Speaker 1: Six by six, let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Prose. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. Is B Joey p joe Pisapia, and today we got a brand new mock draft episode for you. We're going six by six. That's right, we're taking things to the next level. The Welsh and I are here as always, and we're going to invite a new friend to hang out with us and mock today. You know her from the sp Streamer podcast and of course she writes for fantracks HQ. She's Lauren Aurbach. You can follow her on Twitter at l k Ourbach. Lauren, thank you so much for coming to the show, hanging out with us today and doing a little mock draft with us.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. I'm so happy to be here. I'm so ready to mock I this. You know, baseball's back on. You know we've got hot stove action. It's turning spring. I'm I'm all ready to go. I'm ready to mock. I'm good, let's go.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's turning very very red hot summer for the welsho can take out in the sun and getting redder and redder by the minute.
Speaker 4: I still look good. I don't. I don't look I gotta be honest with you. I was very worried about how I was going to look today because there is some video on the YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros. If anybody follows me on Twitter at is it the Welsh, they know that I have been out all week in spring training and yesterday I was a hobnobbin with some some big shots there. Take it some pictures, but I was out in the sun the entire day. And I also would like to report, Joe, Uh, this is I had a very dangerous experiment that I did all day. I then went to the Diamondbacks game. And I don't know if you know this, they have a full bats. It's probably like, well, you know that size that I just showed on the video that can be filled with adult beverages. And I did consume a full bat of adult beverage with no food in all sun during the day. And I'm happy to report I didn't end up in jail. So was it not or we got it?
Speaker 1: What's I bat? Were you're swinging there?
Speaker 4: It was? We were at least sixty four We were at least sixty four ouncer.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm here, I'm alive, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I just think it's great. I get a nice little picture you and Manny machatda Machado actually smiling at it. I don't know what you paid him to do that, but it's worth every penny.
Speaker 4: Was you want to know? A really funny thing is a friend I was there with went up to him and was like, you know, hey, man, I feel like I feel like I should give you money because of the Fantasy Championships that you've won me. And he goes, oh, yeah, where is it? And he started laughing, and that got him in the d and.
Speaker 1: Then you immediately took the picture while he was quick.
Speaker 4: He's smiling, he's happy. Yeah, no, exactly, No, he was good. He was He was in a good mood, regardless of Tatis Junior, who underwent surgery the day before or actually, yeah, no, I think it was Wednesday that he did it and I was there Thursday.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get a quick take on a couple of things, because there were some major signings since we've last left. Everybody, Frank and Chris and I tried to get everything we possibly could in the last podcast, but more things happened. Laurene, what'd you think of the Chris Bryant signing to in Colorado there? What's your takeaway in terms of Fancy Valley because I'm sure we're all bumping him off because well it's Colorado, but still kind of an odd signing. When all said and done right.
Speaker 2: It definitely is.
Speaker 3: I think it is very good for Chris Bryant, and you know, fantasy managers who have him, I think that if you know you were drafting, you know, in the off season, and.
Speaker 2: You you know, banked on him, I think.
Speaker 3: That you will have a have a nice payday. In terms of real life baseball, it's the Rockies. This you know, this seven year contract. It doesn't make sense to me, but again it's the Rockies and this is a very Rocky move.
Speaker 1: I feel like, oh, very nice, nice, excellent and Welsh. Freddie Freeman is now officially a Dodger. Was kind of that foregone conclusion that lineup is absolutely stacked, but I kept saying that, yes, it's great on paper, but how many times have we seen these amazing things on paper never come to fruition And we're talking about Mounsey having an injury, Pollock and Turner or perpetually injured Bellinger just coming off a down year. I know Freddie Freeman, Mookie bets the whole thing with Trey Turner. I know it's very sexy. I know everyone's very excited about it. But is there a potential downside too that people maybe aren't I don't know, or maybe over investing in, as guess is the question.
Speaker 4: Nope, it's the most ridiculous lineup that we've seen, probably since two thousand and three. Bogman and I actually were taking a look at this earlier in the week, since the two thousand and three I think it was Yankees where it was just stacked on each spot. They're loaded, man, It's a powerhouse and I love the destination.
Speaker 1: All right. We want to remind everybody too, before we kick things off with today's draft that make sure that you are using our multi user draft software right now. The mock draft lobby is out there. You can send links to your friends, your enemies, to your colleagues, whatever you want to do in practice your mock draft at fantasypros dot com slash draft Wizard. You'll see today especially on the video. On the YouTube side, we're using that multi user draft software and it's very easy to use and you can practice funmock drafts. You can even do solo mock drafts on the Draft Wizard too. If you don't have any friends or enemies, that's fine too, but we strongly encourage you guys to go check it out if you never have, at Fantasypros dot com slash Draft Wizard, because this is a time to start training those draft muscles. We are in it right now. Also, make sure you're watching our YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB. Remember this is its own separate channel because Welsh and I are just so darn special. So on the MLB channel Leading Off starting the day before the season on April six, and then every day you're gonna get leading Off five times a week with me with the Welsh, with our friends. That's right, because we are here for you every single day. The home run contest is going to be back. That's gonna be very exciting. And also if you go join our discord at Fantasy Pros, we got a fun little BlackBook challenge going at Fantracks. I'm gonna drop a link, or you can join one of these leagues in this tournament. There will be prizes for the winner, and people in our discord are gonna have first crack at joining those leagues. So if you haven't already, go to Fantasypros dot Com slash chat and go join our discord right now, and then keep an eye out this weekend for one of those Black Book Challenge links and I'll be drafting. That's exciting, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Well shot is very very exciting, and lots of stuff too as well. We've got like our AMA rooms that people can chat with us. Can I also say, because it's the season with drafting, very very important thing for people to do is for the next couple of weeks, when you get on the Draft Wizard, you have got to screenshot if Joe or myself are the number one analysts that love your mock draft, and you have to tweet it out Joe pizzaps seventeen is it the Welsh tweet out if we become your greatest you know, aggregate and proponent for your draft. Please do that because I want to know. I want to see your drafts of.
Speaker 1: Fore of the biggest hater like I see everyone. I always get it.
Speaker 4: Said, this person hates more than anybody.
Speaker 1: Well, in football season, I'm notorious. People will get a minus, B pluses and I'll give somebody a D and people love it. And the I'm like the code you got to crack in order to get the good team. You can get Joe to approve of your team. You've done alright, and it's hilarious. People would be running simulator. They say that the record was broken because I gave such bad draft grades out. So we'll see. We'll see what happens. So if you if we like your draft, we hate your draft, screenshot it, send it to us over on the Twitter machine. All right, So today we're doing six by six, So we decided to step it up a notch. We're gonna add quality starts at OBP along with batting average and wins, and we are going to also kind of make things a little tougher on ourselves. We're gonna we're gonna clump ourselves a little bit more into the spots that we got. Wells drafting from the five spot. I'm drafting from the eight. I'm sorry, I'm drafting from twelve. Lauren's gonna be in between at the eight because we figure, eh, it's easy. Everybody kind of knows what the top is, especially with the tetee stuff, so we're gonna kick things off in a second. So Lauren, before we do any theoretical approach, here, things that you're hoping for in this first round that make it down to you in the eighth spot.
Speaker 2: At the eight spot, I was thinking, I like the eight spot because you don't really know sometimes you know, you don't know where it falls.
Speaker 3: I like to I have kind of a bottom tier of power, kind of speed guys that I'm not going to tell you exactly because Chris is right in front of me, but oh yeah, sure we don't. But I have like a bottom tier, like and if that guy's gone.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I pivot to pictures. Sometimes I'll go big bat. It really depends.
Speaker 3: This is the point in a draft where kind of my first pick, anything.
Speaker 2: Can go well.
Speaker 1: I can tell you Welsh's Mataretica, Jose Ramirez is not available. Trey Turner went one, Juan Soto, my dude went to. Jose Ramirez went three. Now Tatis went four. Again, This is you know, theoretical Team four was out at Saint Patrick's day, last night having a few too many. So Welsh, you're up here with the one oh five spot in fifteen seconds left to go.
Speaker 4: They pulled me back in. I am back into this. I have my relationship with Ronald Kcunya has been wild lately, where I was in the top and then I dropped him down to the thirties. But now with the conversation that he will DH April twentieth or twenty first, I am back in and I will take him top five even though he's not an OBP monster like Vladimir Guerrero was. I'll get all the stolen bases. He still sawid and he is back in that starting lineup in April ish. So that's all I wanted. So I'm back into Acune at five.
Speaker 1: Bobashek goes next, then vlad Guerrero Junior all the way at seven. What a steal, Lauren Auerbach, you are on the clock.
Speaker 3: Oh let's see wait oh wait so we okay, sorry, we're on around over two now right yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, I'm still we're still a one for your pick. So why don't you talk about Bryce Harper and that's who you? Oh?
Speaker 3: I see, okay, yep, So Bryce Harper is kind of one of my last power speak guys. This isn't also we're doing OBP. So I really like this pick. It gives me a lot across the board.
Speaker 1: N all right, what's that?
Speaker 4: Well, shut, I know you're up. I'm just saying, Joe, I know I got one.
Speaker 1: I got one in the tank there. I just wanted Lauren to make sure she got her picks in there. So Bryce Parper goes and Garrett Cole, Mookie Betts, Corbyn Burns. I'm gonna go ahead and take Mike Trout. We got four outfielders, two utility We are playing with corner and middle infield in this one too. So now it's a question, do I want to go hit first base early to Freddy Freeman? Do I want to go for a pitcher? Do I want to go for Raffield Devers at third base? Third base is a wasteland, So give me Raffie Devers because I'm a big fan there. Now, I don't think Mike Trout's gonna steal a ton of bases. I don't think it's gonna be rebirth of the speed of my Trout, but I do think that there's a high motivation there. I think he realized his last few years have been really frustrating for not only him but fantasy owners as well. So Mike trout to me at one twelve, I will take the shot. After that, Walker Buhler goes team eleven, double dipping on the pitching team ten takes shoey Otani. Freddy Freeman goes nine. Lauren, you are up next on the clock here.
Speaker 3: So I've met Kyle Tucker. This is he goes kind of back to back with me with with Bryce Harper. I like the power Speed combo. You've got the obp there. I like at the top of the draft to try and get a lot of that power Elite Power Speed Combo because I think it helps you in the back game.
Speaker 1: I would agree that Surezer goes next, Lewis Robert After that, Welsh is up for two oh eight with Ozzie Albi still on the board and Jordan Alvarez my goodness, and your new best friend Manny Macha.
Speaker 4: I know, I see Manny up there. I was like, oh, you know, we're good friends.
Speaker 1: Now you guys play bridge together. I guess. So.
Speaker 4: One thing that does happen in these I think good and bad is it becomes a really big hyper focus when you have any type of OBP, whether you've replaced it or added it. And I think values get nuts and sometimes we you know, guys know, they get completely thrown down. And this is one of those instances where you look and Ozzy Alby's is not a big OBP guy, but he is such a good value. So I will acknowledge one thing I'm doing early on. I'm not doing the best job of pinpointing my OBP, but I'll try to pick that up a little bit later by getting values. Albi shouldn't have dropped to me down there, So I think we can get a little bit nuts to quality starts and OVP in these formats, especially that we just added. So that was a no brainer for me to take Ozzie.
Speaker 1: All right, get your other pick ready and queued up, because I know you're back on the clock already. Machado goes right after he's scorned by you. Brandon Woodruff, Starling Marte Jacob de Gram all the way at two twelve. My goodness, that is possibly a game changer than Aaron Judge starting off the third round three h two, Jordan Alvarez, Zach Wheeler, Shane Bieber go back to back. A little pitching run here for of the last six picks. Welsh, You're up next.
Speaker 4: Well, I am looking if I want to go power or do I want to go I don't. I'm gonna continue this. I've been doing this.
Speaker 1: Oh no, five seconds, make a choice.
Speaker 4: You know what we'll do this We're gonna take I just realized I have the entire Lanta Braids team. I didn't realize that for the first time. I have the entire Atlanta Braids team without concentration. But I need some big power in there, and I really need the Braves to do well apparently in the n L.
Speaker 1: Now hopefully can get John Smoltz later on.
Speaker 4: As you know what I was going to do. I was gonna take Wit Maryorfield, but I also took Ozzie to try to get big on speed simply because I'm gonna miss it a little bit early. So that was tough.
Speaker 1: I love how quick Lauren is on the trigger. Lauren's like you two Yoko shut up, like cued up, ready to go. So matt Olsen goes Urius, goes Tim Anderson, and then Lauren, who did you select?
Speaker 3: I did take Oscar Hernandez again power speed. I will say I don't love though. I've got three three outfielders in a row, and I feel.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I'd like to kind of get a little bit more mixed up in position wise, But I do like what he brings to the table, so we're rolling with that.
Speaker 1: I have a unique situation here where I could take Cedric Mowens and wit Merryfield and I feel like be very annoying. I feel like that's something I want to do here.
Speaker 4: I absolutely love that stuff. I think if you do that, I'm gonna If you do that, Chris Welsh might really love your draft at the end.
Speaker 1: Two thumbs Could I possibly get two thumbs up? I think it's possible. Well, after Ti Oscar went, we have Xander Bogart's, Aaron Nola sal Perez, Cedric Mullins to me, and you know what, my boy whit Meryfield Simeon's very tempting here too. But once again, those song bases are just hard to come by. I feel like I lock these two guys in here. I'm probably locking in fifty steals. That's a pretty good floor, and then I can't worry about everything else later. So Marcus Simeon goes directly after his team eleven, and that was building from the inside out. Trevor's story goes next. He doesn't have a home except on Team ten. Sandy al Contra Team nine. So Lauren Auerbach finally does take a picture. I am still holding out for one. We'll see. So who is the picture that went to your.
Speaker 3: Stat It's lance Lynn. I'm a big lance Lynn fan. I just think that he's he's durbable. He gives you those innings that you're looking for, and he plays on a great team. And I generally, actually I generally draft him a little bit sooner anyway. So I don't know if I didn't get a reach notification on that, but I think.
Speaker 1: No, no, you don't. You want to avoid those reach notifications. Believe me, they they throw these emojis at me. It's very upsetting. It hurts me.
Speaker 2: It throws me off though I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, you could have done this. You know, I know the draft wizard sometimes watching is watching my life and judging my decisions. Robbie Ray Team seven, Team six, Austin Riley, the Welsh, who did you select in the fourth round? Here?
Speaker 4: Lucas Giolito, Sir, I went with Lucas Giolito here because I needed a starting pitcher. And it's very interesting to see that the closers did start to go, and I was monitoring that situation as we had Hater and Hendrick.
Speaker 1: I was bummed. I was hoping you get Austin Riley. He went to pick before you and just kind of make it a whole race.
Speaker 4: I mean, I cannot believe that I did that.
Speaker 1: Gildo, you selected then Hendrix Peralta, my dude Hater, Francisco Lindor, then Wander Franco to start the fifth round. Goldschmid Alonzo O'Neill back to you, Welsh.
Speaker 4: All right, well, this I think is just too good of a value here. I am I in the pitchers. I don't like the pitching situation that is going on overall, which sometimes in instances like that, you know you should jump on it. But there's one offensive player that I think is too too enticing, and that's George Springer. So again not I'm not I'm not a heavy OBP team here, but I'm heavy all the other stats. I think I'm playing well in five categories. I can't win them all and I'm not going to overpay on OBP right now. And Springer in the fifth round is.
Speaker 1: Love it. You you got your one picture, you got your stud at the top. Gilido is a true ace no one. Aaronato goes directly after a team six. Then at five oh seven Alex Bregman tremendous value in the fifth round. Lauren auerback, you are up.
Speaker 3: I am. I'm going to go with Birios. I'm going to just double tap on some pictures there. And you know, I think that the the Blue Jays pictures get a little bit of bump up. Now that got you know, Matt Chapman powerhouse line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what you're looking for?
Speaker 1: Look, I think Barrios is a is a great selection there. And look now with let how do you feel about that, Lauren? Will you have like a stead of having that one turrace having the two one A guys and Lynnen Burrios? Do you like that strategy? I do.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it at all.
Speaker 3: And I think that you know, these guys sometimes drop a little bit because they aren't super big strikeout guys.
Speaker 2: But I you know, I don't have a problem.
Speaker 3: You know, I think that you can get some strike out guys later in the draft. I think, especially this season, I think that there are so many great arms and intriguing arms and high.
Speaker 2: Strikeout arms out there.
Speaker 3: So I'm but I like I like this, you know, I feel like this is a is a good anchor group for me.
Speaker 2: Though I like it.
Speaker 1: I agree I like it as well.
Speaker 4: You sat my soul there, Joe.
Speaker 1: That's right. Well, I'm going to do it a second time probably and actually I probably won't. I'm going to take somebody old as the hills. So after you took Burrios, Lauren Rand, euros Areine gos Katel, Martego's Aloijmenez at five eleven, then I took Joe Musgrove, and I think I'm gonna double tap the pitching here, especially as guys are dropping like flies. Everyone's shoulder hurts. It's the worst thing ever. So what I'm gonna do is take a guy and Joe Musgrove, who I believe in love the jump he made last year, I still see him as a one A, and I'm gonna take old man Charlie Morton. That's right, he's striking out two hundred guys and right now the draft stock is far too low for a player. I don't care how old he is. As long as he's still good, I don't care. And he's been good. JT. Real Muto goes Team eleven, then Team ten at the six oh three takes Corey Seeger. Nice potential value there. Rice Elglaci is at six oh four, Laura, and you're up at six oh five.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go just a big power bat with JD. Martinez.
Speaker 1: Oh lovely, that's it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: He's good at baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you somebody that that cares or doesn't care about like locking in a DH in having that person because I know some people like, oh, they don't like to do it. I'm always in the mind give me the good player, even if they are only DH eligible. How do you feel about that when you're yeah, I'm kind of on.
Speaker 2: The same page. I mean, it's you.
Speaker 3: It's a position that also you know, can get filled and depending on what your format is, I have no problem with it. And it's like, you know, I'm like, well, I need a little ooph in the in the power game, and so JD.
Speaker 2: Reynolds or JD. Martinez, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't I remember j R. Reynolds on the plot. Yeah, when I was a little, I was just a boy.
Speaker 2: It was just a lad.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gospin goes at six oh six. Welsh just misses on Byron Bucks and I can't imagine the profanity going on.
Speaker 4: I don't know if everybody heard. I just like the breath got knocked out, Like it's again, not an OVP guy, but one thousand percent my pick. So I've been a Welsh guy. He's I mean, he's one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Well, drink your two picks here because you're kind of back to back down.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So what I got here is I'm double tapping my closers every time I've done. I've mock draft more than maybe anybody this year between in this league and Fantasy Pros, and I've come to terms with my teams come out best when I have those early closers because of the bad situation that's going on with uh you know, rotations, and you've got places like the Cardinals that won't commit that takes Guya goes out. So I took Emmanuel class A, who I absolutely love, and then I came on the back end and I got Edwin Diaz. So I've got both of my closers with gi Aledo now in a pretty powerful Atlanta Braves offense. So I feel very good.
Speaker 1: All right. In between that was Max Freed, Nick Cassianos, Chris Bryant at six eleven, josel Twov at six twelve. We'll get to Lauren's pick in a second. We're gonna run through here. So Lauren, if you need to pick, go for it, or you did already. I'll look at that. Then Chris Sale starts seven oh one, Logan Web seven oh two, Jose Abrew Hovey bay As, Edwin Diaz to the Welsh, then Castillo Mondesi the team seven. Then Lauren, would you do?
Speaker 3: Chris started the closer Domino train, and so Presley I got pressed with Ryan Presley. He's kind of like the last, my last guy that I want to walk out of the sixth or seventh round with a closer that I feel really comfortable with.
Speaker 2: That will give me a ton of of saves.
Speaker 1: All right, very good. So after Ryan Presley goes and you have g and Carl Stanton, will Smith, Jure Palanco, I took Brian Reynolds seven twelve. Oh my goodness, I like this pick so much This makes me so excited to have Brian Rewls. Now do I want to take another starting pitcher? I do. I love this guy. So if this guy played in Boston and New York, he would be a rock star and people we talk about him all the time. There's two pictures I really like on the board, or I could just go a boring, closer route. I'm gonna take believe now, screw it, not this time last time I played your game. This time I'm not. Instead, I'm gonna take h Trevor Rodgers there from the Miami Marlins, because I do believe there's another gear in this guy we have not even seen yet. So now I got my rotation. I got some solid offense here, certainly got a fair amount of stolen bases to at least to start. Brandon low goes next at eight oh two, then Jack Flaherty eight oh three, Dylan Cees eight o four. Lauren, you're back up on the clock.
Speaker 3: Oh I am back up, Okay. I mean you know what, I'm annoyed that you took Brian Reynolds.
Speaker 1: I was thanking him, so I appreciate that it. Well, you did have a chance at him, Yeah, you could have passed on.
Speaker 2: Now, I couldn't have. I wouldn't have. Wouldn't have been good.
Speaker 1: She wants to win the draft. There's no friends, Yeah, no friends. So what did you end up going with?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I end up going with Jonathan India, who I love.
Speaker 3: If this is like one of the guys this season, call it a my guy sort of thing. You know, I loved his rookie season. I think he can contribute everywhere. I think he can push. Even though the Reds are have gutted their team, I think that they he can still push for one hundred runs, gives a little pop, gives a little speed.
Speaker 2: I think that he also has room to grow in his sophomore season. So I really like Jonathan India.
Speaker 1: Could not agree more. Huge fan of India. Montos Jazz chisholm you Darvish, and then Carlos Correa go next. After that, I'm sorry you. Darvish goes to the Welsh that's who took him an eight zero eight. Your thoughts on you, Darvish, and then your next pick to you Welsh.
Speaker 4: I've always a big you guy. He's my second pitcher in here with gi Alido. It's the buyback the I mean the Padres are going to need him more than I've ever need and they've got an insane rotation of guys out there. I will say I was really I in Carlos Redon and he went two picks before, so that broke my heart a little bit, but I was gonna double tap pitching. But I think there's an insane, insane good value here and I just saw him the other day at Mariners camp when I stopped over. It's Jesse Winker, Who's gonna be a good, decent obp guy for me. And Winker crushed a bomb, crushed a ball. It was one of the most ridiculous balls I've ever seen, as Julio did as well in a practice. I think he's primed for this team. Maybe he's not a thirty five, you know homer guy, if a little power suppression, but he's a big doubles guy. He's a big contact guy, and he's in the middle of a great lineup. So I think Winker was just too good of a value to pass up there. So that's where I went with the fifth pick in the ninth round.
Speaker 1: So after you Darvish Carlos Kore at eight oh nine, then Fran miil Reyes, Cody Bellingeraldest Chapman, who I almost took, but I passed on top Edmond Stars the ninth round, Christian Yeowich Rodin. As you were pointing out Mitch Hannigher, Jesse Winker, Alec Manoa, then Anthony Rendon nine oh seven, nine oh eight, you were on the clock, who'd you take there?
Speaker 2: I went with McClanahan.
Speaker 3: I was eyeing Alex Alex Manoa, but I wanted to get kind of a little bit of a like higher, higher strikeout picture. I really liked, you know, what we saw out of McLanahan last season. I think that he will improve this season, you know, if he can work on, you know, a little bit more command. But he's he's a high strikeout picture. It's Tampa Bay. He is, I think, going to be their their star of the future. And so it's McLanahan for me, all right.
Speaker 1: So after McClanahan, you got Er Snell, Melcastle, justin Verlander, and now at Verlander made it full transparency. I was really hoping he was going to make it to me. I would have easily taken him, but instead I will take Bobby Witt here with nine twelve. Got my options here. I'll stay on your lawn all day if I want toang it. Now, the question is do I want to finally ball and take a reliever? A little tricky here?
Speaker 2: Would you have one yere? Now?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, they're still out there.
Speaker 4: Well, there's still there's three good ones, and then it is going to plummet.
Speaker 1: It is gonna Yeah, I know I'm gonna take one of them. I'll take Will Smith just because I know you've cornered the market on braves. I'm gonna take one away from you. I did get the reach alert though. Here we go, there's the angry emoji like this looking at me in the eighty nine percent chant that well Smith would have made it. I know, I know, but I'm gonna do it anyway. I'm gonna live in the present. Austin Meadows goes ten o two. Then we got Jared Walsh teno three, Kyle Schwarber. Great value for another player. I was thinking about, Lauren, You're on the clock.
Speaker 2: For the Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was as debating between Vado and Josh Bell. I think this is kind of the sweet spot of first basements, and I'm targeting because there's a clump of guys there that I really like. Uh, but I ended up going with Josh Bell. Uh yeah, I think that, you know, I think you know, I mean, I think it's interesting, especially now that you have I think that you have Nelson Cruz, who will be batting I think right now in front of him, and you got soda in front of him. I think the NAT's lineup is okay, but it is kind of interesting. It's not the best, but it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I think, all right, next up after that, after Josh Belly got Nelson Cruz going, than Jordan Romano going another closer Welsh. You took Max Munsey here, so you're feeling confident about the health.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they said he would be ready. You get an extra little week that's at it on top of it, So that makes me feel a little bit better. Big power back. I want to Sharbert like super Bad. I get position flexibility with Muncie, and you know, we've had we just had multiple instances where they're not ignoring the conversation, they're talking about it. So if that's the case, I get to add Muncie on a team that I already have. Olsen and Albi's so he's more of just a flex corner guy with huge, huge power. So I feel fantastic about that pick. I don't feel fantastic but everything else, because you guys are just destroying the market here of good play.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens. What the wizard says, you concentrated your bick. I'm going to recap these next ones. Reese Hoskins ten oh nine, Dalton Varshow another Welsh favorite ten to ten, grondal At ten to eleven, DJ Lemayhew. Then Diego starts the eleventh round, Kenley, Jansen, Wilson, Contrare's Jake Coronworth, Clayton Kershaw to the Welsh, Yes, give.
Speaker 4: Me Kershaw, He's back. You can also see maybe I'm not giving the biggest focus on quality starts or OVP with the added edition, but I am targeting like really good players on really really good teams. Kershaw is just one of those guys that I may not get. Yeah, I may not get the two hundred innings out of, but he's gonna go deeper into games. He's gonna stack wins. So even if I lose out on quality starts, I'm gonna bring back the wins and you didn't take the wins away because this is six by six. I might have fit a little bit different if this was only quality starts, but I still get the wins. I love Kershaw back with the Dodgers. It's a no brainer, all right.
Speaker 1: So after Kershaw, Brendan Rodgers, who I had my eye on, goes. Then Pablo Lopez, Lauren, you're on the clock.
Speaker 3: I kind of double tapped on the first basement with CJ. Cron there.
Speaker 2: I just I just like it. You know, Crown in Colorado.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just like an easy see It's an easy power move for me, and he's not gonna kill you in batting average.
Speaker 1: Now I am gonna pay attention to obp. After CJ. Crown, Joel Mancata Tyler, Molly goes Joey Gallo. So I'm gonna take Joey Vado at the eleven twelve And I just got not one, not two, but three claps from the draft Wizard. Thank you, Joe.
Speaker 4: I had Voto on my board. One thing I think we all screwed up on and this is just the deficiency of this Sometimes we shouldn't have let Gallo be post one hundred. Well, no, I forgot. We didn't replace average with OBP. We just added we just said that added it. That does make him a little skewy. He's just one of those guys that's such an advantage in OBP. But he still hurt your average. But Vodo was almost the pick I was debating between Munsey and Vado. So I absolutely love your pick. It's a monster.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, my friend. I appreciate that. And I know he doesn't have a lot of friends to play with right now, he's not really hanging out with anybody, but right that was the thing. It's well now he's gonna walk a million times again too, because just don't pitch to Joey Vado, right, I mean, at the end of the day, it's time for just reaching. So I'm sure the regial arts coming here for me, but I don't care. I'm doing it anyway. So I'm gonna go ahead and take Michael Kopek here with twelve well one. I don't care where the innings are, how he gets them. I just want them on my team. Brian Hayes goes at twelve oh two. I don't know who just had a frustrated sound. Was that you Welsh.
Speaker 4: No, it's me. It's always me, apparently, Joe. If I'm not one of the analysts that doesn't loves your team at the end, I'd be shocked. I'd be shocked at he well going.
Speaker 1: I don't have enough closers for your taste would be mine. So Franberg Dansby Swanson, Lauren, you're on the clock twelve oh five? Where do you go?
Speaker 3: Chris Bassett, who is another target of mine always and I like the move also to New York for him, and he's just one of these I feel like underrated guys again. I mean, I still it's not like a super high strikeout move, but he's so consistent, he has low his era and you know, surface stats are just good and I just feel like he always goes.
Speaker 2: Under the radar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Basset. Bassett was the guy I was considering too, but I just went for the sexy upside. There Willia doms goes next than Shane bos Chris Welsh, what do you do? For twelve oh eight?
Speaker 4: I went for Nathany Evaldi. Sorry, I was scrolling through here as I'm making out my next pick.
Speaker 1: Was Walking Invitation.
Speaker 4: I wasn't sure I went I can't do a good impressions.
Speaker 1: I took him, Yeah, he had so many choices. Still they got yeah, so rich, all wrong, the wrong, careful, don't don't get auto picked.
Speaker 4: I'm not getting it well. I was focused on both of those pictures here. This is a tough spot because I don't love everybody, but we're going to do this. If I can get over there, I am going to I'm going to acknowledge a little bit of the Yankee bump. I need third base. I've kind of fallen off the table a little bit. I took Josh Donaldson right around one, you know, pick like one because I needed that third basement pretty bad. And that's just more big power for this team.
Speaker 1: All right, Moore, A big power for the Welsh. You can't get enough of it, Lauren. I know you're back up on the clock real quick. I'm just gonna recap after evolved these Sunny Gray, Zach Gowan, Justin Turner, Trent Grisham. Then at thirteen starting thirteen oh one, Chris Taylor, kellenick Manaiah Ian Anderson, Josh Donaldson to Welsh. Then Suzuki goes thirteen oh six, Miles Straw thirteen oh seven, Lauren thirteen oh eight, You're on the clock.
Speaker 2: So I went with Alex Perdugo.
Speaker 3: I like the average there, I like the will BEP, I like the runs.
Speaker 2: I like Alex Erdugo here.
Speaker 1: More, I need some power, according to the draft Wizard as I'm looking here, So do I try to just throw it all to a wall with Jorge Solaire? That's that's asking a lot Welsh. What do you think about that? Do you think that makes me crazy? Or you think I'm not well?
Speaker 4: I mean I'm not a big Jorgey Solaire guy right now?
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 4: There's some other power bats, I mean, like Hunter Renfro, like Hna Renfro is probably a power bat. I would rather go in there still be there. I'm not looking at the full boy guys, but I mean Avicel if you're willing to, you know, risk it a little bit. But Renfro is a big power guy. Grossman is still out there as well for power. Speed or a Selaier is not my uh, not my jam.
Speaker 1: At this point, but fair enough, fair enough now. I did have to make a panic pick there because I was running out of time. Too much multitasking here for me, so I did take care off with one of them because I like kirel Off anyway, So I was like, Okay, that's good because I was looking for Hunter Renfro couldn't find him. Now I find him, so I will. Let's see you.
Speaker 2: Certain about his wrists at all?
Speaker 4: Are now?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: K Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I mean I think I mean his his dad's a hitting coach. By the way, I interviewed Kiroloff a couple of years ago on the show Prospect One. His dad, I mean, his dad is a pretty accomplished hitting coach, and he's a really really smart, uh player that that risk injury that just takes longer to recover from. And I kind of depleted that first season carried over into the next one. So I love him. I think he's a completely underrated player. I love the guy. But you know, I mean, it's something to monitor, but it's not a long term worry for me at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is where my draft took a tank, So I'm just telling you right now. So Milanson went nine, then Lord Escuriel DoLS Garcia. I took kire Off. It was a player I like dual eligibility too. I took Renfro, gave me the region alert, so the Wizard and I are fighting again. Then Edward Rodriguez Way almost took I had I had my brothers, I would take in Rodriguez and Renfro, but I didn't. Rizzo goes next, Chapman goes after that, the newest member of the Toronto Blue Jays, because they just keep adding everybody. Lauren, you're on the clock from I know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I get a point where I don't I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Right now, we're in a range. I can tell you you're one hundred percent range right now.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to go Andrew Bennettendi, who I also have been getting in lots of drafts. I'd like him because he's underrated. He contributes everywhere, but not like exceptionally well in one area. And I think that that, you know, Royal's lineup is kind of sneaky and interesting this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree. That's also one of Welsh's guys, which is why you get another grunt out of Welsh. He's had a lot of Benettendee shares on the.
Speaker 4: Runs and moans and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we have Louis Garcia Houston off the board right before you whils you're up for fourteen oh eight.
Speaker 4: So when I was at Padres camp the other day, one of the pleasant sights was getting to watch a couple guys throw. It was Joe Musgrove and Mike Clevenger was out there looking healthy, looking spry and just pushing balls by Manny Machado in them. And I'm going to take Mike Clevenger. I think he looked healthy, which is a big key back with the team again wins. I'm going with Darvish and Levy and right around one sixty it's a pretty if it's a value, yeah, the things it's like eighty nine percent. He would have been there a little bit later, but I think he's between that one sixty one eighty mark. And I'm trying to pick up on stolen bases there, Joey.
Speaker 1: It's frustrating, isn't it when when it mocks you, when.
Speaker 2: The mocks a double mock, it makes it.
Speaker 1: Even Yeah, there's a lot of mocking going on there. So Clevenger goes. I like the Clevenger pick personally, So I don't here what the mock wizard says to you. Carlson jungjin Ryu, Logan, Gilbert Michael CONFORDO at fourteen twelve starting fifteen oh one, Michael Brantley, Marcus Stroman Glaber, Torres, Joe Adelle, Welsh you're backup on the clock with twenty seconds.
Speaker 4: I am backup on the clock needing to make a pick pretty pretty quick here. And I don't love, I know, really all of it. All right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna there is a draw with you. This is my this is my pushing to have fun this year everybody and play shallow leagues. It was like, oh, it's an all start team, so what it's fun. Fantasy is supposed to be fun. Everything doesn't have to be this challenge where you play two tight ends and twelve catchers and you have to make yourself miserable. I don't know why people do that to themselves. Damn it. Welsh yet took the guy that I wanted the most well done. So now we're evenings to Patrick said, talk about it.
Speaker 4: Talk about I'm just trying to stack up. You know, when watching some of my categories right now, I am dominant offensively and pitching, I'm doing okay, but wins in quality starts. It just doesn't like so Clevenger and Patrick Sandival sand offal breakout candidate, big strikeout candidate, just perfect for the back end of my rotation.
Speaker 1: All right, Next is Tyler Stevenson, Marcelo Zuna, Robbie Grossman. Then I'm sorry, Lauren.
Speaker 3: I'm also in this kind of like like mode of the draft, so I was like, well, I'm like, I get a little power, a little speed top of that Tigers lineup, which I like this season.
Speaker 2: So it's Robbie Grossman.
Speaker 1: All right. Robbie Grossman goes next, Then Trey Mancini Ranger Suarez. Luis Severino now puts me up on the clock for two picks. I hate this, but I'm gonna do it. I already have Charlie Morton, so I guess he needs somebody else on the ARP list with him. So we'll put Adam Wainwright, who experts say is a steal. But I mean, any chance of him repeating what he did last year is probably absolutely impossible, So I'm not even gonna I'm even gonna dignify that remark. Well, she was your favorite closer. Left of this bunch, you got Deval, kimberl Trinan Sodo Whitlock. Ah.
Speaker 4: See, this is a off spark spot here, because like, if Kimber gets traded, it's him. I might speculate Trinan has a job. See, Okay, it might be trying simply because I don't see how the Dodgers are going to bring back Kinley after the money they've spent, and he looks like he's lined in to be the closer. So I speculate on one of those two guys, and I probably go trying.
Speaker 1: You agree, Lauren tried where I was going? Yeah, I figured you know what. I was trying to hopefully steal another closer there, but instead I get the reach alert ninety chance that Blake trying would make it back to me. So there you go, everything going downhill.
Speaker 4: Closer, they're not ranking high.
Speaker 1: Hi France goes back to Tory Canabel after that, Kybert Ruiz, Lauren, you are on the.
Speaker 2: Carpe the clock.
Speaker 4: It's the worst. Like, I don't want to be.
Speaker 1: Stupid.
Speaker 2: What am I doing here?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna go with with Disco here with Tony Disco.
Speaker 1: Hey go Anthony Discofani sixteen oh five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I needed another picture here. I like him.
Speaker 3: I like what they're doing in San Francisco, although now, I mean, they're bringing in all these guys in San Francisco, and I think just like with this idea that it's like, well, we'll just kind of bring these like injury prone players in and we'll just rotate them because they're not all going to last the full season. And so I feel like that's what the strategy is right now.
Speaker 1: But it could work.
Speaker 3: You know, it could And you know, I'm buying Descefani's season last year. I don't know if he'll replicate it or anything, but I think that there's there's a lot of sweet sauce going over there out there in San Francisco with the Pictures.
Speaker 1: Team seven, just a Jack Lyder clearly building a dynasty team here. Brandon Belt then Welsh. You just took one of your absolute Welsh dudes here with the next pick at sixty to oh eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't even realize like how much I think I've made him my guy. But I took a med Rosario I've kind of highlighted as a breakout candidate power speed. You can never have enough speed on the team. He's my last outfielder, but he also qualifies as shortstop, which I did not get so I'm gonna put him at shortstop. At this point, I was looking at Brandon Crawford, but I just wanted a little bit more of a speed push just FYI.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough there. So after Rosario, kimberl Garcia, Louis Arius of the Milwaukee Brewers, and Ryan McMahon, Goo is nice value at sixteen twelve, seventeen oh one Toori schoobl Colton Wong, Eddie Rosario, Trevor Bauer at seventeen oh four, Welsh Who would you take at seventeen oh five Charlie Blackman.
Speaker 4: I went with Charlie Blackman to be my final outfielder. I've got now a Cunia Springer Winker and Charlie Blackman. Who's got Chris Bryan in there? Always betting on Colorado. I just think he's kind of a dally type of guy. Here. He's a deal and helps me a little bit in the OBP department.
Speaker 1: All right, So after that kill Bideo at Duardo Escobar, Jean Segura goes to Laura and Lauren talk about Gene Segur at seventeen oh eight.
Speaker 3: II ighting Sigura, you know he's kind of pump him in with like an Andrew Benattendi where he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Give you a production across the board with.
Speaker 3: Especially some sneaky runs, you know, leading off in Philly there, especially with you know, Kyle Schuer We're coming in, and he also, I don't you know, he's he's a good batting average play. I think he's got like a like a two to eighty five plus like career average average, so which is tough to get at this point when we are just after kind of pick two hundred. So I like him for lots of reasons.
Speaker 1: All Right, I like this next pick I'm gonna make here because it's obp and uh So I'm gonna go ahead and take Brandon Neimo and hope for once things actually go my way with this pick here. Uh So, Julio Rodriguez went after Lauren I gotta steal. How is the wizard like that that the wizard likes? Come on, my goodness, So after Sigura, Julio Rodriguez, Jake McGee, Bory Solaier, I took Jordan Montgomery, and Brandon Nimo took another starting pitcher. Again, just trying to take a good picture on a good team. I think Montgomery can get me thirteen wins with the Yankees. Took Neimo for the OBP. It seems like he's gonna play every day. From what we're here out of Mets Camp. Scott Barlow goes next at eighteen oh two, than Julie Guriel Juno Suarez at eighteen oh four. Lauren, you're on the clock for eighteen oh five.
Speaker 2: You know, John Means was sitting there for a really long time.
Speaker 3: I'm not like the biggest Means person, but I think that he does help you out and whip, and I think that he can. I don't know, I feel like he's just dropping a lot, and I don't know that he should be.
Speaker 4: So I was memes, yeah you snack, you know, I was one hundred there, I was going.
Speaker 1: So that's what I was just going to say. You know, Nick Pollock is very high on on John Beans, so I listened when Nick talks most of the time, unless he's talking about pancakes.
Speaker 4: I was talking about more heandcakes.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, yeah, gross uh Camillo Daval than Austin Hayes Welsh. You're up on the clock here for eighteen oh eight.
Speaker 4: I took Crawford. I needed at a middle infield spot that was open. I now got him, Ed Rosario and Crawford. Just if I'm playing the cheap shortstop game, which I am obviously that I thought those were really good options. I was going to go John Means, though, and then I figured that I was going to get one of these guys coming back here, and I got to decide, you know what, let's flip over here we go with Alex. Woods are always yeah, giants are always picking up wins. I get some striking gaps. It's just a it's a good final starting pitcher.
Speaker 1: For my that was my after After Crawford, you got Mitch Garverer Noelve, Marte ten or how Herman Marquez. Then in nineteen oh one, starting the nineteenth round, Hendrix Cindergard Torkosin, who I was hoping would make it back to me. It did not, but probably we sh would have taken him. Adlie Rutchman. Then you took would Alex Cobb, Brennan, Davis, Lauren. You are up next on the clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it all hurts right now. We're all just like guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, see here, I.
Speaker 4: Don't see a lot of good players anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm gonna I'm going to round my pitching staff out here with.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do Stephen Mattz just because I think that he is this extremely you.
Speaker 2: Know ground ball.
Speaker 3: I like that pic pitcher, and he's he's got the leagu's number one defense behind him.
Speaker 2: I think, just I don't know, rounding the staff out with Matt.
Speaker 1: I like the Matts pick. I think it's terrific. I can't believe this guy's still out there, and I love taking a shot on him as another guy that the pictureless guys we had a nice long discussion about. So I'm gonna go ahead and take John Gray and see if just getting out of Colorado is enough to get it done. So after Lauren took Matts, your Cudie goes Frank Schwindelle Ramon Loriano, and then I took John Gray. So I have another pick up here right now in terms of my needs on my roster, I have a utility spot in the middle endfield spot opened. I'm gonna leave that utility spot open here. Probably Scope was the guy that I was looking at, and I think that's the way that I'm going to go, just kind of lock in some extra power there. It's cheap. He goes into the middle infield spot for me. So I'm actually very happy with Gray. I'm bouncing back a little bit after a couple tough rounds. Nineteen to twenty finally went my way. George Kirby, My goodness, so much youth here in this draft. It just shows you once you get deep, you gotta start taking off the raids. They're going off the real Adam Duval, Joe Ryan one of Aero Cohen's favorites. Here from the show, Lauren, You're up on the clock at twenty.
Speaker 3: Five, I went with Kicky Hernandez. I think you get it. Some pop there, you get it.
Speaker 2: Tons of you know runs, So it's Kiki hit this point for me.
Speaker 1: Kiki Hernandez Ian happ David Bedner goes next, Well, you're up for twelve oh eight? Might I get years ago twelve?
Speaker 4: How did I get up again? All right, there's no good hitters. I don't need any pictures. And again the hitters are atrocious. So I am going to go with the potential Mets leadoff hitter. I got two U tail spots. I can take whoever I want. I'm gonna go with Kanna help me and run.
Speaker 1: Oh that's my selection there.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: Put him at the top, and and I'm gonna come back up and I think all I have is one Utah and a catcher. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, after Conna, you got Darnault Volpi, Carlos Carrasco, who I was kind of keeping around there, Savali starts twenty one and Anniol Cruz, Taylor Rogers Christian Haave are another one of my favorite late round picks going at twenty one oh four. So while You're up at twenty one oh.
Speaker 4: Five, so I'm trying to find you know what we're gonna Okay, I was going to do this. Everyone knows. I tweeted out that Andrew Vaughn stuff last week where he was earlier in the week where he was playing second base, and that was interesting. Not that I'm gonna make that make me pivot off of him, but I'm gonna go with because I think he might be one of the better options on the board. But I'm gonna go with the little homer of a pick. I think go with Diamondbacks Josh Rojas, who is going to be at the top of the order for the Diamondbacks. He's positioned eligible across everything. He's power speed. It's just a good complimentary player for this team, assuming I'm not trying to chase any more power.
Speaker 1: I almost selected him when I took Scope, but I took the power for scope, so I like that pick. Christian Vasquez goes next. Lou Trevino goes after that, Lauren, you're up for twenty one oh eight.
Speaker 2: I am my computer is getting a wheel here.
Speaker 1: But well, you made who did I pick? It? Says Nicki Lopez? Is that who you wanted?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm fine, I was okay, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm okay. You know, you get some steals there.
Speaker 3: I do think people are a little weary of him, just because they I don't know if they can buy into last season. But he does have good kind of quality of contact stats, and so that's good. So I think that he can maintain a batting average and get some steals. I can make a case for Nicky Lopez that works.
Speaker 4: That's fine, all right.
Speaker 1: I think I need a little bit more just power in the middle. Here is more RBI. So looking at I'm gonna go take a shot on the Bobby Doll back and see what's going on there. See if that works.
Speaker 2: He had a good day yesterday.
Speaker 1: Well let's hope that he has a good season for this mock draft theoretical team that I'm putting together here, catchers left because I gotta get a catcher because last round, you know me, I wait to the end, especially one catcher league. So it's Kirk, it's Elias Diaz's Sean Murphy. I don't want to take Gary Sanchez to Minnesota, as tempting as that might be, So I'll go ahead and I'll keep it simple with Murphy. He's the last man standing. I assume he's the cleanup hitter now considering what's going on there. So just to once again recap, so after Lauren was Nikki Lopez, just McKenzie goes next, Gregory Soto, Drew Rasmision, Bobby doll Back, and Sean Murphy. To me, last round, Oscar, you know a great last round pick there, Josh Young. Interesting selection there is gonna miss a lot of time. Adam Frazier a nice late selection. Then Lauren, you took your catcher who I.
Speaker 3: Took Oz, who's always like one of my like last catcher picks in one catcher leaguees because you get some average you have a little bit of pop, but it's mostly the average play.
Speaker 1: All right, Gary Sanchez goes next. You say, Kokuchi, that's a good pick at twenty two. Like that Welsh, you're up on the clock twenty two eight.
Speaker 4: I was gonna take Gary Sanchez regardless of what you said. I would have taken him with the big power in dhing, but he went two bicks before me. So I took Carson Kelly. That was him, or Max Stacey or kind of like my back end catchers. So I just went with Carson Kelly.
Speaker 1: All right, So the draft grades are out.
Speaker 3: I tell A I did not do well. I have third base open, which I thought I had covered third base, so.
Speaker 1: I had got to somebody around. Maybe you know why I blame Y.
Speaker 4: And Lopez did it again?
Speaker 1: NICKI, God, well, look you have an incomplete I've got the eighty six out of one hundred with the b Welsh, how did you end out?
Speaker 4: Do you want to know?
Speaker 1: Is it a plus plus plus?
Speaker 4: You all want to know a plus ninety nine out of one hundred. Let's wait to see the time. I'm so excited for the projection.
Speaker 1: Wonder.
Speaker 4: I wonder if I will love my own draft the most.
Speaker 1: Of t O. I love you some you right, I.
Speaker 4: Am loving me well, loving me some me today too.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you did win the draft, so Christopher Wells ninety nine. What a score? Team one had a ninety team eleven and ninety. I am at five with eighty seven, Lauren at seventy six. But again the third base thing, I'm gonna pretend like it's more like an eighty four four.
Speaker 3: Well you can, but I'll take the grade that I got. Yeah, I'm okay with that all right now.
Speaker 1: In terms of who liked your draft, Welsh, go ahead. Did you like your draft the most?
Speaker 4: The expert that liked my draft the most was Chris Welsh. The fantasy pros love. I love my own wealth, my own drafts, is it?
Speaker 1: The Welsh?
Speaker 4: I love my own drafts so much? I mean, let's be let's be clear, though, Can you be more locked into your own takes and not like I'm not faking here, Like I out my ranks here, I drafted it out. Not only did I love my draft more than anybody else, which is ridiculous, ninety nine out of one hundred, baby, just making a point. No big deal, No big deal, Joe.
Speaker 1: All right, well, it says that what if for me? And again I love the draft insights, so after your draft is over, it gives you all the draft insights. A top player I took was Devers because he's a top three at their position, but says, what if if I had taken Kyle Tucker, then I could have taken a third basement later and it says I would have been significantly higher, which is something that was a goal of mine, especially in college, to always get that. But Lauren, you ended up taking Tucker instead. What does your draft insight say? Going to give you your reaches? Did it give your what ifs? What are some of the things you thought were interesting here?
Speaker 3: Well, so my top players are Bryce Harper and Jad Martinez, but my what if was Nick Cassianos and had I drafted him instead of a picture, I would have been significantly higher. It says that I'm you know, I should be rooting for the Red Sox in this one because I have a ton of Red Sox. And in terms of Steele's, you know, Jean Segura, John means we talked about you know, both of those guys. I like them both, you know, as these kind of later round players and I read I guess, oh yeah, I did reach on Stephen Matt's.
Speaker 1: But I you know what, though, I like that reach on Stephen Matts. Okay, I feel like that's that's a guy who you know, left these sometimes figured out later. He's a good spot there with Saint Louis, good support around him, good defensive team too. Why not take him theirs? I see. I think that's silly. I don't think that's a reach at all. Thank you, Jo.
Speaker 3: And it says that I project to be top four and OBP, which is good, QS, which is good.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the six by six here and the best in average. And Frank Stample of CBS likes my draft.
Speaker 1: Oh well, then it must be very good. Frank Stample likes it. Frankie Boy was on the show earlier this week. My reaches were Michael Kopek and Brandon Nimo, which I'm at piece with. I'm fine with that. Those are my reaches. Well, who are your reach in your I.
Speaker 4: Only had one and it said Emmanuel Class just didn't like my closer thing.
Speaker 3: That's fine, right, I mean, I feel like you're always reaching for the for the closers.
Speaker 2: It's like you take that every day.
Speaker 1: Well, it said Will Smith was a reach for me, like you got to reach for any closer. I feel like at this point, yeah.
Speaker 4: I agree. It's funny too. It has as my what if it says, what if you drafted Vlad you could have scored significantly higher? Hey, I scored a ninety nine? How much higher can I go? So that what if is pretty fun Joe, by the way, also taking a look here my positional ranks number one overall, number one in starters, number four and hitters, and we get it.
Speaker 1: It was good, it was good, It was goody good, it was pretty good.
Speaker 2: And who said it was the best ever? Mind?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this really really smart guy name Christopher Welsh.
Speaker 1: Okay, no relation, no relation, of course, no relation an expert opinions though, Well, she's want to tell you people who liked my draft? Me I did, Joe? Guys again, brand Scott White from CBS, of course likes my draft. To Scott and I always see players the same way. But you know what else like my draft?
Speaker 4: Welsh?
Speaker 1: Scott Bogman's Yeah.
Speaker 4: You and Scott Bogman are your love affair.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at who hated my draft? Nate Markham hated my draft. A couple other he Caps hated my draft. Chris Clegg hated my draft. So Chris, what did they do to you? I like you, Chris.
Speaker 2: Braves.
Speaker 1: I guess on expert opinions just out of curiosity, morbid curiosity most likely who liked your draft and didn't like it? Lauren?
Speaker 2: Let me see here?
Speaker 3: Okay, So so Frank was like the number one, oh thumbs oh and like Pat Pat fits more so, that's that's good.
Speaker 1: Oh Pat likes it. It's good?
Speaker 3: Ye? Yeah, so those are good? Did you want me to like list all of these people here?
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's anybody fun like if well liked it or someone you know, and the expert opinions sometimes sometimes it's fun something in friends of the industry who like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thumbs down. Uh, Scott Pianowski. Scott Panowski does not paying draft.
Speaker 3: He did not like my Bryce Harbor pick or my Ryan Presley pick or like what Scott?
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, Scott, give her, give her a break. Scott, come on, all right, let's run through the teams here, Welsh, take us through your squad here. Let's start with Carson Kelly matt Olsen, Ozzy Albi's Brandon Crawford, Josh Donalson, Max Muncia, mid Rosario, Than in the outfield, Rondikudia, George Springer, Winker, Blackman, Conna Rojas. I'm a little worried about Winker. I gotta tell you, let's talk about the offense. Are you worried about him moving to Seattle?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: No, I said, I'm not. I mean, like, we can talk about power suppression. But the biggest thing with Winker has always been, and this might be everyone else's take was like can he hit for power? And he's not built to be a forty home run type of a hitter, so I'm not sure we're going to have major power suppression. He goes into a little bit worse of a park, which is going to play in half the time. He makes incredibly, incredibly good contact, There's a lot of good run support around him. I think this is good. Maybe he ticks down a little bit in power, but I think the batting we're just gonna hold up, and this might be more run in RBI than we've seen in Cincinnati. So I'm not that worried. Plus, you know, it was one little small look but looked awesome yesterday. He just looked awesome in those backfields. I mean he looks like the pros pro of hitters.
Speaker 1: It's a very good team, Welsh. I mean, I gotta be honest with I'll look at it right now.
Speaker 4: And the pitching staff you like on the strength go on my five Pianowski actually liked mine. He was one of mine, and you were one of my, like my team guys on the.
Speaker 1: Experts, Yeah, Gilito, Darvish, Kershaw, Avaldi. I love the Clevenger pick. I love the Santaval pick, would Edwin Diaz Casse. I mean that that's a good that's a good staff right there. I'd go to war with that. Lauren. Uh, you got Darvayez a catcher, c J. Crown India, Nikki Lopez? Who do you want to take at their base?
Speaker 2: Who should anyone?
Speaker 4: Maybe in Toronto?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 3: I mean you know what, though, like I was looking, I had written down like that the categories. Apparently I cannot write down properly because I missed the third base thing. And then I had like two extra I had like Ben and Tendy, who I love, but he didn't fit anywhere, and neither the Kiki Hernandez, So I somehow wrote something down wrong, and I think this contributed to my score.
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting here with a blank third baseman.
Speaker 1: You just make a trade. It's fine, Josh Bell jeans Ager. I like the Ben Attendi pick. And of course in the outfield loaded Harper, Tucker, Tiascar, Hernandez, jad Martinez, verdugo E Grossman from an offensive standpoint third base joking Lee Aside, I mean this dog will hunt as far as I'm concerned. How do you feel about this massive outfield you got here?
Speaker 3: I like it, you know, I was saying I didn't really love because I think those were like my one through four, one through three picks, just getting picking up outfielders.
Speaker 2: But you know it plays.
Speaker 3: I'll take it because they're all really good power speed combo guys.
Speaker 1: All right. And then after that the rotation is lance Lynn, Barrios, McClanahan, Chris Bassett, John Means, if means gets right, this is a really solid staff because these are guys who are gonna go out there, take the ball before day and just give you a good quality starts. And that's why you're leading quality starts. And some doubt about it. DeSclafani, Stephen Matts, Ryan Presley in there as well. So I like this team. So Key Key Hernandez, Andrew Benintendi on the bench, Keeky can play third base, tell them to grab it?
Speaker 2: Sure? Why not?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah, all right, let's let's let's pick this one apart Sean Murphy, Joey Vado, wit Meryfield, Bobby Wit, Junior, Raffield Devers, Alex Kirilov, Jonathan Scope and the outfield Mike Trout, Cedric Mullins, Brian Reynolds, Hunter Renfro, Bobby Zawback, Brandon and Nimo Welsh. What are your thoughts on the offense here for Joey P.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I thought, like you got You've got power bats that I don't usually chase, and chase guys like doll Back and Renfro to.
Speaker 1: Make up for I was behind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, and I get that. I just I don't love to play that game, so I try to be cognizant. I hate to play the behind game. But like I love the core of this team. I love the stolen bases that you have with Wit, I love the pick. Trout is just such a monster for OBP. I mean, you're dominant with stolen bases, you've got great batting average, you're probably playing well in to you, but then it's like the guys like the Dollback and Renfro maybe bring you down a little bit. But I think this is a really, really great offense and I'm very much in for two dominant stolen bass guys. And you did that with Mullins and Wit.
Speaker 1: Joe Musgrove, Charlie Morton, Trevor Rodgers, Michael Kopek, Adam Wainwright, Jordan Montgomery, John Gray, will Smith and Blake Trying. And what are your thoughts on the pitching staff here, Lauren, that I have assembled for this mock draft.
Speaker 2: I love it. I like it a lot. You know, I'm you.
Speaker 1: Hate it Tuesday for the fest.
Speaker 2: I do like it.
Speaker 3: I think I'm a big Charlie Morton fan and Muscrove fan and Trevor Rodgers. I think is going to have a really fabulous, fabulous year this this season.
Speaker 2: I don't know where did you get When did you get Waynwright?
Speaker 1: Do you know like late?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I'm curious to see what happens with with Wayne this season. But I think that if it was late is, you know, as long as you know, like you weren't paying for I think last season, I think it's it's totally fine, but I have no idea what's gonna happen with him this season.
Speaker 1: And I like the Jordan Montgomery pick and I think that fifteen okay good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then that's yeah, I think that's good.
Speaker 1: Believe me. He scares the crap o me, so it's okay.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean, I just it's like, I'm curious to see what happens. And I think John Gray, I think we're all looking forward to seeing, like what's happening with John Gray, you know, once he's out of Colorado. And I do think that that Texas rotation is kind of interesting, although I guess they did recently bring in some new pieces, so I don't know how it will ultimately turn out.
Speaker 2: But like with Dane Dunning and you have Nick Martinez, they just brought it. I love Spencer Howard this this season.
Speaker 1: They've got talent. This does a matter of can they harness it? And I gotta say I saw John Gray interviewed on MLB Network. I don't know why Welsh wasn't doing this interview, but they were interviewing John Gray from from the camp, and he just seemed like it's such a good spe like He's like, it just gets feel like this weight was lifted off of the guy. And I'm just curious mentally how that affects him potentially.
Speaker 3: I think, I mean, did you see that he came to camp? You know how like with your kids, you can have like the chalkboard that says my.
Speaker 1: Name is Oh, yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually, yeah, it was so funny. I talked to him for a little bit. I was there on that day. He is one of the nicest guys on the planet. So when I saw that, I was like, oh, that makes sense because he's just such a nice guy. By the way, I just want to throw this in breaking news. Luke Voight was just traded to the Padres, So throwing this.
Speaker 1: In here interesting. Luke Voyd to the Padres so there.
Speaker 2: He needed to get out of out of the Yankees.
Speaker 1: This is why you get the news desk, AAP of fantasy pros. You know exactly what's going on. That's how Chris learns everything about his life, about baseball, football, everything. It's all there. And Lauren's gonna come back and join us on Tuesday because we've got the Fantasy Fest coming up Tuesday six to ten pm Eastern. We're gonna have mock drafts. We're gonna have fun. Lauren's gonna be their Welsh bogmin Nick Pollock's gonna join us, Frank Stample gonna join us, Casey Bubba's gonna join us. It's a who's who. It's gonna be a fun time. So if you want to just sit back and listen and watch on our YouTube channel at Fantasypros dot com again, you can go check out YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB to get our baseball fest on. It's gonna be great fun. We love interacting with everybody on there too, so you can go make your comments if you like, and I encourage everybody out there to go to Fantasypros dot com slash Draft Wizard and do your own mock drafts and get ready. This is the time of year. It's time to get everything rocking and rolling, and make sure you get all that together and subscribe to our YouTube channel, YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB leading off every day for you, for you. The Welsh myself a host of characters are gonna bring a yeah for you, for all of us, we're the most fun you can have for a half hour every day just talking about baseball. We're gonna talk about fantasy stuff. We're gonna do our home run contest again, We're gonna do dfs, We're gonna do a little wagering stuff. It's just gonna be water wall half hour fun in baseball and it's live have every single day on YouTube, five days a week on weekdays. We want you to be a part of Leading Off, so go subscribe wherever you get your podcast right now as well. Lauren, thanks so much. It's so nice to have new friends in the industry. Laura a great job on sp streamer. You're welcome and make sure you go follow her at LK hour back over on the Twitter machine. So your first Fantasy pro show, how to go for you? Feeling okay?
Speaker 2: That's good. I'm happy to be coming back.
Speaker 3: It was great. You guys are great hosts. You felt very comfortable and it was fun.
Speaker 2: It was all good. Thumb two thumbs up.
Speaker 1: See Welsh, we are fun, no matter what my mom's told you.
Speaker 4: So much fun, so much fun.
Speaker 1: That's what we will have lots of follow Welsh on Twitter for more pictures of Manny Machado at is it the Welsh as well? Maybe you can get some other.
Speaker 4: Should I take a picture with today? Should I try to get my Should I try to get Bobby with. I'll try to get Bobby, try and get Bobby with.
Speaker 1: But I want you to also continue this trail of.
Speaker 2: Getting Nicky Lopez. You know what.
Speaker 4: I've talked with Nikki before. I will try to get you know what. We're gonna go for Nicky little piss. Also for my in this league crew. We'll try to get out of Berto as well. We'll try to see if we can get some pictures.
Speaker 1: I watch you miserable guys in baseball to smile. That's what because you did. But shadoh that's great. I'll want you to do it.
Speaker 4: Does Modessy smile?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. He's always on the eye l I never see him nick that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Lauren and Welsh. I'm Joey b. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 4: Be peace.