Speaker 1: Get your hairs together.
Speaker 2: We're going to start to party and start the parties.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to party the.
Speaker 4: Elvis Duran after Party.
Speaker 1: What a party? Are you ready for? The after Party podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, isn't it wonderful picking up your phone and texting someone you haven't talked to in such a long time, And not for asking for a favor or whatever, it's just you miss them. Can you think of someone right now? Boom in your mind? You haven't talked to you in a long time? Yes, yeah, and you didn't stop talking because of a problem whatever. It's just that happens in life, right, It's it's called growing up. Nina from across the river in Hoboca, New Jersey. Hi, Nina, doing great. You know, we were just talking about losing touch with people that we were really really like in our lives and sometimes it just naturally happens. You just go separate ways. Doesn't mean you don't like each other. But anyway, we heard that you actually lost touch with a good friend during pandemic and you just reconnected with this old friend. Tell us all about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So when I started my first job out of college, I made friends with another girl who started the same day as me. It was both of our first jobs, and we just like hit it off right away. Maybe could say we trauma bonded a little bit trying to become adults together. And for a few years we were just like the best of friends. And when the pandemic hit, we went remote and probably like eight or nine months later, she got a new job, I got a new job, and yeah, there was no fight, nothing happened. We just lost touch and I almost didn't even realize like how much I really needed to turn my life or depended on her until like life started to just get real again as we've become adults and married, had relationships, and because she got married earlier this year, and I decided to just shoot her at test thank congratulations and how happy I am for her having seen her younger single days and knowing that she's in a more stable place and all of that, and it just kicked off us like talking again testing, and over the last three or four months, we've ended up hanging out almost every single week. We get dinner, a couple times a month, we hang out. She's met my husband, I've met hers, and we didn't know each other before, so it's like a whole new, different relationship than what we have, but we kind of just picked back up where we left off and it's been really beautiful.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that even though you're still the same people and you can pick up where you left off, you are different people now. So you said, it's a different relationship, but it's still a great relationship. That's that's so trul there to think of her, What was it that sparked that that moment that made you reach out or you did reach out.
Speaker 4: Well, she was getting married and you know, we we were young and single together, and so I just wanted to let her know how happening am that she found her person that she you know, in this stage of her life. It kind of panged something in my heart that we weren't at each other's weddings and we were so close for so long, and ultimately, the I think is like we didn't have been at each other's weddings, the relationship we have now still is great and so it's it's nothing that I'm like sad about, which I thought that I would be. But now it's been really wonderful reconnecting getting to know her in this different way, and we live close to each other, which is the craziest part, which just life happened.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is great. Has this happened to anyone here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it actually happened to me over Thanksgiving break. I mean I did it. I was really good friends with somebody, and then over the years we weren't as close anymore. There kind of was a bit of a falling out. But I was with two other friends who were also close to him, and we just saw, hey, let's hit him up and see what he's doing. And we ended up hanging out with him and it was so fun. We had such a good time, and I'm really glad that we did it, and hopefully we can all stay cool again.
Speaker 1: I love that. And imagine how she felt, Nina, when she heard you reaching out to her. Did she talk about that too.
Speaker 4: She said she wanted to and she thought about doing it a few times over the years. I just did it. I think maybe sometimes it feels a little bit desperate, but it feels really nice to have that reconnection. It's not desperate, it's that one person is always waiting for it.
Speaker 1: At least. I love this conversation because I know each and every one of you guys, on the show, are thinking about that person? Yeah, yeah, Danielle, why don't you do it after we're done with the show, go make a phone call.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But I've tried to find her and I can't find her anymore. Like she's not even on Facebook, Like no, yeah, yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know she's still around, thank goodness, but I yeah.
Speaker 1: What about you? Scary.
Speaker 5: When I was a kid, I was running around the pomp Star Cabana Club with jet Ski Bryan as kids, and we were and then we lost touch for over thirty years until I saw him at a bar and Hoboken and I'm like, oh my god, we recognize each other.
Speaker 1: This was during the pandemic.
Speaker 5: And now we've been in during the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Now we've been friends.
Speaker 5: Hold on, Danielle, I'm trying to tie this up nicely. We've been closer than we ever were as kids. We are today for five years now, run and running strong. We're like the closest and bestest of friends. We got back together. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It happened for a reason, you know what. I think sometimes that separation for a while, it turns that relationship into a different relationship. When you get back with each other and it's a maturity. Maybe it's a more experience in life. And what you were saying, You know, you guys are married now, it's a you live a whole different lives now, but you still have that commonality where you can be friends exactly, and.
Speaker 4: We guess to just like se our more mature selves together.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see that quote? I think it's from Eleanor Roosevelt. Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. And someone else said, I'm looking at for quotes. Some people come into your life to teach you something, some stay forever, and some are there just to pass through. And you know, you really shouldn't discout the people who are just passing through because you did learn something from them. They did leave a footprint on your heart. And that's life.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's not like you're abandoning these people. That's just the way it is. Yeah, Nate, what's up? I'm having that what do we call it? Ai psychosis?
Speaker 3: Because I can't remember if the conversation that we had or I saw was in this room or on Instagram, but it was somebody giving the analogy of a train, right, and you're on a train, and that is life. Some people are on your train for one stop or two stops, and then they get off. Some people are on the train for the whole ride. Some people get on five stops in and they're on for two stops.
Speaker 1: But that's life. You want to push off the train, exactly right.
Speaker 3: But this is a great conversation because I know there's several people in my life that I would love to reconnect with, and I think you just have to take that step and say, hey, let's catch up.
Speaker 4: Do it ate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also, there's something beautiful about what else is in that quote I just read. Some people are there just to teach you a little something about you and your life, and then they're meant to leave. And that's okay too. It doesn't mean there's a problem, it's just the way it is.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Go back to Nina. Let's let's tell her thank you for this. Nina, Look, thank you so much for letting us know about this. This is sparking a conversation with not only us in the room, but everyone listening to our show right now. It's great thanks to.
Speaker 4: You, of course, Thank you so much. Everyone just sund attack. I promise it's worth it.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk to you in seven years. The elvist Ran after party, mhmm