Speaker 1: First Date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Bailey is on the phone today for our first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Shane. So in a few minutes, we're gonna call Shane and see if he tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Bailey, how long has it been since you heard from Shane?
Speaker 1: Probably, I don't know, maybe like a few days, maybe a week or so, Yeah, about a week, okay, And.
Speaker 3: Have you tried to get a hold of him in that time.
Speaker 1: I've tried texting him a few times. I've tried calling. We said we would meet at the dog park and nothing.
Speaker 3: Wait can I ask why the dog park?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we started running into each other there like a few times a week, and it would just kind of like be fun. We'd have we'd get into deep conversations obviously while our dogs were playing, because she also has the dog. But yeah, and then he eventually asked me if I wanted to get dinner, like just handing without the dogs. So we were always hanging out with the dogs, and yeah, I mean I was excited. I was happy. I was hoping that he would eventually ask, and he did. So we like went to this local Mexican spot in like his neighborhood. It's really nice. It's like really cute patio seating with like the best lights and all that, and it was a lot of fun. We the dinner lasted three hours. Yeah, it was really long. We just talked and talked and talked. We didn't even drink that much because we were just genuinely, you know, interested in talking and enjoying each other's company. And it went really well.
Speaker 2: One of those dates where you're on where the cervikes kind up like young guys right early, we haven't even looked at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think were like this too much.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh I love those moments. So when you can connect to somebody that you can talk to them for three hours, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was fun and there was just the two of us. But yeah, so that was their dinner day. And then you know, at the end of the night we had we kissed and like he shamed really into it, and then he said he had to go, but we said we would do it again and we would see. So after that he said that we would do it again and we would meet up again at the dog park the next day, because both of us just go every day like at a routine. But the next day I went to the dog park and he wasn't there, so I texted him just to make sure he was okay. No answer. I texted again, I called, and that was it.
Speaker 3: That's like even worse than being ghosted, because like now you're also worried about this person's well being. We sure he's single, I mean, he said he was.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that happened on the date that maybe could be something or maybe it could be a reason that you're getting ghosted?
Speaker 1: I mean, like, so I have like the kind of teeth where food always gets stuck in your teeth. Like I don't know why that's the thing for me. Yeah, I checked early. I checked earlier in the night, and like it was fine, and then like I got home and I checked again and I had like a giant piece of cilantro so oh oh God, Like I don't know, maybe he felt it, and I just want to die. I don't know. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing you can think of with something in your teeth, I get.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's literally the only thing I can think of. I'm like that. I don't even know if that's a reason to go someone after three hours of talking, you know.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll play a song and then come back and call him and see if he'll tell us why is ghosting you, and maybe get to another date.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, we'll play a song, come back and get your first Day follow up next.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of today's first Day follow up, if you're just joining us, Bailey is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Shane. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Bailey, why don't you recap your date with Shane real quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, Shane and I met at a dog park. We both have dogs, and we after a few days of hanging out at the dog park, we went to like a local Mexican restaurant. We had a lot of fun, and the dinner actually lasted three hours. We didn't even drink because we were so into talking to each other. It was wonderful. And then at the end we had a nice, beautiful, passionate kiss and We agreed that we'd meet the next day at the dog park. He didn't show up. I texted, I texted, I called nothing, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you ready for us to call on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Let's do it all right?
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, my.
Speaker 3: Sweet to Shane. Please this Shane, Shane. How are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jewbeil and I'm calling from a radio show called The Jewbil Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Shane, I'm Nina Elso on the show. Hi, and I'm Victoria Cool. How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm doing well?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: Folks?
Speaker 3: Great? Thank you for He sounds so scared. It's okay, don't be scared. Have you ever heard of the show before? Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean, of course. Okay, that's why I'm sort of Why are you calling me? If you've never heard the first day follow up? It's a segment of two on the show where somebody's getting ghosted. They can email us and then we call that person to see why they're ghosting them. And we got an email about you, Shane.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: It's from Bailey.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: We talked to Bailey about your date.
Speaker 2: She said it was really great and she has no idea why she's being ghosted, So we're calling you to ask if you would tell us.
Speaker 5: Well, you could say, first all, I has nothing to do with her. She's amazing, and I said, I can't stop thinking about her. So there's nothing wrong with Bailey. The thing is that I am. I'm actually in a relationship, and in this relationship for three years. Actually it's pretty serious. I got it, have an engagement ring. Oh and to be clear, it's really messing with me right now.
Speaker 3: So why did you go out with Bailey in the first play? Shane?
Speaker 4: I probably, I definitely, I definitely should not have. But she was so cool.
Speaker 5: We were having so much front of the dog park. She's funny, she was just very natural, like very natural chemistry. And I guess I convinced myself that if I went on a date and you know, outside of the context of the dog park, maybe like maybe she wouldn't be as awesome and cool. Was very stupid, because it turns out that she is even cooler. I mean, we weren't even we shouldn't even drink.
Speaker 4: We just talked for three hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what she said.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean, honestly, I just really messed up, and I shouldn't have done it. Also, I'm just reevaluating my entire situation, like if in my engage to the right person should be in this relationship, if I'm if I feel this way about this other person, or is it just like because it's so new as Shane.
Speaker 2: That's all good questions. And I bet somebody would like some to figure out some answers with you to That would be Bailey.
Speaker 3: She's actually on the phone talk to you.
Speaker 4: Right, Hey, Bailey, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really confused on how or why you let.
Speaker 4: It get this far.
Speaker 5: Yeah, after the kiss, I was just like one of my thinking this.
Speaker 1: Is I'm confused, and I just don't know why you let it get respond. I just think that you probably should have told me you had a girlfriend when we were at the dogs park and not after we went to dinner for three hours. And I just don't know what you were thinking and how you could do this to two people.
Speaker 3: What was the plan, Sane, like just ghosting Bailey and then it would just go away.
Speaker 5: I was hoping that we would just get a vibe like, oh, we should just be friends, and then that would be easier to just, you know, from then on detached and just be dog parts friends and that is not what happened at all, obviously, and it was very stupid and irresponsible with me, and I hate myself, not that it's anybody's, you know, problem, except for my.
Speaker 4: Own, and I have to figure it out. But I just want to be clear, Like Bailey, I fell for you. I fell for you hard, and I can't.
Speaker 5: I still can't stop thinking about you, and that is that is my problem, and that is my fault. But I just want you to know that you didn't Obviously you didn't do anything wrong and in fact, you're great.
Speaker 1: Well it's my problem too because I'm stuck in this, and it's your girlfriend's problem too, she just doesn't know it yet. But I mean, obviously I'm I have strong feelings for you too. I'm just really upset and I just didn't. I don't know why you did this or what you want to do about all of this now that everybody's involved.
Speaker 3: Well, what do you want to do about this now, Bailey, that you have this information?
Speaker 1: I guess I just want him to man up and make a decision, like he's living with someone that for three years that he's about to propose to and he bought a ring, but he's telling me otherwise. So I think he just needs to leave his girlfriend because I think we're soulmates and I'm I think I'm the one, and that's what he kind of said over a three hour dinner, So I think he needs to do that.
Speaker 3: Shane, and she.
Speaker 4: Might be right.
Speaker 5: I have to figure this out, I mean, Bailey might you might be. That's why I'm so messed up, Like it would be a lot easier if I didn't feel that way. Obviously, I have to figure things out. I mean, like this person's really special to me, obviously about an engagement ring, and again, I just got to make sure I'm not just doing something because I'm feeling something all of a sudden, something new.
Speaker 3: So you both think that each other's soul mates.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just kind of annoyed on him right now.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean we talked about it on the date, you like, everything down to our birthday's lineup, you know, like we're compatible.
Speaker 4: Think we are like tool made. I just I don't know what to do. I mean, daily, what should I do?
Speaker 1: Well? When you can call her, like when we get off the phone now, you can just call her and tell her that it's over and you can come live with me.
Speaker 2: WHOA, Well, I guess I can ask the question now, Shane, would you like to go on another date with Bailey?
Speaker 5: We'll pay for it? Yeah, yeah, and that's the figure this out. But yes, yes, that's I think what I want. But I just want to be clear. So Bailey, you're saying, if.
Speaker 4: I call her and I and things right now, I can live with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you call her and break it up? You can move in tonight if you want, and you can bring that ring that you got for her, because we're soulmates, so just bring the ring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll have to figure out it the storic size, but yeah, what you know, I have to just talking about it right now. I'm feeling like so much weight off my shoulders. I think I think it's the right thing to do. I think your soulmates just where like what I gotta do.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, congratulations Bailey, you got another date and maybe a more fiance out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll pay.
Speaker 2: For a second date, but not the wedding that escalated really Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks guys, And Shane makes that phone, make that phone call, and yeah, I love.
Speaker 3: You, Oh, I love you.
Speaker 5: Too okay Juble's first date follow up