Speaker 1: I'm experiencing my first real winter of my life.
Speaker 2: Are you surviving?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I can cook, so I'm surviving just fine.
Speaker 2: You can cook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean difference. Yeah, yeah, that's true. Okay, Glorilla.
Speaker 3: Now, thank you, thank you, No, thank you, Blake, No, thank you, thank us, thank every thank you, Marcella.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump, thank Donald Trump. Every day, wake up and thank him.
Speaker 3: I'm king. Just get on my knees and I just give a little point up I said, thank you one of.
Speaker 1: The great size of his stick. Just your fingers.
Speaker 4: Ty, Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three seventy three, Episode four of Guys.
Speaker 3: A production of My Heart Radio. Are you just like munching on a little acorn there or something that's.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, hied them away? I hie them away usually during this time of year. But I found a couple, so you know, it's a cheap day. I can have some acorns from.
Speaker 3: The acorns from my stash.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. It is Friday, January thirty first, twenty twenty five. What a January, guys. We made it to the end and okay, January twenty twenty five. Well, that sucked February. Everything's going to be better, right, Remember that when people would blame bad stuff on the year it was, and so they're not knowing that things were just getting worse than it was worse. Oh my god, I just can't wait for twenty nineteen to be over. A celebrity died anyways. My name is Jack O'Brien aka Pomp Pomp pump pumper truck, Pomp pomp pumper truck. You can't buy, you can't buy. No, you can't buy a new pomper truck. Police got all that money that one courtesy of First Blood five twenty two on the Discord. In reference to the story Jam a writer, Jam wrote and researched about how private equity made it so that pumper trucks were too expensive. They cost a million dollars literally a million dollars for a fire truck, and they were all broken and not fixable, and they couldn't buy any new ones during the alley fire.
Speaker 2: So wait, pumper truck is that the actual pump truck? Pump?
Speaker 3: It does sound like a children's like what a child would call it, But yeah, that is one of the.
Speaker 1: Bread trunk pumper truck, right, and.
Speaker 3: It does that. They're called pumper truck and ladder truck.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 3: There's a reason that all children want to be firemen is because it was like a procession conceived of by children. It fields like it's a pumper truck. It pumps the water.
Speaker 1: It's really it is cute watching kids watch little kids watch like fire trucks drive by. Oh yeah, garbage trucks Bye bye. That's like a garbage treasure. That's a privilege.
Speaker 3: Garbage trucks are a spectator sport that oh yeah, live viewing of the garbage truck when my kids were a little bit younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking fun.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, dunk to that one too.
Speaker 1: And now you know, and you also realize what a dickhead you are. Should I have never acknowledge the garbage?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, I always read you like this. Huh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I'm throwing to be joined in our second seat, our miles seat, soon to be our literal mile seat again by a brilliant comedian, writer and actor who's new.
Speaker 2: Specials Daddy long Legs.
Speaker 3: He's the coiner of the disgusting phrase plumpers to describe his thighs unrelated to plump pumper trucks plumpers because his thighs are strong. It's Blake Waxler.
Speaker 5: This is Blake Wexler aka Plumper Truck. No, this is Blake Wexler a k A wake up in the morning feeling like Blake Wexler. Got my booties on my doggie. I'm gonna hit Jersey City before I leave, do the geist with an O'Brien named Jack, because when I leave for the night, plumpers is all I pack.
Speaker 2: That was from vanadium silver, vanadium silver, yeah, nadium silver.
Speaker 3: A word well done as myth. Yeah, and that is how that's pronounced words myth. Yeah, well done, Blake. Wonderful to have you as always.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're yeah, you seem psyched. I'm psyched, Blake? Have you here? Wait, dude, what a host? I'm a scab? You're okay? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He went he went golded someone's house?
Speaker 2: Do you have an open position for me?
Speaker 1: What a bastard? What a bastard.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to get the permanent spot too, I'm trying to join Damn.
Speaker 3: Marcella's emailed me the day of.
Speaker 1: Minute to minute? Are you watching this crazy ship?
Speaker 2: Every wing?
Speaker 3: Wow? We hey here'd you guys all just got a evacuation notice.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's crazy, okay.
Speaker 2: Because no problem. Take up a new mic. Weirdly, I don't know this is Hey, we're doing well. I hope you're not doing well.
Speaker 1: I hope you more like Blake doesn't waste no time.
Speaker 2: Enough.
Speaker 1: I'm a word words, myth, words, myth. I'm a wordsmith smith Blake.
Speaker 3: As I was saying, this is my job to say, we're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of our favorite guests, one of your favorite guests, A writer, actor, one of the funniest stand up comedians doing it. She has an incredible stand up special called Bitch Grow Up that you must go watch. You can also see her at a stage near you. Go check her website. It's the hilarious, the talented Marcella Arguaya.
Speaker 1: It's me marcel Aka. I don't have anything planned today. I'm so sorry, but I do have a special TDZ shout out to Wesley Vaughan in Augusta, Georgia. I will never come to Augusta, Georgia. However, I hope you drive to a nearby area that will have me, because Augusta Georgia is kind of deep out there. Bro, I can't be coming to just every city, you know what I'm saying. But that gang all day. You guys are so supportive, appreciate all you. I just want to get a special shout out to Wesley Vaughn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who will never see you live, but he might.
Speaker 1: He said he will drive out and I believe him. But I just want to know why I ain't coming out to Augusta like boy, Augusta is no Gusta Augusta golf courses.
Speaker 5: And I won't play there. I won't play golf there. I will perform there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've been asked. They've been asking you to come down to the Masters for a while, begging is that true? True?
Speaker 1: Is that true? Because I feel like you're pulling my daddy lung.
Speaker 2: I mean my mommy long legs.
Speaker 3: Long legs leg based comedy with Blake. I don't know if you've noticed.
Speaker 1: That I should have done. That's why I shouldn't it. I'm going to redo my intro. Is me must well? Okay, Mommy long legs in the.
Speaker 3: Marcella.
Speaker 2: We're thrilled.
Speaker 3: The head back up, so glad that you were surviving.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 2: The cold, the cold, fezing what I do?
Speaker 3: It got into the forties in l A And I was like, that's not freezing.
Speaker 2: Cold, and you just put on it was like negative ten.
Speaker 1: It was like negative ten. The wind chill got to like negative thirty. I was like, oh my god, I'm gonna disintegrate.
Speaker 2: Step outside.
Speaker 3: I am glad you have not disintegrated yet.
Speaker 2: We tru to have you here.
Speaker 3: I was always we're gonna tell to listen to a couple of things we're talking about, and then we will get to know you a little bit better.
Speaker 1: But the most important thing they need to know is that every second Thursday at Lincoln Lodge in Chicago, I have a monthly show called Comedy is Dead. I would love for you guys to come see me after this break. Is that what you're doing going to break?
Speaker 2: We actually started. We're gonna get back to break a couple of breaks real quick. And we're back, and we're.
Speaker 3: Back and we will be talking about I will just check about the RFKJU and your confirmation hearing, see how how that's going.
Speaker 2: He's in the studio before it goes down, smooth.
Speaker 3: And Yeah, I just want like, I don't really have much to report from his hearing so much as I just want to like run through some greatest hits of the things he has said he believes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to hear.
Speaker 1: I just want to know how soon we're going to see RFK Junior at one of these ww E Netflix live events. I want to know how soon that's going to happen, because that's coming.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, one of those Thursdays, I think a week from today.
Speaker 3: Nicely, administration feels like it's w w It's like, what if the actual United States America was run by.
Speaker 1: W w E villains and specifically like w w E, not w w F. When you got like the real grimy, hardcore pure.
Speaker 2: Shit, you know, ww affected with.
Speaker 1: Corporate bullshit too much? Yeah yeah, outside influence it was.
Speaker 2: Now yeah shit, it's ship all the way down.
Speaker 1: Got to say it.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about the Pentagon deciding that Black History Month isn't a thing anymore, and just generally concerned about plagiarism. We don't need a fun It was wonderful. Netflix did their big like programming preview for the press and announced all the stumbing in the next year. First Looks, First looks a glance, So I don't know, take a couple look at some things that might be crossing over to the zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: And we'll look.
Speaker 3: At Tarantino's claim that like you do that every time I use the titular words from the title. You you give me that, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: He starts stumbling and funning.
Speaker 3: You know, now, oh boy, old boys, you got me saying movies ended six years ago. But before we get to any of that bullshit, Marcella is on one and we want to get to know her better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were about to say, you know one this.
Speaker 1: I got up early. I did a lot of action this morning, like Connect four with my boo. We like did rounds and rounds. I'll whooping that ass. Yeah, And then we got we finally came up and we got to our last two chips. We went to the brim. This is my favorite way to play the game, all the way to the brim.
Speaker 3: All the way you won. You won.
Speaker 1: You want that one on that last one, but you got to get it to you know, the people that put in the effort, put in the work. You got to respect the game other people bring to the table.
Speaker 2: I had a very young cousin.
Speaker 3: Back to you, Jack, I had a very young cousin who was like a Connect four prodigy, you know, and when I was in my twenties, like she was.
Speaker 1: Never loved talking about her.
Speaker 3: Huh, And I we go again with the cousin. This is the fifth time I've talked about her this week. But then I beat her and everyone was like, well, you beat the fucking eight year old and Connect.
Speaker 1: Four dude, what's problem?
Speaker 2: I was like, I thought we were playing for real.
Speaker 3: I thought that was.
Speaker 1: Prod or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, fuck fu.
Speaker 1: Indeed, that is what I said in front of Did you flip the table after you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I, yeah, flip the table.
Speaker 1: You're never invited back again?
Speaker 3: All right, Before we get to any of that, Marcella, what is something from your search history that's realing about who you are today?
Speaker 1: I searched how to convert oil to butter, like the ratio of like substituting when you're baking butter. You're an idiot, bro, You're closed and you're.
Speaker 2: Talking to me like that asking I'm asking you a question, Marcella. Oh sorry, I didn't know. We don't answer question.
Speaker 1: I'm in the Trump administration. You don't get to ask me anything. Okay, I can say what I want exactly. There's a part, there's a part where you say that women, women aren't allowed. Women women don't get Okay.
Speaker 2: We give me we can't. We count me in. We count me in with this is the you know your women aren't allowed. So yeah, this wow, wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, Jack, This is the kind of calls that you guys bring onto the doing zeitgeist nowadays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're trying to court controversy. We're trying to get some.
Speaker 1: Ever since the fires, you guys have really changed the tone in here. That's it really, as best us is getting to you, isn't it, because sucking it in every time you step out to take your kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Daily Ze is putting the best and as Best does back to you. Tom, What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: So so this morning I was making cookies and I'm trying to you know, during the holidays, that's when I use the butter, I use the creams, I use all the dairries, I use all the cheeses, everything. But once we get into the new year, we need to get the better out of our diets, right because it fuks with my stomach and my skin, and you know, I have to look pretty when I'm on after midnight, so I can't eat better when i'm fucking kokis. So today this morning, I was like, all right, I gotta get out of this Christmas spirit and you know, convert, gotta poot the butter out, use oil to make cookies. So I was I was trying to figure out the conversion of butter to oil. Rashiet Oh what oil?
Speaker 2: What oil? Are I know I'm not gonna make it.
Speaker 3: This guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you know straight away, am hen They're just gonna make the references that they got to make them that their audience can understand the references and making it get used avocado oil. Okay. Most so, then I when I was searching this and there was like a breakdown and like it's different kind of oils or different kind of ratio. This is what I was learning. And then we found my boob with here too, so he got all of be it and he found out there's a huge debate online about the ratio of conversion from but so, just so you guys know that arguments don't stop no matter what you're doing. People are in the comments section.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we were like to check out from the bullshit this year and cross.
Speaker 3: And everyone's like, fuck you exactly because everybody's going through something, you know, like he's going to something, uh.
Speaker 2: Them in honor of.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So that was it was funny to like just be like, oh, this should be easy thing to figure out.
Speaker 3: No wrong, wrong, oh wrong, not on this internet.
Speaker 1: Not on these internets, Beyonce's Internet, everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, just those oil jokes are important. Most of our audience now works for BP since the tone shift that we did during the fires.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're gonna cut out everything? I said, Okay, cool, right, okay, cool, I don't understand you gotta fine, Yeah, you're paying me in a shell gift card?
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: What is something you think is underrated? America's currency going forward is just gonna be gasoline gift I got to present.
Speaker 1: About my political problems, and you know then I go, I gotta.
Speaker 2: You can't use these in the convenience story either. It has to do gas only, only gas only, something that contributes only, and.
Speaker 1: Then anything that's left over on the gift card goes directly to the CEO, right to his bank account. Forty dollars fifteen. You can't use it there it is, it's.
Speaker 3: Got the would you like to round up? There's only one yeah to our CEO, but there's only one answer.
Speaker 1: God, that is such a funny joke. That's like the CVS donation. You feel like you're you are when you do those donations at the fucking CBS. That's what you're doing. You're giving them tax breaks. Anyway, It's weird.
Speaker 3: There's one that I keep coming across that's like, do you want to do this? And it says every time or just this once? Oh no, there's no I know how old.
Speaker 1: That's how the elderly get for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: I keep like, I say, I'm definitely getting old because I keep ordering things to like the wrong plant, like from the wrong store. Like technology is getting too complicated for.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say you're getting too old because you look like ship, because that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: Wow, and I do look like ship, but that is implied. Please put a filter on, Please put a filter on.
Speaker 3: Can we get that filter up to like a.
Speaker 1: Cute little we're going to be and we're going to take a quick break because we can put on a.
Speaker 2: Filter and we're back, and we're back. Just come back with panty hose over my face? Are you Marcella's podcast?
Speaker 3: Marcella, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Underrated physical media?
Speaker 3: We are?
Speaker 1: We need to bring that ship back. You got these streamers as we're going to just hopefully discuss later. These streamers are going out pretty quickly. Yeah, I think it's time. If you guys have like a favorite DVD, I mean a favorite movie, it's time to get it on DVD. It's time to buy a little DVD player, start supporting your secondhand thrift stores, buy some DVDs, get off of the You can create first of all two bes free, but you can create your own two b in your household. So I want to encourage everyone to get behind the physical media. Go to a local show, Go buy someone's CD, Go buy someone's DVD. Come on, y'all, what are we doing? Buy go buy some physical ship and support local art or or like the Witch. You know the movie The Witches. I don't know if it's not it's I haven't been able to find it on streaming, and I was like, I think I'm going to try to look for this on DVD, the old one, yeah, the Angelica Houston one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where they turn the kids into mic It's creepy. I forget it is a creepy yes.
Speaker 2: Out, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Your thinking of trauma, your nightmares, all we all are memories of the witches. Is just a night Mara think that's not how the movie went. But it scared the fuck out of me. But I was like, it's hard to find them on streamer. It's only available sometimes, and I was like, I want to get I'm I'm been so I've been trying to without buying a brand new but that's I think that might be impossible at this point.
Speaker 2: But they're not. They're churning them out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stop, So just film just that film, yeah.
Speaker 1: Physical media, that's what's underrated to me.
Speaker 2: It just remade that movie. I think it was.
Speaker 3: Aboy just remade that movie and it apparently sucked. Ship.
Speaker 1: It wasn't good. Yeah, it was with Ann Hathaway. It wasn't It wasn't bad, Like it wasn't my nieces. My nieces enjoyed it, you know, but it's definitely not the terror that we experienced in the eighties. Yeah, that we were so used because there was no regulating back then. You know, children's movies and the and the rating systems are so different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, never will never that original witches is like, this is too much like that.
Speaker 2: That was the the response that you wanted from. We got to regulate these witches.
Speaker 1: That's how it started in Salem, and that's how it started in the DVD Blu Ray.
Speaker 2: That's right, Collections Marcella. What is something you think is what?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah, something you think is over rated?
Speaker 1: Well, I think, I think, I think what. I'm sure you've talked about this with that people. But the national news. Mmm, have you ever talked about that as an overrated national news?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You heard of it.
Speaker 3: This podcast are big fans. We just kind of go to CNN dot com, We go to the New York Times. We tell you what's on the front page and say, how.
Speaker 1: Do you do It's going to be about oils and shell gift cards.
Speaker 3: And BP is investing in the future.
Speaker 1: I just want I love that people do that. This podcast is such a great example of supporting like small news sources, but also like guys again, local news, your your little Samsung or Apple tea. Every Actually, I don't know about Apple, but they have a lot of local news station streaming, and I wish more people were more interacted with their local news, just similar to physical media, you know, like get your stop taking your news and large doses from social media and national news. Take it in smaller doses, like first thing in the morning, like when you turn on the news and Mike Kaplan giving you the weather and he's so charming, and then you fucking get some of those terrible bad news.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like a bad I'm gonna differ and yeah it's a different bad, but it was like that, here's another here's just a fucking feed feedbag of crimes that are gonna make you scared of the people around you.
Speaker 1: Sure that's true. But what I'm specifically encouraging is finding the local news station that has a good rapport with each other and really support local shit going on and not just local crime and local bad.
Speaker 2: News, local papers and ship Yeah, yeah shit, that's.
Speaker 1: Like that is actually uplifting. So I agree with you on to a point, because some local news is like really just like nobody likes each other. You can tell they all hate working with each other.
Speaker 2: It's not fun to watch.
Speaker 1: There's like one here that I really enjoy watching in Chicago, and it's like they really they have like Orange Friday during the football season, you know, and they like show pictures of people and their little orange gear and it's really cute and I like it because it's like it's a cute way to start the day. This morning was the fucking god awful news, but whatever. I was like, oh, starting my day with this, I'm gonna I do National Lose a little later in the morning. Yeah, Like Local Lose is like nice to get the weather without having like why am I checking my app every morning for the weather? Like let me have like a sweet pie, old man, give me the weather pie. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is like that is one of the nice things about the National news before it was like, you know, right by fucking sink media. Yeah, one company, but like there is still a feeling when you tune into some of it that like you were tuning into just like a small work like a small business workplace and they have their own like weird, fun work culture and like some of the people who work there who you're seeing are like the quirky guy and yeah, you know, like they just have these little poles they do.
Speaker 1: Like little poles and it's really cute. And then they all like have banter with the weather guy and the and the traffic girl and the the person doing this little segment, and they all banter back and forth. And I'm just like, I like that they're reminding people that it's okay to have these conversations naturally at work or with whoever. And they're just certain news like and I think because it's Chicago, because they are everybody here is so accustomed to supporting local ship that it really has taken that particular news station like just made it, taken it up and not and made it more fun and sweet to watch. And also, like the local news, they want their community on their you know, and they want people to reach out and and I like that. You know, it's just about what's.
Speaker 2: It's cute as hell. Yeah, all right, your mouth. I'm sorry, and I apologize. Let's take a quick break.
Speaker 3: We'll come back. We'll talk about some news, and we're back. If you're looking for coverage of the horrible, tragic plane crash and you know the incompetence on both sides that led to it, we talked about that on Trending yesterday and Trump's press conference and just the general feeling.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's like a race between Trump fucking up so catastrophically that it takes on like an inertia that leads to a real resistance of some sort, and then just Trump grabbing as much power as he possibly can while everybody's just sort of like docile and defeated. Like it's kind of where we're in between those two places. But he is fucking up really bad for all the people who are like this. He's coming in with a clear agenda, and it's his clear agenda is a complete disaster.
Speaker 2: But we talked about that.
Speaker 3: On yesterday's You can just go into the feed and look at the last episode.
Speaker 1: That's where we specifically don't want me talking about it.
Speaker 3: Guys. Marcella has a lot of a lot of strange takes about the black Hawk helicopter.
Speaker 1: As a question, they asked me a couple of relations that I answered them, and now I'm not allowed to talk about it, so I guess check my Twitter.
Speaker 2: Please check reference to my Twitter.
Speaker 1: I have a lot to say about it. Re my thoughts on the Anywhere listening that heeds jokes exploiting to them. That's a joke. There is nothing on my Twitter. I still don't have it back from the Russians. So that's which college joke took it. They took it, and it's.
Speaker 2: There and it's theirs, and I don't want it back to be completely.
Speaker 1: TikTok has TikTok China and TikTok China.
Speaker 2: Twitter, Question China, Twitter China.
Speaker 1: Apparently Daily US Marcella can't talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we're owned by BP, so that's we are.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we have a.
Speaker 5: Recording from an oil spill. We have We're recording live from an oil spill. Thank you BP.
Speaker 3: Our guest host, We love our guests. Our guest host tomorrow is an oil spill is a wounded Pelican.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: But he's like into it.
Speaker 1: He's like my kinkas refreshing BPA.
Speaker 2: Drink you guys, and we're glad you got that.
Speaker 3: My wings have never like kind of been so there's just like the viscosity, you know, there's no friction. It's like wearing a I don't know, winter, very slick. All right, how's everybody feeling about RFK Junior ut?
Speaker 1: I love him Okay, so masculine, so masculine, such of fucking masculine, Hattie.
Speaker 3: So scared of needles. So I just wanted to do a quick rundown of the representative. Jake Auchinclaus did kind of a quick rundown of these on Twitter that I thought was useful and informative for anybody forgetting because RFK Junior is doing his yet. Yesterday had a three hour confirmation hearing where he was kind of grilled a little bit by Senate and in Congress. You know, it was contentious and people are like, you don't believe in vaccines and you want to like be in charge of them. Care to comment? And he's like kind of on a nah, that that's not me. I would never say that, baby, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Take me back?
Speaker 3: Just like making up opinions.
Speaker 1: But you know, real I feel like he dreams opinions. Yes, that's how you He just sees wrong opinions and then he wakes up. He's like another one, got a new one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sign came to me in my sleep, all right, So just real quick. He believes the cure for measles is chicken soup invitamin, but that like this is the detail that I feel like gets left Number one.
Speaker 1: Number one, there's no way his mother was making chicken soup that cured shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, definitely not the teenage soul.
Speaker 3: So he ran what he called a natural experiment in Samoa, which was basically, they stopped vaccinating for measles, and five six hundred people contracted measles. Eighty three people died, the majority of them children, and like, it's he has the evidence that he would need to be like, I was so wrong. I should apologies, like retire from public life and go around apologizing to people for a living going forward.
Speaker 2: He has eighty people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he directly led through, you know, taking a conspiracy theory, turning it into public policy, being like, this is going to be a good natural experiment. And then eighty three people died, most of them children, and it's no.
Speaker 1: Wonder they're against DEI was like, well, these numbers don't exist if we don't include DEI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a fine time it was. They were Samoans running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we just don't include them.
Speaker 2: We test on white Americans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's try that's dude, that's why this is this is we're testing on white good blooded, strong blooded American, white American children.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty two, he petitioned his lawyer petitioned the FDA to revoke approval of the polio vaccine, which you might write, like, you guys have heard of the polio vaccine, right?
Speaker 5: I had to do a little house search on working By the way, it's Marco. Sorry, go ahead, Marcel had so many funny ones, and I wanted to try one good.
Speaker 2: I wish I was writing Marco polio.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's okay, Jack Goad with your news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so despite the fact that they both claim no vaccine is safe and effective, that's a direct quote, vaccines have saved the lives of To answer your question, Blake, because I know it was earnest, how are those working out have saved the lives of one hundred and forty six million people in the past half century.
Speaker 1: That's fake news. Where is those numbers from? How do I know those numbers are real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really good point. Yeah. I wasn't even listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that the numbers don't exist, you don't.
Speaker 3: I was reading an article where somebody was like trying to make the point about like how Nazis are bad, Like, how do you talk to young people about the fact that Nazis are bad? And they're like, well, they don't really remember World War Two, and like I am. I think the person was like in his forties and he was like or like fifties and he was like, I don't like I know people like I had met people who had fought in World War Two, so they had like a institutional like an actual physical memory brain bias. The other was biased by memories.
Speaker 1: To some of us call those memory trauma.
Speaker 3: That's right, but it's just such a weird place to be where we're like, how do you convince people who are like, oh, yeah, that fact about Hitler being bad? It seems made up, like it's I don't I feel like Okay.
Speaker 1: We were watching a movie last night that Michelle Pfiffer was in with like John Lovetts and Paul Rudd. It was on to be Free and to be good. I can see why, and it was so bad because every scene that Michelle Pfiffer had with her daughter, it was like a eleven year old maybe they were like somebody would come up, like the daughter was like she called something ghetto. This whole privileged white girl called something ghetto, and Michelle's character tried to like correct her, right yeah, and we were like, Okay, where's this going, Like she's trying to correct her, but then because the daughter like blew past the correction, Michelle Peiffer just moved on and we're like, Okay, that's bad parenting. And then like something else happened in the movie where like the daughter did something that was maybe need some course correcting and the mom tried and the daughter pushed back and the mom gave up, and then like it kept happening until it got to like the daughter wanting to like go out with a little boy like too, and I was just like that that's when like Michelle Feifer's character really was like explaining, like, you know, relationships and love and this and this bitch, so you fucking have enough to tell her and teach her how to fucking give it up to a little boy. Right when it came to like race shit, and there was all these other little topics, and I was like, I feel like everything she's just a bad mom, and like guess she's trying to come off as a good mom. And it's what made me like be like, oh, people really do not talk to their kids about anything, right, They really big comes up. They're are fucking lost. They don't know how to talk to anyone about that shit, because like, yeah, how do you at forty years old or whatever, Like how do you teach someone that you've never really talked about anything serious with, Like, oh, were you have you been in chat rooms? You know, have you been in racial chat rooms showing feet? I didn't know you were going to do that, you know, like shit like that when you start realizing, like, and I don't think that's how a lot of parents and people see themselves, Like I fucked up. I should have been fixing this shit back in the day when it was little things, right. I say that because when my nephew was a little boy, we were I was like on his ass about the chat rooms. I mean, not the chat rooms a game. You know, when you play video games and you just have like you know, you boys, how you just played with strangers?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then I was always trying to like jump in there to make sure he wasn't talking to anybody that was using crazy language or talking about people crazy or And I feel like people don't they don't make that effort and Also they don't know how to fucking implement that effort either, Which that's why when you get into these places where you're like, oh my god, my kid has a fucking has been looking up Nazi shit. I had no idea, and it's like, bitch, the signs were there, you just didn't pay attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I don't know, like generally there's to talk about like white families the way that conservatives talk about you know, non white families. Right, it does feel like there's a yeah, lack of communication between the generations, and then the fact that like a lot of times there's just like they don't live together like that, you know, after a certain point they like kicked out of Yeah your eighteen, get out, or start paying exorbitant rent and we're gonna turn your bedroom into like a place for our treadmill.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: That feels like probably like there's some way that that's harming people culturally that like they don't have the memory, you know, like the institutional, familial community memory of things, and people are just kind of left to the Internet to fend and and then yeah, like our older generations are left to fucking Facebook to you know, educate hate themselves and it's not going great. It's not going great, going great.
Speaker 1: It's not going great.
Speaker 5: And any moron can have a kid too. You know, there's no test you have to pass to have a kid, So then you're passing down your lack of knowledge. And you know, Michelle Pfeiffer she knows about dating boys, but not about something you know, less important, like race related, you know, like that exactly, but dating boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what was the point? Was there point?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: And she really came through when it mattered.
Speaker 1: Like it was weird because the movie it was called I Don't Want to Be Your Woman, and it was just like an age thing. That's probably why I watched it. I was like, oh, an older woman a dating like younger guy. It's all right, let's just watch this ideamic you don't see this at Hollywood.
Speaker 5: And then no wonder more Solo wants physical DVDs of actually good movie. You've just been watching the worst movies.
Speaker 1: I've been watching everything. I've been watching great movies. Okay, Hey, I'm watching a lot of cool shit. I hear you, I hear you. I love talking about the ship come on now. Yeah, And but it just is like you see it in real life. I think that's the thing is that you do see that that type of because it's also somebody wrote that. I mean somebody wrote that from experience, and it's like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my, I could never be your woman two thousand and sevens I could never be your Woman, a movie I did not know existed.
Speaker 1: There's so many in your days they get mess That's why I like to because there's a bunch of movies that you did, they went, they flopped, and they hit them exist.
Speaker 2: Also, I was we.
Speaker 1: Were also pointing out that like they're always they're always pushing like nineties movies and like fifties movies, but it's not as easy to find right when you're browsing the genres. That's something I noticed.
Speaker 2: So all right back to OURFK real quick. By all means just I think it's.
Speaker 3: Just because because they're running the you know, interference on the things he's actually said with with this trial, and the mainstream media seems to be like very fairly willing to go along with whatever or the Trump administration's priorities are at this point. I do also just want to remind people that he claimed COVID nineteen was ethnically targeted to attack Caucasians and black people, but that the people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews in the Chinese seems.
Speaker 5: Like a take no one had, by the way, like I heard like I heard that, like oh like black people can't get it, or like you know, like that, but like this is a take I have not heard.
Speaker 2: He was free associated. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: Somebody hasn't been on Facebook lately. Bick on that Facebook marketplace tab you find some real good racial information.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: He also says he wants to of drug developer and infectious disease research a little bit of a break for eight years, which that that's the one that apparently, like you know, Trump has already stopped funding cancer research. Everybody in the world of medical and scientific research is like this is this administration is already a complete catastrophe. And it does feel like it kind of connects back with the plane crash because there are just a lot of these systems that are running in the background of our like current world, like whether it be air traffic controllers or vaccines or fire trucks, that if they start to break down or if they you know, since they have already started to break down. Like you won't notice it right away, but things are going to start, you know, cracks are going to start appearing. And I feel like that's kind of what we're starting to see getting exciting.
Speaker 1: We're about to be a third world country.
Speaker 2: We're going to go five. Yeah, let's take a quick break. We'll come here.
Speaker 1: I think we need it. Jesus Christ, did you hear even the way he said it?
Speaker 2: Someone needs to do a lat Brandy Daily.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a quick break.
Speaker 3: And we're back. And the Pentagon has decided that Black History Months isn't a thing anymore.
Speaker 1: There, that's the joke. Also, I feel like some of you need to hear me say that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, their intelligence agency has reportedly paused observances of Pride Month, Black History Months, Martin Luther King Junior's Birthday, Holocaust Days of Remembrance, Juneteenth, and other annual cultural events due to Pete haig Seth's war on wokeness.
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: Valentine's Day they still have off. They still take for Valentine's Day to make more babies.
Speaker 1: Get the rape. Do they think we love their holidays?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Do they think we love Thanksgiving? And fourth of July, Like do they think that we are getting together at Thanksgiving dinner? And like what are they doing? I don't it's so insane, how like the do you guys not want a paid day off? Like what the fuck are you fucking talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're they are only comfortable when celebrating emotionally distant straight whiteisgender men. That's that's what we do in this country. And sometimes they'll allow you know, Santa Claus is about as emotionally available as they'll allow.
Speaker 1: Well, that's because that's celebrating capitalism, so right, they can understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's also I'm very f like DEI is being conflated with diversity and values that like they're taking this like corporatization of the idea of diversity and trying to lump like the legacy of Martin Luther King Junior like under that. In a way that's like very very frustrating, and I feel like the mainstream media is just going along with that and being like, yeah, the war the right is winning the war on de I like and everything goes under that, including people like non white people and not straight people like that. You know. Pride Month is like they're they're lumping that under like DEI, which was like the corporate world's attempt to.
Speaker 5: Be like and we're listening, you know, right, It truly doesn't change their lives at all, at all, at all. It's like Pride Month. It's so fucking loud. It's just so loud all the time. I can't hear myself think.
Speaker 2: Homophobic thoughts.
Speaker 3: Has to cancel his big plans for prior.
Speaker 1: Getting drowned out by me thinking about all these men's dicks.
Speaker 2: Right, have you guys heard of Netflix? Remember?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Netflix is that company that used to like help people DVDs. Now so they're now a streamer And they just held their twenty twenty five programming preview.
Speaker 1: Which aka Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: That's that is weird that they called it that, right, Like, yeah, they could have called it anything. They could have called it nothing.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, they could have just kept their prices where they should be in step, giving certain people lots of lots of money.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The Hollywood Reporter said that it felt like a defense of like that they were like trying to defend themselves in a weird way and just being like we're we're number one because they just raised prices and everybody's like kind of annoyed.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I'm canceling my shit. I was like eighteen dollars for fucking nothing because now that now they don't have exclusive shit, you see like HBO shit on there. Everything's on there. We do not need to be on there. Guys, take a break, give them give them.
Speaker 3: A nothing, give them nothing. Sorry, I think you're gonna want to listen to this story. Okay, Now, these sorts of events are like in general for me, the thing about streaming is just like there's this like fire hose of expendable content generally, and then they're like, oh, if you thought that was a lot of stuff you won't ultimately remember, check out this, and then just like you know, blast you with like even more. There is stuff in here that I thought seems interesting. First of all, I did love John Mulaney's Everybody's in LA and they're bringing that back. Seems expensive, seems expensive, which should be that it does seem expensive, But what's fun about the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah I want something that seems expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah that should be the name.
Speaker 2: Turn that on.
Speaker 1: I go look at that stage, look at that set, look at these guss is money?
Speaker 2: Is that an oak desk? That is some hardwood?
Speaker 3: Okay, God damn they announceday Ben Affleck Matt Damon movie called.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for that, for them to come back together together. When j Lo broke up, I knew Matt and.
Speaker 2: And maybe we're going to get back together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to. They always do what every time a woman does one of them dirty, they go, you know what it's about us? I need you, I need you, broke.
Speaker 2: The need each other, I need them.
Speaker 3: Ben Affleck called it a mix, this movie a mix of Heat meets Narc meets Training Day, and I was like, one of those is not? Like those are two classic movies. And then Nark, a movie that I didn't even realize was a movie necessarily. I thought it wasn't there like a video game in the eighties called Narc.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I just know that a movie is going to be bad when the main actor is using the log line as a way to convince you to watch it, and it's like, honey, that's not how you convince me. That's for the pitch, that's.
Speaker 3: For the deck.
Speaker 2: To that log line. Actually, I just read it over and over again, and I do push ups.
Speaker 3: By the way, the reason is because it's direct that that is a movie that was directed by the same guy who directed this, So he just like trying to throw it.
Speaker 1: In like it was a bunch of fucking losers. Oh my god, get on each other sticks. Yeah, just try to challenge each other to be better. For the love of fucking.
Speaker 3: God, I will say, all right, So here are the ones that jumped out to me that I'm like, I feel like people are going to be talking about.
Speaker 1: Tell us why you're going to keep subscribing to eighteen dollars a month Netflix, Jack, So I'm here to tell you that's what it sounds like.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I feel like we These will be coming up in this year on the daily, I guess like I feel like they'll crossover.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by SAD. This is sponsored by VP.
Speaker 1: Yes as squid Game sponsored by Pete Season three okay, sorry, as.
Speaker 3: The climate change adventure. Increasingly it's more exciting in the coming year thanks to our friends at BP. These are some of the things that you can entertain yourself with.
Speaker 2: Inside.
Speaker 3: So there's a new Knives out, which I don't know how you guys feel about the first Knives.
Speaker 1: Out first one great, second one semi great. This one can't possibly be great.
Speaker 2: This one's guns out up the Annie guns out ever bring a knife to a gun party.
Speaker 3: The only detail that I have on this one because they like had a picture of So Daniel Craig, have have long.
Speaker 1: You was jerking off to you were jerking on?
Speaker 2: They had one picture.
Speaker 3: They had one picture.
Speaker 2: Oh but it was delicious.
Speaker 1: You gotta hear. Sometimes you hear what he's really saying.
Speaker 2: When you hear, you just got to read between the lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not healthy wife. There's just no wishes happy.
Speaker 2: No, No, you would be correct. The neither is mine. I want to say that.
Speaker 1: I believe it.
Speaker 3: The unhappy wives close.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what. That's what it is. God, she's pissed.
Speaker 1: I thought that's what Tom girl his wife.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the mousie guy from Challengers is playing someone named Judd do Plentissy, do plan Tissy.
Speaker 1: Who is playing this?
Speaker 3: You know the mouse guy from Challengers. He's like hot mousey got the dark hair MOUSEI guy. Anyways, it's just do Plant Tissy. I was ready to be out on this, and then I was like, oh, Daniel Craig saying calling someone, mister do plan tissy is I'm back in although he does have shaggy hair, dang Ol Craig in this one.
Speaker 1: Which are you going to read that line? I'm waiting for you to read that line.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he will be do plenticitous?
Speaker 2: Is that the line that you were?
Speaker 3: I wonder if he will be do plenticitous?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 3: Thank you Marcel for encouraging me across the finish line of my own joke.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and thank you to BP ye as well. Full stop. Happy Gilmore too is coming?
Speaker 3: What? Yeah, I had no idea. It's from Kyle from Alcoholics of course, sister podcast.
Speaker 2: This is important. That's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 3: I do love a good Sandler and Happy Gilmore one a classic. Then all right, so this is the one the two that I think we're really going to hear about. Uh, there's a retrospective like Eddie Murphy documentary that I feel like could be like a you know, last dance moment for like Eddie Murphy, where like people like go back and realize, like, oh shit, like he was fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if Michael Jordan hated basketball, right exactly.
Speaker 2: Right, But he could still be doing it if he wanted to. He just doesn't like it. He hates stand up a thing or two about what I mean.
Speaker 1: I do think that what he said to or maybe the conversation to him and Jerry Jerry Seinfeld had on to whatever the two cars and cups getting, you know, talking about he was like, once you're I don't know one of them said it, and they but they both agreed, and I appreciate it where they're both like, you know, once you're rich, you're not funny anymore. And I loved that because I'm like, I wish Elon Musk could hear that, because this motherfucker is striving to be funny and it's like, dude, rich people cannot have a sense of humor. It's just it doesn't exist in their brains.
Speaker 3: He's going to try to be funny until the world is over, until it kills us all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by BP.
Speaker 3: And then there's a docu series about the Titans that those people trying to go down to the Titanic and imploding, which fucking.
Speaker 1: Losers more losers, give me this loser after loser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eddie Murphy and the guy who went down.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say not a. I'm not gonna call Aide Murphy a loser.
Speaker 3: But anyways, remember the that I think are coming coming for all our asses, coming for the Zeitgeist. Oh and Guermo del Toro is making a Frankenstein movie.
Speaker 5: Enough, no more monsters. Look at my little freaks. That's Germo del Toro. Look at all these little freaks, little fucking weird, weird.
Speaker 2: Weird tummy.
Speaker 1: I think I think he keeps Hi hiding in his tummy. He loves pulls him out of his belly button. Wait, dreams went up? He pulls it out of his belly button. Disgusting.
Speaker 3: Get this one, Marcella, What a pleasure having you as always on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 1: You can follow me at Marcella Comedy, across all social whatever the fuck. And I will be hitting the road very soon, you can. I should be announcing dates soon. But yeah, monthly in Chicago, second Thursdays at the Lincoln Launch And yeah, yeah, I don't really have a lot to promote. Watch my special, watch my list of my albums. We'll be back on after midnight soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all the best to ever do it on after midnight? Oh, is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: So there is this comedian Lisa Beasley out of Chicago, and she is fucking hilarious and you can watch literally any of her characters. She has this character corporate erin. I'm sure some of your some of the zigang is familiar with that character. She's popping online. But she has this really funny Lori lightfoot impression. And I'm excited because I was a fan of hers first and privileged that on Monday, February, whatever the fuck Monday is, she's doing her little her monthly laugh Factory. She has a monthly as well, and she does all her characters and she I have the great honor of her asking me to play her wife standing behind her on stage, and I'm going to be completely silent. I'm excited, and I'm excited to be Lisa Beasley's She's all her character work is whil and you guys should check her out. That's the piece of work is all of her works. Again, circling back to the top, support local. Okay, guys, this is how we topple the capitalist monsters that are taking over your mind. Go support local go doing clubs, markets, venues support.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You can go to a farmer's market, bitch. You can go to a comedy market.
Speaker 3: Go to the farm.
Speaker 2: Oh the eggs, yeah, not the eggs for just yeah, the eggs market, just eggs. The yolks are so yellow, They're so yellow, They're deep yellow. Oh damn.
Speaker 3: Click Wexler, thank you so much for joining his guest host.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Where can people find you? And is there a workermedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 5: If people can find me at a BP gas pump having the time of my life and then and also find me, I'm doing some road dates this spring. March thirteenth, I'm at the Comedy for in Fort Collins, March fifteenth at the Ice House in Los Angeles, and April fifth, sixth Minneapolis, I'll be at a Scissipis Brewing And all those tickets are up in my bio at Blake Wexeler Blake Wester dot com.
Speaker 2: And that's really all you need to know.
Speaker 1: At this conclusive VP merch at all his live shows, so check him out.
Speaker 5: I will be selling flasks filled with unleaded gasoline and they will be market price, so I can't give you a price right now, it depends. And a piece of professional shit. I've been enjoying a piece of social media. This is from krunk Driver on Blue Sky. I just want to live a life where the only person stupidity I'm in mortal fear of is my own. Nice That was crunk Driver. I thought that was relatable.
Speaker 1: It is relatable. Thank you, Jack, Oh, Jack O'Brien. Where can people find you?
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find me on Blue Sky at jack Ob. The number one looks like Jacob one because I'm you know, I'm bad.
Speaker 2: I'm bad at this ship. No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: I would never get.
Speaker 3: Work of physical media. I wouldn't recommend checking this out like buying it. But listener Zach van Nuss pointed out that the physical DVD release of the Mark Wahlberg film Flight Risk has like a slipcase with his like hat painted on it, so you lift it off and his bald head is visible underneath.
Speaker 2: Which I don't.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna have to watch this movie to understand, like what tone they're trying to strike, because it seems so.
Speaker 2: Silly joke gone wrong.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, which sounds like like when you when you hear Jody Foster, I think was like.
Speaker 2: How is she Jody Foster?
Speaker 3: My friend Jody Joe was saying that she like always talk about how Mel Gibson is, like so funny, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so funny, crazy at parties.
Speaker 3: So this is maybe an example of his hilarious sense of humor since it is a mel Gibson joint. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikegeist. We're at the Daily Zey Guist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeikeuys dot com, and you can go to the episode wherever you're listening to it. You can check out the description of the episode in the app where you're listening to it, and you will find the footnote foe there under the title. That's where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Super producer Justin miles out, is there a song that you think.
Speaker 2: People might enjoy? Yeah, this is I don't know how to describe this.
Speaker 6: This is like very intellectually like ratchet Gun talk over smooth jazz flutes speaking.
Speaker 1: My language, baby boy. It's so good the language player.
Speaker 2: You will love this track.
Speaker 6: I think this This is called Mint Chocolate by a music collective called nineteen ninety nine Right the future.
Speaker 2: It is this group is kind of mysterious and that.
Speaker 1: I'm just like learning a new shit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think this is right up your rally. This is This is a record label called eighty eight Rising. That's pretty much the only thing that's known about this group is that they're affiliated with them. They have huge names featuring on their tracks, as you'll see when I read off the features for this song, and the group seems to be made up of whoever is lucky enough to get the invite. If that sounds interesting to you, you should check this out. This is Mint Chocolate featuring Conway of the Machine, Bad Bad, Not Good, and West Side Gun and you can find that in the footnotes footnotes.
Speaker 3: The Daily Zeitgeist is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio Apple Podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us today. For this week, we are back on Monday morning to tell you what was trending over the weekend, and we will talk to you all then. Have a great weekend, everybody on.
Speaker 2: A good weekend.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 2: Bye, god bye bye, goodbye, goodbye.