Speaker 1: Rolling. Okay, and we're going on.
Speaker 2: We're on. Yes, welcome to bull Chat. Yeah, it's the sister podcast to Serial Killers. Yes, this is our Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Show, Wednesday show, and uh, what's going on? Andrew, which you guys have seemed to be enjoying, so thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is bull Chat episode. Because I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I don't even know myself.
Speaker 2: I don't think we really number these.
Speaker 1: It just does. Stopped numbering them because I got confused.
Speaker 2: That's fine, I just put the date on it now.
Speaker 1: But now we do them every week. Remember when you didn't even want to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember, Andrew, but you coaxed me into it, and now I'm okay with it.
Speaker 1: So and here we go, love it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go, Here we go? So what's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, you were going to give me one of those Captain crunch bars?
Speaker 2: Oh, Kristin, our friend sent us a boxes and she sent to us. Well, see, now all the cereal companies are now getting into the snack making snacks, so you can pretty much get every cereal in some form of snack.
Speaker 1: Or what kind is that? Oh, peanut butter, it's cap'n crunch.
Speaker 2: Its peanut butter crunch. Oh, this is gonna taste chocolate in it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel like I know what this taste is going to be.
Speaker 2: It's funny because it doesn't taste like cap'n Crunch at all. Oh no, yeah, I don't really like just that much as a graph. No, I'm not going to waste my calories on this. Well, Oh my god, it does taste it. It tastes very earthy, earthy. That's really not good.
Speaker 1: What about that chocolate bar? Which one goes?
Speaker 2: You want one of these?
Speaker 1: We didn't have those.
Speaker 2: These are the the pebbles bars. There's Coca pebbles, fruity pebbles, and birthday cake.
Speaker 1: I despise that last flavor, but I would like to try one.
Speaker 2: Which one would you like? Coco?
Speaker 1: I don't know which one would you like.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna eat it, so you can have it.
Speaker 1: I would like to try vanilla one. Then, Okay, maybe the fruity pebbles.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know me, like, I don't really eat can anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know how stupid it sounds, because I just ate a cap'n Crunch treat bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is too much for you. This puts you over the edge. This will cause another.
Speaker 2: Your tire damage.
Speaker 1: Ooh, it smells like lemonie.
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 1: I'm actually really good.
Speaker 2: It's from our friends at Frankfurt. Matt sent it to us. They gat them post. They're available in Walmart stores nationwide. Let me tell you they did not pay us to say that, but they should.
Speaker 1: That ain't bad.
Speaker 2: That ain't bad at all. The Pebbles people have gotten into every aspect of everything. There is Pebbles coffee creamer. There's Pebbles protein powder, there's Pebbles ice cream candy. Like if you can think it, Pebbles has it. Now. It's the big fiftieth anniversary celebration, so they are they have their hand and everything.
Speaker 1: I wish Disney did something for their fiftieth, like Disney should have done a fiftieth anniversary cereal.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, there have been some Disney cereals. There's been some Says cereals. There was that honey Bear bee whatever cereal.
Speaker 1: I'm just picturing, like I want castle shapes and like gold marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Ooh right, No, if you find golden marshmallows, you win some sort of trip to Disney.
Speaker 1: Except they'll make sure that you're at the most budget hotel and they won't actually.
Speaker 2: Give you take Oh no, no, you're gonna stay on property. He's gonna be like gold. There's gonna be hard core and they're gonna be real gold. Oh.
Speaker 1: I love Disney way too much.
Speaker 2: There was some Cereal company one time that did like put real gold or real metal or something as the pres like if you found it, you won something. But people were like weighing the boxes to see which ones were heavier, and they were able to find it that way.
Speaker 1: Well, there's those toys that kids have too that I really want, just one of them. It's where it comes in like a gold brick and they give you a little shovel and you have to dig out the toy in the middle.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about that, and I don't want to know because my kids will want it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Kids nowadays, I feel like everything has to have kids nowadays. Yeah, kids nowadays have like toys within toys. So this one is like a gold brick, but it's like sand, so it's going to make a mess. Yes, And they give you a little shovel and they tell you like there's a real piece of rock or metal where in some cases you'll find a piece of gold inside your gold brick, so after you dig it out, you could just pour water on it too, by the way, and then the whole thing just dissolves. But people dig and find it and then take out the little gold piece.
Speaker 2: However, I do like the fact. I mean, as much as these toys annoy the hell out of me, I would rather my kids play with a toy of some sort than be on their phone outside and play or whatever. But now that Cooper has a phone, we finally caved and gave it to her. Oh boy, Like I just checked her usage and she was on it for eight hours yesterday. Not good.
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not good. I mean I don't know if she was actually on it the whole time, but it showed a usage of eight hours.
Speaker 1: And that's like Pandora's box, like once it's open, you can't go back.
Speaker 2: Well, the good thing is is we can hold that over her head so when she's bad, but by phone, because we have the app on there where you can just shut the phone off, which is spectacular and it only works you know then to like call her text or something. Yeah, she can't do her little tiktoks anymore?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, what is that?
Speaker 2: That was a TikTok dance?
Speaker 1: I don't think that was a TikTok dance.
Speaker 2: I saw her do that.
Speaker 1: I mean I saw some other things shaken.
Speaker 2: But thanks thanks? So yeah so, I mean, and plus everyone's mad at me because we gave her the new phone, the thirteen. Yeah, and I still have an eight.
Speaker 1: Well are you betting your mini?
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be coming. And I tried to explain the whole thing is the deal that we got was it was buy one, get one free, So of course we're going to get another thirteen, you know, but I'm on a different carrier. It's a whole long thing. Whatever it is is, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm finally going to step into the twenty twenties and get a at least a twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about that. I'm saying, no more I do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna miss my button. I know you said I'll get over it, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the button you miss, but then you get used to it. It's not too bad. Wow, I can't believe she has a cell phone now, she's really growing up.
Speaker 2: Well that's what they need. That in middle school or so they say yeah, because if they're taking a different bus, or if they're thing late or whatever. You know, it's embarrassing en have to go to the office and call your parents from the phone that's plugged into a wall.
Speaker 1: I do get it anymore. It's one of those things that really, I'm telling you, well, your girls only grew up with the Internet and technology. Now, that's weird, that's true. Like I was on the cusp of it. So I lived in a world that was with dial up and also pre internet, where we didn't have easy access to these things.
Speaker 2: I lived in a world with rotary phones.
Speaker 1: My grandma. My grandma had one of those in her bedroom. It was my favorite thing. It was an old, old phone. It was so much fun. We always used to play with it.
Speaker 2: My dad still has one, and there's a jack outside on the deck. Well, he'll bring it out and plug it in if we need a phone outside, you know, if everybody's outside, because I don't even know if to have a portable phone, but that he plugs the rotary phone in outside. I love that. And he also has in the garage that we've when I was a kid at work. Now it's just there. It's hooked up, but it doesn't work anymore because the humidity killed it. It's one of those old cool wooden box phones that has the big long thing coming out of it and the receiver on the side with the wire that you hold up to your ear like this and you crank it. Yeah, why would you crank it? Well, back in the day, there was no dialing anything. You would crank the thing and it would call an operator and you would say, yes, please connect me to JE seven forty two sixty, you know, and I'd say one moment plays and they would have to connect you. That's how things worked back in the day. Those You couldn't dial anything.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean people would have numbers, but you'd have to call an operator to connect them.
Speaker 1: And didn't we try and call an operator on the show once. They don't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: We also we don't have the kind of phones that you can. You have to like literally have a landline phone that you can just press zero, and I'm not sure what happens anymore. This building used to be full of telephone operators. We are in the former AT and T building.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so cool.
Speaker 2: Downstairs in our theater was a switch room so when you called the operator from a phone, yeah, it would go there and they would say operator, you know with the thing like you see on TV, and they have all the switches in front of them, the plugs, and they'd have to they they would connect you. I feel like that would have been your dream job, to be an operator.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I would connect people to the wrong people all the time. No, I feel like you'd be perfect with that. And then if somebody tried to like step in, you'd be like, no, my board, you're right. Then slowly but surely you take over the entire department and you just be running around.
Speaker 2: Yes, they would promote me to supervisor, like they did at Western Union and Cedar Rapids Iowa.
Speaker 1: Ah, right, what happened? There goes your one reference for the show. Can't you use Cedar Rapids Iowa? This the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry. That was a fun job, though, I don't did I ever tell you what I did there?
Speaker 1: What were you like someone who does taxes? No?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean okay, so obviously Western Union started as a telegram company. They would they would send telegrams, you know, because it was faster than the mail. But you couldn't really call people, so you would, you know, do a telegram. It was like, hello, dad, just want to let you know mom was in a horrible car accident and died last night. Stop. And then some guy would run the telegram over. That's that that, you know, that's what it was. That's how you gave people news. So you were the person that said this, no, no, no no. But okay, so let's just say it was nineteen fifteen and I just had a baby and wanted to tell my wife because she wasn't with me.
Speaker 1: I don't know, she's at home doing the chores because I'm out working the children because they can work, but my lady needs to stay home.
Speaker 2: Hey, just wanted to let you know, had a baby. Boy. Stop, everybody's very excited. Stop. That was the period. Stop, but you paid per words. They would try to keep it short. Had a baby. Stop, it's a boy. Stop, and that was it, you know, because that would probably cost you, like I don't know, fifty cents or whatever it was back then, but that was expensive, you know. So anyway, so they then went on to money transfers, wiring money when you didn't wire, it's not really wiring money. Because that's bank to bank. But so they did money transfers, and they had a different a lot of different money transfer services, and I wound up being the head or the supervisor of quick Collect that they called it, and it was it was a thing where people right before their house was going to get taken away because they didn't pay their bill, they would send a quick collect to the company that was collecting, or a credit card that we're into fault, anything like that. So to spare you all the logistics of it, it was just a way to send money to companies you owed money to. And there was also another part of it that would send money to casinos. So I would work the overnights and we would get calls at like two o'clock in the morning, Yes, I need you to send my money to Circus Circus. My mom sent it to me and if I don't get it, I'm gonna lose my car, you know. So I'd have to go into the system and like direct his money if he actually had it to Circus Circus and a check would print out in the casino cage at the casino and then the guy would be able to cash it there. So that's that's what I did. So there were many of like drunken crazy phone calls that we would get overnight, and you know, I was just kind of overseeing that department. Geeze, lots of fun. I don't think I'm guessing they don't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: No, because you could just do it with your bank directly, right.
Speaker 2: See, Western they kind of they dropped the ball.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just like Blockbuster Video could have been the Netflix, but they dropped the ball. Yeah, they were like DVDs. Who needs things shipped to their house? People love going out of their way to come to a store exactly. So Western Union could have been the Venmo if they would have jumped on board sooner. Yeah, you know. But now it's just like I think you can get like a Western Union gift card or something now like a cash card. But they don't do much. They still transfer money, but only for scams. You know, Hey, you know your son is in jail and if you want to get them out, you'll have to Western Union me three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's the thing with what is it? They also do that with Craigslist. I remember when I was looking to sell my couch or sell any item, people will always be like, I can't do that, but I can give you a cashier's check from Western Unions. Yeah, just and that doesn't work. And the cashiers check doesn't work because there's no money behind it, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean there is if it's an actual cashiers check, Like if you got a cashiers check from a bank, you can take it to the bank because it's real. But you know, everything's a scam. And as people get older, they have to be careful because there's more and more new stuff that like, I can't believe some of the stuff my parents are falling for. Yeah, they're smart people. And my mom was like, I want an iPad. I said, no, you didn't. Please, don't click on anything, don't enter anything. My dad, my cousin said that he needs some Google gift cards for his son. I haven't spoken to this cousin in ten years, but he said he needs it. Can you help me buy them? I'm like, dad, what is the matter with you? You're smarter than that. But I mean, it's just this is all new for them, so they don't they don't understand that it's a scam. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's sad. My grandma not to bring her up again. But hey, Graham's she uh, she had people come to her house and they rang the doorbell and they sold her magazine subscriptions for something, and she was literally she closed the door, and I remember she called my mom directly after him, was like, I think I just got scammed and I don't know why I fell for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of get sucked in the things. I trust me Andrew. When we get older, it's going to happen to us and our kids are going to say, dude, what are you doing? You know, we think that we know everything, but there's just new stuff constantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I sometimes get them too. We're now. They try and do it with bitcoin, like we have your IP address, which like, how do you have my IP address? That's a b They want a very specific number of bitcoin when obviously we both know bitcoin is like how much is it for even one? You want eight of them? Where do you think I'm getting that money from? And then see what what.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you. I think somebody does have my IP address because my desktop at home, my Mac looks like this. I don't know if you can see it. It's all look at the font it's question marks. Can you see that. It's hard to see, but they're all question marks and nothing works anymore. So I have a feeling that I.
Speaker 1: Did you recently update your computer?
Speaker 2: No, but I think my kid like clicks on it. She plays rope roadblocks on there, and I think she clicks on stuff and it's like, hey, kid, you want this for free? And she's like, yeah, I'll take it, and clicks on it, you know, and then the completely take over the gear. I thought Max couldn't really.
Speaker 1: They don't really get pop ups be it infected like that. It depends on what website you're going to.
Speaker 2: But I guess if you click on a link that a bad person sends you and you could anything could happen.
Speaker 1: Right Well, to me, that looks more like maybe you've got a system update that you don't know about, and then the fonts aren't recognized anymore.
Speaker 2: And the only reason I don't think so is because when I turn it on and it's loading, it stops halfway through for about five minutes and then creeps to the end and then finally loads, and then it makes all kinds of weird noises. Yeah, and it's having quite the spasm.
Speaker 1: Well, time to ditch the computer.
Speaker 2: But I mean it's a really expensive computer. It does not have a lot of use on it. I mean it's.
Speaker 1: It's Apple. Then they could run a system diagnostics trick.
Speaker 2: How much is that going to cost?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe you have Apple Care not on that thing. It's from twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: I think, oh, yeah, that's this one. Then I'm recording this on is from twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: And how about this one that I'm want recording on?
Speaker 1: That one I used in college. So actually I only had that one for like two three years because the one I had prior to it, I rubbed magnets on it by accident because I was like, oh my god, this is so cool. Magnets are sticking to it. Then I like put it over here and like right by the mousepad of your MacBook that's where your hard drive is, and that literally wipes everything.
Speaker 2: Oh technology.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They actually asked when I brought it in. They were like, what were you doing? Like why did you erase it like that? And I was like, I didn't mean to. I just I don't an idiot. I thought they were magnets.
Speaker 2: I don't think people realize the power of magnets with things. Yeah, you know, Well the.
Speaker 1: New iPhone, if you have a cochlear implant or a specific heart implant, you can't use the iPhone twelve Mini with it. Why because on the new iPhones they have what they call mag safe chargers. So it's like it's a charger and it like clicks on through a magnet. But it's very, very very strong. Because even with this case you see this white pad in the case, Yeah, that's mag safe, So with this on, it still clicks on. So it's a super strong magnet that attracts it. So you better watch out and hope your cochlear implant doesn't go on the fridge.
Speaker 2: Why is a magnet okay with a phone, but not a computer. There's no hard drive in a phone.
Speaker 1: Well, because this magnet it's it's like not it's not sticking to anything.
Speaker 2: So wait a second. So my twelve that I'm getting is not going to work with one of these charging pads.
Speaker 1: No, it'll still work, but the new ones they call the mag safe chargers. The whole thing is that, like the magnet inside of this, you can click things on. Now, so they have like cases and like accessories that you can just put on and the magnet will hold it.
Speaker 2: Got it. I do think it's kind of bs that when you buy new Apple products now they don't give you the charger or my kids call a box anymore. Yeah, it was just a USB plug and that's it.
Speaker 1: The stupid dongle.
Speaker 2: I love dongles, I mean, I just like the word, but the dongle itself, I just think is stupid. Why do they keep changing stuff? Just leave it?
Speaker 1: I know, I agree with you. Well, I think they're gonna switch one more time. Here we go, because I think it's going to USBC, which I know you have no idea what that missions.
Speaker 2: I do. It's the little USB dude, I know what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think they're switching to that one because Europe was like, hey, guess what you know, Apple, You're the only one who has your own special charger, so f off. Yeah, so they made like a standard where everything has to be USBC. Apple's probably gonna fight it. They're probably gonna lose. It'll probably get some money in the return, but then they'll switch everything to USBC and.
Speaker 2: Then come the fifteen it'll be that yeah, great, and then we're all screwed again. Well, we did install those the USB charging things, not charges, but the USB plugs in the house. All our outlets that are in the kitchen now have a regular plug and they also have the USB thing.
Speaker 1: So much more convenient.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I mean honestly, like, what do you really charge nowadays a laptop and a phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you can't charge a laptop with just a us people like you need the actual.
Speaker 1: Or unless you have the USBC. Ones like MacBooks charged that way.
Speaker 2: Excuse me a headache.
Speaker 1: MacBooks charged with USBC, and they can also charge your phone, but.
Speaker 2: They're always missing. And for the three laptops we have in the house, there's one freaking charger. The kids broke one of them, the other one's gone, and and what are like eighty dollars each? I don't want to buy another one that they are stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's not great. I don't know why it's so expensive.
Speaker 2: They have us buy the balls Android they do.
Speaker 1: That's why I would get an Android phone. I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: See, I could have got one of those for free in my upgrade. I could have got a free Android, but nope, how to pay for a stupid iPhone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really thinking that probably in the next five six years, I think we're going to start to see like a turn on Apple because honestly, like, besides I Message, I could live without being so connected with iPhone.
Speaker 2: Tell me what? Okay, so I get rid of my iPhone? Yeah, now I just get an Android or whatever the hell I get. Yeah, what do I no longer have FaceTime? Right?
Speaker 1: No? Because they allowed FaceTime to happen on androids. So like if I have a if just say your family is facetiming, Yeah, they're like, oh Dad can't because he has an Android. Yeah, they can send you the link still and you could open it up and you're in the FaceTime now.
Speaker 2: So just like Brodie's always green when he's in a group text and ruins everything for everyone.
Speaker 1: Yes, so that'll still happen, okay, yeah until they make I message for Android. The day that happens, I'm done with iPhone for real, like not even kidding. I will go to a store and get one of those Samsung phones because, let me tell you something, those things look awesome.
Speaker 2: But I think they'll resist it as long as possible, because that's what everybody is going to do and they're gonna lose themselves. Yeah, you know so. But other than that, I mean, what are the benefits? Why must I have an iPhone?
Speaker 1: That's it, right, preaching in the choir. I would love a simple phone. I'm telling you, I cannot wait until I get a different job one day and I can just get a simple phone. I just want to text, I just want to call, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I just think, more than anything else, you're judged by your device. Like is Skary in there? If I came in here with an Android, you know, he'll be all over it, like he does not let Brody live down that he has an Android.
Speaker 1: Well, because I think there's two types of Android users. There's Android users that are like, yeah, it's my phone. It just works for me. I like it. And then there's Android users that are like, do.
Speaker 2: You like technology?
Speaker 1: You don't, you dumbass. This is an this is the most elite piece of technology, and yours is Apple.
Speaker 2: Crap. That sounded very familiar. That was David Brody? Was it?
Speaker 1: Not? There? You go?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So anyway, Uh, what else? Halloween coming up? Yeah, that's a costume all picked out.
Speaker 1: I don't but I watched Squid Games and now I want to go as a Squid Games character.
Speaker 2: Now I have a question. Yeah that is not for children, is it?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, my kids were watching it the other day new.
Speaker 1: Big, no, big, yikes, huge, yikes.
Speaker 2: Actually I walked downstairs into the slumber party and I saw the guys with the red helmets on, and I'm like, what do you guys watch?
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, no, no, no, no, no, they know. Yeah, you should really intervene. Really yeah, Okay, there's some not great stuff going on in that show.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna have to look into that.
Speaker 1: How old thirteen? Okay, but Coomber.
Speaker 2: May have been there too, she's ten. I don't know if she was with them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When did I watch my first rated R movie? I can't even think. Maybe I was like, yeah, it's probably their age. I would say it's rated R movie material.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what rated R movie stuff now is very different than rated our movie stuff when we were kids, Like, was Caddyshack rated R? Probably was because there was no PG thirteen when that came out. It was either PG or R. Yeah, so I think it was R because there were boobs in it and that was the first set of boobs I ever saw.
Speaker 1: Because Airplane was rated PG and that was my first set of boobs that I saw, and it was.
Speaker 2: It really Yeah, so maybe like one boob shot is okay, but.
Speaker 1: Anything more than that. Back then, boobs were just boobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because I know that there's there's some kind of rule with movies that you're allowed to say F a certain number of times in a PG thirteen and then it becomes R. I don't know what the number is, but only one or two apps is fine, but if you keep doing it over and over again, then it's our Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean they have like a curse limit because a lot of PG thirteen movies now too, are also like I would say, back when I was growing up, would have been rated R. But now it's like like take The Avengers for instance, there's so much death and decapitation and they say certain curse words, but yet they'll be rated PG thirteen and everybody is allowed to go see them. But meanwhile, they have a movie that's rated R and it's like one set of boobs and one sex scene and they're like, no, kids can't see it, so they can watch people get decapitated. Yeah, but they can't.
Speaker 2: You know what, Our society is very like sexually.
Speaker 1: Like oh no, yeah, super taboo, and I don't get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Because honestly, at the end of the day, wouldn't you rather your kids probably watch a sex scene than have them watch someone get decapitated or like torn open?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know what that the decapitation will stay with them, yea forever. They remember that kind of stuff. Sex stuff. It's just like, you know, that's not gory or anything that they'll remember unless there's you know, unless you're into that stuff. But you know, it's just like, for instance, to maybe two three weeks ago, actually now, we're out riding our bikes on the bike trail and a guy coming toward us went to grab his cell phone out of his pouch that was in between his handlebars, and he did one of these and lost control and flipped over his handlebars and was laid out on the pavement. And so we stopped, and I had sawyer on my bike. My dog was running alongside of us, you know, so I was like, oh my god, you know, I said, actually hold this, and some rocky guy was jogging and he stopped. Also with no shirt the whole thing. That was another weird thing. But and this this dude was like gashed all over the place, and just like if he was not wearing a helmet, there would have been some gory stuff that you know, I did not need to see. So, you know, long story short, as we called the fire department. They came. They picked him up in the thing and he stood up and then he fell down because he blacked out. But it was you know, they took him to the hospital. But the thing is, though, and I try to explain to her, I'm like, that's what PTSD is. If you like, when you see stuff that is so gory or or whatever, it stays with you forever. Like if I would have seen that guy's head crack open, I'd be done. I'd be done. I would see it every night in my dreams, and I just like that. That's why I'm like, a you know, a blood guy. I can't I can't see that stuff because it stays with I'm sweating right now. I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that was like a little rambling towards the end because I think he got into your brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blood I did. It's my uh what is it called visa visa vagel or something like that. I have that.
Speaker 1: What it's a reaction that you get when visceral reaction.
Speaker 2: No, it's called visa visa vagel or something like that, visa vagel, visa yes, visa something my doctor told me. I have that. Like if when when you see or think about or stuff like that and you kind of get queasy, like really queasy visa vagel, I think whatever, I have.
Speaker 1: It because a bagel is a shop. No, no, no, how would you even spell this? I don't know it's a visa vagel reaction. You keep saying this like it's like I'm searching this and I'm not.
Speaker 2: Because I'm just saying. I'm saying it like I think it's spelled, but I have no idea. But in any event, that's how my upper lip is sweating right now. It's also hot in here.
Speaker 1: So hold on, what vasovagel syncope?
Speaker 2: Maybe what does it say?
Speaker 1: This is definitely it?
Speaker 2: What does it say?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's vaso vagel that syncope?
Speaker 2: Sure, I have.
Speaker 1: That occurs when if you faint because your body overreacts to certain triggers such as the site of blood or extreme emotional distress. It's also called neuro cardiogenic syncope.
Speaker 2: I have that times ten huh.
Speaker 1: So you don't give blood.
Speaker 2: I tried one time for the free Mets tickets and they jabbed my finger and as soon as they jab my finger, I started sweating. Yeah, and she's like, can't do this, sir, I'm sorry. I'm like, okay, good, thank you. I tried, try to be a good guy. There was a shortage and I tried to do it, but I couldn't. But I still got the Mets ticket, so that's very nice of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I'm a Red Cross volunteer, so I work the blood drives and it's actually funny how many people sign up and then go they do the little fingerprick to test your levels, and how many people get turned away and then they get mad at me, to which I say, I just scanned your license. I have no power over what the nurses tell you. If you want to come back and yell at me, I'll take it. I don't have the time. And b wouldn't you rather listen to medical advice versus from me saying oh yeah, they should.
Speaker 2: Have Andrew, don't you know that people don't want to listen to medical advice.
Speaker 1: Oh there was one time this woman yelled at me and was like, this is ridiculous. How are you running this place? Like, well, I don't that guy does.
Speaker 2: I just take your ID. Let me alone.
Speaker 1: Literally, the only thing I do is scan your ID and ask if you did a rapid pass legit. The only thing a Red crossier does are.
Speaker 2: You sure you're not putting chips into their ID? So you can follow them around and.
Speaker 1: Listen if there are The cool part about it is you get like a scanner. It's almost like self checkout. Oh I love it so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, I feel like I'm a good person slash bad person because I it was years and years ago where there was the story on the news where this little boy had whatever disease it was and he needed a bone marrow transplant and it was very touching story. You know, those things really get me. So they were having a bone marrowed swab right down the street the police by the police station. I think we was there, and I was like, I'm going to do it. I'm going to do it. And I went and they swabbed me or whatever they had to do. And then after that I read how painful the extraction actually is when you need to do that, and I don't know you hear different stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's many different types of bone marrow type of like a extractions, Like we think of it as the super surgical one where it's like you're out and it's bad and they have to put the needle and I'm not going to go any further. Yeah, but a lot of it is all can be very simple and it's not super invasive.
Speaker 2: You're right there, My visa vagel will kick in and I'll be out like a light.
Speaker 1: So as your visa vagel, I can't whatever it can't anyway. No, honestly, I'm a bone marrow. I'm on the bone marrow list. I donate blood, and I'm also an organ donor. You're a good guy, say just writ me open. I'm an organ donor. It's all my license. Yep.
Speaker 2: I like the little logo. That's why I got it.
Speaker 1: I pretty much say, if there's something I can do, you could take it.
Speaker 2: Look if I'm in some crazy car wreck one day and they can't save me and my heart can go to somebody else, take it.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you You're I'm always confused. I'm not going to say it what I'm always confused what they do with eyes.
Speaker 2: The people that are blind can see? Again? What I think?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, Scott. I feel like that would be a cure for blindness. Why wouldn't they just take people.
Speaker 2: All the time, throw people in the alley and gouge their eyes out of the get out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds very dystopian society. I don't think we're there yet.
Speaker 2: I mean, it might just be like a cornea or a lens or something like that that they need that can help somebody that maybe has cataracts or something like that. That's possible.
Speaker 1: So can you watch blood on television?
Speaker 2: I don't like what show were we watching? We've been watching American Rust on Showtime like it And some guy got beaten the head with a pipe or something like that in a mill and they showed the autopsy. I was like, oh, and then they started cutting them open and I was out, Well, don't watch squid games then not planning? Is there is some blued on that one? No, I'm not a fan. Yeah, so there's that. Have you watched Ted Lasso yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Please, I'm begging you to.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm watching an anime called Neon Jennifhysis Andrew. Once I'm done with that one, I have to go back to Game of Thrones and I'm going to do ted last own Game of Thrones together.
Speaker 2: You're very ted lasso ish. Yeah, I think you are. I think so, kind of like goofy and like what you you are. Just grow a mustache and you can be that for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well I got how many more days?
Speaker 2: Two weeks?
Speaker 1: I actually have a picture of myself with ted Lasso. He just has this one, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just seventies porn mustache.
Speaker 1: I grew when I did the no shave November.
Speaker 2: Oh that's coming up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Should I do that? Any will not allow it?
Speaker 1: I could do it.
Speaker 2: I would have to sleep in the basement for the month.
Speaker 1: I would do it again. Yeah, it was fun. It's nice to see yourself.
Speaker 2: But is it no shave anything or is it just mustache November? Right?
Speaker 1: It's no shave November.
Speaker 2: Okay, it used to be November.
Speaker 1: Right, you are correct. Hold on, I have a picture of myself with a porn stash.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got three minutes before my meter runs out, So we're gonna have to cut it short. Andrew, hold on, hold on, Yeah, you know what. I can't grow like a full beard. I can't.
Speaker 1: Like that's me with a porn stash.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yep, nightmares, nightmares. Yeah, that's rude. What was that from?
Speaker 1: That was from No Shave November? Oh that oh that's right as I was shaving it. Oh so can you can shave everything else, but just not the mustache? No, cuz like, oh, you don't grow hair here anyway?
Speaker 2: You have a hole?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got I got a pair of Propecia. Yeah that was alopecia. Wow, look at that. Yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: If you're watching this on YouTube, you'll see.
Speaker 1: It's clean shaven. You'll see how I am now.
Speaker 2: All the phases of Andrew's hair, facial hair. So you seem like the kind of guy where you'll shave today and tonight you'll have a shadow again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that's let me tell you something. I don't know what that's from and know what's happening too. I just noticed it. I have a line here that is also from my alopecia. All right, Yeah, so I got this one the patch, and then I got this one which is just now, like it looks like I cut myself. You I got into a knife fight.
Speaker 2: You just lookedlash. My old barber he used to like here cockrock and then they was blind and like the one guy was like eighty years old and his hand would shave and he couldn't see anymore, but he was still given haircuts.
Speaker 1: Yep. That was my barber, Lou. And then when I went home one day and my sideburn was up to here and the other one was all the way. Yeah, yeah, I was like, I don't think I can go to Lou anymore.
Speaker 2: I had to stop going to the barber shop for a while because it was the kind of thing where you know, you'd walk in they'd be like all right next, and You're like, oh, damn it, I don't want him. You know, there's like six barbers, and you know, I don't like to make people feel bad. I never did, especially the old guy. So I'd be like, okay, Gus, I'll get your haircut from you, you know, and and it was everything was always lopsided. So now with COVID, thankfully, you can schedule appointments. So I now schedule appointment with the barber.
Speaker 1: I like the best yeah, no, it helps. Yep, for real, How the way was this episode?
Speaker 2: This episode is thirty two minutes and I have two minutes and forty seconds left on my meter. So let's end this. Let's take our serial killer's picture, and let's get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds great.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to bold Chat. We do appreciate you. Please follow us on all social platforms. Yeah, serial Killers PC.
Speaker 1: Tweet us your topics as well. Also on serial KILLERSPC dot com. I don't know if you know this, but if you go to like, I think there's a tab that you can submit your questions or comments or concerns too, So like you could submit some fun bowl chat topics because we need bowl Chat topics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please do that. Somehow we get to thirty minutes every week, but it's boring because we just talk about nothing.
Speaker 1: I know people love it. Okay, so submit some questions for us. We'll answer your questions and yeah, who.
Speaker 2: Knows Andrew until we see you on Monday with a new serial Killers in next Wednesday with a new bowl Chat. Say clink, please click clink.
Speaker 1: And we're done.
Speaker 2: All right, I got a pee