Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and He.
Speaker 1: Arm draw.
Speaker 3: Problem the studio scene season your It is a dimly lit room deep with from the bowels of the Armstrong and Getting Communications Compound, And today we are toiling under the title of the show.
Speaker 2: I'd like to apologize.
Speaker 1: First of all, the titles of the show are utterly lacking in mirth or irony.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: I tried, and I tried, I came up with nothing. So here's your two sincere titles. Mundani's Islamuinus New York is hemorrhaging highers or if you prefer victory or surrender only two choices, compromise is out on what topic is victory or surrender? That would be your iran The situation, okay, the war that we're involved that nobody seems to be paying attention to. Oh no, they had it on right after the third consecutive day of the bison attack on the evening news. He watches, Yeah, nobody watches the evening newscast. But I use it as kind of a barometer of I don't know, they think that's what people want to know across the country.
Speaker 2: Or I'm like, but anyway, it.
Speaker 1: Was a good eight stories into the newscast before they got to the war with Iran. On the day that the President announced the war's back on, it was like after every YouTube video they could come up with, here's a cop wed to chase a guy across a golf course. Can you imagine that a high speed chase on a golf course?
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: Here's two minutes on the Great Sam Neil, Now, oh right, yeah, Iran something something. So I don't know if they just have polling or something that shows them. So I don't know, and I don't know for you. I mean, we're always guessing what people are interested in. I can't believe that the war and nobody cares. Man, that's where we are. And eighteen days is the total length of the great big peace signing that they did in Versailles, France to make it a very big deal, because lots of peace deals, world wars and stuff like that have ended there oh yes, yeah, and imagery and then eighteen days of nothing and now the war is completely back on. The blockade starts at four eastern this afternoon. Oh, man, I got to get some stuff shipped real quick before that kicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if it's occurred to you.
Speaker 1: These are really odd times, really really strange. I mean, I'm plowing through the news of the day and the commentary and looking at the Democratic Party and some of the Republicans honestly, and oh gosh, just some of the conflicts going around the world, going on around the world, and Britain, perhaps our oldest closest friend, after our fairly bloody disagreement in the seventeen hundreds, has just completely lost his mind. There are very few rocks upon which to set one's feet.
Speaker 2: It would seem these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've said, perhaps the rock of your salvation, your faith. I was on a big walk AI kick during my walk last night and listening to some of the big books on that and just being re reminded of, oh, yeah, there's that. That might change everything everyone's ever known about everything by next year.
Speaker 2: Maybe. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry about the hardcore anti AI activists and how they have believed, some of the heavyweights of the industry that it is coming for the spine, the heart, the lungs of mankind. It will stamp out mankind Wow, I'm thinking, you know, that would be really really bad if that happened, and nobody's really sure. Strange times things are weird. They're getting weird fast. France Spain today, I've got no rooting interest in that. I haven't watched a second of France or Spain, whereas tomorrow it's Argentina England, and I've watched lots of both of those, so I'm kind of interested in that one. You have a France Spain rooting interest.
Speaker 2: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: I suppose France has been I talked to some hardcore Euros on our trip and they said, oh, yeah, France is just in a class all by itself.
Speaker 2: So I guess I'm rooting for the underdog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, France is supposed to be the most likely to win it all. England Headland Argentina is being called the greatest rivalry anywhere in sports, makes Yankees Red Sox.
Speaker 2: Look like nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, Well, I'm into that one because I'm I've been following Argentina and England. England hasn't won the World Cup since nineteen sixty six, and super important to them, Argentina is an they shouldn't have won any of the last four matches they played, so they're just on this incredible come from behind How did you do that? Role? So it's exciting. I feel like I'm an interested in soccer, which most people don't. Actually, Well, the two countries had a war not terribly long ago in which they spilled each other's blood, so there's that, and then the the blood of the soccer field will describe that maybe give you a reason to watch and care. I don't know who I'm rooting for. I'm an Anglo file. I've always been an Anglo phile. I love Great Britain and it's common law and it's music and comedy rest. But on the other hand, currently.
Speaker 2: It just sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's lost its mind. Yeah it really has. Here's the most interesting thing I've come across today. And I know you're going to talk some about the conspiracies around the guy who killed Charlie Kirk. That the trial didn't start, just the hearing for whether or not the guy should be charged, which is an opening shutcase as far as I can tell. The poor lost, murderous, crazy kid that killed Charlie Kirk for no good reason whatsoever, or not that there is a good reason but anyway, and what has happened out of that is underappreciated for its nuttiness. The fact that so many people have made this poor guy's wife with their little kids the villain in this story is just I mean, that might be the opening salvo in what the rest of all of our lives are going to be like, with the craziness of AI videos and the dispersing of media and nobody and no gatekeepers in the media whatsoever. Because I mean, it's just nuts that she somehow emerged as the villain. I'd like to amend my oft spoken slogan I'll be in the woods heavily armed.
Speaker 2: If you need. Yeah. I mean, it's absolutely despicable.
Speaker 1: It reminds me in a way of the Jim Jones Jonestown cult in Guiana that was like the starkest, most horrifying example of the gullibility of people and how they can be lured into various situations and manipulated by charismatic leaders and these uh Candice Owan style grifters who are latching onto people's weakness of mind and intriguing them with their you know, I'll give you the real secrets. You're not going to be duped. You're smarter than all those people, those enticements. I mean, it's just such a stark illustration of how the human mind can be manipulated. It's it's interesting even as it's horrifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both ends are interesting. The grifter ends interesting.
Speaker 1: The grifter end of it, the buns that are you know, the chart, the candis Owans and whoever that's making this thing go.
Speaker 2: But the fact that there's an audience for it.
Speaker 1: Is also just Yeah. So I came across this quote from Alan Moore. He is a uh is a guy behind the Watchmen and all kinds of comic book stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love him.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything. I didn't I had to google to who he was when I came across this quote. He is too, I guess that world, Comic.
Speaker 2: Book world, what graphic novel? Please? JK.
Speaker 1: Rowling is to like, you know, Harry Potter. I mean, he's a really really big deal anyway, Yeah, this is what he said about conspiracies. The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy And we've said this.
Speaker 2: By the way, in recent months or whatever.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to give him, like all the insight credit in the world.
Speaker 2: And I can't draw a lick, but you know, we have said this stuff.
Speaker 1: The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it's actually chaotic. The truth is far more frightening. Nobody's in control. The world is rudderless. Some people can't handle the fact that the world is rudderless. Yeah, And then you get the proportion the proportionality imbalance, where a good and important young man, for instance, or a president can be assassinated by a lonely loser, and it's so the effect is so disproportional with the actor. Some people can't accept that because it speaks to what mister Moore is talking about, the randomness and stupidity of the universe, that that could happen.
Speaker 2: So they've got to invent in their minds.
Speaker 1: And some of us obviously don't have this need in the same way, but they've got to invent in their minds something that's proportional to the effect of the act. A giant worldwide cabal, which seems to usually be run by the Jews God help you anti Semitic scam.
Speaker 2: It is your idiots. Stop it.
Speaker 1: Stop it today. I'll tell you what you can be anti Semitic in a week or two. If you decide you're smart, that's what you want to be. Trust me when I tell you you will look back with shame and anguish at the period of your life in which various grifters got you to spout.
Speaker 2: This anti Jewish crap.
Speaker 1: Stop today, take a break, take a deep breath, and think about an end of screed. But back to the just conspiracies in general, and how it's comforting for people rather than the randomness of the world. Just like I can see how it'd be more comforting to think Russia killed than that my aorta.
Speaker 2: Could explode at any moment.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, good example, I mean, because that's pretty horrifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, what right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh so do you think most people that are on the receiving end of conspiracies that buy into them easily are disturbed or weak or do you want to ascribe any characteristics to them?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yes, some of them are all of those things. I was shocked I mentioned this at the time, that some very good, normal fun to be with working guys who are part of the larger crew that was doing our remodel. I've chatted with them all the time, and at one point they were just like, yeah, and there's no way it's that simple that that kid, that kid, because I've hunted with that bullet. There's no way that bullet could kill a guy from that range. It ripped his arterial. You know, I'm sorry. It is a corotid artery out or whatever it was. Of course it and these guys hunting all but they're like, going, they've been listening to a little Kansas the Kandas owns, and well, yeah, yeah, there's gotta be more to it than that.
Speaker 2: They said, no, you're being drifted.
Speaker 1: These people are. They're just trying to drag you down this road for profit. They make this crap up. It's not as simple as it seems. And I thought, Okay, this is obviously an appeal to people's pride. They're intellect I'm not gonna let the powerful dupe me because they're the kind of guys who don't have a lot of affection for like your intellectual elite or your your higher ups in the government. You know, they're kind of tough, self reliant, working guys. So that has a real appeal to it, rejecting the status quo and saying, yeah, we know better that crap you're trying to feed us.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna start the show officially.
Speaker 1: Are you healing from your wounds after a vacation and getting flipped in the air by that buffalo? Yeah, yeah, all though the frostbite is still painful, and it's unforl Aska, my exploration of Alaska. It's unfortunate for you that that guy was there with the phone and everybody had to see that video of you going through the air. It's humbled me, no doubt, humbling situation. Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this It is Tuesday, July fourteenth, the year twenty twenty six, War Armstrong and getting we approve of this program. And I've decided my long white beard isn't nearly as flattering as I thought it was. All right, here we go, let's begin the show officially. Now according to SEC rules, eggs at mark.
Speaker 4: I go buffer fast, I go buffer slow. In the buffer grass in the buffer snow. I've got buffer bars, I've got buffer flow. I'm a buffer star, I'm a buffer pro Buffolo Buffolo.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that was a giant hit meme a while back, and I had missed that. Somehow, I go buffer fast, I go buffer slow. It is catchy. You start singing in it and you can't stop all day long. Oh, I had never heard that before. I'm up buff for pro.
Speaker 2: Buffalo. Oh God, memes, memes, my friend memes. At the end of up, the world is run on memes.
Speaker 1: We got some more headlines to get to and lots of stuff today.
Speaker 2: Uh wow, man, I did a deep.
Speaker 1: Dive on uh uh stars and the origin of the universe and stuff like that. Oh my god, mind blowing stuff that that that I was into last night. Just I was laying there in bed full of wonder and awe. So ridiculous buffalo songs and astrophysics exactly all on the way.
Speaker 4: I go buffer fast, I go buffer slow. In the buffer grass, in the buffer snow. I've got buffer bars, I've got a buffer flow. I'm a buffer star, I'm a buffer pro buffalo.
Speaker 2: That's buffalo. That's really really good.
Speaker 1: Some headlines that are out there, maybe the biggest news for whatever reason, and we'll discuss this later.
Speaker 2: I don't know what their motivations are.
Speaker 1: Iran has stuck it struck at least three ships in the last twenty four hours trying to go through the straight of Horror Moves. The United Kingdom announced one of their ships was struck on the starboard side, no injuries. UAE announced two of their oil flagged tankers were struck, with one fatality and a couple of injuries. I don't know how long, Like I keep saying, these countries are going to put up with this crap, and that fits in with why Trump has announced the embargo or the blockade begins at four o'clock this afternoon, no more ships from Iran go anywhere, and announce that toll. By the way, in case you haven't heard this math, a twenty percent toil on oil shipped through the straight up horror moves would be an extra fifteen dollars per barrel, which is a pretty big jump with the price all at once, and like your big sh yips, it would cost thirty million dollars.
Speaker 2: That would what the toll would be to get your ship through. Wow. Wow, I had no idea they're toting that much. Value. It didn't be amazing.
Speaker 1: And there's a certain amount of irony here, as both Trump and Marco have in the past said, no, nobody's charging any damn tolls in international law.
Speaker 2: But we'll get into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the trolling from the leader of Iran saying, Yep, you're right, tolling is a good idea.
Speaker 2: We will charge a toll, but much.
Speaker 1: Less when we're running the straight because it's our straight exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The ten second analysis of all this is Iran has decided the one thing we must have is control of the straight of Hormus because that ensures our survival. That is our new nuclear weapon. We will choke the world economy if anybody threatens us. That is the must we control that straight. That's why they're so hardcore about it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know you teased for today the story about Apple suing Ai the Eater open Ai Chat GPT. It's the first time in fifty years Apple has sued a close partner, so that's a very interesting story. Elon had a whole bunch of tweets about that yesterday, scam Altman and various various nicknames for the guy that he got involved in that.
Speaker 2: I tried to tell you who he was, Elon said.
Speaker 1: All day long yesterday. So yeah, that's an interesting story. Yeah, headful of other stories. I mean, the shooting by ice guys in Maine is getting a lot of attention. As usual, you just kind of know what the facts are first, and that seems to be kind of difficult these days. Federal judge knocked down the whole Trump lawsuit against the Irs. That'll probably be appealed and bounced around the courts in a little while. Lindsey Graham's sister is gonna serve out the remainder of his term.
Speaker 2: Not clear if she'll run again. I haven't heard that of you.
Speaker 1: There's another guy that had lined up that they thought would win the races here. But I think she's going to get some momentum going. And Trump came out and said something yesterday about how she'd be a great senator, So who knows where that ends up.
Speaker 2: Is a bright and reasonable human being, so who knows.
Speaker 1: Probably I'm not a big fan of wives, husbands, sisters, brothers taking over offices like it's a family legacy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Ukraine struck Russia deep one of the royal refineries again.
Speaker 2: Among other stories, we can get to a lot on the way. Please favor Armstrong and Getty. We have brand new.
Speaker 1: Inflation numbers out. We do not We're not really a breaking news show for all kinds of different reasons. We're on different stations at different times. And then a lot of of you listen through the podcast days, weeks, months, and years from now. Some of you might be listening to this in the year two thousand and thirty.
Speaker 2: Four for some Wow amazing.
Speaker 1: So I'm not sure how relevant this news will be that is breaking. But the new inflation numbers are out for June. I've got the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and Financial Times headlines here.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: Inflation cooled the three points annual rate in June because of a brief pause in the war with the Rams is the New York Times. Inflation eased in June's gas prices fell, but relief may not last. The Washington Post have thing to throw in a negative on a positive story.
Speaker 2: For some reason, they.
Speaker 1: Found some economists to say, yeah, but it might not last. Okay, put that in the headline. I'm just I'm interested in the way people couch stories.
Speaker 2: Derek Couchers, Wall.
Speaker 1: Street Journal, inflation slowed three point five percent and June's gasoline prices fell.
Speaker 2: Slowed is a good word.
Speaker 1: And Financial Times US inflation fell more than then expected to three point five percent in June as oil prices tumbled. So they all have it around gas and oil. But it is slowing and more than expected. And it was the biggest slowing I think since before the pandemic, which.
Speaker 2: Is a pretty big deal.
Speaker 1: Although the war coming to a halt dropped energy prices a lot, really fast, sure, and that's why month to month that's the biggest drop since pre pandemic.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I was struck, however, by the fact that yesterday, when it was declared that the stupid, useless piece deal was stupid and useless and dead and that it was on and the clash began in earnest once again, that oil prices skyrocketed to near eighty five dollars a barrel. Yeah, remember when we were all which historically speaking is is fairly cheap, no kidding. And remember when we were all worked up about whether or not it was one hundred dollars a barrel, and we're the only people pointing out that, Well, if you ingested for inflation. It's really not that much compared to like the Obama years. Sure, well now it's eighty five. So how excited can you get about the price oil? Yeah, well I am kind of excited, he says by way of transition, unless you had more to say on that topic. About the developments in Ukraine. You mentioned it just before the break, that they're hitting Russia deeper and deeper into Russia and especially in their oil refinery or refining in gaso Lean producing industries. I guess that's the same thing, isn't it. In short, their energy infrastructure, and there's a question about how long Russia can hold out as their population gets more and more annoyed by it. Also, European leaders got together to plan a Ukraine peacekeeping force so that useless Euros may actually be stirring themselves to action or potential action.
Speaker 2: They certainly should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Ukrainian drone attack fifteen hundred kilometers, So that's over nine hundred miles of Russian airspace that these drones travel. Isn't it amazing that Russia can't shoot down drones traveling across their country?
Speaker 2: Dang near a thousand miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to hit the Salivat oil refinery and bash Kortassa Stan. I guarantee you you've never heard of that place anyway. There it is on fire out in the middle of nowhere. How about those drones US see drones the same roughly that rescued those fellas at sea the other day, blasting into a bunch of irony imports and sub facilities or something like that. But yeah, now we're using armed seed drones, which strike me as just surface torpedoes, aren't they kind of sort of it's a boat with no pilot in it. I don't know what they used here, but when they rescued those guys the other day, it would look like a regular boat, just didn't have a person driving it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these looked very similar.
Speaker 1: They had some unclassified video that they're similar anyway. I was also struck by an article that was discussing Ukraine's several different sorts of long range drones and what their weapons capacity was. How have you a payload they can carry? Because the heavier payload, the more fuel you need, the more sophisticated it needs to be. And you've got to compromise always if you want to hit an oil refinery, a thousand kilometers away. Obviously, you can't have eight hundred pounds of explosive you'd never get it there. And I thought that was very interest But I was struck by the fact that our sea drones, because you know, of the buoyancy of water, can carry serious, serious weaponry, serious explosive charges on them and go many, many, many miles. So, yeah, the future of warfare is taking shape right in front of our eyes. And it's not got many human beings involved in it, at least not on the shooting end. Oh dude, So you were on vacation for this report. I don't know if you came across this. So the average recruit into the military in Russia now has about a thirty day lifespan once you get to the front line. That's before you get to the front line. That's in total. Once you get to the front line, it's about twenty minutes. Yeah, twenty minutes. Wow. How is that even possible that you can feed human beings into that. Yeah, it's just it's mind blowing. If that can occur on Earth in the year twenty twenty six, major country and the world doesn't have an interest in stopping it. I've got to see if I can refine this. Let me know if you talked about this. It was just I think, just as I was going on vacation, I came across some fantastic analysis. Might have been the dispatch, might have been the free press, about how the Russian military is utterly, utterly corrupt, including at the front and every level of organization, from the smallest unit up to say two or three levels above that actually doing the combat and supplying the arms, in the food and everything. Not at the giant general level, but at the you know, the American equivalent of like your colonels and captains down to your sergeants are completely corrupt, and they are making money hand over fist. If you have any authority, you make everybody you for everything in the armed forces. You want to bed to sleep in, you got to bribe somebody. Well, on a more fundamental level, do you want to be in that next squad that I send to your death?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You don't, that's gonna cost you. You bribe constantly every single level. Why does this matter? Because all of those people who are in considerably less danger, some of them practically no danger in NOL than the actual infantry guys they want this to continue because they're sending tons of money home, unthinkable amounts of money home. And then, yeah, it certainly does extend up to the generals, but they're all getting rich, and so they're sending reports on up the line.
Speaker 2: And we saw this a little bit in Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: But all of their reports are utter fiction, reporting how well it's going, how much ground they're grabbing, et cetera. And there's a belief that Vladimir Putin at least believes some of it, and Potent himself has a completely delusional view of how the war is going. Yeah, if in our press and military Barack Obama was being fed fanciful information about how things were going in Afghanistan, right merely as like as protecting as opposed to you're making a profit off of it.
Speaker 2: Add in the fact that you're getting rich off of it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and so then I know the question, then, does Putin have any idea that the average recruit lasts twenty minutes once they get to the front line? And you know, at least as much as I do about how the Soviet system, and look, there's a hell of a lot of the Soviet system that's become the current Russian system. But the one thing the Soviet system punished was truth telling. If you said, duh our factory is producing five hundred directors per month, even though you're producing eleven, it was fine because the guy above you could then say we whole region producing very good and he would get praised from abubblah.
Speaker 2: The one thing you could not do is say.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're producing eleven tractors over here, because you'd fall out a conveniently open window, or the whole thing would go to hell and you would be the most hated, loathed man among the Communist party. So there's a lot of that in the military too. You don't dare tell the truth upward. So there is a huge like multi layered, you know, each one fueling the other system of dishonesty and delusion in the entire Russian army.
Speaker 2: Which always happens in socialism.
Speaker 1: By the way, young socialists out there, all excited about the new ideology that you've discovered. How cynical a human being do you have to be that you can take some young guy and send him to the front to be killed in twenty minutes for profit.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine how you get there as a human being.
Speaker 1: That's the world that you live in. Human beings adopt adapt rather Wow. Horrible, horrible.
Speaker 2: Here's a cheeri your note.
Speaker 1: Your dog's aging and slowing and maybe getting sick is not really as inevitable as you may have thought. Better nutrition helps your dog from the inside out. We're talking about rough Greens, America's number one dog supplement packed with live probiotics, enzymes, omega oils, and over twenty vitamins and minerals. Yeah, the fact that it's made in the USA is very very cool, and it's the number one dog supplement and all that, but the twenty vitamins and minerals. You can try it out for nothing. You can get a free Jumpstart trial bag today. All you do is cover the shipping. Why wouldn't you try it? Go to Roughgreens dot com and use a discount code Armstrong. Roughgreens dot Com discount code Armstrong.
Speaker 2: It's are you f F Greens, All natural, made in the USA.
Speaker 1: You just sprinkle it on top of whatever you're already feeding your beloved pop. Thousands of dogs feeling younger, more energy, edicing healthier than they have in years, and your dog could be one of them.
Speaker 2: Go to Roughgreens dot com.
Speaker 1: Remember that discount code Armstrong our uff Greens dot com discount code.
Speaker 2: Armstrong rough Greens makes any dog food better? Wolf.
Speaker 1: I keep seeing a bunch of promotional stuff for the Odyssey, the big movie.
Speaker 2: What's his name the director? Nolan?
Speaker 1: Sam Nolan, Sam, that's not it, Jimmy Nolan, Eddie Nolan, ed Nolan, Nolan, Van Nolanstein. Anyway, Uh, it's coming out this weekend and I can't and I'm going to see it in the Imax.
Speaker 2: Will you look it up for Michael. What's the guy's name for crying out loud? Nolan? Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It is woke, by the way, I know you always try to keep an open mind. Forget it, forget it. I'm on the woke, I'm on the anti side.
Speaker 2: Christopher Nolan, Christopher Christopher. No, everybody knows that when what when?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Way? Do they claim it's woke because sometimes it isn't.
Speaker 1: I've seen a bunch of these movies where it turned out to be I watched Uh he he asks me a question that he makes the opposite. You go ahead, sir, you make that little casey years and wait, oh, I'm gonna give it's such a kick. And folks, I watched Don't Look Up again the other day. I've seen it three times now. The fact that I love that movie it was described as woke is nuts. Yeah, it was just a good movie that equal opportunity man has attacked everyone. Yeah, it's hilarious. I want to watch that movie again as soon as I can. So there is I'm interested just because this story is, you know whatever, it is eight thousand years old.
Speaker 2: So what did they do to wocal by it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, Walt Nolan is a terrific director, I mean, and well respected. But do you know the film critic, the critical drinker on YouTube, I do not actually scerbic Scotsman. Hilariously funny, super insightful, fair minded. He reviewed it and he said, look, first of all, it's based on this infamous nineteen seventies feminist translation of the Odyssey that's just scholarlyly, very very weak. Secondly, it engages in the obligatory race switching of Helen of Troy and her sister, and they've got to be African women, black women.
Speaker 2: Uh it's fine, overlook that easily. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's just it's a storiative effect. And there's more, and there's more, and that casts prominently transsexual. Elliott Page from The Former Girl Turned Boy as a brave, powerful warrior stands like five foot two, one hundred and eleven pounds and is just obviously a former girl.
Speaker 2: And uh, just.
Speaker 1: Annoying in that level. Others have said, though, and Nolan is a terrific right.
Speaker 2: And I saw an interview it's a great action movie.
Speaker 1: I saw an interview with him where he said, why would I want to when I get the opportunity with all this money to make a movie about a story I wanted to do my entire film career care about politics. That's what he said in an interview. I haven't seen a movie. So it's just because I say with confidence having not seen a single frame of it.
Speaker 2: A guy like him, in his.
Speaker 1: World doesn't see a radical feminist translation of the Odyssey is political.
Speaker 2: He sees that as the right one. It's a good theory. I have no idea. If it's true.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see it in the IMAX, I hope with my son. Oh and so I got this text yesterday from a friend before we take a break, isn't it weird that in the Odyssey Matt Damon is a man who wants to get home, just like in The Martian and he did an interstellar and saving Private Ryan.
Speaker 2: No one wants to get home more than Matt Damon.
Speaker 1: That's good analysis right there, that the only role he can play is someone who needs to get home. Well, there are only I think it's twenty three recognized stories.
Speaker 2: I've got a book about it.
Speaker 1: There are only a few stories, and that's one of them. You know, a person overcomes difficulty and finds themselves, boy meets girl, they fall in love, etc. There are very few stories and just variations on them, which is fine. We're human beings. That's what we do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If Matt Damon ends up in a sword fight with someone in a maga hat, I will admit that there's something going on there.
Speaker 2: But I watched the movie and report back.
Speaker 1: We got mail bag on the way stay here. They're calling them death pants, made by a company called Zara, so wide, women are tripping and falling to their deads. They're getting horribly injured. We'll have an update on death pants an hour or two. I will not be donning the death pants. Sounds like a terrible idea. I'm sure it'd be a good look for you, any man. There are a few looks that are good looks for me. Here's your freedom today. I've decided on a series of quotes about Iran, this one from Mohammed Ben Solomon, which is so important to remember, damn it. NBS said, the leader of Saudi Arabia Iran believes that before Imam Mahdi reappears, it must prepare a fertile ground for him, and that it must control the Muslim world. They are actual religious fanatics who believe they must control the world for Heaven to be manifest on.
Speaker 2: Earth the sun, and that she is believe that uh no, that she.
Speaker 1: Is the twelfth Mahdi thingy, that's a Shia thing. Yeah, so must. NBS is pointing out these people are freaking crazy. The best you can do is manage them, right, and Americans, especially progressive Americans, have this tendency to think everybody thinks like us and just wants to be friends. That's why I kept saying last week, Well, while you were being flipped upside down by Buffalo, Trump had it right when he called him crazy efforts. Yeah, absolutely true. Yeah, it's not racism. That's not bigotry, that's not ugly Americanism. That's realism. Mailbag travels an oap mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com speaking of the Islamic Republic, it's not even a republic, Paolo, Right, So you've been wondering why Iron is doing what it's been doing. Maybe it's just that they want to influence politics ear to their benefit. The worst politically, very bad for Trump and Republicans generally.
Speaker 2: So Ron wants to keep it going. Pretty sure.
Speaker 1: They believe they'll have an easier time realizing their nuclear ambitions with Democrats in charge.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: They want to keep the war going as it is without risking the US actually getting serious and taking the Strait and militarily. It's fine line for them to walk, stir things up and keep the US responding, but not so much that it cracks open a big can, a big time wool pass, so he suggests. Paulo suggests the following policies. One, no more talking with Iron un till they completely open the straight and two, don't attempt a military take over the Strait if we're not willing to do whatever it takes to win. Nothing would be worse than trying and then abandoning the effort.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that second point definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow. Mark in San Francisco said, yes, so here are my thoughts. No point in doing this with half measures. Go for it, finish the job, whatever it takes. Forget about a negotiated deal. They'd never keep to it anyway. Bomber ran into submission. Try to avoid civilians, but otherwise no holds barred in conventional war terms. You know, I hear you, Mark, but it's pretty widely agreed by military experts that you can't win the fight from the air. You know, planes and missiles and bombs and stuff. You've got to put guys in. That's where America goes.
Speaker 2: Wait what.
Speaker 1: Let's see Kevin the Texas Marine with one question is Greg the Army Guy wrote yesterday my long lost twin, krusty, old, cynical, yet somehow still optimistic. Sounds like me, even if you joined the wrong effing branch. First drink on me should we ever meet. Pess this on to him if you can, please, There you go, Greg the Army Guy. Kevin the Texas Marine wants to buy you a drink and tell you joined the wrong effing branch. Let's see in Pacific Grove on the few ruining life for the many. It occurs to me that the refusal to punish criminal offenders your story on repeat Offenders yesterday was great. It's exactly the same issue as the refusal to punish students who disrupt classrooms. This misguided compassion starts early and continues into adulthood, to the detriment of all. Yeah, I was thinking about that when we were talking about police having the babysit a certain percentage. It reminds me of classes, you know, or bullies on the playground. There's only a handful, but they can be very disruptive if you just let them keep doing it.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty