Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Air trend Rogers. The names mister, I.
Speaker 2: Can't man so Aaron Rodgers the last time we talked about you know, I'm Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm interviewing, and I'm and you're Jim McAfee.
Speaker 2: And you're Jack Orbion as I called you the other day, Jack Warbion, Jack Arbion, and Miles Gore. We're here, nephew of Frank Gore. But like Aaron, so talking about Aaron Rodgers the last time was because he did his achilles tendon like the first fucking play of his Jets career.
Speaker 1: For the sportos out there, this is like one of the great NFL quarterbacks who also has like turned into a anti vaxxer, who lied, you know, lied about whether he had gotten back to everybody saying, yeah, I've been immunized.
Speaker 3: Who did you get the vaccine? I'm immunized.
Speaker 1: I'm immunized. Yeah, no further answers, No further answers, your honor. And then he made a big deal about going over to the Jets, like forced a trade from the team he played for his whole life over to the Jets, and then had an achilles tendon snapog in the first in his first like a couple of minutes playing for them. But he he just he likes to likes to provoke. He likes to get people looking at him and saying, Hey, what's this guy's deal?
Speaker 3: What's this guy's deal? He looks like he should wear ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How old is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How old is he? Do you know?
Speaker 2: He looks like he's mid fifties. He looks like, oh my god, we're the same age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're looking better than air Trenned Rogers. I can tell you that much.
Speaker 2: He looks like his blood type is nicotine or something like. That's how bad his skin looks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So Aaron Rodgers his his Jets played Travis is Kelse's chiefs. Okay, and if you didn't hear the news, whatever is that he's Apparently I said something I read something where like his family was like, it's actually Kelse, but we don't even fucking we don't even.
Speaker 3: Correct people anymore.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, read that when I was like, who is this guy? But anyway, Kelsey Elsie whatever the dude that's with Taylor Swift and the reason why Sunday Night football's ratings have gone through the roof because Taylor Swift is there cheering him on. So the Jets played the Chiefs. The Jets lost, but Aaron Rodgers goes on this podcast, the show Pat McAfee show, to talk about how his Jets, you know, like, I guess we hung in there. But then he goes he's taking shots at old Travis. He said, I think there's some sentiment that there's some sort of moral victoria out there that we hung with the champs and that our defense played well. I mean, Pat, and you know, Patrick Mahomes didn't have a crazy game, and mister Pfizer we kind of shut him down a little bit. Now, why would he say that because Old Travis did a PSA to be like get your VA vaccine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's angry. He's big mad at that mister.
Speaker 1: He's a loser. Did we ever get the details on how he was immunized. Was he immunized through piths, through the ingestion of piths because that was one of the cures, right, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He probably it was probably some form of hydroxy chloroquhen and hydrus e codone. I don't know, just as long as it and hydros yeah, and hydrus the off brand oreos, yes, mixed with you. I prefer to think he does have the vibes of a piss king, like of somebody who uh smells like piss at least, so maybe oh yeah, yeah, there's not a chance that that was why he was immunized. Was because he's been doing urine therapy for.
Speaker 1: A couple years in therapy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like I think it's it feels very salty, like you know, as a guy who was with Chainlan Woodley, you know, you're like, oh, that's a off brand power couple. But I think he had to behold the power of Taylor Swift. And I forget who is it on the team that was saying that the tickets I've gone up forty percent? Was that?
Speaker 3: I think maybe justin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're saying they ticket prices at Chiefs games, I've gone through the roof just for the mere chance of spotting Taylor Swift. So yeah, you and you and Shaneen wasn't doing that, Aaron, Sorry, It's dont.
Speaker 1: Work like that. And maybe he's salty because he drank piss. It's just an outside theory that yeah, yeah, yeah. There's a article in the Washington Post titled the Case for and Against taking your shoes off in the house. I want nothing of this.
Speaker 2: This is like the case for and against ending white supremacy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't know a world we're having your shoes on in the house is a benefit unless it's like something to do with your physical health or like your foot you're conditioning, your feet are in well.
Speaker 1: When I take my shoes off, they just spill in every direction. I feel incredibly soft, like jello.
Speaker 3: The shoes, they're amorphous and the only way to keep the structural integrity.
Speaker 1: Is any shoes. Shoes are non Newtonian liquids, non Newtonian substances, and they if I walk around with that shoes, it sounds like just wet puddles sloshing around.
Speaker 2: It's just like weird, like im I so okay. Famously, you may have heard I'm I'm I'm Japanese, so we don't wear shoes in the house. Uh, And it's just like culturally in an Asian home, it's like no one'll wears shoes in the house because it's mostly because it keeps your house cleaner. You know, if you're not tracking in a bunch of shit, and it's much easier to maintain a home where you're not trotting in with your shoes from the outside world. But like, so when I saw these things like the Washington like, oh, the Washington Post might have a case against.
Speaker 1: It your shoes off in the house or what nonsense, It's like it could hurt your feet because your feet are so delicate because you're mister glass from uh unbreakable.
Speaker 2: Like wait, really, it was so so like they're like, look, the first thing was like, germs really aren't a thing, Like there aren't you know, there aren't like real pathogens.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be like, oh, I laid down on my floor got sick because we have shoes on.
Speaker 2: But like so they're like that's why, like that was sort of a reason for or against taking your shoes off. Yeah, and then the next thing was just like it's like, really hurt your feet, man, it' said. Going barefoot for extended periods can lead to strain on your feet, particularly when walking and standing on hardwood floors.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I asked Aaron Rodgers about that. He said, you actually should shouldn't even wear shoes when you're playing football, it's uh, yeah, this is this is wild. So I grew up in a shoes on household and married into a shoes off household, right, and going back to shoes on household, like when I go home for a holiday feels very very strange to me. Yeah, it just feels feels dirty even if it's not. Which also I feel.
Speaker 2: Bad walking on carpet, especially if I walk on carpet like in someone's home with shoes.
Speaker 3: I'm like, are y'all, oh sure you sure?
Speaker 1: Are we in a public museum? What is happening? Why are we allowing this sort of violence to the carpet? Yeah, it's and also the studies of like you're not going to get sick, it's not going to be like still might get dirty. And also I feel like if you're just like, I don't know how longitudinal these tests are, like it, you know, it feels like it's like kind of a quick.
Speaker 2: Because I mean I know that they got a loose quote from a podiatrist in Silver Spring, Maryland shout out Blair High School.
Speaker 3: But like, I that's like such a narrow case.
Speaker 2: When you look at billions of people across the earth that are not like y'all we had it wrong with the shoes off thing, which got an epidemic of like planter fasciitis.
Speaker 3: Now from dicking our shoes off.
Speaker 1: I will also say, as somebody who grew up in a shoes on household, and like you know, in my throughout most of my youth, my shoes went on in the morning and didn't come off until nighttime. And when they came off, they were stinky. You did not good. My dogs were barking. I am a very sweaty person, so like you know, oh yeah, one of my kids is pretty sweaty, and I think it's a good little break for him to, like, you know, when he gets home from school takes shoes off. He's like, oh, my socks are all wet, and like he takes them off. Rather than just like letting that shit stew pickle them there, pickle them toes them. You want to let them breathe. Let those toesies breathe.
Speaker 2: Foot skin, I see, Like, yeah, if you have like specific to your like balance or feet, sure obviously like you could wear something like that, but like, don't like miss me with this stuff of like have your shoes off and make your feet hurt, like, yeah, I wear shoes so infrequently, like even when I go outside her mask She's like, it's one hundred and five degrees outside, you can handle the blacktop.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I've been doing this, It's okay.
Speaker 2: And now so they say the verdict from the Washington Post wear supportive slippers or indoor only shoes. Oh like mister Rogers, yeah, I think that's but that's right, Like you want to do that.
Speaker 1: No, that's what my Koreat in laws do when we go to their house. Flip they have Yeah, they have slippers. They have slippers for me, They slippers for everyone.
Speaker 2: My mom shamed me for not having slippers at my house, especially when she comes to see the baby and stuff.
Speaker 3: And she's like you really she she she brought her own.
Speaker 1: Now she just parked with to crawl on my hands and knees. I know, this is this what you want from me?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm like, it's fine, Mama, just wear my bare feet or my socks. And she's like, you're so American.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, right, he spits on your floor. Donald Trump's rhetoric seems to be get more violent as he fases more trouble, you know, he said that people should shoot choplift shoplifters should be murdered. Not long before that, he insinuated the military general he personally appointed as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff should be executed for treason. He said that people should go after like one of the clerks, one of the clerks for the judge in his fraud trial. And then there's just also, you know, he shared the courtroom drawing of himself next to Jesus, ansistent counsel or co defendant. Jesus looks pissed and also looks like he's been using the Aaron Rodgers like regimen of pist therapy. Jesus doesn't look great in that picture.
Speaker 2: No, No, definitely not well because he's pissed man. Because look, it's just wild to be like, can you believe it? Me and JC got caught up in a rico trial. Well it's not about the rico, but he's trying to be like, we're out here, we're out here doing taking it on the fucking chin for y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels.
Speaker 2: Very desperate when you're having to evoke Christ as you're co defendant in like a JANKI social media post to try.
Speaker 1: And say, look, we've all been there having to evoke christ as our co defendant. But yeah, it does. It feels like one of those things where we're up close and personal with it because it's happening in our daily news. Like from a distance, it just feels like, Okay, this person is getting more and more desperate, more and more violent, more and more messianic, and a big chunk of the country like claims they die for him. But it feels like we're headed towards the weird thing. Let's call it weird. Yeah, weird, and it's a weird one that yeah, like people like a killer ball, like a killer ball of trash coming towards you.
Speaker 3: You're like, yes, I mean I know that's dangerous, but that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of weird, right, yeah, killer trash weird, and then we get picked up by it and then we're just part of the trash ball.
Speaker 3: Guess what now breaking news.
Speaker 2: Judge Arthur Engern has now basically hid him with the gag order.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a gag order. No, you're not allowed to threaten the people who work for me. He said.
Speaker 2: Personal attacks of any member of my court staff are unacceptable, inappropriate, and I will not tolerate them. Consider this statement in order forbidding all parties from posting, emailing, or speaking publicly about any members of my staff. Failure to abide by this will result in serious sanctions.
Speaker 1: That ames out of your fucking mouth, sir.
Speaker 2: This has been a thing that like common like legal analysts have always been saying, like, ohhen's just gonnaet hit with a gag order, Like this is every trial because he does this every single time. He's like, oh, that judge is a fucking communist, fucking spy or whatever. This time he was saying that Judge Angron's clerk was Chuck Schumer's girlfriend because they took a picture together.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so ok.
Speaker 1: S s I n G said, yeah, you know, I look at these two. The has any has nobody hit him with the gag order yet?
Speaker 3: Is my knowledge? I feel like every because every time we're like.
Speaker 1: Oh, what are they gonna do? What are they gonna do?
Speaker 2: Like okay, or they do and they don't do anything. But this is like, I mean, this feels like it could be something, especially with this judge who already hates his lawyers, and like even this case.
Speaker 3: Is like y'all think we're stupid, like shuck.
Speaker 2: Especially when he's like, there's no lawyer. He's like, y'all, you didn't even ask for one. You said you didn't even want one. You didn't want a jourey, So what the fun? And now you're complaining that, no, we're not doing I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: He did. He did give a nice little nod, smile and nod to the camera. The full house uh music over. It was a nice touch by whoever made that meme. Well done, the Internet. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back, and we want to be a fond farewell to breakfast cereals or some milk.
Speaker 2: Out for this one. What the heck pour some milk out for this one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because so the sales. We did talk about how breakfast cereal sales had gone up during the pandemic, but they've they're back to falling, and they've been falling for some time, despite the fact that, uh, you know, people were going through something during the pandemic, and yeah, you know, in the mood for a meal that was no more complicated to prepare than add milk to bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I hate to see our breakfast cereals go the way of Alicia Keys and just be fallen like that. But you know, I think a lot of us have moved on from I haven't, like I said, I haven't bought cereal in ages for myself. I know you're a big You're a big seri over here.
Speaker 1: You're a big theery in our household. Our kids love it, and it makes sense when you look at how much sugar is just naturally in milk. Of course they love it. They're just like, whoa the best combo, the one, the one sweet thing we get to eat all day. And but yeah, I don't know, like the sales for Branola bars, protein shakes and fast food breakfast sandwiches have gone up to buy your fast food breakfast sandwiches stock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fast food breakfast sanwich futures.
Speaker 1: You want the derivatives. You do want the derivatives, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also the other like big brand cereals such as General Mills and Posts are getting killed by like some of these new generic or private label brands because they so the conclusion of this article is that well, the only cereal that still sells well is like fruity pebbles and cocoa pebbles and stuff like that. So the reason cereal sales are going down can't be health concerns. But I think that's incorrect. I think I think there is still a market for like dessert breakfast cereals, but I think people have like decided that overall it's not like a healthy food for kids, you know, like it's not the thing that you are going to feed your kids unless you're a lazy asshole like me. So like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I think fruity pebbles and cocoa pebbles that's all millennials probably, you know what I mean, Like for sure talking dessert, because like I still have friends who are like scumbags with the cereal. Yeah, will take like a salad bowl as their fucking cereal bowl and like just kill.
Speaker 1: A half a bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then oh my god, like it's better than ice cream, and you're like.
Speaker 1: Can't move after you do that. Though I have experience with us. Yeah, I think it's just like it's not a good way to start your day, Like the thing is designed to be eaten in the morning, and like having a big bunch of milk and sugar in the morning is not a great way to start your day. I'd also missed this, but apparently Tropic Canna tried cereal designed to have oj poured over it, and the takeout reviewed it and said it is not good and in fact, to tie it all back together, does look like your cereal has piss on it. It's just like a weird like one of the key details of Cereal milk combo is that the milk looks good, like next to those colors, you know, like it's like a a fun little.
Speaker 3: Bit of a nice backdrop for it.
Speaker 1: Accidental pop art, you know. And then but orange juice with things in it not so great? Not so great.
Speaker 3: Also, like, what are you gonna you want to sip that weird ass orange juice?
Speaker 1: At the end? No, they tried.
Speaker 2: Hey, you tried, you try, you know, that's all we can ask for our folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sorry about Alabama. There's a police shooting in Alabama that of thirty nine year old Stephen Clay Perkins killed by police. And like the CNN article is like he had a gun. He definitely had a gun, according to police, and they came and he had a gun and that was.
Speaker 2: It nothing else week? But it's like a very murky case because the police say they came to this man's house because they said a tow truck driver claimed he was threatened with a gun. And then when he came out of his home, they said he had a gun with a flashlight on it, and even though he had his hands up, they shot him.
Speaker 3: And like, and that's in neighboring.
Speaker 2: Security camera footage of like him with his arms hands up being shot. Now it looks that the most so a lot of people are like that looks like a flash That doesn't look like he's holding a gun with a flashlight. And so it's very murky right now because also not only that, his family's like, why would a toe truck come to our house? Because a we have literal receipts that he's on time with his car payments. This car was not even eligible, like it wasn't there was no backpay ode on this car or whatever like it was it was up to date. So now they're demand like people obviously demanding the body camera footage to be shared. But you know, Alabama has some cool laws like other states where you know, it's really up to law enforcement. You know, if they're gonna, if they're gonna really give that up, then there's really no other body that can intervene here to get the body footage released and bodycam footage released. And it seems like for now we don't know what the state of that request is going to be, but it would offer a lot of clarity to many grieving people and outraged community members who are like, what the fuck is going on here? If it is what it is, then let's see it. If not, then we need some fucking accountability here. But it's just like another you know, the.
Speaker 3: Second you're like, oh, you know, the things might be getting better, No, they're nothing.
Speaker 2: Nothing changed after you know, three summers ago, unfortunately, and yeah, like like we've seen there's shootings have only gone up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his brother said, this has always been as big as fear being shot and killed by police just being a black man in America. It was this fear, which yeah, of course, of course it would be, you know, like it's it's every yeah, every black man, every black person who you know, leaves their house with that fear in the morning. Like A, I feel like that is underrated when people just think about what life is like you know, oh yeah, this country.
Speaker 2: And like the psychic toll of leaving your home and being like it may happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today, I.
Speaker 2: Think is is like a sensation. I think most people don't understand. And yeah again, well we'll see where this ends up. But you know, there's love. People have been protesting, and you know a lot of like onlookers in the area like outrage because they are like saying, like the local news coverage was like changing like every hour to like accommodate like one version of a police story or their you know, their take on what happened.
Speaker 3: So looking for looking for answers.
Speaker 1: We will see. All right, Well those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, October third. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,