Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Let's get into this. Shout out to MG the mortgage God. He texted me today. We spoke a couple of weeks ago, and he said, I told you a couple of weeks ago, seven percent interest rates coming soon. So they just released numbers thirty thirty year fixed mortgage six point eight seven percent for the thirty year fixed. Fifteen year fix is six point fifteen. So yeah. Matt called me a couple of weeks ago and I asked him how high he thought interest rates could get for mortgages, and he told me seven percent. And it's creeping. It's creeping to that seven percent level.
Speaker 3: Sounds like, oh seven all over again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean historically, think about it's not a relatively low exact, That's what I was gonna say. I was like, I had to humble myself, and like, I'm thinking about obviously my parents were buying, like buying a home in the eighties, Like we talked about if you look at the interest rates in like from nineteen eighty to nineteen nine, this.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I was treacherous. Yeah yeah, this in years when it was like eighteen percent.
Speaker 5: Fourteen percent, Like, how's this even?
Speaker 6: How?
Speaker 5: How does somebody do that?
Speaker 4: And it is because I was talking to Matt when I was trying to lock it an interest rate, and I was like, look, man, it's that like four he said, locking it now is not.
Speaker 5: It's only going up. And so watching it go up to seven percent, it's tough, man, it's tough, but perspective is team. It could be worse. It could be worse.
Speaker 3: It could be worse, man, y'allhoo.
Speaker 6: Finance reported sales of luxury homes dropped by twenty percent as a result from August. I know everyone's kept saying the market is not going to fall. No, if interest rates go up. This is common sense. If things cost more, people are going to buy less of it, right, especially if the price.
Speaker 3: Adjust in four months five months.
Speaker 2: Well, so this goes to the economic talk. So a couple of days ago we didn't get a chance to talk about it because it wasn't Monday going on. When the Fed raised interest rates. So yeah, I mean the whole point of raising interest is to taper inflation. So you know, it's or it's done to make money more expensive, so that pass gets passed down to the bank. So when the Federal Reserve raises interest rates, then the banks, the retail banks actually borrow money. So that means that it's more expensive for the retail banks to all money. So now the interest products that retail banks offer, like mortgages, like credit cards, like different things of that nature, all the loans are higher, So yeah, it tapers inflation because people aren't buying at a crazy pace like they were before. But it's a delicate line that you have to walk because it's like if you if you raise interest rates too much, then you could break the economy. So you raise interest rates to stop people from spending to lower inflation, but you don't want to raise it too high to you know, shut off the faucet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And as a result in the lower inflation environment, credit card balances have won to one of the highest levels of all time at forty six billion dollars. Now, I want you guys to add that with the student loan bubble and if those two pop, how much that is that out in the universe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean in addition to that.
Speaker 4: Right, So to the back to the home thing, obviously, when interest rates go up, it makes people tougher to buy homes, but you're going to and if you look at the percentages, look at the percentage of people that are refinancing their homes, right, like, why it wouldn't even make sense now, right, then you're not going to try to lock it in a higher rate.
Speaker 5: So that obviously that goes down as well.
Speaker 2: But there's also there's also it's never the end of the world, because if you buy, if you buy it, even if you buy now it's a seven percent interest rate. Eventually, rates will go down eventually and you can always be financed.
Speaker 5: That's when it would be a time to refund.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying in this environment doesn't make as much sense as it did nine months ago.
Speaker 5: Months ago.
Speaker 6: Homework question for everyone, how often do interest rates go down when there's not quantitative bees on?
Speaker 2: Well, there's going to be quantitative easing though at some point there's going to be quantitative There's going to be another round of quantitative easing. It'll happen.
Speaker 3: Everybody next crashed, maybe twenty eight or twenty.
Speaker 2: Nine, it'll happen.
Speaker 3: It will happen. Its gonna be a few years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give it. Give us some time to breathe.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: If they're telling you they're tightening it, which that's code for destroying the new wealth, new money.
Speaker 3: That got created.
Speaker 6: Why would they put interest rates back at zero for new wealth to come out?
Speaker 3: They're not. It's part of the cycle. That's what.
Speaker 6: Like when I told everyone go get that Ray Dollio book, like that was a super cheat.
Speaker 3: Code to tell you, Like what was happening.
Speaker 6: The Fed have and I need everyone realizes every entitea and every person is responsible for their team winning. Only even a federal reserve, they have their own best interest at heart when they're doing these things.
Speaker 3: As they should.
Speaker 6: You have to know what cycle you're in and where you fit in in that piece in order to know how to play the game. So when I'm telling you guys about direction and timing and wave and lunar cycles and pyramids and everything, if you go watch every episode of Market Monday's you had a blueprint that's the scholarship and a hits Finn, you will know how to play this game accurately.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, I'll be fresh as how if the Feds watching always another great h.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 3: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 7: It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdic.
Speaker 5: Erners. What's up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, Backslash, go backslash e y l to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash e y L. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 2: Or of our time to Yeah, if words come to words, just stay fresh. But you never know if the world falls apart, look your best. Yes, I'll be fresh boards.
Speaker 3: That is not literal advice for those of you that are part of Mark.
Speaker 5: Especial.
Speaker 6: This is high level for the record from my team back home in Chicago, Gary, South Side of Chicago. Nap No look, Bummy, Wolves is out.
Speaker 5: Wolves, Wolves is out, Wolves is out.
Speaker 2: I'll be fresher.
Speaker 5: Shout shot, shout the tip. Today's birthday, Todays's birthday. Shout the t I P shout out to.
Speaker 4: One of the greatest of all time that's ever lived, the best rapperup alive, Little Wayne.
Speaker 5: Dwayne called his fortieth birthday. It was yesterday.
Speaker 2: Shout they got birthday's Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember it was left like early, like two thousands, like two thousand and seven, when it was all hot.
Speaker 5: He had that big Atlanta party. It was like Cheezy had his birthday.
Speaker 3: And it was I wish George Power album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout to him, Yeah, shout out to Wayne and shot. Tip a good friend of the show. He's been on uh show, He's been on YEP and just all good dude, man, very very solid, good dude. We went to his first comedy show, legendary, legend bunch.
Speaker 3: Of talented man, fat and low key.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna say he found the but he was one of the first people to embrace the up. He saw something in him early and thug like low Ki brought Tip back for a second too. So like that, like Tip has a good eye for talent, like that he does not get.
Speaker 2: Credit for free Gunner free y mself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it ain't about the marand yes.
Speaker 2: Trap Wall Street trapper stated if Apple falls saw one hundred and thirty dollars, the market will fall apart. Do you believe this to be true? And if not, what price would be a sign?
Speaker 3: Shout out to the.
Speaker 5: Trapper and let me give contacts to the people out there for you. I know you're gonna go crazy. All right, So market tap wise, biggest company right has the biggest.
Speaker 4: Market tap But I waited, So the percent of how much of the influence and dominance that Apple has on the S and P is seven percent, so it's five hundred company seven percent is just weighted average.
Speaker 5: Uh and on the mastep's fourteen percent. So just keep that in context. I'm throwing into the gam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trying to tryus, my guy. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Have been in an episode with Peter that was I think that was one of our best episodes. Like the Energy was it amazing, But the Trap even trap ad lives when we talk, was like amazing.
Speaker 3: So kudos to him.
Speaker 6: One thirty is going to be a key level, like I mapped out one for me and trap price is always be eight nine ten dollars apart maximum.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I figures thirty. They can be tough. They can be really tough.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: I will starting to worry about global depression at that point, Seriously, I would, because if they're in.
Speaker 2: Trouble, I Fi might be a little chot. Like you're a little chopped and screwed right now.
Speaker 5: They're trying to put you in the matricen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're chopping screwed.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So it's at one fifty right now.
Speaker 2: So as we wait for Ian to get his Wi Fi signal together, somebody had asked about eyebonds, uh and the chat. I actually wanted to talk about that because we did speak about that before. But it is a great way to hedge against inflation. The only thing with eyebons I think going most that you could put it in ten thousand dollars. Well, yeah, but I do think you can put it in twenty thousand if you're married, gotcha right now? So eyebonds are government bonds that track that go based off the inflation rate. So yeah, it's a good time to buy eyebonds right now because obviously inflation is very high, so you'll be earning. I think what's the percentage right now? I think it's like, I don't know, it might be like six percent. It was seven percent a couple of months ago. So that's been locks it in for six months at a time, I believe. But yeah, I think you're only put in Well I shouldn't say only, because ten thousand dollars still you know a good amount of money.
Speaker 5: Well you were there on ten thousand, ten thousand and twenty thousand if if.
Speaker 2: You're married, yeah, but if you yeah, it is a good way, uh to beat inflation, or at least keep up with inflation and it is, it's definitely gonna be paying much higher than any bank or savings account, so definitely something to consider the interested in that.
Speaker 9: So it says here that the limit for purchasing advos in person, So a married couple can each put up to ten thousand any investment annually, or up to fifteen thousand if they both also elect to get text refunds in payer.
Speaker 2: So I believe it says nine pointy six percent right now in chat. So but yeah, nine pointy six percent. That can't really beat that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my graduates from my school being forced back drop bag drop might drop bag drop drop.
Speaker 8: With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs, trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood Trading Crypto involved significant risk. Crypto trading is offer thro an account with a robin Hood Crypto LC. Robin Hood Crypto is licensed to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services. Crypto held through robin Hood Crypto is not FDIC insured or SIPC protected. Investing involves risk, including loss of principle securities Trading is offered through an account with robin Hood Financial LLC member SIPC, a registered broker dealer