Speaker 1: They around the NFL podcast. There's a quiet storm brewing from the Chris Westling podcast studio. It's around the NFL. I am Dan Hansis. I have heroes along for the ride, Greg Rosehal and me are Sessler, but we are we are not alone.
Speaker 2: I cannot stand what you've done already.
Speaker 3: What we opened the show previously and you did not lace in that insulting intro of me, and then the second time around we do it.
Speaker 2: You announce my name that way. Whoa incorrect?
Speaker 1: I love the way whoa cessdog coming in hot and I love it to my right legend. Hey, everybody, it's Colleen Woolf.
Speaker 2: Yes, got.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Golleen, Thank you.
Speaker 4: This is kind of fun. Reminds me of high school catchy little three eleven vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah you had you had a lot of different phases musically in your life.
Speaker 5: I have an eclectic mix of music that I really like. And yeah, I was actually just I went to the Beach Life Festival and her Mosa and they had the Dirty Heads there, which remind me a lot of three eleven. So I actually have been listening to a lot of three eleven lately randomly.
Speaker 6: So this kind of like fits right in.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised that in ages well enough for getting repeat listenings in the year twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: It's more of like a beach vibe, like a three eleven radio that brings in some other like reggae tones and stuff too.
Speaker 1: Am I the only one person that doesn't hear three eleven at all in that song? Really really hear it? I hear like a a pop punk type vibe, almost like a little maybe a little sky sneaking in there. Yeah, anyway, good to see it.
Speaker 5: Well, Hey, god, I know Dan is sick, uh, and it's already unnerving me a bit that he's sitting next to me. Did not tell me that he had a fever yesterday.
Speaker 3: I'd say, yes, he may be sick, but he's brave, because it's brave to you know, you know, to you. I know you were cuddled up under a quilt at home with a fault tough Wednesday. Yeah, and but here you are, and so it's like that says a lot about you. But also you have exposed us to potential illness.
Speaker 5: So there's a good rebound though, Like, I'm surprised that you were as.
Speaker 1: Sick as you say it isn't it is a good rebound. I agree, I rebound. You say you were I I My wife was giving My wife was giving me a hard time this morning that I was perhaps taking the symptoms too seriously, which was a total trap because I know what she's trying to do. She's trying to I mean, listen, she the old insinuation that men handhandle getting a cold.
Speaker 2: Is how she put it, the little c how I put.
Speaker 1: It, and then like she she wants me to then say yeah, but women also complained about other things.
Speaker 2: Didn't do it, didn't take the cheese, didn't.
Speaker 3: Take that to your weekend maybe intellectual state, you know, physically and intellectually.
Speaker 2: She's trying to trap you, and you and you didn't go on that road.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I literally I didn't have the strength to do it, but I want.
Speaker 4: It was in like a phantom thread situation where she truly only loves you when.
Speaker 6: You're sickond exactly what she was doing.
Speaker 1: She does not love me when I'm sick, all right, today's show. Also the only thing I did do too to enrage her when she was getting for work is I put on I Am the Warrior by Patti I just put it on loop until she came in and said, I get it.
Speaker 6: God bless Emily, honestly, Jesus Saint.
Speaker 1: All right, today's show. Here we go. It is May ninth. That's an interesting time in the calendar. Interesting in the fact that it's not a very interesting time on the calendar. But we're gonna have fun because we're gonna do a little bit of a news in a bit. We're gonna have a fun seg I feel like a high level a potential breakdown here in communication, Like, well, Connie, get why is.
Speaker 6: It on me?
Speaker 1: Why is it?
Speaker 6: I don't like this pattern of me being a problem.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm just saying, maybe.
Speaker 6: Greg gets it wrong, maybe Mark gets it wrong. Maybe you have a different than all of us.
Speaker 4: Dan to go first, to set them back, and then I'm going to follow it. And I want to just see how Mark's simmering nature to start the show, how that continue?
Speaker 2: That was you came in real hot. I don't like I don't like that the way that you which.
Speaker 1: One was it?
Speaker 4: I mean, I know why, it's because we we were on It builds slowly. It's like a boiler boiling pot of water. As we get further and further away from the original estimated time to start the show.
Speaker 5: A til hour before we actually start the program, so we do like a little mingling from that was.
Speaker 1: Our computers, like the show needs the simmer a little bit before the MIC's turn on, and you guys are all going to be the beneficiaries of a tremendous show. The schedule release, by the way, and I am so annoyed about hearing about when the schedule's coming out, as if it's the be all end all, but we still don't know the exact day, although we kind of do know the exact day, but it has been officially announced, so it's coming out next week as we understand it. So originally there was an idea that it might be around Now it's going to be next week and then we'll talk about it then. So there's your update on the release. All right, Let's get to the news. First, Humbling pads, stop.
Speaker 7: Sucking sackch lot kind of film history.
Speaker 1: Lot has tied Michael Strahan's single season record twenty two and a half sacks. Let me just start. Let me just start by saying thank you to the listeners of our show who are always so supportive of my bottomless well of pitybull. I have to say, you people make sure I see the things that need to be seen, and I appreciate you for that. With that said, what you heard right there was t J wat taking down not Lamar Jackson. That was Ty Huntley for sack number twenty two and a half in the twenty twenty one season. That tied, as you heard, what was that the bird? No, that was iron eagle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a type of bird. But yeah, what was the old when.
Speaker 1: It was Fouts and iron Eagle? What were they?
Speaker 2: The bird and the bird and the beard, bird and the beard.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that tied Michael Straighthand's NFL record that had been set twenty years earlier, a record mark. As you know, I've been very vocal and consistent in denigrating because Brett Favre, for those that don't know, slid at straight hands feet and a pre orchestrated flop job to give him the record that was previously held for nothing by Jet's great Mark Gesino. Anyway, get out the red string, because this story goes even deeper. Let's head to it. Let me see it. From Jaguar gait or nine on Twitter. Okay, while researching for this video, I may have uncovered something absolutely insane. I don't think Michael Strahan's sack record from two thousand and one is legitimate. He didn't have twenty two and a half sacks. It was a stat error. And no, I'm not talking about Brett farv sak in week seventeen. Next tweet, and he goes on to show this play from Week eight against the Cowboys counted as a sack for Straighthan clinch Storner snaps the ball with the forty four yard line, he makes it to the forty three and a half yard line, He gains half a yard. You can even see it on the official, the official on the near side ahead of where the original line of scrimmage was. And yet despite the quarterback gaining yardage, they credited straighthand with the sack. Well that's a wait, And what week was that sack? That was? Week eight?
Speaker 2: Okay against the Cowboy. Can they go back and change that?
Speaker 1: No, but we can.
Speaker 2: We can just no longer recognize that.
Speaker 4: And I think, as you know an NFL podcast, at the league, we have some influence and we can be the change that we want to see in the world.
Speaker 6: Fare reality is completely shattered.
Speaker 2: Prince Yeah, Prince would said that. Yeah, So what are your thoughts on that one?
Speaker 3: Well, I think number one, let's talk about the fact that it's an incredible piece of you know, eleventh hour journalism, not even the eleventh hour the next day.
Speaker 2: I mean, this happened a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Apparently this is an unrelated project project that Jaguar Gator nine was working on, and you just stumbled upon a historic malfunction in the in the stat keeping of the National football.
Speaker 3: I'm impressed, and I think it's another example of not just your bravery Dan to be here today, but this is a case you've been on personally for a long time. And while you also not unlike others, pointed to the farv sac, you could sense that something else was a miss all along, and Jaguar Gator nine has helped you in that effort.
Speaker 6: That was your intuition talking to you, Dan, He's helped us, He's helped us all.
Speaker 2: Thank you your intuition or this guy men.
Speaker 1: Taking any credit for it. I'm saying Jaguar gate or nine deserves all of the credit. And you know who deserves none of the credit. Michael Strahan because I really I'm down to take two sacks away. If we are the we're the tastemakers here, let's knock them down to twenty and a half.
Speaker 5: Maybe we should investigate all of these records, honestly, Well, do.
Speaker 4: You take anything about every rushing play that's basically ever happened in the NFL? You know there's some it was that it's when it's three and a half yards? Do you give him four? Do you give him three?
Speaker 2: It's like, who's how how on top of things are we really on all this stuff? Do you get to Do you get credit for a sec if you get back to the line of scrimmage?
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, right, No, once it's at the line of scrimmage, you don't get it. And that sounds like this case is one where.
Speaker 2: He's closer to gaining a full yard than half yard?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be on Michael Strahan who's still alive and with us, and you know is the thinking individual to say accountability?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't claim this record. Yes, that's the next step, and I'm sure someone will reach out.
Speaker 6: To well, how you guys reached out? Maybe that's the not yet.
Speaker 1: Well it is, it is. We were talking about this, what was the story How the NFL when it's slow, the news that does come up starts to snowball fast because there's nothing else to talk about. Someone's going to reach out to Strayhand very quickly on this and we'll see if he could be mad enough to acknowledge the truth.
Speaker 4: There also was remember back in the day, and this was a big storyline on this podcast, that Al Baker was actually the unofficial holder.
Speaker 1: We yeah, spent I think we had a Baker, we had. We spent a solid week on this.
Speaker 4: Al Baker in nineteen seventy eight had the unofficial record before they kept track of Sax and we wanted to recognize him.
Speaker 1: So this really is a passion project for you, Dane. No limits to the pettiness. All right, let's get to the rest of the news. Greg, explain to me how this works. So the Patriots are continuing to interview for executive vice president of player personnel. They have not had this team an official general manager since nineteen ninety that's silly. Bill Belichick was the de facto GM while he was there forever. Same with barcels Elliott Wolfe this off season was the de facto enough with the de facto. Yeah, by the way, can't down a little bit with de facto anyway. So this team is not looking for a GM, but they are looking for the EVP of player personnel. I don't know why that guy's not in place before the draft exactly, but who's it going to be and why is it happening in the middle of men.
Speaker 4: I think other people in the NFL that were asked to interview for this job believe it's going to be Elliott wolf and so they refuse the interview. Pro Football Tek's been writing all the different people that have Oh yes, this is our lead news I think, right, but it is ridiculous. It's just sort of a note that like they're probably going through a charad to then land on well and if not, then they just let Elliott wolf run the draft and made these important decisions. And it does does make you wonder exactly like what's going on here? Who's making these decisions? Like, let's be definitive, is this because of the Rooney rule?
Speaker 1: That could be that could be part of it that they have to why he's Connie Way to sniff it out, But I.
Speaker 5: Would think that the Rooney rule would have a rule within the rule that it would have to be done before the draft.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess this is the time of year that scouting departments and general managers do often change or whatever. But it does seem a little outrageous. And there's there's been talk of like, who's who's making all the decisions here? Just when I when I give a GM job too, Even when Peter Carroll was there, they didn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have a lead executive. Who was it with Pete Carroll?
Speaker 4: Gosh, I forget his name, Greer I believe is Bobby Greer was his name so like, and there was clashes between him and the coach and Pete Carrow, And so you gotta look, you gotta look.
Speaker 2: And wonder who's making the decisions.
Speaker 1: It's Farred asked that question Greg. In other news, after playing the Chiefs in two straight AFC title games, Joe Burrow had to sit out last year for most of it anyway, including the most important games of the year, because he suffered that terrible risk and I want to mess. Twenty twenty three was one injury after another at the game's most important positions, many of them right on island games. Who could forget Burrow bending over, doubling over in pain after trying to do a warm up throw on the sideline. Imagine as a Bengals fan the way you felt at that moment. Anyway, that Thursday night game it was. And now he's back, he's ready to return. He's ready to kind of get back to where he was, which is Patrick Mahomes's number one nemesis. Here's what he said at a Tuesday press conference when asked about the defending back to back champion Chiefs. They were great.
Speaker 8: Their defense was one of the best in the league. They have great players on that side of the ball. And then obviously they got Patrick and Travis in their ow line and those playmakers, so you know, they're they're the gold standard. Right now, everybody's chasing them. Obviously they're back to back world champs. Somebody's got to knock them off.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping it's us. At the risk of repeating myself, I've said multiple times on the show, what a bummer it was when Burrow and the Bengals exited from the conversation last year, because they are such a great foil and challenger to the Chiefs, and you get the feeling that Burrow, who, by the way we're hearing, is really gone next level and training and as.
Speaker 5: He looks to oh, yeah, he's not skipping any meals, that's what no meals being skipped.
Speaker 1: This is called back. He's up, a little bit bulked up. All those old tropes are in play. But with Burrow, I kind of buy in because I think he's that type of killer.
Speaker 3: They are the team that they knocked off the Chiefs in the AFC title game. They've beaten them in each of them. They beat them in the regular season two years ago and three years ago. We're more than the b so I see them as the better challenger. But I'll say this last year like, you're in a division where you came in fourth, so there's three other teams you need to take care of first. And one of those teams went through about six quarterbacks and made the playoffs. The others was the Steelers who decided their starter shouldn't be the starter about eight minutes after the season ended.
Speaker 2: So I get it, but come on, says it, Well, it's a team this.
Speaker 3: Point to win in the Willows, and just a win gus to talk about someone's got to take over the Chiefs, Like, we get that, that's not news.
Speaker 5: It is interesting that within that same division you have Joe Burrow who's bulking up and he's saying that he's seen results and he's not. He's got his meal schedule on and everything else. And then Lamar Jackson, who is slimming down and doing the opposite.
Speaker 4: He leaning he said he's down at two o five, he like twenty pounds, like fifteen pounds. Yeah, that's a lot surprising.
Speaker 2: Uh was Burrow not on a diet plan before this offseason.
Speaker 4: I think he just maybe the rehabs adding some weight. That Bengals team last year wasn't going anywhere because the defense stunk.
Speaker 1: A's fir.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the It's not the only reason they made the super Bowl, but it's the main reason they made the super Bowl. They carried Joe Burrow in some ways, who had maybe his worst, you know, three game stretch of the year in the playoffs before the Super Bowl. I also noticed he was getting creative. And I don't think Mark or any of us would like this, because I'll put myself into that. He suggested talking about the potential eighteen game schedule if that happens. He also wants like a second bye week in there at some point, So we're really pushing this, pushing.
Speaker 6: This schedule releases. I do.
Speaker 4: I like the second I like the second bye week better than the eighteenth game. Just add a second by for everyone. If you want to add a week, don't add a game. And that that does make the week, the season longer, and then you finish and you have a national holla.
Speaker 3: Well, we know that, we know that's happening, and I think it's where the season is going to stretch nearly into March at this point.
Speaker 1: That just that's life. That's how it's gonna work.
Speaker 6: And that would pick the one work out for the international games, though too, well.
Speaker 3: There will be nine of those. So I mean it's like I think, let's just let's start like push against it.
Speaker 1: It's just happening. Yeah, exactly. It's a slow creep. By the way, because I have a tradition with my bosom buddy Bob and our families we go to Big Bear that President's Day weekend, and.
Speaker 2: Five years ago it was two weeks clear of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: In the last couple of years, It's been now one week clear of the Super Bowl, and now whenever the next labor agreement or whatever it is, comes in, it will be that week and there will be no more trips Mark to Big Bear, no more memories.
Speaker 3: It will be see at the game. You will have different memories. They'll be very different.
Speaker 5: It really gives me extra anxiety with tax season two. Like the more the NFL season spans, the more like the deadline gets closer and time to figure things out.
Speaker 4: The season ends and it's just sax talk life stuff, transactions. Tyler Boyd is off the market. The wide receiver goes to the Titans. Okay, it's a nice little signing for Tennessee. On May night, Alan Robinson signs with the Giants. Who cares Andrew's pete the offensivelignment of the Raiders. By the way, while we're here, big Funk, how are you, Bud?
Speaker 1: What's up? How's it going? So let's hear it? Sorry, well, you know, funk is if the listeners have noted, I don't know if we've brought it up, but ATPs him and his wife are getting very close to the arrival of the baby. So now you have let's hear it, dude. Yeah, now you have Funk help us out every Thursday behind the glass very capably.
Speaker 6: I love this.
Speaker 1: He's doing great.
Speaker 2: Listen to that so Funk, I kind of forgot what I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what I from brain Funk.
Speaker 2: I do like when you just clear your throat every five minutes or so?
Speaker 1: Can you? Can you pull up the Raybeards roster. Let's see who's lily had?
Speaker 6: Like a partition I could put up between me and Dan.
Speaker 2: You could be like, cut it up all you.
Speaker 1: Here's his own little boot. What are rapping at?
Speaker 2: Gary Cooper?
Speaker 1: The Graveyards roster which we put together as a group about a month ago. Now I want to say who's left. Let's see Bryan Tannehill and Blaine Gabbert at quarterback. Tyler Zeke is now signed by the Cowboys. Jack McKinnon still around wide receivers. Odell he is off the market, Boyd and he's now off the market. Michael Thomas still.
Speaker 2: Out there, one on one on the top, one on one.
Speaker 1: MVS available, tight ends, Logan Thomas, m Marcedes Lewis available. Skills like a quizz, big bone, Randy a kicker, eternally available.
Speaker 2: Sean Let's said, we did sixty seven.
Speaker 4: Andrews Pete's taking out, but yeah, most of them are are still stuff Gilmore still there a lot of cornerbacks. Zavian Howard's another one we mentioned the other day. Tyler Boyd is actually a meaningful signing. I feel like for this late in the mix, I think that's a good move because they're thin. DeAndre Hopkins okay, number one at this point of his year, I mean his career, but a got a good starter. Calvin Ridley's solid starter, a little inconsistent but made a lot of money for a reason, but it was a pretty big fall. I think the Treylon Burks is now probably number four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Burks has taking a seat to some degree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's where he should be. Is maybe not a seat, but like you've thrown thirty snaps a game, you.
Speaker 2: Get him in the mix.
Speaker 6: I love that offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: We talked about the floutest Signetti, Frank Signetti. We talked about the flouted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, medieval times, this is how floutess actually sound.
Speaker 2: That can we not sleep on the sacks Man? You couldn't.
Speaker 1: You couldn't.
Speaker 2: They really work well together.
Speaker 4: Little you're making me wonder because Walker is in the decision making process. They have to choose an instrument for orchestra next year, oh, or do chorus, but he doesn't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Don't go, so don't go flute now, Sachs.
Speaker 4: I think flute. Though you guys are talking up the flute the food it's light. I'm thinking more what's the heaviest to carry to school?
Speaker 5: I always wanted to play the saxophone, and you can like jam out to the saxophone saxophone at a wedding.
Speaker 4: Have you ever actually played the saxophone as someone who played some ORNs back, I mean kind of it sucks.
Speaker 6: You were honking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: You played some porns?
Speaker 4: Remember, like our school was similar that everyone had to play an instrument, right, And I tried the trumpet and the saxophone. Oh this was now this and I was like, this is terrible, and I switched. It's like hurts your lips, you know, it's hard.
Speaker 1: Trumpet.
Speaker 7: I did trumpet and trumpe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not fun.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I played tuba. I did tuba.
Speaker 7: I played tuba the novelty of it, and then then it became me lugging a giant tube.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm talking.
Speaker 7: I was like, what a miss I don't even remember. I was like in middle school, I had this big thing. Our instruments were old.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's that we walked both the.
Speaker 3: So that's it's a big considering if you don't want to be lugging around the immense instrument that you were eventually leave in someone's car.
Speaker 1: And it's gone across like.
Speaker 4: A five year decision too, if you go do it all through middle school, maybe to high school.
Speaker 1: If you were born in and about nineteen eighty, the sacks by the late eighties was a very cool instrument because it was all over music on the radio and things of that nature. I'm still inter and I remember I remember everyone when it was like who could sign up for? Like Greg's talking about the band or whatever music classes. Everyone wanted to get on the sacks And I signed up too late, couldn't get sax lessons. But then it turned out to be more like a criminal punishment for all the kids that were able to sign up because it was so hard.
Speaker 2: Apparently I quit so fast that it was like torture.
Speaker 1: And meanwhile, I'm just like an extended recess while they're like in their own private hell, learn how to play an impossible instrument. Awful.
Speaker 3: I went to school at a more realistic time where they realized, like eighty seven percent of these people probably have no music abilities. So I had the option to take music history with a teacher named Mama hod Fu. Yeah, Mama Hods would just play records and you sit in the back row and don't do what. You don't know what lickabusiness?
Speaker 2: What is your what is your theory? A more realistic time, well, it's like the entire class learns how to play an instrument, Like the vast.
Speaker 1: Majority of it all takes is one one kid that really has a natural gift for it, and there's only one way to find out. Mark you've got to give. I didn't though access to music because music programs are so important, h to.
Speaker 2: That's the education system.
Speaker 3: I'm not disagreeing with you. I don't have to believe in every child in terms of every skill or ability.
Speaker 2: Wow, realism.
Speaker 6: I played the piano and I'm glad you're not educated.
Speaker 1: I'll put it that way.
Speaker 2: With that attitude, music history is valuable to I learned a lot.
Speaker 4: I can't blame that, but I do like the idea that everyone gets a shot if they want.
Speaker 2: Well, I can I in this conversation, Can I.
Speaker 1: Try a horn that now? You can?
Speaker 2: Don't be You got to be realistic, son, if they want to. But you've got a bunch of people sitting in like I do, do chorse, it's likely right.
Speaker 1: I am people.
Speaker 4: One thing I would say a life lesson from the saxophone trumpet time was I think I quit that stuff so fast, like never let your parents. You can't quit things if you feel it in your gut.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was to chorus weeks later, and I'm not a good singer, and but it was a lot more fun. You can hide to chorus.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 5: Imagine if you had a drum set that was just like put in front of you, how much would you have.
Speaker 6: Loved that as a kid.
Speaker 2: We've got some.
Speaker 4: Breaking news a trade on May nine? What and it's a it's a trade worthy of May nine. The Rams are sendering Super Bowl champion wide receiver on the field during the game winning drive to win.
Speaker 2: The Super Bowl, Ben's Qronik to the Texans.
Speaker 1: Oh to trade.
Speaker 6: Wow, I'm speechless.
Speaker 2: Pull them in the desert over here. So they they cut them, and then they didn't cut them.
Speaker 4: But they announced there was a report that they were cutting him, and the Texans apparently then called him and said, like we'll give you. Wow, what I've been guessing is like a seventh round conditional type of pick.
Speaker 1: But Ben Skornick, when when Odell got hurt in the Super Bowl, he was he was like thrust into a major role at the end of that game. That what I was saying, that was well, he was there, but he was being targeted. I think he made one big catch but also had a couple drops in the game.
Speaker 3: He vantished last year because a puka, but he was an interesting like seventh round player.
Speaker 1: Therefore he played some seasons fall back.
Speaker 6: I believe last year was Yeah, Honnie good ug good on special teams.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a break and then we'll play a little guess who. All right, we are back. It is time now to have a little have a little fun. Isn't that great? Colleen? He so important?
Speaker 6: That's great?
Speaker 1: How is what's going on with the summer of Connie? I know, speaking of fun, what do you have planned this summer?
Speaker 6: You know what we are, We're in the early stages of things.
Speaker 5: The summer of Kanyie needs to unfold on its own, like it's a more of an organic in the moment type thing. So you kind of go wherever the world pulls you at any given time. So sometimes having no plan, but no tickets to grease this year, no tickets degrees.
Speaker 2: Yet this year not the play of the country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, So staying stateside for right now?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we all we kind of lived through you, so there's a little almost a little bit of pressure for you to give give us that experience.
Speaker 3: She if I recall she talked about hosting a party at her compound like like the hours after the draft ended.
Speaker 6: So that's that is true.
Speaker 5: And then also I feel like usually the kickoff happens around the time that we do a remote for the show.
Speaker 1: Right hold your breath on the on that day, all right, So the NFL schedule for that maybe not falling into place this year, all right, but well we will have a remote show. Cool, all right, let's get into it. Let's it's a it's a game called Guess Who. We're going to talk about some people in the NFL world who you know. These are people that matter, put it that way and veryone. Grab your whiteboard and a marker. The key to this game is we take turns laying out descriptions of this figure without trying to give it away immediately. Wait until the end of the setup to make your guests write it down on the board, and then we'll see if you guys are able to guess it correctly. I will get us going.
Speaker 6: Mark and I are making eyes at each other like, well, I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: I did I did it, I did it the exercise.
Speaker 4: How are you feeling now that I've I thought we would be guessing after each one, but now I'm going to adjust.
Speaker 1: Okay, clue, we have multiple clues.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's a it's it's a building.
Speaker 1: Tiered teers.
Speaker 4: We're all, we're all great improv actors. Like now it's time to maybe kill the one that was too obvious at the very end that I had ready.
Speaker 1: All right, hit it, funk, let's get into it. I am an important figure in the landscape of pro football.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's literally anyone.
Speaker 1: The look the look.
Speaker 3: Greg just gonna take my white board out of You should have seen the withering look that Mark just gave you.
Speaker 1: Greg when you started talking at.
Speaker 2: When when a share buddy?
Speaker 1: Because we all have one?
Speaker 2: Why would we found one under the table?
Speaker 6: I need I need a marker, but I don't want you to touch it.
Speaker 1: All right, I, in case you missed it, am an important figure in the landscape of pro football. Okay, I'm hot, or maybe I'm not. Hm, it's actually hard to say. Don't let people see your answer. My NFL career to this point has not been a disappointment, but you know, it's rarely been thrilling. I am I'm not the bust or a direct hit. The heighs have been memorable, but not iconic. The low's mostly forgettable or explained away. I'm laying in the weeds right now, mostly forgotten. As other players in my position group have assumed the mantle of the next big thing, I still could be the next big thing. Society moves so fast, and we tend to make snap judgments on things that require more time to effectively understand. You know what's up with that. I'm not the type to run my mouth in the media or write a dopey personal letter on Derek Jeeter's website. This is me direct to the people. I'm filtered by anyone booth enough, I'm actually largely formless in terms of personality, which has some ways ascribed to kind of mystery to me. Still, I remain a figure of legitimate intrigue and immense promise. Who am I? All right, we're gonna go around. Feel very confident?
Speaker 2: All right, well let me go to you third then, Okay, let's start with Colleie.
Speaker 6: I almost want to hear the clues again, but I know that's not part.
Speaker 1: Of the listening experience, and those at home could play along. Obviously, the game has layers.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to say that it is a quarterback, and that's correct. The first quarterback I wrote, give us a ding, Sam Howell.
Speaker 1: But leading a segment with Sam Howe would be to go Zach Wilson. All right, we're gonna go now to Greg.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to say no because he said this this person was not a bust uh So no, Zach Wilson. I wrote it down very early, and then as you got towards the end, I got I grew less confident.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going with Kyler Murray.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Okay, Mark Sessler, what's going on with your Why did you show your board by the oh maybe not.
Speaker 3: I got a little less confident as you crept along there too. I wrote this about two sentences in, but I went Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: That is correct that Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: I got stuck on Kyler and great job, Mark. Can you I know you'd get it well.
Speaker 3: I also, you know, I listened to what you say on the show, and Trevor Lawrence has been a figure that you brought up in the terms that you described it there multiple times.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable the way you see it all pays off. It does, having that level of the job.
Speaker 4: But isn't it interesting that Kyler also a number one overall draftic until you got to the part where like you had no idea about his personality, which that I was like, people kind of do have an idea about Kyler.
Speaker 2: He's been sort of has written posts. Let's start with that. I mean, is what Trevor Lawrence was like. He's like statuesque, but it's hard to tell if he's like classes.
Speaker 1: He's kind of like a Disney prince. But like when you take that and you take it out of animation and make it a real person, it's like, is that he looks a little almost too like angular and cartoonish.
Speaker 2: This is the main reason.
Speaker 1: How about you, Colleen, what do you think is Trevor Lawrence in an attractive man? I mean he's fine, no takes okay.
Speaker 2: I mean he's like six six I in person, he struck by him.
Speaker 6: He's a good looking kid. I look at him like he's a kid though, so.
Speaker 2: Well he is a full blown adult.
Speaker 1: But I get it though, and and uh and now you know, just to kind of go over and I do think he is laying in the weeds because he does have in that division where everyone now has counted out the Jacks, he could be the difference maker there if if and I know you've made a point of it, Greg, like if you go back and rewatch, that was an absurd Jaguar season. Last year was a disappointing one. Obviously, coming off.
Speaker 4: The Eagles kind of let them off the hook of like unbelievable collapses because they're at they had they like reverse outshined them.
Speaker 1: And Lawrence obviously the end of the season injured and was banged up. But there were so many different moments where Trevor Lawrence almost had a huge play, a huge touchdown, the balls bobbled or was one foot down in the back of the end zone like that was a hallmark of their season. Incredibly frustrating. So you kind of you wipe the board and he's obviously you would think, comes back one hundred percent healthy. They do not. I think Doug Peterson said, we're now We're no longer like the hunted, where the hunters and all that.
Speaker 2: I think if you believe in Doug Peterson, Connie.
Speaker 1: And I know that you have reason to believe in Peterson's Super Bowl champion, there are some pretty good bolletin board material and ways to get that team that does have talent, a lot of talent actually to buy into the idea that nobody believes it us and that matters in sports.
Speaker 4: It was a disappointing year for him, highest sack percentage he's ever had, struggled to like connect down the field, and then they suddenly had Gabe Davis and Brian Thomas Junior, who you know, there wasn't the plan. They wanted to keep Ridley and they got out bid. And those two guys are very similar to me, just like total burners. So it's sort of the opposite of last year where they weren't throwing the ball down the field. He felt a little too conservative, had a lot of interception. He wasn't bad, but this is a guy I kind of forgot this. But he hit a seventh in MVP voting in twenty twenty two. He actually got a few like third place votes there in MVP and else was the two.
Speaker 1: Quarterback of one of the great comebacks in playoff history in round one. He was fine, though, But you're right that the world moves on.
Speaker 4: That was the part where I thought you were talking about Kyler, because I was like, Kyler is sneaky, only one year older than Michael Pennox, like, and he's still a very talented player, and the world's really moved on from him.
Speaker 2: But Lawrence made more sense.
Speaker 1: I mean they were.
Speaker 3: I thought there were like trade whispers around Kyler Murray, like Trevor Lawrence is years away of unproductive play to be called a bust. I think, if anything, he's Oh he's good, big bounce back candidate.
Speaker 6: I need to write down the clues. Yeah, oh, I can reference them.
Speaker 4: As they bill all right, Now, this is like quarterback ranking season, and I've seen some pop up and I still see him creeping into the top ten, which surprised me.
Speaker 2: I would not. Did you roll that other market off the table?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: It was unintentional, but it rolled off the glass table.
Speaker 1: Who wants to go? Who wants to go next? Colleen?
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: I'm an NFL bad boy from Mississippi, Greg Rosevein that just enjoyed my first Pro Bowl season. I set franchise records my rookie year and melted hearts across this beautiful country. I have hair like a god, and my grandfather wanted me to be named Beowulf, after an old English poem about a hero from Sweden who travels to Denmark and kills man eating monsters and later in life, confronts and kills a fire breathing dragon, but dies in the effort.
Speaker 1: I remember that one from ninth grade.
Speaker 5: My current team was always my one seed, and unlike less Sneed, I certainly know how to change a tire. Oh after spending an off season on an old prison bus. I often find myself in a competition, but I'm still number one in your wife's heart. I like rock and roll, throwing dimes, catching up on my Hunter Thompson collection.
Speaker 6: Jockstraps and lava lamps.
Speaker 5: Keep me going strong into my sixth NFL season on my fourth team.
Speaker 6: I can go one more little bit here.
Speaker 2: But I like that none of us will get it at this point. But okay, maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Sixth the NFL season, four teams. M hm, the ladies love him? Okay, is from Mississippi. I'm happy.
Speaker 2: Number one wife's heart.
Speaker 1: That one is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's do you want to give us the last n sure?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: What I gonna write mine now?
Speaker 5: And just see I like denim and patches, aviators and bandanas.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm totally lost. I actually still don't really know. But I have a guest. Do you want to wait?
Speaker 2: I uh, how many teams did you say for?
Speaker 1: Oh? I think I know it is. That's still the number one in your wife's heart is a weird one to me.
Speaker 6: But all right, let's see who am I?
Speaker 1: We all are thrown up. I got Gardner Minshew Greg has Gardner Minshew Schler.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought it was a defensive player. You had me stumped intil I thought it was for some reason?
Speaker 6: Is that I am good jockstrap king? I am uncle Rea? I am Gardner Minshew, I don't do.
Speaker 2: Do you think that the typical wife longs for Gardner Minshoe?
Speaker 5: I think only because it's probably because I have a text chain with some people that you probably you all know who.
Speaker 1: On the ground reporting that's really that's what we Yeah, I mean, I guess he's conventionally attracted.
Speaker 2: I never I never put that together.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, she's sometimes personality though, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: I need to find out who's saying this. And also the way he carries himself with a lot of confidence, like I can understand.
Speaker 2: That personality, and the overall minsh resk and the great.
Speaker 1: Relationship with his dad like that kind of stuff is like, oh he's sweet too. Yeah, that was good. That was good. That was great. Kelly, you're on fire.
Speaker 6: Excellent.
Speaker 2: All right, Greg, you are up next.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Played the music I wish I got money.
Speaker 1: I don't need your bed mark. It was music.
Speaker 4: I was featured on the Netflix series qb QB one Beyond the Lights.
Speaker 1: UB one Yellow Lights.
Speaker 4: I changed my nickname in college because it was problematic. Oh no, Dixie, the owner of the team that drafted me, once called me a superhero.
Speaker 2: I've started seventeen games at my position since high school.
Speaker 4: In my first three starts, I had four rushing touchdowns, setting an NFL record.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give you the next one. I'll give it away.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm stuffed. I don't know who you guys are. Okay, how you doing? Mark?
Speaker 2: The seventeen starts threw me way up.
Speaker 6: Course since high school?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll give you one more then, which is I was a top five pick in the NFL draft.
Speaker 1: Oh, top five picks, seventeen high school.
Speaker 2: Starts, seventhin games at his position, since.
Speaker 1: I seventeen games at his position.
Speaker 2: Interly, maybe I made it too hard.
Speaker 1: I like it. You weren't going to give us the last one.
Speaker 2: He's only played so he's not a quarterback, but he was on the quarterback He was on the Netflix series show I don't know. I missed that one. QB one beyond the Lights is like a deep Greg cut. He changed his nickname in college. This is because it was problematic for me.
Speaker 1: That was can you give us the nickname?
Speaker 2: Maybe that was as a h Maybe I shouldn't even answered yet.
Speaker 3: Looking back, seventeen total starts or seventeen starts at the position, he was seventeen games at his position?
Speaker 7: Okay, and.
Speaker 6: Did he play different positions? What is this Ale's questions question?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Truth or dare I said what I said? That's not truth? All right?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, all right, let's look around the room. Marcus crost Out, Marcus Mariota.
Speaker 3: I thought, no, it's not Edelin, but I thought it was maybe Mariota until the seventeen starts off the wasn't he on the other quarterback?
Speaker 1: I'm totally as you was. You got me?
Speaker 6: Were they successful in the NFL?
Speaker 4: I wish at his position seems to really have thrown you. He didn't actually change positions?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Did you write anything?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I just wrote down the hints thinking it would help.
Speaker 2: All Right, I will get Should I give you the nickname?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: At least, but the nickname was ar fifteen? Oh, I mean it is Alan Robinson, it is Anthony Richard.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, we talked about.
Speaker 4: Spencer Radler was on that show too, and it hurt his I was like, also on that show. Get darted for that, Anthony Richards?
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, fifty uh seventeen. That's all there. Greg, that's a good one. Let's do a job by you, Greg. Yeah, I should have had that. The superhero thing, that's what ers said there right, Ers said that damn it. All right, let's take a break and we'll go around one more stumped us. All right, we're back. Mark, you're up. Okay, have your bored?
Speaker 2: Yes, here is my hero of my count good hold on here bored and Penn you're Mark?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Drums please drums.
Speaker 1: It's petsif on the head that the signs the movie.
Speaker 3: I'm a controversial figure lodged in the American Football Conference. I'm so controversial that some like to act as if I'm not even part of the league to make themselves feel better about their worldview, which says more about them than me.
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 3: When I'm not on the football field, I am involved with my music, and when I enjoy lunch, I like to have a glass of milk with freshly baked bread.
Speaker 1: Who the wouldn't bread is operating.
Speaker 3: I have an unusual name that small minded types make fun of because it's somewhat androgynous, and in fact used liberally by groups of young girls. I have a family line that dates back to the early sixteenth century. When I was a child, a relative gave me this write up about my lineage, which reads, we are typically hairy chested and live in houses and farms with people. We undertake a range of domestic and agricultural chores on the understanding that we get free board and lodging. Some people complain that I dominate the football field in a way that makes it tough to focus on the actual game. There's one more clue I can use it. Miles Garrett steps all over me, but he believes in me.
Speaker 2: What controversial figure? Oh okay, I guess you kind of gave it.
Speaker 1: I would bet that Greg hasn't.
Speaker 6: A name that girls use.
Speaker 2: Now thinking back to all the clues, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, I'll guess first of the weeks, I really don't know. First I thought it was like DeShawn but no, and then Mason Rudolph, But he was batting the helmet with a helmet by Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: Right, Taylor, Heineke, No, I mean you had it, Dan, It is Mason Rude I believe.
Speaker 1: No, not no, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't have I wrote Watson.
Speaker 2: It is never never discount utter confidence in you had it here it is it's Brownie the Elf.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, that's all right.
Speaker 2: That was the Brownies girls controversial figures. I like that mark.
Speaker 6: It was like a trendy thing on TikTok, like girls were calling guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, would any of us ever guess that?
Speaker 3: Because there is if you think about it, like a lot one of the people they had, they done poles for people. A lot of brown skins don't like that Midfield giant elf and it does on television depending on how the Browns are dressed.
Speaker 2: They get a little lost in the weeds visually.
Speaker 1: But he believes in me.
Speaker 4: No, I wish I I think he led us in a beautiful direction. The lineage was hilarious that that was good for some reason. Then I was like, all right, it must be Mason, rude, bread and milk.
Speaker 2: That's the true thing about them, according to what's a.
Speaker 1: All right, who's up here?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I can't tap that?
Speaker 6: Okay, big funk, Here we go. I'm both the what oh god, jeez, you're so needy. Okay, here we go again. I'm going to kill you.
Speaker 5: I'm going to slap you, all right, go ahead, you're good, Okay. I'm both the villain and the hero, the sinner and same. I will dictate your future, whether you like it or not. I'm tied to not one but all. I'm everywhere and nowhere, and once I have bestow the fruits of my labor, they will be etched in stone for the rest of time.
Speaker 6: Whoa, Now it's it's my turn, my time. I'm the darling. I call the shots, I do the interviews, I get the shine.
Speaker 1: It's about me, okay.
Speaker 6: I operate in the shadows with a deep network of intelligence.
Speaker 5: I have the answers. You only have questions. But soon my information will be revealed. I will again retreat to my bunker of silence. A seemingly endless array of combinations is my wheelhouse only. Cynthia Freelan likes algorithms more than me. And if you tell my secrets before I'm ready to share, the wrath of the almighty.
Speaker 6: Will take you swiftly and the rapture will begin. Who am I?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 1: That was well written. Thank you. I'm gonna go with Howie Roseman.
Speaker 2: No, No, I went NFL schedule makers.
Speaker 6: Okay, is that that's close enough? Who did you have?
Speaker 1: I went with the Raiser.
Speaker 6: I am Mike north Pp of Broadcast plan.
Speaker 4: How I'm gonna file uh an official complaint and.
Speaker 2: Tell me that none of it, like any of.
Speaker 1: That was everything that out now that I'm listening now going through my head. Yes, everything does connect technically except me.
Speaker 3: Hell, Racer doesn't disappear into the shadows, so I feel he's constantly with us times.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's fun. That's a fun one. That was Mike Norris.
Speaker 6: I love Mike nor so much.
Speaker 1: Going to get a text like, yeah.
Speaker 4: What I believe, but yeah, people in that office listen to this show, Well shut up. I imagined many times that they were basically right around the corner when I had a desk at the NFL offices in business development, and then saw them over the years, and I believe they are fans of around the NFL.
Speaker 1: All right, we have one more, okay, and it will be from Greg Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: My career.
Speaker 4: Started, much like Mark Sessler, by writing a letter to a famous NFL figure.
Speaker 2: This NFL figure was Ron Wolfe.
Speaker 1: Letter all right.
Speaker 4: A recent video counted the number of times I said the word buddy during the NFL draft. I said it twenty two times.
Speaker 6: Buddy.
Speaker 2: I currently have a.
Speaker 4: Lot of dip on my chip, including the making of a social video right before the draft, arguably mocking our team's fans that were up in arms over a silly story.
Speaker 2: A lot of dip, A lot of it's as.
Speaker 1: I helped to acquire.
Speaker 4: Every member of my franchise's only title except for four. One of those four players was Brandon Mebane. Should I leave it there? I have a yes, Okay, I think you've got it. The last one is probably gonna.
Speaker 1: Give it away. That actually is not what gave it away. But I don't even know if I'm right.
Speaker 2: Okay, my last two just for the hell of it. Mark does have it right?
Speaker 4: Is that I'm famous for a shirtless picture, Yes, and that I oh quietly pushed out the man this offseason most associated with my success.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I had it wrong.
Speaker 2: Actually, I thought.
Speaker 3: Maybe that Elliott Wolfe wrote Ron Wolfe a letter at first, but I crossed that out. I thought Chris Ballard was spicy during the draft. Trent Balki had that thing happened to him.
Speaker 2: That John Schneider, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Night, Oh that's good, that's real good.
Speaker 1: A lot of dip on the chip, I've noticed.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the silly Seahawks story though, so everyone was upset that the new coach took down pictures in the hallway. This is like a this is an off season trope, by the way, that new coaches do this, and then the fans get upset. Supposedly they had taken down a lot of the pictures in certain parts of the hallways of the Seahawks. So then Schneider and Mike McDonald taped multiple social clips, like in front of various pictures saying how they were excited for the draft.
Speaker 2: That was a fun move.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 6: Dip on my chip is real great.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm just noticing, like we're noticing with Chris Ballard certain things, there's a there's a difference this Schneider. It's kind of like he's been almost like a vibe like he's been in this middle management position. Not that he has been, but as if the boss that he's always been waiting to leave is gone and now he's running the show a lot.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's happening in our newsroom at times.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm pretty I don't want to say I'm pretty sure, but who knows. But I think less Need is a dip guy, by the way, So that's where.
Speaker 4: I was I was thinking, Yeah, I was thinking more like the phrase, you know, got a dip on your chip.
Speaker 1: You're like Dick Clark over here, world teenager, you have too much dip on your chip means that being lost and something can affect other parts of your life.
Speaker 6: I've never heard this phrase before.
Speaker 2: Phrase uses hurt to encourage you, but not to rule you. What the I think it's I think of it also sometimes to TikTok.
Speaker 4: For instance, like Baker may Field would strike me as a person that's sometimes even on the field, that a little too much dip for his chip. He almost trying to trying to be a little too much extra. And maybe it's yeah, it's gonna come back to might see.
Speaker 6: I'm a heavy dipper, so I don't know, like it's tough.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a lot of there's an old Texan saying that I know from my family now that too much sugar for a dime? Huh. I like that. I don't know I did what it means, but too much sugar for a dime is like it's not worth it, It's not worth the trouble.
Speaker 3: The other one, the other phrase can only be post chips and salt. And I was trying to think, how long have chips and salts have been around, does anyone know?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Fifty four years show should have ended about five minutes time. Chips and Dip nineteen ninety two, that's when it started.
Speaker 4: And yeah, he came up through that Ron Wolf Packers front office back in the day, John Schneider.
Speaker 1: Very nice, very nice.
Speaker 6: All right, that is it Elliott Wolf writing Ron Wolf le.
Speaker 2: I thought I might have been how that relationship again.
Speaker 1: But it's just well, I think if you gain much earlier. All right, let's take a break and we'll close up.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 1: Very nice, very nice, Colleen. We are wrapping things up. By the way, Big soccer weekend coming up. Oh boy, Slynn Patel, my buddy owner impossibly of West Brom Big big home and home with South Hampton, actually reached out to joining Gonzales. You're familiar with work, yes to kind of explain to me what's at stake this weekend for West Brom, the team, the footy team of around the NFL. Anyway, West Brom plays South Hampton at a home and home. Winner of that on aggregate advances to play winner of Norwich City and Leeds. Winner of that is promoted to the Premium League Premiere excuse Jesus Christ, that is the Premium League. It's not totally wrong.
Speaker 6: And it's Premier League Premier Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Premier the Premium Premier League.
Speaker 4: And John never too late for a rebrand for them. Yeah, South Southampton and Leeds got relegated from Premier last season, so this is huge.
Speaker 1: In fact, Shelyn had told me if they do jump up to the Premier League, there might be a private jet involved and a trip to celebrate for you, no, like for the group.
Speaker 5: Does that happen during the summer of Connie. Yeah, this is why I keep my schedule open.
Speaker 1: I'd have to go back and check the wording to see if it like involves Mark for instance. But I think it was like a collective. He was just like, yeah, Greg, you know Colleen, all the guys. You please clarify. Yeah, and I do. Now, speaking of Big Funk, Big Funk is actually kind of our source. He really knows you know, you're a big fan of that. The European the Premium League. I love.
Speaker 7: I love Premier League, so below so believe below the Premier League, it's called the EFL Championship English Football leagu Championship. Below that you have Leagues two and one, and then below that is like the national side. It's a pyramid pretty much the way it constructs. That's why sometimes online you'll see you know, ninth tier side whatever played against League two side whoever, such and such. So it's a big it's a big deal because when you get that mona should.
Speaker 1: Be so much better with your theme song underneath it, by everything. All right, I feel all right, start over, okay, sure, So it's an inverted pyramid, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 6: So the top of the top is the Premier League, regular pyramid pyramids in big.
Speaker 1: It's a year.
Speaker 2: All the leagues, okay, go ahead, Oh all right.
Speaker 7: So the way it works is you want to get promoted up because if you get promoted up, you get TV money, you know, you get sponsorship money. That's why private jets, you get private jets. And the opposite happens when you get relegated. So if you get bumped down, bumped down a league, you lose players, you lose out on lots of revenue, and sometimes that can leave teams in financial ruin. So it's a really big deal with these guys get promoted because just because you make it one year doesn't guarantee you'll make it the next year. Right, last year Coventry made it with Luton, Luton got promoted. Coventry ended up eighth this year, and so you can you can like you can make it really close and then be stuck in that league for a decade, for decades.
Speaker 1: So it's the last time that West Brom has been in the Premier League.
Speaker 7: I think it's been a little under ten years. I don't remember exactly. For instance, second place side if which which finished below Lester they're automatically promoted. Is the first time in twenty years they've been promoted. So and I think they're called the boys for the tractors, but they're getting promoted up.
Speaker 1: So it's a big deal. So all right, that's a great Rundown, Thank you very much. You bet you. I think it's a yeah, West bromp up West Brom. There about that?
Speaker 2: And I mean, your friend is.
Speaker 4: Coming over your house at six fifteen in the morning or something to watch this.
Speaker 1: I'm down if anybody wanted to come over to watch it, I would not turn the door.
Speaker 3: Your friend is about those doors very very sounds wealthy to begin with, the whole contingent.
Speaker 6: I mean, or even with you, you're basically Dan. How does it feel I'm.
Speaker 1: The friend of a rich person that doesn't really help you? Actually, what does.
Speaker 2: If he sends his jet?
Speaker 1: That's true? What if you were in need?
Speaker 6: Nice experience, nice little PJ action.
Speaker 1: What do you mean like come to him with my hand out? That's not my style? Well it's not. I don't come in my hand out. If you were in your need, would he could help help you? But you would?
Speaker 6: You would fly on the private jet?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a little bit, you would do absolutely. Yes. What if they gave me a list of you know, seven people can go on the jet?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that would be Dan's dream to pick this up.
Speaker 2: I'd definitely hold interviews.
Speaker 6: It would become a full reality.
Speaker 1: Show, right, it would be.
Speaker 2: It would take care of a lot of summer programming for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Be good, All right, thank you everybody for listening. Go baggies, let's do this thing, and we'll be back on Monday with more football goodness. And yes, I believe we'll talk about the schedule at some point as well, whenever they deign to let us know officially.
Speaker 2: Take your time.
Speaker 1: Mike North we'll be here northy until then, Heed the call