Speaker 1: This one strategy beat ninety nine percent of Wall Street investors, institutions, and hedge funds, not just in one.
Speaker 2: Year, but over the last five.
Speaker 1: It's now being rapidly adopted by massive public companies to turn themselves around and outperform the rest of the market. And no, it wasn't cooked up in some Wall Street boardroom. It's been hiding in plain sight this whole time. Now, while the so called smartest money managers were busy diversifying and hedging and fee charging their way to mediocrity, this one strategy helped companies obliterate their returns, and now the rest of Wall Street is scrambling to copy it. Companies on the brink of collapse are suddenly thriving because they made this one move. But here's here's the twist. You don't need to be a billionaire a CEO to run a fund to use it. You can start using this strategy right now today, no real quick.
Speaker 2: I'm Mark Moss.
Speaker 1: I'm built and exited multiple tech companies, invested through boom and bus cycles, and today I'm a partner at a leading bitcoin venture capital fund, an advisor to multiple public tech companies. I write the quantum Wave Investment Report where I help investors stay ahead of the biggest shifts in tech and money, and I make these videos to share these strategies that we're using so you can profit as the rest of the world is trying to catch up. Now, in this video, I'm going to show you exactly what the strategy is, how it saved companies like micro Strategy and now Game Stop, and how you can apply it to your own portfolio to beat the market and even the pros without ever handing your money to Wall Street again.
Speaker 2: So let's go all right, So we're jumping right in and we're going to show you how.
Speaker 1: To obliterate Wall Street's returns so you never have to give Wall Street your money again, and you can outperform them with just.
Speaker 2: A very few simple moves.
Speaker 1: But before we do that, why would you never want to give Wall Street your money again? Well, that's Wall Street's dirty little secret, and the secret is that they don't really make you any money when you think about the long term perspective and not beating the rate of what the government tells us inflation is but a real rate of debasement about ten to twelve percent. So if we look at this we can see the average hedge fund. These are the guys making the big money. The average hedge fund on Wall Street doesn't make as much money as you think they do. We can see the net returns for hedge funds have decreased from eighteen percent per year.
Speaker 2: Eighteen percent is not bad.
Speaker 1: That is more than the ten to twelve percent of monetary debasement we've been seeing. Eighteen percent not bad. However, they decreased from that in the nineties to eight percent during this last decade. So over the last decade, we're not looking at our returns in a month or even a year, Let's look at multiple years in the last decade.
Speaker 2: We're talking eight percent.
Speaker 1: Now, that's a problem, especially when you think about the fees that are charged, the taxes that are charged, and if we look at it comparative to other options that you have, like, for example, the S and P five hundred you could just buy the index. You can see that the Barclay's Hedge Fund index right here shows minimal returns compared to the returns you could have just for buying the S and P five hundred index.
Speaker 2: Now, of course there's ways to beat that.
Speaker 1: But for right now, just for comparison's sake, Wall Street, their institutions, their four oh one k's, their mutual funds, they're hedge funds. They're all looking like this. That's the dirty little secret. Now on top of that, your advisor for your mutual fund, your four O one k whatever, or your financial advisory're telling you to diversify, diversified, diversify, or what I call diversify. And when we look at this, part of the reason why is because we've have this passive investing that's sort of taken over Wall Street. What is passive investing? That means that you know, every two weeks to get your paycheck, a little bit codes out and goes into your mutual, mutual fund, your four A one K account, and that is passively being invested. And what happens is it invests through the index like the S and P five hundred index of the Nasdaq index, and it.
Speaker 2: Goes to the companies in that index.
Speaker 1: But the problem is that we have the mag seven, the top seven stocks, and you can see their performance has gone up while the of the S and P five hundred has stayed about flat. This chart is for about the first half of last year, and we can see if you take out the MAG seven, you're about one point two five percent, but the MAG seven did thirty five percent. And so when you look at that and you understand what's going on, and then, like I said, you add in the fees that they charge you, and then you add in the taxes that you're going to have to pay, the returns don't look so good. But this is also why if you're a publicly traded company and not in the MAG seven, it's very difficult to grow because the passive funds are driving the MAG seven up because of the waiting in the index, and all the other public companies are falling behind. So let's take a look at couple of the public companies what they're doing to get ahead, and then we'll figure out how you and I can also.
Speaker 2: Use this to get ahead. Okay, so we'll.
Speaker 1: Talk about Micro Strategy, a company that of course you know about by now.
Speaker 2: I talk about it.
Speaker 1: Quite often, and they change the game. As a matter of fact, what we're saying is they found the cheat code. The cheat code too, how do we beat Wall Street in a game that's fixed because of the passive investing in the way the mag Stevens work, and so we basically the story of micro Strategy is it was an old stagnant company. When I say is old stagnant, they're a software company. They weren't growing. They're competing against the likes of Microsoft, and so it's very difficult to grow in that market. And so they had a good customer base, they had good cash loads, but they weren't growing. But they had about five hundred million dollars of cash. Remember that when we talk about why that's important.
Speaker 2: So we had a big stockpile of cash.
Speaker 1: Micro Sailor, the CEO of micro Strategy, thought, shoot, what are we going to do? We could reinvest it to try to grow the company more, but that's probably not going to work because of our competition. As long as we hold it in dollars, it's losing value.
Speaker 2: So where should we put it.
Speaker 1: All the options that we have grow the company, buy bonds, treasuries, et cetera. And he decided to pivot and said, we looked at bitcoin and we think adopting a bitcoin strategy will be the way for us to have a cheat code and win over Wall Street.
Speaker 2: A small business.
Speaker 1: Owner, are you varied in all types of work keeping you from the real thing that makes you money. Well, that's where just Works comes in. They're the all in one platform that supports small business growth.
Speaker 2: You can get all.
Speaker 1: Their tools that help with benefits like payroll and HR and compliance with transparent pricing. Now they help you hire top talent internationally, internew markets, quickly scale international operations without the workload and forevery how do I do it?
Speaker 2: Question?
Speaker 1: You can reach out to their expert staff from sole proprietor or a team of twenty. Just Works empowers all kinds of small businesses with real human support. So visit justworks dot com slash podcast to join the thousands of small businesses that trust just Works to take care of payroll, benefits, compliance and more. Again, that's justworks dot com slash podcasts. They did, they pivoted and since that time, since that time, that was in twenty twenty, Michael Saylor and micro Strategy announced that they have now hold now over five hundred thousand Bitcoin that they bought with cash they bought through raising debt instruments. I've broken this down before and not gonna go deep into that. The recent five hundred and eighty four million dollars of purchases and so now they have over five hundred thousand bitcoin. Now, micro Strategy has now changed its name to Strategy, and we're gonna talk more about.
Speaker 2: That in a second.
Speaker 1: But we can see here since they adopted this cheat code, this bitcoin strategy in twenty twenty, you can see their performance is up two three hundred and fifty nine percent compared to in Vidia. Everyone's Darling is only up nine hundred and fifty percent. Not only it's massive nine hundred fety percent. Bitcoin by itself amazing six hundred and twenty three percent. So Nvidia has out outpaced Bitcoin, but Michael Saylor, Mike Strategies outpiece pays that Tesla one hundred and sixty three percent, Meta, Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Gold. So you can see over this period since they've adopted the strategy, the cheat code strategy, they've outperformed everything else. And so now as I said, they have changed their name from micro Strategy to Strategy, we can see that Michael Saylor's two hundred trillion dollar bitcoin strategy is now working with the government.
Speaker 2: We've done videos on that.
Speaker 1: If you want more videos breaking down the US government and how they're using bitcoin to leave me a common down below. But The important part that we're going to talk about in this video is the strategy because other people are adopting it and we can too. But basically, now they have the strategy and they're showing the strategy to other corporations, to the government. Michael Saylor's in DC meet with the government, but also corporations. As a matter of fact, they have a big meeting coming up strategy for corporations, where they're showing them how to do the same thing, how they can abliterate Wall Street, how they can obliterate the returns of any other publicly traded company. Okay, now, since they've done that, of course, in a competitive landscape, it's no surprise that other companies want to do the same thing. That's what's happening is what we call game theory, right, is if other people get in ahead to do the same things to beat them and so adopting the game game theory pun intended. We have the next company called game Stop. Now you've probably heard about game Stop stock GM. It's kind of like a meme stock. It was Roaring Kitty doing the trades against them. We saw it go up in those Reddit chat rooms and so forth, and game Stop basically has a dying business similar to what micro Strategy was. The business isn't really doing good. The stock is pumped because of the you know, meme stock and what was happening in the message boards and whatnot, but it's sort of a dying retail business. It's a brick and mortar business. It's going away, but they have a lot of cash. Remember that, we're going to come back to that. So, just like micro Strategy, sort of a stalled out, failing business but a big stock pile of cash.
Speaker 2: So did what should they do?
Speaker 1: Well, we need to protect the amount of cash that we have and think of a way to get our stock to grow again.
Speaker 2: Even though our business is sort of dying.
Speaker 1: We don't want to reinvest into a dying business like brick and mortar retail. And so enter the latest game theory adoption from the company called game Stop. They're raising one point three billion dollars via convertible debt to what to buy bitcoin. That is the strategy. That's the strategy. Certainly, take some of that cash and buy bitcoin. Micro Strategy did that, But then the next levels are, how do we lever a debt to buy even more? And so that's exactly what they announced, one point three billion dollars for bitcoin. Now, lots and lots of news around this. Some people are saying, well, shoot as much cash as they have, they could send the game Stop stock up to one hundred dollars and they could turn this into a thirteen billion dollar hedge fund. Because they have so much cash, they're dwarfing where micro strategy was, and so they could take the strategy.
Speaker 2: In and multiply way way faster if they did that.
Speaker 1: Now, at the time of this recording, game stock went up and then the stock came back down. But again, don't look at your portfolio in days or weeks or months, think a little bit longer term. What this means Now, why was game Stop an ideal fit for this to do this? And how would other people like you and I think about the strategy moving forward? Well, number one, they were a natural fit because they had this unique capital structure, right, which basically meant their investor base and their operational profile sort of allowed them. What do I mean by that, Well, Number one, they're capital structure is that they had high liquidity. Again, they were sitting on a large amount of cash, a melting ice cube. Four point seven eight billion dollars of cash that was losing value every single day. They had that in cash and cash equivalents. Okay, so their balance sheet was like, what do we do with this money? How do we retain them? But then also they had this resilient investor base. You see, you have to get the investors, the equity owners to go along with this. Now, a lot of companies they're old, nostodgy, they're sort of in their main business.
Speaker 2: They don't want to go into something like bitcoin.
Speaker 1: But with game Stop, most of these people are already know it's a failing business. They're already in games, they're already knowing that it's a meme stock, and they're just kind of like whatver, So they go along with it. Right, they've already demonstrated long term conviction and willingness to support unorthodox but calculated strategies. That's how they've got their stock back up now. Also because of game stops embrace of this decentralized technology, it aligns with their identity as this outlier. Right, they're not like the rest of Wall Street. They're different. So adopting bitcoin sort of fits into that. Now, this worked for game Stop It doesn't mean that it's a fit for every single public company. These are the reasons why I worked for game Stop.
Speaker 2: All right. Now, the stock did pop, but like I said, way back down.
Speaker 1: But really, if we think about it, back to micro strategy, back to game Stop, they did it to survive. They were stalled out or failing businesses with large amounts of cash, and what do we do to stay alive?
Speaker 2: Well, let's buy bitcoin.
Speaker 1: Now, think about that in your own portfolio. And how are your own assets going, your own investments going towards your ultimate goal of retirement one day? Are you barely making it like GameStop and micro strategy and do you need to do something to adopt the new strategy to get ahead? Okay, now, because of that, because of the President's been said, because of micro strategy or now strategy outpacing everybody else, the game theory says, more people want to do it. But even more than that, we can expect more companies to do this because the.
Speaker 2: Government changed a rule. Now we've been.
Speaker 1: Talking about this for a while, talked about multiple times, and this is an accounting rule and that it gave new clarity. All right, So this is the way that they can hold it. This happened just in late twenty twenty four, So this just happened last quarter. And now we're you know, these are big corporations. It takes time, but we're now starting to see them wanting to use these new rule changes to move into something like this. Now, what is this rule change we're talking about Again, I've covered it before, but we're talking about under old we'll be called legacy accounting standards. We call it GAP GAAP generally accepted accounting principles under that they couldn't do this. But this barrier was moved in twenty twenty four and it's the FSAB Financial Accounting Standards.
Speaker 2: Board approved new rules.
Speaker 1: That now allows companies public companies to measure bitcoin at fair market value. Because now they can measure at fair market value, it allows them to benefit from the profits or the losses on that. So now companies can reflect both unrealized gains and unrealized losses in their earnings. They can report bitcoin more transparently in their financial statements. So now they can reap the benefits of actually doing this. Before they couldn't, so why take the risk, But now they can reap the benefits.
Speaker 2: We'll see more companies doing this.
Speaker 1: This brings bitcoin into compliance, which public companies need to be in compliance because of all the SEC regulations there, but for responsible treasury management. Okay, so this is a big rule, and this is why we've already seen more companies doing this and why we're going to continue to see this trend change all right, Now, this isn't just corporations.
Speaker 2: This is for you and I.
Speaker 1: If again, our portfolios have stalled out, if we're not getting to our goals, if we look like a micro strategy, or we look like a game stop, we might want to adopt the cheat.
Speaker 2: Code as well.
Speaker 1: So what would we do well, kind of the same thing.
Speaker 2: What's our treasury?
Speaker 1: How much assets do we have and are they performing and keeping up with the rate of monetaried basement? And just like Michael Saylor did, what other options do we have for those assets?
Speaker 2: And how should we think about restructuring? Though?
Speaker 1: So number one, we should certainly be buying and holding bitcoin long term again, not on a weekly or monthly basis, think over multiple years like micro strategy does. So we want to be buying and holding that long term. Now, like all of your arguments are gone now, right, it's already faster and cheaper and more private than any other cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be illegal. US government adopted it. You have the smartest guys in the world using it.
Speaker 1: Like the excuses are sort of gone at this point. Now, if we really want to get smart like a micro strategy or like a game, stop and use the strategy, then we want to think about the asset and how do we add velocity. You see, most people don't have a money problem, they have a speed problem. So for example, over the next twenty years, you might make a million dollars, well, twenty million or a million dollars or twenty years isn't that much money. But what if you made twenty What if you made a million in five years, What if you made a million in one year, What if you made a million in one month? And that's the velocity thing. So how do we add velocity? Well, just like micro strategy, just like GameStop is doing by adding debts. So for example, we can borrow against our bitcoin, which is now tax free liquidity, and we can use that tax free liquidity for other things to make more money. One, we could leverage it back into bitcoins, we could lever up our bitcoin account. Number one, we could use it to invest into real estate or other types of yield assets. So I have bitcoin that's you know, warm buffer called a non productive asset, but I could put it into a productive asset that yields cash flow. Number two, I could sell options against it. I could roll options covered car to produce income for me.
Speaker 2: That way, I could use it to put into a tax advantaged structure. So for example, I.
Speaker 1: Could borrow against a tax free and then I could buy tax rideoffs put that into real estate or other capital equipment that now gets me write offs, so I don't have to pay taxes on the other income that I make. And so this is how we add it up. Now, each one of these probably needs its own strategy. If we're going to break these down into individual videos, leave me a comment down below which one you want me to break down, and we'll put that in another video.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, the key here.
Speaker 1: Is that we have to start thinking about ourselves like a company, like a corporation, like a fund. Now, in the old days, Wilster was too complex. You know, there's millions of different stock options to choose from, and you know, radialius is I have to invest in fifteen different things and I just I'll just give my money to somebody else to manage for me. But the key is today is we don't need all that complexity. Today you can become your own fund. We can be Wall Street. We can beat all the institutions, We can beat all the hedge funds by making one or two or three very simple moves. Now we can have sovereign wealth. We can control this on our own, not getting taxed and feed from Wall Street.
Speaker 2: We can have it on our own, and.
Speaker 1: That's much greater than having someone else manage our wealth.
Speaker 2: We can keep total control.
Speaker 1: Instead of dealing with the complexity of what Wall Street does, and we can have real returns where we're actually beating both inflation and the rate of monetary debasement and every other asset out there. As a put to just dealing with the Wall Street reputation. Really, today you don't need to hand your money to Wall Street because you can be the fund now using the strategy. It's so simple, anyone can do it. Let me know what you think about this. Leave me a comment down below if you want to know more about why bitcoin right now and the other assets that are beating it. You might want to watch this video right here.
Speaker 2: And that's what I got, all right to your success. I'm out.