Speaker 1: Hello, hello, hello, hello. Okay, well I have an update.
Speaker 2: Oh an update.
Speaker 1: Yes, the fans have come out and they have opinions about Jana Sweeten and Janice Sweeten's notes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they really?
Speaker 1: Who read some of Janis's notes about our podcast?
Speaker 2: Got it? So basically, our fans are starting a beef with my mom? Is that what's happening?
Speaker 1: I just needed no, no, no, no, I'm starting to beef quite the opposite, my friend. Let me have a few comments about the legendary Janis.
Speaker 2: Basically she needs to be a permanent host. Okay, okay, so okay.
Speaker 1: Chelsea at Chelsea Leah eighty seven says, okay, so when are we getting a Janis Sweeten podcast? Just giving notes on the HRT podcast?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, hilarious.
Speaker 1: And then Stacy Pierce Florida says, if Jana Sweeton had her own spinoff podcast where she discusses every episode of How Rude, I would definitely listen.
Speaker 2: To that too. Oh my god, I'm gonna have to let people. My mom will be thrilled that people that people want to listen to her notes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh, a whole podcast of just Janice's notes.
Speaker 2: I'll be like guess what, Mom, you have a whole audience now to give your notes too. Do you let them know?
Speaker 1: I love this. She's her own fan club. I mean she's legendary.
Speaker 2: I mean she's she's kind of legendary at this point. She is Janie sweeton Is.
Speaker 1: I just love your mom. I love your mom.
Speaker 2: I do too. I love my mom, and you know what, I love I love her more the older I get, and like, the better relate, you know what I mean, the better relationship that you get with your mom is you're like, oh wait, I can I just can be me and she can be her and we get you know, it's just great. Yeah, she's hilarious, so great.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so thank you, Janis.
Speaker 2: By the time you get to this episode, your fan club will have a president and a vice president. Right. But yeah, well, by the time she gets to this episode, she's gonna have her own podcast and just be killing our numbers. I mean, no one's anymore. They're just gonna listen to Jana Sweeten's notes. I Hurt Radio will be reaching out to her, yes, exactly, this episode airs, I'm gonna you know what, I'll produce this. I I'll take a cut you know Jana sweet love it. There's demand for Jana Sweeten podcasts.
Speaker 1: Charlie. Sorry, I'm I'm dog sitting for Charlie.
Speaker 2: What I'm like, I don't know. I've known you thirty some odd years and there's never been a Charlie and your family. What happened?
Speaker 1: No, I'm dog sitting Charlie who is my ex husband's dog because they're on vacation. So Charlie's here.
Speaker 2: And he's you know, well, what kind of dog is Charlie.
Speaker 1: He's a little cocker and he's so I wish I could get him to come over here, but he's a fanel.
Speaker 2: Can you say the whole thing, because when you say he's a little cocker, I'm I'm sorry. Come on, I need the whole cocker spaniel. Thank you. He's that we don't need. It's not a personal indictment on him, you know what I mean. We don't need to discuss that.
Speaker 1: It's not a judgment.
Speaker 2: No, he's not a judgment. He's a little cocker spaniel.
Speaker 1: He's a little cocker spaniel. Okay, he's I don't know what he's barking at right now, Charlie. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: He's barking at the fact that you call him a little cocker. He's like, I have some thoughts about this. That's I don't call meet him.
Speaker 1: I've upset him. So apology.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the good thing. I didn't hear Charlie. I just heard you yelling at Charley. So yeah, it was it was a sudden outburst that I wasn't expecting. So I think Charlie's fine. No one's hearing him.
Speaker 1: Hopefully whatever squirrel or whatever he's barking at goes away soon because I can't see. I can't see what he's barking at. So okay, well, we have part of our studio audience, right, yeah, exactly, he's giving us.
Speaker 2: He's giving us. Not well, he's gonna he and my mom are gonna have a podcast soon Janice Sweeten and the Little Copper, that's what. So it's gonna be Oh boy, yep, my mom's in for it tonight. I'm just saying she's gonna she does not know what she's in for at this show that she's coming to tonight. We're only four minutes into this podcast today.
Speaker 1: It's already off the.
Speaker 2: Rail, off gone. There aren't even rails it's it's we're just free flowing. Yeah, you're the one that's insulting your ex husband's day, you know, poor guy.
Speaker 1: All right, now, I'm warm. I gotta get my money.
Speaker 2: I did. I did? I laugh you into a hot flash. You laughed me right into a hot flush, A little flush.
Speaker 1: Anyways, how are you, Jodie Sweeten?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm fine. I don't have any dogs here' My dog's great. Your dog? How's Holly?
Speaker 1: Holly's doing good. She's putting up with with She's putting up with a little cocker just fine, got it?
Speaker 2: It got along? Well? Okay, Well, I mean she's probably is she can she even see? Yeah, I was gonna say, she's like she didn't even care that he's barking, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And barking, So she's totally not even triggered by him at all. So yeah, No, she's doing She's doing great. She's she's seventeen. She has a little ivy pole that I carry around because I give her a little ivy fluids subcutaneous fluids every other day to her kidney disease.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: The first few times were difficult because sometimes I stick. Sometimes you have to like tint the skin. Oh god, sometimes that poke it all the way through this fluid.
Speaker 2: I'm literally going to puke on my microphone. I can't, I am.
Speaker 1: Are you afraid of needles?
Speaker 2: Yo? Oh you are?
Speaker 1: Wow that was a visceral. Okay, Oh I apologize. I didn't know you had the needles.
Speaker 2: Blood draw I used to not even be able to say ivy without completely like burst breaking out in a sweat and freaking out.
Speaker 1: Yeah really I didn't. It's not about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fine. With tattoos, it's just once you're once you go trying to draw blood for me, I freak out. So okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Interesting, that's right, Because tattoos you're just like, yeah, what, I just put a full COI, you know, a life size COI on my side.
Speaker 2: But it's well, it's because they always have trouble. I have tiny little baby veins that they have to bring pediatric nurses into. Fine, so it's just it's a whole thing. It's yeah, so I uh, it's not I don't enjoy it. So yeah, that's why I could never ever I'd be like, ah, we have to have an in home nurse coming into Oh.
Speaker 1: Do see, I got I got thick veins I got. I'm like, well.
Speaker 2: That we're talking about. Uh no, Jesus, we should put it not safe for work warning on this on this episode for sure, Like, hey, guess what the first nine minutes of this podcast, watch out, it's going wild. If you have a fear of needles or of of little cockers, don't. Yeah, just whoo, all right, let's let's we'll do the episode before.
Speaker 1: Please, let's do the recap.
Speaker 2: Let's get back to the PG show that we're recapping here, yes quick, all right, ready, welcome back, Yes, here we go, Welcome back to how Rude tan Rito's.
Speaker 1: I'm Andrea Barber.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry I'm joking. Before I was gonna no, I was gonna say, and I'm Jody little Cocker sweetened. But I didn't, and then I did, And now that was I ruined my own joke because I couldn't. I laughed in my head. So anyway, you broke yourself.
Speaker 1: You broke yourself.
Speaker 2: Story of my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, Today we are discussing season three, episode four, titled Nerd for a Day. It originally aired on October thirteenth, nineteen eighty nine, and it goes a little something like this. When Jesse learns that Stephanie has been joining her fellow classmates in making fun of another child, he encourages steph to apologize and change her behavior very much. This is such a good one.
Speaker 2: It's such a great episode.
Speaker 1: Classic episode. I loved it. It was directed by Billy fausta like coffee, Coffee Coffee, and written by the lovely Lenny Rips. I love him so much. And we have a gaggle of guest stars this week. Indeed, we have Max Alexander as Doctor Rubin Weineger, the hug Therapist. He was a stand up comedian who worked on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Hollywood Squares. And then we have the legendary wit Hertford as Walter duck Face. Oh yes, legendary character. Yeah, legendary actor. He was known in nineteen eighty nine as whitby Hertford and he's also known as Jacob in Nightmare on Elm Street, the Dream Child. That's, oh man, what a terrifying role. He's also an accomplished voice actor, director, producer, writer, and we will be speaking to him on the pod this week, ladies and gentlemen, so stay tuned. You don't want to miss this conversation.
Speaker 2: Such a great interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh it was so good, so good. And then we have Nathan Nishiguchi returning as Harry and if we could have a moment of silence, this is his final appearance on Full House.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I have thoughts on his behavior in this episode, so I can't say that I'm then terridly disappointed.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you know, overall, the character, the character is Harry. But I started off so strong. He started off so I was loving and wonderful, he devoted and then and then yeah, and then it goes all downhill. But yes, but we've we've talked to Nathan in real life. He's doing wonderfully. He has a beautiful family, beautiful kids, and they are a very private family. So you won't be joining us on podcast. But we wish him the best. We did him.
Speaker 2: We love Harry and oh my gosh, just what a great what a great guy, match a great character.
Speaker 1: Ye holy mattress money. And moving on with the next guest star, we have Malachi Pearson as Brian Kagan. This is his first of two appearances on Full House. He's also in later season three, the episode called Misadventures and babysitting. He's the kid that gets his head stuck in the banister.
Speaker 2: That's right. I was like, yes, that's right, Yes, yes, So I'm happy that he's going to be back.
Speaker 1: He also appeared on Family Matters, Valerie, Family Ties, and Highway to Heaven, and he was the voice He voiced the voice of Casper in the nineteen ninety six video game of the same name. Yeah, lots of voice actors on the show this week. And moving right along, we have Jenny Drugan as Lori. She did twenty six episodes of Land of the Lost.
Speaker 2: Loved that show.
Speaker 1: It's here for Slay Stacks, babe.
Speaker 2: I still make comments about Stacks and people are like what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, it's least that's me every morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like sun Prices.
Speaker 1: And then we have Paul right the third as band member of Jesse and the Rippers. I don't think they didn't give him a name. That's sad. He's just band member. But he's very talented.
Speaker 2: About the other band members, he's the only one that.
Speaker 1: He's the only one that he didn't even get a name. He's the only one that got a credit that's interested as band member. But he's a talented musician. He composed the theme song to the show Martin in nineteen ninety five. And last, but certainly not least, we have Chuck Mahoney as Steven, which is uncredited. Who's Stephen?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Is that one of the other? No?
Speaker 2: No, what is uncredited? I don't know. I don't remember Stephen in the episode Stephen get cut. Maybe he got cut, maybe got cut.
Speaker 1: And then they just were like, well we were stuffed. Well okay, yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Maybe Stephen was the name of one of the mullets.
Speaker 1: That must have been it, because.
Speaker 2: They certainly deserve their own credit. We'll get there. If you thought season one was the epicenter of mullets, let me tell you guys. Oh oh, it's unreal.
Speaker 1: The mullets are strong in this episode. Mullet game is strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So those are all of the guest stars this week. Holy cow. We start with our teaser in the living room. Michelle runs in with her toy car and tells Joey that the car is broken. Joey walks over and checks the car by shaking Michelle. This shaking causes her to say, h which prompts Joey to report that it is broken all right. He pretends to fix up the car by giving Michelle some oil and tightening some screws. He shakes her again and she says uh, before finishing off with a loud room to indicate that the car is working again. She starts to drive off, and Joey stops her, saying she forgot to pay her bill. Michelle says sorry and kisses Joey. He responds, here's your change, before kissing her right back and she speeds off. This was good teaser.
Speaker 2: This was cute and such a great Another great example of Dave doing all of his fun voice stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's like the Mary Poppins bag of races, Like there's always more, just right.
Speaker 2: And I remember the girls used to love when he would do those noises the spaceship all that stuff. They thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: What kid didn't like it? I mean he was just so such a hit with the kids. Uh. Okay, So we opened the regular show with Jesse and Joey and Michelle in Joey's room, along with a random assortment of rippers and mullets, none of which are the rat tail ripper, Like, where is he?
Speaker 2: I mean it, I don't know. To be honest, I was like, is one of them the rat tail ripper that just now has more hair. It's been a couple of years, they've grown it out a little bit. I couldn't tell. To be fair, I didn't recognize any of these helpers. I didn't recognize any of them. But this was, I mean, this hair was it was.
Speaker 1: It was like a mullet convention.
Speaker 2: I don't even there's not any words. It was standing up a good six inches. Yeah, these mullets had their own heartbeats, like they were. I was large and in charge, you know. At first I thought, is that the noodo? But but it wasn't. But they also had that hair and a constantly rotating cast of members door members, much like the rippers. But yeah, I was shocked, truly at the hair on these guys because it rivaled anything we saw in season one. And I thought we were I thought we had moved out of the hair band era at that point. You know, John was in his faux turtlenecks and suspenders, living his best rat back live. Yes, And I thought, you know, maybe in rattail mullet Ripper is nowhere to be found, but he's been replaced by gigantic. Uh. I was gonna say wig rippers, but that sounds that sounded wig rippers. Yeah, no rippers. Oh, they're rippers with I don't know what they're just they're like the Dolly Parton rippers.
Speaker 1: They got big hair, they're they're just.
Speaker 2: That's that there's a lot of money to look cheap, as she says.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hair is very distracting in this in this scene.
Speaker 2: But right, yeah, when he tells him to take it from the top, I was like, the top of what their hair? Okay, And that is to say nothing of the song that we were about to get into.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh you just wait, just wait. So Jesse counts one, two, and Michelle chimes in buckle my shoe. He runs over to her, telling her to do it as they practiced, and Michelle enthusiastically responds, got it, dude. Jesse counts his bandon and they begin to sing the Pounds Away Diet Center jingle, which is problematic in so many ways.
Speaker 2: But you guys, I would just like it to be known that that that we do not endorse any of this. This was late eighties early nineties, diet culture was obviously out of control and this song is ridiculous. But but here we are it was, it was sung, it was sung by rippers with gigantic hair, and uh and and here we are?
Speaker 1: So how is this even in the even in the late eighties? Was this okay? This kind of song was? Okay?
Speaker 2: I don't remember it, Yeah, okay, A long way in what we go? I don't think we should say that. Yeah, I was. I was shocked.
Speaker 1: Normally, I'm just like, oh yeah, that was the eighties right right now, this tu me.
Speaker 2: The song starts off with you won't be Fat no More? And I was like, wow, that's aggressive and to the point.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then they have Michelle singing bye bye fat like every other lyric it's it's oh yeah. And the other problematic thing is it's basically they've ripped off the Beach Boys fun fun fun like this isn't an original tune. There's copyright involved. Guys, like you can't you can't pass this off as a as a diet center jingle when the Beach Boys kind of have some reference to this, you know, yeah, I just there was a lot of thoughts, a lot of there's a lot of thoughts. So thankfully the song ends, and with Jesse not not soon enough, but thankfully it ends. Jesse says goodbye to his bandmates and shouts work on your hair as they exit.
Speaker 2: I don't think they could more if they tried.
Speaker 1: It was helmet hair. It wasn't moving.
Speaker 2: I mean that hair has been worked on.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was pretty pretty impenetrable with all the aquanett.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was in the film. So Jesse turns to Joey and asks, do you think that that song will motivate people to go on a diet? And Joey admits, well, it worked for me. Let's go eat some pizza. DJ walks in and tells them about her English homework, which involves her observing a family member for one day and writing a report on what they do. She's going to pick someone who's interested in nothing but fun and toys. Jesse jokes that she must be referring to Joey, and DJ laughs No, Michelle.
Speaker 2: Probly could have been either one.
Speaker 1: Definitely, I you know it was fifty to fifty right, there could have been either one. DJ walks up to Michelle and asks if she can follow her around for the day. Michelle states, Okay, come with me my room now. DJ makes a note to her uncle's observation number one subject has an attitude, and she follows Michelle out of the room. Stephanie runs in, announcing she's finally home. She explains that she was kept after school and had to keep her head down on her desk and not say a word for fifteen minutes, which is a new record. Then she says see you boys and runs out of the room. Jesse and Joey run after her to get more details.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was one of those episodes they were just mining from real life experiences of me getting in trouble for talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I loved it, and you you're just peak Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I love your little plaid skirt. Oh yeah, with your suspenders like yeather hair is like your hair is very well tamed. It's not like the frizzy. It's a little better, but it's better, much better. It's much more tamed. I'm here for this look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a yeah, very very peak steph like little side ponytail sort of moment. It's adorable and she's also smart. She's like, I'm gonna drop this little nugget of I had to be kept after school and then not bye see later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you're like you're phrasing it like oh this was that's a new record, Like you've done something great and then you run away. It's it's brilliant. People should kids should take notes. So the guys follow Steph into the kitchen and Jesse asks her why she was kept after school. Steph tells them that some kids were calling Walter Berman a duck face. Jesse asks if she was a part of this, and she says it wasn't just her, it was the whole class.
Speaker 2: The standard response for kids, I know that makes it many right, You're like great, so it was all of you be ganging up on someone even better.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make it any better, so Jesse scolds her, saying that's no excuse. Stuff assures him that if he saw Walter he would call him duck face too. She tells them that he's always making these duck lips, and she proceeds to mimic him. Joey laughs, h kids sounds like a quack up, and Steph demonstrates how the class was making fun of Walter by walking around the room quacking like a duck. Joey and Jesse look at her with blank expressions, and she shrugs, well, you had to be there. Jesse tells Steph that when he was younger, everybody used to tease him by calling him Zorba the geek instead of Zorba the Greek. What's funny? Ever a nerd?
Speaker 2: Though? I don't feel like Jesse was ever a nerd. I don't know. That's just mine. I can see it. Wow, I feel like we saw him as a little kid in that one flashback and he was chasing girls trying to get kisses, and then they were chasing after him. I don't know. Maybe maybe he went through an awkward face. He probably went through an awkward face. Yeah, he said. He sees when he turned thirteen his body flipped out. So we haven't thirteen year old Jesse was awkward.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what we need. That's what we need to see, is thirteen year old Jesse because I'm here for that, like for the acne ridden you know, whatever, whatever puberty things are going on.
Speaker 2: At the moment.
Speaker 1: That's that's what That's a missed opportunity right there. Jesse admits that his body flipped out at thirteen. His nose outgrew his face, his ears outgrew his nose, and he was your basic mister potato head. So Joey pats him on the back and says, so before you were a stood, you were a spud. Jesse points to the door, motioning for Joey to leave. You know, Joey's not really helping. He's just he's just like throwing out dad jokes you left and right. He's like, just go away, Joey. So Jesse says, the point he's trying to make is that the kids who bullied him hurt his feelings. So it would be nice of Steph to call Walter and apologize. Steph asks me called duckface. Jesse nods in response, I love this bit. You You are looking right at the camera during this line. Did you notice you were like looking right at the camera video, look at video village, and then you look at the camera. Oh, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: The fact that I didn't do that more was astounding, with my add constantly being like, what's that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 2: Now I'll have to go back and look at that because I didn't notice that.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, it was it's funny. I mean it's like it's not super noticeable. I just noticed it because I know you, and it's it's fun I look for your mistakes because that's what I love do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, just then Danny walks through the door. Stuff runs up to him, and she says she's so happy to see him. She proceeds to tell her dad, just because I teased duck Face at school, Uncle Jesse's making me call him. Danny reminds her that she knows it's wrong to hurt someone else's feelings. He thinks Jesse is handling this situation perfectly. Stuff obliges, saying she'll call Walter and apologize, then she'll invite him over for some soup and quackers. She erupts into this.
Speaker 2: Laughter ugh slightly mini terrifying it was.
Speaker 1: I mean, you committed. You committed to his laugh bit, and it worked. It worked for me. Jesse and Danny both give her a look, and Steff admits she had to get that out of her system. She runs upstairs and Jesse follows behind, telling Danny he's going to go track down duck Face Walter's phone number.
Speaker 2: I totally get it. Sometimes you just have to get the joke out of your system. I fully understand, and then you feel better, and then you can. Then you feel better and you're like, oh, okay, now it's out. I can I'll be better now.
Speaker 1: So Joey enters and greets Danny. Danny tells him that Becky is out of town tomorrow, so he needs someone to co host his show. He asks for some ideas, and Joey offers himself to fill in.
Speaker 2: He sorry, but this show does the most last minute stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's also talk show.
Speaker 2: And you don't have a co host for tomorrow, Like no one thought about this. Did Becky just leave today? Like I was like wait. And it's also casual, like there's no like negotiations, there's no like producers around. Yeah, there's no like, oh my god, what are we gonna do? I have a show in twelve hours and I don't have a co host. It's like, yeah, hey, you know, I got any ideas of someone that might be available tomorrow morning. Yeah, He's just like, hey.
Speaker 1: I got I got my friend that lives with me. Why did I have him?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 2: The nepotism in this family talk, it's just a family of nepo babies, all of them.
Speaker 1: It is so Joey's excited he can plug his laugh machine appearance on the show, and he says this is great. He's kissing up to Danny, helping him take off his jacket, pulls out his chair for him. Danny admits he was kind of leaning towards that tall, pretty blonde who does the evening news, and Joey exclaims, oh, he's awful. Joey pulls out another chair for Danny to use as a foot rest, and he tries to convince Danny that he needs someone who knows him as well as he knows himself, like someone who lives in his house. He begins to massage Danny's shoulders and Danny asks, do you think Jesse could do it. Joey starts to aggressively miss the missage massage Danny's shoulders after hearing that, and Danny laughs, easy, easy, I talk to everybody. I set it up. You got the job. Joey rejoices at this news. He tells Danny he should have kept him going before he pulls the footrest away. Joey holds up his fingers, admitting, you were this close to get in your car.
Speaker 2: Wax, Oh, I should have held out a little longer. So wait, he already knew. He already knew that he was going to ask joe to co host.
Speaker 1: But Joe, yes, Danny knew, but Joey didn't know, and Danny was.
Speaker 2: Just making fun bringing them along, Okay, stringing them along. Yep, you got it.
Speaker 1: This did feel like a weird shoehorned storyline, like I'm like, okay, Laurie wasn't available, and they're like, what are we gonna do with Danny and.
Speaker 2: Joey stay up San Francisco together.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It was a little little shoehorned in, but yeah, okay, we are in Steph and DJ's room. Michelle walks into the room. DJ follows with a notepad. Michelle greets all of Steph's stuffed animals with a handshake and a hello, and then a very weirdly looped high added on at the end. Right.
Speaker 2: My first thought was, as Stephanie, I was like, why is Michelle in my room? Touching my things?
Speaker 1: You felt some possessive sibling thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I was like, why is Michelle touching steph stuff? Why is she touching her animals? They're obviously set up there for a reason.
Speaker 1: But right, yeah, your little sisters just you know, messing with your stuff. Don't mess with mister bear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So DJ tells Michelle to slow down. She picks her up and places her on her bed. She tells Michelle that observing her was supposed to be easy, but so far, she's played with all of her animals and flushed every toilet in the house.
Speaker 2: There's only like two, I know that, that right, very long? That doesn't take long.
Speaker 1: There's the one upstairs next to the.
Speaker 2: Girls room, right, and joe Danny's bathroom.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Danny has one, and Joey has one, and one downstairs. Were assuming, and then Joey has one. Okay, there's four okay, okay on each level, well two on the top level. Okay. Still not enough for the amount of people that are living in that house, right, So DJ offers naptime next.
Speaker 1: Michelle agrees, okay, nap time. She closes her eyes for one second and then her eyes pop back open. Nap over.
Speaker 2: I used to hate when my kids would do that. Right, why are they sing naptime? You're like, oh, yes, great, and then they're like, just kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, kids, just wait. You know, when you're our age, you will live for naps.
Speaker 2: You'll appreciate naps.
Speaker 1: So Michelle hops out of bed and runs out the door through Jesse's legs. DJ follows her out of the room as Jesse and Steph walk in, ready to call Walter on the red lips phone.
Speaker 2: Classic right, calling duck lips on the lips phone.
Speaker 1: It's great, It's so appropriate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Steph tries to get out of the call by saying in a very raspy tone, I can't talk. I lost my voice. Jesse counters this by saying they'll just have to go over to Walter's house and apologize in person. Steph clearly remarks, my voice is back. It's empirical. Jesse dials Walter's number and tells Steph they'll all feel good after doing this. Jesse hands her the phone and Steph greets Walter, following up with I'm really sorry. Well, nice talking to you. She attempts to hang up, but Jesse stops her. He tells her to mention what she's sorry for. She says she's sorry for quacking at him, then attempts to hang up again. Jesse stops her again and saying, and Steph continues her apology and called you duckface and through little pieces of bread at you. Step Yeah, come on, you're so matter of fact about it though, you're like, okay, I'm apologizing for this.
Speaker 2: This well, yeah, that's the fun, Steph. That's just me.
Speaker 1: And Jesse's shocked. He's like, you threw right at this kid.
Speaker 2: It's so mean. Kids are out, they're just so cool.
Speaker 1: Kids are mean, and this feels a little out of character for Steph. But I think I think because the whole school was doing it, the whole class.
Speaker 2: The thing, right, is that that's just the sort of the thing is that you're like, and I've seen my kids do it where they've jumped in and you're like, this isn't I know that, this isn't like who you are though you just kind of jumped in because everyone else was saying something. So yeah, it's a very very kid thing to do, which was why this was such a great episode.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, So Jesse forces Steph to tell Walter he's a very nice boy, and Steph does. Jesse asks her there's anything she'd like to say, So Steph asks Walter if he would like to say hi to her uncle Jesse and hands the phone to him. She walks out of the room while Jesse is stuck on the phone with Walter Hey back yep so. Next in the living room, Danny runs down the stairs yelling for Joey because they're gonna be late. Joey hurries in, asking what the big rush is. Danny explains that he always leaves the house.
Speaker 2: At exactly seven forty eight, but now, thanks to Joey, he's two minutes late. Joey points at a clock on the wall and says that they are right on time. Danny points at this clock and states, that's a barometer.
Speaker 1: They have fire. I laughed out loud at this use the nautical decourse. Yeah, as a joke. He loved it.
Speaker 2: So the doorbell rings, Joey answers it to reveal duck Face. Huh, there he is, Hey, there he is.
Speaker 1: He's doing his signature puckered lip.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: Joey says hi to him, and Duckface asks if Stephanie Tanner is there. Hm. Joey yells up to steph that her friend is there, and meanwhile Duckface introduces himself as Walter F. Berman. Joey responds by saying his name is Joseph A. Gladstone, and Danny follows by saying he is Daniel E. Tanner. This was such a great bit.
Speaker 2: Do you remember do you remember what their middle names are?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, we heard this in the flashback?
Speaker 2: Uh huh okay, So, Joey, I want to say it was Joseph A. Allen, Alvin Alan Alvin, Alvin Gladstone.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I do remember that Daniel is Daniel Ernest, Ernest.
Speaker 1: I remember Ernest, I don't remember, Joey. Let's let's say Alan, I don't know. Someone will correct us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll figure we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: So Danny welcomes Walter into the house. He tells the kids to have a good day at school and quickly leaves with Joey. Steph walks into the room and her eyes get wide as she sees Walter standing there. She hesitantly asks him what he's doing there. Walking through her living room and sitting on the couch, Walter explains that he wanted to thank her in person for calling to apologize. Steph shrugs, saying it was something she had to do. Walter inquires, so you really think I'm a very nice boy. Steph's jaw drops and she says, uh yeah, oh oh, here we go. I can you can see it coming, you can see it coming. It's so funny. Walter exclaims, this is marvelous.
Speaker 2: I never thought i'd have a friend, and now I have a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Steph questions you do who, and Walter responds you. Steph is flabbergasted, asking me, this is so the expression on your face. You're just so horrified, but trying to keep it in right.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh no, oh no, there's been a misunderstanding. Yeah. So Walter scooch is closer to her and states, Walter plus Stephanie equals true love.
Speaker 1: Forever. He puts his arm around her, and she nervously asks forever. Damn it, steff eh Steph. Oh.
Speaker 2: Although I have to say, the one thing I did notice about Steph in this scene is an amazing pair of pink high top rebox ooh fable I had. I remember, I had like every color of them on the show Ooh okay high Top. There was like a pink and a green and a turquoise and all different colors. But yeah, I saw myself walk in in this scene. I was like, ooh oh, all the pink high tops in the world aren't going to save you now, Steph.
Speaker 1: Oh, those were great because, yeah, you could just get whatever pair to match your outfit, could get the color that matches your outfit that week. That's fantastic. So we cut to an awkward commercial break, and then we continue in the living room. Walter can't wait to tell the whole second grade that she's his girlfriend. He stands up proudly and admits he feels four feet tall. He puckers his lips and marches towards the door. Stephanie stops him. She says he can't tell anyone that she's his girlfriend. He asks, so you want it to be a secret? Steph nods, uh, yeah, hop secret. Walter is intrigued at first, but then realizes he doesn't know what a secret girlfriend means. Steph explains that they'll never talk to each other, never look at each other, and never hold hands. They'll be total strangers.
Speaker 2: Wow, that'll work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for some reason, Walter agrees to this. Like this poor kid, like he's just so excited of a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I mean that's I mean that happens sometimes where they're like, yeah, like, I'll be your friend, but we can't talk at school, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so sick, Like this kid is just so thirsty for a friend that he's willing to put up with this.
Speaker 2: I know watching it as an adult and my heart is breaking for Walter. But like as a kid, you were like, oh, yeah, I'm not gonna hang out with duck face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, these are the terms of this friend, the secret you know, relationship, right, So Walter agrees to the terms, but continues to call her his secret girlfriend. Steph responds, well, I guess I won't talk to you later, and she tries to show him out the door. Walter stays put and dramatically removes his glasses, asking Steph if she knows what he's doing now stuff admits she's afraid to ask. Walter tells her that he's giving her a secret kiss in his mind, and he closes his eyes and puckers and wit really knocked this out, And I'm so dramatic.
Speaker 2: Taking off of the glasses, the whole moment. He really went for it.
Speaker 1: He committed yeah, like I can. I can just imagine that his audition was, oh a home run, right, Oh, my gosh. So he abruptly leaves and stuff closes the door behind him. She screams ew and wipes her cheek off as she scurries away, and the audience applause. It's like this was just a fantastic scene between Yeah Stephan Walter. So next, in Michelle's room, Michelle runs into her room holding DJ's paper. DJ walks in, asking for her paperback so she can write down that Michelle stole it. Michelle happily states my paper before running behind her crib. DJ runs after her sister, but ends up hitting her knee on Michelle's crib. She hobbles onto the floor, holding her knee in pain, and then we hear some terrible looping of DJ saying ow ow ow gotta love the eighties. You know, it's so bit right.
Speaker 2: Mouth isn't moving right, You're like it just throws some noises in there.
Speaker 1: It's fine, Like the volume is different too, Like it's just so obvious that this was put in.
Speaker 2: And those were the days, right, I was as good as a got.
Speaker 1: So Michelle says I'm sorry and hands the paper back to DJ. She asks DJ if she got a booboo, and then kisses DJ's knee to make it all better. Oh, DJ thanks Michelle, saying her knee is all better. Michelle excitedly responds Okay, more fun and grabs the paper before running away. Steph storms into the room and shouts at DJ, have you seen your uncle?
Speaker 2: Jesse?
Speaker 1: DJ tells her to check his room. Steph defends herself, saying she would have thought of that if she wasn't so steamed.
Speaker 2: Steph is piossed. Yes, Steph is on one. Yeah, she is just she is raging yeah, blames Jesse for all of h.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Steph knocks on Jesse's open door while simultaneously bursting in. She asks, may I come in? Thank you? While walking right up to her uncle. Steph explains that because she was forced to call duck face, he now thinks she's his girlfriend. She emphasizes that he kissed her in his mind. Steph concludes, if this gets out at school, I'm a dead duck. Have a nice day, and she glares at Jesse before storming away.
Speaker 2: So mad and.
Speaker 1: Jesse, he just left, Like what just happened?
Speaker 2: Right? I just got yelled at by a six or seven year old? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I get it, you know, I can see why stuff is mad.
Speaker 2: I get right, she needed to apologize what she did was wrong. But now it's you know, now there's been a misunderstanding, and lord knows, when you're in elementary school, like you just I mean, I watched my kids do it all the time when you're like, just don't, just don't lie and make it worse, and they almost always lie and make it worse, and you're like, okay, cool, that's you're gonna have fun.
Speaker 1: Deal it. It just keeps snowballing no matter what you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're like, oh god, yeah, and you just think about all the times that you've learned that lesson as a kid, and you just watch them doing it and you're like, yeah, it's this is going to catch up with you and you're gonna hate it. But okay.
Speaker 1: So next we're on the set of Wake Up San Francisco. Danny is getting touch ups and wonders how Joey could possibly be late, considering they drove there together. Danny starts the show solo, explaining that Becky is away this week. He invites her temporary replacement to arrive, saying he needs no introduction because he's not there. On cue. Joey slides into the empty chair, explaining that his lateness is due to the donut man being late.
Speaker 2: It's like every other comic. I know, we'll reach in at the last you know, I'm here. I'm here's fine, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: With a doughnut in hand, oh yeah, or a Starbucks or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. It's always just like no, I thought I had the time to do it. It's so nine out of ten comedians have terrible uh timing, I mean not timing, but like but just yeah, tardiness. Yeah yeah, oh that's hysterical. So okay, this is our imitating life. Yes.
Speaker 1: Danny gives Joey a stellar introduction, referring to him as one of the hottest young comics on the local scene, and Joey cheesily says, oh, come on, cut it out. After only being on air for twenty seconds, ten of which he missed, Joey mentions that he'll be headlining at the Laugh Machine this Saturday. Danny responds by saying Joey's infamous cut it out. Danny welcomes their first guest, who happens to be his personal hero, the hug therapist doctor Ruben Weineger. Doctor Rubin enters and hugs both of the men, which causes Joey and Danny to also hug each other. Danny tells the viewers, there's a lot of love on this set.
Speaker 2: I see. I think I seem to remember that that line maybe got cut and like play like not cut, but it like that little clip was used. I think in the gag reel for that year. Oh, I seem to remember like they did a whole bit where of like to the song love oh Dan, And I think, Okay, I somehow have it in my head that it like started at the little gag reel segment was like Bob going, there was a lot of love on this set, and then it cuts to like us doing a whole little montage of stuff for our gag reel.
Speaker 1: That sounds familiar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right too the song you were singing? Yeah, yeah, I think it was our third season gagriel it. But I feel like Bob saying there was a lot of love on this set was.
Speaker 1: The start of like the little the hug montage or whatever. Yeah, Oh, that's so funny. I do we do you still have the gag reels? I'm trying to do if I still.
Speaker 2: Do years ago. I had all of the stuff transferred over to DVDs. Of course, now even DVDs are like, who has those? But I do have. I have all of the gagreels and all of that stuff, so it is saved regard. Yeah, great, oh so.
Speaker 1: Funny, love it. We'll have to pull those out sometimes.
Speaker 2: We should do. We should do a minisode on a gag reel, although we'd have to it would be.
Speaker 1: We'll have to.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to talk about them in Arito's She'll talk about it later. Let's have a production meeting, a production meeting in the middle of this show, right, okay, So back to back to Wake Up San Francisco. Doctor Rubin starts by saying you can tell a lot from the way people hug, and he admits that something feels wrong here, and he asks Danny and Joee if either of them is suppressing any anger. Well, Danny admits he would like Joey to take some things more seriously, like punctuality. Joey says life's too short to be ruled.
Speaker 1: By a clock, and Danny asks, how would you know that you tell time on a barometer? A great joke that was funny that was a good burn. Joey would rather be a free spirit than a guy who polishes his shoe trees, and Danny corrects Joey by saying he waxes them, not polishes. This is how, This is how thirty year old men argue, right, what a burn? Their argument begins to heat up while still on live television. Rubin finally interrupts and asks if they've read his book, Hug Your Way to Happiness. He forces the two to hug, and they reluctantly do. Rubin encourages them to say something nice to each other. Joey compliments Danny's recycling, and Danny thinks it's great that Joey will be at the laugh Machine that week that weekend, adding another plug for the viewers.
Speaker 2: I have to say, this is a terrible therapist.
Speaker 1: He really is. Like he's a terrible therapist.
Speaker 2: He's not listening to anyone, He's he's making people touch each other that obviously don't want to. It's fine.
Speaker 1: Well, and then is the lesson here that just the hug bra.
Speaker 2: Lesson just can shut up and don't talk about things and just hug each other and pretend it never happened.
Speaker 1: And now they're fine, like this was resolved in fifteen seconds, Like this is I don't know. Again, I didn't love this storyline. But you know, doctor.
Speaker 2: Ruben Weininger, your book it sucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, we give that one star.
Speaker 2: Give that the one you start. Yeah, my my Amazon rating for that is just one star. Don't buy terrible advice. I tried hugging everyone that was mad at me and I got punched.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is terrible advice. So next in the kitchen, Michelle enthusiastically takes a bite out of a sandwich that is bigger than her face. Jesse asks if she's having a nice time before rightfully take his sandwich back and replacing it with a miniature sandwich that's actually hers and they change that.
Speaker 2: It was huge.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised she could get her hands around it. H DJ walks into the kitchen and tells Michelle that the report she wrote about her got an a and asks Michelle for a mini five and they high five. Jesse's happy to hear this, He asks, so it was a good idea using the baby. Michelle corrects him, saying she's not a baby, she's a big girl. Jesse gets close to her, face and comments, ooh a big girl. Well excuse me, miss Tanner.
Speaker 2: DJ tells her sister that she's really happy they got to spend time together. She realizes Michelle's like a little person now, sensitive, compassionate, and smarter than most dogs. Michelle responds to this by making a silly face and sticking her tongue out at DJ. DJ adds that Michelle still grosses her out, though. Then Steph walks.
Speaker 1: In Jesse, yes, we go, here we go. Now we're getting to the meat of the scene. Jesse asks how her school day was, and she sarcastically says, oh, just dandy. She goes on to say that Walter still thinks she's his secret girlfriend and he was giving her kisses in his mind all day. Ugh. Jesse tells her he's sorry, but he still stands by the fact that apologizing to Walter was the right thing to do. Stephanie sighs, If it was the right thing, how come my life is a mess?
Speaker 2: Well, because you kind of you kind of didn't you know, you just trying to not hurt somebody's feelings more, and you.
Speaker 1: Just, yeah, this is this is your penance. You gotta pay your penance, right Jesse says, just because you do the right thing doesn't mean your life is going to be perfect. You do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. Yep, babe, that is some sage advice.
Speaker 2: Sometimes doing the right thing has its own consequences, but you do it because it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a great lesson.
Speaker 2: You know, this is a really good less This is a great lesson. This whole episode, like, it was a really great lesson. I really enjoyed this one.
Speaker 1: Very well written, and it just like this is our target audience right here. Kids that are the age where they're mean to each other, and so it's the whole thing worked for me. Jesse recommends that Steph nicely tell Walter that they are just friends without adding any duck jokes. Steph begs no more advice, please. I thought grown ups were supposed to get you out of trouble, not into it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Steph, boy, do I have some news for you. Friend? Wait till you're an adult.
Speaker 1: Just wait. The doorbell rings and Steph leaves to answer it, thinking it's her friends who she's working on a big bug project with. Jesse asks her to come to his room after they're done, because he wants to finish their conversation.
Speaker 2: This is such a weird way to end a scene, though, I agree, Yeah, it was so I've never seen it done on this show before, or really I'm almost any because it was like we entered the room of the next scene and we only see Jesse come through the door, and then we cut to a commercial like it was like that that little bit of conversation with Jesse going, oh, come come up to my room after you're done, it like that should have happened in the kitchen, yes, and then we cut on steph walking out of the room and pick it up on her walking into the room. I don't know, I'm not sure why we didn't do that or why the scene sort of bled over strangely into the next room, But for me, it kind of that was something that like my director, I was thrown off by that because I was like, that's odd, what an odd choice to do that and then cut the scene and then pick up with Stephanie opening door like it was yeah, very.
Speaker 1: It bumped me too, and yeah, I was just like why did Billy Foster choose this?
Speaker 2: You know? I wonder I was like, was it written that way that Je like, was the scene written so that, you know, it had that little continuous bit in the living room with Jesse through the door, or was that just a choice that they made to you know what I mean, they were we'll just split the scene up this way. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like when Jesse says, come up to my room after you're done, so we can finish this conversation, I feel like they're setting up. They're setting up for that scene at the end where they are taught. I don't know why they had to.
Speaker 2: Like plant the scene and I don't know why we did do that right in the kitchen in.
Speaker 1: The kitchen right, I don't know. I don't have an answer for.
Speaker 2: It anyway, unless they needed to get it was just just it was an interesting, strange choice that I've never seen done, where you have one line at the end of a scene in another room and then cut and then pick on her almost continuous action in the next scene, even with the commercial breakers to break. Yeah, but Camille break was the weirder part for me because I can see the Jesse ends up hiding at the top of the stairs, he's observing, he's spying on steph to see how she reacts to this thing going on. So maybe they needed to establish Jesse coming into the living room because how well, I don't know where the stairs leaked, Like we got nineteen pairs of stairs at nineteen sets the stairs in his house. He goes up the back ones and through the house through the time portal into the living room stairs, right.
Speaker 1: So he didn't need to go through the living room to get to that landing to spy on you.
Speaker 2: So he doesn't walk through the living room.
Speaker 1: Oh he doesn't.
Speaker 2: You're not, he doesn't walk. There's literally no reason for it to be that way. It just is a weird choice, and we're stuck on it. We're stuck on it. I am stuck on it. Yeah, as a person has been on sitcoms for a large portion of my life, Like, it was like I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was very weird. And because sitcoms are so formulaic and like there's a rhythm and a routine, right when it's when you're taken out of the moment, it's very obvious, right, Yeah, I get it. So continuous action after the awkward commercial break, Yeah, steph answers the door and to her surprise it's Walter. Upon seeing him, Steph winds this is supposed to be a secret. Walter assures Steph that no one knows he's there except his mom, but he told her it was strictly business. Walter hands Steph flowers and she thanks him, but makes an excuse that she's got a lot of homework, so she grabs his hand and begins begins leading him out the door. As Steph is walking walking Walter toward the door, her group members enter at the same time. One boy mocks, oh, it's duckface, and then Harry chimes in, you dumped me for duckface, Harry. A girl calls Harry, Harry.
Speaker 2: You know Harry really after the DJ thing, I just feel he didn't handle the breakup well. He's obviously still kind of hurt and taking it out of a well stuff.
Speaker 1: Did you break up with Wait? Did you break up with him? Or did he leave you for DJ?
Speaker 2: He left me for DJ, and then I was like, fine, we can be friends again, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, no romance, no marriage.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, after that move, things were never the same. Things were never this.
Speaker 1: They were never the same. Come on, Harry, like, this is your Swan song, you have to like redeem yourself. I'm very disappointed.
Speaker 2: I know if we should use any sort of bird references.
Speaker 1: To duck yeah, oh dear. Okay, so the kids too, woo sorry, okay, so the kids are The kids are piling on. They're calling the mister and missus duck face. They're gonna get married and live in a pond. Walter yells back, We're not getting married. Stephanie is just my secret girlfriend, and stuff is like, oh Walter, yeah, Harry is all over this. Harry is like, it's true, you are missus duckface. Then all three kids start to quack at her and make fun of her.
Speaker 2: No loyalty, none, no none, no best kids right they are, that's kids. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jesse is standing at the top of stairs and he watches the entire thing unfolding. Steph runs away, telling them to stop teasing her. She shouts, I'm not his secret girlfriend. I'm not his any kind of girlfriend. The little boy Brian tells Steph to prove it by calling Walter duckface and throwing him out of her house. Harry adds, quick before I walk out of your life forever, Harry.
Speaker 2: That moment has come and gone. You're that done, You're done?
Speaker 1: What's an ultimatum?
Speaker 3: And his last episode, so he really like this, Like I said nothing against Nathan did Chagucchi in life, but Harry in this episode.
Speaker 2: Bye bye yeah yeah yeah not cool? Wow, not cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steph does not Steph doesn't take it. Steph does not take that. So Steph snaps back, No, I'm not gonna call him duckface. He's not my boyfriend, but he is my friend. Boy Did I cheer? Did I cheer? When you said this?
Speaker 2: He's like yeah, yeah, right, yes yeah.
Speaker 1: And Walter is like soight, like you can see it on his face. He's so touched. He says, I am I'm your secret friend, and Steph replies, no, Walter, You're my everybody can know friend.
Speaker 2: That's it, Steph.
Speaker 1: Like, if that just doesn't make your cold black heart grow through.
Speaker 2: This episode really did. My little gritchy self was like, oh that's right, Steph. And honestly, I watched this episode and I was like, I'm so proud to be Steph, Like I'm so proud of her. I am so proud of her.
Speaker 1: That gives me such warm fuzzies, Like I just love Stephanie. She's such a cool.
Speaker 2: Character, even at the tender age of seven or whatever you were at the time, like, oh man, she was like, I'm not here to play.
Speaker 1: She she's really the most grown up one in the entire full house. That's really Yeah, she's really does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's just the only one person in reality sometimes I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah she is. She is. I just I love her. She's she's a good person. Yeah, the good heart. And this episode really shows that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Steph addresses the other kids and tells them if they're her friend, If they're her friends, they wouldn't tease Duckface either. Brian asks why not? It's fun, and Steph marches up to him and asks, oh, yeah, was it fun when you got hurt during recess and everyone called you crying Brian. Harry laughs at this, butte addresses him next, reminding him of when he got a bad haircut and everyone called him salad bowl head.
Speaker 2: Yeah remember that, Harry, Remember your bad haircut, Harry.
Speaker 1: The girl giggles at this, and Steph walks up to her last asking what's so funny? Miss milk through her nose? On Parents' Day twice.
Speaker 2: Burn reads them for filth. She comes it and she's like, no, here's the deal. There's a scene I think it's in Pose where they're at a restaurant and some woman like upper whatever class woman makes a comment to these for women for trans women sitting at the table and says something and the one gets up and is just like, oh, well, here we go. And I was like, yes, this is like STEP's moment like that where she's just like, no, you guys want to talk. I'm going to bring up your stuff that you're insecure about too, because we all have it. And I love stuff for that. I loved her for that.
Speaker 1: She dished it out. She commands in the room, was.
Speaker 2: Just like, no, you want to laugh. Remember when everyone laughed at you? Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: And that is strength, you know, like kids mistakenly think they're strong because they're making fun of other people, but no, it takes real strength to stand up to people and tell them when they're wrong. Yep. I just got such a natural high off of this.
Speaker 2: I know me too, and I also just like, yeah, this is yeah, Steph and I have always been you know, kindred spirits. So I pay for this.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. So stuff asks the other kids if it feels good to be teased, and they all say no in unison. Then she turns to Walter and asks if he'll stay and be a part of their group for this project. Walter is extremely excited and says that he would enjoy that. He thanks Steph for sticking up for him, and Steph smiles sometimes you just have to do the right thing right group, and all the kids agree yeah. Steph nods in approval, saying good answer. I'll be right back, and she runs upstairs. Jesse quickly runs to his room so she doesn't catch him, and he flops into his bed and fakes a phone call in an attempt to make it look like he wasn't evesdropping. Steph strolls in, asking if she can talk to him. Jesse ends his fake phone call and asks Steph how did it go? Steph says it went great. Then she grins and asks Jesse how it went from watching upstairs. Jesse smiles and kisses her on the forehead. Realizing he was caught stuff, admits that he was right. It feels terrible to be teased. She asks Jesse if there still friends. Jesse assures her that they're still friends, and asks why she would think otherwise. Steph thinks it's because she got so mad at him. She admits that she was never going to trust him again. He promises that she can always trust her uncle Jesse. He may make mistakes once in a while, but he's always going to be on her side. He just wants her to grow up and be the best little person she can be. And right then downstairs, she was about as good as it gets. Steph tells him that when she grows up, she wants to be just like her uncle Jesse, but wears dresses. But wear dresses. Jesse pulls stuff into a big hug and adds, if anyone ever calls you zor Ba the geek again, you just tell him to see missus duckface, Jesse says, duck kiss, and they each give each other a kiss before going back in for another hug. And that is our show, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: And I have to say that last moment like this, the ending made me cry because because I could see the again, the genuineness between John and I. And if you watch that last hug that he gives me in the scene, he's whispering something in my ear and I don't know what it is, but my eyes are closed and he's giving me the biggest hug. And it made me cry because I watched it and I went, oh, that's not scripted, that's just the real moment that happened. Yeah, you know, and watching that scene between John and I, like we both were so in it and connected and it was just such a sweet scene. And also for me, like it made me emotional because I was like, this is a this is such an important lesson and it's such a like core part of that something that I believe in so wholeheartedly of like being kind to others and sticking up for people who are, you know, like being made fun of. And and I'm sure I was a kid in an asshole, you know, as we all are, but I also know that like overall, I always tried to be this person that was like, now you're not going to do this, And I just it made me really proud that we did such a great episode about being kind to others who are a little bit different, and that Steph was the one who was like not going to put up with it. I just I really it was an episode that I watched and I went, I'm really proud that that was who I got to be as the character and that she got to teach that lesson. And then you know, also watching the genuine, sweet kind moment between John and I and that last hug where I can tell it's just he's genuinely squeezing me because he loves me, and I'm genuinely giving him a hug that has nothing to do with Steph and Jesse, but is just a real sweet moment. And yeah, this episode really it hit me in the feels. Oh and again when you hear our episode, our interview with Wit, that will also hit you in the fields, Like it's a just this was a really important, great episode, and it's also one that I think so many people remember from you know, classic full House days is the duck Face episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I remember this episode just because of WIT's face, like he's just so duck face. I didn't realize the message behind it, you know, because I haven't seen it. I don't know if i'd ever seen this episode, to be honest, so I didn't think about the bigger message involved. And yeah, that was the magic of Full House. It was these important messages told through people who had this genuine connection and that that that love that wasn't scripted. Yeah, chemistry wasn't scripted. You can't script it. Yeah, that that was real. And that's why Full House was the juggernaut that it was, because I think the audiences fell fell in love with the chemistry between all of us. And what a Yeah, what a.
Speaker 2: Great, really great episode. I'm very proud of this episode. Steph is a badass. I love being I love that she is who she is, and she just she'll she'll, she'll fight for people. That's that was admirable in Steph. And I'm just so glad that, uh, you know, hopefully a generation of young people watched that and maybe learned something maybe a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: Did you have any everwhere you look moments?
Speaker 1: I think I have the same probably the same one you do.
Speaker 2: Well, I have two?
Speaker 1: Okay, I have I have two?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, okay, you you one on? You go give me your first one? Should I do the one that we do, the one that I think we both are gonna we overlap? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay. Well. On the wake Up San Francisco set Yep, the stage manager is our actual stage manager, Mark Sandrowski.
Speaker 2: Yep, Mark Sandrowski, who was Dave Koolier's friends since they were nine years old growing up, who was our actual stage manager on on the show, and who did a little guest part there with his lines, and who went on to become an Emmy Award winning director for Big Bang Theory and other Chuck Lory things.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was it was so cool. And Mark is.
Speaker 2: Just, yeah, he's so great.
Speaker 1: Watch he reacts to what Bob is saying and he like counts down just likely. He's just he's so present, Like he's a great I don't think he's an actor, but.
Speaker 2: He's I mean he he and Dave did he did comedy was you know, he has a kid, and so that was kind of what they like to do. And yeah, so that was that was one. What's your what's your other? Everybody?
Speaker 1: Look, well, just I have one more thing to add about Mark. You know, Mark Sandrowski originated out That's where Dave got it, and so I love that they inserted cut it out so many times into that scene. So I'm like, that's a nod to Mark that is absolutely absolutely loved it. Okay, My second one is actually a question speaking of stairs. I noticed for the first time that in Joey's room there's stairs go in opposite directions. Yeah, I never noticed that's the stairs on the right. Where do those go to?
Speaker 2: Where do those go? It's it just I don't know, Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a basement.
Speaker 2: It's so where it's a basement.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Maybe does it go it can't possibly lead Maybe that there's a back staircase that goes just directly all the way up.
Speaker 1: Oh, like a tornado shelter or something like.
Speaker 2: Maybe like no, like a like you would have almost like service stairs. I mean old Victorian homes would have like a service stair where like basically the kitchen stairs would be quote unquote like a service stair that only your staff would use, and then everyone else would use the front stair. But I don't know where two stairs in the It doesn't It's always been there. That's the funny thing is it's always been there, like a split staircase, but we've never used the way to the right because I think we all went it doesn't make sense, But now we're like, it makes it, just use it. It's I mean, who cares. This house doesn't exist, you know, couldn't exist possibly anyway, So use all the stairs.
Speaker 1: My next pitch is that we should get Jerry Dunn on the show. Who designed all of these sets? Or did he design Fuller.
Speaker 2: He didn't design full he didn't design just Fuller.
Speaker 1: He did Fuller.
Speaker 2: But I think on the internet somewhere there is someone who tried to put basically like an architectural rendering of the full House house with all of the things that it has and what you see and what the shape of the house actually would be. And it's it's like something off of like roadblocks, you know what I mean. It's like it is the weirdest shaped like doesn't couldn't possibly exist in actual buildings.
Speaker 1: No, it defies law, defies yeah, defies gravity.
Speaker 2: Everything. Yeah, everything it's got it is think Uh it's a it's a portal to some sort of black hole, or it's a it's a there's a time warp in there. I don't know, something, there's something going on at that town something because it's like the West. It's like the Winchester Mystery House with all the stairs in that house. You know what I mean, there's got to stairs that go into blank walls. And doors that open onto nothing.
Speaker 1: Yes, it has to be because there's so many dang stairs.
Speaker 2: I always say that they do construction quickly in this house without any Yeah, no mess, because Daniel, no mess, no noise. Great. I will tell you my other everywhere you look moment. Was it was a classic late eighties beverage.
Speaker 1: Oh it was.
Speaker 2: It was a New York Seltzer. Oh they were in a couple episodes, uh or a couple scenes in this episode, and they're like really greeked out or whatever. But New York seltz in the little bottles with the like different color wraps, and they were it was basically you know, flavored soda water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sugar, but yeah, the Lacroix of.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be that mean to New York Seltzer. I love Lacroix, but it actually Lacroix tastes like if you licked a fruit and then licked the glass that you're gonna pour the water in. But New York Seltzer actually like was like you juiced in and added sugar. Really nice, the real the real sugar, real yeah stuff. Yes, But anyway, that was my little other ere the moment. Because you ever, you don't see him now. I think that company might have gone out of business, but it was no you could get it yeah in the eighties, like Deli's bagels chops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, man, I could use one right now.
Speaker 2: Right seriously, I'm gonna go eat a sandwich the size of Michelle Tanner's head in that scene.
Speaker 1: And drinking New York Celtic and drink of New York.
Speaker 2: Eltzer yep, and go find my time portal in UH in the Tanner.
Speaker 1: Household and find some ducks on a lake and throw some bread out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, That's what I'm gonna do. That's the rest of my day.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Great episode. Thank you everybody for joining us for another fun episode of how Rud Tanner Ritos. We hope you enjoyed the show today, and if you're looking for ways to find us online, you can find us on Instagram at how Rude Podcast. You can also send us an email at how Rude podcast at gmail dot com. Uh and also make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it to make sure that you get all the newest episodes as soon as they drop, and we will see you guys next week, uh for a really great episode, really fun interview with Wit himself and remember the world is small, but the door is always open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good, very good. Okay, still there's still there's there's still questioning that there's there's one too many syllables syllable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna take some some redoing, but I just well, I'll get my red editor pen, I'll I'll do something.
Speaker 1: I'll do some edit, some notes.
Speaker 2: We'll listen to the fan retos, like everybody's gonna have thoughts on its sound. Alright, you guys, see you next time. M