Speaker 1: Second date update. You know, the great Wayne Gretzky once said, you miss one hundred percent of the shots. You don't take deep. Meanwhile, our social media coordinator Alexis said, I'm taking one hundred percent of these shots.
Speaker 2: I think I think you missed the point of the No, I got it, you got it.
Speaker 1: We're going to channel the energy from both of those quotes and funnel them much like a beer bong, into this segment so we can get another date for our listener, Dusty.
Speaker 2: All right, just open your mouth up, throw it up and drink.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Dusty, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 4: You sound sober, So that's a good start, Dusty, Is it a good start?
Speaker 3: You guys don't even know.
Speaker 2: We will soon.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a little bit more than alcoholic has been on this morning, but we want to help you out. Dusty. Tell us about the woman you went out with recently. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Our name is Courtney.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: We met online and she had the wet hair and everything like that.
Speaker 5: It was the thing like, Therese, we're wet hair. It's gross.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't get it. I don't understand why I'm attracted to that.
Speaker 2: That into the wet hair like body, and I never looked cute with wet hair. I'm just going to let you know. I get out of the pool and I'm like a drowned rat.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Courtney had wet hair in her picture and that turned you on. How did you end up reaching out to her?
Speaker 3: We texted a little bit and we like, we kind of hit it off. I met at this restaurant and she didn't have wet hair, but she was still cute. I was anticipating. I think it was gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, so how did dinner go?
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: We got into a couple of TV shows that we started talking about, and I really love Ghost Hunters. If you know the show, I've actually seen it.
Speaker 5: Here's a quick recap if you haven't seen it. Oh my god, this room just got really cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah did you hear that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got. We got to play back the tape a million times.
Speaker 3: But happens all the time. And I believe in ghosts. I do, so it kind of freaks me out a little bit.
Speaker 1: How did Courtney feel about that conversation?
Speaker 3: She was a little light about it. She didn't really like get into it. And so I was like, I kind of went into this episode about this mental hospital that that I just watched and freaked me out a little bit.
Speaker 4: And okay, so you were getting a vibe from her that she was interested, but you took a deep dive anyway, super good.
Speaker 3: I mean I was trying to get her riled up a little bit.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah, nothing turns me on, like talk to me about ghosts in a mental war.
Speaker 2: Did you get her on your side? Did she come around?
Speaker 3: She was intrigued, which ended up reminding me of this children's hospital in town that's abandoned.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I was like, I've been inside of that hospital and it freaks me out. So it just it was it's overgrown and everything like that. It's really creepy.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: Did the old hospital in my town that turned into apartments It was across the street from the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the kids going through and I never.
Speaker 5: Ran through it. It's literally haunted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine was just full of mes, but.
Speaker 5: You know, still still haunting.
Speaker 2: It's a different time department.
Speaker 1: So what did you do with the children's hospital?
Speaker 3: So I asked her if if she wanted to go check it out.
Speaker 2: And she did, you don't think she's afraid she's gonna get murdered.
Speaker 4: I just met this guy on the internet come to an abandoned children's with me.
Speaker 3: No, like she knew that I was like super into this, and I don't think she did. I think we hit it off very nicely.
Speaker 1: It's always good in this segment when we have to ask the question, do you feel like she might end up getting murdered? She might be afraid of that. That's how you know what date's going really well.
Speaker 5: And the guy goes, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Come on, girl, let's dunk your hair in a bowl of water and go to the children's.
Speaker 2: Hair you're being scared.
Speaker 4: If somebody can really bond you to somebody, it's not a bad idea, you know. Like it.
Speaker 2: Now you're gonna have this shared experience together.
Speaker 1: How was the experience?
Speaker 3: It was good. We drove around, we found a parking spot and we started walking around the building.
Speaker 5: On the ground.
Speaker 3: It was completely pitch black. There was one light in the raptors that was on in the foyer.
Speaker 5: And is the light on?
Speaker 3: I have no idea that was. That wasn't on the last time that I was there.
Speaker 1: Sounds like makeout type lighting.
Speaker 3: So as we were coming around the corner, I wanted to go take a closer look, and so I kind of went around a corner in front of her and I stopped. I paused, and she didn't.
Speaker 1: She stopped.
Speaker 3: She couldn't hear anything, and so she called my name and I was and I was like, Courtney, I whispered, you.
Speaker 1: Didn't, and she like.
Speaker 3: She came around the corner and I popped out and I scared her, and that that might have been the thing that I'm thinking that my that be you know, the reason why she's called she just didn't like that. Yeah, she doesn't like being like jarred scared, you know, she likes being like psychologically scared, but not like not.
Speaker 1: A man jumping out of the bushes.
Speaker 6: He did.
Speaker 2: She seem mad after that? Is that why you're saying that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she kind of seemed a little pissed.
Speaker 4: Up, like look to but you don't go without doing stuff like that, like that's the fun part of it.
Speaker 2: I loved jumping out and scared people.
Speaker 1: I mean, was that it for the children's hospital after that?
Speaker 5: So that was it.
Speaker 3: So we got back in the car. I drove her back to her car at the restaurant and then she left, and so we've been texting for a little bit and that it's been fine, but nothing has really kind of smarked or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd say you got ghosted, Hilary.
Speaker 3: So it's like it seemed like it was going really well and then it seemed like it wasn't. And and so I've been apologizing over the text, but she hasn't been like super receptive, but I wanted to. I'm curious, like if that was the reason why, then that was the reason why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it sounds like it's worth another shot, worth another date to see if you guys.
Speaker 5: Can a normal date.
Speaker 1: In like an adults hospital. That's been a bit. We got to get the full spectrum here. So let's play a song. We'll come back, we'll call Courtney for you, and we'll try and get you your second date update A right, all right, hold on second date update. Whispering voices, flickering lights, dripping wet hair over a child sized straight jacket.
Speaker 2: I don't know it works for the guy on the phone though.
Speaker 1: Some might call it spooky, but I call it love gosh, because that's what one of our listeners Dusty decided to do for his first date with a woman named Courtney. After spending a casual night at Chili's with some loaded potatoes, they headed out to the abandoned children's hospital for a little fun.
Speaker 2: I mean they were trying to be scared. I don't think they're going to be sexy.
Speaker 1: J The main thing to take away is Dusty popped out and scared Courtney at the hospital.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Seem like she didn't like that very much. And so now the lover of ghosts, Dusty is being dusted or ghosted. She's not getting back to him, That's what I mean. And we're going to reach out to.
Speaker 5: Her, Jeff. But you've put a lot of work into that and I don't think you need.
Speaker 2: Are you Are you with us, Dusty?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, Yeah, that was great.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean the thing is, you've already apologized for the jump out and scare at this point, do you think that, like, do you think she'll want to go.
Speaker 2: Out with you again?
Speaker 3: I help, Yeah, Look, I mean if she does, she does, If she doesn't, she doesn't. I just want it. I'm curious. I would you want to answer?
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, you like to solve mysteries.
Speaker 3: Like I told myself, I was going to be unapologetically me and ghosts. I love ghosts. Ghost are my thing, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's the answer.
Speaker 5: If she's like, he's a ghost nut, then you're not going to be upset.
Speaker 4: Are you? No?
Speaker 5: Not at all.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna call her. We're gonna try and get her to go out on a date with you or else. No, let's just see what she has to say. I'm all her phone number right now. You're ready, man? Yeah, okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is this Courtney?
Speaker 6: It is miss who I'm speaking is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, My name's jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. How you doing?
Speaker 6: I'm fine? How can I help you today?
Speaker 2: Did you listen to the show over, Courtney?
Speaker 1: I have never I'm sorry, I'm We're a morning radio show and we do a segment here called the Second Date Update. That's where if our listeners go out with somebody and afterwards, if that person isn't calling back, they'll email us to reach out and help them figure out the reason why.
Speaker 6: What's going on to second date with me?
Speaker 2: Oh you don't know?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, it's a guy that really likes you. His name's Dusty.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, there goes the excitement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well, I mean Dusty told us about the date that you guys had. What did you think.
Speaker 6: He was just.
Speaker 2: She keeps getting higher pitchs. What was going on through dinner that you didn't like?
Speaker 6: He just was like going on and on and on about spirit hunters.
Speaker 2: Or ghost hunters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, he mentioned that to us that TV shows came up, and he's really big into that one and just supernatural stuff in general. How did that make you feel?
Speaker 6: You know, I was interested, he had my ear, but okay, whom it got creepy because then he suggested for us to go to like dis abandoned kids hospital, right.
Speaker 1: He mentioned that, and you did end up going there with him. I mean, he felt like the hospital was pretty fun up until he jumped out and scared you. He felt like maybe that took it a little bit over the edge.
Speaker 6: That really wasn't the deal breaker for me. It actually was when we got in the car.
Speaker 1: Oh, we didn't hear about what happened in the car.
Speaker 6: Oh he didn't tell you about that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, he had to drive me back to my car at the restaurant. So the conversation got extremely weird. He told me that he really really believed in ghosts, and you know, I kind of like laughed it off because you know, all right, obviously you do.
Speaker 2: At this you talking about this, Like, how is is there anything else to talk about?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean we're just talking. He's like, you know, you want to hear something really crazy, and I'm like, not really. He proceeded to tell me that he had been in a relationship with the ghost.
Speaker 1: Say in a relationship with a ghost?
Speaker 6: He said it with brief if that makes me feel any.
Speaker 1: Better, like a romantic relationship or.
Speaker 6: Like a I honestly didn't want any details. He just took me to this hospital and I met him on the internet.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to get to my car because you're like, you're not supposed to talk about access on the first date.
Speaker 1: Right, I would want to get the details if somebody says something crazy like that to me, like, tell me more about what you mean?
Speaker 2: Does she have an Instagram?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, you don't want to push it, Jeffrey. You just want to get out at that.
Speaker 1: Oh you need the detail so that you can make fun of him later. When you're telling your friends about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's valid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I was just concerned that she maybe wasn't a ghost in the beginning of the relationships.
Speaker 1: I need to tell you, Courtney that Dusty's on the other line listening right now. He wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: I love I love hearing this card date.
Speaker 1: Do you are you sure Dussey it wasn't a rave review? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, And that's fine, that's okay. Like she's not game, she's not game, like Courtney, that's totally fine. You know, it's it was a pass fling and.
Speaker 4: Wait past fleet, she's not jealous, dude, Like the Courtney, are you there?
Speaker 6: I don't want to be.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, Dusty, you got to talk to her, Like, what what do you mean by you were in a relationship with a ghost?
Speaker 3: It wasn't even like a relationship. It was that it was at my old apartment. Alice was haunting it. Alice, Alice, she actually passed away in that apartment.
Speaker 2: Wait, did you know her when she was alive?
Speaker 3: That's I didn't know her when she was alive.
Speaker 5: How do you know her name?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: Because she told me and then I corroborated it with the old landlord, and you legally have to tell somebody if somebody has died in an apartment that you are taking over.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, hold on you You ghost told you its name, and then you asked your landlord and they confirmed, yes, that was the person who died in that.
Speaker 3: They confirmed it. And then and then he said, you can stay here if you want to, and I'd be happy to give you a discount. And I said, sure, why not?
Speaker 2: But what is this relationship?
Speaker 3: Saying yeah, it wasn't even a relationship. It was like, what was it? It was just a simple hookup thing. She came on into my bed.
Speaker 2: I mean, hst, I just I can't buy this one. Are you Are you messing with us? Dusty?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, man, no, I'm not kidding you around.
Speaker 3: We just fooled around.
Speaker 2: It wasn't super indept, Like, what does it feel like kicks in a ghost?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: How do you kiss a ghost?
Speaker 3: Dude? I'd love It feels very normal?
Speaker 1: Okay, normal, So Courtney, doesn't that make you feel better? He's just hooking up late at night with a ghost. It wasn't weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's very normal, right, right?
Speaker 5: Are you using ghost protection?
Speaker 2: Do you still live there.
Speaker 3: No, no, I hope I had to move.
Speaker 2: Who broke up with?
Speaker 5: Good question?
Speaker 3: She wanted more than I. I was willing.
Speaker 5: Relationship.
Speaker 2: I mean that, I will say, that's a woman that you don't want to make mad.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I had to leave. I had to go.
Speaker 2: So you're is there any proof that you can offer us he did the name thing, Brooke.
Speaker 5: That's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: I mean I I think it's just heird that you left that out of your story to us. When we talked to you in the first part here, you didn't mention anything about she.
Speaker 3: Didn't coordiny, no offense, but like your response to that was like, oh, that's interesting, and then I for my life.
Speaker 5: She wasn't trying to throw any flags. Oh that is very normal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it is.
Speaker 2: I will say, Dusty doesn't sound dangerous.
Speaker 1: And also, in his defense, everybody has at least one crazy x y. Dusty just has a crazy dead X.
Speaker 6: I just want to know, is it okay for me to get off the phone now?
Speaker 1: We can't let you off until I ask you this question, Courtney, because we'd like to send you out on another date with Dusty and we'll pay for that.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. Lusty, Dusty, it's gonna be a no.
Speaker 3: I think Dusty, that's okay, that's okay. I just wanted an answer that's true.
Speaker 4: So I do think Dusty, that maybe you should like reserve the whole ghost hook up story for like, I don't know, date five, Like maybe on the first date it's too much to stomach.
Speaker 6: Maybe marrier, she's already locked in for life.
Speaker 1: All right, man, Well no second date. And I just I really hope that Alice was not listening to this second day of update.
Speaker 2: You have to have a radio honor. Could she just hear it?
Speaker 1: I'm sure she could. She could just intercept the radio wave. So Alice, if you're listen listening to this, it was all
Speaker 3: Brooks idea Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,