Speaker 1: Now let's get to Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: Where billionaire Elon Musk took his campaign to cut the US federal government into uncharted waters. Today, Musk was invited to a top level meeting at the Pentagon by Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth. The New York Times reported yesterday that Musk would be briefed on secret war plans for China. That something Musk, President Trump, and others denied. Musk called for the prosecution of any Defense Department official leaking quote maliciously false information about his visit end quote. After the Pentagon meeting, Musk stood with President Trump in Defense Secretary Hegseth this afternoon for a briefing on the visit. Hegseth described a meeting as an informal conversation with Musk that focused on innovation and efficiencies. However, the tech billionaire has businesses that currently have a number of contracts with the Defense Department end quote. How much can we really really say about it? I mean, if you got contracts with the Defense Apartment, then there's nothing wrong with the Defense Department meeting with you. If you're Elon Musk, that's just reality.
Speaker 1: Should it make us uncomfortable. Sure, shit.
Speaker 2: And the reason why I should make us uncomfortable is because of the fact that he's not an elected official, nor is he somebody pointed to an official position that involves Congressional or Senate confirmation.
Speaker 1: So based off.
Speaker 2: Of that, you know, we really have no jurisdiction over him per se. And so when you look at it from that standpoint, that's a reason to be uncomfortable. There's a lot of reasons to be uncomfortable. I'm not here to castigate Elon Musk in any way. He's innovative, he's creative, widely recognized as somebody that's brilliant. Clearly got enough money he don't have to worry about money for the rest of his for the rest of his days. Was he worth about four hundred billion dollars? I mean, it is what it is. I'm simply making the point that once again, it's something that makes you uncomfortable. System of laws, rules and regulations, and when somebody is in a position where they clearly can circumvent them at their discretion. When you're in a White House talking to the media while the president is sitting down and you're standing up and your son is saying you're not really the president my dad is. That's very, very uncomfortable for American citizens to deal with, particularly not just the seventy seven million plus who voted for Trump, but the seventy four plus million voted against them. So these are uncomfortable times. But I gotta admit to y'all, this ain't the story that people want it to be.
Speaker 1: I don't like the access that he has.
Speaker 2: I don't like the fact that it purportedly reportedly involves potential dealings or strategizing against China, even though he's categoried and denied that's what it was about. Obviously, he's South African, and I'm not trying to draw any kind of connection. I'm simply saying, when you look at China and some of the inroads they've made in places like Africa, it likes South America, et cetera, et cetera, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta wonder about him.
Speaker 2: These are legitimate questions to ask while we're connecting dots, because it appears that we only know about Elon Musk what he wants us to know. And when you are somebody in a position of power and influence the way that he is, we want to know a little bit more about you. Again, I don't know, not trying to pretend that I do. But the discomfort that his presence in certain situations evokes, I can't blame it.
Speaker 1: I can't blame it. But if you.
Speaker 2: Already got contracts with the Defense Department, several contracts, I might add, then, how to hell we gonna complain about him meeting with Hegseth and Trump?
Speaker 1: How's that possible? Can't see it, can't see it.