Speaker 1: Twenty twenty one form. Uh where are you now? I mean, are you close to where you were in that twenty twenty one off season? Just as far as you know, wait and how you feel and how quick you are?
Speaker 2: Uh s, This off season is pretty good for me. I say, this is probably like the best shape that I've.
Speaker 3: Been in since I since twenty nineteen year.
Speaker 2: You know, you got that long time of working out, a long time of preparation, and like I took them forty days away and really got to it and got the where I wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Do you feel faster?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, feel kind of faster, lighter on my feet, like easier to change direction.
Speaker 1: What did you do different this season?
Speaker 2: This off season really locked in me and my girl took like one trip right when Ota was over.
Speaker 3: Then after that I was kind of locked in in Arizona. Uh. I think the heat kind of played a part in that too, cause Arizona is hot. So I had a great trainer, uh, Nick Hill.
Speaker 2: I mean we was doing a lot of running, a lot of cardio, a lot of like kind of stuff to kind of trim the fat, a little bit, a lot of track working out, and then I got into a routine of you know, flexibility, mobility, and then it got into a boxing a little bit.
Speaker 1: How many bear.
Speaker 2: So Uh, Kyle kind of funny man. You know, we was chopping it up. You know, I told him what my goal was coming back, but I had seen him a video of the one I had put on Instagram and me catching the ball, and you know, he was like, yeah, that's what I like to see him and I'm like, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, he's kind of joking a little bit.
Speaker 1: What is it about Kyle that makes it so that you can respect him so much as a coach but still kind of have that friendship joking relationship.
Speaker 2: With I think I kind of go back to, uh, when I came out of college. You know, he was the coach at the c Bowl and I was playing for them, And one thing that kind of stuck with me from him and Jum was, you know, if I'm on the board when when the time came for the nineties to pick in the second round, I was gonna be the guy. And so like he was real, he was real, big on a man of his word, and you know that kind of stuck with me for a long time, and you just build a relationship from then do bo. Kyle said, one.
Speaker 3: Of the things that he's kind of looking for in these first couple of practices is that people aren't too eager. You don't go out there too hard even though you're excited.
Speaker 1: How do you restrain yourself because obviously it must feel great.
Speaker 2: To be I mean, you know every day you wanna go out there and get better. You know, defense is gonna bring the energy. We're gonna bring the energy. We out there to like make each other better. So I mean we're wanna keep the energy high as long as possible. We know it's a stake we know we want to do as a team, So we just got to bring the energy every day. I mean it's never a day, you know what I'm saying, we can get too high. It's just like who we are.
Speaker 1: When you look at your guys's receiving or coming into this season, how much confidence do you guys have as far as how you stack up against you know, other teams throughout the league.
Speaker 2: How we look at it, you know, like we're on competitors. We're not compete with nobody else but ourselves. We go in every day, were hard on ourselves. Coach Coach Hank do a great job, you know what I'm saying of being a great code, putting us in a position to you know, to beat our better.
Speaker 3: Self every day.
Speaker 2: And you know, you know, we got kind of guys like Brandon and I you who's taking this game to it another level? Juwon Jenny's you know, we getting better every day and just as a whole group, like we just gonna keep continue to get better. And like I not pay attention to the outside. I know it is just compete with ourselves.
Speaker 1: But what do you what do you get out of the boxing and out of Summersonina's doing that as well.
Speaker 2: It's a uh, it's a good you know what I'm saying, Like Bill r and Durance type of thing. You know, rounds of three minutes is a pretty long time. So we kind of like build here and dinners and kind of cut fed a little bit.
Speaker 1: Like hot passes from Broadcat.
Speaker 3: How curious, I guess, are you to see how his velocity is now?
Speaker 2: I haven't called past I I think he's been doing rehab for a long time, but I'm talking to him a good bit. He was like, you know, he ready to get back out there with the guys. And of course, you know, all the guys ready to see hype and progression throughout the time that he's been out.
Speaker 1: Is it kind of a relief to know that he was cleared.
Speaker 3: For everything to go.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, quarterback competition's gonna be really it's gonna be a really good one.
Speaker 3: You know, Trece has well.
Speaker 2: I mean, you aks me, Treys got better since the last time I've stow him from him dir due to his entry, He's got better. So I mean, I'm I'm excited to see how this can We're gonna go.
Speaker 3: How you uh real quick talked about Brendan?
Speaker 1: Are you maturing?
Speaker 3: That's a wife rechiever?
Speaker 1: What have you seen from Brendan? Are you from year one to year two?
Speaker 3: The year three?
Speaker 1: Then what you saw this game?
Speaker 2: I mean kind of like it's crazy because I'm with him every day. It's like my guy from your one and now like his Comfany's levels is like through the roof. So I mean he walk in, he walk out every day like nobody can guard him. And you walk around with that type of attitude. You take that out there to the field. I mean it can only translate, you know. So he's took his his game to another level and.
Speaker 3: It's it's very exit. And see you said you saw how the way the ball is coming out.
Speaker 2: You know, he used to throw the ball kind of hard a lot, uh, but he kind of got a great touch to his ball. Now he's more comfortable, he's more relaxed back there, and he's he's looked a little bit more poors to me. Kind of show that one throw today where he had to throw it over Fred and your racket. Yeah, we talk about that all camp, Like Fred is the hardest guy to get a special on.
Speaker 3: So I mean, as I'm running over, I'm already know Fred is like over there.
Speaker 2: You know, we kind of talked about it this trade, Like, I mean, it ain't too much more you coulda done with that ball, cause you know Fred is always gonna be the guy to try to stop that route.
Speaker 3: Every day.
Speaker 1: Oh, Danny Gray come into Campton.
Speaker 3: I was working out with Danny Gray a little bit last week. You could tell he's been working a lot.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know, it's still a l a lot of things that you know what I'm saying we have to work on as a group, and like bringing him on a as as well of like maturing a little bit, But he kind of get down on himself when he make mistakes. But in his offense and it's in his game that we play, you're gonna make mistakes. It's just like how you gonna respond.
Speaker 3: Alright, there, you get over your next morning.