Speaker 1: But all right, job.
Speaker 2: All across the USC Compton, Watts Bay to LA. Come on to California, yes day, come Rowley the Valley. We represent that Keller County. So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you tune into Gangst the Chronicles Coronic Goals.
Speaker 3: We gonna tell you how we go.
Speaker 1: If I lie my notes will girl like Pinocchio.
Speaker 3: We're gonna tell you the truth.
Speaker 2: And nothing but the choosans the chronic goals.
Speaker 1: This is not your average shows.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't Big Steals the streets.
Speaker 4: Hello, we welcome to the Gainst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles for my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael your front screen. Subscribed Against the Chronicles, leave a five star rate the comment. We like to welcome you to another episode Against the Chronicles podcast. It's your boy, Big Steel along with Yeah and tonight I had the Homie Willie D for Willied Live Willie D Podcast and all that other good stuff. You know. Step in with us real quick. Appreciate you stepping in with us real quick. I'm gonna touch on the sign. I know we talked about it last week eight, but it's been some new revelations in the Sonya Macy case. Remember we were saying it was just a bunch of stuff that didn't make sense, right. Come to find out allegedly that the guys wife is a nurse and it fell out with the woman earlier.
Speaker 5: So what do you mean she she had it with her dude or whatever what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the police officer was her. If the police officer has a wife, right, she's a nurse. She fell out with the Sonya Macy lady. Evidently from what I'm hearing, she fell out with her at the hospital, and so she told her husband about it, and evidently, I guess you know, she said she had someone outside, like outside of her house, messing with her, bust the windows of.
Speaker 1: Her car and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't all that, I know.
Speaker 5: All I know is the report was that she called because she thought she heard a prowler outside.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm okay, so it was.
Speaker 4: Him, and so he responded to the call and went back. So evidently this man possibly had something against that lady already.
Speaker 6: That that actually aligned with what I think it was. A sun said something about it. Somebody said something about having seen that office on the scene earlier in the day.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, that it would make a lot of sense.
Speaker 6: And so that could be that could possibly intersect with with him, uh, you know, knocking, you know, busting the windows, you know, busting the window panes. So he could have an excuse for her to call nine one one, and then then he could come back and and you know, be the officer on the scene, give him a great alibi and a great excuse to blow up, blow a head off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because when you think about it, right, he came in the house asthma, she had mental problems. And the only way she would know if the woman had mental problems if he had access to either her hospital records or he had a prior incident with her before and it was something the police.
Speaker 1: Data base about it.
Speaker 4: If that's the case, if this guy's wife went and told her husband that she had she got mental problems, you can't give nobody's medical information away. Frough that that's against hippo, that's against some hippo laws. If I go to the hospital, if I go to the hospital and somebody finds out, Oh that's the dude from the podcast. Unless say I got let's say I got even asthma, and they go out and tell their friends, you know, he got asthma and stuff, they can go to exail for that.
Speaker 1: That's against the law.
Speaker 4: Mm. Yeah, you can't tell nobody's medical You can't tell people's personal medical history.
Speaker 1: Dog and public. Man. The bottom line, the bottom line.
Speaker 6: The bottom line is this uncivilized ment need to be brought to heal Like this, dude, let's just take away all of the premeditated stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, let's just let's just say that didn't even exist.
Speaker 6: What we saw is enough to put that clown away for life, for effort, you know.
Speaker 1: And really, I'm gonna tell you something else.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: They look at the president because I signed an executive art of to start executing police office. I kill them, straight up. I kill them, just like we get life.
Speaker 1: We kill.
Speaker 6: The death penality. Depending on what state you're in, the death penalty is on the table. If you kill a police automatic, it's it's automatically on the table. It should be automatically on the table. When they kill us illegally, m.
Speaker 4: Because that was an execution that that wasn't the that was the fear for his life he executed that woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he showed no.
Speaker 5: Basically, he was just showing how he was using his authoritative figure to his advantage. And then if you know, if the wife has an issue, that's just gonna make his attitude go through the roof.
Speaker 3: A guy who.
Speaker 5: Has been on record of what he went through a four different departments and or six different departments, like there was no way he should have been allowed to be any any kind of patrol officer. When you've been dismissed or you've been reprimanded from six different departments, that shows you got some kind of issue within yourself. As far as the police is, can we already got motherfucking we already got a situations with them, and now you allow a person who's done been you know, out of five six other departments come over the year, I guess they were desperate for patrol men, because that's a dude who should have never been allowed to even police anyone.
Speaker 3: He can't even police hisself.
Speaker 1: Well, he should have never had a badge, you know.
Speaker 4: And my thing is this will if you are an ex military guy that has been like dishonorably discharged. You should be automatically and never he's going to join any police force because do you know how big of a screw up you got to be get dismissed from the military. You got to do a whole lot of messing up. It needs to be guidelines. It's like being a police officer is probably a doctor, a police officer, fireman. You have to be a person that's really a public servant type. And that's why I'm a fan of community policing. I wish they would start hiring guys that are really from the neighborhood. You got a you know, you it ain't all knuckleheads floating around the neighborhood. You got guys that would make good police officers to come back to places like comp you know, Fifth War, different places that actually come up in the environment of no people.
Speaker 1: I think it just make better policemen.
Speaker 6: You're absolutely right in that regard. However, Uh, once those police officers uh go home. You know, at some point, those police officers have to go home. And those police officers probably are not gonna live in in the community where they serve, even if they are black, They're probably not gonna live in the community that they that they serve, right, and then uh, there will be time where you're gonna have a spill over when when you call the police, whoever is available, whoever's in the area, whoever close by, it's gonna it's gonna you know, uh, converge on the team. But beyond beyond that, and this, this is a greater concern of mine when these cops uh are not controlling our neighborhood. Let's say you got you know, regular pill billy bub bubba. Wait, that can't stand black folks. He can't hate us, straight up, regular clansman, proud boy. Right, he don't have to work in our community to get some free killed. He can wait till we cross that line. So you basically he can say, Okay, that's their community. I can't police that area. But the moment they drive that car, pass that that railroad track, once they cross that intersection, I got them. I can do I still can do whatever I want to do with them. So maybe black people are not getting killed in their own communities, but they're getting killed right outside of their own communities.
Speaker 1: Now the bodies are still turning up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's because we'll you know, we see them put police officers in jail. There's nothing. They get off more often than not. You know, it's very it's probably I don't know the exact statistics, but it's really rare for a police officer to really go to jail. You know, usually he has some kind of special they put a special unit on and they let him off because they still all police officers in the day and they look out for each other. So these guys really don't have any consequences. And I think the only solution that you have it is just like you said, I bet you if they start frying a few of them dudes, people start thinking.
Speaker 1: Well, it's two ways.
Speaker 6: It's only really two ways for them to change their behavior is either they're held accountable in the court law or either the people hold them accountable in the streets.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's it.
Speaker 6: It ain't no other way because we can try everything else, it don't work.
Speaker 1: Don't know. I don't care how much you march.
Speaker 6: They yeah, they might put a den in it, but it seemed like they ain't slowed down and the killing. Remember when they was protesting George Floyd's murder at the height of the protests, somebody got killed right down the street, a police The person right killed another black person right down the street. It's almost like that. It's almost like they killed purposely just to prove a point that hey, ain't none changed. Just like just like when Barack Obama became president, black people were still getting slaughtered in the streets by police in record numbers, and it's almost like they acted up. I remember when we had we had our Chief Lee Brown in Houston. I think he was the first black police chief in Houston. Well, guess what, more black people died on his watch at the hands of the police than they did when he when we didn't have a black u police chief. And that is because some of these guys they got the mentality like, hey, ain't none changed. We're gonna prove to y'all that you know, ain't nothing changed, and we're gonna keep doing exactly what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: What we're doing. What's gonna stop us.
Speaker 6: They killed a woman named Ida Ley de Laney on the highway, a black woman who was a grandmother on the highway. White boys behind her, they were drunk police officers. They were drunk, they were bothering her. It was a road raided situation where they pretty much ran off the road when they ran up on it. She down, she pulled, you know, she pulled that thing, and you know, before she could get hers off, they gunned her down and they all walked. Keep in mind, they were drunk, they were agitators, they were provocators.
Speaker 1: They went after her and they got off.
Speaker 6: So this is the type of stuff that they do because they know that they got they got the damn qualified immunity. They got skin colored immunity. You did, know what I'm saying. So that so that's that's what we're up against. So it doesn't matter, you know, it'll happen. Don't let me back up. It does matter. It does have it has it has some uh, it has some credibility of putting pole police officers in the neighborhoods with people that look like them.
Speaker 1: That it has some, But that is not the complete answer.
Speaker 6: The complete answer is accountability all the way across the board, whether they killed in the neighborhood or whether they killed outside of our neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know what the thing is, I don't wish you one hundred percent on your first solution. It's starting to Friday as because you know, and I hearing all these people talk about Trump. Now, Trump has said multiple times that he's going to give police officers immunity. That's pretty much saying I don't give a damn what they did. They're gonna they not gonna have to stand trialt, They're not gonna have to do nothing. They not going to have to do none of that. They just gonna be able to go out there, rape, kill, and do whatever it is they want to another thing that they do. I saw a thing today to where you had a guy that was an ex military He was a Mexican dude going into Vegas. He had eighty five thousand dollars in his Trump the automatically told me, said, this is my life savings. I've been saving my money. I'm moving, I like keeping my cat. That's just right. It gets the lord to have cash. They told him, well, according to our dogs, this is drug money. He said, I canna give dogs tell this drug money.
Speaker 1: He said money.
Speaker 4: These bills are over twenty years old. So if it's your life savings, why did you have this money? He said, Well, I can go to the bank and take my life savings out. You can go to the bank and get any thousand dollars out. Police have been out here taking people's money, and their whole thing is that they just ring them like a game without with impunity.
Speaker 1: It's a game if they can go in your car.
Speaker 4: Let's say you just came off a tour and you got sixty thousand dollars in your car, they can pull you over and take your money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they try to do me like that. I had went on tour that I was in Japan and I came back and you know, some of my people's lived in a not so desirable part of the city. But I still, you know, because I'm feeling I'm legit enough that i can go, you know, visit my peoples. So upon entering the apartment complex, they're going in and I'm coming out, and they automatically eyed me. So they instantly busted U turn followed me for about maybe ten minutes, and then just decided, fuck it, we're gonna flash you.
Speaker 3: So they flash me. They walk up to the car, they.
Speaker 5: Doing all they mumbo jumbo, and then so they take me out the car. Said I had a warrant out of La County, but it's a different county. So you know how that worked. So anyway, they going through my bags and stuff. So I had maybe about ima have maybe about four grand cash that I didn't positive and the bank when I got back from tour. So they find the money. Then they find my backpack and seeing pictures of me standing with a gang of Japanese dudes and low low riders and all of that, so they automatically figured I was a drug dealer with connections to Japan, and they tried to confiscate my money and I showed them playing tickets and everything, and they basically handcuffed me, took me in, took my card to the impound, kicked in my speaker boxes, everything.
Speaker 3: Looking for drugs and all that.
Speaker 5: So and then they stuck me in the hole in the holding cell all the way in the back of the jail. You know, they didn't get me, no phone, called, none of that shit. And it just happened to be a black cop come back there, see me sitting in there, and he actually let me out because I didn't have it.
Speaker 3: You know, the warrant was out of La County. La.
Speaker 5: Wasn't finna come pick me up for a traffic ticket, you feel me?
Speaker 3: So they let me out.
Speaker 5: But the whole matter of it was that they wanted to affiliate me with some underworld shit because they wanted to confiscate my money. They wanted to time my money to some drug dealing and then then after asking me about it, then they want to start asking you who do you know, well, who can you give us or you don't know anybody that you know, So they're very upfront with trying to confiscate whatever they feel you give me. Nigga, I had two brand new motherfucking Madden Football games in the package. They took them. Motherfuckers. They took my iPod, Nigga. My whole car was toe up because they was looking for drugs. But then they gonna justify. You go to ask the tow truck yard where's all my shit at? They gonna say they said, hey, the police came in here and they just went through your car. They tore everything up and they took what they wanted.
Speaker 4: And you have no type of recourse to go and say, hey, y'all gonna did forty five damage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't give a fuck. They not don't care.
Speaker 5: The whole plot was they wanted to confiscate my money, and the money was with a bank receipt like all that. It was in a bank envelope, everything, But they still tried like hell to confiscate the bread because they just want to associate us automatically to negativity. You know, nigga, you from the streets, are you drug dealing? What's what these pictures of you and all these Japanese dudes. I'm like, dude, I was an entertainer and went on tour. They wouldn't believe that shit for nothing. So we already got a couple of strikes against us. We're trying to go up against the laws, you know what I'm saying, especially when they have that prejudiced mind state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a big part of it.
Speaker 6: The other side of it is they just wanted that money, and they'll come excuse just like they want to kill They'll come up with any kind of excuse to kill you when they want to kill you. When they want that money, They'll come up with any kind of excuse to get that money, whether they try to whether they try to attach you to some type of drug activity, whether they try to attach you to a bank robbery or whatever.
Speaker 1: They just want that money.
Speaker 6: And the trip part about it is even when they are dead wrong. Even though when the evidence is clear and you have proof that it's your money, they can take your money anyway and make you fight to get the money back.
Speaker 1: Definitely, And sometimes when.
Speaker 6: You live out of state and they confiscate your money, you know, you might it might add up to what you say. You know what, man, it ain't even worth going back in this little small town where they run everything and they try to intimidate you, and hell, my life might be on the line going back there trying to get this money, you know, because you know, you might think, well, they hit me up for five thousand dollars, I gotta go stace over to get my money. To try to get my money, I got to get a lawyer. And you know what, by the time I get the lawyer and keep going back and forth, man, it might be a washed So, you know what, let them have it. So imagine how much money that people have just left behind and allowed them to just take and keep going. Imagine imagine how many people have had their homes burglarized by the police, invaded by the police, and they just took televisions and stuff and said, hey, we're confiscating this because it's drug, it's drug popperty, it was bought with drug money, you know. So they do this all the time. It's actually a culture. This is what this is part of what they do. And this is one of the biggest reasons why a lot of cops like to work in small towns, because you can get away with stuff like that a lot more often than smaller towns where the police chief is also the school superintendent, his wife work in the police department, in the permits department, his nephew, his nephew and his son are the deputies.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: His cousin is the land surveyor.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: This is how they control people and intimidate people by and they stack the deck in their favor. And this is why in the smaller towns oftentimes you can see a whole lot more corruption then you will see in these big cities, because in the bigger cities, that's more of uh, that's more of a of a of overseers, and there's more checks and balances you dig and and and that's more exposure, there's more media, so they a lot of them, they'll try to move over to these little small towns so that they can run this run the cities and and and treat it and treat people like trash and get away with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know what this particular guy and the way these guys were able to do with it is Nevada police officers.
Speaker 7: They have.
Speaker 4: They have an adoption with the Feds to where they can seize properly. So that means if you come in that freeway from California, Let's say we're going to Vegas for the weekend. We taking our wives to Vegas for the weekend, and we may have ten fifteen thousand dollars cast let's say whatever, whatever it is, it's five thousand, whatever, you're going there, they can pull you over and say what a dog smelt this and that on your money. Now, you know, every dollar in this United States ain't no telling how much money don't pass through somewhere. It might have weed in it, it might have cocaine, and they might have some anything in it. But still if they not charge you with a crime, they should be they shouldn't be able to do that. But they changed the law because that's how they was getting away with the stuff in places in Vegas. So they that adoption thing where you can act like the fares and just seize people's things.
Speaker 1: You can't do that no more.
Speaker 4: Because they said it was like something like seven million dollars unclean money in Vegas.
Speaker 1: They just don't took for people over the years.
Speaker 4: Think about how many things that Think about now you go to Vegas your gamble. Let's say you winning ten thousand dollars and you know, way back on, what's the stop there from jacking you for that ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Say you ain't win this into seem right, right, they can do whatever.
Speaker 5: It's unfortunate fact, it seems like, you know, that's a never ended story for us. You give me for for us people dealing with the police and those situations of the brutality that we suffer behind the police. People don't want to people don't want to shine light on it. But you know, it's shipped. It's been going down for a long time, man, you know, the killings, the the unjustice and all that shit. It's been going down in the neighborhoods. And now that it's spread out to it ain't just us anymore. You feel me used to be the ghetto nigga or the project nigga, or the nigga on the streets banging, selling dope. Now, could just be a regular citizen, man, You give me you know what I'm saying. George Floyd, Sonya, you know how many people were killed in that time of George Floyd situation.
Speaker 3: Uh, it was a gang of us shot and killed.
Speaker 5: And it just like you said, it just seems like they would to prove the point of so what, it's still gonna happen, you know what I'm saying. It's like, so what y'all tried to pay y'all tried to put attention on one situation, and like I was trying to tell people, shit, we were going through that shit for years. We've been going through police rutality for years, man. And not to not to put a demo on George Floyd or Sonya or any other black person who has been you know, unfortunate to police, but we were seeing this shit gone for a long time. You know, sometimes it's unfasible to niggas because they used to come through the neighborhood and just do it the fuck.
Speaker 3: You give me jacket.
Speaker 5: Niggas doing whatever they want, beating our asses, taking us to hold in takes and putting us in jail for twenty four hours just to get us off the street. We've been going through that shit for a long time, getting our faces kicked in and beat up in the back of the police car or in holding tanks, putting us in the cells with the enemies and shit, and watching us fight it out on the motherfucking monitors in the holding tanks. I mean shit, there's a lot of motherfucking brutality we've been through.
Speaker 3: You give me well, since you've.
Speaker 4: Been a public the primary figure on yous and have you suffered any abuse of the hands of police?
Speaker 1: Have you ever had something happen to what? They tried to jam you up? Once?
Speaker 6: But I kicked three of their asses that day, so I still won't you know that day I put the shit out of three of them.
Speaker 1: They was you know, yeah, one of them got out of line. I was in the club right.
Speaker 6: Let me preface this by saying, you really don't want to get into it with the police unless you're ready to crash out if you really way out hand your business. I ha hand of your business, I understand, but you really don't want to get into it with him, because even if you win, you're gonna lose right case, and I'm in the club. My partner goes into the girl's restroom. He got a cast on his leg.
Speaker 1: My partner is a cock hound boy.
Speaker 6: He crazy by women, and he's just woman crazy and just just going to the women's restroom and chasing a woman. Next thing, I know, they got him. They got him jacked all up. You know, keep in mind, he got a cast on his leg, got broke. They just got him jacked up, dragging him out the club. So I'm standing on the side. I say, hey, man, they passed him by me. I said, you know, I had my drink in my hand. I say, man, y'all ain't got to handle him like that. I keep in mind, I don't mess with the police. I stay out of their way. I limit my contact with them. This particular police officer was a shorter dude who was a little short, stocky red dude, right, and he was a trouble maker. I always watched him in the club how aggressive he was with black folks. He was very aggressive, and so I always stayed out of his way. But on this particular day, you know, I don't know, I guess got my pott in some riding for my pott. So I say, yea, y'all, ain't got the hand of him like that. And dude was like, well, you can get out too. So I had a drink in my hand and I set the drink down. I say, I put the drink down, and I kind of like standing it on the table. I was like, yeah, I've been kicked out of better places. So I started marching out with him. So as I'm marching out, the cop stepped on the heel of my shoe.
Speaker 1: I looked. I looked back at him and gave him a look.
Speaker 6: And now I'm saying that now I'm coming because I and I'm saying to myself, if he stepped on my foot again, I'm gonna piece him up. So I took a few more steps and he stepped on my foot again. I turned around, dropped him, and I know I gotta throw one hit to quit it because it's three of them. So I got everything I got, I gotta give it to him. So I turned around, hit him with fang, dropped that boy. The other one come, he come a little try to get a red dressing. As soon as he got in right there where I can slide in to him, I dropped him. Next one come, he started to get dropped. Now he coming, but he being a little bit more cautious. He really really intimidated though he's scared, but he coming anyway.
Speaker 1: M h. I got up on him.
Speaker 6: I act like I was gonna I act like I was kind of like gonna spam, and so he got a little gressed. And when I got him in that little range where I knew I could get him, I turned back around, dropped him. Every last one of them suckers didn't have nothing. I hit every last one of them with a one hit, a quit, a one punch if the thius said, knocked the ass out with one punch, you know what I'm saying. And after I drop them, it's two big white cops behind me at the door because I'm trying to get out the door I'm bout. I'm probably about six seven eight steps away from the door. I know once I hit this door, I'm gone because I'm in the parking lot and it's cars everywhere. I know the area like the back of my hand, So I'm gone. I'm trying to get to the back to the door. They the two white cops blocked my way out. You know, they blocked the entry and I couldn't get out, so they tackled me on the ground, all of them. They rushed me, attacked me on the ground, and the one who started to fight stole on me. Yeah, he hit me in the eye. And long story short, I was on probation. I was on ten years probation. This is right at the start of the ghett Boys. This is like nineteen eighty nine, ninety so this is right when we're starting the heat up, and I had I was already on ten years probation. Now I got to assault against the police officers three and I got to get out of this, bro because if I don't get out of this, the whole landscape in Age Town is that hip hop different, Gonna be different in Age down and in the South if I don't get out of this right here.
Speaker 1: In any event, a dude showed.
Speaker 6: Up the court for the hearing and he had amnesia.
Speaker 1: He told a different story, and then judge dismissed the case.
Speaker 6: Now, I wouldn't advise anybody to get into it with the police unless you're ready to crash out, unless you're ready to go all the way out. And I wouldn't allow I wouldn't advise anybody to just allow themselves to be murdered, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like I hear people saying like.
Speaker 6: Yo, man, you got to kill me, You kill me, kill me, I'll be only I'll be thinking the opposite. You know what I'm saying. I don't know real just letting them take me, like, get me, you know what I'm saying. So if you ain't willing to go all the way out and crash out, I would say, don't even try. Man, go ahead and comply, go ahead and deal with it. Stay away from him. When you're around the police. Really, what you want to do is limit your You want to limit your contact with them, and you want to get them out of your face as soon as possible. So when you get pulled over by the police, even if they profile you wish, they often do, even if they profile, even if you feel like they're wrong, don't do what I did when I was a youngster and I was driving that that brand new Lexus when it first came out, When Lexus first came out, I had I had the big one and I'm riding down the freeway.
Speaker 1: They pulled me over and rush our traffic.
Speaker 6: Now you know, the police do not pull people over and rush our traffic on the freeway.
Speaker 1: They pulled me over and rush our traffic on the freeway in Houston.
Speaker 6: And I'm hot because I know these food pulling me over because I'm black. He profiled me out of all these thousands of the damn cars on the freeway, especially in the rustion over traffic. He pulled me over and rush our traffic. And I'm hot, And what you pulled me over?
Speaker 1: Fuck? Say the fuck you pulled me so I'm hot.
Speaker 3: Hot.
Speaker 6: So he finally was like, yo, well this this called mashed the description of a stolen vehicle. I say, man, you know, god damn where this car is stolen. I just bought this car because I had the fresh tags on the back. I said, I just bought this car, you know it? And uh. Then he walked back up to me, gave me my my I d back and just drove off.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: So I would advise, don't act like I act, don't behave like I did. That that's really not the right way to do because at the end of the day, I know that it's hard to believe, but police officers are people too. You know there are people just that some of them behave like uncivilized much so it's easy to forget that. But they got feelings, they got emotions, they got pride, and when they got that bad jone. Just like anybody in the position of authority, they want their respect and if they don't get it, you're gonna have some problems. So the easiest thing to do, like I said, in that song, we had a song. Ghetto Boys had a song called the Secret. Uh it was George Clinton actually performed that song with us. But it's a song called a Secret on the Foundation album. While I said, I'm yes, sirn, no, sirn. But when need to pull off this a motherfucking dick, sucking red necked son of him, bitch.
Speaker 1: When he pull off, not while he's in my present. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And the name of the game is to get home, baby, get home. Just like they're trying to get home, I'm trying to get.
Speaker 3: Home to you.
Speaker 6: The name of the game is to get home, Get home, Get home. Play the States, play the stay Alive, play the State Free. So yeah, I've had a couple issues, but I know, but I keep in mind. Also I got family members who are police officers. I got family members who are high ranking police officers. I got I got family members who are in the FBI. Okay, so I you know, I understand I'm not one of them dudes who all cops ain't dishing all cops. I'm not like that because I know those dudes personally and I know that they solid dudes. They're good dudes. It's like you was alluding to early. You was talking about how we got some good dudes in the hood that would make some good police officers, right.
Speaker 1: Right, So they are good.
Speaker 6: God, there are good cops out there, but these uncivilized much they got to go.
Speaker 1: I'm here for sure.
Speaker 4: I got relatives in the law enforcement too, and ain't got homeboys as good cops. As a matter of fact, my son got pulled up by one of my partners told he said, man, I'm gonna tell you stop. You know, I saw you on your phone and doing this and that. He said, everybody ain't gonna be as nice as me. I know you're dead, and I'm gonna tell me he was out here on the phone when he was driving. He said, you know my dad, He said, yeah, you wanna call him right now. And my boy called me and told me it is just a lot of good cast as police officers. I got homeboys, real good police officers. They serious about what they do, they care about your bad. But it's a contingency of officers man to make everybody look bad, and every police officer in bad. It's actually it's probably more good people in the forest than these bad people. But them few ones that sit in there, they such fuck ups and such bad people. They reflected on everybody.
Speaker 6: The only thing about the only thing about that that.
Speaker 1: Fact that you may presents the conundrum.
Speaker 6: Because we we want to be safe, just like everybody else, like black people want to be safe in their neighborhoods. We don't want to not like the police. We don't want to not like the police. But how can you like a motherfucker they don't like you, you know what I'm saying. So that's what that's what we find ourselves at. So these cops who are who are the a holes, they got to be exposed by the ones who are not. In order to really shift the pendalum, you have to have more cops who are really good cops speaking out and until we get them to speak out.
Speaker 1: We really can't.
Speaker 6: We're really gonna struggle with really saying that we got more good cops than bad cops until we get the ones that really speak out. Because once you get, once you make it cool to actually be a solid cop, once you make it cool, once you make it cool to be an honorable police officer, then honorable becomes the norm. It becomes the standard. Right now, being an honorable police officer is not the standard. Being a corrupt peace officer or police officer is the standard. Being a clown, being an asshole, being arrogant, being a drunk being, being a druggie. That is the standard right now, because that is what we see mostly. And we could talk about good cops all we want, but we don't have the luxury to We don't have the luxury to downplay how serious that is because lives are.
Speaker 1: On the line right Human beings are.
Speaker 6: Being slaughtered in the streets every day, and if not being slaughtered, they're being raped, they're being rawed, they're having their homes invaded, Like this is my home. I paid the rent here, I pay the life here, I paid the mortgage. You know, I paid to get the lawn mowed. Mode I pay for this, dwelling, I pay for this. And just because you got a gun and a badge, you can just kick the door in when you feel like it and starts shooting.
Speaker 1: Naw, I'm found now.
Speaker 6: So until until there are some real repercussions, ain't it ain't gonna be a change. It's almost like somebody going to school. Man, imagine if your kid went to school. Let's say eight you sent your kids to school, and every day your kid went to school, he getting into a fight, he fighting teaching, He ain't making no good grades, he telling them teacher gets my ass, my daddy, NCA, He'll kick your ass, fuck you, then come home and then tell you what he ain't gonna do, and all this what And then on top of that, he got birthday, big old birthday bash coming up, and you throw him the birthday bash. If your child can still get what they want at the end of the day, if you're gonna reward bad behavior, there is no incentive to change such bad behavior.
Speaker 1: And that's where we find ourselves at with these cops.
Speaker 6: If these cops were being held accountable, there's a good chance that Sonya Massey would still be alive because that cop Shune Grayson would have known that he was going to be investigated and that was a great probability that he would be prosecuted and convicted. See when they know, that's why you don't see a lot of black cops killing people for nothing. You don't see black cops illegally gunning people down. It ain't because black cops are so wholesome.
Speaker 1: He ain't that. It is because they know that there's a line that they can ain't cross.
Speaker 6: Really, they know that if they do this, this is gonna happen, They're gonna be held accountable. That's why they don't do it. The black cops are held accountable. Even the Hispanic cops are here accountable to a great extent, but these being held accountable by far and large.
Speaker 4: And my experience now I don't have some white boys soever, but the maskin and black cops are here the hardest on you.
Speaker 1: Seem like they're trying to make a point. You ever noticed that, e.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they, like I said, it's the profiling of the area. You get me, and you know that attitude is more or less of of you know, niggas being still bred in the neighborhoods that they probably, uh, you know, despised. They despise eyes, especially when they try to impress.
Speaker 3: You get me.
Speaker 5: They despise when you're not following the code that they followed to get to where they're at. So we get harassed a little bit more by our own kind in our sections, you get me, That's just the norm for us here.
Speaker 1: You get me, You get harassed. But do you get killed.
Speaker 3: No, you might not get killed.
Speaker 5: You might you might get a little your pride hurting, a little embarrassment, talk shit to or called names or whatever. But there ain't never been a situation where I don't think niggas was worried about the black cop pulling a gun on them, gunning them down. You know, you more or less talk shit to the niggas, you sell out type of motherfuck or fuck you. You know, I don't think we ever feared that. But getting pulled over by a white cop, you damn Mike, You get me, You have a bere like, oh, this motherfucker might shoot me, you feel me, So let me try to comply a little bit more differently.
Speaker 1: You know, And I've seen both instance.
Speaker 4: I've seen where you have a cop that got a real you know, he got a real reason to pull somebody over.
Speaker 1: There may be stephen something. He's just trying to give them their ticket and get on. We don't have the luxury that the white boys. Guys. I've seen white boys go in on police officers.
Speaker 3: Mm hm oh yeah.
Speaker 5: You see them get pulled over by their own come they had cut some motherfucker out.
Speaker 3: They'll do ship that. You wouldn't even fatho them up doing. You get me.
Speaker 1: Why do they do that? Though?
Speaker 6: They do it because there's no incentive for them to change behavior. If the police started busting across their motherfucking heads and shooting them, they'll stop doing that. They It ain't that they brave them. It ain't that it is the only thing that's keeping them from doing at behaving a different way, stony things, stopping the police from doing them the same way. It ain't because they have some type of infinite love for them. It is because of the law. It is the law, when the law, they know that they're protected by the law. That is the only reason why that they behave like that. Because they are police officers who do kill their own kind, and who do rob their own kind, who do weaponize law enforcement, who do weaponize law enforcement to get back at their enemies in their family and in their neighborhood, and you know, the on jobs where their spouses work at. You know, they weaponize the police departments all the time. They weaponize law enforcement all the time. But the only reason why they don't cross those lines is because of the law. The only reason why white folks talk to the police the way they do is because they already know that the police ain't gonna do nothing. But what happens the first time the police disregard the cold The police crack a white person across here. That's what they do. Okay, yo, Yeah they ain't still really bad ass. They not know Billy bad as they started talking.
Speaker 4: I don't seen the white folk ship the police and get away with it. Yeah, but I don't get small with the police. I have my hands on lieuten and two. If they ask you for something, okay, I'm gonna reach my glove for i'mna grab my insurance.
Speaker 6: Here you go, I got one better for you. Don't keep your insurance and your glove compartment, keep it above in your bisor don't even keep it in your console. Don't keep it nowhere where they could they that they could possibly say that a gun.
Speaker 1: I thought he was reaching for a gun. There ain't nothing left out but the bias.
Speaker 6: Keep that, keep keep that, keep that insurance card right up there, you know on your visor.
Speaker 1: Some people got a little patch on.
Speaker 6: They got a little pouch that they keep on their windows that they or they're having handy and when the police pull them over, they just put it right there on there on their on the window. It's a little clip. Put it on the window. Boom d is right there. But yeah, do you think.
Speaker 1: A lot of these guys are really scared whill a lot of police?
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, they're not scared, bro. And we need to stop saying that. We need to stop, we need to stop entertaining that ship. They're not scared. These same cops who claim that they're scared are signing up to come and work in Fifth Ward and come and.
Speaker 1: They signed up. Look, when they're in the academy, they're hoping.
Speaker 6: They get signed to the hood because they know they can run rampant in the hood. They know they can be disrespectful. They're looking for the action. They want to use that gun, they want to kill something. They looking to come into the hood. They're not afraid of us. Why look, man, would you be afraid if you had look for anybody has ever been in a gang. Some of you have been been been involved in games, right, and I'm talking about the audience.
Speaker 1: Some of you have been involved in games. Right.
Speaker 6: When you're in a gang, you feel a little you feel fortified, if you feel confident.
Speaker 1: You know, you know you got your homies.
Speaker 6: They got my back, man, And you know to a spot being worried about none because man, you know somebody get out line, y'all gonna serve them up. Well, that's how the police have. They know that they're the biggest game in the entire country. So that gang is so big that if they don't have enough on the ground right then and there, they'll come in from out of state. They're they're shipping in from out of state, fine in. You know, they be driving all in from all over the place, different counties. They just come from everywhere or converge on the action, come to get you. So that's why you can have the biggest and the baddest, most dangerous dude in the hood who got everybody shook. But when the police come and say, yo, we got a warn for your risk for traffic. Take his ass. Gonna comply because he because he know their game is much larger than his game. And their gang is a legalized game. Their gang gets their checks from the government. Their gang is their gang is actually it's more funded than any game that they could ever even imagine started.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just at one time, you was a little kid when the Compton shriff Department was cracking, right.
Speaker 3: When you Compton Police Department.
Speaker 1: Yeah, police department.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had the PD before the sheriffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Compton PD, I heard was the worst stuff in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it was.
Speaker 5: It was kind of a rough time for us growing up in Compton. Uh, if you was affiliated with gangs, you know, they would patrol hit your block. You know, you probably go to jail every night just for what they would try to call loitering. But you know, we were just hanging out in the hood. So you go to jail, you know, beat up, you know, taking the enemy hoods and dropped off, you know ship they were cooking themself.
Speaker 3: You know, a couple of and.
Speaker 5: PD got killed by somebody back in the days because they were so fucked up. Uh, and then you know the situation with you know the police chief, I mean back then, and and you know their affiliations with death row records and all that. So Counting PD was vicious and that's why they got canceled out, and that count the Sheriff's moved in and had to take over because the police department was just too vicious, man, it was.
Speaker 3: It was too corrupt and vicious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, will they had dope come up missing up the evidence room and everything.
Speaker 6: But yeah, they got dope coming up missing out the evidence room in every police department. Hey, all of them family, it's a culture. All of them operate the same way. They just take turns getting caught. They all operate the same way. Man, It's a culture. They all they like the same. Part is is that once somebody do become a police officer and they do try to go in and try to do the right thing. It's almost like how teachers operate. The teacher try to go do the right thing, go in for the students. The cop try to do the right thing, go in for the citizens. But then he realized that his biggest fight is not the citizens. The biggest fight is not The biggest fight is the administration. Is the people that run it. The biggest fight is the management. You know, the in every industry in the United States of America, the worst of the worst people are at the very top. And that is why nothing changes. From the CDC to UH, to the healthcare industry, to the transportation industry, to the clergy, to the finance industry, to educate UH, every social every single industry bro the worst of the worst people are at the very top. And that's why nothing ever really changes. And also and also because good people are not willing to take the risk that the bad and the worst of the worst, those uncivilized much are. Good people have a limit. Bad people don't. An uncivilized mutt will do anything. They'll kill anybody, including their mama. They'll kill their children to stay on the stay in power, to stay on top. They don't mind dropping a bomb on a defenseless country. They'll drop a bomb on their own, on a community that they serve.
Speaker 1: They don't care. Whatever it takes to stay in control and maintain power, they'll do it. They'll sell out their citizens to allow company needs to come in and put UH faith, put.
Speaker 6: Chemicals in our food and water supply. They'll strike a deal with a company to sell us manufactured meat like meat they actually make make mad up meat. They'll they'll do that for a dollar. They'll sell us out. Then we've been sold out. And what's a whole lot of that? If you know this, bro, if you ever notice, will.
Speaker 3: If you go to a suburban.
Speaker 1: Community, if you go to a suburban community, right, they.
Speaker 3: Put yourself up what you Jack?
Speaker 1: I said, hold on you you're talking?
Speaker 4: Oh go ahead, yeah, if you if you, if you are in a suburban community, you will notice they don't sell that. They don't sell the old hundred. They don't sell an old English a hundred. Gonna sell the MD twin and all that. You going there, you're gonna find all that. But if you come and Watts personal, you gonna see all that shit. In the white community don't allow that. The white community don't allow that. If you notice in the black community, some McDonald's on every corner.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's a McDonald's. It may not be a McDonald's on every corner. And the white communities, but all lists say the suburban communities, but every other corner McDonald's got everybody. So everybody getting McDonald's is an equal opportunity killer. They killing everybody. They McDonald's don't give a damn. They killing everybody. And those same burgers they sell that same meat they cooked with that same grease at McDonald's all over the country. So yeah, those those fat foods, McDonald's, churches, pipe eyes, uh.
Speaker 1: Burger king, all that stuff. Yeah, they we all in that regard.
Speaker 6: If you eating fast food, you're gonna get the same thing, same thing at Taco Bell. They sell that Taco Bell in Compton, they sell that Taco Bell in fifth Ward.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, man. Well man, you know what. The one thing that I really wish we would start doing, man, and my big thing is we can sit up here and talk about this ship that we blew in the face. Man, we need to start doing something about it. We need to start holding people accountable. And I know a lot of the homelies or not in the politics or whatever. And I don't even know if politics is the answer, but we need to stop supporting the bullshit. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've already started myself personally, you know, like I think each one reached teach one. Start with yourself and then any kids that you produce. You know, it's it's it's incombent upon you to do that. Make sure that you you know that you break the side, you know, make make you know, even with my kids, man, you know, early on, man, I made my kids when they were like when they were in school, I made them do community service every year, Like like they had to do community service in the summer. They did community They did community service. That was part of their uh, that was part of them paying their dues to society for living the life that they had. You know, you gotta do community service. You gotta give back, so, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, I think that's important, man, And I think I wish more parents had that mentality that you had of making their kids, you know what I'm saying, go do stuff for the community.
Speaker 1: I think right now, man.
Speaker 4: We just stuck in such a fucked up place in a miracle right now, man, where stuff was real crazy. Right now, man, American survive at the rate we're going, this trajectory that we that we're on right now, that this trajectory that we're not gonna we can't survive.
Speaker 1: Like it's too divided.
Speaker 6: It's too divided, not just along racial lines, but along uh it's divided along age lines, is divided along economic lines or religious lines. Every line that you can think of. We didn't figure out a way to divide ourselves. And that is why if it ever really went down, if we ever had a foreign enemy, had to deal with a foreign enemy, America would lose. America would be destroyed. I'm talking about a foreign formidable enemy. America. America would not make it. There'll be too many people saying, you know what, ship, I'm tired of this anyway, Let's see what the Let's see what the other side looks like. Oh, it's for sure right now, man, and looking at this were about to get up out of here in a minute, will But looking at our looking at the run for the president of the United States, you got Kamala Harris and you have Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Do you think Kamala stands a chance? Yeah? She got that food shaking in his boots.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, she does standard sham I mean she she uh yeah, she stands a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: I've been really doing my research on her, and a lot of thoughts that I had about her initially, I've kind of changed my mind because that's the thing that's real dangerous right now. You got a lot of people to put false information out there. Her information is not really true and it sounds real convincing, and if you're not careful, let's star. I tell everybody I don't get into politics with people. I say, vote on who you want to vote for, but make sure you're want to go do the research on that. Don't just believe what Joe Blow is saying or this person is saying. Don't just tune in to Charlotte Mane and hear what he're talking about.
Speaker 1: You go on your own.
Speaker 6: I don't know if Kamala is the answer, but I know Donald Trump ain't.
Speaker 5: And as anybody to answer, though, is anybody to answer?
Speaker 6: I subscribe to anybody but Trump philosophy. And that's why I stand. And none of y'all out that could tell me anything different in everybody but Trump man, I'll.
Speaker 7: Vote still who you're voting for.
Speaker 1: You know what, for Mickey Mouse before I vote for that sucking Right.
Speaker 4: Now, it's not gonna be Donald Trump anytime. Me as a black man. Now, anytime I hear a dude, his first thing is I'm gonna make it to where the police move with impunity, they could.
Speaker 1: Do what they want to.
Speaker 4: That's not good for me as a black man. That's not good for my sons. That's not good for my friends, my brothers, my cousins, other relatives doing.
Speaker 1: This podcast with me right now, it's not no good for none of us.
Speaker 4: Right. That means it's really gonna be open season then, right, And just because you gotta look at it like this, every last one of us that's on this podcast live in the suburbs. Now, we don't live in the hood, right, That don't mean we immune, That don't mean we escape nothing they can. If anything, we probably more at risk because now I know my neighborhood is majority of all white police officers.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you definitely, and you already know where I stay at. You got you definitely gotta be careful coming up here because they will racial profile your ass in a minute.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. So we ain't even more danger than the dude that's in the hood. You feel what I'm saying, because more than mightly, we know I'm not gonna run across no black police officers, not very few of them.
Speaker 1: Right. So if a guy's not taking that serious.
Speaker 4: And they asked Donald Trump about signing Mason, he had way he didn't know what they was talking about. How are you the president of the United States? If the dude run for the president don't know what's going on?
Speaker 6: He said, you mean the one with the water about the water her You're like, yeah, yeah. The moderator that was today, right, yeah, the moderator at the National Black was it, Well, how do he said, it's the uh, the National Association of Black Journalists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, journalists, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: So the moderator asked him about whether or not this guy, Sean Grayson uh, should be granted would he be granted immunity under a Trump presidency? And he was like, uh, you mean the one with the water about the water You're like, yeah, he don't he don't really know what's going on, or he's faking he's pretending that he don't know what's going on, and something about the water the war. If he don't know what's going on, if he didn't know what was going on, then you gotta you gotta again take a look at him, but also take a look at his team. Like you you're going to answer to feel some questions, uh, to from a group of people, an organization who represents a group of people that you're trying to attract. You want them to vote for you, and you don't know what the what the burning topics are, you know, for for their uh you know, for their interest. You don't know what that. But the burning that Sonya macy a Massy shooting has to be one of the top three topics in the black in black society right now exactly.
Speaker 1: And you don't know he made that.
Speaker 4: His team should have made sure, Okay, you want to go talk to the black basis, they make sure that you speak on this and even if you go on the line, make sure that you make sure, Oh, this guy, he wouldn't be eligible for my program. You want to go in this dude. The first thing he says, oh, the one with the water.
Speaker 6: Then he said, then he said, uh, you know, maybe he'll be prosecuted under my watch.
Speaker 1: Maybe he be prosecuted.
Speaker 6: Maybe not see what they you when they when they When he says stuff like that, what he's really saying is that we're gonna make it a law that police officers will have complete immunity.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: So what that does is that wipes out all of the hope that families will be given any type of justice when they do illegally kill black folks. But it also gives them him and whoever he decide is going to have that power. Whatever judges or whatever, probably have some type of special committee or whatever.
Speaker 1: Whoever decides, Ah.
Speaker 6: It'll give them the latitude to continue to have the power to decide when they want to make an exception to the rule, and that'll be it'll be totally on them to decide.
Speaker 1: Just like when you're dealing with judges.
Speaker 6: They have, they have, they have economy to decide when they're going to apply the law, when they're gonna punish and when not who they're going to be strict on, who they're going to be leaning it on. They got too much power. That's too way, that's way too much power, and that can't be allowed.
Speaker 4: And you know what, And even if I'm not a target anymore, I got son is twenty some years old, son is thirty.
Speaker 1: Some of gods young.
Speaker 3: You know, we all have young men exactly.
Speaker 1: Under us, and they're in danger.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want to It would break my heart to hear the Karan riding down the street in the car and the police pull him over and they do something to him because they assume he had gained.
Speaker 5: Been Yeah, I tell my son that I try to tell him to comply if he ever went through that situation, Like you said, Willie, just comply you and me, you know, whatever they want to do, they want you to get out the car. You know, just just just comply. Would have give them no reason to you know, fuck with it. Our innocent young men who are trying to be you know, who are trying to make it and not go through that lifestyle. But unfortunately they'll be They'll be innocent victims, just like you know, a lot of us work, you know, to the police brutality and just the profiling and shit. You would hope that when you move to a different area, they would be considered regular citizens, but you know, it's unfortunately, the color of our skin doesn't allow us to get away with that. And even when we move out the hood and try to move the decent places, you're still a number one target because they want to know what the fuck you're doing here, you get me, That's the first thing where they want to know is what you're doing in this part of town and this neighborhood. So I try to tell my son to you know, if anything happens, you know, he hasn't been pulled over just obey the shit and don't try to put yourself in any predicaments to where they would want to get feisty with the motherfucker you get me, because they could be they could be having a bad day like Homeboy, and whatever happens today, it's gonna come out and I'm gonna show it. And like you said, a lot of them motherfuckers get immunity with shit and get away with the ship. So well, you definitely gotta be careful if you're growing up in.
Speaker 3: These times and a young man.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, they raise your profile a lot of us in situations and ship just because shit, you you're black.
Speaker 3: I mean, shit, what else do we supposed to do? You're black?
Speaker 4: And they don't think them police officers didn't know that you was mcate the gangster refer that just makes they there. You willie dat a gainst the reference. Good boys, I'm gonna make an example the records.
Speaker 5: I got a little bit of that, but I tried to avoid ruying out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I got a little.
Speaker 5: I definitely got a little bit of that. You know, Uh, still being in the neighborhood and still you know, living in content when the rap career first jumped off, you get a little bit of that, but then ten as it tends to go along, Uh, you try to garner a little respect from them even though you in that situation. Yeah, nigga, I'm talking about the brutality and the situations we go through living here.
Speaker 3: But still, you.
Speaker 5: Know, you know what, nigga ain't out here trying to pop niggas and sell drugs, So give me some respect. Also, they want to be respected, but say you got to give respect too, Yeah, for.
Speaker 6: Sure, So we'll go and that and that. That's normally reciprocated.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: You know, they know they know what what who, They know who it is and who it ain't. They know what it is and they know what it ain't, you know, so you ain't got to go around trying to prove nothing.
Speaker 1: Whatever. It's by you carry yourself.
Speaker 6: It's how you carry yourself, just like you can tell when the police carry yourself and in a respectful manner and the right way, then they can tell when you carry yourself in a certain way and that and it's more like that. It's more like that. You know, it ain't got to necessarily be said all the time. But I wanted to clarify something you said about the police. Uh, you know killing you know, Uh, the police don't kill game bangers. They kill regular they killed they kill a lot. They kill our best. They don't kill they don't kill game bangers. They don't kill rock robbers. You know, they don't kill murderers. They kill our best. They kill the kid who got a career. They killed a kid who got a future, who going to school, who just graduated college, who just graduated high school, who everybody in the neighborhood loved. Uh, they kill that guy that's the hard work or that's that that's that lived in the house with his children and his woman.
Speaker 1: They kill the best that we have. That's who they kill.
Speaker 6: It. They're not killing the game bangs because they've resolved to the to the that game bangers will probably take out themselves. They're not concerned about game bangers. They're not they're not concerned about game bankers. They're concerned about those of us who represent the future.
Speaker 1: That's what. That's who they killed. There's the and will what days your podcast drive? Huh? What days you dropped your podcast audio? On Mondays? Sometimes sometimes whens Uh, but Mondays every.
Speaker 4: Morning I'm gonna throw I'm gonna leave a link. I'm gonna leave a link in or description this episode. Man, y'all make sure, man, y'all gonna subscribe. Man, what do these podcasts? You got one of the best podcasts out there. Will, you've been having some I've messed with your podcast. Man, you've been having some good ass guests on there. I love the one about my man that ran the record stores in Chicago. What was my man's name, George Daniels.
Speaker 3: George, George, Yeah, George, I know George.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, I've been to George is a gang of times man, Yes, indeed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a must stop if you went to Chicago. George's damn definitely music room.
Speaker 5: Georgia's Music Room was definitely a must stop if you if you was pushing a record and promoing and you was on tour, that was one of your main stop. Record labels made sure you went to Georgia's music room.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah, he definitely from the era of black retailers. Man, y'all make sure, man, y'all go go do that.
Speaker 3: Will.
Speaker 1: We got a little bit, we.
Speaker 4: Got a few people listening to all you of this podcast. Man, make sure y'all go subscribe to Willie D show Man. I'm gonna leave it in the description of this episode, y'all make sure y'all check in all right, We'll coming on.
Speaker 1: Brother. Absolutely appreciate y'all.
Speaker 5: Love will but y'all people saying to keep up the good work, Yes, sir, well.
Speaker 4: That concludes another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download I Heard app and subscribe to the Gangst the Chronicles podcast for Apple users. Find a purple mica on the front of your screen. Rap at the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangster Chronicles podcasts of Norman Steel Aaron M.
Speaker 3: C a.
Speaker 4: Tyler, Our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and our audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gangster Chronicles is a production of iHeartMedia Network and The Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts wherever you're listening to your podcasts