Speaker 1: You're listening to Jojo Sewa Now with me, Jojo Siua and iHeartRadio podcast. Welcome back to Jojo See what now?
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: I remember there was an episode like way back in the beginning of this podcast where I used to open it up with the British accent might welcome back to ja Ja's see one now, and I feel like I feel like I might have to bring that one back soon. Honestly, I'm not gonna lie. I really like the British accent vibe. Any users, Welcome back to je Zea Now. How are you doing it?
Speaker 2: Is today a good day? I hope it's a good day.
Speaker 1: We are over halfway through twenty twenty four now, which is so crazy. Also, I was thinking about this the other day. COVID was four years ago. Four it feels like two.
Speaker 2: Tell me that I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Tell me like I feel like right now is twenty twenty two, Like I did Dance It with the Stars three years ago. That doesn't feel right. That's crazy. Time Time literally.
Speaker 2: Is a thief.
Speaker 1: I know it's a cheeky, cheesy saying, but time is literally the biggest thief. And I man, I'm I feel so grateful that I get this life like, I really love my life. I love my people in my life. I couldn't imagine life without my people, and I just I'm a happy girl.
Speaker 2: What can I say.
Speaker 1: Anyways, A big part of my life is this little show.
Speaker 2: Called Dance Moms.
Speaker 1: I grew up on Dance Moms watching the show, and then when I was nine years old, I did Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition, which is, you know, kind of the spinoff of Dance Mom's competition show, and Abby's the judge and Rich and Her show were also judges, and I did that show and then from there I went on to Dance Moms for two years, and that was really where the world got to know me for the first time. And so I feel always super defensive of Dance Moms because it is such an iconic show. It is such an iconic piece of reality TV history of the dance world history. Whether you like it or not, Dance Moms did change the dance world. It shaped the dance world, and it made some of the most famous dancers in the world. Any dancer that touched Dance Moms back in the day immediately had a name for themselves. And it's such a magical platform that I'm just so proud to say that I got to be a small part.
Speaker 2: Of and is a massive part of my career. And I've got nothing.
Speaker 1: I've got nothing, nothing bad to say about the Dance Moms, the original Dance Moms, and now we've got a new Dance Mom. So we've got Dance Moms of new era. It's on Hulu. I have lots of thoughts. I have lots of thoughts. First thing that I want to say today, I'm gonna get into the five my five thoughts on the New Dance Moms. But if I was one to just give an overall review, Okay, I have not finished the season, but I'm deep into the season and I'm enjoying watching it. But I am enjoying it for quite some wrong reasons, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get to hear all of my thoughts and why I think it's the wrong reasons. But Dance Moms is so special that recreating it is almost impossible. But I do think in some ways they're actually doing a very good job, and I think in other ways it's just a little bit disastrous. One of the things that I want to say before I jump into. This is the thing about Dance Moms back, I mean now still with Dance Moms, but back when I was filming is what I'm gonna speak to. We filmed sixty hours a week, and that got edited down into forty two minutes, and so you only saw the craziest moments. You never saw the sweet moments, the wholesome moments, the healthy moments, because not to be whatever, but no one wants to watch a healthy thing on TV.
Speaker 2: It's just not the vibe, right. Everyone wants the drama.
Speaker 1: But there was a proper way of having the drama. And I think that the original Moms did a very good job of doing that and making the drama between them and between Abby, and I think that the kids alway stayed out of it, and the kids were always kids, and the girls were always friends, and we always had each other's backs, and that that really I feel like, shaped me as a human being as well. And Dance Moms taught me so much at such a young age, so I'm so grateful for it. That's like my little, my little preface rant, But now it's time to get into my real rants.
Speaker 2: Here are my five thoughts on the new Dance Moms.
Speaker 1: Now, first thing that I want to talk about is I really respect that they do draw attention and pay their dues to the original Dance Moms. They Glow, who is the dance teacher of the new Dance Moms, gives a little bit of a speech to Abby. I guess now the problem is here. That's not true, and that's something that makes me very upset. Is everyone right now is saying, oh, we tried to reach out to Abby, we tried to get Abby to be involved.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 1: And it's not my position to speak on Abby's behalf, but I do you know that Glow and Abby were friends, and then Glow went completely behind Abby's back while doing this project, and it was definitely a stab in the back to Abby, especially when there was a lot of different studios that were approached to do this show, and all of them, you know, reached out for advice and to see if it was a good idea, and Abby did give them advice and said, hey, you should try to have these be your filming hours. That way you can still run your studio business after and she she did give some good advice to We were talking about it the other day and unfortunately glow fully just a bit aborted her relationship with Abby.
Speaker 2: And I believe they and I might.
Speaker 1: Be wrong on this, so don't quote me on it, as every thing press article on America is going to quote me on this. But they asked Abby to judge the last competition episode and that was the only thing that they asked her to be a part of. And what's shady about that is they essentially, I guess, just wanted her face to be a part of it, and she I think Abby deserves a little bit more credit than she gets for Dance Moms and creating Dance Moms. Obviously she's not the creator of the show, but it would it would not be Dance Moms without her, you know what I mean, especially in the beginning. So I gotta say I appreciate a little bit of attention that they drew to it.
Speaker 2: In the first episode.
Speaker 1: You know, GLO was saying, you all are gonna be compared to the ALDC and now you're Studio Blue. But people are gonna hear Junior Leaite team and see a pyramid and they're gonna think Abby Lee Dance Company.
Speaker 2: And I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I think that that instead of avoiding it, like it's an elephant in the room, you know what I mean. And they're talking about the pyramid, and they're like, you get to do this. We are the second studio that gets to compete every weekend, instead of being like I have a junius idea, let's compete every weekend. Like nah, bitch, you didn't come up with that idea, you know what I mean. And so I like that they give their little bit of paid dues, but hm, I just wish it was fully truthful their paid dues. I want to talk about the kids. The kids are insanely talented. That's my second thought. They're amazing little nuggets. They are tiny tats, They are very young, and they have a lot of talent in those little bodies, and I am excited for them. I'm excited that they get this platform. I'm excited that they get to grow their dance careers while being seen by the world.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I hope that if some of them don't like the spotlight, they learn how to run as fast as they possibly can away from it. But I think they all seem pretty good, and I do enjoy watching them dance because they are talented little kiddos that I think are going to be very successful in life. Now, my third thought is also about the kids, and this is a little hard to talk about, but these kids, some of them, need to be nicer to their moms. They don't see how much their moms are doing for them, and it really it isn't cute to see. And this is just for kids all over the world to take a look at. It's not cool to be mean to your mom. It's not funny to be mean.
Speaker 2: To your mom. You don't look cooler because you're mean to your mom.
Speaker 1: You look bad and you look not nice your mom, or your dad, or your guardian, whoever might be the one raising you. I guess this is what I should say, whoever's raising you, that person has your best interest, and especially if they are giving up.
Speaker 2: Their life to be on a TV show with you. And I think that.
Speaker 1: A lot of times that's taken for granted at a young age. And I think that some of these kids need to sit back and be like, wait, wow, my mom's actually being really helpful, being really good. And yes, everyone's mom annoys them at times, and trusts me, kids, you annoy your mom's way more often than they annoy you, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: That's how it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: It's a mother daughter of relationship, it's a father daughter relationship with father's son. Human to human, it's natural. As long as there's two people in the world, there's gonna be a little bit of annoyance. And so I think that these kids need to grow up, get some maturity, even though they're very young, they need to mature up, and they need to be like, hey, you know what, maybe I should be a little kinder to my mom, because I think that that's very important. And you won't go far in life if you're not a nice person. And I think that's a very very important lesson in whatever field you choose, whether that's the dance world, whether that's being a neuroscientist, whether that's being a golfer, whatever, whatever you might want to do in this life, you gotta be kind of those around you.
Speaker 2: Now. My fourth thing that I want.
Speaker 1: To talk about the freaking creative department. The creative department on this production team is freaking eating music is eating. Costumes are eating props are eating themes. The themes are crazy.
Speaker 2: This season.
Speaker 1: I I'm like entertained, like it gets to the dance and I'm like, yeah, the dances go, but then you see the prop and you see the costume and the hair and the makeup, and it's like, dang, they're really really doing their biggest on this show.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that necessarily is. I don't know if it's the producers. I don't know if it's Glow fighting for certain things. I don't know if Kayley's coming in, who is Glow's daughter being like, hey, I have ideas, but I think that the creative team, when it comes to the actual numbers, is just doing such a great job on those dance numbers and those creative numbers. I'm very I'm personally, very very entertained. Okay, the last thing that I'm here to talk about this this is a soft spot. It irks me and I talked about it a little bit in the beginning, but now I'll go into some more details. Dance Moms has a very famous quote said by Abby, and that quote is everyone's replaceable. There is one human who is not replaceable, and that is the creator of that quote, Abby Lee Miller.
Speaker 2: She's not replaceable.
Speaker 1: And it goes back to my beginning point of they're doing a good job of giving their flowers, but not exactly nothing about the Dance Moms girls, the Dance Mom's cast, the originals, I mean, go back to the original original Maddie, Kenzie, Nia brook Page, and Chloe. Go back to them and their moms Kelly, Christy, Melissa, Holly. I'm gonna Chuck, Jill and Kendall in there as well. They're not replaceable, they never have been and they never ever will be. And then you know, add in those who came later, Colonie and Kira, my mom and myself, Brinn and Ashley. The mini is, Yeah, that's something that's never gonna be able to be redone. Now you can do a new thing for sure, but be redone, you're always gonna be compared to something that was at the peak of iconicness.
Speaker 2: It's never.
Speaker 1: It's never gonna match up, you know what I mean. And so I think that's something that while watching the show, I'm like, it's it's I'm not gonna lie like I'm watching I'm tuned in.
Speaker 2: I turn it on at night. I want to know what's happening next.
Speaker 1: I want to know if foot's actually broken like I'm really in but I'm like, hmm, You're not Abby, you are not Melissa, you are not Maddie, you are not Jojo. And I think that that's that's kind of a hard thing to watch from somebody who was really in the Dance Salms world. Is they tried to picture perfect recreate everybody, and you're never gonna do that. It's not gonna happen. But yeah, I think that those are my like top five things that I wanted to talk about with this new show. I've got a couple more episodes left in the season. I'm excited for the finale. I've seen little like trailers and clips from the finale and it seems really good. I will say it was episode three when the Medium came in and the conversation. If you if you haven't watched it, I would recommend to just get to this part. And also the Sabrina Carpenter fight is the funniest shit I've ever seen before. It's one of the girls just not being very kind to her mom, and her mom was like with Sabrina Carpenter, act like this to her mom, and the girl just goes off, and like the medium comes in and this is all on TV, so you can go watch it for yourself.
Speaker 2: But she comes in and she sits.
Speaker 1: Down, and if you haven't seen it yet and you don't like spoilers, pause, go watch come back. But this is one of my favorite stories from the show this season so far, is the medium sits down and she's like, right away, I'm getting a mail and a car accident, and anybody like, does anybody relate to that? And no one says anything, and so then the medium was a little thrown off, and she's like, okay, whatever, glow, there's some oras around you, like both your parents are gone, right, and they were talking and whatever. All of a sudden, ten minutes goes by and they were talking somehow, and Mina, one of the little girls, was like, yeah, I have a brother. He died in a car accident two years ago.
Speaker 2: And everyone was like what.
Speaker 1: And she started to cry because she's this little, tiny peanut, and of course anybody talking about that would shed it tear. And it was just such a shock because no one said anything while they were in the medium circle. But the medium picked up right away, and I mean, it blew everybody's mind. And it turns out that the mom just didn't want to talk about it because she couldn't.
Speaker 2: You can't, she couldn't. And the brother was only thirteen when.
Speaker 1: He passed, and it just like that was like a jaw dropper on set and on the show, and I can only imagine the producers and the cameraman being like, no way, like.
Speaker 2: There's no like, that's you can't make that up. That's I will say. That is one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Things about Dance Moms back in the day when I was on the show, even now on the day, like you can't make it up. You cannot make some of this stuff up.
Speaker 2: And I will.
Speaker 1: I will give them their flowers. I will say, I'm entertained. I'm interested to know, number wise, how the show actually did. I'm gonna go google that asap. I hope for their saga did well. I think it'd be fun if they did a new studio every single season. I think it was fun to get to know these girls. But I don't know if I'd be as interested in the drama next season.
Speaker 2: But I would be interested.
Speaker 1: In another studio, you know, if it was kind of like, hey, this is our formula and we almost want to see, like how this studio attacks, the challenge of Dance Moms, the challenges, the pyramid rivalries. The challenge is a group dance or solos every week, you know what I mean. I think that that's an interesting concept to change it. So it's more of like like, here is the task. You're on this show, you get this season, what are you gonna do with it?
Speaker 2: And see what people do with it?
Speaker 1: Anyways, those are just my thoughts on Dance Moms and Dance Moms a new era.
Speaker 2: All love a little bit of shade. Of course, I'm defensive of the original dance Bombs, and so seeing the way that.
Speaker 1: These girls are treated by producers and creators and everything, and compared to how we were, and knowing now that the reunion was only done to promote this show, there is a bit of a little bit of shade, but it's more of like like, oh, that was shady on their behalf, and so now all of us are just kind of like, ooh, I saw Paige Highland did a TikTok, but I was like, I was here for the new Dance Moms until I saw them with their Tiffany gift boxes. Where was our Tiffany gift box? And I was like period page, you go get them.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: H Anyways, I love you all very very very much. Thank you for listening to Jerges You and now I've got lots of fun life coming for you, so stick around with me. Rejoin Snapchat again so I'm posting every day again. Go follow me there at It's Jersey wa everywhere and it's JERGESA. Follow the podcast Jerges You and now listen every week have fun, stream all the new music, Guilty Pleasure, Karma.
Speaker 2: You know it, you love it, y'all.
Speaker 1: Thanks for hanging out and I'll see y'all next time. Deuces, thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Be sure to follow us on Instagram and TikTok at Jojesua Now podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to write us.
Speaker 1: A review and maybe, if you're feeling to leave us five stars. I'll see you next week.