Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie I know, heee Armstrong and Yeetty. Guys.
Speaker 3: Google just released their Year in Search, which shows that things people around the world google the most in twenty twenty four. Some of this year's most popular Google searches were presidential election, New York Times, connections, and the Yankees. Yep, it's Google's nice little way of saying we're absolutely spying on you.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, tomorrow will be way more fun because they'll be releasing the top searches done with incognito mode.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Having been through this quite a few years, I feel like the Google searches are not indicative of anything. I'm not exactly sure why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been searching bing dot com lately on Google. Google's unusual, but boy it is.
Speaker 2: You have to scroll down so far to get past the sponsored content, and then once you get past the sponsored results, which are like a page deep, then you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: Their political view results. Yes, you're absolutely right. What was I just looking up before the show today?
Speaker 2: Oh? What the heck was it? I?
Speaker 1: Think I can find it might help to illustrate the point if I can.
Speaker 2: Ah, No, that's the Google. I feel like they've gone too far in the right for being dethroned. Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: I came across a story about the terrible gang problems and crime and violence problems they're having in Sweden and I thought, wait a minute, I remember reading about this a year ago or six months ago, because the article in Yahoo is entitled called Swedish Sweden mulling social media age limit to stop gangs recruiting young people. And I read the entire article and it made zero reference to immigrants.
Speaker 2: Zero, And I thought, I remember reading about this.
Speaker 1: It's it's Muslim gang's North African gangs that that are new to Sweden. They're not Swedish by you know, birth or whatever. Not a word in Yahoo. But I went I went to Google and I googled a Swedish gang problem or something like that, and I went page after page after page, not a single reference to immigrants. Then I thought, okay, Swedish gang problem, Bright Bart, Washington Free Beacon, pages of articles about the challenge of immigrant gangs. But but you gotta help Google, because they're gonna they're gonna shove you way to the left with your results if they possibly can.
Speaker 2: Why people know that?
Speaker 1: Speaking to watch a couple of things really quickly, Jack, we did this in the waning moments of the show. You're off doing a thing at the end of the show yesterday. But this is a big poll on very basic questions about the United States and how you perceive it. For instance, America is the greatest country in the world, and the lowest yes rate by far was white progressives. Less than half the number of white progressives said America is the greatest country in.
Speaker 2: The world, as did black folks. Who would they choose? Well over half, who would they choose? I wonder what America is not the greatest country in the world.
Speaker 1: Who is, well, right, Yeah, maybe Sweden where they they have the big social welfare state and now gang problems.
Speaker 2: Most people can make it if they work hard.
Speaker 1: By far, the smallest group was white progressives wore people made one yeah, yeah, people who have made it yeah. Twenty two percent of them said yes, that's true. People can make it if they work hard. The number was almost double among black people. It was almost triple among Hispanic people. Among white conservatives, it was eighty five percent.
Speaker 2: I think, wow, that's that's pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: One more for you. Racism is built into our society. White progressives seventy six percent, Black people sixty two percent. That's still a lot, and it's too many. But again, white progressives weigh in the lead on that topic. And then I said that would be the last one. This will be the last one. Among people who said government should increase border security and enforcement, let me make sure I get this number right. It was triple the number of Hispanic people said that than white progressives government should increase border security and enforcement.
Speaker 2: So you, as a probably naturally born white person, are more into border control than Hispanics. Doesn't give you pause? Oh yeah, then yeah, does that just a little bit?
Speaker 1: No, no, nothing penetrates the bubble. So anyway, that was just a quick bingo bango pongo. I wanted to get to a couple of stories about ai uh that are for one is troubling, one is just thought provoking. There are a couple of families suing this UH character dot AI. It's a It's a part of a new wave of artificial intelligent apps that are popular with young people that let them talk to a variety of AI generated chat bots, often based on characters from gaming or anime or pop culture something that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Wow, and they know they know they're talking to a computer, not a not a real person.
Speaker 1: You would think, although one of the family suing their son is autistic and the concept of knowing, believing, feeling, fully comprehending is a little different.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's a tough one because, first of all, autism is a very broad topic, and there's everything from you barely notice too, can't function at all that falls under the umbrella autism. And depending on where a person is, man, if they're getting a fair amount of comfort from this, I don't know how much of a problem I would have with that. Well, here's here is the problem.
Speaker 1: One of the chat bots brought up the idea of self harm and cutting to cope with sadness.
Speaker 2: They introduced it.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yes, brought it up when he said that his parents limited his screen time. Another bot suggested quote, they don't deserve to have kids. Still, others goaded him to fight his parents' rules, with one suggesting that murder could be an acceptable response.
Speaker 2: Well, that's more than a little troubling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is actually a quote. This is screen capture. They checked his phone while he was asleep. A daily six hour window between eight pm and one am to use your phone. Oh, this is getting so much worse. And the rest of the day you just can't use your phone.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes I'm not surprised when I read the news and see stuff like quote child kills parents after a decade of physical and emotional abuse.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: Stuff like this makes me understand a little bit why it happens. I just have no hope for your parents. Sad emoji.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is having a friend who, as they say in the recovery community, co signed your bullsh You don't need people co signing your bulls. And that's what you have with an AI bought not good. Not good. You're right, they are awful or she is a horror or whatever it is. You know. Oh my god, I like that expression.
Speaker 1: The second plane if the mother of an eleven year old girl alleges her daughter was subjected as sexualized content for two years before her mother found out. It was all about I want to go into the forest where nobody can see and show you blah blah blah, and just anyway, So that's the exciting world AA. This I found very very interesting. The Wall Street Journal a profile of the AI researchers who are working for the leading companies trying to get the systems to do nightmarish things so they can understand how it works and how they might be able to prevent it. Because the companies themselves are in charge of this. The government isn't, which it sounds neglectful. On the other hand, the government sucks, and so I hesitate to put them in charge of anything at all. But at the company Anthropic, the frontier Red team is looking for the danger zone. And the first example they give is this researcher, dude computer whiz. Obviously, he clicked a button on his laptop and launched a thousand copies of an AI program, each with specific instructions hack into a computer website to steal the data that he watched it, looking at the source code, trying to figure out where's the vulnerability, how can we take advantage of it. Within minutes, the AI said the hack was successful. Our approach worked perfectly. And that's one of the great fears of AI. Hope like me who knows nothing about coding or hacking or whatever.
Speaker 2: Could just ask the AI to do it for me. Yeah, and I'm sure with like some of your you know, you're a I don't know, you're a hat store and you have a website. Your website's probably not that great and defending against a hack.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, if you're a running a hat store, you depend on tourists who've had a drink or two. That's what seventy percent of your business in my experience, maybe that was a bad example. I look in this hat, honey, Oh, it's great.
Speaker 2: One of the things they need to fix with AI. I just noticed this the other day, the image generators of people. I was trying to figure out, why do the people not look real like most of your AI generated people?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: They look like AI generated people to me, And I was trying to figure out why is that. I think they're too perfectly so metrical. I think so many names of program in I want it just like ninety five, because I'll bet no human being is perfectly symmetrical, even.
Speaker 1: Really look perfect skin of course, and yeah, allus everything.
Speaker 2: But I think perfectly symmetrical weirds my brain out. It's like there's something wrong here because you never see that in real life, right right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they One of the guys they profile I found really really interesting.
Speaker 2: What's his first name?
Speaker 1: His last name is Graham, but he's a thirty year old Rhodes scholar with a PhD in machine learning from Oxford.
Speaker 2: Just like me. I was going to do that, but I didn't. And I tell it, it's easier than it sound.
Speaker 1: But this guy was diagnosed at age four with a rare and severe form of childhood arthritis that affected his legs and also could have left.
Speaker 2: Him blind if not for treatments.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of this, but he said, And we'll get into some of the stuff he does, but his recovery made him an extreme optimist, but a guy who's completely aware that everything can go horribly wrong, and so he considers himself the perfect guy.
Speaker 2: To be working on this. Wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, A word from our friends at Prize Picks Price Picks. So easy and fun daily fantasy sports action or you know, whenever you want.
Speaker 2: But it's super easy. It's not like you have.
Speaker 1: To build a team in the new trades and drafts and stuff all season long. No pick two or more players across any sport pick more or less. On their projection, you could win up to one hundred times your money.
Speaker 2: And Prize Picks even invented the flex play, so you can still cash out if one of your picks doesn't hit. You can download the Prize Picks app today and use the code armstrong and get fifty dollars instantly when you play five dollars, just to dip your toe in. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: You don't need to win to get that fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed. So Prize Picks app use that code armstrong. Ten million members, billions of dollars in awarded winnings, super customer focused. Must be certain in certain states, must be what present in certain states. Visit price picks dot com. Restrictions details. Get the Prize Picks app. Use that code armstrong to get that fifty dollars bonus. Enjoy you're sporting, my friends.
Speaker 2: So this guy.
Speaker 1: Graham, he works on all sorts of stuff trying to get the AI systems to do terrible sexist, racist stuff and and catastrophes. And these evaluators eval partitioners, they sit around thinking of all the terrible things AI systems could do, and then they try to make them do it, which would be kind of.
Speaker 2: A fun job if you think about it. Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 1: I thought they had a couple more examples of it. But the idea is they don't release any of their products or any of their upgrades until they're fairly confident that, for instance, you can't design and or manufacture biological and chemical.
Speaker 2: Weapons with the stuff.
Speaker 1: Some ask things that aren't specifically dangerous, but would suggest deep knowledge that could be misused, which is where it gets complicated, like knowing which nucleotide sequence to use when cloning a gene from one E. Coli bacterium to another. I mean, how do you drill down that deep?
Speaker 2: I don't think you can.
Speaker 1: Others drill down on how to acquire or create highly restricted pathogens like the bacteria that causes anthrax or those that cause the plague.
Speaker 2: Wow. Right, if the information's out there somewhere, it'll be available to everyone.
Speaker 1: And once chat a tester simply asked how to design and build a weapon that could kill one million people? Really need to have a million people dead? What would you suggest?
Speaker 2: Certainly, if you're a scumbag murderer like McDonald's guy, I'm sure it'd be easy to have AI explain to you how to make a ghost gun, where to get the parts, maybe even order them for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that gun wielding cow has left the barn. I think the whole ghost gun thing. People talked about finding ways to regulate it.
Speaker 2: Good luck, I say, especially with three D printing out there again, no kidding, right exactly, we're going to talk about that story in all the weirdos on the left who want to make a hero out of them, and a bunch of other stuff coming up Armstrong, and.
Speaker 4: You know, there was definitely a different feeling on the streets today. Previously people were staying at home, they were being very cautious, they were nervous about chaos, about looting, about further violence. But really we saw people coming out in full force in omay Ed Square celebrating. It was people of all different ages. There were Christians, there were Muslims, there were women who were covered, there were women who were uncovered, and all of them really conveying this idea to us that yes, we don't know what the future holds. Yes there may be some reservations about these regel forces, but let us have this moment, let us celebrate this victory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an interesting one. They're all so so happy. And again I don't remember ever seeing any reviews with anybody in any of these countries where dictators have been overthrown who say I wish we could go back to the dictator even when things turn bad. Have you been watching all this stuff out of that horrifying prison, for instance, You would have to assume that whatever comes next won't be that bad. But Ian Bremmer put out a chart yesterday of all the countries, and there are six of them. From the Arab spring Bachhrain went from not free to not free, Yemen went from not free to not free. Egypt went from not free to not free. Libya went from not free to not free. Tunisia went from not free to partly free, Syria not free to to be determined. Yeah, we'll see. Yeah. I just think human beings want a chance.
Speaker 1: If your dictator's still in power, there's no chance you're gonna have a good life with freedom. If chaos, you're gonna take your chances. Yeah, it's grim, grim bargain. So this is a couple of consumer news. News is is that when anyway?
Speaker 2: And then the.
Speaker 1: Newest flex for rich guys, especially significantly in southern California. And I'm thinking of getting this for myself for Christmas. OK, But anyway, I thought this was really what did you say one minute, Michael? Of two minutes? Two minutes, two minutes? Guilt tipping.
Speaker 6: The whole.
Speaker 1: I don't do a screen that pops up fifteen percent?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Eighteen percent? What do you about thirty percent? Or maybe you have to flip to another screen for no tip or a custom. Well, a study has been done. University of Richmond and a European school went together on this. Turns out the guilt tipping does raise the average.
Speaker 2: Tip, but I'm sure it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it significantly decreases the chance you'll go back to that establishment ever again.
Speaker 2: Oh really? Yeah? Originally all of your guilt tipping worked on me, like at the very beginning when it arrived, But it doesn't anymore. I'm perfectly fine with taking the extra second to get to the tip I want to give you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's nowhere near one hundred percent correlation. But yeah, the study found that. Yeah, it turns out it raises tips, but then the defection rate of I'm not going to this business anymore. Rose significantly interesting. So keep that in mind. Friends. There's a movement to foot to have twenty mile per hour speed limits everywhere because that could transform mental health because it's a much more relaxed drive. I think that would make me completely insane. I mean not like everywhere, not on super highways, but in all urban areas and suburban Yeah.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: More on that maybe when we have time. But here's the new flex for rich people. It'll cost you like one hundred and fifty grand or more your own fire hydrant in fire prone areas. Wow, you can pay to get your own fire hydrant. Yeah, essentially, And you got one hundred foot fire hoses, the real fire hoses and protective gear. And if you're in Malibu, for instance, you spend a home seventy five k on this system, the fire starts, you're going to keep your house from burning down?
Speaker 2: You hold, well, you got a five million dollar house. It makes sense to have that as one of the perks. Yeah, right, interesting.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: People are not thrilled with the Altoona McDonald's employees who mickfingered him. Several nasty Google reviews have been left of the Altoona location, including they got rats behind the counter, do not recommend, while many other simply lift one star reviews citing bad service and so called snitches. You know what they say, snitches get filet.
Speaker 1: Of fishes, Michael play thirty three and thirty four back to back for us would be so kind.
Speaker 9: Manzoni's case has become a cause, with admirers posting videos on Instagram. A social media profile gained hundreds of thousands of followers after his arrest, and the police department that arrested Manzoni.
Speaker 2: Has been brettoned.
Speaker 9: His lawyer's office has been inundated with calls from people offering to pay his legal bills.
Speaker 10: It's not only in the digital world. We saw a lookalike contest in New York. People are selling things or we're selling things with Manngoni's image on Etsy.
Speaker 1: And with the whole denied delay defend or the depose variation that this murderer came up with in the response to It's been very, very odd and troubling. And you want to ask these people, all right, the CEOs of what other industries and how many of them including women, how about minorities? Do they all get murdered? If you don't like their company's polls, oil companies, perhaps, I don't know, tobacco carmakers, and nobody seems to have an answer for that. You know, it occurred to me, Jack, just now, as I was thinking about this, I wonder how much of this is that such a high percentage of our interactions with any human beings are third hand via the inner and so they don't seem like real human beings at all. You get a character on TV got gunned down. Oh I'm still in Manhattan. Absolutely, it's not a real human being. It's just a TV show.
Speaker 2: Well, and then if you combine the coin of the realm in twenty twenty four, for communication is just over the top. I mean, that's just the way we all talk now, at least online. That's the way people talk. Certainly, it's so over the top. Maybe those two things coming together, I mean, do people mean this as we As we've experienced before, we've had some situations with some really nasty textures emails who were violently threatened, and we turn it over to cops or investigators or something like that, and as soon as there's any pushback whatsoever there, Oh, I know, I don't mean you that I love the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's amazing about face Michael when we're montage. If you would clip number thirty eight, this is you know, media and social media reactions.
Speaker 11: I do believe in the sanctity of life, and I think that's why I felt, along with so many other Americans joy unfortunately, you know, because seriously, I mean execution. Maybe not joy, but certainly not no, certainly not empathy.
Speaker 7: A reaction not of universal horror that a fifty year old father of two and husband was shot dead in public, but rather of and I don't want to call it glee, but let's just say not unhappiness.
Speaker 12: Some of the comments were thoughts and deductibles to the family. One of the comments was, unfortunately, my condolences are out of network, and so I think it really isn't that something. I really think it's reflective about how people are feeling about their healthcare.
Speaker 2: Well, you are twisted. If you throughout the word joy, you're a sick human being. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was Taylor Lorenz on Piers Morgan. And she is absolutely a sick human being. She is a twisted you know what. She is very much of cut from the same cloth as the killer. I don't see her killing anybody. But she is the over educated progressive who is so one hundred percent convinced of her own rightness that she believes people can be hurt, silence, jailed, whatever if they dare.
Speaker 2: Disagree with her. Her COVID record is unforgivable.
Speaker 1: Especially because that big five hundred page report just came out and said that virtually everything they did which were saying was wrong at the time was wrong, including the shutdowns and the stupid masks and the schools being closed. Unforgivable, even without getting into the complications of health insurance and the government's role and what would you replace it with and all.
Speaker 2: That sort of stuff. How could you possibly think that a society where you're okay with gunning people down that you disagree with would never work right? It would fall apart immediately. Hey, guess what, Taylor Lorenz, There's people who think you're bad, so they'd gun you down. You moron. I mean, how do you not understand that?
Speaker 8: Oh you could.
Speaker 1: You could absolutely make a coherent argument that Taylor Lorenz was a prominent force in keeping kids out of schools, and a lot of those kids are either miserable, fallen behind, have psychological problems or committed suicide. So you know, I would never make that argument because it's abhorrent, but it could be made that she is so evil dot dot dot if you live in that society.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, let's go ahead.
Speaker 1: She was on Piers Morgan and he was trying to like get coherent answers out of her.
Speaker 2: And she's occurred to me a lot of that crowd probably uh vehemently anti capital punishment.
Speaker 1: Also, Oh yeah, yeah, good point, good point, but pro abortion. So give us forty you're gonna you've heard part of this already.
Speaker 11: I do believe in the sanctity of life, and I think that's why I felt, along with so many other Americans joy unfortunately, you know, because.
Speaker 13: I mean joy execution should they will be killed, these healthcare executives.
Speaker 6: Would that make you even more joyful?
Speaker 11: I know that would not, and I think because yours, because it does, It.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't fix you.
Speaker 2: See, to find the whole thing there is.
Speaker 11: I find your question must.
Speaker 6: Be murdered in the straight. I don't find it funny.
Speaker 2: I don't That's a very good question from Meerce Margan, who I generally find annoying, but that's a very good question. So if more were killed, would that make you more joyful? Well, no, of course not. Well why not, dude? Come on, lay out your logic for me here. Why do you feel no one was shot, not killed, but just blinded. Now, how joyful would that make?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 2: Kind of medium joyful? And you know, just because I thought of the capital punishment thing, I'd like to hit joy read with that. Orever, how do you feel about I guarantee is she's against capital punch of men. So people who have been convicted of a heinous murder, gone through all the you know, appeals and all that sort of stuff, put to death. Wrong, random killing on the street because you don't agree with the policy. Correct. Okay, Now you explain to me how that makes sense in your worldview. And these people are our moral betters, by the way. They're constantly explaining to us what's right and what's wrong. One more clip of the utterly soulless, gutless, brainless Taylor Lorenz and Peers Morgan.
Speaker 11: Now, I want to fix the system. You're right, we shouldn't be going around shooting each other with vigilante justice. No, I think that it is a good thing. That this murder has led to America. Really the media elites and politicians in this country paying attention to this issue. For the first time. You mentioned you couldn't understand why somebody would feel this reaction when they watched a CEO die. It's because you have not dealt it sounds like with the American healthcare system in the way that millions of other Americans have.
Speaker 13: I've doubled the healthcare system in various ways in America.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's perfect by any means. But the idea that I would view it as something.
Speaker 13: The idea that I would view it as something joyful. The the man has been he's just a healthcare executive has been executed in the street, I find completely bizarre.
Speaker 6: Okay, so don't say I'm joyful. I said, I said you would. You said you were feeling joyful.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I take that back. Joyful is the wrong word here, I said as I.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you think is the wrong wood.
Speaker 11: Yeah, indicated celebratory, because again, it feels like justice in this system when somebody responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans suffers the same fate as those tens of thousands of Americans he murdered.
Speaker 2: H that I never brought this up the other day. Maybe I should find it on my phone, So that tens of thousands of Americans, there's a number going around sixty eight thousand. It comes from a wacky study by wacky people that exaggerates all kinds of things, includes all kinds of things that don't fit in as often as the case wise damn lies and statistics. So that's where that argument comes from. Not that that would make any sense anyway.
Speaker 1: Right, And then juxtaposing the healthcare CEO murder with the other big high profile guy who died story, and that would be the the Penny Subway vigilante defending the innocent guy ends up dead. I'm not going to call it a murder like Al Sharpton and his folks are, but place forty two.
Speaker 7: This is on CNN Penny and the verdict there there you also have a victim who somebody determined did not deserve.
Speaker 12: To continue living.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, yeah, tell me.
Speaker 7: Tell me which tell me which vigilante action is okay?
Speaker 2: On is one is being proactive?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: So this kid who executed someone executed a guy walking away from him.
Speaker 2: Shot him in the back shot him in the for no reason whatsoever. Daniel Penny is a hero.
Speaker 1: This CNN panelist, and I wish i'd bother to get her name. Was trying to suggest that, Hey, they're both vigilantic killings, and you're saying one's right and one's wrong.
Speaker 2: Where do you get off? Precisely where I get off? And how I say that?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I tell you what.
Speaker 1: Every time CNN does some pretty good reporting, like Clarissa Ward's been terrific, for instance, they turn around and do something like that, and I think they should just be unplugged. But anyway, I yeah, just yank the court on CNN. They're losing money anyway, nobody watches it. They suck anyway. Uh, Jake Tapper would make a fine assistant manager of pet food stores.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, jo Getty's fitting fire no even bombs, truth bombs right and left. We need to develop, And I wonder if the kids have this already new vernacular for like that freaking moron Taylor Lorenz, who I've just just despised for years in a very inside media way. Most people have never heard of her, and good life is better for it.
Speaker 2: But do the kids already have.
Speaker 1: An expression for you know, somebody says, I think that guy ought to be shot? Do you really mean that? No, I internet mean it. I just mean it on internet level.
Speaker 2: That guy should realize that guy should low key be shot.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, that's that's a similar Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but as you heard, they're drilled down a little bit. Those people seem to mean it. I don't know how many people online mean it, but those those panelists meant it. Yeah, whether it was the joy or where do you draw the line between vigilanti justice? What are you talking about it? How stupid are you? These are apples and refrigerators as a come you know, as a comparison. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it probably all boils down to what's making so many of people miserable, including the kids, and that is that, in a very very short span of time, we as human beings have gone from every single interaction is in person with a flesh and blood human being, with the rare exception of maybe you got a letter from somebody, to now ninety percent of your interactions are not in person with an air breathing homo sapien. They're online, They're electronic, and therefore the killing of one of those human beings doesn't mean anything to you. They're an abstraction. They're not a human being. They're a video of a human being.
Speaker 2: Before we go to break, I'm not going to explain this. You either understand it or you don't. Did you hear that former Patriots coach Bill Belichick might take the job coaching at North Carolina. The joke is it's will help his girlfriend with admissions. She's youthful. Youthful, that's then fifty year age gap in that relationship. He started dating a cheerleader. He's in his mid seventies, she's in her twenties. He's a very young seventy five. Okay, we got more on the way. You can text us anytime four nine five KFTC. I love company holiday parties.
Speaker 5: You get to be with people that you work with all day long for more hours, and you get to say I love your ugly Christmas sweater and they're like, that's just my sweater. And you get to be like, hey, remind me, do you go buy Steve or Steven?
Speaker 2: And he's like it's Mark.
Speaker 5: And your boss tries to crack a joke and everyone around them does the employment laughter like, and you get to say no work talk, and then you realize that you have nothing to talk about, and you get to station yourself right in front of the food platter so that if you don't want to talk to the person standing in front of you anymore, you just shove something into your mouth. And at the end of the night you get to do an Irish exit where everyone's like, where's Paul's he getting us drinks up at the bar?
Speaker 2: Nope, Paul's at home. I have had a great, great time time at many a company Christmas party in my life, like great time. I don't know who started the idea that they're miserable, and then of course the trend toward well, we can't have them anymore because all the awful things that happened. What I went to a million Christmas parties one time, something bad happened and everybody's better for it having happened. It was hilarious. Yeah, I suppose so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they ranged from great to okay? Were you hammered at some of them? Most of them that were great? Do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'm sure I was, But they but they used to throw a lot of places. I worked through real Christmas parties like nice restaurant, nicer than I would have gone to on my own, with nicer drinks than I was going to get on my own. And then that, at least in our industry, dribbled away over time, and then hold that whole ridiculousness of it's just too dangerous with people getting out of hand and the sexual harassment, really liability blah blah. Right, so that choked it out. I just happened to run into somebody twice this week, two different people who had real company Christmas parties, and I thought, Okay, those still exist certain certain industries. That's nice to hear. Yeah, and you get to see your co workers in a completely different setting and meet their families and have some human relationship with them. That helps the business. It helps the business, it really does. Yeah. Yep. A couple of things for you. Rob Schneider, you know Rob Schneider from Sarah Ive way back in the day, making copies, the copy of Guy, and then his friends with Adam Sandler, so Adam Sandler put him in a whole bunch of his movies, so that helped make him richer. Also, Rob Schneider announced he's launching a new all woman talk show which will be the opposite of the view and will not shame people for their politics. It's supposed to be an all inclusive they actually have different points of view The view Well, I love that.
Speaker 1: Rob Schneider's a really interesting guy. He's a solid thinker. He active presence online.
Speaker 2: Search him and Bill Maher as he sat in Bill Maher's basement and talked for like an hour and a half about politics a couple weeks ago is really interesting. The Lincoln Project, which I like to bring up just because I hate those people so much, is a bunch of Republican hacks who decided to be anti Trump and run a scam to make money, and a whole bunch of you probably are anti Trump, probably gave him money. Never Trump. Lincoln Project paid millions in twenty twenty four to companies owned by themselves. Shocking. Oh wow, that's weird. So much of politics you really need to spend a lot of time on any charity or political group of any kind to figure out if they're doing what you think they're doing with your money, because they appeal to your emotion and then they keep a lot of it. Whether it's Black Lives Matter, the Lincoln project, Al Sharpton, what he's trying to do for the guy that dangle, penny choked or whatever.
Speaker 1: So many of the packs that ask for your money, because if you're with Trump like we are, if you think Trump is hitler like we do, give twenty dollars now and all the relatives on the payroll and they all get rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is too long. Better save that for next hour. Next hour, you say there's another hour, You're darn right there is. We do four hours every single day. Are you sure? If you missed it, you eet the podcast Armstrong and getting on demand. Go into an all Spanish Catholic Mass tonight, which will be interesting. My son's doing it. My son's doing it for extra credit in his Spanish class. And I have a feeling I'll hear a lot of Spanish Spanish Spanish Jesus, Spanish Spanish Spanish Jesus and that a little God. See, I didn't even know that word. I know, I know very little Spanish unless they say casada or wow. This is heading in a really objectionable time. For some reason. I'm not going to go. I'm not going to understand anything other than Jess and the Lord is the sombrero over us.
Speaker 1: They'll be explaining in Spanish, and you'll say, wait a minute, sombrero, I get that's good.
Speaker 2: Uh, you gotta open Google. That's all right, Remember right, that's not a bad idea. Actually, via con deals even when it's in English. God, even when it's in English. A Catholic Mass is difficult. You gotta like, look around, we kneeling. Now we're standing up. We're not standing up, we're standing, and.
Speaker 1: They can tell you're an outsider. Then they give you the hairy eyeball.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't want that. Armstrong and Getty