Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: In this Thursday Masters Underway Beautiful Day in augusta update the early leader board there, Scotti Scheffler and Rory McElroy are the two overwhelming favorites here NBA Home Stretch. He had the big game last night in Dallas as Luca drops forty five. I was interested in how the crowd would react to Anthony Davis, or how the Lakers would react to Anthony Davis, because he's sort of that odd man out, like you're a part of this, Like we got you, and it's not like it was we got AD for Luca. It was you weren't going to play Luca. We have to get somebody or some things in return, and you get Anthony Davis. And I don't know if Dallas fans whenever they see Ad, they don't see Luca. Therefore, you almost by proxy, are mad at Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis didn't do anything. He was just as surprised as Luca was. In fact, he even said that after the game he was like two months ago. I told Luca, we're both surprised, but great game, and he had more than a great game because the ability to be able to compartmentalize. He did, because you have all this emotion and their video tribute. You could see that it is on his face, and he said, I didn't know how I was going to play.
Speaker 3: And then you go out and.
Speaker 2: You get fourteen in the first quarter, then you have seventeen. Now you have thirty one at a halftime, and then you could take a big sigh of relief, a deep breath, and you're able to move forward.
Speaker 3: Here's Luca after the game.
Speaker 4: It was a little bit of both, you know, happy and angry. But you know, it's nice to see some familiar faces here. You know, I spent a lot of times with them, Like you said, you know, it was a lot of emotions. When I woke up, I was tired and lie I didn't sleep much. I'm excited my this game. And you know I refichet the fence the way they reacted it to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they cheered him. They reacted the way I thought they were going to. Every time he touched the ball, every time he did something, gave him a standing ovation because he didn't want to leave. You know, Jimmy Butler goes back to Miami. Well, those fans were like, all right, well, we can cheer you, but then once we start playing, we're going to boo you because you're the opposition. And he wanted out of Miami. Now Klay Thompson didn't want out of Golden State. They just weren't going to pay him and ended up sending him to Dallas. So you have these reunions, but this was a reunion where it's not like you go, oh, this guy was one of us for ten years. I mean, Luca was there for five years, took you to an NBA finals, he was first team All NBA five years in a row, and then all of a sudden you decide to treat him. He was just building his dream home. So it's not like he goes uh man, I think about grown Dallas to leave, Hey, I want to go to La. That never happened. I still think, looking back on this is what Dallas didn't get. I just kept thinking, for Luca, you have to get more. And if you're Dallas, how do you sell hey, here's Luca without selling him as damaged goods? Because the first thing I would say is why are you getting rid of him? That would have been my first question if I'm the Laker's front office Rob Polinka, I'd go, well, why are you getting rid of him?
Speaker 3: Are you going to be honest? Or if you're Rob Polinka, you're like, I'm not going to say anything.
Speaker 2: How about I I just say yeah, yeah, say it real quick. But that's first thing i'd want to know is, well, why are you making him available? Because are you going to say, well, he won't get in shape. We don't want to spend that kind of money. New ownership doesn't want to spend that money. They want to use their money. Differently, if you're the Lakers, do care? Do you care what their reason is? Because that's where I would be like, yeah, I get that, Yeah I understand that. Yeah, sure, it's a lot of money. Yes it is, yeah, Nico, Yeah it is. Meanwhile, you're probably high fiving people behind you, or you put your hand or you mute the phone, and you're like, we're gonna he's going to treat them. Yeah, Yeah, I certainly understand that. Yeah, Yeah, you know it's sometimes motivating players tough. It's a lot of money to pay them. Yeah, I certainly understand that. Well, yeah, we'll take them off your hands. I guess, Well, what's poll question for the final hour of the program?
Speaker 3: There is he o counter. Well, I don't know about that.
Speaker 5: Uh we have one here off of the Is there a way to do one off of.
Speaker 3: The Master's dinner? Okay?
Speaker 5: About either Paul likes to do. Who you would want to sit next to? That's the Champions dinner? But that was Tuesday night. Yeah, that wasn't last night, right, okay?
Speaker 2: So uh I I'd like to sit next to Freddy Couples. Faldo is always fun, He's sneaky fun.
Speaker 5: Oh does a ton of fun?
Speaker 3: Tiger wasn't there? Jack Nicholas might be.
Speaker 5: Who do you not want to sit next?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: My favorite part of this picture is how uniform most of it is. Everybody's wearing their green jackets. Obviously almost everybody has that same hat tan. That's kind of hilarious to go like guy by guy, like super tan right here and like pale white up here.
Speaker 2: That would be where when you're not playing golf, I think you should focus on the rest of your body getting tanned, especially your forehead, because they wear hats and then you see them when they take off their hats and then it's like this big white forehead there, but that is the Champions dinner from Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, we.
Speaker 7: Should make a PGA forehead bronzer a very niche market.
Speaker 3: What other poll questions do you have?
Speaker 5: Well, hey, let me update you from what we're working with already.
Speaker 3: All right, we got up there. What is TJ.
Speaker 5: Watts signaling in that social media picture right now? Utah, get me too? Is up to twenty seven percent? Not bad world peace only twenty percent. Nobody cares about world peace. Fifty three percent have him saying trade me. That is a piece. I'm out of here. And if you gave Mark Cuban a mulligan, would he take three point five billion dollars or give that back and have Lucas still be on the maps? That has now switched. Fifty one percent have taking him taking the three point five billion.
Speaker 2: So Luca goes for forty five. That's just season high that he matched. He is the first player to score at least forty five points for two different teams in the same season since nineteen eighty eight eighty nine. One other player scored at least forty five points for two different teams in the same season. Marvin Adrian Danley No, that's a good guess. This is a guy that you wouldn't think would score forty five points for one team, let alone two any other takers. There By the way I walked by, PAULI has his pickleball shoes on, and these guys are going to go practice today with they're getting ready for the rematch at Lambeau. And I thought Paulie is really invested in the return match, the rematch here you're paired with Fritzi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a rematch with different teams.
Speaker 2: Yes, because Todd dominated Todd and Seaton dominated, and Marvin is going to play left handed, which he is left handed. That so that's a big advantage for Seaton.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Seten, Yeah, Well, you know, I was I was happy that Todd got his flowers for being such a dominant force. There's a little bit of an impression that he carried me. I reject, I reject soundly.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Also, there is a little bit of a storyline that maybe Marvin sunk his team, and I also rejected that as well.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure it's one hundred percent his fault. Oh, it's not one hundred percent Marvin's. I would say it's probably fifty one percent, Paully forty nine.
Speaker 5: Mar Marvin really is the one that took the brunt of that.
Speaker 3: Yes he do.
Speaker 2: I think I gave too much blame to Marvin and too much credit to Todd. Agreed, Yes, but that's why you can't trust the media. Yeah, well he spun a narrative. Yes, you wanted to, Yes, sat out there. Yes, well, I know the sensitivity level of Todd, and we were in New Orleans the entire week, and I wanted to play to his strengths by saying nice things about him. And he did a really good job all week. And pickleball, you could see where the high school tennis team, but second team doubles.
Speaker 8: Second doubles. Yes, three people get sick or hurt. I even have a chance to play.
Speaker 2: And you actually played against somebody, a boy in a wheelchair in one of your tennis matches.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a couple of games.
Speaker 3: Did you win?
Speaker 8: It was very close. I think I just barely got him. There was a close call on the line there with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, all the dan nets they're going out today. There's a practice session to get ready for the rematch at Lambo. Well, outside of Lambo, at the bar On homegrown way. Okay, so the player who had at least forty five points in the same season for two different teams. He played for the Celtics in one of the games. One of those games Paul Danny Inge. Yes, you wouldn't think Danny Ainge would have forty five for any team. The other one was Sacramento.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stat of the day not you buy Pennini America the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show, Mark and Oregon. Hey Mark, What's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: ADP?
Speaker 10: First Time, Longtime.
Speaker 11: Five ten and a soft.
Speaker 10: Two fifty soft.
Speaker 12: Say.
Speaker 11: I recently saw an episode of land Man with the truly great time Billy Bob Thornton, and Jerry Jones makes a cameo in which he visits a fellow oil man played by your friend John Hamm in the hospital whose character just had like his third or fourth heart attack working himself to death. In the touching monologue and really was, Jerry tells the ham character that he bought the Cowboys so he could spend quality tan with his family enough to make money or win trophies if you can believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah. The irony though, is that I instantly thought of the famous real game video of Jerry and Stephen Jones in their luxury box, with Jerry handing Steven his eyeglasses so Stephen could clean his glasses.
Speaker 11: Quality Towan indeed.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, thank you. Mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think by all accounts, the reviews were pretty good on Jerry Jones in Land Man, So we found something he's really good at. Right now, that's not fair, that's not fair. Hey, they're all in this off season, be nice. Yeah, and you still have this rumor out there that maybe Dak Prescott could be traded. Dak Prescott's not going to be traded. Do they move on from Dak press Scott at some point? The answer is, I think yes, But you've still got to pay Micah Parsons like they got. They're so top heavy, and then you're trying to fill out a roster where you're competing with the Eagles and the Commanders in your own division. And that's where I wonder, what can you do to hit a reset button here? Then they do have the talent, they don't have enough talent. It feels like, yeah, Pauline.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it does feel like they're in kind of no man's land. They've got so much invested. No one's dropped off to the point where you could move on from them like a CD Lamb or any players. They haven't become bad.
Speaker 2: Well, Dak Prescott once again injury prone. We had a lot of money. I don't know how you can well, I wouldn't have given the extension. I've said that before, but you know Jerry and he did this on what the day the NFL season started, that Sunday morning. I think they extended Dak Prescott. He got all the attention in the world because every one of those pregame shows, it's talking about Jerry and Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. Jason in Atlanta, Hi, Jason, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: What was going on?
Speaker 3: DP?
Speaker 13: Always a pleasure to talk to you. Shout out to the Danz. Love what you guys are doing. Got a little story to tell. So back when I was twelve years old, a family friend had invited me to attend a golf tournament. At twelve, I thought I knew everything. Didn't like playing golf, didn't like watching golf, turned down going to the tournament. Turns out the tournament I turned down attending at twelve years old, Augustin National, the Master's Tournament the year I turned it down, nineteen ninety seven, Tiger Wood when and I will live with this sports regret for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Appreciate what y'all do.
Speaker 10: Have a great day.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Jason, Yeah, yeah, I resat that one.
Speaker 2: He's that the Greg Norman meltdown as well Ben Crenshaw when he won. It's just it's a great tournament because there's so many storylines there. There's always something someone like when you're watching Jordan Speeth on the twelfth and he's just hitting ball after ball into Rays Creek and having.
Speaker 3: Played that, so you play.
Speaker 2: Some of the holes that you play are the same distance as the pros do. Now other ones they've moved the tea's back, like eleven is impossible, but you know twelve it's one fifty one forty nine, so you know you can hit an eight iron And you're watching Jordan's Speith and you're going to he's acting like I should be. I would be on that hole. You know thirteen, they hadn't lengthened that yet, moved the tea box back, so you're playing the same sixteen, you're playing the same I mean, that's the fun part of it when you watch it. If you get that chance to play, they're playing the same distance that you are, but just visually it's awesome and it can be challenging on any golf course any event. I don't like going to a golf event unless I just stay at one hole. And you see when I've gone to Augusta, I put a chair down early, early, early in the morning as soon as you get in, or if you happen to know somebody in quotation marks who can put the chair down for you for a nominal nominal fee. And then you go there and people are respectful, they don't move your chair, sit in your chair.
Speaker 3: It's your chair.
Speaker 2: And then I just sat there at sixteen and you see everybody come through. It's a part three. So you're getting action all the time right in front of you. But trying to follow a player around, a group around, that's really challenging. There's it's almost impossible because you're kind of like and then they'll do those periscope things where you can look in and it you know, it stands above the crowd. I don't know if they still allow those, but they are periscopes where you look in and it'll be above the crowd and then you could see the action going on. Let me take a break here. We'll come back with more phone calls. And we're still looking for NFL news, which I don't know if we get anything, maybe next week as you lead up to the draft. But I think that's why a lot of people are looking at the TJ. Watts story and going what it's a cryptic message that he's sending out a peace sign? Is he unhappy with his contract when he sees Miles Garrett and Max Crosby making a lot more than him. Micah Parson's going to make a lot more than him, and he's got one year left on his deal. This the same day where you got Shdor Sanders in town to visit with the Steelers.
Speaker 1: We'll take a break. We're back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox Sports Radio and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 14: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 12: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 15: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 12: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 14: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 12: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 14: Check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's could be and Rich.
Speaker 2: I saw where Victor Cruz was trending yesterday. Former wide receiver gained notoriety playing for the Giants. He had his little salsa touchdown dance, but He was on the Rory and Mal podcast yesterday and he was talking about the Chicago Bears organization.
Speaker 16: Something they tell you in the league often is like, oh it ain't you know when you leave the Giants it ain't the same everywhere, or like it ain't.
Speaker 15: And I'm like, well, I'm like, I'm going to the Bears.
Speaker 16: Heralded organization been around for a hundred years, Like they absolutely run a high level organization there.
Speaker 15: And I got there and I was looking around. I was like, it is trashn't it.
Speaker 16: Food was trash, ownership was trash. Wow, Chicago coaching staff was trashed at that part. But I mean I meant in the organization, Cafetciria like that.
Speaker 15: Time, it was just awful.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the first thing I was said to Victor Cruz is who did your homework? You could have learned about the Bears in their cheap front office. That would have been pretty easy. That information readily available there. The facility not a great facility, certainly not the stadium that you're playing in. So I would say I'm going to put that on Victor Cruz that you didn't know what you were going into. And yes, the Giants took care of you. But if you're going someplace else, all you got to do is ask a couple of players. So I kind of surprised that, you know, he'd been waiting for somebody to ask him about his stint with the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 17: Yes, Barb, do you think because the Chicago Bears are a marquee franchise, he's just thinking to himself, ah r, they're probably going to be just like the Giants. They've been around one hundred years also, so you know what they're going to be, you know, top of the top when it comes to everything in that franchise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's historical, but it's not not a great franchise. They've had their moments, but you know, by all accounts, that's a cheap front office ownership group there. And now they want to move out of Chicago, and you know, they tried. They renovated Soldier Field kind of where they had a spaceship that landed inside of Soldier Field and they go, look, we're we're catching up with the other stadiums there. But uh, yeah, I'm surprised that Victor Cruz was surprised. Yeah, Paul, just a counter.
Speaker 7: I looked up Victor Cruz's stats with the Bears that one year.
Speaker 3: Let me look at these real quick. Zero catches, zero yards and zero touchdown.
Speaker 15: Day day, Stan outa day.
Speaker 5: This is the stule of.
Speaker 2: The Day, brought to by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. I'm guessing he averaged z row yards per catch as well, you'd be right, yeah, okay?
Speaker 3: How long was he there?
Speaker 7: I think he was on the roster when he's rehabbing his knee and it never went anywhere.
Speaker 3: Oh okay. Do you think with better facilities he would have been able to read? Bears took down Victor Kruz. They usually take down quarterback. Yeah. I like Victor Kruz.
Speaker 2: He was He was good on TV, a good interview, But I didn't know that he was angry at the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 15: He said trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 2: Time for our Dower rankings or you dowur on. Now this could be a team, a player, a sport, Todd Dower rankings.
Speaker 8: I continue to be Dower on the Pittsburgh Steelers. Now, the NFL drift is exactly two weeks away, and a storied organization is being held hostage. For lack of a better word by Aaron Rodgers, and for them not to have a deadline yet or any kind of news at all that would give us a feeling that this is coming to an end anytime soon is embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's going to be after the draft where they figure out what they're going to do, or Aaron Rodgers decides what he's going to do.
Speaker 3: Seton Dower rankings.
Speaker 5: Phoenix sunsa man drop eight in a row. You're trying to get yourself into the playing game. I know Kevin Durant's been hurt, but man, that is not the season everybody was expecting right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just didn't get their fifty million out of Bradley Beal this year. Yeah, I'm really surprised at that, Marvin.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna go with the Atlanta Braves. They had a lot of high expectations, the challenge the Dodgers in the National League, and they are two and nine. They are last in the NL East.
Speaker 2: Okay, little banged up. It's early Paul Dower rankings.
Speaker 7: I also had the Phoenix Suns three years ago sixty four wins this year thirty five. Locked into a bunch of expensive players, felt like a lot of hope with new ownership and going nowhere fast.
Speaker 2: Well, we were there when they got Durant at the Super Bowl and we're like, oh my god, that's interesting. Kd's made some interesting choices. He really has where I thought, Okay, he's gonna stay with Okac. They came close to knocking off Golden State. No, No, he's going to Golden State. Oh Man, he can stay there the rest of his career with those guys. Okay, he wants out, He's going to New oh Man. If he goes to the Knicks with Stephan Marbury and they bring that franchise back to life, the bill a statue, Oh, he's going to Brooklyn. Then after Brooklyn, you know, they almost had a deal with the Celtics that Brooklyn and the Celtics and Jalen Brown and maybe another player were going to Brooklyn and KD was going to Boston and then I don't know who called the trade off, but imagine that because I think they there was the and it's not a consensus at all, but there were a lot of people in the NBA who thought Tatum and Brown played the same position. You can't have both of those guys got to move one guy and maybe this is when they were thinking about doing that, but they were going to bring in Kevin Durant, and I'm thinking, well, does KD and Jason Tatum have similar games, similar size, need the ball all the time.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marman.
Speaker 17: As far as Kevin Duran's concerned, what will he be remembered as like, as far as the team, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think he will. I think you'll just think one of the great scorers of all time because I like what he did with OKC and what they had there could have been something really really special. And then you go to Golden State, Okay, and then he didn't want to stay whatever. You know, his in house feud was with Draymond Green or just it wasn't fun playing there. But then you go to Brooklyn, you go to Phoenix. So I guess Golden State because he was great when he was at Golden State, went a couple of titles and near the MVP in the finals. But the numbers he put up with OKC, I mean, you know, remember he brought his book bag with him, you know, his a little you know, shoulder bag and backpack, and you're like, this is great.
Speaker 3: He signed an extension, you know, no big news.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, Katie signed an extension, and then all of a sudden, it's like, and you got Golden State. You have him, you can beat him, and then you join him. Then I think that's where it changed. Yes, you got a couple of titles, but I think people's perception of him changed dramatically because imagine if they built something in okc and they had the talent, but then if you don't want to play with Russell Westbrook, I mean, you were so close to one of those great stories.
Speaker 3: Yes, they were up three to one.
Speaker 17: I know they were up three to one, and then you go to the team that beat you three one.
Speaker 3: No no no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 17: That's tough in Oklahoma City what they were building there. Yeah, they're super young. That's why would say the most dangerous thing about saying about a young team is they'll be back.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, Paul, I have a bonus dowur ranking with your permission. I was looking at the UFL, the Spring Football League.
Speaker 3: I told you not to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, I should have listened to my bad Uh. I'm watching the ratings. I'm not saying it's going to happen. But I think if this UFL does not work out and it's not going the right direction in year two, this will be the last spring football league for a good run, a good possible generation. There's been too many tries over the past decade, and this one had a lot of good backers and partners, but the ratings are not there in year two.
Speaker 2: They should just do a spring league where they just have college teams that.
Speaker 3: Play one another, like a four game set, and like.
Speaker 2: Dion has been, you know, saying hey, can we play Syracuse in our spring game? Maybe you do spring football where you just do spring games. You're not going to play them during the regular season. You have a month of spring games that to me would be pretty entertaining. You would get some TV ratings as well. Let's see Kurt in Wisconsin. Hi, Kurt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 18: Hi?
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me, guys, first time, long time, five ten, one, seventy five. We need fighting machine.
Speaker 3: A couple things.
Speaker 19: Those guys that were calling in that we're missing a couple plums. I was actually fortunate enough to be born with a third one, so I'm serious that I'd be willing to donate, you know, if you want to, you know, cook, cook hook them up.
Speaker 2: But so you're going to put one of your testicles up on eBay and then if somebody would like to, uh secure, that is what you're saying, although I think you can't put body parts up on eBay, but you're saying that you would, you would make one of your testicles available for a fellow listener of this show.
Speaker 3: I'd be willing to know what the heck? Okay, yes, Paul, yeah, because otherwise you're a testicle hoarder. You don't want to do that. You want to be that. Other guys are Jones in for two yeah three Peete, yes, Tom, Yeah, you.
Speaker 8: Should put the three balls in the side pocket somewhere else.
Speaker 2: You proud of yourself that time a little bit? Okay, I can tell me, uh, Paul in Green Bay? Hi, Paul, would's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Dan six' two a soft two forty.
Speaker 6: SOFT i have an offer for you the Dan ET's and the Prg, okay the offer for you a limited edition twelve year twelve year old whistle pig for the Dan ats a bottle Of irish whiskey THAT i guarantee will be one of their top Three irish whiskeys they've ever, tasted and for THE brg a case Of Spotted cow beer an institution here In, wisconsin here In Green, bay and in exchange two front row seats For friday show at the bar In Green bay.
Speaker 2: Going TO i would have to discuss this because first of, all it's drafts at the draft courtesy Of Miller life And Keeper's heart is one of our sponsors as. Well So, Paul i'm going to have to turn that. DOWN i know these are all quality products that you're providing. Here, yes we don't want to just open up the floodgates the bribes for seats at the.
Speaker 3: EVENT i mean, NO i don't THINK i should be opening that.
Speaker 2: Up, OKAY i just want to be Quietly, okay what would you give us to be able to sit front?
Speaker 3: Row but thank you for the. Offer choose those on instinct right? There, yeah, YEAH i Mean Spotted cow is.
Speaker 2: Wonderful we've received some packages shipments from people In wisconsin and.
Speaker 3: Our patch kids work as. Well i'm just throwing that. Out, Yeah, no you don't need to be you can't. Quit i'm.
Speaker 2: Aware what is That if you go back to Where mario is directing the. Show there's all this candy and sometimes Like i'll keep an eye on seat and a seat because he you, know he's trying to wean himself off of jelly. Beans and then all of a sudden we got some gushers and then all of a sudden seat and spending a little more time back there With mario as he's loading up on his.
Speaker 5: UH i know When i'm, like, well as long as it's not the nine o'clock, hour THEN i.
Speaker 3: Don't feel too bad about. It, yeah he waits till. TEN i. Try, yeah your your brunch. Gushers, yes time there's.
Speaker 8: A gumball machine filled WITH m and, m's and then you go towards the back there's big begs Of doritos and, pretzels hot dogs being clo starting like eight.
Speaker 3: Am it's not a good. Scene, yeah it's. Not it is if you don't care about.
Speaker 2: Eating right, Now dorsey In North, Carolina High, dorsey what's on your?
Speaker 3: Mind?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 9: Dan hey, time long. Time, yeah one hundred and sixty three point. Eight, Hey i'm just watching The masters And i'm seeing all these guys from L I. V and to, me L iv is a. Cancer all those guys are, more no more than poors for lack of a better. Word they all took the money and they all, ran and now they're begging to get. Back no place for him here in my.
Speaker 3: Lifetime, YEAH i understand. It if you're old.
Speaker 2: School you, know if you want to go play and you want to play on The Lift, tour travel around the, world, great you have that, option you can do. THAT i just don't think you should be able to come back to THE Pga tour. Like you can't have the best of both. Worlds, now if you've won The, masters you get to come. Back all the former winners get to play if they are capable of. Playing BUT i JUST i don't think as much as THE Pga tour would love to have those players and the fans would love to be able to see, THEM i JUST i think you've got to draw a line with. It you can't have both best of both worlds. There AND i don't know if we're headed towards any resolution, here BUT i know that you can't survive with two different.
Speaker 3: Tours it just it won't.
Speaker 2: Happen and you do have live as all that saldi money until they at some point, go what are we getting? Here you, know they want at least a return on their, investment BUT i don't know what that. Is could just, be, hey we want you to look at us differently than you have in years and decades.
Speaker 3: Before this is that what they?
Speaker 2: Want is that what they're, getting and if they're getting, that then maybe they continue to shell out this kind of. Money but THE Pga, tour you, know is in a fragile state as. WELL i don't care what they tell you.
Speaker 3: Do need to.
Speaker 2: Have there aren't enough must see golfers in the on THE Pga, tour just not you Need, Deshambo John rahm would be, great and Even, sergio you, Know mickelson playing a little. Bit you, know there's some really good golfers, there but they should be really good. Golfers and this is what will happen if And live will you, know toot their own horn if one of their players is in contention or a couple of players will be, like, yeah well look at The Live. Tour you're paying hundreds of millions of. Dollars they should be really. Good it's no one's surprised If deshambo is playing On sunday and in contention on the back. Nine no one Or Brooks koepka Or John. Rahm they shouldn't be. Surprised but this isn't A, hey look at the guys we. Got you've spent hundreds of millions of dollars to get. Them you should they should be really. Good nobody should be. Surprised all, right last call for phone. Calls what we, learned what's in store? Tomorrow right after, this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: WAP i think Meet, friday we might be Taking Scottie Scheffler's Champions dinner. MENU i think that's what we're looking. AT i Think dylan is going to do the. Cooking so THERE'S i know There's texas, chili there's, steak and.
Speaker 3: There's, shrimp there's chocolate. Cake what?
Speaker 2: Else there's one? Other, OH i think there's a red. Snapper there's cheeseburger. Sliders all THOSE.
Speaker 3: I, think, no no, funny.
Speaker 7: Yeafful how weird is it That Scotti shuffler has been arrested more recently Than dylan the graphics guy THAT i know.
Speaker 2: Of so that'll be the. Menu tomorrow for a Meet. Friday final results of the poll question There.
Speaker 5: Seaton let's, see we GOT. Tj, watt what is he? Signaling trade me is at up to fifty five. Percent i'm a little disappointed now that, Well utah get me too is up to twenty eight. PERCENT i feel like that's a respectable showing for that. Option i'm proud of that. One let's, see this is. Great if you Gave Mark cuban a, mulligan would he take the three point five billion dollars or give that back and Put luca back on The Dallas Mavericks right? Now that is at fifty to. Fifty, wow apparently his his, Value luca's value to The mavericks is at three point five billion.
Speaker 2: DOLLARS i would probably say IF i had a, MULLIGAN i would do, That but in, reality you're glad you don't have that mulligan because you're fine with the three point five billion dollars you.
Speaker 5: Got i'll tell you, What i'd give it all back IF i, COULD i.
Speaker 3: Would i'd give it back to this this fan, base this. City it's just.
Speaker 5: MONEY i, Mean.
Speaker 2: Sam In La, Hi, sam what's on your mind? Today good, Morning Dan?
Speaker 9: Patrick your show is the Best Aaron West coast at six am to nine. Am and when you guys break for, lunch we're still having breakfast out. Here but how many people spit up their? Coffee When fritz said put the three balls in the side, POCKET i almost crash my. CAR i almost. Crashed so here's the REASON i. Call here's the REASON i. CALL i cannot Stand Roy mckailroy for some, REASON i don't want to get into. It he's not the face of THE. Pga his nickname is everything but The. Masters SO i will do a pie to the. Face i'll do four pies to the face if Two. Danettes if Two danetes say that he'll win The, masters And I'll i'll say he won't win The, Masters i'll do four if two of them will take on the.
Speaker 2: Bet does anybody want a piece Of sam in la Of rory winning The?
Speaker 5: Masters he got no. TAKERS i THINK i HAD i Had rory in my.
Speaker 3: Pool that we. Did, YEAH i think he was the first THAT i.
Speaker 5: Picked, yeah and so, Yeah i'm good With.
Speaker 3: Rory oh, Okay Sam seaton will take out.
Speaker 9: Then, yeah, okay all, Right i'll do a pile of faith if he if he if he wins and you do the pile as he, loses he's anything but the, majors.
Speaker 2: All, Right well he has won three, majors trying to complete The Grand. Slam but why why they hate On Rory? Sam?
Speaker 9: Well well he he doesn't like live. Golf but if you look at his, bio he's on two different. Tours he's on THE Pga, tour he's on The European. Tour why? Why and he's not the face of THE.
Speaker 3: Pga but they don't.
Speaker 2: Conflict THE Dp World tour doesn't conflict with THE Pga.
Speaker 9: Tour, okay then that's that's what he should. Say BUT i don't. KNOW i JUST i don't like how he talks and sounds and he's just not for.
Speaker 3: Me now you're Anti? Irish, okay now we're GETTING.
Speaker 5: I GUESS i bet you have an iPhone?
Speaker 3: Too where did you get?
Speaker 5: That we were five seconds away from diving off that?
Speaker 3: Cliff thank?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 3: So where'd you buy your? Tea where was YOUR tiv? Made but you can't do? Live?
Speaker 2: Uh THE Dp World tour is in conjunction with THE Pga. Tour, yeah they, don't they don't. Conflict, uh you Know rory's the one guy who kind of stood up and said something about The Live. TOUR a lot of the other guys did, not AND i think he got unfairly, blamed as you, know he's PRO Pga, tour anti Live. Okay you, know now he's making a lot of, money makes a lot of money off the course as. Well the other guys who could make a lot of money and go To Live, tour you, know that's a tough. Decision now if you're a guy Who's Pat perez and you're like a nice, golfer but you can go To Live tour and you can make a whole lot more, money less, stress get in. Early, OKAY i get. IT i don't hold it against. ANYBODY i just don't want you to be able to pick and. Choose, Oh i'm going to come back and play in a. Major as much As i'd like to see, YOU i, mean there has to be consequences here Because Live tour is not meant to grow the.
Speaker 3: Game it's meant to bring down THE Pga. Tour that's.
Speaker 2: It and That's Greg norman, having you, know a real hatred towards THE Pga tour that's existed for thirty.
Speaker 3: YEARS i don't know if it.
Speaker 2: CHANGES i hope that we get everybody back, together because you. Can't you're not going to survive. Separately just not going To moe In. Michigan Hi, mo what's on your?
Speaker 3: Mind Hi?
Speaker 10: Dan i've got a.
Speaker 18: Question i'm a big baseball. Fan every year when baseball comes, Out i'm expecting you and the guys to have a good game of catch instead of that damn. Pickleball why don't you all have a have a ball glove hanging by your desk and on the breaks break out a game of catch or a little game of pepper or something like.
Speaker 2: THAT i have my glove right, Here, mo it's not the worst. THOUGHT i got my glove right. Here it's not the worst.
Speaker 5: Thought let's have a.
Speaker 3: CATCH i got my other glove right over. There, dan that's. Right do you want to have a?
Speaker 15: Catch?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah see that's why that's why we don't do.
Speaker 2: It, uh we can if you want you want to have a, catch we can have a.
Speaker 3: Catch we.
Speaker 2: Can no, pepper you. Can't uh you, know no pepper in the. Building. Nope i'd see that sign in ballpark and be, like no, pepper that's so. Weird, Yes tom just.
Speaker 8: Salt i'm glad it's have a catch or not play, catch Because i'm definitely out if you guys are going to play.
Speaker 3: Catch this day in sports, History.
Speaker 7: Paul nineteen, sixteen THE pga held its first championship, tournament and this is a great. One two, Thousand Ken Griffy junior became the youngest player in baseball history to reach four hundred home. Runs he did it by the age of.
Speaker 2: Thirty on this, date twenty twenty, Two Scottie scheffler wins his First, major Beating rory McElroy by three. Shots and The. Masters rory can't win The, Masters, todd would you learn?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 8: Tim And orlando may have lost the, testacle but not his sense of, humor Say Tim, seton what did you?
Speaker 9: Learn?
Speaker 5: Wright howard's got ideas for who can induct?
Speaker 17: Him marvin The white And shackle good, Terms, paul you have lots of.
Speaker 3: BALLROOM i have a great, day.
Speaker 2: Everybody thanks for joining us For Fritzie, Seaton Marv paul years, Truly we'll talk to you On.
Speaker 3: Friday