Speaker 1: Happy a Memorial Day, at least if you're watching real time.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 1: Friday before Memorial Day, and this is our live podcast version. What we do here is we answer your questions. You email me podcast at grangersmith dot com and I answer whatever you want on these live formats, which we've been doing about once a month. You could ask questions right here in the chat, so I will read some that you've emailed to me podcast at grangersmith dot com, and I will also read some right off of this chat, which works out great. Another cool thing that's going on today is the EEE Apparel military launch, first ever time we've ever done at gee we've done a military launch, and we thought it'd be appropriate right before Memorial Day to put out this new military gear from ye And in fact, we're gonna we're gonna go over there to the Yege farm right now and talk to Tyler Parker to brothers there they are. If you're watching what's up fellas'.
Speaker 2: So man, what's going on?
Speaker 1: So tell us about this military launch for the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like six months ago people were reaching out saying they wish we had more military stuff and realized that we'd never done a military launch before, and I figured May the more all day weekend could be a good time to do it. And so we were able to partner with Folds of Honor and give a portrait proceeds back to them. So we designed five new shirts through new Hats, a bracelet three pack, and I'm excited.
Speaker 2: This is this is one of those those cool.
Speaker 3: Launches that supporting a good cause and like aligns with with what our people wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me and Tyler are wearing a shirt from it right there.
Speaker 2: This is good.
Speaker 1: It's good stuff, man, it's cool stuff. Todd Parker, were you the one that designed these shirts? Because I wasn't part of it.
Speaker 3: Actually, Tyler and I both usually come up with a bunch of different concepts and then Tyler's usually win, so most of them were him. And then I think the red shirt, the red sh sure it was me, Okay, design the hat I have on Todgers in the design the hat he has on.
Speaker 2: Stranger.
Speaker 4: Why don't you tell people a little bit about your military, your love for the military, and what you've done in the past. It's kind of a long time coming that we finally did a launch. But as far as your tours in Iraq when you did in music, they were their documentary, The boot Walk, all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: It's a little strange that we haven't done a military launch yet. I mean, we've given back Gee's given back to a bunch of different organizations that support our military. But it is strange because really it is the first, I guess you could say, the first philanthropy that we were involved with, not just at EEE, but before ee AS when it was just Granger Smith music we were going to we were taking tours in Iraq, and those are when people ask me so many times they say what is your either your favorite memory from being a musician or the best concert you ever played. It's very difficult, and we've played concerts all over the world, all fifty states. We've seen so many beautiful things, so many beautiful people, so many incredible venues. But it's really hard for me not to say, well, probably one of the fobs in Iraq. And that really set a tone for me, seeing the way that these men and women were serving. When the first time I went in seven, and then in eight I went for Christmas and New Year's and I went twice in two thousand and eight and nine and seven. So to see these men and women working, especially during Christmas when December to the twenty fifth was like a normal day.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: There was nothing different in Iraq and that fob, that little fob we went to and it wasn't like a Toby Keith tour where we had, you know, massive stages and massive groups of people. It was very small fobs with with the no bathrooms, no running water, and so yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was an.
Speaker 1: Incredible experience just to see men and women that have served us so well.
Speaker 2: I wish you guys could have gone.
Speaker 4: Actually in Tynset, I remember that conversation we had at your old house and college station. It's either a conversation we had that you were going or it's the last time we saw you before we went. Mom and Dad were pretty worried because we were at war and you were going to all those bases right on the front lines.
Speaker 1: So I saw I saw Chad who Chad played with me in that first tour in Iraq in two thousand and seven, and he now plays for Carrie Underwood. And I went recently to that church in Franklin, Tennessee, Carrie Underwood's church for Carrie's husband Mike, and Mike is known for a bunch of things, not just being carrious husband. So I hate to say it that way, but I saw Chad there and Chad, Chad was like, man, I'll never forget that first tour and I rack with you.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and seven, and I.
Speaker 1: Suddenly remembered, I thought, because he said there are things I still haven't told my mom about. And I was like, oh, Chad, I keep forgetting that.
Speaker 2: Me and you.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot of people I still hang out with today that remember the stories of those.
Speaker 4: The Blackhawks were locked on like missiles locked on, and y'all had to like divert and there.
Speaker 1: Were crazy times that there. There was one specific time, I mean we many times we had to hit a bunker because we had to get into the bunker because mortar rounds were hitting the base of the concert we were playing. So we were playing a concert several times. I don't even know how many, but several times, and mortar hit the building we were playing in the middle of the concert where we had to stop playing the concert. The quick reaction force, uh jumped it all out of the concert hall or you know, the basketball court or wherever we were and went running out the door to go respond. Everyone else went into the bunker with us, these big concrete bunkers, and we would stay there until we get a call of all clear, and sometimes that would take an hour to get the call of all clear because they were you know, searching to see what damage was done or if anyone was lost, and if any more mortars were coming, if this was an attack or not. So there was those several concerts, and then one time in a black Hawk. The black Hawk flights were always crazy because we're going fob to FOB and that's the main form of transportation there. That's like the Greyhound bus in Iraq at the time. And one particular time, we were flying right at sunset and we're going over a pretty hostile area and an RPG locked onto our black Hawk, the one we were in, and the guy the pilot just did these maneuvers to get away from the RPG let out the flares and I never knew we probably you guys. We lived close to Fort Hood, the Fort Cavasos. The the black Hawks fly over quite a bit.
Speaker 2: We see them.
Speaker 1: They just look like these big black you know, transport helicopters, but those things can maneuver like never before. I mean we were completely vertical, we were completely sideways, we were completely in ninety degrees the other side, we were going straight up again. I was holding all of us were holding a backpack in our arms, and all the backpacks went to the roof and just stayed on the roof and we were just flying like upside down, sideways, back just full. I mean, like a throttle that I have never felt in any roller coaster or any race car, our, monster truck, mega truck I've ever sat in. I've never felt anything like it. And then when we finally leveled, all our backpacks fell down into our laps at the same time, and we were like what. And then all of a sudden we were way out in the middle of the desert. We were going over this little village in Iraq, and then all of a sudden, we're in the middle of the desert and it was all clear, and we're flying really close to the ground. These helicopters have no doors or windows, so I was on the edge, just buckled in. And so the times we would go sideways that it's just me and the desert and the and the you know, some white Toyota truck below me, and it was like no six flag dride I have ever been on. We get home or excuse me. We land at the landing zone and the place we were going, and that those helicopters, it was always two, one that the band rode in and then one that our our music equipment rode in. They landed, we jumped out. It was dark by now, and they just took off and went right back where we came from, like back to work, and we didn't even know where and were We told our the commanding officer with us, We said what happened? And he said, RBG locked on happens all the time, like no big deal. And they were going those two guys were flying right back into it again, just back to work.
Speaker 4: So why didn't they Why didn't the RPG locked on? Why didn't they shoot just because it got out of you got out of range in time or something or what.
Speaker 1: No, they were shooting at us. They were shooting small arms and sh they were shooting rockets at us.
Speaker 4: And the were you equipped with anything like any kind of gun or anything, or.
Speaker 1: There's two gunners, fifty cow guns, machine guns on either side like you see in that like a B twenty four. So there's two gunners with either a two forty Bravo or a fifty Cow depending on the aircraft and those So those guys were firing and on either side, and they have to fire every time we fly, at least in the desert, just to make sure they're not jammed. So there those two guys or girls are on either side of the black Hawk in the open doors, and but the flares drop out and intercept the heat seeking missiles of any kind. I mean, I can't, I can't even make these stories up. But I just I'll never forget when we got out looking back me not even knowing what just happened. I just rode the craziest ride of my life. And to them, their faces were normal. They weren't like, oh oh that was crazy. They were just like, flew back off, just back back the same direction we just came. So yeah, wild stuff, man, And that's just stories. We don't ever hear, No one talks about it.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And so usually what happens was some there was some terrorist group. We won't say their name on live on YouTube, but they were most likely tracking the army would change their flight plans constantly to try to always fool the enemy, but sometimes the enemy would get a correct intelligence from some kind of inside source and they would know two black Hawks are flying over here at fifty fifty feet. They'll be coming over the east side at so and so coordinates, and they'd have a couple of guys.
Speaker 2: Up on a roof with RPG's ready to shoot.
Speaker 4: Did you ever see later some of those guys, like some of those pilots on stories like that, in situations like that, did you ever see them years later, like back home in the US at a show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a lot a lot of times they still do, Like sometimes they'll come to a sermon, but they used to come to concerts all the time and say I saw you at five war Horse in two thousand and eight, and I'm like, ah, man, those crazy times. But those black Hawks would also get shot down a bunch. And I used to think that if a Blackhawk got shot down, then we would hear about it on the news, and the reality is we don't. They actually get shot down quite a bit. I don't know about now. I'm so out of the loop now, but that was back in the Iraqi days. So anyway, that's so, it's nat full circle military launch.
Speaker 2: Yet today you know, it just means more. It means more. Are we showing any at all? Or oh yeah, sure? So what you got?
Speaker 1: Have somebody in the back throw you some stuff? We might as well.
Speaker 4: This is one of the hats, which is really cool. We've never actually done a hat like this. If you're listening, just know it's cool.
Speaker 1: Susan from Alabama says, what's up? She's glad to be here. Yeah. Singer Pete says, hey, Smith Brothers from Japan. I just ordered my military launch items.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: And I says good morning from Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic. Terry says, good morning from Myrtle Beach. Abigail Is. It's a beautiful lunch. I bought some of the things. Can you guys see what I'm seeing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jacob said, Hey, Granger from Minnesota, and man's pulling them from all over right now, timing the buck, guy, I think that's how you say it. What's up, grangdeer, It's finally Friday. He's quoting after midnight and mackay, maybe what's up?
Speaker 2: Great here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, click over to ant man. Let's see it man. We gotta get it. We gotta get a shot in all we got. We gotta can't forget. He is with us producing this show right now. Sandy says, in memory of the fallen soldiers, thank you for all of your service. God bless you. Yeah, God bless all of you service members. That's why we're doing this launch today. Lisa says, howdye from from Donnie at Georgetown, Texas. Yeah, awesome, guys, have somebody behind you throw us a shirt or something like, I got them. You got some let's see it freedom in free right there.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: We've got a bunch of different teas to the hats that we got are actually like you can bend the brim a little bit more. A lot of people request that us. I figured good time to have that would be military launch. So that's when I have on multi cam with the bendable bram and then removable patch.
Speaker 2: Where's that the flag? Do I? Is that removable? Is that like vulcrow? No it's not.
Speaker 1: It looks like you yeah, you guys. For people just listening there, we're actually in the waitouse right now. As you can you can see everybody's like live correspondence from Fox News right now as everyone's shuding out boxes, somebody's just ordered something and it's actually you're watching them packet right now.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of requests for this. I actually didn't know about red, but there's like a huge turner right now called Red Fridays, where people wear red on Fridays. And so it's a cool way for people to be able to Rocky E and then also just in their workplace to be able to wear red. Uh stands for remember everyone deployed. Didn't start that or I couldn't tell you the history.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and then a few other shirts start.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So while while Parker's showing these shirts here on if you're watching on Instagram or x or YouTube, I will get to your questions here in a minute like we normally do. You could email me podcast at Granger Smith dot com or or just drop a question in the chat here. But right now we're just checking out this military launch.
Speaker 3: It's pretty much it. Man, It's a limited quantity. It's probably gonna sell out quick, but uh yeah, we're excited.
Speaker 1: You guys have to answer this from not Phelps, will ye yee appair ever have big and tall sizes.
Speaker 3: If we get enough requests for it. It's kind of like people who ask for left handed golf clubs and then you make them, and then one buys them, and then you're left with a lot of left handed golf clubs. I'd love to keep asking and then if we see it enough times, maybe we can do it. I don't know any manufacturers who do it right now, do you No?
Speaker 2: We can ask though, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean so the answer is yeah, we're we're working on it. Well, cool, guys, I know you're probably busy. Thank you, guys for taking your seventeen minutes of really really a busy time at EE apparel.
Speaker 2: An you tell me launch something.
Speaker 1: You guys are all hands on deck, So thanks for spending a few minutes with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, thanks for having us.
Speaker 2: Cool cool shit it.
Speaker 1: See you guys eeee so y'all see you guys. You know, when I first started this crazy music thing, having an online store was like the last thing on my mind. I just wanted to write songs and play concerts. The irony in me now is that I no longer play concerts, but I still have an online shop. That's what pays the bills, and thank goodness that so long ago it was made so easy for us to have that online shop at eee because of Shopify. Shopify is your global commerce platform that helps you sell at every stage of your business, from the very beginning to the hey, I think we're doing pretty good stage. Shopify is there to help you grow. Whether you're selling scented soap or eegee apparel, Shopify helps sell everywhere from they're all in one e commerce platform to their in person POS system.
Speaker 2: Wherever or whatever.
Speaker 1: You're selling, Shopify has got you covered. It also helps turn browsers into buyers with the internet's best converting checkout thirty six percent better on average compared to all the other leading commerce platforms, and sell more with less effort thanks to shopify Magic, your AI powered all star. I figured out a long time ago. I do not want to get into the weeds of actually the mechanics of selling with an online store. I just I want to make a product. I want to be creative. I want to put it up on social media, talk about it on a podcast, and then hopefully you like it and hopefully you buy it. But I don't want to be part of the click. You know, I don't want to be part of Well, how do you pay for that? Shopify does that for me, and it's not just me. Shopify powers ten percent of all e commerce in the US, plus also one hundred and seventy five other countries, plus Shopify's award winning help is there to support your success every step of the way. Because businesses that grow grow with Shopify. Sign up for a one dollar per month trial period at shopify dot com slash granger all lowercase. Go to shopify dot com slash granger now to grow your business no matter what stage you're in shopify dot com slash granger.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Grateful that we have some ads to help pay the bills and keep keep the utility around here. And we're gonna we're gonna see some questions here on the screen and we're gonna answer them from you guys. If you have a question, email podcast at grangersmith dot com. Or if you're live with me right now and you happen to be lift listening live, just drop a comment here in the chat. Anna says, hey, and thank you for sharing this last sermon that you shared. Yeah, thank you, And I always try to if if the if the venue or the church records it, I'll put it up for you guys. Really says you need to do another boot walk. That was a fun week.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I won't go there, but I was gonna say that the mission bug really scratches the boot.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll actually.
Speaker 1: Be doing a walk coming up here in just a few days in America in boots. Yeah, through the mountains. Stephanie says, love everything.
Speaker 2: You guys do.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Stephanie, appreciate that. Susan says, is Earl coming on the live. Hey, Earl, I'm too concious to be on y'all's life. Okay, he said he's too country to be on the line. Danny and Nadine SAIDs hey, Grangeer. She're enjoyed hearing you in Bismarck. That was a great time. Thank you for coming to that. Donita says, I'll give some some gave all Happy Memorial Day and God bless Thank you guys so much. And if you want to see me, you could go to Grangersmith dot com. I have appearances. What was that one from North Carolina? Yeah, Sherry, I just got back from North Carolina, was it? Yes, yesterday I got back from North Carolina, so yeah, you guys, I'm actually going back in July. The end of July, I'll be preaching in North Carolina in Raleigh, so maybe I'll see you there, Sherry, But any of you guys, if you want to see me, go to Grangersmith dot com and right on that first page it has appearances and almost everything I do now almost everything I do is free to come see me, which is really cool. There's no more days of expensive ticket concert price.
Speaker 2: Free ninety nine is good.
Speaker 1: Yes, free ninety ninety. Andrew says, like in these lives during the launches, Oh cool, Well, thank you. Andrea Tyler called me right before we did this and he's like, should we.
Speaker 2: Be doing this? Yeah? I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Krat said, I believe Red Fridays have been a thing for some years now. Glad you has jumped on board. Yeah, thank you, Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Stuff.
Speaker 5: You want to hit an email, We've got several, and I've got a few for this show.
Speaker 1: Let's do it first one here, says Grainger. Podcast two thirty nine was great and so.
Speaker 2: Informative, which I don't know which one that was.
Speaker 1: He says, I think it would be great and helpful to others to see a dedicated podcast on how to serve others from a biblical perspective. I grew up on a farm helping and serving my family, and I still do to this day. But now being in my twenties and having other opportunities to serve, it can be difficult to decide where I am best needed. It's hard for me to say no to turn things down, so that often leads to relationships stressed with me and my girlfriend. I would like to thank you all for doing what you do through the name of the Lord. From a fellow brother in Christ.
Speaker 2: Chase. Yeah, Chase, I appreciate you. Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know exactly what your question is. Besides, you're just kind of commenting on sometimes it's difficult to serve from a biblical perspective because when you serve anything, I guess we could say it this way, when you serve anybody or anything, someone's getting left out, in this case maybe the girlfriend. And that's a problem. I would say if your girlfriend, if you are wholeheartedly serving someone or some organize or some cause or church, and your girlfriend is stressed or it's putting stress on your relationship because you are serving. That's interesting, and maybe we should check our hearts on that one and wonder if this is the right relationship to be in. That's kind of what that's kind of where I would start this. Maybe we should out of everything you said, maybe we should be thinking more. If you and I were riding in the cab of a truck and having this conversation, I would say, maybe we should be questioning this relationship a little bit more. Although it doesn't necessarily have to be bad, and I know that you could.
Speaker 2: You could. You could serve too much.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of the the airplane theory I have when an oxygen masks drop out of the airplane, you got to put the mask on yourself first before you could then put the mask on the others. That's sometimes in the same way of serving that sometimes if we become over servers, then the things closest to us around us get neglected, in this case, this relationship. So we'll keep thinking through this, and I want you to think about Romans twelve two whenever you're thinking through this, really meditate on that verse.
Speaker 2: We had another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, okay, it says my wife and I We're watching a sermon, and the pastor said, when we are born again, we are given a new spirit, but have the same mind. Interesting, I just said Romans twelve to two. Let's read that with this too as well. Philippians four to eight was his reference. We are to fix our minds. God doesn't fix it for us. It is our opportunity to take authority of captivity any thought that exalts itself. God doesn't change the past. We move forward. Jesus said, let the dead bury the dead and follow me. Past is unchanged, sees today our past thoughts and way can hinder our walk. These are just observations here. And then he says, is it possible to acknowledge Christ with your mind but never receive them in your heart? It appears to me they are separate. I love Jesus and I know He's in my heart, and I'm being too relaxed? Am I being too relaxed with my loved ones who may acknowledge in their mind but looks to have not surrendered their heart?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I mean your first question is is it possible to acknowledge Christ with your mind but never receive them in your heart? Absolutely? Yeah, Jesus. Jesus talked about that all the time. That was the Pharisees, and so outward understanding, intellectual understanding of who God is and how we are reconciled through His son is. You know, Satan knows that Satan understands that right, and so you could absolutely acknowledge him with your mind, but never receive him in your heart. You need to understand that the very first thing you said talking about being born again, you'd have to you'd have to go to John three and listen to Jesus's conversation with Nicodemus, and Nicodemus is saying, what are you talking about born again?
Speaker 2: Could?
Speaker 1: How could be born again? Well, I've already I've already been born, And she just says that you're once from water and another time from the spirit, and the time you're born with the spirit, you don't know. You don't have any control over that, and you could look at this is way you're in control of your first birth and you're not in control of your second. The spirit comes like the wind. You don't know where it comes from, and you don't.
Speaker 2: Know where it's going.
Speaker 1: And so we have to be careful not to say that not to say I know I could capture I could take captive thoughts in my mind, but I also can captive emotions with my heart. We have to be careful with that, because if you're talking about being given a new heart, you can't give yourself a new heart. So these are things for.
Speaker 2: You to meditate.
Speaker 1: The Bible is very clear about this, and so I would. I would walk through stuff like Aphesians two.
Speaker 5: Ephesians Fourians four talks about the spirit of your mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll pull it up here, assuming that you.
Speaker 5: Have heard about him and we're taught, uh, we're taught in him as the truth in Jesus. To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so put on the new self when you've received a new heart. And so John six, John ten, John seventeen. Thepheesians two Ephesians four, Romans eight and nine, go there, go there and just lap it up.
Speaker 2: Just lap it up. Man.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the email. Actually we hit another one.
Speaker 2: What do you want to do?
Speaker 5: I think we got time for one more and we uh maybe take a break, a quick break.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey Grangeer, I'm Wyatt, sixteen years old. I'm a Christian. There there's this girl. You know so many years my podcast has started with those those words. There's this girl at church in my youth group, and I'm good friends with her, and she loves the outdoors and I would love to get to know her more and maybe go out on a date, but go about it in a group setting, in a Christian way, He says, do you have any advice or suggestions on how to go about this? Oh, Wyatt to be sixteen.
Speaker 2: I read so many of these that come into you. Yeah, I know you, yeah, I mean, but it's.
Speaker 5: And it's funny how this is obviously why we also talked about going to doing the topics, because we can address a lot of people at one time. But pulling up Wyatt's was a thought incast. A lot of emails that came in before and after Wyatts that talked about, I mean, almost to the letter, the exact same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these questions, this, this line of questioning is called there's this girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 1: Why you're sixteen and there's this girl in your youth group and you're good friends with her. She loves the outdoors. I get it, and you want to get to know her more, and you maybe go out on a date with her, and you want to do it in a in a good, respectable way, which is in a group setting, which I agree with. It's dangerous to be alone with this with this girl. Why risk that kind of temptation? So so, man, I think you're doing all the right things, and I think I think so many times life just plays out with just vulnerable conversation. And so you go out in the group and there's no like right way to approach this, and there's no special pickup line. But I'm always a fan of being vulnerable. And you know, you go up to her and you're in this group setting, which I think is courageous and.
Speaker 2: Right, it's good, and you just say I'm Wyatt.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we've officially met or not, but I just think you're a really neat person. And I love that you like the outdoors like I do. And this is kind of embarrassing for me, but I just really like you, and I just really wanted to get to know you a little bit more, And I just think I just think being vulnerable like that with her is the best way to do it, because if you stumble and you go I just really wanted to get that. I'm sorry, I'm stuttering right now. I just think when you stutter and when you mess up and when you trip over your words, all of it's okay in that setting. But if you're trying to be cool, you're trying to say the right thing, and then you stutter, then it's really stupid. So Wyatt, You've got a lot of life ahead of you, and this is the first, probably the first of many times you'll have this feeling until it's the last time and you get married and Lord willing you spend the rest of your life with a woman, and this is practice until that. But I say, be vulnerable, open up to her in a group setting.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: You know, I heard about this company recently and I was happy that they were going to sponsor the podcast. It's the Wellness Company. So here here's the deal. You wake up. We've all done this, wake up with with like a scratchy, sore throat, congestion, running nose, and you think, I know what this is I'm getting sick. So what are your choices at that point? You could just tough it out, get sick it, let it run its course and take all the time off work. Or you could hope to see that doctor. You know. No one wants to do that. It might take four weeks to get in. Or you can go to the urgent care clinic. It's expensive and you got to sit in the room with all those sick people. Nobody wants any of those things. So here's the other option. Open up your medical emergency kit, match your symptoms to the doctor recommended prescription, start on the right meds, and nip this in the butt right now. Doesn't that sound good? Your medical emergency kit is not a first aid kit. It comes with doctor prescribed meds to treat over thirty nine medical issues. It's got strong antibiotics for infections of all types, strep, throat pneumonia, uti is, bronchitis, and so much more. Plus a doctor's easy guide so you'll know exactly what and when to take this stuff. No waiting to see the doctor, no waiting at the pharmacy. It's all right there. I'm telling y'all. Every home should have at least one medical emergency kit including missionaries, or to yours online. In minutes, your kit's going to be rushed to your door. Get fifteen percent off at TWC dot health slash granger and use promo code granger. That's promo code granger at TWC dot Health slash Granger. I want to tell everybody we will be doing a live podcast soon. Not in person, not just on the screen, Okay, in person.
Speaker 2: You want to do it in person.
Speaker 1: I've been talking to Tyler about because we're gonna be we are going to do this. We're gonna set up a tour. It's not going to be a heavy tour. It's not going to be super busy, but we're gonna do like two dates a week, do it at a reasonable hour in a reasonable city where I can get there, you know, like on Southwest Airlines or something, and a central location. So if you have an idea for me, maybe we can comment now. You can comment here if you're listening to this right now. What's a good city. I'm thinking like Kansas City for one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. And just say everybody's going to say my city.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, so you know, we go to Kansas city that's kind of the bottom of the Midwest. And then we go up to maybe like Minnesota, you know, the Tri Cities, or maybe the Chicago area that gives the upper Midwest, Michigan, Michigan. Yeah, it kind of covers that. And then we go out west and we do something like I don't know, you guys help me here.
Speaker 2: We do either.
Speaker 1: Portland area somewhere, yeah, And then we go out east and we do or we would do too and each of these places. And so like one week we would do say Kansas City and Des Moines or our Lincoln or Omaha or something like that, and then the next week we would do Portland and Seattle or Portland and Sacramento, and then we would go do Chicago and Minneapolis, and then we would go do Boston and Charlotte you know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, yeh. And then then we hit southeast and.
Speaker 1: Then we need to cover we need to do like Tampa and Atlanta, and then then we'd have to hit Texas and he just keeps going right. But but see if anyone wants to comment on this, if they would show up, and what we would do is we would sit there, we'd have some we'd set up like either in a church or a theater, and we would set up some couches and mics just like this, and you and I would do just what we're doing a different city as we could bring.
Speaker 2: Like Marshall yeah, Bernie, yeah, Parker.
Speaker 1: The guys that have done the podcast for a long time. Amber, yeah, and then we would announce it and like Marshall's going to this group of cities.
Speaker 5: And we can we just have mav in the background with the with the gator driving around on the stage.
Speaker 2: Just make it all put some money in there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: In fact, maybe Amber could go to a lot of these cool So yeah, yeah, let's let's start brainstorming everybody on what where we would go, you know, say two cities a week for three or four weeks. I think that'd be cool. The other announcement I need to make is we're gonna do a live We're putting out a live album of the last tour.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, very cool.
Speaker 1: It's it's off at mastering now Grizz has been working on and I mean it's it captures that last show pretty well. You know it is what it is, you hear it all. It's it's the last show. You'll feel like you're there. Really, Grizz did just a great job of capturing that.
Speaker 5: So we could pour some beer on the ground and let it dry and then like so your feet to be sticky and just close your eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Billy Bob, Yeah, smell the stales exactly exactly. Yeah, that's it. Get a couple of comments here.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's see what we got here. Weird from Raley be posted on YouTube. Rachel, I don't know, but you were there, but I'm not sure. I did a Q and A in Raleigh a couple of days ago with a great friend of mine, Grant Castleberry's good. Jimmy Kroud says, fun question, what was your biggest takeaway highlight from ye e day twenty twenty four? I mean, my biggest highlight was run into that mud bog in Old Alice seventy seventy seven U D ten.
Speaker 2: That was That was a great, great time. I loved it. That's cool. Let's hit another email.
Speaker 1: Okay, This next one says, Hey Grandeur, my name is Andrew, and lately I've been feeling called to ministry, but not sure if I really am. I'm not sure if God is really calling me or just my feelings. My question is, how do you know it's really God calling me?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 1: I love your music in your podcast. Thanks Andrew. Hey, great question, buddy. I'm so glad you asked this, And I'll answer this every week if I have to, because it's interesting I've been saying lately. You said, how do I know if it's really God or just my feelings? I would add or my indigestion. You know, when people say God called me, I'm like, are you sure it wasn't the beans you ate last night? Right, that's funny but actually a legitimate question.
Speaker 2: If it is, you'll be tested very very quickly, and you will know. Yeah. So well the.
Speaker 1: Answer, Andrew, I mean, it's really it's easy. The calling you feel in your feelings, that's important. That is a very important first step.
Speaker 2: That's what opens the door.
Speaker 1: That's like saying I want to be a country singer and I really like singing, and I really want to be a country singer. Great, that's the first qualification really for anything. You're in radio for many years at the first qualification to be in radio is to want to.
Speaker 2: Be in radio.
Speaker 1: Right, I think you can say that in every like in every hobby and every career, in every relationship, the first step in a relationship is you got a like her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and two you, I don't think that. I don't think if you can't draw, you go I want to be an artist. It's something you kind of already have in innate ability to do. That's something that's borning you that God's given you. You asked me when we were in Israel. You know, we were there three days. I think he's like, has the bug bit you? And I ask what the missionary bug? I was like, I don't know, let's see maybe because I'm enjoying this. And then we're another three days went by and I'm like, maybe support is my thing?
Speaker 1: You said, Hey man, I don't think the missionary bug has bit me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So let me ask you questions. What would you do?
Speaker 5: Well, what does the person do that is not called to be a missionary? How does he help missionaries?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like, because I do think that.
Speaker 5: That kind of well, kind of like doing this, doing this as a podcast is not my strength, but supporting and producing you is okay, you know, and I love I enjoy this. Came over and we rewired the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did. No, who has that idea and thinks that that's fun.
Speaker 1: We did so, Andrew, I want to get I want to get to what you're asking here because I think it's it's actually simpler than you think.
Speaker 2: So I love that you're you feel called.
Speaker 1: And I'm not going to tell you that you're not feeling because feelings are real. You're experiencing that. And so what I'm gonna tell you is the next step is to get plugged in. If you're not already. If you're not already, that's that's a huge problem. But you should get plugged in with your local church, and you should tell you your leadership in the church this feeling. Say hey, i'm guys, I'm feeling called to ministry, and then they say, fantastic. Let's begin a discipleship program of some kind. Education very important is important here. Some kind of Bible college is a good beginning, or a seminary degree is a is a good It is a good step here. A one on one discipleship program that's that's intentional from your pastor is important here. Ways to get you to get some reps, and actually teaching is important here. And then what happens is you stop relying on your feelings. At that point you stop relying on is God calling or not?
Speaker 2: Is you or not?
Speaker 1: Then now you've handed it over to the leadership in your local church where they can then collectively affirm you together and say, you remember when we had this conversation several years ago about you feeling called. We all have been collectively talking and we want to affirm your calling. And that is that that there's so much assurance in that knowing I've been affirmed through my wise counsel and leadership around me to my ca It's the same thing in any other hobby, our sport, our radio, our country music, you know, essentially getting a record deal with a bunch of executives affirming you are now ready for major radio and we want to invest in you.
Speaker 2: We see something, we see.
Speaker 1: Something, we want to put your song on major radio that we are collectively affirming. You don't get to decide if you're on major radio by yourself. You get to decide if you want to be, but you don't get to decide if you're going to be on there. And why would ministry be any different? Ministry is so much more important than a song on the radio, where there's so much more at stake, and we have to be as ministers. We have to be judged for what we say, and if our teaching is right or not, we will be strictly judged.
Speaker 2: Why would we.
Speaker 1: Want to risk that? So, Andrew, I'd say, stay involved with this podcast, but most importantly, go and tell everyone at your local church this is where you want. This is the path you want to start on. It's like candy Land the game. This is your first square. Yeah, here you are good.
Speaker 2: Let's see if you can get to the end.
Speaker 5: Got a couple comments from what you proposed just moments ago.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to hit some.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's hit that. David says, the whole idea of live in person Q and A sounds great cool. Andrew said that'd be fun. Lindsay says, come to Delaware.
Speaker 2: Please. When was the last time you were in Delaware?
Speaker 1: We played the Delaware State Fair a couple of years ago, three years ago. It's hard with COVID, I forget for years. And then we played quite a bit. We played Dewey Beach several times. We played Dewey Beach, which is a beautiful place in the summertime in Delaware. Yeah, Terry says, anywhere within two hours of Myrtle Beach would be great. Okay, so I think that's Charlotte. I said, Charlotte, right, maybe maybe that maybe three or four hours. Tasha says, Kansas City, please, pretty please. He's I'll cook for you like I do for butcher Bowl for great and God we nailed it with with Kansas City.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep that one started. There's there's some cooking in there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that says come to Atlanta. So that was another city I thought it would be a good hub. I'm thinking like Charlotte, Columbia, Tampa, Atlanta, Austin, Phoenix, oh ye, Portland the winter in the winter, yeah, and Kansas City, Des Moines or Omaha, Chicago and Minnesota, Minneapolis. It's kind of shooting from the hip here.
Speaker 2: You may have just routed everything. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh and I forgot to say probably Boston. That would cover Dewey Beach, Delaware, and I don't know, maybe maybe d C or that might be too close to Charlotte. Maybe probably a Jersey area Boston. Yeah, we'll be thinking about this. Everybody be thinking about this. What you gonna do now?
Speaker 2: What we've I mean, we've we've been in this for forty five.
Speaker 1: We are just rocking. Let's do one more. Do we have any questions on here or do you want to go to the back to them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's che We've got a few, but it is a good thing. There's a lot coming in. There's either comments or and there's a couple of questions. Ah okay, well check this question out, see what you think.
Speaker 1: About it, Big Bobby, says Granger. Do you ever consider hosting a car show with ye Yee name in the Northeast? It would be so great to put the word of God into my streets here at home or even at a car show. Yeah, man, that's definitely consideration. We've considered doing a car show at the next Yee day actually, so that'd be good too.
Speaker 2: Very nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, more comments just just saying hi, and they want you to come to their towns.
Speaker 2: So's there's a lot of those.
Speaker 5: But we'll keep these and sort of them because one might ring a bell that you haven't thought.
Speaker 1: You waning to grab one real quick?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey friend Andy from Australia here, love listening to your words while I work away. I'm blessed to have a father of beautiful seven year old boy girl twins, seven year old boy girl twins. Their mother left me for a woman six years ago. I have an amazing relationship, and I think and I thank her for giving me the most amazing, beautiful, healthy children. I go to church with my children on the weeks that they are with me, But I'm scared about their mother's relationship and how that's going to impact their relationship with God and what the Bible speaks. Your opinion on how I could approach this and protect them from from our very judgmental Christian brothers and sisters. Jesus is King thanks to Andy. Okay, so two, it sounds like two parts to your question here, Andy. One is how to raise them. I'm scared of how they're No, that's not your question. Your question really, the only one you've asked is how to approach this and protect them from a very judgmental Christian from very judgmental Christian brothers and sisters. Well, this is such a tough nuance here, Andy, but you're gonna this. You're just gonna have to trust God in this because ultimately, back to that conversation we had earlier in the podcast about being reborn and being born of the spirit. The same is going to go for your kids.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: Although the environment that they're around will will significantly impact their understanding of who God is, their heart is in His hands. And this is going to require incredible amount of patience from you, incredible amount of prayer and some really really intimate converse stations that you have with them, specifically walking through Bible. And I would for anyone listening, I would highly recommend family worship time in your own families. And what that might look like, Andy is especially with with seven year old boy girl twins. You're looking at about ten minutes Max, and during this ten minutes and I want I want you to do this every day that they're with you, every single day. I want to see a portion of it reading through the Bible, not picking parts, but actually moving through. So my family and I write currently we're in the Book of Mark, and so we just we every night we pick up where we left off the night before.
Speaker 2: In Mark. It could be.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I read to them one paragraph. Sometimes I read to the end of a thought or a to the end of a scene in the Book of Mark, and that might be three, four, five paragraphs. It might be a whole page, but it just depends on where's the scene start and where's the scene end. And I want you to do that, estimating that this reading time is about three to four minutes long. And after you finish, have a brief discussion on what we just read. And then I would ask what I do is I ask my kids to pray specifically, not anything else, but just that passage. So let's pray based on what we just read. So Lincoln, what could you what could we pray for what we just read? And he goes, I'll thank Jesus that he opened the eyes of the blind man with the mud and that he works miracles. You know. He'll say, like the simplest idea from what we just read. And then London will usually go a little deeper and she'll say, Lord, will you give us the faith to be able to see even when when we're struggling and we and our minds don't have a sign in front of us, will you you make us believe? And then Amber will go even deeper, and then I'll finish the prayer and then with our time left, we'll sing a song together and boom, there's ten minutes and that's the family worship that Andy, that will impact these kids more than your judgmental Christian brothers and sisters, more than what they learn in school. They'll remember what they do with Dad and what you want to do. The goal is to reveal to them who God is through how He has revealed himself in the living, breathing Word of God. And you will if you do this consistently, you'll find yourself walking.
Speaker 2: Through book after book after book.
Speaker 1: And the Bible, and after a few years you'll you'll you will have made it a significant way through the Bible. That is, that is where I would lean Andy all day long, and for anyone else that's listening in a different kind of situation, that's where I would go.
Speaker 5: Man, you reminded me of something when you were just talking about that, and that is because he's asking one question, how do you a one on one battle with this? Instead of filling up your time with that. We talk a lot about filling up our vessel. What will you fill up your time with? What do you fill up yourself with uh Word of God? Or is it you know, the word of the world. If you if you filled your your your kids up, there's no room for the battle between what you're concentrating on right now, if that makes sense. Yeah, there's not time or room for that, because you're already full of his word, of his worship, of the time together that you don't have to worry about actually facing those things that battles already won.
Speaker 2: And it's such good stuff. Amen.
Speaker 1: Well, we love you guys, and we will see you this this video. If you're watching live, this will repost on Monday's podcast. If you're listening Monday, then we did this two days ago live and we we'd love to be able to announce the next time we do this, and we'd love to have you guys join us either way. Don't forget about that. Yegee military launch right now on ey dot com and we'll see you guys soon. Love y'all.