Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check, But just a quick on this episode of the Heat Check.
Speaker 2: We've got just so much popping around the league. We've got to start taking a tour. We've got our passports ready, Nick. We've got Sacramento Kings. We already hit them, gave them some shine. We've got some other ones. We've got to break down two teams moving in opposite directions. We've got the Okay Seat Thunder and we got the Houston Rockets, Yes we do. And then we've got to break down some news from around the league, including a game I was supposed to be at but I decided to go to a different worst game instead.
Speaker 1: Joel embiid Historic night, But why does that symbolize trouble?
Speaker 2: Also, let's get into the resurrection of a player, Edmund Sumner, a player you probably don't even know.
Speaker 1: You probably don't even know where he went to school.
Speaker 2: You probably don't even know what position he plays, Maybe you don't even know what team he's on. But why he's impactable. We will get into ad being an absolute comedy show drawing inspiration from a very strange ass source, and one Laker, one former Laker, being very mad. He's not on the top seventy five Lakers list of all time.
Speaker 1: And boy, is that a sketchy, funny comment. A lot to get into. Nick, Let's drop that.
Speaker 2: Beat, all right, we gotta talk about two things first up.
Speaker 1: One, I have to say this, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if you guys already know this, but if you don't live in the DMV, which means DC Maryland, Virginia.
Speaker 1: Has the worst sporting arenas in.
Speaker 2: The entire country, like it's the worst, and we'll discuss that. But two, we also need to discuss and talk about load management. I think it's time for us people who want to see games live to start.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna take it. We need to We need to talk about this.
Speaker 2: I hear things about load management, I read things about load management, but there is nothing quite like being on the wrong side of a game and experiencing load management for yourself. Sunday it went what the five fingers say to the face? Slap that hit me right in the face.
Speaker 1: I was planning on maybe going to see I don't know, the.
Speaker 2: Utah Jazz, Fun Little Story, Fun Team, Lowry Markenen, Joel Embiid don't really want to drive to Philadelphia specifically considering that the place I was trying to go to to return some clothes only exists in a Bloomingdale's. So I wasn't gonna drive up there for no reason, specifically, not just for Utah. Was I gonna drive up to see, Okay, see versus the Knicks at the Garden Man, that's a far drive too.
Speaker 1: And then I was looking at my Ticketmaster. Actually was the game time app.
Speaker 2: We're gonna slander game time specifically to you game time. And I saw the Wizards play the Memphis Grizzlies at the Capitol One Arena.
Speaker 1: What's this? Jaw? What I'm in?
Speaker 2: I am all the way in absolutely Jaw. Never seen him live, So he's mussy. He's mussy on TV. He's mussy live. Got Desmond Baine he's rocking. You got Bradley Beal, he's whatever, right, So you got Jaw and Bain coming to Chocolate Sip Day. I'm gonna go watch him dunk on everybody's head.
Speaker 1: And I hate Wizards games. They suck.
Speaker 2: They're the worst because well, I mean, the Wizards are really not fun at all. They're not a fun team. And I knew Bradley Beal has been injured, so it's whatever. But like the arena gives gives really like some electronic store vibes, do you know what I mean? Like you go, you walk in and you're like, holy shit, it's brightened here.
Speaker 1: Oh what is going on?
Speaker 2: And I'm used to like Staples where Staples makes it dim in there, it's like everything but the crowd or everything but the court is dark. Right, everything but the court is dark. Not a capital one. They want you to see every pore in your neighbor's face. I swear to God, they want you to buy a TV in there.
Speaker 1: I tell you what. It is so bright it gave.
Speaker 2: Me a migraine. It never gets dim except for the pregame.
Speaker 1: Warm up warm up thing right and the vibe.
Speaker 2: Ugh. I swear to you, I put this on my mother's life. The loudest it gotten there, promise you, the loudest it gotten.
Speaker 1: There was for an infant race.
Speaker 2: Would you say, trista a baby race? There were babies crawling on the floor. They had a race, and people were louder for that then the basketball game. They paid to see.
Speaker 1: What is happening here? But for Jaw, I will withstand all of this.
Speaker 2: I will come through for Jaw, because Jaw delivers for me every time.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting at dinner, waiting, excited.
Speaker 2: Doing a little one game parlay action for this Memphis Grizzlies Wizard's game and all of this. All of a sudden, what do I see, Like, why isn't the Why isn't Jaws prop up on the bedmgm app? Why is a Desmond Baines prop on the bedmgm app. I'm about forty five minutes from the game time too, Like, we bought the tickets. They're expensive because Jaw's coming to town. They're behind the bench of the visitors. Oh yeah, we were stunting, And I see this a little Fantasy Labs update right as I'm starting to put the pieces together, you know what I mean, starting to really struggle to eat the rest of my talk because things are starting to come clearer into focus about what's about to take place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jaw, late scratch, he was fine.
Speaker 2: He played the rest of the game against the Minnesota Timberwolves, which they did cover for me because of Jaw. Desmond Bane sprain Toe totally get that, but Jaw, no fucking Jaw. So what I knew I was about to see was a G League matchup. You had no Jaren Jackson, no Desmond Bane, no Zire Williams, no jaw and no Beal.
Speaker 1: What am I seeing? What is this?
Speaker 2: I won't bore you with the details, but it was like watching Pink dry.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Over under on Airballs was twelve and a half and I think it was the over.
Speaker 1: I saw so many David Roddy airballs. I like David Roddy, nice player. Got to see a little Kenny lofton Junior in there. What am I seeing? I literally, swear to God, swear to God, was yelling.
Speaker 2: I was probably six rows from the court and I'm yelling at Steven Adams underneath the basket.
Speaker 1: Chris dabs Porzingis' is food? Eat him, eat him, eat him.
Speaker 2: Everybody's so mad at me because obviously I'm the only one rooting for the Grizzlies of there, because I've got a bet on the Grizzlies, and shit, I want to see him win. I hate the Wizards, they are nothing but just I soar in the middle of Chinatown messing up my traffic. So it got me thinking, you know what we need? We need star player insurance.
Speaker 1: That's what we need. We need it. We need load.
Speaker 2: Management insurance for these game time apps. Because I tried to get my money back and they were like, ah, you're funny.
Speaker 1: No you're not getting your money back.
Speaker 2: What the fuck are you smoking? And I was like, that's fine. I'm never going to you again. But if you're like a seat geek or a stub Hub and you tell me, if you just give me a list, just give me a list, jaw Dame, Steph Brawn, Jannis Luca, Like, it's probably only fifteen twenty names, right, there's not It's not Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler's not on the list, right, No shade to Jimmy Butler, but he's not on the list. Okay, it's there's a very select few of people that I, as a local or someone traveling out of town, are coming to watch. Shockingly, Pallow is already on that list. And if they are a late scratch and they played the game before and they get scratched fucking three hours before game time or less, I should get my money back, no questions asked.
Speaker 1: And I tell you what, this is a billion dollar idea.
Speaker 2: This is I don't think if you think to yourself, if you're going to go see let's just say, Jae, you live in Portland, go jaw no, jaw no, Dame, what are you thinking? I mean, it's just anthroty Simon, and maybe efforty Simon's a scratch too. Maybe it's just Shade and sharp on limited minutes and Drew you banks. Imagine how pissed you would be spending one hundred and fifty dollars per ticket. You just saved your little money up, your little shekels up, and now you get to watch trash, you get to watch Summer League.
Speaker 1: Good job. So I would be as loyal as Dame Willard is to the Blazers.
Speaker 2: If I could get that from a secondary market, if I could find a ticket broker that would say, listen, we got you. We'll get Alliance or some sort of under rider to give you insurance, and we will pay you out. We won't make you go through all these little hoops and whistles, you know, and then just never pay you, you know, because that happens too. But like it is, without this, I may never do this again. Like I'm never gonna go see a game at Capitol Win Arena. And also by the way they spent seventy I had to look this up in the arena.
Speaker 1: I was like, this place sucks the way that it's constructed.
Speaker 2: And I just got back from Detroit Little Caesars Arena, and I won't waste your time with this. We'll move on quite shortly. But the way that arena is constructed compared to this steep ass, like we need a shallow, nice, little, smooth, shallow bull.
Speaker 1: Don't make people sit in the nosebleeds for no reason, you know what I mean. Don't make them be up stacked on top of each other. Gross.
Speaker 2: They put seventy million dollars into the Capitol winn Arena in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Twenty nineteen. That was right before the pandemic. There's a place, piece of shit. Arena. There's no stuff, there's no bar, there's no vibe, there's no lighting. I'm out, I'm over it.
Speaker 2: We're about a month into the season now and we've got some surprise of teams, teams who have come out of nowhere, teams that probably aren't gonna be like amazing as well, but they are fun.
Speaker 1: They're not contenders.
Speaker 2: We did a little breakdown on the Kings, and people were like, hey, like, break down my team, like that, come on.
Speaker 1: Bring that energy for us, and so let's do that.
Speaker 2: Like, if you're some of the lesser talked about teams around the league, let's go into them.
Speaker 1: I've got to one good, one bad. I can't get.
Speaker 2: Into all of them, and I'm going to continue to rolling them out. Maybe we'll do some more later on this week, But the first one that we need to start talking about.
Speaker 1: Is the Okay, see Thunder. What's happening there? Holy shit?
Speaker 2: They are absolutely flying. They scored how much they are putting up numbers going straight total. They were eleven and a half point dogs. That just tells you eleven and a half point underdogs to the Boston Celtics, and they were ahead the entire game. I was like, these motherfuckers are gonna win this game. Holy shit, they're gonna They took Boston to the brink. Tatum had a good jillion, and they still barely beat the Thunder. They put the fear of God into them. Boy, the Thunder can score. They can score, and they don't even have their complete roster. Like a team that went to the finals and you take them. They just hung around and just hung.
Speaker 1: Around and hung around and hung around.
Speaker 2: Shay who is, by the way, I don't know, top five favorite player to watch.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe not that high, but it's very high. He's now.
Speaker 2: He put a damn near forty on the Celtics. Jalen Williams from Santa Clara. He's gonna be a stud. He's only played three games this year. He came in, was very productive as a starter.
Speaker 1: I think he had fourteen points for them.
Speaker 2: He did his thing, really nice little mid range game for Jalen Williams. By the way, they do have two Yela Williams. It's the one from Santa Clara. I must just give that out. Very balanced effort all the starting five. Poku, Yeah, Poku was fucking solid. Yes, Poko's like my guy. He's like a little wish Chet, you know, like a little more a little more chaotic, a little like more feeling himself. He's like if Chet, if you got Chat at the dollar store, you know what I mean? Like, I love Chet, I love Poco. He's clearly not Chet, but he does a lot of the same things that Chet does and he is balling. Holy shit, he what he got twenty five? We'll talk about him in a second. Mind you, all of the starting five were double figures, almost twenty points by all of them.
Speaker 1: They had one hundred and twenty two points, and they barely got any.
Speaker 2: Production out of their bench because why they don't have one. They don't really have a bench. Okay, so Giddy Dort Poco all almost scored, all almost scored twenty this coming off the heels of gold up into the Garden and putting the straight SmackDown on the Knicks.
Speaker 1: To the point, think about this, The Okase.
Speaker 2: Thunder destroyed the New York Knicks so badly there are now think pieces being written about Tom Thibodeau being fired.
Speaker 1: That's how much they did.
Speaker 2: That's what they did to them, one hundred and forty five points in the garden. The thunder put one hundred and forty five points on a team that's supposed to be built around their defense. And now Thibodeau is on the hot seat.
Speaker 1: Mind you, chet Holmgren, the real chet Hoolmegren is out for the year. They don't even have their number.
Speaker 2: Two pick, SGA still picking apart every single defense without a secondary score. And he's just he's gonna be an All Star this year. He's gonna probably make all NBA. He's I mean, he's putting up forty regularly two way player, improved three point shot impossible to stop every defense they throw at him. He just knows exactly how to read it. He's like little plan Like he's like, uh, what is that called? That little chess movie?
Speaker 1: God, oh man, he's you know what I'm talking about. He was like Google's Chess movie in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: The Queen's gambit where he sees all the defenses on the ceiling and he's like, yep, just go this way, go that way, slash through him that way. He is imagine when he gets his jelly to the peanut butter, when he gets chat, it's gonna be curtains. It is gonna be absolute curtains for the.
Speaker 1: Rest of the league.
Speaker 2: They put up one hundred and forty five points without chet Holmgren. What would they have done with Chet Holmgren? Sheesh, think about how good Shay is when he's off the floor.
Speaker 1: They're just trash. They're just horrible.
Speaker 2: Like they are one of the worst offensive teams in the league. When Shade does not play. It's just literally that simple. That is how much gravity he's bring to the team. And we talked about Poku a little earlier about the Summer League. He's scoring twenty five percent more this year than he had last year, progression.
Speaker 1: What we would call on display.
Speaker 2: Just in the game against the Bucks, he had a full stat sheet.
Speaker 1: Blocks, dimes, rebounds.
Speaker 2: Pokus stats, just absolutely through the roof trying to get get him full for you because you can't really even get Poku stats if you just google it because there's a bunch of poku's I guess.
Speaker 1: So game against the Bucks he.
Speaker 2: Had ten rebounds, two blocks, seventeen points and two assists.
Speaker 1: Just ridiculous, just absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Lou Dort just got paid, as we know, finding his offensive stroke now that they've hired Chip England Josh Giddy averaging fifteen seven and six, he's raised his three point shooting by seven percent. It's still very early, like this is a squad. If you are not watching, okay, see, you are missing out. This is a fun ass, fun ass team. They're shooting thirty nine percent this season on shots over twenty feet, which is three percent improvement over last year. That's because, like I said before, Chipping's gonna come in here.
Speaker 1: What did he do?
Speaker 2: He comes into a team and every single time, without fail, they increase their shooting percentage by three percent every time.
Speaker 1: That's what he does. Shot doctor three point shooting league.
Speaker 2: And even though maybe three percent doesn't seem like a lot a lot, but like that's now they're fourteenth in the league.
Speaker 1: Where they were they were, where were they at last year?
Speaker 2: They were at the bottom, So that three percent changes everything, and that is why they can score. They're averaging. It's just it's just been absolutely ridiculous. Back to Shay really quickly. He's averaging thirty one, six and five. Shay is averaging thirty one points per game, six assists, five rebounds per game. He has two steals per game, one and a half blocks per game.
Speaker 1: What the fuck? This is what JJ Reddick just said.
Speaker 2: You are missing a show if you're not watching Oklahoma City. Yeah, that's exactly right. That is exactly right. In any given year, those numbers are first team all NBA numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a reason that.
Speaker 2: The shee is the lead target for all these different Again literally, now, all these trade rumors about the Knicks going after Sha, He's broken them. He has broken them, torched them for thirty seven against the Knicks have thirty seven against the Celtics.
Speaker 1: And this is like a very unselfish offensive scheme that eight players getting double digits a week ago, first time in.
Speaker 2: The team history that they've done that. You add shed in there, man, is this team is already a problem. They're already covering big numbers.
Speaker 1: I tell you what.
Speaker 2: You add back in chet And they're definitely getting a top five pick, right, It's probably gonna be someone good. It's probably gonna make them even more dangerous SGA though my prediction definitely an All Star. Definitely, I'd say second team. Tell you what that team is buyer. On the flip side of the coin, we just talked about, okay see, and how exciting they are, how fun they are, how impressive this roster is, how they're just really a piece or two away from being really competing, and they're like winning games they're not supposed to win. So that's on one side. What is happening with the Houston Rockets? Why is nobody talking about them? How bad are the Houston Rockets right now? They are fucking trash. I'm sorry, there's people in my youtubes Oh, you cuss too much, too many cuss words, too many F bombs.
Speaker 1: I watch it with my kids. I'm sorry. If you're watching the Houston Rockets right now, you'll know what I'm talking about. Why are we not holding them accountable? Why?
Speaker 2: Because we want them to just be good? We want them to be fun. They're a cute Little League pass team, right. I love Jalen Green and listen, I'm kind of a contrarian. So when Bill Simmons said all those mean things about Jalen Green, I was like.
Speaker 1: No, we love Jalen Green. Jalen Green is a winning player.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, in my heart of hearts, like if I was just me and you in the lamppost, is he I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't quite know if he is yet. I'm not sure I want to think he is.
Speaker 2: He shoots a lot, He's a bucket, we know that, but does that matter?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like Paul George's bucket too. He hasn't won a damn thing.
Speaker 2: They had to get rid of, like pieces on this Rockets team because they were also buckets that weren't winning players.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And now things are boiling over all, right, not only are they losing games, which is what we've expected that they would do. They're two and twelve, so they're one of the worst teams in the league. They're going to continue to be. We've got teams that are tanking, that are five hundred, So what are they They're like, they just don't even care at all, but they are. Now things are boiling over to the point where frustration is leaking out onto the floor. Veteran Eric Gordon, who god knows why he's even still there, why a team hasn't saved him, He's fed up with his teammates.
Speaker 1: This is what he said postgame. We didn't play our game.
Speaker 2: We didn't have energy, we didn't play with togetherness, and we got the result. That happens if you have a winning mentality. Moving the ball is something that you should do pretty common. Yeah, believing in your teammates and believing in what you should do, that's the way it goes when you're trying to win.
Speaker 1: We are not doing that.
Speaker 2: It's very tough. It's been the same thing year in year out, game to game. It's a long season. When we have games like this early on, it's tough. Yes, and we've seen this It's like, these guys will not pass each other the ball if they're wide open. It's it's like when you go to Equinox. It's not exactly like this, but you know what I mean. It's like when you go to Equinox and you're like the new person on the court for the lunchtime run, and it doesn't matter if you've got seven feet of space. They are not passing you the ball at all. Not doesn't matter what kind of screens you're setting, defense, you're playing, how good you looked in the little pregame warm up thing, how many shots you've hitting up, you're not getting the ball. That's the Houston Rockets, but with all of them, it's like every single player on the court is that new person at the Equinox run. If that other person has the ball, like, nope, not passing? Do you Jabari Smith underneath the basket? Wide open?
Speaker 1: Fuck off? I'm gonna shoot this dirty bartter? What is going on?
Speaker 2: Do you know what it means when a veteran has been on a losing team and he finally decides he's gonna call out that team publicly.
Speaker 1: It means he's been saying it privately for a while.
Speaker 2: Right like they are being and he said it, this is a selfish team.
Speaker 1: This is a selfish team. You can feel in his voice, what am I doing here?
Speaker 2: What is this? The resignation in his tone is palpable. And that is what happens when you're thirty seven, which is what he is, on a team that's on track for the third straight year to be one of the worst teams in basketball. So at what point do we start holding them accountable? Houston, Houston, We've got problems on this roster. Like I'm not talking about Steven Silas. I'm fine with him. I don't even know what to make of him yet. I don't know if he's good. I don't know if he's bad.
Speaker 1: He's not elite, that's obvious, but he's who knows. Could he be Steve Clifford, sure? Could he be Dwayne Casey sure? I don't know. Could he be Tips? Maybe? Could he be better than that? Is he nick Nurs? Probably not?
Speaker 2: Back to the point, this team doesn't have pieces that really make any damn sense.
Speaker 1: You know, It's like.
Speaker 2: He's tasked with babysitting a team who is basically saying public on all the blogs, on all their you know stuff that they do that one of the cornerstone players that they have. And don't kill me on this because there's a lot of people who love him because he's a bucket.
Speaker 1: He's a bucket. He's a bucket.
Speaker 2: But the cornerstone on the team is a player that was waived by the Cleveland Cavaliers for throwing food at his teammate. I know that's not relevant, but he was a cast off and you're making him a corner You got him for free.
Speaker 1: Okay, you literally.
Speaker 2: Got this piece for free, and now it's the centerpiece of.
Speaker 1: Your room, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Maybe not like great. When I look at this roster, there's five guys under twenty five guys on this fifteen man roster that can't even drink right now. Many haven't even played in college. Not saying that's necessary, but like I think four haven't played in college.
Speaker 1: They've come over either through the G League or international. It's hard to see an elite team here.
Speaker 2: He got guys that played one year in college who are very wild now being sent down to the G League.
Speaker 1: Atari Easton, who I love. What is the upside of this team? I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I saw this stat about what Jabari Smith is averaging right now, and it's awful. It's god awful compared to Powlo, which is what they'll always be compared together. And I thought to myself, what would Poolo be on this team? Would they be passing Polo the ball?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Jalen Green thinks he's pretty good.
Speaker 2: He is pretty good, but you know what I'm saying, Jalen Green wants to be the man you got. Kevin Porter Junior wants to be the man you got Josh Christopher.
Speaker 1: He shoots a lot. You got Alpern Shangoon he wants the ball? Are they giving the ball to Poolo? They have out? Alprin Shangoon. I like him, but he plays no defense. He's bad.
Speaker 2: He's really really bad. Does anybody think Jabari Smith is better than Pala right now? No?
Speaker 1: But if they switch places, then everybody.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, thank god Orlando didn't take Powell because Powell is just languishing in Houston.
Speaker 1: Anyone who was drafted to go to Houston was going to be languishing in Houston. Uzman Garuba they took Uzman Garuba in the first round.
Speaker 2: Why he's doing absolutely nothing? They could have had Io Desunmu, who's ballin'. They could have had Herb Jones ballin'. Like they're just passing over good pieces for very irrelevant fringe players that are doing absolutely nothing from a production standpoint.
Speaker 1: No Shade, Jayshawn Tate and Dayshawn Nicks.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I don't even think they're a starter for a real contender at this point. When you have veterans like Gordon and they're calling those guys out, that's not a sign good sign. That's not a good sign. They're not playing a team game. They will not pass to one another. Watching their offenses like watching a competition as to who can get theirs.
Speaker 1: It's like watching duct tape, you know what I mean? Just sticks stick stick sticks. Someone's open. Like I said, nobody's passing the ball. They're two and twelve. What happens? Though?
Speaker 2: The worst case scenario is this, Hopefully there is some sort of conspiracy around the lottery, because if Victor Wamba Yama ends up a Houston Rocket, I will lose my shit. I don't know what. I don't think he'll fit on that team at all. No wonder Christian Wood wanted to get out of there. I'm sorry if you're a Houston Rockets fan, I really am sorry for you, because it's.
Speaker 1: A fun young team could compete on a night to night basis.
Speaker 2: I read a two thousand word think piece article from some random local Phoenix newspaper about how dangerous the Houston Rockets are seen around the league.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Don't buy one word of that fun team might compete for a quarter or two, but leak probably the worst team in the league.
Speaker 1: Some news from all around the league. Right, let's start in Brooklyn. It's kind of a nice story.
Speaker 2: Here's a guy you probably don't know that was a Chris Collins Worth line. Here's a guy you probably don't know. Probably don't know what he looks like, Probably don't know that he went to Xavier. Probably don't know that he plays point guard. Probably don't know that he played for the Indiana Pacers and blew.
Speaker 1: Out his achilles.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna tell you about him because he's actually impactful. Edmund Edmund Sumner probably one of.
Speaker 1: The greatest steals of the offseason. Honestly, and if you.
Speaker 2: Don't know him, six' six point guard out Of, xavier he averaged fifteen a game there in college right drafted fifty second by The, peals ended up on The pacers for four, years increases his minutes year after year after. Year finishes the twenty twenty twenty twenty one season.
Speaker 1: Really has a good player off the, bench averaged eight.
Speaker 2: Two and, two including thirteen three and two in the games leading up to the to the. Injury the last ten games he was actually just really getting better game after. Game pops's achilles cost him all of last, year and then he gets traded by The pacers because he was becoming pretty important to the very like sticky.
Speaker 1: Offense but you, know these things.
Speaker 2: Happen they Have Tyreese, Halliburton they're gonna go get another.
Speaker 1: Guard they've Got Chris, dart so that's. Fine so they gets traded in THE.
Speaker 2: Tj warren trade and Then waved immediately, waved but The nets decide to take a flyer on him bring him back to the team, resigned so they're, like all, right what is he doing? Now With kyrie irving out from. Suspension he has just been absolutely a glue guy for this. Team eleven three and two with shooting forty percent and very really, overlooked like you can watch him shoot five threes in a, night just some. Nice he's like three for, four some, nice two for, four some. Nice you, know zero for. Two but, man they need a guy who can take care of the. Ball and one of the reasons really that The nets are playing well. Defensively And i've said this, before they're holding opponents outside of That lakers team that put up one sixteen on, them but they're holding opponents under one hundred points per. Game And Edmund summoner big reason why this is what he said in a recent. Interview the schemes are still the, Same we're doing the same. STUFF i just feel like we're really now covering for one. Another IF i get beat off the, BOUNCE i know somebody's right there to pick me.
Speaker 1: Up i'll bounce off and roll to the other. Guy SO i feel like we're just really coming.
Speaker 2: Together we're in a lot more, games and if we're willing to, sacrifice we're really trusting guys. MORE i know they didn't mean anything by that, comment but, like that was a, shot Right.
Speaker 1: Kyrie that was a shot At. Kyrie that was a shot At Ben.
Speaker 2: SIMMONS i don't, know is like all of a sudden they're playing world class defense When kyrie's not on in the, lineup and he's coming back maybe sometime, soon maybe.
Speaker 1: TOMORROW i don't. Know other people are, noticing. Though Kevin durant is one of.
Speaker 2: Them this is what he said About. Sumner it's a tough injury to come back. From you don't know how you'll, feel you know how your body will, respond and.
Speaker 1: He's going out there trying some. Stuff that's the best way for you to get over an injury is just try to test yourself and push yourself to the.
Speaker 2: Limit he's getting into the, paint he's making, threes and he's just playing fast and, man he has been. Fun he's so big six six six', Eight wingspan he's almost as Big As, jeremy Grant And jeremy grant, Plays Four edmund sumner plays. Point Guard edmund sumner. IS everywhere i love this. FOR him i love this For the nets AND. With Tj warren slaty to come, back soon, you know they'll kind.
Speaker 1: Of like Peb.
Speaker 2: And jay they have a connection from when they played for With the pacers And.
Speaker 1: The nets just taking chances might, actually Help say salva's, this season but Good For.
Speaker 2: Edmund Sumner Will kyrie beck, COME back i, don't Know But edmund sumner making the most out of, his opportunities and you got to feel good. ABOUT that i mentioned Earlier That joel embiid balled out Against The, utah JAZZ and i did mention that it took everything from him in order for them to win.
Speaker 1: This GAME but i.
Speaker 2: Wanted to look at the game a little CLOSER because i feel like there were two lessons from the game that we can take away.
Speaker 1: From. It one embiid is on.
Speaker 2: Another planet he's one of the most UNIQUE players i think we've seen in a long. Long. Time embiid in this GAME that i did not go TO because i wanted to Watch The memphis grizzlies Play, The wizards embiid had an, all timer like literally fifty.
Speaker 1: Nine points that's sick. All alone this man put.
Speaker 2: Up almost, sixty points, eleven rebounds, eight assists and.
Speaker 1: SEVEN blocks i didn't make that stat. Line up that's a real.
Speaker 2: Stat line ACCORDING to uh one of these reporters that Covers, The sixers embiid is the first player to record at least, fifty points, ten rebounds, five assists and five blocks in a game since when ever ever is the first man to ever, do that since they began tracking blocks in nineteen. Seventy three, My god embiid unstoppable in the fourth. Quarter too he was seven for eight in the eighth in the, fourth quarter he basically barely missed that eighth shot turn around step, back three just kind.
Speaker 1: Of rattled in an out of.
Speaker 2: The room he could have been perfect for the, fourth quarter had five blocks in the.
Speaker 1: Fourth quarter and the best part about.
Speaker 2: It was he Trash Talk laurie markinen in the. Final minute he, Was, Like, hey laurie you gotta miss these free THROWS because i gotta put my son. To sleep and, HE did i don't, want overtime and after the Game and, bid, SAYS yeah i lied. To him arthur's in bed by. That, Time anyway he's in bed every damn night at seven.
Speaker 1: THIRTY sharp i. LOVE this I love mbids.
Speaker 2: So much sixty, point game still fucking around talking Shit to laurie marketing line about putting his son. To sleep and the SECOND thing i think we should really look at, is Man the sixers.
Speaker 1: Have no margin, for error?
Speaker 2: Do they they almost lost To The utah jazz and he put up a historic performance and they almost. Still lost the only reason that they won that game Is Because laurie marketing miss some free throws and a couple of layups were missed By. The jazz otherwise it was gonna be night night like you read about.
Speaker 1: For them this is just not a very.
Speaker 2: Good team like, nobody's talking just like nobody's talking About The. Euston rockets nobody's talking about how bad.
Speaker 1: Things are For.
Speaker 2: The, Sixers Yeah james harden's out with them with, an injuries out for, a month and you think he's coming back to.
Speaker 1: Save you he's.
Speaker 2: Not good things were, bad, Beforehand right this is not a. Great team they've had to rely on multiple massive Games From joel Embiid And tyrese maxy for, that matter in.
Speaker 1: Order to be even be in games to beat.
Speaker 2: Good Teams the utah game was a one possession game with less than two minutes. To go NO way mba should have to go off for sixty points and still not be blowing out, a team still be having a. Shit Talk lori markaen down a stretch and like force him to miss a free throw just so you can go home with. A w that to me is an Indictment On. Doc rivers that's an indictment on My Man. Darryl moury the way this roster, is constructed and with hard and returning in the next couple.
Speaker 1: Of weeks integrating him back into the offense probably means even more. Growing pains more on that. To come, but boy, oh boy are the six in a very? Hot Spot Oh. Anthony davis oh. My god i'm.
Speaker 2: Going to TikTok About anthony davis the, other DAY and i. Get it laker fans and up, In Arms green bay fans up. In, arms yes that's where. They intersected ad had a, massive game massive game Against The, brooklyn nets.
Speaker 1: And he said he was Inspired By.
Speaker 2: Alan Lazard And aaron rodgers to spark him towards a thirty seven. Point, rampage okay we've got questions for. This right first, of All if laker fans.
Speaker 1: Can't find anything funny about my.
Speaker 2: Man data davis being inspired by a three and six football team widely seen as the most disappointing team of twenty twenty two with, MASSIVE expectations i.
Speaker 1: DON'T know i. Don't know you just don't have a good sense. Of, humor Honestly like.
Speaker 2: It's HILARIOUS that's i, saw THAT and i, was like this, Writes itself this.
Speaker 1: WRITES itself a d. SAID this i was Watching The.
Speaker 2: Green bay packers game Against the Cowboys And aaron rodgers threw a Slant To alan lazard for. Forty yards kind of a, miracle Actually Because alan lazard hasn't been, catching balls and he, started screaming he, started flexing and it gave me some motivation before, the game knowing we had to get, this win knowing that a lot, of guys Especially with, lebron out lean on me to get the. Job Done alan Lazard And aaron. Rodgers flexing it's not even, the move it was the flexing after, the move yelling and flexing That Inspired. Anthony davis let that sink in just for. A minute this is a grown person paid handsomely to win basketball games and, be inspired.
Speaker 1: Not by a. Random game what that game didn't? Take place what you had getta? Put up fourteen six? And two what the HELL? Am i what an't we? Saying Here? What lakers and that Gives the lakers their third win on.
Speaker 2: The season we are now talking about what gave? US motivation i Don't Know, anthony davis you might. Be traded how?
Speaker 1: About that?
Speaker 2: For, motivation god he. Is hard he is hard to. ROOT for i like him what he is hard to? Root for KEEPING, with LA The la times took a poll recently and they named The greatest lakers of. All time and there is now a hot controversy in the streets because there Is a laker legend that.
Speaker 1: Got snubbed let. Me explain so the poll finished in the.
Speaker 2: Following order it's number One, Is, magic obviously no. Controversy There Kobe, bean bryant, Number Two Kareem, abdul jabbar, Number Three jerry, west four fine, With That elgin, Baylor five. Shaquille O'Neill then Comes In lebron James And George.
Speaker 1: Miken todd a lot of room.
Speaker 2: For debate my, top four not in, Any Order Probably jerry west building the bedrock Of the lakers organization from a player perspective and AS A, Gm, Magic, kobe kareem Then.
Speaker 1: Probably shack.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you probably have a Different. Mount rushmart, it's fine but there is One former laker that is just absolutely steaming that he didn't make.
Speaker 1: The list who could?
Speaker 2: It be rack your brain think? About it who's not on the list that deserves to be on. The list, the shame the audacity to leave him off.
Speaker 1: This list think? About it who could? It be who could? It be Is It? Derek fisher no Is it Robert? Or no Is It?
Speaker 2: Brian Shaw brian shaw would never. Do that he's much too humble to be pissed. About anything. He's, Awesome, no Oh It's, Nick young Swaggy pe are?
Speaker 1: We, serious yes The legend Swaggy.
Speaker 2: P yes the top seventy five list made the Rounds And nick young is pissed off that he's not on.
Speaker 1: That list. He was he's been out of the league for, four years and.
Speaker 2: He's pissed he wants you to know that was a disrespectful list.
Speaker 1: Towards him he said that hate. Is real why y'all, hate me but? Love Me? Nick Young Nick Nick? NICK young i.
Speaker 2: Love him he's salty. About This Remember D'Angelo russell in the. Snapchat, Incident nick you Could Say nick Young And D'Angelo russell Broke.
Speaker 1: The lakers they've.
Speaker 2: Never been the same since they won that little, bubble title and they've never been. The Same nick young was Never a laker great he won a title With, the warriors he ranks outside of the top one hundred in total, wind shares while With, the lakers he's not even in, the universe not even in.
Speaker 1: The atmosphere he shot forty percent from the field period His entire, laker career.
Speaker 2: And of course they never made the playoffs while he, was there so that's important to note.
Speaker 1: As, Well However, nick young. Don't worry. Rest easy you.
Speaker 2: Should rest easy knowing that even though you're not a top Seventy, five laker you would one hundred percent make a lot.
Speaker 1: Of other top seventy. Five lists so here's here's.
Speaker 2: The list there's a short list of top seventy Fives That nick young would.
Speaker 1: Definitely make let's go.
Speaker 2: Through it top seventy five MOST mimeable mba moments for the gift of him walking away with his hands up celebrating a three that did not.
Speaker 1: Go in that one is an. ALL timer i use it all. THE time i use it once.
Speaker 2: A week top seventy FIVE ridiculous nba statements for saying he was the greatest three point SHOOTER in nba history in twenty fourteen and saying he'd have scored forty six thousand points by his twentieth season in. The league he played twelve years and he scored eight. Thousand points top, seventy five probably number one with the bullet fastest engagements blown up by having someone secretly record your tales of Infidelity When DiAngelo russell taped Him on snapchat bragging about all the times that he Cheated On.
Speaker 1: Iggy azalea don't even know how he Got At.
Speaker 2: Iggy azalea top seventy five worst takes on college women's college basketball when he called The women's final four jv ball because they didn't bring in the big bucks and then claimed his ig. Was hacked also probably goes on the probably most ridiculous statements. As well top seventy five LEAST accountable nba player when he admitted when he was a rookie As, a wizard He And andre blatch were quote unquote, MESSING around i think with one of the cheerleaders, or assistants and then they found out people was, blaming us like it was our fault that she.
Speaker 1: Got fired.
Speaker 2: Top seventy five worst responses to The ime udoka controversy when he said things.
Speaker 1: Get happened when you. GET bored i mean we could go on.
Speaker 2: And on top seventy five most violent plays in a church league basketball game when he allegedly grew enraged and jumped another player when the ref missed, a call then attacked the player and it ended up in.
Speaker 1: A lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Top seventy five worse Reactions when Little nause x came out and said he was gay when he tweeted, my kids we'll Never Play Old town road again on the speaker. Box wow and, of, Course finally top seventy five people who love cocaine when he said on a, LIVE stream i want people to pass. Me cocaine everybody needs to. Do, cocaine swagyp there's no one.
Speaker 1: Like them keep. Doing you top seventy five on, MY. List swaggyp you're one of my top seventy.
Speaker 2: Five lakers just none of them are about your ability to. Play basketball that's all the time that we have For The. Heat check we'll Be back friday with an all. New episode check out the feed for. Past episodes we've got. SOME divisions i think that we're gonna. Preview tonight we've got some interviews, coming up so, check forward. Check backwards they're going to drop pretty much. Every day do not forget. To download, Please subscribe please tell your friends and, follow us follow us on this heat check and at trist to crick, On TikTok Twitter and instagram because more posts will. Happen there thank you so much to you all for listening to me clown around ABOUT. The nba and thank you so much to, My Producer nick berlanski for doing all this magic behind the scenes and putting up with me on.
Speaker 1: The air talk to. You soon