Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he is Talking Cowboys, springing live from the Dallas Cowboys World hears at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Ten burners here, let's got Ti tya touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It is a Draft week edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and.
Speaker 4: The edis w BC Studios.
Speaker 3: Welcome in, everybody. We've got Josh Rodriguez, Patrick No, Si Wazer, Paul Bastidas.
Speaker 1: Is it fire?
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeoman's glad you're with us.
Speaker 5: It is week.
Speaker 3: It is one of my favorite times of the year. If you aren't locked in on the NFL Draft quite yet, you've got a little bit of time, but not a lot of time to try and do. So We're gonna do some mock drafts today. We're gonna talk about some mock drafts that have already been released. We're gonna talk about people no see Walker's mock draft that's available now on Dallas Cowboys dot com dot com. And then we're also going to do a live mock draft simulation where we are the Cowboys war room and we're gonna talk about the situations. And just so you guys know, I'm not making it easy on you. I'm Jerry, and you have to convince me. I'm gonna play Devil's advocate and you got to convince me he's gonna make it hard, exactly hard. So if that's the case, then then you can be assured it'll be a fun show absolutely from here on out. Why is that because you're on the Because yeah, I'm in Isiah this seat.
Speaker 2: Isaiah's chair, and you know they already said, well okay, see they already said we all look at it with Isaiah. Yeah Isaiah, right, you say, with Isaiah stand by?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it feels odd, doesn't feel right?
Speaker 3: Now you can see the program monitor and the clocks.
Speaker 1: This is what that feels like.
Speaker 2: This is the VP section. Yeah, Soca, Yash and I always have our backs to the wall. Now, I expect you to be on time all the way through. There's no going over time today because you've got the clock.
Speaker 3: That you can look at.
Speaker 2: I am locked in on to my screen and my and my host and my co host, just don't try to shot clock building, try to shot clock me.
Speaker 3: Maybe sometimes there's a show after it. All right, let's get into some news and notes before we get into a little mock draft mania. Patrick, what's been going on? Including can I kick it? You can't kick it?
Speaker 1: Okay? Brandon Aubrey, WHOA.
Speaker 2: Aubrey has signed his extension with the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys started off by placing a second round tender on their all Pro, multi time All Pro, first team All Pro kicker going into this offseason. The deadline came and went, which would have been Friday. As far as other teams making an offer that Brandon Aubrey could sign, that did not occur. As a reminder, a team would have had to be willing to give up a second round pick in this year's draft if they were trying to peel Brandon Aubrey away.
Speaker 1: No offer was made.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys ended up then agreeing to Brandon Aubrey four years, twenty eight million dollars with twenty million dollars guaranteed. He's officially the highest paid kicker in NFL history. Well deserved for the planeol kid getting paid here in Dallas.
Speaker 4: That's no Marjarin right there.
Speaker 2: That's all butter Baity extra butter Baby, that's all butter Baby. So kudos to Brandon Aubrey. Credit to the Cowboys for getting that done. And now they don't have to go into this season worried about a contractuation with a headline player. Obviously they still have George Pickens to worry about, but another one checked off.
Speaker 3: I think the big thing with Brandon too, is nobody really looked around and said, we're worried he's not going to be here in the fall. Nobody was really worried that was the case because Dallas had the leverage in the restricted free agent.
Speaker 4: Signing that they made with the second round tender to.
Speaker 3: Start his career and then the second round tender there. I think for Brandon Aubrey, it's better for him. I think for the Dallas Cowboys it is better for them. So I'm glad that they got a deal done. I'm glad that I wish it would have happened a little earlier and we could have just talked about this in February or March. But that's okay. I can stop tweeting every time Brandon Aubrey hits a sixty five yard field goal, pay the man pay, And instead they did pay the man, and he's now the highest paid NFL kicker in history.
Speaker 2: It also works out really quickly from a news and note standpoint transactional transaction wise, it works out where he is only paid one point five million dollars this coming season, which means his hit this year is under four million. So when you're talking about trying to get a deal done with new free agents that might be coming in, keeping in mind, if you extend George Pickens, then you actually lessen the cap hit, which is a great thing. But depending on if the Cowboys, and we'll talk about this during the month, if they can check off the boxes or if they fail to check off a box or two, they have some more money, more leeway that they can go into free agency right after the draft and maybe get a get a couple guys, what is that like four and a half million, it's about it's about four million, four million, about four million.
Speaker 4: I would like to do that.
Speaker 1: That'd be great, sounds good, you know, in theory.
Speaker 3: In theory, Kyle, I.
Speaker 4: Would like to challenge you to one thing.
Speaker 6: Next time you're calling Dallas Cawagan, because we all know Kyle will be calling it.
Speaker 4: Cowboy game here.
Speaker 6: At some point, I challenge you, whenever Brendon Aubrey makes one of those fifty plus yarders, can you please just say I can't believe it's not fotter or something like that.
Speaker 3: I gotta find a way. Yeah, I'm wondering, one if that's trademark. Two if there's a uh, if there's a way to play off of that, but say something good, because if it's if you can't believe it's not better, then maybe that's just say it.
Speaker 4: Kyle. You don't need to add theory into just.
Speaker 3: Saying I just think there's gotta be a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: Man, let me go ahead and just say this.
Speaker 2: Also, while we're talking about the kicker situation before we quickly pivot over to it to the mock and everything, I'm seeing this on Twitter and I'm not liking this.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna say this.
Speaker 2: I don't care how much you paid your kicker. You don't play to kick. Okay, I want to be clear on you.
Speaker 3: You play to win.
Speaker 1: You play and win the game.
Speaker 2: Shout out to herm Edwards because some people are saying, oh, well, for what we're paying him, he better make seventy yards. You better not ask him to kick seventy yarders and sixty five yards and sixty yarders. You better play and call offensive play calls as if you have the worst kicker in the league. Just play it that way. And if it so happens that that doesn't work out and you end up in field goal range, then guess what, you have the best kicker in the league who's now on a four year extension. That's gotta feel great. But don't go into offensive drives feeling like, oh, well, if we get to you know, the opponent's forty yard line, then no, no, no.
Speaker 6: It's great for the halftime drill, it's great for maybe a two minut or, but don't rely on that.
Speaker 3: You feel like they did that too much last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, especially with how answer fast enough. Yes, glad you did it.
Speaker 6: Cure with a healthy Dak and you expect the offense to do what it does, and obviously you're gonna have a lot more consistency this year with the offensive line.
Speaker 4: Hopefully things are better there. You should not play to kick the.
Speaker 2: Ball unless it's a game winning drive situation and you're down by two points, then that it would be the only exception. I want you to be aggressive depending on where the ball starts off at and kind of matriculate.
Speaker 1: It down the field.
Speaker 2: However, outside of that situation, which even then I'd say, take a shot right downfield, take one shot, but over the course of the game, do not allow Brandon Aubrey to be your safety net. I don't care how much you're paying Hill. You pay for quality insurance, right am. I gonna say the names because they're not sponsors, but you pay for quality insurance. Sometimes it costs more because you know, you want to know that if you need it, it's there and you don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But you don't go driving your car trying to swerve into the barricades because you.
Speaker 1: Have great insurance. Like, just think about that for a second. Folk, Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Don't go drive you know, I'm gonna leave it. I'm gonna go looking for an accident because my insurance is excellent. Like a good kicker, Aubrey is there, m M. So I'm just saying for those that are saying, well, for what we're paying him, No, that's not how that works with a kicker. Kicker is insurance and you have expensive insurance and that should make you feel great, But don't go looking for an accident so that you can file acclaim.
Speaker 3: I like that mic drop from Patrick Knows who walked. What else we got on news and notes?
Speaker 1: What else do we have on news and those about it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That that's the big one, and that's that's it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you heard from from Steven.
Speaker 1: We did hear from.
Speaker 2: Steven last week, and Stephen had a couple of interesting points and I'm going to bring this up here because this goes into the mock as well. Stephen Jones talked about one thing that really stuck out. Quick update, there's no change on George Pickens situation. Cowboys and George Pickens continue to try to work that out. There's been no movement that's reportable right now. But he did say something Stephen Jones did to one on five three the fan about red shirts that stuck out to me, and so I decided to write an article about that on Dallas Cowboys dot com co. And here is what he said, which backs up what Jerry said about the Cowboys being a little bit at verse strongly at verse two red shirt players or potential red shirt players, Let's see what wanted to see them. This is the better quote. This is Stephen Jones to one to five to three the fan. When it comes down to a prospects potential availability, he said, quote, what's his status for mini camp, what's his status for training camp? And then ultimately will he be able to play a part of the season or none of the season? All of those levels that we put into it and decide where we come down on that particular player. In quote, they lets you know that the Cowboys, while they're not completely out on the potential red shirt, they are likely out on any player that's going to miss a large chunk of time this season. And some news broke yesterday on McCoy out of Tennessee that it seems like for all intents and purposes, that's going to put him on the outs with the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: But we can talk about that as we get into the mad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm curious if there's another situation similar to Revel last year where he was coming in and it was kind of expected, at least from his people right that he would be expected for Week one. Maybe Week two and then that was not to be the case. Is that something that you see the Cowboys reaching for in this draft.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing with Jemi McCoy, he'll be healthy going into training camp, maybe even as early as Mini camp. He's eighteen months removed from or fourteen fifteen months removed from the ACL injury, and he's running around just fine. I think he'd be cleared by the time organized team activities started happening. Now the question has become and started to shift. Teams aren't as worried about the past injury as they are about the past injury paired with a possible degenerative knee situation that popped up at the NFL Combine. So it's not just one thing, it's multiple things that teams are flagging him for. I think his tape speaks for itself. In twenty twenty four, I still think he's a tremendous football player. I don't think he's going to be a fit here in Dallas. If Dallas had a fully healthy cornerback room, then they maybe could take a chance on it. But they're not in a situation now where you have rebel coming off of a major injury, you have Deron Bland, coming off of a major injury and surgery this offseason, coming off of Kayln Carson finally being healthy at the end of the year and getting his first fully healthy offseason hopefully knock On Wood in the middle of this year. You don't have the opportunity or the flexibility to take a possible medical red flag guy and put him in a room full of possible medical red flag guys. They want a clean bill of slate if they are indeed going to draft a cornerback. So in that case, that puts mansorta lane on the table at twelve. I don't think he makes it past twelve. If he's there, it depends on who else is there. Of course, we'll talk about it in the MA, But I also think Colton Hood is in the conversation too. The other Tennessee corner they've been very high on him. I think they have him probably right at the back half of those names that are first round consideration, maybe early second round, which if you're at twelve or twenty, you may have to dip into your second round grades depending on how many first round grades you have at the defensive position. So all of that to be said, I still think there's a chance he could be on this team and they draft a corner I just don't think it's going to be Jermal McCoy.
Speaker 2: They most certainly would prefer And if you look at how Stephen Jones kind of parsed his point, he said that also in an interview check out the article. He also said that this is not the only determinant in the discussion on a prospect, right, so they're also going to look at all the other things as well. So to Coyle's point, it's very possible that draw McCoy could be a Dallas Cowboy, particularly if the Cowboys feel like he wull be ready for training camp and if not, most certainly at least ready for the start of the season. If they feel that's going to be the case, then that puts him in play. But when you're talking about these I.
Speaker 3: Don't think it puts him in play. Even if he is healthy and all of that is a space, I don't think he's in play at all.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 3: Maybe if he's there at ninety two, which like that's not possible. I don't think that's possible. If he's there at ninety two, they may entertain it. I don't think he's in play really at all.
Speaker 2: So let's just keep the Red Shirt thought process in mind as as Jerry Yeoman's over here puts us to put the screws to us to see what we what we decide in this month.
Speaker 3: All right, So here we go. We're gonna we're gonna run a mock draft simulation on the other side of the break or actually, you know what, I want to take a look at your first Okay, I want to go through that. When we come back, we're gonna take a look at some of the other mock drafts first, go through what the halls have been and which ones we liked. Then we'll run the live mock draft at the end of the show, and we'll run through the first round for with the Dallas Cowboys. More talking Cowboys coming up right after this.
Speaker 7: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 4: We're with you.
Speaker 7: That's our promise to you, because no matter of the project or the challenge, you're facing where were you?
Speaker 1: Where are you not it?
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 8: As America's leading business lender, Bank of America is on your corner and in your corner, with over nine billion dollars in business loans and more than one hundred and forty business specialists right here in North Texas. We help businesses thrive, so communities prosper. What would you like the power to do? Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Local Business. Bank of America Official Bank of FIFA Club World Cup twenty twenty five. Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation, All rights reserved.
Speaker 5: Getting AT and t'spast deal on the Samsung Galaxy S twenty six Ultra, Man, you realize I do deserve the best, like this bubble bath with fancy soap and even as face masks.
Speaker 9: Learn how new and existing A Tenti customers can get the new sounds and Galaxy S twenty six Ultra with Galaxy AI for zero dollars with eligible trading. Any condition requires trading of Galaxy S twenty four plus for five or new or installment plan on eligible wireless plan minimum sixty dollars a month before discounts for AT and T value two point oh subject to change. Visit ATT dot com slash on some for details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys Welcome Back into Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. This segment has brought to you by invisil Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Back with Josh Rodriguez, Patrick NOCI Walker Paul Bastiitas in the back of Kyle Yeoman's No Isaiah stand Back Today. He quit Dallas Cowboys dot com because they don't give him a wardrobe stipend. Really unfortunate work he decided to take it with ESPN and Good Morning Football and the NFL network.
Speaker 4: It's such a dfaul.
Speaker 3: It's tough. It's tough working with a diva quite like Isaiah. It's good stuff. Now we love Isaiah. We'll see him back, I believe next week when we that yir Now I'm count b Yeah, let's take a look at the science.
Speaker 1: Yeah, science Lab.
Speaker 3: Patrick Walker's seven Around Cowboys mock Draft is available now on Dallas Cowboys dot com dot com. I did see yesterday it was trending for a hot second.
Speaker 2: It was shouts out to Cowboys fans who love and follow the science. Everyone knows that I do an annual mock draft. I only do one, and I know a lot of people have wondered why I only do one. Honestly, it's a personal challenge to myself. It's not because you know, I'm not looking down on those who have fun with their mocks. I know the mock draftnicks are out there and it's a fun thing to do over the course of draft season. But I always want to see how accurate I can be based on their thought process, all the information that I get over the week's preceding the draft, if I can get one or two hits, I'm always curious as to that.
Speaker 1: So that's my mindset. I want to see if I can do it in one go.
Speaker 2: So that dropped yesterday on the dot com and got a little got a little spicy is particularly on day one. All right, Day one led to some spice one and yeah, let's talk about the science. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So at twelve, who did you go with?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna spoil it, but you still need to check out the article because I give measurables. I give, yeah, some scouting reports from these guys. I get the charts, Yeah, the charts. I give the context as to why this guy you're not that guy. Perfect example, at twelfth overall the Dallas Cowboys were on the clock and Patrick Noci Walker selected cornerback out of lsu Monsur Delane. Whoa you know not I miss all American in twenty twenty five. For me, he is going to be the future at cornerback for the Cowboys. Now again, if you read the context this I'm not going to spoil, you will see why I went with Monsieur Delaine.
Speaker 1: Some things happened on the.
Speaker 2: Board and I kind of got wiped out in the spot that I didn't want to get wiped out in.
Speaker 1: But nonetheless, Monsieur delayed.
Speaker 2: He's headed to the Dallas Cowboys and my mock draft as twelfth overall pick.
Speaker 1: As the twentieth overall pick, I chose No. One. Did you like to know why I chose No.
Speaker 3: Four fifth pick?
Speaker 1: I bailed?
Speaker 2: Ah bailed because again read the context as to why. But based on how the board was falling, I looked at the linebackers, knowing that I needed a linebacker. I had just taken a corner back. Edge was getting wiped out, and I said to myself, you know what, self, there's depth in this edge class, but I need to get me a linebacker. But I'm not comfortable going at twenty with a linebacker that I want. Sold bail out, get another pick that I'll talk about in the moment.
Speaker 1: CJ.
Speaker 2: Allen, linebacker out of Georgia, is the second pick of the Dallas Cowboys, but after a trade with the Houston Texans, a trade trade that sent the Cowboys pick twenty eighth overall, Houston gets the twentieth overall pick, and based on the draft value chart, slight overpaid by Houston, but they came up to get who they wanted. I got the fifty ninth overall pick to Dallas, which is a second round pick.
Speaker 1: So I got CJ.
Speaker 2: Allen as the linebacker at twenty eighth overall, which is a glorified second round pick, as we all know. And then to make sure for those that have an asterisk next to C. J.
Speaker 1: Allen. For this reason or whatever reason, I said to myself, I'm not afraid of the double dip. I like two scoops. I like two scoops.
Speaker 2: So when I was on the clock at the fifty ninth overall pick, I looked at the edge and I said, I could hold off just a little bit longer, third pick for the Cowboys fifty ninth overall. After executing the trade with the Houston Texas linebacker out of the University of Texas, I could hear Tommy smiling. Anthony Hill Junior, who's a local kid obviously here for Dallas Day. Visit two time.
Speaker 3: First team All SEC Byn Broduct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big twelve D Defensive Player of the Year and his accolades go on and on and it goes from there. Now, this is where I addressed the secondary I feel like cowboy. I like what they did in free agency at safety, but only one of those acquisitions Jayalen Thompson was speaking of is a long term solution.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: PJ.
Speaker 2: Lock is on a one year deal. Milie Cooker is in a contract, plus he'll be thirty two by the end of the season. Got to figure out some things there. I went with fourth overall, fourth pick, ninety second overall, Round three safety out of Penn State, Zaqi Wheatley.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan of that guy.
Speaker 2: Fiesta Bowl Defensive Player of Defensive MVP in twenty twenty four. I think he brings something to the table that will thrive under Christian Parker and some of these new coaches that are coming in to coach the secondary. So I think that's gonna be a good thing. Now here's why I really get excited. I was already excited, and Josh knows what because we were talking about this.
Speaker 1: He was, Yes, this is one for me. I feel like this might be my draft steal.
Speaker 2: Day three starts Round four, one hundred and twelfth overall at the edge, outside linebacker out of Wisconsin one Mason Rager.
Speaker 1: Rager Riger that feels so good to get him at one twelfth.
Speaker 2: Overall, I saw a couple of people who responded and thanks so much for engaging with me on this on Twitter. It's not that I need you, because I don't need you to agree, but I am here for the healthy discuss. And a couple of people felt like Mason was a little bit of a reach at one twelve, but based on how things were falling, there was already an early run on edge.
Speaker 1: It started to kind of slim out.
Speaker 2: I said to myself, you know what, I'm not going to wait until the fifth round to get Mason. I'm not going to hope he's there. I'm going to take him at one twelve and be done with it. East West Shrine Bowl defensive MVP. He's shining in that absolutely, which also made me smile. When I saw he was still available one twelve, I said, I want to pick him. He was the guy I wrote the East West Shrine Bowl standouts. He was the guy, the top guy I say coming out of that that I wanted the Cowboys to look at.
Speaker 1: He was available. I took him.
Speaker 2: Now, I want to have some fun because that was all defense, right, yep? But what about offense?
Speaker 1: And what pick is this.
Speaker 2: This is the sixth pick for the Cowboys, one fifty second overall in the fifth round. Okay, wide receiver out of Oregon, one turbo charged Malik Benson. Malik Benson has a jet pack on his back. When you look at the wide receiver position for the Dallas Cowboys, ceedee lamb check George Pickens franchise tag or deal check he's in the building. Twenty twenty six, Ryan Flinoy, you know how I feel about flow Okay.
Speaker 4: Check check solidified number three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but once you get past WR three, what do you got exactly?
Speaker 2: Paul Trey John Holden, a former Oregon wide receiver potential. Yes, but you need more, bottom line, you need more. They're not using Kafante Turpin like you would like, and that could be due to his size and or the fact that he's your special team's got. He's your returner, hands, workload, things like that. Malik Benson, he's a burner, he got, he has hands and because he out of Oregon, he's a junior Adams prospect, right, so there's a connection there and they've already shown interest in him. Seventh pick, round five, one hundred and seventy seventh overall. Let's stick to offense. You need depth, a wide receiver. You know what you also need?
Speaker 1: You need an offensive tackle.
Speaker 8: HM.
Speaker 1: We have questions about the left tackle. We've talked about it.
Speaker 2: Ad nauseum offensive tackle out of Boise State, fifth round one to seventy seventh overall. Cage Casey two time first team All Mountain West last year and the year prior, second team All Mountain West in twenty twenty three. If you haven't watched Cage Casey play football, I encourage you to do so. Once he drops anchor, you're not moving him. His anchor is exceptional, his hands are exceptional. There are some things that he would that I would like to see him improve a pun If you want to see who those things are, go check out the mock draft. I put all of that in the scouting report and things like that. You know Tyler Guiden has availability issues. You know Nate Thomas is coming up. However, you also lost him to injury. You want to keep Tyler Smith at left guard, you need to have you need to throw something else, a talented prospect with a high ceiling that left tackle just in case.
Speaker 1: I think Cage Casey is that and.
Speaker 6: If you can trust anybody to pick a offensive lineman, especially one that could be a depth piece for you in the fifth round, that.
Speaker 4: Could possibly, like I said, do things for you. That's Cowboys.
Speaker 1: That is Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And then of course I know it's not as much as it used to be, but they have the pipeline to Boise State.
Speaker 1: We know how that works.
Speaker 3: I would argue Dallas has not had a ton of success in the later rounds drafting offensive linemen. Think about like Josh Ball, Matt Will, lets go some of these guys that they had spent late round draft picks. Now, if they're drafting in the first round, doing pretty good with that, right, they're drafting in the middle like day three, like top one hundred, Cooper BB, you're doing pretty decent there, and then undrafted guys they've had a ton of success with dj Bass brock Hoffman. I mean, you kind of named some of the other guys that have been on that list. But when's the last time they've picked a Day three offensive lineman and it's worked out just to play Davil's adge. No, Yeah, I don't know if they have.
Speaker 6: I just think the evaluation of offensive lineman if they feel strong enough to get a guy at, you know, in the fifth round, I would argue that they probably have a little more of a scope on what that person is able to contribute.
Speaker 4: I like the pick here. I really don't hate it.
Speaker 3: I do feel like and I think you have to take an offensive lineman at some point right, and they usually do.
Speaker 1: I think this is a sweet spot based upon your defensive needs. Sure, absolute sweet spot.
Speaker 4: And then when you look at ones, I got a problem. Yeah, no, no.
Speaker 2: And then when you look at Cage Casey and you're looking at what he can provide to you. One of the things with Cageksey with over twenty seven hundred snaps for Boise State in twenty twenty four, he had he allowed only six pressures and zero sex. And he's the definition of balance as far as run blocking and pass blocking.
Speaker 1: Eighty point I think one.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking at the exact thing, but like eighty point one grade as a run blocker, eighty point four as a pass blocker. He's the definition of like consistency. He can do it both. He has the hands, he has the anchor. You again, if you want to know what I want him to improve upon, then you got to read the article.
Speaker 3: I want to add a little science to your science.
Speaker 1: Come on with uh.
Speaker 3: Since twenty twenty, they've taken at least one offensive lineman in every day, every single one of them. Only one of them has played as a starter the majority of a season, and that was Tyler biadash back in twenty twenty. That was the only he was a fourth round pick. Since then, they drafted Josh Ball in twenty twenty one, Matt will Let's Go in twenty twenty two, Awesome Richards in twenty twenty three, who I would heads, Yeah, he's been serviceable, hasn't been a starter, but serviceable. Nathan Thomas in twenty twenty four, and then a Johnny Cornelius in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: I think those three have yet to be seen though, as far as like playing out exactly what they're capable of at this point.
Speaker 3: Still, I mean, I'm still comfortable with that and they're still around, so I don't think it's a failure.
Speaker 4: We're talking death pieces too.
Speaker 1: On top of now, we're in the fifth round.
Speaker 4: Yea, and I think place in Tyler Guiton with a front pick.
Speaker 2: When you get I got like cage Casey with his current skill set in the potential that he can be for you, and you're getting that at the fifth round without sacrifice. Seeing more premium picks at positions of need. I think that's a sweet spot to kind of peak there. And that's why why I did eighth pick for the Cowboys trade another trade.
Speaker 1: Got a trade?
Speaker 3: You traded twice in one draft? Does that allowed?
Speaker 1: Hey? I did it. It's done. The Cowboys had the one hundred and eightieth overall pick.
Speaker 2: I sent that to the Detroit Lions, so that gave the Lions a back to back pick at the back end of the fifth round, and in exchange, I took both of their sixth rounders. I took their two hundred and fifth overall and two hundred and thirteenth overall Cowboys. As a reminder, they had multiple fifth rounders. I think three three fifth rounders, three fifth rounders and no sixth rounders. Now we're talking depth. Shouts out to isay, I did this for you as well. Cowboys. As much as they need marquee players, they need talented bodies as well. So these are value. This draft is this trade down on Day three is four value? Okay, to get more guys. Now that means with the two hundred and fifth overall pick from the Lions in that trade, I took cornerback out of Alabama, Domani Jackson, Cowboys. You know last time they took a cornerback out of Alabama it worked out well, at least for the first four years before the injury happened.
Speaker 1: Now, be not mistaken.
Speaker 2: I am in no way shape or for him saying Demani Jackson is the Trayvon dis prospect.
Speaker 1: He is not.
Speaker 2: However, he has the athleticism, he has the physicality. I love him and press man. He can operate in zone, but again I'd love him in press man. All he needs to do is be a little be more cognizant of his hands because at the NFL level, flags will fly. But he loves playing at the line of scrimmage. He loves disrupting guys off of their breaks at the top of their routes. He's not afraid to get in there. He's not a zone primary guy, but he can play zone. My knock to him, and I'll go ahead and say this is for his athleticism, for his ability to stay sticky with guys, for his ability to be at the point of attack with the receiver.
Speaker 1: All of those things are true. I expect more takeaways.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you're wondering, well, no Sea, will you know, if he's all these great things, why didn't you get him into two hundred and fifth overall? I expect more takeaways for the level of disruption that he provides. He has been in multiple positions multiple times on film for Bama, and you know, I know all about Bama God Dogs. Not to only have come away with two interceptions in his career, that's unacceptable.
Speaker 1: But I'm confident you get him.
Speaker 2: With Christian Parker and some of these other secondary coaches, you can coach takeaways into a guy. Al Harris came here and did it for multiple seasons. Okay, the other things not so much. Now with the two hundred and thirteenth overall pick that I acquired in that trade from Houston, tight.
Speaker 1: End, you and I were talking about this sneaky need.
Speaker 4: This is sneaky need. I'm glad that you said this.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that you brought this up because it's something that we hasn't We've addressed a couple of times on this show. I haven't really seen it in many other shows in that I feel like there's an opportunity there to elevate that room. I don't think that you're getting enough from Luke scoon Maker as far as playmakeability, you know, I don't. I don't think that's quite there. Brevin van Ford has shown glimpses of it. I would love to see him get more of the the number two snaps or number one if I'm being completely honest, But I think you need a playmaker there. I don't know exactly about Bentley's skill set or anything like that, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: Even say the name.
Speaker 4: Oh my bad.
Speaker 1: You go ahead, go ahead, now, I'm just talking week.
Speaker 2: It's Dallan Bentley tight end out of Utah, two hundred and thirteenth overall in round six.
Speaker 1: Gohamton ship point, Joss, this's great point.
Speaker 6: No, I just really think that there's something to be said about a playmaking tight end that you don't necessarily have. I mean, you have Jake Ferguson. He's the security blanket. He's very much like we've seen from Jason Witten, more athletic obviously than Jason Witten was. I just mean I would like to see somebody that has skill that is able to get downfield, a true vertical guy at tight end. The Dallas Coubys have not had as long as I've been watching.
Speaker 2: Now, I will say this the only knock that I have, the biggest knock that I have that is twenty six years old. Well, there's that's a knock. But the other knock is that I didn't sound that he'd be here ten years. I didn't say he'd be your te one. I'll talk about the knock in a second, but that's a great point. So let me dove tail off of that. You have Jake Ferguson, two time All Pro, had a much better season, etc. So let's just say he's your te one. He's on a new contract. Who former second round pick Lou Schoolmaker's going into a contract year. Don't know what his future looks like. May Or may not be with the Dallas cobun You don't know what it is. May Or may not be with the Dallas Cowboys in twenty twenty seven. That's up to him in the front office. How he performs in his contract year, we'll see. Berevon span Ford is making a strong push for Te two. Okay, Princeton fan is back but we know what Princeton fan is at this point. So if you play the hypothetical of Schoon not being here for whatever reason in twenty twenty seven, and that gives you Jake and Brevin span Ford, who's your te three. I'm looking at that when I look at a guy like Bentley, who, by the way, reminds me of a more He's a more athletic Jason Whitten. And I don't mean that casually. I don't mean he's Jason Whitten. What I mean is Jason Witten doesn't drop passes. Dallan Bentley doesn't drop passes.
Speaker 3: Right, zero drops in seventy six targets.
Speaker 2: Zero road drops, Dallan bent Jason and Witting. He is the definitive security blanket from zero to about fifteen yards, that's Dylan Bentley.
Speaker 1: He doesn't stretch the field. That's the biggest knock. So he's not a guy that's.
Speaker 3: Going he's a second Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's fair enough.
Speaker 2: That's a good comp although I would say Jake on your roster in your system, Yes, that's what he would that's fair.
Speaker 3: And then Brevin's kind of your take the top off type.
Speaker 4: Of the love of God, let him do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I wanted, what I wanted to see in a sixth rounder.
Speaker 4: Let him.
Speaker 2: Dylan Bentley shorthanded to say the least zero drops. Excellent inline blocker, run pass and run protection right. Also a very willing and capable pass pro guy. Right, and he has the athleticism to make a guy miss here or there. I love the thought process of in twenty twenty seven. If Schoolmaker's not here, Jake Ferguson Brevin span Ford and then Dalan Bentley pushing Brevin span forward to make sure that he achieves what he needs to in that.
Speaker 1: Tight end the room. So there you go. Final pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a hustle. Yeah, final pick. I went with a freak because you know, a freaky kind.
Speaker 3: Of got traits guy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Day three trade, Oh trank, God, I did not want to risk this guy to undrafted free agency. Final pick two hundred and eighteenth overall round seven, wide receiver out of Cincinnati one Jeff Caldwell. Please go look at his miserables, and that includes the fact that he runs a four to three one forty and that's just one thing that puts him in the ninety fifth or higher percentile. He's in the ninety fifth or higher in height broad jump vertical jump out forty yards. Look at that thing, man, it's like it's like a scene from Spider Man Brandon, like enter the Spider Verse. That's a web that I can get with. You understand this is much like Malie Benson. If you notice, both of the wide receivers I chose are burners who can take the top off of defense, but are also not as small, not small like a Cavante turpin. They have size, they have catch radius. Could they be better underneath, yes, but you have three guys who are excellent underneath who can shehad tackles who can make guys miss. What I need is somebody when they're on the field, if I say go, nobody can run with them. So Jeff Caldwell, Malik Benson, those are going to be the wide receiver. So Jeff Caldwell finishes out my draft. Cowboys finished on my mock draft with ten total picks, including two of the sixth They got a second round pick out of it. Double dip that linebacker with C. J. Allen and Anthony Hill junior year I blanked out and then of course my sword de laye, Welcome to Dallas at number twelve.
Speaker 3: Here you go, all right, great stuff from Patrick Nosey Walker. When we come back, we're gonna do a live mock draft in five minutes, real quick. Here on the draft or on talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Getting eighteen t's best deal on the Samsung Galaxy S twenty six Ultra made me realize I do deserve the best, like this bubble bath, fancy soap, and even his face mask.
Speaker 9: Learn how new and existing a Tenti customers can get the new sounds in Galaxy S twenty six Ultra with Galaxy AI for zero dollars with eligible trading Any condition requires trading of Galaxy S twenty four PLUSY for five or new or installment play and an eligible wireless plan minimum sixty dollars a month before discounts for eight and t value two point zero subject to change. Visit att dot com slash stance on for details.
Speaker 10: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors.
Speaker 4: Together, you're one of a kind.
Speaker 10: Fandom, paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet. Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 4: The wins will be even tasteier.
Speaker 3: It's a pepper thing, Cowboys Vans, We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating locations. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to power through those long days. So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way. Black Rifle Coffee America's Coffee.
Speaker 1: How's it going.
Speaker 2: You see that Cowboys game? Oh, I watched, I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent, You have some great talent, and they got some fight. Hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 3: Cowboys make a.
Speaker 8: New friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 4: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 8: Bank of America, the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Copyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys, Welcome back into Talking Cowboys. Lace up for the Dallas Cowboys Draft Day five K presented by Baylor, Scott and White Health, Saturday, April twenty fifth at the Star in Frisco run er walk with family and friends. Registration includes a shirt, a medal, and post race post race Draft Day Fun sign up now at Cowboys Run dot com. Likes Yeah, it's actually really fun. The Draft Day five K is an awesome tradition that they do here. They shut down all the roads, make parking exceptionally hard for those that are trying to get in the do draft coverage that day. It's really great. But we when you come and actually are able to participate, it is a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They do a good job all right. Time for a live mock draft, gentlemen, you ready for this? Remember I am now the decision maker. Ok you have to convince me, and I'm not gonna make it easy on you. I'm gonna bring up every possible point i can to disengage what you're trying to tell me. Okay, okay, all right. We're gonna start with the order that goes one through eleven. The Raiders take Fernanda Mendoza. The Jets take Rvel Reese, The Cardinals take David Bailey, the Titans take Jeremiah Love, the Giants take Caleb Downs, the Browns take Francis Malanoa. The Commanders take Sonny Styles. The Saints take Carnell Tate, the wide receiver. Chiefs stay put. They did not trade up to three, and they did not trade back to Dallas. Delanne is gone, Monsorta Laane Corner out of LSU. The Bengals at ten take Jordan Tyson, wide receiver out of Arizona State, who recently there's a little bit of smoke that Dallas could be interested in a wipeout scenario. Well, this is the ultimate wipeout scenario. He's gone. And then the Dolphins at eleven take Spencer Fano, the offensive tackle, out of Utah. So, just to recap Mendoza, Reese, Bailey, Love Downs, malanoa Styles, Tate, Delaane, Tyson Fano off the board for Dallas, Babe, you're going.
Speaker 6: With Ruben be I've said that since Draft coverag started on Dallas cowboy dot com. I like his name, No, I like the the player that you'd be getting for him. Obviously you need help at the edge position. We've talked about it at nauseum. The fact that Delane is off the board, to me, is a clear indication I would I was surprised. I would have been surprised if he had made it twelve before the news broke about his off the field things.
Speaker 4: The fact that he's there at twelve is exciting to me. I feel great. I'm energized. Give me Ruben Bain.
Speaker 1: Let me throw it.
Speaker 4: Let's say you, Jerry Kyle.
Speaker 3: Let me throw wrench into this real quickly. This is as Kyle now, Jerry, Okay, let's say they don't have a first round grade on Ruben Bang. Let's say they have let's say a second on it. Let's just just throw hypothetical out of there. Yeah, I'm not reporting anything. This is just hypothetical. Who would be in the mix outside of bang. If it's let's say all of their first round grades on defense are gone, right, they're wiped out defensively on defense or in their first round grades, right, who would be at the top of the second round for you?
Speaker 4: Bane would be one, Bane would be one. Absolutely, Patrick, feel free to.
Speaker 2: I'm also kind of letting you because I took most of the second segment with my monk.
Speaker 3: So y'all cook, that's fair.
Speaker 4: How highly do we think they feel about Rodriguez or Hill Junior?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 1: I have a question, run down, run down those names again.
Speaker 3: Mendoza, Reese, Bailey, Love Downs, malanoa Styles, Tate, Delaane, Tyson, Fano.
Speaker 1: Keldrick Foulk.
Speaker 2: Okay, if everythink he's in that Mexican if if because my first choice is Ruby Bain, I don't want to be clear. I'm right there with Josh's Ruben Bain. I'm running that card in I'm not thinking about it. I'm doing backflips while I'm on the way. They will not right now because I don't have one leg, But in my mind, I'm doing backflips.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But in Kyle's scenario of if, for whatever reason, the news that came out has the Cowboys on him as a first rounder. We've been baying, I meaning they have him as an early second rounder, and now we're on the clock at twelve.
Speaker 1: It's kill Drew fault.
Speaker 6: Okay, McCoy we said was not in the Cowboys perview because of the injury.
Speaker 3: Right, I would take him out of that equation here, I would put Colton Hood in the equation. I don't. I don't think I.
Speaker 4: Would feel more comfortable at twenty for Hood. Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not at twol.
Speaker 6: That's what That's why I'm asking. Do we know they're feeling on their Hill Junior Hill Junior?
Speaker 3: They're not high on Hill, I think I don't. I don't think Hill would be an option even at ninety two. What about Yeah, I really don't think they're high on.
Speaker 4: What about Rodriguez? Jacob Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: I think they're high on him. I don't know if they're twelve high. I'm seeing his face behind you on that screen two. It's kind of funny. The mustache, that mustaches, it's jarring.
Speaker 4: That's a premonition the yeah, maybe maybe so.
Speaker 3: I think he's their number two linebacker behind Styleles. I think it's Styles than Rodriguez and there there's a gap between. But I think he's their number two guy. So if they're at twenty and they get wiped out again, and we'll see what happens after we make this pick, I think he could be in play.
Speaker 4: Let me, I want to take the safe bet to me. It's Reuben Bain Kyle. The card is in for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm outside of Kyle, but he's got short arms.
Speaker 3: Now now I'm back to being Jared.
Speaker 4: I don't give a two man. Why that's what I would tell Jo.
Speaker 3: Okay, trust me, Okay, I want you to defend the short arms. Why does that not bother you? Look at them?
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean, look look at his production on the field in Miami. Come on, man, look at Okay.
Speaker 4: That that is all I did.
Speaker 3: Just watch tape in the production doesn't shows short arms. And you're okay with that.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, you feel the same, Patrick.
Speaker 2: I'm so not as concerned about the whole short arm things as most others because at the end of the day, I think that you know a whole.
Speaker 6: Size short arms a Tyrannosaurus Rex dude, and that's who you.
Speaker 2: Need back buddy and ruby, Bain overcomes any kind of shortcoming that might exist with his his arm length, with every other attribute that he has in his body. So yeah, no, I'm not if I were not to if I were to not go with Baine at twelve, which I would, it wouldn't because of the short arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's not gonna That's not a deal breaker for me for him.
Speaker 6: If anything, it might be a character thing. And I don't know how Shody feels about that.
Speaker 3: About the the car, Yeah, I mean, and I don't think they're worried about it.
Speaker 2: If they're not worried about it, and I think it's proven to be a one off other issues off the field.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought it up just because it will be a conversation. It will, don't I don't think that.
Speaker 6: Might be an analyst ESPN and NFL network conversation they've had, they've known about it, the case Bot missed.
Speaker 3: It's I think we're good, give me right, I'm going to go with you and I And it's also based on my knowledge as Kyle, because I'm playing two different roles.
Speaker 1: I've got inside knowledge.
Speaker 3: I think they would consider ban I know there's been some smoke where ah, you know, we may not have Baine on our board at twelve. I think they still would. So I would take Rubens Bays in this scenario where you get wiped out. If there are any of those five names above him, any of the five names where it's Delayne Styles, Downs, Bailey, Reese, any of those guys fall, they're the pick at twelve. Yeah, any of those five. I think Bain is the second, the sixth option, and I think he's the secondary tier of guys, but he's at the top of the second tier, and that's where I think. So they are going to stick in back. They're gonna take Ruben Bain. All right, Now, we're going to fast forward a little bit here. The mkay Lemon goes to the Rams, Dylan Thieneman goes to the Ravens, who I think would very much so be in play at twenty if he were to fall. Another Oregon player, Kenyon Sadiq, goes fifteen to the to the Buccaneers. The Jets take Monroe Freeling your Dog at pick number eighteen. Then uh vega Ione goes to the Lions at seventeen. Emmanuel McNeil Warren goes eighteen to the Vikings and then Omar Cooper goes to the Panthers wide receiver out of Indiana. Take your pick, buddy, you got a lot of options.
Speaker 4: You've got a lot of options, a lot of options.
Speaker 3: Here's here's some of the names that are still on the board. I Colton Hood, C J. Allen, a keem Mesidor, Keldric falk Avion, Terrell cash Is, Halkaden Proctor, T J. Parker, who I know they are very high on. I'm looking at some of the other possibilities here. Brandon sees who they like a lot. Jake Rodriguez is on there.
Speaker 4: CJ. Allen is on there.
Speaker 9: C J.
Speaker 3: Allen is on there.
Speaker 4: Done.
Speaker 3: I don't think they feel as highly Remember I just said Rodriguez is their second life.
Speaker 4: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: I I kind of feel you. He's coming off of a knee and maybe there's a red shirt element there. He's I think he'll be fine, He's fine. I agree.
Speaker 4: How would I say it?
Speaker 9: Go?
Speaker 4: Dogs?
Speaker 3: Wow? Uh okay, So out of those choices, who do you feel confident in. Let's take c. J. Allen out just because I'm pretty confident he's not at that point on their board, that's fair, Kyle. I guess Rodriguez, Okay, he would be higher or he would be he would be up there in the conversation. I think they would take colton Hood here. You take, you take, Yeah, you take Ruben Bain, You get your edge Rusher at twelve. I bet the Bobby Belt walking by the studio. I bet you that colton Hood is in conversation there, clean body, clean bill of health.
Speaker 4: Where are your linebackers, Kyle? Are they coming after the draft?
Speaker 3: They're coming after the draft.
Speaker 4: That's as the George Pickings situation. You get your guy afterwards.
Speaker 3: Or maybe one of those guys falls. I know they like Rodriguez. We talked about Anthony Hill Junior talked about or we haven't talked about it on this show. But Joe sayah Trotter, I think is in play. There are some guys there that they like c J. Allen if he falls, maybe because of the medical but not your main Green Dot guy not right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, my pick is c J. Allen.
Speaker 2: But with Kyle's hypothetical, I go colton Hood in that hypothetical. Being in that hypothetical. What I don't like is the same thing Josh just said I love that you got your edge, but who's your linebacker?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it'll come in that right.
Speaker 2: And and in this scenario, you're at twelve, you've picked at twelve, you're about to pick at twenty, which means you're sticking at twenty, which means you don't have a second round pick, which means you're not going to pick it get into the third one two.
Speaker 1: You're not getting your first linebacker off the board into your third round.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. I don't like those words.
Speaker 3: I don't like that, like you're going to cover two bases, that third one is gonna be left wide open no matter how you spend those words.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I liked how I spun it in the mock draft that's on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. I rout out of twenty one to twenty eight, got me a second round pick. Double diptad line. Appreciate you guys.
Speaker 3: We'll be back next week to talk about what do they end up doing on Thursday through Saturday in the twenty twenty six NFL Draft for Josh Rodriguez, for Patrick Nancy Walker, for Paul Bastidas in the back of Kyle you have. It's saying, so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you next week. This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.