Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR pre Show. Today. It's hump Day, Wednesday, March twenty sixth. I'm Billy Rutliche along with Shannon the Dude. Why don't you give us a call eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You can also Texas at five oh two two sixty five six six five six and is always The KSR Bri Show is brought to you by ital X Fine Italian Dining right here in Lexington the week of the Sweet sixteen. We've been getting you ready all week and we'll talk about it more today. Shannon the Dude is in Louisville. Good morning, man, what's up. It's good to see it.
Speaker 3: Hey, Yeah, good to be here, ready to rock.
Speaker 4: And tomorrow it augets going the Sweet sixteen just a day away from it from a kick it off, and of course we got the high School Sweet sixteen going on today.
Speaker 1: That's right. KSR will be broadcasting from Repperena today, so we'll hand it off to Matt Ryan and Drew at the Boys Sweet sixteen later today. Shannon, I'm at my house for two reasons. One, I have a bunch of ants in my Kenchin and spent about thirty minutes cleaning up ants this morning as soon as I woke up. And two, I'm afraid of the plethora of fifteen year olds now on the roads here in after Andy Basher signed it into law that you only have to be fifteen to get a permit. Shannon, I'm a little worried the roads are a little bit more dangerous today than they were just a couple days ago.
Speaker 3: It's a scary thought.
Speaker 4: Like I said yesterday on KSR, half the people driving shouldn't be on the road. I mean, there are some of the worst drivers I've ever seen right here in Louisville. I gotta I gotta tell you, Like I've been all over the place, but Louisville has some of the absolute worst drivers. Maybe that's because I'm like on the roads in Louisville more often than I am in other states. The man, I'm like, how do these people get their license? And sometimes I even say that about people that I know. Yeah, you know, like if I'm just being honest, like, man, like you need to go back and see if you could pass a driver's test, because I don't think you could right now if you had to go back.
Speaker 1: Now, if you transported me back to fifteen year old Billy R. Sports, I would loved this. I mean, I was ready for freedom. I wanted to get a car as soon as possible. This was my way of getting out of the house and hanging out with the boys. But as I've gotten older and maybe a little bit wiser, Shannon, that's debatable. I look back and think fifteen year old Billy our Sports doesn't need to be on the road. No, he's not mature enough. He's not ready. It's questionable if he's mature enough now. But you know what, Shan, I just I know what happens in other states. I'm not sure why I see the benefit until was it a caller or somebody texted in yesterday and said, insurance companies are going to be able to maybe charge you a little bit more money to add your fifteen year old to you to your new car plan.
Speaker 4: At the end, it's all about money. Like I've said before, the answer to nine out of ten questions in life.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 4: That's what it all comes down to, chasing that dollar. So you know, I'm also you know I've said this before. It may be a controversial take, but I'm also for when you get to a certain age, I think.
Speaker 3: You should have to retake retest him.
Speaker 4: I do, I really do, because people go, oh, well, then you're you know, you're limiting people from traveling. Okay, well, if they can't pass a driver's test, I'm sorry, they don't belong on the road.
Speaker 3: They should not be driving. You shouldn't be And they.
Speaker 4: Say, well, you know, then they forced people to have to get buzzed. Well, okay, maybe you shouldn't be driving if you can't pass a driver's test.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that age is.
Speaker 4: I don't have that quite figured out, but I'm telling you, Billy, at a certain age, I think we should all have to take the test again, just to make sure you can still do it, because you don't have the same cognitive skills when you get older in life as you did when you were sixteen.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. I agree. Now, it's it's tough to take away that freedom from from somebody that's already been experiencing that for decades. But you know what, it's about the protection of others. Yeah, you know what, And if we could do like a simple vision test, if we can make sure that you're still reacting.
Speaker 4: To things they are doing. The vision thing like you do have to do a vision test.
Speaker 1: Now when you go to the DMV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which I am one hundred percent for. Again, Well good again. If you can't see, you can't drive. I don't want blind people driving.
Speaker 1: Well, you make sure you get your real ID if you're planning to travel anytime soon. That's going to be coming up. That data is only in a couple months. But speaking of you know, money ruling the world twenty three in me selling people's DNA to get out of bankruptcy, I mean, I have an interesting story when it comes to some of these companies. But did you ever you know, swab the inside of your cheek and find out if you're half Cherokee, Indian or anything like that.
Speaker 4: I did, but it was I did, but it wasn't through twenty three and me it was through ancestry or.
Speaker 1: Well you're good, I think.
Speaker 3: Well until ancestry sells DNA.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you had to basically just I mean, it's kind of gross, but it's the only way you can do it. You have to spit into a test tube, seal it off, send it off, and then you get results back and you know, I can still go on there now and sort of piece together my family tree based off my DNA and every now and then kind of like what Drew was saying with twenty three and me, although I don't think mine goes into great detail like his does, where it says like, oh, you have a old Yeah, it doesn't. It doesn't tell me if I'm likely to bold. I can look into.
Speaker 1: Mirror like figure that out in past eight A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't give you that, but it is kind of cool that, like every now and then it'll say like, here's a tip, this person may be in your family, and you can kind of research it and figure.
Speaker 3: Out if they actually are.
Speaker 4: Now. The thing about it is too there's like a free version and then there's a premium version. I haven't paid for the premium version, so you know, basically, I'm interested to an extent as to who's in my family, but don't ask me to pay twenty nine ninety nine every two months to find out because I'm not that interested.
Speaker 1: So you don't want to meet a cousin.
Speaker 4: Cousin like, I'll do the free version of it, but don't say, you know, if you want to see the gravestone, you gotta pay me thirty bucks.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not gonna see, I'm not gonna look at that.
Speaker 1: Well, there can be some negative consequences from something like this. I have a quick story. She and I have somebody that's very close in my life that took a ancestry dot Com test. They did it along with their brother that they lived a lot of their life with, and they found out that their brother was not their brother tho you were not related, and it's led to some family drama, and it's actually led to the brother not speaking to the close person in my life anymore. So it actually destroyed a relationship in a family when they found out they weren't related to each other for through this ancestry dot Com test. So there's a lot of twist and turns that can happen.
Speaker 4: So the brothers don't talk to each other and they don't talk to each other. But see, I don't know why that would change anything, because, yeah, I guess it would be upsetting to know that the person you thought was your brother is not actually your brother, But that doesn't change the relationship that you had with them. So Okay, they're not your brother now they're just your best friend. Or one of your closest friends.
Speaker 1: I think I think that this person is shallow enough to completely change the relationship because you find out that you're not related and then and think about, you know, the conversation then you did and then have with your father, right, You're like, what's going on? How are we not related? I mean it brings up some some sketchy histories at times.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that would be uh, the father would have some splaining to do. We say, like, Okay, why are you telling me this person is my brother.
Speaker 3: When clearly they're not.
Speaker 1: You're not kidding.
Speaker 3: Is there any chance though, that they ever get it wrong?
Speaker 4: I mean, I know DNA is DNA, but is there any chance that maybe you know, Billy Bob at the DNA factory switches somebody's DNA up with another person and gets it confused, and then all of a sudden you created this family drama.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean there's got to be human error and everything that happens. Right, we are shifting closer to a more robotic age, But yeah, there there could be an issue. I'm sure maybe they mix up some of the results. Shannon.
Speaker 4: Imagine you're running people's lives because you got the spit, two balls switched around, and all of a sudden, now you've created family drama in two different families.
Speaker 1: I'm just hoping, like the big responsibility Elon doesn't buy twenty three and meters and then have our DNA or but.
Speaker 3: What would you do with it? That's the other thing, like even if you.
Speaker 4: Had it, Like you know, if you get on the internet. We've had this conversation about just your personal information. If you've ever bought anything on the internet, your personal information is out there.
Speaker 1: Whether you know.
Speaker 3: You can stick.
Speaker 4: Your head in the sand and pretended that it's not, but it is, like if anybody wants your information, it's out there. So I just kind of can see the fact that once you buy something online, you've opened up that can of worms. It's already out there. So okay, do what you want with the information. There's nothing I can do at this point to stop you. I don't like it that you could spread my information around and give it to third party companies, but at this point I've already put my information out there.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like this with DNA, Like I like, what are they going to do with my DNA? They're gonna create little Shannon the dudes running around.
Speaker 1: They're gonna make you a clone.
Speaker 3: Well, how can how can?
Speaker 1: How could like the sheep?
Speaker 3: How could more of me be a bad thing for this world?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, like, you know, if we had a billion of me, maybe the world would be a better place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know about that. There'd be a lot of secret parties going on nobody's invited to, and a.
Speaker 3: Lot of championship belts around with a lot.
Speaker 1: Of bands looking for gigs to play. Eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. If you'd like to join the Shay I join the show today. I'm looking at one of Shannon the Dude's secret groups are Bracket Challenge and Shannon Here. I am tied for second place. You look all the way down the list and find Shannon the Dude all the way in sixth place.
Speaker 3: That's awful, right?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Six out of six?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 1: There only six people?
Speaker 4: I don't know I had the look my bracket's not I haven't. It's so bad, I haven't looked at it.
Speaker 3: I just want to.
Speaker 4: Act like that didn't happen, you know, Like you know, you get a bad bracket when after the first two rounds you just want to disassociate yourself with it and act like that's not even yours, Like I am, you know not, I'm gonna act like these people who had their DNA revealed and act like, you know, you don't have a brother.
Speaker 3: I'm act like I don't have a bracket.
Speaker 1: Now you are tied for last place, and I believe Sarah is up twenty points on your Oh wow, fifty to four thirty.
Speaker 3: There, dude, the shame. That's awful.
Speaker 4: Hey, we still got some I've still got some time. I've still got two out of my final four still alive.
Speaker 1: Saint John's and who is the other one that's out for you?
Speaker 3: I've already forgotten.
Speaker 4: Well, I had Alabama and Auburn in the final four, then they were in my championship game. Again, I haven't even looked at I don't want to look at it. Let's not talk about it, Let's move on to something else.
Speaker 1: Trying to forget it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to forget.
Speaker 4: I've literally have forgotten the other team that I had in the final four at this point.
Speaker 1: That's all right, I understand I would too.
Speaker 3: Oh it was Clemson. It was Clemson, Clemson. Yeah, we lost to McNees in the first round.
Speaker 1: First very first round. Well, hey, the NCAA Tournament's been a lot of fun so far. And how about the stats we got yesterday that it's been the best viewership since nineteen ninety three, and average of nine point four million people have been watching this tournament and Kentucky is the highest rated games in both rounds. In the first round they average three point eight million viewers. In the second round versus Illinois, ten point three million people watched that game on average. Going back to the adage, Kentucky is the needle, Shannon, they are the biggest straw in college basketball. That BBN effect as well. I think all those millions of people watching were on pins and needles, at least if you were in Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, that's good to see that college basketball is still popular. Everybody thought that, oh, NIL and the transferred portal, it's going to ruin everything. By the way I see people saying, it seems to be like a popular take this year that the NIL and transfer portal has killed the idea of a Cinderella team.
Speaker 3: And I think that's absolutely nonsense, Billy.
Speaker 4: I think that it's just the fact that this year's tournament happens to be very chalky. I don't think it's because of NIL or the transfer portal. I mean, let's just look back to last year. Did the transfer portal and NIL exist?
Speaker 3: I believe it. Did. Anybody remember Oakland beating Kentucky?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know, I just think, you know, Matt has said this, and I totally agree.
Speaker 3: The tournament is completely random.
Speaker 4: We could restart this tournament this year right now, and I would almost guarantee you that the We're going to have completely different results.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: The blue Bloods may move on like the top of you know, the Auburns, the Dukes may still move on. But I would say if we restarted the tournament today, we would have different results. We would have other upsets that would happen.
Speaker 1: Well. I mean, was NC State in eleven seed last year when they made the final four with mister Burns who took over America. I mean Miami recently made a run. I think they really used nil to get a team from the portal. You know, I think there is some a little bit of concern that the Western Kentucky's best talented players will move on to a better school after one year. But look, I mean that doesn't make the NCAA tournament like a less interesting draw if one mid major isn't going to be able to make it, right, you actually get teams that have better players, maybe even overall better teams. And like Matt's point yesterday, the Cinderella story still happens with the players, right. I mean, Mark Sears coming over from Ohio has a chance to make his second Final four. I mean, these guys, maybe it just becomes much more individual driven than it does overall team.
Speaker 4: And you make the point about a Western Kentucky player, Let's say, who has a really good year and moves on to another school. Okay, Well, if Western Kentucky was good enough to get a player to begin with who's good enough to move on to a bigger school, who's to say Western Kentucky can't turn around the next year and get that same type of player who's there for a year.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So I just don't buy the idea that nil and transfer portal was killing the NCAA tournament and we don't see cinderellas because of that, because we still do. And here's one thing that's always been consistent. No matter how deep a run a Cinderella team makes, the blue Bloods always win it. At the end of the day, the blue Blood's always win. You Know, we had like Duke and Butler, when Butler was you know, coming out of nowhere and made the championship game that they didn't win the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Duke still won at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, normally, the the better team wins out in this tournament despite all the randomness. You know, we hear coaches like Rick Patina say he's not going to recruit high school players anymore. Well, that leads a void for a team like Western Kentucky to go recruit those high school players. You get a higher caliber of high school player at that point. So there's benefits and you know, negatives.
Speaker 4: And I don't think there's like one way that you have to build a roster in order to win a championship at your school. I mean, I think you can do it with one and done's. I think you can do it with the transfer portal. I think you can do it with the combination of freshman and the transfer portal. So I don't think that there's like one be all end all way that you have to do it in order to win a championship, because we've seen it done multiple ways. We've seen it one and done with Kentucky and Duke. We've seen the year Baylor won it with all transfers.
Speaker 1: So Kentucky earned a Moniker after making the Sweet sixteen, the first team ever to make the Sweet sixteen with zero returning points from a year ago. That might become much more common as we progress through the years, don't you think I think it will?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'll look at like NC State and Will Wade, you know, who's going to go in there and probably build a team, and he's gonna do it with transfers, and he's probably gonna have a really good NC State team next year. Now, let's say that team makes the NCAA tournament, wins two games. All of a sudden, you're in the Sweet sixteen. You just did the same thing that Mark Pope did.
Speaker 1: And that's all you have to do, right to get the attention of so many people. You win one or two games in the tournament, and I think it just completely changes the perception of your program. I mean, I think it really does A five nine two O two two eight seven, Texas at five h two two six five sixty six five six, we'll talk about Will Wade and maybe some of the other new hires in the world of college basketball. There is a bottle of bourbon that sold at the highest price ever for alcohol post prohibition era. I'll give you the price of that Pappy van Winkle that sold at auction, and much more randomness on the way on a hump Day edition of the ksrpre Show. We'll be right back. All right, welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show. Billy and the Dude joining this. We're having some fun. One person says, don't forget twenty three meters does have Drew Franklin's DNA, So who knows what they'll do with that. Like you said, Chane, I don't know what you can do with DNA, but it's the fact that they have my DNA that just makes me uneasy.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is, but I guess they could clone you.
Speaker 1: You know, fifty years from now, they'll they'll have everything of me, right the DNA, every Facebook post I've had since I was raised on the platform, since I was eight years old. Shannon, it is the privacy we give away is a lot.
Speaker 3: What if they could create you know they can do these or what are they called.
Speaker 1: I'm drawing a huh clones.
Speaker 4: Well it's not just a clone, but like you know where they have like concerts with like dead hologram holograms.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I couldn't think of the word.
Speaker 4: What if they had a hologram of Billy r Sports that could continue on years after you're gone and still do a radio show every day.
Speaker 3: I mean that's something that could I mean that.
Speaker 4: Sounds wild right now that with AI and yeah, you can mimic your voice and have a hologram of you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean fifty years from now, is it that far fetch?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: But no is AI going to replace talk radio host Shannon. I know they're coming for a lot of jobs, But don't you feel like we bring something that computers can't?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a good opinion. Here's the great thing about AI, Like it's still not trustworthy. You can jump on AI and it can do a lot of cool things, but it can also.
Speaker 3: Get a lot of things wrong.
Speaker 4: Sure, because I'll just test it out every now and then and I'm like, Nope, that's not true. You can even get on there and ask it questions about yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh have you been doing that?
Speaker 3: I have before?
Speaker 4: I have before, And it's like, oh, you know, Shannon, the dude is this and this, and he's on this station.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, I'm not. You know.
Speaker 4: So it doesn't fully know what it's talking about. That's good, you know, the dummer we keep ai, the better off it is for us.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of somebody that doesn't fully know what they're talking about, can we crap on Dan Dockicch for a second, Shannon, because in her interaction with our guy Corey Price online yesterday was depicable, unbelievable. I can't even repeat what was said on the air, but we know the kinde of person Corey Price is. And for Dan Dockich to attack our guy like that yesterday saying that Corey, you know, Corey likes to share photos of people when something happens. On KSR, he shared a photo of Dan Dakich, a namely nerdy looking photo of dokitch. He thought Corey Price tweeted him a crude common in his dms and just went off on the kid. He did delete the tweet, but never apologized. Told Corey his apology was accepted, but never apologize in the things that you already knew. Dan Dokich is a pos Shannon, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And trying to tag like the University of Kentucky and try to get him into trouble. I mean, come on, dude, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Like? You unbelievable And you know what, I'm glad Big Blue Nations took up for Corey. You saw the best of BBN stick up for one of their own yesterday. Ridiculous That outkit gives that guy a platform nowadays. And look, you're not surprised, right You've heard about Dan Dockicch in the past, but I feel like with that needed to be said about our guy Corey today.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: And it happened right there when we were in the hometown of Dockage in Merrillville, Indiana. But you're right, man, Dan Doggas just seems to want to get into fights with everybody on social media. So I just don't have the time or energy to sit there and argue with people on social media who I don't even know, who have twenty two followers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and unfortunately the Internet has given a platform to despicable people like that. Speaking of tools, Dan Hurley and the SID. Wow talk about drama. I mean the SID threatening to ruin a reporter's life if they do not delete a video.
Speaker 2: Shannon.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I think this happens much more than you think it does.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 1: So yeah, here's the thing that was banned from an athletic department.
Speaker 3: These people are sensitive, Okay.
Speaker 4: So Dan Hurley is saying what he said, Fine, whatever, he's a goober. If you just let that go, Billy, we all live in this twenty four hour news cycle.
Speaker 1: It'll be gone.
Speaker 4: It'll be gone, we'll forget about it. It'll never be talked about probably ever again. But then when you are so I don't know, like conscious about the whole thing, self conscious about it that you have the SID or whoever it was, go after this reporter and threaten them to take it down.
Speaker 3: Now all of a sudden, it's a story again. So now it's research.
Speaker 4: It's back at the top of the twenty four hour news cycle again, and now here we are talking about it and it's got a big magnifying glass on it now because they didn't just let it go, Like I don't think it's that big of a deal. Like what he said, he said it in the heat of the moment, he said, I hope they don't screw you like they screwed us, right, okay, said all of us will go, ah, you're a big whiny baby, and then we'll move on. But then when you go back and go, oh, you better take that down or we're going to you know, ruin your career. Now, all of a sudden, it makes what it was a little story into a much bigger story for no reason.
Speaker 1: Now I don't have the specifics on this, but I would argue that that was probably just the SID doing that on his own and not even Dan Hurley saying go and get that video taken down. In that position, I feel like it's very tough. It's it's it's time consuming, it is and there are some great people that do the position. I mean, I think mainly of Dead More that does it with Kentucky and Susan Lax. But you know, I think there's so many sids throughout the country that want to protect their own and they would go to the lengths of threatening reporters like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, but Dan Hurley, I mean, he doesn't seem to worry about being protected too much. He comes out and openly says ridiculous remarks.
Speaker 1: You know, talk about like the Danae control that they've got to do for having.
Speaker 4: So who says that Dan Hurley even wanted that video taken down? Maybe he did, but we don't know that maybe he didn't. So if you're the SID, what you're doing I think is way worse than what Dan Hurley said. I think what Dan Hurley said, I mean, I think he's a whiner, but I'm fine with what he said.
Speaker 3: It doesn't offend me.
Speaker 4: But when you start you take that and you threaten somebody else, say you're going to ruin their career if they don't take it down, that is way more egregious than what Dan Hurley did.
Speaker 1: And if you want to bet on Dan Hurley not winning another national championship, you can do it on draft That's right.
Speaker 4: Promo code KSR. Bet five dollars, get two hundred bonus bets with DraftKings. That is Promo code KSR, live betting, same game parlays, player props, and so much more.
Speaker 3: Fast and easy payouts.
Speaker 4: That's what you get with the Draft Kings sportsbook app Promo code KSR. The crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem. Call it what eight one hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligiblendary restrictions apply. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming re resources se DKNNG, dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 1: We need to take a break. We'll take some calls in much more nonsense on the way here on the KSI appreciate. Welcome back Billy and the dude. Here. We'll hand it off to KSR. At ten am they are live at rapp Arena for the boys Sweet sixteen KHSAA tournament, where there will be four games today getting started at eleven am. It's a Dare County versus Bowling Green. A little bit later in today at six pm it's south Oldham versus Danville Christian. I'm gonna go to that game, Shannon, so oh are you okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I gotta support the Alma mater, right the Dragons. They win in overtime against north Oldham they make the Sweet sixteen, so I will be there. One person says on the text line five h two two sixty five six six five six does the talk of no more Cinderellas fuel the fire to expand the tournament.
Speaker 3: No no, no.
Speaker 4: No, no again, Like I think if we played again this tournament, you would have more Cinderellas.
Speaker 3: It just so happened to be that this one.
Speaker 4: Everybody's taking this one year and acting like it happens like this every year, like this is the first year since win what was the year twenty seventeen that it's been this chalky and people are acting like the transfer portal and nil just started this year, like we've got other years to base it off of. This is not our only sample, but that's what people are taking it as well. We don't have enough Cinderellas in the Sweet sixteen, so.
Speaker 1: What it's fine. And look, I mean when a Cinderella does win, now look at the opportunities that's presented to the players, Like the Doug Edits and the Jack Goldkiecas are immediately able to get ANIL deals and to improve their post playing career. So look, it's beneficial to the Cinderellas if they can win the game.
Speaker 4: I believe Jack Golkie is still playing, probably because of that run that they.
Speaker 1: Went on at one game Yeah, him on the map, probably enough for a professional team in Lithuanian.
Speaker 3: No, what's Doug Edert doing? Is Doug Edert still playing?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but everybody brings up Jack Goldkey as this NCAA tournament legend. They lost in the next round after Kentucky. It was Doug edit in Saint Peter's that made the Elite eight, right right, I mean that guy is the one I feel like I should get some more love. Speaking of college basketball, before we get to the funds, we'll get to you here in just a second. Tom Izzo had an interesting quote yesterday. The transferportal opened this week. You know, there's gonna be a lot of news about who's Kentucky's looking out, who could be on the roster next year. Tom Izzo's taking a different approach, he said in his press conference yesterday. I'm gonna worry today about the guys I've got in the program, and that's it. If that me later, so.
Speaker 3: Be it interesting strategy. I mean maybe about your roster next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it would have to be hard as a coach when you're in the sweet sixteen trying to focus on your next opponent to have to go through and have meetings with everybody and kind of see, okay, are you planning on staying or going? Maybe they already had those meetings. I think that that would probably be the smartest thing to do. Sit down after the regular season's over, and maybe he's already done this. Maybe that's why he's saying, I'm going to focus on my team, but have an individual meeting with each player and say, hey, where's your head at. What do you think are you going to come back next year or not? You know, get a soft verbal agreement.
Speaker 1: I guess, right, just that can change. But you just want to get on the same page initially, right Like, I'm sure you just want to keep a constant communication with the guys. But it's tough. I mean I feel for Tom a little bit here, and he's the last of a dying breed, right you think of these legendary coaches that have already transitioned out of the game, he is one of very few left doing it.
Speaker 4: While we're talking about Tom's I saw your buddy Tom Crean at the game. Yeah, and he is. You know, we talked about this on KSR. I don't think we mentioned it on the pre show. He just seems like, you know, we've always said to Tom Green's such a nerdy guy, but he seems like kind of a cool guy, like behind the scenes, like he was walking up and down the hallway and he doesn't know me at all, and he's looking over at Ryan and I, Hey, guys, how you doing. You know, like just the most happy, go lucky guy and just very friendly, the type of guy that will.
Speaker 3: Come up and approach you.
Speaker 4: You know, there's some of these coaches who are so pretentious and you know, think they're better than everybody else. It seems, or at least puts off that vibe and maybe aren't is approachable. Tom Crean seems like the most approachable guy ever.
Speaker 1: No, he is. And that's how it started with me. I incorrectly reported something about him in the Western Kentucky job. He reached out to me to say that that was false, to you know, explain things a little bit. We struck up a conversation. Now he's become a multiple KASR pre show coast.
Speaker 4: So I just want to say, maybe we were wrong about Tom Crean all along. I still think it's a little weird that he kissed his son and on the lips all right, But other than that, I think Tom Crean's kind of a cool guy.
Speaker 1: Oh look, Tom Brady did the same thing, so you know, elite winners in their sports use weird things sometimes. And looking forward to having Tom Crean on, You've got a vacation coming up. Despite all these great travel trips you get to go on, you've still got vacation days to take and and I think we're gonna have Tom back on one of those days. So looking forward didn't having Crean back on. Let's go to the phones though, eight five nine two two eight seven. Who is up first?
Speaker 3: Dude, Let's go to Joy.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joy, Hey Joy, Hey guys. Just two quick things. I live in Jefferson County, and I'm with Shannon on this. There are no stop signs. They get treated as yields, and the yield signs, if you're not half are up on that person. They're going first me, first generation. Yep.
Speaker 4: They take the stop sign as a suggestion, like you know, maybe I won't.
Speaker 5: Yes. My second thing is I am passionate about a doe THEO he needs to get in the portal coach. Pope needs to contact him. That guy was a living, breathing Wildcat his entire life. He never wanted to play anywhere else. And I think Cal maybe convinced him, Hey dude, there's no roster. What are you going to be doing? And I just I just think it may have been somewhat attached to nil money. Well, now we have that. I think thero as a senior deserves to play for a different coach. See what somebody besides Cal And I don't know who's coaching in Arkansas this year. I won't take it all the way from Cal. But you know, they gave him a new jacket for something.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I mean, first of all would come down to, is a dude wanting to come back to Kentucky.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, he chose to go with Cali Perry. Cal left, Yeah, I mean he chose to leave, so, you know.
Speaker 1: Right from but then he joined Callighan in Arkansas. It is an interesting situation.
Speaker 4: Yeahs finally, yeah, go ahead, Well this is this is my final thing.
Speaker 5: Kentucky is gonna beat Tennessee.
Speaker 4: I love it all right, joy thank you, thank you, thank you so much. Kentucky's gonna beat Tennessee because Joyce said so. And that's the bottom linea, do you need a better reason? No, Joyce says they're gonna win.
Speaker 3: They're gonna win.
Speaker 1: I would love to see a do theater at THEO back in the Blue and White. John cala Perry said that he will be available to play in Arkansas game versus Texas Tech. Will only play about twelve to fifteen minutes, but he is available. I'm glad he's having succession and I am. I don't know why I liked him as much as maybe joy did, but I did.
Speaker 4: You know, we want these players to think that, you know, they love being at Kentucky, and sometimes it comes down to when a coach leaves like cali Perry, did you come to Kentucky because it's Kentucky or did you come to Kentucky because it's John Calipery?
Speaker 1: Right, And you know John cali Perry used just moving down.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 4: You know, we would love to think that they're all here because of Kentucky and they love the state as much as we do. But sometimes this that's just not the reality.
Speaker 1: Let's take another call. Who's next, dude?
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 2: Good morning, John, Well, good morning, how are you today? All right? This is John from Greenville, just one one the couple things here. For one thing, the stop signs, I always thought they just meant slowly turned onto pavement.
Speaker 3: Well that's what a lot of people apparently think.
Speaker 4: If you've seen some driving around the Lowell area, they're the worst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's even that way in these small towns too. It's nothing new anywhere. One another thing is if we do get a hologram of Billy, who knows who would he meant to work at one hour day that he does?
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could just sign off and you know, get a flat payment, but to be able to use Billy's hologram.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: But the main reason I called I didn't know how proper you was. Shannon, my wife last night, sitting getting ready to supper, said, how big is Shannon the dude? She is an avid workout with Body here at home. She does it about six workouts a week. And we saw where you have teamed up with them and are promoting Body, and we saw your psychology. Yeah, posts, so we know how serious you are. And then really you need to get with the need to get with Shannon. Yeah, he can take your place.
Speaker 3: It'd be my tag team. Partner.
Speaker 4: Me and Billy are gonna get swow. But yeah, John, that's what we call man. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean the affiliation thing with body has been great for me because I mean, I'm look, here's the thing, like, I've always been relatively healthy, but when you get into your forties, you can't eat the way that you did when you're in your thirties and twenties. You're gonna find this out one day when you get old enough.
Speaker 1: Billy, not me.
Speaker 3: Your metabolism is still going well.
Speaker 4: But I just, you know, decided to commit to trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I've only been doing it for like twelve weeks. So it's not like I don't eat badly.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: I did on that trip, But you know, it's just like a thing where I'm just trying to get focused on my health a little bit more and kind of posting my journey.
Speaker 3: You can follow along on my social media.
Speaker 1: Well look, man, I imagine if I was backstage at OVW as scrawny as you are, and that's all those big wrestlers, I would feel self conscious too.
Speaker 4: And now it's not a self conscious thing. It's just I want to be healthy thing. But you know, if I bulk up a little bit and you know, get bigger than some of the wrestlers backstage, that's that's a good thing too.
Speaker 3: It's not because of that though.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. Okay, all right, well, I'm glad you made that that clear. I do want to talk about Kentucky Tennessee for a second. They are in the Sweet sixteen and we'll play on Friday in Indianapolis, Shannon, I want to go through the two games that Kentucky and Tennessee have already played and maybe some similarities between the two. Okay, all right, let's go back to the game in Knoxville on January twenty eighth. Kentucky wins seventy eight to seventy three. Lamont Butler doesn't play the entire game, and Andrew Carr only plays two minutes. Remember he has that back injury. He goes and tries to test it out, has to go to the sideline and can barely sit down. Jackson Robinson scored seventeen points, hitting four to three pointers. Ansley Albanor had four to three pointers as well for twelve points. Kentucky was twelve of twenty four from three while Tennessee was eleven of forty five. Kentucky not only shoots fifty percent from three, but also from the field twenty five of fifty and they win by five in Knoxville. Once again, that was a good win.
Speaker 3: That was a great win.
Speaker 4: And you know those first two stats you gave me, I'm going, okay, if you just gave me those first two stats, only say those two again.
Speaker 1: Is it Butler out and car two minutes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say there's no way Kentucky wins that game, especially on the road.
Speaker 3: They get blown out.
Speaker 4: But then you throw in the fact that Kentucky held Tennessee to eleven.
Speaker 3: Of forty five. That's how they won the game right there.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't know that that's going to happen again in this game coming up on Friday night. I would not expect Tennessee to shoot that many, but I think Kentucky got up on them and maybe Tennessee started filling the pressure trying to come back.
Speaker 3: How do you do that?
Speaker 4: You just, you know, knock down a bunch of threes, and none of them were following that night. So I just don't think that Tennessee's gonna take that same approach in this third game.
Speaker 1: So Kentucky wins in Knoxville. They go to lose against Arkansas rep Areena the very next game, but then Kentucky goes back and plays Tennessee again on February eleventh. They win seventy five to sixty four. Jackson Robinson does not play in the game, but Ansley Albanor hits another some more three pointers. He scores thirteen points. Kentucky goes twelve of twenty four from three to once again twelve of twenty four in both games versus Tennessee, but Tennessee goes only three of eighteen from three. In that game, Trent Noah comes off the bench and scores eleven. Travis Perry comes off the bench, scores eight, and Kentucky wins seventy five to sixty four in rep Arena.
Speaker 4: So you add up those three point shooting numbers. Let's say, see, yeah, that's fourteen of sixty two?
Speaker 3: Am I right? Is my math? Right?
Speaker 1: Uh? Sixty three?
Speaker 3: Okay, fourteen of sixty three.
Speaker 1: Fourteen of sixty three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is so wow.
Speaker 4: If I'm Kentucky, that's the number I'm looking at right there. Let's lock down on their three point shooters. Let's make them continue to shoot a bad percentage as they have in the first two games.
Speaker 3: You do that, you're gonna win this game.
Speaker 1: But they can't shoot that bad again.
Speaker 3: Oh right, Like, well, who said why do you say that?
Speaker 1: I just I mean, it can't be that bad again.
Speaker 3: Like happened twice, Why can't happen a third time?
Speaker 1: I mean maybe? I mean Zekai Ziegler just has not played well versus Kentucky, and maybe it's a it's an actual thing. He just tries too hard when he plays the Cats.
Speaker 3: I think they've just done it.
Speaker 4: Kentucky has done a great job defensively on Lanier and Ziggler, and I think that's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, well, you know, Kentucky's gonna eat their weed to Bix. Then I don't. I don't know if Tennessee has a change.
Speaker 4: I am hearing some really loud singing and I don't know where it's coming from, like.
Speaker 1: The I think it's in the building. Who could be singing right now? Maybe Tony Vannetti as he gets ready to start, or no, he's he's he should be on the air.
Speaker 3: I think we've got a live perform Is there somebody performing. I can hear them on the air. Tell them be quiet, Paul, do you.
Speaker 1: Know what do you remember the Walmart yodeler kid came our building? Yeah, oh that was great.
Speaker 3: What was his name something Ramsey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you're right, that's his last name. What is his name?
Speaker 4: Well, I throw me off when I heard somebody singing, because you know, like at our old studio, which was much bigger, we used to have like an auditorium where they would have uh, you know, artist Mason Ramsey. Yeah, we would have like every week somebody would be coming in and doing live performances. But I think this is the first for this building. And then sound carry is really well, so much that I can hear it from the other side of the small building that I'm in through my headphones right now.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of celebs and musicians to come through the old iHeart building during the days, but I never felt like I was brushing shoulders with celebrities. When Mason Ramsey came in and started doing that yodeling. I mean that was right when the Walmart video had came out. Like he was touring. He had a big tour bus. He brought in.
Speaker 4: Trying to think like the coolest celebrities that I've seen, Like in the station studio, we had Cheryl Crow come in one time.
Speaker 3: That was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: That is, we had we had Stiffler's mom, who's now like she's everywhere. She's on White Lotus, She's on like all these Discover Card commercials and like she's had a resurgence in her career.
Speaker 1: What was she doing there? Was she just promoted?
Speaker 4: I have no idea, I can't remember, but she was, she was there. I remember the Turtle Man.
Speaker 1: I remember the turtleman. Yes, I remember the.
Speaker 3: Turtle He was there one time.
Speaker 4: Didn't he get like did they just stop and show because they were saying like he was planting turtles and bonds and then going in and getting them. Yeah, oh imagine that reality TV being fake? Whoever saw that coming?
Speaker 1: And he's still like actively caught the animal. I think it was just like they released the animal on there, this person's property, and then it was like, I got a turtle problem. I'm going to need the turtle point.
Speaker 4: Being like we used to have just random celebrities sometimes just wandering through the halls and now we don't have it at all. But now I'm let's take a break and I'll go find out.
Speaker 3: Who it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go see he was performing. We'll be right back A five nine two two eight seven. It is the ks apprecia.
Speaker 3: Do you know who this is?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: But is that who's performing at the Ihear studios?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, do you do? You know the name Preston Cooper?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, well you do?
Speaker 4: Now he was apparently just I don't even know where they would put the performers because like you walk into this building, there's really like nowhere to perform. You have to set up right right in the middle of the cells pit.
Speaker 1: That's my question. There really isn't I mean, is he in the news room?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right in, Yeah he is.
Speaker 4: I poked my head around the corner and he was sitting there with his guitar.
Speaker 1: He's just going acoustic, yeah middle. Okay, Well good, I mean, at least there's people in the office for you to have musicians around. If it's not officered On and me. In the Lexington studios, there's nobody there.
Speaker 3: Well, there's not a whole lot of people.
Speaker 4: I mean, basically, he performed in front of a crowd of about seven.
Speaker 3: But you know, you gotta get him wanted at a time.
Speaker 1: I guess right, serenading Paul Miles in the newsroom. I'm sure that's very nice. What did you say?
Speaker 3: His name was a good Preston Cooper.
Speaker 1: Preston Cooper. Okay, I'll have to check him out, Shannon. Before we go, I did want to mention there is a one of one bottle of Pappy van Winkle that sold at an auction over the weekend. I want you to guess how much you think this bottle of alcohol sold for. I'll preface it with this. It is the most expensive bottle of alcohol post prohibition. So what do you think?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I'm so bad at this. I'll probably be way off and run your game for you.
Speaker 1: Makes it better when you're a way off.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to say I have no idea. I don't buy and collect bourbon. If I buy it, I'm drinking it.
Speaker 1: What would you pay for one bottle Pappy van Winkle? Not Poppies, but Pappy?
Speaker 3: About thirty six bucks?
Speaker 4: Because to me, Pappy van Winkle is not that much better than a four roses bottle.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Some of you may be like that's blasphemy, but in a blind taste test, give me four roses and a blind test. Taste test. Yeah, I would say one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: They expected it to go for fifty thousand, but there was a bidding war. Shit, it went for one hundred and twenty five thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars, not too far off.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: The bottle is one twenty five point six proof. It's the second highest proof in the brand's history. But at this charity event it went for one hundred and twenty five k. So you even drink that?
Speaker 3: No? I mean yes, I mean I don't know what you do with it.
Speaker 1: What do you do with the bottle of one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars alcohol? Like you just sit there and look at it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna like parade it around town and just show everybody look at me. I've got one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars bottle. Everybody can say, well, you're.
Speaker 1: A big idiot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a big idiot for spending that much on bourbon that you're gonna put on a shelf. So it's just somebody with way more money than you and I have.
Speaker 1: It has to be somebody with a collection, right, They want to make it more of it. But you can collect money on.
Speaker 4: DraftKings That's right promo code KSR. New customers bet five dollars, get two hundred in bonus bets.
Speaker 3: That's the deal they've got going.
Speaker 4: On still with Draft Kings sportsbook, where you can do live betting, same game parlays, player props, and so much more at Draft Kings The Crown of Shorts gamily problem call oning E one hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only multipleate yourstrictions, supply and new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms when responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 1: Would you like to have that type of money to be able to buy one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: Even if I had that type of money, I wouldn't be buying bourbon with it.
Speaker 1: Or like baseball cards signed by babe us.
Speaker 4: Even if I had more money than I knew what to do with. I mean, I take the one hundred thousand dollars and buy me a nice car.
Speaker 1: Listen, I got weed to bix money. I ain't got money for pappies. Or anything else. All Right, that's gonna do it for us ASR Live from the boys Sweet sixteen at Roparina, For Shannon the Dude, I'm Billy Rutlegs. This has been the KSR pre Show.