Speaker 1: Welcome back. I'm Dale Alli. He is Matt Williamson, and we're going over Bill Barmwell's list of best skill position guys for each NFL team, and we've gotten down to number fourteen. Here just to run you through the list here real quick to get to catch up to speed if you didn't listen to the previous segment. At number thirty or I'm sorry thirty two. The Houston Texans at number thirty one, the Carolina Panthers at number thirty, the Arizona Cardinals twenty nine, the Tennessee Titans twenty eight, the Green Bay Packers, by the way, Steelers play a bunch of these teams at the bottom of this list at twenty seven, the New York Giants at twenty six, the New England Patriots at twenty five, the Indianapolis Colts at twenty four, of the Denver Broncos twenty three, the Los Angeles Rams twenty two, of the New York Jets twenty one, the Washington Commanders at twenty, the Buffalo Bills nineteen, the Kansas City Chiefs eighteen, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers seventeen, the Chicago Bears sixteen, the Detroit Lions fifteen the Baltimore Ravens, and that takes us the team number fourteen. They were nineteenth going into twenty twenty one. They were twenty first going into twenty twenty two. That would be your New Orleans Saints at fourteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I was thinking about this one for a while because if the Jets were like twenty two or something like that, and let's just say a Lave and Wilson cancel each other out, maybe one of you out there likes one more than the other. I think they're both really, really good. I don't think the Jets supporting cast over the rest of the Saints supporting cast, especially with the Kamara potential.
Speaker 1: There's no but the potential suspension is not a suspension as of yet. I know, I know, and given the ways the league does things, I don't know if he's going to get suspended or not. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I thought that would happen by now and it hit. I'm Michael Thomas for a lot of snaps.
Speaker 1: But Rashid Rahika, Rashid Shaheed is good. Yeah. When he when he went into the starting lineup in week thirteen, he had twenty After that point, on from that point on. So you're talking five weeks, twenty catches for three and twenty four yards in a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad you brought him up because I don't think most people look at the Saints receivers this way, but I think a Lave and Shaheed are the starters. I mean one because they're they're they're the most viable guys.
Speaker 1: Uh. Juwan Johnson had forty two catches and seven touchdowns last year.
Speaker 2: He's a sneaky dude too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean they've got some. They got some, and you're you know, Kamara's good. Jamal Williams had seventeen touchdowns for the Lions last year. Is he going to do that again? Probably not, but he's a solid number two back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well they drafted a third round back too, and Kendrick So yeah, they're very similar to the Jets.
Speaker 1: Well, I would add the Jets higher than the Ravens.
Speaker 2: But how were the Jets higher than they were? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, at thirteen, they were fifteenth. Going into twenty twenty one, they were twelfth. In twenty twenty two, they are thirteenth this year.
Speaker 2: The Pittsburgh Steelers consistent, right, there outside the top ten, but not far. I think that's probably about right. You know, we'll talk about the teams around them. Of course. I don't think there's a superstar in the group, but I don't think there's a weakness in the group. I mean, we talk about this to no end. The five skill guys that they can trot out there now in any combination, you like, it's gonna be hard to play against.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Deontay Johnson in his first three seasons had two hundred and fifty four catches and scored twenty touchdowns. Everybody wants to focus on Deontay Johnson not scoring a touchdown last year, Day Johnson. Let me say it again, in his first three seasons, Deontay Johnson had twenty touchdown catches. That wasn't a Deontay Johnson thing last year. That was a that was a Steelers offense thing. Last year. They only had eleven touchdown passes as a team. You know that could he have caught one? Sure?
Speaker 2: Like, numbers are all really good except.
Speaker 1: Except for touchdowns, right, I mean that that's it. That's the Steelers across the board. Last year, all the receivers numbers. You know when you looked at the numbers, we're okay. And you know, if you put your finger over the touchdown numbers, you say, oh, that was they had pretty good season. And then you pick your finger up because, oh, he didn't score a touchdown or he only had one where that guy had two. Like that that they're gonna score more touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, particularly through the air than they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about this. How about this stat for George Pickens George Pickens expected catch rate last year? Do you what it was? No, fifty one point four percent. He caught sixty one point nine percent of his passes.
Speaker 2: That's a really good sign.
Speaker 1: He was ten He was ten percentage points above what his catch rate should have been.
Speaker 2: Okay, So to explain that to people, sometimes that means your quarterback, you know, like Kyle Pitts is probably the top of that list too, because quarterback missed him over and over and over.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the list of guys, okay, who have run five hundred roots in a season and had a catch rate of ten percentage points better than expected. This is in the next gen era, So this goes back a little bit. It's Doug Baldwin, Stephan Diggs, Pierre Garson, which tells you it does go back quite a ways and he.
Speaker 2: Had some good years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, DeAndre Hopkins, Tyler Lockett, and Michael Thomas. Michael Michael Thomas did it three times.
Speaker 2: Wow, so not. I hope people don't misunderstrue what I'm saying. Like Kyle Pitts and Drake London had awful quarterback accuracy, so they should have caught more passes in and I know how they do it is like if they've simulated a million times, you should catch would you say fifty one percent of his passes and he caught sixty one. So some of those guys, like Michael Thomas was get catching the ball from Drew Brees, but the way next gen does it or Deangre Hawkins is a perfect example. Those guys apply more pickens than his quarterbacks stunk in that most receivers won't catch a ball when X defender is six inches off your left shoulder, right right right, that type of stuff, you know, like where Hopkins is awesome at that. You know Thomas's slants shielding guys and contested situation. So that's a pickens like number that totally adds up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So thirteen. Not bad there, you know, we'll see. I think they have some strong possibilities here this year for this offense.
Speaker 2: They are on offense, you think that this group is still ascending, although they were but twelfth and fifteenth the last two years too. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean if they play, so if they play like the thirteenth best skill position unit in the league this year, and Kenny Pickett takes a step forward right again, you start you start scoring better, and yeah, start scoring more in the red zone. He throws again, say he throws, he doubled it. Well, he should double his touchdown production. Only hit seven last year. Let's say he he gets to twenty plus this year. Now, all of a sudden, you're looking at that skill position group a little bit differently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that there's a star in the group. I don't think there's a star right now. I mean the Kelsey tops Stiggs Pickens could be this time next year, could be in the Andrews conversation this time next year.
Speaker 1: But I let you if you've got if you're five solid guys to me, and this is this list shows that because we talked about it with Kelsey, talked about it with some of these other teams. They have one star and a bunch of guys. I'd think I'd rather have the five good play. I'd rather have the five B pluses than one A plus and five C or four C minuses.
Speaker 2: I tend to agree less so than an O line secondary those two positions. I really want no holes because you know, an uncoverable guy has a ton of value. Where you know a corner have a d on, you just don't throw at them. You know where the offense can dictate things. But I'm with you. I mean, I would much rather have these groups than the Chiefs or Rams or the Bills. I mean, a guy that's a true stud in a lot of question marks.
Speaker 1: Right now, I mean, right now, if I'm looking at the Steelers offensively, you're if you're just looking at the five guys you're gonna put on the field on a regular basis. Your worst guy's Alan Robinson.
Speaker 2: And there's backup plans.
Speaker 1: And there's backup plans there. Your second worst guy's Nasie Harris. It's pretty you know, a solid NFL running back to those top three guys are all okay, yeah, to win with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course, We're going to talk Steelers to no end, and people have heard us talk this conversation. But I've been in Barnwell shoes where I'm ranking national stuff. I mean, you're not going to put a ton of faith in Warren and Austin and Hayward.
Speaker 1: Right, they're not even in the conversation, right, They're not.
Speaker 2: Even the conversation, and nor should they be. That know where he doesn't have to write an extra ten thousand words just so we can talk about Connor Hayward for every team. But I really like their death guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at twelve they were fourth in twenty twenty one. I have no idea how they were fourth on this list in twenty twenty one. Well, I again, I know how and why. But they shouldn't have been there. In twenty twenty two they were twenty third. Wow, this year there twelveth the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 2: They must have been super high when they thought Beckham was gonna be well.
Speaker 1: When people still thought Odell Beckham was good, when people thought when people thought Jarvis Landry was still good.
Speaker 2: Right, Hunt and Chubb, Yeah, I love Chubb. I mean I think he's maybe the best running back of the line.
Speaker 1: I think he's I think he's a great running back. But as Bill said, the running backs don't matter as much in this equation. They don't factor in quite as heavily.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't trade the Steelers group for the Browns group.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's you know, it's Amari Cooper and some unproven stuff. Much as much as I like Elijah Moore, he hadn't really done anything in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm inn Djoku guy, but I prefer Friar Mooth. Yeah, I mean I love Elijah Moore, but he hasn't done much. People's Jones some possibilities. Tillman's a nice draft pick for them. I think Cooper is one of the more overrated players in the league though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not getting any younger and his cold weather splits are a real thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean, they wouldn't be far off of twelve for me, but I would have the Steelers ahead of them at number eleven.
Speaker 1: They were twenty second and twenty twenty one. They were number two going into last year. They're now number eleven.
Speaker 2: The Raiders, Oh that rubs me wrong a little.
Speaker 1: That's rough.
Speaker 2: Jacobs is coming off an awesome year, but he's a running back. Yeah, and he's a running back.
Speaker 1: DeVante Adams is still DeVante Adams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's awesome, no doubt. But Renfro has definitely stock has gone down considerably that Yeah, this time last year, Waller's not there. They drafted Mayor, but he tight end. I can't put a lot of credent in. I mean, they wouldn't be twenty, but I think they're more like fifteen.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jakobe Myers is a nice you could play. Yeah, but yeah, interesting they would fall that far. I guess, you know, not having Waller there. Money Renfro was money. Renfro two years ago. Was not last year.
Speaker 2: Last year, I'm not sure he'll be last a season there.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one's a little m At number ten. They were twenty third and twenty twenty one, they were twenty seventh in twenty twenty two. They're at number ten this year. The Atlanta Falcons. Oh, I can't put I can't put the I can't put the Falcons ahead of the Steelers. No.
Speaker 2: I sort of did it, but that's putting the card above the before the horse. You know, like if next time, if next year you're like, oh, at this time next year, that could very well be the case.
Speaker 1: They have two, they have three top ten draft picks at skill position players.
Speaker 2: Yes, but then anything yet, then the numbers aren't great. Then you know one of them is a running back transcendent. When I get that, blah blah blah and spot four and five of their skill guys aren't great. I mean it's a three, three man show. I love London, I love Pitts, I love bijonn.
Speaker 1: Mac Collins is your number three. Yeah, you know, Johnny Smith's your backup tight like yuck.
Speaker 2: So I about trying to get a rise out of people. But if the Falcons called me and said, I'll give you Pits or London for anyone on your offensive five, I would say yes, not by leaps and bounds. I'd like those guys that much, and I know they're unproven. But now we're getting into mac Collins's you know what I mean? Right? Yeah, as I mentioned, aren't Kelsey and cup Well.
Speaker 1: Here's how he justifies this. He said, if you gave London the five hundred and seventy three routes that Garrett Wilson ran for the Jets last year, as opposed to the three hundred and seventy nine he ran with the Falcons, his numbers pro rate to one hundred and nine catches for one thousand, three hundred and nine receiving yards.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean they were heavy running first team, and I think London's really, really good. Yeah, he's one of the only rookie receivers I would trade pickings for today.
Speaker 1: Pitt's catch rate, however, last year, dropped below fifty percent. Below fifty percent. Yeah, that's awful.
Speaker 2: I mean, and again that's because I mean the uncatchable balls from the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're talking. We're talking about a tight end here who was six six? How do you overthrow that with long arms? And I don't get it. I don't think would be this high for me.
Speaker 2: But I can see where they could get to be there.
Speaker 1: Again, I think they could be there at the end of the year if they get any kind of quarterback play. But I can't put them there yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not even even caring what the quarterback play is if we're just judging skill guys in a vacuum. I really like three of them, but I don't have a lot of great tape on those three at the NFL level yet, Yeah, it's only.
Speaker 1: Three at number nine. They were twenty fifth in twenty twenty one. They were twenty eighth going into last year. They're now not in the Jacksonville Jaguars clearly improving.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no question they're doing things around their quarterback. Frankly, they're a coin flipped to me versus Steelers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how or what you get out of Calvin Ridley this year. I don't know. He hasn't played in two seasons.
Speaker 2: And also it's awesome, but that's mini camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's running against their guys and we saw this. The reports last year were great on Deshaun Watson in the offseason, but he hadn't played football in two in almost three years.
Speaker 2: Right, all reports would be good on it everybody in June, absolutely, unless they're not out there, you know.
Speaker 1: You know again, Calvin Ridley's what twenty nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. He did not come into the league particularly young, and he hasn't played hardly at all the last couple of years. I mean, I like Ingram, I like ATN I like Tank that they drafted Bigsby. Yeah, I think it's the same grade as the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Kirk's a good wide receiver. I like Zay Jones, you know, to a degree. But yeah, I mean I think it's it's good. I think the quarterback makes it better.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, it's good. Yes, I mean again, it does have something. And Ryans through the Steelers a little bit in that they have six or seven that I liked a lot. You know, I'm not sure there's a stud.
Speaker 1: Well, this next team does have a stud. And they're still eighth. They were twenty first and twenty twenty one. They were ninth last year, they're eighth this year. The Miami Dolphins, oh sad.
Speaker 2: I think they have two dudes period. Yeah. Yeah, their third receivers as bad as ending in the league. I mean we're talking like Cedric Wilson. Their tight ends, or Gyseki and Long are both gone and neither one was particularly good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Eric Saubert is the fifteen catches last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the running back is totally by committee. Those two dudes are awesome, but in a way they're not much different than the ram I mean, they're like one guy better than the Rams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, those two guys are both awesome. They'd be number ones on a lot of teams in the league.
Speaker 2: Every defense coordinator is going, yeah, those two are awesome and I hate them to death. They terrified me. Yeah, and you can't take both away. And I understand that. But if this is a five man plus depth ranking two through eight stinks or three through eight stinks.
Speaker 1: That's still a team that scored. What would they have what was the score of the state. They had two touchdowns last year against the Steelers in that game in Miami. No, it was not the better and the Steelers are throwing into the end zone at the end of the game twice on two different drives to win that game. Like, as good as those two skill guys are, you can take you can affect them and take them out of the game because they're both. They're not the biggest guys, they're both. They're both they both can fly. They're absolute, you know, got wings on their feet. But yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 2: Real quick, because I know this team, of course is going to come up. Would you rather play against Hill and Waddle or Chasing Higgins? I don't know which one I'd pick. I mean, I think they're very.
Speaker 1: Well who's the quarterback?
Speaker 2: Good point? Good point?
Speaker 1: That makes a difference, Like if are people talking about, you know, chasing Higgins the same way I twists throwing them the ball right right?
Speaker 2: Or what if it's Josh Allen or Mahomes or right Marioto or you know right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that matters too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a twothesome as there is in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're good. They're good at numbers. In twenty twenty one, they were ranked number two. In twenty twenty two, they were ranked number eleven. They're now seventh. The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I can see why they were so high. I mean when Zeke was in his prime and Pollard's the two, and Gallup's not injured, and I mean when he.
Speaker 1: Had you had Cooper there as well. I mean that in twenty.
Speaker 2: Point, Lamb's stud. I don't think he's cup Tyreek stud, but close. It's a good group. I mean they were missing the guy last year though, like they had the Brandon Cooks like move and.
Speaker 1: He's he's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 1: I mean he's probably a high end number two, but he's a high end number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. So is he better than any of the Steelers receivers, I honestly don't know, But he's in the neighborhood, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tony Pollard was a really good football player last year.
Speaker 2: He's hard to play against, big play guy, catch the ball.
Speaker 1: You know where they're short at this year is at tight end. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They got three unknowns.
Speaker 1: There at number six. In twenty twenty one, they were five, and twenty twenty two they were four. They're six this year. The Vikings, if.
Speaker 2: We were drafting Justin Jefferson would be my first pick for this exercise. Probably for fantasy too, but I wasn't talking fantasy, but like, I think he has the most weight of anyone in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Hawkinson's a nice second.
Speaker 2: Option first round pick. There is your third pass catchers not bad. kJ Osborne's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't love the backs.
Speaker 1: I don't love the backs, you know. I who's the receiver the other receiver I'm thinking of their uh, kJ.
Speaker 2: Osborne, Osborne, Maddison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Osborne's not bad.
Speaker 2: If he's a three now after drafting Addison, Yeah, that's fine. Replacement. I don't love it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right right at number five they were twentieth and twenty twenty one, they were sixth. Last year, their fifth this year.
Speaker 2: The Chargers pretty good. I mean kind of like the Viking argument that you're mid to late first round rookie is your third wide out? Might your second? Like it is a many. Yeah, they don't have the Jefferson. I still think Evert's a decent player and Eckler's a nightmare.
Speaker 1: Eckler's yeah, he's I mean two years in a row, he's had almost twenty touchdowns. Yeah. Now, Keenan Allen, Keenan Allen and Mike Williams have been banged up certainly last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially Allen maybe, but they're still good, you know. Yeah, right now, that's a top five group to me. Yeah, Eckler is really good.
Speaker 1: At number four, they were eighth and twenty twenty one, they were thirteenth twenty twenty two. They're fourth this year. The Seattle Seahawks, Hm, how were they thirteenth last year? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good question too. I mean, I love for this conversation. You bring in Charbonnet and Smith Najigbo. That's nice, you know what I mean? Like that, that's nice, and you already had two really good receivers and I think Walkers are really good back as well. Tight end's bad. I mean they have a big committee at tight end, which.
Speaker 1: Is right, right, Yeah, I mean it's it's pretty good. At number three, they were twenty ninth in twenty twenty one. They were eighth last year. They're now third the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: Hmm, pretty good. I mean I might take the last two teams ahead of them, just because I think they're a little top heavy. That they're five isn't awesome. Their running backs are questionable, They're not echoler. You know, I think Brown and Smith aren't far off the conversation of Hill Waddle Chase Higgins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dallas Goddard carry some weight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no doubt Hawkinson like weight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. I would probably take them over Seattle. I think you have one more guy than Seattle does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably. And I like Smith and Jigma and Charbonne and they are great, but their rookies yeah, okay, yeah, it's good group. Yeah.
Speaker 1: At number two, people are going to be shocked by this. They were thirteenth in twenty twenty one, they were number one last year. They're now two. Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: See, I'm not shocked by it, like I'm sure we figured out that the last two teams are the Bengals and the Niners. And I think Chase could be an all time great. I mean, I think he's amazing, Like, I mean, he could be as good as any receiver. He could be Antonio Brown, I mean maybe. I mean, and Higgins is really good. I think the rest of the group's overrated, though, Like I thought Mixton was bad last year, and I think Boyd is fine. But he's a three on any team he's on. You know, Yeah, I think people wait that much. The non two studs, I think get a little too much credit in since.
Speaker 1: He Yeah, Hayden Hurst to Irv Smith at tight end.
Speaker 2: Right right, that's low on the list.
Speaker 1: Uh. Irv Smith hasn't played a lot of football the last three years.
Speaker 2: Really hard to count on.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's averaged seven games a year the last three years.
Speaker 2: Hasn't been that low. Yeah, he's played.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's missed twenty nine out of fIF fifty possible games the past three seasons.
Speaker 2: Like, I know this isn't what we're talking about big picture, but if they can't keep Higgins, Chase isn't going anywhere, and he's gonna be awesome, But all of a sudden they could be fifteenth on this list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they don't have any wide receiver depth. No behind those guys, some dudes out of the.
Speaker 2: Blue, but they're just taking shots in the mid rounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that of course leaves you at number one. They were twelfth and twenty twenty one. They were third last year, they're number one this year. The forty nine ers, I wholeheartedly agree, Like that's the whole that's my whole argument with the whole rock party thing. Oh yeah, like put Kenny Pickett on it, with that group of skill position guys, with that play caller, that scheme, right, Yeah, he's going crazy last year.
Speaker 2: Going crazy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So it's funny because I mentioned I've been doing some DVOA stuff and we were talking about offensive final DVOA and then Niners and the Dolphins ended up six and seventh in offensive DBA or seven and eight. They were, you know, what's the difference, And we figured out between the two of them, they played seven different quarterbacks in Miami. In San Franz. Still, guys in system sure helps you know what I mean, right, skill guys in particular, I mean that San Francisco's offense.
Speaker 1: If if, for example, they would have had to play Bruck Purdy and they didn't have Christian McCaffrey, completely different experience in my opinion, I agree.
Speaker 2: I mean the beauty of this team is who's your fourth best option? Hittle, Right, they're fourth best options, way better than anyone else is in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody is getting a good matchup, is the point?
Speaker 2: Always, always, always, always, all do different stuff too. You know, it's a great ensemble. I mean, I give them all the credit in the world. I mean, they team built that beautifully to fit whatever quarterback and their play caller. But they all can hurt you in a lot of ways. And even like you, check has value.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now it's going to get real expensive for them here soon, right, And.
Speaker 2: How much does McCaffrey have left? And you know, I bet Ayuk isn't back in the big picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from the time let's see, from the time McCaffrey joined.
Speaker 2: I mean McCaffrey's addition. People forget that.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking at I thought I thought he had the numbers there, but he doesn't have the numbers, okay, of what he finished with, just with the forty nine Ers, But I have to look at that, but he was, I mean as a past catcher alone, he makes them ridiculously dangerous.
Speaker 2: Ridiculously dangerous, right, I mean he's I don't know, is he the twentieth best pass catcher on the planet right now? Including Kelsey and Chase and Diggs and Hill and all those you know.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing about about this group is that they're there four or five guys are all when healthy, and that's been an issue for Kittle in particular. But when they're when they're healthy and rolling, I mean, they're all like top twenty five to thirty guys, right.
Speaker 2: And McCaffrey's like one at his position, Kittle's two or three at his position. Ayuk and Debo are still twenty five to thirtyth you know, on the planet. But they're I don't know, fifteenth best receiver something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's a good, solid group. This is what yeah, I mean, this is.
Speaker 2: What they're Number four is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: This is what the Steelers could be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: What you this is what you should be hoping they turn into. Now, maybe they don't have the talent. The overall talent to be that. But I think you know friar Mouth versus Kittles, As friar Mooth continues to I mean, that's that's the guy that that Friar moof talks about wanting. He wants to get you know, kittles, run after the catch ability, that kind of stuff, you know, I don't, I don't think you know. Naujie Harris is never gonna be McCaffrey as a pass catcher, No, but he catches the ball well.
Speaker 2: But I think your point isn't necessarily can any of their running backs turn into McCaffrey, Can anyone turn into the third best tight end in the planet and a possible Hall of Fame? Or more so, can your fourth and fifth guy on the field raise the level and kill single coverage or kill you know that type of thing?
Speaker 1: You know, that's what needs to happen in those situations because teams, you know, are a team's gonna roll coverages one way or the other. Absolutely, of course, so the other guys are gonna get singled up. They got to win.
Speaker 2: If Pickens is killing the number two corner, can you take advantage of their next chest move whenever they take their safety and roll them heavily to his side with fire moveth running down the scenam or whatever, you know what I mean. Yeah, and I think this offense should should and it should Yeah, it should.
Speaker 1: It absolutely should happen this year for them. Yeah, but that's a Barnwall list that's actually on the funnel list much.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're usually a pretty rough on list builders. So one's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not bad, not bad. Barnwall did a good job with that. I think he looked at that kind of the way that we would look at it. Yeah, and you know, I you know, I like the caveats that he put in at the beginning of that. You know, look at, hey, guy's been hurt. There's a good chance he's gonna get hurt again. Michael Thomas, for example. I mean, you can't count on Michael Thomas to say it's our argument against Odell Beckham.
Speaker 2: Now, I say, you and I fought a little bit about the Ravens, but the counting on factor there is brutal.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I don't I don't know if you can count on any of those guys for seventeen games, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean, Bateman is your maybe your most trustworthy. How much has he played the last two years?
Speaker 1: Right? So interesting, interesting list and interesting way to look at it. That's going to do it for our show today.
Speaker 2: Matt, fun stuff.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Yeah, here we go. We're a month away here. We'll be continuing to crank out shows here as we lead up the camp. Matt's back from vacation. I'm going to go on vacation in a couple of weeks, but we're gonna still do some shows here in that. I might even take my I might do shows while I'm on vacation. That's how much I love talking to you, Matt.
Speaker 2: I've done it before too. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, I'm hanging around the family's out, running around and splashing in the water. I don't tan, so you know.
Speaker 2: It is always Steelers for an hour or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, But that's going to do it for our show today. So for my partner, Matt Williamson, I am Dale Lolly. We appreciate you listening to this edition of the Drive on Steelers Nation Radio. And you can listen to all of our great shows here on Steelers Nation Radio. Wherever you find your podcasts, you can listen to shows such as The Drive and you know, be all the good stuff that we have here, wes and motes and all that stuff. So go ahead and do that. Give us a like We appreciate that as well, and we'll talk to you later during a week. Thanks for listening.