Speaker 1: For twenty years, Stockton Mortgage has built a solid foundation for trusted guidance people with the genuine passion for wayfinding.
Speaker 2: We start each day.
Speaker 1: With the goal of getting our customers to the closing table with ease, care and consideration. Stockton Mortgage is home to forty five branch locations and licensed in twenty five states.
Speaker 2: They're growing.
Speaker 1: Founded in the Bluegrass State and headquartered in Frankfurt, Stockton Mortgage brings twenty years of insight and just enough flexibility to make the dream of home ownership happen. In fact, Stockton Mortgage was recently named KC's number one lender, connecting four hundred and forty five Kentucky home buyers with down payment assistance last year.
Speaker 2: That's awesome and listen to this.
Speaker 1: Stockton Mortgage also received Freddie Mack's Home Possible Rise Award for fastest Growth. I'm telling you they're a five star mortgage provider. Let us help you find your new home. Give us a call or go online to Stockton dot com. That's Stockton dot com, Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine in MLS, Consumer Access dot Org, Equal Housing Lender.
Speaker 3: Back take you Sports Radio here Live in Bowling Green at the Green River Regional Educational Cooperative. Thanks for having us out here, sponsored by Clayton and Kream. Go to Clayton Cream dot com use promo COKSR twenty five dollars off a purchase of one hundred dollars or more. People are now riding in Ryan with all the times they get up and they go to work. One person rights mad, I get up at three forty five am every every day. I go to the gym at four thirty, and I'm at work by seven. So I don't feel sorry for you having to get up at sim I didn't ask you to feel sorry for it. First saw nobody. I didn't ask you feels. I just said, that's early for me. Anybody, though, who goes to the gym at four thirty in the morning. Are the gym's even opening for Yeah.
Speaker 2: Those gyms that are over twenty four hours, you just have a party and go out.
Speaker 3: I cannot physically imagine walking into a gym at four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: You don't have to wait for anybody to get out of your way. You know, you get on any machine that got nice.
Speaker 4: But it's still four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: Right, and you don't have to work out later in the day now because you already got it knocked out for the morning.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't know how people do that. Good like, more power to you. I'm glad you're able to do it. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: There is no way I could do something like that. Weed to have six am practices that.
Speaker 4: Used to just destroy me.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe people actually do this on a daily, weekly basis.
Speaker 3: All right, now, I like this question, Drew. I feel like this is a question to ask you. Okay, I want to hear your answer. One person writes in and goes Matt. For the last seven years, I've gone to the SEC tournament on a couple's trip. Doesn't sound as much fun as you and your friends. But it's me and my wife and three other couples. I don't think the other couples will be listening to show, but they could be. But I still have to ask the question anyway. One of my wife's friends has a husband whose breath steaks. He said, ok, they are answer, he said, I've dealt with this for the last few years, and otherwise I think the guy's awesome. We pretty much talk about everything, and we make fun of each other about everything. I've considered making this the year that since we're playing late at night, I drink and I just tell him, hey man, we gotta do something about this.
Speaker 4: Should I do it or not? True?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I can handle this one. I mean, if you're ever gonna do it, if it's even crossing your mind to approach him, I think a couple of beers into Broadway, some loud country music behind you, maybe writers are walking in the arena.
Speaker 3: He just does a lot of the.
Speaker 5: Distractions, so it doesn't weigh on his mind. If you told him just on the couch one night, he's gonna be thinking about that for three days. But Nashville will be so busy, like so, maybe a few cocktails in the system, he'll he'll just roll right off of them. No, I think this would be the perfect change to it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could tell him suddenly, you know, just give him like a TikTok, maybe some gum, maybe a little mouthwash.
Speaker 4: It sounds like this is a consistent problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you just straight up tell him. I don't think you have to be drunk to say, hey man, your breast stinks.
Speaker 5: The one thing about doing it on Broadway though, is say, if you're at a place like Tenru for the stage, just to have a conversation, you pretty much have to be shouting, which means that breath is gonna be coming at you even harder when you bring this up.
Speaker 4: If you do it, you're telling them.
Speaker 1: You know, I think most people at one point in life are going to have bad breath. But if the guy's having it like all the time, he's got some dental issues going on there, that's what.
Speaker 3: Isn't that all the more reason to tell him trying to.
Speaker 2: Help him Exactly. Like if I look at you, Matt, and you got something between your teeth, I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to But that's a little different than what Ryan's saying, because I could fix that in the moment.
Speaker 4: Ryan's right, this might be something that requires more.
Speaker 2: Go to the dentist, you know, get that fixed, maybe some underlying medical CONDI yeah, he may not even know it, he may not have an idea that.
Speaker 3: I think there's like a range. I think you can say it to a complete stranger that you never see again, and then you can say it to somebody that's like your best friend. In the world. It's the people in the middle that you can't say it. Yeah, d you say makes maybe, But I mean if my for instance, if you told me that, Shannon, it might embarrass me in the moment, but I might be glad long.
Speaker 2: Term you tell me. But if like so, I can fix it.
Speaker 4: But if like Dwight Whitten told me.
Speaker 2: He would be more likely to tell you.
Speaker 3: But I'd be like, maybe a little offended. I'm like, we're not good enough friends for you to tell me that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, we're we're friendly. But guy like you, you interact with the people a lot o breath. You want to know that. No, I would want to know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 3: Smelled people's bad breath all the time, and they come up to me.
Speaker 2: You're like a dog though you smell everything I do.
Speaker 4: But I don't sit there and go, hey, man, you have bad breath.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not going to do that to a stranger. So I think it depends on how close you are with him. But yes, I will say this, I do think you would want to know. I dated someone a long time ago who said to me, hey, you might want there's a little bit of bad breath sometimes and then I realized I had a cavity and that was what was causing it, and I was actually glad they told me, Matt, that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: So I think if you're close enough to him you could do it.
Speaker 2: There you go, or if you're not, just straight up tell him bluntly and make them deal with it.
Speaker 3: Michael Moreno, future Kentucky basketball Padakai excuse me, Malachai Moreno, future UK basketball player. Last night for Great Crossing, Uh, they make it to the finals or make it Sweet sixteen, win the regional finals. He has a triple double in front of a sold out crowd. Uh, Douglas, your team played them very close, but they win.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: But a triple double for the future cat, that's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: The dude has just come leaps and bounds since he was in middle school. You know, he was kind of a deer on ice there when he was younger because he was just so big. Finally he has grown into his body where now he can play. And I tried to go to the game last night.
Speaker 3: You couldn't get in, couldn't get in.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't even.
Speaker 5: Can't get into Douglas Great Crossing. Did you know they wouldn't let you in a Douglas game.
Speaker 1: It was at Dunbar and uh, the parking lot right at Dunbar High School had filled up. They were forcing people to go down to the baseball field and park and then walk the distance to the basketball arena. Well, I pulled up to the where the police officers were a Dunbar like, hey, any any.
Speaker 3: This is a different story than you just huh, all right? Is it that they wouldn't let you go to the game or they wouldn't let you get preferred parking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I asked him. He says, is there any parking here at all? He's like no, And I said, is there any media parking? I thought I told the media, like, oh yeah, this guy's with the media. We'll let him park in here. And he's like no, and he said, plus, it's standing room only in there.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's not what you said. Though you said they wouldn't let you in the game. You're just mad they wouldn't give you VIP parking. I just wanted to park, and I didn't want to go stay.
Speaker 5: In your park at the baseball field.
Speaker 1: That's a long walk from the baseball there we go.
Speaker 4: I just want to. I just wanted to hear.
Speaker 3: It this just with Smirch the good people at Paul Longern's numbar and say they wouldn't let you in the game.
Speaker 5: You just didn't want your.
Speaker 3: Pampered ass to have to walk like everybody else.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to walk, and I didn't want to stay. And once I got inside, so I went home.
Speaker 5: So people were parking there and walking.
Speaker 3: So basically, you just told a lie. You just said they you couldn't get in the game. You couldn't get VIP treatment into the game.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get into the parking lot I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Park that I wanted to park in. You could get in a parking lot where others were not the parking lot you wanted to park in.
Speaker 1: Listen to this guy, I should have gone pay I'm Matt Jones taking sports radio. I bet I could have got in.
Speaker 3: Then see people accuse me of oh, you don't get up at seven am. This is the dude who won't go to the game.
Speaker 2: You want the red carpet rolled out for him, get the popcorn ready.
Speaker 4: With the people, and enjoyed myself.
Speaker 3: You lered at half time and left.
Speaker 4: I would have left at half time to beat the traffic.
Speaker 3: Who's up next, Adam, Adam, go ahead, Adam.
Speaker 8: I guess I wanted your opinion on something. I'll give my opinion after I asked you all the question then chal time in who would you most compare from the previous Kentucky teams? Who would you most compare this team to? And my answer is the ninety three ninety four Kentucky team. They had some Kentucky guys on the team as a very exciting team, shot a lot of threes, They won Malli, they had the thirty one point comeback, and even in the SEC tournament, which they won, you know, beat two teams that went to the final four, beat seven top twenty five teams, but also had three losses to unranked teams. I mean, is there a better argument for a different comparison.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's not a bad one. They lost in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. I think against Marquette. I have been comparing this Kentucky team to the team then ninety one Kentucky team Rick's second team, which was not eligible for the NCAA tournament, but had they I think they won the SEC regular season, but they would win their games at home, they struggled on the road. They shot the ball really well, although as year went on, we didn't take as many threes. I kind of compared them to then. I think this is a team that even at twenty one to ten, I don't think they have necessarily on paper, the talent of a two or three seed. But I think they've played above themselves. So that's kind of where I see the team. But I could I could take the case for a ninety three to ninety four group.
Speaker 1: I think those are both pretty good comparisons. Really, I can't remember. It's either Dave Baker or Cameron. On their pregame show, they also said the ninety ninety one team, even though they think maybe this team we have is a better shooting team than that team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they took more threes that year, but it kind of reminds a lot of Kentucky kids on that team. They were a little bit older. You were kind of a year before a really good team in ninety one ninety two. You know, it's tough, like if you're trying to compare Cow teams. Cow never had teams like this, you know what I mean. Cow's teams all had a ton of like NBA talent, so it's not so Really, you have to go back, I think to the early Rick years Drew.
Speaker 4: To think of a of a team that was kind of like this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you were doing cal The twenty eleven group that won the SEC Tournament lost a bunch of SEC road games, but just from the roster a lot different.
Speaker 3: Oh, they didn't have This team doesn't have a Brandon Night. I mean, Brandon Knight was kind of a special guy. This team doesn't have a dude just like that.
Speaker 5: It's hard to make the comparisons too, because we talk about all the time with the SEC being so good. Now some of these teams and not to take away from them, if you go back and look at the brackets they had in the SEC Tournament, they didn't even play a ranked team until some cases Sunday. Now we got ranked teams plan today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's another thing about like take the twenty fifteen team. The twenty fifteen team to me is as good a team as Kentucky's ever had. They went thirty eight to one, but the SEC was absolutely awful that year. So part of the reason they went thirty eight one is they didn't play anybody. Now, would they have gone thirty eight to one in this league this year? No?
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 3: No, they would not. So I mean part of it, Ryan is you know, we're getting the hardest version of this league by far.
Speaker 1: I'll ask you guys this though, I always feel like we were kind of almost even overachieved. I didn't don't think this group was this good with see him at at their best. This team is a much better team than I thought they were going to be.
Speaker 3: I think they've overachieved. I mean, I think they've taken more losses than how good they are. But if you just look at their peak, if you look at this roster, they should not have been able to beat Duke Tennessee twice Florida. They shouldn't have been able to win NOO this roster. And I've taken a lot of criticism for saying this, but I genuinely there's not much talent on this roster. They are good college players, but there's nobody great on this roster. Our only all SEC player is otega Oway, who is the sixth man in Oklahoma. I mean, Pope has overachieved. I genuine do you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, they each have a skill set they're very good at, but none of them all around are just you know, amazing basketball players are very good, and like Kobe's amazing at shooting threes, but week in other areas, Pope just managed to get a little bit of everything and put it together and make it work.
Speaker 3: I Mean, one of the ways to look at this is how many of these guys would Cal have put in the game last year?
Speaker 1: Maybe Brandon Garrison might be the only one.
Speaker 3: Well, I think if you just had given let's say Cal had his roster last year and then he had these guys and he got to play whoever he wanted. I think Omar would have played some. I mean, I don't even know if he would have put Otaga.
Speaker 5: Yet Butler wasn't get in.
Speaker 3: I don't Andrew Carr wouldn't have played. He might have played a Mari because he did like guys who could play athletic and protect the rim.
Speaker 5: He would not have played Kobe Bryant would never if Kobe missed one three, he could have just gone.
Speaker 3: To Gerry Noah almanor never even contemplating get off the bench. So I'm just saying, like this team, I think this is a compliment to Pope. I think he's overachieved with him, Shannon.
Speaker 2: I really, I mean, like we said, putting the team together the way that he did, and they've got I believe, twelve quad one wins, which is better than any other team in college basketball. Con I think, if you.
Speaker 3: If I think, if you're honest, Pope would have played Amory and maybe Jackson Robbinson and that's probably it.
Speaker 5: We didn't even call Trean.
Speaker 3: Antonio Reeves, who's a lot like Jackson Robinson, but maybe better. He didn't play him for half a year, you.
Speaker 5: Know, Antonio Reeves kind of made him play.
Speaker 3: He had to.
Speaker 1: Bray would have been Jamal Baker. He hit the shot against the stay on the floor, would have.
Speaker 3: Never gotten because of his defense. Bray would have never He would have never played him at any point. Don't miss your chance to win big while supporting a great cause with Commonwealth causes exciting raffles. En of Hearts fifty to fifty Raffle takes place weekly on Thursdays. If your ticket is drawn, you win five grand I play it. Do you ever win?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 3: Okay, So the Queen of Hearts Raffle and then there's a bourbon Raffle on the last Thursday of each month. The next one is March twenty seven, twenty thousand dollars worth of premium bourbon. The Queen of Hearts that Ryan Lemon plays but never wins. Commonwealthcauses dot org to play and remember the proceeds go to UK Nile. It is Commonwealth causes dot org like, no, you played.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to contribute somehow, and I thought I'm gonna play this Queen of Hearts games week.
Speaker 3: Don't think we're allowed to play because we do the ads.
Speaker 1: Oh well, never mind it no thing.
Speaker 2: You haven't been winning. You get to give that money back if you did win.
Speaker 1: I mean you can keep playing, but I ain't gonna get the money.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. We'll take a break. Very Back, Scazar.
Speaker 5: Quarterback.
Speaker 3: It is Techy Sports Radio here live. It is time for our DraftKings SEC tournament picks for a day one.
Speaker 4: You go to Draft Kings make your bets.
Speaker 3: Use my promo cod KSR for one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets from Draft Kings. Let's go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you the sprints. You gotta pick against the spread.
Speaker 3: Okay, Arkansas is a four and a half point favorite against South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Not don't give me just who wins.
Speaker 1: Spread South Carolina. You got South Carolina cover, I cover. I think they're gonna win.
Speaker 4: Do you think they're gonna win? Yes, I'm gonna take cow in Arkansas. They lost by.
Speaker 3: Twenty two of them before, Yeah, which I called, so I think they get them back this time.
Speaker 4: I'll take Arkansas and I think they cover.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I'll take the Hogs in this one too. I don't know that they have a lot in them, but I'll think they'll at least get out of this round.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Caliperry doesn't care about the tournament, but he's going to win at least one game. So give me Arkansas.
Speaker 1: Well, do still not playing?
Speaker 4: Understand?
Speaker 3: Okay? Texas uh is against Vandy. Vandy's a two and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: Chan, yep, I think they cover. I'm not saying that confidently because Vanderbilt is really bad in the second half. I'm gonna say they cover the two and a half.
Speaker 5: Texas is covering the two and a half and winning. I have them beating Vandy in Nashville.
Speaker 4: This is the toughest one of the day.
Speaker 3: Seth Greenberg says this is a bubble game, not necessarily for Vandy, but that Texas to keep Vandy out of the play in game or whatever, and for Texas a bubble game.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take Vandy and I'm gonna take them to cover.
Speaker 3: Although this one and this could go either way, Vandy will have a little bit of a crowd too, which I think helps.
Speaker 1: I wanted just to be sitting by Shannon during this game because I'll pick in Vandy and watch him get excited.
Speaker 3: LSU is at against Mississippi State. Mississippi State is a eight and a half point fame.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you know what?
Speaker 2: Give me LSU and the points on that one?
Speaker 1: All right, I think I'm winning the same I think Missisippi State to win, but I think LSU covers, even.
Speaker 5: Though it feels like too many points. The LSU team I saw in Lexington looked ready for spring break. I think they might be ready to shut it down. I think they get killed.
Speaker 3: Blown out in Lexington, blown out home in the second half again, stay and m even though they started well, they've quit.
Speaker 4: I'm taking Mississippi State to cover.
Speaker 3: And then finally Oklahoma and Georgia. The nightcap George is a three and a half point favorite. Let me go first. Oklahoma's winning this game. Forget you tell me they're getting three and a half. They're winning it. I'm taking the Sooners.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think it's gonna be a close game, could go either way. So if I can get three and a half points, I'll take them. Take Oklahoma, all right, I.
Speaker 2: Guess I'll take Georgia.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think George is very good defensively. I think they win this one in the points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with you guys, I think Oklahoma wins it. Name though Georgia may be the favorite, I think Oklahoma gets this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So some good games. I think the Texas Vandy and Oklahoma Georgia game have big NCAA tournament implications, both the late games in both sessions.
Speaker 4: Who's up next? Hunter?
Speaker 3: Hunter? How are you? Hunter?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 3: You good? What's going on?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 9: My dad called to Mark Pope Jersey last week and posted on Facebook and one of it is the assistance sending it on Facebook and invited us to their practice last week and we got to meet the team and meet Pope. And I just want to say that Pope and his wife are two of the nicest people.
Speaker 4: So wait a minute to go back to the story.
Speaker 3: So you when you say your dad carved a Mark Pope jersey like in wood.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, he carves wood flags and jerseys, and uh he does it as a side job. It's under miles of carvings on Facebook. If you want to check it out.
Speaker 3: Will do me a favor. I'd like to see the picture, will you will you? Are you on Twitter? Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: Okay, send me if you would.
Speaker 3: When we get off the phone at KY Sports Radio, tag me and send the picture. I'd like to retweet. I have not seen it. I see the TikTok, but just the picture of it. And so then so you got then invited to Pope's assistant saw it, and you got invited to a UK practice. That's awesome. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 9: It was a crazy experience and uh we got to talk to Pope and his wife for about an hour and then uh the team signed the ball and uh half of them we're in the locker room, and he took us back in the locker room and introduced us to all the players and got them to sign the rest of the ball. He was just an all around crazy experience.
Speaker 3: That's a great, it's a really that's a really cool thing. So so, so.
Speaker 9: Where are you from, sir, I'm from Barstown.
Speaker 3: So from Bardstown. You just your dad carves of Mark pope jersey for fun and next thing you know, you end up in the UK locker room. That had to be awesome. Well, thank you for sharing the story, and make sure you send me that picture. Okay, we'll do appreciate it. That's a cool story, isn't it very cool?
Speaker 2: I saw the photo.
Speaker 1: It's it's really cool and I can see why Pope and his wife would really enjoy that. I mean, I saw it posted somewhere floating floating around.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, look at you, mister social media.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I gotta do my show prep.
Speaker 2: Pope does seem to give access to face that he just seemed to be off limits in years past. I mean, we also had a caller on the pre show that said their little kid was allowed to go out and dunk on the goal. They lowered the goals down so the kid could go out and dunk after it game.
Speaker 3: I think that's great. I mean, you know, it's hard because you can't do that kind of stuff for everybody, right, But the fact that he you know, like that guy carved that without expecting to end up at UK practice. So then the fact that he gets to do it, that's a really neat thing. Drew to be honest.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they've been good about that. I mean they can't fulfill every request, especially this time of year. But I've seen people who after a UK game, they've told me like, hey, Pope told me to wait right here because I have this that I wanted to show him, And he makes a point after his radio show to go find him. I don't know, maybe he takes him in the back, but he's done a lot of the things like these will probably never know about.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's very very cool. Who's up next? Bill, Bill Ef I'm nine twenty two eighty seven. Go ahead, Bill, Hey, as.
Speaker 7: A dentist, I have a suggestion about this breast thing. Okay, I would say that somebody is Matt, you know, as your friend. There's something I would tell you. I wish you would tell me if it was a shoe was on the other foot. Uh do you want to hear it? First of all, I'm asking permission. Second thing, I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You were talking to me like I mean This was supposed to be a theoretical conversation. You didn't have to send it in my direction. But actually, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Sir.
Speaker 3: You say I have something I think you'd want to hear. Would you like me to say it? That's a good intro.
Speaker 7: Okay. Then the second thing is you say, when you exhale, you have something unhealthy going on. Oh, that's interesting. So it's less threatening to that's less threatening to a person, and it speaks to the issue, which is there's something healthy going on here.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 7: I liked it.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the call. That's a really good you like that, rather than you have bad breath. When you exhale you have something negative going on.
Speaker 2: That's one way to put it.
Speaker 5: I guess I wonder if you're telling me I have bad breath.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but you said it a nicer way.
Speaker 2: Could you elaborate more?
Speaker 7: Think?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: Is that good?
Speaker 1: It's better to say when you exhale, your breastmells like a fart would be.
Speaker 3: Better than that. We'll take a break, very bad on. There's Willie Nelson's song for everything shit.
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 3: What is it that breath is better than no breath at all? That's true, Willie Nelson. I'd be interest to see how many songs he's written. I think somebody, I think we were talking about this one time. Somebody said it was like ninety seven albums or something that is. I could be wrong about that, but it was something like third number. It was something like that. It was that he's done and he just keeps putting them out like they just he just constantly putting out albums.
Speaker 1: I can't be the man still alive. I thought he was, you know, knocking on Heaven's door third years ago.
Speaker 2: And sixty six songs court.
Speaker 4: Yes, so that would be about one hundred albums. Yeah, that's unbelievable. And that's just the ones on Spotify.
Speaker 3: There might be ones before that, right, Yeah, all right, So the new bracketology I think we would all take. Okay, let's here.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 3: Well, if I gave you this route to the Elite eight playing in Denver, that's not great. But let's just say first Utah Valley taking it taking it, then the winner of Saint Mary's VCU taking it.
Speaker 2: St Mary's Can't knock down a shot.
Speaker 3: Then the winner of Texas Tech Old Miss taking it, and then you're in the elite. Wow, you couldn't ask for a better path. Wow. I am not saying you would definitely win and then Florida would be who you'd be waiting for in the regional but like you could not, you could not, Drew, pray for a better thing than to beat Utah Valley Saint Mary's in Texas Tech to go to the elite.
Speaker 5: Yep, Pope's old school right away. It's a small storyline that shouldn't affect things too much. Then, I mean, get a little revenge game on on Miss if you wanted. I'd like to set up a lot.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm not gonna get into this right now twenty two eight. He said, we'll probably gonna save it for if we lost, or maybe when the tournament's over. But we had an amazing conversation, Drew and I did on the way here with Mario about movies. I said to Mario, I was like, Mario, do you like movies? And he was like, I mean not really, And I said, well, what's the last movie you watched? And he just then proceeded to give a list of the worst movies I've ever seen, like his favorite movies literally, like the first thing he said was Big Mama's House, like Big Mama's House any and then it was Juwana Man and White Chick like Mike is his favorite. Every movie He's like that Cat Williams skit. Every movie is a dude dressed up as a woman, like every single one of them, Miss Stepper.
Speaker 4: So then I said, have you ever seen any movies like that star White People? And he goes.
Speaker 3: No, And I started naming some, and then I went through actors and he said he saw Top Gun last year, so there's one. But then my favorite is I named movie after movie famous one like Godfather, Forrest Gump, Shawshink, Redemption, pulp Fiction, No, no, no, no, right yeah, And then I say and then Drew goes Titanic and he goes, oh, that was fire. Titanic was fire.
Speaker 4: So we've decided a summer thing is we're gonna have.
Speaker 3: Him watch.
Speaker 4: Sorry famous movies, just.
Speaker 3: To get his take on famous movies, because he hasn't seen any of Mario It's movies, any movies at all.
Speaker 5: I thought we had something because I loved Jim Carrey growing up. He goes, well, I like Jim Carrey, so I'm thinking all the classics, but no, he liked him in The Grinch, yes, which is still good, but not the top of my Jim Carrey list.
Speaker 3: Never seen a Sventura, the Mass, you know, Truman Show, Highlight, Dumber.
Speaker 4: The only one he had seen is The Grinch, The Grinch.
Speaker 2: Mario's got a lot of movies to watch. There's so much out there.
Speaker 5: Mario, well, he just got done with the Medea collection. It's like thirty movies.
Speaker 4: So I asked, what do you watch?
Speaker 3: And his answer was Gilbert Arenas's podcast, That's what you watch. That's the one thing he said he watches is Gilbert Arenas' podcast.
Speaker 1: But you're, you know, rapping off all his movies. I was watching my son sitting over there, Josiah. He hadn't seen any of them, but except Titanic. He definitely has seen.
Speaker 3: Titanicitannics fire, right, he's seeing this, Joseph.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Titanic's fire. So that's going to be a summer thing.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 4: We're going to have Mario actually watch some of these.
Speaker 1: Movies so that he can come on and give us a movie review the next Now, I mean.
Speaker 5: Movie theaters aren't doing great, give us a matinee. We'll fill it with an old movie and Mario.
Speaker 4: You know, if a movie theater wanted to Mario's matinee.
Speaker 5: The classics that he could get have a short one minute.
Speaker 3: Review, Honest with you, you'd probably sell out a.
Speaker 2: Movie theater if we did, think, I think Mario could single handed late bring back movie theaters by stocking.
Speaker 4: You could make our AMC Stock go right back through the room.
Speaker 2: Did you go watch Queen of the Ring?
Speaker 3: Not yet?
Speaker 2: Okay, have you seen?
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 4: Did you see yourself in it?
Speaker 2: You have to know where to look, so if you you could very easily watch the entire movie and never see me. But if you have, I pointed out, like, hey there I am, you can then I could see you can see me.
Speaker 3: I want to see because there's a lot of OPW. Could you see the other OPW people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a lot o BW people in the movie. One guy had like a very big role early on in the movie Big Whiskey, Jery Kripkey, Oh, Big Whiskey, Big Rulers the first I don't want to run the movie. But he got into the ring with Mildred Burke and taught her how to wrestle.
Speaker 3: Big whiskey. Yes, well for big whiskey, I like that. Yeah, I have a great big whiskey story, but I can't tell it on the radio. Who's up next?
Speaker 2: It looks so scrunny, Richard, Richard, go ahead, Richard.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, just a real quick point. While the extreme subpertle of is that Mark Pope has been spitting out. Oh, you have been a little bit irritating. Everything is extremely awesome and amazing. That may be part of the reason this team excelled so much and overachieved, because I think if he coached him negatively like Coal did, and screamed and hollered at him, I think this team would have lost their confidence.
Speaker 3: Oh so you're saying, I'm sorry, I didn't really understand what you were saying. You're saying that not that fans saying it was positive is bad. You're saying, like his overt positive ism in coaching you find a little irritating. Just is that just because it's like so happy?
Speaker 10: Well maybe, yeah, I mainly just in interviews in post incoms, every coach is amazingly awesome, and this guy is extremely unforgettable. But I think that attitude helped his team because if he screams and yells and cusses at him after every mistake or every game. I think this team loses his confident.
Speaker 3: It is interesting. I appreciate the call Pope's coaching style. I mean, you know, Cow was sometimes negative, sometimes positive. I wouldn't say he was like a terrible disciplinarian, but but Pope clearly his thing is relentless positivity.
Speaker 2: He's like ted Lasso.
Speaker 4: I mean, he really is.
Speaker 3: We've called him that, but he is kind of like ted Lasso, and it seems to have worked. I mean, you know, there's a little part of that that some people might find cheesy, but I don't think it has been cheesy with his players, who seem to really love him run.
Speaker 1: And I think he picks guys with that in mind. You know, so many coaches try to break you down before they build you up. I think his philosophy and I think he when he went to the transfer portal looking for guys that he can work that work that style with.
Speaker 3: It is probably important for him to find guys Drew who, from a personality perspective, fit his You know, you can't have the dude that's rolling like. I don't know if he could coach DeMarcus Cutts right. I don't know if DeMarcus Cousins would would would really work with that. I think he's got to find guys who are good with that style.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's something to you know, some guys with cal or whoever, that's more of that loud type. You're constantly looking over your shoulder at the bench in the game, just wondering if you're in trouble, are gonna get yelled at. But they have a confidence knowing that no matter what, Pope's gonna be sitting there, and I promise you, whatever you ask him, he's gonna be saying it's super special, or it's awesome, or it's great to see.
Speaker 3: He's ted Lasso. If you've ever seen that show, he is ted Lasso and ted Lasso. At the beginning, the players are like eh, but then at the end they're like, I'll do anything for this.
Speaker 2: Everything is big and beautiful. He even wanted fans to give a big, beautiful nickname for Nashville, set Down from Heaven.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful thing. Beful says the word beautiful more than any male.
Speaker 4: Basketball coach I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: We ought to do that.
Speaker 4: We ought to count the beautifuls at the SEC tournament.
Speaker 3: He does say beautiful a lot.
Speaker 5: That's super awesome. Holten he says that I really think it's special that he says it.
Speaker 1: And the other players are always amazing. He's amazing ball handler.
Speaker 3: We're gonna listen for it. In his first interview, awesome.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, beautiful, special, those are the big three. Amazing and special those are the full but a lot of.
Speaker 5: Them are start with super. It's super beautiful or super awesome, super special. He talked about Dennis Gates before the Missouri game. Just a super coach, beautiful for the game, very awesome looking forward.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna have awesome, beautiful, special, amazing, and then double points a double shot if it's super.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, okay, got it, beautiful.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 3: So when you're when we're at TENRU for the postgame show or whatever, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: Volunteers of America Mid States.
Speaker 3: It's part of Volunteers of America one hundred and twenty five years it's existed, serves two million people each year in the region's largest nonprofit provider of human services, veteran support, shelter, housing, justice, it's all there. Six hundred professionals, not volunteers, but trained professionals show up to help with people in need. There's a new location in downtown Louisville for unhoused individuals. Learn more at VOA mid dot org. That's VOA mid dot org or five O two six three, six oh seven, seven to one. We'll come back for the final segment here in Bowling Green on our way to Nashville. This is Kentucky Sports Radio Uner back Tucky Sports Radio A five nine two eight oh twenty twenty seven. The segment spots about Draft Kings. You go to DraftKings bet five get one hundred and fifty dollars from our friends at DraftKings. It's college basketball season. Drew and I are gonna do a fade this next week. We've also given you your picks for UH for this week, but you can do them all at DraftKings. It is the number one spot in Kentucky UH in order to place your wagers actually wherever they are in the country. And remember it's DraftKings.
Speaker 4: The crown is yours. If you have a gaming problem called where game or.
Speaker 3: Eighteen plus Kentucky only Elgebier supply Newes customers only bonthe spats FIER hundred sixty eight hours astridentest for additional terms of possible gaming resource CDKG, dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 4: You had the Mark Pope quote.
Speaker 2: Yes, First of all, he calls Roperena the cathedral and says it's just beautiful everything about it.
Speaker 3: Check.
Speaker 2: And then he goes, I'm calling on BBN. I need the exact right beautiful heaven sent Kentucky ownership name for Nashville. He wants a nickname, a beautiful heaven sent nickname for Nashville.
Speaker 3: Now, if you had asked me who said that, I might have guessed Trump because he says.
Speaker 2: The word does too while he's playing the accordion.
Speaker 3: While he does that. Okay. We actually had a conversation during the break which is not about the SEC tournament, but would be good for suggestions. On the text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four somebody suggested Mario needs to watch Schindler's List, and I said.
Speaker 4: No, no, Well, first of all, it's really good.
Speaker 2: It is good, but it's not the most uplifting that I don't want to be the first recommendation exactly.
Speaker 3: I said, what are some movies that are objectively great but that you would never want to watch again?
Speaker 4: You're glad you watched him, you think?
Speaker 3: And Schindler's they said the top of the list for me, Like, that's objectively a great movie, but I don't know what the situation would be that I would ever sit down and watch it again.
Speaker 4: Somebody said sixth Sense, that's.
Speaker 3: A good one. Once you know the ending, Who cares? Why would you watch it again? Can you think of any other movies that you really liked that you would not watch again? You said Saving Private Ryan, which I think is a terrible answer, because I would love to watch the first hour of Saving Private Ryan again, Like that's an amazing scene. And you said it made you nervous because you thought you were gonna get killed.
Speaker 1: That's what I don't want to watch that opening.
Speaker 2: Before you watched it, you were in the movie.
Speaker 4: I mean, world War two is over, Yeah, you're in it.
Speaker 1: Made maybe maybe real anxious watching that those kind of movies did?
Speaker 3: Do you think of any other movie that you really liked?
Speaker 4: But you're like, I will never watch that again.
Speaker 5: I like the direction of six Cents. Something has a big twist at the end. I'm struggling to come up with like an.
Speaker 1: Ah gone goodel gone girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's got a big twist any girl again.
Speaker 3: See I would have said like seven, but I would still watch that What's in the Box? Yeah, I would, I would. I think I would say that again.
Speaker 2: Any kind of like horror movie where you know the jump skin and you know the ending, you know the twist, there's no point in really going back and watching it.
Speaker 4: That's true. I'm trying to think of what one one is like that.
Speaker 3: I remember thinking Blair Witch Project was really good, but I wouldn't want to go through it again.
Speaker 2: Don't make me dizzy and all that, you know, don't they ever watch that one again?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So it's if you have one on the text machine, you could let us know. Ryan, I have a feeling like you only watched the same three movies over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: Shawshank Redemption. I've seen it a million times, probably Dyard, Barnyard, Hoosiers, which got a researching for the death of Gene Hackman. It's been on again a lot lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's up next? JP? JP? How are you JP?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 11: First time?
Speaker 6: Long time?
Speaker 3: Who are what's up?
Speaker 9: I'm a stage that logan Johnny Oscow, I'm getting class to call on the show.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 7: I'm a big fan of skipping class.
Speaker 4: Calling the show. That's what kids need to do.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: What could you K do to keep Kirch reesa next year?
Speaker 9: Because I think he can be an absolute dog on court and he's pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the call.
Speaker 3: I think if to keep Kerk creeshut, he'd probably have to think he'd start, and I don't think Mark Pope is gonna have him as the starting point guard, so Drew.
Speaker 7: I just.
Speaker 3: I don't really know that there's anything you k can do. It just is like, does Kerk Kresa want to come and be the backup or not? It's up to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I wish we had Kerr this year for his intensity and kind of to be a little contrasting style to Butler, But looking at next year's roster, I just don't know where you put him. I think both freshman guards will come off the bench and then I think he's got gotta go out and get a start point guard and Kerr going in a sixth year who can make pretty good nil money He's probably gonna want a spot where he knows he's gonna play a lot and start. So I just I think it's a numbers game, and I don't know that it adds up in his favor.
Speaker 4: And if Colin Chandler comes back, I think it's it makes it even less lower.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't mention Travis Perry coming back too.
Speaker 3: I think it would make it less like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of teams that can probably offer Kerr the starting job and a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Yes, a lot of them, you know, a lot there. He wants to go start somewhere, he can do it. I just don't think he can be here, and that there is the problem.
Speaker 5: Most a year Starter before Kentucky was actually pretty cool that Pope got two starting point guards to come here and kind of battle it out and play different styles. It just ended up we got hurting.
Speaker 2: All depends on how much playing for Kentucky means to him, you know, does it? Does it mean?
Speaker 4: Money doesn't necessarily mean as much as.
Speaker 3: Probably Clayton and Kroom's trip to the SEC Tournament Clayton and krom c are u M E dot com. Uh, you get one hundred dollars worth of material material products. Uh, you get twenty five dollars off. And remember, uh, this is in honor of their friend who who are there and who does work there in his battling cancer. Thank you to that, to the to them for honoring their friend like that.
Speaker 4: Who's next, Poe, Poe?
Speaker 3: How are you Poe Misery? No, yeah, I wouldn't either. That's kind of a torture. We go ahead.
Speaker 11: I just want to say a good day to you guys and happening and fun and safe selling to you guys on your journey.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, and.
Speaker 11: Yes sir, And are we I know you won't know to selection Sunday, but are we close to playing the most teams that's gonna make a tournament in a regular season?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean yeah, Auburn's probably right there with us.
Speaker 3: I mean we have the second most wins against teams you know that are in the quad one, but Auburn has the first by like four, So it's probably us in Auburn at the top of that.
Speaker 11: I meant for the school record, actually.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. Maybe maybe for the school record.
Speaker 11: We'll see another question or yeah, question I kind of had is do you think Mark cope might be too nice to win, and.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's too nice. I mean again, we talked about this the other day. There's a lot of different ways to do it.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: Brad Stevens took a team named Butler to back to back championship games and never spoke and seemed like the nicest dude in the world. And then you got maniacs like Bobby Knight who won national titles. So I think Ryan, there's a lot of different ways to skin a cat, which is really weird saying, and I don't know why why people say it. It seems like skinning a cat is and how many different ways could there even be?
Speaker 5: No, why are you skinning a cat?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, weird saying. But anyway, I think the boy was a coach to cats.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do think there's a lot of different ways to coach.
Speaker 1: There are, and he has found his niche and it's it's worked. He's had success everywhere he's been. He's going to have more success here.
Speaker 2: I would say. I asked that locker room furniture if he's a nice guy, because they probably doesn't think he's too nice. He destroyed everything in the locker room.
Speaker 3: The dude. The dude at Missouri also kind of reminds me of Butler, of Brad Stevens. He doesn't speak either, and they've had a great year. So John Shire does. John Shire barely say the word and they seem to do well.
Speaker 5: So, you know, yeah, Shannon Eldon, for me, I might have concerns about Pope being too nice if we haven't heard a few stories about him losing it a bit. So he just he said, he said it many times. He knows when's the win to be white hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, if you look at what I think are outside of Kentucky, the three best coaches in the SEC, Bruce Pearl goes crazy, Nay Notates goes crazy. Rick Barnes seems pretty normal, right, Todd Golden seems pretty normal, you know. So I think he can be well pretty normal on the court. But I think he can. You can be a lot of different things depending on how you do it. Who's next? Carter? Carter? I got like thirty seconds go ahead.
Speaker 6: Hey for some long time. I just have a recommendation from Mario. It's about the movies. There's an appinions to check out called Letterbox too. It allows you to review and rate movies and you go there.
Speaker 4: You think, Mario in review movies, I like it.
Speaker 3: You'd see great, great reviews for white chicks and Juanaman appreciate It's all right. So we're heading to Nashville. We're gonna be at the games. Here's the schedule tomorrow, ten roof. Get there early, come in and join us. Should be a lot of fun. It'll be parties all day. Shannon plays at three thirty cent four thirty Central with Alice Bluegown at ten roof as well. The pregame show will be that night. Should be an amazing degay watch us walking on the street. Mario and I are gonna go do videos throughout the day. Should be a lot of fun. If you're coming to Nashville, be safe and we will see tomorrow at ten roof. This has been Kentucky Sports Radio. Thanks to the folks here in Bowling Green for having us