Speaker 1: What's up.
Speaker 2: My name is Zanela, and check me out on the Bootleg cav Podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, before we get into the episode, we gotta do this.
Speaker 3: We just dropped these t shirts to celebrate five hundred episodes with the bootle cap podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is out.
Speaker 3: Little daytona five hundred vintage flip. All five hundred episodes are on the back. Yes, you can do the gray, or you could just go black.
Speaker 1: The black is fire too. So look, if you.
Speaker 3: Go right now man bootleg cab dot Com and you cop yourself a five hundred episode T shirt, I'm gonna throwing a pair of socks.
Speaker 1: We got the bootleg camp odd Socks.
Speaker 3: You already know the Bootleg Cab podcast sponsored by odd Socks, so it's only right we're throwing a pair of odd socks for every T shirt sold. So bootleg cab dot Com, thank you everybody for supporting five hundred episodes. Let's get into the next.
Speaker 1: One right now. Come on, Boutleg Cab Podcast. Special guests in here. Annella, what's up, buddy? Not much? How you doing? I'm good? So you have the happy Dad, Yeah, happy Dad in your bio. You got some sort of deal with these guys with the nelks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm like a what do you call it? A brand ambassador?
Speaker 1: Did pay you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah? And not just in happy dad, No, I just happy that good people though. What's your favorite flavor? Gosh, it depends probably living live, but like, if I'm feeling.
Speaker 1: It, great, grape is fire, grape is super good. I like the watermelon. Watermelon.
Speaker 2: You can't go wrong with anything in the variety pet you can, But I'm not a big wild cherry fan.
Speaker 1: Wild cherry is cough, syrupy. Yeah you feel me, it is. Yeah, that's the one where because I like wild cherry other selters, but that one I can't. It's just too cough, surping.
Speaker 2: I don't like wild cherry anything. I can't lie.
Speaker 1: Not a cherry guy. No, no, no, shout to my producer fucking things up over here with a ringing phone anyway. Man, Uh so, yeah, I first met you because you work with my boy Sud, who's a Carolina legend, legendary DJ in the game Man and DJ and for two Chains forever. So how did you guys end up working together and how did you kind of get on his radar? Because that was like four years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn near, I played like a I played like a guitar at bar when I was in high school.
Speaker 1: Yo, wait a minute, the way you just said high school that Carolina just came high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, high school, high school anyway, high school. When I was in high school, no, no, you let it, let it fly, I played up bars because I got like three jobs got fired from all like three weeks.
Speaker 1: Three jobs.
Speaker 2: Say you got five from in like three weeks. Like I was not good. So I was like in high school, yeah, okay, So I was like I ain't doing this no more. So I started playing bars. And then I was playing this bar called box Car Arcade in Greensboro, and I met this guy in Malik, and he took me like my first studio and we started working and sub was throwing this show called the Parking Lot Concert. That's what it's called, right, I remember you doing those yeah, No stress Fest, the No Stress Fest.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And so they were like, I think it's like a thousand dollars for a slot, and.
Speaker 1: Oh you was host Elite was eating talk Elite like booked me.
Speaker 2: And then I was supposed to go like fourth or fifth, but I'd never done like a rap. I never used a wireless mic, and I brought my acoustic guitar to this like super urban show. So like I got I was standing beside stage like ten minutes before it even started, so so just looked down like all the other rappers weren't there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You're like hey man. He was like you ready. I was like hell yeah.
Speaker 2: So I got on stage and then they didn't even have like a mic stand or a like right, I had like Guy Nam beat out holding the mic from my guitar and Soud holding the mic from my mouth or some crazy shit like with like.
Speaker 1: That's random, you know what I'm saying visually, it's just And so that's how we met.
Speaker 2: But then a couple of weeks later, I put a cover on Instagram of Lemonade by Don Tolliver and I had like the No Stress This is like during COVID, so I had the face mask on because he had like a No Stress branded face mask, and he commented, He's like this is fire.
Speaker 1: Let's get in the studio and now we're here. That's dope, man. Yeah that's like four years. Yeah, So like for people who haven't heard you, will you hit the gate for a lexus for me. Uh, for people who haven't heard you, man, what would you say? Because obviously you were on on the radar doing like a country like whet first, like country performances. But I've heard you do like hip hop shit too, Like yeah, what's kind of like your bag? Would you say? Or is it just like my bad?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, man, I think I'm still trying to find it, But I just enjoyed making good music, like I grew up on like Michael Jackson, Outcast, Stevie Wonder, like the Carpenters, Like I got introduced to really good music really young. And uh, but then you know, I grew up when SoundCloud was popping and you had like the little Uzy post Malone right Juice twenty three When you just said you grew up when SoundCloud was popping, well, I was in high school, like in my whole life, flash before my eyes, Oh ship.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, that's when you were growing up. You grew up on Juice World. Hell, yeah, I'm old as fuck.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, but like that's what was popular when I was in like middle school, high school. Well, fetty Wap was when I was in what was it six eight nine. Yeah, and that ship came on six seven nine, six seven. He had a twelve month run for sure. Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: So what part of the Carolina are you from?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm from Trinity, which is like a super small town in the middle of like dead center, North Carolina.
Speaker 1: But I stay in Charlotte. Okay, So Trinity, North Carolina? Is it like some like what do they what do they do there? Nothing? Dude.
Speaker 2: They squat their trucks and go to like Taco Bell and cook out and go to the football games, go to church.
Speaker 1: Taco Bell, Yeah, Taco bell in church. Yeah, Taco Bell in church. That's crazy. There aren't really much else to do. There's like a high blast in Jesus. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Amen, there's like three stoplights. So it's kind of all you get.
Speaker 1: So was it like did you grow up like was your family listening in the country and ship?
Speaker 2: Now, I grew up my dad was like the praise and worship leader at our church, so he always So your.
Speaker 1: Dad's yeah man of God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my whole family is. I am I'd like to be I think getting there, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, But yeah, he grew up in church, so he started me playing drums when I was like four years old, and then.
Speaker 1: He was just on it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just got banned in middle school, and then I got braces. I can play like woodwinds or brass instruments. So I picked up guitar and piano. Yeah, the whole whole ordeal.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about that. If you have braces, you really are fucked as a kid. You can only learn certain instruments. Yeah, because the metal. You can't have metal on metal. Nah, dude, it was like shred my lips like I hated it. Yeah, I mean for you, man, like what is uh? I guess if someone were to like ask you, like to describe you as an artist, what would you tell them if they hadn't heard your music comfortable and nostalgic?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Describe me as an artist? It's just like I don't know. I feel like everything just feels human, Like you know, you listen to music and sometimes you can't tell I don't know. I just think everything sounds like me, which is you kind of got it. It's like looking at a painting, like I can't describe the pain to you. I just want you to tell me what you see, you feel. I'm saying that's dope. Yeah, what is your inspiration behind making the music? Like seasons of like season three, seasons I grew up on like TV shows and shit, like I love TV shows, I love movies, I love like picking out certain directors, Like I feel like being genreless you have to find because like everything is a marketing game, you have to have something to market, Like what are you marketing? Oh, you're good at this, Okay, this is what we're gonna tell everybody you do. And so it's like trying to be less and not necessarily being able to say all the rapper all, I'm a singer, I'm a country guy almost, you know what I'm saying. The seasons gave me a way to like pinpoint everything and kind of make it simple because like with season one, I based it off of pulp fiction, so it's like already comfortable, and the vibe of the project was that, so I didn't have to match, it didn't have to be the same genre all the way through. It just had to, you know what I'm saying, feel good, feel like that, like that nostalgic feeling.
Speaker 1: So season one was pulp fiction feeling. Yeah, yeah, do you have a song on there that replicates the feeling of being Raims being raped in the button great.
Speaker 2: Scene from the movie Gotta Ask Helena. You know the scene I'm talking about right there?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, yeah, I gotta ask Now I had that very complicated movie lot going on.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, well they also yeah, I'm just yeah, held hell which which.
Speaker 1: Song is that scene? No? No, I mean I obviously Sandlot's the newest one.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, Sandlot was the cover. That shit was super fun.
Speaker 1: Holes I see, I see a lot of yeah holes.
Speaker 2: Of season two and then we had like the Hangover, but we also did Mister Rogers in Friday for season three. Like, yeah, I just like TV is like a big That's how I like write music because I'm twenty three, so I haven't What are you watching right now? You've seen Severans I heard about it. It's someone on Apple right, yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is getting Apple is? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie I be bootlegging and no pun intended.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I just watched land Man. Yeah that ship's with Billy Bob Thornton. Dude, my mom trying that ship is crack. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I watched the first episode and I like felt like I would get hooked, but like, oh you will. I've got this rule where I like, I can't start another TV show unless I finish one, because then I'll just You're in the middle of severn So yeah, yeah, so Severnce is the wave, dude, Severnce is so good.
Speaker 1: Did you watch Yellowstone?
Speaker 2: No, but Seven's been trying to put me on that ship like every week, like once.
Speaker 1: We could be like you just watch Yellostone. It's good, man. Yeah, especially, you know, I feel like it's like, I don't know, made me want to be a cowboy. We're like, fuck, man, I want to go fucking ride some horses. Dog, you know what I'm saying. Yeah. Landy Wilson kind of fat at bro. Then she know it's crazy because I met Laney Wilson in person. I only know her from Yellowstone and the Yellowstone she got the fattest white girl ass you've ever seen on a human. And then I met her and I was hanging out and drinking with her, and I didn't realize it was her until like an hour later, and my boy was like, you know, that's Laney, And I was like, Landy Wilson, Oh, she lost weight. She's like like she's she hit the I don't know if she's on like Keto or something, but Tita, but Landy Wilson from Yellowstone and Landy Wilson now is still beautiful, still hot. Yeah, very different. She had a fucking she had a goddamn god damn. She still got a god damn for sure. You know it's still there, but it's just not like it was. You know, it's more fit now. It's out to Laney. She's a legend for sure. So would you say you listen to more country now or nah?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I've been listening to a lot, like you know, the Weekend just dropped great album, Dude, so good, probably one of the Like I also didn't listen to albums until recently, Like I grew up just listening to the radio and then I made music. So it was like I listened to like the songs that were bigger from this single era, you know what I'm saying. So it's like this is the first album seven got me in albums like I went back and listened to like A Wild what that you just got in A Yeah? I just got like bro, I just didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was like I always listened to songs as a moment, Like I remember the first song I listened to, you know what I'm saying, when I like when I was built my subs in my jeet, when I got my license, Like I always related songs to my moment, So there was never a many album, you know what I'm saying. But now developing as an artist and like wanting to learn how to properly you know, introduce people to me as a person through music is like you have to create a feeling in a project. And so I've been studying and yeah, like the Weekend's album that she was insane good album, the Trip to Yeah, Yeah album, Dude's so good, so good, You've done trumps to the album No, not to the album Yeah, I want to Yeah so good, bro, I no, right.
Speaker 1: That's so good. Yeah made me feel like I was on shrooms. Weekend's got good shrum music the most part. He's got to get everything music.
Speaker 2: Tam and Paula is the best shroom band ever though, Oh for sure you ever want to just that?
Speaker 1: Uh, it feels like Paula has got the best drug music of all time for sure. Mac Miller's got some show too, Uh, Mac DeMarco get for another Mac good shroom music. Have you heard of Mac de Marco? Yes, Uh, he's got some crazy stories behind his name. His video is crazy, like he's always it's always. Yeah, he's got like this. Yeah, shout out to Mac to Marco. So, uh, I see I see you? Uh hanging with Posty Uh Yeah, post is a great guy. He's a og at this point. Someone else is pretty genrealists. Yeah, super nice guy, like like the nicest guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like exactly what you see on the internet is exactly what you get.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you play beer pong with him? Yeah? I did, and I got wax bro. Yeah, he's pretty good at it. Dude. Well he's cracked.
Speaker 2: She is insane, Like, I ain't get no warm up though I'm not evena cap. I did not get no warm up, So I'm not gonna say I needed like a good two or three game warm up. I have my nerves going, you know what I'm saying. I'm in the rooming like superstars.
Speaker 1: It was happy that pong obviously, Yeah, of course, of course, yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I feel like, especially being from Trinity, North Carolina, there had to be a lot of pong. It's happening.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, no, no, that's how like you have to pass the class to get your diploma.
Speaker 1: So you know what I'm saying, is that is that like for you? Like? Was it? Was? It? Like when you meet someone like post Malone, who's like one of the biggest pop stars of all time. He might be the most successful streaming artist ever. He's at least top three at this point. Yes, were you nervous?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, I'm not gonna lie to the first time I met him, we were in Charlotte.
Speaker 1: He had pulled up.
Speaker 2: He did a show at the P and C and then Sud's good friends with Smitti, which is his DJ. So he had introduced us and they took us back. We didn't know we were going backstage, so we just pulled up. They brought us backstage. I ended up meeting a guy named Jay and a guy named Meil, which is Jay's son, and that's like my dog now, so we be hanging out.
Speaker 1: That's really how go places.
Speaker 2: But we walked back there and he had just got off stage and I wouldn't even expecting to see him, and he walked in and like this cat like silk cat gown with a bunch of cats all over it, and I don't know why, but we ended up making eye contact. We like the first people in the eye contact, and my dumb ass I.
Speaker 1: Was like, what the fuck? And then he just looked at it and with what the fuck?
Speaker 2: And so it was like that was kind of like the Bob shit. I was like, oh shit, all right, I bet that's dope.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, are you are you like writing for other people? Are you trying to get like you know, cause obviously you're in the studio a lot, and just kind of the I haven't tried that yet.
Speaker 2: It's like, usually if I write a song and I love it, I want it, and if I don't like it, I don't.
Speaker 1: Even want nobody to hear it.
Speaker 2: So it's like I haven't across that, you know what I'm saying, Like that that middle ground where I'm willing to I'm willing for this be heard, but I don't want to be heard out of my mind.
Speaker 1: Like if you love a song, though, and somebody else wants to sing it, that's much bigger than you would you give it to them.
Speaker 2: It depends on how much I love a song, if it depends on if they sound better than me singing it. If I listen to you singing and I like it better and I like myself singing it, yeah you can have it because I like that more.
Speaker 1: But if I, you.
Speaker 2: Know, enjoy the way my voice sounds on it more than yours, and nah, it's just ship.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm supposed to say it. Where's been like the most random or cool place music has taken you so far? Probably Sweden? Sweden.
Speaker 2: I've never been out of the country and now I've been to like Canada and Sweden. But Canada is still North America, so I don't know. Yeah, Canada is like Diet America, you know what I'm saying. So it's like we just kind of you can drive there. I don't count that is leading the country because we drove there. Yeah, But like I went to Sweden. Deaf Jam opened an office in Sweden and they wanted to a are They opened like a what do you call it a branch, a branch of Deaf Jam and Sweden or something like that, and they wanted one of the American artists to come perform to like you know what I'm saying, and they asked me to do it.
Speaker 1: So that was super cool. What was this was? Did you like IKEA's everywhere out there? Sweet?
Speaker 2: Is that Switzerland or Sweden? That's Sweden and there there that's what they were talking about. I didn't see one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, meat balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's literally what I asked bro when I got there. I asked about that in gang violence, So they don't got guns out there, bro, they throw grenades in the hotel lobbies.
Speaker 1: Like that's what bro? He was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like no, because I was like, shit, people are out here like rapping.
Speaker 1: And ship you know what I'm saying, Like, what do they talk about? Because it's not there. They talk about grenades. They're grenading each other dead ass, like you know the UK's like they're out there each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bro, in Sweden they like throw grenades in the hotel It's like a warning.
Speaker 1: Wait, so there's no terrorism, you know? That is actual terror? That's say is that happened in the US? Brother? That would like make headlines everywhere. That's some real like that's some drill music for real, which we're throwing grenades at people. Yeah what rpgn are?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's insane. How the hell do you get access to grenades? You can't get guns though. That's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: Who the hell is selling grenade, not selling guns? I wonder if they make Molotov cocktails, because you can make those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's homemade. Somebody's got to I feel like that's desperate though. If somebody did that shit, it's like.
Speaker 1: They must really hate you. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. They went through the process of making the Molotov cocktail to try to kill you. That's like a statement piece. They were thinking about killing you the whole time that they're making it. Yeah, that grenades, like, yeah, the grenade is already. Man, fucking I'm gonna throw there Molotov cocktail. There's some do you get your night? And also you're kind of like risking a lot. Well, I mean you're risking a lot with a grip, but you gotta light it. You could get messy what but you gotta make it, you gotta pour it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to make it, and I'm not gonna say that, but that's what's up, man. So what else you got?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously uh uh you uh, you've been you've been just putting that, putting in tons of work. What's what's next for you.
Speaker 2: We're working on season five or you know we just released season four. Yes, I need you. So we're working on season five right now. Shout to the sandlot.
Speaker 1: Yeah for real, and yeah, Huncho's on there with you, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell yeah that was super far. But uh, I'm working that tall dude as fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah what is he? Like? Six five? Yeah? Tall as man?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I was like, God, damn, bro, I'm only five nine, so like half the people I meet are like way taller than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean five nine is like a pretty average you know what I'm saying. It's I mean, you're not sure, but yeah, I'm not upset.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, you could be five you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Be cooked, dude. There's just a certain level of like height that just most women are right off. Yeah, Like if you're like past like a certain height, I feel like women you could be successful, you get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like you gotta look down at somebody.
Speaker 1: I feel that. Yeah, Like imagine you gotta look down at your man. Yeah, Like if someone runs up on you like you're the taller, no, literally, yeah, what are you gonna do? Like? Yeah, you know what I'm saying. That's crazy. Damn. I never thought about that though. How to fun. You're riding her, she's not riding you. That's crazy. You know that's crazy. You ever been with a big like a bb a BBW like a hell never no, never giving it a spin? Hell? Not even in North Carolina? What you think we got going on? North Carolina? Fat bitches, waffle House on every guy, Damn corner good Southern cooking. You mean to tell me there's not some fat women in Trinity, North Carolina that need some loving. All women need, no, I mean yeah, they all need loving, which is why it's you know, you should give a BBW a chance. Ship. The thing about girls that are heftier shout out to the you know, the heavy queens out there. Usually they're very talented in certain aspects of the sexual process because they have to make up for other things. Well I thought she's about to go. Yeah no, No, Usually they're very very like, they're very there, you know, like if you were to look at like, uh, I'm picking Yeah, I'm getting what you're saying. Yeah, like their abilities on like a video game, it might be like no stamina, stamming is like two pigs, but like head games like thirty eight. Yeah, you know, yeah, ship, you can't give it a shot. Man, you're in North Carolina. Brother's still rock. You hit a BBW dot still a rock? You hit a BBW. That's crazy. I don't mean like, I don't mean like literally, but no, Yeah, what did you think I was gonna say about? Oh, because Kanye just crashed out on some shy said Kanye said that fat women make our sex offenders because he's sexually offended.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just insane. How do you feel about that? That whole situation. I have no comment, no comment. I don't want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Anything Kanye related here, ah except for yeah, man, I mean, look, Kanye, I don't know much about ya. I met Kanye. It's nice. I met him a few times, but I actually like talk to him the Vultures thing when they when they were recording the Vultures album. I was in the Four Seasons with him and Tie and he was super cool. I mean, but you know, I feel like he's also probably bipolar. Yeah, I don't know, bro, I can't. I ain't got so his tweets are wild. Yeah that was insane. Yeah, that ship like, did you buy a shirt? Hell? No, fuck. There was a lot of shirts and I much that shirt. No, I ain't bought a shirt yet. The fact that Kanye bought a super Bowl ad and they approved.
Speaker 2: That, That's what. That's the only thing I was thinking, like, you just did a super Bowl ad for that ship.
Speaker 1: It ain't even that like the fact that they know one at the NFL or at the network because he was crashing out on Twitter before the Super Bowl. So the fact nobody was like, hey, we should probably pull this atah yeah, and they just let I remember I was at I was watching the Super Bowl. I looked over. I was like, oh, they let this ship up. They that Kanye. Oh shit. And then there's just a swastikad T shirt. It's crazy. Yeah, shots all the the Yeah. Anyway, Season four, Season five on the way? Yeah yeah, season five. So what if your approach of season five? What's the do you know what which which what the art is going to be? Like with what's the I don't I don't know which movie we're going with you. I want to say Talladega Nights because you know what I'm saying, gas and it was filmed in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: I just found that out. It's filmed, like Ricky Bobby's house is in Lake Norman. The bar they shot it in is downtown Charlotte. They shot it at the Charlotte Speedway. So it's just like I feel like I coul rapp all that together, kind of tie happy dad in get like a car with a heavy dad wrap, just some crazy shit heavy dad racesuit. But that's gonna be like hopefully end of March, beginning of April, and then I'm gonna try to do singles from like May to October. That's dope, and just build, you know what I'm saying, hopefully gain enough hype to where beginning twenty twenty six I can start promoting an album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, uh, did you watch a lot of Nascar growing up?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like, honest, I didn't, But I have a lot of history in my family with it. Like I was super, I was stupid into music, Like I was kind of like tunnel vision, like interesting sports or nothing like that. Now I got the football because I was fat and they were fat. Yeah yeah, I was fat. Like yeah, do you have you got the skin?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Oh so you were that fat? Yeah No, I got not.
Speaker 2: I don't got extra skin. Crazy, that's got like right here, I can pull that ship, it'll stretch.
Speaker 1: How fat were you? Like?
Speaker 2: What was the heap heaviest? Probably like one eighty. But this is like I was in I.
Speaker 1: Was in middle school, jesus, I'm like, bro, heavie. No, but that's that's crazy. It's like five too, though, five one eight is crazy, fucking crazy. Yeah, five, that's a fucking yeah. You were you were something cap So what what? Uh? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What like? Did you like start losing weight in high school or no? Yeah? Well were you fat during high school too? At the beginning?
Speaker 2: Then I hit puberty and I was playing football, and so it was just like, were you offensive lineman?
Speaker 1: The hell? Noah, how's an outside linebacker? And I can't think of what else honestly? Football kind of like playing football, you started to lose weight? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, well that's the only reason I did it. I just wanted to lose I just wanted to fucking look better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it worked out, man, you look good. You're a good looking Thank you, bro. I appreciate it. I try. I would never felt you're a fat kid, dude. It's okay, Yeah, and look at you over here. I never fuck a fat girl. I'm good. No, that's not b that's so funny, former fat brou what are we doing here? Put on for the fats?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: You ever watch Heavyweights? Hell? No, great kid nineties movie Heavyweights. You've seen Heavyweights. It's amazing. Ben Steelers in it. He's got this fat camp.
Speaker 2: A fuck with Ben Steeler. Ben Steller directed Severns Diddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I like Ben Stiller. Dude, are you gonna fuck with it? I had to check it out. It's so good, bro, damn. So it's that once a fat person, always a fat person. How do you make sure you don't get fat again? Are you health conscientious? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I'm started like count calories, like trying to go to the gym. I've been in the gym since I've been out here, but like I went to the gym every day in January, like.
Speaker 1: Just well, you gotta you're a You're a product now, and I mean that respectfully.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, and that's what I've also been like hearing and being told and just like watch your you gotta look at yourself like a product. Yeah it's crazy, but I stop vaping, like to take care of my lungs in my throat like all that shit. I'm just trying to be healthier in general too, plus like mentally, like I feel like working out, eating better, not digest all this horrible shit, and like vaping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that vaping shit is crazy.
Speaker 2: Dude, that shit's horrible. I wish I'd never started fucking money hole.
Speaker 1: Is it worse than cigarettes? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think everything's bad. I think the air you breathe is bad time, But I think if you can help it.
Speaker 1: You should. Are you Do you do drugs? Nope? None?
Speaker 2: Define drugs, weed, No, don't smoke. I drink that's a drug. Caffeine's a drug. Caffeine and nicotine's a drug.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it's like if you drink coffee, yeah, yeah, I'm hook Look I have an energy drink anacos. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, you kind of stacked right there, bro, I'm wired. I bet I'm gonna get all this timers.
Speaker 1: I heard if you take, if you listen, if you drink, say, if you drink too much coffee or too much caffeine, because it's over stimulates your brain not stop. That would when you get older, it affects your like you're more libida likely to have Alzheimer's. Yeah, so I think I'm gonna be cooked when by the time I'm seven, I angry remember ship Dog because I'm fucking too many energy drinks.
Speaker 2: Now you have to drink one to remember. Like every time when I ask you a question, you just kind of like take a shot and the think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's your Like if there was like one artist you could do a song with it. You haven't worked with Adele Adele? Dude, Now this is the question, would you rather work with skinny Adele or Fatadele? This is a serious question because I would.
Speaker 2: Rather work with the most mature Adele, which is what Skinny ad the same. Well, she had problems with her voice, I think because she had to stopp singing for a while and like, but don't.
Speaker 1: You think there's just her voice is only that of that could have came from a person. It was a little heavyweight. Nah, hell no, I don't know if adle could get them notes off being skinny bro. I'm gonna be honest, I haven't heard it yet. Since started fucking with Rich Paul, I have heard that. I haven't heard her hit the hit The notes same way. I don't know, I could be wrong. I'd have to see the science, the science, because you know what they say about the fat lady singing, Yeah, it's true. I have to see the science. Back in the day the opera, all them girls were heavies. Keep coming back to fat women. Shout to a Dell though, Is she all time great voice? She's like top two, right, I think it's.
Speaker 2: Like songwriting insane. Yeahs fucking yeah, it's just insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and a Deel would be nice. She's on our favorite artist for sure. Uh is it weird? Like because you've done like country stuff, but the country music obviously, being with depth Jam, being with sud Like you're kind of a part of like one side of the music industry, very hip hop oriented. But then you go to Nashville and it's like the Good Old Boys Club. It's like its own thing. It's its own industry, like separate of the rest of the music industry.
Speaker 2: You mean, like in countries like Nashville is quote unquote country.
Speaker 1: Yes, dude, something like because you've you obviously I'm saying like, if you want to play in that country game, you can. It's a whole other set of shit is crazy Hollywood. Yea exactly his own thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But like when I when I was growing up, you always hear like Nashville straight country music. Like if you want to go like play the band Joe, you got to Nashville. But dude, when we went there, like the house music scene is jumping like rappers there, like there's a whole It's not just country.
Speaker 1: No. I know that. I know that, But I'm saying, but you're you're you you have some country type shit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, one hundred teer. So I'm saying like I'm Southern like through and through. That's never gonna leave.
Speaker 1: When I talk, I hear it. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's not going away. So we know who your parents voted for.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm not gonna LIU to you. I don't eve know who my parents voted for. They get TikTok be going crazy? What you said that said, TikTok be going crazy? I know my phone's vibrating.
Speaker 1: You never know what side. Yeah, no, TikTok's wild. Were you excited that TikTok was gonna get Yes, dude, because I was. I was so hairy. I was like, great, one more thing I don't got to worry about. That's what I'm saying too.
Speaker 2: It's more like it self like it's like damn, I don't even have to self disciplined to like not pick up my phone and just like it's just something to do.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I'm talkingout like as an artist, I feel like if TikTok went away, I mean, obviously YouTube shorts and reels is going to take over, but I feel like I don't know people went too Red Note, Yeah, did you go to Red Note? No? Hell no, that shit is straight? What if you thought what? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like that shit would like I feel like I plugged my phone and it would like steal everything like they weren't doing it anyway, No exactly, but that's what I'm saying. Bro, Like people was like, oh, TikTok's bad like Red Note. There's no way Red Note wasn't worse.
Speaker 1: I saw that people were trying to figure out how to speak Mandarin on Red Note. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like it was like straight, like I think that app was like designed for China, like Chinese people like it was like I mean, yes, you do know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like TikTok was like TikTok was designed to make us stupid Kinese people. Yeah, because their version of TikTok is super fucking like education. I was about to say, Yeah, I've seen videos like like where it's all like, no, their algorithms like super positive educational out here. You know it's brain rot it'. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, it's like people shaving sand while you like listen to somebody talk about random like Internet.
Speaker 1: Story for sure.
Speaker 2: Man, all right, so your season four is out? Yeah, season four's out, Season five is on the way Taaladagan Knight style.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, dude, do that. I think that'd be far plus. It's like Will Ferrell can't go wrong.
Speaker 2: Will Farrell can't go wrong? Anything else you got work you want to talk about? Man, oh, I really know what I can think about. Honestly, happy to be out here. I appreciate you having of course.
Speaker 1: Is there is there anything that you've learned in the last few years, because obviously you're kind of like from Pandemic on your careers like really started to blossom, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I started in the pandemic. I never saw the world before the pandemic as an artist. Really yeah, Like by the time I.
Speaker 1: Was well, because you're twenty three, so you were probably like.
Speaker 2: I graduated in twenty twenty when COVID hit. So it's like by the time I was out of high school and could travel and like really pursue it.
Speaker 1: So at the end of your final year of school, well you guys, did you guys go to webcam?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: So, dude, I busted in the South. So, dude, I busted my ass to graduate early. Like I start smart, you graduated early. No, I wanted to drop out to all while, like I want to drop out try to pursue music. She's like nah, She's like, but you can graduate earlier.
Speaker 1: I was like bet.
Speaker 2: So I went to school. It was like two weeks into the first semester and they're like, nah, it's too late. You can't change your classes, like you got to finish the four year. So I like bluffed and I was like, all right, I'm gonna come back tomorrow, my mom, I'm gonna drop out. My school had a zero percent dropout, right, So I came back the next day. You already knew they were fucking with you know what. I'm saying, So I came back the next day.
Speaker 1: All right, were this stuff around.
Speaker 2: We're gonna make sure you can graduate early. So I graduated like January nineteenth. So you innuated a semester early. Yeah, a semester early. So I left in January, then went to flew out here for the first time. When I flew out here, COVID wasn't a thing. When I flew back home, COVID was a thing. Like while I was here, COVID hit. So it's like my first time out here was like the streets were empty, Like I remember taking a picture in front of the Capitol Records Building. No one on this street, Like.
Speaker 1: Ya, we overreacted for sure. It was crazy, dude. Yeah, but out there though, Trinity, North Carolina shut nothing closed out there. Hell no, that shit. I went to Atlanta during the pandemic. We went to Atlanta and we felt like we're in a like upside down world. I was getting lap dances and shit, I was, I was a man. Pandemic is crazy. Early pandemic it was kind of crazy. It was like, yo, we could go places. We felt like we're in jail here. Oh, it was like that. It's like shut down, shut down. Oh yeah, it was wild. Like I was masked up wearing gloves like a pussy. I remember.
Speaker 2: I remember that because I used to say about the gas pumps, like, yes, not pumps.
Speaker 1: I would grab napkins. I had a box in my rubbery gloves in my fucking car, so every time I pump gas. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that, you know, it's crazy that it was like my kids on like all these like plexiglass ship they put up in the middle of the restaurants, and like they didn't.
Speaker 1: They're still there there, They're not They're probably never gonna leave.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, probably because it's quote I mean not quote unquote, it's more sanitary.
Speaker 1: But it's like it was never necessary. Now it's like the worst part is when you see people to this day driving in a car alone with a.
Speaker 2: Mask on in l A. I've seen that a lot out here, and now I just want to run them off the road, like you.
Speaker 1: Fucking pussy you're in the car when I was rolled up, who you like, what do you think is gonna happen? Is someone gonna fucking is COVID gonna sneak through the fucking ac event Five years later and kill you. And that's what I think.
Speaker 2: I think they have something like all right, you know you have something you don't you don't want that ship to get out.
Speaker 1: You know what. People are scared and this COVID ship just showed you. Like people like this. This is like weak ass fools like they they won't let go of that ship. They want to be able to you know, I'll be at the fucking grocery store and you'll see somebody triple masked up and they'd be like, God, damn, can you imagine being married to that broud? Like what else? What are we doing here? What is this? Citrus birds? So this is a tobacco product technically, Yeah, sounds about white. Yeah. How so that's like the things that you put here. Yeah yeah, not good for you. You're eating your tobacco now, Yeah, it's not my lungs. You're afraid. Like you ever see the baseball players, That ship's all fucked up from chewing chewing too much tobacco. Hell no, damn, I feel like all the kids are doing this ship. Yeah, I don't know. I feel like a real milk boy thing of you to do. The happy dad had on, Like let me pop a fucking pack it, pack a lip and send it. Yeah, hell na, I just I just don't want to fucking inhale smoke no more. Have you hung out with Kyle and those guys one time?
Speaker 2: They had an event in uh, South Carolina that we drove down to and ended up hanging out.
Speaker 1: It's like a heavy that event.
Speaker 2: I'm boys with a guy named Chaffy, and so I went to hang out with him and they we all ended up going out after like this bar is like a super locky night. But they were nice as fuck, super nice. Yeah, some of the nice people. I My boy Jesse was like the main one of the main guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm real close with Jesse, who left but he owns still owns a big chunk of happy Dad. Yeah. Jesse's eating and he don't even drink. He's sober. That's hard, you know. Jesse is Yeah, yeah, he's got the clothes like Bloody Sunday, Bloody Sunday. Yeah yeah, yeah. Shout out to the Milk Boys man. Yeah yeah, anyway, but listen, man, go support this guy's music. Anything else tour coming, You're gonna be hitting the road. Yeah, yeah, I go on tour.
Speaker 2: The actually doing my first arena tour with Lil Wayne.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's nothing. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot, I'll be forgetting how much it's going on because, dude, h honestly, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how to explain that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agent Asian agent, Yeah, I guess as agent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but uh you uh yeah.
Speaker 2: They just hit me and they're like, yo, would you like to open up for low Ane?
Speaker 1: And I was like, ship, how can you say no to that? Like that's a go.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the hell I'm about to do, but like it's nerve wracking as hell.
Speaker 1: Play your guitar, man, dude.
Speaker 2: The first the first arena is the Pacers Arena in Indiana, the Patriots Pacers.
Speaker 1: Oh the Pacers. Oh yeah, I forget what they used to call that when I was a kid, the House of something house but yeah, that's joke. The Pacers. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But are you a Panthers fan? Yeah, the whole I'm a Steelers fan, but the Panthers are why. I mean, I'd rather my Panthers fan. My dad's got Steeler's tattooed on, he's got.
Speaker 1: No, you're not a You're not a Panthers fan.
Speaker 2: You're a steelersh Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like, I just grew up like shit, being like Troy palm Molo. That was like one of my Yeah, why would you be a Panthers fan if you didn't have to be right like your dad? Your dad gave you the out at birth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Imagine rooting for Jake Delane as a grade schooler.
Speaker 2: I don't really watch sports though, so it's just like, shit, whoever winning.
Speaker 1: Bryce Young, He's like, you're taller than him. That's your starting quarterback in North Carolina. You don't even know Bryce any Hell, I'm crazy. Yeah, you're not even a football fan. No, God bless you. Well. Listen, man, I appreciate you pulling up people go streaming. Shit it what's a Little Wayne tour start? H February twenty seventh is the first that's like in a week. Yeah, it's next week. Are you like rehearsing? Yeah? I got it.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm leaving a here. Uh in today?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna play the guitar on stage? Probably? I'll probably end up doing that. I feel like that's your easy way into the Little Wayne crowd because they'll appreciate that if you're just up there like singing over your track and shit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, god no, all all all our tracks, Like we have specific tracks for shows that have less vocals in them, so it's like my lead is present and then oddly harmonies and stuff in so it still feels full.
Speaker 1: But like, I want people to hear my voice live. That's kind of what you pay to see. Can we hear you do something for us? What do you mean you want to do? Like? Do it? I don't know, fucking sing a song or something. Bro, Sure, pretend like you're in front of a bunch of pacers fans. Little Wayne's going to be closing out the show and you got to impress them. Damn, I ain't know what to sing. Sing something bro, no music, A cappella, dog acapella. Damn. I'm trying to think what you want to hear? What you be listening to? Oh if I would listen to anything dog? Oh that's crazy. I'm very musically. I mean I'm I'm pretty much It's like eighty percent hip hop for sure, but you know, I'm pretty musically eclectic outside of the eighty percent of boom back boom Back drug rap I listened to. I was about to say it. Damn.
Speaker 2: I feel like I should just sing some country. Even talking about countries.
Speaker 1: I do like country. You like country? I like, what is that? What's your favorite country song? Oh? Damn, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: Probably probably Do you know any Garth Brooks? Yeah, yeah, yeah, do some Garth Brooks. I know Garth Brooks. Uh, blame it all on my root. I showed up in boots and ruin your black tie. Yeah, last one new, last one the show. I was the last one you thought you'd see there.
Speaker 1: Such a good song, dude, what are you me? I got friends and low? Do you think that song is like white people's Like what dude? I made so much money and dreams and nightmares? Oh ship, I guess yeah, that's like the redneck drink. That's like that's bartender by rehab bartender. I really did you ship going to the bar and play you know what else? Is a funk? What's that? Uh? Uh? Sweet Caroline? Is the white people's Oh yeah, ye, sweet Caroline? You play that in a fucking bar anywhere where there's Yeah, you sing all of it or Garth Brooks or Garth Brooks, Garth Brooks is the country. Garth Brooks is the country. Crowded.
Speaker 2: I feel like sweet Carolines everybody for everybody in the im. Was gonna see any song.
Speaker 1: If it comes on. Yeah, that's facts. Well listen, man, I appreciate you pulling up with your.
Speaker 2: Instagram Anela any l l A. Yes, appreciate you man, Yes, sir, thank you. Good luck on everything, good luck on tour, yes, sir?
Speaker 1: How many dates? Five? Five is all you need? Yeah? Man, Hey, you're gonna hang out with little wind sip some scissor ship if he passes you the double cup, but you're taking a sip, hell just to see what's in there. Hell no, I'll look at it. I'll take it with like what so are you using shit? Non water? Healthy guy? He doesn't want to get fat. Again, Appreciate your buddy, yes, sir. Boom