Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe Scary.
Speaker 3: Terry McLaurin is reportedly frustrated on a long term deal.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: According to Jordan Schultz, Terry McLaurin has made it clear to the team that he's frustrated with the lack of progress on a long term deal. As I previously reported, McLaren unexpectedly left voluntary workouts after initially attending, and it remains to be seen whether he will report the mandatory mini camp McLaurin mclaurin's entering the final Yuroman's contracts and talks have been minimal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see, you see how they do you. You see how they do you. He does everything right. He does everything he's supposed to say. He's a captain. He's a perfect professional. You know what he is like Larry f and Gerald reincarnated. And I'm talking about his approach to the game, saying all the right things, being a team leader.
Speaker 4: But you see what they see how they do you. Yeah, you do everything the right way.
Speaker 1: When it was time to repay you for doing everything the right way, they play with you. Why because it's about business, Because it's always been about business.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna get what he deserves. He's gonna get his deal done.
Speaker 1: They understand how important he is too and for that offense, and if anything, I think Jaydon Dan's at some point steps in and interferes and says, link get this job.
Speaker 4: Let's get this deal done.
Speaker 1: Same way Joe Burrow did with t Higgins, the same way Joe Burrow did with Jamar Chase. I'm not here to play no games. I need my number one target to be here. Do what you need to do to get it done.
Speaker 2: They do. Man, I hate I hate to do this.
Speaker 3: Guys that be professional, do everything, do all the right things, play hard, be leaders own and off the field. And when it comes down to get your y'all drag y'all feet.
Speaker 4: It don't matter. All that don't matter. All that don't matter, man.
Speaker 1: Not just for oh, because when it comes time to it, they gonna play you every time. Yeah, what ating fool? Just be yourself whatever whatever that may be. Some people have to play the game. Some people just choose to be themselves. But at the end of the day, they're gonna play both us no matter how you approach it.
Speaker 3: Hopefully Scaritary gets something done because he's been a model citizen and he's played extremely well for them, the real fafety cam Curl fit he's done playing Man no Joe. After they published the trailer of him getting juped out by saquon cam curl, he tweeted, laugh at you know what off, I ain't playing man this year? Why didn't do be like that dog? Been playing all my life? And how by first thing on the trailer gonna beat?
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, it's all good. It happened to the best of us.
Speaker 3: You say it's all good, But they ain't got that hit that Ray put on you on that old Madden.
Speaker 4: Hey, we listen.
Speaker 1: They continues to replace still twenty years later. I haven't longer whether it's just Madden this mad.
Speaker 2: Oh tell you know how many people gon get that Madden?
Speaker 4: Well, you know how many people don't seen me get ran.
Speaker 2: Over by Ray?
Speaker 1: I want to see it on Madden. Hey, he gonna be all right, He's gonna be all right. Listen, this is not I.
Speaker 3: Want to see it on bad I would see if you go across there and catch it.
Speaker 2: I could do the same thing like Ray did in real life. I could do it on Madden.
Speaker 1: You can you can't you you you you definitely can listen. I think I listened. I think it's a good thing. It's an iconic moment. You might've been the one that got hurtled over.
Speaker 4: But listen, you could tell your grandkids, well, look at your daddy.
Speaker 1: Grandkids. Hey, I was on the cover of Madden. But is it twenty six to twenty five? Would you tell your grandkids you got beat up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know you all.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I live in my truths. I live in my tooths. Listen, your daddy used to fight. I lost a few though I lost, I lost a few, and then I'd be able to name them too.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have the excuse.
Speaker 3: Do you think players should be sensitive about how they're portrayed in Madden?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, yes, that means a lot. That means a lot to the players, you know I do. I do the ratings. I do the ratings, so I try to be as fair as possible for those players that have that are disgruntled and upset about what their ratings are.
Speaker 4: Like, Listen, I play the game. I understand the game.
Speaker 1: I watch all of you very very closely, especially the skilled possesion and wide receivers in DBS.
Speaker 4: Now the other positions.
Speaker 1: I really don't have anything to do, and no say so in what your ratings are, but wide receives and dbs.
Speaker 4: I'm watching you.
Speaker 1: So if your rating is what it is, all I need to see is you show out consistent.
Speaker 2: So im grade yeah man, yeah.
Speaker 4: And listen.
Speaker 1: And if they sometimes they come to me in public and like if I have my iPad with me, I pull up.
Speaker 4: I pull up like in PowerPoint presentation.
Speaker 1: This is why you are eighty three because one week we play somebody that's not that good, you cutting up and then you would place it when you play pass certain.
Speaker 4: Boy, you go ghosts, when you go. I need constittency every week, no matter who you playing.
Speaker 2: Right by me.
Speaker 3: Don't give me that because you know I've only I've been one of a handful of guys that's ever been a hundred.
Speaker 2: They need to do right by me.
Speaker 1: O Joe, Hey, listen, an, we got you, we got you, we got you, We're gonna get you.
Speaker 2: It's it's only like three of our faith time.
Speaker 3: It's been about four or five of us that been a HUNDI right, So I want to change. I want some shoes I got And in twenty twenty seven, the guys, that's been a HOUNDI been on the cover.
Speaker 4: I got you, I got you. I can't put you on the cover.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna were gonna take God, we're gonna, We're gon We're gonna take care of your ultimate team. We're gonna put your ultimate team. You want to change too, Yeah, you you're asking for a whole lot. I've been a HUNDI I know without thirty years ago. It don't matter what it was. They like, you tell me I did it.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're right, you're right by that. You're right by that. I got you.
Speaker 2: They put a man on the moon fifty years ago, they did it.
Speaker 1: Hey, hold on, you know what, I don't know. That's kind of sketchy. Do you really think they went to the moon fifty years they did?
Speaker 2: Well? How long ago when you saw him boat ran that nine to five?
Speaker 4: Hey, that boy was moving. But we were able to.
Speaker 2: That was a long time ago he did it.
Speaker 4: Hey, hold on, we were able to see that with our own eyes.
Speaker 2: Well you saw you saw me earned that one hundred with your own eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you was all right, You was all right right.
Speaker 3: James Cook reportedly disconnected himself from the organization. It is what Adam said Adam Sam Adam Schefter had to say about James Cook's situation. He has basically disconnected himself from the organization and put the city, put his house up for sale, and I don't think we'll be seeing him in Buffalo anytime soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, listen, some times, this is what you gotta do. This is the nature of the business.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is not the first time that happened, and it definitely won't be the last time.
Speaker 4: I would love for James Cook to get his money.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's well deserved. But again we have to understand for those that are the chat. You have to understand how the NFL, the front offices, the gms, the presidents, how they view the running back position.
Speaker 4: They're there.
Speaker 1: There are Tier one running backs, the McCaffrey's, the sat Quan's, the Derrick Henry's, the Christian McCaffrey's.
Speaker 4: That they got. Yeah, yeah, that that that they value.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure why James Cook is not in that conversation when to come to the tier one, Tier one excuse me, running backs.
Speaker 4: But obviously Buffalo doesn't.
Speaker 1: See or if you h him in that nature, or they wouldn't even be in the position here and now they would be talks about getting a deal done.
Speaker 4: You got mandatory mini camp coming in, O.
Speaker 1: Tas are going on normally, you know there's there some type of activity or or some type of progress.
Speaker 4: The fact that we talked to James not I mean not too long ago, but it was that was in season.
Speaker 1: How uh No, they had lost, they had just lost. Oh they listen, Look how long that's been though? Huh how long that's been?
Speaker 4: Instill, after all this time, there's been no progressing anything.
Speaker 1: I'm going in the right direction. That lets you know what it is, man, And it sucks for both parties involved. It sucks for the Bills organization. That sucks for the Bills fans. Hell, it sucks for James Cook and his family for all that he's done, especially when you see what he's done on the field consistently weekend and week out.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady explained why he'll never criticize Patrick Mahons doing the broadcast. How can I throw shade at someone who's amazing as Mahomes is. I know he's been through and I think the one position that I meant now in the broadcaster, I do feel a responsibility to tell the fans what I see and be honest and up front about everything, but also realize that these guys are doing on the field. It extremely difficult. It's a high level of skill. You're looking at the thirty two teams who have starting quarterbacks out there. This guy's one of the best in the world at what he does. So do they make the right plays all the time? Certainly not, But by the way, neither did I and I think I have. I think you have to have this context and perspective.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: That's all we ask, yeah, is that you don't make excuses if Patrick Mahomes make a bad throw.
Speaker 2: Say Patrick Mahomes made a bad throat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 2: I mean. He's human.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael Jordan took some bad shots, didn't play well. It's right to say that that happened. Tom Brady, Peyton Madding, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes. It does not matter if a guy doesn't play well. It's your obligation because you know what the casual fan at.
Speaker 2: Home doesn't know. Yeah, so I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's I don't think that's asking much for the guys that's calling the game. And I know it's hard because here's the thing. You can't be too critical when you're in that position because then they won't do production meeting with it. So you have to walk a very fine line if you if you are play by play or you do color, which Tom does color, right, so you have to walk back like, yeah, that was that was a bad throw. That's not like Patrick Mahomes. You gotta you know what I'm saying. Oh Joe, you got to crouch, couch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't know what he saw in that one.
Speaker 3: That's not like Patrick, a guy that's played as one as many Super Bowls as you have and MVPs. That's not like him. So give the defense credit on that. You know, you gotta aid. But he's still I'll still take a Patrick Mahomes. That's how you have to.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it's all about It's all about word playing, center structure.
Speaker 4: That's all it is.
Speaker 1: And he's not gonna have to say much often because players like Patrick Mahons, your Tom Brady's, your Peyton Mannings, they are much more consistent as opposed to being bad.
Speaker 2: That's how they get to become what they are.
Speaker 3: And but see, that's the thing though, Ojo and so because they're not criticized that much, they should be. Okay, if you have a right you play seven good games, you have one bad game and say, well, he didn't play well today. I mean he's playing up until this point. I had him as the m v P. Well you don't play well, we are say that. You know he didn't play well.
Speaker 4: Today, right right, right, mhm.
Speaker 2: But guys are so sensitive. Now if you say that and play well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's it's tough if tough.
Speaker 1: And and then obviously the blow black, the blowback because it's Tom Brady criticizing Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 4: I can see it from that. From that list, they try.
Speaker 2: To build it up more than what it is.
Speaker 1: The great Tom Brady criticizes Patrick Mahomes exactly, and that's exactly what they's gonna do. They're gonna blow everything out of proportion depending on what he said. They're gonna be critical and dissect every little word that said. And that's one of the reasons why I think he said what he said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think the thing that's why you know, for me, O Joe, I had to be careful because every time they ask me you think such and such should be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Well, I ain't got a vote. Hall of Famer. Shannon Sharp doesn't think such and such a bit. Bro. You vote, y'all whatever, whatever y'all decide.
Speaker 3: Y'all know, I mean, there are a few guys that's in the Hall that actually have votes, but for the most part, the majority of us don't have a vote.
Speaker 2: So I don't, la, what do you think about this guy? What you mean?
Speaker 3: I didn't play against it, right, I mean, like I said, I thought I knew what a Hall of Famer was until I saw some guys that started not getting and it took them one, two, three, four, five times to get in.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I have no idea what the Hall of Famer is.
Speaker 3: I don't so I stopped trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Mick would. I was very fortunate to get in on my third attempt.
Speaker 3: My brother got in this year, so we're the first two brothers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Whatever happened after that, Hey, it is what it is. I got, no I got, I get off. I'm not offer no more commentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, that's that's why that's why I inducted myself.
Speaker 2: And so you know.
Speaker 3: But but the thing is is that I think, like for us, what we do we do? Yeah, I'm like, bro, so how can I you out there? You stink up the joint, you run a slop your route, You let the guy undercut it and pick it off. And I'm supposed to say what you don't go through your progression? You stared. You made your mind up when you left the huddle. You made your mind up where you was gonna go with this football. You stare the guy down he picks it off. What am I supposed to say?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: You got to I'm gonna make a PSA before the season start.
Speaker 3: If you if you're a dB, oh Joe and your eyes you watch it the the most.
Speaker 2: You watching the quarterback?
Speaker 4: Yeah, h you beat?
Speaker 3: You be the guy that you covered what you're doing with him? What am I supposed to say?
Speaker 4: You beat every time?
Speaker 1: Every time you pick your guys mind back in that backfield, you beat.
Speaker 3: So what you're supposed to do? You think you could be able, You think you can be able to get the sack him from where you are on the field trying to jump or you take a bad angle. O Joe, you're supposed to go underneath you go over, or you supposed to take away the inside and you let the guy beat you inside, right, Or it's a double team and you got outside and you let the guy beat you outside.
Speaker 2: What am I supposed to say? Right?
Speaker 3: Because I'm basically on a lot of times the situations that I've been in or situations that I've seen guys in Ojoe. I mean, it's hard for me to say, oh, Joe, you and I playing as long as we have twenty five twenty six years combined the NFL, that there's something going on the field that we haven't seen ourselves.
Speaker 2: Mm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when football season start, I'm gonna do I'm gonna do a psall all.
Speaker 4: Obviously my expertise is on dvs and wide receivers.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do a PSA before the season start that do not take anything I say offensive. I'm just giving you my expertise based on what I saw in today's I don't want no issues.
Speaker 4: If you have any issues all of all, y'all got my number.
Speaker 3: Titans rookie quarterback cam Ward reportedly shows up at the facility at five am every day. Head coach Brian Callahan says he has to force him to go home on some nights. Ward said, a five am routine has always been a part of the process. It's just my process. It's how I've always been in college until now. It's how I get everything, whether it's in film, treatment wise, I've got to get everything and to start my day in the end of my day, by whatever time.
Speaker 2: You got to get it done. Like it. I like the more I like young guys at the first in and the last to leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean obviously you have to do that. I mean, number on that position. Hey, you the number one pick. You got to have every edge, every advantage you can get if that means being there.
Speaker 4: At five am, even even know if your routine it should be.
Speaker 1: I mean, then it makes the transition easier into the NFL because it's something you already do.
Speaker 4: But everything you need to do, you got to do it.
Speaker 1: You got to buy in. You got to be the first one there. You are the franchise quarterback now you've been drafted number one, or leave no effing stone unturned in trying to be the best and change that, change that franchise around.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right, You're absolutely right be the first pick in the draft. You're supposed to be at the first pick in the draft. You're supposed to be franchise altering.
Speaker 1: Yes, hey, year one, because you see what Jeth Brown did.
Speaker 4: You see what.
Speaker 1: Jayden Dames did. No, I don't, I don't think. I don't think. I don't think. I don't think Camboard had the same type of you don't have the supporting cast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gonna have.
Speaker 4: The supporting cast that they do.
Speaker 1: So he's gonna have to be that much better, that much sharper, that much more.
Speaker 4: Consistent that he does have.
Speaker 2: Calvin Ridley.
Speaker 4: Do you name one player?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. But look what CJ. Stroud had his first year. Yeah, he had Tank, their Nico Collins, Dalton Schultz him.
Speaker 1: Now now now talking about look what Jadon Daniels had his first year. Yeah, come on, it's a big difference based on you got Calvin Ridley.
Speaker 4: That's that board. But still you need you need more to make up job easier.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right, he's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be alright. Though, he's good. He's good. He's gonna be all right. But I like that, Keep it up.
Speaker 3: Reggie Bush went out on the NFL team owners for being cheap and using turf fields despite increased risk of injury. Unfortunately, NFL will still believe that turf is the cheapest, most cost efficient way in the league. That analyze that annualist at what is that annualizes? Okay, makes billions every year. It's not adding up to be. It's repetitive cycle, and it's going to continue. It's unfortunate. It will continue until the players decide to stand up and say, listen, we don't want to play on turf anymore. Then the things will all players hate it. No sports should ever be played on turf. Seventeen of the thirty two teams play on artificial turf because guess what, O joe. It's easy because there are other things that they have on those football fields other than football games. They have monster truck pools, they have concerts.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, yeah, I understand, have a lot of.
Speaker 2: Other things, oh joe.
Speaker 3: And the turf grass is very expensive to put down new side and to throw it in.
Speaker 2: It gets very expensive.
Speaker 3: If it's just a feel that the only thing, because if it's just football, I can't make my money. I need to have Beyonce in there, I need to have Taylor Swift in there. I need to have monster trucks. I need to have other concerts. I need to I need to have other events there.
Speaker 4: To pay the bills. You to pay the bills.
Speaker 3: So look at so fine Olympics open ceremonies in twenty eight. The World Cup Beyonce was definitely like what three four days Taylor squil for there? Three or four days they have uh football games there. Yeah, I gotta get my money. I'm sorry, Hey, I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm listen. I understand. Maybe maybe running backs. Maybe it's just me.
Speaker 2: I hated, but we did it.
Speaker 3: I mean when I first got to the league, we had that old y'all had that bull jib on y'all field too. Y'all got y'all got I think y'all got that field turf now. But we had the artificial turf, which was seeing with that little bulleye.
Speaker 4: Rolled over in the Yeah, we we I had. I had the artificial turf. But I like it, uncle, I like it because, well, you hurt me. If it's raining unk.
Speaker 1: I still know I can run full speed and I can still stop on the dive. It's gonna it's gonna grab every time. It's gonna grab everything, and that that that made me feel comfortable as opposed to having grass and having to put them.
Speaker 4: Goddamn seven studs in and hurt my damn feet.
Speaker 3: I love to say I didn't. I played with tempo, I played with the speedos. Yeah what, it didn't matter to me. Oh Joe, you know why you want gona slip because you didn't plant. And I tell them you're slipping. You notice on the back of your heel you got four, in the front, you got seven.
Speaker 2: So they're trying to tell you to get over.
Speaker 3: Your knees and drop your hips and stop playing on the back of your heel.
Speaker 2: That's why you're slipping, you.
Speaker 4: Know, you know it's funny? Is that also unorthodox?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: I could run out rude to the left and I can cut, I can I can cut on my on my outside inside foot. Yeah you got. You got to see it. You got, you got to see it. And it looks and I lose no, no rhythm.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, it's crazy. It's weird. Now, i'd be right right in the floor.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But I didn't slip because, like I said, as I got older, Oh Joe, I rolled, I wore I wore temple bottoms. But early in my career, I would I wore I wore seven studs.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean, Like I said, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, hey, hey, them studs hurt. Uh yeah, screw oh hell no, oh no, And now you had that.
Speaker 1: I had no choice when we played the Steelers at any point in two thousands on that field they had at Hines back then, it was terrible. They purposely didn't get it done. That the purposely didn't get it done. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I played those old three Rivers. That turf was terrible too. Y'all's field was terrible too. I never saw three rulers. Oh oh old three ye Lls was terrible. That turf was terrible. But it get loud and the seats do you start bouncing the seats do this. You can see the people jumping up and down. But it's nice to go back because like, like man, I remember the first time that I played there, it was like, I'm like, man, the Steel Curtain played here. You know, they you know, win AFC championship games and so you know, you you play it and something that stored in like Three Rivers or Lambeau Old Field. IM talking about the old, the old. I'm trying to think, did I play in the old? Yeah, I played in the old Medal Lands. You know, not met Life, the old Medal LANs Okay, Uh, you know where the you know, they still share a field. So it's just it's just like just walking into that stadium and knowing the history of that stadium.
Speaker 2: Missis like won hotel.
Speaker 3: A new study from LSU Business School found that Super Bowl fifty nine had a major economic impact on Louisiana, generating an estimated one billion, two hundred and fifty million. The report looked that spending tides to everything from hotel, stage, restaurants, transportation, entertainment across the state. Roughly one hundred and fifteen thousand people came to New Orleans for the weekend, including one hundred thousand from out of state. Given the major booster tourism, that's why all these teams keeping last thing. The event also supported nearly ten thousand jobs across the region, making it a win well beyond the field.
Speaker 1: Trump, Hey, why you think teams the cities, I mean cities bid to have the Super Bowl in their city. They understand the economic impact it can have on that city. In such a short amount of time one week.
Speaker 4: Do you know how what can you do where you can make a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: In a week?
Speaker 3: No, no, nothing, nothing, And nobody more super Bowl than New Orleans, though, Joe.
Speaker 2: So they know how.
Speaker 3: They they're used to they put out, they have Mardi Gras, so they're used to having national championship games in the super Dome.
Speaker 2: They're used to having super Bowls in the super Bowl Dome.
Speaker 3: But you know it's gonna if it's in LA, that's it's in San Francisco, then they go to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: They don't need they don't know, they don't need San Francisco, don need no more money, they don't need Atlanta. It's gonna be crazy out there.
Speaker 2: Boy, you ain't gonna tell me.
Speaker 3: I already know because I went to the one in twenty nineteen when when New England played the Rams. Okay, okay, crazy gonna it's gonna come back. It's gonna come back to Vegas the Falcons. Yeah, I mean no, they played the Rams, and they played the Rams in Atlanta, they played the Patriots played the Falcons in Houston.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, okay, you're right, you're right, you're right, you're right, you're host.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 3: But pretty soon it's gonna be like, oh, like you get a new stadium. I don't know who is in line to get a new stadium because you know, but Atlanta, they're gonna rotate Atlanta, so by Vegas, Houston, Miami, Miami.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Arizona, Yeah, a Arizona field. Arizona got that damn Bermuda grass. Oh see they got they rolled it out. See it, it's on slabs.
Speaker 2: It's like in.
Speaker 4: Houston, yeah, a Houston in Houston. Arizona got the best fields. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Falcon and it's grass grass, but nobody say, nah.
Speaker 2: Nah, how I got the best grass.
Speaker 3: We got real grass and we got some synthetics sold in there mile high.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, this is the outs too high, y'all grass it's fake nah nah grass real bro.
Speaker 4: No, come on, man, don't do that.
Speaker 2: You hate old Joe.
Speaker 4: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but that's what Joe, That's what teams they want. I mean, that's why they want the super Bowl. That's why they try to get in on those beds and try to get Hey, let's get a World Cup come through here. Yeah, let's get the Olympics, so Fi l A A, Atlanta A.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it, you think you think you think the Super Bowl had an economic impact on Damn. We was just at O New Orleans. Yeah til you see what the World Cup Eat City is in. Oh my god, I.
Speaker 3: Think the Fighter is gonna be in New York right, but it's coming through Kansas City.
Speaker 2: It's going through Kansas City. They're going to so Fi fake the SEMMI Finals. It like slow fire something.
Speaker 1: Hey boy, every everybody from every other country is coming to support their country. That's gonna be good anyway. I can't wait. I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if I want to deal with all that. Oh Joe. College sports changed radically Friday night. Schools will begin to directly plan their athletes less than them and less than a month thanks to a legal settlement that will officially approved in.
Speaker 2: Federal court starting July first.
Speaker 3: Each school will be allowed, but not required, to spend it roughly twenty point five million dollars in new payments to their athletes. Each school's athletic department can decide how it will divide the up the money amongst athletes. Athletes will are also be allowed to make money from selling their rights to their name, image and likeness and il to other parties as well. Up it's like anything, oh Joe, yeah, your chief generating programs. The guys are the athletes are gonna make more money. That's just the way it is. So I know they're gonna be softball and Jim Nasy so I well, if that guy make for.
Speaker 2: Me, bro, That's that's how it is.
Speaker 3: The best players on the football team, the best players on the basketball team, and the best players on the basketball.
Speaker 2: Team, O shoe, they get paid the most. Football and basketball.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think, you know, okay, like dude, Duke is a basketball program. North Carolina's basketball program, but out of bad mood. You know what, if you're in the SCC, you know, what the hell you go there?
Speaker 2: Season four football.
Speaker 4: Unless you really like that big king football.
Speaker 3: Ohio State, USC, UCLA, Michigan, Penn State. Those are football schools. Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Texas. Oh you oh miss football schools.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: There have been so many, so many gripes about you know, players getting money and being too young and you know being able to I just like it because of the colleges and the universities of.
Speaker 2: Oh, I ain't got no problem with it. Get that bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've taken advantage of these kids likeness for years and made billions and billions and millions of dollars off these players.
Speaker 2: It does away with amateurism. They've been done away with that.
Speaker 3: When y'all started getting these big TV contracts, y'all e't give a damn about no amateurism. It it was about financial game. And the player said, and these athletes says, I want some of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you what. That guy could be a straight A students.
Speaker 3: But if he got an act, if he got a sports scholarship, let him suck on the football field, of base ball field diamond or or the basketball court and see if he's still there.
Speaker 2: If it's if it's if it's about an education.
Speaker 3: Bill, they say, hey, hey Holmes, hey, you you're in an athletic scholarship, not academic, right, don't lose sight of that now. I'm I'm gonna give my books, though, Joe, because then, you know, because I want to stay in you know, I won't give my book, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Lose sight, Dawn.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm gonna do just enough so I can touch that field.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that you gotta make. I made you an eligibility. That was That was my major, that was my maj Jo Joe, and that's a good one. I ain't never heard down with eligibility, Oh man, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: The most game, tie or lead taking shots with under five seconds left in the playoff game since nineteen ninety seven. Goat James eight of those, Reggie Miller five of those, Tyre's Halliburton with five of those. Four of those came this year along Kobe Bryant, has for Chris Middleton, ask for as you can see, Paul Pierce, Tim Duncan, Mano janob Lei, Ray Allen, Dame Dollard, Jimmy Butler and Tredy all half three. But I thought Lebron didn't take and make oh never mind, never mind, o Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forgot what it was. Say he didn't have a clutch Gean, Yeah he was scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I've heard those drummings before.
Speaker 2: I heard those.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say who said it, but I've heard him before. M hmm yeah he he nice. Hey Halliburn, Halliburton, Listen, if had had himself a playoff run, hey talking about overrated, huh hey, he might go and win this goddamn series and win that championship. And I guarantee you in his speech he will mention, how's that for overrated? It get rate that overrate that, I guarantee you. I'm telling you, I'm calling it right now.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: He won a championship. They need to bill him a statue, a statue already what he done? Yeah, hell yeah, when he done? Okay, okay, yeah, and see I thought you finna give him a statue even no no, no, no no no no no no, no no no. You can't get nobody though. I mean, that's reserved for the the best. That's a Jordans, that's a Lebron or Steph Curry type of thing, you know, if you were Tom Brady, a Patrick Mahomes type of thing. But Halliburton should have him, you know, should have him a should have him a statue out front. He had unbelievable. This is as good a playoff run as you're gonna see now, not from not you know, he don't. He's not averaging thirty eight and ten. But as minus, I thinking about a game one plus y'all against Milwaukee, did that against Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Did that against a the Knicks? Did that? Man?
Speaker 3: He a like I said, the only run that has been close to that well the shots with Lebron he hit the three against Indiana and then he hit the kiss off the glass against Toronto. But I mean, this man has got four of those shots in the playoffs Alon this year.
Speaker 2: It's crazy playing. Unbelievable that it couldn't happen to a better guy.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering how much those court side tickets are.
Speaker 2: Where they're they're not expressing him like if it was in New York, LA.
Speaker 4: It's not the same.
Speaker 2: Huh No, hey 'all know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just asking.
Speaker 2: I'm not going.
Speaker 4: I'm just curious to see what it was.
Speaker 1: Being that it is the finals that I thought they would have they would have tripled the price or something.
Speaker 3: I mean triple the price might be fifteen thousand, might be ten thousand. Bret people in that, I mean, there's some people, wealthy people, but the it's not like LA and New York.
Speaker 1: Oh joke, right, right, right, understandable. A dog immediately feels bad after making a hole in the wall. Take a look at this video with Joe. Oh that's the black dog.
Speaker 2: So oh, oh that ain't a he'sai. Oh, he said, let me go sit down before they come in here and find out that I did it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna go back over there to it now.
Speaker 2: He like, Hey, you closer, you did he did it?
Speaker 4: Hey, hold on, hold on, I know what. Hey, listen on.
Speaker 1: Please tell Ash you have a team of people, Please tell them to find the same video right with the guy who does the voice over, the guy who does a voiceovers. He does voiceovers with the animals and stuff like that. Yeah, and he does a voiceover for that exact video of them playing around and he's talking and it Dog, it's so funny.
Speaker 4: I swear for god, I was crying for like ten minutes straight.
Speaker 1: Oh the comedian here, a comedian, Yes, he's a comedian voice over all the animals. He got one for that video. Oh my god, dog, it was hilarious. I don't know where I thought the game was a night.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's tomorrow. It's job, our last thing. But even though joy's time for Q and eight.
Speaker 4: I'm ready for the game tomorrow. We want to make it. You want to make a little like that?
Speaker 2: Do you just laughing at he's the way you want to make a look like that? I want Do you blame me my money? You owe me?
Speaker 3: I got you, I got you brand Brandon m said, what's your favorite Wayne line? Minus we take it over. I'm a beast, feed me rappers or feed me beats.
Speaker 4: I'm a I'm a bango, I'm a cheetah. I don't even know how to say it the right way.
Speaker 1: A chat.
Speaker 4: Somebody give me that Wayne line, he said, oh.
Speaker 2: Cho, he said he did, he didn't remember.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to say it. Somebody gonna feed it to me in the chat.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: One city at a time. We taken over and he says, I'm a beast. Feed me rappers or feed me beast. I'm maintained a leader. I've been saying I need a shriek, I love brain, lead a leash while complaining I'm on easy streak or me been talking let the beast or speak And I like my sprite Easter pink. But that's one thing about Calid Now, Cali, Hey, well, Cali put something together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's nice with the calling, nice with it now the CALEI if I was, if I was an artist, you know I hadn't you know, made me some beets and produce something for me too.
Speaker 2: But are you starting out on your costs? Man?
Speaker 4: Man, No, they'll do me a favor now for me. They hey for me. You know them boys, they chier.
Speaker 2: They this new dog say.
Speaker 3: Hey, he wont two fifty to five hundred four beat and for the video you get an hour, So get.
Speaker 2: The shooting.
Speaker 4: This met this meat.
Speaker 1: I know business comes first, but where there's certain people that come to you and need a favor.
Speaker 4: Oh for oh nigga? Man, well, you ain't got to pay me nothing.
Speaker 2: Man, what you're trying to do?
Speaker 4: Grilled up like o cho?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I think what way do way? Wordplay? Way? Wordplay is is crazy?
Speaker 1: You got to have ear phones on because if you don't have phones on, you might miss it. Oh man, listen, man, I'm telling you just listen to listen to them two songs, the one Maria with White left and the other one being my being Myself. Listen to being Myself first many friends did the be and.
Speaker 4: Just listen to what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Johnny keroroy, what's up? Uncle? O'hoe is Elliott? I love the show. What do y'all do? Hey? O cho?
Speaker 3: Who you got so salty at my five six eighty five pound self because I can push those one forties for nine. My video is on uh uh on his Twitter had oho and his feelings Oh Joe huh.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, he's short and he built like a pit bull and when he laid down his feet was dangling, so he should be able to do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Man, Listen, I mean I talked shit like that all god damn day. Why congratulations? Well, I love you baby, you know you steal my dog? Well not, but I'm hit them forties more than one forties Monday for me. Hey, I did the one twenties the other day, identify it. But everybody telling me to come down a little further, right, But all my I talked to Field heals, right, I talked to feel Heat and Phil told me and in some other professional bodybuilders you know who won Olympia, they say, listen, coming down ninety degrees, that's enough, not anything below that.
Speaker 4: You know, it's it's it's called and straight on the.
Speaker 1: Shoulders with that type of weight, with that much weight, you know, your arms they shild Phil. He told me go ninety degrees. I'm going ninety degrees. I don't care what Okay, hear me?
Speaker 2: Now? You know feel heat? Huh? No? Me and feel like this.
Speaker 1: Me and a few used to train together. How you think he won a few of the Olympias?
Speaker 2: How many Olympias he won? A No? Seven?
Speaker 4: Seven seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He thought I was righting Rodney and Lee red one eight.
Speaker 1: Hey, look at you Look how big I am. Look how I filled my shirt out though? That's crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lee big?
Speaker 3: I t what's up? Ugado Joe? When y'all going to have a tour at last Nashville, Tennessee? And oh, do you think gold James will be able to get a number ring?
Speaker 2: Number five?
Speaker 3: If they get a big, it all depends on who the big is. Alex Linn was not gonna be help them get a ring. Uh.
Speaker 2: They needed They need a quality big. They need a.
Speaker 3: Mark Willim would definitely help the guy from Charlotte. But they got to fill out the roster. They don't just need a big, they need some depth. They need people. You see the team that you see the teams that are in the finals.
Speaker 2: What do they have? Yeah, big a bench, keimper nor what jr. Oh? My question is what's your top five movie? Candies?
Speaker 3: Oh, Twizzlers, Racist Pieces, south Patch Kids, gummy Bears, ms.
Speaker 4: Nah, man, you tripping man, fat.
Speaker 2: Boy? If I have some milk, dug, I'm listen.
Speaker 4: The fact that you're a whole grill lout. You ain't say you're raising this.
Speaker 3: I I don't know what like, No raisin that man you halfway through the movie, guess what we're going home?
Speaker 2: Why raisers? Ah?
Speaker 4: You Oh you can't eat raisins?
Speaker 2: No, sir, oh, I ain't know that. I ain't.
Speaker 4: Okay, my bad, My bad, my bad.
Speaker 2: I can meet them. Yeah, but thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, I'm a raising I'm a reason that I can't wait to go listen. I couldn't wait to go see see Centers in the theater. The simple fact that I hadn't had raised this for so long, and hadn't been to the movies since before COVID.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, the first thing.
Speaker 1: I'm fit to grab at cinemak or right here off for right off, right here off for Sheridan.
Speaker 3: I can't be some reason. Quizler's first recis Pieces Cloud Patch. Oh Joe, I've been to I think I've been to one movie in five years. What you saw I don't even remember because it was just like right, It was just like right.
Speaker 2: It was like a year. Damn. I don't know what the hell I saw.
Speaker 3: It was probably like twenty It was probably like twenty twenty twenty three, like in March to twenty three.
Speaker 4: He was an I pick, okay, okay, I picked, But.
Speaker 2: Man, I love oh cho, I love the movies. I used to go all the time. That was my thing.
Speaker 3: Just hey, just go get my work out in on Saturdays in the off season and you'll see two three movies, then go back home.
Speaker 2: See I'm good. Then I'm good. Yeah. Hey, I didn't go to the movies.
Speaker 3: Give me a I don't know if people eat that big old bucket of popcorn, I can't do that.
Speaker 4: Just get a small one. You don't need no big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I ain't never got the bucket, and I don't want to share. Let's get a buck No, no, no, you get your own.
Speaker 2: Hold on on.
Speaker 4: How you gonna go on a date to a movie and not share.
Speaker 2: That's the whole. I want you to have your own you serious? Yep?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, hold.
Speaker 2: On, hold on?
Speaker 4: Happened? I just thought about something. I'm not gonna let you get away with this. How you twiddlers?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: You know what twiglets taste like?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Twizzlers like? Hey?
Speaker 4: You ever taste candle wax?
Speaker 2: Hey? Nah? You remember the things used to have that liquid in there? You too? Yeah? It was wax. They have liquid inside of it. What they call them, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, Twiddlers taste like candle wax.
Speaker 2: I know that I love that. Twizzlers. I love Twizzlers.
Speaker 3: Then I get recist pieces, so you know, I get to racist pieces to bang a popcorn, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: The recis pieces, guns bites. South Pass is cool. But then I hate when the roof of my mouth or my tongue get you get numb, yeah, man, not not numb, just from like you know, you eat pineapple?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't like that with the South Pass stuff.
Speaker 3: Stephen Bath three pointe said, uh, what you know about the way you speak about discipline has literally changed my life. Keep preaching. Can you give another story about you? And Sterling from your childhoo a much love, big fan. Well, I think, look, my grandfather was in the military, and when you walk on when you work on a farm, you have to be disciplining their hard working because.
Speaker 2: It ain't no, it ain't no, ain't no easy job on the farm. Ain't nothing easy about the farm. You.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're bailing hay or you're feeding you know, feeding animals, you lifting big old feed sacks and you know.
Speaker 2: But y'all was one of them. Guys.
Speaker 3: Hey, I see my cousins do it. I see everybody. I want to try to do it too. I ain't got no business try to lift No. Twenty five pound feed sack at no.
Speaker 2: At No.
Speaker 3: Five six seven years of age. Right, I can't tell me nothing our granted to say. If you grab it, you got to pull it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but I just say the thing is, that's as a matter of fact, I just talk to my brother today. It's tough, man, It's tough. I think about when that, when I think about what he and I went through to get to where we are, it makes you appreciate it. It makes you appreciate stuff, makes you appreciate having him. Like I said, I don't know if I don't know if any other brother hm hmm, i'd have that relationship with because hell, I need it more now than I ever needed him before. And he's been there, yes, sir, but.
Speaker 2: Steven, I wish everybody could have a story and sharp for an older brother.
Speaker 3: L A. Brown MD said okay, okay, o, Joe, can you drop a skin regiment because you look real smooth.
Speaker 2: Don't say eating cat because that's not on the menu.
Speaker 4: Hey, but listen, listen. I just you know I'm a skin routine. You know my hair is all the same.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I use fair and white and the fact, fair and white black soap, Fair and white black soap.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on, it's right here.
Speaker 1: Hold on, see, I got got I got my toiletree bag right here too, A fair and white that is right there, Fair and white black soap.
Speaker 4: It's all I use.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it from I get it from the beauty supply store on fifty fourth Street in Miami, so in the hood, any any beauty supply store. Far and white black soap. It's the only thing I've ever used. Obviously, when I shave, I don't shave.
Speaker 4: I don't use the raise.
Speaker 1: I use clippers anytime you used to use ivory, ivory soap or Irish spray.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, let me let me finish. I'm getting my routine.
Speaker 2: So listen.
Speaker 1: These are my clippers right here, right you know. I cut my hand bomb boom, shave this up real quick, and I use skin tight.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: I use the skin tight because I ain't got no no raisors, no nothing.
Speaker 1: Right before and after that, then I use my fan white black soap, fan white. That's my routine. I'll be watching twitter on people. Hey, dude, be having all these routines, rubbing all this stuff all on it. I'm like, man, who the hell got tap for all that?
Speaker 2: What is he?
Speaker 4: But two minutes?
Speaker 2: I'm done? But it ain't got tap for all that?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: You having fifteen fifteen minute routines every night? Man, Man, listen, I I'd rather be bumpy.
Speaker 2: Called a did be calling you Bumpy Johnson?
Speaker 1: They listen that they that that name will have to stick. But some of that stuff, I think some listen, I understand creating content, but got some of that stuff be like over the top, Like we've got time to do that every night, especially.
Speaker 2: When you come home from somewhere you sleep. Yeah. Man, women do that. They women got their routine. They put that thing. They do that every night, don't no matter what.
Speaker 4: Better than me have it on makeup and having to use.
Speaker 2: Wives to get it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did the wife to get it off?
Speaker 1: Do you got to take you you know, depending if you got on strips or or you got on individuals, you have to do take your lash, take your strips off.
Speaker 2: Uh, your wig?
Speaker 4: You take your wig off or sit it? Sit it on the styrophone. Like I mean, listen what women have to go through, uh when they come home. Now, it's it's too much.
Speaker 2: It's too much.
Speaker 3: That concludes this episode of Nightcap. We want to thank our special guests Matthew Judhan for joining us. I am your favorite UNC Shining Sharp, my partner in co hosts Liberty City's Own being a Ring of Fame, Houtterie Pro Bowler All Pro, He's Chad O Yo Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe, but please make sure you hit the like button and guys go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank each and every one of you for your support, your continued support. Thank you for joining us. No, we didn't have a lead in for sports, and you could have been anywhere. You could have been listening to anything, but you chose to listen to Nightcap with Uncle Ocho and we appreciate that. Make sure you check out Shade by Lapoortia. We do have it in stock now. If you can't find it any city or state near you, we're coming.
Speaker 2: Trust me.
Speaker 3: Ordered online, we'll ship it directly to your door. The best tasting Vsop Premium Cognact on the market. We won thirteen the ward. We're gonna get those wards up till you show you the wards that we won. We're serious about this. We do a very good job. The team has done a very good job of going to contest and we always we're gonna come back with the war.
Speaker 2: We win it something, leave with something, leading with something.
Speaker 3: Go follow our media company page on all of this platform, Shay Shape Media and my clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out that Lincoln in the chat, supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last. We'll see you tomorrow after the game. Okay, see takes on Indiana. Will it be tied one one or will Indiana be going home up to Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes for join us.
Speaker 3: I'm unk, he's Ocho. We'll see you tomorrow after the game. Thank you, guys. The volume