Speaker 1: Oh look, it's National folding your laundry Day. Let's celebrate. It's one more thing. I'm strong, Andy, one more thing. Washington Posts had a good article the other day that something we have mocked for years, and I've never heard anybody else talk about this but us. Actually you, you brought it to us many years ago. You started it. This is one of your many g odds. Joe has so many g ods, and one of them is fighting back against national so called national holidays that are all made up. And then Joe brought us the information many many years ago that there are these various websites that charge you, like for five hundred bucks, will declare this national you know, uh, Local Realtor's Day, and you, as a local realtor, think that'd be really cool, so you bay the money, and then it shows up on a calendar somewhere. A local news station mention it doesn't accident, He's National Strawberry Shortcake Day, say the newscaster or idiots, And the Washington Post headline was, we ranked fifty seven hundred holidays from Labor Day to World Dracula Day. Which ones do you celebrate? And you can put in a date like your birthday or whatever, and get the list of all of them. Like today it's September third when we're recording, this is Global Talent Acquisition Day, Merchant Navy Day, Skyscraper Day. I mean, that's just some of them, you know, And what the hell you those mean?
Speaker 2: What does it mean?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: It's a lot like the We'll have a star named for you in the National Register. It's similar to that sort of thing. National Folding Laundry Day I mentioned is March thirtieth. Uh National Jerky Day is June twelfth. There is a what if cats and dogs had a posable thumbs Day, which is March third.
Speaker 2: Chills me to the ball and even contemplated.
Speaker 1: It's all pretty stupid, and we could go room and mock those and laugh about them and all that sort of stuff. And then they have a realness score on these days, and they ranked all fifty seven hundred on the realness score, which includes a whole bunch of stuff. Do I actually have what the criteria is? I kind of have it off the top of my head. It's the how many people celebrate it, how many calendars included on there, how often does it get mentioned in the media, you know, blah blah blah as to how real it is or not. And for the list, yeah, for the ones today, for instance, US Bowling League Day is today that has a point five realness score, like half of one percent in terms of how real a holiday that is, and a lot of them are really really low. But then they ranked everything, which I thought was kind of interesting, and I also saw some typical Washington Post sort of bias in there. Oh, by the way, the national hug days, there are hundreds of those, like National Hug of Plumber Day, National Hugga Drummer Day, National hug someone named Kevin Day, National hugg A Musician Day, hu hug An Australian Hug of vegetarian hug a, Medievalist hug of sheep. I mean, there's just there's many, many, many of these. No, I was just hugging the sheep, I promise, get through hoofs out of my boots. How did that happen?
Speaker 2: We all thinking of that.
Speaker 1: He just caught me at a weird angle. So there's that. I mean, this is really an interesting article. They go through so many parts of it, the nailing down what's the realist and then they got this graph with the dots. I mean, it's really, really quite something for fifty seven hundred different holidays, and how real they are. The most real holiday with a score of eleven point eight, very good score, very high. Twenty out of fifteen. I don't know what it is, but the highest score, which is not surprising if you thought about it for very long. Thanksgiving, that's the most real, Okay, most the biggest chunk of people celebrate it because it's non religious, gets mentioned, companies honor it, businesses are closed, shows up on calendars, all of the things. The highest ranking you can get is for Thanksgiving. I must quibble and say it was quite specifically deliberately religious at first. Oh yeah, it's not now.
Speaker 3: And that's the idea that many people have of the day. But certainly gluttony and football are reason enough to gather and celebrate the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and nobody attaches it to a religious and religion now, so nobody gets butt hurt about it, and everybody goes ahead and does.
Speaker 3: It if you want to. It's entirely voluntary and well, God bless you.
Speaker 1: Followed by Memorial Day, followed by and again this is a Washington Post coming up with the criteria well, let me just throw in off the top of my head. How many do they have your twenty of the top twenty Christmas isn't in there? I call bullshit. Yes, oh please. The entire country stops for Christmas. And I don't care if you're Jewish or Muslim, it still stops. I mean, it's just everything is built around vacations, commerce, whatever. It is, like twenty percent of our economy. I mean, everything is built around that. To not have that on here because you want to be so precious about not having a religious holiday is so Washington Post.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I just had a revelation because you're one hundred percent right. I agree with you, and I initially was when you said, that's just so pissed off an annoyed at the Washington Post.
Speaker 2: But it's funny.
Speaker 3: It's just flashed into my head. The Washington Post, like so much a progressive America beclowns itself so skillfully and thoroughly. I shouldn't be annoyed with them. I should be grateful. It's like, if you know, I had a rival for the hand of a fair young lass and that rival like punched her mom in the stomach.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what the Washington Post is doing.
Speaker 3: In the war for hearts and minds.
Speaker 2: You people are effing stupid.
Speaker 3: You don't well, Christmas is really just you know, Christians, white people, something, the patriarchy, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Every business in America structures their year around Christmas. For instance, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God dang it.
Speaker 1: So and then people suck.
Speaker 3: You suck at your jobs, You suck morally, you have no wisdom, You certainly don't have a sense of humor. You suck.
Speaker 1: Right. It's like I'm always mentioning. I mentioned this every Mother's Day, which is like number five fifteen on the list of the most real holidays. I would say that should be higher. Also every year where.
Speaker 3: Do they have Independence Day aka the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: I'll get to some more of them will make you mad. But like every Mother's Day, I always, I always mention the op eds because Mother's Day Sunday in the Washington Post will have endless op eds about how awful Mother's Day is, or how awful moms are, or how awful you know, using the term mom is, or whatever crap that appeals to practically no one. So number one realness Thanksgiving number two, realness, Memorial Day. I'm happy with that number three realness of all the things that exist, Juneteenth s t f U. I. But it's just it's just wrong. It's not I'm not making a racial judgment here, it's just wrong. You could add, I'll bet there's a third of the country that still doesn't even know Juneteenth.
Speaker 3: Exists, right, And there's a that knows that exists, but aren't sure what we're celebrating.
Speaker 1: And don't do anything as opposed to Christmas, which is an on this list.
Speaker 2: I stand by my aforementioned four letters.
Speaker 1: You couldn't if you locked yourself in the basement and stuff stuff in your ears avoid knowing it was Christmas. Yeah, but they have Juneteenth ranked third in terms of real holidays. AnyWho, then Martin Luther King Junior Day, similar before Independence Day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Well, this is a study of psychosis. This has nothing to do with holidays. This has to do with psychotic people who happen to work at the Washington Post.
Speaker 1: Well, this is this is one sub section of this whole thing about holidays, And the main thing is just that there are fifty seven hundred completely made up crap days that nobody even knows exists. That's the most point. But then this realness scale they came up with so that they could interject their Washington Post goodness of wokeness about everything. So, yeah, Independence Day looks like it's about seventeenth or something on the list, which is hilarious. That's another one that everybody's aware of. Freaking everybody knows Fourth of July happens and builds their summer around it. Well, right, and if you were unaware of it, the fireworks would remind you there are literally fucking fireworks on that day. And you go downtown that morning, how come I can't get across the street. The Fourth of July Parade's going on in every town in America, including my town.
Speaker 2: But and again I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to disrespect Junteen because it's a it's a cool thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so that was just hilarious. I thought, Yeah, International Hug of Deer Day, National Huggin Newsperson Day, hug a Shed and take a Selfie Day.
Speaker 2: What the hell is that?
Speaker 1: Hug a shed and take a selfie? I don't know what that is. Hug a bear, hug an addict or Alcoholic Day, hug a greeting card writer day. That's kind of funny meta thing. International hug a runner, hug an economist, hug an economist.
Speaker 2: Wow, you find an accounting how you doing nice? Uh?
Speaker 1: Graph I was about fifteen percent better before you hugged me. Words that appear twenty five times or more in the names of unofficial holidays. I'll end with this, but the amount of information they have on this is really quite amazing. The most common word to show up in the fifty seven hundred different holidays dog, which is not that surprising. There's just so many different iterations of bring your dog to work, hug your dog, feed your dog.
Speaker 2: Love your dog, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Sure, then chocolate cream, love cream cream, coffee, round coffee. Why cream makes such an appairance cream ice cream? Then the word take, the word work. The word hug pie is down there though, but it's on the list m For instance, there's doggy Date Night Day where you take your dog on a date, you weirdo, National Dog Theft Day, Oh, National Dog Theft Awareness Day, Okay, French Bulldog Day, Little Pamper, Dog Day, Rescue Dog Day, Dog Party Day, Dogs and Politics Day, Dog Photography Day, Black Dog Day, Thankful for my dog Day, which is different than the other dog days in some freaking way. Anyway, goes on and on and on, as we explained, Uh, Valentine's Day for don't your significant jerk? Day around love has a has a high score of realness. I had not heard that one before. Pick a day February first, that's the day you should dump your significant jerk. I think I remember talking about this in the past. It's around the whole how they were at your family gatherings, did they not get you a present? Blah blah blah February first, at looking back on it, let's start, let's let's get rid of this.
Speaker 3: Person, right, and you spend January thinking is this getting better? Am I overreacting? By the end of the months, you think, no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm going to make this new mean new year. Knew me.
Speaker 3: I should have known they were an a hole when they told me they worked at the Washington Post.
Speaker 2: But I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: Aconomous day, well, I guess that's it.