Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some of the stock movers today. I'm Alex Steel alongside Paul Sweeney, and we're joined now by Bloomberg's Isabelle Lee Is.
Speaker 2: Well, what are you looking at?
Speaker 1: We're looking at Palenteers shares are edging lower by fourteen percent. That's the most sense at least made twenty twenty four. So palunder dropped after earnings. Has always failed to live up to investors' loftiest expectations. That as always part isn't Palenteer, but the fact that investors just keep on wanting more and more and pounter really was the one that powered the S and P through much of its gains this year. So the company described rising demand for AI software as quote ravenous whirlwind, and it bumped twenty twenty five revenue forecasts, representing thirty six percent growth. So the company's growth was strong in the US, but enthusiasm was tepid in the rest of the world, which actually constitutes just one third of that's so this concerned analyst and this was really striking to me because it's just less than one third we have Bloomberg Intelligence saying even with all the good news, it just wasn't enough to sustain the evaluation going forward. Vital Knowledge said that the report shows strong upside, although expectations were quite frosty. So Palenter, as we know, was co founded by Peter Steele. It's best known for its military work and intelligence agency. So surprising, Yeah, it stocks of forty percent to date, that three hundred and twenty percent of the betrailing twelve months. So a little bit of a give back was not surprising.
Speaker 2: I guess what us we have Ford?
Speaker 1: So this is also it has mixed messaging. So Ford is edging higher by two percent. The company reported first quarter profit that beat expectations, but it also suspended its full year guidance, just like a long list of companies of course, because of Trump's tariffs, and Ford joins its rivals. Really that's going to be stung by global trade policies. And Ford said that expects the levies to reduce twenty twenty five adjusted earnest before interest and taxes, and it gave a number it expects that to reduce its impact to two point five Billindahl. So this is why I think it's not as down because we have Jeffrey saying that we felt management handled the public call better than previous events, by Barclay saying that okay, well, guidance is pulled, there's favoral cost commentary, and they expect that they will have more clarity in the years to come, in the months to come, and Ford did say that they plan to provide an updated outlook when it reports its next earnings. I mean there's always the trade too, like is it just already baked in?
Speaker 2: Right? Is the bad news baked in?
Speaker 1: Or it's not as bad as potentially expected? All right? Last step, what are you looking at Constellation right? Constellation Energy? Definitely it's edging higher by almost eight percent. So we have the SOCC reporting adjusted provident ebit that that fell short of expectations, but the company maintained its full year profit guidance. So I think that's really what's boosing investors. And the midpoint of the outlook is missing the average estimates. But still we have Blueberg Intelligence saying that the group's performance will likely hinge on outlook for data centers, and in April b I wrote that Constellation controls more than twenty percent of US nuclear capacity, and they're going to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the inflation reduction. I Think.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.