Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance. However, before we get to this week's episode, I want to remind you guys to purchase my book No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power. So feel free to go to your local bookstores preferably queer owned, black owned, or woman owned to support them, but also just click the button on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, or wherever you read your books.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: That is No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power written by yours truly and my co host of the Decisions Decisions podcast, Weezy.
Speaker 2: Make sure y'all get that. Now let's get to this week's episode. This is Mandy B.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Selective Ignorance, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and Iart Radio. Hey guys, you're tuned in too Selective Ignorance. I'm your host, Mandy B. And before we start this week's episode, I encourage you to help us be bet be great by heading on over to subscribe and make sure you get all the notifications whenever we drop new episodes, but also rate us girl, give us five stars, get us queue up in the in the ranking in the tours. Okay, but also if you want to watch the full video, make sure you subscribe to my YouTube page. It's YouTube dot com backslash at with Mandy B. And if you want to support the show, head on over to Patreon. That's patreon dot com backslash MANDYB where you get to listen to these episodes and watch the episodes ad free on top of bonus content. So I blog, I do all the things, and it's a good time now, y'all. This week on Selective Ignorance with Mandy B and of course my super producers, this is not a sports podcast, but.
Speaker 2: We are sharing our opinions, y'all.
Speaker 1: What's the NBA right to Nicks the Magic City promotional night with the Hawks versus the Magic Now that game did take place last night, but we are finally sharing our thoughts of the cancelation of Atlantic culture being presented in an NBA arena and where we see him on it.
Speaker 2: And you'll be surprised to note.
Speaker 1: That we all have a different take on this one. Now, what else is everyone so upset about? Apparently records aren't meant to be broken? Bam, Autobio scored eighty three points against the Washington Wizards, and people don't know whether to be mad at him the coach or the defense of the Wizards.
Speaker 2: But apparently people are upset and bringing up Kobe Bryant in the mix. Too real, real, weird?
Speaker 1: Really well, what's also weird is how people are now aligning Jay Z.
Speaker 2: With being a puppet for billionaire Row.
Speaker 1: He has been mentioned in the Epstein Files and of course in our good old segment This is America.
Speaker 2: This is what we're talking about. Do we care.
Speaker 1: If he knows what's going on? Does he know what's going on? Or is he just around as the.
Speaker 2: Token black guy because you always need one of those.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Then we're getting into Patrick Beverly as well as James Pearce Junior and all of the talk around charges being dropped for athletes. Come on, do we care about women's safety out here in these streets?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 1: Man, Yes, I'm asking that question because it's kind of weird. And then also what's weird is what's happening with Dwight Howard and his now ex wife, Amy Luciana. Dwight Howard filed for divorce this week. Amy Luciana got on the internet with a big old bag of coke and we're discussing some takes around this relationship we have all. Damn, what was I about to say?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: Fuck it? We are here, welcome my super producers minus one.
Speaker 1: We got the og pot legend in the building. Hey, King, would.
Speaker 3: It do about the boy? The older, the sweetest, the truth to tune?
Speaker 4: What what is that's day?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 1: You are so I feel like you're jealous that you're not in a costume right now and.
Speaker 4: Is inside the sentence outside? That's just what did you develop this ib that's like that's left leftree talk.
Speaker 2: Lefree talk talk.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, website for him for leper con porn.
Speaker 3: If you're lucky to be Irish, you're lucky.
Speaker 1: Enough, Okay, I don't know. I'm not gonna hold you up. And King, you're doing way better than I could have. I sounded like a pot when.
Speaker 4: You sound bead at doing patchwad than I do doing Irish.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't even gonna hold you.
Speaker 1: I'm actually Jamaican, a pseudo far okay, y'all. Unfortunately journalism Jason is with them kids. There's some event happening in Jersey today that he said he got to go tend too, And as much as I say for them kids, I'm gonna allow him to be a husband and a father because I still got to not husbands, not fathers. Over here on the pot. What do you well?
Speaker 2: Is this something I don't know?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm childless. I'm childless with all the parential advice.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all, that voice is my guy, the king of headline, Jason jolly.
Speaker 3: My blessing all the yap niggas.
Speaker 2: You were supposed to do that in an Irish accent.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait wait wait wait only because I just found out there were black Russians?
Speaker 2: Are there? Not black Irish?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah niggas everywhere they were black German. Those are the listen, we're gonna we want to do a history of course. And it's playing Jamal O'Sullivan fact. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Lafonso O'Shaughnessy out there out there doing something, you know what I'm saying, Like he's out there somewhere doing something I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now, these don't really These kind of make my my yeah, but they're green as y'all have glasses on again. If you want to watch the video of this, uh Me and Jah are dressed as leprechauns.
Speaker 3: I was coerced. I was, I was.
Speaker 1: I was coerced. By the way, if this isn't the most biracial thing ever. So I come in and want us to dress like Leprecauns, and John's like, but Biggie days today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to represent for Biggie Small, the illest.
Speaker 2: So I told him, you know he has this cape open.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, everybody's gonna keep a real nigga.
Speaker 4: We're gonna keep a real Irish old nigga, and we gonna motherfucking We're gonna represent Biggie Smalls.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. We're gonna took our our buckled hat.
Speaker 4: To the side, like t I p the King of the South, and you know what I'm saying, We're gonna We're gonna keep a real player in here.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 1: I forgot that it was like Saint Patty's Day weekend this weekend until I saw.
Speaker 3: All the the parade till the whites come out.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I didn't know Atlanta could be so bid you.
Speaker 4: Know what the crazy part about it. I saw a bunch of niggas down there too. I saw cheerleading teams and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm like, were allowed to celebrate St Patty's Day?
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, listen, we're supposed to be celebrating sinners.
Speaker 3: There's this possibility that sentators could win a bunch of oscars tonight.
Speaker 4: And how the black people overcame the blood sucking Irish and here we are dressed as the oppressed, as a colonizer, so we.
Speaker 3: Were slips too.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm gonna get into. So do you know the backstory of Saint Patty's.
Speaker 3: I have no idea anything about Patrick's.
Speaker 1: So I looked okay, and hopefully you guys now the day today is actually Saint Patty's Day, So if you're at work or your friends, you could actually be like, oh, let me tell you the history behind this thing.
Speaker 2: Now here's a crazy thing. Saint Patrick ain't even Irish?
Speaker 3: Who is he?
Speaker 2: Bitch?
Speaker 1: Saint Patrick's by the way. Way, by the way, last week after Pott and we went out to eat and they eighty six a couple things and.
Speaker 2: I was like, bitch, and oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize, like, bitch is just a part of my vocabulary.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: AnyWho, So Saint Patrick was actually born in Great Britain. So St Patrick is actually British. Bro you ready, And at sixteen, Irish raiders kidnapped him and made him a shepherd slave.
Speaker 3: Bro Listen.
Speaker 1: Now, after becoming a slave, the nigga actually did get to escape and he then became a Christian missionary.
Speaker 2: Now hear me out, This is the crazy part.
Speaker 1: And he apparently did believe that slavery was a choice because he then decided, you know what, let me go back to the place that enslaved me and preach. So he chose to go back to the country that actually enslaved him to preach the good Gospel. Now, legend says he used the three leaf shamrock to explain the Christian Trinity, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Now, for centuries, it was just a religious in Ireland. And you want to know the crazy part about this. In Ireland when it was celebrated, all the pubs.
Speaker 2: Were actually closed.
Speaker 1: Everything was closed, like you know how like Brooklyn and shit be shutting down deuring like the Jewish holidays and all that Ireland was actually shut down you.
Speaker 2: Could even go to a pub.
Speaker 1: So in the eighteen hundreds, though, the Irish immigrants in the US started huge parades to celebrate their identity, kind of like what we're doing now with Junetie, and in cities like New York and Boston they made it massive. And so now pretty much Irish prayde with American culture equals We're gonna drink beer and we're great.
Speaker 4: I can't think of anything more American than adopting a holiday for capitalism and debauchery.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also I ain't even know, like he.
Speaker 3: Was a slave, so I never didn't know he was a slave.
Speaker 1: He was a slave and then became Christian and then wanted to preach the good Gospel to the people who enslaved him.
Speaker 3: He better than me.
Speaker 4: I'd have went back there with hell fire and pitchforce burned that pitch down.
Speaker 3: This is a selective ignorance past.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 4: So the expectation for you listeners out there is to expect ignorance with a little bit of information. Okay, So I'm going to lean into the Caribbean aspect of this. The Irish Caribbean connection stems from the seventeenth century force transportation of Irish prisoners, indentured servants and settlers to the islands like Monserrat, Barbados and Jamaica under British rule. British always doing function, pretty proud and beating the chest. But it was like y'all got a dark history as well, and a big hand in all of this.
Speaker 3: And this was during the Cromwellian era.
Speaker 4: The history uh this history created a blend of cultures, influencing surnames, music, food accents, with up to twenty five percent of Jamaican's claiming Irish ancestry. The one thing about the Irish though, that I'm glad that in that the Caribbean folks didn't adapt is pretzels, like the big pretzels.
Speaker 3: That's their thing, right, I ain't gonna hold you pretzels.
Speaker 2: No pretzels is German? Ain't it? German? Get you confusing the White Country potato?
Speaker 4: They do potatoes? What does Irish potato?
Speaker 3: Right? Potatoes fix your face?
Speaker 2: Can I tell y'all?
Speaker 1: And maybe this is my mama's caucassidyation.
Speaker 2: She loves shepherd's pie, no person meal.
Speaker 3: I do you want better?
Speaker 4: I will say that that could yeah without knowing you know that. Wow, that was probably made from scrap ship. Well yeah, yeah, Shepherd's Pie, We're going to take the bottom.
Speaker 2: Can you put some ground beef? Do you put some mashed p tiers on top of that thing with some cheese?
Speaker 3: It's the version of it's the version of the designa yeah, pretty much by.
Speaker 1: People know it's given castle role. It's just a differ in the castle.
Speaker 4: This the Shepherd's Pie at Cheesecake Factory is fucking delicious. How about Factor Cheesecake Cheesecake Factory having a lot of dope, Well.
Speaker 2: They should have dope ship.
Speaker 1: It's only a fucking forty five page menu, like they gonna have something.
Speaker 4: If your culture ever invented anything. They selling it at cheesecay Factory.
Speaker 2: Now other other Irish dishes. Mate, it is corn beef and cabbine.
Speaker 3: It it was like it was all over.
Speaker 2: Can you can you okay? Can the mash all?
Speaker 3: That ship is not good for your gas intestinal track?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh Bailey and whiskey.
Speaker 1: I mean listen, I'm here for any celebration to dress in a costa.
Speaker 3: Genis I like guns? You know there's I'm a stout in the Caribbean.
Speaker 4: You Caribbean too, in the Caribbean as a drink, right, my aunt told me, because I'm part Beijing myself. My aunt told me when I was young, she said, when you start dating girls, you're gonna drink this drink you gotta take.
Speaker 2: You're talking about.
Speaker 3: Younnis. That was the first tiger bomb.
Speaker 4: Some carnation milk a little bit and eggs, like like crack the egg.
Speaker 3: And that's not like you're gonna put it in the Yeah, you're gonna go get some shot. The whole band fun up, the whole cheeks like no combinations.
Speaker 4: You blended in the blender and then you drink it and it's supposed to make that's like the pack. I think she was trying to keep you from getting, to keep you from getting somebody pregnant. Oldrian like, let me drink your own kind of concoctions. King.
Speaker 2: That sounds like bubble gus. Yeah, that's outing.
Speaker 1: That sounds crazy and it does say, of course, YOI looked it up.
Speaker 2: It's a Caribbean guinness punch.
Speaker 1: But you also add nutmeg and cinnamon and vanilla extract to that.
Speaker 2: That sounds like dessert.
Speaker 3: That that that's that. But but what did you put that? Get? Like?
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Kick is today y'all Yo, shout out to the Irish frokes man.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I do want to ask you only because in terms of this culture, I know that there used to be a scary movie when I was growing up with a leprechaun that was real scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Caprican was classic, fun nineties.
Speaker 1: Classic, and y'all know, I'm trying not to age this show. And then one of my favorite cereal growing up was that's really all I know about this culture, and I don't. It's it's Lucky charms, Irish. No, that's American. It's General Mills, right.
Speaker 3: The General Mill. Yeah, Irish?
Speaker 2: Do you remember wait? Do you remember?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is gonna be only because commercials used to really do their big one with marketing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, do you.
Speaker 1: Remember the Order of the Marshmallows? No, no, no, don't look it up. But there's a jingle to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was a go ahead start heart.
Speaker 1: Stars, horseshoes, clovers, and balloons, yes, that's yeah, butts of gold and rainbows, Oh my god, end me red balloons.
Speaker 2: I think they say balloons twice if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: Damn, I haven't heard that ship is so long you just took.
Speaker 2: By the way. I don't know if there's a little jing of a viction, clovers and balloons.
Speaker 3: And rainbows, Irish folk.
Speaker 2: Blue moons, okay, it's blue moons.
Speaker 4: Then balloons they have they have like the beers and no mustache, the Irish cats.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, shamans and then be out there by the way.
Speaker 2: I do want to shout out.
Speaker 1: I was just like, I was just told that I do know an Irish, so shout out to Rory. I Also, I also had an ignorant thought. She was like, of course he's Irish, that's where the red hair comes.
Speaker 3: Irish Irish as fu.
Speaker 2: Okay, but do all like, are all gingers Irish?
Speaker 3: I thought he was Dominican, all right, Irish ginger. I know black, I know black.
Speaker 1: Anyways, before we get into all of our sports topics this week, are there any other ignorant thoughts we got?
Speaker 2: Being dressed like lepercuns?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, I had to.
Speaker 4: So I went to go get a haircut that I planned on, that I planned on rocket that I had a nice, a nice haircut that I went and got myself trimmed up for being shaggy.
Speaker 3: And then this nigga want me to come in here and dress and clectic. Don't worry. So now I'm in here in my inclect the outfit. We got some barber essentials over here. You know what I mean? Oh, you know, true, true, true, You're gonna get that freshery later on, you know.
Speaker 4: But so look, so I understand that nowadays, everybody trying to do their business, everybody wants to go viral. Everybody needs the Wi fi to help prop up their economy. I understand that. But I get to the barber shop, I sit in the chair, I'm not even paying attention to nothing. And you know, he asked me what I want to do? Boom, I give him instructions.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 4: He turns around. He started talking real loud. I'm like, why is this nigga talking so loud? All of a sudden, I turn around, this nigga is on live stream in my haircut.
Speaker 3: This nigga's live. So I'm like, at first, I'm looking, I'm like, you're not even gonna.
Speaker 4: Ask me if you if I don't want me free right, that's that's what I want him now. I want him I'm like, oh, so we're getting money today? Like, what you mean we're getting money?
Speaker 3: Money? What you mean you gains? I said, you got your you got your law stream up right here? We're getting money today? Or what's what's going on? Oh?
Speaker 4: No, no, you know, I'm just trying to get my content, right, Yeah, you're trying to get your content? When was you gonna to me reduction in that feet?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like, bro, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You asked me sixty five dollars for this haircut and you want to just make content anyone taking likeness?
Speaker 3: Nigga? What Like? I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think that men deal with that too.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it never happened to me. That was the first time it ever happened to me. And I was like this nigga not even gonna say nothing. He just gonna sto.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you know I love you?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: How how scruffy? Because the only content I see with.
Speaker 1: Men is when they go in looking real bad and then they come out.
Speaker 2: I feel like, how bad?
Speaker 3: No, I was crazy.
Speaker 4: I had picked my whole ship out, so like it was like I looked like I was from the nineteen six Got.
Speaker 2: To hit you with that before and after, and yeah, my beard.
Speaker 3: Was all over the place. He was like the I'm like, oh, what were we doing?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. That's why he put that camera on. He said, I need y'all to watch me watch but it got worse. So I want him about this.
Speaker 3: I'm a chill out. I'm out.
Speaker 4: I'm a chill out. I turned around. At one point the Nigga had two viewers in the live. He talking to you about, Hey, Tony, come down here. I'm like, Nigga, don't nobody nobody's watching this ship? My god, like nobody's watching this ship. Turn his fucking camera off. But then he tries to hit me with the Steve Harvey.
Speaker 2: What's the steve?
Speaker 3: He pull out?
Speaker 4: He pull out the ninety degree angle piece of plastic, pull out the little his little spray bottle.
Speaker 3: It tries to hit me with the enhancements.
Speaker 4: Wait, I got many multiple Yeah, he tried to beaninging me out.
Speaker 3: Now was it liquid or with powder? Liquid? That's not watch all that I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure he sprayed the first I was like, no, no, I got your hairlines, Like, Nigga, I have a hairline.
Speaker 3: My ship is not you try to trade young me.
Speaker 4: Now, like like just line me up and let me go about my business.
Speaker 3: But he tried it. I felt, I felt a type of way about it.
Speaker 2: That's something that y'all have to actually ask.
Speaker 4: For, you to ask for or he's supposed at least ask you, Hey, do you do? Nigga just pulled out and just start going like whoa.
Speaker 3: So this is you, This is your normal barber. This is a guy.
Speaker 4: So I was cutting my own hair for a long time because I was just tired of Barbara, of course, but about two months ago I found this dude. He cut me real quick on like the last minute, and it was a decent cut. Cool, I'll rock with you. So this is the third time I sat in his chair.
Speaker 3: Oka, he's new. He's yeah, he's not enough.
Speaker 4: I said, like, they're supposed to ask you like my barber shot the goose. He he he doesn't do to. There's a difference between the wet and the dry. There's a dry either the dry a spray powder right, the one someone.
Speaker 2: That looks like it's coming out of the spray paint, right.
Speaker 3: But it depends on how they use it. Brush right.
Speaker 4: You could get a line up and they'll just hit enough where and it's just for when you walk out the But the liquid joint, now that's a different thing because it has to have to spray a out of it so it can stay. You're right, and it's gonna wash wash off. I'm like you, and then you might be allergic. You might be hyper allergetic.
Speaker 3: I could be. Yeah. You're not gonna ask no question.
Speaker 4: Do you mind it? They're supposed to ask you. Yo, you mind if I put this? They asked you about alcohol? You you want alcohol?
Speaker 2: Hold you? That's crazy, brof the niggas spend the night on my pillows.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be tight white ship.
Speaker 1: I don't even think like I would be so upset by that. Like if a niggas hair.
Speaker 4: Hairline, imagine after a Mandy session, all that sweat and.
Speaker 3: It went what's the highest and lowest, the highest and lowest? Quick? You know, got poked in your booty and yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: But the great thing, Manny, the thing is too is like if he comes to your crib right after the.
Speaker 3: Haircut with the Beijing you know, I'm not sheets.
Speaker 4: You might not even get a shot thing because mayb you're gonna look at this nigga and be like, what is that in your like not even that?
Speaker 1: Plus he dried up and I'm calling you Carlos.
Speaker 4: They don't like that one in the comments because they was really excited about you.
Speaker 3: They thought you didn't do this for real, y'all.
Speaker 2: Know where full court came.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I forgot every Oh he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that nigga's hair was wiping off on goddamn jerseys.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Like that's crazy. That's a little crazy. I'm not gonna come on, man, come on man, all right, well, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Let's get into I'm glad that you did wipe that shut off because I don't hold you.
Speaker 2: I would have well.
Speaker 3: Camera today, like what are we doing? Right?
Speaker 4: So, Mandy, just so just to add this to most bar is now, not all, but a lot of them, I would say, over the last five years, they've taken the idea of putting ring cameras and ring lights in there, all that right, like the big for content.
Speaker 3: Some of them do it the right way, right post before and after. Some of them don't. In your case, yeah, so that is the thing to me.
Speaker 4: All of those are supposed to be set up ahead of time. You about to come and get a cut, right cool? Can I record this whole thing? We get hot treatments?
Speaker 2: Do y'all say yes? When they asked, can I record you?
Speaker 3: Literally the first time I've ever been recorded at a barber. My barber and the girl who break my hair, they do.
Speaker 4: Uh, they'll do before and after they do from the top, okay, and it's all discussed before.
Speaker 3: It's not it was whatever, right, Yeah, they do it the right way.
Speaker 1: Very very rarely do I say yes, especially if I'm a paying customer.
Speaker 3: But the other people you're familiar with, if I'm.
Speaker 1: Paying, not like my my the person that's been doing my blonde now for five years, Yeah, yeah, you got it, got and she done kept my price, her price from five years ago, because it's like yesterday's price is not today's price, and she kept it, so that works out.
Speaker 2: But for the most part, if I'm a.
Speaker 3: Pain customer now Vietnam, do not before.
Speaker 2: And after me? Baby? What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Anyways, before and after Technically we spoke about before the cancelation of Magic City Night with the Orlando Magic versus the Hawks, and we are now in the after part of that because they have literally one week before the game took place, which was this past Monday, they canceled it. So clownery, Okay, you say clownery. I do want to share something that the AJAC in terms of how they explained why they mixed it. Following the NBA's decision to cancel Magic City Monday, the AJAC has invited the Atlantic community to sit with something deeper in their collect they work as anti trafficking advocates and they've been involved in countless cases where traffickers groon, recorded, or forced women to work at strip clubs and took all of the money that those women earned. So here is the invitation that the AJAC put it to the hawks of the NBA, to city leaders, and to anyone who found themselves thinking about these questions.
Speaker 2: We invite you into this conversation.
Speaker 1: We want to work together, learn from another, and search for real solutions to address the systems that allow exploitation to flourish. Now really interesting because during our conversations the idea of sex trafficking wasn't really brought.
Speaker 2: To our attention. I'm not sure in what space this became.
Speaker 1: The reasoning that the NBA nixed it as much as they just kept leaning into the fact that this is a family brand.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Ironically and hilariously enough, the same week there was a Crown Royal Night that was promoted, and so of course the internet also compared the two, like, are we also enticing children to drink alcohol and make it seem like, you know.
Speaker 3: It's cool and fun?
Speaker 2: And I will say where I sat with this.
Speaker 1: It was just another way that I realized that women are just not celebrated in any of their life decisions. As a sexually liberated being, You're looked at as the most disgusting, most vile person and that there is no reason to celebrate you. And so I know that we leaned into the Magic City wings in the kitchen. I know that we leaned into even the performance element of TI, which t I still did perform and is performing for halftime. But I was just like, wow, this caused such a Sirmind you look the the white boy in al Horford.
Speaker 2: Y'all niggas weren't even gonna be playing at all.
Speaker 1: I don't even know why y'all had to speak to but it like heavily weighed with me that I was like, damn, damned if you do, damned if you don't. But also like a sexually liberated woman is not one to celebrate.
Speaker 2: A woman who chooses this path.
Speaker 1: Is not celebrated, ironically in the same league and amongst the powerful men who are deviantly led by sex, led by lust. I was I will say my opinion on them actually canceling this. The reason why I thought it was terrible is only because they weren't refunding tickets, so a lot of people bought these at an accelerated rate compared to what maybe you could get Hawks tickets for the low but like basically where you could honestly go to a game for thirty dollars, those same thirty dollars tickets were going for two hundred plus. Yep, they didn't issue refunds. And for me, they also let people know a week before, like people have travel plans.
Speaker 2: People were flying in for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is gonna be a thing.
Speaker 2: This was gonna be a huge thing.
Speaker 1: Now I'm mad that they canceled it because again, I've been seeing NBA dancers with they tits and ass in my face since I was a young one.
Speaker 2: I just came on here talking about All Star Weekend, how it's a part of the thing, and I want the sexy girls on the court.
Speaker 1: So this is just like, eh, it's leaning hypocritical to me. I'm curious to know y'alls thoughts.
Speaker 3: I got a problem with this on multiple levels.
Speaker 2: I'm not even the canceling of it or the throwing of it.
Speaker 3: The canceling or the throwing.
Speaker 2: Of this night where do you? Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I have a probably with the canceling of it. Talk, I have a problem with the canceling of it.
Speaker 4: Before I say anything else, I'll say that I'm never gonna rock with the whatever the conservative Christian point of view is, I'm never gonna.
Speaker 2: Rock with that period, no off top.
Speaker 4: I'm on the other side of that, and like a lot of you, niggas are participating in that.
Speaker 3: Like a lot of the reaction to this reminded me of when people.
Speaker 4: See like gay couples, gay sex scenes, gay kissing in movies.
Speaker 3: And how am I supposed to play in this to matildren? You know, ma, children, you gotta be men kissing men, And what am I supposed to say to my children? You could just stop being a punk as.
Speaker 4: Parent and just tell your child, Hey, niggas is gay, so men like men. Some women like women or people love with it, whatever you want to give it as you can keep it real simple.
Speaker 2: And in this case, some women decide to.
Speaker 3: Dance or even if you don't want to go down that route.
Speaker 4: And Magic City is a place for adults. The same way, if your child want to they wanted to go see an L rated movie, you say, hey, you can't go see Diehard too, because that's an adult movie. When you get old enough, you can go, but it is a movie that has violence in it. Or what's it magic City? It's people are dancing and having fun and drinking alcohol. It's it's not for you play for a dotes. It's really that simple. So all of that, like what am I supposed to tell my kids? Like that's some bullshit? Like you say.
Speaker 2: That too, because what about the ones of us with no kids.
Speaker 1: Going to a basketball game is also an adult thing to do too. We go, we like to have fun, we drinking our beers, we eating the bullshit food and we shouldn't eat. It's also, while there is a family friendly element to it, who the fuck is paying for the tickets the adults? So having even this adult centre night is what's the problem. It's like what are we You're catering to both people.
Speaker 3: It was as sanitized as it could possibly be.
Speaker 4: It was just the word Magic City, like there was nothing lude or lurid.
Speaker 3: About to happen.
Speaker 4: But you know, but a lot of these people carry this shit as if something something wild was gonna happen, or it was gonna be something that was going to fuck up the kids, or whatever the case is. But beyond that, I have the real problem I have with it is like this slick ass wording that they try to use to justify what they're talking about. They keep talking about exploitation and trafficking unless you have a specific charge that you're levying against Magic City or a woman that's coming for you saying this shouldn't be doing this because XYZ woman has come forth to say she's being trafficked, whatever the case is, to just put that on.
Speaker 3: Magic City is a legal business. It is.
Speaker 4: Magic City is not a speak easy, it's not a juke joint. It's not some down low yet to find. If you know, you know, this is a legal business that have been paying taxes and operating this city forty years.
Speaker 3: It's not a criminal enterprise.
Speaker 4: If you don't like the idea of strippers and sex and all of that. Then that's fine, But your religious dogma doesn't have nothing to do with what businesses and corporations should be doing or what you should be doing with your own kids. Like, you make those decisions, and those are your decisions. But to try to make it like Magic City should be looked into for like a rico charge because they're trafficking women. Those are grown ass Black women who made grown ass decisions about what they want to do. Yeah, and your Christian conservative lens is so myopic that you think you can't even fathom the idea that a woman would want to do sex for money in your mind, that's unfathomable unless you're being tricked or being coerced in some kind of way. And it's like, no, black people aren't stupid. People can make their own decisions, and if these women decided to dance to make their money, that's their decision. They don't have nothing to do with you. Don't use Jesus as the spiritual shield for you to practice your ism, your misogyny, or whatever your thing is. Like to me, that just makes me think that you don't think much of these black women because you think basically, they're too stupid to do this. There's no way they would do this unless someone was making them a victim of something.
Speaker 1: And what I was looking up real quick too, did these charges because even in terms of trafficking, that was like a question. But like all these athletes and flew out some women for some pussies.
Speaker 2: Like Zion.
Speaker 1: I think that that's the other conversation that is, like, if we're really leaning on caring about these women, and then why is there not in any sort of approach to making sure their players aren't in these establishments or making sure that the league is not attached or associated with any mind you fucking Paul George's wife now, which don't know how they made it. There was a stripper from Tutsis and he tried to offer her mad money for an abortion.
Speaker 2: They not got four kids and they're married.
Speaker 1: But like a lot of these men are also married to former dancers. They go and celebrate at these plays.
Speaker 4: All those popular players in the league have been seen in strip clubs, taking pictures, in music videos, in strip clubs, all kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: You have a person that now also is an analyst and speaks about the game who literally has a wing flavor named after him in this establishment?
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts? You're with them canceling it?
Speaker 3: Yes? Explain why? Sure? Explain why?
Speaker 4: Why are we surprised in the society we live in today would accept that we have to play ball.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: They accept everything we gotta play right that that they accept everything else that they can control.
Speaker 3: Right. Since we're doing St.
Speaker 4: Patti's right, We're going to give you some Irish translations.
Speaker 3: Here we go. They don't want the dark little ones.
Speaker 4: The dark little ones want them running up in the State Farm Arena with the aura and energy of what Magic City represents.
Speaker 1: Do you think I was about to say, you've been.
Speaker 2: I see uteruses and cheeks on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: So many areolas.
Speaker 1: They dress so like if if we really cared about this being a family friendly thing.
Speaker 2: Now we're about to sound real old job.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you State Farm Marena would at least have a dress code, because baby, you are seeing coochie lips and as cheeks.
Speaker 2: You're a regular Milwaukee Bucks game right.
Speaker 3: But a few things.
Speaker 1: The establishments ran by a black man.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, I'm not telling my magic the NBA the product.
Speaker 4: Okay, they have border directors and they have all these other layers and advocate for these type of knights and whatever. I could see a scenario where somebody was in that board like yo, you know, but we could frame it differently, and it was probably some like I don't know, from them for them, and they said all right, they greenlited. But now possibly corporate sponsors who don't like the dark looked through ones, right, they probably like, yeah, you're really going to do this ship. Yes, we know it's not the strip of stripped thing, but boom, it's the energy, it's the aura, it's the what it represents. I know it's contradictory because of what you said, right, but they ultimately have the when it comes to us and that ship, it's just we're never gonna be on the winning side of that conversation, so we shouldn't expect to have it.
Speaker 3: The fact that they say yes and was able.
Speaker 4: To pull that back and say no, that's that's haha.
Speaker 3: We still run this ship, niggas. I feel like they don't.
Speaker 4: I feel like they care about money more than they care about all of that. And this Magic City Night was already basically what you're talking about with the inflated tickets.
Speaker 3: They were about to make a bunch of money.
Speaker 4: And you know what would have been the headlines on Tuesday morning, That administration that's creating these conflicts abroad. They would have focused on that with long ass Twitter feed.
Speaker 3: It's over there.
Speaker 1: I mean, but but Trump got something to say about every motherfucking thing.
Speaker 2: Don't know how to get that what the Orange SHEETO got to say?
Speaker 4: I think we do because we know there's gonna be some outlandish ass ship. I don't even think I think that like Luke Cornett and our war for coach signing it, Richard Jefferson talking about it on on D one making this song and his music video, and.
Speaker 2: Either Today.
Speaker 3: Is lame.
Speaker 1: I literally had D one. I was like, are you serious? Because he was doing so much. I was like, are you really upset like with this? Like I was, I was concerned, but this was we think the opposite on everything. But I was like, there's no way you're really this upset about this night.
Speaker 2: But you're right. He put out like three songs.
Speaker 4: It was like.
Speaker 3: Proud of himself.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, so culturally, do we lose anything by not having the night?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it's I don't think we lose.
Speaker 4: Okay, but no, I don't think it's a matter of I don't think it's a winner lost thing for the culture. If Atlanta was a top seed team in the East, do you think it would have they would have DoD Yeah, I think so too. I think if they were the top three seed.
Speaker 2: Wasn't even a televised game, was it?
Speaker 3: No? Probably not?
Speaker 4: And and also let's be super clear about this, like this, this was conceptualized by a rich, rich, rich white woman. M So, this wasn't no like old niggas think they're gonna pull the wool like. Jamie Gertz is the principal owner of the Atlanta Hawks. She produced the Magic City documentary, and she is white as white, white white.
Speaker 3: She's from Let me.
Speaker 4: So like, this wasn't no ship where niggas was trying to pull the wool over the eyes.
Speaker 3: Jamie ger like you like frosh.
Speaker 2: She looks like she has three biracial kids.
Speaker 1: I don't want a bunch of Jalen's but.
Speaker 3: A bunch of Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know who her husband is, Tony Wrestler, Okay, okay, yeah, it smells like her and the people at the Hawks.
Speaker 3: The conception that really put this thing together.
Speaker 4: This is not no like Nigga, this is like something that she genuinely doesn't feel like there's a problem with it. And so like again, I'm never gonna be on the side of the Christian conservative POV like once that comes into play, I'm out because all that shit is is a shield to just practice whatever it is you want to practice and hide behind Jesus and say, what is what Jesus? What's Jesus business? You ain't Jesus yo. Miss Gertz, Hey, listen, we support you. And if you ever want to take us out to Magic City because you eat wings with Jamie gert said, we will.
Speaker 3: Happily accompany you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: She's they said she's eight billion dollars richer than Oprah Winfrey.
Speaker 1: Now let me ask let me ask both of you all the questions. Let me ask you both of you all a question a king specifically, actually, since you have more of the conservative lends here. No, I'm curious if Magic City is something that you don't want celebrated.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else that you feel like would cause this much outrage?
Speaker 3: Be me clarsified not that I want it.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, let's look at it from the lens of the powers that be who are in control of this thing, and why we should manage our expectations when it comes to these asks from those people. Because you mentioned it and when you was saying, you know that you was for it, that the Christian conservative society is not going yeah, so we shouldn't expect them to go no. But yeah, but they'll tolerate. But it's ship But but that's my problem though, the hypocrisy of it. Be like a sin is a sin is to say, if you're that Christian, you're that about the Bible, and you're that about Jesus, A sin is a sin is a sin. Technically, Jesus doesn't look at you opening your pussy lips any different than he looks at murder or stealing or lying. It's all the same. A sin is the sin is all of this inens you the hell. So the idea that this sex is weighted differently, so much weighted differently in it's this society where these people try to act as if sex is like the worst sin. If you're horney, if you're lusty, if you have any of that on you like, that is the worst thing you can be. If you're a whore harlot, that's the worst thing you can be. You can work your way back from all the other.
Speaker 2: Jebel They don't want to have the Jezebel.
Speaker 3: Sphere right, no more?
Speaker 4: Okay, fine, but it's like y'all are treating sex as if it's very different and the only thing that I can I can the only way I can rationalize that is through misogyny.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you that this reminds me right now?
Speaker 1: I think more people talked about this promotional night than they have any other game this whole season. This got more press than All Star weekended a thousand and this is where I'm like, is the game right now that bad? Because this past week the conversation was about Bam one Bio scoring eighty three.
Speaker 2: First off, I've been doing this for a little shit. I know how to do a little transition.
Speaker 4: I was I was gonna add something to repent.
Speaker 1: Well, everyone has now been upset with this eighty three point game. Yes, that Bam had now here is what the critics have focus on. I'm going to bring up with the critics and folks on then we'll share our thoughts and see where we fall on the mix. By the way, Google has compettis when you.
Speaker 2: Look him up.
Speaker 1: If you were literally at your desk right now typing Bam out of bio because a lot of you probably don't know.
Speaker 2: Who this nigga is. We'll get into that too.
Speaker 1: He now here is the criticism the fact that Abayi stayed in the game during the blowout to chase the record, that the heat intentionally fouled and created extra possessions to help him score more, and that he attempted forty three free throws, which fueled accusations of stat padding. Now head coach Eric Spoltra defended defended the decision and said that he apologizes to absolutely.
Speaker 2: No one period.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, I was laid out with my nigga and he was like, he was like, yo, did you see what Bam did tonight?
Speaker 3: And I was like nah.
Speaker 2: He was like, if you had to guess how many points he.
Speaker 1: Scored, what do you bet LIKEA I said thirty eight, which is ironic because.
Speaker 2: Said thirty eight. So he goes to pull up. He was like, don't look at the video. Don't look at the video.
Speaker 1: He goes to screenshirt things so he can watch it on TV. And so we watched him score every point. If I'm not mistaken, he had thirty eight like in the first quarter. Something stupid thirty something in the first quarter. So we keep watching it. Halftime comes, I think he is I don't know, sixty maybe.
Speaker 2: At the half something ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And as I keep watching it, he's in his seventies. By the third quarter, they're up by twenty something points, and I was like, why is he still in the game. I literally asked this question, said, why is he still in the game? Any other star player starter, if you are up by this much in a game by this point.
Speaker 2: Bow out gracefully.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what happens, and you sit chass down, and then you watch a whole bunch of niggas that never get in the game throw bricks at the goddamn courn Okay, So I was like, Wow, he's still in And so then as we're in the fourth quarter, all the way down to the last minute, we see him chasing this record. Now the record is, of course Kobe Bryant, who scored.
Speaker 4: Eighty one and second Chamberlain Will Chamberlain, Yeah, don't count he scored over one hundred.
Speaker 3: We're not here. We're not do we not No, we're not getting no, no, we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: We're not doing what.
Speaker 4: We're not going. That's the problem. The Frameman has been crazy because people keep talking about Kobe's record. I'm like, Kobe, we don't have no record.
Speaker 3: Kobe was number two. You don't get on record for being number two.
Speaker 4: But at this nigga as if he did the thing, like no, no, no, no, Well Chamberlain did the thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, well in a different era, a very different eraror very different era.
Speaker 3: This caveats to all of this.
Speaker 1: By the way, real quick, real quick, if I'm not mistaken, now, Will did score thirty one points in the fourth quarter and fifty nine in the second half. Right, But what was different about the game back then as to why we questioned it, because I see.
Speaker 4: They wasn't doing three points every fucking shot a two point range game and all that layups, real ship, And then people always make the argument about the level of athleticism, how good the players were in a certain area.
Speaker 3: You only play who was in front of you, right, You can't. You can't.
Speaker 4: That's why you can't compare when it's the when Jordan was playing a lot of hand checking. There's no hand checking now, right, So the theory would be it as easier to score a buckets now. So plus, if it was that easy, a bunch of Nigga would have scored a hundred points.
Speaker 1: A lot of them have scored seventy's a lot of seventy points.
Speaker 3: Three every shot.
Speaker 2: Quite a few players who have dame. Okay, now you said who gets credit for being number two? I did have a thought about this. Do you also.
Speaker 1: Feel like everyone was so upset that he chased this record because of the untimely passing of Kobe, and how we still honor Kobe.
Speaker 2: And we liked that Kobe got that.
Speaker 1: It's like, I feel like that's a part of it because I'm just like But also, if we compare the two, right, I don't think this much criticism comes from a Curry if he gets it. I don't even think if kd gets it, it comes from that if Jalen. I think also the fact that a lot of people this isn't a popular in the league, not even their highest scoring all Starry, He's not.
Speaker 2: A super star.
Speaker 1: Three Now, for me, I thought it was cool. I say, eighty three kind of cool. I do think he should have went out, so I get a little bit of that upset. I didn't expect the outrage that I've seen online around it, because records are meant to be broken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna happen. What is two things? A bam had seventy by the third or so.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like they just did some bullshit at the end and gave the nigga forty five points in the fourth quarter end to try to make something crazy. He was already whooping these niggas ass As a solo individual performer, they couldn't do on. He was just on, and once he got to a certain point, I was like, okay, you could have taken him out. But also, this kind of thing happens in sports all the time. When when Michael Strahan got the sack record to beat Reggie White, when Ritt Fark just like basically collapsing straight hand touched his shoulder, I got a sack.
Speaker 3: I break the record.
Speaker 4: This happens all the time in basketball other sports where if you're that close to it, your teammates and your coach, if you're that close to it naturally, they want to help you out, get.
Speaker 3: You to the over the top.
Speaker 4: But Kobe, there's a big reason, Like niggas love Kobe, and like they can't world something too.
Speaker 1: Because you mentioned him outing seventy and the third y only pulled something up. But the fact that Wilt Chamberlain's game also wasn't televised. People imagine it as a pure one hundred with uninterrupted domination from start to finish, right, But people are saying that there is also a historic number of people that attended the arena that said it was very reminiscent of what Bam.
Speaker 3: Did didn't during that time.
Speaker 2: Where they pretty much let him.
Speaker 3: You can't one hundred points with no help, Like nobody's that damn about.
Speaker 4: I think like the players identify that he's on a different sphere right now. Yeah, and they just kept feeding the beast until and once they saw there was a there wasn't any disruption and how he was playing.
Speaker 3: He's, yo, we're just gonna le him, let him have it.
Speaker 4: And I think once you get to seventy two as a coach, he's like, you know what, I'm not going to I'm not going to stand in the way. It is now, I don't I think. Now, let me ask you something. If I don't know how he revered Kobe, but I know other players they hold Kobe to that godly If it was one of those players, if they had a guy to eighty two, you think they would have just said, yo, I don't want to break my man's right.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Eighty one, eighty one, sorry eight, you think they would have fell back?
Speaker 2: Good question, would you beat your if you love?
Speaker 4: If you love Kobe Bryant, I was a Kobe hater mind to I want to see Kobe lose every single game he ever because what though, because he was so good?
Speaker 3: No, I just thought he was a sucker. Oh him. We'd be a sports fan and just be like, oh, fuck him.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying, but here's the thing about it, Like, no, if you love Kobe Bryant like that, and you're in the mama mentality, Kobe Bryant is gonna shoot you in your forehead in front of your grandmam, and.
Speaker 3: It'd be like, all, well, nigga, that's Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 4: So like you can't bitch up because like that's what Kobe would want you to.
Speaker 3: Over and it is what it is.
Speaker 4: So if you're a Kobe fan like that, that's what you're supposed to got a hot take.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm glad. I'm not.
Speaker 2: You're just mad because this would have been a clip.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The FBA community is here, we go, there we go. Uh. Kobe was born in Italy. Bamit the FBA before you even right the NBA. Nigga want Italy Millennium side is the straight American?
Speaker 2: They say Philly, right, they say Lower Mary just like Lower Marria.
Speaker 4: He's from He's from Philly, all right to you whatever house Lower Marion to South Philly like to Beanie Sea on them.
Speaker 3: Lower Marion is like.
Speaker 4: Like if I want to see how nigga in the same way that that Almeretta was like, if you're from Riverdale, nigga, you're not from Atlanta.
Speaker 3: How far is Riverdale from Atlanta? Twenty minutes? Riverdale is right? Airport is the airport college park? Right? So Kobe right there he was down with state property a little bit. So Bam is Nigerian?
Speaker 1: Oh got Kobe Bryant was not born in Italy. Was born in Philadelphia, So so the FBA community. He moved to Italy when he was six, So my SI and he got there. Thanks for Thanks for yeo me with the fact check.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead with your hot taking.
Speaker 4: The foundation of Black Americans. Are not the happy that this Nigerian born NBA player broke this foundation of Black Americans right because they're not going to appreciate the historical context of.
Speaker 3: Being ahead of Kobe the right way, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So with those same FBAs have endured Kobe dealing with white women, They've been cool with that.
Speaker 3: Time in circumstance. Time opportunity creates circumstance.
Speaker 2: It's funny because he brought up the white woman.
Speaker 1: I actually loved this Nigerian king brought his woman to the podium.
Speaker 2: Right there.
Speaker 1: Was happy because mind you, there was also people talking about that, but they don't be saying nothing about these badass kids that be being brought to the podium.
Speaker 2: So I love that he brought his black woman and.
Speaker 1: Sat her to take in on this celebration with us. I thought that that was really dope. And she also holds the record of a highest scoring game for.
Speaker 3: The w W.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I was bullshitting with the what I said, But the thing is, it's primarily because of the Kobe fandom. Yeah, and we thought that that record would never or that that his position would never be no one would ever be number two. Yeah, I mean, Jackson Jr. Was mad as hell that Nigga was on a crazy Twitter rant going in about how angry he was.
Speaker 2: That that was really weird.
Speaker 3: No, but that's but that's just just that just goes to show how much we're invested in our favorite players.
Speaker 4: That's just what Jordan's same thing with Jordan's Jordan is that's what and Lebron, those are those are.
Speaker 3: People stand out for them.
Speaker 1: This was this I will say what I thought about this and why it was so interesting to me is because the league is so heavily invested, and a lot of you are heavily invested in the gambling aspects of this. So we're actively seeing teams tank right now, yep, so that they can have higher picks in the lottery or.
Speaker 3: Right. And and I bring up this this scenario with the Washington Wizards.
Speaker 2: Where's the competition and the Wizards even wanting this to happen against.
Speaker 4: And they just got Antonio and Anthony Davis and so y'all not going to play these guys could did they no, no, no, because they want to do exactly what you said, which which was which Adam Silva addressed, and he said, next year they'll be implementing right anti rookies. And oh, in regards to the free throws, that bam bam can't call us on files, that's true too, like the bamb can't call.
Speaker 3: Us on foule.
Speaker 4: So if the refs called that many files, is that abnormal? Hell yeah, that's abnormal. That's because the other team was trying to stop him, trying to stop him for getting the record, So it's like, what do y'all want him to do? Like plus, not to mention he only scored eighty three, but the nigga between free throws and field goals and three pointers, he missed like thirty shots. Like he was like twenty for forty. It was crazy seven for twenty two, so he could have scored a hundred soft. I got to see a hut. It's easy.
Speaker 3: Country ass Atlanta ass.
Speaker 4: Anthony Edwards asked, oh, gosh, did the balls in your court?
Speaker 3: Bro? You gotta get eighty five? Now what? At some point within his career he got to do you know what's crazy?
Speaker 2: The last person I want celebrated. Why, oh, Anthony ed nigga?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: First off, he's not a present father, he has accuations.
Speaker 2: Against him with women.
Speaker 1: The fact that they keep trying to make this nigga also the face of the league is crazy, Like I think true, It's just weird that this is who we have as someone to to platform right now, Like mind you, Well, the league just wants to keep talking about how corny Jalen Brown is. He's he's right now being discussed as number seven for the MVP options. That's insane, And it's just like and then and then also the whole league talking about how boring Jason Tatum isn't why he don't didn't get accolades. Yet there's no controversy around him. He clearly brings his brings deuce to every game. But yet we want to keep making the face of the league Anthony Edwards, who said here goes your money for eighteen years, I don't even want to be a part of that baby's life, and then to made kids with x y Z Elementop. We want to keep talking about Nick Cannon making all these broken homes.
Speaker 2: Yet we want to platform Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 1: As the face of the NBA while also not allowing us to promote Magic City. The hypocrisy and all of this is like we care when we do, but we don't when we don't.
Speaker 3: And that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Even you want to, I don't want.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I was unaware about the uh that stuff. Honestly, I wasn't. I knew he was a deadbie dad.
Speaker 1: He was a super dead Bee dad and literally literally took took the woman to court and said, I'm gonna pay you this much money for eighteen years.
Speaker 2: Here you have it in one lumps some payment.
Speaker 3: I don't never, never ever talked to me.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to be in this child.
Speaker 1: Life wild that is that is nuts, and that's the person we interesting.
Speaker 3: I didn't make the league.
Speaker 4: And he says it too, he said that's why I was drawing that from his assessment of himself.
Speaker 3: But I will say this, though.
Speaker 4: The when it comes to that face of the league thing, I feel like there are standards of morality that you can get away with that aren't necessarily crimes that they will still give people platforms too, Like you can be a bad person and not necessarily have committed a violent or sexually related crime, and they will still be like, Okay, he's an asshole that has some asshole ship with him, but like we'll still that's.
Speaker 3: His business, that's not our business. Right, they're separated. They will separate that ship in a heart.
Speaker 1: Now, let's be very clear. Anything in regards to mistreatment.
Speaker 4: Of a woman, they're more than happy.
Speaker 1: Like the fact that we are celebrating even doctor Dre constantly becoming he just became a millionaire. But the celebration of doctor Dre, Yeah, multiple women that came out and said that he would be what cares. No one cares about dead beat dads. No one cares about abuse. There's no like if you were great at basketball or rapping or making beans, that's of.
Speaker 2: Being a bad person in those spaces. It just is what it is.
Speaker 1: I mean to be honest with you. That leads us to our next fucking topic. Like James Pearce Jr. There are literal videos of James Pierce Junior literally refusing arrest, going against seven cops, being aggressive in front of a police station, tried to run over not just any woman but also a well known woman.
Speaker 4: And more famous than him, and yeah, so I see the video. That's I read. I read, we read last week, we read everything, but we.
Speaker 1: Now no, no, no, there's video of him resisting arrest. Mind you, he tried to hit her with his lambeau in front of the police station.
Speaker 2: Now, y'all.
Speaker 1: Atlanta Falcons rusher James Pierce Junior had four charges brought against him by the Miami Dade State Attorney regarding the February incident with NBA player Rakia Jackson. The twenty two year old Pierce, who did play at Tennessee, has been charged with only three felonies. Those charges are aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, fleeing and e looting police, and resisting an officer. However, the fourth felony charge, which is aggravated stocking felony aggravated stocking was just switched to misdemeanor. He was arrested and held over night, but of course was even given a bond and posting twenty thousand dollars and was released. So he's since been released.
Speaker 2: He harassed her, he chased her down with his vehicle, tried to hit her, and is out out free sleep in his own better.
Speaker 3: I mean here's the thing, right, Like, and we are moving from.
Speaker 2: The NBA to the NFL.
Speaker 1: But I think, like I said, overall, I combined even again, rappers, producers, anyone who is seen as great even within our community and beyond. Right because sports is not just limited to black the black community, but when you were great at something, the things that you do kind of get looked over.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, And like James Pearce Jr.
Speaker 4: There's no there hasn't been any word whether the Falcons will cut him. I think I think he will get cut ultimately because I don't know that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Wait, there's a lot happening with your team. Did they just cut because of some other behavior? Wasn't a coach or something just cut from the Falcons?
Speaker 3: He was?
Speaker 4: He was like he was a not even assistant coach. He was like a I think he was a not a wide receivers coach. I forget what his position was. He was like a film random film room but something like that. But yeah, he got he got cut for it was some type of sexual text that he sent to some woman or harassing somewhere with all types of pictures and photos he was sending the US some wild shit.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he got sent home.
Speaker 4: James Perce Junior will probably get cut the charge that the two serious charges that was going to probably land him in prison were dropped. So I don't know. I don't know how they'll do their calculus on that, but I think for their I think they have to cut them A because of the behavior. B because you're not going to be able to really justify this beyond just like we don't care. And I don't know if Arthur Blank has the stomach for we don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I did want to add, By the way, the coach was Troy Lewis. He was the estas defensive line coach and he recently got let go after following reports of sexual assault, rape and physical battery from a December twenty twenty four incident with a staff member at the University of Michigan.
Speaker 3: He was because he was Sharon Moore's home.
Speaker 2: More also, and I think we discussed it. They dropped all of those charges, Yeah, because they found some holes in.
Speaker 3: The plutnsistency with the girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some inconsistency, some some police dereliction of duties that they didn't do their part. I mean, that's the thing you can get away with a lot of crimes if all the things aren't in place, even if you did that ship, like, yeah, how horny can you be that you just lose all your fucking coof like you just said, oh, just fuck it. I mean with all the cameras and surveillant chats and technology that you're going to get away with any of this ship.
Speaker 3: Well, self controls at an all time low.
Speaker 4: At all time in society at large, self controls are all time low, and lust is probably on the top of the list of things that.
Speaker 3: People had less zero control over.
Speaker 4: They just they just their whole life radiates on do our busting up today or not?
Speaker 3: And that's a crazy way to live your life, right, Because.
Speaker 1: I just also think that there haven't been enough healthy conversations, not only around consent, but men are pushed to explore, not even exploring, just having sex, and women are pushed to protecting it and feeling shamed by it. And so I think when you have the upbringing of those two contrasting ways of viewing sex, as we get older, there's confusion and how to receive it, how to give it, what's old to you, what's not old to you, how you show up in the bedroom, how to communicate when you're uncomfortable, and so this is where we have now we have adults navigating off of not knowing what the fuck they're doing or feeling entitled to certain things. And then unfortunately, when you're a man with money access power, like we're seeing with these celebrities, you also don't really get criminalized.
Speaker 3: Do we blame rap music for this?
Speaker 2: I did not say that.
Speaker 3: I'm asking no, Like what inspires the behavior?
Speaker 2: To me?
Speaker 3: It's fucking bitch hole.
Speaker 1: But it's patriarchy because they say the same ship in rock music and ship like that, like I did it all for the nookie, Come on the nookie, come on so you.
Speaker 3: Could take that.
Speaker 1: Eat ch ass Is that a song?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 4: You're a line somebody the red jalapenos.
Speaker 1: Anyway, red chili peppers, that's it? Does not yell all eat your asshole.
Speaker 4: The AI version red hot hallopeno sounds like a euphemism for asshole.
Speaker 3: That's what I was like, what are we doing? It's the AI versions the AI version right now?
Speaker 4: But no, I'm just trying to think what contributes to I mean, obviously ship starts.
Speaker 3: At the home, but I think a lot of the behaviors.
Speaker 1: Learnedous, you know, the ignorance that and why I hate that line of questioning is because it it makes it appear as these crimes, these assaults are only happening within our community and aren't a problem at large. And for me, we know, like these crackers out here doing some goofy weird shit too.
Speaker 2: I mean shit, look at Brothlisberger that he had all the charges against him and nothing really happened.
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, I want to focused on our community because we got to take care of us, right, what how do we remedy this is because our women.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying all women.
Speaker 4: Are not being impacted by this, but people that we we shouldn't know women that got assaulted at all.
Speaker 3: This shouldn't happen. We know way too many. But to me, it because.
Speaker 4: Comes down to like your personal responsibility accountability, Like I'm not going to outsource blame for this to anywhere other than the people who do it, and they're rationale for doing it. To me, doesn't really matter, it's all it's all degenerously. So it's like but with power, with power and money, yeah, and being able to take advantage of these situations or just not even if then I even if it's not a money and power thing like sexual assault, touching a woman, grabbing a woman, doing whatever you want to do, I think that you're enable to do. Like, that's a problem with you, rapist, that's the problem with you. Pussy grab her, that's a problem with you.
Speaker 3: Like a dude that be filming women is like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Hear me out.
Speaker 1: This becomes a bit tricky because when we talk about holding our community accountable for things that we deem to be quote unquote wrong, right, we also have a Patrick Beverly who his fifteen year old sister was in the home or in a bed alone with her eighteen year old boyfriend. Now, clearly we have conversations to about age gaps and things that are appropriate and not appropriate, and we talk about women at the age of fifteen not really being able old enough to consent to sex, and you know it's and so former NBA player Patrick Beverley was arrested on charge of assault for family violence and household and pending breathing. Basically, he grabbed his sister by her neck and picked her up off the ground. Now this was him probably instilling some sort of fear into her that what you're doing is wrong. And so I think that again that leads to the conversation of how do we even change in our community? When growing up it's belt to ask. Growing up, it's seeking revenge on Oh, if you come and fuck up my family, I'm gonna come and fuck up yours. Even when we get into street code, right, the conversation is not letting justice handle it, but that we gonna deal with it. We're gonna like we're our own vigilantes within our own community. A lot of times, and so when it comes to the conversations on how how do we go if we literally go all the way back to you got a whooping, getting a spanking, that's how we're taught to even administer any sort of consequence.
Speaker 3: They don't do about to ask no more.
Speaker 1: They absolutely do about to ask, Oh, there's a there's a choke, there's a punch, he whooped, his sister asked. But but again, if you are the older brother, let's be very clear, A lot of times there's this fatherly like expectation of how you yeah, and you might feel like we siblings and we fight, and how many times have we as siblings fought so then it's also like are we in that era where now siblings can't fight?
Speaker 3: La?
Speaker 4: But I think there's a fine line between YO, get somebody up and trying to you know, mediator situation when you see your little sister and an older boy the punching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's another thing. The mom called Patrick to come over and handle the situation right.
Speaker 4: But when you do that, the intention behind that was probably from a you know, I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I need I need a male.
Speaker 2: I need a man. But that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Whatever, I don't know what he saw to make him do all of that. I can't put myself in the shoe because I wouldn't. I wouldn't put no hands on my sister like like it'll be some form of I'm here, we're gonna stop whatever's going on, and we're gonna find a solution.
Speaker 3: But not to that level.
Speaker 1: But here's my question growing up right if unfortunately, and this is another thing that probably is not instilled right within our community, the mom lets.
Speaker 2: The like a father.
Speaker 1: When there is a father figure on the home, we're taught to fear the dad. Wait till your daddy wait to your daddy get home. Oh, your daddy gonna handle you, or you don't want to make your dad upset. So a lot of times, unfortunately, even in the upbringing, and that's when there's a father figure in the home, the father is the one who instills the punishment or puts belt, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 1: But so when we're talking about these conversations on how we can really change that within our community, it has to be that there can't be fear instilled by men even from a very young age when and again that's when a father figure is in the home. Outside of that, when we're talking about older men, even in how they instill sexual deviance in little boys, it can't be to teach these boys to go out and chase tail at eleven and twelve years old, and for a girl to be shamed about her sexual you know, desires or things like that, Like we are taught to be shamed for arousal, for wanting sex, for having sex. Oh, if you are a girl that ends up fast sucking any type of dick through school, you are a Jezebel and you're scorning.
Speaker 2: You have the scarlet letter on you forever. The boys y'all. Y'all are high fiving each other for having sexual experience.
Speaker 4: Those dynamics are in play here. So here's what I say. First, I don't know, I can't call whether there's clearly two different stories, right, Like Patrick Beverly is telling his side of the story. He said, he's saying he didn't do any of the things his sister is accusing him of. The sister is saying, this is what happened to me, right, I don't have none of us have all the facts about exactly what happened in that house. The court will have to figure that out. I don't know how they do that.
Speaker 2: Now, But did you what are your thoughts on the video?
Speaker 3: So that's what I was going to get to. My problem really is.
Speaker 2: Can I play a clip from it just in case?
Speaker 3: Because there's a couple of things we need to talk. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that you're bringing up the video and his explaining himself, because I will say to a lot of times, we don't get to hear both sides of the story, and unfortunately, no one really wants to ever hear the man side of the story either.
Speaker 2: That's a whole nother it is. So here is.
Speaker 3: The call around three o'clock in the morning, and Andrew have a five o'clock in the morning flight to LA.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna workout for some teams and I get interrupted with a call at three o'clock for mom, like, I need you to come over here fast.
Speaker 3: Like, now, what's going on? What happened into the house?
Speaker 2: Little Mom's from your mom?
Speaker 3: Like my pool sister next from When I say Pool, I mean arm com here, right, I'm like, what are you doing? Like, what are you doing? As a thirty seven year old brother and the fifteen year old sister.
Speaker 4: It's not little sisters, it's it's a.
Speaker 3: Little daughter vibe. So the young man, you know, and he was cool, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now by the way, y'all, it is shot like a Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a scene where he's in the car and they paying it on the side. Yeah, it's basically a documentary explanation of his situation. But yeah, your thoughts now, so so I started off to say it. Yeah, the facts, I guess are being disputed, and I don't have any insight on what the facts are as far as what happened between Patrick Beverley and his sister. But the there's layers of problems with the whole situation right to what you're saying about the father is supposed to you know, I guess instill this fear in the situation, right. I don't know why the mother felt like she had to put Patrick.
Speaker 3: Beverley even in this.
Speaker 4: If you live in the house with your daughter, your daughter is active. This is a recurrent theme. It is that we heard this public could because of the extremity of what happened there this It sounds like they've been dealing with this element.
Speaker 1: Seven years old with a fifteen year old sister. It's not a sibling relationship.
Speaker 4: It's a daughter, yes, clearly it was.
Speaker 2: And the mom, he says it, she there were three am in the morning.
Speaker 3: Right like, you're you're the money because you're not.
Speaker 1: Even not even you're the one with the money. But she feels the figure. But that's the thing too.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's because he's got the money if he was just the breadwinner, so you listen to.
Speaker 2: The bread we're bringing money into this.
Speaker 1: But also if this woman currently does not have a even boyfriend or man, say that the father of this fifteen year old is not in the house. Unfortunately, what we see too, is these weird dynamics that happen.
Speaker 2: With moms and their son.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my son is my king.
Speaker 2: My son is my king. My son is and so the baby daddy not here.
Speaker 1: You not a daddy, which is why he said, I didn't even I don't even have this brother sister relationship with my sister.
Speaker 2: I have a daughter dad relationships.
Speaker 4: So the reason why the mother called him is because, yes, the red wind A part is a big factor, because everything that they are able to do is because he had on his success. So with dad saying, she's saying, well, this is your house, were in it. You ain't gonna disrespect the pipeline of the house, right, So you know what, I argue that we come over here.
Speaker 3: The mother's probably thinking that's the only way to whatever.
Speaker 2: That is back to what we have to start doing as a mother. Talk to your daughter who's fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Old and navigate why this might not be the dynamic you want to have. Mind you, there's so many conversations that I also realized I didn't have with my mom about age gaps and these older men not really knowing how to treat you. But also at fifteen, how you're making these adult decisions that you really shouldn't be making. But that's a conversation that I think more mothers need to have with their daughters instead of now bringing the black male figure to come and steal that fear and to put bell to ass and to like, we got to also stop making our black men these fear mongering examples within the family unit.
Speaker 2: That is a huge part of the problem.
Speaker 4: There too, right, And so that's the first thing, is like, why does Pat need to be involved in this? Clearly like that's a family dynamic they've probably been dealing with for a while.
Speaker 3: So that's one part of it.
Speaker 4: The second part of it is with even with what Patrick Beverly like the way it played out, right, you are coming over there because there's an issue with your sister and the sister is sneaking out going to see the boyfriend. Pat in one of the clips, talks about how much he's like, yo, I know you're fifteen, you love, you're in love. I see your I respect your love, I respect the fact that you love this boy, whatever the case is.
Speaker 3: But if when when you're.
Speaker 4: Coming over there, and if the problem is this boy is and how your sister snuck out to be with this boy, and she's fifteen and he's eighteen. Why are you hemming up the sister? Because he said in the clip the boy called the police.
Speaker 2: Why, I mean, but why are you hemming up a woman at all?
Speaker 4: Like, if anything, you would think the normal reaction would be one of these niggas is doing something to my sister.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go fuck that nigga up.
Speaker 1: You can't do that either, No, no, but that was respectful. Well and he said that, he said, I wasn't But.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 4: But isn't that part the problem If he's an eighteen year old boy with your fifteen year old sister, Yeah, your sister. You can say the sister is doing whatever she but like you can come out. There's no you addressed you, but you addressed that boy. He said in the video. I didn't want to mess up his life, so I made sure there was no charges filed and all this. I didn't want to mess up the boy's life. Well, why are you protected him? Could it be more?
Speaker 3: What? Could it be more to the story that we don't know?
Speaker 4: Of course, the problem is I mean they again, we're not gonna know all what happened inside.
Speaker 1: I mean but the bigger, the bigger scope of the thing is like, I actually don't feel like I feel like unfortunately this only happened because of the trickle down effect, which is why when you said, what can we change different? That's what we have to change different. I do want to make sure we go on because we still have two topics to get to you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we got the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah again.
Speaker 1: I that's that's the final take on this one though, Like within the black community, we got to make changes about how the man we need up bringing and communicating with each other. Overall, Let's do jay Z and then will end with Coke Gate.
Speaker 3: Coke this nigga d the white Howard oh y. So this uh. A lot of you know a lot.
Speaker 4: Of stuff came out in the Epstein files, some of which is like accusations, things that are just not really important, things that are outing people for their you know, sexual crimes. But one of the things that was inside of these files, I know this guy Just Staley is related to Harvey Weinstein, I mean, Jeffrey Epstein. They were friends. Just Staley was the former CEO of the Barclays. He used to do investment banking and those type of things, And one of the things that was in the Epstein files was this email that he sent to Jeffrey Epstein that reads, you want to know why we're not South Polo. And it just to be clear, he's I think he's referencing South Polo from the standpoint of them being a revolutionary and them reacting and overthrowing the government and revolting, pro testing the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So, by the way, you're reading an email from just Stally to.
Speaker 4: Jeff he said, watch the watch the TV ads on the Super Bowl. It's all about hip blacks and hip cars with white women. The group that should be in the streets has been bought off period by jay Z.
Speaker 3: That's from just Stally. I need to point out a couple of things.
Speaker 4: This email was sent on February third, twenty fourteen, two years prior to.
Speaker 3: This net is when yeah, right, the Next came to Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: You know, jay Z was a big part of bringing into Brooklyn, getting against public acceptance of this move. People were very critical at the time that this was going to disenfranchise a lot of people, a lot of people who had lived in Brooklyn for a long time.
Speaker 1: Maybe I opened the Applebee's across from Barclays, did you yep?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: I was a part of that, right, so that the whole area is gentrified now.
Speaker 3: But the thing also that happened in twenty twelve is that Trayvon Martin was killed.
Speaker 4: And when Trayvon Martin was killed, it was a It wasn't a local store, it was a national store. People were angry, people were outside in the streets. So I want to be clear that even him saying this is historically inaccurate the idea that black people have been glamored and bought off by jay Z and they're so black people are so stuck on celebrity and fame and money that we can't possibly concentrate on the things that are going on around us. No, because niggas got in the street in twenty twelve when Trayvon Martin was killed. Also in this same year that this email was sent, Michael Brown was killed and people were back in the streets because Michael Brown got killed.
Speaker 3: We watched it on video and we said, this is fucked up. So this is a white.
Speaker 4: Man talking about some foolishness that he doesn't even know what he's talking.
Speaker 3: Nothing he's saying here is even remotely accurate now per usual. Right now.
Speaker 4: The separate issue from that is, and I had this conversation with a friend like a month ago, which is interesting that this came out now, is that jay Z is just in transparence. Jay Z is my favorite rapper ever. I think what jay Z has done for music and hip hop culture and all of that kind of shit is amazing. But people have had a lot of criticism for jay Z for years now for the way he operates in capitalism.
Speaker 3: And I think the culture at.
Speaker 4: Large that our relationship with capitalism has evolved over the time as we see more things deteriorate because people are greedy, because corporations want money, and they're willing to choose money over literally anything else, human lives or anything else. So the conversation around, I don't believe that jay Z is a distraction to the black community.
Speaker 3: I don't even believe when people say that.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's a cop out to just find some boogeyman to blame some things on. But are there things that jay Z could address and issues that people have with some of the things that he's done business wise? Sure, I think that's fair, But as far as being a puppet. That's where it gets a little bit weird, because are you mad at it?
Speaker 2: Are you forward or against?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What what is your sense on this specifically?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think. I don't think he's a puppet.
Speaker 4: I think that jay Z is a capitalist and I think that he operates in that system unabashedly.
Speaker 3: The question is that if jay Z operating in.
Speaker 4: Capitalism, is he being used or because he sells The story he sells to us is that I'm going to go into these business places and take advantage of these crackers who want to take advantage of me.
Speaker 3: And he has to some degree he has.
Speaker 2: It's not going to need to every degree.
Speaker 1: But we've seen him operate successfully in a liquor business and buy and sell it like he's owned it and sold it.
Speaker 2: We've seen the changes he's made for the Super Bowl in the league that didn't even want their players to kneel, We've seen him.
Speaker 4: I mean, but the question is are those things just because those things have happened, does that also mean that they couldn't.
Speaker 3: Still be using him to do things that aren't in our face that we're not accounting.
Speaker 1: Rights me off like they never gonna be happy.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I don't like to and and we could expand on this later on, because I'm pretty sure it probably right now, the whole whole, But even in this conversation about you know, and I hate seeing it because it's getting quite annoying now. And it's some folks out here that's always commenting on Charlemagne's business dealing and always this and that, and always got some negatives say about it. Look, business deals are done in the favor of the person doing business.
Speaker 3: How you critique it as it relates to you don't matter.
Speaker 4: You negotiate your whatever it is, you want, your agenda, whatever it is. That only whether you would do it, and what looks like if you that don't matter that you don't the position, the position you're in to do that when it's time you have your gender. But why is it always a conversation about, oh, oh, he must have did something, got in the booty hole to get the two hundred men?
Speaker 3: Why I want.
Speaker 1: To just there's a there's a sentence from the caption of all of all of these things that were pulled. It's imperative to understand how black celebrities are weaponized against us due to its deceptive nature but effective impact. The ruling class means us harm and will outsource that mission to anyone willing to sell themselves out for the right price. Is the jig finally up? For Jigaman?
Speaker 2: And my problem is we love and.
Speaker 1: Celebrate the fact that we are able to go to university, obtain degrees, climb the corporate ladder, have c suite positions. Why do we get to a point where when someone finally makes it into certain rooms and someone finally makes a certain amount of money, now we gotta view them as a sellout?
Speaker 2: Is there not?
Speaker 3: Is it coco bread every day? Like Nick?
Speaker 1: It's literally like our ancestors wildest dreams to be able to sit in some of these rooms. So the idea that now they're sellouts or not doing enough for like, I just hate that this is a constant conversation around around black people who read a certain level of success or get into certain rooms with white people that yeah, maybe ate for us, but there are conversations changing the narrative, Like we literally could go and look at all the Super Bowls from the eighties and nineties and see the exact change of what's been happening in the celebrities that are now performing now. But it's like, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Speaker 3: But I think there's room for both things.
Speaker 4: I don't think that someone achieving a thing for being in a room or having a certain success means.
Speaker 3: That there was how did you get? Like? Was there harm done along the way to get to that point?
Speaker 2: I hate that conversation too.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't matter though, because if that's what happened, that's what happened.
Speaker 3: The people whose.
Speaker 4: Houses in Brooklyn, who wanted to stay there, who didn't give a fuck about no Barclay Center, They wanted to keep their homes, they wanted to stay there where they've been for whatever amount of years. Now, plot twists that shit was gonna happen. Whether jay Z has, whether he had whether.
Speaker 3: Okay, and that's one thing. But did jay Z have to participate in it?
Speaker 2: Bro he owned zero.
Speaker 1: Of the net They want to talk about like butor no, it doesn't make it worse. That allowed him to be a part of the NBA, which later then he also sold that stake so that he could start Sports Rock Nation Sports. But also that's having that partnership or that relationship or that bit of ownership probably led him to be able to We saw him sit with Bloomberg in the Russian when he sold it, but that's probably what led to him later being able.
Speaker 2: To make the changes that he's making the NFL.
Speaker 1: To me, again, I agree, if it was gonna happen whether I'm here or not, why not find a way to where I can get into the room and make a difference.
Speaker 4: Or maybe I mean we gotuse guess what Those rooms are controlled by them people. We don't have zero ownership or anything to be in our own rooms. But I don't think it's a I don't think it's necessarily a problem wanted to be in the room, but it's the idea that you can't have. Just because there he's doing a benefit thing doesn't mean that he can't be critiqued for things that went along along the way. Bill Cosby put a lot of people in school. He played a lot of people's tuition too. Does that mean that Bill Cosby can't re critique for the ship that he's.
Speaker 3: Doing behind the scenes that he's been accused of.
Speaker 1: But I think that even with this, but even this it's all imaginary of what jay Z is doing wrong or what he knew, or.
Speaker 4: For the people who did not everybody was with the Barclay Center. Some people did not want in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Some people.
Speaker 4: Before that was short. Well, the Illuminati is all bullshit. I'm not talking about illuminati. I'm not talking about like, oh, you did some ritual to become rich, that's not what you know.
Speaker 1: You know what else? Right now, look a lot like Barclay over there the same Go look at Marcy and what they're doing over there in Brooklyn, and they're gentrifying New York. Look So to even place any bit of blame or critique on Jay Z for being a part of what is literally happening to by.
Speaker 2: The way, talking about New York the beltline, what the.
Speaker 1: Of what's happening here in one of the blackest cities in America. It's doing nothing but pushing pushing our community.
Speaker 2: Out further into the outskirts.
Speaker 1: Like they're now being pushed to some out and they're now being pushed to build. They're now being pushed to Gweney County. What what the old fourth Ward and the West End and even Nowtown look like.
Speaker 4: Now they're doing four it looks like Silicon Valley, and you know, and you know who's participating in that extra to make sure that that thing happens. The black mayors that have been running this city. Yeah, I mean I'm not The black mayors who've been running this city for fifty sixty years have all played a part in that expansive growth. Yeah we get the FIFA, we get the World Cup, Yeah, we get the Super Bowl. Yeah, we get these big events, we get this business that's good for the city. I'm not saying that there aren't benefits to that, but to act as if those people who are being pushed out don't give a fuck about the World Cup, they give a fuck about the house that they lost because of the imminent domain.
Speaker 1: Okay, but to me, it's one of those where, again, with all the things going on in this world, one of the things that I'd be like, you damn if you do.
Speaker 2: Damned you don't. I don't feel like this is something to spend energy.
Speaker 4: Is it changed clothes or is it dead presidents? But That's what I'm talking about. He needs one of those too, Like what j Z change change clothes?
Speaker 2: Change Look, he told you that.
Speaker 4: Listen, guys, to be in these rooms, you gotta take off your your NFL jerseys, your baseball football jerseys and put on some and put on some tie to play the part code twitch or well I was gonna I would say less their president is more where I'm from.
Speaker 3: M like like, like, are you are you from Brooklyn? Right? You're from the streets of Brooklyn? Right? You grew up in the hood.
Speaker 4: Right, you grew up around the people who the people who are your neighbors, the people who you kicked it with, the people who.
Speaker 3: Are around you your community.
Speaker 4: Those are the people who moved out of the area in Brooklyn because of Barclay Center.
Speaker 3: King are you are you? Are you? Are you of that? Or are you of uh uh? Twitter? CEOs and Michael Rubins?
Speaker 4: What what are what are you of?
Speaker 3: Question? You see, that's a great That's a question. That's a great question. I think that we got to ask question.
Speaker 4: I would record, I would ask, I would ask, I would ask ourselves that question because I'm from the projects. But yeah, I want to see I want to be I want to get some money with these guys, because got the money.
Speaker 3: But I'm not going to compromise. I'm gonna bring I'm gonna bring my ship to it.
Speaker 4: But you with me that you fuck with me, But we don't have to oppress anybody. But that's the That is the fake dream that they're talking about right here, That right there is the fake dream. Because the question is, if you're operating under capitalism, is there any scenario under capitalism where someone is not harm compassionate whole point?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is that bullshit or not?
Speaker 4: Because I think that's bulls compassion Yeah, I think that's so.
Speaker 3: Do we have to know?
Speaker 1: Want to make money, We want to be on pay.
Speaker 2: I want to be as rich as possible. List how did you get there? You probably harmed someone a long way. Suck my dick. I'm living like this. It is hard. I don't know all the right way to do everything.
Speaker 3: Take what you get then, I mean tatigue.
Speaker 4: I think in our scenario, the question would be how how you can't have it both ways? How much is designed to harm people? That's super clear how capitalism is designed to you? Watching capitalism is designed to harm you. We all have to operate under it. We don't have no choice. We live here in America. That's what the system.
Speaker 2: Twitched my camera.
Speaker 3: But it is designed But the harmed people.
Speaker 4: The question point in our scenario is how many hard over usage of chat.
Speaker 3: Poison water for information? Is it worth it? I mean, is it worth so we're complicit, could be using that's don't let me know it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, but.
Speaker 4: No, listen, listen uh me? He shot the big Homi Johnathan Mana. He texted me and say, Yo, chatty b T, don't a. I don't like you king, And I was like, I don't like that last one. I think you're looking like that.
Speaker 2: I got last topic. Last topic.
Speaker 4: We are well, but they make me look good though. Of course I think she got a little light in her. She got at you know, the prompts is like probably like you know, I think chatchy BT is on the spectrum.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm about to get both of you all the little taste of collars and they put them.
Speaker 4: That's why I put on that both time both ip probably got AI and it shocked me and choke me while I'm talking about jay Z.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all, last topic, Let's see if you care.
Speaker 4: I do have a clip to play text message hold.
Speaker 1: Dwight Howard and Amy Lucia Happened has literally been on.
Speaker 2: The internet all week.
Speaker 1: Amy got in the car, claiming that Dwight Howard's behavior led to CPS coming to pick up her step child. Of course, Roy read you had something to say Dwight about Dwight Howard came into it. Their shared son also came on the internet. Amy sat in a in a car crying with a back of coke, saying that this is the reason, while also rubbing her face taking the coke. It was just a lot going on right now. There's a few topics of this. I guess I'll ask y'all's thoughts. Did y'all care about this? Are y'all like here for family disputes being on the internet.
Speaker 3: I don't care, per se.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, if Dwhite Howard is doing what he's being accused of doing, then I want that woman to get someone.
Speaker 2: What is he being accused of doing? Taking coke?
Speaker 4: Well, she's saying that he is like locking her out of the home. They're marriage that she's locked him out of the house numerous signs. She had to break in the back gate, and she had to walk through the floorst to break in the back gate because when he gets mad at her, he changes the cold and she can't get to the security. Yeah, if you're a billionaire or you're a brokie bro the behavior, it's the same ship.
Speaker 3: Niggas will still default to the same.
Speaker 1: Leap in my car when my husband gets mad because he's a multi millionaire and he's an NBA star. By the way, the no one one calls lead to she was like, I'm with Lakers star.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was like, girl, you've fending out over your nigga, Like, this is weird. I did, however, want to take a different approach to this conversation. Clearly, the bag of coke was crazy. Clearly them divorcing, I don't care.
Speaker 4: She put on some of the coke in her hand, talked about it, and then put it back in the bag to make sure that it wasn't everybody.
Speaker 3: No one's gonna find out. Look, where's that at right now? Nah, you just got a whole key in there.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's listen to this clip. By the way, this is a clip from Claudia Jordan. She was on a Fox soul show called Side Dish, and I was I want to know y'all's thoughts on what she had to say about everything happening.
Speaker 6: He should have never been married to a woman first of all, while you waste that woman's time.
Speaker 2: That's number one.
Speaker 6: No, that's not a legend.
Speaker 2: He everybody knows. Okay, it's not a legend. People. There's lots of evidence out there about Dwight. How ll y'all know what it is. I mean, look, he got the mouth. Okay, his mouth. Tell everyone to know about he got off.
Speaker 5: He got a mouth.
Speaker 3: Pretty much.
Speaker 6: Now, people say that Royce is petty and she should have waited to know the hell she should not if you have known the story about their relationship. And she crashed out a few months ago, a year ago, and gave up all the tea. She'd been quiet for so many years about the things this man has been doing to this woman behind her back, allegedly Okay that that Royce put laid out all the receipts, Okay, stopping her from getting employment.
Speaker 2: Just keep on filing.
Speaker 6: Motion at the motion, at the motion until she's bankrupt, getting her off basketball wives like just putting a gag on her, on her. He has been interfering this woman's life for a long time.
Speaker 2: So imagine you've been trying to.
Speaker 6: Tell the world like your story, you get shut up, shut down, and Amy luci Anam comes into the playout and then marries this guy and gets with them and then globes and is laughing at Royce like it was you.
Speaker 2: You're jealous of my position.
Speaker 6: Ain't nobody jealous of anybody that's with Dwight Howard except maybe some dudes.
Speaker 2: Okay, No one is jealous about that.
Speaker 6: Nobody is jealous.
Speaker 2: Maybe miss Kitty is jealous.
Speaker 6: And if you don't know whom's kitty is, look up miss Kitty.
Speaker 2: M for me. Okay.
Speaker 1: So I just want to say this first and foremost, it is very tasteless for me and for anyone to speak about whether or not a man should be married to a woman based on their sexual preference or things that took place in their past.
Speaker 2: So she went in and on about Royce.
Speaker 1: Maybe her and Royce have a friendship, But for me, there's a huge problem to me with leading with the fact that Dwight should not have been married to a woman because of the thing that we are privy or whatever the.
Speaker 2: Case with him and men.
Speaker 1: We have to if we want to move forward with these conversations and have more healthy relationships and have less dl men and get to a place where we can have conversations around consent and kinks and desires and make this healthy.
Speaker 2: For everyone sex.
Speaker 1: You can't say here and tell a man who may or may not be bisexual, because we all also know that people don't want to have labels attached to them that they don't have as their own. Tell them that they shouldn't be married to who they want to be married.
Speaker 4: To, especially because they didn't have shit to do with the topic, nothing to do with a reason to shit on that man and talk some LGBT, some anti LGBTs.
Speaker 1: Some anti male bisexual hate, and ignorance. To me, it's one of the most ignorant takes. Again in twenty twenty six, for whatever reason, men are not able.
Speaker 2: To be to be an LGBTQIA and I don't.
Speaker 1: Understand why we know that gay is gay, lesbian is lesbian, but by can identify both genders, and I still do not understand by in twenty twenty six, men, specifically black men cannot hold the bisexual title if in fact they like men and women, let them.
Speaker 2: I also know so.
Speaker 1: Many men that like trans women and identify as straight. So when we get into these labels of straight or gay or hetero or homo and all these things. There's still shame in identifying with labels because people don't want to be labeled. They don't want to be put in boxes, they don't want to be put in categories. They don't want to be put into these things because they just want to be themselves, and maybe they are dealing with be questioning or shame around them. Let's be very clear, Dwight came into this league as a Christian boy, whit comes from the Christian roots, went to a Christian high school. So whatever his sexuality is right now, there's probably a lot of shame, a lot of questioning, a lot of things. He's probably and unlearning himself, so to see here and this be a thing.
Speaker 2: Also, baby, I'm gonna say it, y'all.
Speaker 1: Gotta stop acting like women don't know what some of the men is into. The problem is a lot of these women won't admit that they know that their men like to be pegged or that their men like to sec dick. On the side of this, there's a lot of women that actually allow it but don't admit that. I notice what my man is into, but I love him. Also, Amy Luciana, Luciana whatever married Dwight.
Speaker 2: After all the gay allegations.
Speaker 1: You not gonna tell me this girl didn't know nothing about Dwight or what Dwight may have wanted in or around his mouth or boot all.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: My thing is Amy is not someone who is completely oblivious to what the sexuality of horror of her husband is. So even for her to say that, but Royce got the receipts.
Speaker 2: Like first saw. Roy's been coming for Dwight since day one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think Dwight has because I'm not just talking about his sexuality right now. I'm just talking about his relationship with Royce and how fucked up it seems.
Speaker 2: It's always.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that he for me anyway.
Speaker 4: I don't think he gets the benefit of the doubt of how petty or whatever type of shit he might be doing to this lady in their private home like that.
Speaker 3: None of that would surprise me.
Speaker 4: But like, yeah, to your point about him sexuality, Like ay, it kind of comes back to what we were talking about with the Hawks game. Is just that the way people view sex is it's fucked their brain up. But I don't know what it is outside of the religious part of it. I don't know why people have struggle with the idea of sex or sexuality, whatever it is, because ultimately it doesn't fucking matter.
Speaker 1: Mind you, Amy was talking about coke cps came and took the children, and yet on this take, we're still leaning into whether or not fucking Dwight sucks dick or not. Who fucking cares? And why does that keep being a conversation? Mind you, Bisexual men, gay men can be good fathers, good partners. Let's stop acting like Dwight is now so stained and a man that no woman should ever take serious? Like is he a liar?
Speaker 3: Probably? Probably? But why do we.
Speaker 1: Keep giving him this scarlet letter like he is the most disgusting creature in the world because there's allegations of him being with men.
Speaker 2: It's not him, it's like the homophobia of it.
Speaker 3: But it's not him. It's the construct, right, you mentioned it earlier.
Speaker 4: It's the societal construct of how they view based on religion. Yeah, religion says that ship is a no. And so you mentioned that he grew up in a Christian ysehold, where's a no. But even within the construct, the tabooism that happens behind closed doors. Taoism says, how you say that Ireland Irish?
Speaker 2: That's the word.
Speaker 4: Listen, y'all don't want to put y'all y'all want to remove the l out of salmon.
Speaker 2: So yeah, tabooism. We're gonna let you go ahead.
Speaker 3: Is there right? No, we're gonna make it. Listen. They got the aa V.
Speaker 4: Whatever that ship is, right, but looks tabooism, right. It's just like we don't know what his experiences was or if any where he encountered these scenarios as a young in right, which he developed and liked or whatever, So we don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just the construct. We got to stop. The construct is the construct?
Speaker 4: The look they're trying to change, change laws and state the state that's anti l g B t Q, anti interracial marriage, anti whatever they the construct says, that's.
Speaker 1: That's my problem is that we're going to have a conversation about this, this divorce as a whole and what was unhealthy about it?
Speaker 2: What lets CPS to come and get the child? Still don't know that?
Speaker 1: And then this bag of now there's a drug situation here, hold on, like the U has.
Speaker 2: CPS taking taking a kid out the home. We have a bag of coke.
Speaker 3: That bitch.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you still out walking free because this intend to distribute.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of you know what I mean. We don't want to keep going back to the plug. He just wanted the extra suprise to get it.
Speaker 2: But then the conversation back to his fucking sexuality.
Speaker 3: How many podcasts.
Speaker 2: So you're demonized more for being a black man that might like men, more than being a criminal, more than using drugs, more than being an abuser, more than being a cheater.
Speaker 1: Heaven forbid you like Dick, you are worse than all those people in terms of a relationship. And I don't understand why we are criminalizing black men for this sexual.
Speaker 3: Love, moral man, evolving him to moral mandy. I love it.
Speaker 2: Now, We'll let a man be a cheater. Look at you. You want Anthony.
Speaker 3: Edwards to hold on. I didn't have the information. I didn't do other city. I didn't have that information. You put me on games. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: There's still a level of yeah, doctor Dre's a billionaire. Yay fun that he hit women like even with this, there is a child that was moved from a household.
Speaker 2: There is a woman that is a legend. She's being locked out.
Speaker 1: That nigga sat front rode with the goddamn Lakers game, smiling, waving to everybody, and then filed for divorce the next morning.
Speaker 2: We still don't know why that child was removed basically out of the home.
Speaker 1: We know that this relationship is unhealthy because Amy filed six months ago for divorce, and yet the conversation of the goddamn Internet is dwight sexual.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a collision of two things happening.
Speaker 4: We as a society from the inception of people, we have all been running around practicing like unprotected patriarchy, right, So like there's that part of it, right, yep. Then there is the part of it that is supposed to be is like the sex shaming of the whole thing. So it's like, well, what's the what's the worst thing you can do to a man who's supposed to be a big alpha male Like amber Rose did the same thing to Kanye when she was mad at him, and she's like, oh, well, that's why you like fingers in your booty hole, nigga, And it's like all right, like you're trying to find you're using patriarchy to say, the man is supposed to be this the.
Speaker 3: Nothing feminine, nothing like the strongest big dug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, masculine, and take a finger in the bootle hole.
Speaker 4: You do whatever you want to. Whatever a man and a woman do is a whin a man and a woman do. Whatever a man and a man does is what a man and a man does, and all of that shit like that's fine, but you're trying to take these two things and use them as weapons against each other. And it's like for what or what for what? Just to get off points, like what does that have to.
Speaker 3: Do with anything?
Speaker 4: Everything changed October twenty eighteen for Dwight Howard.
Speaker 3: That was the beginning of the NBA season. When he's at the Washington Wizards.
Speaker 4: Okay, he was out for the season opener, Okay, And when they put on an injury report why he was out and you know that's public.
Speaker 3: Everything started there, bro and the report was a tailbone injury. It says Dwight, mister star of the NBA season.
Speaker 4: Do the legitimate albeit and usually describe gluteal injury known as performance muscle injury, the soreness in the buttocks which caused the significance records the significant pain and discomfort. So when you put that on the internet, right, what happens when you put that on the internet everybody? And that's when the start. That is the origin story of how we get here. Mind your business. If he liked what he likes, hats off, bro, talk about that and we shouldn't be we should not he like, we like, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's that is. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: Like I don't, but that's sexuality whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is is separate from are you a good father?
Speaker 2: Being a good father? Are you abusing children? Are you like? Come the fuck on.
Speaker 1: If we're gonna have these conversations, I need people to be a lot less ignorant and attack the matter and not be so homophobic in there in their takes, especially especially like Claudia, your friend with with gays. You work with Carlos king to me to lean into that is like, what do we come on?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 1: But that's for Dustin, you work with Carlos, Like to me, we shouldn't be like like criminalizing Dwight for whatever his sexuality may be while he's getting a divorce a divorce in his heterosexual relationship with a woman.
Speaker 4: If she's triads with Royce, and like that is her motivating thing to be anti Dwight because she's friends with Royce and she thinks that Dwight did her dirty. If you think that that, I'm sticking up for my homegirl.
Speaker 2: Let's not say that you should have been married to a woman, you know.
Speaker 3: So that's a petty way to start the conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was This was a lot. I think I'm just gonna shave my head after this. You got to join the Patreon.
Speaker 2: To see it.
Speaker 1: We got showing up as my barber. We're gonna we're gonna document it all.
Speaker 2: Basically, y'all.
Speaker 3: I have been blocking, can get a mullet. We're gonna put a mullet on it.
Speaker 2: You gotta leave me a little bit. I don't want to go bald.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that was my question. I was like, when you stay shaved, shave, shave.
Speaker 4: And shave, let me see all like like like all like down to the skin.
Speaker 2: No, not down to this, not down to the skin. Hey, hey yo me word records the waves. All right, guys.
Speaker 1: Well, anyways, we're about to get out of here, about to shoot some bonus content again. If you want to see that, make sure you have Patreon dot com backslash with Mandy be Hopefully you guys all, if you're still drinking your beer and green teings, please make sure you get an uber driver, make sure you drive safe. Do not drink and drive. Y'all know I will tell y'all that every hell of day weekend. Anyways, guys, this is Selective Ignorance for curiosity, lips, controversy, thrives, and conversations metal See you pull says holes next week.
Speaker 3: Main like the.
Speaker 1: Ignorance, a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcast from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 5: Thanks for tuning in the Selective Ignorance of Mandy B. Selective Ignorance. It's executive produced to buy Mandy B. And it's a full Court Media studio production with lead producers Jason Mondriguez.
Speaker 2: That's me and Aaron A.
Speaker 3: King Howell.
Speaker 5: Now do us a favor and rate, subscribe, comment and share wherever you get your favorite podcasts, and be sure to follow Selective Ignorance on Instagram at Selective Underscore Ignorance. And of course, if you're not following our hosts, Mandy B. Make sure you're following her at Full Court Pumps now. If you want the full video experience of Selective Ignorance, make sure you subscribe to the Patreon It's patreon dot com backslash selective Ignorance.
Speaker 2: It's Segro Mady B.
Speaker 1: And you just checked out my new podcast, Selective Ignorance. If you enjoyed this episode, make sure you head on over and hit that subscribe button and check out Selective Ignorance every Tuesday and every Friday, wherever you listen to your favorite podcast