Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Trends of Theseus.
Speaker 2: H It's like ship of Theseus.
Speaker 1: But if you break down the trends and put them back together, are they still.
Speaker 2: The same trends? Blake?
Speaker 1: Is a question that I that one courtesy a vanadium silver love love A nice ship theseus? O, God, God, I know you are fucking love that so much love that.
Speaker 2: Hey man, it's like the ship with theseus. What am I anymore? You know, Blake, I'm Jaz Broke. I'm stuck like this now. I can't do anything else.
Speaker 1: Man Friday, Man, Thursday, goddamn afternoon man, Brian, Hey, come on man, anyways, Blake, Yes, long weekend coming.
Speaker 2: You got the plans. What you're doing getting up on the.
Speaker 3: Stages, entertaining the people's nah? You know, you know the week memory real days, my sabbath. It's the one day I take off a year, and and I'm taking it off. So no stages, no podcasts, no no dance, just BBQ, just b BQ.
Speaker 2: Getting the getting the thighs out.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take these thighs out and just yeah, I have special shorts that I wear for me. Yeah, the flags they're made of flag. They are made of actual flags. Yeah that I that I climb up the pole. That I that's pre greased. Then I grabbed the flag off. It's all wave.
Speaker 1: Goes flags fell up? Is what is what the sailors all say, it is what are you doing the same exact thing I figured? Yeah, my flag shorts, climb up the pole, waving the waving my booty around and getting whistled at by sailors.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm taking it easy man, he a little travel Hello, Dan travel do man tired?
Speaker 2: It's just I don't know, you don't Jack?
Speaker 3: Is this all your presidents in one impression? Is that this basically w h W Biden? That's right, Yeah, well just those three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my favorites.
Speaker 1: Weird, weird taste for just like do nothing ship presidents who are ye blandly genocidal anyway.
Speaker 2: That's the good type. Yeah, that's what. That's what I like.
Speaker 1: They don't seem to realize how evil they are. Blake, we I don't stop talking about this unimportant stuff.
Speaker 2: We got to talk about Wendy's. We got to talk about Wendy's.
Speaker 1: There's a new cheeseburger that's been announced for Wendy's Canada, and I'm pissed. This is okay, Like you know, Trump was talking about, well, we're gonna make them the fifty first state and all that. Razmataz. This is war. This is the less straw they're taken. So they what they've done is they've put grilled cheese sandwich on top, grilled cheese sandwich on the bottom, and hamburger in between, cheeseburger, chee burger in between.
Speaker 2: And how it took this long to get here? I will never know.
Speaker 3: If they steal this from us, Like how did these Canadian food scientists steal American food scientist ideas and bring it up north? That's what I'm wanting, because this is not a Canadian idea. They're not smart enough to come up with something like this. Yeah, yeah, no, this is the sophisticated. There's a mole, there's a there's a weak we got leak.
Speaker 1: This is the plot of the Late the Yeah, the new mission of Possible movies coming out this weekend. Uh, and this is the plot. How did Canada get the idea for the most American food? I will say that in description it sounds better than what is pictured. Even in the like you know, fake photo where they're like, this is the best that it could possibly look.
Speaker 2: It's they're still using Hamburger buns.
Speaker 1: It just looks like hamburger, but like it looks like a grilled cheese sandwish that somebody made in the microwave. You know. It doesn't have that like buttery crustiness to it. So it's like, shit, yeah it does kind of look back. Just use a different bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you suck. Oh my god, this is the maddest I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: I'm grinding my teeth furious. I have a wake ap near right now. I'm so pissed off about this. This is infuriating. Do you ever eat shit like this? Like, do you ever like the weird? Like, will you get something like this? Or you just at the age now where it's like, well, this is kind of ruin my month, ruin my.
Speaker 1: Whole day if I eat something like this. But yeah, I do still sometimes, Like there's the occasional. It's usually when I'm in charge of the kids. Yeah, Like I did a I did a trip up to uh State Park and you know, planned out lunch, packed a nice little lunch for us, healthy lunch. Got out of the park around six pm and was like, oh, no, we've got we got three hours until right at home. Uh, And so we we did some McDonald's and there was a Taco bell nearby, so we did a bang bang and uh it was you know, it was wonderful. It was lovely. I got to introduce my children to taco bell. But it's pretty it's pretty rare that I'm like off on my own, just eating for for pure enjoyment and without any regard for the future.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The closest thing I've had this something like this is KFC did some I think it's called the Double Down or something, and.
Speaker 2: Know it was called the Double Down, man, But brother, I know what I said it is. I think it was called Connie. I love it was called the double Down. It was like two fried chickens.
Speaker 3: Chicken fried chickens were the bread, right, and then was it a cheese and a bacon in the cheese and a cheese.
Speaker 2: I like that like a Somalia a.
Speaker 3: Cheese, a cheese from the year twenty sixty five is somehow in the middle of it, and then a shard of bacon and it was, Yeah, it was great, you know, made a fun dusty but yeah, no, that was the only time I've ever I think, had like a food challenge. And then there's like off menu things where when I was in Cincinnati, they do a thing where they take a pizza and then wrap like a chili bowl that you can eat or something in the or it's some sort of chili and wrap a chili bowl that you can take. The best way to describe that, no, it is, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what you're describing.
Speaker 3: Whatever you just said, you take, you're describing you it's a huge slice of pizza, so that's like the tortilla. So it's basically that's the burrito outside.
Speaker 2: I can't talk anymore.
Speaker 3: And then there's some disgusting thing in the middle of it. Maybe it's like a chili dog and then you eat that. And I was attempted to do that. Yeah, yeah, but I had to do stand up that night.
Speaker 1: But Cincinnati is avant garde in the chili arts.
Speaker 2: Yes, they really pushed the push boundaries. They really have, did you.
Speaker 1: By the way, see Tom Cruise eating This is what we talked about this on trending. I don't give a fuck. Okay, people, there's not that much news. We're gonna talk about handcuffs or off. Did you watch Tom Cruise eating popcorn? Because I was just about to say the place where I get my like junk food binges out of my system is usually going to the movies. It's like that's when I will eat you know, a full day is worth of calories and just popcorn and Sara Patch kids. But I don't eat the popcorn by uh throwing a fastball one at a time of the popcorn at my face the way that Tom Cruise does.
Speaker 3: There are people who are just so tightly wound that you would say like, oh, yeah, of course that's how that guy eats popcorn. Where I've even seen it where my wife will like take a video of me without me knowing, of just me sitting and like my like like fist is clenched for some reason. I like watching a TV and it's like, what is going on in that guy's life? And it's going on up there, buddy, Yeah, that guy's got to go back to therapists.
Speaker 1: But with your life, then like print it out and like kind of circle it for you and be like right, you seem like you're holding an attension.
Speaker 2: Right here where your knuckles are turning bright white, and then right here where.
Speaker 1: The thing that you're holding in your hands just disintegrated into dusk. I have been like stressed out while eating something with a plastic fork and broken the snap the fork in half, and then snapped it in half a second time, like this, the shorter thing that seems like it would be structurally impossible to Yeah, and managed to snap that in half, because yeah, sometimes I'm a bit tightly wound.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know what, it gets flagged and I work on it, and then I forget, and then it happens again.
Speaker 1: It gets flagged by my CEO, the chairman of the board. In my heart, she says, uh FYI, let's let's take a second look at this.
Speaker 3: So this sucks to be around, So work on it, please if you want this to continue your marriage. But no, I did watch the video and he is, like you said, throwing reverse fastballs into his month. He's I would say, violently eating popcorn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just strike after strike though that just going boom. But he also yeah, shamed somebody for eating all their popcorn before the movie started, which how dare you if you're gonna be a fan of If he's supposed to be the like ambassador to movies, like, don't be shaming people for what they do in the privacy of their movie seat.
Speaker 3: God, yeah, I do that, by the way, every time I go to the movies. Yeah, polish went off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, you're a human being, unlike Tom Cruise, who's a fucking alien who just manages to Yeah, that's the sound. It makes the sound of a fucking rifle recoiling every time he needs a piece of popcorn.
Speaker 3: The Colonel's rattling off his vig ears sound like just bullets hitting the side of like a cyber truck.
Speaker 1: Other movie news, So, by the way, we're supposed to have our biggest film going weekend at the we're here in Baffo for the.
Speaker 2: Box office this weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm not predicting big things for the Mission Impossible movie, but my my touch on box office predictions hasn't been great lately. But I just feel like the last one, the last Mission Impossible movie, was a box office disappointment, and this one is like getting worse reviews than that one. So I'm curious if if it's gonna fall through or if people were just like, oh, this is part one of a two part movie.
Speaker 2: Like maybe fuck off with that. Well, we'll see.
Speaker 1: But then Lelo and Stitch the live action is coming this weekend, which is probably the one I'll end up going to see, though I still haven't fucking seen Sinners, and I will be that swearing under my breath the whole time I'm taking my kids to be like, I haven't even seen Sinners and I'm watching this bullshit.
Speaker 3: God damn, I'm wanna laugh at Tim Robbinson. I haven't seen that one either.
Speaker 1: I did see Friendship and it's great, great, it's so fun. Yeah, yeah, yeah, ily recommend. But other film news, besides the baf O bio that we were hoping for to help save the film industry is the Skippity Toilet movie. We so we talked before about how this was in the works and that Michael Bay was loosely attached, but it's all it's like one of those things that I don't know, like there's they always announce a movie project and then like nothing really like ever comes of it. It's like, oh, yeah, you know, they were supposed to do, uh you know, a slat bracelet movie, you know what I mean, like just like some trend and then it doesn't really make sense, and you never hear of it again.
Speaker 2: The Skippity Toilet movie is in.
Speaker 1: Production and Michael Bay is directing a Skibbity Toilet being the like YouTube franchise that started with just like a an unnerving guy's head and a toilet yeah, and then it's just like, yeah, it's like a weird thing that almost feels like it was designed to make people. Like my first read on it being an elder millennial, like, my first read on was like, oh, this is like a thing that's like, you know, just designed to make people be like, hah, I have a thing that like weirds my parents out, and it's so weird and unnerving. And then you like look at like I assumed the first video in the series would be the most popular video. It's like they have like fifteen minute long like epic sagas where like TV head guys versus toilet heead guys are like fighting one another in a dystopian future and there's all sorts of lure and stuff. So this is just you know, we're rocketing into a future that no longer makes sense to my brain. This is the world that will be going on around me as I slough off this mortal coil forty years from now.
Speaker 3: I wish I still didn't know about this. Like I didn't know about this until you just brought it up, and then I looked at it. I'm like, this is this blows. I hate this. And that's not a comment on whatever artistic angle anyone's taking it. I just I hate I hate whatever this is.
Speaker 2: I hate.
Speaker 3: It's not for me, and I hate it. My parents probably hated it. Their parents probably hated it. Yeah, there's a long line. Yeah, my genetics aren't made up to watch whatever the hell this.
Speaker 1: Is how we feel about this is like how like forty something people felt about, like the Beatles in the sixties. Yeah, well, this is just being done to make us feel uncomfortable. Nobody can actually like the way this sounds. This is like Elvis moving his hips for me. I can't and you're still uncomfortable with that with Elvis movings. Yeah, you like a more leg locked Elvis. I want you like him to do like Lurch. Yeah, I want an FDR style Elvis.
Speaker 2: Just laving his hands on his lap with the blank flas exactly. Let's take a quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back and we we have managed to not cover any news thus far.
Speaker 2: It's it's the end of the week, guys. What can I say? It's the best. It's the end of the end of the week.
Speaker 1: R I p the US penny. We will say that is a news story that's happening. The Treasury Department UH will reportedly stop producing the penny next year, at the behest of Donald Trump, who called them wasteful. I think correctly, He's probably not wrong about this. Other countries have you know, Canada, our superior neighbor to the north, who you know, has better ideas for cheeseburgers this now than us. All of a sudden, uh, they got rid of their penny. Norway, New Zealand, Finland, Australia and the Netherlands have transitioned to a penny free state. And it sounds glorious. The penny does have some defenders, though, this group called Americans for Common Sense like that, and it's run by a lobbyist for the zinc industry. Fantastic, I love it. What a bad country And then sesame Street. This was news earlier this week, but after being screwed over by the Trump administration, David Zaslov and all those letters and numbers that never paid a dime for their sponsorship deals. Sesame Street has finally found a way to pay the bills by moving to Netflix, and Netflix kind of I don't know, somehow did something cool. They won't be exclusive to subscribers, Like the episodes will air on PBS on the same day that they drop on Netflix, whereas with HBO, new episodes like came to PBS like months after premiering on cable, which like didn't seem like that big a deal to me because I don't feel like I don't feel like Sesame Street is super topical.
Speaker 2: Right, I up to date a big bird coverage on the tariffs. That's right. How they're being rolled back and frozen and then rolled back out again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the number of this week, well that was the week like five weeks ago. I don't know what the number of the week actually is. This is funny bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is good that they're letting it air. I love that.
Speaker 1: I feel like, on the one hand, it's like, you know, a good thing that they're doing. On the other hand, I feel like Netflix is so far from feeling like they're competing with PBS in any way, you know, any sort of cable in any way, because they're just like yeah, no, like it's we're we're a totally different universe, and nobody who has Netflix watches PBS. It's the least they could do, like literally the least they could do, the very least.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Also, like this just like this should be a fucking public service. It's so frustrating to me.
Speaker 1: Like the statement for the like with the announcement, like talked about how they think communities across the US should continue to have free access on public television to the Sesame Street they love and like mentioned that it's like research The Sesame Street Workshop is excited to bring our research based curriculum to young children around the world. Like that nothing has ever been more clearly something that should be a public service, you know, like research based children's entertainment as opposed to like all of the slop that is being just dumped into children's minds via like YouTube that's just like, hey, kids, eyes light up when you like show them a frog that has a dick that does a remix of a like popular eighties hit. That's a real thing, like the Crazy Frog. Do you know the crazy Frog song from years and years ago.
Speaker 3: I don't think I I probably do there anyways, there there are multiple iterations of that dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the frog just like started like showing up with a dick and balls like.
Speaker 2: In later videos like great, yeah, market research.
Speaker 1: Hey, it just the kid's eyes like lit up, and so we have to keep going in that direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I I know if I saw Frog with the dick, I would just act like that's normal, and my heart rate would not change whatsoever in my eyes would just it's funny. I totally agree with you that that that Sesame Street should be a public service, and yet the last hands in the world I would want Sesame Street in is this current administration. So it's like, oh cool, like Zaslob and Netflix are you know, they look like the Knights and shining Armor compared to these people. So it's just like, all right, well, don't you just take care of it for a little while and then hopefully you know, the government can yeah, if it ever gets right again. Yeah, it's I mean, so it's run by a nonprofit and the Sesame Street Workshop, and they like laid off a bunch of employees last year. They claimed it was due to the company's financial difficulties, but it suspiciously happened immediately after more than two hundred employees announced their plans to unionize. Like literally, they were having a block party celebrating the unionization effort, and then they were like like received an email it was like, hey, we have a zoom meeting coming up that you should come attend that I think like the subject line transition plan.
Speaker 2: And then we're told.
Speaker 1: That they were being laid out, like one hundred of them, and yeah, so I don't know, maybe now that they're flush with all that cash, they will hire the employees back. I mean, Sesame Street Workshop also has a rainy day fund that reported net assets of four hundred and thirty nine million dollars for the end of twenty twenty three, and none of that was touched and instead they fired hundreds of employees. But the good news is that despite you know, those efforts, Sesame Workshop were successful in certifying their union a couple of weeks ago, voting seventy four percent in favor of joining the ope i U Local one fifty three. So I don't know, it's it's a mess.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's never all good. It's usually not good at all, but exactly.
Speaker 1: There's like slight silver linings though yeah, yeah, I don't know. They did all sorts of like shady boilerplate union busting shit, and obviously, like you know, Sesame is read is good about teaching children about literacy and vampires with OCD, but they actually don't have a great record on labor rights. Lest we forget the time that Oscar the Crouch became a scab during the nineteen seventy five New York City sanitation worker strike, residents of Sesame Street just tricked us the Crouch and do becoming a scab because they were like, well, you like garbage, why don't you help us collect all this trash and take it to the dump.
Speaker 2: That's your favorite place.
Speaker 1: So you know, we should have known back then that Sesame Streets up to no good.
Speaker 3: I don't blame Oscar for that, by the way, Like you dangle some trash in front of that guy like that, They knew what number to dial up to get that guy to scab, So yeah, I'm sure I'm sure he regrets it.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday. May twenty second. We are back tomorrow with the whole ass episode of the show Blake. Where can people find you, follow you, go see you all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a whole ass.
Speaker 3: There's a humongous ass of an episode tomorrows Ass, massive ass speaking of.
Speaker 1: Apple Asses co hosting it.
Speaker 2: You'll see his charge.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh boy, oh Jesus.
Speaker 2: Brother at Blake, Lexlord social Media.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be in Philly doing stand up on August first. I'm going to be in Philly doing stand up again on August twenty second. I'm sure that won't affect the audience to either shows, putting them so close together. And then on August twenty ninth and thirtieth, I'm gonna be in Wilkesberry, Pennsylvania, also doing stand up. But yeah atlic Lexnor and social media. And this was fun. I'm on the behind the Bastards. I'm on this week and next week. I think what you guys talking about, you know we're talking about Alost, said Carl Reiner. Bryan, motherfucker, Carl Reiner.
Speaker 2: No, it was Carl.
Speaker 3: Schmidt, who was the basically the designer of fascism. And yeah, Robert unbelievable. He breaks it down as he always does, so it's really interesting.
Speaker 1: Great, all right, well we are back tomorrow. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves. Get the vaccine while you still can, get your vaccines, while you still can't get your flush, you still can. Don't do nothing about white supremacy.
Speaker 2: And we will talk to y'all tomorrow. While The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine.
Speaker 3: Law, co produced by Bye Wayne, co produced by Victor Wright
Speaker 2: Co written by j M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jefferies