Speaker 1: Tara, do you have it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Is there a clip?
Speaker 1: Will there's a clip?
Speaker 4: This came up on my feed this morning with my twelve.
Speaker 3: Followers, Oh your fen stuff.
Speaker 4: My fenstaff and I thought we would all get a kick out of this.
Speaker 5: And I'm getting the chills. Want to make them go away.
Speaker 1: I need something the reels, whether I'm in my house or out on the street. I want a hat right now that.
Speaker 6: Can bring me the heat.
Speaker 7: It's a teeny weeny beanie.
Speaker 6: It's a teeny Weeni beanie.
Speaker 5: It don't cover your he is because you still need to heat his It's.
Speaker 4: A teeny beane.
Speaker 5: Have a bad hair day, but I don't have the time.
Speaker 1: Need to make it go away at the drop of a dime. I can't smooth it out.
Speaker 5: Looks like a rolled out of bed.
Speaker 1: I want a hat right now I can put on my head.
Speaker 7: It's a tenue weenie beanie. It's a tenueenie beanie. If you don't got a comb, just put this in your dome. It's a teeny weenie beanie. Wear a teeny weenie beanie.
Speaker 6: When I drink a Drayma Tini Yum, wear a teeny ween neied beanie while I eat somethet of chinie Yu wear a teeny weenie beanie while I play a Tamborini. Fun You know what I'd wish for if I had a genie, No, what a beanie. Everywhere I go, I'll wear a tenny weenie beanie rocking red and blue, a greenie I on six or seventeen, and I always keep him cleaning, throwing right in the machinie.
Speaker 5: Then I watch a TV screeny or I read a magazine.
Speaker 6: Put a teny weenie beanie on a teeny Tangerini. Put a teeny weeny beanie on a tub of That's Allini. Put a tiny weenie beanie on a pick of Mister Phoenie. Wear a teeny Weeni beanie while I'm singing to Joelini.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, that's funny. I was waiting for the connection. I was like, why is will show you this? And guess, yeah, sure, it's funny. I definitely remember this back in the day, but I didn't. I didn't remember the Phoebe reference.
Speaker 1: It did, and it made me wonder, where's the most random place you ever saw a Boy Meets World reference? Where you were just like, what the right I mean?
Speaker 5: You know, they got Bill to do.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, Bill, But it wasn't it wasn't a Boy Meets World reference. But Bill did a sketch one time. And this is like ten fifteen years ago, is with the creator of hacks. What's her name, I'm blanking on her name, Paul? All right, well it's Paul and Lee. I'm gonna forget that. But for a while they were doing I'll look at them up. But for a while they were doing sketches and they had me come in and do one. He's like in twenty fourteen or whatever. And like a couple, like a couple of months later, they brought Bill in and it's pretty funny.
Speaker 5: He's I got to look at.
Speaker 1: It, but it's not it's not a Boy Meets World reference, not.
Speaker 5: No, not tech.
Speaker 8: But he's clearly in there because it's mister Feenny and he's talking about tits. So it's very like inappropriate to watch Bill, and it's very funny. But that's the that's the time that I was just like, whoa, they got Bill to do this thing.
Speaker 1: I remember the first the first ever Boy Meets World reference kind of in the wild that I ever saw, and it was ninety five. So we had just started and the movie Hackers came out, which was a great movie, Angelina Jolie everything every and the youngest character saying something and the guy goes, whoa easy there, boy meets world, Why don't we go back into the club? And I was in the theater like, wait, what We're in a movie? So that was yeah, it was just kind of out of nowhere thrown in but like it was an insult. Well, of course it was an insult. He was the youngest one because he was the youngest kid exactly.
Speaker 5: Joker is the joke that he's like, it's like just.
Speaker 1: Annoying, like I don't care, don't care anymore, no bad publicity.
Speaker 8: I think Hackers was trying to be like cool and like watching like a kid's sitcom was just like cheesy.
Speaker 1: That was like the roller bladed everywhere in the New York City and it was a pool on times.
Speaker 8: Like the irony is that Hackers is the least cool thing now all right, kind of has like this cool factor, the sheen of nostalgia makes boys world way cooler than that piece of crap.
Speaker 1: We can't handle it. It was terrible though it was not a good movie.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it was a great movie in a bad way.
Speaker 1: There's been numerous times that I've been sitting with headphones on in my house listening to rap music, just walking around and then Danielle gets referenced in the wild, which is it's always topanga, right, which all right, So what I was talking about was Paul W.
Speaker 8: Downs and Luccia Aniello who created Hacks that show they and it's called ghost Tits featuring Olivia mun and Bill pops up in.
Speaker 5: It and it's hysteric. Yeah it's not worth Sharon, but but okay, that.
Speaker 1: Was by far the you.
Speaker 5: But you know, Fallon has brought us up a lot.
Speaker 8: Fallon is like a boy meets World person because he's like when he's done like his shout outs where he like just says like name associations.
Speaker 5: He's thrown in my name like some night writer, right or strong, but you know he does like all these word associations.
Speaker 8: And then wasn't it Fallon that that had which show had the beat poem? Like, yeah, that was Samuel was it Samuel L.
Speaker 1: Jackson? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sam Jackson?
Speaker 8: It was just like it's classic, Like yeah, so I guess either he or like someone on his staff is just a big Boy Meets World fan.
Speaker 5: I think it gives us a shout out.
Speaker 1: I think it's him.
Speaker 4: So the next time we're in New York, we're just gonna have to pop in and say.
Speaker 3: Hi, Yeah, just drop by.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they did ask us to.
Speaker 1: Do like I remember that back in the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when was that?
Speaker 8: That was like two thousand and Eightish almost wanted to do.
Speaker 3: It before the thirtieth, right like or twenty fifth it had I think it was around like Milestone year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like it was before Girl Meets World though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it too. It was also a bit he was doing because he did it with also by the Bell, and I think there was somebody two or three that he did in a row.
Speaker 8: There was zero chance that I would ever do that still is probably zero chance. Now, yeah, you'd go on the Tonight Show, wouldn't you? Three of us went on to talk about something we're doing, Yes, yea like or yeah sure.
Speaker 1: But if we had a movie coming out or something like that and we were in New York and we had something to promote and he wanted us on the to Night Show.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, or to talk about the podcasters, Yes, totally but like to put on the leather jacket and do a bit about being shown that.
Speaker 5: Which is what the which is what they want us to do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that when they have a reunion, it's not like let's catch up with what the cast is doing. It's like, let's see how old these people have gotten and let's put them in outfit's like they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Pop in do the feenie call, Like all right, awesome. No, I would never never want to do I wouldn't have done it either.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Welcome, I'm rather strong and I'm Wilford Ill.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us. Today. We are recapping season seven, episode fifteen, The War. It originally aired February eleventh, the year two thousand.
Speaker 1: The Laurence's birthday.
Speaker 3: Oh, it is his birthday February eleventh.
Speaker 1: Isn't he because he's an eleventh brother. I'm pretty sure he's February eleventh. Riders December eleventh. I'm August eleventh. Sabrina is something eleventh. It's the Power.
Speaker 5: Eleven star chart.
Speaker 1: It's in my heart and soul rider Matt's February eleventh, ninety nine percent.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: You make one of us dated episode.
Speaker 1: One of us dated them. Yeah, one of us in this conversations love Matt Lawrence and I'm pretty sure it's me.
Speaker 3: So the snopsis of prank War breaks out amongst the seven friends and we gets out of hand. It was directed by William Russ. That's our very own Rusty Russ, written by Alison M. Gibson, and I don't have to mention any guest stars because there are none.
Speaker 1: Yeah, carried it ourselves, carried it ourselves, and boy did we carry it right into the ground, into the garage. We just carried it to the dumpster fire and throw it.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: I disagree with both of you.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding. I actually don't think it's that horrible, but it's not great opinion.
Speaker 1: I really liked it, really, I absolutely like this episode. This is this might have been, but you should have just said ROMP with giant letters flashing.
Speaker 3: We none of us committed to the ROMP.
Speaker 1: No, well Ben did?
Speaker 3: Ben totally did it true?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just find it so silly, which is fine, But then I had and I had to look up this word because I thought I had the right word, and I definitely did.
Speaker 5: It's mawkish, like overly.
Speaker 8: Sentimental in like this, like and it's like, dude, just stay silly, like we were fun and silly. And then it's like, oh, you crossed the line with Rachel, and it's like okay, and then we're trying to get back to silly and then it's like but then you crossed the.
Speaker 1: Line with Eric and I'm oh, and I'm like.
Speaker 5: What is happening?
Speaker 3: Just stay silly.
Speaker 8: Or make it real, and it's like it just I'm like where we I can't, you know. And I think maybe it's saved by the second part because the second part makes right, you know, plays with Squirrel. It sort of plays with Squirrel, sort of unifies the mawkishness and the silly because he is silly, but he says something really important about, you know, lose one friend, So like I'm hoping that sort of universes.
Speaker 5: But this is just so off for me.
Speaker 1: This tone.
Speaker 8: I was just like, I don't like Sean and Corey, but I also don't like everybody yelling at them, so I don't like anybody.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I completely agree with you that it needed to pick a link. If we had just stayed full wrong. Maybe if if the episode ended Rachel and then her being sad and it ending on a uh oh, we went too far, we went too far, then it could have been oh, what's going to happen?
Speaker 8: Would have been so effective. Yes, that's exactly a problem. It just lingered too long, like and having everybody sort of yell at each other.
Speaker 5: I just was like, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I liked it. I liked it. Well. First of all, I liked it because this is the height of us trying to make each other laugh and just having a good time clearly, right, I mean, it's like we're all just trying to hold it together, and writer, you look like you're going to laugh in every single scene everything, and that I'm kind of here for that at this point because now it's just us trying to entertain each other. Also, as somebody who can't stand practical jokes, this is kind of real in that you practical joke, you practical joke. Oh my god, you went way too far? What the hell were you thinking? Which then leads into which I kind of liked where they went, which is old cast versus the new cast. Do we really care about Rachel? Like that's the problem. But see I like that the storyline too.
Speaker 8: But the problem is I don't care about but that's I don't think that's important. She hasn't I know, but we haven't developed her enough, like this could have been a really nice moment.
Speaker 3: But she also she's one of our friends. No, she hasn't barely been in any scenes with us or episodes around with her in our friends group.
Speaker 8: Well, the real the real problem is that they play her the only real relationship she's had with Jack, and they play it for a joke in this episode. Completely If that, if she hadn't done the whole give you cookies, kissy kissy gross thing, if they instead had her be like Jack, remember our relationship and it was like, then we would as an audience be like, that's right, Rachel does have character, and then when she's upset about it later, we believe it.
Speaker 5: But instead it's like, you made a.
Speaker 8: Joke, you went sexy to try and entice a guy, So why are we supposed to feel bad about you with the sexy photo, Like it's I don't know, like it's like it's it's not set up well enough by the previous season and.
Speaker 1: A half, I like, but that's the thing is I think that's exactly why it was done, like that, the three of them felt like friends in law in this episode, And we've all had those people where it's like we've got a core group of friends and then we met this new person. Yeah, you're a friend of ours, but at the end of the day, are you? And so I kind of liked that. And then when it goes, it's just Corey and Sean having to win, So they're going to do with whatever they have to do to win. And then so the thing I liked about this episode is it played on multiple storylines that have been underlying for seasons. Is Tapanga really really part of Corey and Sean? Not really? And she thought she was going to be a part of Corey and Sean and now she really finds out she's not. Do they really care about about Sean or about Angela and Maitland and Jack? I didn't even say Rachel and Jack?
Speaker 4: I mean, do are they really that important?
Speaker 1: And so the idea of pitting that and then where does Eric fall is a whole nother story that we've always talked about. Is he with Jack? And kind of they threw him with him, but then he went with Maitland, so where the hell did he end up?
Speaker 4: And this is just that put on film.
Speaker 1: It's like him in the middle of two groups going where do I actually belong? So them kind of doing it all together. And I do personally think when we do see the second half, it is gonna be like an hour long, our forty four minute movie. That makes more sense when it's all together with the fun rompiness of it. But so I I did I enjoy I enjoyed watching kind of every aspect of it, and I did think it worked on kind of levels. It was just Feenie, who was like Bill was funny, but it was kind of like, well, that's not Feoenie at all, but who can't care.
Speaker 8: I was cool that because that's like, yeah, it was No. I was what you're saying, Will, and I think what you're like. I think what you're the sort of metainess of Boyby's world we've talked about we were like aware of ourselves as characters and all that. I would much prefer this version to us like sitting around talking about like right, you're this time, so like to make to take that sort of meta approach where we're messing with our characters and we're self aware and have it be a fun romp. Like I totally get like that is cool. I guess I just wish it was stayed in that mode. I think I think of it. It's like exactly like Danielle Pitch, and it stayed in that mode. It's the last moment. And then I was like, ooh, too far, too far. But I also just I also just like, I don't know, like even the Corey Sean thing. Every time they kept saying, you know, don't mess with us, We're the best, I'm like, are you when was the last time we saw this exactly? Because actually, what is and what is the thing that we take things too extremely? Actually the Corey Sean dynamic is Sean commits to something and drags Corey into it and it works out like it's the air, It's the B and B's B and B episode. It's like, that's the dynamic is that Sean takes something too far, poor Corey gets dragged along and then but it's not that they commit and do great things together, like there's.
Speaker 3: Some masters of they're not the prank master.
Speaker 1: They pulled the head ties that was you that was you and Corey's. It should have been the whole day.
Speaker 8: It should have been like, don't mess with Sean, We're gonna and Corey being like, I don't know, can we do this, and being me being that trusts me it always works out exactly what I did in the B and B episode. It could have been the same dynamic and Corey just fretting about it, or maybe even Corey's like overly confident because of all the times that we've gotten out of problems. But the idea that we're like great at pranks or like sophisticate, I don't that's never been established, So.
Speaker 5: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of over them establishing things like they just I just have to kind of go, hey, this is what boy Mes world is this episode and I didn't.
Speaker 4: Again it was just us, which is not to make each other laugh.
Speaker 8: Which is the way it was in television where it was non serialized, Like the idea was that you just take every episode.
Speaker 5: On its own terms, And like the biggest.
Speaker 8: Problem with our approach to this whole podcast is that we're trying to like put a serialized television lens on what it was not ever supposed to be a serialized show, like it existed, like a comic strip in the Sunday Paper.
Speaker 5: It's supposed to be.
Speaker 8: That every time you open it up, you encounter the characters a new and you believe what they're saying based on what you're presented with.
Speaker 1: Like that's the idea. Yeah, I guess it's weird.
Speaker 5: I know it is weird, but only from this lens. So like back then, it was totally normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, let's jump into our recap. We start in Rachel and Angela's dorm. Remember that the two of them lived together. Okay, Sean and Angela, and.
Speaker 1: We knew that, we knew. I remember she did say she was leaving to get and I didn't know that was a job. I just thought they were like, you're the ra Like I didn't think you got a perk for that.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know if you get paid. I mean, you must get paid something, but I think you definitely get discounts.
Speaker 5: On your like living. Oh okay, I think maybe live for free.
Speaker 3: I thought that she gets a free parking space. I'm like, okay, that makes sense. Yeah, so Sean and Angela are swapping spit open mouth, just making out on the bed and then they stop abruptly when they noticed Corey and Tabanga sitting on Rachel's nearby bed reading magazines. Corey is tossing popcorn into his mouth, missing every time, and his shirt is littered with peronels. This remind you of anybody?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 5: Do you think he was doing an intentional David compression?
Speaker 1: It must have been, oh my god, it's so awesome.
Speaker 8: Do you think bench just added that in because they were just like, let's have him eating popcorn.
Speaker 5: And Ben was probably like, well, I'm going to David combs it up.
Speaker 1: Because it's all over the floor.
Speaker 5: There's no way.
Speaker 3: Nope, it is one. It is a one hundred percent David Combs for our dear listeners. I think we have talked about it before, but David loved popcorn and it was like one of his regular snacks. And he would sit on the couch next to us where we would be working reading, you know something, we were.
Speaker 8: Working discussing friendship words sources, red bowl of popcorn.
Speaker 3: And you would take it by the handfuls and there was like a small toss into the now where a few kernels would make it in, but just covered it was littered his shirt and the couch near him and the floor at his feet.
Speaker 8: And do you remember Ben's specific oppression of him. He would because he would do the sniffing through the nose thing Benny Benny because he would call him Benny. So he would be sitting there discussing the philosophy of religion or whatever.
Speaker 9: But no, it was the black collar, the black collared pullover shirt, just covered in popcorn.
Speaker 3: Covered little popcorn colonels. And then every now and then he'd looked down and realized there were a bunch there, and then he'd brush them off and so they they'd all fall to the floor, and then he would just go back and start over with Oh I miss it so much. I mean I would love to go back for one more moment. That man, why does everyone on this show have to hook up near other people? Are they just exis?
Speaker 1: Because you never know what's going to happen in the mix, and maybe it's time to swap o that's what's going on.
Speaker 8: I just think it's like this, Yeah, I don't know. It's it's still so weird to me to think about how little I thought about this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like wow, Like I just I was like, oh yeah, I was just sitting there and making up with Trina.
Speaker 8: Like the idea of kissing Trina right now, like as a full grown adult, like it is like so weird to me, But like back then, I literally was just like Patria was good. Yeah, she was married, had three kids, and I was just you know whatever.
Speaker 1: But I never thought about it.
Speaker 8: Was literally like my body and my mouth were just like owned by Boy Meets World and it would just be like cool Trina and like we were just friends, Like we were just good friends, and like the thought of like that level of comfort with somebody is just so weird.
Speaker 1: It's so weird.
Speaker 3: Well, when do you think that changed for you? Because I know we had conversations about it around the time of Girl Meets World and you didn't feel that way. Although it was a little for you to kiss Speryl when you not no, not like a big deal. You were like, yeah, it's a big deal, but like you didn't have to sit there and like a great out there was just like a no because you guys got married.
Speaker 1: Right it was Disney Channel.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I honestly don't even remember that. I don't remember it, So it was it was not an issue It was definitely not this though, Like this intense level of like getting the audience to goo, like that did not happen on Disney Channel, right, Like no, and I don't think that would happen.
Speaker 5: Anywhere these days.
Speaker 8: Like I just think that that's not part of our our television culture anymore, unless it's like full on HBO. I was gonna say, unless it's you know, unless it's Extreme Hockey the show or whatever, and then it becomes like that's what it becomes about. Right, It's like how sexy is a show? Or even what's the teenage show that was Big Flori, right like that where it's like explicit and the whole point is like, but like this where it's like, say, fun it's so weird, Yes.
Speaker 1: So weird. Euphoria may be so glad I didn't have children. I was like, oh god, I never have to deal with this.
Speaker 5: I've never watched it.
Speaker 1: Never, Oh god, I watched one or two episodes. I was like, Nope, not for me.
Speaker 3: Well, Sean wonders, why are you guys going at it? And it's definitely not because they want privacy. That's not the Product's not Corys.
Speaker 5: The married couple just sitting across the room while.
Speaker 1: This literal popcorn eating popcorn watching another couple just.
Speaker 3: Got it our own apartment we could go to, and we just know. Cory scoffs, Shani, you don't understand what I got here. Once you start up this engine, it's NonStop to Puerto Rico. Angelo sarcastically respond.
Speaker 5: This is okay. So do you guys remember the note session for this?
Speaker 8: Because Ben could speak Spanish, so he pronounced it correct Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: Michael gave him so much. What is that? That's not funny?
Speaker 8: And Ben was like, but that's the way you pronounced it. He's like, it's poorto rico. Do I have to write it.
Speaker 5: In the script? P o r t Oh, that's the way it's funny. Puere doo rico. That's not funny.
Speaker 1: He's right, it's that funny funny remember that at all? Oh my god, it was so I.
Speaker 8: Never died because Ben was like, yeah, okay, he gave it. He cave but he was like, yeah, it's right, it's not funny.
Speaker 5: Nless word. But also this, I don't know what this line means.
Speaker 3: I actually thought he was talking about Topanga, but like, but he was talking about him that I can't just make out because once I start making out, I'm gonna have to skirt, right.
Speaker 5: Is that what he said?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 10: Okay, but he said it a little more crassly than I would, But that's what I was at. But the next line, we lost her, and then we lost her.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't tell you. Daniel's on the road right now with Dancing with the Stars again. She's in a hotel room in Texas talking about Corey and to Panga.
Speaker 3: So I don't know where my camera went.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: I am, oh my god, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, that that is what he meant.
Speaker 8: She starts the way he like points to her. I thought he meant her, and I was like, is the implication that she's such a sex kitten that you get her going?
Speaker 5: But then she says, I don't even know what that means. I was like, I neither do I dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boat no, yeah, And that's why I get because then it made her saying I don't even know what he's talking about kind of funny because if he was talking about her, then it's like just denial. But when when he's talking about himself and she goes, what are you even.
Speaker 1: Talking about like settle down.
Speaker 3: You know, you're not that great. Corey stares off into the distance. That's right, Papa don't make sense. Okay, it's all.
Speaker 1: Now. I have a question because I thought the same thing when that came up. Do you think this is slightly Eric's character infecting the rest of the cast, meaning like Will doing funny voices and just saying words is good. Let's try it with other characters.
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, because that I beg he does Papado makes sense?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's oh, so much of this season has been that.
Speaker 8: It's just pushing people into insane levels of like you know, and that's why I think I'm so uncomfortable is because I don't really do that very well. You don't like episode though, I'm just like, I don't know, like I'm just not like Yanna.
Speaker 1: Yes, I like how you and Corey were saying the same thing at the same time a lot in this episode, like in.
Speaker 3: Real life that, yeah, that's what happens a lot.
Speaker 1: I had that. I was like, Okay, yeah, we brought back the ha.
Speaker 8: Which hasn't been sin since like season two.
Speaker 3: When Rachel storms in I hate this job, she imitates her supervisors Rachel. The shower drains clogged, Rachel. Somebody pooked in the hall Rachel. The candy machines out of cornnuts. Sean is concerned it is well fix it. Rachel reminds him she's a resident advisor and not a vending machine stuffer, and that she only took this job for the one berkday. Giver Angela blurts out a great roommate. No, Rachel reveals parking spot. That's what I get, A place to park my little beetle near my room. Corey excitedly runs over to Sean and giggles, I've never seen our redhead so fiery. I like it. Rachel continues to complain, I had to walk a mile and a half because of some stupid, selfish spot grubbing moron. This part again, what we're about to do makes no sense. How you now know you parked in her spot when you were going to faint that.
Speaker 1: Sean never had a car that we ever even talked about before, so.
Speaker 8: I had the same thought because we did bring that up. I remember during one of our recapster like, does Sean have a car?
Speaker 1: A car?
Speaker 5: How does he pay for anything? Doesn't you?
Speaker 3: Well, Sean suggests maybe that moron didn't know it was yours. Rachel, go why you you parked in my spot? Her just saying someone parked in my spot wouldn't make you.
Speaker 1: Know that it was you unless there's a sign that says saved for resident Advisor Rachel Maguire.
Speaker 3: And he just didn't.
Speaker 8: All I share to do is reference what kind of car it is? She says, whoever parked their stupid Nissan in my thing?
Speaker 5: And that's what Sean goes, Oh, but instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why you're right, like, yeah, the funny joke, mora, Yeah, somebody parked their nasty red Corolla in my spot? God, who would do that?
Speaker 4: And surely is not nasty like.
Speaker 1: Something like that where you've named your car, I mean super easy. But now they don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sean tells her not to have a hissy fit, which makes her angrier. If you don't move your car right now, I will use my power as ra to see that you do. Sean pretends to be afraid.
Speaker 5: Whoa whoa are you.
Speaker 3: Gonna what are you gonna do? Ban me from the soda machine, revoke my corn nut privileges. Corey adds she can't do that, and Sean twists the knife because there aren't Jenny, and then they both laugh in her face. Rachel finally puts her foot down. She angrily explains the boys are currently breaking the rules because they're in the room after hours, so she's them from the dorms all together. Sean laughs, but the audience is concerned, letting out an oh now. Nervous asks Angela, can she do that? Rachel answers, I just did. Sean is shocked and dismayed. Corey, who's still eating popcorn, explains, you can't be both. You be shocked, I'll be dismayed. Corey has heard enough, Wifey, we're leaving. Walk behind me. The panga crosses her arms. I'm staying now by the door. A stunned Corey asks Sean, you hear that? Shocked, she's staying. The boy's mosey back to Rachel, and Corey threatens her and his half Italian, half Jewish old man accent, you're gonna be sorry, home wrecker. Sean schimes in with an oh yes. Then they both drammatically hold their head tie and confidently walk out of the room. The Penga somehow knows that this means trouble. Oh, but Rachel isn't concerned pagansists. Trust me, I've known Corey and Sean longer than you have. You do not want to make them upset.
Speaker 5: Because they're so good at what.
Speaker 1: I think they're kind of referencing all the hijinks from the past, whether or not they did it as hygiene.
Speaker 8: Oh, I agree, I agree. The only time that we ever played on this trope really was the B episode right there, because that one it was like, we're so good at and it was the same time then it was like where are we Where is the point?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 5: So I yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Then you broke the head. It's like you're actually bad at them. That's what we've established. Yes, you go too far, Corey gets dragged along, something catastrophic happens, there's a lesson at the end, or you kind of get away with it.
Speaker 8: But like it's all of which would have been so much funnier if we'd just been like, we're going to get you and no matter what we do, Phoene's going to be on our.
Speaker 5: Side and he's going to teach us a lesson. And you know, if we just made those jokes that were actually built into the show. It would have been so much funnier.
Speaker 1: But it kind of work though, because you do suck at it and you end up really hurting somebody that you care about.
Speaker 8: I guess you're right, so I mean it does. But then somebody should be saying that. Somebody should be saying, uh, you know, like Topega should.
Speaker 5: Be like, actually, what happens is and then she explains, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I also think that, like there's a missed opportunity if we're banned from the dorm, Like there could be a whole sequence of us just sneaking into the dorm or breaking, you know, trying.
Speaker 5: To get into that. That would have been just as funny as a.
Speaker 3: Prank war, Like what doesn't have been smart for Rachel to be the one to go. I hope I didn't go too far and Forega to be like, oh no, don't worry. They think they're good at this.
Speaker 5: But they're horrible. Nothing.
Speaker 3: What's the worst that could happen? You know? But then it ends up being Rachel who's hurt at the end.
Speaker 1: Like right, yeah, Topanga actually joining their team and then then be like, oh, you want to be on a team, and she's like yeah, because you guys suck at this. You need you need me?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, think about every Corey scheme. How's it end up?
Speaker 1: That's perfect, that's I'm going to help you. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Rachel assures her she's not scared, but Tapega suggests maybe you should be their maniacs. And then the next morning Rachel and Angela's.
Speaker 8: Dorm Rache, actually, yeah, it should have been to Panga that took apart the car, because she's the only one who has the brains to do that.
Speaker 5: Like, it should have been her, Like, you know, they're.
Speaker 8: Like, what if we get a little car, a little fake toy car, and she's like, I can do one better, And then we cut to the seat and then it's like Topanga being a part of the team.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Well, let's get back to that writer's room.
Speaker 1: It turns out to Panga is actually the greatest prankster in the history of the world by herself. She's just never been involved in it. But when she's they're so elaborate and amazing that it's like she's incredible.
Speaker 5: Then they'd have to give a woman credit for something.
Speaker 3: Though, how funny would it be for Feene to be like Corey and Sean moved a car, got a car, and then and be like, well, actually, be like that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly believe you.
Speaker 1: Nobody believes you, Like, it couldn't have been you couldn't that would.
Speaker 9: Have been great.
Speaker 3: Rachel is sound asleep when a car alarm starts blaring in lights or flashing in her eyes. She groggily wakes up and sees it's only six am. Then we hear Angelas start to panic from the other side of the room. We're still focused on Rachel, though, whose jaw is now on the floor. We pull out to reveal that her red VW Beetle is now parked inside the dorm room and now repeating step away from the car, step away from the car.
Speaker 1: This is from Real Genius, by the way, this is a straight up pull from the movie Real Genius.
Speaker 5: Right where they put a bit, took a part of car.
Speaker 1: Took a part of car, and they put his car. But again they did it because this doesn't actually make any sense, and I'm not nitpicking, but they brought in a car and built it in front of everybody, like while the other two people are sleeping. Doesn't make any sense. Whereas in Real genius. The guy opens up the door and they've not only brought his car into the room, but they've triggered it so it looks like it's sleeping, so it's going, oh my god, on top of his bed. So it's like he finds it as opposed to did they build the.
Speaker 5: Car while they drug Angela and.
Speaker 1: Rachel? Because they literally are building a car, a whole car in her room.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that one that didn't make a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: But hey, no, it's Erkele's also at erkle Bot, so it's CGIF. What are we going to?
Speaker 3: Exactly? What are you gonna do? And then we cut to the student union. Rachel's scream echoes through the building and we see Corey and Sean, unaffected, happily drinking coffee. They cheers to their successful and completely impossible prank. Okay, let's go to the student union. Later, Rachel, Angela, and mister Peene come rushing in. A furious Rachel points to the boys they are. Corey innocently greets them, Hey, mister Pheeniey Angela residented by their McGuire. Sean smiles and acknowledges his girlfriend, good morning, Ange, my Angela. She snaps back shut it. He doesn't get why she's mad at him, but she reveals I nearly broke my toe trying to get over a car on the weight of a closet. Corey is dumbfounded a car and he and Sean ask in unison, in your room. Sean can't believe it. Isn't that a violation of dorm rules. Corey suggests they should report her to the authorities, but Sean reminds him Rachel is the authorities. So again in unison, they scream, there's a car in your room, lady. Rachel smirks, Oh, you both think you're so clever, don't you. Cory and Sewan celebrate with one another, admitting yeah, pretty much, and they trade compliments back and forth. Rachel encourages Phoeni to get them, so he begins his lecture. This kind of behavior is juvenile and unbefitting of college sophomores. So like, we do have this moment where she references like, this is what happens when Corey and Sean go too far and thing Phoene steps in and there's a lesson, and there's something you know, there's there's repercussions. I think maybe had we just called it out a little bit more, it would have felt like a more solid through line.
Speaker 1: But it's not that we didn't.
Speaker 3: But we didn't, and it's okay. Rachel encourages Phoiney to get them, so he begins his lecture. This kind of behavior is juvenile and unbefitting of college sophomores. Then he gets serious. Did you really put a car in a room? They nod and he drops the act. He's impressed. They all giggle together. Phany quickly snaps out and turns his professor voice back on. However, these kinds of antics will not be tolerated. Then he turns back to the boys, intrigued, I mean, how did you do it? They all laugh together once again. Corey grabs the car apart from behind the couch and shows it off. Looky, looky, lookie. Rachel snaps Phoenie out of it, and he explains, I'm sorry, but there are no rules in the books about putting cars in rooms. Was there loud music emanating from the car? Rachel admits no, and Phoenie explains then ye. Rachel remembers, they set off my alarm to wake me up. Phoene, now serious, turns to the boys, only to smile again. Well, that's just playing brilliant, and yet again they shared obnoxious laugh. Who is this, mister Peenie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Rachel, also confused, ask Sphoene, so you're not going to teach them a lesson? And he defiantly answers no, And you can't make me, so she's not giving up. For the past two years, I've had to endure all these stories about the great mister Feenie and his amazing lessons, and now they put a volks wagon in my room and you have not one lousy lesson. Phoene shrugs, All right, here's a lesson. Relax, take a nice drive into your closet. He and the boys burst into another fit of laughter, also giving Foene a round of high fives and encouragement.
Speaker 1: Do you think Bill cared is the wrong word because he's he's a professional and he's Bill Daniels, So every job was important to him and he was going to give it one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: He always committed. But do you think he didn't even care anymore?
Speaker 1: Where it was just like he read the script, whatever, whatever, they have me doing That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 5: I'm not his.
Speaker 1: Mouth in the in the seventh, like first couple of years, I remember him pushing back on things and talking about you know, different beats and stuff like that. Other than the b episode where I was frustrates.
Speaker 8: That was season six, I think, yeah, yeah, that was last season where he got married, So I think he pushed back that week.
Speaker 5: But I think after that he has just checked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too, because also.
Speaker 8: He's you know, he hasn't been in a lot of episodes this season, and I think when he is, he's just whatever doing it.
Speaker 1: But I can't imagine him coming in seeing this and being like this was not Phoenie's cat. Like he would have done that in the first couple of seasons, but I just don't see him doing that anymore.
Speaker 8: No, because I think we all know the show's ending, right, he knows that this is his last hurrah, so like fighting for the integrity of Feeni, which just wasn't worth it.
Speaker 4: We were all just playing such goofy characters at this point that I think he was like, this is fine, Yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rachel screams, you all disgusted me Phoeney responds, oh can it McGuire? They got you ha ha. Then he walks away. Rachel warns Corey and Seawan, well, I hope you know this means war. Correy asks war with us? Sewn adds, trust me, babe, you don't want to go there. Corey boasts Corey and Sean are undefeated in matters such as these. He turns to Sean, impressed with himself. He just referred to himself in the third person. Sean thinks it was a nice touch, and Corey agrees Corey too funny, and.
Speaker 1: Then he just freaks out, what do I say?
Speaker 3: But Rachel thinks they shouldn't be too sure of themselves. They've never tangled with Rachel maguire before. Corey mocks her with gibberish, matching her.
Speaker 1: Is it all Cartman? Is that what we're doing?
Speaker 3: Yeh?
Speaker 5: Do you think it's in the script that it says cartman or do you think it was just mocking?
Speaker 8: And just then yeah, I'm so curious what it says on the script.
Speaker 5: I want to see it's so bad.
Speaker 3: I think it just says mocking, because I mean, I know that was just him taking it to another level, like I think he was literally just supposed to say yeah, but yeah, so funny. Rachel is offended and has a little preview of what's to come. She grabs a water bottle and pours the water all over Corey's head and inside his shirt.
Speaker 1: Do you ever during the scene? Stop every time got to the water.
Speaker 8: Stop It was so panicky that we wasting to take because we got wet.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 3: We couldn't do the same thing as the haircut, although not really because he could just try the clothes, but ptil it would take a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, screaming stop stop, oh my god.
Speaker 3: He shouts at her multiple times. All right, all right, and once she stops, he laughs. Untils Sean, I think I'm melting. Sean turns to Angela, honey, please do something at least a little clever. She seductively traces her water bottle down his body before opening his pants and pouring water inside. The inmates go nuts and he shrugs your loss.
Speaker 5: What because she froze my nuts?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this penus.
Speaker 5: That's why he's got shrinking shrinkage.
Speaker 3: Lost lost, You're lost, okay. Then to Pinga walks up to a now drenched, Corey and Sean, what is going on? Rachel fills her in about the car situation, and Topeka's is actually impressed. Nice one. She high fives them both. Also, so she had nothing to do, nothing to do.
Speaker 4: She's not on the team yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she joins the team, and then she's not part of the next prank either.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 5: Correct, she only gets pranked.
Speaker 1: But that's the point. Is that, that's why, that's the point, is like, yeah, of course you're part of the team, but then she's really not part of the team.
Speaker 3: They do everything without me. Anyway. I'm also wearing that. I think it's that same bad shake leather jacket that.
Speaker 1: I've are in some sort of pleather situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a pleather It's like a nice little pleather number.
Speaker 1: I just thought I was like, oh, to Panga's a bad girl this episode, I know, going on. Yeah, leather jacket.
Speaker 3: Whoorror exactly. Corey beans and admits to his wife, we dedicated to you. Rachel and Angela scream in unison to Panga, she says she wore them to Pega wines join our side and teach these guys a lesson to Pega throws her arms around Corey and Sean. Sorry, guys, I have to go with them. Corey assures her, good move, go with the more experienced to Peka tells the girls they need me more. They're just not smart. I do say that.
Speaker 8: I know, okay, but it would have been so great if this is what preempted the car. So when you were going to do a stupid prank, you upped our garn. We got the car, earned Phoene's respect every you know, because it was smarter than anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It also would be then even more offensive that like I helped you with the first one, although then I guess the whole point was I wouldn't be able to be quite offended because they involved me in the first one versus this one is like the very first that crank you do after a join. You don't even include me on. But yeah, okay. Topeka assures them she was just kidding. She'd never want to go against Corey and Sean. Rachel regroups with Angela. This isn't there. It's two against three. Angela agrees we need more troops. Rachel nods, we need someone highly intelligent, cagey with a cracksy mind, hot for the boy's apartment. Eric is trying to open a can by twisting the lid off a freshly frosted tips. Jack stands nearby and awe and Eric frustratingly gruns, I'm having trouble opening this jar. Jack points out that's because it's a can. We see Rachel and Angela in the corner of the room watching it all unfold. Rachel lunges toward Jack. We choose you, Eric beggs, no choose me, but their attention is solely on Jack. You have to be on our side. We're outnumbered again. Eric volunteers, I'll be on your side. Then Sean jumps in. He's with Corey and Tapega in the kitchen. Jack, you're my brother. Brothers can't be on opposite sides of a war. He then pulls Jack over to their side. Sorry, ladies, but that's the way it is, and there's nothing you can do. Rachel Sashchet's up to Jack and grabs his hand. Could be really fun to be on the same fig. Eric Lowers's voice steel desperate. I'm fun. Jack is in sourcel you think so. Pega tries to snap him out of the trance. Jack, you know how good Corey and Sean are at this? You don't want to go against them. Rachel persists with flirting. You know, Jack, we were close ones. Who knows what can happen when.
Speaker 5: Your relationship once not just close?
Speaker 8: They were like in love for a moment and then broke up off camera away.
Speaker 3: Wait in love? Off camera?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like such a waste of character.
Speaker 1: It was because it was actually a really interesting relationship. Or could it be?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Could have been?
Speaker 3: Who knows what can happen when two people are caught up in the heat of a battle. Corey throws a red napkin in the air. Hold on, that's a fowl? No fare? Offering cookies, Rachel teases, did Jack forget how good my cookies were? What was it?
Speaker 1: Pokey?
Speaker 5: Sinkhole stinkle.
Speaker 1: Stinkhle Oh God.
Speaker 3: God left out a very familiar whoa.
Speaker 1: Oh that was dude, so funny it was?
Speaker 5: It wasn't a very good woe. I feel like I could do a perfect.
Speaker 1: It was perfect for what it was. Yes, it was perfect for what it was. What I'm so.
Speaker 8: Curious how this went down because I have a feeling was it Do you think it was written in the script like a Joey Lawn's impression.
Speaker 2: No, I think it was whoa and you went whoa and then laugh the laugh Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 3: And the fact that Matt points at you and gives that smile like there's there's a real smile under the Yeah. So yeah, Matt. The audience they love it. So Rachel whispers to Jack, let me remind you, and she starts kissing his ear. Jack seen enough he's with her. Unexpectedly, Sean admits, so am I. Corey turns to Japanga, wouldn't it okay if I went no, okay, no, because.
Speaker 5: We're all ensorceled by her kissing Jack's ear.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, if you lick an ear, all the guys want to go for Rachel McGuire yep, take an.
Speaker 1: Ear over a foot. I guess suck a toe different than Aas.
Speaker 3: Eric addresses the elephant in the room, I know both sides want me, but I'm going to reserve my decision until I hear all the pitches. Angela has an idea. No, see, you're Corey's brother, you need to go over to his side. She physically pushes him into the kitchen. Corey shouts back, no, No, he's Jack's best friend. He should be on their side, and they push him right back. Jack says no one wants Jack says it would be a really unfair advantage, so he pushes Eric away again, prompting Eric to yell out not fighting over me, guys fighting over me. He announces that he's made his decisions, then leans over to Rachel. Will he get any cookies? She says no, so he tries again, how about a cracker? She shakes her head, nothing, he misheard her, Mutton. She doesn't respond, So the deal is done. Fine, you'll get it.
Speaker 5: Such a dumb series of jokes, but it did make me laugh. Wow, like what he said, Mutton, And I was like, okay, you got me. You know the cracker joke.
Speaker 8: I was like, it's a cookie you call back, but the crackers pretty funny.
Speaker 5: And then Mutton, Oh my god, you got me.
Speaker 3: You got me. That's how they get you, That's how they She doesn't respond. Fine, you'll regret this one day. I've already decided on. He begins to spin, warming up his fingers to point at his choice. Everyone ducks to avoid him, but he finally lands on Corey. He grabs his brother and throws him to the ground as he straddles and he whispers, what.
Speaker 5: Was happening here?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 1: But the funny thing is, so I didn't know where I got this from, but I do this to Susan. So it's one of those things where it's one of you, you know, because we've seen Matt's expression where he's like where I'm like, so you're lying in the bed, and I'll trap her on top underneath the thing and like get into her ear. It's like, how here you go? And she's like, oh, oh yeah, head where it came from?
Speaker 8: Well, but I think maybe you had already done it, and you did it because I may why are you doing.
Speaker 1: In somebody's ear?
Speaker 8: And you're like the hot I bet you in the shipt It was just like he tackles Corey, he tackles Jack, and you just made it this whole like mountain and whispering with a list I.
Speaker 1: Am watchings I about to assue. She's like, oh god, this is where you got it from. Good morning here you know you can go.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, she whispers, and Jack there too. I'm not really on your team. I'm a sound Oh my god, Mad is totally breaking as he's very much uncomfortable. We are now in Phoene's classroom. Mister Phoene is explaining how the.
Speaker 10: Sudden sixth grade history class.
Speaker 5: Just the dates of the Civil War behind him.
Speaker 1: But that's only there's no names, no like civil War. And Matt and I are seniors. You're all sophomores. But we're in the science class.
Speaker 5: Mc square. Welcome to science class.
Speaker 1: It's Civil War. We're in college.
Speaker 3: Ah, Peene says, the war turned friend against friend and brother against brother. Eric stands up and shouts, mister Phoene, this war must be stopped. Why why are you now so now all of a sudden, you were like opposed to the war.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody wanted me, so now the whole thing has to end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I know I don't know that. And I keep bringing that back that I'm a spy like that did that runner keeps coming back a bunch of time.
Speaker 3: Peene is impressed. Your passion for the material is admirable, but not to worry. The Civil War was fought over one hundred years ago. Eric groans, Oh, no one cares about that crap I'm talking about now, make them call it off. I don't want to see anybody get hurt. Phoene has no idea what he's talking about and ads completely deadpan, that's the way. Uh huh uh huh, I like it?
Speaker 1: My god?
Speaker 5: How do you think they explained this to Bill?
Speaker 1: What I loved it?
Speaker 5: Uh huh the way?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: Phoene closes his textbook and tells them tomorrow they'll go over the first shot fired on Fort Sumter. Everyone goes their separate ways, but when Angela tries to get Pashan, he tries to pull her hand. She snatches her arm back, and he complains, come on, I was just looking for a little kids. I'm cue Jack and Rachel run up and Warner don't do it. He's on the other side. Sewn assures her it's fine, so she gives in. All right, he'll put your hands where I can see them. Penga jumps in that goes both ways hands up with their hands raised. They give each other a peck on the lips, and both sides boo, except Eric, who legs them all to stop. I can't take this anymore. Friend against friend, brother against brother. Don't you realize nothing good can come from this? He grabs Rachel's arm and throws it in the air, saying, we surrender. She quickly pulls it down. No we don't. So he walks over to Corey and throws his hand in the air. Then we surrender. Corey pulls his arm away, Get away from me. Eric whispers to him, I make by. I want both sides remember because we did. Eric tries to lift his brother off his chair, but he doesn't Budge puzzled, can't move. He's duck and so are his teammates. Sean realizes they've been super glued to the chairs to pank. A skirt is ruined. The other team smirks, but Sean calls them amateurs. Eric doesn't get it. You're not Cory grins. This is nothing. It's not even clever. Sean shakes his head, not worthy of comments. Rachel heads to the door, knough well, what if it isn't over? Then she pulls on a chain it's magically hanging from.
Speaker 1: It's also a slow poll where she pulls on the chain, but then you hold for ninety seconds.
Speaker 3: Honey has to fall. Take a long time for money to get there.
Speaker 1: By the way, Danielle, this scene coming up with the bear. This was the scene with the bear bear?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember the one you didn't remember?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I remember this very well because I do you remember them, Pat, We talked about this, but they passed out pamphlets saying, don't have food, don't move fast.
Speaker 5: And here we were literally covered in honey in front.
Speaker 8: Of this bear and they had a little wire, one little wire in the doorway, and the bear actually had a chain around his.
Speaker 1: Neck that would have stopped it.
Speaker 8: It's like an electrified wire, and the idea is that if it hits that with its nose or whatever, it's bad. But then it's standing in the doorway.
Speaker 1: So this seemed really kind of dangerous to me, if I'm totally honest with you. Yeah, it's weird. What the hell is going on?
Speaker 8: I thought this was really well executed, honestly, Like except I think the shot of the bear could have been a better because it was such a clear insert without us in it, Like it would have been better to see a wide shot from over our shoulder with the bear in frame, because we did do it in frame, if I remember correctly, So the fact that we don't have that shot is a little bomber. But otherwise, like the way the honey reveal is perfect, the little drips and then man, the way I get nailed.
Speaker 1: You did a classic Nickelodeon slimed thing. I am class. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: No notes for getting slammed on the count. That's so you did it right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I agree if we had seen us, and if you're right that, because I was thinking, well, we didn't do it, obviously, I don't remember us doing it with the bear there, but.
Speaker 1: That I thought we did. You must not have, because there's no way they wouldn't have used it. I mean, why would they not. They must have been like because again to tiny little wire, you're covered in honey, you're in chairs like you know that thing charges you're done. So that makes sense that they just had to do it as an insert the whole time because it would have been just too dangerous.
Speaker 3: Well, nothing happens at first, but her team walks away with smiles on their faces. They know what's to come. A drop of something sticky falls from the ceiling onto Tapanga's books, forcing a jump scare. Then they all look up and huge gloves of honey fall perfectly onto their heads as it's stripping from their hair and into their eyes and all over their clothes. Topanga confirms what is pretty obvious, honey. Corey asks what, and Topanga repeats honey. Corey again says, and she snaps, it's honey, idiot.
Speaker 1: Okay, television magic or actual honey, actual honey, it was honey. They had interesting Okay.
Speaker 3: Wow, yep, yep. It really did take forever to get out.
Speaker 5: Of my air.
Speaker 1: How could it not? My god?
Speaker 3: Uh, Corey is stoked. Ooh, I love honey. Come here. He starts to look it off to Pega's hand when Sean pipes up. Okay, okay, so we're glued to the seats and we're sticky. Corey shrugs the frank off. It's pretty good. It's not great. Then here comes it's going to happen, guys, there's going to be a bear. A deep growl founds from off stage. It's a black bear at the door, and he lets out another loud grown Corey corrects his earlier statement. Now it's great. The massive bear starts to move, so they all jump out of their seats, underwear showing because the fabric's been ripped off, but it's nowhere to be seen on the chairs and as a team. They all jump out the window. They would have.
Speaker 5: Stuck it to the chairs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, good call.
Speaker 3: And there, my friends, is the bear because I didn't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was that. That was the scene, the one with the bear.
Speaker 3: There it is, that's the one with the bear. Remember. Huh Nope, I remember the honey. I remember the honey. Don't remember the bear.
Speaker 1: You don't remember jumping out the window? Nothing else? Nope, nope, No, that was another hold. That was another rusty stop stop. It was a lot of rusty yelling stop this week because we had before jumping out before the honey, like you shot it up to the honey. You shout it up to the honey.
Speaker 4: You shot it up to that, because once it's down, you're done.
Speaker 3: So yeah, once the honey is on, you're shooting everything post honey. Yea, and nothing before. Okay. Then we're in the student union. Corey, Topanga and Shown are still covered in honey in their ripped pants, complaining to mister Feenney. He asks them a bear, a ferocious predator mauling about my class. They all nod, not even adding a little bear impersonation to really paint a picture for him. Phoeneus ownswell, you must have been glued to your seat. He man, I play lad before walking away without a care in the world for their safety or the safety of others. Corey shouts after him, we could have died. Phoeenie signs yeah and then snaps his finger like he's disappointed.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah to fang It.
Speaker 3: Frantically asks the guys what they're going to do to retaliate. Corey calms her down and calls her catwoman. Sewn assures her they're going to get them back to bangs them. Tell me, tell me what are we going to do? Then we oddly fade in the next day, at the student union, Corey and Sean are casually sitting in the common area when Jack, Angela, and Rachel all walk in. Eric is playing pool nearby, keeping an eye on all the actions. They all share awkward highs, and Rachel braggs you had enough now that you know who you're dealing with. Jack wonders if they're ready to discuss the terms of their surrender. Angela tunts them, can you bear to continue? Eric says he's had enough of this. He begs one of them to surrender already. Corey shakes his head, no surrender, Sean smirks, and speaking of bear, they look toward the counter where a group of students have gathered in a huddle. Rachel asks for guys, what's going on and they claim they don't know. Let they clear they know. Rachel moves the crowd and pushes them aside, revealing a huge picture of her hanging on the wall, covering her body with just a fuzzy blanket.
Speaker 5: Corey and Sean, what do you guys think is worse? This or going through her underwear drawer and reading her journal?
Speaker 1: Like we did this because it's public.
Speaker 8: This is because it's public because in that episode it was cute boys will be boys, right, which was kind of despicable, And in this case, it's treated as if like they've crossed such a big line, And I'm like, I feel like going through underwear was just as bad.
Speaker 3: I agree that it's that it's maybe just as bad. And the thing that actually bothers me about it is the fact that Jack showed them or and we showed Sean is the real offense, because that was something that was gifted to Jack that he never should have shared. The actual like photo of her, she's she has one arm that is shown, and then she has a blanket in front of the rest of her body. It's not she's not even in Baby. She's been more naked fully in clothes on the show in lingerie comfortable, Like, so, I feel like reading someone's journal and going through their underwear floor is not the idea of revenge porn is worse than that, But it's not that much worse. But this particular insistence of revenge, that's.
Speaker 1: What wasn't it supposed to represent? More Like you're supposed to imagine that she's n exactly. It's like they found a naked picture of her and they put it up, but they can't do that. So in your mind, it's supposed to be like, this is revenge porn.
Speaker 4: Yes is yes, which sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's awful totally and it should never ever and now there are thankfully laws against it. There used to be no laws against that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Corey and Sean share a hearty laugh about their prank, but Rachel looks mortified. Very dramatic music planes and she's fighting back tears. She asks, how could you? Cory and Shawn's grin fade quickly as she begins to sob Jack quickly tears down the picture. This joke trying to be here, and it's supposed to be funny that there are three versions of it while she's sobbing is such an uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: Like well, that's the thing. It's like I can't decide this is still use her to block her. That's actually very funny. The problem is then the maccistionness comes in what we're supposed to think it's real and what we're supposed to care about. I'm like, just end on that joke, like just and then just make it be like, yeah, she was upset, but it said we're all supposed to be like really aware of how upset Rachel is and how and it's like really, I don't Yeah and again yeah, like you said, like the grossest thing is sharing a picture of your girlfriend, like a private naked picture of your girlfriend. I've never had anybody do that, Like that's pretty gross. Like I would be really grossed out off. Like one of my friends was like, chuck out my wife or look at my girlfriend.
Speaker 5: I would be like, dude, I'm.
Speaker 8: Sure it happens all the time. I guess it does, but I can't I've never been in a world where that has been like fair game.
Speaker 1: I also never and people are like, come on, I've never had a woman send me naked pictures of herself.
Speaker 8: Oh well, that I would never be like, and like, you know, like like obviously I've attracted to somebody and like to see them naked.
Speaker 5: I would never then be like, I can't wait to show.
Speaker 1: To somebody else I want to show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to high five over how hot my what?
Speaker 1: It goes even grosser because he's your brother and the line you use is brothers show each other every Really, I guess our writers did.
Speaker 5: That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, I couldn't imagine showing anything like that to friends. But I also couldn't imagine showing anything like that to your brothers.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, So Jack tries again to rip the poster down, but the same thing happens. There's another one underneath, so instead he places a crying Rachel in front of the poster to cover it up, and this does get a laugh. Eric shakes his head. I knew it. I knew this was going to happen. Corey and Shawn are silent, staring at the floor, and then we go to a tense commercial break. We're back at the student union. Eric is scolding the boys. You have only yourselves to blame. I hope you feel really bad.
Speaker 1: This was a super weird beat because it was like Eric is scolding them, but I almost look like I have a smile on my face. And then I just walked out of the scene. It was like, what by what's the point?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: Why not just come up? And Eric's not there? Like what was this? It just was really a strange moment for me.
Speaker 1: What the hell's happening?
Speaker 3: I know, I don't know why they needed to act ly, They needed to remind the audience in case they just start tuning in during this commercial break that you are against.
Speaker 1: This, right, I don't know, Maybe that's it.
Speaker 3: Rachel is sitting on the couch with Jack and Angela trying to console her. Corey finally speaks up, Look, Rachel, I'm really sorry. We were just picking it up a step, that's all. You know. You look really good in the picture, right, Sean. Sean types up, yeah, really good. I even made a wallet size for myself here, my goodness. He shows them, and Angela immediately tells him to rip it up, so he does. Angela says they went too far. This was bad. Rachel snaps at her. Look, Angela, I don't know who side you're really on. Angela's taken it back. What do you mean I'm on your side? Rachel isn't so sure. I had that picture made when Jack and I were dating, and I've had it under my bed ever since. Jack is still marveling at the image. I've missed it like crazy, Rachel. Angela is the only one who's had access to it. Corey is concerned. Ah, Rachel swear she would never do something like this. Rachel counter, sure you would, he's your boyfriend. Angela can't believe the accusation, and Rachel asks, you never let Sean into our room. Angela puts two and two together and turns to Sean and disbelieve you said you left a book in my room. Cory again grunts. Oh. Rachel shouts, I knew it. Angela can't believe Sean lied to her. Sean defends himself. More, Angela, the thing all's fair in that. Angela's not having it. You betrayed my trust for a sick joke. Corey lets out A, now very pained, Oh.
Speaker 1: Did you either of you think about the shots that were not used, because you know what I'm saying, Like, they did a photo and it must have done an entire photo shoot to get this picture. And so there's a number of shots, pictures that far farther than this, and they settled on this one, right.
Speaker 3: Angela screams in horror and slaps her boyfriend repeatedly, you showed him that. Finally, Corey stands up and shouts, hey, how come I never get to see nothing. Rachel isn't done with Jack. That was a private gift for me to you, He says, I know, I'm sorry, all right. He pulls her in for a hug and shoots darts at Sean. I can't believe you, man. Rachel pulls away as Sean tries to talk her down. We're brothers, brothers tell each other everything. Jack snaps back, we're only hack brothers. I only have to tell you half. Rachel doesn't care. You weren't loyal to me, Jack, no one was. Angela counters I took your side. That's not there. So here's what going back to a little bit of the logic. So they had to just they had to figure out how she would how they would get this picture because there were no cell phones at the time. So the idea is that Rachel printed this picture, gave it to Jack. When they broke up, Jack gave it back to her. She put it under her mattress and then told Angela that photo existed and was under her mattress. Angela then told Sean that photo existed and was under her mattress.
Speaker 5: Or Sean just discovered it Sean underwear drawers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're trying to take Angela out of it to where she didn't have anything to do with it. Jack told got it.
Speaker 8: Sean, Why did Jackie get I mean, we have to get the three of them against the three of the other.
Speaker 5: But it's like, yeah, it's so convoluted to try and get to this one.
Speaker 1: It started to stitch together with scotch tape a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Angela counters, I took your side. That's not fair. Jack also insists I'm on your side too. It's Corey and shann They should be mad at Corey and Sean look at them nervously. Then to Bengo walks in with leaves stuck to her head. She still can't get the honey out of her hair, and apparently I sleep in a tree. She senses the tension and asks what's going on, and Rachel scoffs, oh, that you didn't know. Corey jumpson our team just got even their team's being a bad sport. She shot the.
Speaker 4: Bear stuff obviously right that was Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yes, yeah, yeah, because they would they wouldn't have been able to get everything out of your hair and then have you come back to shoot more that night.
Speaker 8: So no, but we should just shoot the previous student union seom where we were covered in honey.
Speaker 5: Still we went from the bear to then actually do that.
Speaker 8: So then this is the next day and they had to like fake her hair, gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 3: Yeah, tapeg is still clueless and Rachel's senses a rap. You're still going to pretend you don't know what they did to me. She unravels the giant picture. They blew this up for the whole wide world to sea fun huh, and she throws it on the ground. Corey turns to to Panga with a bugs bunny impression. Hey, honey, huh. He gets a little more serious. The legend continues. She isn't amused in the slightest. She apologizes to Rachel, I had nothing to do with this. She then turns to Corey and Sean and threatens them with a twig she's pulled from her hair. Why did I have nothing to do with this? Sean looks at Corey wide eyed. Uh oh, ta Panga continues, I am on your team. Remember Shawn shots again. Oh, she reminds Corey. We make decisions together, remember, Corey throws his hands in the air. It was Sean's idea. She turns to Sean and Corey now screams. Ta Penga stares down Sean. But of course, whenever there's trouble, Sean can't be too far behind. It was a nice toast at the wedding. She repeats his lines. It's Corey and Tapanga now, Cory and Tapanga are best friends, not Cory and Sean. I thought we were a team, Shawnashuser, they're all still in this together, and Topega snaps back, For once, I thought we were. For once, I thought it could be the three of us. That's why I wanted to be on your guys's team, to be a part of the legendary team. But I guess I'm not a weird time for Tapanga to not at all care. I mean, I guess that's the flying to it. We just don't care about Rachel. But like, and I guess I didn't really care about Rachel then when the when you guys were going through underwad Dor either, I was just like, oh, cuty the duties. So yeah, I feel like this is not It feels out of character for Japango, but I guess the character they've written for Channga for the last season, maybe this is kind of in character for her. Yeah, she apologizes to Rachel again, and Corey asks, what are you all taking Rachel's side? You've known me and me and Sean your whole life. You've known Rachel what a couple of years. Rachel looks devastated, and the inmates went out a big disappointed.
Speaker 5: Why is this the like lion crossing no idea, no.
Speaker 8: Like like he's just a stating effect and like right and being.
Speaker 1: Mean about it either, He's just kind of no.
Speaker 8: I mean, it seems like the Revenge Born is still the crossing the line, but because logistically they wanted to get the new cast versus the old cast for the whole war set up they had to make this the big moment. It's just not that insulting. This is not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: Well, to say I've only you've only known her for two years, you've known me since we were.
Speaker 5: Two, is like a very bad sentiment.
Speaker 3: Totally. He sees Rachel's reaction and he stops himself. Oh, Rachel, I'm really sorry. That's not how we think of you. Sean and says, no, it's not. Rachel is spiraling. How stupid am I? I actually thought that you guys were my friends. Angela jumps in, of course we are, Topanga adds Rachel, you were in our wedding. Rachel's voice begins to crack. I really thought that you guys let me into your special world. I guess the joke really is on me, and she runs out of the student union. Angela turns to Corey, Sean to Panga, and I guess it's no accident the way the teams were picked around here. Jack agrees, what a coincidence, huh lifelongers versus I guess I really don't know what we are.
Speaker 1: And Matt's expression there, I thought he was going to say a joke me too. I was a joke, and man I was like, oh no, oh nope, uh huh.
Speaker 3: They both walk away too, and Sean tries to call after them, but Corey and says it's okay, all right, it's you and you and me Nowga shakes her head and silently leaves. Corey doesn't even think about following after her and instead approaches Sean. All right, to you and me now. Then Sean walks away too. Now alone, Corey surveys the scene. Okay, I guess it's just me now. Then we are in Corey and Tepanga's apartment. Corey and t Panga are dressed for beds to arguing over the day's events that unfolded today. I cannot believe that you would take Rachel's side over mine to Penga, raises her voice. I took your side. I wanted to be on Corey and Sean's team. I was excited to be a part of that immortal friendship. You left me out, Corey, He argues, you were in the shower washing your hair for like eleven hours. She asks, do you know why a husband is supposed to tell his wife when he's going to do something so she can tell him what a stupid idea, it is. Before he does it, Corey explains, I don't want to think that you're not my best friend, and I do not want to think that I would ever hurt you. They lay down in silence.
Speaker 5: I do not want to think that you're not my best friend, and I do not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I do not want you to think that I I would ever hurt you.
Speaker 8: Right, I'm not a bad person. I'm just doing horrible things. But I'm not a bad person. You know me, you are you are my best friend, and you know I'm only a good person. So therefore all the bad things I'm doing don't count.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: I should be whatever I want.
Speaker 8: But if I say the right things and I make it okay, I'm a good person.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 8: I don't want you to think this about me, even though I'm doing these Just shut up, dude. And then he lays down and then screams at her. The next line is like and then he's like where.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They lay down in silence. Then Corey sits back up and yells, why was it a stupid idea? She explains, because you hurt someone's feelings? He responds, Rachel's, she adds, and mine to Panga lays back down and faces away from Corey. He sarcastically notes, oh great the butt, then plops down on the bed, also facing away from her. So yeah, I mean it is very interesting that them o of Corey is if I say I'm a good person, and I tell you that, you know it to be true. I am a good person.
Speaker 5: I am a good person.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 8: And what he's really upset about is how she's judging him. Yes, correct, because her judgment is incorrect because he is a good person.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And we're in the guy's apartment. Sean and Jack are awkwardly sitting in silence in the kitchen, so Eric uses the opportunity to speak up. He has a giant book in his hands. I've been reading a lot about this guy named Gandhi. Gandhi's an Indian. He's a Cherokee, I think, but it's not really important. Jay, Okay, let's uh move on. Not a doesn't age well. Doesn't age well this moment. He begins to tell the brothers about Gandhi's legacy. He's a master at solving all conflicts peacefully. The first thing we need to do is start a dialogue. Jack and Shawn stay completely silent, so Eric explains to have a dialogue. Somebody has to talk. He opens his GANDHI book just to check, and yeah, he's right, somebody does have to talk. So he asks who's going to start talking first. Jack speaks up to Sean, to hell with you man. Eric encourages them. That's good. Let's build from that. Sean grees to hell with you too. Eric isn't ready to give up. I don't think you guys are getting it. He flips through the book for more answers. He skips to the next chapter, which of course, is the Hunger Strike. The two of them are already eating, so Eric announces I will not eat or drink until the two of you make up. Okay, go oh. After a few seconds, he glances at Shawnsberger. That looks good. Then he looks over at Jack's food and we get the return of cartman voice. He need.
Speaker 1: Notice how most of my jokes now are food related. They are mutton crackers pie. That's the right to their strengths.
Speaker 3: Either of the guy who give him any attention. Eric assures them it's fine. He goes back to meditation, now saying yuh. At most a millisecond passes, and he admits I'm so freaking hungry, snatching the burger out of Sean's hands to devour it. Sean tells him to butt out, and Eric responds with a mouthful of burger. I can't butt out. I'm the peacemaker. That's why I was on both sides. Remember, Sean breaks it to him, you weren't on anybody's side. Eric laughs, what are you talking about? Everybody wanted me. Jack backs him up. Nobody wanted you. Eric is confused. Jack doesn't think twice before saying nobody wanted you on their team. Eric is visibly hurt. He ditches his GANDHI book and walks back to his room. Sean says, what did you do that for?
Speaker 1: And didn't Sean just do it first?
Speaker 8: It's like, now we're supposed to care about Eric the whole episode.
Speaker 1: We don't care.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, don't tell me what to do. Moron with that. Sean also grabs his stuff and leaves, and then we're back in the student union. Sean sits down for coffee with Angelina, a smile on his face. I know I do crazy things sometimes. I hope you still love me. Sean just trying to take the same Corey mentality. I know sometimes I do stupid, but it's okay, right, She smiles back, I'm not talking to you. She gets up and leaves, as Sean scoffs. We see the Tapangas at the table next to them. I'm not talking to you either. Then she gets up and walks away, But Sean is baffled. You and I are on the same team. She sarcastically declares, sure, we are, right. Well, here's my coffee. Why don't you make a toast?
Speaker 1: Boy? Yeah, everybody's taking this real personal.
Speaker 3: Real personal. Then she leaves him there all alone. Corey's about to walk into the building just as Angela is storming out. Cory says hi, but she responds, I'm not talking to you. Tapega now walks by them and echoes the feeling I'm not talking to you either. Then Angela adds to Panga to the mix, and I'm not talking to you. Tapega screams back, and I'm not talking to you. The girls storm off in different directions and we have an all out. Corey walks back inside to find Sean still drinking coffee. He takes the seat next to him and asks are you talking to me? Sean immediately tells him to shut up, and we get it to be continued on the bottom of the screen.
Speaker 1: How many how many of those have there been? How many two be continued episodes of Boy were there?
Speaker 5: Long Walk to Pittsburgh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like her answer, she said, he said, whatever her answer his answer, yeah, Long Work to Pittsburgh, And.
Speaker 1: So definitely in this that is just these.
Speaker 3: Three I might be at the yeah three because.
Speaker 8: The wedding weren't actually to be continued. Even though there was like three in a row about the wedding, they weren't technically to be continued at the end of the episodes.
Speaker 5: They actually wrapped up. Yeah, right, okay, right, because.
Speaker 8: There was the pre the pre planning, the actual wedding and then the honeymoon, and they are connected, but.
Speaker 1: They don't an arc as opposed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you don't have previously on Boy Meets Were right, which I do feel like, feel like there was another one now you said previously, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like there's another.
Speaker 3: One that there was a previously Linda Linda Cardellini.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ski Watch.
Speaker 8: I think the ski Watch when she finds the letter at the end of the ski Loergie, was it to be continued?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yep, so rare at least four?
Speaker 3: Yep, at least four unless we're forgetting something else.
Speaker 4: There's at least which one.
Speaker 1: I'm sure sure there is. Yeah, it's so funny. I didn't think of any until writer said previously on, and then I'm hearing people's voices saying previously obviously on.
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting, Well, our next episode is the very first time we meet plays with squirrels.
Speaker 1: Man believe it already plays.
Speaker 3: With Yeah, so join us next week for our next episode recap, which will be season seven, episode sixteen seven, The Hard Way, which originally aired February eleventh, two thousand. So they played both of these back to back on the same night.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, so we had an hour an hour time slat eight thirty and nine. Thank you for joining us with this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram Podmeets World Show. You can send us your emails podmeets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've gotten merch.
Speaker 4: Hey, Writer and Danielle, you guys can let Cody check out our store.
Speaker 1: You're your key heuff.
Speaker 4: You can buy all that stuff.
Speaker 1: You want to buy all that.
Speaker 3: March Podmeetsworldshow dot com writer send us out.
Speaker 5: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 8: Pod Meeats World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Ryder Strong Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubach, producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World Superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmeats World Show or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com