Speaker 1: You have told me several times as we're getting to know each other, Sabrina Ryan, that you were tomboy when you grew up a little bit. Yes, what was your tomboy jam like, what was your thing? Did you play football? Were you into sports? Was it? Like? What was your thing? I?
Speaker 2: Well, I did dance during my tomboy stage. Still I did.
Speaker 3: Maybe a little bit prior to that, like that might have happened while I was in my tomboy stage and then that part fizzled out. But I rode my bike like.
Speaker 1: Everywhere really, okay.
Speaker 2: And I did not have a girly bike.
Speaker 3: I had like a hoofy like it was more of like a racer looking bike.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I played soccer. I love playing soccer. And I played soccer all the way through my freshman year of high school.
Speaker 2: So I, for I think it's not.
Speaker 1: Athletic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean, like I liked to play soccer. It wasn't just dance for me. Even within dance, I was really into hip hop. So you know, that is a little bit more. It is not a girly It definitely can be, but it's not Typically you're looking to be a little bit more rougher with your performance level and things like that.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, well that's your tom boyne I did. I.
Speaker 3: I really love that time because I was really I had a lot of good guy friends too, I really you know, when it was recess time in elementary school, I was out playing kickball and always trying to play basketball, but I just didn't.
Speaker 1: It didn't work. Was probably wasn't in the cards.
Speaker 3: So I stuck to the sports on the on the field that I could handle, which was kickball anywhere I could really run fast.
Speaker 2: It was something I loved to do. That I did.
Speaker 3: I learned a lot about being kind of one of the guys at that time. And you know, having really good guy friends I think helped me later on in life because they really looked out for me and had my back, which is cool.
Speaker 1: I didn't have a tomboy face. I was very heavy set and funny, so I had a tommy boy face. Thank you very much, oh my, thank you. I appreciate that. And welcome everybody to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pj's, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart. The waves Tsunamis in the high School's musical.
Speaker 2: I'm Wilfredell and I'm Supriena Brian. I love you will. I just can't. I look forward to this damn.
Speaker 3: Podcast all freaking week because you come out with those banger drop Mike.
Speaker 2: Good love.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. But what I really appreciated was this week's movie. I was so happpy with this movie. I was so happy with this movie.
Speaker 3: This movie, it was another one. I'm getting a little frustrated that my memory is not kicking in as.
Speaker 2: Well, really, because I.
Speaker 3: Completely forgot that the mom that is in this movie is Mary.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh.
Speaker 3: I've been around her a lot. She was best friends with Louis van Amssel, who was on Dancing with the Stars with and she.
Speaker 2: Was, okay, the mom of Dawson's Creek.
Speaker 1: Mary Margaret Oh, Mary Margaret Humes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and she is she not just the most stunning I think she's the most gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Mom's absolutely stunning.
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing. I googled her, and I was like, this woman is well. She was also like a Miss America contestant and one like Miss Flour. I mean, she was beauty. Was part of this woman's life, but.
Speaker 2: She was a goddess in real life.
Speaker 3: She is so sweet and just so humble, you know, I love I mean, I was like, oh gosh, I mean, we already have two guests from this movie, but rustly we will get maybe get her on because I love talking. I can't I couldn't wait to call her one time and start talking to her about this cast because the way she talks about Dawson Creek and that cast of how those feel like her kids.
Speaker 2: Yea's so cute.
Speaker 1: Oh that's well. If anybody still doesn't know we are talking about motocross, that's right. It is time to get some big air. So hold down the throttle, make sure you're the whole shot, and pull off a knack knack, because we're recapping again the two thousand and one Motocross Racing dcom perfectly titled Motocross Thank You. We are back to extreme sports dcoms here, ladies and gentlemen, which is why I'm gonna start talking like this. No, I'm not a common thematic focus for the studio. In the late nineties early two thousands, we had Johnny Tsunami, we had Brink. This time it's centered around the high stakes world of dirt bike racing, Sabrina, have you ever been on a drtbike?
Speaker 3: I have not, and I wish I had when I was younger, because there is zero chance I will get on one now.
Speaker 1: At I was ten when I got my first dirt bike. I started on a Honda Z fifty as a little kid. I went then to an XR eighty, then an XR one hundred, and then of course I had a car. But I have well, I'll see if I can find them. I'll post some great pictures. I have great pictures of me dirt bike as a kid. It was. It was the favorite thing in the world. My friends and I all had dirt bikes. We were our little motorcycle gang that had just no talent on bikes and were completely uncool. I always say we were like Johnny and his bad Gang of Cobra Kai in the first Karate Kid movie, except none of us had women, none of us knew karate, none of us had talent on our bikes. So completely and totally different, but in our head it was the same.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys rode out in like the back.
Speaker 1: We were in the woods. Yeah, we were in the woods. And we made our own racetrack and we all had different numbers on our bike. It was something zero one, so my friend Jeff was one oh one, and then my friend Matt was two oh one. I was three zero one, my friend Andy was four oh one. It was like all of us riding around. It was just so I love that This movie premiered on February sixteenth, two thousand and one. And here's a sentence, I didn't see coming. Motocross is based on the Shakespeare play twelfth Night. That is absolutely true. For those who've never seen or read twelfth Night, first of all, you should. But it's about a mistaken identity where Viola, disguised as a man, becomes entangled in the love triangle involving Duke Orsino and Lady Olivia, ultimately leading to a comedic misunderstanding and joyful resolutions. And it's not the only modern popular comedy that got its inspiration from twelfth Night. We also have. Two thousand and six is Amanda Bynes's soccer ROMP She's the Man, and apparently nineteen eighty five's doesn't really hold up very well, but still one of my favorites as a kid. Just one of the guys also claim its origins from the same source material. Once again, you're looking for a banger, look for Shakespeare. By the way, Shakespeare talk about being a cad and kind of an ass. In his will, the only thing he left his wife was his second best bed. Thank you, William Shakespeare. This was the twenty sixth dcom ever made, and it filmed in various locations around California, with many actual motorcross race tracks being used to ensure an authentic environment. Similarly, handfuls of professional riders were hired as stunt doubles to ride and perform stunts, most notably A. Lisa Huggins, a popular pro. She was a stunt double for the character, of course, of Andrea Andy Carson, handling more of the challenging scenes. And in many cases the actors didn't ride the bikes or couldn't ride the bikes at all, so they were very very stunt performer reliant. But here are some of the names of the people that were not only the riders, but did some of the cameos. It is just name after naming. These are names where even if you don't know the sport, you've heard of these names correct like Jeremy McGrath, Travis Pastrana, Steve Lampson, Sean Collier. I mean, it's one after another. They're all in this movie, making it just an absolute love letter and a time capsule for this sport. For sure, it's huge. This is also a big dive into again Disney doing it before other people are doing it, which is one of the channel's biggest and most amazing Just Chef's Kiss. They always seem to do these things before anybody else, and it's their dive into gender identity and equal rights something again, Disney still find themselves tackling in movies and TV shows in twenty twenty four, but we get a glimpse into the faults of misogyny for many of its young impress viewers back in the day. What a great way to teach these these things to young people. And it was again, I'll we'll do early thoughts, but this is might be my favorite team.
Speaker 3: But I could not believe that I forgot that this was a big girl empowerment movie.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I wasn't thinking about that. I don't know where I was.
Speaker 1: I know exactly where you were. His name was Riley. I know exactly where you were, so don't even get me started, because we'll also we're there.
Speaker 2: You are there too.
Speaker 1: Well, every single uh producer we've had on the show except for Jensen. I love Jensen, but all the other producers are women, and it was been the whole text chain. This entire week has just been a bunch of women going back and forth about Riley Smith. That's the absolutely.
Speaker 5: I didn't text, but I also think he's.
Speaker 1: Great general, he's amazing. But we weren't. We weren't actually texting about it. We told each other in press. We've also got a pretty incredible rock soundtrack, which did happen quite a bit in these more extreme d cooms, especially than this or its related ones. Yeah, but the song most remembered from this movie is You're an Ocean from the band Fastball, which also, of course is really known for this song out of my Head. I was out of my Head. But unfortunately, and this is something that we've talked about that's happened before, the song was removed from Disney Plus because of a rights issue, which thinks. But songs from Action League and The Juliana Theory they also appear in the movie. But it's a kind of a bummer about Fastball, But it's another very big reason that you need to go out and buy the movies that you love, because sometimes when they go onto these streaming services, they're changed. So if you get a chance, buy the DVDs, buy the Blu rays, don't buy VHS's. You can't really do anything with them. But seriously, keep buying the physical media or we are going to lose these films. Very important. So Motocross is available to stream right now in Disney Plus minus the Fastball song, even if it has some different music, But you can watch it before you listen to us or after. Why don't you let the moon phase dictate your answer, It will lead the way. So you said you've forgot a bunch about this, but what did you remember about motocross before you watched it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I remember, you know, knowing at the time that there were these big names that were actually doing the motocross, and I remember thinking, wow, this sport is so cool. It's something that when you live in Orange County, there's a place called Glamis that's a place where a lot of people will go out into.
Speaker 2: The desert and do stuff.
Speaker 3: And that was not part of my world my like, my family wasn't a part of that, but I definitely had friends that were sure.
Speaker 1: Is that like the big desert sand dunes you see with like yeah cool, and you go out.
Speaker 3: And you do razors out there, and you know, people take big like vs. Yeah, they stay there for like, you know, a couple of days or whatever. So I remember when this came out, it was my first time really seeing what the world was about, you know what. And and I remember being so good in that way. And then of course, you know, you got some great looking guys in the movie on this one.
Speaker 1: And girl, I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say, and she is great both. I mean, I just she was. She was stunning.
Speaker 3: Alana was just she was a beautiful young girl. And it was just I mean, I didn't remember it being girl power.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of it that way.
Speaker 1: I don't think total girl power.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I loved it. It made me love it even more. I just so fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: This is always the part where I joke, I've never heard of it, I don't know anything about it. And while I didn't really know anything about it, I had heard of this movie. This was like a brink or a Johnny Tsunami where I. While I might not have watched it because I was I was too old to see the movie, I definitely heard of this. This had made it into the zeitgeistis had made it into the culture enough to where I knew exactly what this movie was. I didn't know really what it was about. I didn't know it was a girl power movie either. But motocrossed you know about a motorcycle dirt biking movie that was on the channel. I had totally heard about this. I did not know how good it was, but I totally about this. So before you injure your knee in a friendly competit twelve lap race with your sister, why don't we get into the synopsis? A young girl secretly poses as her twin brother to win the big motocross race for her father's team. Now, did you believe they were twins because they could have just been siblings, or was it being the exact same age important to the story. I'm sorry, I thought they did look like did you?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: I thought they pulled it off enough to it was it was like, it wasn't so crazy, it was believable enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And but I didn't need them to be twins.
Speaker 3: I feel like they just seemed like they could be you know what people consider like Irish twins, you know, very close in age. They didn't have to be identical looking twins for me at all. When she was in the shop, that whole scene back and forth, it was like, Okay.
Speaker 1: She really just pulled it off. Thought they pulled it off enough. I thought she pulled it off enough. All right, early thoughts, obviously, what'd you think of the movie?
Speaker 3: I mean, it was so I loved it from from the beginning. My my super Caesar not great.
Speaker 2: I've just sat there and watched it, going, oh, this is such a good one.
Speaker 3: I love these sports ones are my jam I love them so much. And this lives up to everyone's level of nostalgia that they've been asking for.
Speaker 2: This one. It lives up to it one hundred percent. I knew there was no way you weren't gonna like it.
Speaker 1: My dudebt, I agree with you one thousand percent. This is arguably one of my favorite movies that we've watched. This is so reminiscent of the movies I loved as a kid. Rad BMX Bandits, Gleaming the Cube, These were all movies that were so important to me as a kid. This caught that vibe perfectly. It brought me right back to that time. I thought it was fun. There's times I was yelling at the screen. We'll get into that, because oh do we have a trophy to give out this week? But it was it was really really good, super enjoyable movie. I did not have to try to watch it like I was thirteen. Watching it as a forty eight year old, I was like, this is just a solid, solid movie. Motocross was directed by Steve Boyam, a legend here on Magical Rewind. The stuntman turned director was also behind the camera on Johnny Tsunami and They yet to be reviewed, Stepsister from the Planet Weird, and Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire. So if you're making a movie about extreme sports or your family isn't coounting some sort of a monster, this is your dude. After an incredible career in stunts for movies in the eighties and nineties, including Oh Wait for This List and it is such a small part of the list, Predator, Days of Thunder, and Thelma and Louise, he's since become a very busy TV director, with credits on Cold Case, Hawaii five zero, Supernatural, and Goosebumps. And I really want to get him on the podcast because this guy is awesome. The movie stars Alana Austen as Andrea Andy Carson. Alana does some very heavy lifting in this film. She starred in the nineteen ninety four movie North, as well as a Steve Martin film, A Simple Twist of Fate, when she was just ten years old. She also played opposite Aaron Carter in the movie Pops, and she'd later star opposite Ted Danson and Mary steam Bergen on a failed sitcom called Ink, and guest stars on shows like Sister Sister, Seventh Heaven, and Boston Public. She retired from Hollywood around two thousand and five as far as we can tell, and has since entered the field of medicine. Wow. Also worth noting here. Before her retirement, she was set to star in a movie called Monster Jam about the infamous monster truck tour that we think was going to serve as a motocross sequel, but it was canceled before they started shooting. But we don't know, but we think that's what it was. She did start a movie with Lorenzo Lamis, Who's the coolest Lammis You're ever gonna meet? And Josh Hutcherson called Moto Kids that has absolutely no relation to this movie whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Trevor O'Brien is Andrew Carson, her injured brother. Trevor is best known for his role in Gridiron Gang alongside the Rock and has appeared in other movies like Dodgeball and In Time and TV shows like Gray's Anatomy and mad Men. It's one banger after another. And then of course there's Riley Smith, who plays and Riley has been so busy and visible as an actor basically his entire life. Since he started in the business, he has not stopped in the business. He's been on TV shows like Freaks and Geeks, Frequency Proven Innocent, Raising Dad, then movies like Bring It On Not Another teen Movie, Eight Legged Freaks. But he's best known recently also True Detective, True Blood. I mean one after another. Seriously, go look at the stuff that this guy's done.
Speaker 4: It's nuts.
Speaker 1: But he is best known recently as Ryan Hudson on the TV show version of Nancy Drew. He really is no joke. One of the more successful, though maybe not household name actors we've encountered in a d com. And if that wasn't enough talent for this guy, he's also a country musician. Leave something for the rest of us, please, Riley serious. Then you've got Mary Margaret Humes is Geneva Carson, the mom, another always working actor. You know her as Gail Leary on Dawson's Creek or maybe as Marilyn Teller on the cult nineties show Eerie Indiana, but her career started all the way back in mel Brooks's History of the World Part one Awesome. And then we've got Timothy Carhart, who is the Carson Dad, who's real villain in the movie Thelma and Louise, but also appeared in action classics like The Hunt for October and Air Force One. And he is the most horrible parent in the of the World.
Speaker 4: Not Timothy Carhart, but the Carson Dad, the Carson Dad.
Speaker 1: I'm still angry. I'm ill angry. And we will get into that because oh wow. And in the Coleman Reynolds chair this week, we've got Mark Curry, who is in this film for a total of about three minutes. This is his second appearance on Magical rewind because he also played the dad in poof Point, where he did everything so well except play the guitar. Here he plays Bob Arnett, but you probably know him as a sitcom legend for the TGIF hit hanging with mister Cooper and lastly making a very very smallpearance in the film as entrant one is a very familiar face, basically as a featured background actor. It's a very young Ryan Hansen and this is his first credit ever on IMDb. He'd go down to play Dick on Veronica Mars and star in the hilarious show Party Down. This is arguably our most stacked cast yet we didn't even get into it. Is it. Catherine Ellis is at her name who plays the daughter of the guy who owns the entire thing. Yeah, she's worked all the time too, including in a very short lived sitcom on NBC called Go Fish with a young wil Ford Dell. The movie runs ah ninety two minutes, now minutes from the Target ninety two minutes, Stay on Target, Stay on Target. It was written by Ann Austin and Douglas Sloan, also the team behind Johnny Tsunami, so this was a bit of a reunion which is very cool and has gone on to be very involved in the TV versions of Barbie and Douglas works on the TV versions of DreamWorks Dragon series. So they've got us so many incredible people working on this project. Did you ever want to ride a motorcycle? You didn't, did you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: They they looked really dangerous. I feel like I hurt myself on an ATV.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like many people can do that.
Speaker 1: I don't think you gotta gotta want. Yeah, I even hurt yourself, and it depends on what you're doing. Safety first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know where I was going, and I just ride over a sand dune and just squeezed my legs and burned my inner thighs so.
Speaker 2: Bad, like right by my knees.
Speaker 1: I h oh, yeah, my god, it was awful. Yeah, awake up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably not in the morning. Not my genre.
Speaker 1: I'll stick to dancing, all right. So let's jump on the bike and get into motocrossed. We opened with some slow mode dirt bike jumps and hardcore riding intersplice with some high school cheerleading. Now this is normally where the Fastball song we were talking about. What it been, but instead we get some generic punk guitar riffs over the opposing imagery. Was the cheerleading good? You know the stuff?
Speaker 2: Okay, cheerleading was good. Okay, cheerleading was good.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Now. The biker now at regular speed and the cheerleader, for some reason, is still slowed down, but they seem pretty talented at their chosen sports. Eventually, the biker drives by his father, who clicks his stopwatch. He does not seem impressed. He says, in three weeks he'll be facing the best in his region and this just will not cut it. Soon, the cheerleader returns home with her mom. She's Andrea, the daughter of the grumpy coach and the twin brother on the bike, who is named Andrew. She jumps out of the car with a trophy. Obviously, she's very, very happy that she won. They won the cheerleading competition. She runs out of the bike track right into the way of where her twin brother is speeding by. He wipes out, falling in a rather violent way, sliding on his back. He's now covet in dirt. This is absolutely unhinged and crazy. Who runs onto the middle of a bike track. I get she's excited, but yikes.
Speaker 3: Well yet was she trying to kill him? I mean maybe was she trying to get killed herself? Like this was this was I mean captain crazy over here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say, yeah, not ready, okay, yeah, very not good. Their dad reacts kind of calmly, asking if he's okay, and then asking his daughter if they can wait till later. This is where we start to realize the dad is well a dick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a Zanni king too?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: What is it? What's a Zanni King?
Speaker 3: Like he was just on zany so many times that in the movie where you'd have like a reaction, he was so just i mean irritated and just kept keeping it together.
Speaker 2: He was like he was gonna pop off, Like he's like he's taking He's.
Speaker 1: Just like, okay, I'm just loving, loving hearing some of the lingo.
Speaker 3: That's so weird. He his reactions didn't make sense to me a lot of the times. Yes, he looked like he was going to blow up at some point and we were going to see it, but it never happens.
Speaker 1: It might be our first dcom serial killer dad who's got the bodies buried?
Speaker 4: Some way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the family runs to Andrew like he could be dead, but the crash didn't face him at all. He just gets up and starts admiring his sister's trophy. It's an insane way to start a movie, and I loved it.
Speaker 2: I was in.
Speaker 1: Andrew obviously wants to take a little break to hear about the trophy that his sister just won. But Daddy, who's the coach, who we've realized is competitive in a very bad Tiger Woods dad kind of way, will not let up. The next competition means everything to their motocross team, and he's basically like, we'll talk about this at dinner. Leave, and a sad Andrea walks away, just pretending everything's okay, looking at her trophy, feeling like a failure. Yes, we also hear we meet their second son, the youngest and by far greasiest son, Jason, who's up in the garage working on an engine and doesn't want to be interrupted from putting a new top end. Remember that phrase because it comes back a number of times on his bike. He's trying to break speed records as a mechanic. But it's dinner time, and Dad, of course wants Andrew practice every day because when he was a kid biking, his dad was also apparently an awful human being.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Later in his room, Andrew tells his sister he wishes he could have been at the competition today, which she thinks is obvious because there were thirteen hundred cheer leaders there, and what guy doesn't want to be there with thirteen hundred cheer leaders. You can tell they have a very close relationship. They get along very well. She hands him a biker magazine and says there's a great article about McGrath in it. That's when their mom interrupts. She's going with their dad to the city tomorrow, so the kids will be there alone. They're up for the task. But of course once she leaves, they have a little something up their sleeves because they laugh and they high five. That's, of course, what you do in a dcom when you're up to something, you laugh and you high five. We cut to the next day and the siblings are going to race on their home track twelve laps. Winner does the losers chores for a week. Andrea barred her brother's boots even though they're too big. Jason walks out stoked about the race, but knows their dad would be mad. That's when Andrea warns him, then just don't anything. So Jason wanted to get into the swing of things. He picks up the hose, pretending to announce, and just sprays himself in the face. He was cute. It was very fun. Now we jump right into some of the more artistic shots of bike riding.
Speaker 2: This was so cool.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you hate shots of dirt bike riding, watch another movie. You don't like surfing, don't watch Johnny Sunami. You don't like rollerblading, don't watch Brink. You don't like witches with weird powers, don't watch Twitches. Andrew easily wins, but he gives his sister a little advice and now they're ready for round two. So they're back out there. More mud more jumps, this time their neck and neck, and right at a turn, Andrew loses control of his bike and crashes through a fence. This is what I thought to myself, Hey, we're ten minutes of the movie. The kids crash twice. Maybe don't put your entire hopes for the family on this kid. He's crashed twice.
Speaker 3: At it right, literally is one of the first couple of things, is he just starting because is this start training last week and.
Speaker 2: He's got a go pro in three weeks? Like this doesn't make sense. Kid's not that good, nor does he know the discipline it takes to go to be a.
Speaker 1: Pro athlete, right every day.
Speaker 2: That's not a crazy thing for your dad to say no every day.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about motorcycle riding. Again, I did a lot of it, but I do know rule number one is you stay on the motorcycle. It's kind of the thing you have to you have to do. Although the second crash, yes, the second crash that looks way less painful than the one that his sister caused by being dumb dumb at the beginning of the movie. He has now injured his knee. At the hospital, Andrew, who's now on crutches and with his mom and dad, break the news to Andrea and Jason. He didn't break anything, but he can't race the Dad seems very mad at Andrea. And Andrew says, Dad, it wasn't her fault. She was helping out. But of course, idiot, Dad says, none of this would have happened if they weren't fooling around, and he doesn't want Andrea racing. It's too dangerous and she's just a girl. I added that part, but that's basically.
Speaker 5: What he's saying.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: Back at home, their dad is getting ready to fly to Europe to scout some riders to replace Andrew. He says that all the US riders have been signed, but Andrea argues, it's Carson racing. Shouldn't it be a Carson on the bike. He appreciates that she wants to help, but this isn't a joke.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: By the way, we've only seen her ride once and she hasn't fallen off yet Andrew and Andrew tell him that she can handle it. But their dad, who again is just lughead, says that these are pros and it's partially his fault forever letting her ride in the first place. She needs to focus on things that a fifteen year old girl should be thinking about, not bike riding. He gives some encouraging words to his son and then tells his daughter to stay away from anything with two wheels and a motor while he's gone.
Speaker 2: We are fifteen minutes into this movie, and I have had it with Dad.
Speaker 1: I don't like him.
Speaker 2: I am so excited about his trippy about it and this is.
Speaker 1: A bit about the best I'll ever Yes, well, thank god, go to Europe. Pop is awful.
Speaker 2: Else.
Speaker 1: The next day, Andrea comes running into the house screaming, holding an envelope. The family is concerned, what's wrong. Oh, it's nothing. She just got her fifth row and sink tickets. But also they got a letter that they're moving the motocross series up two weeks. The first race is now next weekend and it can't be missed or you will forfeit the whole competition. Unfortunately, they can't get a hold of their dad. He just checked out of a hotel and there are no cell phones. Baby. At this point, life was the worst. If you miss him, you miss him. By the way, this is when I started thinking the dad is clearly having an affair in Europe. Andrea fits, hey, it's what happens. Andrea feels bad that she was celebrating these tickets and their family is falling apart. Their dad quit his job to dedicate his life to motocross, which, by the way, sounds like a dad problem, not her problem. But anyway, she wants to raise for the cup and her twin believes that she can, but she'll never know for sure because she's just a quote unquote chick and the guys will do anything to beat her. Hey, she's gonna give it a shot. She grabs the bike and she pulls up to a track to practice, and a bunch of professional bikers have their cameo here. This is where you see Travis Strona, Jim McGrath. Everybody here but the douchy dudes immediately think she can't hang until she sprays them with dirt as she passes, and we get more signature motocross action shots. Then eventually, mid practice, Andrea is pushed off her bike by a guy speeding next to her and she crashes into a dirt mound. As she lays on the ground, the jerk pulls up, calls her a chick and sprays her with some dirt of her own. Man, mas are cool.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean he was just too old to be spranchicks with mud.
Speaker 4: This is not a sandboxer, Hey, man, get out of our sport girls, Now you get some mud in your eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're back in the house and Andrea is now an address and she's hiding a motocross uniform from her mom. She almost gets caught, but somehow covers it up by saying that the uniform is going to be donated to the poor, because you know, the one thing all poor people need is dirt biking uniforms. So probably not the best lie. You can come over. That night at dinner, the family still hasn't heard from their possibly cheating dad. This guy's now been gone for days and hasn't even called.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there were not cell phones, but there were phones everywhere, landlines everywhere.
Speaker 1: He hasn't called his family in days from Europe real. I'm now at this point. It started low in the house with me. I'm sitting there going, hey, has he not called? Did he not call to check in? And then as he keeps getting more dictum, the volume of my voice just started to increase and I'll.
Speaker 5: Tell you where.
Speaker 1: I then started literally screaming at the screen. Oh so yeah, they haven't still heard from the dad, who's obviously getting some Europeans strange. The mom sees a huge bruise on Andrea's arm, and her cover story is that she tripped over herself. Why did she fall on a landmine?
Speaker 2: Seriously, though, this is how I lie. I cannot lie to save myself.
Speaker 1: I'm like, gosh, I know.
Speaker 2: That my bruise is there. I should have a lie ready, But.
Speaker 3: If one you when you hit me with it, and I'm not supposed to tell you what it's supposed to be, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna be like, Oh, there is this dog and the dog was getting chased by a raccoon, and I to save the dog, and I fell like.
Speaker 2: Zebras were on a freeway.
Speaker 1: I don't know word of advice to you, Sabrina. Always keep a lie simple. So yes, the mom is now obviously on to her terrible lies. Later, Andrew helps her to cover the wound. She says she needs new boots. Andrew is now starting to doubt her ability to race with the guys. But the next day Andrew got a call from Jimmy Bottles, which must now enter the dcom name Hall of Fame up there with Johnny Tsunami and mister Fister. That still makes me giggle every time I say it. We learn later that he's named that because of his coke bottled glasses. Where do we place his name on the list, Jimmy, come on, I'm and it's it's pretty good. Jimmy Bottles is up there.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Bottles is up there.
Speaker 1: Okay, we top ten. We'll give it top ten for now. Apps we'll have to come back and actually place it. But but Jimmy Bottles is definitely up there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's as memorable as Jackal Johnson, but.
Speaker 1: Jacko Johnson or mister Fister, I don't think it's up Yeah, No, Jackal Johnson still still beats Jackal Johnson out does Jimmy Bottles, I think on the on the decom name scale. Yeah, But mister Fister, I think it still holds the really disgusting trophy. Jimmy of course owns the local bike shop, and some parts they ordered have arrived. Andrew wants to get them before their dad comes home from getting again the Euro Strange, and he still hasn't called in Where the hell is this guy? His mom decides to take him during her errands because Andrea is supposedly at the mall with her friends. We cut to a teenager in baggy skater pants, a yellow oversized hoodie, blackfly sunglasses, and a backwards cap entering Jimmy Bottles shop. This is not Andrew, is it is it? Andrea? Now, did you wear black flies or our nets? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah I had. I had black garnets. You did dead ones.
Speaker 1: I just call them douche goggles.
Speaker 2: Really, I love that that was so that was such such the fashion. I mean everyone had.
Speaker 3: You know, you went to Tilly's, which was the store that you'd go get your skater stuff. Tilly's her pack son, and that's where you would get your your cute skater stuff.
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, you were a skater girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I was a wanna be skater.
Speaker 1: You're a skater outfit girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I had the tire. I did not ride this those are dangerous.
Speaker 1: And I was a dancer. So Jimmy is surprised to see Andy. He thinks it's her twin brother, as she has predicted. He just boke to Andy on the phone about the parts, So did he just teleport there? Andrea in costume is surprised to hear this, but she plays along. She'll pick up the parts, but she also wants to chick out some boots. She does this all in her brother's voice, and this, of course sounds just like this anything.
Speaker 5: Else you need, Fie wanted to check out some boots.
Speaker 1: Can we play that one more time?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 1: Anything else you need?
Speaker 2: Fie wanted to check out some boots.
Speaker 1: Wanted to check out some bits. It's bits that wanted to check out some bits. So all the while she's checking out the bits, guess who walks in? Yep, her mom and Andrew. He's wearing the same outfit but on crutches. Which how did that happen?
Speaker 3: We go ahead, come on, come on, you know, I'm like in my Sabrina seas like, what how dode he has two of the same exact outfits because obviously you're thinking and Andrea's taking some of her brother's clothes, obviously, right, So then it was not his little brother. That's not the little brother's clothes. He's got to be the exact same outfit. No, no, yeah, how would he get it past? You know, the goggles guy, but.
Speaker 1: Exactly Jimmy bottles. Jimmy bottles. But yes, so yeah, she's checking out the new butts walks in. It's mom and Andrew wearing the same outfit but on crutches. And we get some real highjinks here with Andrea hiding and reappearing when her brother goes to the bathroom. It's going back and forth, especially when Jason and their mom walk in. Jimmy goes crazy between the bits and the parts and seeing the crutches and then not seeing the crutches. He's so freaked out. He's like, is what's going on? Who's buying these three hundred dollars boots? What is happening? And then Andrew sees something and he branches off to find Andrea hiding in a dressing room. He removes her hat to reveal a new buzz cut. She cut her long blonde hair, and she did this in real life, she cut off all her hair. Big dedication here for Malana. Would you cut off all your hair for a role?
Speaker 2: I don't think I could.
Speaker 3: I think it if it was a role that I was cutting for like medical reasons, if I had character had cancer. Sure, I think I could find the strength in doing that within the storyline, but not not for.
Speaker 2: You couldn't do it, really, No, that is such a huge part of your identity.
Speaker 3: And I thought about it too, because I do remember the shortcut, and so I'm looking, is she wearing a wig?
Speaker 2: And I go, that's not a wig? Her hair?
Speaker 3: What she was wearing before was clearly a wig long hair, but yeah, that was her hair, and I went wow, at that age too vulnerable age, she committed. But I can't imagine that was easy for her to look in the mirror all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing that I would say, and I don't normally talk like this about the young Disney stars, but she was cute as hell with the short hair too.
Speaker 2: She looks so great.
Speaker 1: She was cute.
Speaker 3: At that age, especially especially how many and on this set that a lot of the characters were men, right, and she was around I mean, she's around these celebrities, cross guys.
Speaker 2: Like and at that age.
Speaker 1: I just was like, Wow, total commitment.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't matter how many guys said you look great, I wouldn't feel that way.
Speaker 1: It was totally, really hard, total commitment.
Speaker 2: So many props to her, Yeah, so many props.
Speaker 5: Can I ask you guys a plot question. Yeah, obviously it worked out where she needed to be him at Jimmy Bottle Shop, but like, did she really need to do that or could she have just went and got boots on her own? Why did Bottles need to know it was Andy?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Maybe it was more her seeing if she could pull it off.
Speaker 5: It off right, and it worked out in the end because their parents, her mom walket right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but yes, I think it was more to see if if anyone would recognize her. But yes, it wasn't. It was more just a good intro. But you know, you're right, Yeah, it doesn't all right, Yeah, no, that's good. And the other plot question that we have is that Sabrina just mentioned the brother must have two of every outfit. Yeah that's crazy, that's great. Yeah, exactly, I own two shirts. But now Andrea is busted by Jason, but Andrew still thinks that this could work. She'll dress and act like him to race, and then they can switch back when their dad returns, if he ever does, if he even calls and he's feeling better. Andrew does not love this plan, but she argues his parents won't need to know, especially if Jason doesn't say anything. And then Jason and then just as their mom walks up, Andrea is gone. The mom is suspicious but still doesn't know what's happening. We are now back at home. Their dad still hasn't called just daze dude days where this father has not checked in on his family. Why do they not think he's dead?
Speaker 2: I don't know what I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I get that there were no cell phones, but the idea of this, I just feel like they could have made up anything.
Speaker 1: I don't know if my dad went to your I mean back in the day. It's ninety nine at this point. Yeah, we had answering machines. There's hotel room.
Speaker 2: All you need is like call the front desk.
Speaker 1: We were gone, No, we were gone. Your dad left a message today, but we were gone and we didn't get the message. We're passing back and forth, but no, this dude has not checked in on his family a single time. I'm how they don't think he's dead in some Amsterdam, you know, brothel somewhere or something. I didn't understand that.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: It drove me nuts.
Speaker 3: Drove me nuts because and I do understand, even with cell phones, when when Jordan has to travel and go somewhere in Europe, the time difference, it is hard to get on each other even when you have a cell phone.
Speaker 2: But you still can't.
Speaker 1: Figure it out. You figure that out? Yeah, Yeah. Andrea then tells her mom she's going to the city with some of her friends tomorrow morning, but the suspicion is starting to grow. Her mom wants to know about the mall trip today, did she buy anything? And when nothing adds up, her mom wants to know what's going on, Andrew says everything is fine. Again she's got a Brina liar face. She says everything is fine, but her mom knows and will eventually. She knows something's up, and she goes, I will eventually find out, which she does in the very next scene when she leans on Jason and he immediately cracks. Great little brother, arguably my favorite youngest sibling we've seen so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's not meaning to get her mom, you know the baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you go for the you go for the person who is the weakest. Length Early the next morning, Andrea back as Andrew is getting picked up for a day of riding by Jimmy Bottles because he's obviously the guy you want to hop in a car with. He's still confused by whatever happened at the shop, but he will help out and drive who he thinks is the star dirt bike rider Andrew. But just before they're ready to drive off, her mom is standing right there. The jig is up, but she very and again in a good amount of riding, she doesn't out and bust him her in front of Jimmy. Yes, so inside the house, her mom is obviously very mad, and rightfully so she's going to take Andrea to the hair salon and see if there's anything that could be done with her hair. Jason, who knows he messed up, pressures his mom to let his sister race, but she says she can't let her. Girls don't race, well, at least they don't race with the boys. But Jason love this argues that at school he's learning about women's rights and the idea that women can do anything that a man can do. If that's true, then why can't she race. His mom just doesn't want to talk about it. But it looks like that argument has actually worked and gotten to her because she's looking at the window and talking to herself that's true. She also cracks quick, which I understand why, immediately asking Andrea why she wanted to do this in the first place. Andrea says, without even thinking about it, because she can win, and that must have been the right answer, because her mom drives her straight to the first race. As they pull up some of the other racers make fun of who they think is Andrew for arriving with his mom, and then while signing up, another biker makes fun of Andrea's nail polish. So apparently they're setting it up that all real dirt bike riders are.
Speaker 3: Dicks, right, I mean, the unnecessary I think, the funny little slip of thinking, oh, I didn't think about my nail polish like that.
Speaker 1: I knew that was coming back to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally that I understand.
Speaker 3: But the scene of the THESRT bike riders like may, who else would I mean, who else would be there besides someone's parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm wtting a lot of these riders have their moms with them when they're there, and they're riding five class, they're probably fifteen sixteen po.
Speaker 3: It just was unnecessary to But the nail bullish I thought was kind of a slip of oh I don'.
Speaker 1: Which is funny. I think I thought that was a funny way of doing.
Speaker 2: It, And when they bring it back to it's like, oh, that's funny.
Speaker 1: I like that. Andrea signs up as Andy and then she meets Bob Arnest played by Mark Curry in his first drive by scene. He's from the company putting on the race, and he heard that Andrew broke his legs, so he's very interested to learn about the racer under the helmet. Andrea is obviously visibly very nervous. She's saved by a phone call, though, but it looks like Bob Barnest could be trouble, especially because all of the other bikers are very welcoming. And then, in the very natural way of storytelling, Geneva, their mom is doing her nails at the dirt bike racetrack, because that's, of course totally normal. This attracts a pretty trophy girl, Angela. She broke a nail and was wondering if the stranger could do her nails. Do you just start doing your nails at random places?
Speaker 2: This was why?
Speaker 5: Why? Why?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 3: Why have we set a nail shop up when we are trying to be incognito.
Speaker 2: Mom, Okay, we're trying to just act normal, and you're gonna set up a nail shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for all the help.
Speaker 2: Ma, Yeah, you're just bringing a lot of attention to us.
Speaker 1: Yes, thanks for keeping this on the DL for us.
Speaker 2: How did she see her nails from so far away?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 2: That's like?
Speaker 1: Yes, Angela. I have superhuman strength and superhuman sight, and I thowt your nails.
Speaker 3: No no.
Speaker 1: But we are now back on the track and it is time for the first race. But Andrew gets back ink boo, I'm back into it and I'm stuck right at the first gate. Bam. She's now way behind and needs to catch up. We get some real great race footage here again with a ton of bikers. Andrew ends up last and even gets lapped when they were to Oh, there's nothing worse. When they return to their truck, a ton of trophy girls are now waiting for manicures from Geneva. I don't even want to get into the affections that are going to happen on the racetrack when you start digging into cuticles and everything else. But she agrees basically to become a nail salon, and now she has a very long day of manicures, surrounded by dirt. Another biker. Oh, here he comes people. Dean Tallon looks on. He doesn't get it. This rookie shows up, comes in last, and every girl is surrounding him. But Dean is focused on Falan Henderson. She is the race company owner's daughter, and that spells TROO U B l E trouble and that's career suicide, my friend. Also, she does not seem interested in Dean at all, who is far more clumsy than suave and playing it just like he's this amazing dirt biker, but when it comes to girls, he just cannot get it on.
Speaker 2: And I don't buy it, for.
Speaker 1: It's like tearing though, it's so incaring, makes you just leave the guy right now.
Speaker 2: Tell me this guy just on you. This is the start of the bar being set high because he's just so sweet. He's just such a nice guy.
Speaker 1: It just shows nice guys finish first.
Speaker 2: And he's the race he just won.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't buy it. I don't fight it.
Speaker 2: Just I know both guys.
Speaker 5: I mean all the thing.
Speaker 2: Just get out of here, get out of here.
Speaker 1: Set the bar too high for Sabrino. In the day's second race, Andrea is knocked down by an aggressive driver and again comes in last. She's depressed about her results, but Dean is winning all of his two fifty cc races for Henderson Bikes and she's very impress When Andrea tries to store her bike, Dean lends a helping hand and gives some advice. He notices again the ladies love Andy, and Dean wants to hang out with this babe magnet. So Andrea leaves her mom alone to secretly read a motocross rule book. It's probably good to know the rules of the sport you're playing. Andrea gets a tour of the Henderson Rig and is impressed with this amazing, high tech kind of world. She sees what the how the other half lives. She meets the owner's daughter, Falan and guessing she's wearing Tommy Girl perfume. Uh, he knows because my sister wears it. Eventually, and I love these little the little slips that she keeps forgetting like wait, I'm a girl. Eventually she leaves, but Dean has a proposition another Disney uh you know co lab that they always have. Here's what we're gonna do. Let's see, we're gonna make a deal. We're gonna figure it out. So here is the deal for this one. It hits all the Disney tropes and it does it so well. Help him get a date with Fallon and he'll help her him become a better racer. Now she knows this will be tricky, and she thinks Dean is very cute, so she's just not into it. But I guess who finally called dead? Wow, you're alive and not dead in the ditch and Brussels.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: No, he may have found a whole new family in Europe, that's what we think, but he hasn't admit to anything. He also hasn't found a rider in Europe. Big shocker again.
Speaker 2: So why hasn't he found a writer because he's not looking for.
Speaker 1: One with his second family Johann and Johanna, who are also but also her mom didn't expose Andrea's racing to him. I don't think she also told him that everything was that the race was moved up and all that's. Oh, we'll get into that.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she's gonna let Andrea keep racing because she quit singing in a band as a kid and now regrets it. There's a great scene, why are you doing that because I was a punk rocker or all that kind of stuff. So she wants Andrea to accomplish her dreams, and she has some ideas from that rule book. And now Andrea says, ooh okay, I am gonna need some help and she decides to take Dean up on his offer. We now get a montage with that Juliana Theory song still intact. Andrea and Dean are practicing, with Dean even showing her some secret tracks and conditions, and in turn, Andrea thinks he's even cuter. She I love that scene where she's like, come on, let's go, and she before she puts her helmet out, she just like, oh, he's so cute, which is I think what every girl watching this movie thought exactly the same thing. But then they end up at a river and Dean wants to swim. He tells Andrea to take his shirt off and join him. Now this is a problem, she says. The sun messes with her skin, and he calls her such a girl. Pulls off his shirt and the sun messes, and my son, the sun messages. And then there is a dog with the sun and that same raccoon. Yeah. Yeah, So the girls get to see him with the shirt off, another d comboy with his shirt off. Did this one do it for you? No? Again? What what do you need? My god? What do you need?
Speaker 6: They're skinny, like skinny, you like skinner, don't know, he's just he was He's just skinny, skinny little guy, but so sweet and so cute.
Speaker 1: Not that I mean just waiting for one of them finally where you're like that.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna happen in a dec You're.
Speaker 1: Probably probably not, probably right, but okay, and she says the sudden messes with her skin. He calls her such a girl. She pretends to be offended and instead jumps in wearing all her gear, and we get some flirting between Andrew and Dean, and it's let's just call it progressive because even though I'm sure Disney didn't see it this way, but it seems to be a little homo erotic. I mean, I'm a little bit I got those vibes too. And again, nothing wrong with that, no, no, but it's obvious he doesn't know. They're not playing it like that, but it comes off a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I went, oh, man, this could get you know, I mean, we could really see something that we that Disney has not.
Speaker 1: Done seen you not exactly. Now we're at the hotel that everyone is staying at. Andrew pretends to bump into Falin, the owner's daughter, but accidentally gives off so much Riz it interests Phalan. She also we find out Dean like you, Sabrina. Dean is apparently not her type. Falan's probably like he's just getting We're back on the track, and Dean wants to know what Falan said, but Andrea dodges the answer, saying she look she's not right for you. He argues back, she's amazing, which she definitely is not. She's actually an awful human being. But eventually Andrea admits she's just not into him. She's looking for something different. She's looking for a guy who drives a foreign car and lives near the galleria, which was I thought a good way to describe her. Dean, who seems like such a good skinny guy, says he'll still train her, but remember again, he thinks it's Andrew, so even though this wasn't the result that he wanted, he'll still train Andrew in the bike rid in the racing. She thanks him with a hug, which Dean is very much uncomfortable with, and Fallon's dad sees this and asks his daughter if there's something weird about that new kid and his nail polish, and we have entered gay panic. Even if Fhalan doesn't seem to be interested. It's the only time they went kind of like there's something weird with that kid, like maybe he's gay, and the only time they ever mentioned anything about it. It seems strange and out of place, but kind of in keeping with that character. Then Andrea runs into Bob Arness again for another quick drive by scene. He still wants to interview Andrew, but his phone keeps rinning. He's a busy guy. This saves her from possibly getting exposed, But also, what's the worst thing that could happen with this interview? If she's convincing everyone else, why can't she convince Bob. She keeps her helmet on. I'm excited to race, I got new bits, and you go from there.
Speaker 5: I make a pitch for that.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 5: Well, I know that Mark Curry was there for about fifty five minutes total with that, but if he was there for another minute, could we have pitched one line that he says, I just started the company I used to be a private investigator. Oh see, great, see that It currently is no reason to.
Speaker 3: Be so nervous, to be so freaked out because no one actually has ever really seen her brother.
Speaker 2: Right again, he's he's new.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nervous about the people in gay Panic, right, I mean like there's other people you're more nervous about, not right from mister.
Speaker 1: Cooper, right right, exactly exactly. She just did not want to be hanging with mister Cooper. Babe, thank you very much. But we are back to the races, and Andrea has to do better to survive. More incredible racing shots, and we get some good crashing, but not from Andrea, who looks like a completely different rider after having trained with Dean a bit and comes in seventh place in pressing her mom. Later that night at the hotel, and runs into Dean, who is eating by himself and sulking. He's eating so hopefully he'll bulk up a bit for you, Sabrina. He can't stop thinking a fallon who is definitely not worth any of this. By the way, the actress that we talked about, Catherine, who plays the part she couldn't be sweeter in real life. Andrea says, she knows what it feels like to not be able to be with the person that you really like. Oh, we know she's actually talking to him about him. I love moments like that. Yes, she's talking about Dean. We're now back in her hotel room. Andrea gets to update her twin brother over the phone, so hey, wow, phones do work where they are, who tells her that their dad hasn't found anyone yet, but he's the type of guy who would just show up with somebody. She also realizes she's gonna miss the end Sync concert. Oh no, but she wants the ticket center anyway because she has an idea. This is slightly unimportant, but also her mom gets a very cool Carson racing jacket that I would buy right now if I could. I would walk around with it all day. It makes her look like she is more of an active coach, which she's doing great. She's there all the time and very supportive, which, hey, supportive parent, What is that like? Andrea? Uh? Andrea continues to do well on the track. She's improving, she's even getting praise from Dean. But to fulfill her end of the bargain, she sets up a situation where Dean can take Fallon to the n Sync concert and foun is so excited about it. It's a great scene where he's like, dude, I got you. We can figure this out. Brings her down. We all know that all the best relationships are the ones that start because of something. You have to you know, give off tickets or whatever it is, and you have to kind of if you can bribe, if you can bribe and trick a date, that's gonna go, well, you're going.
Speaker 2: You're going straight to the top marriages, just around the court.
Speaker 1: It is how I got my wife. I tricked her into thinking she loved me. But first Fallon has to change her clothes into quote, concert clothes. And so I'm gonna ask, in case you know this and I don't, is there such a thing? What are concert clothes? Sabrina?
Speaker 3: I can understand that there's another outfit you're wearing kind of you know me right now, I'm wearing a sweatshirt with matching in my little set. I wouldn't want to wear this to a concert. I want to get more dressed up. But the idea of a concert clothes being a.
Speaker 2: Thing, no, no concert clothes a little bit of a reach for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, is it like Jim? Is it like the ones?
Speaker 2: Not like gym clothes? Like it's not I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get that, but she made it sound like it's a uniform, like I gotta get in my concert clothes, my.
Speaker 2: Concert yeah right, my ansinc outfit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like there's one outfit planned, very very strange. We are back on the track again and Andrea wins her first race. She's placed third overall now and she got a trophy. This is the best possible case scenario. But then worst case scenario sinks in Dad's back and he's sitting waiting for them at the rig, and he looks mad. Since the race is over, he wants to talk about it at home. It's one of those I mean, he looks mad, but it's also like, oh, I disappointed my dad, who's been disappointing me every day of my life. I'm sorry, I'm figuring it.
Speaker 3: You would think a blow up would happen of some sort some kind of raising of the voice.
Speaker 2: And he is serial kin And yes, we will talk about this at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Makes me feel like, how bad does it get at home?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Sir, Now I'm nervous exactly.
Speaker 3: I would actually prefer you to maybe raise your voice a little bit, let some of that steam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when it goes Yeah, we'll talk about this at home. Yeah, Like yike, you mean the home where you've taken off all the doors and yeah, weird, really weird, really really weird. But Dean is excited to see the trophy and reveals the concert was a lot of fun, even if he thinks en Sync sucks, but Phalan is now digging him. Andrea then starts crying, probably about the fact that he went on a great date, but mostly it's about our curtain situation at home, which sounds very very bad. Dean says, you better suck it up, because you know, guys can't cry very strong, okay, and if the other racers see this, he could get very ugly, because again, racers are dicks. Andrea thanks Dean for all of his help, and Dean tells her you're the man as he walks away. Now, her dad is still mad back at home. He doesn't like that she lied, and even if she placed, what will happen when they find out the truth? He will be the laughing stock of the racing community, which he already should because he's the worst dad the sport has ever seen. But Andrea says, no one will find out. This is where I started going. She saved your season. Yes, you wouldn't have been able to do any of this racing that you're talking about. If somebody did not jump on the motorcycle. You're only here now because.
Speaker 2: Of her, exactly.
Speaker 1: Ahre is the gratitude, nothing, ugh, not even a hey, I appreciate what you were doing. You got us in this awesome position. I am not happy that you lied. I'm not happy with how it was done. But man, we're only here because of you, and now I'm going to crush your spirit. No, it was how dare you see this family's company?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Anyway, the parents talk it out and their mom thinks it's still a very good idea. By the way, I wanted the mom at some point to step up and not like, hey, hon, what if we'd but to be like, hey, I'm leaving your ass if you don't let this happen because we just saved the family while you were off doing god knows what in Rome, Like what the hell do?
Speaker 2: I feel like?
Speaker 3: It would have been very justified for her to see her daughter doing well and getting gaining strength from her daughter's success of going your dad was wrong about this from.
Speaker 1: The beginning beginning, Yes and put your foot.
Speaker 3: Down, mom and say you know what. He's been doing fine without you. Why don't you go back to Europe wherever you've been. It's got a cell phone. Yeah, go to the place without the phones and leave us alone, because.
Speaker 2: We'll finish this up for you. And worst about it after season.
Speaker 4: Worst decom parent that has ever been there, and way worse.
Speaker 1: But this is oh, this guy he was, I was, I was literally angry at this point. It was oh, it was so bad. So anyway, their parents talk it out. Mom thinks it's still a good idea. Andrew is just as good as any of the boys. Actually better scenes as she came in first to the last race, and if Andrew can risk himself getting hurt in the track, so can she. He might be getting it a little bit while he's eating ice cream out of the curtain. But then the next day doorbell dang dong and a Frenchman who is even worse than the dad, Renee Guartier. They might as well have called him Frenchy Frenchman, I am Renee Cartier like wow, appears at their door and Andrea thinks it's a tupperware salesman who kisses her hand, but her dad announces Renee is the new driver taking over for the team, and again, what happened to the you missed the first race thing? You can't use substitute. I don't know what's going on, but the only reason they're still there is because of Andrea, and nobody seems to care. The family is not excited about this, and Andrea says, if he kisses her hand again, there will be a WWF SmackDown in the house.
Speaker 2: That's where we find our sequel.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, I hope the sequel starts at the funeral of the dad. Andrea walks into her room to find Renee Renee Frenchie French laying in her bed, fully clothed but reading cheerleading magazine. He needs a west facing bed so the sun doesn't wake him, and her dad comes in again, catering to his every need and literally kicks her out of her own room. And even though we find out at this point that Renee Frenchie French has been kicked off of five teams for unsportsmanlike conduct, he's also asking for a ton of new parts, offending little Jason and his mechanical skills. Maybe the dad's the problem here. How has nobody seen this it's awful, even with the new roommate, Andrea, who is has been somehow well raised apparently by just the mom. Thanks her mom for everything she did. They made a great team together. The dad sees this affection from inside the house, and I think he's starting to get it, or it's just he's a robot who's starting to realize that humans have emotions and wants to know what hugs are. The next day, or as you think, Sabrina, maybe just the pills are wearing off. The next day, Renee is practicing on their home track, insulting everything he possibly can, and ends up overheating the motorcycle on purpose. This guy sucks so bad, he just sucks in French. He finds out about Andrew's racing career and tells her that her place is in the kitchen. She then sprays him with water. I was hoping she grab a knife, but instead she grabbed the water. But man, this dude needs Sleever, if I was not angry enough at the dad, they somehow ratcheted up with this dude. Yeah it is now, and I know I could call it's now another race weekend and the dad is registering Renee when Andrea, now in women's clothing, sees Dean approaching holding hands with Fhalan. She quickly puts a helmet on her brother's head and runs away, essentially saying, you need to be you, I mean her, I mean, just be yourself in a helmet. Very funny. Andrew says his knee is hurt and they got renee as a replacement, which covers that part of the story. Andrew introduces then his sister to them, and it's very uncomfortable. But Deane seems to be attracted to the short haired Andrea and says they look a lot alike. Once again, because I think Dean likes Andrew and Andrea, it's starting to get a little strange.
Speaker 5: I can make this argument. Yeah, I do think he had a crush on Andrew. I don't, okay, I don't think that that's hard to understand. I think that he was confused by it, which is the hug and all that stuff. I'm not sure whatever. I do think that there's somewhat of a bisexual.
Speaker 1: Undertra okay, and I think that no problems with that, No, But I just.
Speaker 5: I'm saying I think, yeah, I think it's progressive.
Speaker 1: I think it is too. I think it's very progressive, and I think he did have a bit of a crush. Okay, we're at race one. Renee wins, of course, by being a jerk and knocking out his closest competitor. And Andrea notices Dean is having some bike issues, so back at his rig, she goes over and offers some advice, but now as her real self as Andrea, and of course, because she knows so much about motorcycles, she nails it. He's so impressed that she knows about bike's his girlfriend knows nothing about the sport. Meanwhile, Papa Henderson is interested in Renee for some reason, and that has peaked Andrea's attention. She tells her dad that she thinks Renee is lying that he's made a deal with the rivals. Even their mom and Jason, the whole family thinks that Renee is a snake. But yet again, the world's worst d com Dad makes Andrea apologize and stand up for a stands up for everybody but his family in this movie, every single person he is. This is what I want to officially hand out the Worst dcom Parent Award. Congratulations. I hope you don't pick it. Up because I'm just gonna hit you over the head with it, over and over and over again. Eventually, their mom does convince her husband that Renee is bad, and he turns around to see Renee push Andrea during her apology.
Speaker 2: And it is a hard push.
Speaker 1: Oh he shoves, he shoves.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, he put his weight into that.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, and I get it to d com so you can't really do what you could. But if that's my daughter and I see a guy pusher, I'm going to be in jail that night. Yeah, like absolutely going to be in jail that night. So finally he comes to his senses and fires Renee Frenchy French from the team. Andrea and her dad make up with him, finally seeing how hard she's been working to save the family. He admits he always wanted a girl, which actually shocks her. He never wanted his kids to race because he got hurt and he assumed with a girl that wouldn't be a problem, but then she came along. He doesn't want to feel her pain and disappointment the way he did, but he admits Andrea and her mother are a big reason Carson Racing is a success. Duh, and now he needs her to race. They hug its time. She brings the trophy home, but Andrew already put the bike away. How will they get it ready in time? Because again the top end of that engine, which we talked about before, remember that, and then boom, enter Jason, the world's tiniest and best mechanic. He gets to finally show off his skills. It's time for the final race, and now Andrew is back in her helmet. And Andrew get up. Dean runs up. He wants to know more about Andrea, Andrew's sister. Can you ask her out? Andrew shoots back, you have a girlfriend. Dean reveals they broke up, so Andrea, as Andrew says, maybe they can come to some sort of deal. But right now it is race time because Renee injured to Henderson team member last race, he's subbed in for that team. So apparently you can just jump to other teams instantly from one race to another. Hey, there's time. I was just about to say that same thing, literally, that same thing that in baseball you can play literally on the two teams in the same game as happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so crazy.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can do that.
Speaker 3: So far, it's like, I don't even care about the rules because the movie I agree versus when we've been caught of wait, how can this be?
Speaker 2: And you know, it's like, I'm still in. I just want to see more racing. Let's just get to it.
Speaker 1: I could not agree with you more. I am in. So the final race begins. It comes down to the last leg between Renee and Andrea. They make a turn and Andrew takes a lead, passing your coach mom, who's holding up a sign that says watch the last turn. And in the last final turn and jump, Andre hits her brakes. A'lla tom cruise in top gun. I'm gonna hit the brakes and you're gonna fly right by, letting Renee swerve and crash, leaving her alone at the finish line. She has won. Dean is there to celebrate with her, but Renee, now defeated, says the trick is something at Girl with d Coincidentally, an ESPN announcer is right there and wants to know what Renee meant by that. He exposes the real Andrew Casson, who at first denies it, but eventually the family fesses up. Andrew is Andrea and Andrew is well still, Andrew Dean is offended he trusted Andrea when she was Andrew and the Henderson team wants her disqualified, but their mom says there's nothing in the roller bucks stopping her from competing, as she registered as Andy, so she never actually lied because that's her nickname. And just like that, the entire movie, with all the possible you know, issues of exposing Andrea is over. It really is solved in one minute, whole movie over. But anyway, it's not quite because Mark Curry, logging his third minute of the movie arrives and before he can announce his ruling on all of this, he's interrupted by Barbara Rawlings, the VP and family member of the company. We get a little misdirect here, thinking she's mad, but she decides to give the entire Carson team a sponsorship. Keep in mind she's also rewarding the dad who's the biggest jure let's just say jerk for ninety eight percent of this movie. We are now back at the house. They find out that with all this new sponsorship money everything, they are allowed to hire a two point fifty cc rider for their new sponsored racing team, and her mom has the perfect racer in mind. He's actually outside the house right now. She walks out to see Dean. She teases him by saying he has to try out. If he beats her on the track twelve laps, he's signed. We end with a very nineties freeze frame of the two love birds midjump. And that's the movie. And I thought to myself, Huh, the dad didn't want Renee to be even slightly distracted, but hiring her boyfriend as the team isn't going to distract her at all. Anyway, I was in. I didn't care. That was a movie and I loved every second of it. That is motocrossed everybody. Can we do some real reviews? Sabrina?
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I think I get the one star review this week and it is from once again, our friend Hu Namad. It's actually unnamed, but here we go. There was a time when I would watch Disney Channel movies like I was eating potato chips. Once you have one, you can't stop at one. But this one was more like eating potato chip that caused violent diarrhea. Wow, I disagree, And surely.
Speaker 2: You were watching a different one, thank you, sure for sure. Five stars by Greg R.
Speaker 1: My Family Race he's a pirate.
Speaker 3: It's greg Ry, Greg r Yes, yes, my family races and I want to start.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, five stars. There you go. Nothing about the film, but you got it alrighty. Like every episode we have approached Sabrina's favorite part of the show, which is the game that producer Jensen has created for us. This is We're going back a little ways here because this is hang four. It's a game we've played before that originated on Beach Movie. You'll get four terms associated with motocross. According to MX dash gear dot com. You have to guess what they stand for from a list of multiple choice options. So here we go. Number one. We heard it mentioned a bunch of times in this movie.
Speaker 3: CC.
Speaker 1: Is it a count class B center circumference C cubic centimeters or D Chase Crawford.
Speaker 2: Do you probably know this?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 1: I do know this one? Okay, C C cubic s that I'm going to agree with you that number one is C cubic centimeters.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's definitely not clearly confidenced C.
Speaker 1: It is it is a two fifty CC. Yes. The next one, I apologize for the name, but it does sound a little weirdly sexual. Number two is ditch humper. Oh, is that a a bike so beaten up? It's just for play? Be a small metal piece on the HANDLEB to protect the rider from being thrown during jumps. See a biker so bad they spend most of the race on the ground or D A move for a benning your friend name humper.
Speaker 2: I think it's B. I think it's a metal piece.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just gonna say. I'm gonna say it's A. It's A. Hey, it's a a bike so beaten up it's just for play, Okay. And now number three, which also sounds very sexual, goon riding is goon riding. A a very aggressive bully on the track. B a skilled rider purposely trying to look like a tool while riding. C biking with your arms completely extended out like Frankenstein or a zombie. Or D jumping on the back of someone you think is uneducated.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: I'll pick first because I don't know. I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say it's B. A skilled rider purposely trying to look like a tool while riding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. I'm between A and and B, but I'll go with B.
Speaker 1: Two. I think, Okay, what do you think it's b she got it fallen along along And luckily the fourth one doesn't sound sexual at all. Monkey butt is monkey butt a the act of jumping up and down in your seat while biking like an excited monkey. Be a large seat for larger riders. See your butt after you've ridden miles of trails or d the title of an upcoming Pixar film. You go first.
Speaker 2: I think it's c your but yeah, I feel like that is what I've heard.
Speaker 1: Is really tough to get used to monkey with.
Speaker 2: Just it's not comfortable.
Speaker 5: Okay, very impressive going, guys. Let's see, is this the.
Speaker 1: First time we've been four for four? No?
Speaker 2: I didn't get one. I got the second, ditch. No, and this is not the first time you're four for four? Will thanks a lot?
Speaker 1: Oh well, thank you once again, Producer Jensen for making me look awesome and Sabrina a little foolish?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Can we do Sabrina ces please?
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a couple that I'm just we just haven't covered.
Speaker 3: And I feel like we normally see or talk at least about a lot of these things. So this is the first time, and maybe I'm wrong. I could be, but I don't think so that we've seen our characters in a d com say, Grace, they.
Speaker 1: Agree, Yes they do, they pray. I thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I don't think we've seen that. I really don't.
Speaker 1: I thought the.
Speaker 2: Which is isn't bad, isn't good or bad. But it's just something that I know.
Speaker 3: You know, obviously the Disney Channel they do kind of caution behind setting themselves with any type of specific religion, you know, things like that.
Speaker 2: So that was interesting to me.
Speaker 3: The brands that we saw it now, this is very different for the Disney Channel because I mean, if you really think about it, on the Disney Channel, especially back then, no commercials.
Speaker 2: They're all like small what were they called spont in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they didn't have brand, but there were no commercials back in the day.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think it was really it was very against all of that.
Speaker 3: And then of course, you know, Will and I both know anytime you wore a shirt that had you know, a logo, I mean I Will, I had a Puma sweat outfit that I wear in the second one and they put.
Speaker 2: A paw print over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called.
Speaker 3: So they did not you were not allowed to wear you know, name clothing brands or anything. But this movie is filled with them, and rightfully so because they all really really back the the the heftiness they had behind this disney to do just go make a random motocross. They put their time and effort into making this look so real and just so authentic. So I really, I mean, we didn't talk about that at all, but that was huge to me because you're going, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's everywhere. And then the last part, I you know, I get she's the mom and she's.
Speaker 3: Kind of helping, but her cardboard things that she was writing didn't seem helpful. I mean, she's like washed for the second one when competitor can see, oh, the last turns of Doozy like let me go. So that was the last one of just that that was kind of funny. They were trying to do it, but I feel like they missed the mark a little bit. Mom had a little bit more of like like she's been really getting into the books figuring out how to coach her.
Speaker 1: So yeah, third gear, third gear or something like that, And I.
Speaker 3: Did I think my heart dropped, because again, there was not a lot of the movie that I really fully remembered, and the moment when he takes his shirt off and then I go, oh, my gosh, how's she going to handle this?
Speaker 1: How's she going to do this?
Speaker 2: How's she going to do this?
Speaker 3: So that was a moment for me that I went that was kind of funny to go through that whole thing again because I'm sure that's how I felt the first time I watched it.
Speaker 1: But that is it.
Speaker 3: Guys, just enjoyed it from top to bottom. It was like, I can't believe I wasn't more obsessed with this one back in the day.
Speaker 2: It is so good, so good.
Speaker 1: Speaking of good, how good was it? Because it's now time to rate the movie one out of ten and our options for this week one out of ten, absolutely terrible dads one out of ten. Sisters trying to kill their brother one out of ten, sacrificial buzz cuts, one out of ten. Secretly bisexual Disney storylines, oh my God, one out of ten. Replaced punk rock songs, one out of ten, dirt track nail salons, or one out of ten, quick Mark Curry paychecks. I think you should am I picking? Are you picking this week? Uh? You?
Speaker 2: I picked last week?
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm gonna go with as much as i'd love secretly bisexual Disney storylines. I think I'm gonna go with dirt track nail salons.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And I think I went first last week? So did I? I thought I did? Maybe I didn't didn't?
Speaker 2: Did you you didn't? Okay?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go first this week.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna give this a nine point five dirt track nail salons, which I think is the highest I've ever given anything. I think I've given other nine point fives or nine ten is going to be next to impossible. But this movie perfect Disney Channel movie. It reminded me again so much of the movies I loved as a kid. I bought the story. I was angry at the dad, I do everything. It was supposed to be nine point five dirt track nail salons. This was a great, great dicon.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I am gonna match your nine point five because this hit all of the emotions that I wanted to have when I was this age.
Speaker 2: You've got the cute, the cute boy, the awesome brother.
Speaker 3: We didn't even talk about how amazing her twin wastive yes, and her little brother, like the whole family besides, the dad was wonderful. I loved the family dynamic. I loved the girl power storyline that I didn't even remember.
Speaker 2: And then, of course I think Disney did it right.
Speaker 3: I mean, they nailed this one with getting the professionals that they got involved. Everything looked awesome. Nothing looked like janky in this movie. It all looks so great, and I just I was in the whole time and loved watching it for a second time.
Speaker 2: You know, we watched them. I watched them twice.
Speaker 3: Didn't feel like I wanted to rush through anything. I really wanted to just like enjoy it again.
Speaker 2: So amazing.
Speaker 3: Nine point five dirt Track, Nail Salons, however, I did hate that nails agreed, But nine point five Hanns down.
Speaker 2: It's so good, good, so good.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody so much for joining us. I hope you watched it because it was a really good movie. If you haven't seen it, go watch it. If you have seen it, go watch it again because it's really really good. Our next movie is another one from the director of Motocross and Johnny Tsunami we mentioned it earlier, and now it's time to dig into Mom's got a Date with a vampire. Oh boy, I'm so excited. And we are not off our bike yet with motocross because this week on the isolated magical rewind Feed, we've got a park Hopper episode. We've got two coming up, but the first one is going to be with Trevor O'Brien. Trevor O'Brien, of course, who played the awesome brother Andrew in Motocross. It was absolutely remarkable time talking with him. It really was incredible, and not only do we talk about this, we talked about everything he's doing right now. So here is a quick clip. So I'm reading it for the first time, having no clue that this has anything to do with Shakespeare's Fault Night, and I'm reading, and I'm reading, and then all of a sudden, ten pages into it, I break my leg and I'm like, where did I go?
Speaker 7: I'm out of the films, And as the sixteen year old who like loves motocross and getting to race and ride and do stuff like that, I was like, wait, what.
Speaker 1: The film riding with Jeremy McGrath and Trevis Struggle. So there was some disappointment, and thank you so much everybody. I will make you another promise. That is not our only interview for motocross. We were able to get somebody else that people were very very excited to speak to. So we are going to start with Trevor and go from there. That's all I'm gonna say. But for now, everybody, thank you so much for joining us. Don't forget to subscribe to our feed and you can follow us at the Magical rewind Pod on the Instagram Machine.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,