Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and Key.
Speaker 3: Arms from Studio C see Senior A dimly let room deeper them the Babbles, so the Armstrong in getting communications compound.
Speaker 2: And today we are under the tutelage of our general manager, Donald J. Trump, his world. We're just living in it.
Speaker 1: Then, no doubt, no doubt. I got a philosophical question for you. Then you're perfect to answer. I hope so arguing about in my head as I was driving, but I can't do it over.
Speaker 2: This music's nice groove.
Speaker 1: This is a fine groove, Michael, thanks for playing it doing so. Two of our lead stories today we'll be talking about is Trump threatening, Uh all hell breaking loose in Gaza if they don't turn over the hostages. That's a good one. We'll talk about that today. The AI conference, it's going on in Europe and all that.
Speaker 2: Sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: But you know, uh, plenty of doge stuff is still going on, Yeah, roiling the country.
Speaker 2: DC and everything like that.
Speaker 1: And I was thinking about the power of status quo, how it's just just the momentum of status quo is just so amazing. And then I thought to myself, but wait a second, dude, I'm arguing with my like I'm really putting a finger in my chest. Say hey, wise guy, your anti status quo. I thought that's what conservatism was, you know, conserving things, hanging on to things. Then I shot back at my phone. You owned yourself, I owned I clapped back at my own brain. Yes, trying to figure out this. So the idea of conservatism is to hang on to things that are working. The status quo, though, that we're trying to disrupt are things that aren't working. So that's where status quo becomes a problem. Why would we hang on to things continue doing things that don't work? For instance, public schooling, we're spending multiples more money than we were spending ten years ago, twenty years ago, thirty years ago for less results. Why wouldn't you want to disrupt that in a major way.
Speaker 2: I mean, like in a major way where people going, oh my god, what are we going to do now?
Speaker 1: I don't know, something different because this isn't working. Sure, yeah, I think the fundamental problem is awareness. If people are aware of the miserable failure of our government schools. They are in enormous numbers in favor of some serious reforms, even if they're not quite sure what those should look like. But I think a huge percentage of population assumes that their school experience is.
Speaker 2: Continuing on today. That's roughly the same what's roughly the same effectiveness.
Speaker 1: There's got to be a word for that, though, the difference between status quo for things that aren't working versus conservatism, which is, you know, moving slowly in a Burkian way. Because we got a functioning society, you don't want me jerking it around too much because you're not exactly sure why it's functioning.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 1: That's a good distinction, really interesting topic. I just think it has to do with with realism and continually Uh, you know the Chesterston's fence is, you don't remove the fence unless you know one hundred percent why it was there. Well, I think that's all about understanding effectiveness of always appraising whether things are working or not. That's that's kind of the other side of the coin. If something is clearly not working, it's fine to get rid of it. Here's here's here's another example of the power of status quo. Let me grab this. This is from ABC looking at their tweet and Emon musk Ally, hired to overhaul the Department of Treasury, has an under has an undertaking hard line, has a record of undertaking hardline reforms in the private sector that demoralized staff and made them fear for their jobs, according to interviews with several former employees, Well you might cute, you might be demoralized and fear for your job if you're.
Speaker 2: Not needing needed or you're doing a sucky job.
Speaker 1: Why I don't I don't even understand the conversation. It's hard to have an argument with people when I don't even understand your point of view. I guess my point of view is so freaking what so what right? I think we may be better positioned than some to understand and feel what you're talking about, because media has changed so vastly in the last thirty years.
Speaker 2: And and you know radio.
Speaker 1: Ranches that none specific come to mind, but that had employed ninety eight people fifteen years ago now employ fifteen twenty maybe three. Well, it depends, Yeah, it depends where you're talking about. So the idea of well, the world has changed and now they want to make changes at the company, and that's unfair. It's just I don't know what ways you live in that's immune to change. Well, yeah, if ABC's point is losing your job sucks, or industries changing and becoming more efficient in a way that they don't need you sucks for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand. But acting like that's just.
Speaker 1: A horror in general, or that something unfair has been done, right, Yeah, exactly, that's it. That's something unfair has been done. No, it's just you know, we're gonna do things differently now because this wasn't work. We found a more efficient way to do it now. Of course, this all hinges on the fact that it actually is going to accomplish something and be more efficient. But in the case of the public schools, for instance, I don't I don't know how it could get worse. Really, Yeah, yeah, it might be as simple as and this seems just so dopey it can't be true, but I think it is. And there are a bunch of different examples of this, a bunch of different contexts. We've had very similar conversation. If it makes someone feel bad, it must be wrong.
Speaker 2: There you go. That is a lot of the coverage of.
Speaker 1: This, and it extends to all sorts of things, from parenting to government reform, to ending programs that don't work, to reforming schools to you know, the teacher's union head who would have made just a great Nazi. It seems upset. Therefore this must be wrong. Someone is upset, This must be wrong. I guess that gets to that difference in philosophy of looking at individuals as opposed to the whole group. I'm sad for all the kids in school across the country who have so many layers of middle management that aren't needed that they can't get the sort of education that happened decades earlier.
Speaker 2: That makes me sad.
Speaker 1: Do you get sad for the individual middle management person that didn't used to exist and everything was just fine if they're going to lose their job, but not for the kids. Is that just the practical versus the emotional? I mean anything somebody of our mindset is involved with you ask what are we doing here? Why are we here to educate children? How are we doing very poorly? What is standing in the way of educating those children? And then addressing it? And absolutely people are going to be upset by those answers and by the solutions you decide upon. But that's not only is that fine, it's absolutely necessary, But there's a significant chunk of the population that can't get past. Oh, somebody's upset. It must be mean I don't know, Republicans or whatever, just being jerks. Yeah, if this education week where Doge is really loicing at education, I wish Elon could get somebody at a high position, teachers union or something like that to answer that question of why if the student population has gone up, you know, single digits present, the number of middle management people in schools has gone up one hundred and eighty percent.
Speaker 2: Why and this is just.
Speaker 1: In the two thousands, not even going back to like the eighties or something like that. Why Why Why do you need that many more people in a school where all the money is going than you used to do?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What would their answer be on the left? Yeah, there are there a political answer or the truthful answer. I think answer it's a jobs program. It's pretty simple.
Speaker 2: But well right, yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: The political answer would be we need experts to solve these problems. So we have added more funding, We've got more folks involved we're going.
Speaker 2: To get to the bottom of this, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: But no, the the honest answer is no, we're just we know we can count on their votes. We are buying our power through government. School has to push back on the political answer seems pretty easy though, but we're getting less lower results, we're getting worse results, so it has we're getting really philosophical. Here. Here's the headbutting that makes me uncomfortable. Every civilization, every society, every culture has its myths, and myths doesn't necessarily mean inaccurate or fictional. They are stories we all tell that help us understand the way our culture works. And in the United States, one of the most critical ones is that we have a system of self governance. We the people, for the people, by the people, et cetera, and that we all participate.
Speaker 2: And it's a beautiful thing. And it is a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most incredible things that's ever been done on the face of the earth by humankind.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, the honest truth is there's only a.
Speaker 1: Little truth to that, and there there's a whole lot of self serving greed and lust for power, and that we the people, you know, it's funny that that's not it's not contradictory. I think we the people just need to be smart enough to know, like the founding fathers did that Evildoers will exploit that system as much as they can all the time. But we've lost our cynicism about politicians because the government does everything all the time now, and so we're dependent. It's practically as Stockholm syndrome. We dare not displease our captors. Well, we got the latest list of recommended or actual DOGE cuts from a whole bunch of different places.
Speaker 2: There was a lot yesterday. Some of you agree with, some of you might not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We should start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is how did it already get to be? Tuesday February eleventh, Here twenty twenty five, we are Armstrong and Getty and that you know.
Speaker 2: Jive and we approval.
Speaker 1: All right, let's begin officially then, according to FCC rules and regulations, here we go at mark elon Musk. Where are you bring.
Speaker 2: Your ass of a hair? How you can? Says hair?
Speaker 1: Kid with an IQ between seventy five and eighty five deserve a congresswoman too.
Speaker 2: Bring your ass over here.
Speaker 1: Maxine Waters, Elon Mike walk over, he's that kind of guy, and say, okay, let's have a conversation here on the microphones in front of everybody.
Speaker 2: What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the penny as Maxine and Chuck and Jakim bravely stand up for bureaucrats and against the American people.
Speaker 2: Good strategy. Elon Musk, Bring your ass over here, Wed and they getting weird fast. You're right?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You unelected dictator? How does the mailbag look? Oh, that's right, we've moved mailbag. I The listeners must be adjustinguse I.
Speaker 2: Know who I am? Yes, moved mail bag too. Different segments. So this Jack considers this Chesterton's teas.
Speaker 1: We don't want to remove this teas until we fully understand why mailbag was In the second segment, Man jd Vance gave quite a statement about AI in Europe yesterday in front of the world leaders of AI controversial, among other things, stay with us.
Speaker 4: The Eagles scored twenty four points in just the first half.
Speaker 2: Twenty four twenty.
Speaker 4: Four, or in football terms, one full Bill Belichick girlfriend. You could tell the game was over when the Eagles dumb gator d on their coach halfway through the second quarter.
Speaker 2: We've still got a lot of game left.
Speaker 1: That's interesting that whole Bill Belichick. He's a famous coach if you don't know who he is. But the key to the story is his super hot girlfriend was a cheerleader while he was a coach.
Speaker 2: And he's fifty years older than her.
Speaker 1: Fifty forty eight actually, but I mean close enough, fifty freaking years, and the way he flaunts it is just so interesting in like a no, I'm not like a little uncomfortable with this.
Speaker 2: I'm a I know you're I know you're jealous of me. I'm making it. I don't make her.
Speaker 1: But she dresses as skippy as possible to accentuate the fact that she's fifty years younger than me.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're on her.
Speaker 1: I've got to stand up for the defense here. Mister Belichick isn't flaunting anything. It's his girlfriend. He goes places with her, and she's a lovely.
Speaker 2: Young gal who dresses like lovely young gals.
Speaker 1: I'm hearing a lot of prejudicial talk out of the prosecutor here.
Speaker 2: Fifty years sure, that's a long time. Yeah, I know, I would think.
Speaker 1: You'd been literally nothing to talk about in terms of really into you know, the blitz and defensive backs.
Speaker 2: Yes, Katie, their play. Oh it's simple. They love each other. Thank you exactly. Joe Biden's long lost daughter. Uh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I prize the right for people to make their own choices in life and follow their own paths, and I totally get the lifestyle must be fantastic. But I just I don't know, Darling, and maybe she thinks, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 2: I had a.
Speaker 1: Conversation with a youngish person the other day and it was so well reflected with your discussion of Henry, your son, who is talking about serving in the military and having a good, long career and then saying, Hey, when I get out, I'll only be x years old. I'll have plenty of life in front of me, which is incredibly insightful for a lad of his years. I think maybe the young galon Bill's arm is thinking, you know what, when he croaks, I'll be like thirty three.
Speaker 2: It's still hot, so still lot.
Speaker 1: And I've got a verbal contract that he'll quote unquote support me. We're working on firming that up. Everything's going beautifully, Yes, Michael. Maybe they're both Milton Borough fans. Oh boy, Yeah, Well, I'll make a controversial statement. I don't know where the cut iff cut off is because I don't think this for you know, all age gaps. But I think at fifty years, if she's in love with him, she's got some psychological problem.
Speaker 2: I believe that would be correct. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I have a handful of relationships with much younger people than me, and they are entirely friend mentor sounding board, which is a beautiful thing. But if it turned romantic, I'd be like, what the hell? And I'm many years younger than him, well several a few. Anyway, I wanted to get to this.
Speaker 2: It's simple. They love each other exactly.
Speaker 1: They just like Joe Biden's dad fancifully told him in nineteen forty or something about gay men kissing on the sidewalk another and how that was perfectly fine.
Speaker 2: It's simple, they love each other. Good lord, is the mummy still kicking? Is he still around his first? Yeah? So I wanted to get this. Gosh, you don't really have time. How much time do we have, Michael, barely a minute? Nah?
Speaker 1: I don't know if we can get We're talking about teachers unions and schools and how bloated they are and how they're not educating anybody. And they recently reported in the Free Press the miserable test scores. You've probably heard them, but they're highlighting a teachers union contract from Michigan that reveals that to be fired, you have to be caught drunk at school five times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that five times.
Speaker 1: Caught drunk, which means you have an unlimited pass if you can keep it on the QT.
Speaker 2: So who knew there was such attractive jobs I know?
Speaker 1: To me, that's just a giant billboard for we're all about protecting teachers, not about making sure your kids are educated in the best way.
Speaker 2: That is our At number one.
Speaker 1: If you, as a teacher get caught literally selling drugs, your punishment is three days without pay. You have to get caught selling drugs a second time to get fired. Then they mentioned that the entire flowchart of the Fairfax County Schools flows through their DEI office. Everybody reports to DEI more or less alongside the head of the school district. It's insane. Has nothing to do with educating the kids. That's an afterthought. Mail bags on the way and a bunch of other stuff. If you miss the secment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on.
Speaker 2: Demand Armstrong and Getty O. The Great.
Speaker 1: Rich Lowry writes in The New York Post today that we the right have had our best three weeks in the culture war in half a century at least, and goes through the examples, which is pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: Think he's right then, that something though, that is something.
Speaker 1: Here's my favorite doge cut from me that was announced to yesterday, nine million dollars cut from Central American Gender Assessment Services.
Speaker 2: Gender assessment so.
Speaker 1: Down in Central America, I was paying with my tax payer money to assess what gender you are to me next and if there's any doubt, we'll drop your pants. I mean it's a little intrusive, but yeah, yeah, it's just crazy and just strategically speaking, I read a couple of stages talking about how the Democrats and we'll get into this in detail in a little bit, but they seem to be going with hair on fire all the time as the strategy directed in various you know, directions and kind of varying messages just about theft and constitutional crises and unelected this, but that it's a horror and everything's terrible and got to help us all. And I find myself wondering, what if you're just lay low for a little bit, just wait for Trump to do something wrong, maybe the tariffs. I'm concerned that the tariffs are really going to screw up the economy, for instance.
Speaker 2: Just wait for that. But I guess you don't raise money that way. Maybe that's it. Anyway, here's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that Mark Alpern rights and quoting a lot of Democratic strategists. They're at a complete loss how to do this. It's like a whirlwind has hit them hard and fast, with what looks to be a lot of public support, and they just have no idea what they should do at this point to fight back, and they're flighting. They seem to be divided fifty to fifty between those who are screaming, we need to.
Speaker 2: Move further to the left and oppose everything Trump.
Speaker 1: Does, and then the same branch of the Democratic Party that's saying, no, why don't we work with them when we can and shove our lunatic left wing aside because they're killing us here, right, But I mean, there is no accord there anyway. I thought this was so interesting. Steven sent this along did the god fearing founders of America arrive at the three branches of government? From the Bible, this is from Isaiah thirty third chapter, twenty fourth verse. For Jehovah is our judge. Jehovah is our lawgiver. Jehovah is our case. He is the one who will save us. I see judicial, legislative, and executive right there in scripture. I think you know that reflects the ancient reality that when human beings associate, they need someone to make up the rules, then figure out how are we going to enforce these rules, and what if there's a disagreement.
Speaker 2: I think it's as simple as that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's interesting indeed that it goes way back to the Old Testament. That's right, sir, that's what we're talking about. Mail day. You can drop us a note at any time you like. Michael always appropriate, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. This first email references the fact that today is indeed my birthday, not only that it is my sixtieth birthday. I know you're thinking, Joe, you seem so youthful and clever. That can't be true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. Have you checked the math on that? Why not?
Speaker 1: Jack and I first.
Speaker 2: Connected in our mid twenties. We're twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that seems only remember like three things between then and now.
Speaker 2: Two of them were brothers of children. That's sorry. That seems like And I know, if you're forty, this seems weird.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're certainly if you're twenty five, that seems like six years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, roughly seems like about six years ago. It's crazy. That's nuts.
Speaker 1: And I've received a lot of well wishes, which is lovely and very very much appreciated. And it's funny. It's Tuesday, it's a work day. I've got my kids arriving in town this week, which is that big fun. That is awesome. Yeah, it is awesome, and I'm looking forward to reconnecting in various ways. My son and I. I picked them up at the airport. I'm a big hug, and then we philosophized the entire way home from the airport, which.
Speaker 2: Is what we do.
Speaker 1: My eldest of my youngest daughter and I spar and joke and kid each other.
Speaker 2: And so it's just fun reconnecting. It's been great. But happy birthday, Joe, thank you, Michael, appreciate it. Flate Hanson and Katie will get you something. And as to the whole, you know, I don't need anything.
Speaker 1: As to the old sixty thing, which seems like such a milestone, you know, it's funny. I was so miserable like a year ago because of my back problems, and I feel so much better now. I feel like I'm de aging or something. I'm not, lord knows, but so I don't feel old. I feel younger than I used to. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just let's let's just keep doing what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Let's let's have fun, let's do the shows, play some golf, let's enjoy a nice glass of wide.
Speaker 2: And I just as opposed to what big on.
Speaker 1: Milestone, as opposed to what lay down in front of a train. I mean, is that the other option? Or well, no, no, no, I'm just I've never been huge about milestones. It's like when I graduated from college, I was like, all right, what's next. I just I didn't weep. And and maybe I lack the ability to reflect properly on things as they pass, but certainly when my kids moved out, that was a big thing. I'm like, yeah, okay, thanks great, let's let's get on with life anyway. So this is from David Reno, with whom I apparently share a birthday. In fact, here are some other famous people that we share a birthday with. I was aware of some of these people.
Speaker 2: Not all of them. Jeb Bush, I'm sorry, that's Jeb with an exclamation point. Sarah Palin, Oh, lipstick? How old is shoe?
Speaker 1: You get your joan? You guys are probably about the same age, aren't you. You and Sarah Palin, Yeah, yeah we could date. But I'm just gonna remind you to you that now and again. Sarah Palin and I we got a connection anyway. Alex Jones, Oh great, Thomas Edison, what order is this?
Speaker 2: That's a good list. You've got good in a way, Alex.
Speaker 1: Jones, Well, sharing sharing day with a big with your birthday with other people.
Speaker 2: Thomas Edison, that's a big one.
Speaker 1: That is a big one. Although you know, my great, Well, I'll finish some of the list. It is, I know, just always in a hurry, and I'll explain that in a moment. But Leslie Nielson, the great Burt Reynolds, Jennifer Aniston and other.
Speaker 2: People who don't matter.
Speaker 1: But I've always been resentful that I was one day short of sharing birthday with my great hero Abraham Lincoln, which had been said. I get Burt Reynolds traded the beard for the mustache.
Speaker 2: I guess what you're gonna do it?
Speaker 1: Moving along, moving along with mailbaging the question of the Democrats going crazy and j T read an interesting Victor Davis Hansen piece about that. But to put it bluntly, the left has abandoned this common sense approach of finding middle ground working together.
Speaker 2: Ever since Trump came down that.
Speaker 1: Escalator, they've abandoned any effort to seek common ground. The result is what VDH writes about in his article anti Americanism, anti rule of law, anti equality and favor of equal outcomes, and even anti reality. If Trump was for opening schools based on the science, they were against it. When Trump went to control the border, they want to leave it wide open. When Trump wants to apport it legal aliens guilty of terrible crimes, they want to fight to keep murders, rapists.
Speaker 2: And gang members in the country.
Speaker 1: When Trump plus to save taxpairs, billions or trillions of wasteful government spending dollars. They want to fight for the wasteful government spending. There is no common ground to be found in a party that's held vent on opposing everything Trump wants to do. It's it's a bizarre sort of politics, just dumb. I like your strategy of I would hang back and wait for something to go wrong, because inevitably will on the world stage, domestically something, and then take your shot to the the trying to turn what's going in right now into something bad.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna do it. There's too much public support.
Speaker 1: I felt like there was a different tone on the evening newscasts last night, and I blame Slash credit it to that CBS poll that came out Sunday with Trump having a fifty three percent approval rating. I felt like I could hear that fifty three percent approval rating in David Muir's VOI as they were covering Trump yesterday at the beginning of the evening newscast, much more treating him like a regular president. I mean, maybe he has a point sort of tone. I you know, maybe I'm making that up, but I really feel like that. Oh no, I guess should agree.
Speaker 2: They should be.
Speaker 1: There should have been somebody in that news director meeting and all of those newscasts saying, hey, look, people, he's got a fifty three percent approval rating after all of this craziness has happened. So maybe other people don't think it's as crazy as we do. Maybe we ought to look at it slightly different. I mean, they'd be nuts if they.
Speaker 2: Weren't doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't have any great admiration for politicians brains and wisdom and the rest of it. I think most of them are hacks and greed heads. But I would think they would at least perceive a what you just said and be that the frantic the sky is falling. He's a Russian agent. He's going to kill millions of people with COVID. I don't trust his vaccine now that it's our vaccine. Jabbt into yourself, whether you like it or not. I mean, just the systematic kid he wants the borders closed, to open up the.
Speaker 2: Borders led rapists in.
Speaker 1: Having seen how miserably all that failed, I would think they would at least say, hey, let's talk.
Speaker 2: About this for a couple of weeks and figure out what to do.
Speaker 1: But instead they're I mean, full speed ahead, moron, Maxine Waters screeching as security guards at the the Department of Energy and Chuck Schumer bellowing, we will fight in the streets.
Speaker 2: What are you going to fight in the streets? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Uh, we're kind of getting off on a tangent away from mailbag, which is fine.
Speaker 2: A number of people have sent the screenshot.
Speaker 1: House votes on the Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act Republicans two hundred and sixteen to nothing yay, with two Democrat votes joining them. But Democrats were two zero six to two against protect protecting.
Speaker 2: Girls, and spot didn't know that well.
Speaker 1: In the caption is imagine being the party that accuses the other party of hating women and then voting against women the hypocrisy's breadth. Wow, they're so scared of the nutty left that they were that uniform and being against that. My wait a minute, bone is a hummin. I want to check those numbers to verify them. Don't take that to the bank, Okay, yeah, because that strikes me. I've received it from a bunch of people. It says it appears to be a screen capture from Fox News, but it's easy to make things appear to be something they're not. Definitely, that'll do for now, sprinkling some more later. Copper is already up two and a half percent. This was yesterday. I haven't looked today because of the announcement of ending the penny. That's almost fifteen percent so far this year and it's early February. So the return on keeping pennies in a jar is beating interest earned by keeping cash in the bank currently, at least for pennies.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have chucked them away all these years. What you actually throw them away?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, not leave them?
Speaker 1: Well no, no, no offense, and I would call thefense. Good lord, I know what you worth next. I can't have you destroying currency. Yeah, uh no. I just leave them places for people to find them.
Speaker 2: Well, that's nice. I'll leave them on counters or whatever.
Speaker 1: I can't tell if that's nice or just like super the opposite.
Speaker 2: Here's a penny to the proletariat. I hope they have a good day. I left them a penny. I don't address them to their face like that.
Speaker 1: I just leave it and fellow oligarchs like me will pass it by and say I'm not picking up that filthy piece of copy.
Speaker 2: But the poor m I'd appreciate my all.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's the way. Then we'll take a break for Katie's headlines. I've said for years that's the way they should judge whether or not we should keep currency. Get one hundred random people. Maybe do it at an airport or bus station or something like that. You leave a penny on the ground and nicol the ground on the dime on the ground. What percentage of people bend over to pick it up. Almost nobody's gonna bend over to pick up a penny, which is proof that it is worthless. I don't know about the nickel. Almost everybody I think would pick up the dime, but nickel, I I'm not exactly sure. You're You're sour on the neck. I still think a nickel is something. But practically nobody's going to bend over to pick up a penny, which I think is I don't think I have spent twenty seven hours in the last year with any change in my pocket. Well no, no, if you're under the age of forty, you don't. You haven't spent an hour with any money in your pocket at all in the last year.
Speaker 2: Younger people.
Speaker 1: I know, just the idea of having money in your pocket seems insane.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that? Hmm, yes, Katie.
Speaker 5: Another big indicator the numerous shops on Etsy of people drilling holes in pennies and turning them into keychains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yea, yeah, any jewelry everywhere. Oh really yeah, and that's happening. Your currency is no longer. How did it take till now for Trump to say, nobody, we don't need the penny. It's that weird clinging to what is saddest quote, whether it's a government, programmers, the schools, or whatever. We just were terrified by the idea of re examining things and asking the only question that matters is this working?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: But then we adopt as a country or get scared into adopting. All of a sudden, dudes can participate in girls' sports and there's no such thing as men's and women's restrooms.
Speaker 2: I mean, so how does that sweep the nation?
Speaker 1: At the same time, we're unwilling to, you know, do away with the time change that we all hate, or the penny, which is worthless.
Speaker 2: It's bullying. That's how bullying, I guess. Biradicals.
Speaker 1: Katie's headlines on the way stay here? Have we had the best three weeks in the culture war and a half a century? As Rich Lowery writes of The National Review, maybe the uh there's some new polling out about people's attitudes towards the whole trans thing. Kind of interesting, man. It's moved a lot m the correct direction in my opinion, in the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot. So we'll get to that next hour. Among other things. The next great.
Speaker 1: Challenge schools, American government schools. We can arouse the awareness of the population and help them understand how miserable the current state of things is. I think we could really change the society for the better. Anyway, More on that to come, but right now, let's figure out who's reporting what.
Speaker 5: It's the lead story with Katie Green Katie, thank you guys, NBC. Trump threatens quote all hell is going to break out if Hamas delays the hostage release.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get into a couple of statements he made yesterday, one on the plane and one from the Oval office.
Speaker 2: He ain't kidding either, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Kind of alone, neither we, nor Hamas nor Israel really knows what the shape of that might be.
Speaker 5: To bring it on brdbart dot com. Nearly one third of Gossen's wanted to leave.
Speaker 2: Before the war. I'm not shocked.
Speaker 1: If you lived in a society governed by AMAS, how much would you enjoy it?
Speaker 5: From The Business Standard, FBI uncovers twenty four hundred secret records on John F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy's assassination.
Speaker 1: Not you know what's the significance? Oh yeah, I'm making my skeptical face. Then mister Jones interviewed mister Smith, who had nothing of interest to say. Is that one of the records?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 5: From the Wall Street Journal, China g is building an economic fortress against US pressure as Trump turns.
Speaker 2: Up the heat on Beijing. Yeah, we got to get into JD.
Speaker 1: Vance's statement at the Big Ai summit in Paris from yesterday, and it was all directed at China as the world is attempting to hamstring us around Ai, when China is going to ignore those rules similar to the climate change stuff. And xiz in Ping while evil as smart as hell, and he's understood that, all right. So the US tries to pressure us in this way, that way, and that way, we need to build an economy in a society that can't be pressured in any of those three ways.
Speaker 2: So they're working at it like crazy. He's incredibly strategic and evil.
Speaker 5: For The Washington Post, Elon Musk and group of investors launches ninety seven billion dollar bid for chat gpte maker open Ai.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to which Sam Altman immediately replied, how about I buy Twitter for nine billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't have time to figure out that whole rift between those two guys. It's like Kendrick Lamar and Drake. To me, I'm aware they hate each other, but I'm not sure why.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Elon is concerned about the fact that open ai is about to go private, when the whole the reason it's called open ai is originally was you know, this is going to be open and people can see it and it's not going to be evil, and Elon's braid it's gonna take everything evil and he wants to buy it and stop that from happening.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And finally, the Babylon Bee doubles in value after being egged.
Speaker 1: There you go, being egged is a good thing. Now try to scrap it off. You and catch it in a cup. If you could egg lick it off like Rocky, you get it raw egg heist. So you're also the country. We have more on more on that. There's quite a bit of news to talk about today. So our two could be juicy. I don't appreciate that choice of words, but I agree it will be action packed
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty