Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in, We'll drive You. Nick Grid Episode two seventy five, Gotta get right into it, Ton to Do Baseball ended yesterday, Basketball is going That's actually not gonna be in the show. NFL trade deadline approaching us, and our Week nine NFL gambling show. Also, Oh, programming note that has to be so frustrating for our producers because they find out the programming notes the exact same time the audience does, which is when I say them on the air. My apologies for that, but I always think I'm like, oh, yeah, I have to tell everyone, and then we're on the air, and I remember Demande's gonna find it out as well. Next Thursday, we're not going to be able to do the show as regularly scheduled because I am going to be in Las Vegas. The reason I'm in Las Vegas. We will discuss more during the show, but next Thursday we're not going to do our typical gambling show. We'll figure out what we're going to do. Today, though, we are doing our typical gambling show. And if you've been listening to the or watching the gambling shows this year, you kind of know how it go. How it goes, I give you a mediocre slate of picks either three and two or two and three, and Demante gives you a teaser that wins by fifteen points. It is really just an insane time of events, but that's the world in which we live. Demonse will get to you in just a moment. Here's what missed the cut for the show. Jaywalking officially legal in New York City. I did in fact check this story, and I be honest, I'm not sure I'm gonna trust the NYPD to get that memo when they don't want to. Lebron and Bronni return to Cleveland, Bronni scores a point, gets a steal it, or scores two points. Pretty dope, and Aaron Rodgers evidently finds the Fountain of youth. And I don't really know why Aaron Rodgers demand feels the need to keep telling us all these things rather than just I don't know, playing better. What's up? What do you have in your hand?
Speaker 3: I've got the fountain of youth. Drink that Aaron Rodgers is claiming this is kind and water?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, oh you're gonna try it? Wow? What a bold move did you? Is that really what you just tried? Is it cayenne pepper and water? Oh? I mean I can't. I'm just gonna have to take Oh yo, it is? Oh I now here's Can I say one other thing? For all the time Aaron Rodgers spends in weird corners on the Internet and talking to people, the fact that he is just now hearing about the cayenne pepper water lemon juice thing is bizarre to me. I knew that that was a thing, Like when people are doing like forty eight hour fasts, that's the thing. They drank water with cayenne pepper and lemon. I don't know whatever that was truly discussing. I honestly, yeah, I have to imagine. It's not great when I used to do the mornings, and then we'll get right to the World Series. When and I had that three thirty am wake up call for years, and I'd stay up and watch basketball, sleep for three hours, do the show, come back home, sleep for another three hours. Just drive you literally nuts. I started taking ginger cayenne pepper shots when I woke up. Do you remember I had him in my little mini fridge Orange shots. Yeah. Peter King wrote about how they were all over NFL facilities, that guys would use them after naps or that they it was helpful and it was a way to not drink so much coffee. And so I did start doing that. But that's neither here nor there. All right, let's get to the World Series. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: So you and Wilds and Brew have been camping out at Yankee Stadiums the last couple of days of the series obviously wrapped up last night the Dodgers rallied and came back down from zero five. How does this compare it to the close out some other World series to you.
Speaker 2: Games, Well, here's where I yeah, sure, so listen, the Dodgers were the better team and even if the Yankee he's won last night, the Dodgers were the strong favorites for the series. But there was gonna be massive pressure on the Dodgers down or going from up three to zero to it being three to two. Twenty four teams, twenty five teams or sorry, twenty four is the number prior to this series had been up three to zero in the World Series. Twenty one had closed it out in four. Only three had ever lost Game four and the needed game five, and none of those teams had ever lost Game five. And the last team to be up three to zero in the World Series before the Dodgers and not close it out in four was nineteen seventy. So they were on unprecedented ground or shaky ground already that was getting unprecedented. And when the Yankees, when the biggest story for the Yankees is Aaron Judge's bat isn't going And in the first inning, bang two run bomb, and then Jazz hits a bomb, and Stanton hits a bomb and the stadium is rocking and Cole is absolutely dealing, and then Judge robs Freddie Freeman of a home run or a potential home run, certainly a double, I don't know. I mean it was a he jumped and stole it off the wall, but I'm not sure if it quite would have cleared. Everything is coming up, Yankees, and then one of the most tragic innings of defense you will ever see in your life. It got started sadly with Aaron Judge messing up on a routine kind of line drive fly ball. Combo just dropped it. Then Volpi makes a questionable play it short, so we have back to back errors, but still does bases loaded, nobody out, and Garrett Cole strikes out the nine hitter, then strikes out Otani, and then Mookie bets Is hit the plate and Mooki hits a ground ball to first base, and they're gonna get out of the inning up five to nothing despite all the defensive lapses, no damage done, and Garrett Cole doesn't cover first and Rizzo can't get to first and they both just stand there and watch Mookie Bets screaming down the baseline and then all of a sudden, Freddie Freeman hits a double. Tiascar Hernandez gets a hit, and it's five to five, and Yankee Stadium is catatonic. It was an unbelievable gag job in a half inning to lose the World Series. And sports demons are so cruel because Judge has struggled in the playoffs his whole career. Yesterday definitively was shaping up to be his greatest postseason game and moments by far. The home run, stealing a home run, another big hit, and for his that was I think the only error he committed in the outfield all year, and it's a routine play in the World Series. Just didn't squeeze his glove quite right. So now that haunts him, That lives with him.
Speaker 3: Jason Tatum missing a layup to go up ten and instead they get like a three on the other side, it starts a run.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like yeah, yeah, except it's also Game five of the NBA Finals and they lose. Yeah, and their season's over. And I'm gonna add one other point to it to your context. In the pre dozen playoff games, Tatum was shooting twenty four percent and the team was winning despite him. I mean, this was a Judge, I mean, judge, this was Judge's first multi hit playoff game all season and prior to last night, in his last thirty five playoff games dating back five years, he had one multi hit game. This guy who just had maybe the greatest season by right handed hit or ever. So that's a tough one man. And now on the other side, so I'm gonna give you guys a little Dodger's history because this is the flip side to the cruelty of sports is sometimes you bang, bang, bang on the door and then finally, mercifully breakthrough. Dave Roberts got hired to coach Los Angeles Dodgers. Are managed, sorry, the Los Angeles Dodgers. In twenty sixteen, they won ninety games, they go to the NLCS, lose, good season. It then started the following run demonse. And again I'll say this for you, but also for the you know, our audience might be like, we don't talk baseball on this show, so there might not be as familiar with what the benchmarks are or whatever. Eighty one wins obviously means you're a five hundred team. Ninety wins means you're a good team usually that makes the playoffs. One hundred wins means you are an awesome team, and anything north of one hundred you are almost assuredly the best team in baseball this year, Okay, that year. Some years there are multiple one hundred win teams, but it's it's pretty rare. That actually did happen to the Dodgers once where they won one hundred and six, and the Giants in their own division one hundred and seven, But that's pretty rare. So Dave Roberts takes over in twenty sixteen. Here's how it goes for them. Twenty seventeen, one hundred and four wins, go to the World Series, lose in seven to the Astros. That Astros team. You know, they might have had the signs and the pounding and the signals and the cheating and the whatever. But hey, Dodgers looking great. The next season only ninety two wins, get right back to the World Series, but gets smoked by the Red Sox. The very next season, demon say, one hundred and six wins, lose in the first round. The next year is the pandemic year. They win the World Series, but there's no fans, there's no crowd. It's a sixty game season and people are like eh. The very next year, one hundred and six wins don't make the World Series. Twenty twenty two, one hundred eleven wins losing round one, last year one hundred wins losing round one, and this year ninety eight wins, smoke everyone in the playoffs, almost losing round one, and then smoke the Mets. Smoked the Yankees win the World Series, like they have been banging on the door with really tough postseasons. Well, I you know, probably the randomness of of to what what were you gonna say?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, oh, Tony, but I know he hasn't he didn't care throughout the series.
Speaker 2: But oh no, but it might. I mean he did. He played his best in the one series they almost lost the NLDS and without him they would have lost that. And I do think that even though he wasn't playing great, I do think just having him at the top of your lineup put so much stress on the pitchers. So, like, no doubt about it, having Otani there helped them. But also, you know, the other thing there's the difference is it's baseball, man, and these times, like the best of five series, you can just get beat even if you're way better. It's just so different than the other sports. So I listen. I'm thrilled for Dave Roberts, I'm thrilled for Freddie Freeman. I love Mookie Betts. It's a great story, and but it's just so painful for them to lose like that as a Yankee, you know, in if you're a Yankee fan, it's painful to lose like that. All right, what's your follow up before we get to football?
Speaker 3: Are you officially a baseball guy? Are we gonna start talking more of baseball in the pot or so?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I we don't talk it on the pod because it is weird to parachute in after not talking at all year. And I really there are two types of baseball games I like watching. First type is the Royals, whin they're good, and the second type is any playoff baseball game. Play like, the difference in enjoyment, level, excitement, and nerves from a playoff baseball game to a regular season game can't be compared to anything else in sports. Regular season it just feels like whatever, Like, you know, find a way to get through the game. Find whatever. Playoff baseball. It's the third inning and it's a one to one count and the balls on the corner and your team's at bat and you thought it was an inch off the plate and they call it a strike and you're like, you've gotta be kidding me. Should be two to one, we're in control of the count. Now it's one to two. Every pitch is so nerve wracking. So I love playoff baseball. I don't pretend to be a base expert, but I do. I you know, I was out on the field of Yankee same last couple days, and I at least pretended to be one pretty damn well. And so I so I'm not a baseball guy, but I do love playoff baseball. And I gotta say, and we can show the picture. I deeply appreciate Fox and FS one, uh setting me wilds and brew up like that. I mean, this is the biggest World Series baseball's had in at least a decade. And you know, you could argue in thirty years the Cubs making their first World Series in forever was maybe more substantial. But what it's it's what Yankees Dodgers is as good as it gets in baseball. And for Fox to put the effort and resources into getting us out there and then getting us. John Smoltz, Alex Rodriguez, Joe Davis, and Dave Roberts on the show was just oh and Big Poppy on the show remote the day before, it was just phenomenal, and so I greatly greatly appreciate it. All right, pal, let's go to the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yes, So the trade deadline is approaching and teams are making moves and they're making them fast. So Baltimore just landed Deontay Johnson. I don't know, could we not have gotten some defensive help there? But yeah, we got a receiver, the Vikings got offensive line help, and other names are to be rumored. Does every team need to be a buyer in order to dethrown your Chiefs?
Speaker 2: Well, nobody's good enough to beat the Chiefs right now, So I guess the answer to that is yes. I do have to say. It's not the it's not demonde that I think that's a bad move for Baltimore. It's just not the move I would have made. And here's what I don't understand. Whenever Baltimore loses, people are like, we should have run the damn ballmore, and then at the trade deadline they go out and had another You know decent wide receiver. I do think the Vikings Christian darisaw height, Yes, and and it immediately crippled Arnold He go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, I was saying they got to that very fast, like that was literally just last week.
Speaker 2: Correct, Because you're right, they they knew like, oh we are cooked. Without a better left tackle, it's very difficult to get quality offensive lineman at the trade market. It also, the Jags trading away Trevor's left tackle not great for me. So I think that's a sharp move by them. Uh listen, the Chiefs Jaylan Watson, who's one of the better players that nobody outside of Kansity knows about, was their cornerback too. He broke his ankle. That is now an actual position of weakness for Kansas City. I know that the Rams are, you know, potentially shopping Tradevius White. I don't think Tradevius White is good anymore. I feel the kid was excellent, but he suffered multiple substantial lower body injuries and he's just not a real player anymore. I wouldn't mind the Chiefs trading for a corner. I know Baltimore I think should want to trade for a corner, and so you know, the Chiefs added josh Uja for nothing and they added DeAndre Hopkins. I like both of those moves. All right, let's move on to the next topic.
Speaker 3: Tomroseay, So the Colts they've been she Anthony Ridgardson. I feel like might have been a little bit of a punishment for him checking himself out. But you were super high on anything Richardson. It seems like he's too rough to be a competent a quarterback. In the moment, quarterbacks are getting bingched very fast. So it's time to dust the cobbebs off and to do the Nick makes it right segment fix the NFL. The NFL's problem with quarterback development. Do these so yeah, do you think these guys need to play better? What's the situation there?
Speaker 2: So the biggest problem with quarterback development right now is you're not trying to develop these guys. So Anthony Richardson completed fifty two percent of his passes in college, he only started ten games. He was considered the raws prospect ever to go in the first round, and you took him number four overall because you were like, man, in a couple years, this guy might be able to be a superhero. To give up on that player after ten games is an abomination, simply. Here's the thing. The Niners took Trey Lance, who played a dozen college games at the FCS level, knowing he was a raw project. They gave up on him even quicker. However, he suffered a season ending injury, and they had a kid his age. I gotta take this jacket off. It's too hot. They had a kid his age who they thought could be good, if not great, so it was like, hey, we can still be developing a young player. To give up on the fourth pick of the draft less than a dozen starts into his career for a thirty nine year old Joe Flacco is one of the most inexplicable, unforgivable franchise decisions. What do you think you're doing with Joe Flacco? The same shit you tried to do last year with Gardner Minshew. Find a way to get to eight to nine wins, be the seventh seed, and get absolutely blasted in Round one of the playoffs. Last year they didn't even quite get to Round one of the playoffs, Like you have no The whole idea behind drafting Anthony Richardson is it's gonna be really rough. He's gonna be really bad, but eventually, if it clicks for him, he's maybe the greatest natural athlete to ever play the position to flat throw in the towel. Ten starts into his career. It's a shorter leash. Then the Panthers gave Bryce Young, And you might say, Nick, you weren't as hard on Carolina for giving up on Bryce. Totally different situations. Bryce was a multi year, awesome college player for a national champion program who was not raw at all. Bryce was. The worry about Bryce was is he going to be too small? And then he got to the NFL and he is, and so there's no fixing that. Bryce was supposed to be relatively speaking, pro ready Anthony Richardson was supposed to. It's it's it's like you discover this isn't on the fly analogy a child prodigy in biomechanics in a different country and the kid doesn't speak a lick of English, and you're like, all right, we're gonna bring him here to work with our team because he's a savant. However, it's gonna be very frustrating and very trying, because it's gonna be at least two maybe three years till he can communicate with our people. But once he gets the language down, if he gets the language down, he is going to be so additive and take us to the next level. And then six months in his manager's like, I can't work with this. The kid can't speak English. Give me the average guy who knows how to put the widgets in the wall. And they're like, okay, fine, what are you doing? What's the plan? What so? I so the Anthony Richardson Richardson thing. And again I want to make this clear, I am not saying I am convinced Anthony Richardson would ever be good. What I am saying is, eighteen months ago, you made a choice to spend the fourth pick of the draft on a guy who had ten college starts, who everyone said was going to be one of the rast prospects ever and completed fifty two percent of his passes in college. To then give up on him because he's completing fifty one percent of his passes in the NFL after ten starts is bananas. And I'm going to give you another example. The Buffalo Bills took Josh Allen, a two star out of Wyoming whose best collegiate accolade was like honorable mention Mountain West, who was inaccurate in college, and said, all right, it's gonna be ugly early, but he's six ' five two forty has a cannon if we can harness it. Josh Allens first dozen games of his career trying to pull it up right now. Well, I'll just give you his full rookie season. Yeah, he had a sixty eight passer rating and completed fifty two percent of his passes. He had some of these. He was eight of nineteen, he was thirteen of twenty six, he was six to fifteen. He had passer ratings his rookie season of thirty six, forty two, forty four, fifty two, fifty six, sixty three, seventy one, seventy one. He had three games he threw for one hundred hundred yards. They stuck with him because they're like, well, this was the plan. And then in year or two, Josh Allen only completed where's the completion fifty eight percent of his passes, but it trended in the right direction. He got a little bit better. And then the year three was in the AFC Championship Game, I and they were like, it's just so different.
Speaker 3: Cults aren't doing anything, just so, so why not.
Speaker 2: Just like, that's my point. And the guy sitting behind him, it's not like they had a version of Sam Darnold sitting behind him. Where it's like, oh, a guy who was once thought of as a blue chipper who's in his late twenties, who we have now fallen in love with and if he's really good, we're gonna have for the next ten years. It's Joe Flacco. He's lightly he's almost forty, and so that that one really annoys me. It really annoys me. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 3: So it's Halloween, and although we will not be dressing out, we're still going to get in the spirit. It's time to take a look at which NFL teams have the scariest future going forward. We're breaking it into three different categories of teams and you will decide whose situations are the spookiest.
Speaker 2: And that's in a bad way.
Speaker 3: So the first we got the upper tier team with the scariest future is, and the middle class team with the scariest future is and then the bottom feeder that's the scariest future.
Speaker 2: Okay, So This is actually quite an easy exercise for me. The upper Yeah, sure, please. If the first is Niners, no, oh no, actually that's not it. No, no, no, because the the Niners are they have enough really good players and we'll see like what the party contract comes in at. But no, it's not the Niners. It's the Bengals. Oh okay, because t Higgins has gone after this year. They have not done well enough on building the defense or the offensive line. And you're not going to You're about you didn't pay Jamar Chase last year, You're gonna pay him this year, so he's gonna be top of the market. And it just feels like they really put a lot of they could have taken the longer view and two years ago traded or a year ago traded Tea and gotten a first round pick and something. They're like, no, we beat the Chiefs, and then we lost to the Chiefs the NFC title game. We're right there. And then last year went to hell because Burrow got hurt. And then this year they're like, no, we're still not trading Tea. We're going for it again. And then this year's going to hell because the defense stinks and the inside of the offensive line is not good, and so they this was their moment, They're only gonna have less talent on the roster. I think they have a coaching question like so yeah, to me, I think it's the Bengals that it's like, geez man, how are we going to not have capitalized more on this moment? The mid tier team? I said, this was really easy, but then I forgot who oh on, now I have to scroll the standings. Oh, I know who it is. Do you have a guest demons or do you want to say yours before I do it?
Speaker 3: Well, I just have a hard time deciding what middle tier is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, because like I feel.
Speaker 3: Like a team like like the Jets, is that mid or is that lower tier?
Speaker 2: Like is that we'll call them? It could be either, right, but that.
Speaker 3: I go Dallas, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: That's why because I don't consider that, oh, Dallas you anymore. No, they're definitely not top tier right now. But uh you, I have two answers for you, and they're both AFC's teams. It's the Jets and the Dolphins. I'd be really worried about both situations. The Dolphins salary cap situation is grotesque and they really went for it right now, and it seems like some of that Mike McDaniel magic has worn off a bit. The defense is not good that you know, Tyreek is openly pining to be a chief again, and we don't know what Tua's future holds. The Jets, on the other hand, are just just they gave their franchise over to a madman. He's not good at football anymore, and they're gonna need a new GM, a new head coach, a new quarterback. And they do have some night they don't have. You know, they just gave what's gonna to be in like the sixty sixth pick of the draft for Devonte Adams. You know, they've got gar like coming going. I hope he doesn't retire. I really don't want him to retire, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why I just don't want him to retire to see if the Jets will keep him, Like, I just want to see if.
Speaker 2: You're like, all right, let's run it back. Oh well, if he's the thing, who else is gonna eat?
Speaker 3: Like maybe Carolina goes out there and tries to grab him or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. No, even if he doesn't retire, the Jets are gonna clean house and the new GM is going to use their first round pick on a quarterback. Like that's going to happen. Now, if Rogers is there, maybe he starts the year as the starter, but I don't Yeah, I don't know. And then the bottom tier team demands I think you could probably guess it. It's pretty obvious who it is. But like, do you have a team you want to say or you just want me to do it?
Speaker 3: Bottom tier? I'm gonna gonna put out three. I'm gonna put out the Carolina Panthers. I'll do Tennessee and.
Speaker 2: That's all you need to say. No, no, no, it's just Carolina. Carolina is so much more screwed than well, you know what, I I lied to you. Who was the third team you were gonna say? I was gonna say the Patriots, but I don't know. If no, the Patriots, Patriots might not be because Drake may might be good. But you know there are two. The Panthers are screwed because the ownership is terrible. They don't have good players, they don't have a quarterback, they don't even have all their draft picks. Not great. The other team that's on that list is New Orleans because New Orleans doesn't have the quarterback and also doesn't have the cap to rebuild that team, but they at least have their draft picks. But yeah, that's a fun exercise. I enjoyed that, all right. So oh real quick, by the way, because I said at the top of the show, so you guys saw on Twitter and Instagram a few weeks ago, I did that that gold pass giveaway thanks to the folks at Poker Stars and the NAPT and What's Right show listener won it. He seems so excited. I think we talked about it on the show. If not, I apologize, but it was such a we did talk. I know, No, you're fine. I know we talked about the giveaway once, like mentioning it, but I don't know if we talked about the winner on the show. But this kid, who's a legit poker player won up you know what they call a gold pass and I'm trying to pull up. Oh Benjamin Valder is his name, but he's you know, a grinder, and now he gets to play in the NAPT you know, Las Vegas main event. It's a five thousand dollars free role essentially for him and gets the hotel and airfare. All that was so cool. And while that's going on, the reason I'm not gonna be here next or next Thursday is because I'm doing a quick turnaround forty eight hours in Vegas, because I'm going to Vegas to play in the big game on tour, which is poker fans will understand this. But even if you're not a poker fan, this will like have relevance to you because it will sound it's a cool concept. The way this thing originally worked was decade plus ago, a six handed poker game. You're gonna play one hundred and fifty hands, five professionals all sit down with fifty thousand dollars cash and one drawing winner. Essentially, they called the loose cannon gets given the buy in fifty thousand dollars. But demonse, they can't they can't be like, okay, I'm just gonna fold every hand and walk with the fifty thousand dollars. They only get to keep their profit, so they're super incentivized to play hands and be aggressive, and at the end, like if you so, Poker Stars gives you fifty grand to play with, but you only get to keep what you make you've got ten hands left and you're sitting there with fifty two thousand you've won, or forty eight thousand, Well, you're super incentivized to go crazy at the end because if you walk with forty eight grand, you actually walk. Whether you have zero or forty nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine, you are getting zero dollars out of you only keep the profit.
Speaker 3: And so if you got a bag like in the middle, like without like if I went up sixty k, yeah, didn't start folding.
Speaker 2: Right, So if you're the loose cannon, well no, so if you're if you're the loose cannon, and let's say you early on double so in your fifty turns into one hundred, you now have the opportunity if you want to just fold essentially the rest of the way and walk away with your profit call it, you know, fifty thousand dollars. But there's multiple layers to it because there's multiple loose cannons, because there's over the course of a season. It's TV show, so you know what I mean, There'll be multiple events, and the loose cannon on the original that had the most profit won an extra jackpot of a bunch of tournament entries and stuff like that. So you want to win money, but you also want to win the most money because then you get the extra juice on it. Right, That's how the original one worked. The way this one works is instead of it being one loose cannon and five pros, it's one loose cannon, three pros and two people like me. So the game I'm playing in, but all the same rules. You keep your profit whatever. So the game I'm playing in, I'm not sure sure, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say who's in it, I'm gonna all right. So playing in this game will be a you know, a loose cannon myself, Rob Gronkowski, and then three pros who again I'm not sure exactly who the pros are, but could be someone like Phil helm Youth, Tony g Sean Deep like those folks. And so now it's it's kind of even steven in that you got three pros at the table, three non pros at the table. Gronk's there. I don't know that Gronk is studying, you know, gto wizard for the optimal post flop play on you know, you know, low paired boards and so we're gonna be out there cooking, and so you can watch it on YouTube and it'll be episodic. There'll be like six episodes. And I'm saying it right now to dem I say, I am. I am setting my personal goal. So I'm sitting down like everyone does, with fifty grand and I if I don't win at least seventy two thousand dollars, I'm going to be disappointed. And that's that's the goal for basically a double up and a half. So I plan to end these one hundred and fifty hands with about one hundred and twenty five grand in front of me. That's the plan. And you, your mom, your sister, and your other sister are all in for a five percent profit free role. And when I say your mom, she's really in for one hundred percent profit free role. But you, you and your two sisters are all in for five percent profit free role. You actually get it, your sisters. It's the best thing in the world. When like, because I always put them, you know, put you guys when I go I'm going to Vegas gambling real money. So I like to make it like I'm doing good parenting when it's just me gambling money in Vegas. Your piece of it. I have to actually ship to you. Your two sisters. I put in their college fund in their main bank accounts because they're not old enough to actually have the money. So all here's the thing. I'm not gonna reveal my results like the day I get back because it's a show. They want there to be some suspense to it. But you'll be able to watch on YouTube. It's gonna be super dope. So appreciate. But yeah, it that's the idea. Get him down, Yeah, get get Gronk to buy back in. I mean I I don't think Gronk's coming there with one bullet, because if you lose the fifty, you can buy back in as much as you want. I was watching the one that came out a few months ago. What's the guy's name. What's the guy's name? Oh my god, Alan, he's a crazy gambler. And I watched the whole thing. Alan, this is gonna bother me so much. Uh it doesn't mean Allen, but no, John good Good. I appreciate that you're not gonna be able to guess it. I watch him all the time. I have to look this up because it's gonna bother me. But the point is, uh, he he he bought in for three hundred thousand dollars and so like, I don't know how much Gronk's gonna buy in for him, I guess is not that, but he it was so I mean that game, that game played really big. That game played Alan Keating Keating is his name. That game played really big. I don't think this game will play quite as big. All Right, gambling show. Speaking of that gambling show. Next, What's right? Hey, guys? What's driving Nick? Right? And the NBA is finally back. A new season means new ways to get into the action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. Who's draining threes, Who's crashing the boards? Get behind your favorite players and prop bets you can make on DraftKings, the home of NBA player props. First time betting, new DraftKings customers, you bet five dollars, you can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Every point counts with DraftKings Sportsbook. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use code right that's code WRIGHD for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings, the crown is yours. Gambling prom call one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope in why, or text hope and why, which is four six seven three six ' nine in can Etiquette. Help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in New Hampshire, Oregon, Ontario. Bonus bets inspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co slash b ball. All right, demons, So, as I mentioned last week, another two and three week from me, But again it's because of a hail Mary at the end, like are you kidding me? We can show you my picks. I'm now a game under five hundred on the season. Cleveland plus eight and a half against Baltimore. They went out right Atlanta minus two and a half against Tampa, they win easily, Green Bay minus four. Against Jacksonville, they win by three fine New Orleans plus seven. At the Chargers Bad's wrong side of it. The Bears are up three with twenty seconds left, and then up three with two seconds left, and then the worst Hail Mary defense you've ever seen, and I lose. So whatever, it's just so annoying. However, TD Genie did pay. How about that? I told you because you thought Travis Kelsey wasn't gonna wasn't gonna score a touchdown National tight ends day. Give me a break, I mean, just give me a break, all right, before we get to your amazing teaser streak. I listen. I know the producers spend a lot of time researching the stats on my picks. I don't want to get into it. I'm depressed about the picks. I'm just the numbers say, I'm just coin flipping. I mean, I'm just the numbers, say just you could follow Nick's picks, or you could just flip a coin, the go five one. It's so fresh trading. I'm so annoyed about it. It doesn't so we.
Speaker 3: Still got a whole other hat for the season for you to get back on track. You know what, I appreciate games five hundred your one game?
Speaker 2: No, Can I tell you something I think. I think if I was ten games wellow five hundred, I would feel better. It would feel like I'm actually doing something. Now, I'd be doing something bad, but I'd be doing something. Being five hundred, just being dead five hundred is just so annoying, all right, First pick of the week Demons the weirdest line of the NFL season. Yeah on Houston plus two at the Jets? What is going on there? Listen like I mean, this is such an outrageous line. My gambling all of my gambling instincts say this is a must stay away, but I can't help myself. Like it is so the six and two Houston Texans are giving points to the two and six New York Jets on a short week. It is an outrage and it's so bad that it feels like it's such a trap that you just have to stay away. But I can't. I just can't. This might be my last opportunity of the season to bet against the Jets while getting points against a good team. I get it. The Texans offense, no Nico and no digs, that's gonna be a problem. But this is what I just come down. Keep coming back to Demanse. How on earth are the Jets gonna be able to keep Aaron Rodgers upright against this Demico Ryans front. Rogers is banged up, and he's banged up with not a full week to recover like that. How is he not going to get just hit and hit and hit tonight? I think he is, And so I just wait, what it suck?
Speaker 3: What are you game tonight? I'm sorry, I'm just finding out that game is today. That's awesome. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's a fun Thursday game. It's also likely the final. Here's the thing, it's probably the final time Aaron Rodgers on national TV the rest of his career. They're not going to make the playoffs. They have no Monday night games left, they have no Thursday night games left. They have one Sunday night football game left, but that can be flexed. You want to know who that game is against Joe Flacco and the Indianapolis Colts. Jets. Colts is getting its ass flexed out of there. The two oldest quarterbacks in the league, cobbling around for bad teams get out of here, and so this is probably Aaron's last game on national TV, and so I'm just betting against him.
Speaker 3: It is like I saw the line and I'm staying away from it because there must be something up there, because there's just no way like Vegas is like yeah minus two.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, can I tell you something? See you for going through with it? Yeah? No, not props to me. I mean that was a really good example of the student becoming the teacher. I mean, you're right, it should be a stay away. It should be a stay away. I just can't help it. I can't help myself, and I'm going to bet it. I am definitively going to bet the Texans on the money line tonight. So I'm putting it in the picks. Next.
Speaker 3: Uh, Next, you got Cincinnati minus seven versus the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, listen, I know Cincinnati has been really shaky lately. The Raiders are a terrible team. They're a terrible team, and the Chiefs didn't play that well this past week. They did whatever they wanted. They were up fourteen late in this game. Cincinnati has to win. They're at home. The Raiders are not going to be able to slow down Burrow and Chase and the Bengals defense, as bad as it is, I just don't think the Raiders offense scares you. And so listen, here's the thing about the Bengals line, though they kind of have the opposite offensive line of the Chiefs. The Chiefs have, you know, some question marks at tackle, but are amazing guard center guard. The Bengals tackles are fine, but are brutal guard center guard. Crosby's gonna be on the edge. And so like the Chris Jones be a real problem for Cincinnati because he's right in front of you know, he's right in the middle. Crosby. You just listen. You just have to chip block or double team Crosby every snap. No one else in the Raiders is gonna hurt you. Burrow is seventeen and seven against the spread after a straight up loss. I like Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Next, uh, you got Jacksonville plus seven and a half at Philly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so listen. Philly's played really well lately. I think they're due for a bit of a slight regression. Again, I give Philly credit. They pulled their season off the brink, but seven and a half is a lot of points. When Jacksonville is an excellent passing attack. It's not just Trevor, They're just that Jacksonville. Now they're dealing with some injuries. I understand that, But Jacksonville can move the ball. And Philly's defense to me not as good as his. Look the last couple of weeks, back door cover wide open, and I think Philly is not gonna be quite as sharp. This just feels to me like twenty seven to twenty Philadelphia. This feels like twenty eight to twenty four Philadelphia. The seven and a half to me, is too many points for an Eagles team that I don't fully one hundred percent trust. I don't love Jacksonville trading away the left tackle before the game, I'll tell you that much. But seven and a half for a game that I wouldn't be shocked if Jacksonville won out right, and Philly after three straight wins, stumbles a bit, But I I'm not picking them to win out right. I am picking them to not be getting blown out. And as long as you're within thirteen fourteen points the whole game, this back door cover will be wide open. I think they're gonna be within six or seven throughout the game. So for all those reasons, I'll take Jacksonville plus the seven and a half. And by the way, Jalen Hurts is a favorite over seven points three eight and one against the spread.
Speaker 3: All right, next, Chicago plus one and a half at the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: So here's an insane stat. The Cardinals have won back to back games. That is the first time they won back to back games since twenty twenty one. I'm gonna say that again. Not three in a row, not four in a row. The Cardinals had not won consecutive games since twenty twenty one. Now we're talking about them winning three games in a row. Meanwhile, Chicago is coming off a horrifying loss that they have to make sure doesn't submarine their season. And Caleb has to have a big bounce back game because even though Caleb was good, those final drives is brutal for three and a half quarters. The Cardinals defense is a perfect get right spot for Caleb. I think the Bears win this game outright. I don't think that the Cardinals defense is gonna be able to handle the Bears vertical passing attack or their rushing attack with Roshawn Johnson and DeAndre Swift and I do think the Bears defense will be able to slow down Kyler and Marvin Harrison in company. And so for all those reasons, I like Chicago plus a point and a half. Last one, DeMont say, and this is my favorite one.
Speaker 3: You've got the Rams minus one and a half at Seattle.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the Rams are good. The Rams when they're healthy, I think are really good. Seattle, I think is defensively really really has some issues right now. I like Mike McDonald, their new head coach from a defensive standpoint. I don't know right now if it's more scheme or personnel or a combination of the two. But the Rams also understand they win this game. They control this division. They've already beaten the Niners. Will they will even their record to four and four despite all the injuries. They knock Seattle back, another tough moment for Seattle. I think the Rams go there and win thirty to twenty seven something like that. A high scoring affairs. Seattle moves the ball on the Rams defense. But if I think the Rams are gonna win, I'm not laying a field goal. This one is my favorite pick of the week. If I still did Locks, this would be it even though it's a road divisional favorite, and I know that kind of goes against it. Plus and I know Stafford historically is not good. In fact, he's the worst against the spread quarterback on extended rest of any quarterbacks in the last five years. I don't really care about that. I actually love that the are on extended rest here that they didn't. They played on Thursday, got a great win, and now they come back the following Sunday. I like the Rams laying a point and a half. All right, so the my in again mcvay's not good on extended rest either. I think those trends are gonna go in the other direction. My five picks this week Houston getting to tonight at the Jets, Cincinnati laying seven at home against the Raiders, Jacksonville getting seven and a half at Philly, Chicago getting one and a half at Arizona, and the Rams laying one and a half at Seattle. Four road teams, three dogs, two favorites. There. It is now to the actual money making portion of the show. Demonse's teaser, Demonse, go ahead, Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Last week it was Cleveland plus fifteen and a half and that one cash and Ken's silly minus two and a half. They won out right, and they won. Oh yeah, both those teams five one. Yeah, so this week it's a two teams said no, And I remember you said, and I don't mean I don't want to pile on, but you did say something on the pod I said, whish, I regret I came on here and I was like, hey, I don't want anybody coming at me saying like I've got inside information on the NFL. I'm about to start hitting these teasers. And you said I'd be shocked if you were something in three. I don't remember what that number was, but I'll probably just go back and watch it. But but now this is this week, said.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is you started, I mean, you've hit five in a row of five in a row. You also you also have hit multiple five team parlays and pulled back. Ay, you have hit two terrible parlay last weekend. Right, So Demante has sent me four parlays. He hit two of them. One of them he lost one leg. Was it the Ravens, I don't even remember what it was, and another Jets he would Yeah, that's right, you hit the Ravens, but you lost it on the Jets and another one it was a sixteen barlay. He got four of them wrong and he canceled it. He sent it and then was like, actually, on second thought, don't place it. So I mean, you are, as Danny Parkins would say, you are seeing the board clearly right now. I'm very excited to hear what today's teaser is. Shout out to Danny.
Speaker 3: So yeah, today this week, we've got a two teams seven and a half point teaser. It's minus one sixty three. I'm teasing Tampa Bay up to plus sixteen against the Chiefs, and I'm teasing Denver up to seventeen against Baltimore.
Speaker 2: A lot of big favorites this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Chiefs, I don't think are we know that they don't really blow team out and a sixteen point spread, you're alive for a backdoor cover the entire game if the team is any good game. And then Denver plus seventeen at Baltimore kind of like same thing, gonna be alive. Denver loves letting teams back in and I trust Sean Payton as a coach. So yeah, that's that's this week's I mean, sixteen and seventeen points.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I do like that you're doing the sharper thing, which is teasing dogs to bigger dogs, rather than the squarer thing, which is teasing face Listen. Sometimes teasing favorites is the right idea, but typically this is the way to go with it. Here is my only semi concern. Denver went out of its way to try to embarrass Carolina last week, running double passes and fake field goals while dominating the game. Mm hmmm, I don't. I would like I need to like look at and I won't actually look at, but I would if I were going to actually bet this. Then the Panthers coaching staff and if any of them have a close connection to John Harball, because if there's like, oh man, you and that guy, big assistent defensive line coach, and look, you tried to do that to them, let me do this to you, that would be of doing that to Denver capable, right, that's the thing. They're totally capable of running up the score if it gets going in the wrong direction. With that said, the Denver defense has been so good and bo Nix has played better. I do I like this. I'm gonna get yeah, correct, So I'm Listen, I'm gonna give this a B plus, uh, just because I'm a little worried about the John Harball piece of it and whether or not Harball is gonna be pissed at what Sean Payton did. But it's not like Sean Payton did this to the Chargers, and you know he did something tough. It's definitely Tampa's, uh, the Tampa line one, I will tell you. And this is the other reason my giving this an A. I gave you the compliment of going on the sharp side of it. I I do think that it is more likely the Chiefs blow out then the Chiefs lose out right, So like that, now that probably demand's a This is one that teasing it the Tampa Chiefs game in either direction would win. Like that, if you tease it to the Chiefs minus two that's a winner, and teasing it to Tampa plus sixteen and half. I do think that I prefer the chief side of it. But I these are sharp line, these are sharp teasers. You're gett you're getting across every key number. I like it. All right, let's do the offer before we wrap up, so the offer has made a return.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, no, this one is called fading the the fading the elixir. I'm not buying into the Rogers fountain of youth, so we're gonna fade it. And uh, we're gonna go for Rogers under one and a half touchdowns under two hundred and thirty three and a half yards one plus interception in Houston money line, all at plus four fifty.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what the numbers on it would be. I will take this offer amended. I'm taking out the one interception because I think strip sack is more likely. I think he's gonna and I think it is totally on the board. I'm not, again not rooting for this, but I'm not taking any overs for Aaron Rodgers tonight, including negative overs, because I think he could get knocked out of the game. I think that Will Anderson could come clear and crack him and he misses a drive or a couple of drives or whatever and then doesn't get oot. So my guess is it probably is like plus three hundred without the interception in there, but Rogers under one and a half touchdowns under two hundred and thirty four passing yards Houston money line. I will take that offer. We can put. You know, we can amend it won't be plus four or fifty plus three, twenty five is what that is. I'll take that one, but the I don't want to take. He has to throw a pick because I'm really worried about how that line's gonna be able to hold up against the Houston pass rush, and I think the Jets are gonna have to run the ball a lot. And so that's the offer I will take. All right, quick break, come back, answer a few questions, and I got a run. What's Right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right, and the NBA is finally back. A new season means new ways into the action at DraftKings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. Who's draining threes, Who's crashing boards? Get behind your favorite players, and the prop bets you can make on DraftKings, the home of NBA player props. First time betting, new DraftKings customers bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Every point counts with DraftKings Sportsbook. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use code right. That's code right for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings, the crown is yours and again that promo code is right. Wriight gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven to seven eight hope in Why or text hope and why four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas twenty one plus. Age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in New Hampshire, Oregon, Ontario. Bonus betz expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG, dot co slash b ball. All right, demons, let's get some listener questions. Aiden A.
Speaker 3: Gillan says is it fair to put Bryce Young In the same conversation as Achille Smith and JaMarcus Russell.
Speaker 2: Well listen pure well. Achilles Smith was number one overall pick I think he was number three uh, maybe number two. He's certainly in the conversation for worst number one overall pick of all time. H Achilles Smith, though got injured, JaMarcus Russell didn't seem to put the work in Bryce. Game's just too big and fast for him. I mean, it just sucks. Like this is why I this is why I feel bad about I don't think Bryce Young's done anything wrong, man, and he was an awesome college player. I just think that it's I sadly think that my pre draft analysis of this one was spot on. Game's gonna be a little too fast and the guys are gonna be a little too big for him.
Speaker 3: All right, Next, Cayden raised an ass three of the top five scoring defenses in the NFL or in the AFC West. What are they putting in the water over there? And how did it get so much better since last season?
Speaker 2: Well? I think some of that. Listen, the Chargers defense got better through Jim Harbaugh. Even though he's an offensive coach, he is the culture. I think some of that is schedule. That Broncos defense has shocked me. But great job by vance Joseph there and the Chiefs evens just awesome. But I think that what's more likely is the Chiefs have the best defense in football, the Broncos have the fifth sixth best defense in football, and the Chargers are closer to eleven twelve. But that's still pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: All right, next, uh Stone Grim's Blood. Do you think the Ravens defense regressing is similar to Eagles defense regression?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think the Ravens lost their Yeah, I mean they lost their defensive coordinator and he was kind of you know, a lot of smoke and mirrors last year. I just don't think they have enough good players on the back end. They It's weird because Mata Bouque is an excellent player, Rokwan Smith's a great player, Kyle Hamilton's a very very good, if not great player. Queen out you have great players? Say it again. Got Patrick Queen out there too. No he's gone. No, no, no, no, Patrick Queen, he's gone from the offseason. He was there last year. Queen left in the offseason and so but the so it's weird to have one great player at each level and not be good defensively. But they just don't have enough other guys, which is why I think some people thought that they would add someone in the offseat, or they would add someone at the deadline.
Speaker 3: All right, next, Danny Tanner is Jared Goff overrated this year due to his stacked team.
Speaker 2: Listen, he's played really really well. This past week was weird. He had eighty five passing yards. They scored fifty two points. Like, that's just throw That was a team that was not a Jared Goff game, but the other games had been. We know the book on him, for good or for bad. If you can protect him, he is gonna cook. If you protect him, he is gonna see things and cook. He just can't improvise. He can't make that second act of the play, but at that first act is available, or if you can get to the second act without having to move, he's gonna be good. Next last one? Uh.
Speaker 3: Jadeen Descalo has your take on the Eagles change and if not, what would have to happen to change your mind?
Speaker 2: It's in the pro Listen. I don't think they have a good head coach, and I am worried about how good the quarterback really is. But these like like you have to give credit words due. Jalen has played really well since he got his weapons back. And even though I think Sirianni's a dufus, the players seem to like him. And so my take on the Eagles is in the process of potentially changing. Is what I would say. I am not gonna be hardheaded and be like, no, they I know they're not good. They when you they beat the Browns, they didn't play well, that was not a good game, but they got the win. The next week they dominated the Giants, and last week they blew out the Bengals. So like, each of these wins is getting better and better, and so we'll see, Like the Eagles also have to be super bummed that the Bears didn't know how to defend a Hail Mary, because that would have been a great spot for the Washington to get a loss, you know what I mean. And all of a sudden it's like, oh, even though we had been on shaky ground, we're right in this division race. All right, Great job, demanday, great job. Everybody. See you guys on first things first, back from the studio or in the studio at three o'clock and I'll see you guys back here on Tuesday next week. Good luck in all your bets. Good I hope you guys, follow Demanday's teasers. What's right? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget we're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get demands another plaque, so like subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,