Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Hi, I'm sorry, I miss you.
Speaker 2: I miss you.
Speaker 1: I was it going, Oh my gosh, it's going.
Speaker 3: I'm a mess today.
Speaker 1: I'm a mess every day. So welcome to my podcasting world.
Speaker 2: I miss you so much. How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good. All my muscles are gone. I love them fast.
Speaker 2: I hear you.
Speaker 4: I honestly, the holiday's hit and I was like, I'm sleeping and eating and doing nothing else.
Speaker 3: So it was I needed that.
Speaker 1: You totally needed that. You were, yeah, going hard for a long time. I wish I was with you in I wish I could give you a hug.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I miss you so much. I was so excited to do this.
Speaker 4: I know we tried to do it like in the midst of like finale time.
Speaker 3: And it was you had a few things going on. It was a bit busy during that season.
Speaker 4: So I'm happy that I'm like also on the other side, and I feel like I've regained so many brain cells and just like meal capacity to speak.
Speaker 2: So this is awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is crazy. I mean, you were you were literally my first friend I made when I joined that cast. Oh and I think, in fact, you were the first person I saw but didn't see when we had to like no one knew who we were.
Speaker 3: We had to come in. We had our masks, our robes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I said hi to you downstairs, but I didn't know I was saying hi to you because I didn't know it was you.
Speaker 2: I know, it wasn't that strange. Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: And all I could think. I was like, Okay, it's a girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, she sounds youngish. I could see a little bit of black hair, so I'm like, okay, who could it be?
Speaker 3: I got nothing. I don't know. I was like, is this a singer?
Speaker 1: And then we met and then they threw us right into the mix, I mean literally, and we then went.
Speaker 3: To New York.
Speaker 1: We were backstage about to be introduced to the reveal of the Dancing with the Stars cast season thirty three, and I remember they like, good morning America. They kind of had us just like shoved in the back, like we were like and we were.
Speaker 2: Like hearted about like sheep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think you you and I joked about that, which made me feel a little less nervous. I like felt I think I almost felt more nervous that morning on Good Morning America than my first performance. They were like, go here, stand here. When we do this, you're gonna go around.
Speaker 2: That was a really intense morning.
Speaker 4: It was very scared, and it just and then it was over like the blink of an eye, and.
Speaker 3: And then we like flew back to La like later that day or something. It was.
Speaker 2: It was insane and rehearsed.
Speaker 3: The next morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy, And I remember we both were like, we're not okay that New York trip.
Speaker 3: Oh not okay. I was having to like recover from that for the like the next week. Same.
Speaker 4: I was brutal, but but now I remember getting into the studio and like those first couple of days it was so I like went into it so bright eyed, bushy tailed, and I was totally the contestant that was like not necessarily there to win, more to make friends. And so I was like, I just want to talk to everybody, like I just get.
Speaker 2: The note to everyone. And yeah, you were.
Speaker 4: You were like one of the first people that I really really felt deeply connected with. And it happened so fast. I feel like we just kept seeing each other. We may be were like on the same rehearsal schedule, yep. And I just remember always seeing you, like in that little common area, or like in passing in the hallways, or I'd peek my head in during rehearsals, and you just like were so bright and bubbly and like sparkly and had the best energy.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I feel.
Speaker 4: Really safe with her, Like she's she's very warm and kind, and you were just so lovely to me and to everyone.
Speaker 1: That's exactly how I felt about you. You became my safe place on that show, and so once I was gone, I was like, I kind of just want to be here every week to like root on Taylor.
Speaker 2: I missed you. I was like, where is my safety?
Speaker 4: I remember we would be up in the skybox and I'm like I would just come and give you a hug.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 4: Because if you haven't been in that ballroom, you have no idea.
Speaker 2: How terrifying it is.
Speaker 4: It's electrifying and amazing, and the energy is like no other, but it's also so much on the body and on the brain. It is overwhelming. It's overwhelming. And I just remember always like finding you and I was like, crazy, I'm crazy.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to be able to like pop out skybox like every.
Speaker 3: Episode and be like, I'm right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you mind telling this story that you told me a Good Morning America that we had met once before.
Speaker 4: Yes, so crazy as a kid, I kind of so I did.
Speaker 2: I danced when I was a kid. I think everybody knows that I danced.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid.
Speaker 2: I was a little baby.
Speaker 4: And when I was nine years old, I got sent in for this like dance audition for this Gap commercial with the clothing line Gap, and I booked it. I went and filmed it. It was so much fun. It was the first like piece of the entertainment industry I was ever really exposed to. That was the first time I was ever on a set. That was the first time i'd ever like really booked a job.
Speaker 2: And yeah, baby.
Speaker 4: Nine year old Chandler, and I remember it kind of just blew up randomly.
Speaker 2: I don't even really understand.
Speaker 4: How, but I guess, you know, the Gap holiday commercials of that time, early two thousands were the thing, and so it was a really great gig in the sense that it played on almost every single channel on the hour, like constantly, everywhere. It was everywhere and people really started to like pick up on it. It was a little like song and dance, a little cheer kind of campaign, and there's a specific one. I did two commercials I think in like an internet spot. It was like a whole thing package deal. And I did the one commercial called talk to the Moose and it went viral, and I mean viral for like early two thousands. It was all over YouTube. There were parodies being made. We like God, asked to do these like different talk shows. We went on Extra TV with Mario Lopez. It was like a whole shebang. And one of the things that we were asked to do, and this is I'm telling this from my like nine year.
Speaker 2: Old perspective, we were asked to go to.
Speaker 4: A very high profile celebrity household and I'm her this.
Speaker 2: Party, who dance?
Speaker 3: Who? It was Tori Spelling, which was crazy.
Speaker 4: So I literally was on this big gap holiday bus.
Speaker 2: It was like decked out.
Speaker 4: I think I have a picture that I can probably find and send you if I haven't. And we pulled up to this house and we get out and we start dancing and cheering and doing our little app holiday commercial for Tori Spelling and her family and it was wild, and I just remember feeling like so honored. I was like, this is a big deal, like this is this is a big deal. And then you know, however, many years later, it's been you know, a decade and some change.
Speaker 3: We're doing Dancing with the Stars together.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, And yeah, I didn't put two and two together until you told me. And I have like a photographic memory, so as soon as you told me, I could take myself back and I remember you and I'm like, oh my god, I remember where in the driveway it was.
Speaker 3: I remember hugging you. You were so adorable.
Speaker 1: And then it reminded me how much younger you are than me, because I feel like we're friends and like.
Speaker 3: We're like equals who we are.
Speaker 1: But then I was like, wow, I knew her when she was a baby, and it was and we filmed the behind the scenes for my reality show Tory and Dean Sweet Hollywood and my daughter what my daughter and son were the only babies I had at the time.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they were like babies, babies.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's crazy. And my friend Chandler, who was a baby, Oh my.
Speaker 3: Gosh, you knew me way back when I knew her. When you guys, no, that was really cool.
Speaker 4: And as soon as I heard about your announcement, I was like, oh, like that' story, but like I performed for her, and so I had to tell you.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even wait. It was literally like that morning of Good Morning America.
Speaker 3: You guys, like we were.
Speaker 4: Literally standing backstage and I was like, Tori, I have a funny story for you. Now.
Speaker 1: I calmed my nerves because I was like, okay, because to.
Speaker 3: Me, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I walked into that experience just feeling like it's kind of like when I mean, we both know we were on teen shows, so you know what it's like when you go on to someone else's show and you're like that first day and you're like, oh god, you know they gonna accept me?
Speaker 3: Because I know what it's like when this new kid came onto our show.
Speaker 1: And I always wanted people to feel accepted. That was my big thing, and I'm sure you did as well.
Speaker 3: I know you, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was like scary, like are they gonna accept me? Are they gonna like me? I was like, oh my god, what am I doing? A fifty one year old woman and I'm like, I hope my new friends like me, Like it was like high school.
Speaker 4: And you were like also the most lovely person ever, So it was like you became like the cast favorite. I think immediately like we were gonna do like it's so funny. I think back to those early days. Do you remember talking about like baking and like like we had sony plans and then the show just started and I was just like bulldozed us and then it was I remember that moment clearly, and then I remember the finale clearly, and then everything in the middle was like a blur.
Speaker 1: Sure, well, it wasn't a blur for me because I got to watch you every week from my TV, which my seven year old was very grateful, and when he had to go back to the finale, he was like, but I like watching it at home in bed and on our TV.
Speaker 3: Can I just do that?
Speaker 1: And I was like, uh, nope, you're going to You're gonna see me dance one more time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we talked about baking.
Speaker 1: Yes, what were you gonna make? You were going to make your famous something, uh.
Speaker 4: Chocolate chip cookies I think was like the number one make, and then we talked cake.
Speaker 3: Like a cake. I remember, yes, yes, because you were like, I love Oh. I can't remember what you said.
Speaker 4: I remember we talked about like, oh cake or something or almond cake. It'll what did you make or what? Like what what was your recipe? We were sharing, like recipe.
Speaker 3: Or was I going to make my wine cake? Now? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yeses a wine cake. I was like it was like an olive oil cake or an almond cake.
Speaker 1: It was like something like, yeah, and the wine cooks out, but it makes it super like moist. And I know people hate that word, but when you bake, we use moist like it's it's.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this is a good thing in the bakery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No one wants a dry cake.
Speaker 2: No, yes, I remember talking about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're not just like a baker. You're like a baker.
Speaker 2: I love it. It's like my favorite pastime.
Speaker 4: I think it's like one of the only things that I just do for myself for the joy of it, and so I try to, like, I hold onto it very tightly because I don't have many hobbies.
Speaker 3: And so it's just something that I do that I.
Speaker 4: Started when I was pretty young, and I just never stopped. My friends used to call me like the midnight baker, because I would like, at the middle of the night was the only time I had to myself to just like do whatever I wanted. So yeah, I was probably like procrastinating. Like what is it called bedtime revenge? Bedtime procrastination? Have you heard of that?
Speaker 3: No? What is that?
Speaker 2: It's very interesting.
Speaker 4: It's basically like this psychological phenomenon that explains why if you are a really busy person and you don't feel like you have a lot of time to yourself during the day, you it's like your way of getting revenge, like subconscious revenge on your very busy schedule by staying up through the night you know later than you probably should to try to reclaim some of that control in your day to day life. But you know, in that process you are also compromising sleep, which is very important.
Speaker 3: So something I struggled with.
Speaker 1: Full body chills right now, you just describe my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, look into it because it's a tough one. Like you, I know you get it because you are also like one of the busiest people and it's I'm sure you're like just doing a million and one things throughout the day and then in the quiet of the night when everyone goes to bed, no one's calling, no one's emailing, no one's you know, asking anything from you. You could just like let your shoulders drop and breathe and then you know, then it's three am and you're like, why am I still up?
Speaker 1: This is so true and people are like, you have to just turn your brain off.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, that's when my brain comes alive for me. Yes, yeah, that is wild. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So that time your family would just wake up to like all these amazing like truly, Oh.
Speaker 4: I was like two older brothers, and so it was kind of the perfect uh situation because I didn't want to eat like everything that I made it was like far too much for one small girl, and so my brother would just come in and like, you know, I would be gone the next day. So they were kind of my guinea pigs. And then I think that's how I got really good at baking.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they were really grateful, they were really happy.
Speaker 3: You know I do baking from your mom?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a little bit.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, it was something that we did together when I was really young. But then I also kind of just like it was it was something that I could just do for myself, and so I really kind of went on my own little journey with it.
Speaker 3: But do you cook as well? Not so much.
Speaker 1: But you know they say people are either bakers or they're cooks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baking not easy, it's very scientific. I do cook, okay, Yeah, I'm actually I would say I'm better at cooking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was your favorite thing to cook?
Speaker 1: Ooh I like comfort foods and big things, so lasagna, any kind of castle role I can make.
Speaker 3: None of this is kid friendly.
Speaker 1: Him and haw and you know they just want like straight up and I'm like, I'm not making plain chicken like vegetables.
Speaker 2: So you're like cheffing up in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. But I like to try things. Yeah, I love trying things, and I love not see. This is where baking and cooking is so different. I love to not follow a recipe and kind of put a little in.
Speaker 3: Baking is so precise.
Speaker 1: But I think I might have mentioned this to you that my daughter, who is now sixteen, started baking when she was four and she is incredible. So when I heard that you baked, not only do we connect on that level, but I was like, oh my gosh. I was like Stella and Chandler would just you guys are so much alight.
Speaker 2: We need to have a baking party.
Speaker 3: We really do, we really do.
Speaker 2: We did talk about it. We got to do it now.
Speaker 1: I know you and I were both going to bake and bring to said and just like that's just like way overshooting, Like.
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, we had no idea, and this is something that I feel like the pros on Dancy with the Stars talk a lot about the stars that come in don't realize how heavy the workload is.
Speaker 3: You have no idea.
Speaker 4: I think we were like, yeah, this is going to be you know, like this is a cute little side quest. No, we were in the studio like every day, and that was way more intense than I thought it was going to be. I was up for the challenge, but it was just like I was so taken aback, you know, like with with how heavy that workload was.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not when you get the call from your agent.
Speaker 3: It's not what you think, right, you know.
Speaker 1: I feel like they make it sound and everyone from the top to the bottom to everyone in between is the most lovely on Dancing with the Stars, which is a testament to why they've been around thirty three seasons, predominantly all the same crew, Like people love being there and you can tell and while it's a competition show, I and you can speak to this as well, having done many series, like it was the least competitive set I've ever been on, truly, Like it's like wild. But people kept saying like, this is true, this is true. They're like, but you guys have a really great, kind, tight knit cast this season, And it was true. There wasn't one person that I was like, ooh, I don't know of that person, Like I've stayed in touch with everyone, like, oh my gosh, it's it's It was a great cast.
Speaker 4: It was a really lovely cast. I feel like we got so lucky, and I think we all were feeling it. And then we would ask everyone and they would confirm like, no, you guys are like this is the most drama free, Like everyone's bringing good energy, every.
Speaker 3: Special A few yeah, very special. Yeah. So yeah, I felt really lucky, really really lucky.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of cast, I my fans will be very sad if I don't ask you about all of your series. Okay, my fans, I mean my kids, So when I when I told the kids, because I didn't know until they didn't tell me who was on it. I didn't know until we came in to do our first photo shoot that day and people walked in and I was like, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, yeah, who everyone was. I had met a few people at rehearsal, but then, you know, it was kind of fun. It was like the big reveal. I was like, wow, look who's on Oh. But yeah, when I told my kids the cast, they freaked out when I said it was you. Because my daughter Hattie is a huge fan of zombies and a Pretty Little Liar's original sin Oh, she's like a huge fan, and I kept like wanting to get her to like talk to you more and take pictures, and she got super nervous and she'd be all pouty. She's a teen, she's thirteen, and she'd like, no, oh, please, don't embarrass me. I was like, Chandler's the nicest human ever, Like, it's not like that. She did take a picture with Bailey at the finale.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all the Pretty Little Liars girls were there in full support.
Speaker 3: Dang, Okay, well we'll have to make it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen at the making party.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I wasn't saying that to Hint, like please, you need to take a photo with my kid, but you need to take a photo with my kids. But yeah, all my kids were like Chandler Kenny, oh my god, oh my god, we know her, and all of them were like zombies. And then Hattie was like pretty low liars and I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were freaking out about that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I feel like we have that in common as well, like both started young on teen dramas and yeah, how are you how old were you when you started?
Speaker 4: Well, so on for Zombies, I was about eighteen years old, I think. Okay, And yeah that I mean, that's been a whirlwind experience working for Disney's. It really is quite magical. It's a lot of fun. It's yeah, and I'm still like to this day on twenty four and I like getting ready to start promoting the next Zombies movie, Zombies four, that comes out, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: When is that coming out?
Speaker 4: It's it doesn't have a release date yet, but it definitely is coming in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Okay, we are not going to make the people wait too long.
Speaker 2: But it's it's coming. It's coming.
Speaker 4: People will know soon, I think, which I'm stoked about. I think it's going to be so much fun. It's this movie is different than any of the others. It's like, I feel like every movie this is literally our fourth and so to like to be able to say it's it's bigger and better, and which is insane, because every movie.
Speaker 3: Like tops the last.
Speaker 4: So I feel like this one, you know, we shot in New Zealand, which was such a crazy experience. Wow, whereas the last three filmed in Canada and Toronto, so it has a very different feel. Okay, it's quite cinematic. It's just also beautiful. The locations look like postcards. It's insane.
Speaker 3: And then we have a lot of new cast members, so we're we're so excited. Yeah, ooh, a lot of new cast members.
Speaker 4: This movie is kind of like almost a passing of the torch, you know, because I feel like the main cast, the og cast.
Speaker 3: As we call ourselves, you're aging out.
Speaker 2: We're aging out. You know, it happened.
Speaker 3: Who are these oldies?
Speaker 2: We're twenty but it happens though.
Speaker 4: Oh man, life comes at you quick and so yeah, so we're bringing in a new generation.
Speaker 3: Who is smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're smart.
Speaker 4: And they just did that with Descendants as well, which is their other big you know, like originally dcom and now has moved to the streaming space. But they're at that big franchise and they're doing a tour this year. It's so exciting, which I may, you know, pop in on potentially.
Speaker 3: I don't know, we'll see. It was giving me a tour girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, put me on around the world.
Speaker 1: I feel like you can do anything. I'm not biased because I'm your friend. I really you are magical, but your magic like emanates from within, and so yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Feel the same about you, honestly. I think that's why we connected so instantaneously.
Speaker 2: Truly.
Speaker 1: Well, then maybe you could give me some tips on my career. So you need to find a lane. You need to reinvent. Your character on Zombies is Hattie's favorite character, and she was super psyched on Dancing with the Stars when you did an ode to your character and she was like, oh, she's back, and that.
Speaker 3: Was really really cool.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like being so young and being on a teen drama?
Speaker 3: I call it drama? I shouldn't call it a drama.
Speaker 4: I mean I feel yeah, pretty Little Liars definitely teen ya drama.
Speaker 3: Zombies it's like it's musical.
Speaker 4: It's musical, they're singing, there's dancing, there's where Kylie and vampires.
Speaker 3: Yeah, zombies.
Speaker 1: I know, it's like my dream life. But both movies and your series have been you know, a teen cast brought together other kind of exploded everybody. And I just wonder your perspective because I don't talk to many people that I went through it too, obviously in a different era. But it's not easy, yeah, kind of turning into overnight stars instantly and navigating that with having a normal life and trying to focus on being normal and all of a sudden you're getting all this attention and.
Speaker 3: It's hard. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Different people handle it differently, right, I suppose, But what was that like? Did the bond you guys even closer?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah? For sure.
Speaker 4: I think I was lucky in the sense that I did start really young, and I think that grounded me in a sense because I was able to kind of find my footing as I was going along and so which you know, not all my friends have had that experience. I think sometimes you do kind of just land on something and it's it blows up and you're suddenly everything in your life has changed, which is hard because then you have nowhere to go for stability. You know, like nothing is the same, so nothing feels comfortable or familiar. And I have had a lot of friends like that. I think for me, because I started when I was about nine years old, I was able to like kind of just like climb my way, like I really did do the guest star and then the reoccurring and then like my first series regular role and like so it was it was a build and then by the time things really started hitting, you know, on a different level, I felt kind of ready for it because I.
Speaker 3: Had, like you're stepping stones, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Had stepping stones.
Speaker 4: I had like acquired some of the tools along the way I think to show up and like feel equipped, and so that was good. But yeah, I feel like not everybody has that experience, and I know, yeah, for you, it was probably like I think, because you were how you were really young.
Speaker 1: But I had a similar I mean I was born into it because my dad, so I always was on sets, I always.
Speaker 3: Saw people.
Speaker 1: And I started you know, doing guest appearances whatever.
Speaker 3: It was my nads. But still when I was like.
Speaker 1: Five, yeah, okay, yeah, so so yeah.
Speaker 2: We not like that. That built and then when you felt already.
Speaker 4: Hit well I'm really ready, but no ready, there's there's no guidebook for any of them.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, there should be.
Speaker 2: I thought about it.
Speaker 4: You should write it's niche great, you should write specifically, I think for for someone that is moving through just I feel like any insane like life.
Speaker 1: Experience, wait, you can apply. It doesn't just have to be exactly.
Speaker 4: I feel like so much of what I've learned is it applies to life at large, you know, like not just this specific experience, because it really is like all.
Speaker 2: The things that I've I've gone through.
Speaker 4: I'm like, wow, this is something that I think anyone should.
Speaker 3: Know, you know.
Speaker 1: And now there's the new term, well it's not that new anymore, but imposter syndrome. Like everyone that's like the trendy thing, and I'm just like, I don't, I don't know, I don't know if that applies.
Speaker 3: But in hindsight, I and I still do this.
Speaker 1: I am very trusting because I'm very positive. You know, we have lights that shine bright within, and anytime I get knocked down, I'm like, Okay, I just keep going because I believe like and that energy has gotten me through everything. And and so I feel like, in hindsight, though, I would have liked to kind of tell my younger self, like, you know, just be a little more on it for who's there for the right reasons?
Speaker 3: And why do they like you? Is it because? You know? Because me, I would just be like.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love people like so I was accepting of everyone. It was my friends not in the business that would stand back and be like, uh no, that one is hanging on here because you're a star and they're you know, they want.
Speaker 3: Something, And it is challenging.
Speaker 1: When you're a good, kind person, it does change and suddenly everyone wants to be around you, and you're like hoping it's I was always like, well, it's because I'm a good person.
Speaker 3: I'm a nice person. But it's not always.
Speaker 2: That case, not always genuine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And at a young age, it's a hard thing to navigate suddenly becoming such a huge star and people there for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 3: Did you ever find that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: I think that's that's part of it for sure, And I think I have had. I think I feel like I'm in the last couple of years, I've just gotten to a place where things have maybe settled a little bit more. And part of it, I'm like, how much of this is the nature of the beast and how much of this is like just being like a late teen, early twenty, you know, normal experience. And I think it's like a little bit of both at times because people are just figuring things out. But I do think to your point, the job that we do, it does add a whole additional layer of confusion, I think, you know, and and complication. Yeah, and so I definitely there was a time there where I felt like with every new project I would book or I would go off to film or whatever, I would like lose a friend and like, I don't like this correlation between the two things. It was, It wasn't It was always like something different. I think there were times where people maybe felt like that they should be in that position and then that complicated a friendship or or maybe you know, I wasn't around enough to like show up with whatever their expectation of friendship was. And that's when I got really clear. I was like, you know, I think I have to measure the the like my friendships by the quality time that we spend together, not the quantity you know, of time that we spend together, because the truth of the matter is, I'm not around a lot, you know, like we work twelve to fourteen hour days sometimes more. We're traveling the world. I mean, like the last four years, the only thing I've done, the only job I've taken in LA has been dancing with the stars.
Speaker 3: Outside of that, I've.
Speaker 4: Been in New Zealand or Toronto in Canada, or New York or like anywhere on the East Coast or Georgia and anywhere but La, you know, where the majority of my friend group is and right, so, I don't know. It's just like I think a lot of it for me has been finding people that do have like similar definitions of friendship and are okay with you know, not always being able to like hang out every weeknight or whatever. And I think part of that is just like also stepping into adulthood, you know, like you have adult friendships. But it's I think to go through those things simultaneously again, to bring it back to your point.
Speaker 2: Is really really tough. At a very specific experience.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I've lost friends the same way, like, oh my gosh, you never answer your phone.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you didn't return my text. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We had this like we had texted each other and you were so busy you couldn't get back to me, and then I didn't get back or it was like both.
Speaker 3: I think it was mainly me because you reached out, you wrote the nicest thing, and oh, actually no, I think you're.
Speaker 1: Like you You sent me the kindest text right after I was eliminated and I didn't get back to you, and I'm like, but you know what I knew when you did get back to me and then.
Speaker 3: I got back to you.
Speaker 1: Whatever it was, I was like, oh, she's a true friend, because those are the friends that just are like they get it. And it's I guess it is a lot of being in the industry. I'm good friends with Whitney Cummings and she taught me a lot because I'd be like, oh my god, I'm so sorry, I'm the worst friend. I haven't kept in touch and she was like, huh uh no, no, no, you're a true friend, like true friends always find each other again, and true friends don't judge the quantity and quality of the time, sorry, the quantity of the time, and don't have memory of like, oh you didn't call me back or you didn't check anyone. This happened in my life, right, Real friends are just there and that's super true.
Speaker 3: I think I love that.
Speaker 4: Also needed to hear that because I feel the same way and not everybody feels the same way, and that's also okay. I've had to like learn, like that's okay. I think just the reality is everybody needs different things and you have to find people that you know that there is that level of compatibility where you may me have that same definition of friendship. And yeah, I felt the same way because we were like ships passing for a minute and then but I was like, it's all love, you know, it's all love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we see each other.
Speaker 2: We know each other.
Speaker 4: There's like, yeah, yeah, I feel very similarly, but yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: I know we have to go soon.
Speaker 1: But can I bring up an Instagram post that you yes talked.
Speaker 3: About It spoke to me in so many ways.
Speaker 1: So you said it was a year of letting love in, saying yes, accepting support, running towards fear, living outside of my comfort zone and unabashedly following my joy and my dreams.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I couldn't love anymore. I love you? Would you be okay?
Speaker 1: It's giving us a hint of what each of those like, how did you let love in?
Speaker 3: Are you okay?
Speaker 4: Answering that absolutely, I'm like, let me, I can. I know exactly the post, and I like, I can. I can look at each one and tell you yeah. So letting love in for me was letting people love on me, because I think I really try to show up so much for the people in my life and support and be there and cheer on and and for whatever reason, sometimes I don't allow that to be reciprocated. It probably if I were to psychoanalyze myself, that's probably my idea, my past idea of what strength was, you know. And I realized that that was just a disservice to myself, you know, like being strong is being vulnerable and letting people show up for you and and love on you, and that is a beautiful thing. And so I've really challenged myself to let the people in my life be there for me.
Speaker 3: And did you feel on some level? Sorry?
Speaker 1: I interrupted you, but did you feel on some level that you didn't deserve love?
Speaker 4: H I mean maybe maybe somewhere deep down, if I were to dig to the.
Speaker 2: Bottom to have a couple, big big dig.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe I think I think this actually ties in with the I think the friend conversation of like.
Speaker 2: You know, do I do enough for others?
Speaker 4: Like I feel like, you know, and maybe I've had like transactional relationships in my life where I felt like, Okay, if I'm not doing one hundred and ten percent, that I don't deserve one hundred and ten percent. You know.
Speaker 3: Also, that's not realistic, that's not life.
Speaker 4: Life ebbs and flows, and it goes up and it goes down, And I think what's most important is to give whatever you can and know and be okay with like your capacity because not every day you're going to have like one hundred and ten percent to give. But and that's okay, Like that that really is okay. And that also still means that you deserve all the good things, you know. So it's I think that's kind of what where that was coming from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that.
Speaker 4: Was that and then yes, then yes was yeah, being open to new experiences.
Speaker 3: I think it's really easy to.
Speaker 4: Let fear win sometimes, but yes, this can be scary, and so I yeah, dancing with the Stars was a big yes for me, even though I was terrified.
Speaker 1: Now, were you the type that would say no but like makeup reasons why it should be no just because you were fearful of doing it?
Speaker 2: I always challenged that.
Speaker 4: I think I've been pretty decent with, you know, untangling my fear from like really justified reasoning. But you know, I think it's always something that you're ever going to have to check in on and like always make sure you're doing things for the right reason.
Speaker 3: And I think no is also important as well.
Speaker 4: But but I think you can't avoid the yes just because you're afraid, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I agree, What is your biggest fear? Sorry we're jumping one because I know supports next, But what a fear did you run to? But what is your biggest fear?
Speaker 2: I think my biggest fear is failure, honestly big fear.
Speaker 4: And I think failure is also super important and I've had to learn why by failing, And you know, I think I think some of my biggest lessons have been like what I would have maybe considered to be a failure. But even now, looking back at it, I've reframed it in a way of like that that was a lesson, you know, and that was an opportunity to shift or readjust or change or grow. So I don't look at them as failures so much anymore. I'm kind of in the process of of love reframing that.
Speaker 3: I love that. Yeah, that's I think the fear, you know.
Speaker 4: I think that the biggest fear now is like failure and not learning anything from it.
Speaker 3: But there's still a lesson there.
Speaker 2: There's still a lesson there, that's right.
Speaker 1: Even if you don't think you learn it, your body holds on to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't believe in regrets.
Speaker 1: And that took me a long time to realize because I would always look back and be like, this was supposed to be great, and then it was like climbing that mountain and slipping back down.
Speaker 3: Why Why?
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, It's all part of the journey. Like, failures are just part of our journey and it makes up who we are. And I wouldn't be me if I didn't have those failures along with my successes.
Speaker 3: It's true, It's true. Okay, what support did you need to accept.
Speaker 4: Actually, this one was squarely about Dancing with the Stars, really.
Speaker 3: Because I.
Speaker 2: Really do like to do I have in the past.
Speaker 4: This was a big transitional year for me, so you'll hear me say a lot like Past Chandler. She Past Chandler really liked to do things on her own. I think it did make her feel really strong and independent, but it also didn't really get her far. And I think specifically with Dancing with the Stars, I allowed myself to be supported and wrapped in loved love by the.
Speaker 3: People in my life and I needed it.
Speaker 4: You know. It was definitely one of the scariest things I'd ever done. I also was like burning my body out and like putting it to the ultimate test physically, mentally, emotionally, psychologically, and I needed support. And you know, I was also driving really far because I'm kind of right outside of LA and I ultimately couldn't do that drive anymore. And so then I was like literally CouchSurfing, like staying not noticed.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I actually.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if I've talked about this publicly, but I was like it was I was doing everything in my power to make it work because I was it was just not safe for me to be on the road after long rehearsal days and we were not getting any days off throughout the entire process. I only took two days off literally, just too And so I I my friends. You know, you have your people in your life that are like, oh, let me know if you need anything, and sometimes it stops there. And but then I was like, you know what, let me let these people support me, because I actually do need support. And I think even recognizing that I needed support was a big step. And then to let people show up was huge. And so, yeah, that's huge, look for me, or like give me a couch when I'm it was like deep in La or West Hollywood, and or just call and give me some words of advice or support or encouragement. And to really like open myself up to receive it was I think a big win for me.
Speaker 1: And lastly, which dream did you follow the hardest?
Speaker 4: I think my heart, which sounds really cheesy, but true it doesn't.
Speaker 2: My heart.
Speaker 4: I just like, let I followed the joy, you know, And sometimes I think you do have to get kind of quiet to like hear it and recognize it in your mind and in your body, And it's hard when you're a really busy person and you get kind of in the grind and you have your goals and so you just kind of like put the blinders on and you're so focused on what you're doing, and then you look up one day and you're like, Wow, it's been a year, or it's been you know, however long, and like, have I breathed? Have I had moments of joy? Have I had moments of connection? And so I really just kind of tried to quiet my head a little bit and let my heart lead, and it took me to some really cool places last year. So I was really grateful. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: I wish you could be my therapist, but you have enough enough plates are spinning around doing.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Lastly, you are going on tour with Dancing of the Stars. Is it March fifteenth?
Speaker 3: You join them?
Speaker 4: Yo? February? Sorry so soon? Oh my gosh, thirteenth. I think I should know these dates, but I do two legs, so I think my second leg is March fifteenth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm going really soon. Oh my gosh. Yeah, I've been, I've been.
Speaker 1: I'm inundated with the stories because obviously we all follow each other and the pros and just watching them every night, I'm like, oh my god, I can't believe they do this every night. Whoa And now I see Joey's there, and I'm like, and Joey's now do He's thrown in there doing it every night? Like wow, this is this is crazy. Well, I want to come see one of your shows.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 1: You want to bring the kids, bring the kid, you can get her photo, yes, yes, and then you stay with them your last leg, you stay till last year.
Speaker 3: Is that six? They'll come April fifth or April six? Yeah, I should do that. That's the easiest.
Speaker 4: And I think Alona will be there towards the end as well, which will be awesome. And yeah, I'm stoked. I mean, I've never been on tour. I've never like lived on a bus. I've never toured the country, so you know, I think just the life experience of it all is super exciting.
Speaker 3: But also would be on the bus too. Yeah, yeah, the bus looks really fun. You know. I like new experiences.
Speaker 4: Though, I've been meaning to like reach out to Joey because they just got Joey and Jenna just got there.
Speaker 3: You know, be like, how is it.
Speaker 1: Steven's been there the whole time time, Steven's like this, He's just I thought he was just hosting it.
Speaker 3: I didn't really understand. Oh he's dancing and he's full on dancing with the pros. And I'm like, I.
Speaker 2: Will tell you.
Speaker 3: I actually so.
Speaker 4: Because we started rehearsal like right after the show ended. There was like hardly any break. So that was like my December and then that's why I crashed so hard during the holidays because I was so tired. But I got to see the full finish show obviously, like I know my.
Speaker 2: Parts and I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 4: But I saw just like the Stephen Show, and he's he's so great in it, and it's funny and it's lively. Like honestly, I think it's like fifty percent comedy and fifty percent dance.
Speaker 2: Like it's it's gonna be a read.
Speaker 1: I I can pick that up when I'm looking at the posts on Instagram and it looks amazing. Well, I'm super excited, and I believe everyone can go to ticket Master get your tickets. Well, thank you, my friend.
Speaker 3: I love you. Gosh.
Speaker 1: I if I could go back, I wish I was Chandler Kenney at twenty four.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh my gosh, no way.
Speaker 1: You are so wise and you're definitely an old soul. And I just was connected to you from the beginning and you inspired me.
Speaker 3: On so many levels.
Speaker 1: Let me just say that so I could talk to you for hours and I will in off camera camera.
Speaker 2: No, I love you and I feel they love you about you.
Speaker 1: It's I want to make a pineapple upside down cake with you. I don't know where that came from, how of my I just pulled that out of my brain.
Speaker 2: Hey, sometimes good ideas just they just happen.
Speaker 1: But we'll get in hugs and a pineapple upside down cake and I'll see you at the LA Show dancing with the stores.
Speaker 4: I love you so so so much, truly.
Speaker 2: This is the best way to spend a morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I love you, Love you, hugs and kisses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and I'll see you soon.
Speaker 4: Yes,