Speaker 1: Ah, are you sick. I'm feeling uh not one hundred me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I It's funny every time whenever you're gone and I'm doing the show by myself. By the end of it, I start to feel sick for some reason. Yeah, because I just can't believe that you'd put me in a fucking position to.
Speaker 1: My stomach. Yeah, he feels sick and tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sick, but not that kind of tired. The I think it was also that heat wave. Whenever there's like a sudden heat wave, my allergies kicking in this weird way, like I get a head cold. It's really weird when it suddenly gets hot. It happens every time in La.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. Whatever.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm just fucking weak or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. You practice weak. Yeah, that's that's I think that's what it is. Bad jeans, you know, bad jeans. Motherfucker's over here wearing wrangle. Call me Arizona because he were Arizona. I forgot about Arizona.
Speaker 2: Sh it's Miller's outpost because a g damn Miller's outpost, or was a Union Bay?
Speaker 1: I remember I used to walk Union Bay wrestler. Wrestler's got some bad jeans. Yeah, Wrestler and Wrangler. They're not the same company. Oh they were.
Speaker 2: They Wantedler is below Wrangler.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, knockoff Wrangler. Yeah, they're like, you're a wrangler. I'm more of a wrestler, more of a wrestler. Hey, yeah, the angler. No, that's the wrestler. It's the wrestler. Oh they're still out here too. You can get a nice pair of wrestlers on Amazon. Nineteen forty three. That's not the vintage, that's the price. Yeah. I was gonna say, like they're like, yeah, fourteen eighty fourteen dollars in eighty eight. That's kind of pointed. Yeah, it's Nazi. They're Nazi jeans. Nineteen forty three, A better time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Nineteen thirty nine. Huh, let's creek anyone?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of Dirty Guys. Day is a radio French remix. What's up?
Speaker 2: I said we, rather than Yeah, I said French remix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just shaking it up, man, you know we. That's the French version of my name's Jack. That over there is mister Miles stupid, stupider than ever, y'all, don't worry about me. Why did why did Easter have to be on four twenty? Why? Oh yeah? That like for you?
Speaker 2: Hey, dude, God, I brunch last time. I think I really gave a fuck about four twenty. It was maybe like twenty of twenty twenty. Yeah, and after that, you know, it's whatever. You got a kid now, it's like, I wish you could be like, yo, dog, can you be chill today? It's for twenty man, just like, just.
Speaker 1: Chill out, man to your priest. Yeah, my pastor, my pastor. I've only went to Catholic school. Just you know, I am Lutheran canonically on the show. I want that to be known canonically Lutheran on the show, Lutheran being the Kendrick so Luther. Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, you subscribed to that.
Speaker 2: The GNX tour they back. I started to look at seeing little clips of that.
Speaker 1: Looking good.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good, looks pretty good, looks pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Luther, my kids are going through a weird alphase right now, because on our trip I introduced them to it. I was like, oh my god, you guys are gonna fucking love this and it hit it so hard. Wait, what's Luth, what's the I'll get to that. So Luther. They then were like, what songs can we do? Weird out too, and we looked at the number one song on Apple Music. I was like, first, you need to find a hit song that everybody knows. So we went to Apple Music and it was Luther. And so we came up with Ramen Noodles, heavy boy drinking. Well, it's hot. That's all we got so far.
Speaker 2: If this world were men Ramen.
Speaker 1: Ramen anyways, but yeah, weird out still still works. So good. Party in the c I A E.
Speaker 2: Didn't he had Party in the CIA?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that came out. That was like after our time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm guessing because that's the micro CRUs for.
Speaker 1: Big c i a fans. My kids were Zinsky, big, big fans of the CIA's work. Well, actually, how they found out what the CIA was was from a weird outside.
Speaker 3: Right, We're gonna murder black revolutionary scale socialists on the globe basically blowing up planes like yeah, doing hit jobs like bam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, more or less like that. Anyways, Uh, this is the episode where we tell you what was trending over the weekend. We also get to know each other a little bit better by telling you some things that we think are overrated and underrated. Miles, mm hm, why don't we kick it off? Is there something that you think is underrated? Underrated? Yes? So how about we started, Miles, Is there something you think it's overrated? Oh?
Speaker 2: Now we're okay, over, okay, okay, over, I would say, uh, just again. You know, canonically, Lutheran parent on this show.
Speaker 1: Is Lutheran. That's the one where like you're I remember reading like learning about it in theology class, where like you no, that's Calvinism is the one where you're like doomed, right, and there's nothing you can do about it. What do the Lutherans believe.
Speaker 2: That that Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ is the is the is.
Speaker 1: The be all end all of the church? Okay, yeah, I mean I feel I think really it's really like fine fine slicing. And there's like the differences between the Christians.
Speaker 2: I think there's only like two sacraments versus seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, now you're talking wild, So now you want to mind, so now you want to get your ass beat. That's right, But anyway. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's just funny, like as my as the baby gets older and more talkie and adult, like not adult, but like, you know, less baby like and more like a person. I remember being like, man.
Speaker 1: The toddlers staying toddler, they're in a fucking.
Speaker 2: But I think just overrated fearing that whole thing. It's just like so weird. I get that they're inherently more mercurial, to put it like, but I never really see that. I'm a pretty patient person, so I'm really enjoying it because I'm also petty, so like I'm patience in the way.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, we can keep doing this. I'm okay with that. I will outlast yeah, yeah, yeah, And I'm like and I'm not gonna yell, but I'm like, yeah, go ahead, go ahead, like keep throwing it. I'm like, do whatever you gotta do. But also, I just like I like having a more dynamic, arguing partner in a baby. Yeah. I think it's more fun for me before when it's like, oh, it's a little baby, that's great.
Speaker 2: I love I love that baby phase where you could put them down and they stay where they are put. Now, this motherfucker gets out of the crib.
Speaker 1: And shit, now is like on some Ethan hunt mission, impossible stunt work. Like, so I was watching monitors so.
Speaker 2: Grace fully getting out of the crip, like ye hooking the leg over lowering ease. I'm like I shed a tear, mostly for my sleeping but also just because he's so coordinated now.
Speaker 1: But I just think how many engineers it would take to program an AI robot to do that, As we'll learn later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot, a lot, a lot, But.
Speaker 1: I just think that fear.
Speaker 2: I think it's just it's all perspective, and I think it's more just about seeing them for being like they're just coming online more, they have more skills abilities. Yeah, they're figuring out cause and effect at your expense, but it's it's all part of like the magic of it, and I'm I'm very much enjoying it. So yeah, also overrated having your house burned out in a fire.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, okay, Yeah, we were still kin we're waiting on that one. We were like, we're jury's gonna say it still out, but like, well we're gonna just kind of keep checking in on that one. See see how yea if it ages better like wine.
Speaker 2: You know, I know Zay Gang very interested in what's happening, and I just want to update people.
Speaker 1: So obviously you know that the house burned down. We just had the lot cleared.
Speaker 2: So now why my home is now just a clean like the Army Corps of Engineers came through cleanly, took all the debris away to the point where I'm like, what the fuck.
Speaker 1: Was he Army Corps of Engineers? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, clean slate. Like it truly looks like a clean slate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like you're playing. Looks like you're playing the sims and your rage quit on whatever you were doing it, and you're like, fucking that that that that that that help.
Speaker 1: We're starting over.
Speaker 2: So next phase is to see how terribly the tariffs inhibit the ability to rebuild. Yeah, that's like the next phase. Just as as I as I as I check in with everybody on where where things are. But anyway, fearing the Toddler stage, overrated.
Speaker 1: Your house is just gonna be one made in the USA. Man. That's yeah, that's all that's all I care about, exactly. Yeah right, he's gonna suck ship, all right? Yeah, my overrated very similar. Is just like when your kids get too smart for you or I guess like my overrated I guess is there there's usually a theme with my parenting overrateds, which comes back to just like my ability as a parent, because I tried to get some shit over all my kids this Easter that would have worked in years past, right, and so uh, you know, I went. I got candy for the Easter egg hunt like we do an East egg hunt, and you know, I got candy for the eggs, but I didn't have enough for the basket. I fucked up on that front. And so I didn't have fucking baskets. I didn't have basket candy man, and so have never done this. A Lutheran would have never done this. So I did have some bubbles. I got some bubbles for the basket, but I didn't have enough candy, and like it just wasn't Like I looked at the basket and I was like, this basket sucks. Like I would be like I would come down and be like it was the Easter bunny.
Speaker 2: You're those promo business cards we got from Miles and Jack got mad boost here, but Miles not that far off.
Speaker 1: Sixty of these ended up like I found some fruit snacks at the back of like the snack drawer. I was like, pull, I was pulling some shit. And so there was also like leftover Valentine's Day candy, uh, from their their class, and so I was just like filling it out, filling out the basket, and my youngest who's now seven, was just like went through each thing. I was like, all right, this is a pencil from last Easter, this was this was uh, this is the fruit snacks that gave me in the class clocked this. He was like, this is a sticker from the doctor's office. And at first I was like impressed. I was like, damn, this kid must have like a photographic memory. And then I looked at the sticker and it was a finding Nemo sticker that said you were a good patient. You did the divorced dad. Oh my god, I'm surprised you didn't put like a condom or something in there. Just so you're in a panic. You're like, if I had had like a strawberry flavored edible one, it might it might have come to that, but uh, it was uh not not great. And like as I say it, I'm like he's seven. Of course this ship isn't gonna work.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the bubbles even I was like, bro, your kids ain't they're not fucking with no bubbles Like.
Speaker 1: I mean, they did have fun with the bubbles. They're they're still fucking with bubbles. I don't know what that says about them, but no, I just in my mind, I was just trying to be a seven year old and be like, I don't want bubble.
Speaker 2: I guess the only thing that basket of smokes. Yeah, exactly, filterless reds. Yeah, yeah, it's gotta be You gotta have that chocolate in there, man, That's really the thing that matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we did. They got a lot of chocolate in the easter eggs on the hunt. So all right, uh let's get let's get some under what do you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: So this weekend we drove up to the Bay Area to see family, and you know, driving that five I've I've done that. I've drive driven up to the Bay many times.
Speaker 1: Okay, and doing that, you there's like a part of driving on the highway long distances when you're trying to get there quick, where like you get in that left lane and you're just trying to keep it moving, trying to keep it moving, trying.
Speaker 2: To like, do you you don't want people passing you? All this other ship I lost. That's every every car that passes you as an l I'm dude, her majesty almost divorced me.
Speaker 1: When a car got around.
Speaker 2: It's like a Nascar Yeah, like my fucking navigator, like in a round car. Like it's like, yeah, left, turn forty five now. So I just realized too, it is driving is very underrated as a meditation on subduing your ego because all of that is purely based on your ego of like, ye, you're not pass I'm not some I'm not some motherfucker you pass on the highway because.
Speaker 1: They're going slow. I'm the one that goes fast enough all the time, even if I have young children in the car.
Speaker 2: Like I think that was just a thing that really struck me because I used to drive like a fucking stupid ass motherfucker when I was like in my twenties, man, the way I wasn't letting nobody in the way.
Speaker 1: I was like, you need to hurry up, motherfucker. I got play all my ego, all my ego, all my ego, and I was like, I really tried to like be aware of that the like taking this driving trip because I haven't taken this is the first time we take a really long road trip since the guys child was born.
Speaker 2: And I was like, my first instincts were to like regress, and then I was like, no, this is my e go and I had to become doctor Manhattan, uh and take off all my clothes and paint my body flue completely nude.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was just realizing too, I'm like, oh shit, this is a really good like every time that feeling came up, like you see somebody creeping behind you, like, but I was like, why don't I get over.
Speaker 1: It? Really? Yeah, And there's like a self reecause I had a very similar change of like I just had to like change how I approached driving, specifically around the time when we had kids. And yeah, by not treating other people like an asshole, I've noticed that I stop being outraged at every single thing that they do back to me. Yeah, you know exactly. It's almost like, yeah, like there there's I think I've talked about it before, like this idea that the thing that you are most angry about the thing that I am most like angry or fearful of is the thing that I do to other people, you know, like the way I must treat other people. There's like this like karmic uh physics that happens in my brain where like you know, if I fucked someone over in one way, then I'm gonna be worried about people doing that back to me. And like with driving, like once I stopped driving like an asshole, I stopped feeling like everybody was like trying to cut me off and get me over. Just take yourself out of the game. That's how I look at it. I'm like, bro, I'm not even I'm not I don't even have time for this game. But I'm I'm out of here. I'm out of here. Y'all do you? Y'all? Do you? But every now and then, I'm not gonna lie. I was like this.
Speaker 2: But what I do now is I catch myself laughing at them. I'll go, look at you.
Speaker 1: You got you can get around that other greedy motherfucker. You wasn't going fast. You ain't built to hit.
Speaker 2: One oh five when everybody's going eighty six. Bro, you not built for That's so then I was doing that commentary. Intermagic's like, are you okay? I'm like, it's fine, I'm not there this this guy think you can get around See he ain't built for it.
Speaker 1: No, boy, as satisfying as somebody does, drives past you going one hundred miles per hour like an asshole, and then you you drive past them being pulled over by the police. Nothing's better, nothing better, nothing better than the world. Look at you, that's what you want to say, staying your head as you're driving down. Yeah, anyways, my underrated. So all right, this is basically just me being like, let's talk about Tokyo miles because I'm interested in getting your thoughts on Tokyo than I'm glad you did it so I didn't have to. That's my new drop or whatever. White people just came back from Japan. All right, let me know, baby, did you love the convenience stores? I did love the convenience I loved I loved so much about all right. So the thing that I you know, having lived in New York for like five to six years of my life, I think I had always taken it for granted that living with that many people on top of each other needs to be extremely loud, needs to smell bad, like needs to just there, needs to be garbage everywhere. And Tokyo much like the size of Tokyo. Like Tokyo is I think, like twice as big as New York. It's the biggest city in the world. New York is like fiftieth. I think it's like not not even close to being as big as Tokyo. And it is like so like two days in I was just like, wait, why is it so quiet? Why why is everything so quiet? Why is like everything run in an orderly fashion and so clean and like respectful? I don't know, it blew my mind. I'm assuming like it comes from may like respect like respecting other people. Oh yeah, it's all about the collective. Yeah, and not inconveniencing other people or being the source of inconvenience for other people. That's a huge, huge thing. I just yeah, I And I guess I had heard that or like kind of had a sense of that, but like I remember wondering why I would see people in cities like Tokyo wearing masks, or even like people in New York City like wearing masks like early before the pandemic.
Speaker 2: Like year decades before like why are they wearing a mask?
Speaker 1: Why they wear a mask? I was like they must think the air quality is really bad here, and then come to learn it was just they are not feeling well and trying not to spread their own germs to other people, and that that mentality is just like so so foreign, so foreign into Americans that like it broke us when we had to wear masks during the pandemic. But it's it's truly just a much I don't know, it changes your perspective on what is possible. I think, Yeah, just like how things function when sort of that's kind of front of mind of like let's not fuck things up for other people and we're all just trying to do our thing. So like nobody honks their horn, nobody honks their horn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, you know, you know what a good A good thing I like from Japanese driving is rather than giving people the wave when they let you in or something, you flash your hazards twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 2: Good one, just like click click click click and they.
Speaker 1: Go, oh, okay, yeah right, I see you, I see you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's it's it's definitely it's definitely a change of pace I think that's the one thing that a lot of American people, when they themselves have that kind of like personal ethos, they go there and they're like, yeah, okay, this I can I could. I could do this very if only everybody else was on the same page. I don't mind picking up after myself. I don't mind fucking not screaming and being obnoxious in public. But you know, those are like also much larger cultural differences too that you know a lot of people sacrifice their own individuality for the collective in Japanese culture too, and that comes with its own set of uh, you know, problems also. But yeah, I think, but I think, yeah, that just that basic level of consideration. It's like it's a simple thing that changes if the feeling of it feels like it changes so much, just like existing in a place like that.
Speaker 1: For sure. I was impressed, As I said, when I came back, you should check it out. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean they just have a problem with guys getting naked and painting themselves unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really close minded about that. They don't like, they don't like when I go live on kick on my kickstreams in Japan, did I fucking That's the one thing I fucking like, if I'm over there, I'm worried I'm going to go off on some American live.
Speaker 2: Streamer act as stupid in Japan because this is it's like only increasing with frequency over the last few years, and it like I get so incensed because people are taking advantage of this very thing you're talking about is to like not like like in New York, if you were fucking around people lay hands on you like they were faith healers, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But there's like a trend of because I remember when like the one of the Paul.
Speaker 2: Brothers went over there and like yeah, went to the suicide forest and all that bullshit. Yeah, now there's like this out there's a there are a few other people that are getting in trouble now, Like this one kid right now is just bringing in a gigantic boom box onto the train and just fucking being obnoxious.
Speaker 1: The point being that he's being obnoxious in a second where people are just going to be like quietly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and yeah, Brian, that er points out there's another guy, Johnny Somali, who's now actually I think about to go to prison in Korea because he fucked around in Japan, fled, went to Korea, and now they got him on like twenty charges for being like getting drunk in a convenience store, trespassing, like making ai nudes of like another celebrity.
Speaker 1: This. Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 2: It's just like a lot of people in Japan tour like make a fucking example of these people so they know not to fuck around. But it's you know, there's another guy too, this guy Vitally who used to be this huge prankster on YouTube. He's in the Philippines right now. In the Philippines, they're not fucking around. They're like, bro, this guy is going to fucking rot in Filipino jail.
Speaker 1: You no, we were.
Speaker 2: The president was like now we're get we're set to make an example of him, right right, And I'm like, yeah, that's not the place.
Speaker 1: He wanted to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no exactly. And I think that's a lot of people do take advantage of this very thing you're talking about, like disrespect for other people. They're like, oh, let me take that to the point where I can just transgress without any repercussions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some news. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back. And as you've no doubt heard by now, Pope Francis, who's who was having some health troubles and then was like back out on Easter, yea, doing the doing the mobile, the popemobile that like it was like a new popemobile. It was like the Nolan ba batmobile, Pope mobile. It was like like bigger, big wheels.
Speaker 2: It's wild. He even it's wild to season like. And then he died right after, like right after it was wild.
Speaker 1: So he was eighty eight, and you know, a lot a lot of eulogies, people pointing out that he ushered in a more open, welcoming Catholic church that prioritized empathy for the poor and disenfranchised. He was like very open minded and empathetic for a pope, for a post risk for the old for a pope. Yeah tell me want to hang out with not so much? Yeah yeah maybe, uh exactly he Uh. He also had that great viral video where somebody shook his hand them the wrong way and he smacked the ship out of their hands. Yeah that was fun. Uh. You'll also no doubt. See multiple SEO friendly articles about how to stream Conclave tonight. There's how to watch Conclave film tonight on three streaming services, how to watch Conclave but weirdly and the story will you know? Because now they got to do the Conclave. Did you watch Concliff by the way? No? No, no, Conclave is good? Finished?
Speaker 2: White Lotus, Okay, what'd you think?
Speaker 1: That's? Yeah? Last episode not great?
Speaker 2: Fucking stupid bro. I didn't get I mean, we could talk about it. I'm like half of this ship. I'm like, where is this going? What was the point of this?
Speaker 1: Wait? What was the point of that? Yes? What was it? What is the commentary here? Because I don't know what it is outside of being solacious for the same thious.
Speaker 2: I think the only part I will say without spoiling anything, is I just wish Parker Posey's character was more like fleshed out.
Speaker 1: The change that happened in the very last shot and like and they were like and things are going to be interesting here going forward. They could have done that in the second episode, and instead they just were in the same mode the entire time. Tension.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know, Mike White, It's I go figure it out.
Speaker 1: Bro shout out to Mike White though, because we did watch School of Rock this weekend. All right, all right, that one still goes awesome. Orange County. I love Orange County. That right, Orange County. I'm pretty sure he did Orange County too.
Speaker 2: It's like so stupid, but it's uh, it's it's one of my favorite Jack Black performance.
Speaker 1: That is one of your favorite, one of your favorites, one of your problematic faves, problematic fave Jack Black in that one. Who anyways, one of his final acts on this earth was too shade jd Vance On Saturday, he bailed on the Vatican's official meeting with JD Vance And it just JD Vance is like a you know, Southern Baptist who converted to Catholicism. Yeah, like convert right, very serious about his Catholicism. And the Pope was like, sorry, can't make it. You will instead be meeting with my number two. And since you are the number two and a number two, you will be meeting with my number two. Uh, and just got a lecture on compassion from the Vatican. And this is according to a Vatican state. It's not like according to like anonymous sources, familiar with decisions is according to a Vatican state, and they.
Speaker 2: Were like, we delivered a lecture, yes, drop on truth bomb on his ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, are you do you know what Catholicism is, JD. That'd be the first thing. Yeah, yes, seat, we're so we're so happy to have you here. Yeah, he did the the The Pope did meet with JD. Vance on Sunday. I'm assuming after just like endless bitching and moaning from JD. Vance and you know, the the Americans, why can I meet him? Yeah? The photo looked like he was He was like, bro, you're killing me right now, like when they were theft photo of them talking.
Speaker 2: He's like, bro, literally, you're honestly I'm gonna die after this because I'm off straight up, yeah, I can't do this.
Speaker 1: And then the Pope used his Easter speech to talk about, you know, policies that seemed to be the Vance and Trump administration policies and everything. He was talking about Gaza. He was talking about, stop fear mongering around migrants, help you hungry? Are you fucking dumb? Full? Do you know how to hold a trophy? Asshole?
Speaker 2: Stop fucking couches that that one cought people off guard when he said that during his marks and stop fucking resisting the urge to copy with furniture.
Speaker 1: I do just have to note that JD. Vance the one like quote we have from his meeting on the last the Pope's last day on earth, The one quote we have is Jdvans telling him it's good to see you in better health. And this is just I don't know whatever he appears to be trying to accomplish in public appearances, whether it's like projecting man of the people vibes at the donut shop, was wasting a trophy to look like he is a manly football fan guy complimenting the pope on how alive he is. He just seems always backfire like one eighty. Do you think any of that connected with JD. Vance?
Speaker 2: Or is he more devoted to his like hunger for power and influence than he is.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's going to hell. You know how they say like people in cults tend to have like a certain like higher than ever level of intelligence because they're good at like rationalizing, rationalizing, Uh you know you can. They can win any argument they need to in their own head to get them to wherever they need to be to, you know, get get the thing that spiritually or emotionally they actually need. Like this, this guy is probably the Michael Jordan of self rationalizing, you know, like he's probably I don't know, my greatest.
Speaker 2: I feel like the Michael Jordan of self rationalizing. You wouldn't You wouldn't even know you couldn't. This guy wears it on his face, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 2: He looked like the Daniel Kluia Get Out poster, but if it was a white guy. But it's in his own mind.
Speaker 4: It's like, like, I think that's what's happening inside his mind, because how are you that bumbling all the time, because if you really had it together, like a real sociopath, that's a really good point.
Speaker 1: He's he'sing sociopath. There's there's some rumbling at the deep down on the tectonic plates. Oh maybe we'll see some things shift.
Speaker 2: I don't break yeah, I just think he'll just have like he's just gonna break down at some point, you know what I mean? And just whatever, poor not even I was gonna say poor family.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Yeah, I mean, the kids didn't ask for this guy to be their dad. We should do somebody to meet the Vance's Kendrick, can you write that and just write a letter to Usha and everybody let him know who this man is. Well, speaking of they didn't ask for this person to be their father. There was a great photo op with Pete haig Seth at the White House Easter egg Roll, which we covered at the end of last week, where he was defending himself and being like, I'm just you know, fighting the fake news media for my kids, kids who look who look like they do not like this guy. Yeah, and they're like and also I feel like they're like, bro, we hate your kids. We're not your kids. Are you saying, well, did you see the clip? Because at the Easter egg roll he goes to the press and immediately they're like, hey, what about Signal Gate two Electric Boogoloo? What happened? Bro? Yeah? Did you guys talked about that? No?
Speaker 2: No, another fucking just out in the open chat discussing like military strikes, but with his wife and little brother on the fucking on the group thread it was.
Speaker 1: The chat was known as Defense Team Huddle. So with my wife.
Speaker 2: And little brother exactly, I don't know how Jesse Water is gonna have to do this ship again. He's like, look, how many of us haven't been planning a Mexican Beast reality trip where we go down and do unthinkable things with your wife and little brother on it and discuss the next thing. Everybody knows what's going on. I don't know, this is.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is not going to be defensible or it is in his eyes, because when he's asked about it at the fucking Easter Egg role, he just comes out looking just thrashing, like someone who's totally.
Speaker 1: Been caught us media. I mean, yeah, it's it is funny because he starts looking at the camera too, like he's like, oh, let me let me fucking speak truth to power professional wrestling style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's hear a little bit from him.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're happy to be here at the stretch.
Speaker 5: But I'll tell you that he was then of a beautiful day, beautiful day, and uh, President Trump was changing the country about seconds, creating opportunities for families all across in that cro better their.
Speaker 1: Lives, makes great again. It's all about controversy. You know what a big surprise that a bunch of a few leakers get fired and.
Speaker 2: Suddenly a bunch of hit pieces come out like.
Speaker 1: The Russia hopes won't get back their Politzers. They got Poltus for a bunch of lies. What pols for a bunch of lies on hoaxes? Time and ty love how the press though, shout out to that and being like, uh, huh, what about the comments from the recently resigned huh And that's okay.
Speaker 2: It keeps saying that asshole, but uh my question. Yeah, he goes on, Wait, where's the part where he gestures to his kids right here, He's like, in these random.
Speaker 1: Fuckers, I mean my kids.
Speaker 2: So I'm happy to be here at the East reg Roll with my dad.
Speaker 1: My kids because you know, this is what we're doing it for these kids right here.
Speaker 2: This is why we're fighting the fake news media.
Speaker 1: This is why we're fighting slash and burn Democrats.
Speaker 2: This is where we're fighting posters, poxsters.
Speaker 1: This group, no, no, no, this group right here.
Speaker 2: Oh man, oh boy, it's shit like this.
Speaker 1: Though that does it does.
Speaker 2: Reaffirm obviously the truth that you know, these autocrats are the most weak built people on earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, where this.
Speaker 2: Is something you did, you can either then he's he's you know, he rather than he's obviously not going to take accountability, but his style of defending it is just like pivot in this weird way. It's like, and you guys are a bunch of hooxters, you know what, that's all you do, just doing pranks on people, doing slash and burn Democrat tactics.
Speaker 1: You're just trying to dude, hit pieces on me.
Speaker 2: If he was like on some steely shit and be like, you know what, police remove them. I know that's what he wished, he wanted to do, but this is just such a again, it's very.
Speaker 1: He has that power. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, and I mean this is happening all because the people within the Pentagon.
Speaker 1: Are like, dude, this guy's gonna fucking ruin everything.
Speaker 2: Like he doesn't have These people don't have full control over everything.
Speaker 1: That's why shit like this keeps happening on a sense that his position is tenuous, like based on like because the last thing was a bad luck. But I feel like he got through. But just being like I didn't add the guy like well the last time, it's hard because he did start this exactly, That's what I'm saying, So like this time it feels like if the if things weren't all wobbly the last time, but people were just like giving him the benefit of the doubt because somebody else, added the editor entry for The Atlantic, like, this time feels like that this would directly kind of undermine that. Yeah. Yeah, well then they're also saying like they're like people in the Pentagon are trying to think that.
Speaker 2: Caroline Levitt said that there are people trying to undermine him, where we're like, oh, yeah, so this, so this is the tactic. Now everyone's against it. They were always against us, right, they were always against us.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. That's why we can't do any of these things that are wildly illegal. But yeah, it's good luck Pete. I mean right now, he did say I do have the President's backing, and I spoke to him and we're very much aligned over what we're doing.
Speaker 2: And making America great.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, Tammy Duckworth centered, Tammy Duckworth is like, dude, get this fucking guy out again. How many more are we going to do before he's just like fully just doing like the I guess it can't be more of a parody at this point, but it's like he has a group chat with Putin no, No, I'm just saying like that we're gonna be the next to one that we're gonna find out. And but like to your point, like he probably does, I don't know. Yeah, Like I wouldn't doubt that at all, at.
Speaker 2: Somewhere back channel or at least with yeah, somebody to back channel.
Speaker 1: But again this is we're like he gets taken in by a fake Putin signal chat you know who's telling him.
Speaker 2: He's like, yo, man, if you're interested in making crypto, like we're talking about like four grand a day potentially, Man.
Speaker 1: I am Vladimir Putin, and we've been reviewing your resume lately and we're really impressed. We have a job that has worked we would like to offer you. He's like, oh shit, I've been meaning to talk to you man ill this bombing campaign.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but also very interested in this business opportunity too.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back. And last week there was a nine to zero opinion against Donald Trump that they were dealing the Trump administration seemed to be dealing with by being like I heard it was nine to zero four us like teacher logic yeah, yeah, exactly. You know, so now there's been another Supreme Court decision that was issued in the middle of the night. Yeah, over the weekend and drop Yeah exactly, shot dropped on our fucking Kendrick album. Yeah. What Relating to Trump, the Trump administration's attempt to traffic a group of Venezuelans to l Salvador. Yep, yep, surprise, surprise.
Speaker 2: This again, same thing, under the pretense that they are part of some gang.
Speaker 1: This time it's trend Aragua.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if that gang is, Like, bro, you can't say everybody is part of his gang.
Speaker 1: Like you've ever worn a bulls hat, you are technically.
Speaker 2: Did you see that fake ass MS thirteen tattoo they tried to put on Kilmar Abrego Garcia's hand.
Speaker 1: I'm like, look at his.
Speaker 2: And that shit was like not even just dude, not even it was like in Microsoft word, it was like an aerial font. And Trump was holding it up like some boomer with his memes, and He's like, look at these. It's these are like worse than even like the even the Stalin photoshops, or at least kind of good, like people really filling that shit, Like if you wanted to eraise somebody. This was straight up trash like it almost looked like somebody drew on a picture. But anyway, so this was basically blocking more people to be trafficked to El Salvador. And as they said in their decision quote, the government is directed not to remove any member of the putative class of detainees from the United States until further order of this court. Like, don't listen to your mother, listen to me, your other mother, your real mother, Okay. And it's pretty notable since you know, the High Court came in with their ruling before a lower court had the chance to respond, and it was a seven to two decision. Obviously, Eli and Thomas dissenting, and the majority released their decision before Aledo like even put out his response. I think, now, have they finally figured it out that they created a fucking senile goblin hell bent on destroying what's left of our legal norms. Who knows, but it's definitely yeah, yeah, yeah, But it is clear that at least a few of them maybe realize that at the very least the power that they were seeking as judges will mean fuck all if no one actually listens to court rulings. So maybe from that perspective, they're like, nah, man, if they just run over us all the time, what did I What did I debase myself in these confirmation hearings for right?
Speaker 1: It can't it can't just be for nothing.
Speaker 2: Or maybe it did help that Justice Beer or Justice Kavanaugh is homies with Judge Boseburg, who is that other judge that's at the center of the confrontation with Trump over deportations.
Speaker 1: And he's like, no, bro, let me fuck. These aren't like liberal activist judges. These are no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they both put they were both got appointed to the federal bench under Bush. So these guys and like him and kavan On, this guy Judge Bosburg, who's this is the guy who was talking with the first sort of decision that Trump argued over when they were sending people on planes, And he's like, turned those place.
Speaker 1: They're like plans around. They're like, sorry, we're you're actually breaking up with international space.
Speaker 2: Therefore your laws do not apply in the sky. We all know skylaw. Skylaw is supreme. Him and so kavan On Boseburg went to Yale together. They were roommates. They're like they're like friends, they're friends.
Speaker 1: Uh, and I was just oligarchy saving our ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the brolagarchy, the judicial brologarchy saving us all.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: We'll just wait and see until the next ruling where they say Trump can't actually ignore the courts for real next time.
Speaker 1: And then we're like, oh, oh, never mind, they were just waiting to do this one. What like what I guess that does because because we are technically in like constitutional crisis territory where so like what what happened next? So they've said do this thing, He's going to keep ignoring it, and then what does the Supreme Court police come and arrest Donald Trump? You know, don't like there's here's a thing. They don't got that exactly right. I mean it's probably going to be through like their rulings might get increasingly more you know, like unequivocal and confrontational. But you know what, that's.
Speaker 2: Probably that's probably a reason why maybe we should have a rhiannon back on to help.
Speaker 1: Us understand it might be time for a Rhiann and Rhann and what happened? What we do now if they ignore the court? Hey, what happened? All right? And finally, yeah, just I do want to talk about you you were talking about the geist child's uh you know, ability to smoothly get out of a crib. Oh yeah, Ethan Hunt style, Ethan Hunt style. You know. You watch you watch kids grow and learn, and it's it's pretty amazing, like all shit that's like happening behind the scenes, like all the amount of things that they're they're learning from one day to the next, and it really gives you a new appreciation for how dumb fucking robots are. Yeah, because because there's still they're still stuck, they trying to learn the run.
Speaker 2: They shit, man, can't do shit, dude, look at this thing hollowing around. So there was the first ever half marathon involving robots in Beaking over the weekend.
Speaker 1: And this is like a normal half marathon, right, Like there were humans twelve humans, yeah, with twenty one humanoid robots so they could flex their skills.
Speaker 2: I think this was obviously part like industry sort of showcase to kind of show where like Chinese robot how far Chinese robotics have come. But again, it was a nice day for us to reaffirm our belief in the superiority of the human body over the robot body in terms of just.
Speaker 1: Jogging of yet yeah they got no spraying in that step.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would be curious to see what would happen if like one of those Boston Dynamics robots was in it, because this was specifically for the Chinese robotics industry, and a lot of researchers when they heard about this races like, I don't think this shit's gonna go well, because those robots over there, they they're really focused on specific tasks and why they are bipedes. Biped they walk on two limbs, it's not they're not meant to fucking do full on marathons. Like that's not just that's not the that's not the use for them. So twenty one humanoids entered the race, six made it through the whole race, and only one barely hit the maximum time allowed to receive a participation medal.
Speaker 1: And again, that's wild because robots don't get tired, like they shouldn't get tired. Yeah, well that's the thing. So apparently the results were hilarious and terrifying. This is from Wired.
Speaker 2: This this just like some of the descriptions of the humanoid robot participants quote on Saturday, almost every robot fell down and faced overheating problems, prompting operators to switch them out for new replacements. One robot called wan Wan, which was a human which has a human like head, only moved at the speed of a snail for a few minutes while its head shook uncontrollably as if it could fall off anytime. Another robot named Shennong looks like a fair It looks like a real Frankenstein's monster, with the head that resembles a gun dum and four drone propellers. It sits on a foundation with eight wheels, and it's not clear how that alone wasn't dis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't just be on wheels right like that.
Speaker 2: We know that like cars y, right exactly, like we know.
Speaker 1: How wheels work. I thought this is for a bipedal robots, it says. But that was even Shennong's biggest problem, as the robot immediately twirled in two circles after taking out the starting line, hit the wall, and dragged down its human operators with it. It was painful to watch, particularly unimpressive. Yeah, then there was It's a duct tape proved to be the most effective problem solving tool Not only did the accompanying humans make makeshift robot shoes with duct tape, they also use it to it here the head of a robot back onto its body after it repeatedly fell off during the run, making for some very jarring scenes. So one motherfucker's like, like, I know what, head's just fucking pets. Heads are falling off, Like is this dumb and dumber?
Speaker 5: And shit?
Speaker 1: Really? Really not whose they were allowed to replace them with like new models during the race. I feel like that would be disqualifying for a human. Yeah right, yeah, Hey, can I tap out my friend mo Fara Olympian mo Fara to run this for me?
Speaker 2: I think I think this will help a lot. But then if that wasn't enough, so every robot had to be accompanied by like a human operator. Yeah, also had to basically run, not all. Basically they also had to run a half marathon and walk.
Speaker 1: Depending on how slow the robot was sailing. Yeah yeah, but then also do active repairs on these fuckers to get them across the finish line. So it just said they were guiding their robots where to go, furiously charging their batteries and endlessly sprang liquid on them to cool down their motors. Yeah, not a great ad for them, but not a great ad. It is wild how like that there was one that like fell down and they had to like keep trying to pick it up, and then they did some program and it like was able to like push itself up and like stand up, and that was terrifying. Looking to me, I was like, oh shit, that thing was like it just like popped out of the grave. But just generally, yeah, it just feels like they are at a baby stage, Like they're at the stage of baby. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And again I think this is for this specific set of robots, because look, we all we've all seen those terrifying there are definitely these are not the most terrifying robots on display.
Speaker 1: That's the Boston Dynamics by Dynamics Dynamics Ismics are they Yes, they got.
Speaker 2: A ball Yeah, oh no, that's the one that can like lift ship and like run upstairs and.
Speaker 1: Shit, I don't like that. That's what I'm saying, Like, look, if they did this in America, we would be like, yo, fuck all of this. That's why I was like, yeah, yeah, let me watch these ones, because like even those fucking dogs are like the dogs over walls and ship. Yeah yeah, yeah, like the dogs would have no problem with this ship.
Speaker 2: Although yeah, I would want to see, like Okay, that's if that's the race that they have in Beijing, Like what's our like the Boston Marathon with the Boston Dynamics robots or like put a put put one of these robots in the NFL combine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the NFL. I mean so the thing that like I thought this was gonna be. I thought they were just gonna like sprinkle the robots throughout the field and like see how they had to like make them deal with runners and like things changing. Because if you've ever like run a marathon or like a half marathon, the hardest thing is like you're in this like massively packed group of people and having to like run around people and you know dodge things all over the place like that. That would be impressive to me, and I bet the Boston Dynamics could probably do it. But yeah, it's uh the clips are this was just like they just had them like off on their own. All right. There it goes vometerist race and yeah, show the robots find down look at this one one whose head was shaking myself. Robots, Yeah, just getting smoked by fifty five year olds in the background. But yeah, so they put them in a separate lane. That was just like they're all by themselves so they can't like trip over anything or nobody, like like as a petty competitor like fuck you just yeah pushing over in that. Oh hell yeah, I would kick the legs out from under it. Yeah. Anyways, all right, those are some of the things. That's what's giving me hope is how shitty these robots are this week, bar Low bar We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines while you still can get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,