Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty enough He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: The US will take over the Gaza Strip and we will do a job with it too. We'll own it and be responsible for dismantling all of the dangerous unexploded bombs and other weapons on the site. Level the site and get rid of the destroyed buildings, level it out, create an economic development that will supply unlimited numbers of jobs and housing for the people of the area.
Speaker 3: Worth pointing out. As you can tell he's reading there. This wasn't like just something he shot off the top of his head. Somebody wrote that, correct, and he walked into read it the whole The United States is going to take over gozele thing.
Speaker 1: He's half serious about this.
Speaker 4: We're joking last hour about how everybody's freaking out when Trump he just he indicates what direction he wants to go by making outrageous demands or statements or whatever, and then the negotiations begin and it's gonna be fine. It's the only thing that keeps HIMSNBC on the air is freaking out over what Trump says, for instance, but not around here.
Speaker 1: We try to bring you what's happening, then help you understand it. If we can.
Speaker 4: I will tell you this as insane as the idea of US owning Gaza is. It's been what was described, at least in the Wall Street Journal as a closely held idea among a small group of senior advisors.
Speaker 1: Now I listened to Trump talk.
Speaker 3: And all like he as a real estate developer, like Dick Cheney and some of though there's other names I've forgotten.
Speaker 4: Want to take over a rack that crowd. I mean, I can't remember if they named names. I read this a couple of hours ago. Taking control of the hotly contested territory would put the US at the center of the world's most complicated diplomatic and national security conflicts, raising the prospect that Trump is signing up for exactly the kind of foreign entanglement he told voters he would avoid.
Speaker 1: Well, that is absolutely self happening.
Speaker 3: Taking Gaza and holding it would make a rack seem like taking over Nebraska.
Speaker 4: It would certainly be the bet. The best case. It would be very similar. Yeah, although it's a much smaller area. Definitely that that that's an advantage. But oh my god.
Speaker 3: So it's funny, and it's funny since he said yesterday, I didn't even contemplated it in reality because I just assume that's not on the table.
Speaker 1: Right and I am. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say two thirds, one third, two thirds is all right. He's signaling directionally that the time for farting around is over right the Arab Muslim neighboring countries, you're not going to turn your back and say it's Israel's problem in the US is anymore, you're gonna help us, or I'm gonna hurt you, or we're just gonna start taking over giant swath's land.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I definitely think that's the message. Yeah, that's two thirds of it.
Speaker 4: So when the other third of it is that he and his advisors have been talking about this, wrote out that statement and he was like, you could hear the lust in his voice as a real estate developer, because you know, if you're not familiar with this, the Kaza Strip is an astonishingly valuable piece of land.
Speaker 1: Globally speaking.
Speaker 4: It is a beautiful, temperate, La like climate right by the Mediterranean with nice hills and everything. I mean, it would be You can't even imagine the value of that land if you could get crazy Islam out of it. And a third of me here's Trump talking about that, and I can hear the excitement in his voice, and there's about a third of me that thinks he's at least half serious.
Speaker 3: Well, let's hear some more of the Trump stuff so we can discuss it all.
Speaker 1: Let it just roll on in order there, Michael.
Speaker 5: This was not a decision made lightly. Everybody I've spoken to loves the idea of the United States owning that piece of land, developing and creating thousands of jobs. If the United States can help to bring stability and peace in the Middle East, we'll do that.
Speaker 3: A quick question, where are the people going to be when we have it? Somewhere somewhere else? He kind of sort of gets to that, doesn't he.
Speaker 2: We should go to other countries of interest with humanitarian hearts, and there are many of them that want to do this and build various domains that will ultimately be occupied by the one point eight million Palestinians living in Gaza. Ending the death and destruction and frankly bad luck. This could be paid for by neighboring countries of great wealth. It could be one, two, three, four, five, seven, eight, twelve, It could be numerous sites, so it could be one large site, but the people will be able to live in comfort and peace.
Speaker 3: To me, that my takeaway yesterday was he's telling Egypt and Jordan particularly, you don't get to rile up your people anymore about how awful it is for the Palestinians, while at the same time not allowing a single Palestinian into your country when you're right next door.
Speaker 4: That game is over. Here's the rub. They're smart to not let them in. The countries that have tried, you know, Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait at one point.
Speaker 1: You know what they get.
Speaker 4: They get angry Islamist revolutionaries in their country screws up their country. Look at the Beirot Civil War if you want to, you want to see bloodshed, sectarian bloodshed. So that's the rub. There's and it's funny. We have a lot of new folks listening new radio stations. Thank you very much for being here. Give it a little while you get used to it. It's not like a lot of talk shows that always try.
Speaker 3: To New Hampshire Hello for Oklahoma City, Yes, and others.
Speaker 1: Oh, from the country, Hello Tulsa, Fort Collins, Colorado? Love Fort Collins? Anyway?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Or were we? Oh?
Speaker 4: A lot of talk show hosts are constantly trying to sell you certainty. They know everything all the time, every single second. There are times that there is uncertainty. For instance, I'm looking through some of the specifics that Trump said, and a top advisor said, and and and I don't want to be inflammatory, I do, but if you were to momentarily take seriously the idea that, Okay, the US is gonna quote unquote take over Gaza temporarily, We're gonna relocate all the Palestinians, temporarily, find them nice places to live in other lands. All right, we're gonna rebuild it into a fabulous seaside resort town with jobs for everyone and well of plenty. And then uh yeah, yeah, the plan is we'll let all the angry, militant Palestinians right back in. Now, if you heard that as a realist, what would you think.
Speaker 1: What's the last part there? Exactly? They're gonna clear them out and not let them back in.
Speaker 4: And Israel having decided post October seventh, something is gonna change fundamentally, I mean really really change. We're not going to have uneasy peace with people who want to wipe us off the map because we're Jews anymore. That's over and throughout the history of mankind. And again I'm not saying this is true. I'm just saying it's in your pie chart of possibilities in the history of mankind. The way you settled an intractable situation like that is you got rid of the people occupy in that land.
Speaker 1: Where are we supposed to go? I don't know, not here in short Israel, And.
Speaker 4: It's ally the United States are going to take over that land and assuring a fundamental change of who's in what place in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Well, let me uh with this.
Speaker 3: This was in Mark Alprin's political newsletter this morning, in which he wrote his newsletters called the Wide World of News. He said, this from a Wide World of News reader, one of the smartest and most anti Trump people I have ever met, in a series of emails to me, and I'll just read a little bit of it. Trump made me love him. This is from one of the most anti Trump people Alprin's ever met. Wow, Trump made me love him. He spoke to the reality of the situation that a winning side must now emerge, and it must be us. The cycle of killing between jew and Arab Muslims must end, and he is Colossus, will make it happen. Quite stunning, quite obvious, quite visionary, quite outrageous to everyone but me. He's got MSNBC spinning. He stunned Bbie and left him speechless. Amazing theater. But the message is somebody needs to emerge the victor, and the time is now.
Speaker 1: This ends exactly. Yeah, And you know it's funny.
Speaker 4: I've been pitching that idea for a while and some people probably think I sound like a lunatic. But Israel's peace plan is to defeat their enemies, and defeat them to the point that they are no longer an enemy, They're not a threat in any way. It's also Homas's plan, Rand's plan the other direction. Well, and given that fact, Israel's flexibility to like have a a half solution, a peace loving patient half solution where they go back to something October Sixthy, No, they've decided they're not going to do that anymore. What does that look like in reality? This is what I've been saying for a long time it looks like the complete and total annihilation and or removal of those who have vowed to wipe every jew off the.
Speaker 1: Face of the map, particularly Israel.
Speaker 3: All Right, that's something we haven't figured out in the modern world with a when and you know, uh, video cameras, every video cameras everywhere in modern sensibilities and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Is wars have always ended when one.
Speaker 3: Side wins to the point that the other side has to give up whatever they got to give up to make the fighting stop. And we've stopped doing that around the world for the most part, except for in like your god awful parts of the world where nobody cares what happens.
Speaker 1: We've stopped doing that.
Speaker 3: And the only way for this to end is for one side to just obliterate the other side.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we can stomach that. I don't know if I can stomach.
Speaker 4: That right right, Well, I just think that the Barack Obama, John carry Joe Biden, to the extent that he had any thoughts, they believe that not only could we eliminate unconditional surrender type conflicts mostly which I think is a good idea if you can do it diplomatically. Don't kill people, don't hurt people, don't wreck their stuff. But they thought you could. You could do that completely one hundred percent, eliminate wars of annihilation or total victory. It's not realistic. Human beings will not cease to be human beings just because you want them to stop anyway. Again, though I can't decide which of those options Trump is most enthusiastic about.
Speaker 1: The Other thing about Trump is that.
Speaker 4: He is he's a bullet of china shop negotiator, but he's very good at a couple of things. Number One, he understands one hundred percent where leverage is in a negotiation.
Speaker 1: He is acutely aware of that, like a like a fox.
Speaker 4: And he's also very good at understanding if you're not willing to walk away from a negotiation, you have lost a significant amount of leverage. And so he will walk into something like a bullet or china shop, and he has two, three, even four outcomes in mind that might be acceptable under certain conditions. And I'm not sure which one of these he's most enthusiastic about here, but the whole palette is available here.
Speaker 3: How's is Maga World taking him seriously but not literally when he says he was asked about we got another one here, I know where about a time, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I keep rambling going sorry.
Speaker 3: Uh, dang it, we got the three?
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, I don't have the right sheet. Go ahead, Yeah, go ahead, Michael, mister president.
Speaker 3: Given what you've said about Gaza to the US and troops.
Speaker 1: To help secure the security back.
Speaker 5: There as far as Gaza is concerned, we'll do what is necessary.
Speaker 3: I mean, nothing could be less Maga than that, right, I mean, that's been his whole thing since before he even started running in to twenty fifteen, the stupid wars in the Middle East and everything like that. And he's he's talking about sending troops to Gaza. How did people react to that? I assume you are taking him seriously, not literally. You don't think that will ever act really happened. That's never gonna happen.
Speaker 4: If I was Tucker Carlson's dog, I'd run for my life because he's looking for something to kick right now.
Speaker 1: You can't believe that. What do you think you think he means it?
Speaker 3: I don't think he means text line four KFTC.
Speaker 6: That tund that the price of a Super Bowl commercial just went up from seven million dollars to eight million dollars.
Speaker 1: Here's an ad that they're planning to run in the second quarter.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, why didn't anyone tell us that a Super Bowl ad cost.
Speaker 1: Eight million dollars? We don't have eight million dollars. We're barely hanging on by a thread over here.
Speaker 4: It was the last time anyone went to a Best Buy even we just buy this crap on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Now this also counts as an ad. Oh god, oh god, turn away best fine. Imagine that. Well, they didn't really think that through.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the Super Bowl, the newest JK. Rowling release ought to be Harry Potter in The Secret Playbook. Ooh, I was just reading about how the Chiefs have a just a The reason they always look so great and whoop up on teams in the playoffs after stumbling, fumbling, bumbling their way to just barely good enough season. Well, they had a wonderful season, but like each individual game they would just do.
Speaker 1: Enough to win. Is that they keep all.
Speaker 4: Sorts of clever innovative plays secret. They don't use them during the regular season. They have an entire Now it's the playoffs playbook.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a risky maneuver. Seems to be working for him. Yeah, yeah, it seems nuts.
Speaker 4: But anyway, speaking of nuts, so perhaps you've heard Donald Jay said, the US is going to take over the Gaza Strip, won't it. We'll be responsible for it, We'll clean it out, we'll rebuild it. Palestinians will go away. Then we'll let them back when it's all rebuilt and stuff. And it's it's I'm almost certain is straight out of the Will Invade Panama playbook. And we got some great sensible No, you're not going to be in China's back pocket, concessions from Panama, really productive negotiations. I'm pretty sure it's that. But for whatever reason, Jack, I'll let you analyze. The White House put out multiple pages.
Speaker 1: Just last night. Tonight, President Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump announced a bold vision for the United States to secure lasting piece in Gaza. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. The killing must stop, and President Trump will finally ensure there is peace. President Trump's visionary proposal and relentless pursuit Piece was immediately praised. Former US Ambassador at Israel I'm not going to name some of these people just to save time, but Trump's pose USA takeover the Gaza strip may sound out of the box, but it is brilliant, historic, and the only idea I've heard in fifty years that has a chance of bringing security, piece and prosperity to this troubled region. Former Deputy National Security Advisors said, today we heard President Trump come out and say what no American leader has had the courage to say before, which is that the United States is willing to step in here and play the leadership role we need to play. Let's see News Nations Leland. I know his act, he's a journalist, but there's a lot of appetite, especially in the US, to say the way we've been dealing with the past Palestinians for the past fifty years hasn't worked. Why not give something new a try. Senator Rick Scott A. Most terrorists murdered babies and burned people alive. They're evil monsters. Thank god, we finally have a president who's committed to standing with Israel and working with NET and Yahoo. Get the terrorists out of Gaza, bring every hostage home. The list goes on and on, pages of statements in support of this policy op including Marjorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I heard a bunch of them, including Lindsay Graham, where they're like, yeah, that's an idea.
Speaker 4: I think it is a directional gesture. It is the chantic crazy.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not freaking out because I don't think there's any chance we're going to take over Gaza.
Speaker 4: So no, no, But what does he really want? What he really wants is a serious shakeup of the status. Quote what will that look like? If I may quote the Spice Girl, tell me what you want? What you really really want?
Speaker 1: That's where we have found.
Speaker 3: If you missed your segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: Must season control of USAID, which provides humanitarian assistance around the world, but Musk who is the world riches man posting we spent the weekend feeding USAID into the wood chipper. The State Department is now starting to evacuate all USAID staff who are on foreign assignments worldwide, some fifteen hundred to two thousand people. The goal is to bring all those workers and their families back to the United States by this weekend.
Speaker 4: All of this stuff is unfolding better than I could have imagined, a lot of it, including the reaction to some of the Doge stuff that's going on. Give me a sixty one sixty two back to back there.
Speaker 6: Michael Doze is not a real government agency. Doze has no authority to shut programs down or ignore federal law. DOJ's conduct, I said, cannot be allowed to stand.
Speaker 3: Watching Elon Musk because he's the guy who's trying to centralize.
Speaker 1: All power behind him, and he hasn't been elected to anything.
Speaker 3: So whatever the Atlantic cover story this month, are they a monthly or weekly? It's a website, The Atlantic, the Constitutional crisis is here with a picture of Elon staring up in the Capitol.
Speaker 1: Constitutional Crisis.
Speaker 4: The part of this that I love is that although this is exactly what Trump ran.
Speaker 1: On, right, the reaction to.
Speaker 3: The government and part of the country to wanting to get rid of government employees should.
Speaker 1: Tell you something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why why would you be so resistant? I mean, unless it's your sister who's going to lose your job, and nobody owns a loser job and have to go find another job. I mean, it's not pleasant no matter what. But other than that. I mean, why would you be against the government shrinking or getting fewer employees, Why would why would your immediate reaction be so emotional and fearful.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why the progressive scam, I think is so evilly brilliant. They've convinced a large number of people in the US. And maybe people are just inclined, you know, by their psychology that they were born with to lean in this direction. But they've convinced many, many millions of people that the government is good and benevolent. It not only is meant to solve all of your problems, but it will solve all solve all of your problems if you give them enough money and enough power. And people would hear that couple of sentences, I just uttered and say, yeah, yeah, they are here to solve all of our problems.
Speaker 3: Well, for instance, this US AID thing, money we give to various countries around the world. And we've heard the list in the last week or so about how we gave you know, seventy million dollars to Ireland for a transgender play.
Speaker 1: Or something like that. But I have more.
Speaker 3: Yes, But now they're talking about recalling thousands of US eight employees from foreign countries by Saturday.
Speaker 1: Like fast, you gotta get out.
Speaker 3: Josh Rogan, who we really really like generally, but I don't like his take on this. ABC reporting that State Department is moving to recall thousands of US eight employees from foreign countries.
Speaker 1: Shame.
Speaker 3: These are people who have dedicated their careers to helping.
Speaker 1: Out blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: And one of my favorite pundits reacted, this is not a military deployment. These are jobs, not religious missions. They signed up to serve their country. Spare me right. I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's part of this that seems a little chaotic to me, like the jan and six pardons and that sort of thing. I think we could probably do a better job if we take our time. It doesn't need to be by the end of the week. It's more of the generalized squealing about reducing these programs that bothers.
Speaker 3: These are some sort of missionaries, These people that worked in government given their lives to the church, which is government in your eyes, and just you.
Speaker 1: Don't understand what you're doing. I was reading another article.
Speaker 3: It was a I forget which newspaper it was, but it was a like a write in give me advice sort of thing about how my partner and I had bought a house in this area, and now because we could, we didn't have to go into the office. But now with the evil Republicans, they didn't say evil, but now with the Republican administration, my partner's gonna have to go into the office and we need to sell our home and blah blah blah blah. Yeah, welcome to the freaking world. Do you know how many people You know, how many people have had to sell their homes because their jobs changed? Lots, lots and lots, including me, including my dad, including Joe, including tons of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 3: You are so insulated from the real world, you government employees, you have no idea what you're talking about. And it makes me furious.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, USAID managed Mordan forty billion dollars and has no fewer than ten thousand employees around the world. And some of the programs they run are very, very good. I think we'd all be in favor of them, or most of them. Most of them are are definitely defensible, including on a purely real politic level where we're winning friends and influencing people and keeping China at bay in various parts of the world. But having said that, and here's not only is this list amusing, but it leads me to my ultimate point. Let's see, So the USA, who's who's writing this article? I thought it was really good. Oh it's the editorial board of the journal BAA BAA US eight is hardly full of Mother Teresa's and only want to do good without a political agenda. And the House Foreign Affairs chairman sites is some examples. The agency in the Biden years supported electric vehicles in Vietnam. I mean, because where would America be if people were just riding or on in regular cars in Vietnam? And a transgender clinic in India. A Serbian LGBT group called the groupa Izaji received a million and a half dollars to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in Serbia's workplaces in business communities.
Speaker 1: Many many other examples. Also.
Speaker 4: An analysis by the Middle East Forum says one hundred and sixty four million dollars of USAID money has supported radical organizations around the world, and one hundred and twenty two million of that aid was going to groups aligned with foreign terrorist organizations.
Speaker 1: We are funding to the tune of hundreds of millions.
Speaker 4: Of dollars, the very people who are killing our soldiers and our people if they stray into the wrong part of the world.
Speaker 1: Well, to your point of the air examples of it doing good, and I'm sure there are, Oh, I'm not close to my ultimate point.
Speaker 3: You can probably answer yours one of your points, but one of your points being there are you know, there's money spent that's doing good. And then the idea that there are, you know, domestically employees or programs or whatever, they're good.
Speaker 1: Fine, then we'll bring them back.
Speaker 3: Let's go too far, let's go way too far on cutting the government. And if it turns out, you know, we really need that agency, it'll be easy to put back. We seem to be really good at growing the government. That never seems to be a problem.
Speaker 4: You don't care if kids dive ades in Africa anyway, that would be the response. So anyway to work to my ultimate point, the list of these dumb, wasteful, or like in a bloody way, self defeating expenditures. They're not only stupid and amusing or frustrating, they're proof that here I put like this, the fact that those expenditures exist proves that the agency is utterly corrupt. The problem is not those expenditures specifically, although that's a problem, but the agency that would permit that and promote that and be happy of it and proud of it. That is a disease agency that Oh yes, Jack says.
Speaker 1: Let's go too far. Yeah, yeah, they're they're crazy people.
Speaker 3: For one thing, you're crazy people, way out of step with the mainstream of America. If you saw how many people would have to be involved, maybe shockingly few would have to sign off on millions of dollars for some sort of trans clinic in India. I mean, that's not in step with the American priorities.
Speaker 1: What was my other point on that? Oh yeah, And to your point, they're they're corrupt.
Speaker 3: But that's the stuff that we can look at and we obviously scratch our head and think, oh, okay, you need to justify that. How about the programs that sound pretty There are lots of programs in the United States that sound great and they still don't accomplish anything. You're gonna tell me we don't have lots of those around the world that their intention is great, but they're just flabby or poorly run or it didn't work or whatever. You know, that happens all the time, all the time.
Speaker 4: And according to virtually everybody I trust who's looked into USA through the years, it has become this incredibly self congratulatory, self regarding branch of the government that views itself as above the government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what above taxpayers.
Speaker 3: That was the other point that I flit it out of my head was the it shows how insulated they think they are, how nobody's watching, and they can do whatever they want because they know how unpopular some of this stuff would be. But they're just so confident nobody's paying any attention. We can do whatever we want and nobody's gonna notice or care.
Speaker 1: Well. I think it's even worse than that.
Speaker 4: I think their beliefs not that nobody's watching, but that nobody dare criticize them, and nobody should have that right.
Speaker 1: Which leads me to my favorite tweet I mentioned earlier.
Speaker 3: I can't believe the US is about to invade Gaza and our government has zero dollars to put on any transgender musicals there.
Speaker 4: Speaking of which, the self declownment of Hollywood through this ridiculous gender bending Madness Movie, Amelia Perez. It's even funnier than I thought, and I thought it was funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to get to that next segment. That is great.
Speaker 3: I wanted to jam in this one thing just because we were talking about USAID. This is a tweet from Peter Baker, who's an incredibly smart guy. He's got one of the most important journalistic positions on planet Earth. He's the White House reporter for the New York Times. Smart guy, And this is what he tweeted out. Total USAID annual spending to provide food, medicine, shelter, and other services to impoverished countries around the world.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Total increase in Elon Musk's net worth since November election one hundred and fifty six billion.
Speaker 1: And that's the whole tweet.
Speaker 4: Uh, what's the next part because that's completely what really.
Speaker 1: The hell is that? Oh?
Speaker 2: My right?
Speaker 3: And so that lands with the New York Times today, right? Does that land with the New York Times crowd with?
Speaker 1: Oh? Devastating, That's just devastating.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't understand the way you people look at the world.
Speaker 1: It just I can't even wrap my hand around it. Let me this rabbit down its hole.
Speaker 4: So if, for instance, Tesla had had the worst quarter ever and Elon's wealth had dropped.
Speaker 1: By thirty percent, that would excuse or justify a different level of government spending.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't quite get the nexus there, and there isn't one.
Speaker 3: It's just kind of scary sounding, emotion provoking, progressive.
Speaker 1: No, somebody's rich and it's not me, is the whole message. I think. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, the transgender movie thing is great and a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, arm strong. Yeti's very nice to meet.
Speaker 7: I let you know about change up a ratio.
Speaker 2: I see, I see men to women, A woman, two men.
Speaker 4: The feel good hit at the springtime for at least hit music goal.
Speaker 3: Amelia gomet is the female Alia Press is the female sounding voice, the former guy that's now a woman that's nominated for an Oscar.
Speaker 4: It's Zoe Saldana, who's a sturdy and fine actress and unfortunately a completely embarrassing movie a self beclouding. It is the most exquisite self declouning in the history of self declouding Hollywood, driving like the Last Ten Nails in its own coffin by nominating.
Speaker 1: This horrific wreck of a movie for thirteen oscars.
Speaker 3: So this person tweeted the other day we mentioned this yesterday tweet or tweeted a couple of years ago. She had tweets in twenty twenty about George Floyd, writing in a thread that she believed very few people ever carried about the drug addict swindler George Floyd. She also had tweeted out remarks about Muslims, calling Islam an infection for humanity and describing Muslim migration to Spain as a planned invasion. Those kinds of things have got her on the wrong side of the wolf crowd.
Speaker 4: Her being a male, but it makes it very confusing if we don't stay consistent.
Speaker 1: With the pronounce here.
Speaker 4: Also posted once positive once that Adolf Hitler simply had his opinion of the Jews and he was entitled to it.
Speaker 1: So this is the whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 3: You can't say like, that's just your opinion man about Hitler and the Jews.
Speaker 4: Right, So, this brave, brave transgender person who's the first dude ever nominated for a Best Actress in Hollywood is nominated this wreck of a movie for thirteen Awards, just because.
Speaker 1: It's all about the ugly, nasty.
Speaker 4: Murderous cartel boss who longs to be a girl and his plucky lawyer helps him be one and that turns him into a saint. And we'll get more into that. But it's even worse than that. And I mentioned that that Mexican audiences hate it and Latinos in general are not digging it. But I hadn't really fully understood why the flaws of Amelia Perez I'm quoting from an article here in IndieWire were always more disturbing than out dated tropes or it's casting director's absurd suggestion that the production couldn't find qualified actors in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Analogies are imperfect, but to understand why Latinos Latinos are appalled by Amelia Perez, imagine this.
Speaker 1: The Academy lauds a clan.
Speaker 4: Rehabilitation musical like The Klan was really pretty cool themed musical set in the Deep South but shot in Paris. Its non American actors speak in British and Assy accents, and the few black actors are relegated to extras. That's what this movie is to Mexican people, Hispanic people, Central Americans.
Speaker 1: Whatever. It's like. Cartels aren't so bad.
Speaker 4: With no Mexican people, them slaughtering the language, speaking in the wrong accent, and and just like pretending like it's no big deal. Latinos, especially those from working class communities along the border of view cartels as the lowest of the low. These aren't code bound Hollywood thugs like Tony Montana. Cartels show no mercies. They kidnapped, torture, and dismember, including children. They're victims number in the hundreds of thousands with no end in sight. And it's infuriating to see a ward's bodies celebrate a film that repackages suffering as a kitchy telenovella with garish musical numbers.
Speaker 1: Equally frustrating.
Speaker 4: One more sentence is Hollywood's obliviousness to regional class divides, which, uh, well, that's kind of a distraction.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. I'm just noodling this through.
Speaker 3: So and I am appalled by the idea that they put out this trans movie at this moment in time, and Hollywood jumped and gave it the most Oscar nominations in the history of motion pictures. I mean, give me a break. I mean, that's just so over the top, it's ridiculous. But that particular critique about the way they treat the cartels, how's that different?
Speaker 1: Like I was just looking at.
Speaker 3: The latest list of the greatest movies of all time and Goodfellas was in the top ten, and it is one of my favorite movies of all time. How's that not kind of making the mob seem cool and like you kind of wish you were a part of it.
Speaker 1: That would be too long an answer comparing it to this movie.
Speaker 3: I just mean, that's an overall thing where you take something back, you know, like Bonnie and Clyde or Butching Sun Dancer.
Speaker 1: I mean, and that's that gets done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the concept of the anti hero, Yeah, absolutely it does. To be sure, some American outlets did cover the unease among the few Latinos who'd seen Amelia Perez in November, well before the Best Picture nomination, reported that acclaimed Mexican born raised cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto described it quote as completely an authentic. Renowned Mexican writer George Volpi blasted it as quote one of the crudest and most deceitful films of the twenty first century for its sheer incompetence. Even if you believe Latinos are overreacting, the film's blunders are blatant and they go into a list. But I think that it's it's a movie for black people, explaining that the Klan wasn't that bad without black people in the cast. Everybody speaking in aussy and British accents, and they get everything wrong and like dismiss the suffering is it doesn't really matter because this transgender clansman is now a really nice guy.
Speaker 1: Something's what this movie is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and some of them might be the timing. You know a lot of mob movies, if you had shown them in the neighborhoods where the mob was being so cruel at the time it was happening, the people in that neighborhod probably wouldn't thought it was so great, would have enjoyed it the same way.
Speaker 4: And the mob didn't have hundreds of thousands of disappeared victims of just from the general populace, including children.
Speaker 1: Important question, has the Oscar voting happened already?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Because I want them, I want them to give the awards to these people. I want them to go up there and the crowd try to decide if they should cheer or not, and how they're.
Speaker 1: And I hope it's too late. I know with every fiber of me, I hope that.
Speaker 3: I hope they've already voted and this person's already set to win Best Actress.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be The movie has got to win ten Awardes Armstrong and Getty