Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of We're All Tracy Morgan Trend's. My name is Jack O'Brien. That over there is Miles Gray. Yes, and we're all just sit in court side at the Knicks throwing up between our legs.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: First I was like, man, I was like, is this did somebody have too much? Then he said it was food poisoning and I'm like, okay, that's.
Speaker 1: I mean, having too much is also a type of food poisoner.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: You don't have to eat fourteen gzzies before the tip.
Speaker 1: Off, that's right, can but you can't. It's it's totally acceptable. All right, let's get into the news. Obviously, the big story, the big horrifying story is that the Gaza ceasefire is officially over. Yeah, you know, yeah, after being over for a while, Netanya, who has resumed the enoside over four hundred Palestinian people are dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just surprise, surprise, breaking the seasfire. Apparently some according the reporting, Trump gave the fucking green light for this to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just doing all the sending weapons over that. The Biden administration was despite the fact that one of his big promises was will end the war in the Middle East, also bombing Yemen. So yeah, it seems like they there's like no, they're like hostages whatever, let's just continue this violent just oh man.
Speaker 2: Like I think it was maybe two ish months almost there.
Speaker 3: Was a bit of stability or just at least the no more violence coming from from Israel.
Speaker 1: But yeah, here we are right, there was still happening, but it wasn't the West Bank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, most of it was in the West Bank at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's funny too because as this is happening there, like there's a clip going around of Bill Burr's like I think is a new special, but him talking specifically about just Gaza, Like that's where his material is in this there's there's that kind of material and the stand up set.
Speaker 2: But this joke has been going around. I think it's just worth playing just to hear.
Speaker 1: Bill Burr, the new voice of a mustererson say something that a lot of famous people seem too scared to say. Be more. Bill bury in if you aim burying this is my favorite response.
Speaker 4: Well, you know they're using kids as human shields.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, you got to work around that. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: If I'm mad at my neighbor and I want to beat the shit out of him, but he's holding a baby, all right, I wouldn't come in and try to punch him through the baby. Hen you go in, you know, you throw a hawk, you sweet the legs you're doing on the lawn.
Speaker 1: So the baby bounces off the grass.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: This fucking rules to this shit. Bill burr Man aka War Crime. Yeah, but yeah, it is. It is nice to hear somebody who just says the truth and people seem to respond.
Speaker 3: Okay, and sums it up in a way that is so easily accessible to people's just innate sense of morality.
Speaker 1: But we've all wanted to punch somebody who's holding a baby, you know. H Yeah, we've always.
Speaker 2: Going to say. I thought the thing was like, yeah, you catch them when they're not holding the baby.
Speaker 1: But that's what makes them a genius. Yeah, m all right, let's stick of the world of streaming content, shall we mind, Let's talk about this new Netflix documentary. You've heard of Twister? You've heard of Twisters? Yeah? Have you heard of The Twister? Which is a horrifying new documentary that's coming out in the not too distant future about the twenty eleven tornado and Joplin, Missouri that killed one hundred and fifty eight people, was the event that inspired FEMA to create the waffle House Index, according to some, although I feel like they've had the waffle House Index since like Katrina, but maybe that was the one that, like, I think that's what maybe FEMA was like, Oh, we're this, We've got to stop doing this unofficially and just really dig it.
Speaker 2: Hey man, yeah, we're getting it off from waffle House.
Speaker 1: But I mean, look, if y'all know anything about your boy, it's that the movie Twisters set off a fascination with me to know the wonders of nature and behold the act of a person getting sucked off into the sky, sucked up into the sky, right.
Speaker 3: Wholly sucked off in the sky. That was you know, that was my catchphrase of the entire year. This documentary, though, it's just because it's it's using a lot of footage from people that were there at the time, so it's not just like all reenactments, but this is this is just like one of the moments where someone does describe what I thought was whimsical and.
Speaker 2: Just a movie whole.
Speaker 1: Ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: But I was ended up terrified. This is from the trailer for The Twister.
Speaker 4: We were in the eye, totally surrounded by chaos.
Speaker 2: Someone's feet or lifting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could feel my body lift off the ground. Oh no, long I can hang on for it, accepted my faith. I was flying inside the tornado. Okay, so you don't want to go flying inside the tornado. Get into the stuck.
Speaker 3: You know when you hear a harrowing first person account that's not in a movie, like come.
Speaker 1: Close up of a fridge full of beers. At one point, I think they were just showing, like how it just yeah, it went from celebration to yeah because it was like during a high school graduation. Yeah, super super, super fucking freaky. But yeah that looks Wow.
Speaker 3: When I saw the title for it, I was like, is Netflix just ripping off Twister movies to just be.
Speaker 2: Like the Twister?
Speaker 1: This is a feature length documentary about a terrible tornado that happened in twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: That I almost forgot about.
Speaker 1: I know, that's how the word Joplin. I was like, yeah, that's right, right, Yeah, that generational storm that it turns out is not generational, because there was a bunch of storms across over the weekend that killed forty people across the country. Right, And also a lot of people were like, hey, so the NOAA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Like, didn't you just fire one thousand employees? If you asked me to guess how many employees the NAA had in the first place, it would probably be around one thousand. But this is apparently ten percent of the workforce. They are, you know, concerned with tracking changes that are happening in all parts of the ecosystem due to changing weather patterns. The weather does seem to be getting more extreme.
Speaker 3: And but yeah, Byron Donald's is now I think blaming higher insurance costs on climate studies interest SORDA And he's like, yeah, insurance rates are going up because of the woke climate change studies, not the fucking damage that the storms are doing.
Speaker 2: You absolutely not.
Speaker 1: The fact that a generational weather event happens every year. Now, that's it.
Speaker 3: It's it's that they're trying to find out why it's so bad. Is the reason it's so bad that the insurance costs.
Speaker 2: Are going up?
Speaker 1: Like Holy shit, stop bumbing everybody out with these scientific studies.
Speaker 2: It is very much like, don't go to the doctor. They can't tell you you're sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. That's exactly what it is. And how does that usually work out? Pretty good? Well, not well, And.
Speaker 2: It's a terrible mantra for many men in this country.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's almost as if toxic masculinity has taken over the brain stem of the entire country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because so much shit. Is that kind of a dumb ass for d thinking?
Speaker 3: Like when Greg got f He's like, you want to avoid tariffs, then don't buy stuff?
Speaker 1: Damn son.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that was a tidy solution to all of the things that fuck up my life.
Speaker 1: Great. That is four D and that you have to like think in four dimensions to even understand. I think it's like four D thinking in the way that like my brain starts doing a to z thinking when I'm like right on the edge of sleep, I'm like, how the fuck did I end up riding a crocodile? It happens, and then do that leg kick. That's where we are as a civilization. We just did the leg kick. They're like, whoa, this is bad. This is them. I'm going to go back to sleep.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, we do have some good news, all right. Oh uh for fans of healthy soda, for those of us trying to drink ourselves back to health via some see has decided to pay one point seven billion dollars to acquire acquire Poppy Poppi, which you might know as the pre biotic soda that huge seller, huge sales everywhere.
Speaker 3: I see poppy fucking everywhere in LA and I've never had it. I'm like pre biotic soda.
Speaker 1: Oh you haven't had it.
Speaker 2: No, I'm drinking Baja Blast bro Sprite.
Speaker 1: If I buy soda, it's uh yeah, it's It's basically like if you combined a real soda with a Seltzer water or something. You know.
Speaker 3: It's just if I'm good sugar at all, because I don't really drink a lot of sugar.
Speaker 2: If I do it, I do it to like fucking remember.
Speaker 1: Remember, I want to light up all the all the parts of my brain at the same time. So Poppy fans uh took to social media to complain that their favorite beverage will now probably be ruined by the same company that gave us Crystal pepsi and an assortment of Mountain Dew branded crimes against humanity. I okay, Poppy, you think you're better than me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that supposed to mean? Man from crystal Pepsi?
Speaker 1: Bang? Crystal crystal pep weren't there.
Speaker 3: So shut the fuck up because when you were, that ship was a banging because you drank that ship.
Speaker 2: And you're like this, it's tastes like pepsi.
Speaker 1: How yeah that is? That was? It also like made me suspicious of regular pepsi. What is the brown chip clear? Because that was my hack.
Speaker 3: My mom didn't let me drink cola, so when PEPs just crystal pepsi, she didn't fucking know.
Speaker 1: I said, was clear. I want to right by wearing on your wais I had in a like a leather wine boda like it was like leather bags. Yeah. So routinely marketed as a product that creates a healthy gut because each soda can and a fiber called inlin, which which could feed good bacteria in the digestive system. Theoretically nutritionists on the other hand, so these are nutritionists who don't work in the Poppy marketing department. I have pointed out that even if the soda does contain fiber, we probably shouldn't be getting our fiber intake from soda. And like, fiber is generally a thing you want to get from vegetables, which is weird. I don't I don't know, man, soda is fine that that way, you don't need to get all you can get all four food groups from from soda, soda, orange soda. So that's the fruit. You know, Cola is basically like meat. You know, it's brown as meat. Okay, Cola is basically meat colon. And then you got your fiber, which is like basically vegetables day, you'd probably have to go with those like Japanese you know.
Speaker 3: Like colpiso I believe they call it here.
Speaker 2: They caught cut a piece in Japan.
Speaker 1: Anyways, it only contains about two grams of the pre biotic fiber, meaning that for your body to even notice, you'd have to be housing four cans of poppy a day, oh, in a given like sitting right right right, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: This is it's interesting to see PEPSI do this because I was just reading like an industry report last month about how the soda companies are all like, dude, it's the rise of the poppies and these things that are promising like to be healthy sodas is really disrupting the market because people just aren't drinking soda anymore.
Speaker 1: And now they're like, fuck it, one point seven billion for our hones. This feels like like I don't know any I don't know shit about like high level deals like this. But this feels like when Facebook bought Instagram and I was like, wait, that seems like why would Instagra sort of face like that's they sold too early, they sold too low. Like this feels like they sold out too easy, like they what do you think poppy all a be a drugged out deal maker and then be like, bro, you could have held up. You could have held out for five bills. I think I think you should have held out for five billion. All right, Poppy is the future? Okay, and you know they're uh, you know they're prone to a hearing blank is the future because of that logo, redesigned generation Poppy, Generation Poppy is generation next. Yeah. Pepsi has been trying to be like a healthy so they've launched various Pepsi true. Do you remember Pepsi True in fourteen it just had a real cane sugar, none of that high fructose corn shiit is that what was called?
Speaker 2: Didn't they throwback or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like in a throwback glass bottle? Yeah yeah, yeah, this one merely had sixteen grams of a real sugar, which doesn't doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. They also had one called Pepsi Special that like had a fat blocking fiber in it. That this japan It was a Japanese.
Speaker 3: Probably doing this like weird health benefits, Like there's always some like in Japan, there's like always some new thing that everyone's eating or putting on their face to look younger or lose weight.
Speaker 1: So this feels very very in line with that. Yes, Pepsi Special, I mean that like all they need to do. Again, I feel like I should be working for Poppy because first of all, they sold too low. A second of all, just admit you're a treat, but you're just like not as bad as the other truths. Like that's all you need to Like, you don't need to be like we're a fucking miracle cure for gut health. Just be like no, we just have like less sugar so you can drink it and not like have to go to the doctor in two weeks rather than canned snake oil. Is what they're doing exactly, Like just be just admit you're a treat. People like treat. Be a treat. That's not I'm having a treat.
Speaker 2: That was about that, Jerry Lyves.
Speaker 1: Right, let's uh, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back, and the White House has uh, they're having a tough, tough couple of weeks. Man. People are mad. You're mad at Tesla no matter how many infomercials they tried to do. Now, fucking John Roberts as mad as the president.
Speaker 3: Fucking Chief Justice of the Course said it was inappropriate to try and fucking impeach judges who are merely adjudicate whatever. Yep, hey, John, you could have fucking done the right thing with that Supreme Court case. But I mean there were many there were many mistakes that were made from many that's made along the way. Can't expect the best from John Roberts of either.
Speaker 1: So the White House used the hit song from the nineties Closing Time, in a video depicting footage of deportations. The ones you see, the very ones that John Roberts was having to step in and say, uh yeah, no judges are allowed to say this shit is illegal, right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: The video is fucking vile, but this is pretty much part for the course for what the White House is like official social media channel has been putting out since Trump came into office. It's just like red meat for the fucking just absolute racist freaks.
Speaker 1: That are then because trigger the lids. This is gonna be hold.
Speaker 3: It's subtle music, but they're showing people being put on buses in chains, being marched out.
Speaker 2: Of the buses with their heads low. They're shaving their heads and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, ha ha ha, Look we got all these people out of America.
Speaker 2: Yippie.
Speaker 3: It's really fucking it's it's just like you watch it, you're like, what the fuck is wrong with these people?
Speaker 2: Like the policy are fucked up enough.
Speaker 1: But again, this is the point because they also want to terrorize as many people with different, you know, different varying levels of immigration status in the country.
Speaker 2: So I guess mission achieved there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, you can count semi sonic. Semi sonic. I don't know how you pronounce.
Speaker 2: You want to do it, man, it's up to you, dude.
Speaker 1: The band behind Closing Time not pleased. They noted that they did not grant permission to the White House. They also pointed out that the song is about joy and possibilities and hope, and you've missed the point entirely. Okay, like if you would, if it was more thematically in line with the song, we might have let you use it. But you're kind of missing the vibe.
Speaker 2: Are they seriously? Like finger waving, like wagging at them. You guys missed the point. That's not what this is about. That that's not what this song is about.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, secretly, I liked it on my burner account, but this is you guys missed the point.
Speaker 3: I just wish. I mean, in a normal world they would. But given Trump's pension for now just completely ignoring the courts and going deeper and deeper into his constitutional crisis.
Speaker 1: MM.
Speaker 2: Not even sure that's even worth mentioning to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, according to the songwriter, who by the way, has been a guest on comedy Bang Bang, that is actually seems like a good funny person. It was also a metaphor for the birth of his child because being cut off from Booze at the end of the night is like the umbilical cord being cut and you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here in the womb.
Speaker 2: That's a great way to think about it.
Speaker 1: In many ways. That's that's why the.
Speaker 3: Thing scoff is drunk and in this bar well past closing time, and now we must push them out.
Speaker 1: Have you seen these videos and pictures of like these elderly women who like go to every Trump event and just like yeah, yeah, they're apparently from a cult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they look like some of the like photos and clips you see from like the court side seats at NBA games where they're like if I just get this guy's a right, it's over.
Speaker 1: Like they're leaning over, like just give give me. It feels like, yeah, it feels like the Beatles when like people just like try and rip a piece of their clothes off.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it. That's wild.
Speaker 2: Look, he's like the Grateful Dead. Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They follow him from stop to stop. Yeah, and it's the same. This one picture is wild. Yeah. There's a woman in the red of the back licking her lips in a way that is like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it kind of looks like who is it? Is it that spice One gift.
Speaker 2: Shadows and ship.
Speaker 1: His hands together with like waiting to get this dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, not spice One. Who the fuck am I talking about? Rapper anyway? Y'all know, y'all know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: The Rubbit Mits, the Rubby Mits, Gift uh. And finally Netflix is making a Kujo movie. Netflix making a Kujoe movie. This, this doesn't seem that interesting to me, except for the fact that they got Darren Aronofsky to make it. What so, yeah, Darren Aronofsky is directing Oh my yeah, this black Swan black Swan himself. Yeah, holy shit, Okay, I didn't. Did you see the original Kujo? No, he'll know, Yeah, I don't. I don't care for you know what, Once I saw Jaws, I was like, I don't need to see Jaws, but dog, you know. Also, I just.
Speaker 3: Remember the video. I remember the video cover like at this again. My memory of ever even having an opportunity to see Kujo is like, I'll go to the video store and you saw the Kujo tape on the shelf and you're just like, this looks fucking dumb, and I don't want this, so I'm not gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I don't know. I was just not feeling that shit at all.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm thinking about it, I think the issue I had with Kujo is that it has a dog dying built into the very premise, like the dog is bad guy and also has rabies. I think that's like he gets bit by a bat and so I don't. I don't want to see it dog, you know, like.
Speaker 2: That the dog had to die to then become evil. Well again, I think this is the thing.
Speaker 1: It wasn't for kids, right, that's still not why like people don't. That's the thing you just like don't do is like kill a dog in a movie usually, And the the fact that, like you know, it's either the dog or this kid, this child who is prone to seizures, and the like, that's the premise. A mom her child who's prone to seizures are stuck being attacked by a rabbid Saint Bernard.
Speaker 2: Wait that's the movie.
Speaker 1: Wait what do you tell me? That's the movie? That's what Kujo is?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, I don't even know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, okay, cool, So not gonna watch it? Yeah, I mean, are they doing Heroin? Is it gonna be like Rick william for a dream and it gets kind of dark. Yeah, they're gonna they're gonna be doing uh ass to ask I was gonna say it.
Speaker 3: Is that is there that the iconic Aeronovsky moment come pop out.
Speaker 1: Kujo Udo has some very specific taste that he demands be stated. And also so the original star d Wallace of the original film was like that, you can't can't remake kujo She was like, I'm not going to be in it. They were like, oh, I don't. We didn't, okay, they weren't asking. Thank you for letting us, uh know. But she was like, I don't. They probably have to do like cgi dog They don't even let you kill a dog these days, you know, oh man, But I mean yeah they do.
Speaker 2: And then you can be the head of homeland security.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, it's actually yeah, you just got to be in politics. But our writer jam was pointing out that this footage from I guess they remade a Call of the Wild not too long ago with Harrison Ford and there's like behind the scenes footage. So first of all, I didn't know is Call of the Wild about like the biggest fucking dog ever.
Speaker 2: Like this dog is Call of the Wild.
Speaker 1: I mean it's I thought it was like a famous book that like I think I had to read Call the Wild. Oh Jack London, Oh yeah, yeah, it's a London joint.
Speaker 2: Nah, I didn't read this one.
Speaker 1: But like the screen shot from the movie, like the dog is fucking massive. It's like Dwarf's Harrison Ford. And then like there's also a behind the scenes picture where it's just a guy in a leotard like holding something in his mouth and like running up to Harrison.
Speaker 3: Which is and you know, Harrison Ford, his fucking curmudgeon ass was like like this like freaking between takes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's like the ship. Yeah. Anyways, shout out to eighth grade. Yeah, Call of the Wild and Kujo. I've heard one of King's best novels and also the one that he doesn't remember writing beginning to end, no recollection of writing it. He was so high on cocaine. Holy shit. Really yeah, yeah, damn that is what like the metaphor the dog is I got that dog in me addiction. Oftentimes it's difficult to tell the difference between having that dog in you and cocaine addiction. Got that dog in me? You're just drunk. Man, you're just drunk and on cocaine.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, exactly.
Speaker 3: When you say you got that dog in me, it's because you just did a huge bump when you were black out drunk and you somehow became sober ish again. What can I say, Man, it's got that dog in me.
Speaker 2: Okay, he looks like an owl.
Speaker 1: Look like an owl out here. All right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, March eighteenth. We are back tomorrow with the whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines while you still can get your blue shot. It's the bad one this year. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all them on through that fight. People under doctor doctor bat Af