Speaker 1: That's up guys.
Speaker 2: The practice or injury reports for today, George Kittle is limited, Armstead was limited, Ambry Thomas was limited, or in Burgs was limited, and that was it go ahead.
Speaker 1: What kind of status is Kittle and Armstead? Do you have any concerns about them at this point in the week. No, I don't know. It'll be good to go.
Speaker 3: Hello. Coach Christian McCaffrey had done an historic season this year. Without any quarterback doing historic season as well, it would have been an MVP lock in the nineties early two thousand and Today, it seems unlactly that you will be MVP during the NFL. W knows. Do you think it's impossible in the actual NFL for non quarterback to be m VP.
Speaker 2: I think it's possible, but it doesn't seem like they do that anymore. I mean, I just think it's hard to compare to those positions a little bit. So, I mean, if anyone's ever been an MVP that's not a quarterback, it's definitely a Christian, But I it does usually.
Speaker 1: Go to a quarterback.
Speaker 2: So hopefully someday they'll be able to balance that out. So guys deserve it for both spots. Because they're not comparable positions.
Speaker 4: Kyle Ryan Dunleavy, New York post a lot of the why do you think so many of successful Super Bowl teams have had trick plays? Aggressive plays, Philly Special, Sean Payton's on sidekick. Is it the extra week to prepare? Why do you think that is?
Speaker 1: And do you.
Speaker 4: Think that's something that Super Bowl winning teams have to do?
Speaker 1: Be more aggressive?
Speaker 2: No, I think you got to do. I think you gotta be strategic. I don't think anyone just says let's be aggressive. I think that was a good I think the Philly Special was a great two point play versus man de man coverage, only they're not on that ver zone and they had a good man check. They knew they played man, so that usually is a really good play. And I think Sean Payton, I'm just guessing, knew going against Peyton Manning in that offense, he was going to do everything he could to steal a possession. Probably saw a guy leaving too early on the kickoff team all year, and I was probably a risk worth taking knowing who they were going against.
Speaker 1: Just one more awards question. Patrick Willis has a chance to be in the Hall of Fame this year.
Speaker 2: What's your biggest memory about Patrick Willis on the field, just.
Speaker 1: Him kicking the crap out of us?
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't remember being in Patrick Willis too much. Didn't get a play against him a ton. I want to say the last time was probably thirty one to three game. I think in twenty thirteen when he came to Washington. They had a hell of a defense and he was the best guy out there.
Speaker 5: Hi, Kyle, can you talk about your observations the level of intensity at practice today and also how do you balance the messaging with you know, the margin for air against a team like the Chiefs, but also wanting guys to play fast and free on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Usually super Bowl practices are you know, they're great. Guys, got a lot of natural energy. They're all really excited for the moment on Sunday, and guys just want they want every opportunity to go through that. So they's prepared as well as they can be when you get to Sunday. Anytime you get into the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl practices, meetings, everything, everyone's just a lot more alert and you want them. I mean, once the game starts, it's all about cuttings. That's why you go through everything throughout the week and you try to be up tight about every single detail and cover it all. But when that game starts, it's it's not about thinking. It's about reacting and playing. And usually if you've had the right preparation, then you're you can play that way. If you've got to start thinking on Sunday, you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: Coach good after from Mexico.
Speaker 6: Coach bigger Kids for you guys, slowing down for is Kelsey or stopping Chris Jones. And a second moan, if you let me, if you go, if you win, how are you going to to celebrate.
Speaker 1: Your first one? Who's hard to stop Kelsey or Chris Jones? Is that what you asked it? Bigger Keys? We gotta do both. I can't put one in front of the other.
Speaker 2: Because they are on separate sides of the ball, and they're the two biggest challenges in each side. I mean, that's what's so different about football. You don't It's not basketball where you're playing back and forth. It's one offense for Southern defense and vice versus. So it's two separate games going out there, and it's how everything ties together. That's why quarterbacks are never playing against each other. Chris Shones is the toughest guy to deal with on their defense, and you know, after Pat, I mean Travis is the toughest, one of the toughest players to.
Speaker 1: Deal with in this league.
Speaker 2: So they're both two huge challenges.
Speaker 1: I haven't thought about that yet, but I'll do it for a while. It won't just be one.
Speaker 7: Night, Kyle.
Speaker 8: In this day and age where there's a lot of data, analytics and film study, how much do you allow your gut to take over and make.
Speaker 9: A call for you.
Speaker 2: I mean film study and I mean film study analytics. That's what affects your gut. I mean your gut, not just gambling under letter or anything. It's you study, you prepare, You do that.
Speaker 1: A lot of ways.
Speaker 2: You know your own team, You know the tendencies of what you're going against, from watching film, from watching techniques. You get tons of analytics reports that sometimes can really help, sometimes they're skewed. You got to look into all that and match it with what you see, and that's what affects your gut. Your gut isn't just hey, I got a good guts, you've worked out it all week, and which allows you to anticipate and do stuff because every decision is based off of that. There's not until we get robots doing this. There's not just hey, this equals this and you go to this. It's it's all about that one play, and there's different variations and it's only about that one play.
Speaker 8: Kyle jam Alexander with three Old Talker. Media's quick to make narratives sometimes about careers, and there might be one if you don't win this game, that you can't win the big one. How are you prepared to deal with that? If that would be the case, that that might be the narrative coming out of this game.
Speaker 1: If you guys don't win, I deal with it the same way.
Speaker 2: If we win, I celebrate with our team, I celebrate with my families, and I move on with the rest of my life, which is being a father, son and coaching and working and doing all that.
Speaker 1: I mean, narrative, good or bad is just a narrative.
Speaker 2: And that's my biggest thing with everything, Like when you go into these games, what makes you prepare? I just don't want to regrets. I just don't want to do everything that makes sense to myself, that makes sense for our team. And when you do that, that's what I have found. No matter how hard something is or good something is, you always keep perspective of what it really is if you want to. If you want your perspective to be someone else's narrative. Good luck being happy in life or successful.
Speaker 6: Kyle, I have a pretty important question always, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Can you discuss the smoke alarm affected you?
Speaker 8: Were you able to get back to sleep?
Speaker 10: How a little affect you?
Speaker 2: On Sunday we were already up so and then getting into the coaches and we're in the basement, so we didn't actually hear it. But by the time I saw the players at seven and asked them how their night was, they're all were complaining about the fire alarm and all having to go outside and everything. So I didn't realize how big of a deal it was till I met them and they showed me the video, and so I think it was a pain for them. Just no one wants to get up at six and have to go outside when we don't have meetings till eight.
Speaker 1: But it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Hey, Kyle, how do you reconcile the fact that everything you do throughout the season and even through the off season, how do you kind of sit with the fact that it all boils down to this one moment, these three hours on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I think that's how it boils down to it for everybody. I think if I look at my whole NFL career, like I feel like the only time that you ever in the season satisfied without a Super Bowl is maybe people's first year as a head coach.
Speaker 1: If you exceed over.
Speaker 2: It, over exceed expectations, if you do that more than people think and you're just short of the playoffs, it's like the only time that you haven't made the playoffs and you're not just feeling like you completely failed after that if you don't make the playoffs in this league, like, no one's happy. If you make the playoffs and you lose your last game in the playoffs, no one's happy when you get to the super Bowl. If you lose the Super Bowl, you're not happy. I got told this a long time ago. There's usually only one team that's happy at the end of the year. And so whether it comes down to the Super Bowl, it's a playoff game, it's all the same, Like we're going for the big one. Yeah, it hurts when you get that close to it because it is so hard to get there. But I mean there's lots of big games in this league. I'm very fortunate our team's been able to get here twice.
Speaker 1: You know, last one was a tough one.
Speaker 2: I felt we had every opportunity to win that, but they made those plays that if we did it at the end, and I think it's gonna be a real tight game this week. We got two really good teams and we'll see how it unfolds.
Speaker 1: But I like our chances.
Speaker 7: Coach Ablo Martine Ridmo. Yesterday, Troy Vincent at an Amazon presentation, talked about the impact of.
Speaker 1: AI and data on head coaching.
Speaker 7: He said some of the younger coaches would love to have that as help because they're not as experienced.
Speaker 1: The older coaches.
Speaker 7: Don't want that anywhere near the younger coaches because it made even even the field. You've been a young coach, you're not a young coach anymore. Do you ever foresee having a booth next to you so you can consult very quickly or at this point what you know is good enough and the machine won't help you.
Speaker 2: No, I mean what anybody knows isn't good enough. Everything evolves every day, so I don't care if you're young or old, or it's this week or next week. Like if you don't stop, if you stop learning, you're it's not for long. So I mean, I don't that's pretty broad on what AI does and everything, but if it can help, I mean we'll use anything that helps. But again, football, like percentages and everything can help people have a clue what happens over a long period of time.
Speaker 1: That's why I always related to blackjack.
Speaker 2: If you follow the rules exactly, you should win fifty one percent of the time if you no one sits next to you who doesn't know the rules. But football is not that way. You didn't you don't get to run that third and one one hundred times and end up if you do it the exact way someone next to you, you'll be fifty one percent. So I mean sometimes you get a lot of numbers, but people don't realize, well, yeah they're a good run team.
Speaker 1: Well that was pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Did you see that one guy busts and let's get that seventy yarder all of a sudden, But everyone else is going to talk to you about how they're real good run teams. So like all that stuff, and sometimes it's really good. That's why you got to take.
Speaker 1: It all in.
Speaker 2: But don't just read a sheet and think it's the cliff notes and it'll help you pass the tests. Better go verify it in a lot of different ways, because it's one decision.
Speaker 10: Kyle, what do you remember about what your dad told you after the last Super Bowl? And then what kind of conversations have you had leading up to this one?
Speaker 2: I mean last super Will did say he was proud of me, hurt from me. Those they're tough. That's why it happens right away, like probably any dad would do as it goes by you. I can talk more football with my dad than most people can, but not much different than any other game. You know, so nothing magical to give you guess, Kyle, would.
Speaker 9: You agree that you know, maybe you guys haven't played your A game yet in the two playoff games, and how have you gone about challenging your team and preparing them so that this game is a more complete game from start to finish.
Speaker 2: I mean that's I don't think we've necessarily played our A game all year. I mean I think just in all three phases. I thought probably in all three phases it was maybe Dallas we got there. I think in the second half of the Philly game didn't start out that right that way. We've been able to win a lot of games, and win a lot of them not very that weren't very close, But I mean we don't everything.
Speaker 1: We never have acted.
Speaker 2: I mean, those two games in the playoffs definitely weren't our best all around in all three phases. But you're also going to get some better teams too. It always does get harder. But our team, we haven't sat here and said, what do we got to do these last two weeks. This is what we do every single game, even games that people think we're doing real good, and we don't always look at it that way. So we're pretty hard on each other. We there's nothing new that we're seeing, like, oh, we got to fix it every single play, whether it's practice, whether it's walk through, whether it's the game, it's it's always accounted for.
Speaker 1: So we got guys that like football, they.
Speaker 2: Don't mind getting corrected, and we just keep working at it, always trying to have that perfect game, which probably never will have but hopefully we can have as good of a one this week, and that'd be our last one of the year.
Speaker 1: You're right, last one, Kyle.
Speaker 10: You when you first took over as the head coach of the Niners, your offense was known for a lot of under center play action. That was kind of the new big thing. Over the last five six years, you've been running it less and less and less, but more shotgun flash and more undercentered straight drop back. What's been the impetus behind that? Change?
Speaker 1: Lots of things? How defense play?
Speaker 2: You it to a certain passes you want to do out of the shotgun, and then once you do more stuff out of the gun, how you I mean regards to whether it's in gun or under center. We're still trying to be balanced on first and that can down. So you come up with new runs out of the shotgun, which leads to new play actions out of the shotgun. Whatever you do a lot of you usually get stuff off of that, and I don't know, if you get quarterbacks that are more comfortable with it, you start to do a different play Things just evolve and you just keep learning.
Speaker 1: You build inventory,