Speaker 1: If you would like to have us answer your questions.
Speaker 2: If you have a terrible job, a terrible boyfriend, friend, or a terrible throatfle guess what.
Speaker 1: You've got decisions? All right, y'all, it's another hunk day. You've got this decision.
Speaker 2: Why are y'all so happy we have this now? I mean yeah, I mean we really missing some homemail. We was missing a lot of homemail. Go to Hey, y'all, if you want.
Speaker 3: To hear us read your homemail here on our Wednesday drop. Make sure you email us at Decisions Pod at gmail dot com. Or we are giving priority reads to our patrons, so make sure you head on over to Patreon and go to patreon dot com. Backside Horrible Decisions, I'm trying to get fight dollars about you, but we're gonna read it verse anyway. Well, we're gonna we're gonna read the top to your host first, so we gonna trickle on down.
Speaker 1: Stop. Wait, what was the blues clues mail? Thing? Wants a blues clothes mail? It makes me want to wag my tail when it comes up. I want to yep.
Speaker 3: I don't think we should be singing any children's anything on this goddamn show.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying they don't. They got an all TV don't. Okay, I just don't want anyone to hear that.
Speaker 3: And then all right, y'all swallowing kids, we can't talk about So the topic for today is everything I didn't want. But you you know it's crazy. It's not even what you think. This is more of a life thing and more it's.
Speaker 2: More of I'm sorry, decision decisions, decision decisions decisions.
Speaker 1: This is not Patreon.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's the thing I do before I read this letter. Your home mail can be.
Speaker 1: Anything under the sun.
Speaker 3: So if you want to send us anything relating to your career, dating, your mental health, all the things, Weezie and I will have some advice and do not take it as Bible, because, bitch.
Speaker 1: We are just two girls. We're just a girl. I'm gonna tell you mine will always be bad, all right, So everything I didn't want? Hey, Mandy and Weezy. I just recently turned thirty and I currently hate my life.
Speaker 3: I hate my job, I hate where I live. I hate that I struggle so much financially and socially. I've been celibate for almost a year because I haven't been comfortable with people. I've also just recently started therapy too. But besides that, all I want to do for my birthday was go shopping and take myself out to dinner. I've already told my family and friends that I don't want to party and don't want to be at anyone's house just shopping in a nice dinner out.
Speaker 1: Well, my family once again ruined my one day.
Speaker 3: By throwing me a birthday party at their house and inviting all of my friends and family there. Everything I didn't want. This has been going on for years that I never do what I want for my birthday because no one ever listens to me when I say what I want. Oh, then they tell me, I know this is not what you wanted, but I hope you like it. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but shit, I just turned fucking thirty and I've had one of my worst years of my life. Should I get over it and just appreciate that they did something, or should I start this next chapter in my life separating myself from my family until they start listening to me. Thank you in advance from Lena.
Speaker 1: You go first. I mean, if you guys just heard the.
Speaker 3: Jack Queeze episode and also if you guys heard two years ago, I dealt with this with my ex.
Speaker 1: Luckily my friends listen.
Speaker 3: I will say, my friends are very in tune with knowing exactly what I want, but maybe because they know that I'm that person.
Speaker 1: I won't tell you.
Speaker 3: I'm just I think I over communicate when I want things. So the year that I said all I wanted was a spa Erica and Mila bought me a two hundred dollars fucking Sojo spa certificate.
Speaker 1: That's all I wanted.
Speaker 3: My nigga didn't listen to me at the time, but my friend they were like, bitch, all you said you want it was a spot so here goes to spots certificate.
Speaker 1: My friends listened.
Speaker 3: Now again, when it comes to vocalizing the things that you want, we can also put this into family, friendship's relationships. I do think they all show up are supposed to show up differently. Your family throwing it. I'll be honest with you, girl, I don't know what type of family you have, but birthdays for Meat growing up were never about the birthday. They were about the family coming together to play spades and do barbecue. Yeah, I gotta say when she mentioned the family, family, like Mitch, the family kind of just wants an excuse.
Speaker 1: To all comeagh. That's how you help my Christmas rent.
Speaker 2: Right. So Mamy and I are going to Asia for the month of February, and my mom based her gifts off of that, which is very sweet.
Speaker 1: Okay. She got us matching pajamas and he's like, oh cute.
Speaker 2: He only wears black, by the way, and it's his uniform, always wearing black. So my mom gets him this like robe or something and it's blue, and she goes, I.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to switch it up, and he's like, no, no, no, thank you. I love it, and I was.
Speaker 2: I was looking at me and then she got this like toiletryes bad for him, which was ugly. Sorry Mom, but you know he's smiling, he's accepting it and we're laughing about it.
Speaker 1: What we got home. I'm like, what do you want me to do with it?
Speaker 2: He's like, uh, you know, it's family regifted.
Speaker 1: Now for me, what was I supposed to do? Say?
Speaker 2: Mom, I told you only get this, do this, do that. I think sometimes when you get a little too much. This is what I said when it comes to family that are just doing a gesture, you're doing too much secondary to that, we are adults. How does she she said, thirty, Okay, you're an adult. You were an adult to me at twenty one. I think eighteen year olds are still kids at thirty years old. Do you really have time to complain about what your friends are doing for you?
Speaker 1: Number one, we're all pretty much broke. Number two.
Speaker 2: Friends are doing the best they can, and sometimes people are just celebrating you in the way that is easiest for them. I actually think the only people to hold super super accountable are partners, and the reason is because them. The niggasaid, oh you shit. I think women and men fellas. If your girl is listening to what you want and paying attention, and you're asking for what you want and she does something else, and this is a person you're in like day in and day out with, like, I think that's kind of wrong. When it comes to family and friends, it's like, eh, and.
Speaker 1: You know why because we generally, oh most.
Speaker 2: Times, only have one partner, right, whereas we have a bunch of friends.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of birthdays to spend money on. Not until I like when I got a decent job.
Speaker 2: That's when I started sending stuff for birthdays and a lavo candle, flowers whatever. But even then, it's like, not every year or remember a friend's birthday to be sending tangible gifts so to be able to have a party, throne for you or even go to a bar or whatever it is, It's like, why not just enjoy the time you have with these people?
Speaker 3: I mean, to me, I think it is when you're but we also know what depression looks like, and being around people is tough when you're depressed. She hates everything right now, so awesome being around family. Family is the ones that ask them inappropriate questions when you're having a baby, when you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: A nick But what's going on side of that, Mandy being depressed and someone trying to spend time with you and friends gathering together, they can help?
Speaker 1: It can it can help? I mean it, it could be fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: It can be fifty fifty, especially when you're feeling like you're getting nothing that you want in life.
Speaker 1: I will say though, like in terms.
Speaker 3: Of the family, birthday parties for me growing up were just a lot of spades games. The adults getting drunk, the kids being able to see each other. So I'm not sure what this party entailed for you and if it was like a whole cake offering and all that.
Speaker 1: But to me, I know, my aunties and uncles and.
Speaker 3: Cousins and everybody with me growing up love just to have a reason for everyone to come together. Because birthdays was when, Okay, we're gonna throw it on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: So even if your birthday on a Tuesday, we're doing it on Saturday. So everyone's all.
Speaker 2: Mine being able to have people arounder to celebrate. I have so many friends that have moved in the last few years of their life for jobs, and they're in cities where they don't have many friends. You just moved to Atlanta where you have so many, which is let's just say you moved here for your radio gig and it was just for that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm not gonna lie. That's tough.
Speaker 3: Another another huge component of me moving here though, is because I do have friends battling health things here, and I was like, I just want to be closer to my friends. I think I'm it's crazy because as we get older. I was just talking to my friend about this too, She's dealing with a friend whose dad just passed, and she was like, damn, friend, we're getting to the age where we're about to start losing parents because bitch, a lot of my friends are forty or thirty eight, like they're older, so their parents are in their sixties seventies, and so I just really want to spend more time with my friends. And that's all I've been doing the first three weeks i've been here, and I just really know I miss that.
Speaker 2: Showing up for friends in this age is so important. And that's why for me again, like you know, hearing this, I totally understand because I've been depressed, girl like depressing and stressy, but community like really helps. So just to know that you even have that, you even have people thinking about doing things for you. You know, when I said I have friends that are moving, like, there's so many friends I have that are doing nothing. I think I was texting a Keen Woods on Christmas and he was like, girl, I don't know, I might go to the comedy seller and I'm like, damn, I feel so bad.
Speaker 1: I'm not in New York to hang out with my phone.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. I was mad I was here for Christmas Day. Why bitch, because the New York everything is open because we're all expats. Oh Atlanta was closed. I said, Wow, city's really close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm met a comedy seller. Not let go in a cellar. Sorry, but there are a lot of people that just don't have that.
Speaker 2: So I think, just to hear somebody wanting to do something for you, I just have a lot of gratitude for that.
Speaker 3: My last bit of advice for this letter is, well, everything I didn't want I think writing out that you hate your life, you hate your job, you hate things that creates this, and I don't want to sound all like stars and Moonsie, but when you literally write that out, and when you say it that way, like it's you're literally digging yourself into a hole to continue the misery. And so speaking, just the light of you know, I like this about my job. Find something that you like about where you live. Maybe you like your bathroom, maybe you like the way even you can make it so small, like I really like the way the water comes out of my shower, like you can make things so simple, and and just being appreciative of the things that you do, like when you're in this like slump.
Speaker 1: And I was in and out of a lot of slumps last.
Speaker 3: Year, and through therapy, that's what we would talk about, like being comparing, like what I literally had to choose between whether I was gonna eat or have toilet paper.
Speaker 1: That wasn't what I was dealing with last year.
Speaker 3: I dealt with other things mentally that I had never dealt with before, like anxiety.
Speaker 1: Never thought I had it.
Speaker 3: So I was dealing with bouts of dealing with my anxiety, like I was like, damn, didn't know I had it, Stopping the drinking, coordinating my relationship to alcohol last year, dealing with all my friend's health, and I was in this slump. And when I got to therapy, she was just like, Bro, your bills are paid, You're able to still pay all of your employees. You're still like there were just so many things for me to be grateful for that in therapy I had to like lean into that to get out of my slump. And so I think that's what my full advice would be to her, not to look at what people do for you, but to literally just take notes of the small things that you actually do have appreciation for, because those things are going to get you out of this.
Speaker 1: I hate my life. M M. Mandy also has a crystal on her Oh don't do that this. I've been had this. Shout out to no, shout out to Cika's the Lamart Park. It's seeking blood.
Speaker 3: I've had this ring for I don't know, probably like five years now.
Speaker 1: So I guess you are turning into I really liked it.
Speaker 3: I just really liked it. It was unique, and I get a lot of compliments for it. Let's also be very adult here. I realize I'm able to keep things now because I buy them all the things my.
Speaker 1: Daddy got me.
Speaker 3: So I've been to Saint Croix when I was like, you mean yes. So when I was younger, I had the nameplate name plates in my ears. My dad bought me all this gold from Saint Croix. Lost it all, so I was like, damn, let me go buy it because now I know I'm gonna really keep it because I bought it. Growing up, I realized all of the expensive actual.
Speaker 1: Thing care of it, I lost it, so parents out. That's why I won't buy myself real gold ear.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I keep up with my hands, like my rings and my necklaces.
Speaker 1: Are always real for some reason. The earrings on.
Speaker 3: No earrings san yeah earring shean and sunglasses Like my friend brought me these really expensive fucking Berberry glasses. Bitch thought I lost them forever, which they were in my equipment spot because they were still in the boxes.
Speaker 1: I lie, I'm not taking it.
Speaker 2: After this Thailand trip. I think I'm gonna buy fake shit. And I'm gonna tell you why I have kept so like in my head. Oh, buying quality items, buying designer things like that is really good. It is good for certain things, for certain things. Quality outer wear, shoes, buy yourself a nice leather jacket and nice yess so a good pair of shoes.
Speaker 1: Bitch, I went thrifted for those in New York stories.
Speaker 2: But I mean that still is, you know, acquiring a nice piece, whether it's secondhand or not. I like having a good bag, and a good bag will last week.
Speaker 3: Don't do that because my friend already caught me out. Bitch, I love a fanny bag, so she said, I gotta grow up and get.
Speaker 1: A bad No.
Speaker 2: But like even that, if you have a fanny pack that can fucking last few years. Real leavens, like a lot of things are good when I go to tailand bitch, when I go to Thailand.
Speaker 1: I tell you now, I tell you now.
Speaker 2: Every pair of channel glasses you'll see me in are gonna be fifty cents. Getting everything to be thirty five times. I'm going and I'm getting fake. Why is sel toe bags? I'm gonna get a most fucking Herme's belt.
Speaker 1: Hermians get it. Okay, I'm gonna get a Twilli scar for Hermei's twilling. I'm not doing it. Don't you know what? Actually, you don't let them have? Can you buy me the the Hermaids blanket? Bitch?
Speaker 3: Ill thought I wanted an Hermaids blanket for my new house because they're like three thousand. They're expensive at spot I know. I said, oh no, give me the give me you see what I can fil give me the fake planned our trip where we go to Bangkok last and so my nigga was like, yeah, I'm I kind of want to start in bank because you're gonna buy shit.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, we're traveling. You want to you want us to carry light? Yeah, that final trip, that's gotta be final ship.
Speaker 3: Give me the little ermaids like I might go to canwon you start slaying now when I see all those of the hermaids like and I'm just not believing any of y'all because I looked it up because I see thee.
Speaker 1: Do you know what my friends? Hermeans?
Speaker 2: Her means Let me tell you so. I love wearing the Ermey's ring. They're not cheap or anything, but I actually buy it as gifts. Got Charla Mane Emma's cup for.
Speaker 1: Like a mug. I say this, that's not bad, but it's a nice generous gift.
Speaker 2: You got to see the orange box. I get all rich niggas in my life a little. They get the card deck stuff just tabletop because the stuff you won't buy yourself.
Speaker 1: So if you're not going to be a rich person in my life, that's you know what's crazy? I by like thoughtful thing. We're going all over with this home mail. Now we're talking about birthday.
Speaker 3: But I have a like again, yeah, really really rich friends. So you never know what to really get them. And I'll never forget. I went to celebrate my my homies birthday down in Florida, and I and I purchased him like because he loves fucking music.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: He like, we will literally listen and do karaoke and just sing songs. So I bought him a fucking speaker, so c literally just a portable speaker. When I tell you, even his brother was like, bro, he bring that motherfucking speaker everywhere like because he didn't. It sounds like really loud, and it was like it was the bows. So it was maybe like two hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: And he is right.
Speaker 3: And when I tell you, he loves it's one of the speakers that I bring when I go to the Beating High.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's get down her. It sounds it sounds like you just mentioned the mood speakers. So none of this is a sponsor.
Speaker 3: J'all.
Speaker 1: We out here just droppings.
Speaker 2: We had another five minutes for our home allyway, so I went to this Black Elephant party. We were just talking about Maya the Dawn being Angie Martine's daughter.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you if I know if that's real. Oh wait, yeah we should check. Yeah you you I here.
Speaker 3: Just going off with tweets. Tweets is tweets Martin hosted it?
Speaker 1: Tweets are not. She'd probably just be joking.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm about to look no bitch, no, bitch, I just looked up even Angie Martinez daughter, Stop showing these folks, girl, you just be wanting to say some lies. Even she replied, yes, you better go on Google. Well maya Saturday, hold on, not weezy acting like the gen zs cus it motherfucking Twitter as a So.
Speaker 1: I thought eyone made it safe. Okay. Anyway, so this is where Aedgie comes in. Okay, so forgives.
Speaker 2: So in December, of course does this black elephant party, like what's it called white elephant when you exchange gifts Secretsanna, there's some elephant thing that's a party theme where basically get to steal gifts or something.
Speaker 1: So this story is crazy.
Speaker 2: There is dope gifts four seats to MSG. Monica Lewinsky gave a fucking villa in Italy, but you gotta fly to then the Museum of ice Cream. The owner gave away a party in his museum for fifty people. The gifts were fired. There was a gift. I'm gonna say you so me and my nigga.
Speaker 1: Oh oh bitch.
Speaker 2: Someone a girl was like, I'm a director at LVMH and I will take you to our sample sale.
Speaker 1: That's my gift.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh no, that's right, bitch. My gift was a whole bag with a bunch of dildos in it. Oh my godgum. And you know what was crazy about money? There was a very uh I'm not even gonna say what they do.
Speaker 1: But you got money, you just brought bag of dildos.
Speaker 2: No no, no, I brought like high end sex toys and shitka but I called it a whole bag.
Speaker 1: Who hold bag?
Speaker 2: And you know what I should I should have gave up studio sessions for WCF media. But anyway, there was a celebrity that was Hella rich There, some white lady. I really know her before, but I googled her all of that shit. Oh there was vegas tickets to show everything. Do you know this bitch went straight to his molly gummies. I said, I know she got money. She was like, I've already been on the floor.
Speaker 1: What do I care? And she went right up to him and said, oh, they're good, They're really good. Okay, So she went to the drugs bringing drugs. You could what a lot of people did, mushroom. Oh my goodness. So you can go and steal gifts.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a person coming around with dice and they're shooting the dice and if you get doubles, you can steal a gift whatever. Michael j took my gift, I all I wanted. Angie Martinez came. She said, my gift is I will interview you a member of your family, a loved one, any project you want to report, I will interview you. That is my gift and she put it in her frame. I said, that's the one I want, right. Wow, we got a book coming out. I just opened a fucking gym. I want the Angie Martinez interview bitch. So my nigga looking at me, He's like, I want the LVMVA shit, But I got you, baby. So we're fighting right and there's me and this girl, this bitch. She was gorgeous, but she was a little bitch because we was fighting all night, right to the point where when.
Speaker 1: Michael Ja got a chance to steal, she goes get it from her.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh hell no, So Mandy all night, me and are going back forth back forth. Last thirty seconds, I end up with this little fucking portable bow speaker, and I'm about to cry because I'm like, yo, I really want this Angie thing. The party was the day that we announced our books. I just was like, fuck, like I need this.
Speaker 3: First off, don't be shitting on a bow speaker now that I just sit it. No, I just imagine you're looking at a field in Italy. First seats SHO. So there's a guy next to me. I don't know who he is, but we're next to each other all night. The last thirty seconds he wins the dice. He runs and grabs the Angie Martinez interview and I was like, oh my god. So then it's over and I was like, what are you gonna do with it?
Speaker 2: And he goes, oh, I just got it for you because you seem like you were really upset handed it to me.
Speaker 1: I'm like what So I'm like, what can I do? Oh my god, thank you so much?
Speaker 2: Like can I I heard he was a comedian.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I can film you for free. I have the studio and he's like, no, you're good. I find out later his name is Fahim Anwar, huge comedian. Oh wow the Netflix.
Speaker 2: But I'm like yo, He's like, I got the MSG ticket, so I don't really care. I was like, oh, who, you don't even know what he did for me, bro, Like I'm just holding it. Sorry, bro Angie, She's like, you really got him? Like yeah, She's like all right.
Speaker 1: Let me know. But I'm figuring out like what did I when? How? What will it look? Like? I want to take her to a beach, like what are they gonna be?
Speaker 2: But literally, what I initially wanted it for was kind of like a mom interview. Actually, I just when she mentioned that she would interview someone's parent and she's like, I'll get everything out of them, like you can.
Speaker 1: This is a piece of Oh wow, that was such a good gift.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that's a little cool thing I did for Christmas and uh.
Speaker 3: But also all of that to say, you actually pouted and wine, just like our listener letter for the boat for the goddamn you got actually didn't want you wasn't hand You don't imagine just saying all I want is dinner by myself and you get thrown a party. So pretty much Wesley just shared how she actually aligns with her goddamn letter.
Speaker 1: Y'all enjoyed. Patreons, Oh my god, if.
Speaker 3: You guys want to send your letters again, make sure you send it to Decisions Pod at gmail dot com and we will see you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Hi,