Speaker 1: A happy Labor Day weekend. It's working Jeffrey in the morning like we do every Saturday. We got a double dose for you on this Second Date podcast. Yeah, two classics back to back that we hope you enjoy, you know, put on while you're driving or stuck in traffic, doing some housework, just.
Speaker 2: In bed not moving. That's a game I like to play.
Speaker 1: Is that how you like your three weekend times?
Speaker 3: It's like, how can I move?
Speaker 4: I hate?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: What do you see in the comments of like sis? Yeah, Benji Wolf said I hate this show. I will never listen again until tomorrow. That's the attitude we like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, standard, that's right.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get this hated double classics Second Date started for you right now.
Speaker 2: We're so jaded that when we hear one of our listeners say they had an extremely intense moment on a date, we immediately think, oh god, it's got to be bad. Yeah. Absolutely, somebody fought a waiter, it started a fire, aliens abducted them. But no, the woman will the phone assured us it wasn't intense bad. It was intense good, so good that it actually left her feeling like she may have met her forever person.
Speaker 1: Who on this show.
Speaker 2: That is intense. You're gonna hear all about the moment in your second date update coming up, next second date update. What's worse than getting ghosted? Should we have a term for that?
Speaker 1: Get him deceased?
Speaker 2: Good, cryptid, cryptid, black holed.
Speaker 1: I bet these are all terms already that we probably shouldn't google.
Speaker 2: Maybe whatever you call it. That's what our listener, Nicole says, happened to her because not only did her date block her, he's removed his entire dating profile from the apps. So Nicole got black holed bad.
Speaker 1: I think she just got blocked.
Speaker 2: Actually, it really doesn't sound right now that I say it out loud, but Nicole, either way, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you, oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean you are very perky for someone who is devastated.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Why on earth would you want to get a hold of someone that's blocked you?
Speaker 5: If I did anything wrong, I want to know about it.
Speaker 2: Interesting, So let's start at the beginning. Tell us about this guy that you met.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I met Elijah on a dating app, and Elijah on his dating profile it was very clear it literally said here to find my wife with intentionality and.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, so he's not here to just have fun and see what happens.
Speaker 5: He's like, right, he might be married.
Speaker 1: I thought Alexis was going to break out in hives you just reading that description of something else.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of women would be turned off by something that strong. But that was appealing to you, Nicole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking.
Speaker 5: For something serious. I want to build a future with someone. So I found it really refreshing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean.
Speaker 3: People are so vague.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of pressure going into a first date like that.
Speaker 2: You know, so you went to Vegas to get hitched for your days fun.
Speaker 5: I mean I would be really pissed if we got married on a first date and then never heard from him again.
Speaker 2: It would Yeah, what did you guys do?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: So we got together and we did something a little different that was really really fun. Like, neither of us have pets, but we both are animal lovers.
Speaker 6: Okay, So we went to a local.
Speaker 5: Dogs parts and we just chat and we chatted and we watched dogs and.
Speaker 2: Did you bring your dog?
Speaker 1: She doesn't have one.
Speaker 2: You don't have a dog, That's what I was going to ask you.
Speaker 3: I have never done that. Can you just show up to a dog.
Speaker 1: Bark just a normal park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never even thought to do that.
Speaker 1: I don't do the bar where people bring their dog.
Speaker 2: Like you're banned from most public space.
Speaker 3: But that's not because of the dogs. Okay, the women.
Speaker 1: Still, this is really cute because it does sound like a date that a couple who's been married for twenty years would Yeah, instead.
Speaker 2: Of people watching your dog watching, how was it?
Speaker 6: It was really fun?
Speaker 5: It was great, Like it was so true. And then afterwards we drove around the city and he found this like really cute area and we pulled over and he kind of like pointed out some things to me that I hadn't known, and we ended up making out in his truck.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: What was also interesting, which I actually really liked, is like he stopped halfway through like the makeout session, and he just like put his hands around my face in a way that was really sweet, and he said, look, I just want you to know that I'm looking for my wife and I don't want this to be a one night thing.
Speaker 1: WHOA you could not laugh with some subscribe such a tender moment.
Speaker 2: No, you get so comfortable you have such a hard.
Speaker 1: Time with emotion.
Speaker 2: I just laughing at something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two hands.
Speaker 2: No, that that was very sweet. I thought that was very a nice moment to stop and make out both.
Speaker 3: Hands, grab both cheeks, bring maybe your wife part?
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean it was nice.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh my god, maybe this is my future husband day.
Speaker 3: That moment was special.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Maybe you guys are perfect for each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Everybody's in different spaces of dating. If she is ready for this, if this is what you want, Nicoll, then we got your back on it.
Speaker 1: How messed up did you do that? You say that to someone and then you block her?
Speaker 2: What happened after that? Did something left?
Speaker 5: He gave me this romantic kiss again, and he was like, look, I'm looking for my forever and I hope it's you.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought that the whole time it was you, And that was the face grab and the stuff.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're much like I really hope you you.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It sounds like he's now a host of a reality shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't find out when we come back from the break and spend the giant wheel Giant.
Speaker 3: I really hope it too.
Speaker 6: It does sound like that.
Speaker 7: Not again?
Speaker 2: So okay, how long ago.
Speaker 7: Was that date?
Speaker 5: This was about a week and a half ago, And like, I went home after my yoga craft and I said specifically, like oh, I want to see what he's up to, but I don't want to message him. Let me go look on his profile. And I went on the app and I was like, what the hell, like, why are we no longer match? Where are all our messages? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Gone, is it in your mind that maybe somebody else has stepped in? And like he found I mean because people are dating on like lots of people on these apps all the time. Maybe he found somebody else.
Speaker 1: Sounds like me if someone proposed to him, he'd say yes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I said I love you to a lot of people that I didn't it too, So well that's just me, I'm sure, yeah, I think And.
Speaker 1: Jeff laughed at himself through the whole thing, very uncomfortable with big emotions.
Speaker 2: Let's figure out where Elijah's head is at why he took down his dating profile, And.
Speaker 1: It totally makes sense why you would want answers here.
Speaker 5: I looked up Instagram and I would block there, like I literally can't see anything that's not good.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, all right, it's a bad side.
Speaker 2: I hope we don't block you at the end of this either. We'll find out when we come back. Get some answers and your second date update. Right after this second date update, Vegas has set the odds at nine to one that this call ends in a marriage proposal.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm really bad with thoughts.
Speaker 2: I'm honest.
Speaker 1: Good, No, you ever know?
Speaker 3: Should be well?
Speaker 2: I don't really know.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's probably.
Speaker 1: You know what, Jeff, I'm not gonna bet anymore.
Speaker 2: The fact that even Vegas is in on this should be kind of shocking, because Nicole has asked us to call a guy named Elijah, who repeatedly told her that he is not dating casually.
Speaker 1: He says it a lot. He says it on his dating profile, he says it in real life.
Speaker 2: Very intentionally searching for his wife, and even stopped mid makeout to grab her face and remind her this French thing isn't for fun. It is a wife hunt. I'm setting atone with this tomb so afterwards. The weird part.
Speaker 1: Is that I.
Speaker 2: Afterwards he blocked in Nicole and deleted his entire dating profile.
Speaker 1: Divorce and for Nicole. It's like, I'm guessing Nicole, maybe I'm wrong. This is like the most romantic thing that's probably ever happened on a first day, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I felt like a real connection. I thought to myself, Oh my gosh, like this guy knows what he wants, and like I was so hopeful, and then all of a sudden, it's like, how can I not take this personally? Like, not only did he delete the profile block me on all socials, I don't even know if he's going to answer your number.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, this is one of those dudes that actions speak louder than words. They'll tell you everything you want to hear, and then they won't follow through and do it.
Speaker 1: I still feel like that, I hope it's you. Line is just not sitting right with me. Yeah, Like it feels almost like there's a job opening and he's trying to still a position, Like he's not connecting with you, he's just trying to make this next step. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm reading too much of it into.
Speaker 2: Maybe he found one of those Russian bride websites and he realized how easy it is to do that. So I hope that's not the answer, but she loves me her to say, let's call see if he picks up, and hopefully he has some explanation. Here, I'm downing his number right now. Let's do it.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey is this Elijah. Yeah, this is a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we are a hoot and a half.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you never say that again.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: It's like just when we get popular.
Speaker 2: This is what's boosting the ratings. Elija, you still there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're doing better until jeff started talking.
Speaker 1: But we're here.
Speaker 2: We're calling with a purpose. It's a segment that we're doing called Second Date Update. That's where listeners can come on our show and we try and help them reconnect with a person they went on a date with that they had a really nice time with. Darn it all.
Speaker 1: Right, dude, I am so interested in hearing.
Speaker 2: Story because we heard that you went out with a woman named Nicole about a week ago.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, yeah, I mean it sounds like a really good date that you two had. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean it was cool.
Speaker 2: It was cool, Okay, positive, it is positive.
Speaker 1: I just didn't you don't seem like a casual guy. From what she explained, was.
Speaker 3: Intense than I assumed.
Speaker 2: She definitely intense is a good word because she said that you were putting it out there a lot, that you were only dating to find a wife for love.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He said, you.
Speaker 10: Guys, love is a wife dating.
Speaker 2: So we heard about that you're looking for a wife.
Speaker 7: I mean, not anymore, no way, I found.
Speaker 2: Wait, does that means there's another person?
Speaker 7: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 9: After the date, I went to a clairvoyant, and uh I got new is that my wife isn't even in this realm?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Okay? You want to hang.
Speaker 6: Hold on?
Speaker 1: I just dropped my pick because I just can't.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on.
Speaker 2: The psychic said, your wife is not in this realm? Right, it makes a lot of sense to me. I get what you're saying, but maybe explain for everybody else.
Speaker 9: Honestly, I believe that I've married other people in my past live. It's constantly the same person, maybe in a slightly different form.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this same person, your soulmate that's been with you across all your lives, She's not.
Speaker 1: That's who you're looking for.
Speaker 2: She's not here.
Speaker 9: Nah, Why how.
Speaker 10: Do you know, brother, Like, how do you know that the girl you went on a day with isn't told him?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 7: But yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: Looking for is she say it's me? Hi, honey, like.
Speaker 1: I'm from the seventeen that kind of the part of the past live saying that you don't actually remember the explain it to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 9: My clare voyant said that I found my soulmate in every single dimension, but not this one.
Speaker 2: She doesn't exist in this one. No, that she's not here here in this.
Speaker 1: Okay, it doesn't matter where she has I think this could be good news.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, because we have a real life woman who feels like she had a strong connection with you, and it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you're freed up in this realm, you know, like you're single and kind of permanently in the.
Speaker 2: Nicole we're talking about Nicole. Obviously, Nicole felt that connection with you.
Speaker 7: Okay, what do you mean that's a good thing?
Speaker 1: You told her again and again, I'm looking for my wife. I hope it's you.
Speaker 7: Is this a sign?
Speaker 1: Is a sign?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 2: Look, Nicole felt like you guys had a deep, deep connection, and now you actually have a phone connection to her too, because she's on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: What I.
Speaker 2: That's Nicole.
Speaker 9: I know she's on the phone, but my wife's dead.
Speaker 1: Oh no, past life.
Speaker 2: I thought she wasn't in this realm, right, correct?
Speaker 7: She never made it here?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, wait what Yeah?
Speaker 1: Exactly Nicole? So why did you We never even got to why you blocked Nicole?
Speaker 2: This is why because she's not his wife. Nobody's going to be his wife though, Are we understanding that right? If you're not looking for your wife since she's not in the realm, then then you're not interested in dating at all.
Speaker 9: I guess somethings are better off unexplained.
Speaker 7: I don't have all the answer.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you're right, this is definitely unexplainable.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the explanation makes sense. He was searching for his wife the whole time, but not just anybody, a specific woman from another dimension. And you're not.
Speaker 5: Think this clairvoyant is really messing with you, Like I feel like she is trying to kind of be the only person who can like access supposedly what your quote unquote truth is. And wow, I might not be your celestial being from a different realm, but I think you're going to miss out on some really great girls in this realm if you don't give us a real shot.
Speaker 1: That was good, That was so well spoken.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that, Elijah?
Speaker 9: All I heard was that she was talking about my clairvoyant.
Speaker 1: Who is this man?
Speaker 5: Your clearvoyant? Can meet me outside?
Speaker 2: Wow, let's put the wife and the clairvoyant stuff aside. What can we What about just having fun with Nicole, going out on another date and enjoying this life.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've got a woman that has heard all of this and still wants to hang out with you.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess I do something wrong specifically for you to block me.
Speaker 2: You weren't my wife.
Speaker 9: I don't know how many times I told you that.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe I was.
Speaker 5: Maybe the clairvoyant is wrong. I mean, I'm just saying I don't like being rejected, and I also have to say that, like, I think it's just really shortsighted. We had a great time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I know that my wife didn't talk that much in another lifetime.
Speaker 1: Clear my goshee is purposely avoiding him now, dude, Yeah, the wife wasn't born into this century.
Speaker 5: Maybe my point in this lifetime to tell you to be more accepting of your feature rife than another realm.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I know Nicole still is fighting for this, So Elijah, I think she's just fighting. I get that you have doubts about Nicole. What if you and Nicole went to your clairvoyant together and we would pay for the uber ride?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, can we have a fight, Nicole?
Speaker 2: Give it a chance?
Speaker 1: Would Nicole even do that?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I'm just confused and curious as to what the clairvoyant would tell me about my path.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't want to know it's going to lead you down at dark Trail.
Speaker 2: I want this to happen. So that's a yes from Nicole. Elijah. It's up to you.
Speaker 9: My clairevoyant is in chief, so if she pays, then I'm cool with it.
Speaker 2: All right, Nicole, I'm sure you're down for that.
Speaker 5: I mean, hey, it's on the radio. We can even come back and tell you guys, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know about want to know?
Speaker 2: Do we want to know?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 2: That's going to be a no?
Speaker 1: From all.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it's a yes, Eliza and Nicole. You guys are going out together in this realm.
Speaker 1: I can't wait till we do a second date update from the next realm.
Speaker 3: It's going to be expensive phone bill.
Speaker 8: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Is that literally the only second date update where we actually got a yes but then said we don't need an update, We're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is not remember Ever, I am still baffled by that entire conversation. I don't know what was real, who believed what if they were being sincere?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm sorry, girls asked for a commitment.
Speaker 10: This guy's committed over what hundreds of years?
Speaker 6: Valid?
Speaker 1: Point valid? But maybe you were his wife. It'll pass life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm waiting for you, honey.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do think maybe the missing piece in all of this is is it possible Elijah had been smoking something when we called him?
Speaker 10: You know, he sounded like that's his vibe, like he didn't sound like a big mysterious person.
Speaker 2: He was trying to reach the other dimension true different means find his wife. Yeah, trying to find his wife that way, I.
Speaker 3: Don't see.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: I think Alexis was on to something where he actually probably did have a wife and she just chose not to come back like that. That's not worth coming back. Again.
Speaker 2: You know, I call it four hundredth marriage. Yeah, it's enough for me. The text in seven eight, five nine two. And make sure you follow us wherever you get your podcast, if it's on Spotify, Apple, wherever at Brook and.
Speaker 8: Jeffrey brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Feels like every single date ever always includes the same old question, where.
Speaker 3: Did you grow up?
Speaker 2: What are your hobbies?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many pieces of canalope can you fit in your mouth? At the same time, that's actually a great quy. My record's in nineteen dang, yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it slice?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know what to know. I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: I'll show you later. We challenge each.
Speaker 1: Other's mellow balls, isn't it.
Speaker 2: But while those might seem like pretty tame, normal conversation starters, one of our listeners says she divulged a little too much when she was asked about her career aspirations, and while her answer was one hundred percent true, he's one hundred percent not calling her back anymore, and you're gonna hear why in your second date update. Right after this second date update, we got an email from one of our listeners named Fran who said she dates a lot, probably more than the average person. According to her, was.
Speaker 1: That a brag.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's a brag. If you're having to go out with lots and lots and lots of people.
Speaker 3: It's like the office problem with it alone.
Speaker 2: But she says after thirty five dates over the last six months, she thinks she finally found a guy who doesn't totally repulse her. It's good.
Speaker 1: Her bar's very high.
Speaker 2: Well, and now he's not calling her back right now. The repuls becomes the repulsey, and she's on the phone right now. Fran I love you, You disgust me. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey, how are you guys?
Speaker 3: Friend?
Speaker 1: God, I feel like your proof that when people say you just got to put yourself out there, that it doesn't actually always work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you put yourself out there last for years and years and years. Tell us about the guy that you recently met.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I met this guy through the way we always hate meeting people online dating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: His name is Tommy. Okay, Okay, she was so handsome, and you know, you see a ton of people online that are attractive and you kind of don't think anything of it. But I look through photos, and he had this one photo of him with two cats that were his cat. It was really sweet because guys always posting photos with like dogs or like when they're fishing and all this other stuff, and it was really sweet to see something that wasn't that.
Speaker 2: He posted a totally different animal. This guy's a keeper, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cat guy, it just screams. He's sensitive, he's in tune. He's not like there's no toxic masculinity stuff happening there.
Speaker 2: Like if it was a tiger cat, that would be a red yeah yeah, housecat, that's flax.
Speaker 6: So you know, we had some really cute banter back and forth, and finally he kind of dropped the tint like, oh, you know, I make he's really amazing homemade enchiladas. I know, I know. And he was just like, you know, how would you feel if I made dinner for you and he came over and.
Speaker 1: Did it feel too good to be true? Already? He's hot, he's got cats, he cooks for you.
Speaker 6: Honestly kind of, but you know, you also have that thing where you're like, well maybe twenty seven or eighty times a charm whatever where we're at now? So you're like, we'll see.
Speaker 1: I like your eternal optimism on you know, like to go out on that many dates and keep trying.
Speaker 6: You kind of have to be because I think if you get too jaded, and that's not attractive to people either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's probably where I'm at.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing you rs vp'd yes to the enchilada date.
Speaker 6: I did, so, you know, I went over there, really cute place, clean, another plus, so he makes these enchiladas and I'm watching him cook. There's something so sexy about watching a man cook. And when he knows his way around the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I really like it when they throw a towel like over the side of their shoulder. That's like a thing for me.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, and the big chef.
Speaker 5: Hats no, but I will take an apron now.
Speaker 1: Is good? It's not good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll get rid of you don't need.
Speaker 3: A hair net, fike mustache.
Speaker 2: Chef style. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: What was the vibe? Like the conversation?
Speaker 6: So it was good, Like our banter online was pretty much the same in person, which is always nice. You know, it wasn't awkward and we're chatting back and forth, and of course inevitably It always comes to the same question, which is, you know, what do you do for a living? And the thing is I work in insurance. That is not a sexy thing to talk about. It's boring.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about insurance? It's hot. I can show you a twenty page document you have to sign on.
Speaker 1: The bottom, all in nine fonts. So you told them insurance.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, if I'm feeling it out and the vibe is good, I'll usually be pretty honest and be like, my day job is insurance, but I'm also an author and I'm working on a book right now.
Speaker 1: Oh right, And that's true, right, it is true.
Speaker 6: Yes, But the problem is they always say, well, what are you working on now? And I am really honest about it, and this is true. I'm working on a collection of all of the worst states that I've been on.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, Yeah, it's a slightly relatable. I have a lot of comedian friends, and it's hard to date because girls immediately go, oh, I don't want to end up in one of your jokes on stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to be like, I don't want to end up in one of your books, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then don't mess it up.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a lot of pressure, brock, It's easy to mess up.
Speaker 2: Is that the vibe of what happened with Tommy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really kind of derailed. And you know, we finished dinner. Dinner was great still. But this is the thing I usually will do too. It's like, I don't want to put too much pressure on somebody, especially if you're like invited to their home or whatever. So I made plans already to go and meet up with my friends after we had dinner in a bar and so and I told him that I said, you're more than welcome to come, hoping that he would.
Speaker 1: But you're more than welcome to come isn't always a full invite. It feels like a pity invite.
Speaker 10: I feel like, you know, I would like to be invited like that, you know, Like for me, it's like it is, I don't feel pressured where it's like.
Speaker 3: Shooting out if I say no, I'm rejecting her.
Speaker 1: It's interesting.
Speaker 10: It's kind of like, oh, you know what, I don't think this time, maybe next time.
Speaker 1: What did he say?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: He said now, yeah, And it was really weird and like we had this really awkward hug goodbye. And I really liked him a lot, and I really just want some clarity, because I feel like this is the thing that you can't be mad at somebody for working on something well before you ever met well and.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have anything to do with him.
Speaker 2: I mean, what was his reaction, because you seem to think that this was the main part of the night where things started to go downhill, Like, tell us more about how Tommy reacted when you told him about the book.
Speaker 6: I got a vibe from him that he just started to like internalize and be like, oh, well, is that why she's on a date with me? Is she really interested in me? Or is this research?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: Well, you should tell him your past, the research stage that was months ago. You're well into the second edit of this thing.
Speaker 10: When he rejected you, you should have just pulled out a notebook and been like.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: As for chapter four, well we'll see once and for all if he does end up in your book. In the book, I don't want to be in that book. Why do you want to be It's the worst experiences, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm probably already in her book.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Actually, we'll come back and we're gonna call Tommy and see if we can get you another date with him. When we do your second ate update, Next second date update. Top three worst things you could say to a guy on a first date. I'm not who I said I was. Yeah, your dad was better. Oh I'm a New York Jets fan.
Speaker 3: Oh booike. You just love mediocrity.
Speaker 1: It doesn't exist, Like they don't really exist.
Speaker 2: They're too embarrassed to admit it. But also not a great idea to tell a guy. I'm currently writing a book about the worst dudes I've ever gone out.
Speaker 3: It's pretty dang bad.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 1: Is it bad though? I mean, it's your first date with her, you think so?
Speaker 2: Its off of the guys. In securities are many. And that's exactly what Franz said when she was out with Tommy the other night, while he was making her in chiladas. That moment kind of derailed their entire night.
Speaker 1: But he was a guy that had cats in the photo of his dating profile. He shouldn't have had insecurities. What you know, she understands what I'm saying, right, Did that make sense to you, fran I.
Speaker 6: Mean, yeah, I thought he was more in touch with that.
Speaker 1: Perfect It's just like the vibe of cat dudes give it off, like I'm stable. I know who I am.
Speaker 3: Huh, checklist before you buy a cat?
Speaker 1: Say that's the vibe, that's the vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'll accept that.
Speaker 2: Okay, nothing toxic about what Brooke just I don't think shouldn't have insecurities. All right, Let's see if he agrees with that sentiment when we call him right now. You ready to do this, Fran, Let's do it, hoping the cats answer, Let's give it a try. Hello, Hey is this Tommy?
Speaker 7: Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You an insecure boy? Tommy? What why would you say that? I won't see what you thought?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: I thought he wasn't Tommy. Sorry, Sorry, we were having a discussion before we called you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's spilled over into this phone call. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Yoh, why are you calling me?
Speaker 2: Good question. We're doing this segment called a second Date Update, and one of our listeners asked us to reach out to you because you two hung out the other night, remember Fran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he cooked enchiladas for her, we heard, which is a pretty awesome move.
Speaker 7: How do you know all this.
Speaker 2: Is straight from Fran's mouth, well, Friand's mouth to my ears to my mouth.
Speaker 1: Why are you making everything Frand told us is what he's trying to say. Yeah, because she's she likes you.
Speaker 2: She likes you, and she wants to see you again and is confused why it hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, just being honest, it was. It was a little weird. Oh weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well here's the deal, man, Like we get emails all the time from people asking us to do these for them. And Fran admitted that she's dated a lot of people and you stood out among all the guys. You were different and she really liked you. And she also wishes that she didn't bring up the book that she was writing.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, so that's the thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was going fine, you know, it was she seems nice enough, you know, it's a five date, and then she brings up this book and it's just like, I mean, it's so weird, Like, am I just content for you to put into your book?
Speaker 1: But she wouldn't tell you about the book if she thought you were going to be in it, like just sharing what's going on in your life, her life, and she had already written about all the other bad dates she was really thought she was on a good date with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, But here's the thing. So then I'm like, Okay, this is kind of weird, but maybe it's fine, you know, maybe.
Speaker 7: This doesn't include me. But then I was like, hey, so, what are some of the bad dates that you went on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Goodness, A good question.
Speaker 1: Then you know what not to do well, And I'm sure she has like some big stories that she made bigger just to make the book entertaining.
Speaker 2: Too, right, Oh, yeah, did she tell you or did she keep it a secret? You have to buy the book.
Speaker 1: She only read the first twenty sentences. You have to purchase.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she told me a few and hundred that she didn't embellish, Okay, but one of them she was like, oh man, it was so terrible. I like went at this date with this guy and he just wanted to play board games all night.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like we.
Speaker 4: Went back to his plays and he had Monopoly and he had Scrabble and it was just like an endless like that's all he wanted to.
Speaker 3: Do the last three days.
Speaker 1: That was her horror stories.
Speaker 2: So what's the problem with that.
Speaker 4: Well, the thing is is that I kind of had a whole night planned and after dinner, like, what's in my living room? A couple of board games?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I see, so it just derailed your Okay, I can.
Speaker 4: And then I had to make excuses to like sneak over to the living room and like hide the game I had.
Speaker 3: I guess we're not going to play Connect for tonight.
Speaker 1: I bet that that's not what she meant. I bet it's not that she didn't want to play board games. It's just that maybe this guy had literally hours of it playing or it was like really competitive in a dumb way.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean maybe.
Speaker 4: But then she was also like, I've been on like so many days we're like guys have tried to cook for me and just like totally burnt the food. Oh and I'm like in the middle of cooking, well she says this. So then I'm like, oh my god, if I don't get these Inchulata's perfect, I'm gonna get ripped about. And I'm like it was just very stressful.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could see how her stories you could interpret them to be about you. I don't think that it wasn't her intention.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, and you don't have to just believe us telling you that you can hear it straight from Fran's mouth. Why do I keep.
Speaker 1: Saying it like that?
Speaker 2: Because she's on the other line right now wants to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's Frand in her mouth. Yeah, go ahead, Friand's mouth say stuff.
Speaker 6: Hey, Sonny. I'm first of all, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That's a good start.
Speaker 6: Every thing that you said is true, and you would ask, and I just thought it would be like they were kind of funny and silly, and I just thought it would be fine to kind of talk about it. But I can see how that would send somebody kind of into their head.
Speaker 2: Tommy, are you hearing her his head?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was just like a little I mean, I don't know how you want me to feel about that, you know, It's just like I feel like it's like, all right, sweet, put a ton of pressure on me, like on this first date when.
Speaker 7: I don't know you.
Speaker 4: You know, well, it's a person.
Speaker 6: I had no idea about the board games, and I'm sorry if you felt like you would a hide step. And to be clear, the board game guy tried to explain settlers of Catan to me for an hour and I just couldn't handle it.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it's not that you hate any board games as a date night. It was just with that particular.
Speaker 1: Guy, right, careful, Yeah, with somebody that you're.
Speaker 2: Down to scrabble with, Tommy. Maybe the games.
Speaker 1: Somebody else what you want? Mouse Trap? No, they don't care, Jose.
Speaker 7: I've actually never played Hungry Hungry Hip Both.
Speaker 1: No, it is the worst game. It is so dumb. I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 6: Honestly, is somebody who talked about not liking board games. I really like that game?
Speaker 2: All right, fine, I really, Tommy, I'm going to take Fran's side here. I really don't think you need to feel like insecure about her worst people I've Ever dated book, Just don't read.
Speaker 1: Maybe her second book can be about how her dating life turned into a relationship, and that could be starring you. Nobody wants to read that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm writing the worst Coworkers I've Ever had book, and no one in this room isn't it. So you don't need to feel insecure about that at all.
Speaker 1: I don't because keep talking just by comparison, But.
Speaker 2: I really think you should get Fran another shot here, Tommy, and if you willing to go out with her, we'll pay for that date.
Speaker 7: Look, I was having a good time.
Speaker 4: If I can just maybe just get a promise that she's not going to write about me, that would be amazing.
Speaker 1: To be a really juicy chapter that she'd have to leave out.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what, Tommy, I will do you one better. I will write about this, except I will take full responsibility and be the bad date.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're using us as content to be in your book.
Speaker 1: I think I have to call my agent first, and I'm sure that there's a cut that we're supposed to get.
Speaker 6: Yeah, too late, I've already had the chapter outline.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'm starting a new book. Worst listeners I've ever told. But congratulations you guys. We're going to send.
Speaker 1: Keep us updated, Okay, and let us know how when the book's published as well.
Speaker 2: Who wins Hungry Hungry Hippos too?
Speaker 8: It's gonna be good brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Textboard is blowing up right now. Not surprised. Ninety seven percent of people agree Brooke is a bad person for not liking Hungry Hungry Hippers.
Speaker 1: It's not a very good game. Like, there's no strategy at all. You just say on that say that's all you do.
Speaker 2: You know, Brooke, we tend to not like things when we see ourselves reflected in them. What's going on.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie every time I eat my lunch every day, I'm very hungry after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the peopils were eating kale and craw healthy.
Speaker 3: It's the best game ever.
Speaker 1: All right, you got me, You've got.
Speaker 3: Me there you eat little white balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's hung right. I'm glad we were able to get them a second date. They've only sounded like they had good chemistry.
Speaker 1: I'm curious to hear too, and if her if and when her book actually gets published, Yeah, you know, I hope she stays updated.
Speaker 3: We should read it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll do an audi your book.
Speaker 2: Remember you can always email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. Check out all of our Second Day podcasts up online where we get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey