Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio apps like searching FSR. Hey, guess what day it is? There's magazine Day, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday's the new Friday, which means the weekend. I'm sorry, divisional playoff weekend begins right now. Wait, and that means we throw it back. We reminisce old school when fifty hits on the clock plus something new today, we call it seeing our show and tell. I'll explain, but I'm Covino, that is Rich, Danny g is here and we be rocking out. Great to see Iowa, Sam and Prefet and Spotty's on the videos. Spots on the videos again Covino and Rich FSR. If you guys want to sign up and subscribe, it's free. Our YouTube page, live chat stream, live and again broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio Covino and Rich FSRS where you go to watch us and chat it up and say what's up. And on this throwback Thursday, we're taking it back Do Do Do Do, take you back, and we're taking it back to great doing something. We're calling seeing our show and Tell, and we're not going to share what memorabilia we brought in from our personal collections until the end of the show. But if you're watching, you can take a peek. You could take a peek like Rich Davis. You see it right in front of us, Rich Davis, Hey, he's always trying to peak right in front of us right now. On YouTube, Covino and Rich FSR. You can comment on the items and if you can guess, maybe we'll throw in more prizes. Your name could be called at the end of the show seeing our prizes are being given away. You see what we have right in front of us on YouTube. All right, now, let's get right into this John Harbaugh. They're already calling him Jersey Johnny, and I think the question you posted me in the kitchen before the show is the right one. It's hey, slow down or get pumped up? Slow down or pump up when it comes to Harbaugh, slow your role, as Rich Davis loves to say. If he's Jersey Johnny wouldn't it be take it East, dak you oh there you go, slow down or we know, take it east or pump it up. Yeah, that's perfect so Jersey. Yeah, because you take it easy, you pump your fist and excitement, take it ease. I listen, there's a headline. I'm looking around the room. We always had the different sports networks on. I'm seeing headlines like Giants immediate playoff contender to that take it East. But we've seen quick turnarounds in the NFL, and we've seen even this year's Anybody season, we've seen potential and excitement with the Giants before all the injuries. Yeah, dude, Scataboo and Dart were difference makers, neighbors, and you throw good coaches in there. And here's my theory. I get it, Take it East right, they'll be prisoner of the moment. But first of all, Giants fans need something to be excited about. Harbaugh is one of the greatest gets in coaching, great fit for New York. I can't be great there, but hold on. This is my point. This is why I say stay pumped up like you're Paul d on the Jersey Shore. Pump your fist, and excitement. Habbu's here because I think he's he's the bait, the shiny bait that that the Giants need to bring more exciting players to New York or New Jersey. Take it East, all right, I say take it East, and I'll tell you why. Because while John Harball is a generational guy, a guy that could really make a different I mean, it's not like he was coaching a bunch of hobos and fell short. He didn't make the playoffs with Hobo. The Ravens, who are are pretty you know, pretty well on paper, We many of us chose the Ravens to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. Bell fit and you know that you're not doing anything different on Fox Sports that he did at ESPN. But what it's working here why fit fit? So I'm just throwing that out there, something to think about. I'm just saying, Jersey, Johnny. I guess listen, if you're a Giants fan and you went four and thirteen, there should be a yeah, we're pumped up, Like what's the alternative? You go with some coach that no one cares about. You got John Harbaugh and it happened quickly, which means which means like this way, because the first report I heard was the Giants. We actually mentioned it on the Stree Show. The update was the Giants were going so aggressive at Harball, it's likely that something's going to happen. Then we heard, well, he's not even gonna be with the Falcons now because they're pushing it so hard. And then it seemed like minutes later, Oh, it was official. It was Zine had the Falcons for that girl. That's like, you could do anything to me. Yeah. So and he was like, eh, yo, I got a question for you guys. I know Jay Stu is still in the studio and he's a big bachelor guy. And I always find it interesting on a show like a dating show like The Bachelor, where the guy has to pretend he's into a lot of these girls for the I guess, for the ruse and the optics and the optics of the show. But Comino and I agree, if you put us in a room of twenty five good looking, well rounded women, oh I narrow it down to five. Real you can narrow it down to five and then maybe you know, get to know those five and be like, oh, choose my match. But I happened to you that time of the nets dancers. Remember, Yeah, immediately you could be pleasantly surprised. Though someone else might make the cut. Yeah, someone that you might not be initially attracted to. Her personality shines, But for the most part those shows, you really could be like, all right, you twenty Yeah, I'm sure you're amazing, but not for me. Harbo must have really just did the anti Bachelor where he's like, listen, I know, no, Ruse Atlanta, I'm not coming there, Hey Cleveland, save your breath, Like he might have really just took the approach of listen, New York, if you gotta roll out the red carpet, you're sort of where I want to go, So I don't want to waste anyone else's time. Let's get it done, and that way we could all just move along with our day. But I'm also sure that Dark gave the thumbs up and vice versa. I'm sure that was like, yeah, we're willing to do this, and I believe in this kid. I think he's great. I'm sure he believes in some of these young players and some ofa moves that there willing and promising to make to make his coaching there go smoother. So I got a question for he had a list of demands. Yeah, he said he wanted a fish tank. He wanted Taylor Ham sandwiches every morning in Jersey. Do you think every one of those demands got met? And green M and m's I would imagine if he was throwing it out there like that, right, Yeah, if he said, Danny, he wanted twenty MILLI at least a year plus ten million for his personnel and GM didn't he want to some one hundred grand bars always on standby or something, some little stock of baby oil, one hundred grand bars.
Speaker 2: He wanted a New York Giants helmet overturned with filled with ice cream, and nude pictures of b Arthur Old.
Speaker 3: Toilet seats and black toilet paper. So all of these and reportedly rich. Remember in Baltimore, he wanted his OC Monkin to stay in place, and the front office wasn't with that. And the news is that Monkin's going to come over with him to the Giants. Well that's monk and unbelievable. So you saying you don't want my guy, I'm going to take my guy with me.
Speaker 1: So I got a great question to start the show. With I mean we were at ten minutes ten, but well, the first question is and feel free to chime in eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports, readio, on social media, or the live chat. Like we said Covino on Rich FSR on YouTube, we get that running. We changed it from slow down or pump up to take it ease or pump it up. You gotta pump it up. Do you pump your fist and excitement or do you take any you're a Giants fan, do you pump it up oho humbos here or do you say take it ease? You're four and thirteen. There's still a lot of work to be done. It's gtch Bro, Jim Tanning Harbaugh. I'll say this, even though the Giants have won two Super Bowls, I'm not going to compare them to the lowly Marlins, but there is an analogy in place. The Marlins are always sort of like mediocre and not good. But back in the late nineties early two thousands, like every so often the Marlins just found a way to win a World Series and it would erase all the suck. Yeah, but you're forgetting that the season started with Russell Wilson. It's not like Dart was the guy from the start. You know, it was a it was a difficult road to climb. Scataboo was really bringing it and then got hurt. You're sort of making my point point is the Giants because they beat the undefeated Patriots, and because they beat the Giants the pin they beat the Patriots again in the Super Bowl and eli won two. We forget that. There are plenty of years where the Giants were average or stunk. Like the Giants, the analogy would be a team like Drew Brees and Sean Payton and the Saints. We're probably twelve and four and thirteen and three, eleven and five every year and they just fell short. The Giants were good every so often, but when they were good, they just happened to win the Super Bowl. So the Giants have never really had long term success. And that's a fact. I know this. We lived in New York. Giant fans were always frustrating. You'd be like, yeah, but you want a super Bowl. They're like, yeah, but when we don't want a super Bowl, we're not.
Speaker 2: They want the number one seed, they want the division title, they want the home field advance and then maybe they'd squeeze in and they'd reel off wins and go win.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know ho. Now I got to just prove my own point hold on Giants, the fact this Giant season by season NFL, because you'd be shocked at like how.
Speaker 2: Long they've stun Well, no, they how were like nine and seven when they won a Super Bowl. I think they were a wild card. They were at nine and seven. You are, Danny g Iowa, Sam, you guys are honey. I get the credit, you get the hundred percent right on. But let's go to the two thousands.
Speaker 1: In the late nineties, all right, the Giants, the New York Football Giants. When they won the Super Bowl, they were ten and six. The year before that they were eight and eight. Then they were twelve and four and lost right away in the playoffs. Then eight and eight, ten and six, nine and seven, seven and nine, six and ten, six and ten, eleven and five, three and thirteen, five and eleven, four and twelve, six and ten, four and thirteen, nine and seven and one, six and eleven, three and fourteen, four and thirteen. The Giants have stunk for the most part for a while. They're not good. It just we get it's uh, you almost get it's an illusion because of those Giants beating the Patriots moments that are historic other than that they stink. So Harborough could be the first got to bring them long term success in a long time. So here's part two of the question. Part one, I love Kamino. Which is your Do you pump it up Jersey style Jim Tanning and Harbor or do you take it East Soprano style? Part two of the question, what suck disappears? First? The Giants or the Raiders. These are two teams that stink, but both teams that on paper, after the offseason and coaching and draft picks could very well turn it around. Who do you think could have their suck disappear? Quicker? Okay, true question because we don't know how the chips are gonna fall with the Raiders yet. As far as coaching, I mean, we got one Domino, one Domino fell. We know that Harbaugh in New York. We assume Mendoza will be a Raider who's coaching the Raiders. Who you give me a good educated guest on who you think it's gonna be, and then I'll give you my answer, Let's say it's Kevin Stefanski. I don't know, Danny. You're a Raiders guy, so you probably have your updates. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Raider beat writers right now are guessing Clint Kubiak is the leader.
Speaker 1: So Clint Kubiak, offensive minded guy, Tom Brady in the building, Mendoza, Rock Bowers, genty and like we said, you spend every piece of equity or draft picks or free agent money on line line line line line, line, line, line line, maybe a receiver, line line line, line, line line. Danny Well, I like this answer, but I think both of them are going to throw around, throw a corner in there. And Rich you're acting like it's impossible. But we saw it with the Bears worse, we saw it with the Patriots worse. The first all takes is the right connection, the right chemistry, the right coaching with the right quarterbacks people to develop. I think the Giants and the Raiders might have a good turnaround next season, but I think based on what we know so far, the Giants is the answer, Giants over Raiders as far as who improves the most. The Giants have lost ten or more games in eight of the last ten seasons. They're double digit losers. But we've seen other teams turning around real quick. Why would you say just because they're the Giants, just because they have that stigma because of what they've been, they're not that team anymore. With all these new people, the Giants would have an equal reputation of the Jets had they not had these miraculous Again, they were two super Bowl runs, so again it's hard to take that away. But other than those two runs, and Sam's right, one of them was as a nine to seven road dog wildcard team. If they didn't have those runs, their highlights would have been the equivalent of a Mark Sanchez Jets team, and you would have been like, yeah, both New York team's equally stink because they do other than Maconky and Bovaro. Would have been the last great memory, the way Sims day, the way the Mets glorified Darryl Strawberry. The Giants will still be talking about Phil Simms blonde mullet. All right, so we open it up now, it's an exciting day. Last night was an exciting night. Who ares who races the suck first? Danny, I go to you because you're a Raiders fan, I think I think honestly, I gave you my answer. I think it's the Giants, and that's not to knock the excitement. I still have to see where the Raiders go the whole Fernandoumandos, the storyline is so dope, So I say that respectfully, Danny.
Speaker 3: G Yeah, and I think the Raiders have more work to do on the defensive side of the ball compared to the Giants. The Giants have a head start on the Raiders. So yeah, the Giants have a better, way, better chance of moving forward faster.
Speaker 1: Is it a so which suck? Would this disappear first? Is it a redunculous Is it a ridunculous prop bet to say I'm gonna parlay that the Giants and Raiders both make the postseason next year. I don't think it's crazy. Yeah, you've seen it. I mean, but think about it before.
Speaker 3: For the Raiders moving forward, an eight win season would be good. They just want to see some growth in the right direction, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So look at the two teams. We're focusing on, the Raiders and the Giants. It's uh. I know people say comparison is the thief of joy. Right, that's a good saying. I agree with that. Comparison is the thief of Joey. You go look on Instagram. That's why I'm so sad watching all the fun people have on vacation on social media. Go go on Instagram. I saw a girl do a great clip on social media. Believe it or not, she goes. You go on social media, everyone's hot. Look around real life, I see they're not go weeks without seeing like a really hot person. But on social media, every scroll is like a girl that's got a great ass and ass. Where all these hot he's at. They're all on Malibu. Where are all the hot people? The whole foods across the street. Bro, that's where they are. Because honestly, on social media you would think everyone's hot and shopping around in their yoga pants. In real life, every day you just see a lot of mutants. So I think you got to keep it real here, even though comparison is the thief of joy. The Giants are in a division where the Eagles look like they're lost in the sauce. A J. Brown's probably gone. That's that team's psychologically not there. Washington had a big down year. The Cowboys are always in a flux of confusion, and you see the giants there and you're like, you know, maybe there's an opportunity. The Raiders still have to compete with the Chiefs team with Andy Reid that will clearly want to revamp and be competitive again with back with the photo though, that photo of Scatabu and Dart when things were clicking for that small portion of the year where they really don't care what. I don't care what I have to say. I'm just saying I feel like you're forgetting that. No, you don't care what I have to say. I do care. I read an article It said if you interrupt someone mid sentence, that means you just don't care what they're saying. Were you doing research on why people get frustrated with you because you do it all the time?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well would want to do account? Yeah I would. I would like to do it. I don't because word for word, I think it's like one thousand to one hundred. If you want to do a word count on this show. If we had like a punch stat, like a comp u box stat for punches, you think I say ten times more stuff than you with that A damn I should get paid more. Let me now. So it's like I'm playing a game with double Dutch. I have to throw in my comments or else I'll never get anything in.
Speaker 2: David Letterman would never let any of his guests finish a sentence. He'd always start the next questions. That's just it's a strategy for both of you.
Speaker 1: It's fine. Sorry, I know you were mister sensitive pants. You want no gaps, no silence. I didn't know Rich had sensitive pants on today because I'm excited about the Giants. I thought it was pump it up or take it ease. All you had to do is just take it ease. Oh man, I'm pumped up. I thought these were Travis Matthew pants. You forget the jersey, their sensitive pants.
Speaker 3: You're right, you were talking about the AFC West and Andy Reid's gonna want to revamp.
Speaker 1: I was saying, your your division has the number one seed, never Broncos, the Chiefs who clearly are not gonna want to be, you know, down and out too long. They got Mahomes and Andy Reid. And you also have the Chargers who while they looked like asked last week, they still made the playoffs and one eleven games, and they have heard and Harbaugh, so they're also gonna revamp their own line. You know what it's like, Danny, It's like looking at the Cardinals in the NFC West and saying, my goodness, you could do whatever you want to try to revamp that team, but you're still in the same division as Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Mike McDonald and you know three division that was kicking everyone's butt last week, the Vision that broke record three teams won twelve or more games. Good luck Cardinals, and unfortunately that's the Raiders as saying they're going all the way. You're saying they're gonna be a lot better next year. Could they go all the way? Anything could happen. They're gonna be better, a lot better. Everybody's gonna revamp, but I think the Giants have a way wayhead start with Harbaugh, an exciting quarterback and exciting running back coming back. Yeah, we also need to put the receiver.
Speaker 3: We also need to put the Falcons into this mix because on defense they're ahead of both of those teams. They're at the question mark for them as quarterback.
Speaker 1: If the Falcons and don't don't think for a second that harbought it and he had all these these requirements to go there, right, You don't think that he's like, yeah, but I'm only going there if you're getting X, Y and Z as far as players as well, they're going to get so many more weapons. He didn't go there just to suck. Yeah, but there's no way I can't guarantee teams players want to sign, but they're already good. You have to make a commitment. But he's the reason they're going to want to go there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think what makes this fun Covin know we talked about Skataboo and of course Jackson Dart on the other side with Las Vegas, imagine Fernando Mendoza. He walks in with a lot of holes and question marks on the roster, but he does get to throw the ball to brock Bowers and hand it off to Ashton Genty, who's exciting to watch. And Genty almost ran for a thousand yards behind that pitiful olie.
Speaker 1: And because I'm not hating on the Raiders, got Brady there. Man, this guy who is going to take a more prominent role for He's going to take him under his wing. I mean, that's incredible. What young player of that stature, like a Mendoza type wouldn't want to have a Brady on your side. It's amazing. So I'm excited for both teams. But to answer your question, I'm still sticking with the Giants here, prisoner of the moment. Maybe Falcons is an interesting one, Danny, because well, I know they didn't make the playoffs. They were in a three way tie technically, yeah, and that division so mediocre that the Falcons that we said that game they lost to the Jets, they beat the Jets, they're the ones that win that division at nine and eight, I think the Falcons you could argue that they'd be the preseason favorites to win that division with some changes.
Speaker 3: And then you have Miles Garrett in the Browns, another team like the Falcons, great, great defense. But on the offensive side, who's their quarterback?
Speaker 1: Is it gonna be Shador? You think that's their You think Schador is their go to? What's Deshaun Watson's story? I feel naive.
Speaker 3: They said they're going to keep them and let them compete for the QB job. Now, I mean you mean the guy they're paying like a bazillion dollars and that's the only reason they're keeping them around.
Speaker 1: But not only that, at that point, not only that Cavino Deshaun Watson, didn't the owner already call him a mistake. I mean, I remember we thought because he said that, there's no way he sticks around. But is our team that you think would want to take on Deshaun Watson and any of that money? No, no, hell no zero chance. Yeah hell to the non to the no, no, no way, no way. So now we open it up to you Fox Sports Radio Nation. It's a two part doozy take it as the Giants stink or do you get pumped up? And which suck will disappear first, the Raiders or the Giants based on all the news and all the moving parts. We'll take your phone calls and stick around because we got ce in our show and tell you could see some of the stuff we brought in now at Covino and CHFSR on YouTube. We'll talk about it later on and old school in fifty hits. We throw it back on a Thursday in about a half hour from now, we got more Covino and Rich and your phone calls. Next Fox Sports Radio Now If you are facing hiring hiring headaches staffing your business, we know it's complex, high turnover, skill gaps, ever changing regulations. It could slow growth and drain your resources. That's where Express Employment Professionals comes into play. With decades of staffing expertise, Express connects you to a larger pool of qualified candidates, helping you reduce turnover and build the right sized workforce. Get started at expresspros dot com. Need to flex your staff for pseasons or special projects, Express Employment Pros offers contract staffing so you can scale up or down with ease, preventing burnout and boosting productivity. They if you worried about compliance, Express days on top of ever changing employment laws, and they recognize excellence. They've recognized every year for excellence, in fact, earning clearly Rated's Best of Staffing, Client and Talent Awards plus the Diamond Award for Client Satisfaction. So don't let hiring challenges hold your business back. Visit Expresspros dot com to find the local office and discover how Express Employment Pros can help you hire smarter and faster. If hiring is taking you away from growing your business, get the support you need from Express don't spend your time weeding through spam online applicants. Hire faster with Express Express Employment Pros, building your work force, supporting your success. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: For the show. That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 1: So when it comes to Harbor on the Giants, take it east or pump it all Covino and Rich. And by the way, if you're watching on YouTube, Covino and Rich FSR, we're pumping it up in the studio Fox Sports Radio Studio. But on this stow back Thursday, we're taking it back to grade school and doing something called ce in our show and tell We're not going to share what it is until later on, but you could see it if you're on YouTube right now, Covino and Rich FSR. And if you guess correctly. Danny g might call your name for some prizes here on the show, but again live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Your next success can begin sooner than you think. Apply now and save with no dude, you mind, I'm interrupting me. I'm success. I'm doing a read for Sorry, thanks man, appreciate it. Your next success can begin sooner than you think. Apply now and save with no application feed through February eleventh that the university thought my son's birthday. University of Maryland Global Campus this new year. Put your goals within reach at an accredited state university. Learn more at you MGC dot edu. That's MGC dot edu. And if you're facing a peak season looking for a new team member, workforce solutions from Express Employment Pros make hiring easy. Visit Express Pros dot com. Find an office near you. See how easy it is. Express can make hiring smarter and faster. Yo, why are you trying to yuck everybody's yump today? It's like, even if you're not a Giants fan, you gotta be pumped up about the Giants being better next year and they have a clear path. In fact, my brother's listening what's up top Jimmy Hey, I agree with you in Cavino that while the Raiders have some you know, clear big players in place exciting, you get those gent d Bowers and you have Tom Rady at the helm. That's who's gonna be instrumental in picking that next match. Crossby coach. You still have Crosby is the captain of your defense. They still are in a division with three other good teams. Like I said, it's like the Cardinals trying to dig out of what they're doing in the NFC West. The Giants are in a division of three teams that are sort of just meh, like the Eagles. I think the Eagles are gonna start dismantling a little bit. Washington was hurt. They'll probably bounce back. And the Cowboys DA's always consistent, but I don't know what Jerry's doing there. So the Giants actually have a very good opportunity with a very good coach and a very exciting rock star of a young quarterback in Jackson Dart. Horbole Dart, that might be the cool combo. Look is it too earlate to tell? Yeah? Of course, but it postes the question of hey, prisoner of the moment, slow, It down, take it east or get pumped up, pump your fist to the excitement, and which suck will disappear? First, I'm saying Giants over the Raiders, even though I think they're both going to be better than next year. All right, So your thoughts now eight seven seven ninety nine, Oh Fox, And what is the chat saying? A lot of people saying the Giants they should be pumping it up, Steve hit us Up, Stephen Lopez, Scott RJ, Daniel Kate, rain Wes, a lot of people saying Giants. It seems like pretty unanimous. That's unanimous that the Giants have very, very much a reason to pump it up today. So let me let me ask you a question that doesn't have to do a football I'm dtch Bro Down to Harball, Down to Harball. That's the new slogan. Yeah, man, make a sure before someone else does. Yeah. Gtch Bro, Jim Tanning Harbaugh, Yeah, someone already did. Harbas speaking of New York and the Giants getting all pumped up about Harball. Harba's here. I gotta ask when you're seeing what's going on in the off season in baseball, when your team is stagnant, are there times where you're like, well, it's better than making the wrong moves, or is it just discouraging completely? Like today, Kyle Tucker is gonna make this decision, and if he doesn't pick the Mets, that means the Mets have whiffed on pretty much everything they've sort of investigated. Yeah, but you don't want to overspend. You want to give these crazy contracts out too, because a lot of the players, just because of what their agents are promising, they want crazy amounts of time. Like the I mentioned Cody Bellinger earlier. The Yankees gave him a solid offer for five years, but Boris and them have convinced themselves that they're worthy of seven years. Would you give that guy seven years? Same things with Kyle Tupmer. This guys want too much time to money. The Mets lost the business. The Mets lost the Polar Bear Pete to Baltimore. Edwin Diaz and Timmy Trumpets comes out here to the Dodgers. But then you start seeing these deals and you're like, well, I wouldn't want my team to make that deal. Did you see Ranger Suarez of the Phillies. Don't get me wrong, he's a good pitcher. But this guy, the deal he signs with the Boston Red Sox is not a deal someone gets when they've never won more than twelve games in a season. This is the guy that wins like twelve games. Good pitcher era in the threes, can't make those mistakes. But how many years did they get Suarez for it? Do you know? I hate to put you on a spot. I'll give you an example on this. Look. I hate to talk about it. I'm a Yankees fan, right. DJ le Mayhew isn't playing this year or next year, but the Yankees have to pay him fifteen million dollars next year and the year after, So thirty million dollars going to DJ LeMay who's not even on the team. Because they're they're giving these crazy extended contracts. You gotta be realistic. It's a business. So they're doing the best they can. Look they want to win more than you do. And on a side note, Rich, without getting too far off track, did you see Danny's boy is playing for Team USA. Kershaw Clayton Kershaw, who you thought was done, you'd never see him again. You think he's retired, and he is, but he's still playing for Team Usa come March. I think that's kind of awesome. Have fun with it. Yeah, who doesn't love Kershaw even if you don't like the Dodgers. He's a likable guy. It doesn't affect his legacy at all. He could still say he stepped away in baseball as a World Series champion and he got out of a jam for them and he's still playing. His ending was beautiful. I don't think the World Baseball Classic interferes mentally. It's just be a lot of fun for him and a lot of fun for Team USA. And I know he's a good left handed picture of it. Ranger Suarez signed with the Red Sox five years, one hundred and thirty million dollars. Now, I know we throw around money in sports easily does NBA players. I know they make like forty fifty million dollars that you might not even know who they are Red Sox Suarez, But I mean Red Sox Suarez one hundred and thirty million dollars, a guy that has won twelve games two times in other years eight games, nine games. You know, Yeah, these contracts are ridiculous for mediocrity. You know what it does? The lack of solid arm Danny does the teams being desperate. I said it yesterday briefly, But does it just prove that there's so few schemes in school balls that guys like Ranger Suarez. You know, there's only so many Yamamotos. They might be five or six. You know, Wheeler but he got hurt last year. There's only a few guys that are front of the line aces and rich.
Speaker 3: As far as Kyle Tucker goes, if you Mets, if that reports true about the money that you guys have offered him per season.
Speaker 1: The over fifty eight years, that would make him like the.
Speaker 3: Third or fourth highest paid MLB player. I mean, he's a consistent great player, but I don't think you'd say he's top three in the league.
Speaker 1: One of my Met buddies said to me, he goes, Don't get me wrong, I'm really hoping it happens. But he said, Kyle Tucker, it's the type of player. If your team signs him, you're not high five in your bros. He goes, it's just like a oh cool Tucker, great player, a fifty million plus a year and he wants five years. So imagine the Mets pony up and gives Kyle Tucker two fifty over five. Z. I was gonna be like, what the heck did I do wrong? No, he's just not like me. Yeah, seriously, if you weren't willing to make it happen for Pete Alonso and you can roll out the red carpet for this guy, what's he done for you? It's a really interesting offseason market for baseball. I know we're really not a whole lot that's whine. People are just grasping at anything. We're really heavy into into football now, but I just thought that baseball note was worth it. No, it's definitely wor and a lot of people may have missed the Kershawn News yesterday was telling us that Nolan or she says at a Nadal Nolan Aronado. Yeah, this guy is is a you know all stir year after year. But that was back in the day. Last year about a two thirty you know home runs in the teens. Like he's not what he was and he's still stunning. I think like twelve them run. So we're talking about a guy baseball money is just ridiculous. I feel I'm so confused as to who gets money. Anyway, let's go to our pal profet for an update. Chris, tell me something good about Fred Warner. The update is Fred Warner out? That just scheme throw? Yeah, Fred Warner? All the excitement for looks like they're saying that it's likely not to happen against the Sea Hawks. We want to read not what are your things? And Daniel LFSA is not gonna fight. This whole story about Sam Donald's a bleak. Is that just added drama for your mama? Or is this a big nothing burger of a story. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I Donald says there's no chance that he's not going to be out there on the field.
Speaker 2: So those guys always say that when they're like that, But I think that is this doesn't seem like a terrible injury that would preclude him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people are gonna run with that questionable. What does that mean? Yeah, if he plays, if he plays poorly, it'll absolutely come back to this. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's as oblique as you think.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, play Rich spirit Fred Warner story, Well cool, keep an eye on that. We got more seeing our next on Fox. So it all comes down to this, Rich, I'm sorry, Betty. One game the best of the best, the minus Fred Warner playing for the Lombardi though, So if you're watching a game at home, watch it like it matters on the TCO Ultimate Series, the QM eight K or the QM nine K. This is Super Bowl football, bright stadium lights, fast cuts, big hits, and bigger debates. Was he ended it moved and across. TCL brings the ultimate brightness and ultimate black levels. So the picture stays clean from kickoff to the final drive. It's so clear you could almost smell the fresh cut grass. You see the ball spin, the tow drag on the sideline, no blur and go big. Why not right? The Ultimate Series is available in a massive ninety eight inch class that's insane. So every seats a great seat, not just for the people in the middle. And if you can't be at the stadium, TCL Ultimate Series is the next best seat available at all major retailers. TCL is the official TV partner of the NFL. Here for Super Bowl sixty Trust and Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch and all the decision makers in the bay. I'm sorry, buddy, Fred Warner out is like, I'm really sorry, really bummer news. I can't describe trying to think of an analogy. We spent the whole show being excited about the possibility yesterday that Fred Warner might come back.
Speaker 3: I feel like we're living in backwards world. Remember yesterday we wanted to lead with Harbob, but instead we led with Warner, and then it should have been flip flopped today.
Speaker 1: To me, I just felt like Willie Daniel LaRusso it was. It just felt like his destiny that Fred Warner just somehow got on the field, even if he didn't play all that much, just to inspire. I'm sorry, Betty, but I'm sorry you imagine sorry, I'm sorry for and I'm sorry for the Fred Warner news man. I was really excited about it too. Well, guess what, it's too late. You don't want him out there on a peg leg. You know, if he can't go, he can't go. He said, moral for moral support, it's a moral victory if he's out there, it's just a great look for the team, Like, yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Needs to talk to the team still in his street clothes and be like I want to suit up next week.
Speaker 1: They said he would absolutely be ready to go if they got past the Seahawks, but that's it's not like yeah, yeah, so hey, we're Comino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio, and that's the update on Fred Warner. We'll keep your post. Someone give a Sam darn A a little knuckle sandwich to the oblique. Have you ever wiped with a piece of dry toilet paper? You're sitting on the toilet and you're wondering, is this as good as it gets? Well, it's not switched to life changing wet, extra large, fleshable. Dude wipes so rich. When you're feeling down later on the ball thinking about Fred Warner or you're drying toilet paper, think that things are better. So what you're trying to say is I'm bummed about Fred Warner and you want me to think about you want a toilet yeah, because weather just cleans better. They're available to Amazon and okay, how many times does your wife say do you need anything from Amazon? Next time you're like, yeah, dudewipes available to Amazon and major retailers nationwide. Dude wipes, best clean pants down out. It's time for our tyrec play of the day. The Sacramento King started the week by beating the Lakers, and last night they took out the Knicks. Still in a lot of basketball in front of us. In this one, Levin hands off to Westbrook, back to Zach open right wing three. On the way he Scotta triples. Zach Levine is now up to twenty two points in this one. He's still get a little bestball in front of them. Hey, you know what I've said, askball in front of us, and I'll tell you this, I'll light the beam everybody. That's a courtesy of kht K King's Radio Network, and that was our tire rack play of the day. For over forty years, Tyreck's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tire raq dot com. The way tire buying should be big thanks to tirak. And would you look at the time, Oh, there's a certain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what we gonna do?
Speaker 1: Go back.
Speaker 5: Back into time, throwing it back for a Thursday old school when fifty hits, that's fifty after CNR give you the time capsule topic and we reminisce together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, this is a fun one. We're talking lots of football rich just got crappy news. But think back to the good days, the good old days, when you had reason to celebrate on this day. On this day, in nineteen sixty seven, we saw the very first Super Bowl. We really see it. Oh we didn't see it. Yeah, I wasn't alive in sixty seven. Some of you old timers may have seen it. Qush originally the Super Bowl's creator, as part of the merger between the NFL and the AFL, and the first one aired on this day in sixty seven. The game was broadcasted on both CBS and NBC twenty four point four to three million views. That's a lot on CBS and twenty six million on NBC. So you do the math. Green Bay Packers beat the Kansas City Chiefs thirty five to ten. First super Bowl. So that got us thinking, as we reminisce on a throwback Thursday, what are some of your best most memorable Super Bowl moments. It doesn't have to be about the game. Maybe something amazing happened on that day that that super Bowl one. You always see the highlights Lombardi, Bart Starr, It's like the George Washington of the nfl og. Yes, yeah, super Bowl memories. I got a ton of them because Cavin know things. I'm a weirdo, but I remember where I was for every super Bowl since I was born. Remember who's living room he was out. But there's so many great memories. We'll go over all those and get you ready for divisional round next super Bowl time.