Speaker 1: Thanks real, welcome to Busting with the Boys. I was just talking to our one of our fearless Workerman leaders, a videographer, Jack McPherson, about his new segment shout out, no free shout out out of the week, and I think we're just a little too much language though, right, boys, But we're gonna go shout up, shout out of the week, shout out of the week, and I think you guys are all gonna enjoy it. The boys are going to take part. But before we get into that, we need to talk about something very important. And I had a little adversity before we got on the pod with UH. I like it when my timers up and the timer wasn't up and JP really let me down on that. But now Jack, taking the reins from JP, said go to Google and put the thing in so big shout out and no free shouts to Jack, it's not part of the segment. But we are not gonna have any adversity with this particular presenting sponsor of Busting with the Boys, and that is the Chevy Silverado, all right, the most durable, reliable vehicle on the road. Chevy is as strong and dependable as a people that drive them. Chevy Silverado Moderaten advance the ton of grit, a partner in getting things done, especially when it comes to the heart and soul of the pickup truck, which is the bed. With the Silverado, you get the most functional bed of any competitor.
Speaker 2: That's any competitor.
Speaker 1: You start listening to those those slappies down the line, in your mind, they can't touch it. Best in class standard cargo cargo volume. The inner gate folds to a large step for easily getting in and out of the bed right and these hurt a little bit. Hips hurt a little bit, back hurts a little bit. You've had a tough day the work. Still it needs to get done, easy in and out. My baby's available industry first power up, down tailgate. Everyone's got the down. Everyone thinks they're they're dope for that, but they don't have the up. And then you gotta waste your time. You get back in your driver's seat, you're like, damn bro, and so you got to open the door, back up, walk around, get to that tailgate. You got to put it back up. With the Chevy Silverado, you don't have those issues anymore available. Oh I just said that, so I'm not gonna say it again. Or the available multi flex tailgate we've been telling you about with six convenient configurations. When I get two sea big words with me, I have a tough time with it.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: This makes the best bed of the Silverada. Wait all, this makes the bed of the Silverado work harder and smarter. Silverado. It's strong, advanced, dependable, and hard working. Now, listen, boys, I think that went fantastic. I don't want to thank you. I appreciate that. One for the boy, one for the boy. And you're wondering, where's where's Will? Where's Will Compton at? Where's where's the guy with the most beautiful teeth at this side of the Mississippi, the man who's powering through possibly a year or ten in the NFL, A man that gives his heart and soul of this podcast every week. And there's only really one answer for that. It's because we're still on Baby Watch Baby wach here we go, baby baby baby.
Speaker 2: What that's right?
Speaker 1: Will Compton Compton and Charles Compton used to be called Bishop is still waiting on their beautiful little girl, which he has not told me the name of yet, which is kind of frustrating. He has not had that child yet, and we're going down the road. I know what moms are thinking right now. Anyone who's had a child before, they know that last month, and I'm looking in the back to a bunch of guys that don't have kids that last month. Every week, another pound comes, another pound comes, and it's a little stressful.
Speaker 2: You're uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: You got that U Sha pillow that maybe Will stealing because I sold that from my wife because that's a good snuggle buddy. And it's at this point you're just so uncomfortable. You've got nothing to do with it. It's so frustrating. Listen up, I'm sure, and I'm hoping to god. It's Monday right now. Let's hit the Wednesday. When Wednesday hits, hopefully that baby is born, healthy, happy, mom's safe. Will gets a good old fashioned crying and we can all celebrate with him on our social media platforms of our choosing. Speaking of social media, YouTube, you guys have absolutely murdered it. The Brandon Show YouTube video came out and Will's got all the numbers all the time, and he bounces it back and forth, barstol because he's the numbers guy, he writes stuff down. I'm not a big numbers guy writing stuff down, guy, But the YouTube, the numbers, we're in the six figures. Boys, we're in the six figures right now. And that's a big deal. And it's all the viewers. We wouldn't be anything without you, guys, right, be a couple dipshits to sit in here talking about god knows what while no one listens to us. What you need to do to keep this train going into the stratosphere. The train is a bad one, getting this rocket ship to shoot into the atmosphere is I need you to go to YouTube, go to your audio, which everyone whether it's Spotify, Apple. That's the best thing about us, baby, We're everywhere. We're absolutely everywhere. You need to go subscribe and then do a little secret unsubscribe and resubscribe and you doing that along with the comments, the engagement following busting on Instagram, on we have Facebook, correct Facebook, we have a TikTok too, we hat a Twitter, all of those things, you guys follow engage. It just helps the numbers go up, It helps more. I seeing it. It's a shameless ask, is what it is. But I'm over here just a man on having a prey right now, hoping to God that you guys pick it up. Maybe it goes in your ear and it comes out your mouth and onto your fingertips and you go ahead and do those things for us. We love you guys so much it's unbelievable. Now we have a new little fun segment for you guys this week, a little cough, a new fun segment.
Speaker 2: It's called shout Out of the Week, no free shoutouts. Now.
Speaker 1: The issue with shout Out of the Week no free shoutouts is every week's a new week, so there's gonna be a different person every single time. All right, that person you shout it out last week, you may no longer want to shout out. And here's the thing about this thing the bus is if you have an opinion about something being bang boom, baby, you can go back on that thing one to eighty and I'm sure we'll get to that someday. You know, your boy, I had to flip flop sides or you like I'm flapjacks.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I had them things a little crispy, and sometimes one's a little more cooked than the other. So let's start with shout out, no free shout out of the weeks, the sorry shout out no free shoutouts of the week. Let's go with the boys, Bloss, please hit me with your shout out no free shut out of the week.
Speaker 4: So my shot out of the week this week, I don't know if he saw me tweet about it was actually to George Kittle.
Speaker 2: Oh forty nine ers guy who would.
Speaker 4: Have thought, yeah, a little bias, little bias, Yeah yeah. And the reason being is I've never seen anybody take so much time responding to like all his fans and wishing them a happy birthday. You could go on his Twitter and just scroll on all the people he replies to and wishes them a happy birthday.
Speaker 2: So my free shout out goes to George Kittle, the George Kittle, everybody.
Speaker 1: George Kittle an amazing human being, an absolute talent on the field, a great guy, and the people signed in for a reason.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: He's out there.
Speaker 1: He's only out there shaking hand kissing babies in public, but he's doing the same thing on the social media.
Speaker 2: And I love that about you, Bloss.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing. Way to stick to your roots on that JP. What do you got for us on the shout out and no free shot out of the week?
Speaker 6: Mine goes to not a person but a country.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, I would like to shout out in Japan Japan.
Speaker 6: One okay, one for the cuisine.
Speaker 2: All right, got a love.
Speaker 7: They dropped the video, the full audio video of Will Smith and Chris Rock.
Speaker 1: Hey, shout out Japan, shout out Ja, the country of Japan. Man, absolutely unreal. Got a little shaky with them back in the thirties and four or forties.
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now we're back, Baby, We're back because you want the whole video. A wild deal, the the Will Smith thing, Chris Rock. We'll get to that in a little bit. Outstanding shut out, no free shot outs of the week, dak What do we got for your shout.
Speaker 2: Out of the week? My boy?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Mine's not a person nor a country, but an activity.
Speaker 2: Oh we're just gonna hit them all today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. I think that should be the thing too with this.
Speaker 5: It's not just specific to one aspect of life for a person, but mine is eating.
Speaker 2: Out alone.
Speaker 1: Solid.
Speaker 5: Last night I went hit up a local spot, Nobles in the East, got out in the wings, got a couple of beers and just you know, enjoyed the silence of myself and all yourself. It's just kind of one of those things you take it back and you know it's just is a beautiful feeling. There's nothing else to describe it. So, yeah, shouting out, no free shout outs, eating alone.
Speaker 1: God, eating alone is something special too. He used to go back in the days at Benny's, no free shoutouts and ann arbor a little breakfast on Saturday mornings, nursing that little hangover and have a little time to yourself, eating them grits, eating them potatoes, eating them them eggs. The fire deal recharges the batteries. That's a great shout out, free shadowt of the week. Yeah, you gotta get right with yourself where you can get right with the world.
Speaker 2: No question. Hey, I love that, Hey shout out. Oh that's that's stabbor clapper.
Speaker 1: But we're stapping and clapping and for the jack on that one. And ideas man an ideas. Man I like it. Garrett, What do you got for your shout out? No free shadout of the week.
Speaker 8: All right, my free shot out is going to go to the poll. The premiere Lacrosse League for joining ESPN. Oh yeah, it's pretty big news. Big news in two thousand and one the first oh bluss tell me to scoot back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, scoop back a little bit. Hey, I'm all right, Okay, think about Garrett, folks, he.
Speaker 1: Gets more beautiful. He is boss wants them to get back a little bit.
Speaker 8: I like that, all right, So shout out to the Premier Lacrosse League because in two thousand and one the MLL was a thing, but nobody knew that there was professional Lacrosse's beautiful. We've now joined ESPN to say we like I'm no, I did it?
Speaker 1: Hey once a lacrosse are always a cross are my right? Oh that's a stutter in the words, but go ahead.
Speaker 8: But no, it's a big deal. All forty seven games will be on ESPN. So tune into ESPN this spring and watch the best sport on two feet.
Speaker 2: God outstanding.
Speaker 1: Just a bunch of men with sticks and balls chasing each other around an absolute jaw dropping eat about it here time you step onto la crossfield, it's unbelievable. The hacking, the chirping, it's basically hockey on your shoes, yeah, on grass on your grass on your shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Right, We're not grounding, we're not barefoot out there, but it's outstanding.
Speaker 2: Hey, shout out, no free.
Speaker 1: Shoutouts lacross everybody, just the entire sport. You guys in the Northeast are absolutely loving that one right now. And obviously I'm the last one on this bus moment of sound, for will not be able to do the first shot out of the week.
Speaker 2: He will be missed.
Speaker 1: However, my shout out came last night and I know we're all we're going to talk about it in a second, and I'm not picking sides here. I might pick sides swords to this thing because I'm a flip floppy bastard, like we talked about earlier. But a shout out to Chris Rock for absolutely taking the most disrespectful thing you can possibly get in your entire life, which is an open hand slap from another man. All of us here have been once in our life punched, pushed, or poke and when you are any of those things, there's a fire that burns inside you. I don't care if you're beata, I don't care if you're out for somewhere in between, every time you feel that feeling, it's like I'm gonna kill somebody right now. I want to absolutely murder this person. Will Smith definitely has taken a punching class or something like that. He had two feet strongly sturdily on the ground. He wound up quick, but he came fast. That man in his fifties has the fast twitch of a cat.
Speaker 2: It was unreal.
Speaker 1: Chris takes this thing like an absolute movie scene, hits it, kinks back and comes and he just goes. Will Smith slapped the shit out of me. Now here's where the shoutout actually comes in for me, the fact.
Speaker 2: That my man ate it.
Speaker 1: Blood's boiling right now right, I don't know what temperature it boils at, but it's definitely at that Fahrenhearer self Celsius.
Speaker 2: Will Smith walks away. He is rattled. He doesn't know where to go with himself.
Speaker 1: Then the man Will Smith says to him, keep my mind my wife's name out your fucking mouth. Not once, but twice. He doubled down on that thing, and this man handled it. I won't talk about your wife anymore. Stuttered through the documentary the documentary, and then he rattled through the Netflix joke, which we all probably would have loved if there wasn't just an absolute assault case happening right in front of us. But ate it was a professional and got to the next frame, got to the whole thing what he was there to do, which was present the documentaries.
Speaker 2: So shout out to Chris Rock with absolute scud on eating that. And I feel like that's a decent pivot voice.
Speaker 1: I want to get a couple of reactions, and I want a little back and forth here if he could what we just talked about, whose side are we taking right now? I know lost in the back, he's thinking that's a salt brother. He's a cop. You know, he'd have his ass pinned down pepper strate in no time. Right, Cuff him the bad way too, you know what I'm saying. You don't even lock that thing. So he jiggles around a little bit and gets a little tighter, which happened to the Fred Taylor podcast, which will you will hear in just a moment.
Speaker 2: But Gary, you got the mic first, Let's see what you think.
Speaker 8: I'm not picking sides, but back to your form on Will Smith's little right, Yep, he did play Ali in a movie in two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: There it is. That had to be the reason why. Right is I am legend?
Speaker 3: So he is?
Speaker 1: And then man, he's tactical in that movie as well. Right he's a blind guy in that movie. Right, you got to have your senses. I'm taking fly Is I am legend?
Speaker 2: No? No, I'm legend. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking Book of VLI, which was Denzel Washington.
Speaker 3: That's on me.
Speaker 2: Boys, both great actors, both great actors. And I'm not upset with my fault at all in that one.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, I'm taking sides, and I'm.
Speaker 3: On Chris Rock.
Speaker 5: Chris Rock, it'd be different if he'd laid a joke down that was like really disrespectful, but it was an al a piece of joke, like you don't have hair, you have a condition, you can't go hair. That's gonna warrant you coming in and slapping a grown man on Like it just seems a little soft for me, and like we were kind of talking about it before here, but Will Smith's kind of been on.
Speaker 1: This roller coaster for the last two years, not just not just himself but him and his wife as.
Speaker 5: Well, literally, and she's done nothing to respect him. I mean, she's you know, been cheating and doing whatever, Yeah, entanglements, and then all of a sudden he's out here defending her honor.
Speaker 2: It just seemed a little shaky.
Speaker 5: So but yeah, the way that Chris Rock handled himself just kind of took a moment was like that happened, and he's like, all right, well, we're gonna move on. And true professional cannot wait for his next stand up to come out because it's gonna be probably a heater.
Speaker 1: So it's probably gonna be a heater. Yeah, the greatest ninth in television.
Speaker 2: Absolute.
Speaker 1: He said that, I think that you gotta give a shout out too to Will Smith going on winning what Male Actor of the Year, And yeah, he listened. His two minutes and thirty second speech was a little shaky. That plane was tough to land. I'm not sure he really did land it, but damn he got up there, tears in the eyes. You know, his emotions are all over the place. He knows he messed up a little bit by doing that. Right, you want to defend on her, there's a lot of different ways to.
Speaker 2: Go about it.
Speaker 1: Probably shouldn't open the Handsmack a guy at all but you know, when there's a live performance going on one of the biggest nights in all of movies and entertainment, probably not the best time to do it.
Speaker 2: JP, what side are we on, baby, I kind.
Speaker 6: Of have a I'm kind of on the side of maybe it was fake.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, I leaned up in the steed on that one.
Speaker 3: I just think.
Speaker 7: I mean, like, Jack was saying so much stuff has happened with his wife that he's never come at somebody, and then this happens, and it's like, you're that room is full of the best actors in the world.
Speaker 3: True, So you roll up there.
Speaker 7: The Oscars ratings have been down, it's been a mess, and then now everyone's buzzing.
Speaker 1: Oh, the boy's got a bit of a conspiracy theory going on right now. And let me scratch in the back of my head thinking about that.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, the deal depends the only reason I think it might be real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I can understand that. But him is dropping a couple f bombs in that thing too. It's gotta be tough to think that that was fake. It's got to be tough. The propisia thing, or what is it, propicia alopecia Propicia's when you save the hair, right, I think there's a pill you can take. Will's been looking, he's been googling the whole thing. He's been going, Hey, you can't shoot the boy down one. I mean, what am I doing, dude? What am I doing?
Speaker 2: Right now? That's terrible?
Speaker 1: But I think you know, listen, she might be super insecure about it. I'll tell you what. What's her name, Jada. She's a gorgeous woman. Hair, no hair, wig, no wig, beautiful woman. She's an outstanding bone structure. Unless she's got a glow to her. I don't think she should be upset about the no hair. I think she looks phenomenal. Yeah, she used to be a tupac. I did not know that. Here you go, baby, you're making history two times in a row, right, and well about a thirty year difference. Wait to stay on the map, honey. I love it to death, Bloss, give us. I want two things from you, Bloss. I want to know whose sides run as a pedestrian. And I want to know what you're asked to know and if you if you are in badging uniform in LA that night last night, so.
Speaker 2: Shout out to my buddy Corey Coy, Yeah to elaborate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he had.
Speaker 4: He had a cool quote that I kinda that I kind of took and I uh, I like reworded. It was like, people will judge you for what you did, but not what happened to you that made you snap. I'm not saying that it was okay to handle that situation that way, but it's something to think about. People want to talk about, you know, what exactly happened, and.
Speaker 2: I like that they don't want to talk about.
Speaker 4: The underlining issues and what got him to that point. Something had to get him to that point, the snap, knowing that the world is watching on that stage and knowing that his acting career could possibly never be the same. So the human side of me is thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to that point, real quicke before you jump on the police part, you know, when they showed him first, he did the g I, Jane two, Joe Chris Rock. Did they pan over to Will Smith and Jada and he's got the smiles on. He's got them pearly whites in the air, right and he's smile and laughing. That's a good sure, he likes it because that's what we're doing, right, We roast people a little bit. Whether it's the SP's the Oscars, that's kind of the deal. Now, something must have happened in a transition where he looked at his wife.
Speaker 2: She was mad. Maybe maybe she said go do something.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm not putting wounds in his mouth, right, I'm not putting words in his mouth. But I understand. I understand that quote, and I like a little. I like that on a Monday, that's nice, and for you listening, that's on Wednesday. But from a police officer standpoint, what do you got from me? Bib Oh, that's the definition of assault right there.
Speaker 3: So what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna make Are you gonna escalate the situation and go a restaum right there? You're gonna wait till he closes, get a couple ushers to grab him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean in that in that moment, you just you gotta know where you're at. You gotta know kind of what's going on. You're not gonna go up on stage and you're not gonna arrest him or do anything like that, because first of all, he's got to want to prosecute and knowing Chris Rock, He's probably not doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he said he came out and said he was not doing your team Chris for.
Speaker 5: That because he's like, you know, he might have crossed the line, might have crossed the line and probably understood that and took that smack to the mouth and still was like, nah, I don't it's We're good.
Speaker 3: You know, that's a man's man.
Speaker 2: So that's a man's man.
Speaker 1: Huh do you think do you think at any other point they go settle in the back alley or something like that? Maybe them too, because I Will Smith got a head and shoulders over that guy, you know what I'm saying. Usually the comedians are the next pay per view fight. I like that rough and rowdy. Maybe Jake Paul puts one of those things on. Hell, Dana White might even jump in right in the UFC. Get something done there, send him over to Japan. Hit one of those little deals.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Get some sushi, carve up with the rice, get the protein with the fish, and have that in a kickboxing tournament or whatever they do of their no disrespect. Listen, I love the shout out, no free shadow of the week, boys, I think you all did a phenomenal job. Bloss thank you for giving us a little insight as a police officer. We talked about the Chevy Silverado. Now it's time to talk about what we're about to get into on this pod. That's Fred Taylor. One more shout out for Fred Taylor. I think he was outstanding. Obviously, you guys know Fred Taylor from being Will's words, not mine, the greatest Jacksonville Jaguar of all time. Now, this man during COVID or right before COVID, decided to do a thing with imathlete when Pivot was on before him Channing and well RC wasn't a part of Iomathlete, but Channing was, and they kind of dove into that. If you guys want to listen to that podcast after you've done listening to this, you're more than welcome to and tell us what you think. They're a part of Iomathlete and they broke up for whatever reason your opinions and decided to do a thing called the Pivot. Now these boys are blowing up. Shout out to the boys. I know we're clapping a lot this episode, but there's a lot of love to give out on this beautiful Wednesday morning, Fred comes on, talks about his times in college, talks about him taking the bag from Georgia and dipping on him go Gators, giving him them the chopp as he cruised out of there. Then we hit a little bit of what it was like in the NFL. I'll tell you right now, I think the man's a party animal. When he was out there, he had two of his best games he's ever had. One of his biggest regrets was maybe I guess in turn drinking too much and cramping too much before a game. But that's in the NFL. You know what I'm saying, that you don't do ivs at halftime at that point. Maybe it's you guys for being a little bit behind. You know what I'm saying, Maybe I should jump up a little a little more progressive on IV therapies and making sure the body's right. Also on Fred for drinking as much, But the man could have had a single game or record. Am I right for the rushing? If I'm getting that right or wrong? Talk about his favorite guests he'd like to have on or his wishless guests he'd like to have on his podcast, And let me tell you right now, there's gonna be some people listening on here that's going to have a couple opinions on that thing, right because it gets a little political, and we choose not to do that. I'm busting with the boys. Why because some of you guys watching our demies, some of you guys watching our repuppies. And at the end of the day, we're all just lovees, am I right, We're all just trying to love these that's all we're trying to do, boys and girls. And if I start picking sides with you, you might think different than me, and vice versa. I'm not a big opinionated guy. I kind of am, but not in this sense. So if you if you guys listen up, I think you're have a phenomenal time on this podcast. I think you're gonna have a rollercoaster of emotions the entire time. And I hope you enjoyed this intro. Without our boy wil Compton, we're still on Baby Watch, Baby.
Speaker 2: Watch, one more time, Baby Wash.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 1: We just want to do a little more chap for the boy because we love them that much. Big hugs, tiny kisses, please enjoy Fred Taylor, all Right, we have to break up this little deal right here for just a second, because we got to pay the bills, honey, and you guys are the ones helping us pay the bills. So if you're mad at anybody who met, at yourself, but before you get mad at yourself, do us a favor on the YouTube, on the Spotify, on the Apple, on the Twitter, and everything else, and go ahead and subscribe, unsubscribe, and then resubscribe to everything that we happen to be doing.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Icon Pass, you know your boys never snowboard in his life. I'll let you know that right now.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to, but unfortunately, with football the way things work, I cannot wait to get on the slopes. But for those of you that do it, all starts now. Icon Pass is on sale for the twenty two to twenty three season. It's time to keep the stoke alive. Seek us season of fun in the mountains and do yeah across fifty the best key destinations in the world. It said, why ewww, So I had to make sure that happened to my right. When you claim this multi destination pass, you're dropping into a celebration of joy in the mountains. Whether it's the immediate spring access, hooting and hollering down your favorite runs next season, or connecting with a crew for an afternoon brew. There's always an adventure for how you ride. New pass options have been added into the mix. That is a beautiful thing. You're able to add the pass options in there, more bang for your bucket. I'm about to tell you about that right now, because icon Pass is that I can I curse. I don't know if I can curse, but I'm gonna do it anyway. That's shit, my boys. Starting only two forty nine adult, the icon Pass Session two Day and the icon Pass Session three Day offer a range of affordable entry points, furthering the flexibility and availability for riders of all means and styles to experience this family of unique worldwide destinations. Explore past options at icon Pass, com enjoy everybody. That's a beautiful thing, and jump right back into that podcast. Is you know what you guys want to watch?
Speaker 9: I fuck with whistle pig Bourbon. Yeah yeah, I do a nice little old fashion with that. So those are dope. Those are pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's whisky, your your go to.
Speaker 3: I drank everything a boy. I don't want to sound like I'm a lush, but I drank.
Speaker 2: Every Yeah, what's a lush?
Speaker 3: You know? You fucking drunk? Or wine or alcohol? Oh, an alcoholic for any of it?
Speaker 9: Like yeah, Like I can go to a party and I'm like, yo, like what do you gotta drink? What do you want to drink? Give me a hit and scene and code? Now we ain't got in thee. Give me Vodki and something. Now we ain't got vodka. Give me some now we got that. Give me some wine. Now we ain't got that. I'm gonna drink whatever.
Speaker 1: What bar are you going to that doesn't sell those things?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: We got that ever clear.
Speaker 3: You take a dude about, Hey, we just got everclare.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: Let me get I ain't fucking with that. You get a chaser with that.
Speaker 9: If you go through these uh uh charity events, Yeah, it ain't top shelf all the time. It's just some stuff to get the people through, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then a lot of times at the charity events like we don't have that, we don't have that, all right, give me you know whatever.
Speaker 3: The I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually you gotta do.
Speaker 3: I'll drink jack.
Speaker 2: That's that college lifestyle in college. You kind of just drink.
Speaker 3: Whatever because you ain't had no money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're.
Speaker 1: Drinking a beer at one point. Then all of a sudden there's a big bull of something, right, and you're drinking that. It's a way that's a blue color.
Speaker 3: Right. The next time, you got bodcast and you'd make up some.
Speaker 1: God hunch punch yes, and you wake up the next morning like we're good.
Speaker 9: So my uh my senior year, Jack Quais Green, and we was getting ready to go pro.
Speaker 3: So all of the other guys they were there. Nobody had money.
Speaker 9: But we ended up going to South Carolina get our our advance from our agent, the guy we signing went. We did like a fifty thousand advanced. Damn drove up to We flew to Carolina almost died. The plane was like that. It was like that. We got there a day. We went to a spot was byob You go in there, you see as tips, which you had to bring that, right, So we we we lined that all up. We went back to Gainesville by the cash. You know, we were we were rich at that time. Yeah, we were good.
Speaker 2: Hey, you see fifty thousand dollars now, holy ship, right.
Speaker 9: So all of our boys We ended up throwing a big like this big old pool party. Drinks, strings, strings, we had everything. But then we end up getting two bottles of ever Clear and make the little spike punch, the hunch punch with Hawaian punch, fire pineapples, you know, just putting, cutting fruit, throwing it and there just you can throw anything, throw it all in there.
Speaker 3: Right. So the drunkest best college party we ever had? What's that day?
Speaker 1: I got it in the sounds like it was a phenomenal time. The drunkest I've ever been was not a phenomenal time. No, no, it's terrible. You don't remember it. No, I remember party, I remember bits in pieces. It was a big deal. This girl tried, This girl got mad at me, and then her boyfriend wanted to fight me, but he didn't want to fight me, and he was about for me to jack and I thought he was real up close, so I swung on him and the trash hands swing up on the threw up on the porch. Yeah no, there was actually three and they like pop the trunk on this guy, and I'm like, oh fuck, but I you know, my buddy puts me in the car and the next morning I wake up, and I'm like, why are my pants all wet?
Speaker 2: Pissed the bed, and so I go back and I felt terrible. So I was like, like she woke up.
Speaker 1: The girl woke up at the morning, and I was like cleaning up where I threw up in their house.
Speaker 2: It was a house party.
Speaker 9: It wasn't like a the guy was gonna fight his girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, girl, it.
Speaker 1: Was his girlfriend's house party. And I threw up and then they tried to kick me out. And then, for whatever reason, I thought throwing up at a house party was totally fine at that point and I shouldn't be picked out. So I'm on the lawn and.
Speaker 3: It always goes on the lawn. That's you know what's bad.
Speaker 1: I'm on the lawn and I was fucking dude. It's like him and his three buddies turns out the dudes like a semi professional boxer. I'm about to get I didn't even know about it, and I see this cat.
Speaker 2: I'm fucking. I put a haymaker on this dude on the.
Speaker 1: Issue is just six feet away, So I fucking and then spin in a circle and knock out all their trash cans. It was a fucking deal man. Wow, I felt bad the next morning, hungover.
Speaker 9: You know it happens. It is college man college. Anything is legal.
Speaker 1: Just about that sounds a great yeah, sound like something like you got good.
Speaker 2: You sounds like you got some good college stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: College was the ship man. College was so fucking good man I went. I remember going into college my freshman year. I was the fastest gallon and team weird Flex the fastest galloned team and uh, I know right.
Speaker 3: And we went out for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Best holiday ever, keep going.
Speaker 9: Sorry, So we went out for Halloween. So our plans was to go out and just throw eggs all the frat houses. Yeah, bomb everybody with eggs. But instead of eggs, we were at the calf that day and they have these little that little small baby pumpkins the squash, you know, like the little ship that's just sitting around fun stuff. So we just stole all of them, just loaded up the bags with that. We went and bought like ten dozens of eggs. All of us went out. Ten of us went out and we went to all the houses, just walking around campus throwing eggs just.
Speaker 3: For the fuck of it. Are you guys hammered too? Were done? Yeah? Okay, So we walked through a few alleys.
Speaker 9: Anybody that walked past us, we just got the eggs and point blank smashed on the face.
Speaker 2: You're a bully, So you're a bully.
Speaker 10: We were just having fun, yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, just yoh.
Speaker 9: So it was a freshman just stupid guys from all different places, right, our freshman class. So we went out and uh, I guess someone called the campus police. We had dispersed. We all running. I got with this one guy, he was like a sophomore. Later on I found out that he.
Speaker 3: Was a guy that you don't want to hang with because he wasn't smart.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so we both hung We hid under a utility truck in the in the utility parking lot, like this parking lot. We got on the truck opsing by tops right, but he was like, ah, here's cool, we can go away. The stadium was one hundred yards that way. We got out. We start walking. All of a sudden, you see a car company. It's the cop, this Campus Universe police. They pull out. We start running. I'm talking about him.
Speaker 3: Twenty yards away from the stadium, the fastest gowt on the team.
Speaker 9: I go down the hill. He went somewhere I went this way, I got freeze and I stopped.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: He put the fucking plastic cuffs on him. He was like, you're the rookie plastic yeah, the little ties yeah.
Speaker 3: On me.
Speaker 9: Man threw me in the back seat and he looked at me. He was like, you're the kid that was just one of the Gainesville son and all the magazines. You're at number one recruit Taylor right, Yeah, scupa.
Speaker 3: I already called it in. Coe Sperry was on the phone.
Speaker 9: All the guys looking down, the guys that got away, they're looking down from their dorm rooms in the stadium back in those times, and they're looking at me. I'm just sitting there like, yeah, very next morning, six am, I'm snaking the swamp from the bottom to the ninety ninth.
Speaker 3: Level.
Speaker 9: Yeah, three times. Coe Sperry did not play around with me. Long story short, I'm the fastest on the team. I'm the only guy that I got.
Speaker 2: How the fuck did that happen? That's wild. You were the not smart one. You told me I was very smart.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, you know I was following him, Yeah, because I knew he knew where to go.
Speaker 3: I hadn't even.
Speaker 9: Learned the campus quite yet, you know what I'm saying. So, and then back in those days, we had to come in and like early fall or summer b or whatever. Now they can go in the spring and get a whole you know, four or five six month head start, but back then we can only go in in July, August or something like that.
Speaker 3: But whenever you I wasn't the campus.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I follow him and then he went left, split second decision, I went right, like fuck that, you know, I was in front of him.
Speaker 3: I didn't know which way to go bo when I got caught.
Speaker 1: I feel like whenever you get to college, whether it's the winter time or the summertime, you still got that a three month period where you really don't know where shit is.
Speaker 3: You don't know anything, know anything. But Cottage was the best, though.
Speaker 2: Dude, college is the most fun.
Speaker 1: I would argue that high school football is the most fun because it's kind of like you're all on the same level kind of doing your thing. College you can't really beat it, especially I have a good class. We came in with, Like my class was like the same way. We all hung out together. We had a blast, we partied together.
Speaker 9: It was an awesome time I did something on every level though high school. I remember back in the day it was the last six sports. They used to get the top guys come down and film their games. And if you made last the sports like you were, you know, big big stuff. And they called my coach the day of the game and say they weren't going to make it.
Speaker 3: Broke my heart.
Speaker 9: So I decided to go out and drink as many forties as I can for the game we played.
Speaker 3: We were a two, A three, A class you know, class.
Speaker 2: Must have been a monster. This was my score some Teddies boys. Yeah, my serves man.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: It was old English eight that mold. And then I'm in Florida, so we didn't have forty ounce. We have just thirty two out courts, that's what they called them. So I had to drink three of them in order to be two forties, right, a little bit more than forties, right. So I remember the coach said, hey, no, they canceled, something happened with their travel arrangements. They're not going to come. I was like, all right, fuck it, you know, excuse can I I.
Speaker 2: Guess like, yeah, absolutely, incul.
Speaker 9: You know whatever, I'll see you guys when it's time to check in. I made it to the campus after three forties, got dressed, lined it up. I had three hundred and fifty yards on like fifteen carries, five touchdowns. Oh my god, Pit Central. I'll never forget the school man. They were pretty dope, you know, they were like five A. We were three A. Best game ever. I started drinking some more fucking forties the.
Speaker 2: Next no doubt. Did you just keep that going the rest.
Speaker 11: Of the year.
Speaker 9: Oh no, fuck no, that was it. That was that was the one and done. But it was It was dope.
Speaker 2: It was that kind of game on that kind of juice. Dude, you got to keep that ship rolling.
Speaker 9: You would think so, but yeah, nah, man, I was like, you know, screw scholastic sports. You know, this was the one and done. Then the playoffs was the next couple of weeks. I got a little bit more, you know, tucked in and serious.
Speaker 2: But you had a lot offers coming out of college, come out of high school.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 9: My first one was Tuskigee. As a sophomore, I played linebacker. I played linebacker my sophomore year and I actually got recruited by as a linebacker by the university of Miami. They were today forty five to fifty minutes away from home, too close tri decline to go to UM Plus. They wanted me to be a linebacker, but running back was my thing. I didn't know it at the time. It was just naturally a running back. And everybody offered me except USC and school by the way, one other school, But USC was the one that stood out the most because I wanted a letter from them because they had the same colors as my high school. You yeah, you know that's a big thing for high school guys, at least back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it probably still is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I decided, Uh, what was the coach John John Wooden ship?
Speaker 3: I'm not that funny.
Speaker 9: Basketball? Yeah, basketball, I forget his name. But either case, what's it Robinson or something?
Speaker 3: I don't know. But they didn't recruit I felt bad. Yeah, I wasn't gonna go to Calie. You just wanted them all. I just wanted them.
Speaker 9: I just wanted all of the schools, to at least the school from every state to recruit me. Yeah, but I committed to Georgia. They paid me a ship ton of money. They ended up going on probation.
Speaker 2: Hey, so I heard you correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 11: But I heard that Georgia left the Duffel bag of thirty thousand dollars. I heard it was fifty fifty thousand. I heard it was either way. You can correct us. But they left your Duffel bag to sign with them over Florida. You ended up choosing Florida and kept the double bag.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a Duffel bag, but it was. It was a it was a gang of cash man and uh, hey, thirty or fifty, it was up there. It was, it was.
Speaker 9: It was another zero, closer to fifty. It was closer to fifty. Uh And those are the days, man, It was the days. I would just go over to this guy's place and say, hey, I'm in West Palm, I'm visiting my mom.
Speaker 3: I'll come by my place.
Speaker 9: Two thousand and fifteen, three grand every time I went over, and I went over three four.
Speaker 2: Savage.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know any better.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 9: I took all of my guys with me. My best friends in college was four of us, and if you saw me, you saw them, You saw all of us dressed to like we had the same cakes. I was just blowing through that money like it was nothing.
Speaker 3: Man, I took care.
Speaker 1: Of everybody more together than Yeah, we were together, but he would together.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no.
Speaker 9: Like like busting on the bus or yeah bus. Yeah the boys now, but my guys were my guys.
Speaker 3: Man. I took care of him, you know. Yeah, we were all solid.
Speaker 9: And when I would go, he make sure I have something to take here, you say, take care of your buddies.
Speaker 2: You know, who is this man with some extra cash for on like that?
Speaker 9: You know, he's an amazing dude. You know, I don't even know if it's safe to even say his name now.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't all these years.
Speaker 9: Later, but he does so much great stuff in the community outside of that. But the college just knew that he was a guy that can take care Yeah, the players, you're good in the community.
Speaker 3: Up and coming, the up and coming athletes like he was. So I wasn't Drew.
Speaker 2: Did you sign with Drew coming out of college?
Speaker 3: No? I did not. Yeah, I'll get into that.
Speaker 1: It's mind blowing. We'll go, we'll pivot right back. But even signed with him, he saw that with the pivot, I saw that.
Speaker 9: I like that, that's dope. But I keep going. But actually I can't say his name it was mister Calloway, mister call Yeah, he's amazing, but I sip my game is garbage anyway. It doesn't matter what clubs I used. But mister Calloway, he was so amazing man. But he took care of the kids in the community right, and these colleges knew that he was the bridge to the players. So uh went under n C double A investigation for all that everything. I remember, the n C double A came to University of Florida and said, hey, we heard that you guys were taking money, myself, my childhood best friend Ridel Anthony.
Speaker 3: Who played at UF, A few other guys. I denied y. Then I did I deny at least that was my mindset.
Speaker 9: They said, uh, before you continue to go on, we just want to show you this and this and this photos of.
Speaker 3: You taking money of us over visiting mister calories. Man, what ended up happening is.
Speaker 1: The same outfits all we were right. How many times am I gonna try that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: So Georgia ended up going on probation for that. During those trouble, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Get any trouble. Florida didn't get any trouble. There's other schools that I visited didn't get any trouble. It was just Georgia that took the hit because they were paying the bucks. Actually Mixed State maybe yeah, some big cash can stay paid you. I was never going there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, why would At Michigan State probably about twenty grand.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's and you're really.
Speaker 3: In nineteen ninety four, I mean.
Speaker 2: Now schooler, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had seven hundred dollars my bucket at one time in high school, I thought, was a fucking man.
Speaker 2: Did you get that from college? You get that pail gram money?
Speaker 3: You think you made it? Bro? Money? Did you? Guys used to gamble with it too? No? I was smart, you know, for smart.
Speaker 11: You know all the fellers would be in there gambling their pail grand stuff away, and it's like, look at these idiots.
Speaker 1: Dude, you just got this money. Unless you win, Unless you win, you win, and it's all about that. But dudes get so mad because.
Speaker 11: You're in college, Like once you lose that money, that money is gone, Like that money's gone. He ready to fight, Like they get tight, like come on, let me win it back. Then they want to double and others tribble down. They're paying other sports.
Speaker 9: Now like now UF we had we had one guy is one guy got kicked out of school because they ended up getting them on drug charges. He was actually using his pel grant to buy weed and flip it.
Speaker 3: He ended up being a dope dealer.
Speaker 2: That really is a smart deal I mean, unless you get caught like.
Speaker 9: He lets you get caught, right, Yeah, certainly, unless you get caught. But but those days were it was something. Man, I didn't realize I was that good, even in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that I was that good.
Speaker 2: You kind of just you look back on your like, damn.
Speaker 9: Like fuck, God gave me so much talent, and I don't think I wasted it because I at some point I sort of matched the hard work with you know, everything else that you needed to take it to another level. But early on I just woke up on the fucking four two four three, like it was nothing.
Speaker 2: After some forties.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, easy, I'm beer.
Speaker 2: I'm talking beer.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: You know he was on it. He was on the whole time.
Speaker 11: If you legitimately argued like the most underrated player of all time, like would you put yourself in that category?
Speaker 9: It's unfortunately I guess I have to. But that's based on media standards, right, Yeah, if you line me up, if you go and talk to my home, link up with a little bit later. Keith Bullock, one of your guys here at Towns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bully.
Speaker 9: You know you talked to Bully, You talked to to to Ray Lewis, you talked to Ed Reid. You know you talk to Troy Popmhlu, Derek Brooks, Warren sapp name anybody that that was on defense. These coaches talk to coach Dungee, you know, the coach that was here. Talked to Jeff Fisher, you know, uh yeah, talked to Coach Coughlin, Coach Belichick. All these coaches that had the game plan for me. They knew what I presented on the field. They knew I was a problem. I'm sure they wouldn't say it was overrated. I mean underrated. But when you talk about the media accolades, Yeah, the accolades and the media and the timing of you know, from season to season and there you know those different accolades that carry each year. I missed a few of them, but my numbers were still just as good as some of the guys that received those nods in front of me. It's just I guess that's the nature of the markets in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Do you think the reason why you were you were overlooked in those ways with the same numbers because you're playing at a franchise that was so young.
Speaker 9: One, yeah, that that would that would be one for sure, you know. And another thing is you have I got.
Speaker 2: A call time out just real quick.
Speaker 11: You got this hair, and I just I've been staring it the whole time, and I just got to be a boy and oh.
Speaker 9: Wow, I've been you know, I had this fucking pivot. Thank you? What were we doing this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right? Cool? Yeah?
Speaker 9: But anyway, uh yeah, So one, being in the market, the market was wasn't great.
Speaker 3: It was a you know, not a great market, not a good market.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 9: And then when you're not winning, Yeah, when you're winning, it's easier to get those eyes on you. For my first two years we were winning, that was great. But then certain times, certain moments where I would be injured, right and uh, and then we're losing, so you sort of get swept under the under the rug and people sort of forget about you. And then and even other moments when I would go out there and bust my ass and do well. I just didn't put together back to back seasons doing that. So it's just the timing of that, the injuries along with the markets. Then you know, no one never really knew what I was capable of unless they were on the field finding up against me every sun.
Speaker 11: I think it's just crazy to look back on because you played thirteen years, you have like forty two records for the organization of Jacksonville, and you only had one Pro Bowl, one of which it was like an alternate, Right, Yeah, that was the fact. Does it like piss you? Did it piss you off at the time when you weren't getting the Pro Bowls? And when you look back, does it piss you off?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: Well? Yeah, I gotta keep it one hundred, which I always will. Yeah, it was some ship man. You know, I definitely.
Speaker 2: Trying to stay focused, right, No.
Speaker 9: Man, you know, you Bush, you got your work. You go out there and you know you give it. You're all man, You're laying it all out and uh, you know, these are the things you expect. At the end of the year. You look at other guys, you weigh yourself against what they're doing, and at the end of the year where you're not getting those calls or the votes, you're like, what's going on right now.
Speaker 3: I remember a few.
Speaker 9: Times where my nimbors were better than veteran guys that were getting voted in. But then someone was like, hey, these guys have been before. They're gonna get looked at first, before the younger guys or the rookies get looked Yeah, you know, so I had to you know, I took that hell that way. But then when you throwing the whole marketing, the market and the injuries, so I missed a few, but yeah, I was still pissed. I was pissed out myself, more so because of the injuries. I couldn't stay on the field.
Speaker 3: So later on I started figuring, you know, like why can't you stay healthy? I thought I was doing everything right.
Speaker 9: But you know, obviously hanging out three nights a week, going out, waking up to be a the stadium at seven eight o'clock. My output was still hot, you know, I was still performing on the high level. It's just that, you know, over the stretch of a few weeks, my body started breaking down, so I couldn't sustain no any consistency in the NFL. If you don't have consistency, you don't really have much. So with that, it's just the time. Like I said, I always go back to the timing of things, and at the point where when they do decide to vote on the Pro Bowls early December, my game always elevated from mid November to late December January, my numbers were a lot better than they were early in the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, asks me, why how? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really confusing stat because usually someone who takes care of their body usually has the best in the second half the season while everybody else is doing this right, You're kind of doing this right, right.
Speaker 9: But I started ascending more so towards the end of the season throughout my entire career, and it's one of the strangest things so which also put me, you know, I always wanted to, you know, talk to the voters and the most of the media guys, and hey, look, why do you vote for the Pro Bowl at the beginning of December?
Speaker 3: The season is not even over.
Speaker 9: Why can't it be as simple as taking the top three guys at their positions, whether it's you know, the running backs receivers statistically and just let those guys be the guys. Wouldn't that be easier? Then you take the whole voting and the market, you take all of that out of the equation.
Speaker 2: So what do you do with olfics a woman? Then that's tough. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I mean, but for still guys, it's easy to just lead it out or you know, you look at what the NFL's main agenda. They got to make money. They got to market the game, They got to market the players. Right, so when the game was in Hawaii, the best way to do it is you got to market the players. You want to take the players that you know, the fans are are very familiar with, and you want to send those guys over because all the Hawaiian people that were on the island, they weren't filling up the stadium. Yeah, you know, that was a game for you know, the people that live inland to visit the island so they can enjoy the game or enjoy the week long festivities.
Speaker 3: You know, before the Pro Bowl came along.
Speaker 2: Another tough thing about stats.
Speaker 1: The issue what that is is like if you have like a receiver, let's say he goes off to fifty. The next week he has forty six, right, goes off for one hundred and fifty the next week after that, and the next week, and then the next two weeks he has under one hundred. Like that's if you have high numbers, you could have six unbelievable games, right, And so the stats things kind of tough when you're saying it's like consistency is aba the most important thing to make the Pro Bowl?
Speaker 9: I think over the stretch of a back then sixteen game season, you know, the numbers say that they don't lie, right, Right, even if what you said, if you have a you know, a two forty and a fifty, that's still three hundred. Split that in half. That's one fifty average. That's a dope ass average. I'm taking that every week as it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but I think that's Henry's average.
Speaker 3: He's a monster, I mean, control, he's ridiculous.
Speaker 9: Hoping he definitely gets back healthy and do his thing on tract time, right.
Speaker 2: He's got two more years left, two more years.
Speaker 3: Hopefully he can hit it big.
Speaker 9: But you know, that's that's a whole nother conversation too, man, because it's about leverage. They look at the age, they look at wear and tear. He's a big guy. They probably gonna bet that he's not gonna be able to last, you know, so long. So I don't know if he can get the big, big check, but I'm hoping he does.
Speaker 2: You know, they're gonna run him. They're gonna get run him, and.
Speaker 9: They're gonna look at that, and they're gonna use that as an argument. Unfortunately, they're gonna use Look, you're taking three hundred plus carries a game. Even in this NFL, where's the past happy league. They're gonna say, Nah, were talking about crazy man, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I think the NFL is more diving back. It was so pass happy about I don't know, five, six, seven, eight years ago.
Speaker 2: And it's really the run game.
Speaker 1: The balance of offenses have really come into a thing where you know, the forty nine Ers, the Falcons us Jacksonville Baltimore runs a fifty two percent of the time. A lot of these team, these teams that are having success are really finding more of a balance right now. You have outlars like like the Chiefs and stuff like that, and I'm sure the Chargers are going to be all are that way but the run game is really becoming a thing. And what I would argue that if I was Derek sitting here arguing, well, you run it so much. Takeaway last year, which, by the way, I think he's still finished top ten and rushing only playing eight games, unbelievable. Yeah, top six. Yeah, Like he was number one for three weeks after two. Every single year he got stronger. He was like you were talking about you were he would get stronger. October would hit and he be like all right, and then November you be oh shit, and then December it's like you've been to watch the fuck out right, because he just he just takes care of his body and he just keeps fucking going. And if he is a year like he did two years ago when he hit two thousand and with seventeen games, got crazy to say, like, let's say, let's just say he beats the he beats the record as a franchise. You guys sit there and you got a you know that old Peter Griffin thing, Sir, here's the empty check, do whatever you want with it.
Speaker 3: Isn't isn't it crazy? Though?
Speaker 9: I mean, hopefully he can get back and show him that he's healthy and yeah to go and they can do right by him because I don't see any huge signings. You know that you guys have done even in free agency. You know you haven't done what these other teams are doing.
Speaker 3: They're cut check, they're stroking these one hundred million dollar deals on five years to have any eighty million guaranteed. I haven't seen that with you guys.
Speaker 1: Harrold got signed for eighty six million dollars deal, which is which is great.
Speaker 2: I think he was very deserving by the way, these fucks.
Speaker 11: Okay, that's vely we were able to talk about in.
Speaker 2: House Cat John.
Speaker 1: I think someone showed us has a history of showing homegrown guys and when they deliver, he pays them.
Speaker 2: Got it, Robert Woods.
Speaker 1: Now, a lot of people are a lot of people are upset because he hurd towards a cl November. And I'm not saying what he's going to do or not like that, because my my beginning of the year was tough, and they were saying, they were saying, but Dupree wasn't healthy until the end of the year. Receivers are a lot different, right right, Like OBJ looked phenomenal while he was coming off his a cl So I think he watching Robert wood was on film. The dude not only runs crispy routes and can get open and get some yak, but the dude blocks his ass off too, And so I think that's I think that's a bigger deal than people think.
Speaker 2: Hooper.
Speaker 1: We signed who's a two time Pro Bowlers with the Federals for a little bit and then with the Browns.
Speaker 2: I think he's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Our defense, they just played the way they did last year, I mean, and the offense. The offense, he can get back to what it was two years ago. I'm I'm I'm really excited about this football season. A healthy Derrick Henry and we're starting to put pieces. But I agree with you, we're not there's no like splash. We're not making splash things. But in a lot of times, John's never really done that. Like the biggest splash we've done was Julio last year, and before that, Kennyo was more.
Speaker 3: Of a name than what from the pocket.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think you opened the checkbook, you know, for Julio, But he's more of a big name, and I really thought he was going to come in here and do some damage in my fantasy. You know, on the other side, you got hearing in the backfield like, fuck, they're gonna get one on one on ones across the board. You gotta kill something. But you know that that's just the nature of the business. But I'm rooting for Derek, you know, I like him to stay healthy, show that is healthy because he deserves a big day, big payday. But myself, you know, it's just timing.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 9: Timing was one of those things man, and uh, it's unfortunate, but I was. I was bissed that I didn't make you know, uh a lot of Pro Bowls, but I still kept my faith, you know, my head down and I just want to compete once again.
Speaker 1: We must stop this thing for a another beautiful Edward. And this one actually excites me quite a bit because you remember the Super Bowl. We've all watched it, and a lot of part of the Super Bowl that we really enjoy is the commercials. Everyone loves, whether it's the Ritos commercials, the Pepsi commercials, the co commercials, everything in between. But one commercial in general really kind of threw off the all of society right kind of was new, the new up and coming thing going in our life, and that was the coinbas advertisement. It had that little QR code bouncing in the corner. And if you remember those old Mac Anddell computers back in the day, when the screensaver would come up, you were a dying for that thing to hit the corner and it didn't, but you thought every single time it was about to head to a corner, it was going to happen. If you're looking to try okay, let's just try again, do because I just read this and here we go. If you've been looking to level up your financial portfolio, it's always good to diversify. Why not think about cryptocurrency. Backed by the world's leading investors, Coinbase keeps your portfolio safe secure while adding crypto into the mix. Coinbase offers a trusted and easy to use platform to buy, sell, and spend cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: The user experience is.
Speaker 1: Top of the line and includes multiple resources to keep the user up to date on the crypto world. Okay, quick pause, I am crushing this ad read right now.
Speaker 2: That was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So if you guys like that, maybe do some cryptocurrency right because we're a feeling a little bit lucky right now. They support the most popular digital currencies on the market and make them accessible to everyone. They offer portfolio management and protection, learning resources, and a mobile app so you can trade securely and monitor your crypto all in one place. Whether you're looking to diversify, just getting started, or searching for a better way to as the access to the crypto market, start today with Coinbase.
Speaker 2: That was unreal.
Speaker 3: Oh we have another one.
Speaker 1: Oh there's a call to action, and I don't think I did read this one, so I might get.
Speaker 2: A little shaky. Let's land this thing for a limited time.
Speaker 1: New users can get ten dollars in free bitcoin when you sign up today at coinbase dot com slash busting. Sign up at coinbase dot com slash bussing for ten dollars in free bitcoin. This offer is a limited time only, so be sure to sign up today. That's coinbase dot com slash and Now, before you jump onto the episode, I know we hit that once before, the thing before in the in the ad where I need you to do one more time, right, hit that subscribe, Go tell a friend, right, we'll do the pay it forward. You tell one friend, you tell two friends, They tell two friend They till two friends, they till two friends, and all of a sudden, we're ruling the world in subscribers. We're rating five stars left and right, whether it's Spotify, whether it's a YouTube, whether it's Apple TV, whether it's Twitter, whether it's Facebook. Hey, hit everything you want and we'll get you where we want to go, baby, because we're trying to go to the moon with this thing. We love you guys so much. Please enjoy this Fred Taylor podcast. And I'll see in a second for another ad.
Speaker 11: Why do you think why do you think the running back market is? I feel like it's not seen as what it used to be like.
Speaker 9: And right, the NFL is trendy. I mean they always say it's the topiccat league. If one team say all right, look we can go with the two headed months to get two guys for the price of one because of the injuries, you know, YadA, YadA, every team is gonna look at that concept and they they'll copy it. But every now and then you have guys that come along the Adrian Peterson's of the world, you know, the right, the Derrick Henry's right. These guys are going to force the issue. Hell, even Chris Johnson like, these guys are gonna beat every down backs, right, and what can you do about that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 9: But if you have a guy that's you know, borderline, you know, I don't want to say mediocre, but just borderline, right, then if we can get these guys to make the interchangeable. Have this guy's a third down guy, Have this guy third down past specialist, this guy's first down sacking down, short yardish guy. Then you're putting two guys in there so when you come back to the table, you have some levels that's instant leverage because they're not out there playing sixty plus snaps. So that's an argument for the guys in the front office, but they do that a us to leave. But every so often you have that one special back back, say one Barkley prior to the injuries, you know what I'm saying. So these guys come McCaffrey, Christian amazing pack.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mean struggle with injury, but he got I mean he got paid.
Speaker 9: Yeah you had, but he got paid, you know. But the injuries are still there. They're gonna always question that. But going forward, come out with him. I wonder what, like the last couple of years he's been injured.
Speaker 3: He's a small guy. It's a lot of wearing tear. They do a lot with him.
Speaker 12: He does.
Speaker 2: Circle now, yeah, many times you have legit.
Speaker 3: You have those touches and not just handoffs.
Speaker 9: But I mean that he's probably scripted at least ten plus past plays in the passing games going into the game. That's not including the checkdowns off of play action, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 9: So see, but those are special talents that forced the issue. So how can you argue, you know, what they're deserving of. But then you have those teams that they just believe in what they believe in. The Patriots running back by committee. Yeah, you know when I spent my time in there. You know, if you're if you got the hot hand, you stay in the game, regardless if you're the destinator started for that week, if you're the hot hand against whatever ball club, you stay in the game. That's just the way they run their outfit. Yeah, but the NFL has just noted that running backs, you know, running backs are expendable. Uh, the value isn't there like back in the day when we were when the scores were you know, end of a ball game, prior to a lot of rule changes. The scores were twenty to fourteen was probably considered a freaking blowout, or twenty to ten was considered a blowout. Nowadays every team is putting up thirty forty points because the rules changes, right.
Speaker 2: Personal bad ones.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 9: So back then, man, we said we're going to run the ball. We need to run the ball forty times. One back can get thirty carries twenty five plus and that was this game. That's when they were paying guys. But now it's just you know, the rule changes everything else.
Speaker 3: This is what we are.
Speaker 1: I think the money I mean in a lot of ways. The money is going up. I mean, is money is going through the real but for running backs, like there's a few years where it's better for sure, but that's inflation. That's the captaining higher that's right, right, it rolls downhill.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: The quarterbacks are signing, right.
Speaker 3: And so by the way, that was that was a monster deal.
Speaker 11: And you you said that before that, you're like it used to be a top quarterback like Deshaun Watson signed that fully guaranteed to thirty.
Speaker 3: It's like a good domino to fall for, like, you know, player to start.
Speaker 9: Doing that for everybody. Man, that that deal was five years to thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. The Browns are dangerous, insane. Yeah, the whole AFC.
Speaker 10: Really is like nasty bro crazy, right, I mean, but it's all cyclical and it's just revolving, big word.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's just revolving. You put on.
Speaker 9: Its round and round and round and round and round and round. But yeah, I I know the NFC has they don't have their moments the f C. I know, when I played, the f C was hot ship. Before I got in the league, it was the NFC.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: Now it's it's other than the Chiefs, you know, the NFC. They have some great teams. But I think there's a lot of balance in the NFL right now. But that money is ridiculous, man. But it's the TV deals, the outlets, all the different avenues that they can show the games, get you know, ad and sponsors, sponsorship revenues in and these these players, man.
Speaker 3: They deserve it though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I think it should be bigger guarantees for everybody across the board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this has got to be the craziest free agency. I don't know if you've ever seen, but by far I've ever seen in my life. And left right I'm over there right, like that little gift for the black kid doing this thing? What kind of just like, oh, what's going to happen to your boarder right now?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: But yeah, look like in all these I mean, I mean Drew Lock no offense at the Seattle Falcons mark most of these big deals.
Speaker 3: Are a FC.
Speaker 2: What's crazy?
Speaker 1: Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa on rushing both sides.
Speaker 3: Max Crosby, Chandler Jones.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Tyreek Hills of the.
Speaker 9: Dolphins at Waddells got mister I N. T. Jackson cornerback over in j C. Jackson over the Chargers. So the Chargers are I think everybody's looking at what the Rams did you know in their model.
Speaker 2: Copycat league league again right?
Speaker 1: And the Dolphins have turned that Larry Tunzel deal into I mean what five years later, still just scooping up picks and now was sending them.
Speaker 9: Off up guys man, And and you know there you have to take those picks. You know, you don't trade a guy to sit on those picks and not do anything with them, right, you have to make a move.
Speaker 3: Uh, And now is.
Speaker 9: The time for a lot of those teams you have you know, Jacksonville for example, I'm looking at what they traded Jayalen Ramsey for two first rounders. I think it was like a third rounder in there and some other stuff.
Speaker 3: And uh, the.
Speaker 9: Rams have gotten the best of that deal because they went on and they want to ring.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Notice past year Jacksonville has gone backwards garbage and they have no disrespect kind of back to back years. Yeah, you know, and I can't argue that. I mean, I think the fans would. I think they'll give me a pass if I agree with you and say the team's because.
Speaker 2: You're the greatest Jacksonville Jaguar ball you know.
Speaker 3: So, but you have to be realistic.
Speaker 9: So having back to back first picks back to back years.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I think that equations being garbage.
Speaker 1: You know, to argue, to argue both here is your points are there? Teston Titans twenty fourteen at the first overall pick fifteen had the second overall pick, and so.
Speaker 9: But we have much Titans have done. Yeah, I'm saying in the last three years.
Speaker 2: Build off of it.
Speaker 1: Able to build and build and build and building. So you know that's the thing. Everybody like Jacksonville probably won't win a Super Bowl this year. I don't know, you know what I'm saying, But they're not crazy. Say they're not two years away. They could do something. They have a great quarterback there. Say it's not a running back who's durable. It's not you can rush the passer.
Speaker 9: And I think they need to add to that obviously, but it is crazy at all. You look at where the Bills were three years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you look at where the Bengals, by the way, the Bengals because if Trevor, if Trevor like starts exactly.
Speaker 11: You got those guys, You got those elite quarterbacks on their rookie deal, and you can start saying, fuck those picks, trade them away, get vets, spend money going all this, put it all around them.
Speaker 3: Because the Bengals are a perfect example of that.
Speaker 9: If I understand this risk reward right, but if I'm if I'm investing my heart and money, I want to make sure my money is in companies like you know, Apple, Amazon, I don't know, World dominating all those companies that you understand what they're gonna give you, right, You'll have, you know, a few fluctuations, but you know what they're gonna give you. In the long run opposed to potential startups. Right, these these unicorn companies that don't always hit the mark.
Speaker 3: Same thing with NFL.
Speaker 9: When they go out and they sign these players, they're saying, all right, I can get this rookie. I want this first round pick that's potential. Yeah, I look, I equate that to a startup. You know that the potential is there, Will it be successful? Who knows?
Speaker 3: If me a guy who's.
Speaker 9: Proven, I want you, I want to get you in free agency because I know what the fuck you're gonna do.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't want Billy Smoe from Oh Miss Yeah that fuck it. I don't want him to say, well, I gotta wait, you know, three years before I can really see his true potential. Otherwise I'm gonna cut him because all those contracts are based on the first three years.
Speaker 9: The other shit doesn't matter, you know. So and guys tend to grow later or they developed later. But if you want to win now, you look at what's on the free agent market.
Speaker 3: You take those shots.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can build through the draft in the second, third, or third, fourth, fifth round, sixth rounds. Those guys are telling it, they're the best players on the fucking planet. First rounders don't always mean you're going to be great. Yeah, it's just mean a lot of these guys are just hype.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: You get a few analysts to say this, Billy Schmoe what was his name, right, Billy.
Speaker 3: Schmoe is great. Billy Smoe might be garbage as hell? Right?
Speaker 2: How many guys are you like that in college?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 9: It happens, man, it happens, no question, these guys that it happens a lot. The Chargers back in ninety eight my draft, they took Ryan Leaf after paying many Wow, yeah goes back.
Speaker 3: I don't know how many years, but it was awful. Right.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I think that these teams you want to win always been a moment. If I were a GM, I say, let's win now.
Speaker 11: And it's not even free agency, but yeah, fuck those picks, get them out there.
Speaker 9: Look, I'll look at a salary cap. We'll figure it out later. Let's go now. Well, we all were in a business.
Speaker 1: I think we all know at this point that the star cap doesn't really mean anything. If someone says cap casualty or the cap, oh they only have this much spending room.
Speaker 2: Well if you take five guys, so let's say three guys.
Speaker 1: That are making You know, Tannahill makes twenty two million dollars, Say hey, here's twenty one million dollars right now in a signing bonus, and.
Speaker 2: You're gonna make minimum this year. Right, You just freed up.
Speaker 1: However much money in cap You can do that over and over and over again. Going back to the potential thing. I had a coach in high school tell me that potential just means you haven't done shit yet, right, That's all potential is. Right, So I don't disagree. I'm not a GM, you know what I'm saying here, I am. I'm still in the NFL. So I'm playing like the on the Wall game right now. But I don't see why that wouldn't be the move now like the Rams did. They's saying, fuck the picks, let's go get whoever you want. And with free agency it's like buddy like, not just free agency, it's everybody, everybody's roster, everybody's for sale.
Speaker 9: You've got to be willing to jump out in front of the line early, right. You can't wait to see what the market is going to dictate. Just go get your guy, right, and that'll be the end. Of it right Buffalo, they want and got von Miller. Von Miller didn't have a great season, but they know what he's capable of to say, all right, we're gonna give this guy where we believe he deserves. We're gonna put the year, We're gonna add the years on there, We're gonna give him his bonuses up front and everything else in terms of averages. It helps his cap friendly Or they can go and pick a few other guys. But they took the piece of the puzzle that they felt they needed to take them a step further. And if they go a step further, they're in the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: And even if even.
Speaker 1: If von Miller isn't statistically as good he's been the past, which I have no doubt he is capable of.
Speaker 2: His presence is something you have to be aware of.
Speaker 1: If I'm playing von Miller, I'm very aware of what von Miller is at all times. Right I'm sleeping, But you have to be aware of our is alt that you have to watch the film. How much time is he on the left hendle, how much time he's in the right tackle winndsy up in the middle, Like you have to be aware of where a guy like that is that kind of talent. He's crazy talented, right, and he just fucking goes. He lulls you to sleep do like an asshole. Like he'll take three players and kind of jog off the ball and you're like, I'm then this dude up. And then all of a sudden he jumps the snap because he starts to learn your snap kin a little bit, and fucking he's around the corner so he can bro like he can ben like crazy. Once you overset, his spin move is deadly and because you have to get back so fast his long arm, he will put you in the back of the quarterback.
Speaker 2: No prole pro. He's savvy, savy pro.
Speaker 9: Even going back to my early early in my career. Man, you know vun You look at Van, he's a he's a linebacker. You know, now, you we got to get out the quarterback because we know they're gonna be more dropbacks. Then you know you mentioned a few teams that are gonna go run heavy.
Speaker 3: It's just their philosophy, right. Obviously you're a coach, Mike.
Speaker 9: He believes in running the ball, established snap, playing great defense. He's the old school guy. Yeah, but some of these guys they just want to let it rip. And majority of the NFL teams are that way. So you're gonna get these cleaners is what they called him back in the day. I don't think they called him that so much more down the guys that were big linebackers that can actually rush the passer. But back in the day, they wouldn't put him there because they would fear the run game and and and being able to obtain the edge.
Speaker 3: I would get outside on that ship the heartbeat.
Speaker 9: But when you have those guys like a von Miller, you pose a huge threat the offenses. But teams just I think teams really just gotta just dig in and make their moves and and deal with it. I think Jacksonville will have a better season this year year ago Peterson he's back. I think Trevor would be better. You know, with all all that drama that he had there.
Speaker 2: To talk about that was crazy.
Speaker 9: There was a lot of drummer there, man, So you know, I think he'll be better this year.
Speaker 11: Do you think they'll win the division this year? Here trying to set some ship up.
Speaker 3: But it's all good.
Speaker 9: Look what I I got to say this though, I will say this, I don't think lightly. Yeah, hear you. Houston was the top dog four years ago. Tennessee took that spot of Tennessee's been the top dog.
Speaker 3: When the coast was always are nice, the coach always nice.
Speaker 9: What's their identity if I if I'm in your division? Yeah, playing the Coats, Yeah, I see Maddy Ice just went over there and they got rid of Carson Wentz after you know, making the they missed the playoffs because we won. Jacksonville won, but they missed the playoffs. But I don't know if Matt Ryan is better than Carson went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got Jonathan Taylor and you do have there in their well coached football team. Like I know that they're very unbelievable football coach. I tell you what their identity is the same as Tennessee Titans. I really and I really believe that coach physical. They know the rules, you know how to use the rules to their advantage, and they play good and they're always they're always gap responsible.
Speaker 2: Their defense is gap responsible.
Speaker 1: When the DN goes inside, it's not because he just has a whim because he's you know, he's told to, so his backers got his back. They play great sound football I agree with.
Speaker 9: That, and they're very much identical to what you guys have, right, I think you guys have Tannehill in your system. He's been a better player since he landed in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 9: I just don't know what the identity of the quarterback is in Indie. We know what they bring in a run game, we know what they do on defense. They can't let teams like Jacksonville beat them split those games in the division. You guys don't do that, you know what I'm saying, Like, you don't do that. So if you want to be the top dog in the division, you got to crush the bottom, you know, up pest or whatever you want to call them. And you guys have been good at doing that with Jacksonville. Yeah, the Coats haven't yet. The Colts, well, they.
Speaker 3: The Coast haven't done that.
Speaker 2: They split with Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: They lost both times to us, and they beat Houston both times. Right, right, We beat Jacksonville twice, beat the Colts twice, but we split with Houston and Houston with DeShawn not playing and there and they're coaching things that.
Speaker 2: That was a weird, wild game.
Speaker 1: It becomes that reason any given Sunday, like the worst team can be the best team, and it is pretty much. The Cardinals got their ass kick to the Detroit Lions, right, that's true, you know what I'm saying, Like it can happen at any Cardinals.
Speaker 11: Like it's the same thing though, like you're saying, if you're going to beat the top dog, you gotta you gotta step on the team that you're gonna step on.
Speaker 9: But we'll just go ahead and cap this segment off answer a question. Jaguars are going to win the division to shore, they're good here.
Speaker 1: I think a team you sleep on, though, like I want, when you played in Jacksonville, god forbid it's in December because you're so used to Jacksonville made it to the f C champion.
Speaker 2: They beat him like what nine to six.
Speaker 9: Nine, and it was it was. It was a great game for them at home NFL bro NFL. But then they came back and you didn't see that same team again.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of that had to do with with Meyer, though.
Speaker 1: I just think you see all the stuff coming out and all the shit you read is probably there's half of its true, half of it's not. But this whole thing with Tim Tebow where you'd make the players wear the jerseys and like Tim Tebow Tuesdays.
Speaker 9: I didn't hear about. I missed that one. I know he and Timmy are, they're super tight. Yeah, and I know.
Speaker 2: Those Tuesdays cut him halfway through camp. They can't be that tight.
Speaker 9: Timmy's my guy, you know. Obviously he had a lot of pressure on him for even bringing tim to the team. You know, a lot of people felt like there's so many other talented guys at that position that was worthy of a tryout, which is what Timmy basically earned. But you know, or Timmy had I won't say earned, but he had tryout, and you know, you just go back. Relationships are everything, you know. I always tell people it's not about because they like to say it's about who you know. I always like to say, it's about who knows you right. That's because like that you can vouch for me if you know me right, it's more so than me knowing you. I gotta wait on the phone call and you might not call me back. What you can vouch for me? And h urban he knows Timmy well, you know, and he's like, hey, I'm bringing in and give you a shot, But a lot of people felt like there are so many other guys worthy of that tryout, but you totally just dismissed it and brought your homeboy in, you know, for the moment the beginning.
Speaker 11: Like obviously everything panned out the way it has and you know they've all split up and all that stuff, but from the very beginning, like you're trying to build a culture, Tuesday coach, and it's like Tim Tebow, he's kind of got right.
Speaker 9: So you know how the locker room. It's you can lose the locker room so easy. You know, even when that happened, the guy's in the locker room, like Tebow's a joke.
Speaker 3: I mean, I loved him. He's my guy.
Speaker 9: It's found that what he does in life, who he is as a person, you know who he is that as an analyst, I always felt like right baseball player, I always felt like he didn't get a fair shot after doing what he did with the Broncos, you know, in the playoff run, all that different stuff. You know, he's not the conventional quarterback. You know you're going you script h stuff around him. He's a he was a winner.
Speaker 3: He was a guy that put his heart online.
Speaker 1: Right, So legit, I think he could have been in the league like a Taysom Hill, the Mormon missile.
Speaker 3: He could have definitely done He could have definitely done that.
Speaker 9: Uh So for Tims, you know, I loved him across the board. Uh I just think that the timing of what happened in Jacksonville. You know, Irvin coming back in with the Bagga team was already bringing back in a strength coach. That was a red flag. Tim was a red flag. He go out there, you lose the game in Cincinnati, a tough game against eventually the Super Bowl, the guys that lost in the steat. Right, you go up there, and then now you're in your home state of Ohio. You're out there getting what they consider lap dance and all this other stuff. You didn't fly home with the team with all that other stuff. Right, You have a rookie quarterback who was dependent on its head coach being a leader, you know, So now the media is tearing him up. The quarterback isn't playing well, Jacksonville isn't playing well. Jacksonville's always always considered one of the big and laughing stocks teams in the business of football. So it's just a lot of distraction on top of distractions on top of that. So it was drama down there, man. And I do their home games each and every week. I do their away games from my place, but when they're home, I go do end stadium analysis as far as for their media and the fans stuff. So I'm tucked in with them and following them real close.
Speaker 3: Man. It was just it was bad.
Speaker 9: The local media was beating them up, the national medium was media was killing him. I think it was the right move for the franchise to cancel his contract. But again, I do think that coach Peterson havn't taken a year off, have some time to evaluate the NFL, and you know how the game is going now, get creative while he's at home. He's the offensive genius. The things he's done in Philly, you know, for those four years winning the Super Bowl Quarterbacks. He's a great former quarterback who's going to be a great quarterback coach. I just think that with that, along with the quarterback, his confidence is amazing.
Speaker 3: I think he's going to be great. Man.
Speaker 2: He's gotta be great.
Speaker 9: Now that the drama's gone, he gets to settle down. I like to see what Travis etn is going to do to help James Robinson to take some pressure off of uh Lawrence Trevor. So, yeah, I'm expecting the Jags to have a big year, and not just saying it because I'm a former player, just seeing there how all the pieces can fall in play. I think they definitely will win. They'll be above five hundred. That's a's a big statement, I think. So it's league it is, but I think they'll be above five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they got a good defense. They put some pieces together there. I think they did a great job. In free agency. They went up some big receivers. I think honestly, I think they probably overspent a bit for those receivers. They got Christian Kirk what's my guy out of Carolina Raiders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is good.
Speaker 9: Not to say that those guys aren't worthy of you know, the contracts that they got.
Speaker 3: Guys are really good players. I just think that.
Speaker 9: Based on the market, how the market was set, that they you know, they went out there and took their shots. And you know, when you have guys like Dvante Adams out there, cheetah what he just got in the contract that he got, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think the Jacks had the draft liquidity to go get you to the right.
Speaker 9: They got so much equity and liquidity and cash cap space they had everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and draft picks. They only have one draft pick this year, right, the first overall pick, though, because.
Speaker 11: Davante, they had to trade up some picks, right, Cheetah, they traded some picks.
Speaker 9: The two first round first in the draft really equates to two first round picks at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the statement, agree with that it all depends on the value of the draft class too.
Speaker 10: How strong is your need in the value of the draft? I agree, I think it.
Speaker 2: Might the first overall pick. This is what I've heard. This is not my own statement, so go ahead.
Speaker 1: What I've been told is that there's no like this is the number one overall guy. There's no like this quarterback is in the second coming of Peyton Manning. Guy in this draft right now, where I think that first overall pake would.
Speaker 2: Be much more enticing to some things that need a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jacksonville isn't that team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Trevor's going to be a stud. He can sling that thing. He's got the beautiful man. He's killing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't see well, I can foresee the Jags uh in my mind, in my opinion, trading back, trading out of that spot.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't as.
Speaker 1: Though someone who needs as rusher like Aiden Hudginson, who he is, an offensive lineman like James O'Neil, which I think you guys need.
Speaker 3: I think they do need an offensive lineman.
Speaker 1: I think I was told that. I think you guys need. I don't know if Robins.
Speaker 9: Great, yeah, Cams solid, uh, Juwan Taylor is solid. I don't think they've been as consistent as the team would like them to be to protect you know, the number one thick and hopefully the future.
Speaker 1: Not To keep in mind on that statement, it's very difficult as an offen time when you're playing behind for every game, if you're losing games by a lot of points, you go in a half, you say, hey we got hit, we gotta throw the ball out run two minutes, right. These rushers know they're painting their ears back. It's not fair to cama JA want to be like these guys didn't do X, Y and Z when you're playing from behind by so much.
Speaker 3: That's very true.
Speaker 9: And then you look at you look at the little things, the things that you know. I'm sure you go out there, you look at you know, your your your first step, You look at your hand placement, You look at your leverage. You know, a high hat up or down. You know, you want to make sure you're solid. A lot of times when you look at these guys, you know, I don't want to say they it's always sloppy play, but when you see multiple holding in games and you question, you know they're discipline their techniques and this is back to back weeks.
Speaker 3: That's not acceptable in the NFL. Uh And in a lot of times too.
Speaker 9: You're right if you're going to drop back X amount of times because you're playing from behind, at least script up something where the running backs are going to come out there and help the tackles ship on your release, quick release, whatever it might be. You got to help the guys. So I think we have two pretty decent tackles. Cam just got tagged franchise tag. I think he's getting fifteen mil a year.
Speaker 2: Which is not very much money for the.
Speaker 9: Eighteen or whatever it might be. Yeah, something like that. But you got to go out there and earn it. I don't know what they're going to do. You know, he's pretty good and actually we just sent our guard to Washington in exchange for Brandon, So I don't know, man. I think Jacksonville has enough equity to make whatever move they need to make in the draft to make the team better. But I do like to start with coach Peterson. I think he's gonna you know, I think he's gonna do well for him.
Speaker 1: You got an owner who loves the franchise, puts a lot of money into it. You go to that stadium, it's always beautiful, right, there's the pool in the back and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So they're throwing good money into it. They're not afraid to spend.
Speaker 1: I know the NFL, but I'm saying from like, but people have crushed owners in the past for kind of like these are billionaires, even got their money from oil or stock market or whatever. Yeah, parents whatever, relaxed guy.
Speaker 2: But in those.
Speaker 1: Situations, people are like, well, these people don't put money in the franchise, who's gonna want to come there?
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: This guy spends money, he puts money in it.
Speaker 2: Thing that was missing.
Speaker 1: I don't and Listen, this is not well, I guess it is my statements, So I'm fucking saying it.
Speaker 2: Keep doing that, keep doing it, remember my ass, I really do.
Speaker 1: But his leadership, like we're able to this the next level because it's great leader. You know these some of these coaches, Sean McVay is a great leader of men. So he's taking these guys to the next level. They obviously have the star power. But Peterson, right, I think he's he's he's a leader of men, and that's that's the thing that's missing. Or if you're in those tighter games, maybe you pull those things out because those guys maybe know a few more keys that they might have shown in a Friday tape or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, he has a clean slate.
Speaker 9: I mean he's been off for a year, right, and he's going into a team that hadn't done anything over the past since twenty seventeen actually when they made the FC Championship run. They haven't done anything and a lot of those guys don't even on the team. So what he's inheriting is, you know, a very young team. There aren't a lot of veteran guys on the team. You hit it right, you know, the nail right in the head when you said leadership, what's their identity? You know who's that that see that Captain patch on your jersey. That doesn't mean a fucking thing. No, you gotta go out there earn that each and every week and not just you know verbal it. You got it for me, it always came through my play. It wasn't a rah rah you know talk. You know, I'm not going to motivate you through a speech. I might say, you know, I would probably say on Saturday every blue moon when it go save Fred, we need you. I ain't just gonna go out there and say, you know, that just wasn't me. I want to go out there and bust a fifty yarder on you know, third and two, you know, in a nine man box, diamond front or whatever.
Speaker 3: I want to motivate you that way.
Speaker 9: I want to get everybody excited and then you know, we can create that momentum that way. But they just never over the past couple of years, I think they've lost their identity in that sense. You know, plays Campbell when he was out of the building. You know, unique these guys who were part of that that amazing that that Saxonville defense when they made that run.
Speaker 3: Who are those guys? Allen is great. I can't really speak for Josh because I'm not in the building, but looking at his play, I think guys will follow him. Yeah, they just recently.
Speaker 1: When you play against him too, he's the one when he's jumping over going well right, well even at timeouse when you're you're in a timeout, he's if let's say we're playing them and we were playing, well, he's getting on the guys about X, Y and Z.
Speaker 2: He's not afraid to speak up. I like Josh Allen a lot.
Speaker 3: I think he's a stud. Uh.
Speaker 9: They just released Myles Shack. Who was that that? Yeah, he's a study.
Speaker 3: You know, they released Miles so it's like a wild card to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'd always get that little fifteen yard on you.
Speaker 11: But he looks talking right right, He's somebody who's like super talented and as a linebacker who watched him just sometimes I thought he'd be lazy in his technique because I'm thinking, like, bro, you could be.
Speaker 3: One of the You have the ability to be one of the greatest to ever do it, you know what I mean? Sometimes right, but you're putting no attention to it. Obviously, I'm not.
Speaker 9: I'm looking at things and I'm looking at those guys, but I'm not looking at technique for technique, play play and play out. But I know that they respect my You know, the players definitely gravitate towards Miles, but he's no longer in the locker room and on the offensive side. Let's be honest. I mean, who you're turning. You have a young quarterback. You know, he's trying to voice his opinion, but he's still he was just a rookie.
Speaker 3: You know. Guys looking like this ain't fucking college doesn't fly, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: So I don't think that the offense had a clear identity in terms of leadership, a guy that they can point to when it was crunch time. But hopefully, hopefully they'll figure it out. I don't know who that guy is going to be. And they might even lean on the quarterback because he, like I said, he's a high talent, very confident.
Speaker 3: His poison is amazing. I just want to be able to see him replicate success. We can week out and show some consistency. I think they'll be all right.
Speaker 2: Man, here we are again. To do another attery for you, guys.
Speaker 1: Please take a little break from the Fred Taier, get a nice little stretch in there, and enjoy yourself. Often while you're doing so, please do me a favor and jump on the YouTube. This is getting so redundant, but it's redundant for a reason, because he ask is that real YouTube, Spotify, Twitter, Apple, everything in between. I need you to jump on and go subscribe to those things. Well told a little thing before last week's segment, and we were with Barsol and they told us that, and that's where he got that information.
Speaker 2: And that's how it works. You learn it and then you regurgitate it.
Speaker 1: And one thing we learn is that seventy percent of our users they're actually unsubscribed.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking at you guys right now.
Speaker 1: That other thirty percent, those Tier one t Tier two's, they're subscribed.
Speaker 2: They're rating five stars.
Speaker 1: And I'm just asking, let's say, ten more percent of you to jump on right ten more percent and we'll work on the rest of you later. But go ahead and be one of those ten percent. One of these things right now we're about to talk about might be a little taboo, It might be a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: For you.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're sitting there, your legs are crossed and you're pushing down on the private area because you're not sure if your old boy's gonna work. I'm here to let you know that Roman is here for you. Look, no, look, no one's perfect. Even the best baseball players strike out with the bases loaded. The best golfer sometimes three put with a tournament on the line. So if you feel like you're coming up a little bit short in the bedroom. Sometimes it's perfectly okay, but it's not. But if it's bothering you, there's options. Go to get Roman dot com, slash bus and boys Now with Roman. What dimested up dims it up? Well, I'm good, all right, Sorry, listen, your boo gets paranoid sometimes, go we're gonna start the whole thing over again.
Speaker 2: Because it's really important to hear that.
Speaker 1: Go to get Roman dot com, slash bus some boys Now with Roman. You can get a free online evaluation on ongoing care for ed all from the comfort and the privacy of your home. That's a super important thing, right because you don't know if it's really working. You don't know what is it?
Speaker 2: Something wrong with me?
Speaker 1: Is something wrong with them is something that I'm putting up my nose, those types of things, all the basic questions that run through your mind at certain times, it's really important to you maybe get a free online consultation and get what's right for you. I have a lot of buddies who have that issue. Your boys had that issue one time. I've had that problem once. I will be honest and yep, it was. It was recreational things that actually made that happen, and so I'm very uh, I'm safe now, it works and there's not a lot of blood flow needed to.
Speaker 2: Get that little boy up.
Speaker 1: Anyway, A US licensed healthcare professional will work with you to find the best treatment plan if medication is appropriate.
Speaker 2: It ships to you free with a two day shipping.
Speaker 1: The whole process is straightforward and discreete Getting started is simple. Just go to get roman dot com slash busting and complete the online visit. Take care of your ED without leaving your home. Complete an online visit today and connect with a doctor and just take care of it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: They'll be happier. You'll be happier if you learn some new moves. Also.
Speaker 1: Right with confidence comes a little more extra right here and there, Right you start moving them.
Speaker 2: Hips to the side a little bit.
Speaker 1: You start reading some fun books, maybe they were made in Japan, and you can do some fun stuff with it. A little call to action for you guys. Here it's gonna be a little bit done it. But here we go again because I really want you to get it. Go to get Roman dot com slash busting to get a free online evaluation and ongoing care for ad Okay, hold on, let's do that one more time because I got a little jittery.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Go to get Roman dot com slash busting boys to get a free online evaluation and ongoing care for Edie. There it is all from the comfort and privacy of your home. Subscribe on subscribery. Subscribe and back to the Fred Taylor pivot.
Speaker 3: Going back on your that's dope, bro, Going.
Speaker 2: Back on your career.
Speaker 11: Is there anything you look back on and you think you wish you would have done differently? Like, because you talk about injuries all the time, right, you talk about how you had like an injury ritten career. Do you like look back and be like, damn, I wish I would have took care of myself a little bit differently.
Speaker 9: I joke a lot of times to say I wish I would have been born ten to twenty years later for a few reasons. Right, these fucking checks are crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean you're getting scribes and getting seven million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: A lot of money out there, a lot of money out there for them boys.
Speaker 9: But even though that one, aside from that, right, just the science, the science, you know, and how the game has evolved to how guys are taking care of their bodies so early, you know, going in, they they right now nutrition, nutrition is top dog. We came in, you had teams like the Cincinnati Bengals on their their medal table, they were giving the guys Popeye's, chicken.
Speaker 2: McDonald's after after.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but that's not what these guys are getting now, right, you know, those little things actually matter.
Speaker 3: I learned that later in my career.
Speaker 9: When you look at just from a medicinal standpoint, that just that I ain't talking about cannabis.
Speaker 2: As long as you pass the test, doesn't you know?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I smoked my entire career. That's a whole nother story.
Speaker 2: I mean part of their program growing up. Figure.
Speaker 9: But yeah, so yeah, just just a few things, man, just learning how to take care of your body and this day and age, man, I mean, the science is there, you know, you just understand it. I think I would have gravitated towards that more so, and how I work out and training in the off season when I played, I didn't do a thing in the off season until March when we reported back to Many Camp or not, but OTAs prior to Many Camp, I just didn't care. Later on, I felt that that was more important. Then my numbers started sending. I got better as a player, I maturer there. But I don't have any regrets other than can this be the locker room moment? No, I guess that. Wait, no, no, no, I guess I could talk about it. Yeah, I got something else for a locker room moment. I guess I figured out. Yeah. So the only regret that I have as a player, it was in two thousand against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 3: We took a trip down to Orlando. Myself and like eight other guys.
Speaker 9: We took a trip to Orlando, got back to jack We went to party down there. It was like a classic or something. Got back to Jacksonville team meetings at eight am. We got back to Jacksonville at seven forty five am, rolled in a team meeting room. Our our suits and everything was in a limousine ready for the plane. Somehow we all stumbled and we were all toasted. We were fried and we were a rap. Went through the meeting, somehow made it through the walkthrough, flew up to Pittsburgh. I was cramping on Saturday. I cramped all day Sunday. I was dehydrated. Luckily for me, it was a Sunday night game.
Speaker 3: Otherwise I wouldn't have played at a one o'clock or four am.
Speaker 9: So Sunday night kickoff. It was three Rivers Stadium before they imploded it. Now it's Hinesville at the stadium by the way. Yeah, it's super dope, right, crazy fans too crazy. So yeah, so that night, so I ended up rushing for two hundred and thirty four yards four touchdowns. Cramped up, uh late third, early fourth quarter, didn't play the rest of the game. I feel like I could have broke the single season or single game record that day if I didn't cramp up, because it still has never stopped me that day. So that's yeah. I didn't take IV at halftime or anything. I just was cramping up. It was crazy.
Speaker 3: You ain't take IV's for any of it, you know what.
Speaker 9: Iv IV's that half became popular much later in my career.
Speaker 3: That wasn't a thing even before games too, that was not a thing. Water and gatorade and they had this thing they had.
Speaker 9: It was like these little electro like tablets that you could put in your gatorade in like fizz.
Speaker 3: It was all bullshit, but it was crazy. I mean it's probably work, I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: That's another thing.
Speaker 11: On anything that you do like this bullsh it don't work. But they're just fucking good, So you can't say much to them, no doubt.
Speaker 9: But no, seriously, though, that was my biggest regret. I feel like I could have got the single game Russian record, and I know a certain coach Coughlin would have given me the more. Yeah, that's so that's my only regret in my career.
Speaker 2: Damn. That's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, fuck, I only it's that's a that's a hard that's a hard to regret, my guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: But my overall career though, I mean I had my share of injuries. Man, I partied, I was hanging out. I did a lot of stuff while young stupid, you know, running through Jacksonville, running through Miami, you know, unconsciously just just whatever.
Speaker 3: You know. I was wide open man, and uh, you know, had.
Speaker 1: A good jack And Garrett hated you growing up, hated y'all. Yeah, get the funk out of here, dude. You were talking so much guys before you watch on the bus.
Speaker 3: So I remember, like it was yesterday.
Speaker 9: My fifth game out of my my career was against the Titans, the fifth game of my career. The previous week, James Stewart got hurt, one of your guys, Tennessee volunteer. Uh, Stu got hurt because people in Jacksonville were calling me a bush.
Speaker 3: That's after four games preseason fast pre season.
Speaker 9: Huh it was number nine ninety eight. Yeah, so they were calling me a bus and uh that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So Stu got hurt.
Speaker 9: Coach Coughlin, Uh, Tony Boselli just recently elected Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Bo was like, this fucking rookie's coming in oh ship. You know, they didn't think I had it.
Speaker 9: Went in my first carry against the Ravens, fifty two yard touchdown that backsweek.
Speaker 3: I toasted the Ravens that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they were the defense.
Speaker 3: They were.
Speaker 9: They were that defense, the best defense in the league history down, and I gave him the business. They were the top dogs from ninety eight to like two thousand. They're still top dogs, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great defense, Lewis like four yeah people.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I gave him the business. The very next week was the Titans playing at Vanderbilt. I remember that playing at Vanderbilt. Probably at the game, the shittiest locker room in the history of the NFL. It was the worst turn Yeah, no shadows Vanderbilt. They were garbage right there was awful. But I remember having a like buck thirty that that day. I know y'all were crying that went home crying. It was astro Turk.
Speaker 2: Y'all were crying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, were crying on the way home. Oh ship ninety eight, Yeah it was ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I mean, I don't really have any regrets on my career, man, other than that one game. Yeah, I thought I did okay, And it comes with what it comes with. I think I will make the Hall of Fame someday.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk to you about that because I don't want to bring this up to in a bad way. But Chris Johnson was on IM Athlete and he was talking about what's the criteria? I think I should be in it? And with Chris he changed the game. You're with him on that.
Speaker 9: I agree with that. What's the criteria? Yeah, criteria? What is the criteria?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 3: What is it? I don't know.
Speaker 9: I retired fifteenth all time eleven thousand, six hundred and you know, thirty five or something.
Speaker 1: Yah, exactly the number, you know, exactly the two records.
Speaker 9: It's been a while since I looked at it, but at the time when I retired, I knew my numbers were better than fifteen of the guys that were currently in the Hall of Fame, whether they're a modern era or old school, my numbers were better than these guys. So that alone, right alone, what's the criteria? You just say, this guy is better than these other guys, Like, I think he's deserving of a spot in here. I not first ballot, obviously, I think I would have been first ballot if I hadn't missed sixty I missed sixty games in thirteen years. Oh damn, sixty fucking games I miss I missed fourteen and for twenty eight games. My last two seasons almost when I was in New England. That actually brought my rushing average per game down, and my yards per Kerry came down based on the games that I shoot it up for. The Patriots got one snap or two snaps because of their system. So now when you look at per game averages, they came down because I dressed out. But you know what I mean. So I do think that I will make the Hall of Fame win. I don't know, but I think my career was worthy. My numbers speaks for a SI. I agree with Chris. You know, Chris was a bad man. The only thing I disagreed with was when he said he was the first two hundred pounds back to come in and be every down back. I was through twenty six doing it just as fast. I ran four two eight forty at two twenty six coming out.
Speaker 2: Damn on grass faster than Chris.
Speaker 9: Oh hell no, I wasn't faster than Chris. But I ran four two eight forty one grass at my FLOORIA work out. Chris ran is in Indy at a comebine. I didn't run that to comebine. I was advised by my agent not to what I would have. He just said, just run on your pro day. There's no tes I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: I'm trying.
Speaker 9: I didn't even train for my pro day. I didn't train for the combine. I didn't train for my pro day. I did I did six. I did six. This knew you were going up there. God, God is my witness on my dying grandmother. I did six twenty yards. Start to train, I went down in New Orleans coach Tom Shaw, and Coach Shaw might be watching at something. He's in Orlando now, but he had his facility in New Orleans. I went down there because my agent, they had a relationship. I went down there and after the first day of you know, getting acclimated and doing his workouts and everything, we did a few starts. He said, he pulled me, I say, why are you here. I was like, because my agent asked me to come. I'm working out. He's like, You're the closest thing to Bo Jackson I ever seen in my life. Damn, he said, while you're here. The next day I left. I was out of there. I was out of there, man. And I just didn't train myself. Jack Ques Green and we just we did a few starts on the track field back at UF and Gainesville and the next thing, you know is Pro Day and we went out there and we lit it up. Yeah damn forty one inch vero to a forty on the grass.
Speaker 3: That's got to be.
Speaker 1: That's so insulting to being well, yes, bronding rock four Montage during my pro day training, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: And this motherfucker's just going out with a homeboy on the track and just be all.
Speaker 2: Right, I feel good, man, let's go do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you know, I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't really say that, you know, as you know, I'm not bragging. I'm looking back, I'm like, fuck, I really could have really trained and killed a whole lot of stuff. Yeah, you know, I could have been in these conversations where these guys are the fastest forties and this and that or whatever.
Speaker 3: I could have been right there, much bigger.
Speaker 9: But I do agree with Chris on the the whole criteria thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The only thing that I disagree with is that I was, you know, a two hundred plus pound back and every single first down, second down, third down, old line. He wasn't the one that started that, right, Yeah, you were fucking.
Speaker 3: Right, bucking love shifting a little bit.
Speaker 11: Like I wanted to ask you because we've all seen like the documentary thirty for thirty broken stuff like that, and doing some digging on your stuff. It seems like you had an incident where you were defrauded like three and a half million dollars, right, And I was wondering if you would speak on that, and then also if there was like advice or any insight to any young guys or anybody listening that can be in this position, you know, to be a little more, to be more cautious or be wary of science that you you know, maybe you look back on the thing I should look for those things.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 9: No, I'm always willing to speak on it, man, because it'll help someone else and I'll do a huge service to them as well as myself.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: You know, for me, it's gratitude and giving back and that's the first thing I look for. I know, we're you know, what is it twenty four years removed since my rookie year ninety eight, and you know, things are more prevalent and right in front of us. And I think from a financial literacy and taking care of your finances as players athletes, guys that don't come from those demographics that.
Speaker 3: I haven't been able.
Speaker 9: To inherit what financial awareness and being able to take care of the money right. I think it's a huge service for them for me to speak on it.
Speaker 3: I came in.
Speaker 9: I chose my first agent first and foremost because he's a black guy. I had an opportunity to go with Lee Steinberg. They really a courted me and try to recruit me, but I turned them down. I don't even regret that, you know, because I feel that in hindsight, I have an opportunity. This is the part of me that became a part of me. It became a part of my story.
Speaker 3: It's a tool that I can use to help other people right, to try to steal them clear of falling in the same trap that I fell in.
Speaker 9: So I chose my first agents black guy. He recruited me like a father figure, you know, my father. We developed a relationship late in my life, around my junior year.
Speaker 3: Of high school.
Speaker 9: My dad came back from the military, got back involved in my life.
Speaker 3: But I still didn't have.
Speaker 9: That guy that I trusted as a father figure in certain black my first agent, and he came in. I had a five million dollar signing bonus in ninety eight. That was ninth big, that was huge. I had potential to make like sixteen meal on my rookie deal. And he took that check after I signed it. I remember seeing two point eight million dollars going to a bank account. I took five hundred thousand just so I can have my you know, my bills and whatever I needed. So what they did was they took that money invested in an offshore account, which eventually became a Punsie steam. They took that put all of it over there, like two point three mili. They put it over there. But they would give me these window documents of what I was getting for return on the investment, which was like thirty brand a month. So at the time off of two point three million, I'm seeing thirty thousand, you know, thirty thousand dollars a month. That's three hundred and sixty thousand a year. I'm like, all right, we can, we can do you know a little bit more than in the market. That's fine, but you know, you fast forward. It ended up being a Punie scheme, total bullshit. At that time. Ninety eleven happened the market crash and a lot of my teammates ran back to the locker room.
Speaker 3: They lost a lot of them. Yeah, in those times, they lost a lot of money. But my money was frozen and the punies.
Speaker 9: So what the government did was we filed a claim to say, all right, we were involved in this. So the money that was frozen, I ended up getting back about two million dollars of it. Uh so I lost the three hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Plus whatever entry I could have made a regular investor. And that was like four years later.
Speaker 9: Right, So I go from tank Black to another guy, Jeff Rubin, who I knew from college, and a lot of other guys knew Jeff. Sorry, Jeff befriended me. We ended up getting together. He became my financial guy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: It's sort of I always think about that, like like the new girl that comes down. You know, if you're that guy that meets her first, you get friendly with her, you know, then you have a better shot at her than the other guys. So Jeff kind of we're coming off of a I was coming off of a.
Speaker 3: Bad break, right, and he was the first guy to say I can do this, this, this, this, and this all right, cool, We're good let's go.
Speaker 9: So he ended up I hired him as my financial guy. Some investments early on were very moderate, very conservative, right, mutual funds, easy stuff.
Speaker 3: Three four.
Speaker 9: He took he started taking shots in these private equity deals. He put us in this casino deal down in Alabama and Bama. It was I thought it was a good deal, right, It was a it was a charitable Bingo operation, which at the time was they were great in Alabama, but the politics in Alabama never so great. So they raided the They built up the casino. It was amazing property. They built it up. On our opening night, they raided it. And they said, this is a legal operation. The Bingo is a front for this, that and that. Whatever I can get into that, but I would take for it.
Speaker 2: Is that true? Nah?
Speaker 3: They just changed the law. It just changed the freaking law overnight. Uh.
Speaker 9: And we were slated to make I had like one point six million that deal and probably was gonna do about sixty on our money a year. Yeah, it's awesome. It's casino, right, it was an amazing property. So it was just gonna just print money. So fast forward. They shut that down, lost that money, had to fight against the banks, had to fight against the law firm that eventually actually didn't give us operating agreements and ppms, so we sued the law firm that did it settled out there. Sued the bank because a lot of things are forced through the bank. But Jeff Rubin, who's the financial advisor, he's a sixty minute Special two ad teo. Ray lewis. A lot of the top guys want to curse myself. He's still just out there living the dream. But it was just bad man, and uh just got with bad people. And you know, but I learned the valuable lesson stuff that I can talk to my kids about.
Speaker 3: I can talk to young players about.
Speaker 9: I can go into these uh speaking engagements in these different fortune five hundreds and talk to their uh their employees about. So in hindsight, you know, it's a blessing in disguise. I learned a lot and I'm much better for it now in terms of finances. Uh, it's gonna help my kids, you know, in the long run. But yeah, it's just in the platform you have with Pivot and the platform now. Sure, so those experiences, man, you know, they they're not short of anything. I can give back in so many different ways. So yeah, it was just bad. It was timing was always yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have yet taken another pause because you guys keep listening and they keep calling and asking for the ads. But these people, we honestly might not even charge them for it. They're that delicious. And that's the barrels that are sitting run in front of me, the mini barrels, the cans, if you will, And that is the whistle pig whistle pick is an unbelievable whiskey. The piggyback barrel aged craft cocktail and a can is so much better than the Seltzer, So it really is. You might feel a little uncomfortable. You're sitting at the pool party up summers right on the corner. Let's get this beach pods, right am, I right, You're sitting at the partying at that little can and girls are drinking the same thing as you, and you might not feel mainly enough.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you right now, with eight percent.
Speaker 1: Alcohol, piggyback, piggyback barrel aged rye smash has got your back. It's crisp and refreshing, but super bold and flavorful. I don't think there's anything else like there, anything like this out there. It's so refreshing, bold balanced, whistle Big takes more flavor tastes. Okay, I must have not done a great job ringing this first whistle Pig takes take on a more flavorful seltzer and it's eight percent, So sign me up on that. The fruit in it is barrel aged in whiskey barrels, giving it those whiskey notes.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a big whiskey guy, but this is.
Speaker 1: Going to be This is going to be like go to for tailgates out on the boat for the bonfire. Honestly, it's the perfect for any kickback type of outing. We have an exciting promo with our friends at Whistlepig. Use code busting twenty two and receive ten percent off your order at cans dot whistlepig dot com. Personally, my favorite flavor is the blacklemonfis. I think you put that thing on ice a little bit or just throw in the fridge for about twenty to thirty minutes. You're living le Vita Loca boys and girls, so you're gonna absolutely enjoy yourself. It's outstanding. So just use code busting twenty two to receive ten percent off your order at Cans dot whistlepig Whiskey dot com. And this is the last ad correct. So I'm gonna this is my quadruple down on you guys. Just please, please God, subscribe, you guys, go and do that. It sounds so annoying, right, I'm like that girlfriend that just keeps texting and kinders wanted to go away, But here I am right, I'm back. You haven't blocked me yet, so here we are. Go ahead and jump on. Subscribe, unsubscribe, resubscribe. And it doesn't matter where you go. It could be Spotify, it could be Apple, it could be Twitter, it could be Facebook, it could be Instagram, it could be everything in between. Hit them all if you one, because that's what the tier ones are gonna do. That is what they're gonna do. You guys, have a great rest of your day. Enjoy the rest of this Fred Taylor podcast. So you're gonna love it. I hope you loved it so far. I hope you're making lots of comments. It's an outstanding time. And that ending part too. I told you it gets a little fierce, So enjoy.
Speaker 2: Should we have some some fun? You gotta follow up?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know this segment, the Tier Talk, Tier Talk locker room story.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, all right, so Tier Talk, here's what we got. We put together a few lists.
Speaker 11: You're gonna rate them tier one to tier three, all right, because our fan based their team one being the best too, obviously, and then you get the deal.
Speaker 9: So what we have as your research guy, because I've seen they got my hometown on there.
Speaker 3: They got a lot of.
Speaker 2: I believe what Alex goes to you Alex back there. Yeah, but here's what we have.
Speaker 11: We have five backs from each decade of the eighties, nineties, and two thousands. In the eighties, you see Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell, O, J.
Speaker 2: Simpson, and Tony George said.
Speaker 11: In the nineties you got Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Marshall Falk, Terrell, David Thurman, Thomas you're kind of like a tweener, and Eddie George. And in two thousands, that's where we put you Ap Clinton, Portis, Priest Holmes and Ladanian, Tomlinson. Okay, Tier one, Tier two, and tier three. Gimme those from those decades.
Speaker 3: I'm ranking each dee.
Speaker 9: You're ranking the decades, like, which decade are you taking off. Oh so I got to take the decade itself and not the player.
Speaker 11: Yeah, ran the players. You can rank the players. That's a little fun too. Start with the decade, all right, So starting with the decade? Uh man, I think, uh fuck. The eighties were solid.
Speaker 9: They were running backs were drafted to do in the eighties. Eric Dickerson two thousand yards, Walter Payton, my idol, Eryl Campbell, you know Downhill, oj we know what the Jews did? Tony dor said, you know, praying for TD.
Speaker 3: Subtle one line, not not that we know what the Jews did.
Speaker 2: I think there's a book about that.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of what he did.
Speaker 9: No, I mean in terms of what what he what he did on the field as a player, The eighties is tough.
Speaker 3: She's I think I'll go with the nineties, though one one.
Speaker 2: Here, one slotted in. Yeah, final answer.
Speaker 9: My huge Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk is the reason I wear twenty eight. Terrell Davis didn't play long enough, but he was a beast. Durnman missed the consistency. He did everything in Buffalo Catch Run, top Dog.
Speaker 3: I gotta go eighties Tier two.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Yeah, I gotta keep running your decade last Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I think we have some great players in my decade. Eric Dickerson first two thousand yard back. You know, like I said, Walter uh uh uh, Walter Payton was just that guy man. He influenced me.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 9: But my my, my decade. I love Ladanian, I love Adrian Peterson. If I had to rate those guys in my decade, I'm gonna go LT one, Adrian Peterson two, myself three quarters four and Priest Owns five. Priest had a hell of a line in casey. I think Clinton certainly better than Priest. Clinton has some some good juice too, coming from Denver and heading over the Redskins. That slash running play thirty eight thirty nine, it was he did some good stuff there. But yeah, man, Barry Sanders is the best aside from Jim Brown.
Speaker 3: Barry is you know, he's my one B back all time.
Speaker 9: Emitt Florida Gator, but I think Emmett is like he's probably like seven or eight or nine or ten on the list of all time. Yeah, he had some monster a lions. Yeah yeah, and it wasn't fat fancy. He just was downhill, one cut and go. He didn't like. He wasn't for me, he wasn't entertaining, but he did play, you know, in the Cowboys Jersey, and that was more entertaining itself. I'm gonna take Adrian Peterson, La Danny, and I'm gonna go Eric Dickerson, Walker Peyton just on this list right here, Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson one too for sure. But Danny and Adrian Peters No, no, not one, yeah, no, not one two. I'm sorry, not one too, because Barry is one.
Speaker 2: You're you're you're running backs of all time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was gonna go that way. So Barry Barryer is one. I like to say, Walter Payton for me is two difference in his three. Marshall Fall would be four. La Danium would be five. Uh A p would be six. I'll put myself in there at seven.
Speaker 3: I got two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I respect this seven right little game. Yeah, it it's dope because OJ was a monster. OJ was the beast a lot of ways. Yeah, uh, I'm gonna go with I'll go right here with uh eight consistency, Thurman nine, oh J ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're better than Emmitt Smith and O J and Thurman hell, yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I think I don't. I don't want to.
Speaker 9: I think if I'm healthy. You know, Walter Peyton the best thing. He did the same with Emmett. Those guys were on the field. Yeah, you know, they were there every Sunday. I think Walter missed one game. I don't know, ten eleven, twelve years or whatever. He missed one game. So the consistency is there. But even those guys on the list, only myself and Barry Sanders, guys with twenty five plus uh touches twenty five hundred touches of more are the only backs on on this list. The half four point six yards per carry out m Yeah yeah, so but that's my list, That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Outstanding.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So for our last standing segment, by the way, the tier talk, yeah, I thought.
Speaker 11: That was fire, especially with the you know, with the great with a great sitting on here Brady running backs. For our last segment, locker room talk, give us a good old fashion like we got we got whistle pig sitting here.
Speaker 2: We're sitting back.
Speaker 11: You're telling a bonfire story, whether it's on or off the field. And if it's you know, if it's something where you don't want to share identities, that's fine. But just tell us a good old fashioned locker room story that you tell the boys.
Speaker 9: I know, but don't get too excited because I mean, will text me probably four or five hours ago somewhere, yeah, under the bus, that's dope.
Speaker 3: I was. I was somewhere on Broadway, so getting smashed.
Speaker 10: I had to take yeah, because you you wouldn't take the back.
Speaker 9: I had to go take a nap. So I didn't even have a chance to really think of a story. But man, you guys know, it's so much ship that goes on. Man, I don't know what jumps out. I remember my brother and good friend would come in the huddle during the games.
Speaker 3: He was like, hey, dude, let's go, baby, we won't have a good game today. Let's go.
Speaker 9: And I would look at his eyes and his eyes would be bloodshot. Very good, his eyes will be bloodshot, and uh, I was like, Okay, he's ready to go. He's hype. Yeah, I didn't know he was doing cocaine. Yeah, before the game. I don't know if I should tell that story, but whatever, Yeah, I don't know, I do know that in two thousand and eight and this isn't so much locker room talk, But in two thousand and eight, this is probably more so a story, you know, to help the young guys that go out that might feel that they have a sense of entitlement when they go party, might have had one or two or three too many drinks. I remember being on South Beach in two thousand and eight. I hung out, just out minding my business, had a good night, went to my car. This guy came over, Hey, Fred, pleasure to meet you. My brother was like, man, you're just too friendly. Get your ass away from here. You're too friendly. The guy went back inside. I told the security that we were threatened. We weren't threatening, and.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 9: Thirty forty seconds later, eight South Beach police pulled up, throwing tastes and guns.
Speaker 3: Get your ass in front of the car.
Speaker 9: They kicked me. I had on some tight ass jeans. They can spread them. I can't spread them, no more super tight. They lamed me on the hood of the car, and so they were like, hey, they put the dog in the car. And at the time, my wife she hates dogs absolutely to this day, not that she hates dogs.
Speaker 3: She doesn't like the way they smell.
Speaker 9: Okay, he doesn't like how I smell when I come from outside in the house.
Speaker 3: You smell like outside. Go take a shower.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 9: So she yeah, she yeah, her nose is her nose is crazy. Like the dog's like yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like you ain't getting lucky unless you're showered up one hundred one thousand percent. So are you clean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: They were looking for stuff.
Speaker 9: They let the dog go in the car. They didn't find anything. They got me. They threw me in back of the patrol car and took me down to the South Beast station. But the guy left the cuffs unlocked. So when I got down there from there, and there was a lieutenant that was in there, he saw me.
Speaker 3: Coming, he was like, Freddy T. That ain't Freddy T. That ain't. Come on, No, take the cuffs off. What the fuck are y'all doing? Take those cuffs off.
Speaker 9: So the guy who was in there, he was a guy who came to the team in Jacksonville. That he didn't make the team, but he was the guy that I looked out.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: That's how I was as a as a veteran guys, I always rooted for anybody that came. Look, man, this is what you gotta do. Try to make the team. So he remembered that. So he was like, take these cuffs off of Freddy.
Speaker 3: I know. Whatever you guys are saying he did, he didn't do it. He's nothing like that. He should have done the cuffs off. They didn't even put me in the holding cell like. So he's like, you're not putting him in there. See him on his bench, You're not putting him in there. This shit ain't right, Like whatever's going on.
Speaker 9: So he was like, they took the cuffs off, and I'm rubbing my wrists like what the He's like, that's the trick that they do for the cops to be nash ste you know, and trying sort of threw over you or whatever. You don't lock the cuffs because the more you move, the tighter they get. Oh really right, right, So he was like, they did the old bullshit to you. He started laughing. I started laughing. It's like four point thirty in the morning. They let me go under my own recognis or whatever. They read a statement. I didn't know what it meant. I just wanted to get it was now I was slightly inebriated. It was like whatever, I drove and my brother drove me forty five minutes home. And when I got home it was six am, just in time for the morning news to come on, the local morning news.
Speaker 3: And then that.
Speaker 9: Jacksonville Jaguars running back Fred Taylor was arrested night in charge for this underordly conduct on South Beach. Before I can even close my eyes to.
Speaker 3: Go to sleep.
Speaker 9: Oh, it was like or something crazy, and I had to go back to Jacksonville. The team was like, what the fuck this happened? But it was two thousand and eight. It was prior to.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know if the commissioner had just you know, goodell.
Speaker 9: I don't know if Roger had just taken over as a new commissioner then. But I know the rules weren't that strict because if I had that, had he charged, then I would have gotten suspended for a few games.
Speaker 3: Oh damn, But I didn't. Right.
Speaker 9: I had to get in front of the team and apologize to the team for everything that went on. And my mom is a cop. She's retired now, you sure. She's like, look, you just got to be careful how you talk to these cops, you know, because you don't know what type of day they had or what's going on in their lives. You can't curse them and this and that. So that's where the solely conduct came from. So that's not so much locker room talk. Hopefully that's a story. Hopefully that's a story that can say some of these guys that get out there and they feel like I didn't do anything wrong, which is how I felt. But you can't say everything right because there are charges for everything, and you don't want to be one of those guys that you know, when you wake up, you're on Sports Center.
Speaker 10: No no, no, in your top story.
Speaker 9: So yeah, that was me. So hopefully that will help some of these guys. But it's a million other stories. Trust you, I got some ship. I just say, yeah, we'll have to have.
Speaker 2: You on again.
Speaker 9: We'll figure it out. I'm always down, man, Yeah, certainly down for sure.
Speaker 1: And it seems like Pivot's really just blowing up right now, murdering the game.
Speaker 3: We're definitely doing good, man, we're doing good. Uh. Channing is great. He's the He's the.
Speaker 9: Wildcard, there's no question about it. Then I would like to also say Ryan is the wildcard. Ryan is just a pro. He's so good at what he does. Man, he does so much. Yeah not Ryan is so good man, and he what he does is effortless and he's so good. I think, Yeah, Ryan is He's going to be one of those guys that will eventually be if he decides to. He can be the face of Sports Center or ESPN.
Speaker 11: Talking about like a steven A, which that interview, by the way, was phenomenal and.
Speaker 3: They did open up and show a good side. He really did.
Speaker 9: And you have people that talk about steven A they call him koon and sell out and all right. Look, you know, I don't watch enough TV to kind of see everything that he has, but I do know the one thing that stood out for me in his interview what he said was and it's ten years there, He's done thirty plus thousand takes in their lots. Yeah, and now you're in the moment where you're just, you know, giving your opinion on things. And that's what it is, his opinion. So I'm adult enough to understand you have an opinion. You myself, these guys right have an opinion, and once it's out there, we have to live with it, and he's done a great job of doing that. You know, they're more so hard on him about two people, really Colan Kaepernick, which he later came on and he vouched for, and then also Kyrie Irving, you know, and and everybody has an opinion on what Kyrie is doing as a player. I thought you did a good job, except but you look at people that you know, they came on when we posted promos and said, hey, nah, I ain't watching the show because this guy is a sellout. He's a coon, he's he's corny, he's this he's.
Speaker 1: Keeps saying that he's Stephens a steel And is that a racist thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay, Jed. I'm glad I didn't say it out.
Speaker 3: Right now, but that's this is what they're saying, right so, and.
Speaker 11: That's why this is more so like and crab for wrong. But like what black people will say to black people right right.
Speaker 1: It's not like it's not something that you and I actually go out right, No, so's it's just it's just nothing that we So it's more so in house.
Speaker 3: It's not that we want to or not. It's just nothing that it's I've.
Speaker 11: Never really heard even it doesn't even really make you see us weirdly beating around this there we go, right, but.
Speaker 9: It doesn't make it even really make a whole lot of sense, truthfully. And the one thing about me is I'm going to speak to both sides right. When I see something, I'm going to call it how it is. I prefer to be black and white. You know, I love transparency, and I think that's what stephen a is. Some people feel that Disney is pulling the strings, yeah, you know, because they own ESPN or the network, right, but I think he did a pretty solid job of throwing a different side of himself, of explaining the Kyrie thing, of explaining the Colin Kaepernick thing. Uh, you know, we were grateful to have him on. He let us in his house, man, he brought us lunch. It was a great interview my opinion. So but yeah, we're building. You we got a long way to go, man, but we're building. And uh, we're you know, they've already had it. My dream guess is dream guests. Oh, I see we did numbers though we did good. Yeah it was we did really good.
Speaker 2: Guys, are welcome. That was awesome to be a part of.
Speaker 3: This is crazy but uh, I like you. I like to get Donald Trump in the seat.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 11: Yeah, man, you're going after since you saw the whole note boy thing, right, yeah.
Speaker 9: YouTube take it down. They had six million in a day. Thank you know, not even just for the views or whatever. Just have a conversation, you know.
Speaker 2: Did you ask him?
Speaker 11: What's something that you'd want to ask him?
Speaker 3: Do you like black people?
Speaker 1: M I mean, I feel like that'd be a good little short on YouTube anyway that probably.
Speaker 9: Just let him talk about just let him talk seats. That's what we do. We like, we like to let our guests. Yeah, you know, let's if there's controversy out there and people are looking at you this way and have an opinion, we want to bring you on so you can answer that.
Speaker 3: You can say what the hell you want to say.
Speaker 9: But because we know that this is what's going on in the public or the masses might think one way or the majority the majority of people might think this way, we want to ask you what's up with that and let you explain it. You can tell a lie, you could like, whatever it might be, but we're gonna ask that question.
Speaker 1: You're going to share your narrative, right, So do you think, do you think Donald Trump black's black people?
Speaker 2: Is that something from four years of presidency?
Speaker 11: Don't I don't think you wouldn't say on the because you guys are a platform that will ask those simple questions and let them speak, and you won't have much of a.
Speaker 3: Right, you know what. So now it's a great question. So you know what. For me, I think I think there are certain rhetoric out there that's.
Speaker 9: Been divisive, right, and it's following that. I don't think he dislikes back across the board. I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I think that he was playing into his you know, his following, this demographic, right, But I don't think he dislikes black people. I think that.
Speaker 9: He plays more so into his following because he's a politic politician, I'm sorry, and you know, he has to do things to keep his camp, his base solid, right. He's talking about he's trying to get re elected too at the same time, but he said a lot of stuff that's very divisive, you know, in the eyes of a lot of people.
Speaker 3: And obviously I think that.
Speaker 9: I have a lot of friends white, black, other whatever it might be. But I think when he got in office, those people who were not as vocal and certain subjects. You know, they sort of showed certain colors right and started vocalizing certain things.
Speaker 3: Yet they're still my friends to this day. He still have conversation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I try and be an adult about things.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Don't think he hates black people per se. I don't think he dislikes black people. I think he's certainly playing into his camp and what he had to do to try to get reelected. I think he is a media and attention whore. At the end of the day, he knows how to play that game exactly. He's a politician. He politician, but he look to go on Twitter. I don't think any politician should be allowed. Yeah, if we're going to go and vote for these people, there's other ways to get our attention, maybe a website all this other stuff. But if you're on Twitter, you know you havn't fights. You know on Twitter, that ain't cool. Even when run the Santas the governor of Florida stepped into office. He's a big, big trumpet. He's a Republican. Florida's a heavy Republican state. I did not vote for the Santa Right initially, but the things he's doing in my state are pretty cool. They're good, they're solid, and he's trying to set himself up so he could potentially run for Senate and maybe at some point president. Well, I vote for him or Republican at some point. I grew up in a household where I grew up in the household of six kids. We had to learn to share and get along, right, So from that I developed a more of a democratic you know, mindset, sharing and you don't get along. I think as I've gotten older, at heart, i'm more of a Democrat because I like this. I think that the system works best when we put into it right, and I know a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people believe that. From a taxation standpoint, this that other, I think that helps the system turns better.
Speaker 9: When a Democrat is an offered. But from a business standpoint, I'm more of a Republican mindset because I bust my ass for what I've I've earned what I have, so I don't want the government to just take it all.
Speaker 3: But I do know that there are.
Speaker 9: So many different tax loopholes and things that we can take advantage of as business people and people that have earned seven or eight figures or whatever it is. We can take advantage of a lot of deductions, but I didn't come from a lot, so as much as I have, it's still more than what I've ever had.
Speaker 3: So I don't really get into.
Speaker 9: The whole like tax me thirty percent or twenty that ten percent ain't gonna kill me. I feel like it's giving back in a sense. But I am lately i've been an independent. No, yeah, I'm an independent, but yeah, I just wanted to make sense. Man, I ever vote for a Republican president if his messages right and if it's warranted, then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, the whole the whole party thing is pretty difficult.
Speaker 3: It's stupid to stand on because.
Speaker 11: Because you feel because I like, I know, speaking for me, like you feel weird saying any of these labels because you realize what people, we're.
Speaker 3: The United States of America, Right, we're.
Speaker 1: Actually a constitutional republic as well a constitutional republic.
Speaker 3: But what's the fucking the pledge of allegiance.
Speaker 1: To the flag of the United States of America indivisible and for the Republic for which it stands indivisible.
Speaker 3: But we're fifty state What do you mean indivisible? Right?
Speaker 9: That's a big word for me, right, so so every state has its own laws, and that's divided in itself. Right, we have parties. That's divided. But you said in the in the in the in the pledge. Right, but we're divided. You say we can't be divided.
Speaker 3: You know that doesn't make any sense to me. Why do we have to have parties?
Speaker 1: America's it's a large demographic, And I agree with you. I think parties are a difficult way to go because there's some things from the Democratic Party that I think I agree with that, and there's things they do that I disagree with. Now the Republican side, it goes the same way. The things I like about the Republican Party and there's things I don't like about the Republican Party. So it's hard for me to find a world. People are gonna be pissed about this. I've never voted, and I you know, I thought about voting this less election, ended up not doing it. I probably will in the next one because because of this, the last election and watching and knowing more and getting older, I'm gonna do that. But it's a it's it's tough to put labels on things because if I say to you, I'm a Democrat and you're a Republican.
Speaker 3: It you other different.
Speaker 2: The opposite.
Speaker 3: That's where that guy, Oh you look at me.
Speaker 2: This guy's a libtard. This guy thinks this.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's tough for me to draw a line in the sand with things because you know, people watch this episode of the show that on both sides of the fence, my opinion really doesn't matter. To be out to the world, no, no, but to give us the world like there's things that I will if someone asks me a question, I'll answer it.
Speaker 2: I'm an open book that way.
Speaker 1: But for me to go about my opinions about stuff to get mad on Twitter and be like this, Oh no, Biden's.
Speaker 2: Doing this or Donald it's not me. That's that's just not my vibe.
Speaker 1: I think there needs to be I don't know what there needs to be, but the whole blue and red is it's a difficult thing for me to identify with because I've never liked living in a box, right.
Speaker 3: I just think that, yeah, that makes great sense.
Speaker 9: I don't like the whole party thing because we're divided straight out of the gate.
Speaker 3: You know, it's simple.
Speaker 9: But I do know that when the Democrats are in office, from an investment standpoint, I do know what the big corporations do, you know, I know they cut a lot of jobs. They try and say that numbers aren't adding up, and it pretty much gives you a key on different things you can invest in, right, and then vice versa, exactly when the Republicans are in office, So you know, you take that and you take advantage of it. You know, you live long enough, you'll be able to identify these things when you are investing. We got to live. It doesn't matter who's in office. At the very end of the day. We got to deal with shit, right, right. But I just don't like the whole foundation of this country. Pretty much. It's telling us what we are and what we should be, but then it's contradicting that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of manipulation, for sure.
Speaker 3: Everyone's commenting on everyone's.
Speaker 9: Everyone's commenting, and people were picking a side, you know, And that was the biggest challenge for us in the past two years, not only the pandemic but politics, you know, what was going on, you know, and our every day lives.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we we I think we've gotten past that. Man.
Speaker 9: I just want to live and be happy, man, and enjoy my kids, my family. You know, build companies make a whole lot of money. Man, that's all the fun I wanted to That.
Speaker 2: Sounds a good deal. You know who else is about to have a ken?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you know what?
Speaker 3: So oh you watch when baby watch? Baby watch?
Speaker 2: Make it happy?
Speaker 3: Baby watch what you're expecting?
Speaker 2: Will it's a baby girl?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 11: To day is Sunday, Sunday? Yes, you're listening now, it's Wednesday. The dud day was this past Sunday. I might be a dad as you guys are watching, or we might be late in the game.
Speaker 3: We might be late in the game.
Speaker 2: We know, bro standing dope.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I pointed at Taylor because he couldn't get the Sandon.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what why we had to do the late? Why we had to do this later? That's right.
Speaker 9: People don't see all of that, man. You know you take that into account. Man, what's that like? They don't They don't always get that part right, Like they wouldn't think, you know, the big strong I'll knock your ass out. You know, Taylor, the one gotta not do his show because he ain't got a nanny.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my god, man, I try to be the good dad family. First, no question about it. First, I appreciate you guys. Man, I APPRECIREI put the jacket on. I made mistake.
Speaker 3: I hope you get your dream guests. I do think you you guys are able to figure it out.
Speaker 11: Trump will come on well for you to ask that question either, I will be fucking dial there.
Speaker 3: Can I say this really quick?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: My cousin Milan Bowden, you just recently graduated play ball at Georgetown. He is the first female d a college football at the University of Should befordable. Let's be coaching quarterball?
Speaker 12: Man, that's cute. Yeah, got dope. Yeah, Yeah, that's dope. Yeah man, progressive way. You guys enjoyed this episode. Subscribe to the Boys. You gotta subscribe to the Boys. Over seventy percent of our audience is not subscribed, so we gotta gotta, we gotta, we gotta bridge the gap.
Speaker 3: Man, subscribe.
Speaker 11: Appreciate you guy, Big hugs, Hony kisses. Fred Taylor, the greatest Shacksonville Jaguar of all time. Also subscribe to this podcast, The Pivot. They're crushing it right, yeah, man, be a fucking wolf, that's right.