Speaker 1: All right, thanks scotch On an hour two Sean Hannity Show, told free on numbers eight hundred and nine to four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. One of the things I'm very proud of as a member of the press, I have never been to a White House correspondence dinner. I've been pressured a lot over the years to attend, and somehow I was able to withstand that pressure doesn't come down anymore. But in all the years I've been doing talk radio and my twenty ninth year on the Fox News Channel, I've never I've just found a way out of it. Every time I was asked to go, didn't want to go. Don't particularly like a lot of the people in the media. They don't particularly like me, So let's be upfront about it. And it's just interesting the self righteousness in this room of people that really don't understand that. Whether or not they'd like to admit it or not, Legacy media, as far as I'm concerned, is they're dead. If they were going to have impact the years they spent and destroying Donald Trump and smearing and slandering and peddling lives and conspiracy theories Tamala Harris would have won by a landslide. That didn't happen because the American people rejected their message. With all that said, over the weekend, they had their correspondence dinner where they've pat themselves on the back. They get all dressed up and they try to look real pretty and handsome, and well, here's the president of the White House Correspondence Association. We are not the enemy of the people, and you got to stand and go.
Speaker 2: We journalists are a lot of things.
Speaker 3: We are competitive and pushy, we are impatient, and sometimes we think we know everything.
Speaker 2: But we're also human.
Speaker 3: We miss our families and significant life moments in service to this job. We care deeply about accuracy and take seriously the heavy responsibility of being stewards of the public's trust. What we are not is the opposition. What we are not is the enemy of the people. And what we are not is in and the of the state.
Speaker 1: They allowed so many lies to be told about Donald Trump. Did they have a tell the real valuation ofmar A Lago. Let's start with something very very basic, fundamental and simple. There's a lot that they have done, and there's a lot of lying that's taken place, and a lot of conspiracy theories that have been peddled. There's one moment of truth, but frankly, it's way too little, way too late, and they missed the whole boat. On Joe Biden's cognitive decline, Alex Thompson, Axio's reporter, said this one.
Speaker 4: Serious note to my bones. I believe that reporting and the White House correspond Association is as necessary as ever. President Biden's decline and its cover up by the people around him is a reminder that every White House, regardless of party, is capable of deception. But being truth tellers also means telling the truth about ourselves. We myself included, missed a lot of this story, and some people trust us less because of it. We bear some responsibility for faith in the media being at such lows.
Speaker 5: I say this because.
Speaker 4: Acknowledging errors builds trust and being defensive about them further erodes it.
Speaker 5: We should have done better.
Speaker 1: Okay, they didn't miss it as an institution, They purposely ignored it because they have a political agenda, would be my analysis. Anyway, here to weigh in on this and so much more, Editor in Chief, Two Way, host of his new show next up with Mark Halprin. It's on MK Media, which is which is Megan Kelly's network. And anyway, he's here to talk about his new show, and he's going to have interviews upcoming with Ted Cruz and again our old buddy Gavin Newsom. Mark Calprin is back with us. Who's a good friend of the program.
Speaker 6: Mark, how are you sewand with you?
Speaker 2: My goal is to only book friends of yours onto my show. It's going to be like a running.
Speaker 5: Is that it? Well, I guess that's it. I'm panned from your sholf.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna make it, you know, in light of what took place and all the lives that have been told, and it's very specifically about Donald Trump, and they're standing with the American people.
Speaker 5: I think is next to niro a zero.
Speaker 1: Had they been if they had influence, you tell me if I'm wrong or not. If they had had influence, Donald Trump never would have been elected. I think they've lost trust and I don't think they have the ability to get it back anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I listened to your list of stories that they did a poor job on and and as you said, not just because they were lazy or they didn't, you know, get up, get get up and be aggressive, but because of a desire to see keep Donald Trump from winning. And it was like, I mean, this is an offense. It was such a partial list. I mean, you had about ten things on there, and you and I could come up with fifty more. This is you know, there's so many things going on in what you played from Alex Thompson, who, to his credit, was one of the few reporters besides us who tried to cover the obvious cognitive decline of the president. But when he says we got to be honest and he gets tep a applause, the influence will be diminished. I think the influence could come back, but it would require a level of acknowledgment of what they did and why that I think is probably beyond most of them. He didn't do the why right. He just said we fell short and I fell short. Didn't say why, and you and I know the reasons. Why.
Speaker 1: Wait when did you first notice his decline? Because I noticed it and was talking about it before the twenty twenty election.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty seventeen, I saw him do a book event for book he was promoting in twenty seventeen, and he was interviewed by a very friendly interviewer in front of about one thousand people. And when the event ended, I turned to my wife and I said, thank goodness, his career in public life is over. And how embarrassing that his family is letting him do this book tour because he's in no shape to do a book tour. He was, he was glassy eyed, he was he had trouble following the conversation twenty seventeen, and I was talking about it and writing about.
Speaker 6: It since then.
Speaker 2: And as I said before, you didn't need inside sources to see a cognitive decline, you just needed a stand subscription.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, exactly. And there were very few of us willing to call it out. And when I did call it out, I was, you know, absolutely excoriated early on for doing it. And then it became like a nightly segment on the show because there was almost any time Joe spoke, it was transparent and obvious. I would also argue that, as you know, we're now at the one hundred day mark of the Trump presidency, that I see these polls come out, and Matt Towry rightly, he said, don't be fooled by these polls, and you were one of the few objective journalists that saw the trends leading up to this election that were very favorable to Donald Trump. And you kept telling people, if you want to if you want to delude yourself and buy into what primetime MSDNC is telling you, that's fine, but that's not what's really happening on the ground.
Speaker 5: But if you look at the.
Speaker 1: Actual pollsters that were more accurate in twenty four you get a very different story told about where Donald Trump is and what they're not factoring in is the first hundred days of the Democrats, where three or four of the last most recent polls show their approval rating at the lowest level level in the twenties, and a party that has also I think taken a very hard, sharp left turn towards the radicalized left, with Jasmine Crockett AOC the Squad and Bernie leading the way.
Speaker 2: Well, you're right about the poor shape of the Democrats, but I disagree with you about where the president's poll standing is because they're play of private Republican polls to show the same thing these public polls. I think you know, first of all, the President's not running for election in the midterms are over a year away. So we've seen other presidents like President Reagan have had low poll numbers or President Clinton and then and then are able to come back. So I don't think people should overreact. But there's no doubt that whatever wherever you want to put is general approval rating, wherever you want to put his approval rating on things like the economy or the border, his numbers are down. They've not cratered, they've not collapsed, but they are down. And even his own advisors would tell you they aim to do better this week, trying to dominate the news by talking about the first hundred days and the next hundred days, but also by getting more results, particularly on the economy, than they've gotten. So the President's numbers are down, but they're not disastrously down. And again it doesn't mean much at this point as long as he finds a way to get things to be improved.
Speaker 5: I think he's got a long way to go.
Speaker 1: I think he's taking taking on and has taken on, some of the most consoplet quent and difficult issues of our time. Certainly by give him very high grades securing the border and the process of keeping his promise to get rid of criminal immigrants to start, I would say that, you know, taking on trying to bring peace to Europe and peace to the Middle East.
Speaker 5: Those are heavy lifts.
Speaker 1: I think the president doing something that no president has done in fifty or sixty years, challenging unfair tariffs that have been placed on America by friend and foe alike, is a pretty bold move. Time will tell whether he's successful at it or not. Also, moving towards energy dominance. I mean, there's not a single issue he's taken on here that is not transformational. You know, eliminating you know, extending his tax cuts, making impermanent, eliminating tax on tip, social security, and overtime. These are are all big ideas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, three quick things one Time will tell, And people shouldn't judge him by his pulle numbers currently and they say the same thing about democratic presidents judging by the results. If he ends the war it was Ukraine and Russia, fantastic, If to terrorift lead to a stronger American economy, fantastic, So number one, judgement buyer results. Number two, he is trying to do historically big things, and that's inevitably going to shake things up and cause people to have concerns if they don't understand exactly what he's doing. And number three, on things like Ukraine and tariffs and what the terrorists are aiming to change. I have sympathy for the President and his advisors when they say, what's your alternative? People who want to carp about what he's doing. What's your alternative? How do you plan to have long term economic growth for the United States? How do you plan to end the war in Ukraine? If you don't have an alternative plan, I think it's you've got less standing to say what child Trump's doing isn't going to work or isn't a good idea. These are the things he ran on, and he's doing them, and I think I think we'll know in the next hundred days a lot more about on those two projects and some of the others you mentioned where he stands.
Speaker 1: We continue now friend Mark Alfern as well us. He has his new podcast out and it is next up with Mark Alfern. So you kind of dismissed when I brought up the issue of the Democrats, but we saw the quote sit in this weekend. We've seen a lot of singing and chanting and now the Party of dropping a lot of f bombs. And we saw them at the joint session with their bingo paddles, and they couldn't have the decency to stand for mothers that lost their children or young man that be cancer. And I don't really see any leadership out of them. I see a lot of fear in their their leadership, like Hakeem Jefferies and Chuck Schumer, that they wouldn't dare take on the more radicalized party because for fear of losing their power.
Speaker 5: Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: No? I basically agree with your nasis. I think todam a great party is in a world of herd and they're not in a terrific position to be the opposition. They're benefiting now though, because they're you know, particularly because the media environment is back to being very anti Trump, they're able to have things to talk about. I think that that you take the case for instance of this judge who was arrested in Wisconsin. I mean, the facts don't seem to be in dispute. Judge tried to let someone go who not only had committed a federal events by being in the country legally, but by engaging in violence against other people, and it seems like the judges' attitude was, I'd rather this person be free than be in federal custody. The Democrats have turned that into some sort of assault on the separation of powers and an effort to intimidate the judiciary. I suppose that there was another way to do it, to be less intimidating, But I would think anyone who cared about law enforcement and the rule of law would be delighted to send a message that judges shouldn't be running underground railroad for illegal aliens.
Speaker 1: So well, I mean, in this particular case, they're claiming a constitutional crisis, but yeah, the judge in this case helped an illegal and that had been through through the court system and with a deportation order go through a back room and to escape ICE officials, knowing that they that these ICE officials were there waiting to arrest this individual after that particular court hearing which dealt with domestic abuse. So, I mean, if that's the hell they want to die on, or a Brego Garcia and bringing a Brego Garcia back to the United States, I think they're making very poor choices, and I think congressmen quay, are the Democrat is.
Speaker 5: Right on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I agree and that And then my point is the two examples the judge and then I'm the so called Maryland man, I think are indications that the Democratic.
Speaker 1: Maryland man, if I hear Maryland man one more time, I'm going to jump.
Speaker 2: I said it in their quotes. It just shows to me their examples that the party does not have its bearings. The Trump's arrangement syndrome is still too high for them to really understand where to be picking their spots to say, here's what we stand for, Here's what the Republicans stand for, to say, here's what we stand for law US judges and people in the country legally who who have affiliations with gangs and a history of spaslo accusations dispaslobies. I just those to me are rare, resonant examples of why there's reason to doubt that the Democrats have their act together at all at this point.
Speaker 1: I hope you take a look at the Gavin Newsom and the Santas debate that I was able to moderate before you interview Gavin, because Gavin's a little bit out of touch with how well his state is doing and blaming Fox News for it. But anyway, Mark Alperm, we always appreciate you being on the program.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, sir.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir. Good to talk to you all right.
Speaker 5: Bill in New York, Bill, Hi, how are you glad you called? Sir?
Speaker 6: Hey Sean love your show. I just wanted to say.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: And I just never could figure out, being a person who studied history, why we would even think that Russia would give up the last segment of their western border and lose out on their western port to access the Mediterranean. And with the promises that we had made related to the Ukraine and not joining NATO and everything else, why are we poking a Russian bear? And I couldn't understand the past administration. And yeah, we empowered them to fight to last as long as they did, but at the end of the day, it just doesn't make sense logistically financially, and it's left in their hands now to lose land and lose a tremendous position that they had that they could have negotiated honorably and kept the promises that they were made.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you the biggest, the biggest mistake Ukraine made was many many years earlier. I think Clinton was president when they gave up their nuclear program. That was their biggest mistake. They never should have given it up. That was number one, number two. I think. You know then we had Mince one and Mince two. And you know, unfortunately in this case, if you look at Crimea, which is what eleven years ago now that that land was annexed under Obama and Biden, if you look at what happened three years ago that happened under Joe Biden, and Joe Biden had an opportunity is as Putin was amassing troops and he didn't take advantage of it. If Putin had territorial claims, I think there were certainly better ways than the one he chose to resolve it. And you know, maybe it wouldn't have gotten resolved. Maybe the war was inevitable, but the way it evolved is it became a proxy war between the United States and then with Russia. And we don't have hundreds of billions more dollars to pour into this thing, and there's now an opportunity for peace. It now seems to hind the two sides and whether they want this to continue. I would argue, I don't think. I don't think Europe will ever step up and provide the weaponry that would be needed to allow this to continue to be a stalemate. And I think it's inevitable that Putin's going to win this war. And I think it's frustrating because I think Putin is a murdering dictator thug, and I wish he never did this, but I can wish till the cows come home now. Now, basically, you dealt a horrible hand. And I give a lot of credit to President Trump for trying to resolve this. If he can pull this off, it'll be miraculous. It's not going to be a great ideal. It's not going to be a great deal for Ukraine. But they don't have any cards to play here. They have nothing. The only thing they have left is to count on the good graces of other countries to fight the war and give them the weaponry to fight it, although they're running out of manpower to even fight the war anyway.
Speaker 6: Well, you alluded to it just before, and it was all about diplomacy. We have three eight hundred pound guerrillas on the search US, the Chinese and the Russians, and when we have a beef, we don't communicate, we get involved with a proxy war. Did anybody do even game theory analysis or just look at it from a practical point of view.
Speaker 1: You're asking me if Joe Biden thought about it. When he was asked at the time when the troops and the military equipment were amassing on the Ukrainian border by Plutin in Russia, he was asked what would happen, what the consequence would be in his answer was, well, it depends if it's a minor incursion. And this after Crimea had been annexed when he was vice president. So he's rather dumb, naive, checked out, and absolutely responsible for the mess here. And somehow that the American people are going to tolerate endless wars and proxy wars like this. It just is not going to happen. And I don't think should happen. I really don't anyway, my friend. I appreciate your insight, your call eight hundred and nine to four one, Seawan, if you want to be a part of the program, Dan my free state of Florida. Dan, how are you glad you called? Oh?
Speaker 7: Hi, Sean Hi. It's an honor. Naturally, I must compliment you for the words you said, just a few simple words before the last election over Eber the fifth. It's brilliant, but so simple. You said, you are all you're my deputies. I'm deputizing all of you. You have to get out and vote and ten tell ten other people to vote, and tell them to vote and so on.
Speaker 1: And I was also deputizing people that they get informed. That's why we created the Kamala files, that Tim Walls files, so that people could be aware of what they would Otherwise what we would have been stuck with wouldn't have been good.
Speaker 7: Well, I can't tell you brilliant people in the world like you, and you might say, well, pardon me no to say a few things in a few words. What I wanted to say is way back in nineteen sixty six, about this time of the year, I was part of the Florida National Guard in a mass unit like the TV show. I was at Fort Stewart, Georgia getting OJT and I had a dear Special Forces sergeant. When the first that I got there, I gave my shot. My end was shaking. It's still Shakespeare for a different reason. I'm a couple of years older than my nephew, Donald Trump, who I love dearly. He was a dear man. He said, Dan, look, don't get fancy, just stop the bleeding. If you don't do that, nothing else matters. I have that written in my kitchen, hanging up on the wall. I'll never forget it because it's the truth. Donald Trump is doing nothing but nothing short of that. He's got his hands on all the arteries of our country. And that's why people say, oh, he's doing this, he's doing that. He's too fast. He's trying to make up for four years of a horror show. And he has got everybody who he has hired so far I think is fabulous. And the people at Fox are fabulous. You're saying, you're trying to save our country. Nothing short of that shot.
Speaker 1: Nothing well, I mean, honestly, I can't imagine. I don't think we would have had a shot, I really do. I think it would have been we would have been too far gone. He's got a very heavy lift in front of him. He's taken on a lot of damage that was done prior to him. Joe Biden left him a mess on the economy, He left it a mess internationally, and to his credit, he's moving at the speed of light and he's trying hard to resolve all of it. A lot of these things are going to take time. I think probably in this first one hundred days, the greatest success that we can see that is visible is on the border.
Speaker 5: But then there's going to be more.
Speaker 1: I would argue, you're going to see a lot of trade deals over time, and when that happens, I think it'll calm people down, calm the markets down a little bit, and I think people will see the wisdom in challenging a system that has ripped us off for fifty sixty years. And at least he had the courage to stand up to these people and say stop ripping us off. But you know, I don't like being ripped off. I hate when people rip me off.
Speaker 7: No too, But Shana, I don't know what we do without you and Fox.
Speaker 6: I saw Tom Holman this morning.
Speaker 7: If I could see him, I doubt I ever will I give him a hug. Same with you, Same with we appreciate Fox. There's no way to say it. I don't have the time, you don't have the time. I just want Donald Trump. I think he's too dear a person. He doesn't want to hurt people, certainly, and I ran certainly children, but we have got to stop them whatever by any means necessary. He has to be it.
Speaker 1: They cannot get a nuclear weapon. That you have to start there. And I think if they're going to make a deal with Iran, it's got to include dismantling their nuclear capability facilities. That means every one of them, every one of them, and they need to be done by Americans. And I think there's got to be anywhere, any place, anytime inspections. And if they decide they don't want the peaceful plan and the peaceful out if you will, then they will be responsible for what happens next, and to me that will be very catastrophic. They will lose their nuclear sites, and I would argue they probably should lose their refinery so they don't have the ability to have the monies to film in any more terror. Anyway, my friend, I appreciate your kind words and your patriotism. God bless you. You are certainly not what is wrong with our great country right now, that's for sure, all right, Quick break right back to our busy phones. Eight hundred and nine four one Sean. As we continue this Monday.
Speaker 8: The final hour roundup is next. You do not want to miss it, and stay tuned for the final hour free for all on the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 1: Right back to our phones eight hundred and nine to four one, Shawn, if you want to join us, Amanda, You're next on the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 9: Hi, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? What's going on?
Speaker 9: I just wanted to touch base because the last well, for a while now, you've been talking about your new Tesla and how much you love it, and the really the thing that sticks out to me is the fact that you keep talking about how it drives itself. It's got the capability to do that by itself. I was just kind of wondering if that's ever going to be something that maybe possibly could be used for people with epilepsy because a lot of them cannot drive. But if we had a vehicle that could sense not that it's coming on, but a person's having a seizure and they could go into auto drive and pull over so slowly, well.
Speaker 1: I could tell you that technology is here. I mean, they're they they already have prototypes for like self driving ubers. I mean, there's going to be a massive shift in the workforce in a lot of ways. That's why I think it's kind of important these ten the ten trillion dollars has been committed in new manufacturing, you know, between artificial intelligence and this this kind of new technology. I mean, you literally are looking at the possibility of driver lest transportation now in the very near future, and you know, artificial intelligence and robotics and all these things. I mean, it's replace a lot of jobs. Funny story about a talk show host in Australia. Apparently they had an artificial intelligence voice do a radio show for the better part of six months before people caught up to it and caught onto it and then people felt portrayed by it. But the fact that they could do it is pretty amazing. Now I happen to know somebody that has really advanced in AI, and I get deeper and deeper into it myself in my spare time. It's it's pretty amazing and pretty wild. And I could I could put in their information about what the news of the day is, and you know what would Sean Hannity think about it? It'll come, It'll spit it out in mere seconds. It's crazy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just that would be awesome because I know my daughter has epilepsi and to try to get a job is very difficult because she has to work around everybody else. So I just whenever you keep talking about your Tesla and that being an awesome feature, I just can't help but think that that would be an awesome feature for someone who.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely think.
Speaker 1: I definitely think that you're going to see this sooner than then later, to be honest, I mean, once they can prove that it's safe and effective. You know, there's even been talk of people that, hey, you can put your car to work or you while you're not using it, Like, for example, I went to the movies I told this story, and I parked the car far away from the movie theater, and there is on the control app on a Tesla, you know, where I just press a button and says come to me, and then I'm watching in real time my tesla with no driver, pack out of a parking spot safely and then make its way towards me like it's a valet, and it drives right up to where I am, and I get my car and I take it from there, and then I can put in my navigation where I'm going and press a button and it will take me right to my front door. And I don't have to do a thing. I don't have to press the pedal, I don't have to hold the wheel, I don't have to do I just can't text on my phone.
Speaker 5: Because it picks that up like instantly.
Speaker 1: You do have to pay You do have to pay attention even though you're in self driving mode, right.
Speaker 6: But that's where I was.
Speaker 9: I was kind of saying, if it could just censor, because I know she has a monitor on her on her arm, it gives her freedom to more.
Speaker 1: Into I guarantee, I guarantee you that technology will exist one day and somebody like her will be able to drive. Guarantee, I just a matter of when. And I think that's that's it's great. It'll enhance people's lives. But you know that that's also part of the genius of where Elon Musk is in terms of his thinking. I mean, that's what neuralink is all about, you know, using AI to help people that are blind perhaps see again, and people with spinal cord injuries that they may one day be able to walk again. I think is great thank you, But you know, we we've got to understand the world is changing and a lot of jobs that i'm will will be taken over by artificial intelligence, and people are going to have to adapt to the marketplace. There was an article today about gen Z gen Zers now rejecting college and larger and larger numbers and a lot of people going a trade school. If you want a job that's going to be secure. I can't see AI replacing a construction worker or a plumber, or an electrician or somebody in the trades. I can't see that. But I can't see them replacing auto workers and people on the line that I can see for sure. Anyway, I appreciate the call. Eight hundred and nine four one. Shawn is on number. You want to be a part of the program. Our friend Mark Simona at the top of the next hour