Speaker 1: From iHeart podcast Supreme The Battle for Row tells the story of the unlikely champions behind the landmark case Roe v. Wade, starring Maya Hawk as twenty six year old lead attorney Sarah Weddington.
Speaker 2: We're challenging the Texas abortion laws in federal court.
Speaker 1: And Academy Award nominee William H. Macy as Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackman.
Speaker 3: Time is not the most important factor getting it right is.
Speaker 1: Listen to the podcast Supreme The Battle for Row on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts, being.
Speaker 4: To KFA app.
Speaker 5: It's time for Vikings Country, brought to you by Miller Lyte. Now here's your host of Vikings Country from KFAN and the Vikings Radio Network.
Speaker 6: Mus Cousins, Shotgun five Man Ross Derwin, James Lynches and usinspal Right Shock right, Bye, Hap, Bye hawking Pin and again away from me.
Speaker 4: It's not five mont Agelos work down, so.
Speaker 6: Ty Day Hopkins in emotion and the left outside of him Toordnadison, Cousins back to pass bubl Over Middle Hop.
Speaker 4: JJ He's on the run and he is and touch down Vicings.
Speaker 6: Justin Kifferson with this person touchdown this season gives the Vicis a twenty three twenty one lead.
Speaker 4: Hits on forty eight yards right eight to eighteen, so much full inside it gives me to keep it.
Speaker 7: Ain't over until it's over. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Vikings Country. I must we're here with Miller light. We're here at Jerseys and Infragrove Heights. Look at all these Vikings fans sitting out here. We got the school going on out here. We're having a blast. We're having familiar lights. And it's two guys out in a bar, my special guests, Ivan Pace Junior.
Speaker 4: How are you doing?
Speaker 8: Man? I'm doing good. Moss, how you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing fantastic. It ain't over till it's over. I know we'll talk a little bit about the O three, but you know we'll get to that later. I was telling you before that the show is we hit heavy on on football and sports and nexas and oh so we'll get to that and everything like that.
Speaker 7: First home, I have to ask you because a friend of mine, Marney Gellner, You guys know who Martin is.
Speaker 4: Right, she yeah, asked me to ask you, where does Ivan come from? I come from Ohio. I'm from No no no to name.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, I'm a junior. So I got that from my dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you don't really have there's not a lot of Ivans no around here.
Speaker 8: Nah, I really don't even.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 7: Obviously I almost said something stupid like the family neigh or something. Of course it is your dad's so yeah, Cincinnati, Ohio.
Speaker 4: So back to you. You know when you were your stats man, first Miami.
Speaker 7: Of Ohio and then again Cincinnati, three hundred and seven tackles, forty two point five TFLs, twenty one sacks, nine pds and also four forest fumbles.
Speaker 4: You are a beast, my man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you, man.
Speaker 4: They are a beast.
Speaker 7: Now tell me this because I'm kind of interested in the transfer portal. I really have never talked to somebody that has actually been a.
Speaker 4: Part of that.
Speaker 7: You were a part of that, yeah, when you went to Cincinnati, and a big reason was because your brother.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my brother was there.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's that experience like the transfer portal?
Speaker 7: Is it like a difficult thing or does it just kind of like all of a sudden you go down like some shoot, it just it just seems like there's.
Speaker 4: Like a hole in the wall and you just jump through it and so like that.
Speaker 8: But I really got into the transper Portal because of my brothers. I wanted to leave.
Speaker 9: But h I feel like the transport is more like it's like another school to go into. But like it's just coaches picking you up. It's just the same thing. It's like coming out of high school. It's not really much different. It's coach is really just looking at a past film. We're really a college film because you transfer and you try to put like so they recruit you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's basically that, Oh, very cool.
Speaker 4: And you're happy you did that get you in the NFL. That was that's not too bad. Let's speak about that.
Speaker 7: So you're an undrafted free agent and you signed with the Minnesota Vikings in May, and that doesn't happen all that often for an undrafted free agent.
Speaker 4: That they they you got a nice contract. Congratulations on that.
Speaker 8: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Was that like for you moreover.
Speaker 7: Validation as far as they give you a contract without being drafted, you know what I mean? As far it's like they went out of their way early to make sure that they locked you in.
Speaker 9: I think a lot of teams passed up on me, and I think they really they like even the Vikings kind of passed up on me because undrafted. It's really crazy because I thought I was really going like second, third, fourth round and ended up being undrafted. Was kind of crazy because I was really the best linebacker in the draft this year.
Speaker 8: And yeah, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 7: But unanimous All American ACC or AAC rather Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you had some accolades coming at it.
Speaker 8: Yeah I did. But now you're here, man, everything excited to be here too.
Speaker 4: I mean you get on and then like right away if they give you the green dot. Wow, is that ever an honor right there?
Speaker 8: Especially for undrafted rookie. That is crazy.
Speaker 9: Just going in there and being being able to them, being able to trust me is is a good feeling. And then coming out and for the first game against Tampa and actually getting to be a technically a starter. Wasn't named the starter, but like I was out there starting and having all the plays. I think I had like at least fifty plays on defense and it was only like sixty plays.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was good. How about that? Fourth down. Stop you and Bullard? Yeah, that huge stop this last game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we really needed that.
Speaker 9: We needed to really just buckle down and figure out how to stop him from getting in the end zone because that's what we needed and that's what we did.
Speaker 4: So we've established that you're from a while.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Cincinnati. Another Cincinnatian is that Cincinnati?
Speaker 1: Ight?
Speaker 8: Do you know Cincinnati?
Speaker 4: Okay? All right?
Speaker 8: People just say different things sometimes, All right from Cinci.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go.
Speaker 7: Another famous person from Cincinnati is Kyle Rudolph.
Speaker 4: Now he went to Elder High School. Yeah, you were at Coleraine, right, yep.
Speaker 8: And we don't like Elder.
Speaker 4: No, So you couldn't even be happy for Kyle for retiring.
Speaker 8: I was happy for him.
Speaker 9: I really didn't even know he went to Uder at first, and then once I figured out he went the Older, I was like, I like that guy, Like I really liked him in the NFL, but like, knowing he.
Speaker 8: Went the Odor, I was like, but it was good though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm happy for him, and I'm happy for his family and everything he done in the NFL.
Speaker 8: He did a really good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he still does off the field. I Mean, the guy's amazing. And stays in the community. We love number eighty two. Let's see if he is the most famous person from Cincinnati. Okay, you let us know. I mean, that's where you're from. Let's see William Howard taft. He has to be pretty high up on there. He was a president.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's where my college dorm was on his street.
Speaker 4: Oh no, cay up his street. There must have been a mess hall that was close to there if it was for taps. That guy like to eat. How about Nick Masche ninety eight degrees. That's a that's a big one.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was married to Jessica Simpson. The TV show was good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 4: That's that's pretty good. Okay.
Speaker 7: Pete Rose, really, let's be honest, Kyle Rudolph is the Pete Rose of Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Viking. Really a lot of people don't know that. Yep, though gambled on games. What's shame? Steven Spielberg is from Cincinnati, Ohio.
Speaker 8: One really Spilberg?
Speaker 7: Yeah, e t Josh, I don't know one Steven Silberg. He's twenty two.
Speaker 4: Leave him alone. And Neilberg hasn't made anything worth the damn and the why?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know he's kind of a big deal. Well, then you're not gonna know Bootsy Collins. Then who Charles Manson is from Cincinnati. That's a pretty famous name right there. So would you say Kyle since Kyle Rudolph, then Steven Spielberg then Manson?
Speaker 8: What? Yeah? Yeah, that order that order to be good?
Speaker 4: Did you obviously you grew up a Bengals fan?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah a little bit. Really, I like the Bengals a lot, but I was more of a Minnesota fan.
Speaker 4: Not the.
Speaker 9: Minnesota fan playing Minnesota fan and the Cowboys fan like that's why I really those are really good teams, the Bengals.
Speaker 4: You had us and then you lost us. Yeah, I had to.
Speaker 8: Tell the truth.
Speaker 9: But Cowboys in the in the Minnesota Vikons and my really teams. But the Bengals that probably was like my family's team. They really loved the Bengals just because they were from Cincinnati and they always want to they like they still call me now and asked me, did you watch the being game last night?
Speaker 8: Like they did a good job.
Speaker 4: Like, okayn't here, But you can be honest with yeah and speak for your family on this one. Those the Bengals jerseys are hideous, especially the helmet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they even the white helmets are.
Speaker 4: Oh I do like the white ones better.
Speaker 8: I do like so a little bit better.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but yeah that's a hideous.
Speaker 8: That's my brother's team. I don't like the Bengals. Oh really, Yeah, I can't wait to go down there.
Speaker 9: The December sixteen, seventeen. December sixteen's my birthday, So just to play them right after that one.
Speaker 7: Oh be beautiful, Oh Jess, rub it into your brother's face all the way around that love that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: As a rookie, a lot of times we've heard the stories where you're like in charge of like decorating the locker room from the holidays and that kind of stuff, and then sometimes you got to dress up in costumes of the Minnesota Twins. They had to dress up as There's one guy as you know, nine one one, Lieutenant Dangle, which is beautiful.
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen that? Buddy? The Elf? Doctor Evil? And Mini Me? Is there anything that you've had to do so far or that you know is coming up as as a rookie, Not really much that I had to do.
Speaker 9: I had to buy some snacks for the room, and then they told me that I got to decorate the linebacker room for Halloween and then Christmas. Not really much I had to do, just buy some snacks right now, right. They don't get me into something, though.
Speaker 4: How are you going to plan for the Halloween decorations? You better get him soon. They've been on sale for the last three months.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 9: I've been going to the store. I try to get stuff my house. So i'memberly that's my favorite. How it is Halloween it is, Yeah, it's gonna be nice. They don't have a good one. I don't know about Christmas though. Christmas, yeah, but Halloween is my favorite holiday.
Speaker 7: So Halloween then and uh, then obviously you have some memories of costumes that you went as when you were a kid.
Speaker 4: Is there one that really stands out that you're like, damn, I hope they have an adult size one of those.
Speaker 8: When I was like two, I was a draft that. Yeah, my mom addressed me a draft. That was my favorite one.
Speaker 4: But but you have like the big long neck.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then my favorite besides when I was younger, my favorite one was probably uh, dark Vader. I like Dark Vader. Oh yeah, yeah, Dark Vader's my man.
Speaker 4: I had this little Star Wars's.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: I had to explain that because everyone else saw the hand gestures you're.
Speaker 8: Doing over there, like no, no, no, that's a light favor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't packed.
Speaker 7: Junior is our guest year Biking's Country with Miller, like the official beer sponsor of the Minnesota Vikings. When you get to Minnesota, is there somebody that is really like a teammate.
Speaker 4: That has mentored you?
Speaker 7: You know, they have that typical saying of put you under his wing or anything like that. Is there somebody that that you go to when you're looking for advice?
Speaker 9: I say, Jordan Hicks, say he got here last year and he been in the league for what I think it's his tenth year going into I think he really took me under his wing, just being that linebacker and they really have big hopes for me, the coaches and.
Speaker 8: Him as as a player and stuff. But he really took me under his wing.
Speaker 9: And we are here now today and we're both starting and we'll see where it ended up at the end of the season.
Speaker 7: So aside from Jordan, is there are there other players that you really gravitated to.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's not just the linebacking room.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, it really goes into us that that you have your rookie class that you're going into and that's where like you really like build your brothership at first, and then it starts to expand. So right now it's like really like most of all the rookies that I actually got to stay like that didn't get cut or anything. But I think, really that's my group right there. Yeah, be with the rookies. Yeah, should know. No, you were talking to me off year here and you're a big gamer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I like the three video game.
Speaker 7: I was gonna ask, so, my son's twenty one and I know that you're twenty two, And then I was gonna ask you, do you even have a TV?
Speaker 4: Because my kids never actually use the TV. They're just constantly on the like they're.
Speaker 8: Fighting or Yeah. No, we are on our phones all the time. But I got two TV's, but honestly, I never turned them on. Really, they have not been on.
Speaker 9: I got a little monitor set for it my game and stuff, so I really upstairs playing the game most of the time, or just throw them to Instagram or Twitter at.
Speaker 4: The full headset.
Speaker 9: Uh, they got the headset, the microphone. I got the whole thing to pop up in it. I got stop doing the hand, yes.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I got all of it.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 7: So do you play with other teammates or are you playing guys? So do you play up with or played in college and stuff?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: Really most of the I grew up with people with my cousins.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: I got two teammates that I played with when I was at Miami. While those became like my real close college brothers, I played with them, and then I started playing with Brian Murphy just recently, who plays the game a lot.
Speaker 8: And uh, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 4: Very good. What's the favorite game of choice?
Speaker 8: Call of duty?
Speaker 4: Call of Duty? Did you already say that? And I just wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, well he was talking.
Speaker 4: I was watching Nichester. Oh my goodness, what a puppet show is putting on here at Vikings Country. We got more coming up on the way.
Speaker 7: In fact, we got our five typically stupid Vikings Country questions. You're gonna like that, that's gonna a lot of fun down. Yeah, we will actually talk about the Panthers game coming up.
Speaker 4: Just a little bit of a preview right here.
Speaker 7: Vikings Country with Miller Lite, a bunch of great Minnesota Vikings fans, you're catching it right here.
Speaker 6: Rochesters and supporters alike are lined up outside the United States Supreme Court this afternoon as a decision in the most hotly debated case in years is set to be delivered.
Speaker 1: From iHeart podcast, Supreme The Battle for Row tells the story of the unlikely champions behind the landmark case Roe v.
Speaker 8: Wade.
Speaker 2: Sir, I graduated the top quarter of my class.
Speaker 4: We just don't have a spot for you.
Speaker 1: Starring Maya Hawk as twenty six year old lead attorney Sarah Weddington for.
Speaker 2: Challenging the Texas abortion laws and Federal Court.
Speaker 1: And Academy Award nominee William H. Macy as Supreme Court Justice Harry.
Speaker 3: Blackman, my chief qualification being I'm uncontroversial.
Speaker 4: You know how we both ended up on the Supreme Court. Politics, damn right.
Speaker 3: This may be the longest of shots, but it's also the last chance for a lot of women. Time is not the most important factor getting it right in.
Speaker 4: Sim To get you to stand for something, man, not go to it.
Speaker 1: Listen to Supreme The Battle for Rah on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: The fan, It's time for Vikings Country brought to you by Miller Lyte. Now here's your host of Vikings Country from KFAN and the Vikings Radio Network.
Speaker 6: Muss Offset I right behind Herbert Van Jonas conation at all today, and they're going to vote for it, and they want acasion. They did not get it on the run of Josh Kelly up the middle. The Vikings have turned over the Chargers on Downs with a twenty eight to twenty four lead. Brandon Scaley, her earhead coach for the La Chargers, just did his football best friend Kevin O'Connell powind by making.
Speaker 8: That decision.
Speaker 5: So much.
Speaker 4: The clock man Yuks keep intercepted about the Chargers. Any Minnesota Vikings are before and dunt.
Speaker 7: Might be the coolest guy on the planet Lenny Kravitz and it ain't over till it's over here. Vikings Country, welcome once again and welcome back as we're here Inverigralve Heights and Jerseys with Miller Light, the official beer sponsor of the Minnesota Vikings, and my special guest, Ivan Pace Junior.
Speaker 4: You said that's your favorite song.
Speaker 8: I don't know a lot of My favorite song is one of the ghost songs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what kind of music do you actually listen to her?
Speaker 7: Are you just all over the board because you and I were talking about Kane Brown, Yeah and that out there.
Speaker 9: I kind of listened to a lot of today's country, came around more while Yeah, yep, yeah, stuff like that.
Speaker 4: And then are you saying that it's just because you think I'm gon tickets?
Speaker 7: So they're both coming into town, so we go, Yeah, this sweet and at us Bank Stadium, Morgan, they just announce selling their hometown.
Speaker 4: All right. Oh and three, we got to talk about just a little bit because we've been so close. It's been so close, all the games close blitzes have been so close. Evans almost has that pick a bout office head. Somehow Palmer gets the text.
Speaker 7: Just so close the offense is getting into situations that are so close. Do you guys feel that, I mean that it's there, It just hasn't happened.
Speaker 9: It is there as a team, we all feeling it, the energy that's there, and and just we we know we're going out there and doing our best that we can.
Speaker 8: Uh, some things just end up happening and it's just how it happens. But that's football.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So and uh do you like Brian Flores defense where you were at fifty percent blitzing, this last game is like eighty five almost.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I like his defense a lot.
Speaker 9: His defense really fit me because when I was at Cincinnati, this is exactly like what I was doing at Cincinnati. I was blitzing a lot, really wasn't in coverage that much, but him really sending me on BLITZERZ and him trusted me to go.
Speaker 8: Get after the qv That's just my dob, Like, I don't have a problem with it. I like, I like Tigers like things.
Speaker 7: All right, here we go our five typically stupid Vikings country questions.
Speaker 4: Are you ready? All right?
Speaker 7: Here we go Taylor Swift, she took Travis Kelsey up on then everyone's talking about it, goes to the game, goes to arrow ahead.
Speaker 4: He's cursed a.
Speaker 7: Touchdown because even Mahomes said.
Speaker 4: He felt pressure because she was in the house and sitting next.
Speaker 7: To Travis's mom, Donna, right next to her, right next to her box.
Speaker 4: Do you have a celebrity crush?
Speaker 8: Do I have a celebrity crush?
Speaker 7: I mean Bill Belichick himself actually in an interview, he said about Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift and I quote Travis had a lot of great catches, she'd be his biggest catch.
Speaker 3: Eff for.
Speaker 8: That's funny. That is funny. But you can't think of a I can't think of one'll give you.
Speaker 4: When you're growing up, you're just always like I don't know somebody. Okay, all right, here we go. Next one for you.
Speaker 7: A woman who posts about hygiene and advice says that we're washing our arm pits wrong, that you're supposed to spend thirty seconds per pitt.
Speaker 4: Are you doing it correctly or incorrectly?
Speaker 8: I think I'm going incorrectly.
Speaker 4: Then you got spending quality time in there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't think on Washington that much. Thirty seconds a long time.
Speaker 4: All right? First ball memory for you? This is number three. First football memory. Was it like instant love for you in the game?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Actually no. My first football memory is my mom taking me out there. And I started young.
Speaker 9: I started probably when I was like four or five, and I was screaming and crying because I didn't want to go out there. I was holding on to the fence because they were trying to take me out there to go practice.
Speaker 8: And I'm like, no, I don't want to, Like this is not for me. My favorite sport is wrestling.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I was a.
Speaker 9: Big wrestler, so that's my favorite sport. But then football just took over, like just like that, that became my sport.
Speaker 7: Like just well that wrestling leverage really comes into play for what you do there exactly.
Speaker 4: And with that, how about the first hit in the NFL?
Speaker 7: The first time that you just got you got hit, you hit somebody else.
Speaker 4: Did you think, Okay, now this is for real like s it's a little different than college.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think my first hit was probably on a lineman, like I didn't know, Like, I mean, you obviously go against big linemen in college and stuff.
Speaker 8: But like the NFL, they're like solid, there's no like fat on them.
Speaker 9: They're like real solid, like the big lineman like jeez like, but I think that was my kind of first hit.
Speaker 8: But like the first tackle, I felt pretty good. I felt like I was ready to be out there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, very cool.
Speaker 7: And then the last one your time in Minnesota. I know you're busy rookie here and everything like that, but have you done anything like real Minnesota, I mean where you're like, wow, okay, this.
Speaker 4: Is what they do here.
Speaker 9: No, I haven't done anything really mean ice fishing this year. We went fishing one time, but that was like you when it was hot outside. But they asked me, they said, uh, coach Pico said that he was gonna take us ice fishing and and they said, it's a lot of uh winter stuff here.
Speaker 4: So yeah, snowmobiling, it's on your contract.
Speaker 8: You know you might they'll be careful there. But they said we're gonna do a lot of things.
Speaker 9: They said, we got like this rookie, this rookie to this thing that like they take us and do things like Minnesota ish.
Speaker 8: Oh cool, we don't figure it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you wild them all America.
Speaker 8: Yeah I went there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, of course you have to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look at a couple of times Cincinnati Cincinnati chili isn't good.
Speaker 4: Do you like it at all?
Speaker 8: Because yes, Skyland Chili, Yeah I think it's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's Skyline Chili.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Skyland Chill. They got gold Star chili too, but like that's like the real competition right there.
Speaker 9: But I would rather go with Skyland Chili. And it got like a little bit of cinnamon in it. Yeah, so it's like brown sugar cinnamon.
Speaker 4: I just wonder if you can't be from Cincinnati year old. You're supposed to really like it. Yeah, I like it a lot like being from Minnesota. I don't like HoTT Dish and gulash so, but everybody else does.
Speaker 2: I know you do?
Speaker 4: You love your Tater Todd of hot Dish. Good for you all.
Speaker 7: I haven't paced your ladies and gentlemen hanging out with us here Kings Country.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up. All the way here on KF hand.
Speaker 7: But also tomorrow Friday football Feast.
Speaker 4: Where is the football feast? Tomorrow? It's with COR's life And oh that's right, that's Friday.
Speaker 6: High.
Speaker 4: Lost track? I lost track? Oh you know, I get your own Joe right, Hi to thank you so much? Man, have me on here. We got more coming up. This is k FA and No.
Speaker 1: From iHeart Podcast Supreme. The Battle for Row tells the story of the unlikely champions behind the landmark case Roe v. Wade, starring Maya Hawk as twenty six year old lead attorney Sarah Weddington.
Speaker 2: We're challenging the Texas abortion laws in federal court.
Speaker 1: And Academy Award nominee William H. Macy as Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackman.
Speaker 3: Time is not the most important factor getting it
Speaker 1: Right is Listen to the podcast Supreme the Battle for Row on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.