Speaker 1: For the Orioles on Wednesday afternoon at Camden Yards. They got a victory over the Chicago White Sox. Dean Kramer returned to the active roster, pitched straight and the Oils beach Chicago by a six to one count so they do not get swept off day Thursday. Then on to Cincinnati for weekend series before the final homestand ahead of the All Star Break. Welcome in everybody the latest edition of Birdland Territory Steve Maleski, Brad Brock and Tim Barbelace to present a few os topics for our discussion. And you're viewing pleasure, and of course we hope you subscribe to the channel as we're finally picking up some steam here on the subscribers, closing in on a thousand, getting closer with every one that adds on, so please do and hope you follow us on the podcast outlets as well when you can hear the audio version only of the show. So guys would start with Dean Kramer. He had not pitching the Big League since April sixty day. I l quad strain came back today against the team he's been good against throughout his career, and he was today six innings, four hits, one run, seventy nine pitches. Brad that looked like Dean Kramer. We remember when we last saw him in April.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, And it's kind of eerily similar to his first pitch he threw back off the IL in April when he first came his first started up home run to the first batter, so he was thinking, oh no, here we go, but he stubbled right in.
Speaker 3: He was really efficient.
Speaker 2: He looked really good today, like albern has said after the game, just really good with this basketball, get in ahead, using the curveball to get ahead.
Speaker 3: Also didn't see the real swing and miss that we're used to from Dean.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you'll take that every single time you get six innings and less than eighty pitches. You would take that from every starter that goes out there. So I thought, first one back especially, I couldn't ask for anymore, kept them in the game there when it was one nothing there for a while and kind of let the offense kind of get heated up. So I think it was every thing more you could have asked for, especially the first time off the IL. I can't believe it's been since April, but it's been a while now, so for him to come out there and get that out and he gave today, I thought it was huge.
Speaker 4: And I'll admit I was a little concerned how it would look today because despite coming off the sixty day il guys, he only had two rehab starts. Now, granted, both of them were great at Norfolk, but obviously the major leagues is a much different level. And you know, the first batter two pitches in, like you said, Brad, you're thinking, oh geez. But he settled in. He retired eleven straight batters from that point. And I'll always take up for Dean Kramer, and I know that, you know, there's some portions of the fan base that like to beat him up, but I think Dean Kramer is a rock solid starting pitcher, you know, a really good number four, number five pitcher, a guy that eats a lot of innings and ultimately, you know what you're gonna get in Dean Kramer at the end of the year. And it's been e er right around four, which is more than in the big leagues, and he really leaned into the splitter and boys have been such a big pitch for him, dating back to last year, But all in all, you really not much to quibble about in Dean Kramer's first start back off the IL.
Speaker 1: He he is a gamer man. He's always been that. I mean, he eats innings. He does not want to come out of the game. He will run through a brick wall for a win. You can tell how how much this guy wants to win. For me, Tim, I think people have looked at him and they're not wrong when they do this. The last couple of years as a league average pitcher, because that's where his stats fall. But league average with one hundred and seventy five innings is better than the league average with one hundred and ten. And furthermore, he keeps you in games. You can win a lot of his games.
Speaker 4: And that's that's my point, Steve, like he would be in a lot of starting rotations. I'm not saying that Dean Kramer is an ace or or this guy that's one of the best pitchers in all baseball. But Dean Kramer is a starting pitcher that all thirty teams would want to use because there's value to it. And you mentioning that he's a gamer, Steve, I can think of so many games off the top of my head, where either the team's on a little bit of a skid and they need to break that and Dean comes up big, or I remember when they clinched a playoff spot.
Speaker 5: I think in twenty four.
Speaker 4: You know, Dean started that game and he was fantastic, got a ton of swing and miss there, Like Dean is valuable to this rotation and this starting rotation. We've been talking a lot on recent episodes like what is the strength? What is something that they can lean on? You can go back six weeks now and this is one of the best starting rotations in baseball when you look at Er and adding Dean Kramer to it is a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I tink a picture like Dean Kramer.
Speaker 2: You're gonna find out how much he's valued here in a couple of years off example, stay healthy and get the free agency because guys that throw one hundred and fifty innings plus every year and go out there and throw six innings, give up three runs make a lot of money. So I think he's well on his way towards that kind of payday. And I just think, like you said, he's solid. You know what you're gonna get from him every five days, and I think that's what the rotation right now.
Speaker 3: Could use there. I feel like the rotation's been.
Speaker 2: Brilliant or somewhere kind of below average here the last and I think overall they've been really good as a group. But I think if you're able to go out there and you have that one guy you know, and now Red Trevor Rodgers might follow under that umbrella too, you have two guys that go out there, you know exactly what you're gonna get every five days, you have a shot to put a little run together. So I'm hoping Dean can kind of just solidify that fitth spot and doesn't have to do anything spectacular, just give the offensive chance like you did today and let them go and do what they're paid to do and score some runs.
Speaker 1: And I still hang my hat on maybe the biggest hope for the Orioles to get it going, which would keep waiting for that and it never seems to happen, is the rotation. This was the ninth quality star in sixteen games. That's a real nice run for this rotation. But the Orioles have just proven to us in this series why that's not working more for them they had a great start from Boz couldn't win the game, pretty great start from Dean did win the game. So one in one right now is not good enough for this team because they're eight games under. So it's got to be they got to win fifteen out of twenty in here somewhere. But if they're going to do it, it might be because their starters are limiting the other team so often.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, I think you're right, Steve. I think it is.
Speaker 2: It's down to that time where they're going to need a fifteen out of twenty, a thirteen out of eighteen, just somewhere to make up some ground because it's just and with the American League, guess they're still there in the standings, but you got to think a team or two is going to make a run, and if they're not able to keep pace with them, and at this point they have to do better than those teams, they're gonna find themselves behind the eight ball and just kind of out of a playoff spot. So it's really like you said, I think it's just getting their starting rotation, just keep doing this thing and let the offense just hopefully just start to click and hopefully they can find a one through nine that they like and let some guys get hot and kind of just go on a little bit of a hot streak here.
Speaker 4: I think that's been the most frustrating part about this Steve, is we've talked so much about this offense. This offense was supposed to be the superpower of this team. That was the expectation, and we've talked about a lot of guys not playing up to expectation.
Speaker 5: It's not that the offense has been bad.
Speaker 4: It's an above average offense, but we just thought that it had the ceiling to be a special group, a top five group, and a lot of major categories, and they just haven't gotten to that point yet. And the starting rotation, what they can do is keep you in the ballgame, and like you said, Steve, sometimes it's not enough, because Shane Bose it took him a little bit to settle into that game Monday. But you will sign up for seven innings, two earned runs every single time your starter goes out there, and quite frankly, you should expect to win every single time your starter provides that exactly.
Speaker 1: But with the twenty twenty six Oriols, there's always something daunting to talk about, and in a minute we will. We'll talk about Ryan Helsley, how he wanted to pitch today but didn't. We'll talk about Trey Gibson. His last two starts have kind of got Steve stirred up here. I'll tell you my thoughts on that and hear from you guys about that as well. So the Oriols win did a six to one over the White Sox forty and forty eight as they get ready for Thursday's off day and then Friday at Cincinnati. And a reminder in addition that you know getting our Birdland fancy to subscribe to the channel, You can watch any of our videos. Great thing about YouTube, something we did a month ago that might pique your interest. You can watch, of course on demand anytime you want. And we got one out there now that's been really popular with Jim Kallis. We just recorded a day or two ago talking about the MLB draft. The Ools have the number seven pick. Kallus is the best and saying that for twenty years he proved it on the show, and so go watch that when you have time too, and you'll hear his thoughts on the o's and the o's draft for this year, so a lot coming your way in this edition up Birdland Territory.
Speaker 4: The O's have been struggling, but they did pick up a win today and it doesn't matter because it's always a good time to be at Camden Yards. So why don't you look at going at Tuesday's game when the Cubs are in town. Just make sure to buy your tickets to the game on seat geek. With over thirty five million downloads, see geek is the number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed on sea geek, including concerts, sports festivals, so there's something for everyone. And we're a little past the halfway point of MLB season, the World Cups in the knockout round, football right around the corner. I love using sea geek and using it for years heading to different events and of course O's games. Because sea Geek they got my back, They're gonna have your back. Each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know you're always getting a good deal.
Speaker 5: Look for the green dots. Green means good, Red means bad, Stay away from red.
Speaker 4: Plus every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee and of course We're gonna hook you guys up with a code of promo code. You can use code Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. That's ten percent off any MLB tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your accounts so you can use it later.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Sea Geek.
Speaker 1: All Right, guys, before I get Honore about Trey giftshit express my latest thoughts about this kid, Let's talk about Todler and Neo for a second and say we got tipper hat today to this guy. And so he's had a tough run as and Oreo. We know that fansered all over them for obvious reasons. The struggles he's had today makes it iving catch may have saved two runs inning or two later. Hits a homer, first hit for the Orioles the left. He was really throwing well Schultz for the White Sox, highly chauted prospect and O'Neil hit it four thirty. So this is what they hoped they were getting today. And maybe he can deliver a little bit more of it moving forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's a good sign, especially hitting off a pitcher he hasn't seen before and a lefty on top of it.
Speaker 3: So we've been talking about his.
Speaker 2: Overall struggles, but he was supposed to come in national lefties and I think that's kind of been the biggest frustration with Oriol fans is when he signed his contract, he was known as being able to hit lefties no matter what kind of lefty they are, and who knows, maybe today jump starts that. But I think that playout in right field might have been a game changing event when it happened, because to go for one nothing down to three nothing and that's about the guy on second base. I mean, it changed the whole complexion of that game. And when he came up and hit that home run too, it kind of jumped out of the offense. So really happy for him, especially on Canada Day. I know played with the guys from Canada for it's one of their big days. They like to wear some bread and he said he wore some red cleaves and red tape so to honor his home country. So really cool for him today to be able to do that and really jump start and I think he's definitely the MVP of the game, and I mean just game saving, game changing events on two particular plays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad you mentioned the diving catch because that, to me was probably the most underrated play of the game because how often have we talked about runs allowed with two outs. That was with two outs in that game, So it could have been two more runs tacked on, like you said, Brad, and make it three to nothing. You're being no hit at that point. So it's just it feels like such a big hill to climb for the team. But he came up with that play, and then of course he hit the home run. And something that I am very interested in seeing, guys, and it has been relatively recent since Dylan Beaver's got activated off the IL they activated him and Adle on the same day, is how does this outfield line up moving forward?
Speaker 5: Because you have five.
Speaker 4: Outfielders, you also still have three catchers, so it's a very interesting bench right now. We didn't see Colden Kowser in center field today, and boys, he played the heck at a center field recently.
Speaker 5: Man, he's been fantastic.
Speaker 4: So I think that that is a little bit of a storyline to follow is just how this playtime is divvied up with those five outfielders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to The Ools still love their left right man, so they're gonna do that and try to squeeze every ounce out of platoon advantages. And I was talking with some other beat writers at the ballpark this week, and I said to them, a couple of years ago, when they were winning these stats that will give you data on platoon advantage, the Oils were among the best.
Speaker 6: In the game.
Speaker 1: But that's not happening anymore. So that's that's the frustration sometimes with the left right that they do. But let's speaking of frustration. Steve's a Trey Gibson homer. We've long established that, and a big fan of this young man and his hopefully very bright future.
Speaker 6: So I disagree with how he was used too. Starts in a row.
Speaker 1: Well, he had four inning, sixty six pitches, throwing ninety seven, striking out guys. They took him out. Kid was rolling. Let the kid roll. He's a horse. He wants the ball. They didn't give it to him in the fifth inning in anahut. Now he's getting smoked. The other night, they're hitting everything, rockets and there was even no one warming up for a long time. It felt like they're hanging this kid out to dry. And furthermore, if they had gotten him a little sooner, maybe they could have gotten back in that game. Who knows how would have played out. But now he's going back to triple A. Some people think they called him up too soon. First of all, a lot sooner than he was expected early May he pitches in these tough places, then when he's rolling in a not as tough place, they took it. I'm confused by the whole thing. I hope they haven't messed this kid up. I don't think they have, because I think he's good number one, and he's mentally strong number two.
Speaker 6: And Brad, you know this better than Tim and I.
Speaker 1: Life's not fair sometimes, the baseball players, and you got to ride that shuttle and show you're tough enough to make it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's kind of what this is all gonna be.
Speaker 2: It's just a it's a learning experience. Whether we disagree or agree with how he was used. Especially that last start in Anaheim just didn't seem the right time to pull him. And then with the game the other night, just to me, he was just behind on everybody, and that I think it was a big lesson on I need to throw strike one more.
Speaker 3: So I hope he's.
Speaker 2: Able to use that little bit of advice or learning experience when he goes back down to Triple Aye to really just contentrary on getting strike one and getting strikes earlier in the account. Guys are gonna get hit around, especially as a rookie. Ye're gonna you're gonna have those types of outings. It would have been nice to get him out with maybe five runs or four runs when you kind of saw it snowballing there. But unfortunately he's going back down with I think it was an eight spot. But I think he's taught. I think he's a tough kid. He's just shown his grit Yankee Stadium, Dodger Stadium. Even that game in Anaheim, it was about to go south quick and he got he turned it around, and he showed what kind of picture he could be, I feel like in that fourth inning. So I hope when he goes down he's just able to use these little bit of learning advice and lessons and really go down and just apply it. And so when he comes back up he's really ready to roll.
Speaker 4: I just hate that he kind of goes down on this sour of a note, right because the Padres game was the other rough game that he had, but really it was the rough first inning, second and then he settled in to his credit. Besides that, he's been a gamer man. I still go back to that game at Dodger Stadium where that was where he won me over. But I was just so surprised at how Craig Albernaz handled him in this game, because it was very clear early on he was far from his a self. But you go to that third inning and Ben and Tendee singles, Montgomery hit.
Speaker 5: A home run that might not have landed yet, four hundred and forty feet. I was a bomb on Utah Street.
Speaker 4: Then he walks back to back batters, Peter's singles, The bass is loaded, no one's warming up at that point, like it's three to one. Montgomery just hit an absolute moonshot, walks back to back batters, bases are loaded, no one's warming up yet, and then, like you said, Steve, it just got to a point where boom, it's eight to one and he's thinking, oh my, well, this game's over. It's the third inning, it's early on, but you know, it's just that crosses your mind.
Speaker 5: How could it not.
Speaker 4: It's human nature, And I just thought it was a tough position to put him in. And I get a heck of a lot of credit to the bullpen that came in after him, because they went six and the third innings it gave up one inned run like to be put in that difficult of a situation. And Craig Albern has said after that game, the bullpen was burnt out and that's why he was trying to squeeze everything out of Gibson that he could. But that burnt out bullpen more than held its own the rest of the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Big Al Suarez a hero for that game. Helped them today when that game, and so did Dan Kramer of course by going deep, but he he meant he made it didn't have to go through everybody out in that bullpen last night with three innings, and he just keeps stealing it in these tough situations, and he's lost his roster spot a couple times and he just keeps coming back. I mean, you got to you've got to admire this guy. Spent a long time fighting to be in the big leagues. He appreciates every day. And oh, by the way, he's from Venezuela and he wore, you know, a tribute to Venezuela and his hat. The other day I asked somebody from the ball club if they know and because I hadn't did a chance to ask Albert if his family's okay, and they said they're pretty sure they all are. But obviously he cares about all the people in his home country. So we wish the best for Albert and the people of Venezuela. On that note, break, then we're going to come back talk about some injury issues, some other matters coming up. Maybe we have time to get into Gunnor back in lead off. It's working so far. We're coming up Birdland Territory.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot with daily dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for daily dingers, make your free pick on who's hitting a homer? Playball swing for the Fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawal profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem caller Tex one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: Well the down notoe from the day game today when the Oriels beat the White Sox. We taped this after that Wednesday afternoon game at camdod Yards. Ryan Helsley was warming up. Hees closer to pitch the ninth, and then he didn't pitch the ninth, reporting some elbow discomfort and he missed nearly two months earlier with elbow inflammation. Didn't have any procedures, but he missed a lot of time. He finally was pitching well. He had a couple of games where he gave up homers and he started to settle in looking like his old self.
Speaker 6: And now this that's a really down.
Speaker 3: Note for today.
Speaker 1: I guess we don't know yet, they're evaluating. We'll know more in a day or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just from my own personal experience of seeing this happen, it's just not not the sign you want to see. When a guy goes down for almost two months and elbow injury and then he's warming up ready to go feel something in it.
Speaker 3: It's just never never a good sign.
Speaker 2: I hope, I hope I'm wrong on this, and I hope maybe it was just a little, you know, a little clicker something that didn't feel right and didn't want to risk it today. But uh, I hope it. I hope it's not anything big. But it's never a good thing when it's repeat injury, and especially just a couple of weeks after he just got back from the IL.
Speaker 3: That's never a good sign.
Speaker 2: So hopefully, uh, there's there's good sign or good information that comes out of this, But I'm not really hoping, uh, or I'm not really thinking it's going to be that great of news.
Speaker 4: It sucks. There's no way around it. You really feel for the guy and Hellsley. You know, his first couple appearances back with the O's that they were rough and he was working off some rust. But these past couple have been really good. He's looked like Ryan Helsley again. And I felt like it was so huge him coming back when he did, because the prior ten days, two weeks, that was when the bullpen started faltering some and they were going closer by committee and it was just really tough there where Helsy comes in, you know, he's closing out games and it bumps everyone else down and it just lengthens the bullpen where losing him now, that's a big blow to the pen, and at a minimum, we're not going to see him before the All Star break and you just hope that you're able to get him back at some point this season. But I'm with you, Brad. Anytime you hear an elbow with a pitcher, you fear the worst. And it seemed like he dodged a bullet with the first one and that even took him over a month and a half to come back from. So for him to have this setback five appearances back, you know, he didn't even make an appearance today, it was warming up.
Speaker 5: It's just really unfortunate. You feel for him, yeah, Keegan Ake.
Speaker 1: And also we heard after the game he's on the il and it did an MRI and his left elbow and that could not have been produced great results apparently because Craig Albernas said he's going through his options. That's not what they tell you if they know he's going to be back in a week or two usually, And so another good guy. I've always liked dealing with Keegan Akin, and he's a game or two man.
Speaker 6: He just wants the ball.
Speaker 1: He can give up three home runs in a row and give me the ball, give me the next guy. He just wants it, and so I wish the best for him too. Isn't this a typical Oriole season. They get a pitcher back today, pitch great, and one or two more go down.
Speaker 6: It's just it doesn't stop for this team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like Steve Ken and I were saying today, when you think it Hellsley and even isolate him. Gosh, it's just been such an unfortunate run for their offseason signings. Thanks Zach Efflin, you bring him back. He last him won outing and then had to have Tommy John surgery, Chris Bassett. It's been a lot of starts and stops. And when we heard Michael Aias talk over the weekend, I don't think we're seeing Chris Bassid anytime soon. The fact that he didn't respond well to the shots and then said he had a minor procedure done on his back, and I think Mike's words, I'm pretty sure where you know, hopefully we get him back before the end of the season, like that sounds like in August or September proposition there. And then Elsley, you know, those are three arms that you brought in and all of them at a minimum are missing significant time. It just really unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it goes back to being a smaller market team. When you miss on three of the guys to injuries, it just it makes that much more of a problem trying to get the inn He's trying to get what you had when you had the roster, And I think that's that's the biggest difference. When it comes to like the Dodgers, the Yankees, the Cubs, they can afford to make mistakes, but when it comes to smaller market teams, you just can't afford all three of these guys to have injuries like they are, and that's kind of where they're at right now. They done their best to this point, but it's just it's been a lot of injuries adding up throughout the year.
Speaker 1: So the Ools at forty and forty eight, after they beat the White Sox and did not get swept the earlier were swept by the Pirates, the Yankees, and the Rays. The Yankees swept them four the others were three games sweeps. They were on the road. This would have been the first time they were swept at home, but they avoided that with a victory today. Futures Game participants, who's going to represent the Orioles tell you about that in a moment on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 8: Big Bad Morning Show Vinnie and Haney Inside Access Live on YouTube weekdays six till six, search Baltimore one O five seven the Fan, Subscribe for daily shorts right to your phone and never missed, which you missed one O five seven the Fan.
Speaker 1: So they announced the Futures Game rosters today, and it's not always that your top prospects are the guys that are picked. In this case, that's what happened. The Ools number one and two prospers as now ranked by Baseball America, Ike Irish is number one. He's having a heck of a year for the High A Frederick Keyes, where he's got an ops of eight to fifty five is at ten homers. He's stealing bases, scoring runs, playing the outfield. He also has been a catcher. He was their number one pick last year at nineteenth throughd row out of Auburn, and the highest drafted pitcher by Michael Aias is Joseph Cherwi.
Speaker 6: He is going to the futures game.
Speaker 1: Started the year with Frederick now at Double A seven and two of the two forty eighty RAO ninety two whip. He's looking good, man. They are honing up his breaking pitches right now at Double A because the fastball and the change up are on point. If he gets a third and fourth to go with it, we'll see, we'll see. I think he's going to end this year at Triple A, which is what Trey Gibson did last year. High A, Double A, Triple A, Major Leagues. That's the path this kid is on. So congrats of those two guys in Baseball America put out their new top one hundred. They updated every month and guys drop out like Nate George dropped out and Luis Deione dropped out, But Mike Irish has been in there for a while. He's now number seventy five, and Joseph jerwisea in there for the first time at number eighty nine, So he is now a top one hundred pitcher and the O's top pitching prospect is ranked by Baseball America now moved up to number two overall. So good stuff for those guys. They'll represent the Oriols July twelfth in Philadelphia at the All Star Futures Game. So, guys, we saw Gunner move the leadoff a couple games ago. The early returns aren't good. Could this be what it took to finally get him going? And Tim, you give some notes today on your radio show one to five seven the Fan about how good his numbers have been historically in that spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gunner, he's been at the leadoff spot more than any other spot in the lineup in his career. Now, the bulk of that was in twenty twenty four when he had best season, but he's been lead off now. I think today marked two hundred games for him at the leadoff spot, highest ops out of any spot. His second highest spot that he's batted in is third, which we haven't seen this year. It's really just been leadoff or second base. I'll admit I was a little surprised when he ended up getting bumped to leadoff, just because you know, he was coming off the Nats.
Speaker 5: Series where he really struggled.
Speaker 4: He was one for fourteen, and I think Craig Albernaz really wanted to shake things up, and look, Gunner's been really, really good in these three games. He had two hits Monday, two hits Tuesday, and another hit today to go along with a couple of walks.
Speaker 5: Now, I don't want to buy all the way back in.
Speaker 4: I do want to see him going a bit of a sustained run because I think we've all been, you know, guilty at various points this season where it looks like you're just trying to cling to something like, oh that's Gunner, that's Gunner.
Speaker 5: That looks like Gunner. But I think we need to see it for a bit more.
Speaker 4: But hey, a good start, and we've also seen Craig Albnez Brad tinker with the two hole where we've seen Taylor Ward was batting second on Tuesday, Atley Rutchman was batting second today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it'll be interesting to see how they play with the two and three spots if you're going to continue to put Gunner in the leadoff spot, and to me sometimes, I mean, I know, as a pitcher, it was more comfortable if you knew what you were going to pitch.
Speaker 3: Maybe for Gunner it's just more being more comfortable.
Speaker 2: No one's going to lead off knowing he's gonna be the first guy to face the pitcher to start the game, and who knows. I mean, maybe this is, like you said, maybe this is the catalyst that you need to kind of jump started. And at this point, I mean, you might as well try to mess around with the top of the order because they just can't seem to sustain the offense. So maybe if they find something that's comfortable for all these guys, I kind of like Telor Award in the third spot. I think it gives them more of an opportunity to be a little bit more aggressive and to kind of jump at pitchers and try to go hit some more homers.
Speaker 3: I think when he's in the leadoff spot.
Speaker 2: He wants to get on base, he wants to get the ball rolling, but I think maybe third. I think second to third for him is more natural for the type of hitter that he is. So I think it'll be interesting to see how they do this moving forward. And I think Pete's really good in the four spot, and I would love to see him just kind of get cemented and stay right in the four spot from here on out and kind of tink around with the other guys.
Speaker 3: But you got to do something.
Speaker 2: Because they, like we've said, time is kind of ticking here, and just would love to see them just get on a stretch that we know this offense can do.
Speaker 3: It's just they haven't done it to this point yet.
Speaker 1: Before we say goodbye for the latest edition of Land Territory, remind everybody where they can find me, in addition to subscribing to our show, The Substack Steve on Baseball dot substack dot com. That's how you find it if you need to. If you haven't found that yet, hope you check me out. There got a big story coming on the Draft, and soon we'll have a big story coming on My latest pitching prospect obsession. Left hander for the Frederick Keyes Hayden Hunter six pounds draft pick. If you haven't seen his stats, look them up.
Speaker 6: You'll like what you see.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you about him coming up in the next few days on my substack, and we'll be back together Steve, Tim and Brad shortly with another edition of Birdland Territory. Thanks for watching this one and we'll catch in next time.