Speaker 1: They around the NFL podcast has got that Dog?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: From the Chris Westling podcast studio, It's around the NFL. I am Dan Hands's heroes here, Greg Rosenthal, Mark Sessler, and I think I hope everybody had a nice weekend. Greg Mark, he's a Hollywood legend.
Speaker 1: You don't. He's a cinophile. You thought he would not see you. Second before we started, I heard the new Mission Impossible. Wasn't that great? Mark was like, I beg to differ because he sees them all.
Speaker 4: Well, you you said that you heard it was the worst one. I would disagree with that only because I can think of a few that I very much disliked. This one was that.
Speaker 2: It was all like about teamwork and being he was kind of corny compared to the last one.
Speaker 4: I think get pointed fun in itself, like in a way that was a.
Speaker 1: Little linking, a little self referential.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were we also talking about we both saw Oppenheimer.
Speaker 4: Right, I agree, like did it blow me off the earth?
Speaker 2: I liked.
Speaker 4: I saw it six am, to be honest, which was I've never done in a theater. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Were you tired?
Speaker 4: I thought like I got up super early and even went running to try to be like and drink some coffee to be like, I'm going to go into this thing feeling like it's midday, And it was like it was around six fifty three, and I'm like, I'm nodding off here, like I'm struggling to stay away.
Speaker 3: If the movie started at six, yeah, and you fall went running, Yeah, gim packed. What time did you pull on your gym shoes and hit the pave.
Speaker 4: Like before point thirty?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: The theaters across the street from where lived.
Speaker 1: So did you sleep? What do you mean did you go to sleep before the run?
Speaker 4: I tried to go previously. I went to sleep at like ten something at night. I tried to Yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: Well that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well it was an attempt to not try to go straight from bed to a theater and then just continue to sleep in a dark, cozy theater. Smart, So it was a battle. You saw it at nine easier, Yeah, I'd assume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Other pop culture news, when we got so much to get to in the NFL. Of course, that's it is around the NFL. But today, in fact, it's gonna happen during today's taping. They have a raffle amongst NFL media employees to see Taylor Swift the Errors Tour next Tuesday right here at Sofi Stadium. And it is all anyone is talking about right now. I Mean, this whole building is on fire with like twenty six year olds that can't stop talking about will they get the tickets which are going for thousands of dollars on the secondary market. Let's bring in Sean Kelly behind the glass ere Shawnee, give us a temperature of the generation Z right now.
Speaker 5: Well, it's really hot, Dan, It's it's everybody is firing in all ballistics today. I'm just all the middle, like the twenty the mid twenties is just buzzing the office group chats on Slack or just going bonkers. Everybody wants these Tata tickets, don't I'm I'm in the isn't that her nickname?
Speaker 4: I'm just the way maybe coming through your the way that you did it.
Speaker 2: Also two tickets. There's got to be hundreds of people in this raft.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a lot of people in the raffle.
Speaker 1: Aren't they. It's Swifties, right, Oh?
Speaker 6: Is it Swifties? I always thought that was their nickname. I don't know. I have good luck in raffles.
Speaker 5: I I'm not generally going for the tickets. I've already promised a coworker that the tickets would be theirs if I do win.
Speaker 2: So and I see Christy Stapleton, it is Christy.
Speaker 6: Stapleton behind me.
Speaker 5: Yes, she will be getting the tickets, but it's going to be an intense event. I'm assuming twelve pm for the drop. They just said Monday, so that's like a good middle of the day line.
Speaker 3: Can you be our official monitor of this if it happens during the show, coming with some breaking news.
Speaker 6: So it will be a breaking news.
Speaker 4: Sean Kelly came in here and told us he was doing this some thing, and Greg informed him logically like the you're probably not going to win, and Sean acknowledged that this was his quote. The odds are heavily stacked against me, so at least he's got a reality. But he's good at raffles.
Speaker 3: Apparently he's the rock party of this. You know, everyone sounding him out.
Speaker 2: Ok, if they can fill up the parking lot, the lines, whether she can match BTS, I would.
Speaker 1: Not doubt she's going to color swift right now.
Speaker 4: I'd resell them. I'd win it then resell them.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's allowed.
Speaker 6: You're not allowed to do that, are you in the raffle?
Speaker 4: I didn't even I don't have femal this computer.
Speaker 3: And it actually the show conflicts with the Hard Knocks premiere next week and the podcast I'll be doing with Colleen, So maybe my tickets would go up for grabs.
Speaker 6: What a wild time, Colleen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excuse me, Christy, you're out though, because you kind of hinted you might poison me to get the tickets that I already have that I'm going with my wife and on Monday.
Speaker 2: So this was a long like brag, I'm already.
Speaker 6: Going, all right, all right, good stuff, all right, here we go?
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 3: She kind of hinted, Hey, if you were to get sick, I'll take your tickets.
Speaker 2: Is it too late to enter this raffle?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're out broke right. Uh. The NFL is really starting to hit up now. Boys. The pads are on.
Speaker 2: That was a big thing Monday throughout the league. The pads are on now for a few teams. They were on before that, the four or five teams before with it, but the pads are now everybody. Football is back.
Speaker 3: Now, it's back, right, well, pads are off, sure, until then there's a game this week, then it's back.
Speaker 2: Then it's football.
Speaker 4: But then then, really, then we realized the preseason is somewhat of a shaman, so then it's gonna be back later.
Speaker 2: Well actually, but also you put the pads on, but the way the rules are now, you can't do full tackling, full hitting for another few days.
Speaker 3: So that then it's back, and it's back sort of, and then when the preseason actually kicks off in earnest to me, that's when.
Speaker 1: Football is back.
Speaker 4: It's vaguely back at that point.
Speaker 3: Until Thursday, the week would opener, football's backing, but really it's the Sunday that follows.
Speaker 4: Well, it really doesn't even councel Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: That's when the season starts.
Speaker 3: Football's back, and really it really comes down to one game in the end, the super Bowl, and it's really.
Speaker 1: Dark.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna share some whispers. Coming out of training camps across America is.
Speaker 1: Crazy. But for some news I kind of looked by a saying, if you ain't got no haters, you ain't popping, so hate away, and.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get to the storyline around Sean Payton, one of the better kind of summer stories that ever has ever happened on this podcast. As we enter year eleven, I don't think there's got so many layers to it.
Speaker 1: It's wonderful. It's wonderful.
Speaker 4: Well, we're so used to players going at each other, you know, online or in some form it's coaches. When it's coaches, it stands out and I find it delicious.
Speaker 3: And not for nothing. Sean Payton, your initial when you know I have to do some damage control. I thought I had my Fox hat on.
Speaker 4: You never said anything interesting on Fox that you cannot use that as an extrass Someone.
Speaker 3: Point out one thing Sean Payton said in his year on Fox that anyone ever talked about.
Speaker 4: Endless milk toast commentary.
Speaker 2: The only thing I remember trying to get a new job is like him wearing those like pandas you know, the dunks, like the sneakers that he wore. Every that was about all that anyone took away.
Speaker 3: And the goodbye tweet from Fox, which is like Sean Payton, thank you for everything you've done.
Speaker 1: It's like, what take eight million of our dollars?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Let's get to it, starting with obviously the big news that broke and yes we are undefeated here.
Speaker 1: This is just this is what we do.
Speaker 3: We record podcasts, and then major news happens immediately following the recording of said podcast. That happened on Thursday at Bengals practice, where Joe Burrow rolled out to his right pulled up with a calf issue was later diagnosed as a sprain, an injury that's expected to keep him out several weeks. So you're not going to see him in the preseason obviously. NFL Networks Mike Garafolo reports that week one quote should be realistic for Burrow. However, GREGI couple things here. Number one, this I believe is the fourth straight year Burrow's summer has been impacted either by the recovery of an injury or COVID or an occurrence of an injury connected me last year, right, it's never It's not an ideal situation obviously for Cincinnati, not one that they can't overcome. Of course, he had the app and app and Dick to meet deck to me last year and had his best year ever, Still not great. The other concern here, Greg, is the calf is one of those injuries where it could come back, and if you come back too soon and injured again, all of a sudden, everything's.
Speaker 1: Up in the air, right.
Speaker 2: I think of Kevin Durant, obviously a very different sport, but doing that and then tearing his achilles coming right soon off the cap straight and it can linger, it can come back and forth. It's disappointing. He was really excited Joe Burrow to have a camp and you can point out, yeah, he ended up having a great year last year, but he's tended and the Bengals have tended to start the year slowly. You remember that disastrous Week one game he had against the Steelers. They also lost Week two to the Cowboys, and he was trying to avoid that. The thing if you're a Bengals fan I think you are holding on to here is they're not making any move to bring in another quarterback. Trevor Simeon is they're backup. It might be Jake Browning. They they did sign a quarterback, I think a USFL guy read Senate. But if they were really worried he was gonna be out into the regular season, don't you got to give Old Teddy a call? Or Carson Wentz, like, we have some real players that can play quarterback here. The season's over if you're playing Jake Browning in a bunch of meaningful games. So I gotta think they are pretty confident he's back for a week one.
Speaker 4: That has to be the biggest bomb for Bengals fans, that exact thing that they're They're not. There's no panic. I thought even their social media account was being playful with the whole thing in the in the hours and days after. But you know, there was this moment because our Thursday show was about rivalries and that we dug into the past, but one we talked about was this like triumvirate of the Chiefs, the Bills, and the Bengals. And we're driving home as this news is breaking, and it's one of the few times that Twitter slash x is to me really valuable because you're just re refreshing over and over trying to find out what news is. But the news got softer and softer and softer about the injury itself. But there was a moment through where I'm just imagining, like, wait a minute, the AFC suddenly the Bengals are a non factor. Essentially, if for Joe Burrow is gone and it changes the way you think about the season. It's just a reminder that, like, you can talk about these teams month after month in the off season, but then now it's like we are going to start to we're gonna lose about twenty percent of the people that we spend our time talking about this season, and it's like the complexion of the AFC would have changed drastically. But I don't like half injury because you're right, if you tweak that thing, it's like can come back and knock you out for a month, more month and more.
Speaker 1: Football is a completely different sport than baseball.
Speaker 4: But yeah, in multiple ways.
Speaker 3: I would say that you still have to look at as a long year, right, And I would just hope that there's always this thing all players are and all teams are. They always circle week one for injuries, like, oh, he'll be okay for week one, but if there's any concern that he's not one hundred and ten percent ready, yes, I would say, you know, if you have to go a couple of weeks out Burrow to ensure that he and papas Achilles in October do it, We'll see man that would stick start.
Speaker 2: With a couple UH Division games Browns in Ravens. It does get me thinking, like I looked at this and there's some other quarterback situations around the league, like this CBA really does job veteran players. A guy's like a Teddy Bridgewater, Carson Wentz. It's crazy that, like Jordan loves backup right now is a fifth round rookie no one liked, like Sean Clifford, Like Matthew Stafford's backup is is Stetson Bennett. They got no real backup in Cincinnati. Like a lot of teams out there just go so cheap on these on these rookie deals, where like in other sports, guys like Teddy Bridgewater and Carson Wentz. I'm not a huge Wentz fan, but it's like they can play, but the way the CBA is structured, it's like they these mid level veterans just get totally left out in the call.
Speaker 4: In some cases though, they're looking for the right landing spot and job too en roll because it's like Teddy Bridgewater's made a ton of money, he doesn't have to.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: In other sports, like high level backups get like ten million dollars a year. That's a quarterback position. They're not going to be getting more of that. I mean, it wasn't millions anyways.
Speaker 3: And the rookie wage scale in part put in as a benefit to the veterans though. Now those rookie contracts are so crazy.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it ended up helping the stars and crushing the middle class. Right, that's why since since then, those contracts, those rookie contracts are so valuable that there's a way higher percentage of rookies in the league, a way lower average age, the average career length is shorter. Like it's really helped out there. I don't know, it's just a random thought, just thinking.
Speaker 1: Like they signed another CBA after that.
Speaker 2: So now, yeah, the twenty eleven one, but have they signed another one since they have?
Speaker 4: Right, there was a new one created.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the players didn't get that tossed out. But you're right, that does seem to be in general, and you're seeing it with all the running back stuff that the players maybe didn't get the deal they want on it in retrospect when Robert Kraft.
Speaker 4: Was hugging Yeah, I think we're learning that now.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, the NFL networks Ian Rappaport reports that Jalen Ramsey underwent a full meniscus repair surgery. It's going to take him out of the picture until December. So the Dolphins, obviously when they acquired Ramsey mark they saw him as a lynchpin of that defense, a guy who's a future Hall of Famer potentially that they believed had elite years and maybe he'll come back in December and be elite and be a nice you know, jumpstart.
Speaker 1: But this is really bad news.
Speaker 3: It's a significant injury that requires a significant amount of mistime.
Speaker 4: It's a really stacked defense. When we were looking at it, you know, a couple of months ago, it's like it's hard to find a weakness. Injuries will create that. They went out and signed Eli Apple, Uh, not the worst signing there. I think they need some depth, but they've still got Xavier Howard cam Smith is a second year guy or actually a rookie, So I don't know. I mean, I think you've got Vic Fangio. I trust him to kind of maximize everyone. I kind of love the pairing of Mike McDaniel and mcfon gioe. But when you start losing guys like Ramsey, the only I guess the bright spot would be is he comes back and he's healthy in December. That might be perfect timing for like a push.
Speaker 1: Here is Mike McDaniel on the Jalen Ramsey surgery.
Speaker 7: I think the surgery went about as well as it could have, so.
Speaker 1: We related about that.
Speaker 7: And you know, in terms of where his mindset is at it, you couldn't. He's a self proclaimed alien, and you know he couldn't have a better.
Speaker 1: Mindset with which to attack this process.
Speaker 7: He's immediately tell me whatever the timeline is, and I'm gonna beat it by a month.
Speaker 2: I thought it was interesting how his contract really maybe led to the path they took surgery wise, our guy raps, she pointed out, he got fully guaranteed salaries in twenty three and twenty four. I was critical that trade because they were acting like Ramsey got a lot out of it, and he really didn't. He didn't get a raise. He's kind of under a pretty i think, team friendly contract. But this was the positive was that he got his salaries guaranteed, and it wasn't hard to read between the lines that the team, or in a different scenario, might have preferred a smaller surgery, that he would have been returning in early in September, like mid September, that it would have been not a full repair of the meniscus. That was the initial reports, and then they said, well, they're going to see how it looks like and rhapsly all but said, look, if he was a free agent next year, he might be coming back on less of a complete surgery. And so it's interesting you talked about Mariota last week. It's kind of a similar situation here, except Ramsey's protected by a guaranteed salary in twenty twenty four, so he doesn't need to rush it. He wants to get all the way better. And I'm not that worried about the Dolphins. I think I think their secondary could be very good. I like Kate Cohu as the slot. I like Brandon Jones, Jovon Holland as the safety, z even Howard km Smith some people love him as a as a rookie. Like they're pretty deep at cornerback.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: In other news, you have Jonathan Taylor running back of the Colts, who has been outspoken about all the running back drama and the pay and he wants a new contract, and we talked about it last week that Jim Irsay, the owner of the Colts, has been outspoken about you know, the CBA and how it was structured and how owner or agents were not.
Speaker 1: Operating a good faith with this situation.
Speaker 3: This led to a what was said to be by beat reporters a dramatic moment where there's some type of luxury mobile like home or something.
Speaker 2: I think he's bought like a Jerry Jones. Okay, a lower level Jerry. He's got a new He's got the bus now.
Speaker 3: So there's an Ursay bus adjacent to the practice field and Taylor and Ursay late last week meeting it for an hour. They come out of that meeting didn't go so hot. I guess because Taylor, we learned, has asked for a trade. This then rolls into the next part of this storyline that Taylor reportedly a reported back pain during his pre training camp physical that was deemed to be an injury that was not sustained while playing for the Colts. The situation now has the team considering whether to place Taylor on the non football injury list, which could result in Indy with holding his salary Yike sets. According to Steven holder at ESPN, and then Jonathan Taylor hits back on Twitter or x and says, one never had back pain, two never reported back pain. Not sure whose sources are, but find new ones. And then just for fun, here is find new ones. Here is ersa talking about an increasingly big mess involving his best offensive player.
Speaker 8: I die tonight and Jonathan Taylor's the league. No one's gonna miss since the league goes on. I mean, you know, we know that the National Football rolls on. It doesn't matter who comes.
Speaker 9: And who goes. Yeah, you know, and it's the privilege to be part of it. And now's the time, you know, for us to do our work. It's now's the time as an organization. And you know players that are you know, twenty four to twenty five years old.
Speaker 8: Now's the time to seize the moment of greatness.
Speaker 2: Can you hit him with the Kyle Sanahan? We might not even be here on Sunday. I mean I would have I would miss you, Jim, I mean, don't you know?
Speaker 1: And I think he's talking about the big picture.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's technically correct. I mean there careful, the league good. I'm sure Jonathan Taylor loved hearing this. The funny thing was the timeline of this get back out that hid so that interview happened after they got off the bus, and that interview ers said, we're gonna keep it in house. What me and Jonathan talked about. It's going in a good direction. A great Twitter moment because fifteen minutes later, rahap Sheet then reports Taylor wants to trade, and then ers has to respond like and then Ersay responded after that, Uh, he's not going anywhere, like he's gonna be on this team. There's no way we're trading him, so.
Speaker 1: We're all gonna die. Thing came before or before trade demand, well, I think.
Speaker 2: After the actual trade demand, but he tried to hide it from the public. He's like, we're not gonna talk about that publicly. We're not gonna say what happened between us. Ten minutes later it comes out Jonathan Taylor request.
Speaker 4: I love the earthy quote. I couldn't agree more. I mean, we would just keep rolling on no matter what happens in this situation. We're talking about it today, it'll be old news soon enough, they'll figure it out. I think if you're like, it's just another extension. I said on our last show that I'm the whole running back thing. I empathize with him vaguely, but like I'm starting to get tired of the whole situation. It is what it is. But like Jonathan Taylor, like you want to get traded, Like you're gonna need to find if this even where, if it even vaguely could happen, Like you need to get a team that sort of says we're a super Bowl window. We're not gonna You're not gonna get someone that for Jonathan Taylor and offer a massive extension. It's like you're a free agent after this year. Maybe we bring you in, we plug you in for one year and make a run of it. But that has to be a team that has an excellent offensive line, because if you look at last year what happened with the cults, like Jonathan Taylor is an all pro level running back not behind a bad offensive line. That offensive line needs to be patched together and be a better unit overall to actually get anything out of the running back situation. They also have Zach Moss who suffered a broken forum today. They're in a bad spot at that position.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are, And I just I understand the they have empathy for the running backs. But again, Taylor, I don't know, and I don't like the way Ersay put that, like, hey, now's the time for these kids to be out there playing, because that's too reductive, and you understand why these players understand for the same reasons Ersay's saying, get out there and play because the window is short. That's why these guys are trying to get paid right now, because they know there's not a big payday coming five years from now.
Speaker 2: I think he's just mad at it, Boss. It might be a ran, a rare case where he would just rather play for another team even if he wasn't getting the contract, Because to your point, Mark, I don't think there's a single team in the NFL that would be willing to give up a decent draft pick and a good kind He's coming off an injured ear where he is sea great when he did play.
Speaker 3: And he we don't know this physical. Who knows what's going on with this physical. But if the ankle is a part of the red flag here, which it sounds like it, it's like am I going to give a long term, huge contract to a running back who was in someone else's building that suffered a serious injury to his ankle that's still not healed yet. I just think he's not being realistic. Here's no contract coming for this guy. Could you see it for anybody else?
Speaker 4: Could you see a team? I don't know, like you could think of someone like the Cowboys or something like, oh, we'll do this for a third round pick. And then it's like we've got, you know, like some teams something you got to pay him, right, but someone you.
Speaker 2: Don't know, maybe not, maybe they don't.
Speaker 4: It's a one year thing. And then yeah, I think to Jonathan Taylor's point, like he just wants out of this world of disrespect in Indianapolis. You get a one year situation on AOD on a good team, then you go out to free agency. It might be a better situation for him than trying to lobby for a contract he's not gonna get.
Speaker 2: Right now, Chris Ballard has to have the least amount of power of just about any GM out there, because he was quoted saying how important Jonathan Taylor was to this team not that long ago, how he did want him long term, and I think he was being truthful. And then you see these reports about them trying to put him on the NFI list, and the reason they would do that is because they wouldn't have to pay him, and that it seems like a threat. It seems like dirty pool. It seems like if you had to do some source guessing, it's probably coming from ownership, not from the front office, because I don't think the front office wants to make him any more mad. And so this could be a situation where the emotions are so hot that something does happen.
Speaker 3: We have this conversation a week or two ago. Oh what has a shook we I mentioned, just like what you know the cults like, you have an owner that's increasingly expressing, you know, how he feels in public and has more control than ever. It seems in terms of the football operations. That would have me shook as a Colts fan, because you want something collaborative, not just the owner pointing things out and saying this is how everything has to be.
Speaker 2: And you could say whatever you want about running backs. Jonathan Taylor is vital to this team. Our our friend Daniel Jeremiah pointed it out. He should like, he's got a lot of these good thoughts. He should start he could collect them together, do a podcast, a microphone, right, it's I it's a growing things. It's just not you know.
Speaker 1: How Jeremiah that's good.
Speaker 2: Uh. He pointed out, there's no explosive element to this offense. Anthony Richardson is all sorts of explosive. But Michael Pittman not the fastest guy in the world. Alec Pierce, that's not really his game. He's you know, he's gonna catch him jump balls. Josh Downs, that's not him. They don't have it at running back like Jonathan Taylor is their explosive guy.
Speaker 3: One last note, by the way, on the Colts Camp, Anthony Richardson offore mentioned got a nose job?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: In other did what job?
Speaker 2: I mean you could call that our guy rap sheet said specifically it was not a nose job.
Speaker 4: But yes, it's something to do like septum, like corrected or something internally.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It wasn't reshaped. I mean sure, it wasn't a cosmetic surgery.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, wait till cam to get a nose job.
Speaker 3: I was saying, thinking how funny that term is that it's just everyone's uh nose job like nose job. It's just not funny. It is two funny words, but together, Yes, it is. Anthony Richardson got a nose job. That is not inaccurate.
Speaker 2: It's just not a nose job. It's not a cosmetics cosmetic surgery.
Speaker 1: It implies, but I didn't say it is.
Speaker 4: It is not accurate at all.
Speaker 3: If you asked the surgeon, oh Richardson, is he did you check out?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, earlier to nose job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what surgery, Like I fixed the.
Speaker 1: Casual surgeon follow up, Oh what what type of nose job? Septim correction.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Earth and I don't know what you're living in a different universe.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers, Sean Payton, Nathaniel Hackett, Robert Salah, a bunch of players around the Jets.
Speaker 1: It's a big old stew of funkiness.
Speaker 3: After Peyton shot off to USA Today about how terrible Hackett and the Broncos coaching staff was last year, as I said, uh, Peyton then came out the next day when I don't know how another element of the story. How long has he been in this game? Did he not realize that this was going to be a major.
Speaker 1: Storm?
Speaker 3: Did he not see this coming? Or h maybe.
Speaker 4: You know when he gave the interview, You're in a bit of a little.
Speaker 1: More clear headed stay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He just was a little loose despite all the like the all the Denver reporters and nationally where they were like, hey, if Sean Payton does it, he has intention behind it. He has purpose to everything he does. Cut to the next Sean Payton's like, actually, I totally regret it. Why why did I do that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So you heard Robert sal obviously in the in the news drob how he.
Speaker 1: Addressed it a couple days ago.
Speaker 3: My favorite part was Claybond's reaction to that in real time, just burying his face in his hands.
Speaker 1: With cringe.
Speaker 3: But then Schrager was at Jets camp this weekend for Back Together.
Speaker 2: Weekend weekend NFL Network.
Speaker 3: Great job by everyone on the team and this game for us, well, we were supporters, Okay, I do support what they did.
Speaker 1: We were in the stands clapping, Yeah, I really did great.
Speaker 3: Here is Schrager teed up Rogers in a way that gave Rogers a chance to give a very kind of non descript answer.
Speaker 1: But Rogers was very descriptive in his responts.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I love Nathaniel Hackett, and those comments were very surprising for a coach to do that to another coach. My left frat goes deep. You know, we had some great years together in Green Bay, kept in touch, love him and his family. He's an incredible family man, incredible dad, and on the field I could say that. You know, he's arguably my favorite switch around in the NFL. Just his approach to it, how he makes it fun, how he cares about the guys, just how he goes about his business with respect, with leadership, with honesty, with integrity and pause. It made me feel bad that someone.
Speaker 1: Now the blowtorch comes out, yeah, all.
Speaker 10: Right, who's accomplished a lot in the league. Is that insecure that they have to take another man down to set themselves up for some sort of easy fall if it doesn't go well for that team this year. I thought it was way out of line, inappropriate, and I think he needs to keep my coach's names out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: That's my quarterback.
Speaker 4: Also, if you're Peter Schegger, who looks good in those sunglasses right there, you know, oh, I've just generated it's an absolute heat seeker of an interview.
Speaker 2: Nice job for NFL. Plus, that was on job plus, first they get us locked in to do content this season and then that big, big on fire.
Speaker 1: By the way, I love that. First of all, you know, I'm a jentsman. I love that. I love Rogers being all fired up there.
Speaker 3: I also like, like, or what, like, what is Aaron Rodgers actually going to do if Sean Payton says something else? Is he going to punch him in the mouth? In Week five? Like that was? Was that a physical threat by Aaron Rodgers towards Sean Payton?
Speaker 1: I love it all. This story is ridiculous and beautiful.
Speaker 2: I thought of this quote that I often think of. It was by an author like Rachel cust Werd. She wrote, like, I thought, how often people betrayed themselves by what they notice in others? And to me, this was a game recognizes game who has purposefully managed the me in deceptive ways more over the last ten years than Aaron Rodgers and Sean Payton, Like these two guys are similar and Rogers like when he's saying that, how how you feel bad for a guy that he would be so insecure that he would bring down others in the process. You almost feel like it's like, oh, that's something Rogers hit on in therapy a couple of years ago when he was burying his management, and so like, I don't think he's wrong, and I think he's speaking from experience.
Speaker 3: What Peyton maybe maybe if you peel back the layer, maybe he was more just like as a way of saying he was disappointed the Peyton, the guy who's playing the game as long as he had, is in a little more cunning and was so surface level about it, rather than Rogers, who will do the backchannel route to try to destroy his enemies.
Speaker 4: I think part of it too, is because like when people would absolutely verbally flame like Urban Meyer, it's like Urban Meyer seems like an unlikable individual and like Nathaniel Hackett, Yes that was a botch job we all knew out of the gate. You know, you're a month into the season wondering how soon he might be fired. Uh, But Nathaniel Hackett has never been described as someone who is not like a warm, enjoyable guy. He's there's something about like I think the coach on coach hate is so rare, we don't see it that often. But I always thought what Sean Payton was trying to do and he did not do it elegantly at all, was reset Russell Wilson and reset Russell Wilson with the locker room and go out of his way to put no blame on Russell Wilson, which I think he deserves plenty of blame for last season, but to put it all somewhere else because the one thing we didn't talk about when we the first time around was that he flamed his own general manager.
Speaker 3: Right the point, because I thought about that after the fact. He's still the GM. Yeah, wait, what's his name? Kevin Saunders is still the GM, right.
Speaker 4: I mean so I think Peyton probably afterwards was thinking, yeah, Sean No, not Sevin Sanders, right, Sean Payton. Like, I think having to go apologize was the stoop. Why it's the worst part of it because it's like then you just look like you're you you bungled the whole thing. You're like, had you just stuck to it, I kind of would have been like Sean Payton's kind of ball and just doing what he wants to do. But instead, you know, when you have this thing two days later, we got to like come up with this fake apology.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it is fun because I think both of these got you know, Rogers is obviously gonna be in Canton one day. Sean Payton's gonna have like a case for it. So these aren't just like mid level guys taking shots at each other. I love That's why I got the story week five.
Speaker 3: And you might have missed the summer episode. Maybe people are coming back now. We decided collectively as a group, you're on the NFL podcast that because Sean Payton's there and George Peyton the general manager, it's too confusing, right, so we just changed George Peyton's name to Kevin Saunders on the show.
Speaker 4: I think you're helping journalists everywhere too, because so the song and dance where you put their first names when you mentioned the boat in the same article.
Speaker 2: And I have mixed feelings that you circled back here because you want to reward the people who've been with right throughout the opposite. So you get it too, but understand, this is it. It's Kevin Saunders moving forward no more.
Speaker 3: Ten you up and to that point, people that come after me or either of my colleagues here in studio, on Twitter or elsewhere saying WHOA, we really butchered that he doesn't even know the GM's name. You will be flamed for it, right, Well, you know, keep Kevin Saunders's name out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: We actually have a way to prevent you from ever listening to the show again. We can we can geo block your ace, your podcast app of choice. That doesn't really help us to know that.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a strategy that does of no service to our.
Speaker 3: Daniel Hunter and the Vikings make nice agreeing on a one year, twenty million dollar contract. Hunter Greg has been a difference maker for the Vikings, seventy one sacks sin centering the league in twenty fifteen three pro balls. There's a no tag clause here that gives him a chance to hit the open market and get a more lucrative deal. So you like to see this team and player working together for the common good. And geez, the Vikings need all the help they can get on that side of the way.
Speaker 2: I think it was so important. I think Brian Flores, they're really excited, like they really could improve so much on defense. But his defense, for instance in Miami, always has good pass rushers. I love what Quesciadopha Mensa did with this Vikings team. This offseason, and I think you can see it by how he handled Zadarias Smith and Hunter. They both wanted out. I think he did the right thing moving on with Zadarias Smith that just wasn't gonna work. They knew how important Hunter was and for once, like a team just gave a guy a raise like he was do only five and a half million. They decide to give him a big raise. They're recognizing how important he is. He can be a free agent after the year, and it's like great for both sides. I think that was probably their plan from the beginning. He let the player in this case Hunter calm down. It's a good job by Quessei.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have completely cleaned the books, and so I think this was a give Brian Flores a centerpiece and a chance. Because we can get into this a little bit late, but some of the whispers out of Vikings camp is that, you know, Flores is working with a lot of young players, but almost to a man, they seem genuinely excited about this Flora's scheme, about the contrast to what they were doing last year, the over complexity of last year's defense compared to what Floraes is setting them up to do so Hunter sits in the middle of all that. You still love Harrison Smith, but it's a lot, It's gonna be a big transition.
Speaker 3: You've got a lot of young Let's say the official team slogan of the twenty twenty three Vikings.
Speaker 1: We talked about it last week.
Speaker 4: Well, it was so effective that I've completely like happy trails at Donateel. Yes it will check you later at Donna Telly.
Speaker 3: Let's circle back to the Broncos real quick here tough tough news at a camp today where wide receiver Tim Patrick, who once not so long ago last summer was seen as maybe their number one wide receiver or a number two type guy with them, He's not going to be involved with the team for a second straight year. It sounds like because he suffered what is believed to be an a kill injury collapsed to the turf during a seven on seven drill. He missed all of last season after he tore his right acl in a non contact drill in August second So almost a year to the day I talked about mentioned my dad suffering an achilles injury. A couple of weeks back, about a month ago. It happened in front of me. It was not fun at all. But I know from learning more about it through my dad and his subsequent doctor visits, when the Achilles goes, it goes, you know.
Speaker 1: So even though we don't have.
Speaker 3: Confirmation right now, if they sit thinking on the field, they could tell right away. And that's terrible news. It's a tough injury for any athlete to come back from.
Speaker 4: They were talking about him, as you know, Some were saying he was the best football player in the receiver room this offseason. They were really excited hav him back. Obviously it was always underrated. I can't imagine because we don't with these guys vanish off the radar. We just move on with who's still available. But it's like Tim Patrick has gone through two years. He's about to go through two years of complete and total hell. Because I think the one thing you hear about I remember when when they featured Gronk on the Rehab Journey that you're just spending all this time alone. You're just alone. And like, if you're Tim Patrick, you know your dad doesn't have to go run a four three four forty a year from now.
Speaker 1: I actually did tell him he has to do that.
Speaker 4: Well, that would be remarkable. Yeah, and he might find a different line of work if he was able to do that. But I mean, Tim Patrick, you're wondering like it could take you two years or more to get back to where you are physically.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad he signed because he was an undrafted guy. He signed a pretty nice extension late in the twenty twenty one season. Just well timed that he got his money before all this happened. It doesn't make you think if Courtland Sutton was going to be traded if someone I just thought Sutton was very much available. We heard Sutton and Judy was available, and it felt like Sutton was more available that at the end of this camp, if someone needed a receiver somewhere, there was no one more available than Courtland Sutton. Maybe maybe a little less available. Now they're still fairly deep at wide receiver. They've got a couple of young players, Marvin Mims brought in Callaway, but I would think now Sutton is much more likely to stay there.
Speaker 1: And finally, in the news from the two first and goal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, touchdown.
Speaker 11: Sony Michelle his sixth touchdown in the postseason three against the Chargers two against the Chiefs. And now the first touchdown of Super Bowl fifty three.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl fifty three, a two yard touchdown, the only touchdown in that game, the worst super.
Speaker 2: Bowl, the greatest super Bowl ever.
Speaker 3: Thirteen to three Patriots over Rams, the final Tom Brady Super Bowl, and it was yes Sony Michelle who had that lone touchdown in the game. The two time Super Bowl champion, he won another one with the Rams a.
Speaker 1: Couple of years back.
Speaker 3: He decided to retire on the opening weekend of training camp with the Rams.
Speaker 1: He's twenty eight years old. Four year college career.
Speaker 3: Georgia had those that run with the Patriots, and Sean McVay call Michael Michelle the epitome of a pro.
Speaker 2: One hundred and twenty nine yards in that Chargers game in three touchdowns Division Round.
Speaker 1: The six touchdowns in that postseason, six.
Speaker 2: Touch up post season one hundred and thirteen yards against the Chiefs in that AFC Championship Classic, in a couple of touchdos, and a game winning Super Bowl touchdown, and no one remembers that. It's like Jeremy Shockey had a game winning Super Bowl touchdown with the Saints. I feel like no one ever remembers that one either. So that was a controversial pick in New England. Everyone wanted Lamar Jackson. That's a great sliding doors moment. Then again they got that sixth ring and with Sony Michelle, So I have a great I don't know if they would have done it without him.
Speaker 3: I have a great sports stock idea. Greg, I think you would like this. Maybe it's a little too esoteric.
Speaker 1: But I kind of like it.
Speaker 3: That Patriots run of two to eighteen, that is that kind of compass it one to eighteen, just about the running backs. Just there's so many different guys that just went in and out and all had amazing moments. I would watch fifteen minutes on what's his name, Jonas Gray, I do fifteen minutes on a Sunday night for a touchdown game and then missing his iPhone didn't go off the next morning, and he missed practice and never like played again for the team.
Speaker 1: Like la Garrett Blunt looking like Jim Brown, Dylon nowhere. Yeah, all these dudes, this is it not bad? Right?
Speaker 2: You know how our friend Jordan Rodrigue did the playmakers this offseason. That's gonna be That'll be yours. That's gonna be years next season.
Speaker 1: I'll pass this idea off. I don't need to be too hands on.
Speaker 4: You could got a producer with a.
Speaker 3: Patriots O one to eighteen breakdown, But Greg, if you want to take it, I'll just be ep.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Patriots could have drafted Nick Chubb, who was you know, drafted after Sony Michelle.
Speaker 2: But teammates in college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's that's pasted on Nick Chubb and Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 1: Maybe we're burying Lamar.
Speaker 4: There was a lot of where did you have Bill Belichick and your GM rankings?
Speaker 2: Well, there just was a lot of buzz there. It's with with Lamar back then. It is I can imagine. I can't imagine really like being an NFL veteran. You you show up to cam and you're just like, I can't do this. Maybe it's your body, maybe it's your mind. It happened to Eddie Goldman too for the Falcons. Again. This is actually the second time this happened that they thought he was going to be a part of their rotation and he just was like, I can't do it.
Speaker 4: Well, there's always nothing beats the Vonte Davis at halftime being like, yeah, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't feel like doing this anymore.
Speaker 3: Good and you should know, Greg, it's good to we all get little bones thrown our way on this podcast. Every time a patriot retires that was connected that run, it finds the news rundown and it never gets shot down because we know you like it.
Speaker 2: I think in this case, you know we had for you, even gave.
Speaker 1: You that highlight.
Speaker 2: SNEAKYU, big moment in history.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll be right back with some whispers. Rose, welcome back.
Speaker 2: So gross to maybe do some live reads, maybe live whispers.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe we get some female voices in the whisper. It just seems a little aggressively us us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just a lot of us whispering in your which I think it would be unappealing. Ark, how about some don't need that.
Speaker 3: That one's good, Hey, stabledon, if you want my Taylor Swift ticket, can you give me a little whispers at some point throughout the segment? Just drop it in occasionally. Get that headset on. She hates this, That's why I like it. All right, it looks like she's gonna go along with it. All right, let's get into it. Whispers, What are we hearing what are we following? Beat reporters are filling out notebooks, writing writing dispatches from training camp where the pads are now on. Football has started its back. Start us out, Greg, We're gonna go around the horn a bunch of times. Here were things that we have called from our research. Okay, fireless research go.
Speaker 2: The most meaningful whispers are to me are players we didn't know about emerging into roles. And I think that's happening with an undrafted rookie named Eric Prince in oh YouTube City one of them, because there's always so many right now they have no but that was a good one. They haven't put on the pads and everything. But everyone there that we trust say he's popped so consistently and is playing so often with the starters that he's a little bit about like the Isaiah Pacheco of this year for that team, they certainly have some room at the running back position. And it makes me think of this Chiefs team in general. You think of them as this dynasty and they're getting back to the same place every year, but because of their set up with it, they really have like a stars and rookie contract kind of roster that there's a lot on the line, like Raci Rice, that they're rookie wide receivers having a chance to play with the first team. Their linebacker spot where they signed Drew Tranquil is definitely a little up for grabs and he might take some playing time race. So there's a lot of position battles there. But then Erik Prince is one that I think is going to get drafted in fantasy league.
Speaker 3: So's we just did five minutes on Sony Michelle and you took the one I was most excited about.
Speaker 2: That's why I took it first. Just felt very whisper.
Speaker 1: I think it is whisper. It's five on Michelle.
Speaker 3: I think it's notable that pads are just going on and beat writers like Adam Tecker, t Titcher and others are saying, well, he's an undrafted rookie, but he's already on this roster.
Speaker 1: He's made this team.
Speaker 3: Now just about is he going to be a special teams guy or is he going to really find a way in that running back room to make an impact? And you're right, I think that's part of what makes the Andy Reid side of things and this Chiefs dynasty in part so interesting is that it's not just collection of all stars. It's Mahomes, this great offensive mine and Reid and then Kelsey obviously got to put him in the mix. And then how they find and develop young players as satellites around these Hall of famers, And we'll see Maybe princes won't come up again on this show.
Speaker 1: That's no I think possible, but it could.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I was reading about him too, and other players are emerging from the woodward to talk about how impressive he's been. And like, the one thing I love about Andy Reid because it's like, how do you avoid sort of wrote exhaustion. You've won the Super Bowl a couple of times, you keep coming back to do the same thing their training camp. The other was a feature on this on the Athletic by Nate Taylor that practices have been insane, that there have been fights three days in.
Speaker 2: A row, Kelsey every time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kelsey was in a fisticuffs with someone named DiCaprio bootle. So I love that, uh DiCaprio bootle at defensive back on Oh Yeah. So you're a lot of young players, a lot of stars and heated practices, and Reid is loving it. He's just been saying, he's been shouting edge edge edge. We're never We're never gonna sit down. And I think the Chiefs just find a way to reboot.
Speaker 3: And I know Kelsey rebootle, rebootle, apologize and said he has to control him up.
Speaker 1: Nah. I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a team that's had that much success fighting in training camp, they still got the fire.
Speaker 2: Shout out to uh Pete Sweeney over at Arrowhead Pride. We might might have to have him on if we want a Chiefs guess he has some They have some of the asked like recaps of any practice in the entire league, and there's so so many battles going out. I'm just seeing here on his timeline here one of their undrafted rookies that they were playing like as a starter in a lot of uh snaps. Nase Johnson sounds like he's suffered an ACL injury either Sunday or Monday. So that is disappointing.
Speaker 5: Whispers, whispers, that's not Christie, not at all.
Speaker 3: The counter opposite Sean it's past noon is do we have any updates on the Taylor swift front.
Speaker 5: No updates on the Tailor Swift front as of right now we've there's been inquiries waiting back. I think it might be an afternoon. I did say twelve is like a middle of the day, so I heard monday, So I'm going to start at twelve.
Speaker 2: You said twelve to us. That's being an important thing. If you're going to be talking to other journalists, accuracy is important. Oh yeah, that was just just make up a number.
Speaker 6: I just picked them at all of the day.
Speaker 3: So you threw out that middlehigh, but you just threw the first possible second that becomes afternoon, which is noon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I assume like in the middle of an average work day, right now, you.
Speaker 2: Do you do stand up, right, so like when you're doing a show, you don't just like say a time specifically and then it could be any time.
Speaker 4: Right, come at a stage in the middle of the day. Yeah, I see me in the middle of the day up and uh, you know, I never.
Speaker 6: Like X it was going to be on the nose.
Speaker 3: This entire episode has been built around the drawing happening five minutes ago.
Speaker 5: Oh no, yeah, no, if that is what you thought, I apologize for my inaccuracy. This is why you're the journalist and I press.
Speaker 1: You've destroyed us Mark you all.
Speaker 4: I love the reports about emerging players, which we just did. I also think there's guys that we spent all off season wondering, like this guy still got it?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 4: This guy?
Speaker 1: Is this gonna work?
Speaker 4: And so I go to Giants camp where Dan Athletic talked about the fact that Darren Waller, who I was like, he might be washed. Maybe this was a nice idea nice trade, but like he has been uncoverable all over the place, frying their defensive backs to the point where like rookie Deontay Banks, who they have a you know, they invested a lot in, is having a very uncomfortable rough start to camp, largely because of Waller, but other reasons too. But I think that's a huge, huge element for the Giants and Brian Dable. If you get this version that the Raiders basically gave away. It doesn't look good for the Raiders to give this player away after you know, injuries, everything he went through. But if you get the best version of them, it's great for Daniel Jones, it's great for Sakuon Barkley, It's great for an offense that kind of quietly has like twenty two wide receivers too. Right now, they kind of remind me of the Bills, where they just have done everything they can when they had Josh Allen to reload and add guys and Waller working out would be huge for the Giants, it.
Speaker 1: Would be huge.
Speaker 3: There's a little, to me, a little trope alert element to this that new player with Pro Bowl pedigree shows up and you know, moves around well, and the beat writers are all kind of smitten by it.
Speaker 4: Right, But there's a trope alert sort of attached to every one of these things, right some degree.
Speaker 1: But that I guess just with with Waller.
Speaker 2: Mark didn't appreciate that.
Speaker 1: No, but it's not personal. It was not.
Speaker 2: But he's he hasn't been healthy in a while, so I didn't buy that notable that he has not healthy looking good on in practice for a lot.
Speaker 3: You know what triggers me is moving all over the field like whatever, of course he's gonna be but this was the exercise, is gonna line up here, maybe he'll be in motion on this play.
Speaker 1: That doesn't do anything for me. He's moving all over the place.
Speaker 4: Well, we've said that the season doesn't even start till the Superbeason. Have any any meaning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am a little I have some doubts about the Waller Giants thing, but maybe that's it's an extend of my criticism here of the reporting.
Speaker 2: I don't know, get him to weak one. I I think he is one of the most important people on that roster. If he if he could pop, that's huge and.
Speaker 3: Other the forty nine ers quarterbacks going ham the Niners offense. This was a report from Nick Wagoner. ESPN had its best day of camp. This is over the weekend. Trey Lance twelve of sixteen and first team reps five of eight with a touchdown pass and a touchdown run and red zone work. Sam Darnold who took the other four first team reps and twelve with the second unit eight of ten with a pair of touchdown passes to Brandon Ayuk in the red zone. We talked about last week that brock party has been cleared and seems to be on target for Week one. I guess my takeaway based on this is yes, usually you hear, especially this time camp, defense is are ahead of offense. I kind of think I have no concerns about the Niners because I think the team is kind of quarterback proof, which is such a obviously highest compment you could give to Kyle Shanahan for what he's good at.
Speaker 1: I think they're going to move the ball and score points.
Speaker 3: Really no matter whose quarterback, I think Donald would do well in this offense. Trey Lance is such a mystery, but I would think that Shanahan would put him in the best position. And we saw that Purdy has the to move this team and be professional as well.
Speaker 1: Niners gonna be good.
Speaker 4: I want to add to your report in the newsroom this morning, not my report, well, your your entry reporting on the report, your yes, your review of the report. Omar Ruiz in the newsroom today and I asked, you know, like where you've been to a couple of camps. He's been to Raiders Arizona was like one hundred and fourteen degrees. You're wearing makeup and it's running into your hair. It's terrible situation. But went up to San Francisco and I was like, did anything like stand out about any player you saw at any camp? And like, I know this is a player that we've talked about before. Is like this is the year he becomes a superstar. But there are like superstar vibes around Brandon Ayuk that like what he's been doing up there, and he mentioned Sam Donald like whipped this like fifteen yard bam Donald right into the end zone and like this player emerged out of nowhere, high into the sky and it hit him right in like the hands, and it was like Brandon Ayuk jumping like twice as heidemas. So everything is going right for him. And I'm with you that the Niners just feel like they're picking up they left off on offense.
Speaker 3: I think it was on road a World I think had a passing reference to Sam Donald.
Speaker 1: Does the next Steve Young? I mean Shanahan ste That's.
Speaker 2: What Shanahan said. Couldn't he be the next Steve Young? And that quote to me was like the end of Trey Lance's career in San Francis. Yeah, I was just like, I guess it's obvious because even just the way they're cutting up the reps, Perty is healthy enough that he's taking off one of every three days, but otherwise he's getting twice as many reps as those two guys combined. So it's really pretty seem But the fact that Donald, who just joined the team on like a one year, three million dollar contract, is splitting reps with the guy who was the unquestioned starter, who they gave up three first round draft picks just a year ago at this time, and who was getting all there. The fact that Donald is splitting with him already, like they're not even giving Lance a chance. I do wonder if Lance is on this team even in Week one.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think they want to trade him, if anything, feature him in the preseason and.
Speaker 2: Ship him out of us. Another one, Greg, Okay, let's go negative. It's hard to be get negative first.
Speaker 1: I don't usually do that.
Speaker 2: Week No, I got a lot Jets. I actually am concerned about their tackle situation, their offensive line, Mark Dance taking this off? What am I taking it from you? He took my second pick to Actually I should have. I could bury this one. You want it's too late you started, you started, Yeah, that would be answering. Okay. McKay becked in, that's not looking good.
Speaker 1: That was fine.
Speaker 2: It hasn't really been healthy, not good at all. Dwayne Brown turning thirty nine this year, I think and was like, Okay, last year, it's still hurt. Still on the pup list, So I don't know what's got older. They drafted tipman second round, uh center. But the idea is like, okay, that's that's like maybe three of those five spots for now he's second or third team. Who knows that that's not a huge concern. It takes rookies some time to get lifted. But if Billy Turner and and who is it, Max Mitchell are your tackles and they're struggling every day and practice against some good players, that's that's the huge fly in the ointment. It's more than a fly, it's a cockaroach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's we talked about it, Greg when we talk about what are the training camp early storylines to keep an eye on. Yeah, I mentioned the O line and this is so far for everything that's going great around the Jets, and it's basically everything else. This is the one unit of the team that leaves them very vulnerable. Becked In sounds like he's a mess. I gotta say they had they and I.
Speaker 1: Thought he was he all he lost a ton of ways.
Speaker 3: But he hasn't played in essentially two years, and they finally kind of start working him back in to training camp and they have to shut him down. On Wednesday, Salas said that his rehab knee wasn't up for it. And this comes when you've heard you knows things I've heard from people that know I like the Jets, will tell me about his you know, his dedication and how you know his level football isn't there. And it's yes, he dropped a weight, but when he learned that he's basically in a competition to be the right tackle and he's tweeting a couple like a month ago that he's a left tackle, Like, is his head even in this.
Speaker 1: Is he is he about football?
Speaker 2: Or is he not playing them with the starters even when he is no.
Speaker 3: So I think everything around back then, both physically and mentally, is a huge question mark the second round center, it sounds like, yeah, like you said, he's a little behind, and yeah, you do want to see Dwayne Brown get out there now. Are they being extra careful with Brown coming off surgery in his late thirties, Sure, but you also want to have reps as a unit together when yes, you are protecting a quarterback who's nearly forty years old himself. Hamana, It's the only thing I think if this offensive line is good, everything else sparring.
Speaker 1: A lot of injuries or whatever.
Speaker 3: The Jets will be a great team, but the line has the ability to really cause havoc and dal McCook by the way, it seems like it's gonna happen, but we don't have it officially yet.
Speaker 4: Man, he's he was on Good Morning Football and like he really sounded like there was a connection there.
Speaker 2: There was like there on Sunday just watching practice. Yeah, it would be weird at this point if he does, he'd be really weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's like signing autographs and there's three thousand fans chanting his name.
Speaker 1: All right, Mark, you're up Buffalo.
Speaker 3: I like this because that's good.
Speaker 1: Eric, that was a good one. Good.
Speaker 2: I was live.
Speaker 3: Was I'm emitting out the whole bench. I'm gonna have everybody doing. Christy has disappeared, so I think she.
Speaker 12: Sees it coming down the pipe, so she she doesn't like to do not in the room as the show is going on.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like that now, so she took off.
Speaker 4: There's a humility to her.
Speaker 12: Randy in the back did whisper won in last run around, But you got upset over Greg taking her and you threw your head to that off.
Speaker 3: So I missed Randy's Okay, I apologize, we'll get I apologized to you too for that actor Berger And on my part, you took it off as he whispered it, so his eyes got all big, like.
Speaker 13: Randy, it wasn't about you. But it's Greg's fault that I got mad, all right. I should have known. Don't take the Jets topic. How many years have we've been doing this?
Speaker 1: I don't know many, though.
Speaker 4: Wait, but if you get, if you, if you in your next turn, get his third topic.
Speaker 3: Already good and it's there's literally no way Okay, he can get my next one, okay, because I know Greg and there's no way he'll have the take that I have.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're up, Dalton Kincaid Buffalo. I mean, there's there are positive reports bubbling up about in general, this rookie tight end class. There's a couple of people dotted around the league. But I like this because Kinkaid. I think, like they didn't go get DeAndre Hopkins. People questioned why they didn't draft like a wide receiver high Kincaid's going to be used that way, and like if he was a buster, he's not picking it up. You got problems, I think on that offense, but instead they talked about Joe Paskaglia from the Athletic does a great job with the Bills, has said that he's just looked the part like he's just had this like incredible feel. He's been getting NonStop eleven on eleven first team work. Josh Allen is already like in sync with him, hitting him all over the field. Blah blah blah. No, I don't like all over the field, but he is looking looks like I think's he's like a Week one NFL starter. And I think in general, tight ends you gotta wait till year two or three to see who they are. And maybe if that's not the case here, Buffalo arrow up in a very tough AFC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the and we've talked about the tight ends in recent years haven't set the league on fire, which makes it even more And wide receivers have a lot of these wide receivers come into the league and they're and immediate difference makers. And the Bills, we know, need somebody to come in this year, in a key year for the organization and be a difference maker on that offense.
Speaker 1: I hope King Kate is because I'm rooting for the Bills.
Speaker 2: He's so much fun to watch it. They rookie tight ends tend to struggle a little more with the mental side of the thing, and then the blocking too, so that's gonna ramp up when you put on pads, when you start tackling. But yeah, you were referring to I think Sam Laporta especially, he's been getting juiced. That was my guy in the draft. The iokay, like, and I fully expect Laporta, who's getting a ton of hype, and Kincaid, who's who is getting it as well, are gonna be Week one starters. Whether they're whether they come through or not, like we'll have to find out, But I don't think it's gonna be them being brought along slowly. I'm excited about Laporta.
Speaker 4: They're talking about Laporta as like literally flat out looking at one of the as like one of the best players on the field. So and this is this could be it, Like we haven't had a tight end class like this in a long long time.
Speaker 1: That would be I do.
Speaker 3: Like that that is a trope to but I do like that one best player on the field one that means that it's to the point where it's successive. He's just cooking everyone and he just looks better than everyone. Usually that does translate. There was a lot of that, I have to say, as jetson with Elijah Moore as well, like he was like one of the all stars of the best player.
Speaker 4: Who's getting hype right now?
Speaker 1: These guys he is lining up all over the place. Is his month?
Speaker 2: This really is like the guys who make people miss, you know, who run the best routes. And and a player like Kincaid would fall in this too in terms of a tight end versus linebacker, Like they're gonna win these one on ones before the Like it's a great it's a great month for like five nine and seventy pounds slot receivers. But but but now we've seen in the NFL, you know.
Speaker 3: And like the beat reporters who are seventy five yards away from the action and they got the binoculars on, like, oh he made that guy miss?
Speaker 1: Who is he? He's winning?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But then there's like the first round cornerback that looks confused and lost right on the very reporting.
Speaker 2: I'd rather like and to be clear, five nine seventy when I say that it's not in a derogatory way. That man is huge compared to me. I'm saying, like that's a monster.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Bills camp, Tamar hammelin the back and pad.
Speaker 4: Depends what your body you could be. I'm just like nine pard seventy. It could be like like eighty eight percent body.
Speaker 2: I think they're off Gilatin. I think, right, that's true, that's good.
Speaker 3: Tamar Hamlin's back in pads. How about that? Is that crazy or what it really is? In I resuscitated on the field in December.
Speaker 2: It's trady wild because I was going through the the our lads and everything, and man, they are deep at safety. He's their for safety. I think there's no way you're gonna cut Tomar Hamlin. And he was a good player for them special teams and as a fill and starter. But they're really deep there. Like he's got to be no higher than fourth on the depth chart. If everyone's healthy.
Speaker 1: Uh, you're up, Greg, Actually try to get it. Try to to bang me in a big spoty okay.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm whistling a tune here out in Arizona, a Clayton tune. Here's my whisper. Whisper. There's like a non zero chance that Clayton Tune is a Week one NFL starter as a rookie. If you're not familiar with Clayton Tune's work, and I wasn't either, I believe he.
Speaker 1: Was at a J.
Speaker 2: Jas Man Houston right, he was at the University of Houston. Air raid guy inflated QB numbers typically, yeah, popping him out very old for a rookie. He's like twenty four fifth round pick. Take a little higher than some people thought. Some people liked him, some people did. How he his name for some reason, you just imagine that he's like this tryhard little guy, but no, he's actually like prototypical size and he moves pretty well. He's taking a lot of the first team reps. But everyone is there. I find this fascinating that this is what's happening an NFL team. They say Colt McCoy is not taking any more reps than anyone else. That all four quarterbacks there, which is not a good sign. Jeff driscoll, Colt McCoy, David Blow, and Clayton Tune are all taking reps. And McCoy's maybe like light in the mix and maybe they're bringing him back slowly off. But Tune seems like the guy that they're gearing up and that I think I'd be surprised if Clayton Tune doesn't play, doesn't start multiple games this year. It might be later in the season, and I feel like there's actually a chance you might turn on a week one game and Clayton Tune will be the starter. Just goes either.
Speaker 1: Gonna be Aritime game, it's probably.
Speaker 2: Gonna be Colt McCoy, but like at some point it's probably Clayton Tune, which is just crazy. Maybe he'll be good.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, but I could see like four different quarterbacks starting for them this season, and like.
Speaker 2: But like why start Jeff jiscoll and David blow This group drafted Tune, So I think.
Speaker 4: David Blough made is not a terrible option. If you're trying to win three games.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that, but I don't think they're trying to win, but they are trying to develop.
Speaker 2: I think they're trying to win three games. To your point, I think anymore.
Speaker 4: Right you roll a rookie out, a low around rookie out, because it's like the plan is clear.
Speaker 3: If they can develop Clayton Tune into a good backup for Kyler Murray or whoever is the quarterback next. Sure, uh, that's a victory. But if you play Colt McCoy, what is Colt McCoy doing. He's a placeholder for a team that's obviously going nowhere this year. It makes more sense that you would start younger guys, I think because.
Speaker 4: I think Cole McCoy. I mean they're not They had a lot of issues, but like Cole McCoy might put you in the world where like, if you get the good version of Cole McCay, you suddenly were winning a few too many games.
Speaker 2: Maybe right, they didn't even it's not the same GM and coaching staff. I'm sure they love Colt McCoy, but you gotta be a little worried that every time he goes out. I'd just rather see him as a backup the guy he's like the coach.
Speaker 4: Remember I saw Colt McCoy in the Super Bowl speaking cel Lobby.
Speaker 2: He thought he'd a nice bod.
Speaker 4: I thought he looked to be.
Speaker 2: And he looked to be vibrant, vibrant thing.
Speaker 4: Everyone. Actually he's seventy two years old. Like he looked, he looked better than like anyone else. In the lobby of the hotel.
Speaker 1: Who cult.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, oh, by the way, here's an NFL quarterback who's like in his early thirties. Like he's gonna look better than ninety six percent of the other men trouncing around with their Starbucks and their croissants and like whatever it else. He's in his late thirties, he's almost forty, but he looks younger than that too. I'm just he looks he's sort of ageless.
Speaker 3: I mean he's Yeah, he's in tremendous physical professional athlete. Yeah, he's a quarterback. Quarterbacks many times are attractive people. Yeah, and uh, they're just different than us, even cold who doesn't seem like an athletic freak.
Speaker 4: Is that's how he came across in person.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody holds up one second. Let's take a break and then share some more whispers.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're back, Greg.
Speaker 3: I know it might seem that I'm more critical of Lamar Jackson and the pro Ravens agenda that you sometimes push on our platform. I know it seems that way, Yeah, but I think some of it.
Speaker 2: Just your denial of it is the annoying part.
Speaker 1: I think some of it.
Speaker 3: Some of it is just a frustration from my standpoint that Lamar sometimes it seems like he ducks not hit him himself, but the way he is portrayed in the media narrative around the Ravens is not really being at fault when things go wrong for an organization that has, by the way, one playoff victory in the last eight years, okay, and Lamar's been there, what five of them? My point is, I think Lamar, just like the Ravens front office and the roster, needs to improve as well if they're going to really get to their true goal, which is winning the Super Bowl and with that set a min but an interesting note out of Ravens camp where new offensive coordinator Todd Monkin has eliminated Jackson's use of a wristband to call plays in the huddle. Since he's been the quarterback, it's been common that he uses the wristband to call and plays, and Monkin came out and explain that that is part of what we're trying to get rid of because the offense has been pretty rigid in the previous under previous leadership. He didn't call out the previous coordinator, Greg Roman.
Speaker 1: But that's how you treat it right, the play calls getting in late. Here's what Mancott.
Speaker 3: Had to say about this this change in terms of the setup for play.
Speaker 14: One of the most important things is if your ability to communicate the calls, and the best way for that to happen is to not start with wristbands. He has to hear what I say, He has to process the call, he has to regurgitate to the players, he has to get the case as we can always go to wristbands. Wristbands are easy, you just read it. Hard is learning the offense being able to process and make the calls.
Speaker 1: So that's interesting to me. It's actually empowering Jackson.
Speaker 3: If you can handle this, Lamar, and you're able to do this side of it, just in a different way, that will give you more power to change the plays at the line of scrimmage, will get plays into you faster, and the offense can perhaps improve because even before he got hurt last year, the offense wasn't operating at a high level. Monkin and Lamar with a better surrounding talent, there's going to be pressure on them, obviously to be much better. A small but somewhat interesting nugget at a Ravens.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 4: I think he's showing faith in them. It's not a slam on Lamar. I mean, you're in your sixth season. I think you know. I've always thought, like doing the work of being a quarterback physically versus the suddenly having to call like a twenty seven word play, I would probably be baffled on how to do the latter, not if not the former also, but like, I think the former would be tough. I mean, I'm just saying enough. They're different, they seem like different skill sets.
Speaker 2: But marks he's Patrick mahomes back. Now I'm like, I'm just gonna freak out. I just I've never understood like how they do that.
Speaker 4: But like, uh, this assumption though, because I my last memory of Todd Monkin in the NFL was he was on that disastrous twenty nineteen Brown staff as a sort of quasi offensive aid slash passing game type deal, and uh, it was an absolute mess. And it's like Todd Mounkin's done a lot in his career, so I don't although I hope it goes.
Speaker 2: Great, it's kind of a mess with the Bucks, wasn't it too. There's this infection. He went back to college and had a lot of success in college, and he had a great reputation at the beginning of his Bucks time.
Speaker 4: Right, so, but all that could materialize, Like I mean, you know, he got he's he's there for a reason. But it's like this thing about Lamar Jackson is gonna throw six thousand yards and all this, like a lot needs to happen for any of that to work. Oh well, I thought it was more than that, but like, uh.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was thinking of Chicago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I think he likes he put on a preposterous number. It's like, Okay, there's a big wait and see, like aspect to Todd Munkins slash Lamar Jackson, Like the only thing is that if Lamar struggles with the wristband situation, it's a new offense to begin with. We saw what happened even with Shanahan and Matt Ryan. That firsture was like you got a lesser version of Matt Ryan before he turned into an MVP. Like there's a lot of variables here and I'm just I don't know. It's this assumption that they're going to be explosive just because they have like Odell Beckham.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe I think the key is the getting the plays in and having flexibility to change it. It's crat. You just can't be running an offense in twenty twenty two where you're basically not audibling and if you're not starting like an early rookie quarterback, and it is a little crazy that. I think that's why Greg Roman got a lot of criticism. Nothing wrong with the wristband. I mean Tom Brady wore a wristband pretty much his whole career. He liked it.
Speaker 1: I think he was trying to streamline.
Speaker 2: I get it. Yeah, but you know, I went and looked at Lamar's a Pro Football reference page, and you say, like the unnecessary, like lifting up, it's like without delivering. I'm not a QB wins guy, but the man was.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to use it to strengthen my I'm just.
Speaker 2: Saying when he started over the last five years, he finished his last season only twenty five forty five wins sixteen losses.
Speaker 1: That's just nice.
Speaker 2: So you've got to pay attention to that kind of team and a season player running quarterback.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, he did say he said, I think I told someone like, man, I want to throw it for like six thousand yards with the webs we have.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I say, you be throwing out six thousand.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm not saying. You know, just got on my radar. It's like, there's the confidence, is there? I hope it works.
Speaker 1: Developing news, Oh, developing news on the Taylor Swift tickets.
Speaker 5: I'm just want to say, per source, I have inside sources, the names have been pulled, some final approvals are are being weighted on right now.
Speaker 3: Oh that's that's a little sisty final approvals.
Speaker 6: Yes, So so.
Speaker 1: Whether the names that were pulled say no to some that want.
Speaker 5: To raffle, this is what I'm very confused by. Obviously there was multiple their their email with eight tickets were available, so I'm assuming two tickets per person would be four for sets for sets. So the names have been pulled. So and approvals are in the worst source.
Speaker 4: Something when we talk about the reporter aspect of what you're doing, which that's a night this is good information follow up question because.
Speaker 2: That's that approval for what would be that?
Speaker 5: All I know is I heard approval is nothing more, nothing less than that. So I don't know what that.
Speaker 3: Follow Can you dig on that, can you see what are they what are they seeking in terms of approval.
Speaker 6: I will put in some work with my sources.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like some hot shot third floor executive one and they were like, oh, this is going to look bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as much as I don't want that to happen, because God knows the people on the third floor, they could spring for the secondary market. I gotta say if they if they're in the raffle, the win and their name comes out, I'm not going to complain about that. If you want to take them out, that's fair too. But once you allow them in, we can't have an approval process deciding who's worthy of the ticket.
Speaker 4: That's basic integrity. And I don't like this word behind the scenes toying with the results. That sounds fishy.
Speaker 1: I keep taking show. I'm gonna come back to you at the end of the episode.
Speaker 6: Will if I have any updates, we'll let you know.
Speaker 2: I once won the Rams Raffle very early on in this huge history, and then I think the rule was you could not enter another raffle for a certain amount of time. So I don't know if that seems sketchy, right, I think I.
Speaker 4: Remember you won that. That seemed very first thing, very suspicious.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go around again. One more time?
Speaker 2: Great, just one more time. Well you could throw because one is one is a one is a silly one. And I just want to it's more of a point that I want to make. The packers sent out a happy birthday message, uh to young man. I don't need to put him on blast even on Saturday, send out happy birthday message. Two hours later they released him. And so what we need to do here, what we need to do here is we need to get social in the meetings. I think if they're having uh you know, Matt Lafleur and the GM and everything's there, like we now need to bring in the social media element into that meeting so that they can avoid a mistake like this in the future. Because you got to work as one organization. You're responsible for that. Yeah, that that you're absolutely right, battles that.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I just want to point that one out. The Seahawks running back position feels cursed. Kenneth Walker, were you taking this?
Speaker 1: You got the hat trick of the zoos?
Speaker 2: All right, you take that one then, because I got another one. I like a lot of Sante Samuel might not start in uh Los Angeles with the Chargers. I think is very interesting. I don't know why it took them a couple of years to realize this, but like they need people that can tackle. They're such a bad run defense. He doesn't really work in the slot. They're gonna have just Seer Taylor there, who is a safety now j C. Jackson's back, but you also had Michael Davis played really well last year. It's interesting because the Sante Samuel's made some plays, but it really sounds like he might be the guy on the outside looking in this year. That's a little.
Speaker 3: I like that you got one more, Oh well, one little nugget. I was gonna say, great, did you have one more to one and get off your chest before we or you got a natural connection.
Speaker 4: I would say that, like, uh, we're wondering what Kellen Moore's offense will look like. How they use players like Mike Williams, who has been a natural dominant outside receiver has been playing in the.
Speaker 2: Slot a lot, move it all over the field everywhere.
Speaker 4: I do have one.
Speaker 1: I do them on the outside one put them in motion, guy.
Speaker 2: One more, one more means one more not people were excited about that about Cowboys, uh draft Luke Lukes Scoon Maker thinking like, oh, they kind of reached for this guy and put him right in the lamp, and it doesn't It sounds like he might have a lost entire camp and it's gonna maybe be Jake Ferguson as their starting week one toda end. So a little disappointment there. A pretty vaunted second round pick they were hoping to get something out of him, might be out for at least a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Mark Justin Fields revealed that he's a pescatarian. Do you know what that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does, only it's fish or doesn't eat things.
Speaker 4: He eats fish, but he doesn't eat like meat, steak, chicken, but yeah, any other type of just fish feet, like like food that comes from animals basically, right, or maybe cheese.
Speaker 2: But he was vegan, so he's adding these.
Speaker 4: Added I think that's you know, it's not that many just.
Speaker 1: What is going on with your meat journey? By the way, you had the double.
Speaker 4: Cheeseburger they called a meat journey. That's that that's not attractive but.
Speaker 1: Not inaccurate though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it sounds like a great Saturday night. A moast journey put me on it. I'd like to take a meat journey around the South Bay.
Speaker 4: I did try the further.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not. It's just like a small part of my diet. But I did try, like because I used to go to In and Out and I'd get like the like the grilled cheese with kind of thing, you know, with with nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they would get the In and Out truck used to come to our old office sometimes and everybody would get, you know, the typical burger.
Speaker 1: Mark would get the grilled cheese, which was always.
Speaker 4: So I tried their actual burger and I've been hearing for like a decade plus it's one of the greatest thing that's ever happened to Los Angeles with the planet totally overrated. Oh well, for instance, remember the one I had with you.
Speaker 2: It's a tired take.
Speaker 4: I also think every take about In and Out is tired. But I just field, I just ate it and like it was like, Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: You know what it is. And the more the more that you eat it, and then it's it's it's the children, and that the more you eat it, everything is, everything is good. It's the regularity that it's available everywhere. So that's just replacing McDonald's essentially, but at a much higher level without the kids being in the mix. Then yeah, I see your point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I'm not trying to make a big point.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was how many times do you need me to week?
Speaker 4: No, not that much, like twice. Maybe I'm more just trying it like like little spots, you know, like had steak one time, which was amazing at uh Musso and Franks, like just you went to often, but like it's uh, I never.
Speaker 1: Huh saw.
Speaker 4: It was incredible? Did that credible?
Speaker 1: But there's a certain cocktail you got to get.
Speaker 4: I've gotten it for the ones. Yeah, we should do it, We should, We should do it sometime next time you're up there.
Speaker 3: I would love to whiskey sour at Frank and Musso's anytime. Just like Rick Dalton, you can sit in those same seats. Love it places, old fashioned, old school Seattle Seahawks. They are cursed at running back Gregi ken Walker because every year we talk about how amazing that running back room is going to be, and then they draft and they load up and it's like wow, you know, They're just gonna keep coming at you in waves and then light clockwork. Injuries creep their way into the room and they're they're not wasting any time. These guys are just getting pads on. Ken Walker sidelined from Seahawks practice with a groin injury. Carol Pete Carroll made it sound like this could be an injury that could cost him significant time, so we'll see how long he's on the shelf. And then you have Jack Zach Sharbina. He's out indefinitely with a shoulder injury, and he was you know, so this went from Greg this like Charbone Verus Walker, and these guys gonna be who's gonna be the true alpha here? Now we might not have either of them on the field week one, we don't know yet, but just not a great way to start.
Speaker 2: I just feel like every season this happens, and there are some teams in some positions that are like this, but especially starting like with the Chris Carson era. But they they've just like every year there's injuries and they're I think they're you know, guys who are taking the first team reps right now are DJ Dallas and Kenny mcinal. Kenny mackenna. That's I got to call him Rocky macin thash. I don't know, this sounds like that would be a name, but this it's always happened. It's very disappointing. And as someone whose son owns a Kenneth Walker shirt, you know, I'm always rooting for this guy.
Speaker 1: Any millennials behind the glass that remember the movie about the.
Speaker 2: Shot Penny was always hurt for them.
Speaker 3: Everyone always hurt the movie about the kid who found the million dollars maybe.
Speaker 1: Before their time. I think his last name was McIntosh.
Speaker 2: What happened in the blank check?
Speaker 1: Blank check?
Speaker 12: Yeah, he found a blank or got hit by car car backing up and a guy he says sms in a hurry, gives him a blank check, runs off and he like makes a fake persona with a computer like back old school computers and like something something macintosh and uses like the AI voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sounds absurd.
Speaker 2: It has some like old FBI chick hit on him somehow. Never heard of this movie. We were fifteen years old, so we were a little old for it. When it came out.
Speaker 1: He was yeah, he was mister McIntosh. She went by no.
Speaker 3: It was a very weird Duff, who was in a MTV VJ at the time, was breaking into acting. She plays like an older woman in her late twenties who's like in a romantic relationship.
Speaker 1: That's surprising.
Speaker 3: How many movies in the nineties have a child, usually a boy that has some type of crush on an older woman, and then they they have some type of romantic moments, like they.
Speaker 12: Run through like some museum sprinklers together they have like a night out on the town and bizarre Well.
Speaker 4: Remember what about Big with Tom Hanks turning into a child and having all sorts of adult adventures.
Speaker 1: Just that you don't see it anymore.
Speaker 4: No, I think it's a bit off that you don't need to.
Speaker 1: I was expecting it in Oppenheimer, A little bit of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought Oppenheimer would be a right territory third act.
Speaker 4: Yeah you think you're You're right.
Speaker 1: It's a little Duff and Macintosh running to the fountains. Anything else? Oh?
Speaker 3: Can I just say, can we pull up the rams T shirts? You know this is a trope itself. A head coaches as long. I remember going to Jets camp in ninety nine after they went to the AFC title game and parcel said, everybody's gonna wear this T shirt. It's gonna say start over on the back because last year didn't happen, and then Billy Vinny Blue's achilles in week one and they never did start over.
Speaker 1: So Sean McVay.
Speaker 3: Has a T shirt that that they're bending around at RAMS camp that says the.
Speaker 1: Following on the back. It's a mouthful, is that Sean McVay wearing it like.
Speaker 2: One of our sens Alex like Stafford.
Speaker 3: All right, this is all all capital letters across the back. Mentally and physically tough players who play smart and love to compete. Mark as you and I entered this company as primarily as copy editors. The thing that really jumps out to me immediately is the top line and is spelled out, and then the second to last time smart in love. There's an ambersand that's frum me nuts. Why why the inconsistency there?
Speaker 4: I don't like players two words away from play.
Speaker 2: And it's pretty close too, And if they was both spelled.
Speaker 4: Out, I would have I would have maybe workshopped this a little bit. It's a mouthful. If you if you asked the players to take the shirt off and repeat the slogan.
Speaker 1: I'm sure is it a bit or is this was this really?
Speaker 2: I think the players might have made it so McVeigh might have been off the hook. It was actually uh Cooper Cupper, Matthew Stafford's But who's.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's more who's not who's not acting responsibly?
Speaker 3: Jordan Rodrigue, if you do hear this episode and you could maybe fill in little bit on this to give us an idea of why the RAMS T shirts are the way that they are, that would be helpful.
Speaker 2: Well. Plus, it's like when you're a player, like, what's gonna get you excited for that day's actions? Like, Hey, like, guys, let's go be mentally and physically tough players who play smart and love to compete. Like no one's ever spoken that way in the history of the humanly. Oh what what? What do you like at work today? I'm just a mentally and physically tough player who plays smart and love to Yeah, the two plays is terrible unsolicited advice.
Speaker 3: Something that would be maybe a little more just you could picture on the shirt compete.
Speaker 4: Well that I think that would ring through this.
Speaker 3: Is that just kind of just you can remember if you want to stylize it, put a period, were put an exclamation points on the slammer on the I don't care, but let's shorten it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just want to get really crazy to do the Spanish like backwards slammer and the slammer.
Speaker 1: Right, I like that.
Speaker 2: And it's like I react with your sorry getting tacos with this, like what has happened?
Speaker 1: You never know? You never know? All right?
Speaker 3: Anything else? I think we're good, right, Oh, anything else from Sean Keller developing? There last thing, Taylor Swift raffle.
Speaker 5: Don't don't play it. There's no developing news. I just I haven't heard anything. I'm not told any more information, and I just have to we you didn't even did he try?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did follow up on the approval.
Speaker 5: I was told the approvals. I was not to allow any more information on the approvals.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: But there are approval there's approval protocol.
Speaker 6: That there's approval protocol.
Speaker 1: The story is pretty big, actually.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't I don't sense that he did a ton of work.
Speaker 2: He didn't. He didn't push back at that point.
Speaker 6: That was as much as I could.
Speaker 4: That's not how a journalist to.
Speaker 1: Be a true journal you have to be dogged.
Speaker 4: Bro, you don't go talk.
Speaker 2: I did as much as I You don't accept easy answers.
Speaker 1: You got if you risk rubbing people.
Speaker 3: And you're such an agreeable guy, and you're such a nice guy show and I know you maybe don't want to people the wrong way, but sometimes you gotta unturned stones that people don't want it unturned.
Speaker 2: You could find out who this, where this person's office is, and just go up. Sometimes you can get something there's not a when there's not a digital footprint. Sometimes people are a little more willing to give you the truth. You know, not an email.
Speaker 5: Person, the person. Take that advice. Thanks guys. More information will come when available.
Speaker 1: Check out Sean Kelly on social media. He's a he's a stand up on the rise, by the way, go see him in the LA area.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: All right, good stuff, good stuff. We'll be back on Wednesday with more coverage of the National Football League as as football is back on Thursday. But it's the start of football being back, you guys, get it. Until then, Dan Heads a signing off or a quiet storm, the Old Boss, Eric Roberts and the Gang behind the Glass
Speaker 1: Approvals, Burkey E, the call,