Speaker 1: Welcome into JAG's am. The preseason is done. Regular season around the corner. But we've got a hurricane on Wednesday. What do I need to know from my first hurricane?
Speaker 2: You guys, you're the weather guy. Yeah, it'll be winding rain.
Speaker 3: Okay. Should I get snacks?
Speaker 2: Yes, snacks and make sure you have coffee.
Speaker 1: Okay, John good booze, I should know. Welcome in tot Jagson, presented by Carshield or here in Hyundai Studios, Kai Nannie Stevens, Brian Sexton, John Oser, sober Sally this morning. Of course you got your coffee, but we will have our booze for the hurricane.
Speaker 3: That is a good recommendation.
Speaker 4: I do appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: I think most people around here they're already stocked up. Yeah, they know that, like from day one, as soon as you turn hey it's twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was listening on the way in and heard my buddy Mike Burush talking about it, and he said, it's you know, it's that rare storm that comes up out of the Caribbean that's going to kind of bend to the east, and it looks like it's gonna come over us. You know, during the day on Wednesday and probably still have some hurricane force wins. I mean no meteorologists, but you kind of learned to be one. We live in Florida, so listen to Burish. That's the best advice I can give you.
Speaker 1: All Right, I appreciate that start with our big things. The preseason is behind us. Finally we got that fast start we've been talking about. Doug Peterson is saying he wants to get that fast start from the offense, and other than a little hiccup from Tank, pretty good out of the gate. Is that what you were hoping to see?
Speaker 5: It was, you know, press Taylor said last week and then was followed up with the coach in the quarterback where they talked about clean, clean, clean, and man did it look clean for the first eleven plays John and they mixed in the pass and the run beautifully. That was a picture perfect drive until Bixby was a little careless.
Speaker 2: With the football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I thought it was exactly what you wanted. And I don't worry about preseason pumbls. I don't think Tank's going to be a fumbler. It struck me and it's hard to put into words, but yes, they were clean.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 4: They played with this energy and with this confidence like they expected to do what they did and what they wanted to do is I hate the phrase send a message, but that felt like they were sort of sending a message of this is what we are. And I wish I had a better way to put it than that, but there was an energy to it, there was an aggressiveness to it, and there was a confidence that every play was going to work, and it was I don't get excited about preseason, but sometimes teams start to look like they're going to be something that looked like what this team wants to be, and it was impressed to see them do that in that final warm up. So many times we've talked on these shows for years and years is about what you might see. Think they gave the Jaguars fans and inkling of what they're going to be this year.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's really the point is is what they are looked good. And that's before they've had a lot of time, I mean, think about where they could be in November. The production crew that does our television preseason broadcast is from Saint Louis and a lot of those guys used to work around the Rams, and in nineteen ninety nine, you know, they were telling us after the game they could see the greatest show on turf starting to evolve, and of course it exploded pretty early in the season. It became something special and no one was anticipating it because remember Kurt Warner was the third team quarterback who had to take over for the injured Trent Green, and it just sort of evolved into what it became. I get the sense that we could see something that's going to have a lot of people going, WHOA where did that come from.
Speaker 1: One of the things for me is, specifically I've talked about it in practice, Trevor seems to be not going to Doug as much for obviously for you know, counsel and discussing things, but not on how to run things. And when you see him running all now, it looks a little bit more like he's in control of everything that's going on, which is what you want to see out of your quarterback. I think he missed that is that that third down pass is a Jones and then they went forward and fourth down that was kind of like him being like, all right, I got this like and kind of going with it that way. And that's something you know, when you have a young quarterback, you love to see that.
Speaker 5: He said on Thursday when we met before the game, that he has a strong confidence in his command of what they're asking him to do because they have a great line of communication between Mike McCoy, Press Taylor, and Doug Peterson. They're all on the same page and he feels comfortable with it, which John is exactly what you expect one of those elite guys to be able to do, even in their third season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to talk about Trevor so much. I think what impressed me the most on Saturday was it looks like the run is going to be there for them much more. And I'm gonna say we didn't anticipate them being a good running team. I don't know if we expected to see the ETN look quite that good, quite that confident, quite that strong. At as Doug said, they were blocking, the offensive line was playing on the other side of the line of scrimmage, and when you had Bigsby to that, it just feels like there's an element with this running game. We've all talked about it, but almost as an aside and almost like, yeah, it could be good. I think the running game it's going it's not going to get the opportunity to be what the seven team was. I'm not going to compared to that because that was a team that ran its way to what twelve and four record? Yeah, eleven and five, and they had one hundred and fifty six yards a game rushing. So this is a different style team. But these two backs yea early on the game and I hate to even not mention now journ just because he looks really, really good.
Speaker 2: But those first two.
Speaker 4: It's going to be interesting to see how Doug and Press want to call these games, because I think they're going to try to figure out away bus as possible to use this run to set it up. And it's different now, by the way, different looking offense.
Speaker 5: I think the earnest is past hasty and they like hasty. Yeah, but that tells you how much they like DearS Johnson.
Speaker 1: Let's go on to big thing number two, because it's going to be about who makes the cut. We're going to talk specifically about players that we have, you know, either that may have been on the bubble that we think will get in or maybe the first guy out later. But just in general, I want to just talk about this scene because I know you guys have been around for a while. This has to be one of the teams that has retained the most players and probably the least amount of spots available from year to year, maybe just from last year, because I think when we talked to Doug, he said, you know, maybe five fish.
Speaker 5: Well, generally in a season, you'll see the roster turnover, not necessarily starters, John, but the roster. You know, about a third of the roster on a yearly basis will turn over. And that's among teams at the bottom. At the top, it's a little bit less than that. There weren't that many jobs available because they retained everybody from last year. If not everybody, right, arden Key didn't come back. There's a couple of those guys, But for the most part, this is a roster that comes back from last year with just a few jobs open.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still think you're gonna find eight, nine, ten rookies just because they're gonna keep these guys on the team. And you always have a little roster churn just because at the bottom of the roster year contracts run out and you've got guys that you know are going to replay one thing I was thinking this weekend about I'm not trying to short change the receivers on this year. We talk about how deep the receivers are, and they are deep. One reason I think they look deep is a lot of times they're catching passes from a real good quarterback now, so the whole the whole thing looks better. So guys are performing better in it. Does that makes sense?
Speaker 2: I mean it's.
Speaker 4: I think there were guys in the past who fans have dismissed and we're off the team quickly, who may have looked good in what's going on now because you're a part of something that's functioning very highly. So that was just a little thought. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean it is Manning with the offensive line, he'd lose an offensive lineman or two even and still play'd. I remember him making Charlie Jones, who was a left tackle for them. I think it was eight maybe nine, and I'm thinking, well, here's an advantage for the jag Wars to take advantage of it. They couldn't touch it because Manning was so good.
Speaker 1: Our last big thing of the day is going to be precedent because Saturday's game was cut short after an injury to Dolphins player that both coaches and player reps came in and decided they didn't want to finish out the game. I think there's eight and a half and eight change left in the fourth quarter, and that's the second preseason game this year that's been called early. The Packers and Patriots called their game after a similar injury to one of our Patriots players. And just Brian and I feel very strongly about this, just the precedent that it sets without anything written down about what they're going to do in a situation like this.
Speaker 5: Well, I have two questions, and look, I have lots of questions, and I've been thinking about this, and you and I talked about it last week a little bit, and we elected not to make it an issue because it didn't have enough local at this point. But John, would they have canceled that game if it had happened in the first quarter?
Speaker 4: Probably not.
Speaker 5: So what's the difference between the first and the fourth and how the players feel, because that was what both Doug and Mike McDaniel cited was the way that the players were reacting and they were, you know, concerned for their players, and then the second question is, well, it would they cancel.
Speaker 2: It on opening day?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, So then what's the difference between players these feelings.
Speaker 4: It's pretty season well, okay, the difference.
Speaker 2: But they didn't cite that that was the thing.
Speaker 5: They cited the fact that they were worried about their players and how their players felt well. And what I'm saying is that can't be the criteria. There has to be a plan for how this goes forward, not just two coaches, two players and the official making the decision.
Speaker 4: Well, I do think it doesn't realist to think that it you look at preseason games through a different lens anyway.
Speaker 2: I get that to a degree, but this is still precedent. No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think they would stop this game during the regular season, mainly because he had movement in his extremities and he was conscious.
Speaker 2: They stopped it on January second, on Monday Night football. For Lamar Hamlin.
Speaker 4: That was a significantly scariest thing.
Speaker 5: But you get what I'm saying, though, There's got to be something to be president of a delineation here on how you're going to do it. Because a couple of things. You've got customers who buy your tickets, fill your parking lot, your beer, your hot dogs, your sodas. Right, you've got television partners who have customers who buy the advertisements that pay the fee. And now gambling's involved in this as well. And so if you're canceling games and you're not gambling on preseason I'm assuming that we're talking about the regular season here. I guess what I'm saying is, I'd like to see the commissioner who represents the owners and the players Association, who represents the players and the networks, because they're a full partner in this, and then gambling is too. Now, I mean the league is they're in those waters.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can put gambling into this because there's a million things that affect gambling.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, but you have to understand when you're taking the money from them.
Speaker 1: Now, oh well that's a whole Well they are, they're taking their partners right, right, But they chose.
Speaker 5: To but they chose to get which is why you have to at least consider it. And what I'm saying is there needs to be a criteria of what and how If it's life threatening. DeMar Hamlin was dead, they resuscitated him. Okay, that's the criteria. But if you I'll give you a great example, and Darryl Stingley, Mike Utley, Dennis Bird, Ryan Shazier, four players from nineteen seventy eight a preseason game to December of two, twenty seventeen, who are all to some degree paralyzed. Okay, and then there's Joe Eisman, which is probably the most gruesome injury I've ever seen. You were a Redskins fan, I know you probably think the same way. On Monday Night football in nineteen eighty five, they all went back and plagued. All right, But if you're saying, this is absolutely one where we cancel, But what about this because that injury, I don't know if you've ever seen it, but it was a complex, compound fracture where the leg did this, and it was hard to watch then and it's hard to watch now. And if players are going to be disturbed by the neck, they're gonna be disturbed by that. I just want there to be some clarification. I'm going to speak at noon. I spoke yesterday and I was asked the question and I couldn't give the answer. They said, would they cancel in the regular season, and I could only say I don't think so. So I would like to see if you're going to cancel games, yeah, which I think is dangerous to do for all kinds of reasons. I'd just like to see somebody say, here's the rules.
Speaker 4: My guess is what they'll do is they'll have a hard fast rule during regular season and probably you know, I see your point. I would think they would get very close to we're just not stopping under the regular season and then during the preseason saying it can be a coach's decision, much like was made. But I do get think these two back to back incidences, the tone has clearly changed, the mood has clearly changed.
Speaker 2: So I think you're right.
Speaker 5: I think there is that to be I had a woman to me, I don't want my son to play football. Change my mind based on the last two Saturday nights. She was, if they're canceling games, then it must not be safe. Well, look, the game has never been safer. I coached youth football for ten years and I had to get certified by USA Football, which is run by some former NFL types like Bill Pollian, and it's taught heads up. There's a story this morning in the Athletic about I think it's the icis. I don't know whether it's pronounced vicious or vicious, but position specific helmets and I know the guys at right now and the things that they're doing. Player safety has never been more at the forefront, and I think that it should be right. But you still have to take into account the business side of this, and remember all the consternation about if they had had to play the Bills and the Chiefs in Atlanta in the AFC Championship game because they canceled the Bills Bengals game. You just have to have a set of criteria that everyone understands.
Speaker 1: And I think that that's what eventually will happen. I don't know if it's this year or whenever they have player meetings next.
Speaker 3: But here's the physicians.
Speaker 5: Peter King's Money Football Morning in America column is the most prominent column. It's a must read for most people in the NFL. Last week he wrote extensively about the decision in the Packers Patriots game. This week this morning, not one word was written in this column about what happened on this field. So are we now just saying, well, that's normal that what we do or are we saying, well, that's what we do in the preseason. Again, some clarification is really important for the league going forward.
Speaker 4: My guess is what will happen, and this is probably this may sound cold, but I think what they'll eventually come to the players excuse me, the player association and the league office will get together and they will say we're not stopping any more games. And it's not a matter of coldness. It's more a matter of we've looked at this, we understand and in the preseason, I think that fine. In the regular season, my guess is they will look at it and say the players will have to weigh in and say, we understand the risk involved, We're okay with moving forward no matter what. They do that when they sign their contract, right right, But let's understand, though, this is a game that is the most viewed game in America because there is risk. People they don't watch basketball like they watch the NFL. Right, and think about this. College football drives that entire scene, and the NCAA Tournament is one of the great sporting events every year, but it's all college football that drives it. Football drives television revenue, which creates salary opportunities for coaches and players. So there's risk associated with it, and if you take the risk out of the game, it's it's not nearly as popular.
Speaker 2: So you've got to take.
Speaker 5: All those into account when you're looking at the big picture here, and what I'm saying is not my game. So you all decide what you want to do, but just clarify it. Make it simple so that everybody knows.
Speaker 1: I think we'll get there eventually. Obviously, the decision is still up to the coaches and the players at this point. At least it was on Saturday and they made that decision for themselves.
Speaker 2: It's up to the owners now. The owners have to weigh in on this.
Speaker 1: When they do, we will then know coming up we're going to do highlights from Saturday's game, and then we will also talk about who's going to make this fifty three man roster.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to jags Am.
Speaker 1: You can sign up your furry friend for the Jaguars Official four Legged Fan Club for pets presented by Forever That's Animal Hospital. Or pet will receive access to exclusive merchandise, events and sweepstakes throughout the twenty twenty three season visit Jaguars dot com Slash Promotion Slash four Legged fan.
Speaker 3: Club to sign up. All right, let's get to some of the highlights.
Speaker 1: Obviously, this was the final preseason games, so we take it to see the starters for a good chunk of time. And obviously we talked about that first drive, but I, for me, I was most impressed with Trevor using different targets.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We talk about Calvin Ridley all the time. Obviously he was involved in this thing, but he's using the tight ends. John, you were talking about the running game really coming through, and I think when you have all these weapons at your disposal up more than just the wide receivers, which we talk about a lot, that makes your offense a little bit more dynamic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you better get this team in some bad down and distances, because it's a team right now that with all these weapons, if they're in first and ten second, six, which is obviously what you want to do, if they're on schedule, they're gonna be really dangerous. And again there's Tank's fun. Well, I don't expect that to be a long term issue. Actually got an email Brian, somebody saying why did they run tank outside. When he's a power runner who runs up the middle, Well, you know you're not just gonna run Tank over the middle with like like straight handoffs. Teams will figure that out. Look, they're going to be dynamic. I think what's really scary about this offense is when Bigsby's in the game or Etn's in the game. Etn doesn't mean pass around here, right. Etn runs hard for his size, and he ran with.
Speaker 2: The shoulders square to the last scrimmage. Hey, how about this.
Speaker 5: When we talked to the coaches about Luke Ferrell, they talked about how he was potentially a better blocking tight than Chris Mannherts, who was here the last two years. But you saw him on that first drive catch two balls for first downs. When Luke Ferrell is involved in the passing game, that tells you how deep you are.
Speaker 1: Doug's gonna have a lot of fun with that tight down room for sure. And then Tank Bigsby, he's a rookie. That's a learning mistake. I think we have all all the confidence in the world.
Speaker 3: Who's going to learn from that one? On this one?
Speaker 2: Learn to hold onto the ball, Yes.
Speaker 3: It might do old school, have to carry the.
Speaker 2: Guy goes guy.
Speaker 5: Bucky Brooks said it the other night, guys are coming hard after the ball, and they might not do that in college football.
Speaker 3: They might not he or it might not be used to it.
Speaker 1: One of the other things I think, obviously, the maybe highlight of the night was Calvin's catch, and that's just a tiny little flash what we're going to be able to see from him, that tow dragon catch that at first look maybe not in bounds, and then you take them there.
Speaker 4: That's a special player doing something that most human beings can't do.
Speaker 5: The line judge was right there and he waved his hands immediately. You can see him right here watching no no catch.
Speaker 4: It's wild on the replay Alvin immediately. I mean, it's impressive. The guys know he knew what he had done, he felt it. It's impressive. He's gonna even beyond that.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: The first play of the game showed what Ridley's going to be for this offense. Easy, easy twelve yard completion because the team, the opponent, knew what he could do if they played press on him. He changes a lot for this offense.
Speaker 1: I do want to mention the defense a little bit because we saw the starters on defense, and obviously Tyreek Hill did Tyreek kill things on the very first play and you're like, oh no, this is gonna be a long day, or at least a long first quarter. And they had a nice little come together moment at the goal line. I won't call it a full goal line stand, but they they kind of they got their job done there, and I Ray Robertson Harris had that tackle at one point. I think that's the next play after this where he kind of just comes in and it's close to closeeslining anybody and pulls them back around.
Speaker 3: As just a large man that he is.
Speaker 5: He's got such a large frame and he is so good inside. And most people missed the every day, every play things that he does because it's overshadowed by what's going on around him.
Speaker 2: But he is a really good player.
Speaker 3: He's a huge anchor in that line.
Speaker 4: Like I said last week, if these teams play sixty minutes, the Dolphins are gonna make plays. There's no defense in the NFL. It's gonna consistently keep Tyreek Hill from having a play or two. I thought it was impressive what the Jaguars did. They made sure that the big plays didn't turn into touchdowns. I think that's what this defense is gonna need to be there. You have touchdowns, the're gonna they're gonna give up big plays, but in big moments, which for preseason this was a big moment and they got to stop held them to a field goal. I think that's what this defense at the end of the year, if they do those kind of things, the offense is going to be so explosive that that's going to be enough from this defense.
Speaker 5: You know, people generally deride a defense that is described as bend but don't break, But that's what that is, right, I mean, that is just it's waiting, being patient, making them make mistakes and not giving up touchdowns and giving up field goals perhaps instead. But that's Ben but don't break it at worked for the Jaguars there, and with an offense like the one that he is here in twenty twenty three, you can deal with that, you can win with that.
Speaker 1: And they're also you know, taking advantage of opportunities in terms of turnovers, and we saw two of the young guys get interceptions in this game. And yes, you're Abdullah and Hallett, who's been struggling with that injury a little bit in camp, I think, but flash there another tow dragger on the sideline, as Bucky I think said, because that's what you need as well. Right, yeah, Ben, don't break and then maybe get us an extra possession here and there, and then more than likely not Trevor's Trevor Lawrence is going to get you points out of it. So when you see some stuff like that, and even Abdullah, who's probably not going to have I wouldn't think of as an interception person, but when you throw the ball right to him, he's going to get a pick. But this one was athletic right in front of the sideline. I think just any time you can create turnovers, obviously that's beneficial to your team.
Speaker 4: Well that's what his defense was last year. And you talk about Ben, but don't break. They were opportunistic and you sense that this is going to be a team. If they play seventeen games, they usually will be able to get a lead with this offense. You hate to assume things, but the percentage chances look like this is going to be a team that can get leads. Once you're a team that gets leads, and you get a couple of picks and you end the game quickly. That's their formula for being really good if they can play to it.
Speaker 5: By the way, because they were sort of ben but don't break last year and we saw that in this game last Saturday Night. Doesn't mean that with the talent that they have, they can't flip the script and be one of those attacking and go make your own play defenses.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I mean, if Josh Allen and Trayvon Walker create the pressure, if you get Devon Hamilton back and Foley and they can control the line of scrimmage. If Tyson Campbell has the kind of season in the safeties too, right, have the kind of seasons that they're capable of. I mean, they can play the other style too, But if the bend but don't break is their backup, it works pretty good.
Speaker 4: It's amazing how many picks and sacks you start getting when you're ahead ten to nothing early in the second quarter. Absolutely, and teams feel pressured to throw and they don't want to throw.
Speaker 5: Seven interceptions and I forget eight or nine sacks in the preseason, so pretty productive.
Speaker 1: Let's hope we see that positive change for the defense. If not, we also we talked about that wide receiver, that last wide receiver spot, and there was about maybe four names. I think after Saturday is probably three names, Tim Jones, Seth Williams, and Elijah Cooks because they all made plays in this game. And I know it's going to come down to special teams, but as any of either of your's decisions changed or.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll say that because that's something I think we're talking about later.
Speaker 5: On, and I'll say I think Tim Jones probably solidified it, and he was the best of the special teamers. But I think some of the catches that he made, the way he played the last two preseason games, I don't see that there's any way you take him out of the equation.
Speaker 2: And they like him a.
Speaker 1: Lot, and I think there's some factor of knowing a system that they appreciate, especially at seeing how everyone else has really excelled in the second year with Doug Peterson. He has been here, so he knows things.
Speaker 3: That does it.
Speaker 1: For our highlights from Saturday's game, coming up, we're going to talk about these roster cuts coming on Tuesday, who we think will make it, who might be the first guy out of More on that coming up after.
Speaker 3: The break moved, the freight moved the freight.
Speaker 1: Magellan Transport was voted the coolest office space in Jacksonville. You can apply online at www dot Magellanlogistics dot com. Welcome back to our Monday edition of Jagdam. We are one day before cut day and we're going to do our final edition of the fifty three. But we're going to do a little bit in an addition to that, in the sense of who's had a great training camp, great preseason, really solidified themselves as being one of the fifty three final roster, and then who is someone that is going to be on the outside looking in at the end of the day on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: All right, So my fifty third is Garrett Prince, and not because he had a tremendous impact on the field in preseason games, but because I know they like him a lot and they might not have used him in the way that they intend to use him. A talented guy had a great offseason, and so I think he makes this team. And the guy that I think is just off is Christian braswell. I think they wanted to give him an opportunity and they did to really compete to be the backup Nickel cornerback. But in the Dallas game, he had back to back penalties for illegal contact. One that was a critical play in the sense that it would have been in the regular season, where it was a first down off of a third down. Right, he did the same thing the other night, So that's a technique issue for a young player who's having to learn how to play in the National Football League. So I think he's a practice squad guy for sure, because they like him and he's a guy that they have a plan for. So I say, Prince makes it has fifty three, and Brashwell's that first guy that they can bring back up at some point when he's ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could be right.
Speaker 3: I think they like him a lot.
Speaker 4: I think they may be scared to let Braswell out there because they really like his skill set and they know teams, So I get it.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it again.
Speaker 4: You could be right. There's something about Braswell that makes me think they could be scared to do that. But's make decision. Yeah, you made decisions, So let's flash mine up because I'm drawing a blank on what I chose to. Yeah, well, yeah, I went with Caleb Johnson because of something that to make it because he's farwell special teams coach. Last week, I referred to him as a four core player, So I'd be a little surprised if he's not on the team. And he's one of those guys that when you're doing a fifty three media and fans sometimes overlook because they don't quite see, Okay, this is a guy who can play special teams and they trust him at linebacker if there are injuries. So I don't know this one for sure. That's what it feels like. I think Tim Jones to your point earlier, I originally had Tim Jones in this spot just to make the case that boy, I don't quite know what they're doing at receiver.
Speaker 2: But I'd be surprised at this.
Speaker 4: Point if it's not Tim Jones based on the trust they had in him last year and the fact that they have seen him over the course of time.
Speaker 2: Trust is so much with.
Speaker 4: Coaches in terms of when they're making those decisions.
Speaker 5: Jones is a four core special teams player. Wingered is a four core special teams player.
Speaker 4: Those guys you don't let go, especially when they've done things that you like as reserves, so they'll try, they'll try like hell to get those big receivers onto the practice squad. Yeah, the question is whether you can get a back or not. But those guys cook Are Jones in particular is a tremendous special teamer. And then Nathan Rourke, my gut says he's not on the fifty three, but does someone grab him?
Speaker 3: Did he flash enough?
Speaker 1: Or is this someone that's going to be on the practice squad.
Speaker 4: There is a tendency, and we've talked about it. You see your own players, mean, the guys that we all watch and think, wow, does the rest of the league see Nathan Roorke and say I've got to have that at the expense of something else that I've been working with. Is he that much better than the guys that are on other rosters. It's a risk, and at the same time, if Trevor ain't playing, it doesn't matter yet.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: I think he gets released and maybe picked up by somebody else. There's great storylines. I wish I had a better answer. I just don't know with Nathan lell.
Speaker 5: And I don't know what the backup situation is like on the other thirty one teams. Has someone hurt this preseason and someone desperate for a guy with an arm like this guy has and the moxie that he has in the pocket because he's a tough kid, and they say that's better than any other guy. I could get it. Even though he might not be ready to be a two. I'm better with him than someone else. I can't say that. I don't know all the other situations, but that could happen, and it.
Speaker 1: Could be a later in the year thing, because as we know, if quarterback go down and injuries come up.
Speaker 5: He'll be on someone's roster, if not as a two, as that third.
Speaker 1: For my fifty three, I went running backs because we've seen Dearness Johnson really solidify himself. I know, john you just mentioned he probably up to three out of the of the four that they're going to keep, including Jamichael Hasty and Stuve Connors unfortunately worked his way out here. But you have to be happy with the running back room that you do have because as you mentioned, those first two backs are really lighting it up. And then to think Dearnest is your third. He scored in Saturday's game as well. It's it's getting the embarrassment of riches on offense all around.
Speaker 4: Oh, Brian. They've had great running back rooms around here, so I'm not gonna say he's the best one, because when you've had one that inc it's MJD and Fred.
Speaker 2: From one to three or potentially four, it's great. Yeah, it's well.
Speaker 4: And again there was whenever you have MJD and Fred in the same backfield.
Speaker 5: Well, in ninety eight they had two first round picks, Fred Taylor or James Stewart and the third round pick in Tavian Banks, who was electric before you get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that could have been the best. But this is when you're putting a group in those conversations around here because it's been a running back team, it's been a quarterback team historically. Uh. I usually don't get excited about watching running backs, but I'm excited to watch these guys. I think Tank and Travis etn uh are going to do special things. Maybe maybe you have a nickname at some point, kuy Oh.
Speaker 3: We love a nickname.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up, we'll preview what's coming up the rest of the week, cuts tomorrow and we'll tell you what's happening. Jags fans, If you want customized jaguartch furniture for your home.
Speaker 3: Check out zipchare dot.
Speaker 1: Com to browse all customizable options. Zip Chair is furniture for fans. Jagxam presented by Carshield today are only jags am of this week because we are not going to have a show on Wednesday or Thursday.
Speaker 3: We will be back on Monday.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you're gonna be happy to be away from us.
Speaker 3: You've seen this every day for like a month. He's lying to you.
Speaker 1: And then we'll be back on Monday and regular season schedules, So we go Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, let's do it. I just want to detail the schedule for some people that cuts are at four thirty. They have to be in by four thirty on Tuesday. And then, Brian, can you explain kind of the waiver wire.
Speaker 5: Well, it's different this year because it's it's one cut, not too so that the market's going to be flooded with you know, eleven hundred players who are going to be available, So teams can't start claiming players until four thirty on Wednesday. Right, it's not instant like it has been in the past. You have there's a twenty four hour period there for them to be able to figure things out. So they've kind of slow paid it, Oh, played it this way so the teams can make it work. And then I think they have until four point thirty on Thursday, I think practice squad right, so it's a little bit different because all the teams are cutting everybody at the same time.
Speaker 1: And then we'll hear from Doug and Trent on Wednesday. As of now, per Hurricane, we'll see when we actually end up talking to them. But any surprises we're gonna see, Johnny, you think it'll be pretty straightforward.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm terrible a surprises because you don't enjoy them. Well, I'm fine with them as long as they benefit me, but I don't ever really know what people are expecting, and then we get so close to the roster that it's not surprising anymore. I don't think there'll be any big names, you know, any David Garrard getting released at Lunched kind of plays memory there, So I don't think there'll be any shockers like that.
Speaker 2: I do expect there.
Speaker 4: Will be those of us and those of the fans who have who have dug deep and sort of locked in on some guys. I think there'll be some uh you know, uh in the old days, but I would call page three stories.
Speaker 1: No surprises, let's tell you, let's hope for no big surprises. As for that, we'll be back with you for jags Am on Monday. Until then, have a great week, be safe, and we'll see soon. H