Speaker 1: This is the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and GOLDNR Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. I am Dale Lollly, he is Matt Williamson and Matt We are kicking off our number two here. Someth means it's mock draft time. Lock it up. We're using the NFL Mock Draft database dot com for today's mock draft and the first nineteen picture in. We have three trade offers, all right. Forty nine ers want to give us sixty three ninety four in next year's first round pick. Yeah, you can do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we'll be going about that four hundred times a day.
Speaker 2: The Patriots, that's a ridiculous street. They want to give us a twenty twenty five second round draft pick and a fourth rounder this year for twenty Get out of here with the uh. The Washington Commanders want to give us the thirty six seventy eight next year's four five and or next year's four and two sixes. That's a lot of spare change. Yeah, for the twenty. I'm gonna reject that, and we probably would have done that anyways, because on the board on the here we.
Speaker 3: Go, Okay, Terry and Arnold, he'd be very useful. I don't never drafted him at twenties because he's never available. He's never available, but he's played a lot of slot at Alabama two. He's tough near the line of scrimmage. He's you know, like kool Aid to me, would be fighting for an outside spot. Jackson where Arnold to play a lot and probably past Jackson maybe as soon as you know week two or three, you know he's appealing.
Speaker 2: FASHERU available.
Speaker 3: Who to take between those two? Be tough, that's a tough decision.
Speaker 2: But we don't have to make that decision because listen to who else shows Talisi fi.
Speaker 3: Waga nice Okay, Uh too late to Troy Fatanu, Okay, Arius.
Speaker 2: Mims, kool Aid, Mckinsry, Donny, Mitchell, Grahmbard. I get to see. I can see now who went who went so off the board? Uh, this is ridiculous because they got JJ McCarthy going first. That's the order.
Speaker 4: Doesn't mean McCarthy, Williams, Daniels, Neighbors, Mitchell Dallas, Turner, Brian Thomas, Drake May, Marvin Harrison at ten, Brian Thomas goes ahead of Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, all that matters is the names for us. But Cooper, Dejen, Nate Wiggins, Latham, Verse Bowers, Byron Murphy, Darius Robinson, Jerson Newton.
Speaker 3: Joe Alt, Joel at nineteen, well yeah, fair enough, But those guys those nineties are super crazy, right, Like, I could definitely see Wiggins being gone. He often isn't. I think Bowers will be gone. And what really happened here was there was a run on defensive tackles, which more and more what you here and it's lying season, YadA, YadA, is the league is now paying defensive tackles and they're hard to find. Rarely does a Wilkins get on the free agent market. You can go get one. So I could see two or three, and I'm concluding Robinson as a d tackle you know, could be gone before the Steelers pick. Then you're looking at a situation where you have two or three.
Speaker 2: Super exciting. So which one do you like better?
Speaker 3: It's very very close, but I prefer Fortana. It's very close. I mean they're right next to each other.
Speaker 2: To me, is the highest rated guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's nice that he is a right tackle. Yeah, and he's going to be the right tackle.
Speaker 2: I don't have to project that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have to flim flame around with it. Both of them. I mean, in the most negative light, both of them might be guards. I mean, like if they don't hit, it's because they can't play tackle. They play guard because of physical limitations. Arm length are one height for the end. I think both are tackles. I mean, but it's real easy in April to say, oh, everyone's gonna make it in the NFL. Well most don't, you know what I mean? But I think there's a fallback plan for both. If you feel strong about one of the other, I am absolutely fine with it. I think Filuaga well and for Waga is the best probably zone blocking tackle in in the league. But Fatan, who's probably second. I mean he's even the more athletic.
Speaker 2: But it's super nasty there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, they can run, they get downfield, flip a coin if you want.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's let's trade back in twenty one. We never have that that option. Yeah, yeah, and we didn't.
Speaker 3: Have any trade offers that that may not go to go to twenty one or twenty two. I'd listen, but that's not gonna happen, you know, right.
Speaker 2: Well, they have Filaga rated higher than Fatanu here.
Speaker 3: Not my much, but yeah, whatever, Yeah, I mean pick either one. I'm thrilled, let's sake, Okay, get.
Speaker 2: An A plus for that, no kidding? All right, So we're cruising down here to our second round. We'll be consider now trading up.
Speaker 3: Trading ups will be tough thing to convince me on with two receivers, a center, a corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all yet need it? Let it keep going here?
Speaker 3: I mean certainly if I mean the first nineteen picks were kind of goofy. If a crazy name was out there, I would trade up for But.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the forty nine ers on the phone again, they're off for seeing it's almost They want to give us ninety four, next year's two, and next year's five for fifty one. No, reject the Cardinals to do that with a terrible team. Yeah, the Cardinals want to give us seventy one, ninety six, next year's two, and next year's five for fifty one.
Speaker 3: I mean I would consider countering it, yeah, and try to get a bunch of Day two picks.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have no interest in moving back twenty plus.
Speaker 3: Here far away, right, I need a lot of stuff in the third round.
Speaker 2: And wash didn't wants to give us sixty seven, next year's three and next year's five for fifty one? Too many next year pitch, Yeah, I know it's okay. Uh, Minnesota wants to give us one O eight two thirty No, thank you, no, no. And oh and this one is interesting, Okay. The Eagles they pick right behind us. They want to give us fifty three, one seventy one, one seventy two and next year's fifth rounder. Sure for fifty.
Speaker 3: One me unless there's someone that's unbelievably good out there on we moved back towo spots.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get Well, we can't counter there's no way to counter that. We have to accept it. Or all right, we'll accept it. I'll take it. Yeah, they came up to get I'm not interested in trading again here now. They came up to get Keon Coleman understandable. Yeah, so we would have considered him. Yeah, still on the board, Ricky Piersaw. No, I like Pearsaw better than Coleman. Xavier Leget. That's a tough commerce. That's a tough conversation. I like Pearsaw better but really close, Drank Cooper, Peyton Wilson, Jatavian Sanders, Jonathan Brooks, Chris Jenkins, Marshaw Neeland, Javon Bullard, Trey Benson, Junior Colson, Jalen Polk. I think it's I think it's one of those two receivers. Then my question is, since we now picked up those two fifth round draft picks, i'd be loving the trade up. Now we're going to try to move up to get something.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, center corner, another receiver, Yeah, Jenkins if he falls ten more spots, you know, any of those guys, Yeah, Pearsaw or Lagette, Pearsall Okay, I'm really falling in love with him. His separator and he's got the size, yeah, downfield speed.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna pause here. We are at pick because Andrew Phillips just went thanks. We're pick uh sixty eight, so we still have sixteen more picks to go. Here. The cornerbacks still available, they've getting picked through. Uh. You're looking at Kyrie Jackson, Cam Heart, DJ, James Bernardo Green, Jarvis Brownlee, Kaylon Carson, ne m Mike Pritchett.
Speaker 3: All right, we don't talk about DJ James much and I don't. I'm not trading up for him here. Yeah, but they asked him to like play man on Neighbors, like play man on Burton, like in the SEC. He always got the number one on the opponenting he had some rough matchups, he certainly did, all right. None of those corners to me are worth trading up for. But I consider him in a few picks.
Speaker 2: Let's see here what defensive lineman? Why is it not? Let me take a look at the defensive lineman.
Speaker 3: Here, Ruke Smith, Jenkins. Those guys would be attractive.
Speaker 2: Massan Smith is still there be attractive Leonard Taylor, McKay, Wingo, Dwayne Carter, McKinley, Jackson, Tyler Davis. So if we want an end, it's now or never. It's kind of now. Are never with that? Do we want to move up to get him?
Speaker 3: If it just costs us something. We got extra from the Eagles and we got the guy we probably would have taken with our second round or anyway.
Speaker 2: And Pierce new England's up here. So let me see if I can call the new get New engand get on the phone. Here, let's try to sneak a future pick from them if we can, so we would offer eighty four one seventy one.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't need that it, don't we have like one seventy one and one seventy two or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that can go in one ninety five for sixty eight. They're saying that's not enough. Okay, one seventy one and eighty four still saying oh, they're saying not enough on our end of that to get that done. We can't get up that far. No, all right, one seventh. I'm not that sold that we need mat Massan Smith I hear you know. Yeah, it's not gonna let that happen. Okay, all right, so we let mean.
Speaker 3: It's really hard to do on the radio with this. Yeah, but frankly I'd be more interested in trade up one of those fifths to get into the third, you know, like something round stuff let alone, not really necessarily round with.
Speaker 2: We're within twelve picks now, okay, let's see if we can milk it a little bit more here. Okay. Now we're pick seventy six, okay, and he is still there.
Speaker 3: Okay, do we even know he's the best available for our taste? He's better in the corners.
Speaker 2: He's better than better in the corners. He's better than yeah, any centers.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure Fraser is gone and it's it's early for the project guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, he's he's clearly would be the pick. He's clearly a pick. Let's let it run again here. He just went, yeah, okay, we just missed him. All right. You have a lot of offers on this one. Yeah, we have five different offers and turn them all down backwards. Uh, Cooper, b b There, Dominic Pooney, Cedric van Pranz, Xender bo Lemmer, Mason McCormick. That's the interior guys, best best available player overall, Patrick Paul Benis, Cooper Beebe, Blake Corham, Jayden Hicks, Cole Bishop, Spencer Ratler, devontees Walker, Kaylen Bullock, Jayalen McMillan, Cameron Kinchi.
Speaker 3: Like Rattler, more and more. But I still think this is not the year for that. Yeah, we can't do that, especially after this. Yeah, a lot of those interior guys, Poney, Bebe, even Haynes.
Speaker 2: I'm more interested in getting a cornerback here than I am right now because there's so many of those interior guys there are a lot. There's five or six you listed that would all do the trap. We have another pick coming up here in fourteen picks. Who are the corners? Uh, you're looking at Kyrie Jackson, Cam Hart, Ronardo Green, Jarvis Browne, Kayln Carson near my Pritchett top guys available.
Speaker 3: Well on the outside dudes, But I don't know, taking outside guys the worst idea.
Speaker 2: In the world. Yeah, I mean Brownlee could do both inside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Carson, but I think yeah, Green hasn't, but I think he can.
Speaker 2: And Kyrie Jackson and Cam Hard are not. They don't fit that. They're the six to three guys. Jerry and Jones is still there as well. We could could pass on that. But you know when you start looking at the interior offensive line and then it's BB Pooney, Cedric van Pranz, Zach Zentner, Bo Limmer, Mason McCormick.
Speaker 3: Three of them would be projects at center. You know, projections. Yeah, you know, some people think Poony can, some people think BB can. He has unusually short arms.
Speaker 2: Is there a linebacker there? Trotter is there, Cedric Gray is there, Trayvon Wallace is there. But another receiver, another receiver if you're looking at devontees Walker, Jayleen McMillan, j Jermaine Burton, Malik Washington. That would give you two peer sow can play outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine with that. I mean, I think that's the best guy we've mentioned. H Burton is clean off field. I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Speaker 2: I think Malik Washingtons could be a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan. Yeah, all right, Yeah, let's do it. We've got a D plus on that one. But I don't care about that. So centers and corners were still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta get to hit that hard, so I'm not interested in trading. We do have a couple extra picks there still.
Speaker 3: Uh, that kind of allows us to take two receivers. Yeah, we could take two corners too, we could do both, yeah, or corner safety.
Speaker 2: You know, top corners available, Ernardo Green, Jarvis Brownlee, Kayln Carson, The and My Pritchett, Jerry and Jones, Elijah Jones, Jalen Simpson, Charles Smith.
Speaker 3: Wade, Plenty of those I'd be happy with. Yeah, what about the interior line? Probably pretty similar.
Speaker 2: But it hasn't really been touched.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, you have a favorite corner of that group, Boston College Jones, Florida State Jones, Brownlee.
Speaker 2: Those two Florida State corners are nasty. I like the way they play. They play. I mean, they come up and hit, they play man defense. They're they're good and run.
Speaker 3: Over their d bat coach is doing a good jo, do a really good job. If you're gonna project Green. I think Green probably has a slightly higher grade across the league. Taller, but Jones, you know what he is. Yeah, either of those is fine with me. I like the Florida State guys a lot.
Speaker 2: We have been taking Green. Let's take Green. We've been taking them. He's you have to learn from slot, but he has my mentality. We might take another one later too.
Speaker 3: Might I could definitely see a safety that's slought capable be this pick even.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could take Jones right here. We could our teammates. We're back up here. We're not interested in trading down, all right. So the top players available, this is interesting, caged over, Blake Fisher, Theo Johnson, Braylen Allen, Cedric van Prin, Roger Rosengarten, Oh Wow, Marshall, Lloyd rodri Caste, Mohammed Kamara, Ray Davis, Marquees, Irving Jarvis Brownlee. Those two tackles are really attractive. But Tykee Smith is there, Javon Foster is still there, Jared Wiley, Mason McCormick is still there. I think he can just take the center. I think we're the center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those tackles I don't think will last that long, but they don't do us much good.
Speaker 2: Van Pran, McCormick, Bordolini or Nors. McCormick's my favorite. All right, McCormick is the pick.
Speaker 3: So one of you lovely people on Twitter were kind enough to it must be a Jack Rabbit fan because they wrote to me but been at the both of us saying McCormick did tons of snapping and a lot of center stuff for the team, and the jack Rabbits think he would be a center. But we're gonna hear about their center next year. They've got like a Rimington Award type guy. So okay, okay, that adds up to me. Thanks for that.
Speaker 2: By the way, By the way, we didn't we didn't make any of our trades here. We left that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in the real world is much easier. Yeah, okay. So top player available near Maya Pritchett.
Speaker 3: That wouldn't be bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jared Wiley is still there, Jerry and Jones still there. We could take them. I like that idea.
Speaker 3: Luke McCaffrey also still there. Yeah, if we didn't think watch four more picks left. I think you take one. I think Jones.
Speaker 2: I think you take Jerry and Jones. Yeah, and we were torn.
Speaker 3: Instant roommates. Instant roommates. Hopefully don't kill each other trying to make the fame. But you know, all right, now we're back up here again. I didn't even consider a safety. Still, we did not go D line yet.
Speaker 2: Brandon Coleman is still there. Oh wow. Hanter Norza's still there, looking at the offensive tackles. Walter Rouse still there, Kayden Wallace, he's injured. Kate and Wallace from Penn State's interest.
Speaker 3: He can play. Yeah, I mean he had, He's a ton of experience, right tackle probably never go into an old you know, you're never going to be a Pro Bowl type guy, but I bet he sticks. Yeah, I would roll the dice on the TCU kid before that.
Speaker 2: Though, your boy alofa show is there?
Speaker 3: Interesting? I mean our special teams conversation.
Speaker 2: As is Jalen Ford, Tyrone Hopper, Curtis Jacobs, and Meris Leofu. So I feel like it's some Jordan McGee there as well. I mean there's just a loaded Yeah.
Speaker 3: At some point in this draft, we should probably grab one of those dudes as the special team demon.
Speaker 2: Maybe linebacker. On the edge, You've got Nelson Caesar, Cedric Johnson, Brandon Jackson, Jlex Hunt is there. Ah, but he'd be good on teams too. Yeah, you won't take it on that do that? Yeah, I'm in on. I could use another edge.
Speaker 3: He's from Houston Christian folks and he is an extreme tester.
Speaker 2: He uh he went to uh ivy League school before that. Yeah, I forget which one. He's smart. Yeah. Yeah. Anyways, see here we're rejecting any trade offers. Let's see what's best available. Jacob Cowing, se Ony Vaki is there, Jalen Simpson is there, Dylan Lobb you I can't pronounce that, and you'll show focio. I should say which one is that? The Washington kids, the Washington linebacker? Yeah, a Nia Smith is there. We get tube receivers. I'd be all over in Nia Smith, but he's got off the field so he's got off the field. You want to think you're inside backer.
Speaker 3: That's so I was leaning towards why not high character upside? Yeah, good tester, And now you don't have a d lineman at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'd be passed on all that.
Speaker 3: Which I bet if we were more able to be more proactive trading up, we probably wouldn't.
Speaker 2: We probably would have ended up with a defensive lineman. But let me just see it. Well, Gabe Paul is still there, Jordan Jefferson, Miles Murphy, we canna throw a Gabell in the game, be fine, perfect. That gives us a pretty good haul there, Matt, a lot of names. Not all of these guys are probably gonna make the team. But what happens? Talasi Fluaga in round one, and we got Ricky Piersall at fifty three after we moved down two spots.
Speaker 3: You'd take those two today, right, yeah? I mean like trade yeah, I would do.
Speaker 2: Uh. Then we got Malik Washington at eighty four, doubling down at the rod receiver position because he was the best available. Ronardo Green at ninety eight, Mason McCormick at one nineteen. We picked up that one seventy one and one seventy two picks, and so we took Jerry and Jones, another four Florida state corner, Jylex Hunt, the edge rush rediaft in this he would have to do anything this year. Yeah. Then we took olaf Ahio, the linebacker from Washington at one seventy eight, and at one ninety five we took Gabe Hall, the defensive lineman from Baylor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a project. He gets by on quickness and length. But coach him up and maybe you'll have something in a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Probably not active on game day type guy, but you know, he could be on that kickoff team. Oh yeah, he can run something like that. Yeah, it's interesting. He can run. He's he's yeah, so not a bad he's not a bad haul.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't like I didn't dislike it at all. The top was strong, more names than usual for us, you know, but we had some depth, a lot of depth, two corners, a lot of competition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a lot of competition. Let's get to another break. He is the Matt Williamson. I'm Dale Lolly. You're listening to the drive here on Steelers Nation Radio. We'll be back with more right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven Home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. I'm Dale LOLLI he is the Matt Williamson and Matt Jordan Reid and Matt Miller on ESPN put together a little piece here regarding the draft, debating need versus value for thirty two ros. Yeah. I saw that.
Speaker 3: I didn't go through it though, Okay.
Speaker 2: So they go. So Jordan Reid is doing this filling the prospect who fills the biggest need, okay in each case, or even the second biggest need. Miller is looking at the prospect who would give the team the maximum value okay at that position.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's interesting, and the truth is somewhere in between.
Speaker 2: And the truth is probably somewhere in between. So for the Bears, they both pick calab Boy. Yeah, okay, Yeah. For the Commanders, they both picked Jaiden Daniels. All right, we get our first change here at three. Someone's gonna take Marvin as a value. Yeah, Well, Reid is saking the biggest need is Drake May Yeah, and the best value for Miller is Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of why we're having the conversation, and that's why the Patriots in their war rumor saying, but we have a better grade on Harrison. Yeah, we need a quarterback more.
Speaker 2: At four, reach pick is Marvin Harrison. Miller's pick is Roma Dunzier.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he likes to do more than neighbors. But they both agree that it's a wider it's.
Speaker 2: A wider siver. Yeah, the receiver instincts. At five, they both have Molak Neighbors as the certainly a need. Yeah, okay, no doubt. At six, Reed has Roma don Jay filling the biggest need. Miller has the pick that has the best value being Drake May because he wasn't picked yet.
Speaker 3: Both all that I agree with, right, and it's going to be a receiver or a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, giants. At seven, they both have Joe Alt.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, mean tackles are values.
Speaker 2: At eight, they both have Dallas Turner. He wouldn't be my best value, no, I wouldn't think. Yeah. At eight. At nine, I'm sorry, Reid. The pick that fills the biggest need is your adverse fair enough?
Speaker 3: I feel, yes, a Turner is gone and he's your second edge, and I think that's the number one need.
Speaker 2: For Miller, the best value is fashion.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, it's a really good football player.
Speaker 2: At ten, Reid has the pick that fills the biggest need is Faushon mm hmm. Miller has the best value of being brock Bowers. Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't have a lot of Knitts to pick here, but it'll get tougher outside the top ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah. At eleven the Vikings, the biggest need pick would be JJ McCarthy. I guess he's so available in this situation. Sure. Uh. For Miller, the best value would be Terry and Arnold.
Speaker 3: Okay, if that's your number one corner, whoever your number one corner would be, would be who I put in there.
Speaker 2: At twelve, Reid's picked that fills the biggest need would be brock Bowers. Fair enough. Yeah, Miller's pick that gets the best value would be JJ McCarthy. Quarterbacks are weighted.
Speaker 3: I mean it says, yeah, I guess they've both could have been JJ McCarthy for the bikes.
Speaker 2: And thirteen for the Raiders. Reid's biggest need filler is J. C. Latham. As I say it, right tackle. Yeah. For Miller, that picked the gets the best value is Tulasi Filuagga.
Speaker 3: Okay, they just differ on who differ on who.
Speaker 2: The guy who is the right tackle. At fourteen, Reed has to the Saints, Tulasi Filuaga. Miller's picked it has the best value for them. It's your a verse.
Speaker 3: I think Fogg is a way better prospect than first, but edges aren't easy to find.
Speaker 2: At fifteen, Reed's pick that fills the biggest need is Terry and Arnold. Who's it fifteen again, Indianapolis? Yeah, okay, Yeah. For Miller, the pick that is the best value is Byron Murphy.
Speaker 3: I do was a wonder if Murphy would fit in there. Put him next to Buckner. Yeah, it's interesting. For the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: At sixteen, reeds picked that fills the biggest need is Fatanhu. Yeah, if he's still out there. Yeah. Yeah. Miller's picked that it gets the best value is Fatan Whuh. Neither one picked him yet? Yeah, he went. At seventeen for Jacksonville, the pick that fills the biggest need is Brian Thomas. Yeah, I said, baby, Mitchell. Miller's Miller's picked that gets the best value is Quenya Mitchell at eighteen. For the Bengals, reads pick that fills the biggest need is Byron Murphy. Yeah. The tackles pretty soft for them. Yeah, it's pretty bad. Yeah. And Miller's picked that gets the best value is Brian Thomas. I agree.
Speaker 3: I don't think Thomas will be there twenty. No, I don't think he will have Colts Bengals. There's somebody trading trade up guy.
Speaker 2: At nineteen. Reed's pick that fills the biggest need for the Rams is layout too Lay two. Yeah, somewhere in the line. Miller's pick that has the best value is Graham Barton.
Speaker 3: They would never take him there, but okay, I mean if that's his best player available.
Speaker 2: Yeah. At twenty, Reid's picked that fills the biggest need. And I don't agree with this that this fills the biggest need Amarius Mems. That is not the Steelers' biggest need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's a value.
Speaker 2: That's a value, right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You think tackles because they're expensive and hard to find and there's not many on the plane.
Speaker 2: You have a starting tackle. What you don't have is a starting nickel corner, and you don't have a starting wide receiver and you don't have a starting center.
Speaker 3: Right, I think wide receiver is the biggest need. Yeah, I mean you can't play with what you have right now receiver. I could, I could maybe piece of center together.
Speaker 2: I know, cany flip fluffed these because Miller's pick that gets the best value is a Donnie Mitchell. Okay, they got that completely bad. That's mems is of value. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's because the position he plays, Mitchell is a need.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think they're completely underestimating what the Steelers in.
Speaker 3: The first nineteen I basically agreed with, but it just so happens. I don't agree with the team that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah. For the Dolphins, pick that fills the biggest need is Graham Barton agreed, pick that gets the best value would be late two, So it's the opposite of wounds they had. For the Rams twenty two reads, pick that fills the biggest need is Quinya Mitchell. He had him still available in his Yeah board, Miller's picked against the best value would be Tyler Geydon.
Speaker 3: Okay, he could be Lane Johnson's replacement. Makes some sense. They developed Lineman really well. At twenty three, Reid has the Vikings. The biggest need pick would be jers On Newton.
Speaker 2: Gas aren't great. Yeah. The pick that has the best value, according to Miller, would be Edgeran Cooper. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think who their off the ball linebackers are. They're not great and their average.
Speaker 2: For the Cowboys. At twenty four, they pick that fills the biggest knee would be Jordan Morgan. Okay, yuck. Yeah. Miller's picked that would be the best value would be Xavier Worthy.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know how much I value Worthy, but yeah, you know we're getting in the end of the first round.
Speaker 2: Twenty five for the Packers, reid pick that fills the biggest need would be Cooper dig when's the genie's coming? Name coming. Miller's pick that has the best value be a Marius Mimes.
Speaker 3: That's the definition of Mems. You know, that's a nice value.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm trying to think why some of these other teams wouldn't have him, so he had von Miller has a gutting ahead of Mims. I don't see that, not only either. At twenty six, the pick that fills the biggest need for the Buccaneers is Chop Robinson Miller's picked that would be the best Yo, b Cooper Dejen kind of splitting hairs in this exercise at this point. Yeah. At twenty seven, both guys have Nate Wiggins for the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they would gladly trade the twenty seventh pick for Wiggins right now.
Speaker 2: At twenty eight, the one that would fill the biggest need would be Xavier Worthy for the Bills, No, no doubt. The pick that would have the best value for the Bills would be Lad mconkey, Okay, because he already used Worthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he has mccaukey had a Worthy, which I would understand too.
Speaker 2: I have mconukey had a Worthy. At twenty nine, Reid has the best value for the or the biggest need filler for the Lions, it would be Cooley miss Kinstry. Yeah, the best value for the Lions would be Zach fri Hm.
Speaker 3: I would put McKinstry at both for them. Yeah, I mean's corners are hard to find the centers right now? Yeah, I guess that's the value.
Speaker 2: I guess. At thirty, the Ravens biggest need would be Tyler Giton agreed the best value would be Darius Robinson.
Speaker 3: I could see one of those two guys being a raven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. For the forty nine ers, the pick that fills the biggest need Kingsley Sue Mattia. The pick that fills the best value J. C. Latham is still available. No, that's weird. That's way too Yeah, that's strange. At thirty two last one, for Kansas City, the biggest need would be filled by Donnie Mitchell.
Speaker 3: With Racie Rice's situation, receiver might have gone the top of the list of tackle.
Speaker 2: And for Miller, the best value pick would be Enis Reichstraw.
Speaker 3: His tape is really good, but his measurables aren't. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, he would play for them.
Speaker 2: He's tough. He fits their persona too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't love that exercise. Yeah, it's a little convoluted, but I I assume what they asked both authors to do is, hey, Dale, you just give me the best pick and then I'll do my and then I don't want to know what you do.
Speaker 2: You know they did.
Speaker 3: They did these things separately, separately.
Speaker 2: You give me the best value pick on it for each for thirty two or thirty two, and you do the best of which one fills the biggest need. Sometimes those match up, yeah yeah, other times they do not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it'd be fine, kind of fun to see a graph like where do they match up? I mean, obviously guys like Marvin Harrison would do both, you know, but that's early in the draft, when you would pick a lip, right, it's a lot different than when you get to the twenties and the plane.
Speaker 2: I think we both we both disagree with what they had for the Steelers. Yeah, mems of the biggest need and the best value, right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think tackles the biggest need, but I think it's the best value at twenty. Yeah, I mean, all things being equal, I would draft a tackle at twenty if all the prospects were equally ranked, because they're hard to find.
Speaker 2: But it's not their biggest need. No, they've got two starting Yeah, you may not like him, but he's played and started a lot of games in the NFL, and you've won games with him. It's not a pressing. Oh my god. If they don't feel if the Steelers don't get a new left tackle or a new right tackle in this draft, the season's shot.
Speaker 3: Right, it's over, right, it's not that way at all to me.
Speaker 2: Whereas wide receiver, you can't play I don't let you can play with you haven't nickel corner either.
Speaker 3: Right, right, And I think center is very borderline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, maybe it's signed somebody in one of those positions, but you.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean you could sign Tyler Boyd and all these guys. I mean that doesn't mean it's the great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't mean it's fixed or that's a good team building, you know. Right. Yeah, anyways, let's get to another break. He is interesting way looking at it. But yeah, the Matt Williams and I'm Dale Lollie. You're listening to the Drive here on Steelers Nation Radio. We'll be back to up the show right after this.
Speaker 1: He's the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. I'm Dale Lolli. He is the Matt Williamson and that we just did a thing here with Jordan bed and Matt Miller. Matt Miller and they're also taking part in the little latest prospect buzz, risers and surprises here on ESPN. Things are here and yeah that kind of news. Yeah, some surprise. I just wanted there's some some name, a late riser who could sneak into round one.
Speaker 3: The name everyone's talking about is the Edge out of Eastern Michigan order. I always forget his name, the mac Marshaw, Neil and Neel and Neil. Yeah, I don't see him that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they've got the Reid has Kingsley, Sue and Mattia. H kay, I don't think that would be a shock because tackles are his tape's not phenomenal. He's a project.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's really athletic, crazy young to Braiden Fisk, Okay, I was reading actually Kingsley, Sue and Mattia when he went to BYU.
Speaker 2: He was part of the of the recruiting class at b YU. They were trying to get Jackson Powers Johnson there as well. That's oh really yeah, they would have been teammates there. So they both just turned twenty one basically. Okay, I know they're both very very young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's Penny Sule's cousin and people don't know that too.
Speaker 2: Braiden Fisk, the other Western former Western Michigan guy. Yeah right, right, they were on the same line. Yeah, Miller does have Marshaw Neiland there.
Speaker 3: Okay, just keep hearing his name.
Speaker 2: Yeah all the time. I think if I wouldn't love him as a four three four outside linebacker. No, I think he's more of a power. But if I was a team that plays a four to three, I get it.
Speaker 3: There's not a lot of them in the draft. Yeah, that fit that mold. I mean, it's a little scares and there are a lot of teams that need them. I hope he goes super early.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How legitimate is the elite Neighbors over the Marvin Harrison junior talk? They're they all three say that it's very real.
Speaker 3: I've rushed it off over and over because I do think Harrison is that special.
Speaker 2: Neighbors is ridiculous. One guy worked out, one guy didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of the tie breakers could go to neighbors, just with the way they've hndled themselves. No one's more explosive than neighbors. I mean, if you're gonna get a quick slant and make something happen with it, Yeah, Tim.
Speaker 2: You know, by the way, a lot of those LSU receivers have pretty good Yeah, phenomenal.
Speaker 3: I mean, so, Ohio states aren't bad obviously, right, but yeah, yeah, it's it's a good success rate.
Speaker 2: Said. This is from Matt Miller. A name to keep an eye on when the draft gets rolling. Mississippi State cornerback the Cameron Richardson homework. I have six foot, two hundred and eighty eight pounder. He led all SEC cornerbacks and tackles the last two season. He's a man coverage expert. Six to two man coverage expert in the SEC. That's just about two hundred pounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you have some length Mississippi State. Yeah, I am going to look into him tonight.
Speaker 2: Or six to two, one hundred and eighty eight pounds, So there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: According to reed Verse, being picked inside the top twelve is not out of the question. But I'd love that. Yeah, if you're a Steeler fan, that's what you want. I think he's good, not great. He's also older, but again, if you're looking for that four to three n he's a powerful player. Ye yeah, yeah. The just aren't many of those type of galgrow Yeah. Yeah. Jerse On Newton had his pro day workup finally on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't see the results.
Speaker 2: He only participated in positional drills first time since he had take he had taken the field since they finished up their season against Northwestern, so he had Jones surgery. Yeah yeah, just like yeah, they think that that might move him back into realm one. That's why he was kind of starting to slide a little bit because he hasn't done any site.
Speaker 3: Out of mind he has at the IL guy, I mean, you gotta do something. Yeah, stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean it's tough to be Heath Miller and come out with no workouts. Yeah right. According to Field Yates, people around the NFL are wondering whether the Cardinals would want to ensure to have a trade back set up ahead of time into this draft.
Speaker 3: I'm sure people were overreacting to them doing it last year, the first year front office and they trade it back, and they trade it back up. That doesn't mean they're gonna do it every year that this guy's the GM. But I sure would be hesitant to move out of four if I don't end up with one of the toppers three receivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because and that's the thing, that's what you're trading away from. If you go too far back.
Speaker 3: You need to give me a lot to make a deal with Minnesota. But I guess what Field's saying is, Yeah, we'll make the deal with you Vikes, and you can take McCarthy.
Speaker 2: If that gives them them time to make the move back up.
Speaker 3: I better have a deal in place with the Chargers to get the seven, yeah or something like that or six or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's why they would want to do that. This is an interesting one here from Field Yates, and I'm going to quote here a pair of offensive tackles who I think have a real chance to land rate late in round three are Kaden Wallace of Penn State and Matt Goncloves of Pittsburgh. So to two local guys. We mentioned Wallace in the previous segment, we've talked about, uh, the pit kid here a couple of times. Real question.
Speaker 3: And I'm not picking on you because somebody also on Twitter is a big pit fan.
Speaker 2: And of course I'm mispronouncing his name badly.
Speaker 3: It's nothing like it reads. It's like he's he actually predetically put it out. He's like you'd never figured this.
Speaker 2: Out on you. He's an offensive tackle. Folks, you never hear their name and I'm sorry, I don't have any appreciations.
Speaker 3: His names much different, That's fine, but they're both look like they could be solid NFL players. The pick kit, I think is more upside. The Penn State kid has a lot more as a higher floor. We talked about them like two segments ago. Yeah, I mean, in most years they're probably guaranteed to be Round three, you know. This year they're tackle fifteen to sixteen or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, so that's interesting that those two guys, uh and back to our day have more conversation.
Speaker 3: If you're loaded everywhere else in the draft, Steeler fans, and they can't get everything, maybe you take one of these guys, put them in the mix.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you don't end up with Mems or Shanho or whoever.
Speaker 2: You know, but you end up with a guy who's might last in the league for a while.
Speaker 3: It would be a solid starter, cheap yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you see the NFL lifted the suspensions of all those guys that were They reinstated all the five guys that were suspended last year for gambling.
Speaker 3: All the gambling stuff. Yeah, because that was indefinite.
Speaker 2: Huh. It wasn't a certain time frame, right, that being Shaka Tony and then four free agents Rashad Berry, Quintes Cephas, safety CJ. Moore, and defensive end Demetrius Taylor, all those those guys. So the final four guys are all free agents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I knew they weren't big name players, not smart, but you wonder are they going to have careers now? Like, I don't think the NFL will hold it against them.
Speaker 2: No, you made a mistake, Yeah, you paid for it. I mean, it wasn't a crime. You know, in the case of you know, Barry, Cephas, More and Taylor, they all got cut.
Speaker 3: They got cut because they're not great, right, you know, and you lost another year to show the world put something on tape.
Speaker 2: And then Isaiah Rodgers, who also is suspended last year during that that whole crackdown, he didn't get reinstated.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, So did he do something much worse or much more regularly? Was it not a one time offense?
Speaker 2: Or and maybe yeah, maybe so maybe he talked to other guys because there were a bunch of calls on the same tame. Hey guys, you can be amble through me.
Speaker 3: I got t taking tickets left and right, the facility. That's the big thing. You can't do it at the facility.
Speaker 2: He can't do it at the facility.
Speaker 3: You can drive down to the red light and do it, you know, at the sheets, but you can't do it at the facility. Got to know this stuff, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have this. They they put these out there. The rules are known.
Speaker 3: They don't like hide them, like don't put the app on your phone. Wait till you get home on your laptop to make the better you know, that would be the best way to do that, right, I mean, be smart about it, you gotta know.
Speaker 2: And don't bet on NFL games that too. Yeah, there you have it. So those guys are out there. We'll see if any of them gets signed here probably somebody way, maybe enough in camp or something, get it shot somewhere.
Speaker 3: But they didn't do their career as any favors. Now.
Speaker 2: Quintas Cephas had some around. Yeah, he had some buzz coming out of Wisconsin there and didn't run real well say it a.
Speaker 3: Really bad forty. Yeah he's a jump ball only DeAndre Hopkins, but he's not de Andrea.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's a tough way to live unless you're special, you know, he's not a separator at all. Good at Wisconsin tough. I can see him getting in the camp. Yeah, but he's a great example. He better be a good one. He better be boy on special teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be really good. Yeah. I don't know who he is.
Speaker 3: Probably not those other guys. I don't know much about them most of the group.
Speaker 2: CJ. Moore played some corner. He's a yeah, defensive back nickel kind of yeah, yeah, smaller but maybe. Yeah. So anyways, that's gonna do it for the show today, Matt. Yeah, it's almost Draft week, almost Draft week. We'll be back next week and it will be draft week. We'll have all kinds of coverage coming to you on not only on on Steelers Nation Radio, but on Steelers dot Com as well. You can check out all of our stuff there. We'll drop another monk. We we had one drop yesterday. Yeah, that was one our latest three round Mack. So normal love it or they think we're idiots. Corner of the two, but the normal drives. There's only two next week Wednesday. Yeah, but you can hear all the draft coverage in addition to hearing it I hear locally on ESPN Radio. We're actually in Fox Sports Radio. Now, yeah, you'll be able to hear it all these very airways as well on Steelers Nation Radio, so you can check out a lot of us during the draft too. Yeah, you'll probably be sick of us. We'll be sick of each other. But uh, anyways, that's going to do it for our show today. So for my partner Matt Williamson for CJ. Wolfley here on site keeping us on the air, I'm Dale Lallie. We thank you for listening to this edition of the Drive on Steelers Nation Radio.