Speaker 1: Stanny G, executive producer of Covino and Rich, thank you for mo rocking with us. And if you missed anything this past week, you're gonna love this because it's some of the best moments from the past few days.
Speaker 2: And listen, man, you guys have revolutionized sports radio hours staring the way he revolutionized radio, you're doing the same thing in sports radio.
Speaker 3: That's your new open. Yeah, we got to add this guy to our open.
Speaker 1: Somebody send a zel to that, dude. Great cats, enjoy our best of the week.
Speaker 3: Rich has a football rant. He wants to go on showtime. Maholmes is going to be here giving away prizes next hour live from training camp, so stick around for that. But before you talk a little football, Rich, Danny G has an interesting point. He's the Dodgers fan, right. I think a lot of us admit we're just jealous. We're jealous they're making moves good for them, But we also admit there's no guarantee, dude, there's just not. So how great is it going to be when the Giants fall? I don't mean the San Francisco Giants, I mean the Giants the Dodgers fall, you know, because they could lose. There's no guarantee they're going to win. So, Danny G, what's your gripe or what's your angle here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a gripe. I just don't understand. As a Dodger fan and all the other Dodger fans, are we supposed to also join in on the This is ridiculous. It's the end of Baseball's ruining it. We need a salary cap? Are we supposed to pile on too? Because in the chat I'm seeing, don't justify these shenanigans, Danny G. Dodgers, All that is evil. So if the Dodgers, you know, are sitting there and they know they're going to get hate, who cares? Are they supposed to sit on their hands and be like, well, you know what, we're having issues with the starting pitching staff right now due to injuries. You know what, though, let's not make any moves because a lot of baseball fans already hate us.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can't not Yeah, what do you? Dodgers are still trying a three p They're not gonna be like, well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, we don't want to upset anyone, you know, because then imagine they go on a horrible losing streak, the way that they just got swept by the Red Sox because of the second half of their starting rotation.
Speaker 3: Now, don't don't talk about don't talk ridiculous like, oh, they're gonna fall out of one but I'm just saying one record.
Speaker 1: But what if they fell on their face because of those injuries to their starting rotation, and then what would fans say, Well, the Dodgers weren't all in on that three peat. They didn't make moves at the deadline. The Dodgers, you can't win as a fan of that team.
Speaker 3: Dodgers are ten games up in the division, they're gonna win the division, and they are one thousand. Moves don't always translate though, all right, well, maybe players don't always work out.
Speaker 4: Maybe not a lot of question mark, maybe not one thousand percent.
Speaker 3: Get the one or two seed because the Braves, the Brewers, and the Dodgers are all within two games of each other, so hey, they could be forced to play in that wildcard round, right, and then if you're forced to play the wildcard round, it's best of three, right, only two teams, Danny g I I got advice for dogs. Only only two teams get that buye am I correct in saying that, right, only two teams get the buye. The third division winner has to play in the wildcard round. So realistically, Danny, the bad way this could go bit the Dodgers is if the Braves and the Brewers finish ahead of them, and now all of a sudden, you got to play three series to get to the World Series, and.
Speaker 4: Then you know, anything could happen. But we witching so deep the glass now is like in your bullpen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's if everything, that's if all the pictures will turn healthy.
Speaker 3: If people are given Dodgers fans a hard time, you know, like Danny G said, what is he supposed to do? That's when you pull the Connor McGregor and say, you'd like to apologize to absolutely nobody, nobody, because it's not your fault that your team is kicking ass and they're making moves and they're going for three. It's not the fan with you know the advantage of Dodgers having I'll end it with this and then we'll move on to NFL. We're an NFL football zone this week. The best way to think about it, Cove, you know, is, you know, like you have to line up a series in the playoffs, like your third starter might have to start a series just based on how.
Speaker 5: It works out.
Speaker 3: No matter where the Dodgers start the rotation, it's an ace and that is a major advantage in any series anywhere. There's no like, well, we got to start the divisional round with a number three guy? You number three guys? What otani? Geez more coven On rich next. You and I sort of defined sports fans at the moment when your team's in it in baseball, you're so excited about the trade deadline today and what your team's gonna do. If you're like me, Mets fan, and your team's out of it, you're like, sersday's football, right, guys, we were turning the page. So it's very funny how depending on if your team stinks or they're awesome, where your head's at early August, because it's a turning point. Football starts this week. And speaking of which, it's football season. This guy, you're seeing him already, Patrick Mahomes, let's do it's showtime trivia.
Speaker 6: The mostly lovable Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Truth is, I want everybody to love me, not just the refs.
Speaker 7: It's time for some NFL Trivia. I'm here, I'm here, Yes, we know you're here.
Speaker 8: All right, Patrick Mahomes here to play Showtime homes Trivia.
Speaker 1: All right live from Ain't Joseph, Missouri, our broke. Patrick Mahomes joins us.
Speaker 8: Okay, hey, plegger being here from training camp. Yeah, Jerry, Western State University.
Speaker 1: I was practiced this morning.
Speaker 3: It's all right, not a whole lot to do out here, you know.
Speaker 8: I think me and the guys are going to either Applebee's or chilies later on.
Speaker 3: There's like not a whole lot going on here. But I have a big announcement to make. Okay.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: You may have seen his clip over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're joinking the little pass off your lineman, right head.
Speaker 8: Not well, it's the clip of I'm trying to throw to Andrew Armstrong, he's a new rookie receiver, and the ball hits the head of Hunter Norzad the center.
Speaker 3: I just want everybody knows it's ai. It's not even real.
Speaker 8: So okay, yeah, yeah, so believe me when when the season starts, a whole different ball game, it's.
Speaker 3: Going to be my strong arm to Armstrong.
Speaker 8: No worries. It's fake guys, fake news. All right, not even real.
Speaker 1: Glad you cleared that up. Let's make it tests. Hey, okay, twenty seven time winner Rich Davis right over there.
Speaker 3: I missed the days of when Ai men Ellen Iverson.
Speaker 1: Twenty three time champ Dan Byer, Hello, looking to win a CNR prize pack including that summer grill and apron on the studio lines the first three was our friend Nick in Maryland.
Speaker 3: Hey, Nick, Hey, by the way, Hey, Nick, how's it going? Man?
Speaker 8: Before I forget my pop said can he get one of those aprons?
Speaker 1: He's got to win one now.
Speaker 3: He was just wondering if he can get the hookup? Is what he said.
Speaker 4: Your dad wants one?
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, I'll tell you what if Nick fails in this game, all mailed NIX to your dad.
Speaker 3: Oh hold on, you know speak speaking of aprons and cooking, Patrick, are you one of the people that were secretly complaining that Taylor in Travis's wedding was a buffet Because some people are complaining about that. They're saying, I feel like it ended too early.
Speaker 8: That was another complaint that I had, you know, and uh, it was a little too pack for my liking.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all right, here are the rules for showtime Mahomes NFL Trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champ. If there's a tie, we have a tiebreaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you gotta wait till all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's get it all round one.
Speaker 8: I'm here from training camp. Patrick Mahomes very pumped about the season. It was a I am here to announce that, and okay, I wish I had some money left to sign some more receivers. Which NFL team still has the most available cap space right now? A? The forty nine ers, B the Titans or C Commanders.
Speaker 1: Nick Nick Commanders?
Speaker 3: No Rich Rich for the steal.
Speaker 4: I can imagine the Titans.
Speaker 8: No you, it's you're forty nine ers bozos seventy one point four to nine million.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: All right, nobody getting shot? Yeah no, No, nobody on the board yet. We're going around two.
Speaker 3: Hey, my name is cooler, Patrick all the way Patrick.
Speaker 8: But who is the only NFL team to have had two players on their roster at the same time named Dalvin, Dalvin A, the Cowboys, b Vikings or c the Giants.
Speaker 1: Nick, Nick.
Speaker 10: Viking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: There it is Dalvin Cook and Dalvin Tomlinson. Hey, I was wondering, Yeah, Nick, cafway to a CNR price. Back we go to Rich.
Speaker 8: Is it didn't your mom used to wear those Dalvin Klein T shirts back in the day.
Speaker 4: Funny story like Dalvin and the Chipmunks?
Speaker 3: Can I Can I tell you? I was saying funny story that I'm sure Patrick knows through Covino. My mom shows up one time to lunch and she's wearing a Galvin Klin shirt. She bought a blue leg shirt by mistake, and I'm like, does your shirt say gk on it? She's like why Ritchie and I looked and it was Galvin Kline. So love those Patrick speaking up, say hold on your for me.
Speaker 1: Nick is halfway to a price. Yeah, Nick is halfway to a price pack. We go to round three.
Speaker 8: All right, Patrick mahomes here live from training camp. What was I once quoted saying about dedication A you can't take shortcuts be Dedication and discipline both start in the film room. Or see if I was as dedicated to my team as Max Crosby is to Vegas, then i'd have an arrowhead tattooed on my neck.
Speaker 1: Nick Nick for the win.
Speaker 10: A Hey, you can't take.
Speaker 3: No shortcuts.
Speaker 1: So yeah, buddy, Nick, you do wind up winning the CNR Summer Grill and apron congratulations speech?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, victory speech, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 9: I'd like to thank everyone, my mom, my dad for these years solicit and you know, be able to operate the radio.
Speaker 1: Love the show.
Speaker 9: Where out in Ocean City for the White Maryland Tournament if you look it up, Michael Jordan is here, and props to him and hopefully he wins.
Speaker 8: There you go, Hey for shouting out family. I just want to shout out my brother and my dad for both embarrassing me all the time. And hey, Danny, remember.
Speaker 3: To hook him up with those apeks too.
Speaker 1: If you got any leftovers, tell Covino's pops that I will get an apron to him.
Speaker 3: Hey you got it? Hey you guys, you guys pumped up for some football or what? You can't wait for Thursday or what or what? I don't know, but yeah, man, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait, Hey, thank you Patrick. We'll see you later in the season.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm here. It's great to see you guys. Thank you Patrick. Hey, Patrick mahomes later. All right, it's a boys standbyers here. He's the grand poobah of last one Standing. We're gonna play later for some prizes. Oh you know what, without further delay, I totally forgot Danny G. Happy belated birthday to your son CoA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his actual birthday is tomorrow on the fifth.
Speaker 3: I uh, Kavino and I both sent you a little uh Venmo? Is that by the way, Do you need birthday cards anymore? Or you could be like I Venmo, you can you do that? Is that fair? In twenty twenty six case she's case, I get CoA a sweet birthday card, a Monopoly themed one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Sam mailed it.
Speaker 3: No, I handed Oliver. That's just said. But I have something you, Dannyge. Hold let me run it in there for you. Hold on, what do you got? Oh? Yeah for me?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's a gas mask for that Minion spart machine that CoA keeps firing all that.
Speaker 3: So knowing Rich on Fox Sports Radio and again Iowa Sam and Dan Bayer here, Danny G's opening up a gift from us to him and his son for his son's birthday, and son CoA has turned three. Yeah, it's okay for you to open it, Danny. I thought this would be something special for you based on your your day the other day. You said you took your son to his first Dodgers game.
Speaker 1: Yep, with that nice for wrapping. Oh very cool.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, So I we print it out your son holding up his Dodger's phone, faker and you and him walking into Dodger Stadium for the first time together. So cool.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: I figure that could that's definitely on the Danny g desk.
Speaker 5: At home or so.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that is going on the mantle.
Speaker 4: He's getting from that spot.
Speaker 3: Take a one shot look at it.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't look at that beautiful picture spot on the one show.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you guys. First of all, it don't sound anything like that, but I figure you don't do that. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: No, you're AIG Dodgers fan. You know enjoy buddy. You know we don't do enough of I will say, what pizza time here on Fox Sports Radio. We should bring some pizza in this because we have so many and it's the truth. Everyone look at your phone right now? How many pictures do you have in your phone? Apparently right now ten.
Speaker 4: Twenty fifty million? You know how many pictures do you have?
Speaker 1: I think I have like twenty thousand pictures dating back to twenty.
Speaker 4: Eighteen, fifty thousand items in my life.
Speaker 3: But you know what we don't do anymore, Danny, pretty much, we don't print things out and put them in the frame.
Speaker 1: I try to do that once or twice a year, using that company Shutterfly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh, you go to CBS, you go to Walgreens where or you could go to a nicer print shop. But the reality is we have all these beautiful family photos, moments that ball games are a big fight night, and they just live in your phone, which is fine, But I think every so often you got to remind yourself print a couple photos out.
Speaker 4: Think of how your mom used to do that. Photo albums and everything.
Speaker 3: Man, mostly polaroids, and they're all cracking and that film falling out of the photo albums, old photo albums, old krusty photo albums. Anyway, Happy birthday tomorrow. But they celebrated this weekend. Takoa I was on the East Coast, so I couldn't make it the Chuck E Cheese. If it was a showbiz pizza place, Danny G. I would have been there.
Speaker 1: You would have flew back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man Chuck E Cheese. Nah, but Cavino raves and I know we have a lot of East Coast affiliates show biz pizza. I've never heard someone talk more about a place, was it. I mean, I was a huge fan of the band Rock of Fire Explosion one of my first albums, but just the arcade and the pizza, it was the in my opinion original o G Chuck E Cheese and then Chuck E Cheese brought them out, but they had way better animatronics. But anyway, I digest. Now a lot of people hitting us up about conspiracy still on the live chat, which is great. Thanks for all the feedback. By the way, no one brought up show Hey O, Tany and Epe some conspiracy there? What really happened?
Speaker 4: There's still there's still some people that speculate.
Speaker 3: But the reality. The reality is like sometimes a good conspiracy has a good cover up, and Manny Muno hits us up and he says, who dares say, Babe Ruth wasn't real. That would mean the whole Sandlot story would be fake. And we know that's not true, and we know the Beast was real. But yeah, PCA said if there was a conspiracy, he digs this the fact that Babe Ruth never existed. So we're still still getting feedback on that. But let's speak of the Yankees. I thought play connected dots.
Speaker 4: For a second.
Speaker 3: La la la la, okay, good, connected dots like like your p W horn before you, Babe Ruth had two daughters. Yeah, I know, so like he pro created and then presulaarly they procreated it, I would say, because he's like such a mythical guy and what he did was like so legendary it almost seems fake. Like years from now, I could see, like one hundred years from now, I could see that being like, yeah, yeah, he probably didn't even exist. Connected dots for me, but not now. Sam, I'm with you. You just said we talked about Pete Kerr Armstrong, one of the best players in baseball. In fact, as of right now, Vegas has him as second only to show Hey Otani as far as MVP voting goes. Now, like if the season ended today, he'd have the second best hots Mets. Let him slip away superstar for the Cubs, who, by the way, are a ninety They're gonna be a ninety one team. Cubs could get dangerous in the playoffs. I want to sleep on the Cubs. We said the PCA didn't believe that Babe Ruth existed, and then you joke that The Sandlot wouldn't have been a movie. Well, Manny Moonias on our feedback again, we're chatting. You could join the live chat at Covino and rich FSR do YouTube. Did you see to tie in the Sandlot? Did you see they finally figured out the name of Travis Kelcey and Taylor Swift's dog, Not that anyone cares, but it ties Wendy Peppercorn?
Speaker 4: Is it Big Beast? Not really Wendy?
Speaker 5: When?
Speaker 3: And because of Travis loved that movie And apparently it's because they joke one of their little inside jokes is about Wendy Peppercorn. So Travis and Taylor name their dog after the sad Why do you always find a goofy way to bring up Travis and Taylor? You always find we could be talking about anything. How did I that could I connected? When it comes to statir, the league leader of Taylor Swift references. I want everybody to know I connected the dots better than my kids did on their little place mat at ihop the other morning. Who will stand alone? God Smackstyle.
Speaker 7: Live seconds to battle for your sports. Put your electronic devices down and pick your sports knowledge CNRS Last.
Speaker 3: One standing, Last one standing, All right, Last one standing.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by Express Pros.
Speaker 3: I was saying with the trigger figure over there and by the way, yeah Express one time here, let's go. Let's go working logistics. You know, nothing moves without you. Companies needs skilled people now, and Express Employment Pros can help find you contractor full time work to fits at no cost to you. Visit Expresspros dot com, Get support, get options, get to work.
Speaker 1: All right, Hopefully we have time to get three of the categories ready to go. If needed a tie break, each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or answer incorrectly, I alwa was Sam takes you out with a buzzer. You don't want to hear that. We keep battling until you are the last one standing. If you went to the rounds you're the top dog. Here are the contestants. Thirteen time winner Steve Covina, let's go right next to him, twenty time winner Rich Davis Caita, and the leader in the clubhouse.
Speaker 3: He's back.
Speaker 1: Forty eight time winner Dan byer Helay. Go to the studio lines right now. See who's playing for a summer grill and Apron prize back dB. Would you love to travel too, beautiful Reno, Nevada, Missoula, Montana, Des Moines, Iowa, Spokane, Washington, Waverley, Iowa. Or Edwards Air Force Base, Mojabbi, California.
Speaker 12: I'll tell you what, I wouldn't want to be there right now. But they're going through a tough time. So let's let's put Spokane on the map, dealing with all the fires up there. Try to put some some good in someone's day.
Speaker 1: Brett in Spokane, how are you doing, Brett?
Speaker 3: Brett? What's up?
Speaker 5: Bye?
Speaker 10: All right, Brett, We're just going through the said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, man, we're praying for you and your neighbors there in for spot fact checking is brand in right now. Be patient with him. When I say your name, the clock is going to start, all right. First Category two days away. You have five seconds to name an NFL QB who led the league in most passing yards last season. Most passing yards will take the top twenty Coveno, you're up first, Go.
Speaker 3: Stafford, Yes, yeah, of course, number one and Rich.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 11: Dak Prescott YEP number three. Buyer Aaron Rodgers number fifteen, just made it. Brett Damn Darnold YEP number five.
Speaker 1: Back to Coveno three two O.
Speaker 3: My guy, Baker Mayfield YEP number.
Speaker 1: Ten, Rich Damn three two one out of there. Buyer Josh Allen YEP number eleven. YEP good poll, Brett.
Speaker 10: Uh Jalen Hurt.
Speaker 3: YEP number sixteen.
Speaker 1: Nice Coveno.
Speaker 4: Three, Herbert YEP number nine.
Speaker 1: Fire, Caleb Williams YEP.
Speaker 3: Number seven, Brett.
Speaker 10: Oh Paton Holmes.
Speaker 3: YEP number twelve.
Speaker 1: Still made it. Coveno three two one out of there. Between dB and Brett Fire, I know what I was gonna say, and I didn't say it.
Speaker 3: Trevor Lawrence YEP number six, Brett.
Speaker 10: Oh Rs Scott said it.
Speaker 1: Dak Prescott Oh already said quickly. Yeah, there he got there. TB gets that round, all right, dB gets that round. Drake may right, Yeah, quickly. Some of the names.
Speaker 11: Bo Nicks, Yeah, Jared got Off was second, Drake may Or Phone Nicks, Gino Smith was twentieth.
Speaker 1: Just made it, Smith made the listen, all right, second category into the new age. You have five seconds to name an MLB team whose stadium opened in two thousand and one or later. There's thirteen answers on the board MLB. You said MLB stadiums that opened in two thousand and one or later, two thousand and one or all right, So Brett, we go in reverse order, starting with you right now.
Speaker 13: Go.
Speaker 10: The Mariners.
Speaker 3: Now I don't see it after ninety five, Sorry, Brett.
Speaker 1: Byer Yankees yep, Yeah, was that two thousand and nine, two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: Rich Mets yep, two thousand and nine as well.
Speaker 1: Covino three two.
Speaker 11: Pittsburgh Yes, two thousand and one, good, Buyer Lee Rangers Yes, twenty twenty, Rich three two the Nationals Yes, two thousand and eight. Covino three two one Baltimore.
Speaker 3: I forgot here.
Speaker 11: That was Buyer Padres Yes, two thousand and four, Rich three two Marl Yeah, twenty twelve. Back to back to DV Braves YEP, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Back to Rich.
Speaker 4: Three two twins Yes, two thousand.
Speaker 1: Good poll fire, Oh jeez, three thousand and one two one, Rich gets that round, Buyer and Rich on the board.
Speaker 11: Two thousand was the new Bush Stadium right, Arnold's Brewers Philly's Reds two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: Yep, Brewers just made it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when Houston had that ridiculous flag pole in the outfield, where was that hill? Yeah, but that was like yeah, longer Togo than you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, we are on a time crime. We're in a time crush. I think we should do tie break and we'll give everybody a shot. Okay, so Brett, you're in on this, dB Covino, let's do everybody. Everybody's in on this. Whoever comes closest, just buzz in with your name when you're ready. Chris A. Lava, he just received a huge extension from the Saints last week. How many yards receiving did he have last season? Chris A Lave? Yes? How many yards receiving did he have last season? Closest number wins? Think about it for a few seconds.
Speaker 12: Here, I'll say twelve thirteen, twelve thirteen for Buyer, Okay.
Speaker 3: Co I wrote down a number eight thirty two, I wrote, I wrote, I wrote, thirteen oh eight thirteen eight.
Speaker 11: Okay, Brett, I'm gonna go twelve fifty twelve fifty.
Speaker 1: You were so close, but buyer gets it at twelve thirteen. The actual retail yards one thousand and sixty three fire the closest, all right. That is Dan Bayer's forty ninth win in this game.
Speaker 3: Ah, forty nine ers. He's retiring at fifty.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Brett in Washington. You know what, because of what the Pacific Northwest is going through with the fires, we are still gonna send you a price.
Speaker 3: Pack there you got. Yeah, you did, buddy, you.
Speaker 1: Did really good in the game. So we're gonna go ahead and mail a prize to you.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 10: I appreciate it. Thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you man. I appreciation safe, appreciate you man.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: So that was fun. Thank you, Danny g great questions, last one standing. dB wins again. And hey, just reason to maybe check out the Yankees tonight because I'll be watching them. George Lombard Junior. Maybe the Yankees didn't get all the players they wanted, or you know, fix all the holes that they needed fixing. But George Lombard Junior makes his start, his debut, longtime touted shortstop Volpi and Jason Domingez got sent down options to the miners. Lombard Junior starting tonight.
Speaker 14: You're saying, there's a Lombard support there. Lombard support is happening tonight.
Speaker 3: You know, John rest in peace, John Sterling was around the jokes, Yes, would be endless, but hey, let's see what he does. Man, his first start tonight, Lombard support and scoop for the Dodgers, so that that could be a that's a big playoff. Preview lost number six. I can't roll my eyes more at Danny G at our pre show meeting him in big mic. We're saying, man, the Dodgers could go for their sixth loss in a row right now, and then, to quote Danny G, yeah, man, they would only be eight up in the division.
Speaker 1: Only Rich I forgot, Hey, I forgot what it felt like to go on a losing streak. No, I, dude, I I was feeling for Rich as I watched the loss last night, because if that's what it feels like to be a baseball fan, I forgot.
Speaker 3: School is probably really sad now.
Speaker 1: But hey, I told you a few days ago that the Dodgers were in a little bit of trouble with the pitching rotation and some of the entries, and Rich laughed at me.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh yeah, right, yeah, but look at some runs when school was on the mata. You know you had a chance to win and you lose.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rich, at what point do you get worried as far as a losing street goes how many in a.
Speaker 3: Row, It doesn't to me the losing riches mess those like twelve. It doesn't that the the number doesn't matter. It's the fact that if you look at the baseball standings right now, see, you know what I would be concerned about if I were you, If I'm a Dodgers fan, which I really should have let my kid be a Dodgers fan. Remember my son's like, I like the Mets and the Dodgers. Dad as by the way as.
Speaker 1: And then you forced them into Mets.
Speaker 3: Did is it a two run home run or is it a double home run? We might not be searching in a row show hay oh Tony, But I think what you have to worry about, Danny g if you want to just get nerdy baseball for a second. They got to be the water or two seed because the way baseball playoffs are structured is that because there's three division winners and three wildcards, that third division winner is technically a wildcard, meaning they just host the wildcard round. Only two teams get that buy. So I think the fail for the Dodgers would be is slump enough where you're not the one or two seed and you have to play a best of three, which could go anyway. That's the way the Dodgers get eliminated. Yeah, the rest of baseball should be like, man, let him be the three seed. That way they have to play like the Cubs or the Phillies or the Padres or someone in round one, best of three.
Speaker 4: Any think could happened.
Speaker 1: O Tawny stabilizes that team when he's pitching because since his last time on the mound, obviously with that knee injury, he's not been pitching for the past few weeks.
Speaker 4: Tying runs on base.
Speaker 1: Eleven the Dodgers if they drop this game. I hope they don't, but they'd be eleven and fifteen since the last time Otani picked yeh.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'd be a little worried Rich. I know it's funny, right, Oh, you're only eight games up. Ooh, I get all that. I get what you're saying, but it's cliche. However, it's true. The bigger they are, the harder the fall. This team has such high expectations that if they get into a slide, man, they're gonna fall really hard. And then the pressure starts to mount. And I wouldn't want to be part of that. Like expectations are through the roof. That's a lot of pressure to play under. So there's no garrantee, there's no guarantee. Especially the more they continue to play bad, the more it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be a bigger deal, especially when Kyle Tucker looks like Confardo out there in the outfield exactly. And by the way, I think that's the press sucker.
Speaker 3: That type of pressure, those expectations is why Antony Bolpie got sent down to the miners.
Speaker 4: I think when expectations no, it's the truth.
Speaker 3: When expectations are so high, it's almost impossible to meet them, you know, like, how do you outdo the past two Dodger seasons? How are we gonna do that? Well?
Speaker 1: You know why there needs to be a lockout now next year because of DB's Brewers, they have the best record in baseball.
Speaker 3: They are they're solid, you know, they are good.
Speaker 1: dB and the Brewers, it's all their fault.
Speaker 3: How are you gonna I'm gonna celebrate by going down that slide in left field?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 12: The slider's much better when he slid into a beer mug head Old County Stadium.
Speaker 1: Now it's just they all curly slide.
Speaker 3: Do you see the clip as years ago of the reporter that did that and like got injured, Oh David, I was like, oh my goodness. But if you look at the Dodgers record year by year, their best statistical regular seasons, they came away with really nothing one hundred and six wins, one hundred and eleven wins and one hundred wins that had nothing to show for it. The last two years ninety eight wins and ninety three wins, and right now they are on pace for ninety eight wins. They're on pace to win close to one hundred games. And even if it's hard to play baseball, when there's pressure on you and you're playing tight, you know, baseball, you have to play confident and loose. That's just how it's played. The tighter you grip the bat, the worst off you are. And I think the Dodgers, for as great as they are, have a lot of pressure on them to again win again. The team got better, but they're hurt. They're not winning the way they're supposed to. I'd be a little worried.
Speaker 1: I saw that last postseason for your Yankees. Yeah, I remember they were gripping the bat. Yeah, they were swimming too hard.
Speaker 4: That pressures.
Speaker 3: That pressure is real, So I wouldn't really I get it rich it's laughable, but if it continues, if you weren't, I would not downplay it.
Speaker 4: Hold on sixty nine and forty five.
Speaker 3: They got, they got forty.
Speaker 4: They got forty eight games left.
Speaker 1: Looks like Alex call moved over to second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a wild So anyway, it's the eighth inning Dodgers Cubs and the tying runs on sext Then you put yourself in such a great position which you could credit your early success, Danny. If the Dodgers go twenty four and twenty four, if they play five hundred baseball for the final, you know, forty eight games, they win ninety three games, and that's gonna get you in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Now, you're not going to be that one or two seed likely, but dude, you're in it.
Speaker 3: Worry about the playoffs. But again, the world, I hate to say this, Dandy, close your ears.
Speaker 1: O key k just struck out. The world has.
Speaker 3: To root for the Dodgers to be a three seed. That's the best shot for someone to take down the almighty evil Empire, the Dodgers, because.
Speaker 1: They're not the evil Empire. Stop if you they are so well, they're a likable they would be the evil if they had like really punchable faces on it.
Speaker 3: They're not evil per se, but interesting that they are quite the empire. But the root again, but think about it, Dan Byer, They're just a likable team. I'll give you that. If your Brew Crew and the Braves keep winning at their pace and the Dodgers do acquire that three seed. I know we're you know, a month and a half, two months away, But if the Dodgers don't play on par with the Bruise and the Braves and the Bravos, all of a sudden, you got to play a team like Philadelphia or the Cubs in a best of three. And that's where the Dodgers could get caught.
Speaker 1: Yes, the start of the series, the more.
Speaker 3: Likely that is. And that's you know, that's why when the NBA had five game series, that was the only time, like a lower seed had a better chance. You get hot, you get lucky, but a best of three, Danny, that's tough.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: But right now, sitting pretty yeah, you're fine. We'll see if he continues on pace to it almost one hundred games. You're fun. But speaking of baseball, you know, Dodgers are playing right now. We'll see what happens. Dan Byer's got your updates, you know, and Rich with Danny g the resident Dodgers fan, Sam is on the Ones and twos. We mentioned it at the end of yesterday's show. It's not about the Yankees, it's not about Anthony Volpi, but I do want to give you the backstory. Anthony Volpi had to replace Derek Jeter, So again it goes back to the pressure. Talk about pressure. Just like the Dodgers. I'm going for the three people. There were guys in between the d D. Gregorioases of the world, but essentially you're the next name that people. He's the next guy, you know. D D was great, but he wasn't Derek Jeter. They touted him to be one of the highest prospects since Derek Jeter, like he's the next guy. He was a local kid, grew up watching the Yankees. Everybody wanted this story. Good looking kid, loves of talent. You watch every day. So I'm not catching you off guard here. What number was Volpi wearing?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't even remember you watch I know. Yeah, I'll be honest with you. Look it up yourself, but I'll tell you this, Okay, those things don't mean as much to me as they did when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: Give me no watch as a one hundred and sixty two games a year.
Speaker 3: I really, he'll be at a five star restaurant and he'll have the Yankees game on his phone.
Speaker 4: But he doesn't realize that Anthony Volpi is.
Speaker 3: Number because he only has mattingly Jerseys number eleven. Number eleven, And I'm glad I looked it up because that meant Ben Rice is twenty two. But do you understand that giving him number eleven was an honor the same way they gave Derek Jeter number two. Because in the Yankees eye rolling history of well, the pinstripes and everyone from the imaginary Babe Ruth to Mickey Mantle to Demaggio. Those numbers are all retired. So if you get a lower single digit or like double digit number, it means they put stock in you. There's a weird time he used to be. I mean a judge is number ninety you're not giving some schlub. Well that was because that's kitchy, like he wanted ninety nine. I'm saying number lee even number they're not gonna given retire. Yeah, they're not gonna give number eleven to U their utility infield. Well it goes at the point he was touted to be the next superstar, the next Derek Jeter, the next guy. We heard about Anthony Volpi for so long because he was a New Jersey kid, a local kid, grew up watching the Yankees. He was going to be the next be all end all for the Yankees and be the starting short shortstop for years to come, like the pillar of the Yankees.
Speaker 4: Moving forward, reading this rung, he has one home run this year.
Speaker 3: I was just going to give you stats. He's only twenty five years old. Two forty one home run nineteen RBI. But again, he was hurt for a lot of the beginning of the year. Still was his fourth season. Now he had a gold Glove. His first year, he had some shining moments. But since then it's been like disappointment after disappointment with this guy, and they've done nothing but defend him and give him chances. That's the thing, give him chances. They've given him so many chances, and they've defended him so hard. Aaron Boone was putting so many awkward positions, like he's elite, what do you want for me? He's elite, he's a great player. It's like yeah, but everybody could see he's struggling. So finally at trade deadline, the day after him and Jason Domingez get sent down to get option to the minor leagues, and he was a bona fide Major leaguer. It's fourth year in the league. Back to the miners, and they bring up the next Anthony Volpi, the next Derek Cheter, the next highly touted guy that you've been hearing about for years, George Lombard Junior, which basically implies rich they're giving his job to him, like all right, he earned it. He's now our starting shortstop and we're sending vault. Hey, what do we have to lose by giving this kid a look? Right now? So I don't expect you to care, but imagine you're talking about it. No, no, no, about the Yankees. I mean, well, you can't expect someone not to care. It's about the story. I don't expect you to care about the Yankees. It's Hey, we're sending you down and we're bringing up this new dude. If you're bringing up this new dude, he's got the job because the old dude got demoted. That's really it. So George Lombard Junior makes his debut last night, told you, hey, check it out. Man, been here about this kid for years, and he was really putting the pressure on Volpi. Vopi was here in the footsteps. Not only was he feeling the pressure of New York and the expectations and living in the jeter shadows of the world, he was hearing the footsteps of this kid, George Lombard Jr. In his first game, in his first attempt at a play, he makes a ridiculous double play that Volpi would have never made. He hits a home run, and his second at bat tying the season totals of Anthony Volpi. They got okay, cool man, he puts on a show. So it was about seizing the moment. Like you can't complain if you're an Anthony Volpian life, meaning if you really got an opportunity, you just blew the chance. You had your chance, You had your chance, and you blew it. You blew. It's like, are you really Wally Pipped Billy who had the chance and you blew it? No, Wally Pip's afer a different example. Yeah, but I've heard Wally Pip a few times, Like, I want to make it clear. Volpi had a chance, he moved. Now do we hope he, you know, works it out in the minors, Maybe he learns a second base or different position, comes back. You never root for any ballplayer to fail, but it happens. Sometimes you just never meet those expectations. I don't think it's with the Yankees. I think at some point the Yankees maybe pirates or something, they'll they'll dish him somewhere.
Speaker 4: For like a middle reliever or something a need.
Speaker 3: And maybe entity Volpi has an opportunity to go somewhere else and become who you thought he might have been, but you really gotta seize the moment. It's as cliche as it gets, and this kid had so many chances. So you feel bad anytime a superstar with all his potential fails, but you also have to be realistic and say, yeah, well, you know, they had a pretty fair chance to deliver. And I feel really bad about this, But where there's crisis, there's opportunity. Right where there's failure, there's room for someone else to succeed. And that someone else is George Lombard Junior. And in his very second at bat, his second major league at is what happens. Breaking ball, swung on in a high fly ball, Oh date, bleat field.
Speaker 8: Going back, going back, done, home run for George Roun Burnton here and the parents are going nuts and sells everybody in the ballpark.
Speaker 3: Two nuping Yankees and again his kid looking the part, looking composed. I needed that Lombard support. Yeah, a Miami kid who made his debut in the bigs yesterday and is coincidentally his younger brother also made his pro debut in the miners and hit a home run too. So the parents watching the one home run of their minor league son on their phone, they look up and their big league kid hits a home.
Speaker 4: Run that was so cool, so cool, and it just goes to show.
Speaker 3: You, I mean little sidetracked from the conversation we're having because I do want to talk about seizing the moment, but I don't know if there's anything cooler in the world of sports. Well, that's kind of what I wanted to actually get to. Yeah, is there anything cooler in the world of sports? And seeing parents in the stands at any sport watching their kid get that chance, Baseball just seems to be the one you see the most just because of you know, I guess you would say the dynamic of like, you know, baseball's casual. You see the parents sitting there in the stands at a stadium. You don't get those glimpses maybe in college football when you see like the mom or dad, like Mendoza's family, But for the most part, I feel like baseball is the sport where you do get that beautiful glimpse. And a lot of times the sideline sideline, I guess, the field reporter a lot of times we'll be interviewing those parents and a lot of times something happens in the middle of that and that makes it even cooler. Yeah, I mean, I have so many thoughts about this, but again, both of their kids went yard yesterday in their debuts. I think in the NFL you get these moments most when a kid's drafted and then you see the parents show the love. But in baseball, for me, since the draft isn't really a big deal in baseball compared to the NFL and NBA, in baseball, it's usually like he's making his debut today and there's his mom and dad sitting by the first baseline.
Speaker 12: I like it when they're on the road and the player does something well and then the home fans are cheering for the road kid because they're sitting by mom and Dado. So like if it was a Mets player and they're facing the Nationals, the Nationals fans are still giving them high fives because the parents are sitting behind them.
Speaker 3: Of course. Yeah, that's that's that is a great moment. And you know, when you think about it, is the reason why baseball is more special. Could you know, because in the NBA or NFL, when does that moment happen? Draft night? Usually? Yeah, And he made his debut yesterday, and came through again, matching the totals the season totals in one game of an Anthony Volpi. And I'm reading the feedback and one guy's a total moron. So I'm not even going to address that. Vince Garcia says, the amount of pressure that Anthony Volpi was under in New York is just tremendous due to the expectations. He's trade bait at this point. You know, that's his story in itself. You don't have to be a Yankees fan to think of that person where the expectations were through the roof and they just couldn't meet him, and they just never mounted to what you thought they'd be. Well, and it's a sad story. So with the kid trade bait with his stats, I'll give you a was only twenty five.
Speaker 4: I'll give you some double bubble on some sunflower seats.
Speaker 3: I mean, at this rate, you have to imagine that they wanted to dish him somewhere during the deadline and nobody wanted him, so he got optioned. So, speaking of Yankees lore, though, I do want to mention these things, and speaking of numbers, Rich George Lombard Junior comes out and he's wearing number ninety six, and that's what they gave him, number ninety six when Jeter won Rookie of the Year. That's when they won the World Series. He hit his first home run in the same place that Derek Jeter hit his three thousand hit as a home run, and his parents were a mixed couple, very reminiscent of Doctor Jeter was one I'm not gonna lie. When I saw his parents and he's got a black dad and a white mom, I was like, very much like someone else. He really was short stop of the captain of the Yankees. But the kid had a magical night. And you think about it, it's it's such a weird juxtaposition because you got Anthony Volpi, who's you know, probably at the low point possible. So you gotta feel bad for any young guy that just doesn't make it, even though his career is not written. And then on the flip side, Thinny Molpee was not pubbed watching that, Yeah, and how do you think the teammates feel like they love this kid Volpey? But now they got a cheer for the new kid too. There's so many feelings going on this time of year. You even said one of your buddies who plays professional sports. The trade deadline and these moves that are made, they are so impactful on your life and on your mentals and everything, your mentals and your fundamentals, no doubt. So what I'm getting at is this kid made his debut and he sees the moment. Anthony Volpi could not for whatever reason, but when this happened yesterday, you couldn't help but enjoy the moment. Like you said, Rich with the parents. I think there is there anything cooler in sports. When you see the family embracing this and realizing that they're the people who drove him to practice their whole lives, I can only I can only imagine the same taught him the game and everything else. A lot of times at draft night when you see the moms and there's usually like a hot sister or a girlfriend there and people get weird, who's that? But it's usually that's the moment in basketball or football where you're like, man, it all came together.
Speaker 4: They watched their kid, and here he is drafted.
Speaker 3: Because in the NBA or NFL, if you're a high round draft pick, you're gonna play in the league the next year. Likely in Major League baseball, you get drafted, you just become part of the system, and that means really nothing, right, So when a kid makes his major league debut, that's the intro to the big show. So to me, I watched that mom and dad in the crowd was awesome in the most selfish way.
Speaker 4: And I think we all feel this way.
Speaker 3: If you got kids, you know how much effort and how much heart you put into coaching your kids, sitting in the stands watching your kids play baseball, soccer, flag football, and to know that those parents, those feelings must be overwhelming. Dude, From the time that kid was five years old hitting a ball off a tee and running to third base, bay my mistake. To now you know that that mom's probably like I've been to every high school game, every summer travel ball. I like that. It's it's probably like heart wrenching. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 15: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 3: That's right. You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 15: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Mike. It's time for his take.
Speaker 6: Let's go to microphone Assassin.
Speaker 3: It's time for Mike.
Speaker 6: Who runs this take?
Speaker 12: Who think Mike make it to be in charge of the segment, but he still doesn't run this place. He really doesn't even run this when you think about it, because this Mike can be turned off by Sam at any moment.
Speaker 16: It may be true, but Mike does get to pick the topic and then cn our offer their strong opinions on it. Consider it a warm up to midweek major Mike who rubs this take?
Speaker 3: Who? Mike Coldstone?
Speaker 5: Mike?
Speaker 3: What's up? Mike? Hello, gentlemen, how are you good to see your what's up?
Speaker 5: Mandy?
Speaker 16: Here?
Speaker 3: Get ready for my strong opinion? What'd you take?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah? All right here, get a little warm and get some warm up in Yeah. So today we are talking about relationship and or dating advice not always the same. They can be the same, but dating and being in a relationship can be two different things. So I pulled a clip that I would like to play for you a famous piece of dating advice.
Speaker 3: What's the thought?
Speaker 5: All right, listen to me.
Speaker 13: You'll pull up right where she is, right before we get out of the car. You luck both those. You get out of the car, you woke over the and bring her over to the car. You take out the key, put in the lock, open the door for and you let her get in. Then you close the doorph on. Then you walk around the back of the car. You look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over, lift up that button field so you can get in.
Speaker 17: Just like that.
Speaker 13: Listen to me, kid, if she doesn't reach over, lift up that button field so you can get in. That means she's a selfish broad and all you've seen is the tip of the iceberg.
Speaker 6: You dump, but you dump a fest.
Speaker 3: That's the dump door test from a Rockstail classic. I'm a fan of the Mario test though. Remember the Mario Test, The Mario Test, Yeah, that was from the from the moment. There was another story from the film called the Mario Test. The Mario Test is, uh, how Mary went through all that effort to find the princess and the castle and.
Speaker 1: Your friend Marios and moron.
Speaker 3: It involves driving up next to a truck and if she continues, ah mario. But yeah, the door test is a classic movie example of great love advice for sure. And by the way, I watched that movie with my daughter recently. Still holds up. It's sure better.
Speaker 5: It's a period piece, so a lot of period pieces will.
Speaker 3: Hold up bronxtail. So Mike pose the question for the millions that could possibly be listening right now.
Speaker 5: I want to hear your best advice. What like we have here on this show. We've got, you know, Dan buyers are happily married, rich, happily married. I'm happily married, and we also have people I'm happily divorced. We have happily divorced, we have happily single. He's the ambassador of the divorced. That's called that's right. It's We've got representation from all aspects of where you might be in a romantic relationship, from looking for a romantic relationship to having been in one or being in a long term one. I want to hear from you, guys, what is your best advice? What is the one thing.
Speaker 3: That maybe we're Grandpappy told you or somebody told you.
Speaker 5: What do you got to tell some else? And then I will share with you the definitive advice that everybody needs to hear went embarking upon a long term or life.
Speaker 3: You know, you made me think of while people think of their you know, their wisdom and their advice they want to give and share. Please call eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Now, maybe the coolest one will give you a summer prize pack or something. Right DANYG. Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, Call us now, I got.
Speaker 1: Got a box of the grill and aprons right here my feet.
Speaker 3: Nice. You know he made me think of because he played a bronxtail. I was one time. I was out one time with an ex girlfriend. I got to clean this up for the radio, haha. And you know we were from Jersey. I'm from Jersey. It was in the Hoboken area, I think. And I'm out there with my young girlfriend. We were all young at the time, you know, in our twenties or whatever. But she was like a big time looker, like I look like a young little boy, and I was like it with a really pretty girl. Right, why do you brag about it? Oh? This is the true story. I'm telling you why this happened. So I'm sitting there and uh, these fat Italian guys rest in peace, big pussy pastor like guys like that Bubby Bucalau. They're looking They're like, look at this guy. Look at his schlob with this this girl over here. That's basically what they're thinking. Hey, look at his guy? What is he the way? There's something was he doing? Trip?
Speaker 4: I thought that about you most girls you've been with.
Speaker 3: So they hey, you and I go me. He's like, yeah, get over here, and I'm like, I'm like a young guy, I'm not gonna say no. They pull me into the table because everyone thinks they're gangster sopranos guys New Jersey changes me by the cheek and he goes, hey, sit down, and he pinches This fat Italian guy pinches my cheek like something out of a mob movie for real, and he's like, hey, is that your girl over there? I'm like, yeah, it is like you would a girl like that, Like yeah, and he goes, you know, how you keep it?
Speaker 4: How are you gonna clean this up?
Speaker 3: This story? He pitches my cheek real hard, and then he takes his meat hooks and and puts them behind my neck and pulls me in real close, and he says something about you gotta learn how to bleezer in the bedroom something like that, something like that, you got to learn how to seem to say. We ended up breaking up like special but true story. And he said something very specific, but I'll never forget it. And I was like, man, gross, it's you know, special, more information than I needed from a random Oh dude, I'll never forget it. A good night fell as, Okay, I will take that to it.
Speaker 5: Didn't Maybe you just weren't doing it.
Speaker 3: I never came through.
Speaker 5: Maybe you just weren't doing it right.
Speaker 3: But your your best truth And all these are relations Mike. I'm specializing in relationship advice. Okay, I got five of them. Oh geez, this is a relationship expert.
Speaker 5: You don't get ahead.
Speaker 3: It says it on his business car.
Speaker 5: You know, I probably as usual hijacking my segment.
Speaker 3: Mike, I know significantly more about dating than sports. I'm very well capable doing like a relationship show.
Speaker 1: This is your podcast.
Speaker 3: Then again, you haven't been single on a long ass time. Don't you know how to keep a relationship?
Speaker 5: You pick your one or two best ones.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know. I don't know the world of app dating and all that now. But nothing dynamics between men and women and gay couples and anything. It's still the same, like nothing changes, just different paths.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: These are quickies, Mike, so I could give you all five.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: I think early on in a relationship you need to go to a comedy club with someone. You need to see what she laughs at, because if she doesn't laugh at sophomoric jokes or any type of naughty jokes, you might be If the comedian tells a naughty joke and she's like, eh, maybe she's not for you, then you might immediately be like, then we're not. Like if those type of jokes make her go, oh, then not for me.
Speaker 5: Well what if they make you go too? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, are the stand not for rich, but maybe for somebody else, right, Well, things that make you go, things that make you You got to that these football, things that make you go you gotta take a girl.
Speaker 1: Don't again cleaning everything up?
Speaker 3: Never do that again.
Speaker 1: I think we shoul dump that.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know how many people listening right now just pulled over and vomited.
Speaker 14: I just dumped out a lot of content. You tell me to dump, I'm gonna dump whether you're joking or not.
Speaker 1: Vomits all over this place.
Speaker 3: I think you have to take a girl to Teppanyaki hibachi, and when the hibachi chef goes around and he tries to see if someone wants to catch the little cut up piece of vegetable or the shrimp. If a girl's like no, I look at that, it's like you're not fun enough to be with me.
Speaker 1: Wow, It's.
Speaker 3: It's an indicator of like she's not fun. You're on a date, and Rick wants to know if she likes zucchini or that's what it is. I know, I really just want to know are you are you fun? If a girl, if anyone at the hibachi tables like if you don't like shrimp, Rich is not dating. But it's never shrimp, it's you know, it's always did I know what you're getting at?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Do they are they going to be played for? Are they gonna be fun? Are they gonna be willing to again?
Speaker 5: Match?
Speaker 1: Rich?
Speaker 3: Rich is the type of guy on vacation when they say do we have any volunteers?
Speaker 4: Rich is the guy?
Speaker 3: So you know, so motor skills. It's a matter of what's a priority to you. But these are good tests I need. I think before you take someone very seriously, you need to see all her friends, because I made the mistake once of dating a good looking girl and then seeing like she was a good looking girl amongst a posse of like models, and I would have chosen differently had seen all her friends first. That's very Always see her friends first.
Speaker 4: You might want to preface that with you were twenty something when you thought.
Speaker 3: This is hell.
Speaker 4: I mean, was twenty something. I mean, what are we doing next?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 3: I'd say that's fair because you don't want to if sure you're not in love with one of her friends exactly. Yeah, okay, don't make that decision until you know see all.
Speaker 4: Her friends first.
Speaker 3: This is riches. These are riches. I just want to make sure everybody this is all rich. I once told someone told me this once and it stuck with me. You know, people love to be like you know, marriage and relationships are really hard.
Speaker 4: I don't think they should be. I've been in hard relationships.
Speaker 3: If you're with someone that you click the right way, of course, you're gonna have your little battles and struggles. But I don't think marriage should be hard. I think marriage should be two people that are teammates, that are really really working towards a goal, and most of the time you get along. If you if you look at like your data deck, marriage is tough, why would you want to be in that. I don't think marriage should be hard. I think marriag should be. Yes, life is hard enough. Yeah, your marriage should not contribute to that. It should help the hardships that you're going through and should be able to support each other when things get difficult. You support each other. But the idea of like marriage is hard, like I don't I already have a job. I don't you know, I already have other responsibilities. My marriage would be something that brings me joy, and my wife brings me joy.
Speaker 4: So I don't think the whole marriage is hard.
Speaker 3: To deal with it.
Speaker 5: Last one, Mike.
Speaker 1: Rich has lots of I only wrote one down.
Speaker 3: Rich Rich says he has a thing on his wall, says bring me joy and bring me coffee. Woman prepared to Lucas cave you no question. Have one of your hot friends do it? Could you?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Questioned whether he's like I don't know if you prep enough, and now I prep and know what does he do? He yells at me. I didn't say anything. Mix said, you're taking over his take. Happy wife, happy life is a terrible phrase.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 3: It's just rhymes. I agree with you. It's there's a happy spouse, happy house. You need to make each other happy and make yourself happy. Sure, because the happy man. That's the plan. See that yourselfish the other way. But I'm saying I hate that. I hate that when some some old guy inevitably stands up at a wedding could have the microphone, Uncleank. Everyone in mere just want to give voice to the newly roads. Dylan. You know what they say, happy wife, happy life, no lame. I worry about her happiness, but you got to worry about yours. So Rich has a sign in his kitchen and says happy dude, make me food woman.
Speaker 5: Woman.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, Rich has that sign.
Speaker 5: Sound more like.
Speaker 3: I have a sign that says live life, love woman. I'm done.
Speaker 5: I want to hear from single guys. Sam, you got anything, Sam.
Speaker 14: I'd say them not a single first of all, but I would just say, yeah, I mean you're not married.
Speaker 3: I'm not married, but that's also not single.
Speaker 4: Yeah, technically you're you're you know, legally legally legal.
Speaker 14: Sure, I would just for me personally, like if I have to alter my behavior around someone, then they're not right for me. Like if if I just want to be myself crazy, if I feel like I'm I'm having to entertain somebody or just worry about what they're thinking and stuff like natural moments should just come to you both, and if you're both enjoying, you know, moments says they come, that's a good all in.
Speaker 5: Line with the advice I'm going to give you an in a few minutes, I was.
Speaker 3: Saying, that is a really good one because I know what I love about you Sam as a friend. I love how like when we hang and have a barbecue or something like I love when Sam is unleashed and very comfortable like in my house, like like you're authentic, and I yeah, that's so great when you could be yourself around someone and not be guarded, like I hope she doesn't judge you by blaying.
Speaker 14: You might meet someone who you're you're really into, and you're like worried that one misstep might cost you the relationship. And I don't think that's healthy. I think you you you want to be yourself, and then they they know you're comfortable and confident.
Speaker 5: To be fair, Sam, I'm not sure you know how to do anything other than be exactly who you are.
Speaker 3: So and that wasn't always the case with me.
Speaker 1: I had to come at two years to kind of come out of my shelf.
Speaker 5: Danny, g what you got?
Speaker 1: I would say for dating advice, I'll put it in sports terms. When you're first hanging out with a little hotty, don't play press coverage, like play zone way off the ball, like be confident, show interest, and be thoughtful at all that, But don't put too much pressure on the person you want to get with, because if you think about all the other guys who are way too much in our kool aid, you'll stand out by being more relaxed.
Speaker 5: You gotta let her come to you.
Speaker 14: Yes, And I feel like that that applies though to especially people dating today, because you GE's so easily to get easy to like get ghosted from maybe being a little bit overbearing.
Speaker 3: But the opposite applies. What did the opposite apply? Also? Where remember when we were youngsters, if you were dating in high school and college in the nineties and two thousands.
Speaker 4: Remember the movie Swingers, Like the three day rule.
Speaker 3: If you wait three days to hit up someone, now they're on to like the next person.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about it ignoring somebody change.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised Rich didn't say this one because it is Fox Sports Radio and we say it all the time. You got to date someone like a full calendar year to see how their habits change, Like, oh, can they put up with your your football habits? You know when you're in front of the TV for six months straight? Like that's one thing I said that when we were on the East Coast, I would say, like, you need to know how they I hate to use the words summer as a verb, but like, are they the girl that's like I'm in a beach club every week and I'm going to the Hampton's Jersey Shore, Like what's your summer like? And in the fall? Are you cool that every Saturday and Sunday? Like Covino said, are you cool that? Like we're sort of locked into football?
Speaker 5: Like right?
Speaker 3: You know? Yeah, like you don't. If you're a big time sports lover, it's part of your deal or into whatever recreation it is. And they're not that's a bit of a conflict something you should know. And as a guy that's been through a divorce and I'm not bitter, I'm better. I'd like to say that good therapy talk. Yes, two things that stand out. You gotta make sure they vibe with your family. Number one and again that could change, so there's no guarantee, but it's important because that could be sticky icky. And how did they fight? Did they move on and apologize? And by guns or bygones? And they say terribly mean things really good Like if you see that they could fly off the handle and say mean things that you see they really are. Yeah, like that's kind of hard in move past. That's really goes on. Damn byer you got anything?
Speaker 12: Yeah, just don't date crazy crazy.
Speaker 5: That might be the most succinct and advice.
Speaker 3: Maybe people may think it's fun and exciting at first. Yeah, I've been there for sure. Yeah I'm not pointing, I'm not pointing fingers. But there's someone I know, yeah, very closely for twenty plus years that I think sometimes confused like crazy with like exciting and the passions.
Speaker 4: Like I'll tell you the girl I do might have kids.
Speaker 3: Podcast with the Call she openly talks about how her and her husband she seems like a real pain in the ass, Like she'll fight about something and like two days later she's like, I'm still mad at him about that. Thank god, my wife. I'm sure your short term memory. Like, hey, I always say, like, we have two kids, we have work, we have things going on. I don't have time to keep a silly fight. Yeah yeah, like I guess what. I'm sorry you over it. I'm over it. Like if it's a real problem, will address it. But like silly things to be mad at for days at a time. The best piece of dating or relationship advice you've ever been given, Mike.
Speaker 5: What do you got? I am? I am going to give you the definitive and it is a very specific piece of advice, and it does incorporate a lot of the stuff that you guys are talking about. I think the biggest issue most people have in a relationship is the incessant need to please the other person, to put your best foot forward, which means you never find out what where their freakery is right, because it's not about whether they are a freak or they're not a freak. We're all freaks. We're all weirdos in our own special way. What you need to do is find out what that weirdoness is, what's that freakery is, to see if you're compatible.
Speaker 3: In the screen.
Speaker 4: It's not whether you're my fly match her fly exactly.
Speaker 5: So so my advice is, go to Vegas, go to Atlantic City, Go somewhere where there's going to be excessive partying going on. You are going to lose your inhibitions, you are going to say the stupid crap it's all going to come out in Vegas, right, Atlantic City, whatever it did.
Speaker 1: Don't go to Atlantic City. That place is awful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you got you have a good point. But the whole, the whole idea is to get past the best foot forward stage and find the reality and and learn if you if that's something you can handle? Is that something you're gonna be able to deal with? Do you like Steve was saying earlier, how do how do you fight? Do you can you can you actually have a fight and get over it and get past it? Or are you just are they just.
Speaker 3: Mean just mean? Yeah? And you know what, before we get to the feedback, it's about advice, right, I think you have to be receptive to advice and taking advice, uh and and constantly working to be better in relationships. And not to tie it back to sports, but we were talking about Anthony Vaalpi before. One of the biggest criticisms was that he never reached out or got any advice from Derek Cheeter none. And I've seen interviews with Cheeter where he's like, yeah, Volpi has never reached out. He's like, yeah, no, I don't really know him that well. Like, you have a guide that could give you so much advice on how to succeed in New York, and you never took advice from the guy. So you got to look at people who are doing it right. You know, Mike, how long have you been married now?
Speaker 5: Twenty six years?
Speaker 3: You know my parents have been married fifty years, and you got to listen to the things they say, be willing to be receptive to that advice. Rich has been in a happy marriage now for man? How many years now, Rich fifteen fifteen years. So the best relationship advice you've ever been given? Your phone calls. We'll take a few now right there, you get a fire quickly. Here Brendan in Missouri, what's your advice, Bud?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's from my rest in peace, my grandpa Art. I think it works for a lot of things. But we were talking about my girlfriend a long time ago. At the time his advice was always never change horses midstream. That's what he always told me.
Speaker 3: Okay, never change horses midst mid stream.
Speaker 1: I'm going to research though.
Speaker 14: I believe that's what George W. Bush said, like, don't don't elect John Carrey. You don't want to change horse midstreet. OA, just re elect me.
Speaker 3: No disrespect to Art.
Speaker 1: Grass is not always greener. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think what he's saying is finished the relationship, You're start a new one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what. Sound advice, That's what it means, sound advice. Appreciate it all right.
Speaker 1: Brandon in Alaska?
Speaker 3: Hey Brandon, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: So Hey a longtime listener, first time caller. Thanks love your show, authentic entertaining Grace spin on sports Radio.
Speaker 10: You guys are the best.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Thanks man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for the opportunity. Hey, quicking easy. I don't sweat the petty stuff. Only pet the sweaty stuff. Don't don't take it all too serious. Be happy, make your partner happy, Live on life is good boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know Rich always says something too.
Speaker 1: I feel like we should mail a grilling apron out to Alaska.
Speaker 3: Love it, I love it, hang on the line brand to go along with that. Rich often, don't you have a rule, Rich where you never go to bed angry? Yeah, that one of your one of your rules. I'm going to get a plaque made pet the sweaty stuff you should put you off. Don't say that one more time to dump that.
Speaker 1: One last quick call here before we get to midwek Major Doug in New York.
Speaker 3: Dougie, Doug, what's up?
Speaker 10: Hey, guys? Love this show, Thank you for having me on.
Speaker 3: Thanks man.
Speaker 17: I actually got engaged in Atlantic City, so.
Speaker 6: I take a little resentment on that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we're eight months strong, so I'm with that congratulation.
Speaker 9: I dated previously and we would go out and we would at the bar, be at the bar, and they would play like juvenile or baby got back, and my girlfriend at the time would run out to the dance wor like she just got selected in the prices right, And the first time I was like, Holy Lord, And then she did it second time, third time she was wanting everyone's.
Speaker 17: Attention for that song. And I knew then we were not going to make it.
Speaker 3: Thank you. There you go. Sometimes someone else wants if you want the attention of others, so much interesting again. Worldwide Web started this day in ninety one. But early computer days, I never rooted harder intended for my buddy. This is like greade school days. He had a Commodore sixty four, Like this is pre internet though, and you'd be sitting there in your grade school sweatpants like a pilgrim with the socks pulled up real high, and he'd be playing Commodore sixty four strip poker, and dude, I'd be rooting for him to win so bad because you get some pixelated you know, nudity, and you're like, yeah, buddy, And Mike said he used to play that all the time. Dude, you know what I was like, my buddy had that, I would, I'd be so like, yeah, come on, let's go. So the early games, the early websites now on that same note, cause all these great things are usually used for evil and perversion. I used to play a game this is now, this is Worldwide Web days. Okay, this is late nineteen hundreds, early two thousands. There was a game I bring this up all the time, Rich, so you know this. I know this. There was a website called the romp dot com dot com right, and there was like an interactive choose your own adventures. I love that site, man. So my friends would be sending me like links to like rotten dot com and banged Up dot com. I'd be on the romp dot com right because there was a game on there and it was called Jake's Booty Call.
Speaker 4: And on this game, you remember, right, right, Jake's Boy Call.
Speaker 3: So Jake was this guy and he had spiky hair, and Jake would be at like a club and the nineteen hundred is like, all right, Jake sees a hot blonde to the left and a hot brunette on the right, and you have to make the call for Jake, and depending on the moves you make is whether or not you get the booty at the end of the night. Called Jake's Booty Call. And it was so much fun. It was one of my first favorite games that I played when internet became a thing and readily available and accessible to us in the late nineteen hundreds early two thousands. So on this day, what are those early games and early websites? Remember when we started our show. Fark dot com is where we would go and get to do all our prep. Yeah, farc was a big one.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a website that consolidated all the main headlines.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from all the websites. I remember we would ask Jeeves. Yeah, poor guy, no one's asking him anything anymore. So what are those memories for you? I got one because kids, unless they go into the way back machine online, they'll never see this stuff.
Speaker 5: I got one.
Speaker 3: And it's really interesting because during the break, unintentionally, subconsciously, you said something to me and it hit Sure. You said, Netflix just announced this is wild. Yeah, Netflix just made an announced. Yo, you know what you're gonna like this, Ryan, because you're a big gamer. GTA six gameplay will be exclusively shown on Netflix for six hours, so they're gonna give you an extended look. You get to watch gameplay of the longly anticipated GTA system in late August August twenty seventh. Interestingly enough, I remember my college roommate had a sweet computer setup and he was into gaming on his computer. This is I said, like ninety eight ninety nine freshman in college, and my roommate introduced me to the original do you remember the first ever Grand Theft Auto, like the first ever, like the graphics like now it's like a you know, it looks like like a movie, but back then it was not complex at all. It was actually so a week but it was awesome. You look up the original graphics and you'll be shocked to be like, oh, that's right, that's what the original GTA looked like. And I remember thinking like, yeah, this is really cool. So I remember that was long. It's a couple of long hell of a long way.
Speaker 1: So oh that is wild?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Do you remember that when you look at it?
Speaker 1: Right, it's two D graphics?
Speaker 3: So what games were you playing? What websites were you going to? What were your go tos? Think about that because how often do you even go to what you remember the it was like the overhead? Can you remember the like that look that GTA? Yeah, yeah, I do remember that. Let's go to the phones and say what's up? Yeah, lower we get super Interaction Active and the best call Danny Gill decide he'll hook you up with a summer prize pack of a Cavino owner, rich Apron and koozies and some fun stuff.
Speaker 1: It's a grill and apron that way when you're a man in the grill, that's right. You can have CNRS faces yeah, junk gazing.
Speaker 3: Junk level, that's right, and you could be the man. So eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, who we Got Danny?
Speaker 1: Let's start nail Passo with Jared the Passo?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 3: Jared?
Speaker 19: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 5: Am So?
Speaker 19: My memories of the Internet back in the nineties was a dial up sound of an annoying sound that you would get whenever you were trying to log in fill my go to websites where the AOL chat rooms, no doubt, wait to get home from high school. I could not wait to get home from high school so I could hop into the chat rooms.
Speaker 3: Dude, it would be asl age sex location. Let's chat it up. Who could you, you know, have a conversation with? Who could you finagle over your place late at night? Cavino was hunted by that door closing sound effect. How many people just dissed them? But he's right.
Speaker 1: Do you know Big Mike still uses his AOL emails?
Speaker 3: Betty?
Speaker 1: I bet he?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet he still pays too. I remember, I remember the revelation that I went over my mom's bills with her. I'm sure a lot of people as their parents get older, like AOL was the real what he paid for it. I went over my mom's bills and I'm like, you're still paying for my mom was paying for AOL within the last decade.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I saw some comedian do a bit recently. I'll try to give him props later, but he was something saying something on wisely, how did they put the Internet on CD back in the day? How did they do that? You do put the Internet on CD? Let me tell them the miracle was online. Let me tell an embarrassing story. I'll call it my brother. He deserves U some love and fun make fun of. Once in a while, I was away at college and I get a call from my mom. Ritchie, Yeah, what's uping, mom? The computer is not working.
Speaker 5: It's like our first home computer, like a big gas computer.
Speaker 3: You know you bought that, Remember I one had that same like nineteen nineties computer desk and like all the shelves to the left in the right, like it was like the same, the same exact exit desk.
Speaker 5: We all had.
Speaker 4: And then I had a Hewlett Packard probably actually forget.
Speaker 1: The bottom of it had a layer of dust.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom calls me, like, computers not working, Richie, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: And at the time the move was called the Geek Squad.
Speaker 3: It best by remember like they had like nerds on standby that would didn't you just have him saved in your phone as the squad because you were you were down with him, that rich party. So the goon Squad, geek squad, coon squad comes over the house and sells out my brother. You know what the goon Squad is. I feel like if we made a movie, like, we didn't have the rights for the Geek Squad, so we called it the goon Squad. My my mom calls me and she's like, Ritchie, you want to believe the smut your brother's looking at And my mom starts lifting listing off all these websites that my brother was looking to say, a lot of Asian delivery porn that my mom's like, the one that we always it's still a family joke.
Speaker 4: Twenty five years later, she's like, and.
Speaker 3: He looked up some pornography that I had to do with delivery guys. And to this day, to this day, like my brother is in his forties. He can't escape the fact that we're like Jimmy is still like Delivery.
Speaker 1: Most of us were.
Speaker 3: Using it to chat and to explore things like Rich's brother, and to get music illegally, the mime wires, the airrys pass, the napsters, spending hours of you know, downloading illegal music and videos and things like that. So, yeah, how did you make your Yeah? I was gonna say, how you make your mix CDs without it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: How about before MySpace? Do you remember geo cities?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: But kids, I remember kids in the nineties would build their own little personal websites.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, I do remember that. Yeah, Nattie you mentioned it. Yeah, I do. And you know, by the way they're saying MySpace is coming back. Yeah, so hey, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Do we have room for another social media?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I did like MySpace? All right, let's go to the phones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hot, and they're jumping.
Speaker 3: You know, Danny Ryan, anyone want to chime in with the memories? Rich, It's it's definitely hot.
Speaker 1: Okay, Let's let's go to up beautiful Upstate New York JPJP.
Speaker 10: Hey, how you guys doing. Hey, listen. I was one of the original first owners of a Commodore sixty four and then it went to the one twenty eight and I still got it with all those games they had, and they were pretty good.
Speaker 3: Did you play program?
Speaker 10: A friend of mine college he got a job with AOL when it was brand new and they needed one hundred people to sign up to be guinea pigs, and I did. And then the first search I did on a search engine was DeLorean because I was in the car business too, and I wanted to, you know, the Deloreent came out and guess what came up, John Deloreent, Cocaine arrest. But anyway, when you were mentioning the games, Sears came out of the game called Pine, and you could buy it from Sears. It was ninety nine dollars and ninety five cents. I went to the store. I got the first one that they hadn't stocked. They only had three, and it was one you put on your own TV and it was just Pine. And then of course the bars came out with the Packed Man and Space Invaders and things like that, and I really that's that's led right.
Speaker 3: Today, I have the twenty six hundred that this guy's this guy's going old school. I always found that interesting that even today, you would think, because everyone's so interested in buying technology and immediately using it and opening it, you ever noticed that that like those people that have this weird instinct to keep like one of the originals still wrapped, like the first iPhone, even the first the first commodore. These are like million dollar items now at auctions like un you know, unboxed, unwrapped, still sealed. You would think that now you would be buying stuff insane. I'm gonna keep it sealed, but we still we don't have the instinct to do it. That dude, he he was old school. He was like one of the ogs. His free remembers. His first search, like, what do you think yours was? What was that guy's name?
Speaker 1: JP?
Speaker 3: Only poney?
Speaker 4: He was JP at aol dot com?
Speaker 3: Like he didn't, Yeah, like wow, what a fun Let's ask him JJ first search?
Speaker 1: JP? What was your first email address?
Speaker 10: Hey, Gwenville at aol dot com.
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 10: I still got it and it was number thirty six that AOL had.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm gonna feel like we should. I'm gonna send you a junk shot. Right now, I'm going to send him a grill and apron. That is impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's impressive that he still uses his old AOL JP. Hang on the line.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, buddy. That is crazy to think that appreciate you. That you know, like every time, you know, when you try to think of a username and it's like it's been used, there's someone that has, like Danny at aol dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why so many people have numbers after their name.
Speaker 3: Is that why you go by Genberger sixty nine, Genberger Davis sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Don't tell everyone my old AOL. All right, So back to the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to Terry in Saint Louis.
Speaker 20: Back it up, Terry, Hey, Terry, Hey, guys, what's up Terry here in Saint looks a birthday?
Speaker 10: Yeah, hey, happy birthday, Steve.
Speaker 20: Do you guys remember that website am I Hot or Not?
Speaker 6: Dot com?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 18: Were the people up loaded their picks and you rated like the girls on a one to ten?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely, that was definitely a thing that was pre MySpace, I think even pre Friends through Days and yeah, completely remember that one. That's a famous one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, is it?
Speaker 3: Why when you watch no Social or too though, because I worked at a radio station. Yeah, that was a thing too. It's like when people started uploading your photos and other people's photos they worked with, it was that it became really weird. But if you watch the social network, isn't it crazy to think that Zuckerberg was just a college kid that's connected the dots on all this stuff, like, hey, people are interested. I remember again, not the date ourselves m in my forties. I remember going to college and they would hand out a freshman book of people's pictures, like a Facebook of like, hey, here's the freshman class, so in case you bump into someone, here is like a you know, essentially like a pre yearbook.
Speaker 1: How about nowadays we're so spoiled with all of the radio shows having their own YouTube channels. Do you remember in the late nineties when radio stations first got their webcams in the studio and you could stream the radio station audio on your little computers.
Speaker 3: When there's their own website, finally, you know, you could see who was on the air, you could see That's when you started seeing these you know, what these idiots looked like for the first time. You couldn't. You couldn't hide behind us. That's handsome, Dan. Yeah, you couldn't be like, oh, I'm Hollywood Jackson and then you're like la holleywo Jackson looks like that, right, So everything changed as a result. Again, if you just joined us, were the night guy. I have a question for you. So Worldwide Web debuted in ninety one, but of course we had computers in the eighties. Even in late seventies computers existed. Worldwide Web, however, ninety one was the first time. Yeah you could access steit. We didn't get it at home till late nineties.
Speaker 1: We know all that.
Speaker 3: So we're asking what are those early websites and games you played on the computer that kids will never know this day? Were looking up sports, like do you guys remember like you're like the early like dead spins, but like, where there earlier ones that you remember to access sports back in the day.
Speaker 1: I mean I had an ESPN cell phone. Do you remember that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course, But I'm like thinking, like what was your first Like I'll go check right now. Was it just our team dot com? Let see Yankees dot com. It's kind of wild because I don't remember how we would access that we were we still like just watching Sports Center all the time, reading the box sport. That's why a sports center did have more pullback then because you were waiting. But what do you remember looking at well.
Speaker 12: I was gonna say, first of all, do you remember ESPN dot go dot com? Yeah, like because of the sponsors, so you had to type in.
Speaker 1: Dot go dot com. I remember that.
Speaker 12: Good buddy Ben Maller would have the the gathering of all the stories. I feel like Ben was you guys were talking about the fark site or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: I feel like Benmallard dot com.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Benmallard dot com was one of the one of the earlier, you know to do something like that.
Speaker 3: It was like sports did you ever kesh it? I don't know. No.
Speaker 1: He said that he was doing it ten years too early.
Speaker 3: Oh he could. He was the guy that did that, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's because later Jason McIntyre, for instance, came along with the big lead and sold that for a lot of money. So Ben Maller could have done the same thing had it been ten years later in time.
Speaker 3: He was no way early. That sucks for malor. Oh you know what, it's sort of like it's like Kevino, and I joke that good looking women in like the nineties and two thousands missed out on being like a hot influence who had brand deals because there's a lot of good looking, you know, talented women that monetized social media. Women of the nineties and two thousands must hate that, have they have to. I don't remember how we were accessing sports information back then. I really don't. Probably honestly, that's why you probably watched it. Yeah, probably still just watching it. That's why I watched the ESPN Sports and over and over and over. Worldwide Web debuted on his Day, nineteen ninety one. WW. By the way, if you say that now, it sounds like you're a dinas.
Speaker 1: Once in a while you'll still hear it and somebody's commercial and you're like, that's weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Www, you using Netskit Navigator?
Speaker 5: What are you using?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: I don't know what do we got? Let's go back to the phones here. How about Josh and Idaho?
Speaker 17: Hey, Josh, Hey, guys, how you doing.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 17: I got an early one. Early two thousand is kind of late nineteen ninety nine, but I remember my granddad got the IMACG three, a big blue one where it was just like the monitor and the computer was built into it, and there was an old game on there called Mortimer. I remember me and my brother playing so much all the time, and that's just an old memory I got.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, dude. Like when it came to actual computer games, I didn't play a lot of them. I'm trying to remember, like you, membor of your computer would come with like weak ass games.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: It's interesting. Everyone here is roughly around the same age. If you're in your forties, you have a unique perspective. I was always a console guy. It's the only generation. If you were born I would say roughly around the nineteen eighty you have this unique perspective of growing up without the internet really at all. Then there were glimpses of it towards the end of high school, but it still wasn't a factor in your life. Then all of a sudden, college soda hit and you made this transition to like you had an email address, you were looking things up online. But we're at nerd stuff. But we're a generation that grew up doing book reports with encyclopedias and microfiche and stuff. Like that, and then by the time you're out of college, everyone was using the computer. It really is a unique perspective because the generation are kids that we're raising now don't know a world without any of this, and our parents knew most of their life without it. I saw the sentiment of some kids today saying they can't imagine writing a book report or a ten thousand word book report without AI, and the comment back it was actually one of our listeners was like, we would write a ten thousand book report without even reading the book let alone. AI.
Speaker 4: It was a skill.
Speaker 3: It was a skill to bs you're wearing through that report. I want everyone to raise their hand if you faked a work sited sheet or bibliography, what everybody? And thank God for Cliff's notes. Even a man of integrity like you would do a book report you like, I guess I have to list these sources. It taught us how to be They were like faking that.
Speaker 1: At the end, I remember I had a book. It was an annual tradition.
Speaker 12: The sugar bowl used to be at nights on New Year's New Year's Night, and we'd have to go back to school on the second. I would have done no homework over Christmas night. So somehow during the Sugar Bowl, I'm supposed to cram through two hundred pages of a book. I had a book report due on like the sixty seven Packers. And while I my whole book report was just the results, like I knew that they won. I have no idea what happened in between. But to the point of like cheating and faking. Absolutely, I just wrote what they beat the Bears and they you know, to beat the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: That was a skill, yes, absolutely for sources. Yeah, we would make up fake names of authors and titles of books that didn't exist.
Speaker 3: Dude, anytime is it true? I mean we all work in the sports world now, But isn't it funny how anytime you had the opportunity to do something sports related for a book report or project, you would jump, like you do. You have to do a biography and you and you just Mickey Mantle, No, Jackie Robinson like you would you would never.
Speaker 1: I didn't want a Magic John. I did one on Babe Roof. Yeah, when I was in elementary school.
Speaker 3: All that stuff is that when you realize he was imaginary or no, no, I thought he was real at the time. PCI. Sorry, so early websites, early video games that you played on the computer, basically right, eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Well, let's go wrap the fire, give winners here, let's go to Las Vegas. Todd, Hey, Todd, big fellas.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 20: First of all, the guy with the AOL address is not telling the truth because every guys first search involved the word boobs.
Speaker 3: Right, he searched the larean I'm up minus.
Speaker 20: Yeah, and then the next there were two I'm taking back to computer lab days middle school and high school.
Speaker 6: You had to know they were.
Speaker 20: There because they weren't part of any curriculum. There was a first generation multiplayer game called Scorched Earth, where you have multiple people shooting missiles and stuff at each other's castles on all these different heels. And the other one was a little seedier. It looked like Mario in a leisure suit. Was called leisure Suit. Larry walked around Yeah, yeah, trying to score right, like wow else, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That unlocks a memory, Todd, hang on the line, we're grill apron great one.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 17: Suit.
Speaker 3: And we worked with a dude at SERA six that called him. His radio name was leisure based on that great great call, Man Great Call and some fun memories and it is wild. Though unless our kids the wen you'll see a documentary about this stuff, they'll never really know. You could tell them about it, but yeah, you know, they're not going to know what it was like, or what it or the excitement it was for us to experience this. It's hard.
Speaker 4: It's hard to really grasp something.
Speaker 3: If you weren't there, like the same way you might, you'll never understand what it was really like when JFK got killed and we landed.
Speaker 5: On the moon.
Speaker 3: If you weren't alive, we don't know. You don't You can't really figure it out or get that feeling. No, but they'll never know. Having information, you know, without encyclopedia, is on a computer like that was all.
Speaker 5: New to all of us.
Speaker 3: Oh, could I give you an early Internet memory, not a game or a sight, Danny, the idea of someone in your house picking up the phone you get kicked off or that was always I think younger youngsters, as you say, I don't even know if they realized that you couldn't be on the phone and the computer at the same time.
Speaker 1: No, you might as well be speaking in French when you try to America is online.
Speaker 3: Man, It's time for Brainway.
Speaker 6: Come on now, do Caveno and Rich really share the same brain?
Speaker 3: Ra something Si Joe to measure you?
Speaker 7: Is their crew not far behind. We're one Welcome Brainway.
Speaker 6: Try to make sense of the brain. It's easy.
Speaker 16: We drop on sports, music, and entertainment questions and if you match with enough of these bosums, you win.
Speaker 6: I love that. On the count of three, reveal.
Speaker 3: Brainway one, two, three, Yeah, walked in.
Speaker 6: Guys, you're on the same wave way right now?
Speaker 1: All right, Happy Friday. The questions in this game are all subjective. You just need to try to match the brain of CNR and the crew. Yeah, look at Coven already having fun with this. Try erase board over there. Alt's let's get our contestant on the studio lines. Then I'll explain the rules real quick. Ilo, I'll use you shoot for this. Would you love to travel too? Beautiful Waco, Texas, Spokane, Washington, Reading, California, Tulsa, Oklahoma, or Denver.
Speaker 21: Well, I've been to three or four of those places. Let's go place I haven't been, Redding, California.
Speaker 1: I've never been to Redding, Bubba is listening there, So Bubba, yo.
Speaker 3: Bthing ready, Bubba say, I like this guy's energy.
Speaker 1: Get your good choice, Bubba, what do you do for a living?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 10: I do construction in the heat, my friend, it.
Speaker 3: Sucks construction in the heat. You know what, Well, if you win, you could just wear the apron and nothing else, nothing else, be nice and cool.
Speaker 1: All right, I have five rounds ready to go. Our contestant, Bubba, needs to win two of them to be the champ and walk away with that CNUR summer grill in package. I'm gonna ask a question, give three equal answers to choose from the five of us in the studio today. Are going to write down our answers on our dry erase boards. On the count of three, Bubba counts out. He says his answer, and he's got a match with three out of the five of us to win the round or no matter his answer. If all five of us happen to match, it is an automatic round for him. A back door cover. All right, All right, round one, you guys are ready, let's do it. Get those dry erase boards ready. We're gonna start with relationships. Oh, you're seeing someone new and the chemistry is amazing. But one of these red flags keeps tugging at your brain? Which one is the tough to ignore?
Speaker 3: I like these type of questions.
Speaker 1: Flirting a little too comfortably with servers keeping their exes hoodie because it's comfy, or reading your text messages but replying hours later. Which of those red flags is the toughest to ignore? Flirting a little too comfortably with servers keeping their exes hoodie because it's comfy, or reading your text messages but replying hours later. Yeah, everybody locked in?
Speaker 5: What gender is the server?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: It depends who's listening to you right now? I love all right, Bubba, we need your answer on the counter. Three one two.
Speaker 6: Three if he gone to hoodie, gone.
Speaker 1: He says, hoodie. We start with Steve Covino.
Speaker 3: You know, as I grow older and wiser, birthday, weekend is weekend. Things like that don't bother me the way they used to. So reading those texts, like she's reading my text, she has her phone right there, she can't respond. That's so weird, So that would bother me.
Speaker 1: More so, buzzer, no point from Cavino, Rich Davis.
Speaker 3: I hate to say I'm such a mature man. These days, I'm flirty, So I don't mind if a girl's a little flirty if it's in it said with a server. It's a server, right, I mean, you're not gonna see him against server's got no game. No, But I'm saying number two, they got that French pant bad. I remember when I met my wife. My wife had like a carry on bag, and I'm like, this is really great. She goes, oh, it's my exit. Do you want me to throw it at I'm like, no, I like this carry on bag, So I'm fine with the hoodie doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: But when someone's unattentive, that's the sign.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. So I'm with you reading the messages and not responds to annoying It's like you're not important enough to get back to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we go to Ilo.
Speaker 21: This is interesting because some people aren't necessarily Texters, and a free garment is a free garment. I actually went with the flirting with the server.
Speaker 3: Oh I get a jewice, want a fresh pan? Juicy is good, but I love the way the server has more game than you. You're charming guy.
Speaker 21: Well, as usually you're right on that.
Speaker 3: Party, Bubba.
Speaker 1: You're mathematically out of this one. But I did say hoodie, so you would have got the point from me. And what about you, Ryan.
Speaker 3: I said hoodie as well. She was sniffing like it smells like him. That's one thing. But if it's just a cozy hoodie, yeah, but Ryan, think about it. She's wearing that hoodie. You could still have your fun. She's wearing the hoodies.
Speaker 1: She's probably thinking about that, thinking about that guy.
Speaker 3: Whenever I go through a break up, anything she gives to me, I throw when you squeezed the nose cheeks. Who cares what hoodie she's by the way. Quote of the day. Let's go to a round. She would have bothered me in my twenties, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's the end of the world. Cove youno. I just think out of the three.
Speaker 3: Have you got if you go with Hey, they're all good. You got with if you go with a Jordan Hudson And she was of a ripped up old Belichick hoodie, which that's definitely Will fans would find that as a turn off.
Speaker 1: He's that guy. Round two, Let's go to sports, which NFL QB will have the most passing yards by the end of this season, the regular season, Fernando Mendoza, Carson Beck or Michael Pennock Junior.
Speaker 4: Now Pennick Junior is in a battle.
Speaker 3: Rich don't yeh yeah, yeah, do that in your head.
Speaker 1: It's funny though. We started the show off actually by talking about this, so Rich and I were already on the same bring with of course Michael Pennock Junior, not a rookie. Yeah, but in a tricky situation there in Atlanta. All right, we're all writing our answers down. Everybody locks, all right, Bubba, on the count of three, one, two, three.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna go Fernando.
Speaker 18: They'll get Kirk out of there and just get a more reps.
Speaker 1: That's my only thing, he says, Fernando. We go in reverse order, so that means Ryan, you are up first.
Speaker 3: What say you?
Speaker 12: I went with Beck because Panix is going to get hurt, like he always gets hurt.
Speaker 6: And uh.
Speaker 1: I like Mendoza, but he's probably not gonna play for a.
Speaker 3: While, all right, right.
Speaker 1: I also I also said Beck, oh, turn tables in a microphone.
Speaker 3: Would you say?
Speaker 1: What'd you say?
Speaker 3: I love?
Speaker 21: I am actually going with Mendoza. I think the politics of being a number one pick.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting. I think Cousins will start too many games early on for Mendoza to get that number, and I think Tua could very well be the guy in Atlanta. I don't even know if Pennix plays as much as you think Carson Beck.
Speaker 4: I just think by process of elimination.
Speaker 3: I think Beck might make opportunities and make him count. But I think Pennix Junior is the answer here. Why we buying into Tua is that that's still a quarterback battle, correct, I mean, right, I mean there's no update there, right Illo, It's like it's still I mean, we haven't had our first preseason game.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: I love okay, but we're not on the same breakway.
Speaker 1: But I love the fact we're talking NFL football, all right. Let's go to round three. Supporting roles. Wayne Knight turned seventy one today. Anyone knows who he is? Newman hello, new Alone in his honor, Durssic cart too, who hijacked or sitcom more to the point where the supporting role became the main event? I do Jaliel White is one of the options. Let's let's go in order here. Henry Winkler as the Fawns Hey, Jaliel White as Erkele or Michael Richards as Kramer?
Speaker 4: Whoa good which supporting guy stole the scene the most?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Who hijackedor sitcom more? Okay? In Newman's Honor here a lot Fawns, Erkle or Kramer.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, this is such a great question, and I just want people to just again, brainwave, think of the brainwave.
Speaker 1: We are on ye, all right, counter three buba one two three.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna go with where I think Cavino's gonna do and say.
Speaker 1: Fawns says Fawns. Steve Covin know, we do start with you.
Speaker 3: What's today Friday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, rich Davis.
Speaker 3: Now listen, no one had smoother game than Stefan or Keel And did I do that got any cheese? You know he was not supposed to be that big of a character. I think the whole cast of Seinfeld, do you take that out of elimination? I think no one on this list has a jacket in the Smithsonian, But you know he does the fun I think Henry Wakelo, your answer, Ayilo great, It's not a bad pick. It's really tough.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, comes down to me and Ryan he is a winner in this round, I said, fawns as well? And what did you say?
Speaker 3: I said, oracle Man? Come on, I mean he's legendary too. By the way, you know, we had Wayne Night on our show back in the day and Rich asked him if he often gets confused with the guy that played the revolting Blob in Billy Madison. Stop. I just said, where to God like the guy? I was like, yeah, sorry, she's he's like, you know, the revolting Blob. What did I say?
Speaker 1: All right, halfway to a prize.
Speaker 3: I'm embarrassed for twenty something girl. Man called Night the revolting Blop could have been extra paper talent so I could wipe my pad and my tears.
Speaker 1: All right, Bubba, you're halfway to a prize. Back, let's go to round four music the Volting Blob.
Speaker 3: Happy, right, guys, focus, Sorry, I just got looking back.
Speaker 1: I can't believe what idiot he was. Let's go to Let's go to music.
Speaker 3: Looking back.
Speaker 1: You're locked in a small room for forty eight hours and music is being piped in on a loop to torture you. Which song would break you achy, breaky Heart, Barbie Girl, or It's a Small World, which song would break you as torture if you were locked in a small room for forty eight hours and couldn't turn it off? Achy Breaky Heart, Barbie Girl, or It's a small world.
Speaker 4: And it's a great question, really good question. But I do have an answer.
Speaker 1: All right, we're all going to write r okay and.
Speaker 3: A real I have a great answer as to why I have answers. So I can't wait the edge of my seat. Oh, I know you should be all right. So it's brain Wave CNR CNR on FSR. We do this every Friday for prizes and giveaways. And by the way, we don't want to leave you out of the fun. If you want to qualify for the Summer Grilling Apron and prize pack, just leave a nice comment wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 4: He's locked in, let's go.
Speaker 3: What Let's go?
Speaker 1: Your answer, Bubba one two three.
Speaker 10: I can't even go on the ride small world.
Speaker 1: He says, it's a small world. We go in reverse order. Ryan, would you say Achy Breaky Heart? Musler? Sorry, bud It, sorry.
Speaker 3: You don't like you, you know, like Billy Ray's dance moves.
Speaker 1: You know, no, no, this good? This was really close for me. Because it's a small world. I think they call it circular where there's really no end to the song. Yes, but Barbie Girl, if I had to hear that on a loop, you could have whatever information you are torturing me to get. ISLO, what'd you say?
Speaker 3: Oh my ear? But I do love every soft And when that guy comes out, he's like, call ball, Barbie, let's go party. However, nothing more annoying than the sound of children singing like it's a world that would break me. That's the worst. I'm with you, bro, that's a joyous song. I'm not mad at it. It's definitely I agree on the same brain wave as Danny g and the Korn. Barbie Girl, Oh man, all right, it.
Speaker 1: Comes down to the final category, guys, round five. All right, all right, we're gonna finish. We're finishing by going back to sports.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: You're putting up one month of your salary on a Super Bowl bet. Which of these three teams would you trust the most to cast your ticket? It's good the Texans, the Lions, or the Chargers. Means are there, but which one would win and take home that money for you? The Texans, the Lions or the Chargers. All right, everybody locked in? Yes, Sir Steve Kerr, all right, Bubba one, two, three?
Speaker 18: Lions.
Speaker 1: I suppose he says Lions.
Speaker 3: Steve Covino, Yo, guess what we are on the same brainwave justin. Herbert doesn't look focused to me on CJ. Stroud. You saw how he came strutting in looking like a school boy. He came in looking like a school boy and has not done well in the playoffs. So I'm taking away Houston Lions cove. I'm also taking away the Chargers. As much as I love Madison beer and Herbert cuddling, I just think the AFC is too competitive. You might be able to sneak through the NFC. The Lions.
Speaker 1: Right, one more, one more, five of us today.
Speaker 3: I love Damn Campbell.
Speaker 1: We have a winner in ready in California. You are going to receive a CNR Summer prize pack, including that popular grilling apron.
Speaker 3: Now it's time Friday. We do it all the time, weekend hobknopping.
Speaker 6: That's for talking, can't resist yourselfing, stuck socializing?
Speaker 3: You ever done anything dangerous?
Speaker 7: You ever dance with the devil in the panel line.
Speaker 6: Friday brings US weekend, hob.
Speaker 3: If anyone knows, Hobnobbin's Rich Davis. But I'll kick it off, Hob nothing. It's my birthday weekend, so I'll be watching. I don't know, I was gonna say, your birthday weekend. I'll be watching you get both tugs. You're getting up there. Yeah, I'll be doing something, watching you cry in your candles. Yeah exactly. I don't know this one's hitting me. But UFC Fight Night. I love watching fights. I'll be doing that. Leave me alone. I'll watch them fights, Billy Ray, goff Ty Miller, UFC Fight.
Speaker 1: I enjoy it.
Speaker 3: That's on Saturday. You know what, Rich, because you've been talking about it, because I already started and invested on the show Ted last season four, I'll check that out. You know last season FO I watched episode one. I thought three ended perfectly, and I'm like, oh, why are they doing four? The first episode is three years later, and it really does. It's like a fresh start. So are you watch it? You're like, oh, this is Michael runs this place. Was like, yep, it's good, but you got to.
Speaker 4: Finish season three first.
Speaker 3: You we only have a few left on that, but that's the best part. I'm not the biggest fan, but I'm here and it's good, so I'll check it out. And you know what, over Promised, that's our bonus pod. I thought we had a great show yesterday, episode one fifty. We talk about Awesome or Get Daddy, pitching celebrations on the Map based on your boy on the Mets, Rich plus the Next Action Star, and I love how you always put our show in your weekend Hub though. That's right. Relationships during the football season, we break it down on over Promised right here on our YouTube page for free.
Speaker 4: All right, Quarterback Danny, there's a show on Netflix.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna watch. Yeah, well, I got Hard Knocks on HBO. On HBO, I think that's definitely worth to watch. And uh, Comino, you love trashy reality shows? Do you see that?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: Ma how Howry Dousing this guy that he's on all these reality shows. There's a new Netflix dating show and all the girls in the show are very good.
Speaker 4: Looking, so you might want to watch it. Sounds cream Mary Harry.
Speaker 5: How We all right?
Speaker 1: Rich? Also on HBO Monsters of God the guy who brought us Tiger King. This is about the underground world of animal smugly.
Speaker 3: That is something you would definitely watch.
Speaker 5: Daddy.
Speaker 3: All listen, we'll see you guys on Monday. Until that, have a great weekend. Aribadai baby, see you in the promise man. Bye guys. Oh, happy birthday to me, Happy birthday.